Speaker 1: He is drink chess, motherfucking podcast makes He's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't sagreed as your boy in O R E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip pop pioneer put up as d J e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know what I mean. And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans.
Speaker 1: Moy Days New Year C's It's time for drink Champions. Drink up mother mother? Would it good? Be hoping? Wa supid? This is your boy in O R What up? It's d J e f N.
Speaker 3: This mid tap crazy war YEA make something.
Speaker 1: And right now I want to tell you arguably this is pop be one of the if not the best, one of the greatest hip hop all producers over all of all time. The man can make anything. He can produce movies, make scores. He can produce your producers, producer, producer, the producers, the other producer. They look up to him. He has put together one of the most legendary groups of all times. There will never be another. There was never one before and there will never be another one after. They are the alpha and Omega as a person that I look up to in a lot of ways. If it wasn't for what they did in hip hop, it wouldn't have trickled down to what people did after that in hip hop, and that led it to me. So in a lot of ways, this is his show, regardless he claims it or not. In case you don't know what he's talking about, talking about Bobby, motherfucking digital Chris raheem, motherfucking the rhythm. I ain't gonna lie to you. We've been trying to get you from the beginning. You know what I mean because because of But I'm gonna tell you something. And I know I'm bouncing around, but I'm gonna tell you something. I went. I was in Paris two days prior to Wu and Na's coming to Paris. So I looked at my wife and I was like, it's no way. I'm in Paris and I'm gonna leave. Knowing that it was coming, I was like, we gotta stay two more days. So She's like, no problem. I went, and I tried to like be like incog Negro right because I wanted to like actually see the show, like as a fan. When I tell you and I'm not saying this because I say this when they're not around. That's arguably the best show, not hip hop show, the best show I've ever seen. Right, No, me, let me break it down for you. Why I'm sitting there as a fan. Steve Rifkin is trying to just like me to the back, and I'm like, I don't want to go to the back, like I actually want to like the regular seat. I want to sit down to people just recognizing me. I was like, not tell you, motherfucker, I'm a minority today, like I'm I'm a fan.
Speaker 3: So what I didn't know was y'all shared the stage.
Speaker 1: It really it's really a Wu Tang nas showna's Wu Tang show. It's not like like one is opening up for each other. We came up with that idea and how did him just come about in the beginning? Then now I was both talked about like this has to be like a cold headline, like like like you know, we're not opening up for each other. I mean, that's that doesn't doesn't make sense. So from the beginning we thought of that, but then the idea was like, now how to bring that to reality? And you know, I make movies and film and stories, and so I was like, you know, I got some ideas and then I built with the Garden and he you know, no, I said it, what what the is going to direct the tour? Right right? I was like yeah, yeah, and so and so we you know, we we just built it like that. And whoever else came involved, because Buster was was on that one. It was Buster Hall Paris one. No, no, okay, because I know we had Buster in Daylight will yeah, that's the next one, right. But point being made is that no matter who came on that tour, the idea was that we're not moving as a competition with each other. We're moving as a movement. Like the goal is for the audience to be entertained by the hip hop culture, you know what I mean. So we're not never trying to outdo each other or none of that, you know what I mean. The music, the vibe, the energy is like you in Paris, We're taking you back to New York. But you know what I mean, when we hit London, Dublin, but this is a New York state of mind. So the tour, so the tour was caught New York state of mind, right because it. Get do two tours. Yeah, we did. We did two rounds and they was both caught New York State. Yeah, okay, bad and so. So. The funny thing though, is Naza and pitched the idea of New York state of Mind. That's my Oh wow, that's his song, you know what I mean. But I'm like, yo, were moving like this with the Woo and nas. That's the New York state of Mind. I'm saying. Some of my Woo brothers was like, that's dope, But how about Woo York state of Mind? Yeah that's a non spher, non cipher like like like nah, Now, New York state of Mind is perfect, you know what I mean. Then we're going buster game, same thing everybody. You know that at the end of the day, you know, hip hop is gone worldwide and does what it does, but it still has this mecca, it still has its foundation. Yeah that's New York, you know what I mean. So you know what man and so and so and so that tour was was was was was the fiftieth your anniversary of self right, So it's like, yo, let's go New York. Listen. Let people feel that.
Speaker 3: You've got a sequenced to like a mixtape almost.
Speaker 1: That's what I felt like. I felt like it was a mixtape purpose and a play, and the play had a baby. It was like it was theatrical. It was ups down, like I mean, we found so we found. What I would say is we found points of connection that happens. Right. So thanks to NADS and Mob Deep and Gray Kwan and Ghosts and the songs they did together, right, thanks for the Cuban Link album which had that song verbal Intercourse, right and another songs they did over the years, we had intersection marks. Yeah. So it's like so Nas came out on Verbal Intercourse, you know what I mean, and then when he came out that was it was still part of the WHO set. But then we transitioned away and he goes into it and then he gets back to Off One High and Ray Kwan joins him on that and he brings Ghost and Kap. But then we transitioned it back and forth and it just was like tag team welay race, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And and that that that you gotta give.
Speaker 1: Grace the Nas too, because it's like it's almost like he's he's holding it down with other people like it is hard. Yeah, well, I mean, first of all, you know, na is one of the greatest, of course, but also in that capacity though we was all one. That's right, like like like like I love that. He was like, Yo, I'm the the tenth by the time. At that time, it was like now it's just we just's and you know what we were saying to each other. You know, this is the show where people come and talk and they open up, right, But we were saying to each other backstage, you know what I mean, even with Bus and everybody who joined through throughout the process, was like, this is just good for the culture. It's good for black men to see all this alpha energy work together, not compete, not writing over this or squandering over this, not arguing over the economics and none of that. It's like, it's good. It's a good model for the rest of the world to see. That was like our backstage talk. We knew that, Yo, this is what this is kind of like what the community needs to be doing. You know what I mean, Get off of that if they call it a black going black, white on white or whatever. You know what I mean, We're going love on love, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know what's the beauty about that that I got to see.
Speaker 1: And like I said, I was sneaking backstage at first until y'all performer. Then after you have perform, I kind of like revealed. But what I got to see is each individual grow. Like I remember going backstage. I remember seeing Way and Ghosts on one side, and you got and Cavo on one side, like it used to be like like almost like a like like I don't know if it was like park Hill and State and Brooklyn like I don't know, like, but when I got to see it this time, like I guess this is everyone coming together has grown men and understanding.
Speaker 3: I got to see the love, Like I.
Speaker 1: Got to really see like y'all as brothers and like I'm sitting there like holy shit, like I'm still a fan because because i'm your friends, like I considered the family too, Like I'm still a fan. So I'm sitting there and just watching y'all and I just see how happy y'all are when y'all to get that when y'all together, like that shit is like I know I'm outside, but I can see that ship and I could be like yo, like because when when y'all get together, do y'all women this of the beginning or yah women, yes, yes, staying in in the now. You never know though, you know what I mean. But it's the beautiful thing is there's so much history, and the history is so intertwined, like like you said, you know, to the degree of you know, children like my sister got children by goals, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: The family tree is preyed.
Speaker 1: You know, meth wife and you guards, you know, first mother of his, see the sisters just like this, you know what I mean. Me and ray Kwan third grade together, you know, the community of it all, I think is what keeps it everlasting. That's why who tank forever? And I just think that at any given moment, you don't know which one of your brothers got that spark of chi that's what you needed, you know what I mean. I might be on a high mountain thinking, you know whatever, versus on some Rizzarus ship, you know what I mean. But I needed to see you guard that day, you know, I mean, just just just because my shoes start getting too point you know, it's like, hold on, God, you gotta round them off a lot and get two pointy on your shoes. So it's like still sharp and still you know what I mean. That's and that's what we do for each other. And I think, I know, I ain't gonna say. I think it's like every time that votron comes together. Yes, you know what I mean, you get to form that blazing sword, you know what I mean, bump.
Speaker 3: And now you guys are going into the new tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the new tour, which we called the Final Chamber, and that's going back to like us, you know, running around the globe one more time together, you know what I mean. We touched the globe, yes, you know what I mean, and you got to think about you know, you know you MC hip hop, you know, or the success that hip hop gave us. And it's like, do you go back and give back to all the people that actually do their consumption of your material allows you to put your son through college or allow you to you know what I mean, to be up in your five thousand square feet or whatever. You know what I mean, How do you go back? And will you go back? You know what I mean? And for us it's hard to get us all together regardless because of that, but this is all part of a plan, right, you know what I mean, one thing that I saw I have to do is plan ahead. So but you planned a thirty year plan.
Speaker 3: You knew that y'all would be here thirty years later.
Speaker 1: It's what I said, though, Okay, this is what I just say, and you can vouch this from another brother and to a team. I said, when we came, based on the energy we was bringing right, the talent level, the unorthodox that you for, the universal, that w you for that wisdom. When we was bringing I said, I don't see nothing coming like this gonna take twenty five years, twenty years before the system itself starts to catch up. Yeah, yeah, I think the twenty years before it's like, okay, now this the talent level of others are starting at that talent left. And then I said, but maybe, I said, when that happens, though, our plane is going to land. I said, now we can land like this, right, we can land like this. If we land like this, you know what I mean, that's thirty years yeah, okay, And that's what we were on this one, that this is no nose. Let me let me let me know, let me let you know. If you know this expression, thank you. Whenever a person people have like you know, a cammarderie. Like it's a bunch of people and people say, yo, you know, we're gonna break it up and put this person over there, this person there, you know what people call it. Let's vizard it. You know that now I know that that's a good. That's a good. Remember y'are the first group ever in existence that had one record label with the whole group and then piece off each That shit is genius. Don't let's take a Okay, what is this? What is this? I like that? I like that? You got more? Okay? Okay, So we're drinking sake today, all right. So the reason why we're drinking sake, I watched the show when you drink what you drink? But yeah, it's only two liquors like like this that gives you an upper okay. One is the Chila yes, and the other is saki. Now saki though doesn't have ethanol alcohol in it. This is for a minute, all right. So this fermentation meaning you don't get no headache and all that. So this is if you're going drink vomiting fluid. No, don't drink like what does that mean? We to each other through time anyway? Saki that's fool. Yeah, this is fool. Let me chase. Yes, yeah, yes, we gotta we got you go get full Flash sake lessons from it's called Heavenly Ski. Yeah, this this particular saki. Yeah. Sorry, I'm gonna take some ice in there and put it like that. That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, give us that bottle service.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm only joking. So because me, I was the person I was trying to get in the industry, I was a young kid, I was probably like, what what was it? And what? Yeah? The who say funny gave? My first album was ninety three.
Speaker 3: I have the fly from the first Miami showing ninety four.
Speaker 1: That was so me. I was too young to understand. I thought only y'all was on the same label. When people was like, no idiots, when the individual projects. Yes, when when I first off, when I sa e't meth on the bus?
Speaker 3: What was now bring the Pain.
Speaker 1: Wasn't on a thirty six changs? Right? That was right? Yes, I was confused because I'm like, why they ain't got that logo with that right? Right? Yes? So this is this is I sort of God. I don't even think of acting this for the fans. I think of accident this for myself. But what made you say, you know what everyone puts the what's that ship put the p's in the same bucket all your age basket. That's what I meant.
Speaker 3: So what made you say was that the plan or that how it developed?
Speaker 1: It was? It was the plan as well as uh the evolution of the plan. So what I mean by that is that you know, at the end of the day, you know, we all you know, I can I put that. I like to talk too much about the street hustle side of that, right, but coming from a street hustle, right, what you need mostly in the street hustle is what a connect, all right, So once you got the connect, then you could kind of be up in the building, right, so loud as to connect right, right, So we so loud, you know at the time, you know, you know Steve Rifkin of course being an intelligent executive, one of the best executives. Because Steve Rifkin was an executive, that didn't get him interfere with the art, right, His job was to market it and do it.
Speaker 3: Your job, he was a young dude at the time into hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your job was to cook it. His job was to serviet you know what I mean, but what we were but he didn't have the at the time, the business couldn't sustain all of us. We knew that you couldn't take this. Even if somebody were to through a m hip hop wasn't getting no ms back then. But even that ain't going to feed this whole family, right right, So the idea was like, well, let's make the connect with him, Okay, make that a piece of business, but then make connects with other partners throughout the industry, right so that we can first economically be able to maintain the organization and then so that's the economic decision to create. The decision was this, So I'm a guy in the industry that came through the industry and felled right according to how you would say success would be with Prince Rock after the Prince Rakking EP, you know what I mean. You know, ten twenty thousand units wasn't enough to hit that threshold, even though right now ten and twenty thousand units right now it's like you popping no, no, no, now, look it went it went back major.
Speaker 3: What was the.
Speaker 4: Tommy Boy defending major ind Major like a major.
Speaker 1: But the guy for me was you know, I had to hit a certain number in order to get that album budget. I didn't hit that number of Tivy boy, I didn't get that album budget. You had a threshold. You had a threshold. So the point being made is that, but I had a chance also to see the industry in a way that it was just dog eat.
Speaker 3: Dog from whatever you saty for what it was.
Speaker 1: But I said in my psyche that, y'all, what if I get the industry to work together all from my you know what I mean? So I intentionally was like if Death Jam have somebody, if Geffen has somebody, if you want to elect you have somebody, b MG, loud half somebody, you know what I mean. Eventually, when West Coast and got party to get something, the industry is almost unintentionally working on your behalf, working on the behalf of WO time, right, So let me ask you. I'm sorry to cut you up because I really don't you follow me on that though. Yeah, okay, but that's not illegal, right, not design like that where you don't ask you were you become. What I'm saying is like, you know, when when the group is signed, it's like I would have known Oh no, no, because now that's in our industry because they was just woo taking aside Method many in our industry. You don't, you don't want that to happen. Let's pros and cons to that, right. I want to get too deep on the business right here. I want to spend more time building with you then talking about the business, right who But I will say the beauty of it. Let me say the beauty of it is that after Wu Tang thirty six came Method Man, all these sisters going platinum, bro, you know what I mean? And then the last album to come in that first swing of the solo albums was Liquid Swards right right, and when he came. By the time he came, you got Electra, Loud, Death Jam and now Geffing and even g because we have the gold albums with great biggers. Right back in those days, you had to buy floor space in the record stores for pop, right, and you had to buy that in order, you know, to get your records there. All five labels put their money together to have who taking the front and the right y'all. And even though Ji was the album that came out and he hit the number one rap album or whatever, right, everybody who had catalog shit double their cells. Like so stay, say, dude is doing twenty thousand normally, right forty Now you're doing forty, kid, because the industry is combined.
Speaker 4: Like what the playlist would be today. If someone's popping on the playlist, it runs down the playlist.
Speaker 1: You know what. I never thought of that, Yeah, it was. It was the first playlist. Now, now, who was somebody you did business with that you wish you did that? Whish I didn't? Yere hm, that's that's a deep question. I got plenty of them. Okay, you need an example, I got ready, But I can answer that one quick for you. Who was this gentleman a boy? The name of thinker's name was Rock? Okay. It was the first lesson in record business, one on one for me, which was he we were selling protected next by ourselves, right out of our trunks. But if you got lucky, you could get it to a one stop, right, you get it to a one stop. That's like they may take five thousand copies, and we was getting them. We was we was getting We was moving units. We moved you know, tens of thousands before we finally got the loud Wow, right, that's what made loud.
Speaker 4: One stuff is the regional distributors exactly. But my men, my men rock, sorry, my man Rock. He was representing the one stop.
Speaker 1: He said, and he took you know, let's just say five thousand copies, you know what I mean, and boom we sold them. But then now we're coming for the cream. He ain't got the cream, right, you know what I mean. And it's just like what and we don't understand that. But this is your friend from the hood. This is an industry we're selling. Madam Mover was like, yo, this guy he's going to take five thousand copies, was like that's nice. Boom Press, let's go. Let's go. Yeah, people, we're going to rock and Sol rock and Sol is hitting us with clothes crash this cash on delivery. But you gave him okay, yeah, all right, he don't pay wow, So now you don't pay. So now we stepped we step in kind of we stepped in aggressive, you know that is at those young age. And he was like uh. It was like it wasn't gonna go well. But with him, who worked put on was the two brothers who I respected this day, the Lean brothers, you know, brothers. Yes, yes, the US brothers. Yeah, everybody writes us and it was there. Yeah, I'm sorry. They said they advised us because they couldn't nobody can stop us. But they advised, like, yo, listen, let this go. You know what I mean, You guys got a whole thing ahead of you if you go and do what you're gonna do here they get in here, right, because it's like that's that's it could be some gangster shit at the end of the day, you're not gonna grow because you know, when you're young. You don't know that. You know, like all the cases that my WHU brothers had is because being young, right, and so you don't know that. Yo, you knock this dude out, you starmped this dude out. That could stop your whole career. That's because your physical aggression. Yeah, so we took advice from him.
Speaker 3: But wait, hold up, but how does it get through to you guys in that moment?
Speaker 1: No, no, because while I still negotiated, he had he had a studio. It's okay, you know what, pay us back in studio time. So we had to. So we found the we call it a diplomatic solution, which was pay us back in studio and they did the song method Man that became the next single was because it was done in that scene in that studio. We went there, and it sounds a little better than protecting that sonically because I'm now in a real studio with a little SSL and all that. So it had it, had it, so it was explains a lot. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so so so so that was So that was a solution. But doing business with him was like it almost made me say like fuck the fuck your game, you know what I mean, because it's like I didn't, I don't. I didn't expect somebody to do my package like that, you know what I mean. It's like your package to give him a package you bunk bunk bunk. So so I didn't expect that to happen. You know that, none of us, they're me power, you know, divine at the time, move all of us. But the solution was a show diplomat solution, right yeah, So Marsko Selly was I like what you went with it? You said cred but you once you put that, trying to put the yeah take a shot, it can't you can't take a shot. And we can't take let's gip him for for for for the for the game, expensive album and nice. So this to me is genius as well. Right, how does this happen? Because this guy step to you and say, I want to will they created it? Okay? Yeah, I'm asking you know. So yeah, So we talked about this a lot already. So I'm okay, I want to hit. I got so much time with you. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I will say this though about it. Right. It was an idea that one of my students, and you know, kind of germinated, right, and it was kind of cohesive with the idea I had, which was, to me, music is art. It should be treated as such. Right. At this time, music was being devalued, right, right, So it's like, now we got to find a way to put value back into it. And people mostly value what they can't have, all right, Sorry, then they can't have this, right, only one. We're going to make one copy and it's gonna you gotta go to a museum to hear it, you know what I mean. That was the ambition of it. Uh So we started to listen and and and the funny thing is different millionaires and even billionaires was acting like they was going to buy it, you know what I mean. It was like it was because that's the auction business, Southerby's and Padaway, that's what they do, right. But then I met this kid. He was still a kid and he wasn't famous yet, Marsh Grelly. Maybe at the time he was probably worth a couple of hundred mil so he was really a baby compared to the other bidders. Okay, okay, all the bidders had bills. But he had came to the little listening and he heard it. He heard like a little twelve minutes and he was like, yo, whatever he heard. He needs that album. He needs the Enigma time code machine exactly right in the in the turning papers and this is awesome historical ship. Wait, the Enigma has nothing to do with listen that's from World War Two. Yeah, he's getting the last one they got, like the one that's the last living listener. He's getting that. He's getting the tuning papers of the guy who designed this ship. This is the guy who made the first computer arguably, and the Wu Tang album. He's all three of these ships. And so I told her, I said, yo, you know this album is like, you know, all albums like our babies, you know what I mean, So you got to be treating this thing with the highest respect. And that's when he told me, I'm gonna do all that and when you get all three of these things, he said, he's going to become like a powerful man in the world. Right. I was like, wait, wait, you know what I mean, Bung bung. And I didn't hear about the other things. No, no, And so he does it right, and I kinda I kind of make the make the deal with him. Right then I'm home my wife and ship we chilling. She knows about it and all that. And then he's on the news and she's like, uh, maybe isn't that the guy that's that's uh that you made the deal with the guy disclosure or it wasn't it was also NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're still working out the deal, you know, all the paperwork.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 3: But then he shows on TV as the evil lest Man Alive. He was in medication.
Speaker 1: Okay, so but I'm like, oh, ship boom, but aldi shook hands with him, already made a deal. So so I could you know, your world is your bond, you know what I mean? So you know with it. But I did say this to him. I said, Bro, you got a lot of bash it on you. I would advise that you take this whole album and do something good. I said, maybe just give it to the people. Wow, Like I don't know what to do. I said, it's a chance for you to do good. He smiled at me and doubled down on bad ship. He went, he caught be for ghost faces and everything that great, he went in anyway, Yeah, yeah, but it is. It is on record right now. The album when it was resold, it was resold for over four million. He bought it for two resold it for over four or the government took it. Then they auctioned it all. So it's it's one of those it's like it appreciates like a house or some shit. It's like it gets more and more valuable over time. And it and it didn't make the Guinness World Records as the most expensive single album in the history. You know what I mean? He said to it earlier, he said, give it to the people. Is that an option in the contract that they could actually give it. You could give it.
Speaker 4: You can't sell it, can't sell it. But the government didn't make that contract with you so they could auction it. Well, the government, you know, they know because they got it from him and then they were able to it.
Speaker 1: They can only auction it as a single unit, like a painting. It's almost like an n f T. That's what That's what I thought. I was the first NFT. I was will to say, Yeah, I say that. Yeah, you can say, like the first n f T. It's like, even if somebody's playing you gotta it's only one moment, Lisa yo, right, you know what I mean, And that's that's what it is. I mean, you got people that got the T shirt, but the real more release of that is like this more like what I'm going to Monica on Sunday, Monica. How many people? Because the documentary, right, everybody was mad as your brother and then I got to see brothers kicking at wakec On's weather. Okay, so like that that was the part of the documentary. Obviously, you know, I'm outside of looking in. That was the part like because was known to keep family business in family. This is the first time everybody coming out. It's the first time I've ever seen that. But then I see so for me as a person, that's like like, you know, I got to see that. It's it's love there. Of course, all that Showtime documentary, it looked different, looked at contentious. What's your explanation for that? For the for the way it looks on the documentary. Yeah, okay, we got the Japanese cups from the Japanese look somewhere Japanese try to redeal you got so. One other thing was saki. Okay, if you're drinking heaven sake, which is actually a saki that's polished. The rice was polished fine for this, like it's all about how you polish the ris to get the best fermentation. And then also a French wine master finished this all that's why it's so smooth. But this one you can't pour your own saki. Yes, so I need you to pour miss that's right. Never okay, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Let me take this shot.
Speaker 1: Over that. Yeah yeah, okay, yeah, Bomber, Yeah, I'm sorry if I'm doing all the rule. See like she's like this guy, no, we need to learn, No, we need to learn, you know. So when we have motherfucker Jackie Chan come here together, I turned together, said Yo Rizzard told us motherfuckers exactly I'm sorry, yeah, yeah, so real quick. In the Showtime documentary, it was talking about how some of the brothers was angry with Divine based on business, right, and every artist may have been through this, and you're an artist or you may be able to play to this. So the argument with the with the Vine was saying the ghost face was y'all of coach said, if I make a million dollars, how much you get? Right? I think Divine said, you know, twenty percent, ten twenty maybe ten percent because we kept we kept that modest. Most managers take twenty percent of your money, right, your agent takes ten percent. Right. If you make an m thirty percent is gone right, right, and go say I fucked that. I want my whole ill. So what happens is the artists don't realize that your art definitely creates value. But it's music business, right, and so the business side has to go and what these that. So if an artist is only if a manager's only getting ten percent, you know what I mean, you're getting nine hundred down right. You may want your whole joint. But it's like yo, nah, this is business. And so when you're in that business position in the way you're gonna you look almost you look down upon in a way, right because the artist is thinking, like yo, I signed for a million dollars, where's my million? It's like nah, yo, And to forget what the manager taking with the agent takeing. The lawyers too, the lawyer don't man my man Uncle Sam, and I ain't talking about Sam Jackson. You know they're coming in like right down. So the Vine has always been the business savvy one of us. So when he got out of the system, right, he got a job at the World Trade Center cleaning carpets. But he was reading all that shit, you know what I mean. So, but he was studying all that shit. So he was doing quick books. I'm making beats on my computer. He's doing the counting shit. He's learning and managing shit, you know what I mean. And his deal if you go back and you check, and I'm not just bigging him up because he's my brother. But if you go back and you checked, you know every company besides WU Tank Production, So WHU Tank Production? I started at myself personally took my last ten g's. I had a choice. Let me I say this with you. I had a choice, bro me and Tony had twenty thousand dollars, right, and the plan was to go hook up with my uncle Joe and get a break. I just knew Uncle Joe wasn't good from there thought out what you said.
Speaker 3: It's a way, he say.
Speaker 1: Uncle Joe told my pops that's my post, my brother, my pop's first cousin. So we so we go down and we we we see uncle Joe. But at the same time, I got a seed in the oven. I got nalls of self that's clear now because I'm not smoking a drink, and so my brain waves are super clear. And we down and I'm not a vegan knocked out like seventeen chicken wings that you know what I mean. I'm going there and it's like and we're talking about it. It's like you're boom, we'll get it to North Carolina. I'll get it from North Khaki and bring it to the package eh. But on that trip, Yo, I decided to leave without it. M hmm. Came back to New York empty handed. You had the money, right, and it told Tony like, nah, I'm done. I'm done negative, right, Because every time we did something negative, something went wrong. Somebody got locked up, somebody got shot or you gotta you gotta get your biscuit, and it says negative breeze negative, and the Bible with says for every negative action you do, I give you one in return, he says, but for every positive action you do, I multiplied you by ten. So I was like, yo, I gave ghost his hat, took my half, and I actually told him, I said, yo, bro, love you go on with your life man, because ghosts is so real that the way we was going, he would have jumped in front of the bullet, you know what I mean. And I was like, nah, God, I appreciate everything, but go ahead. I gotta figure something outside. And I just walked. I walked for days and days and days. People thought I was going crazy a little bit, but I was form a lady and I realized what I had to do it. I'm gonna give a shout out to mister James Smith. He's the father of Mel Kwan. Mel Kwan was my first manager. I'm giving him a shout out because I sued to go to his crib and he believed in his son, mel Chwan. So he started a record label called Your Maker Records, and that's where he had a group called the divine force on it. So I boring all of them right from my pink houses. But I always went to his house because I was signed as an artist. I used to fall three hundred dollars for the rent. I stopped scrambling and all that at this time, right, but he always had boxes of records stored in his crib, and I realized that the record company was his house, the Brownstone was the label. So I took my tenzis and went and sat down with him, played a few games of chests, and said, I want to start a company. He said, Yo, you go talk to mister Warren. Mister Warren to help you. I went to talk to mister Bill Warren. We formed the Wu Tang Production. I put the money in the lawyer, put the money in the bank, formed the company, formed contracts, and then took this idea and stepped to my brothers like, Yo, this is what I this is the plan. So before you form the company, you didn't have to fully signed to you No, so you had to go to them and convist them that, yeah, that's I had a former company. And then they're not gonna say convinced my brothers, I would say that advise my brothers gonna go anywhere, whether I caught you or not. Yeah, okay, but let's go together, you know what I mean. So look, by myself at the end of the day, no disrespect to nobody. And I'm a guaranteed gold artist, right, I got gold, Bobby, there's your those gold grave daggers with my Wu Tang brother, I'm multi platinum, right exactly. You know what I mean? So you Yeah, by myself, I'm a but together the community eats. Right. Look how many families eat off of this record tree?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? So I want to share that share that peace with you, because what was the date that you that you made the company? Like around what year? This is probably the company's ninety two, right, And then protecting that comes out. I make the company first, and then after the company, uh started gearing up equipment. When got powered to join me help gear up equipment. Gave him a divine control of management. I told him, nobody takes nobody's publishing. Publishing always stayed with the artists. I read the book, you know what I mean, And yeah, and and and and built it. So the point I was saying by saying that with you is that the idea to do wrong was trump by the idea to do right, and then the idea to do right multiplied my entire family, my entire team, and to this day. Right you think about the Wu Tang series, right, yeah, you know I've taken Now, I got ten new young men actors, some of them is their first gig, right, turning them to millionaires. That's a just to remind DMX on the show, right And DMX So I said something to him, and DMX said, I stopped this in rack rack rappers And I said, oh yeah, watch and he said, because every one rapper can feed sixteen families. So let's think about that. Think about what I experience, right right, right right? You funded a whole, the whole, at least Connecticut. You argue that Wu Tang had its own economy. You created an economy that was Wu Tang. No, that's crazy. So let me tell you a story that's that's funny. Right. I met you one time at the Woo store. I came to an opening, and then I think one time in Mystic studios and that right, But then one time we was in a hip factory studio. This is our fire getting hot. I finally like hot, like I was all one of the times I met you, I was coming up. I'm finally hot. I'm finally hot. Like it's like the NR albums. I'm steping, I pull I pull up. You already in You're already I think you would leave it. I couldn't. I couldn't tell. But it was like fifteen of y'all and I can tell you was zooted out your mind. I look, but this is Missa right. He's like, but I gotta be cool about it. I gotta be cool. But I'm still this is Middler. So you said to me, you said to me. He's like, I made the beat exactly how you wanted it. And I was like, he said, exactly how you told me to do it. I made it and I'm like, world up.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't you.
Speaker 1: I wantn't make it.
Speaker 4: With me.
Speaker 1: But he was like, if you want to hear it, I was like, yeah, I came upstairs. You played me the most amazing BF the fuck I had. Track Master Jones said, Yo, Nord, give me one second, and I went outside to get one second, and it was crazy about that crazy tone introduced me to fifty cent Wow as I turned around. Your man, that's crazy. I got to beat man. That's crazy. You don't remember, you know, yo, that I tell that story all the time because so crazy. You know here back in those days, I just saw the sort of gizzl will always be filming us, right, you know, he was going to let's let's take a shot for that beat. Okay, shot that we never heard of it? Hey, yo, bro, Yeah, I realized this is really good though, by the way, hold on, hold on because now because you know, first I was, you know, I was gonna like it, whether because because you know what I'm saying like that, no matter what I want to believe, No, no, no, no, I was with the program. But this is actually good. No, no, this is this is This is especially if you drinking in the daytime. Bright you could drink this at lunch and still go back to the office because you said, this is an upper exactly. We're not getting socky face here, okay, yeah, we getting like the big back. What's up with the V one? Like I mean, you know what I'm saying, We got die a little bit, you know, to live a little bit. Sometimes you got die a little bit. You see. Great, see great, hairs, great hairs, great hairs, like colonists, Okay, colonists trying to get this you're like a colonists. But you know what, you probably as an artist, right, and your artist suggested, right. But I think, like, I mean, I gotta say this ship. I think like when you're thinking about like our image are look and all that, I don't know, like as an artist you kind of almost like how with responsibility to try to keep your physical physical and everything almost the same if you can, because like that's the that's the that's the image of your that's your commodity. You know what I mean. I mean if you look at this box right here, I mean you got the smile and ship I mean, and it's beautiful. I'm proud of you. Got to send a couple of you're good.
Speaker 3: I told them last time I was res here. I'm trying to get Ris down with the crew.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh goddamn it, So I want to go in the box something for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Acting. One of my favorite roles you did is with uh uh, what's that ship? When Adam Sander's sick and you and the funny people. Funny people, Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Is acting something that attracted you to that world?
Speaker 1: Or is it scoring the movies that bring you there? Yeah? No, I wasn't. I wasn't Like I didn't. I didn't forecast myself being an actor, but I forecasted. You know, being an actor is almost a dream, right kids watching TV? Unattainable. Yeah, yeah, you don't think you're going to be on that silver screen. But what happened, I think for me, unfortunately, was when I was scoring movies, I had a chance. I got this gentleman name usually don't give good she you know what I mean, because he he he, he made a lot of big mistakes in our business and and he's in jail for but you know what I'm talking about that, Yeah, but he he he met me when I was scoring Kill Bill, and he.
Speaker 3: Saw my charisma. Tarantino ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he saw he saw that I had like a magnet is like an actor has to have a madnessys in my thing? And he so then he was doing this movie called De Rail. It was him and his other producer name of Lorenzo, Lorenzo the brother no Dams. I'm a drinking so I can't even say Lorenzo's name, right, so I was just to my brother Lorenzo. Let's say to a shot to Lorenzo. Lorenzo, but do something mate, I Joe and all what the the the vatura? It gets better? Yeah, every every every second Lonzo name Okay, his name is yeah, let me say I said again, Lorenzo d Bonnivataura. Let me say Lorenzo's name right, well, Lorenzo d Bonnivatura. And uh and uh and mister bank Bong was doing the movie and uh he caught my crib.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 1: He's like, Rizzo, I'm doing the movie. You still got a cryb This is this is, this is this is. I sure got a qlip fun You gotta have a qlip phone? What to sound like? Go wow, you can't hit nine one one?
Speaker 3: You like this slow battery radio joints just in case, no, I got I.
Speaker 1: Gotta we keep a hard wire Plus we got an elevator in the crib. And and you got no. The law is you have an elevator in the crib, you gotta have a hard wire phone. Okay, that's a law. That's not why I got the phone. Okay, but but anyway, but he calls the crib and he just says, uhre's do my movie. You have a new career. Now, that's like that. I was like, but I had to go to London. And so I told my wife and said, well, I got to go to London. They want me to do this movie. You know what I'm saying. Bunk bom can say bunk bom. But and so bam I went to London. It was called Derail mh and check this it out. So I do this movie right, in this particular film, this is when you acted me actings and Clive Owens is the is the star and John Carlo Esposito right, and my character is not gonna make it through the movie because you're black. I'm sorry. Okay, Okay, that's a question. I don't know that's rhetorical. It's definitely still a typical this particular film. Okay, okay, right, my character ain't gonna make it well, and I know that I read the script right, but I don't know how movies work. Okay, this is your first one, yes, okay, your film. Okay, So I'm thinking when I get there, everything is linear, like my character, Shit, you're gonna do it ship you filmed back, We're gonna do it ship. You know, you know which way it's gonna go. But on day one they did the shot where they do me dirty, you take it out and they gotta do prosthetics. They put all this metal ship around my head, put explosives. This ship is, this ship is, this ship is traumatizing, all right, you know what I mean? They put the quarter load. Okay, so this is not like this is like this it changes my life, you know what I mean? They want Bob. I mean, first first shot of the day, you know, they prepping me like, yeah, we're gonna do this. And then so so then the movie goes on and I'm exactly they want. But then the movie goes on, right, And then I said to myself, was shit, the character definitely ain't making It's no rewriting of that ship. So I better do something to make the character remembered, rememberable, memorable, right, And so I So there was this dude in my hood that's always whistled every time he came around it. And he whistled so much that even when he returned to the essence at his funeral, one of his son's whistled and the whole everybody just broken. Tears because he just had this whistle, and so I said, I'm gonna whistle every time my characters show up on screen so that when it happens in the movie, the audience gonna fil me, right, So sat it out. So I do that. And when they do the testing, when they put movies out, they test, They test like who you like, who you don't like. So my character test is so high that they gave him another scene and it caused the casting agent to call me for American Gangster. But I went into that director later though. He's the police and the American gangster. Yeah, exactly, you played a good police, Don't give me honest I did. I thought you was the boy.
Speaker 3: I was almost almost called you, like, man, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I did that good right?
Speaker 3: That would chase the most by the.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie, you know. I got nineteen the rest on my sheep. Damn when they when they when they when they pulled it out one day, and I'm not bragging about this. I just saw it hit the floor. This is this is this is this. When I was like nineteen, and the judge was like, yo, bro, you got to go shut down for a minute, no matter what this. This is a petty it's a petty crime right here waiting the floor. But but let me go back to this director real quick. I know you gonna chop this check it out. So now I'm with the director years later, and you know I must have some success in the in that field. I said, Yo, let me ask you this, Why on the very first day did you cure my character?
Speaker 3: Like, why can't you let me get used to the set?
Speaker 1: He said? And he's he's a he's a sweetest guy. He's like Bobby. Actually, I didn't know if you was going to show up for the rest of the movie. You know, rappers, they are volatile ship es. Seriously, they don't come on time. So I knew I needed that shut. Once I got that, I say, whatever he do from here, I could cut around. Oh that's crazy, you know, but that was a stigma for us. You got to think about it. Hip hop comes to Hollywood, the trailers smell yeah. I mean, I'm saying, when I realized that, I made it my business right, because I'm notoriously known for being late, I made it my business not to be I made it my business to start being a reliable entity for all of us so that when they call somebody know that. Yo. No, no, no, no, these days, okay, you know what I mean, they'll show up because a lot of hip hop is when we was coming to the film, we bought out hip hop, so we didn't really have the respective time. Oh it's a different, different anyway, bunk bomb, But goddamn, I want to go and.
Speaker 4: Dive into Grave Diggers copy? Can you can you like what spawned that project? Was it already something in your mind in the Wu Tang beginnings?
Speaker 1: No, the Grave Diggers is a brainchild of Prince Paul. Okay, so the Grave Diggers Trince Paul super producers. Hold on, let's let's let's toast Prince Paul. Look, genus, I don't think you get enough. You know, we need him on drinks here? Yeah, because because what's Grave Diggers. I'm sorry, I'm I'm rushing the question. But what's Grave Higgers considered the first horror rap considered? Yeah? Okay, yeah, okay, were you considering it that? Like hardcore? Was it a thing to you guys doing that? No? I think like, we don't name my ship. We didn't even name hip hop. Hippo media media media called the horror core. We don't name it, you know that, but it was it was his brain child. He worked on Tommy Boy. He had a lot of success and things like that. But I met Prince Paul when I was doing Prince Raking The High Hats, my first single was done by Prince Paul. I never used to use high hats. Even if some of the wou you'll go with this dude didn't pick the high hats set right, Paul was like, no, you need high hass. You know what I mean? They keep the time. But he thought about it, and he said four of his favorite them or three of his favorite them seeds was fu quan for stuff to sonic right, Prince rock King, who didn't make it at the time, and too poetic from too poetic right, he thought he thought as lyricists that he just loved us as that. And so this is before Wu Tang. I'm working on Wu Tang, my own business, my own company, all that. I'm doing that, but I'm going to Long Island three times a week to Prince Paul's house. It's parallel. I don't even know. I don't know what's going to happen, but I know that Prince Paul is Prince Paul I admired him. I think Prince Paul, out of all producers and all reality, he's the He's the father of the hip hop skit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, seriously, his albums are crazy.
Speaker 1: So even though we did our skits would come through movies and Wu Tanger is known for their skits. Doctor Dre is known for his skits. Prince seriously, he d albums, those Daylight albums, yeah and all that. I forgot that those albums so the ass were they were journeys within themselves. So anyway, so he thought of bringing us together. Now far as of being grave biggas, that wasn't what it's going to be. He don't. He don't know what we're going to create it. But at the end, but at that time, I was in a revery dark space, right, So if you go back into that hip hop, I created the fangs, all right, but the fans came from a dream, all right. When I was young, nine ten years old, nigga, the vampires kidnapped me care They threw me in the bag and they carried me and the dude had a crazy dog with him to His dog was Silver. That'sing a silver dog, right, and he was vicious. Yoall with a vampire. With a vampire, I like the vampire women, you know what I mean? Because might like vampire women, but you know, and they threw me in the they threw me to the women. And then when I became a vampire, I had metal teeth and so and so now I'm doing this and like, I got it. I'm gonna bring that shit to reality, you know what I mean? And so I told the jeel to make the fangs were going grave diggers. You're going a resurrector, so me Paul fu Quan and poetic. You know, we we brainstormed on it and we thought about what it's gonna be. We said, yo, the grave diggers. But the grave diggers had another con context. It was like, why be a grave digger? Well a calling to According to Malcolm X, he said, our people are mentally dead. So if our people are mentally dead, that means we got to dig them back up and bring them to life. So that's why you see the pic the sickle and the shovel. The sickle cuts the grass, the pick breaks the wood, and the shovel digs them up. You got the grim Reaper, the Gatekeeper, the Undertaker, and me, I bring it back. I bring you back to life. The Resurrector brings it back to life.
Speaker 4: You want to say, just to reiterate, I think it was dope, is that it was parallel to Wu Tank. It wasn't like, uh, Prince Paul came in and said, oh, because of.
Speaker 3: Wu Tang, let's do No, it was parallel. It worked out.
Speaker 1: It looked like from the outside looking at it looked like Grave Diggers came after and even that second album when we did Wu Tang Forever, we had the whole studio complex American Studio and in California. Yea, yeah, yeah, so we so no, we had We did both holburs at the same time. This album and Wu Tank Forever is done at the exact same time. Every I got everybody living at the oak Woods and okay, yeah, yeah, yea yeah. So we got twenty thirty apartments in the oak Woods, Grave Diggers flying and tire Woo flying, sons and man flying, and we just kill up priest flies and were just in the studio just making music, making music, and then Mutank Forever becomes the album and the Grave Diggers be coming down, and to.
Speaker 4: Be fair, Prince Poel was already a legend too, Yeah, super legend. Yeah yeah, yeah U.
Speaker 1: Kwan made that. Then they's nothing like hip hop. Yeah, so we want you to know. Our show is about giving people their flowers where they could smell them, they thought, so, where they could tell them, they think, where they can ding them, and they drinks while they can drink them. Yeah yeah, that Snoop Snoop said is better than Grammy because it comes from your people.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, right, So.
Speaker 1: I take this. Yeah, that's the point of them. Let me say this real quick, and we're not doing that. We're not done. Early earlier we got another bomber. Let's go, let's go. I do want to say this out loud now. You know, I'm proud of you, Yes, proud of what you're doing. See, hip hop gave us a voice, and for a moment, we thought that voice was limited to the beat into the ROMs you're showing improving and some other brother but you really kind of pining it in a certain way. Yes, that's right. That that that that that the voice and the magnetism doesn't have to be with the beat in the club. You know, just us, just hearing you talk us, hearing you talk to us, us, hearing you talk to the to the audience. It's a magnetism which you already had when you was doing, but now it's just and for for us, you know, sitting back and watching, it's like, Wow, the guard just went and made foot crunch to a new path, and many many people doing and many people following my footsteps. You know, they called me the Clarence X a motherfucker mother. But let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that. Let's talk about that real quick.
Speaker 1: Because the other day, uh, well not the other day, but like you know, like last month, you know, I'm going through New York City and what I saw was I don't want to say heartbreaking, but it was it was I don't want to say disappointing neither. It was different for me, right like going through a hood that I don't know and hearing people say saying, Yo, what up, cuz, what up? What up? What up?
Speaker 3: Blood?
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, I ain't never used to hear that before a days here. You know what's crazy. Even if a person came up to you wanting war, you know what, the first word they's to say to you peace like like you can actually use the word piece in a negative way back then, but peace. And you're like, oh man, you know what I mean. But when And I want you to answer this, when did the gods take the back seat and negativity take the front seat. I don't know if I have that answer right right, because I don't think negative ever really takes the front seat. I don't think you know what I worded that wrong? You're correct, so so yeah, and I don't think God never takes the vaccie. But I'll say that you're saying, like when has that? When was the presence of that energy right not present? And now you got this other energy present?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Like for is this not to be long winning? But let me just say, like when I used to go to Harlem, it was a thing I wanted to stop it in law schooling back like like I wanted to I want to go get some I wonder would get some oiels like I don't even see the instant man out there no more, like you know what I'm saying, so like I don't even know if a law of school with Mecca is still there, like they're still there, Okay, Okay, it's still there. Well, I'll say this like I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I think no.
Speaker 3: A couple of things happened in New York, you know.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, I think it was when Juliani he made everything get off the streets. Remember that he made everybody go inside the building and pay and pay rent right right right, and and so that took away the street culture for a moment. The gentrification of that probably really put a big because you can walk in New York and you can find rare books like the iis paper, right, you know what I mean. They came by the call. They came before Columbus, the final call, you know what I mean. So now you can't find that, you know what I mean. So but also it's like the you know, the brothers also went out too, to the world, right, So it's almost like, you know a lot of a lot of brothers went. You go to DC, you go to Minnesota, you go to different places. You see that brothers have kind of spread out, I mean atl But in our day, all that energy was concentrated, you know what I mean. And then the magnetism of it has changed because of what magnetized the people. Now, people who are more magnetized by money. Right, So the mathematics teaches us about the twelve jewels right, knowledge, wisdom, understanding, freedom, justice and equality, food, clothing and shelter, love, piece and happiness. But most people right now, their concerns is food, clothing, and shelter. The other jewels almost irrelevant. And then for our community, the only way to get food, clothing and shelter is with money. Then the only way to get money in our community is that which we see is shining with money, which is our artists, our ball players, you know what I mean, the talent like we don't know that that, or we don't see the doctor live next door to the ball player. We don't know that, you know what I mean. So our image of what we think that attracts us and could get us those three major jewels is the artist point of view. And then the artist point of view have changed. So in our day, it's rock Kim's cars, one Big Daddy Kane, right, or it's Woutang it's nots right, you know what I mean? You know is that? And then it becomes more and more people that don't have this knowledge of self right, right, and and yet they're getting richer and richer. So the young mind is like, yo, why why would I like, why would I study when all I could do is do this and get it? And so the so the magnetism have changed, and then the brothers themselves. It's almost like, I think men get scared to talk to young men. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. And I don't think that's that's that's unhealthy for us. Yeah, you know, I think. And then you know, like, look, let me keep it raw for a moment. You can censor me if you need. You know, we at that age right in our power ciphers, right when I mean by power sycles, Yeah, most of us who are there, right, power is the truth, right, It's a magnetic attraction. Right, he's fifty years old. I just turned congratulations. Can you remember that? Can you remember that? As of course that threshold? Let me let me get your flowers to man, I was like, no, good, no, okay, I'm saying, you know, it's like, okay, so everybody got podcasts, everybody's talking, but most of us are talking about glory days. Most of us are talking about the darkness of it. And I unders ain't talking about the light. There's nobody sitting there saying like, yo, when I first read Message to the Black Man, or when I first read The Circle Seven, when I first read Malcolm X right, or or or any great books. You know James Allen as a man thinker. You know what I mean, The Art of War sun Zoo. You know what I mean, The Book of Changes to Each Ching, Right, nobody's talking that, right. We're we all trying to prove who's the most gangster. So we are trying to prove who's the most gangster whatever our children want to be trying to do, prove who the most gangster so and so so, so that has to change. We got to be listen, bro.
Speaker 3: Gangster.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Malcolm X okay, walking talking that talk at the time when you couldn't talk it, traveling, pulling up to your city to teach you how to be better and and to teach you the power of a black man, and to teach you the the the revelation that the system is actually being plotted against you. And the system is like what you're saying, you know, Doctor King Marching turned another tee hit with fire holes and dogs, knowing they were going to go into that noo. They walked into it. They knew it. Yeah, so so that that part of us. And ain't just saying I don't want to make this. It's not even a black thing. I'm just saying an American thing. The American Revolution itself, bro, was people saying, yo, son, I can't pay taxation with our representation, sir. You know they was. Let me just give you that jewel. Imagine this, bro, in the in the old America, if you made some nice cotton shirts in America, you had to ship them to London and then London package them and sip them back and sell them to you. If you live next door to me in the old America before the revolution, you can live next door and I could write you a letter and mail it to you.
Speaker 3: It will go to London first. Oh, because London had control.
Speaker 1: To get back you say in London, I'm thinking London When you say you mean, you mean, I'm thinking like London. Okay, I get it, I get it. No, but think about that, right, so so so people were brave enough to be vote against that. It was to we vote against taxation without representation, to we vote against tyranny, you know what I mean. And so triviny manifests itself in many forms, and people weren't food and diluted to accept it. And so then we go back to this is not going into the hip hop culture. It's like yo, of course it should be fun and it should be ruggedness, you know what I mean. We came with ruggedness, we know what we did, but still it should be substance, right, you know what I mean. And until the substance come back, you're going to definitely be dealing with, you know, the eighty five mentality and what I mean about the eighty five mentality. So the eighty five they say people who are easily let in the wrong direction and hard to be let in the right direction, you know what I mean. They're also poisoned animal eaters, it says, people who don't even know their true origin in the world. They don't know their own power. I think about you know, someone who this thing about a community, you know who gets up and everybody got to dollar and they take it out of the community instead of keeping it in the community and rotating and recycling it. So those times it's changed. But I'm optimistic, but not pessimistic. And knowledge is not what they call it. Intelligence is always relevant because people are like, oh, you ain't relevant no more. Listen, bro, intelligence is always relevant. And anybody who gets too far away from that, all he's going to do is get up to a certain height and he's going to distill back. Right. So water never ridses above six miles from the Earth's surface, right, because.
Speaker 3: It can't get heavier than gravitation.
Speaker 1: He said, So when the water rides up there, and you could put that to a person, he's rising up and he's having these attracting powers, and he's getting up and then he gets up and now all of a sudden, boom, he's gonna come back down a m for hell, right, hopefully snow because the snow was light, pure and fluffy, you know what I mean. But this is the same thing in the personality of the people, the same thing in the celebrity I watched some of us, Like I'll use myself as an example. It's like when I became like the number one, Like it was like number one, you know what I mean. I call it a complex. You know what I mean. It's a high, it's a drug. It's like I'm number one nigga and can't tell me ship yo, He couldn't tell me nothing serious. I was with Quincy Jones and wasn't even listening to him. You was with Chrissy. I'm number one, you know what I mean? Knowing no, But even when Tyson was number one, he was I'm the best in the world. I'm I'm a Zodie at cancer. So maybe no, it's but it's an ego thing that kicks. I know you felt it, and so now all of a sudden, do you believe you? Believe you it? You would have chosenhim, you know what I mean, And everything you do is right, But it ain't I'm saying in the law. You know, he's merciful and if and if you're meant for his grace, he'll smack you with something. He threw Jonah in the belly of the well and sit down and think, homie, you know what I mean. He had to sit there and meditate for a moment, you know what I mean, and then realize, oh, I better do what I'm ordained to do, not do what my ego is leading me to. You know, I talk about Jonah a lot to my buddies and ship right, because not Jodah hell no, now Jonah hell Jonah in the water on you and they say that tak it. Imagine this though this don't imagine this and this is not the funny part. Drank champs.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Imagine you on a boat partying with homies. A storm is coming and you kind of the new guy there, and they go, yo, we've been kind of cool before this. This guy is something might be him, and they take you and throw you off the boat. That's what happened to him. Wow, he goes in the water. According to the story, right, whether it's myth or magic whatever, but let's just take the story. He gets swallowed up by the well. Now, imagine you inside a well. He closed his mouth, and two hours later, you're still there. Now two hours you in there like, oh shit, what the fuck? You ain't dead though, this is my life, right, you ain't dead, but you trust me. You're thinking you're gonna be dead any minute now. But now it's four hours. Now, it's six hours. You ain't dead. But now it's twelve hours. Now, it's twenty four hours. Nigga, you fall asleep, nigga, Now you wake up, you're still there. Now you're hungry. Right now, you gotta smell it, you gotta feel the flesh. You gotta it's dark now twelve hours later. You don't know what time you lost time now you don't want to sleep right now, you don't know. But there's another twenty four. Still ain't getting nowhere, Still ain't eating, You don't piss, you don't took a shit. Listen, is deep? You like this, but you're alive. And then on that seventy second hour, the Mercy Issue and he opens up the spitch. The fucking man Jonah went right to his job. Boy, you know what I mean? This is a life will humble you. Yeah, and that's a blessing. You know that happened to me in a different way, you know what I mean? When I thought I was the greatest and at the top, you know what I mean, something happened in my life.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Always in all my shot that's with your audience. It's like my mom's passed away. In the year two thousand, while I was at the photo shoot for the cover of the Sauce and the cover says where the Wu Tang Empire Rise again, And we had some preme clientele. So I was like, yeah, definitely about to fuck these motherfucker's up. This album is is it. This is a five micer, you know what I mean. But yet, Bama Lama, you see what I mean. So and what that do for you is like okay, you realize, okay, your calling is more serious than the art. But be an artist, right, be an artist, That's what I am. But make sure you stay in tuned. So I took the time from that point, I visited many temples around the world. You know what I mean. I went to Shiling Temple, Wu Tang Temple. Me and my wife did. We went on church. We go to churches, bro all types of churches. Went to Mecca, went to the mosque, went to the Blue Mosque, Abu Da. He went to pyramids of Egypt, all these spiritual things. Right. So that so me as an artist, when you do get something from the riza, you're gonna get that, You're gonna get this element of like, Okay, it won't be just without cause, without bloods. It will be peace God because God is a Greek word that means wisdom, strength, and beauty. And it's just three attributes of a law. It's not the whole ninety nine. It's just three attributes. But yet when we look at each other, we should see that wisdom. We should see that strength, We should see that beauty. We should see that and you should try to radiate that. You should try to You know, if you don't got if you got strength, gains some wisdom, you don't be a strong, dumb motherfucker. If you got wisdom and strength gains some beauty, don't be a strong, smart, funky motherfucker. So these things you know are important. Bump bump, God, damn, let's take a shot for that. Well, tell about quick time with slime works. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: This is our drinking game. We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one, we don't drink if you say both are neither. So basically, you don't really want to answer it. I want to be politically correct. Then we all drink.
Speaker 3: But really, the two the two choices we give you is not about this and anybody.
Speaker 4: Really, we just want to bring up conversations about the people we're mentioned here.
Speaker 1: All good, cool, going to the second bottle? Yeah, oh, this is done.
Speaker 4: Lead that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna leave that for the brothers way here, okay, cool, cool, this is long, y'all, y'all went in ready.
Speaker 3: I'm always tupoker d m X in which way?
Speaker 4: If this is okay, So everybody asked that question, this is whatever criteria in your mind.
Speaker 3: It could be you were closer with one person.
Speaker 4: One person make better spaghetti, one person was a better rapper, better producer, whatever whatever in your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, well, I'm gonna break the rules of your game, and I'm gonna drink when I drink. And but you mentioned Tupac and d m X, right, but actually mentioned two of the most spiritually and tuned artists of hip hop prolific. Yeah right, I'm serious. I mean they weren't toned spirit a little bit more, you know what I mean? So okay, they don't seem like I just know they both had that had that spiritual energy that just exuded out of them, you know what I mean? So both Okay, Okay, played the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta take the shot I took.
Speaker 1: I took my shot. Jamie is gonna be running around next Okay, Yeah, Nasa or Jiz in which way? Just the way? No, that both very powerful brothers. Right, But look for the MC, and my favorite best MC is the Juster. Okay, I don't think no MC could beat the just I think with have written for hip hop. No other MC compare. Even if you go to rock Kim, who is one of the greatest, right and most people, he is the greatest, and NAS is most people is the greatest, right. Right. If I go back and I look at what offered to hip hop, right, and then look at what US spawned right, Us spawned me right, dirty meth ray ghosts, these are all from us, is the enlightener, and you go get all your top MC's. I'm saying this with a little EGO on my back, for ego won't get he won't leave Naje what what the war? All pholytically right is Actually no one has mastered yet, you know what I mean? Now outside the world with NAS did is this to me? Nas is to me? This is my own only analogy. I call NAS a Bobby Fisher of MC's because Bobby Fisher was the youngest MC to the youngest chess master to master. He became a grand master at the youngest age. There's a few that beat him over the years, but he was the first one at that age to be and NAS was a master at the age of sixteen seventeen, where most of us because you met us we was already in our twenties, but he was at the age of seventeen eighteen dope at somebody that was twenty five thirty true and you know, serious due he was a he's a he's a prodigy child of MC in you know what I mean. But the just is already there by the time we meet, he's already writing ideas. You know, that's just one day.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm our challenge hip hop to do this. Get every MC lyrics and put them in a book and then measure it that way and see what you gain from it. Right if some make you smile, laugh or teach you game like you know, some rappers they give you the game, you don't even teach you how to hustle. You know what I'm saying. The Rule's gonna teach you how to love and all reality. And you saw going through some of these lyrics. Bro. First of all, the quantum science, the dude that built the Internet motem, you know, the Internet motive is No, you don't have you know what, Let you go the box. Listen, listen to the thirty six A talk about that. I'm saying that hit his brain cells opened. So that's what we do we open up your brain cells? We cause that. See, when you burn wood, you get fueled. You brain burn brain cells, you get thoughts. You put the right kind of wood, you get better fuel. Let's smoke. You put the right type of thoughts and energy, you get better ideas. You know what I mean. So, so Judah said in one of his lyrics, uh, something about via satellite from the Woo mansion, looking at all the branches that came from his tree. He wasn't talking about just the Woo. We were just talking about all the MC's that the Woo inspired. Now, right, And I'm gonna say last thing about the Jist because I'm so he's my enlighten up. So what is for hip hop? And he won't never say it because he never comes out. He's pretty humble, and we need him on drinks. He's the one last member of After You. Okay, he drinks. But what he is for hip hop? He's actually the bridge. So when hip hop started in South Bronx, right, some would say nineteen seventy three, right, right, there's a project called Soundview Projects. Right, he's his cousin lives there. He's learning it from there. Wow. But he's the he's the thirteen year old. He bought hip hop to me in nineteen seventy six. I was bought in seventy seven. Okay, he took me to the Bronx, to the Jams, right, but we the kids, though. I got my ass whipped from staying out again on the train here. Okay, okay, check it out bus bus note from the shallon bus boat train. Jesus seriously. So I got to talk about that because because hip hop got all this great godfathers and pillars, right, and and it may sound egotistic to say that, but Wu Tang became one of those pillars. And that's because we have not the founding forefathers. We have the first generation from them who was amongst them as as as a spectator. So maybe only then it was only at best. I wouldn't even say one hundred mcs, right, you said it gets diluted after that? Yeah, right, you know what I'm saying. When I learned how to MC, it wasn't five hundred of us, you know. But anyway, keep going, Okay, so he pictures, Yeah, okay, bum bomb.
Speaker 4: I don't got to drink then, okay, you don't have to drink cool fourth disciple or true Master as producers as whatever.
Speaker 3: These questions are made by these guys.
Speaker 1: Just I'm saying, well, no, no, true master, the fourth is the disciples, the true masters, a master. He was already a master before Fourth became in the slight. But Fourth is dope though, but true mass the Uh yeah, if I was a pitt the measure, if I was to measure them from my camp of who was the wh who laid it the illess, they had true mass, you know what I mean? He has, He has the proof of it is he has more songs on the Wu Tang album than Fourth. But Fourth was young young man and he was special, special young man, and he did his thing for us. Yeah.
Speaker 4: DJ muggs are large, large pro and which way I guess it could be whatever, but playing waves on it because.
Speaker 1: Like yo, that's my mass. Like yo, he made me ill macaroniy one day. No, no, no, both my man, I mean mugs. First of all, lost professor. Once again, we don't talk enough about lost professor. That's another one that want to die. His heir neither he don't want to die. Yeah, man, we're showing you how to gratefully exactly, beautiful bro but let me talk about them. I mean, Muggs is Mugs, right, and you know so much to the culture, Soul Assassin, you know, but you know, Lost Professor there's the pioneer. Yes, Like so it's like I'm sure that I'm sure that.
Speaker 3: That would probably exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that Lost Professor inspired Mugs. Muggs inspired Lost Professor. That's a good way to look at this ship the time. Yeah, so, and I would say that, but I just want to say that that that he needs we need more light on him because he's like, uh, he's like one of those Red Bentley's, Like you know what I mean, Like you know some people got a Bentley like you see that other he's a vintage car bro he's Lost Professor, you know what I mean. I don't and I don't spend a lot of time spend I didn't even get five days in life with him, you know what I mean. When I see him, I just automatically have a reverence for him.
Speaker 3: And probably one of the first producer slash ms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and with with his lyrics.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't like them sne part was was not as good as the producing Like he was just good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So sounding like you pick it laws from. Yeah, okay, Hice, we don't got a drink we can make. So this is a two part question. This is a two part question. All right.
Speaker 3: The question is Ellmatic are ready to die?
Speaker 1: Right right? But I also want you to address this lifetime rumor that there was a rumor that Meth got on the record were big, and that you did not want that to happen. You did not want so, so first the first madic or ready to die? First, I'm going emadic. Okay, all right, we got yes, let's talk this rumor rumor. Okay, no, No, I don't want on nobody beats wasn't the beast. It was just it was just like it was our time, and it was just like I didn't want nobody else sharing that in that moment, you know what I mean. But I will super But Tracy Rapus, first of all, an os just another unsung hero of hip hop probably you know she she pitched that idea, you know what I mean? And and and yeah, I said, yes, she pitched the idea. She pitched the idea of of of Meth and Biggie doing the song together. And she was already smart, like she's she's the one that changes. Let me see what she did, bro Seriously, she came to stand alan to my apartment that had the records in the box. Okay who the album was not out? Only protect your neckers out wow okay? And I played her the demos of Method Man Dirty and I had a couple of demos that of songs. She didn't pick me from the demo they wanted, Yeah, get she wanted Meth and Dirty. They wanted both of them.
Speaker 3: For a BIGS album.
Speaker 1: No, no, listen, listen, this is to sign the Depth Jam they jam. Oh so so she so I ended up signing myth the Depth Jam through her. By the end of the day, her that that n R pen that signature, who took us to Wissell Simmons and all that, that was a big moment for us. So and her her vibe and and uh paper on the post of culture was was undeniable. And so when she said it, of course the biggie, Yeah, she said Biggie and Meth. Of course I disagreed because I was very I wanted nobody fucking with the woo was this woo? But but I trusted her. I believe they trust her and I trust her, her her whole cultural posts, and she was right. So so let me ask you, was that the first feature who did outside of wolves that like, like you know what meth was, Meth was hopping featury me was the early feature So he did because no, because Meth is that type of MC right, Meth love it. Look, he loved rappings. To this day, he's gotten better.
Speaker 4: I'm not I think he's gotten better listen, but I feel like he's he's gotten better.
Speaker 1: He was always dope, right, he's great, Right, He's he's at a level and nobody's talking about him in that degree. Nobody, nobody niggas talking about.
Speaker 7: What they didn't take those lists and like they like, it's ridiculous with his wits and his liverical ability.
Speaker 1: Right now, Yo, it's like it's almost uncanny.
Speaker 4: It's like he went backwards in terms of like being the youthful Meth again, like he's just.
Speaker 1: Gonna hold other chamber. He's free to just fuck you up on the mic. But anyway, I'm glad that they did it right, and I'm glad that I was proving along on that one. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but but I was super duper fuck that, right, I mean, I mean.
Speaker 1: In retrospect, I believe you're right, But I believe in that situation you were supposed to let it go because that did you know, by the way, when biggest actions for this feature, what level of big is he? He is he already Biggie Smalls or he's he's becoming that guy he's coming at coming. That would be the first that No. Look, he had. I mean, first of all, he had party and party, which is already it's fun. He's bubbling and ship. But this is his album right right, and this is going to be on his album. But but we're already we're the man already, you know what I mean. He's going to be the man though he's about to drop the medical megaton bombs, you know what I mean. But we don't know that, right, but we just I was just really selfish about it. Somebody told me to do that too, somebody clear, No, somebody told me to be selfish. It was Daddy or from stept to Sonic. He came to me one day, ran into him. He said, Yo, God, y'all killing it. The wood is just and this everything. Say, y'all gonna tell you something. Don't let no other producers producer mcs I said, why, I said, don't worry about that, don't do it. Don't understand mo size too. Like I'm like, I think, I'm like, you know why he might. I think he's I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Go with his many ms and like that's too crazy.
Speaker 1: If you take a look at it. Right.
Speaker 3: Of course, over time you did keep it the beginning, you know, we did.
Speaker 1: We did. Listen who did seven platinum back to back as a producer single Wu Tang goes platinum, multiple platforms, method Man double Plat, Gray Kwan Platt, dirt Plat, a Platt, ghost Plat, then another rule multiplats, back to back, protective. It wasn't it wasn't Jesus.
Speaker 3: They come with Kappa go gold, right, he come home go gold.
Speaker 1: Then come back plat again. Not the so so keep and that was that was you know, from one leadership. So that was good. Right. So anyway, anyway, let me get off me. This is this is I say, that's that's that's, that's that's. I didn't when I looked at it one day, I said, damn son, but y'all I never left the basement. I'm serious because I want to get back to that.
Speaker 3: But before we leave this question, I want to ask one more question.
Speaker 1: Okay, you clear this record because you had to clear this right, you had to clear math right, So you clear this record. Then the very next album you guys drop it's Ghosts and Ray actually going at Biggie like, what was your mindset saying, wait a minute, did I did not make a mistake or how was you feeling? Period?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Well, but first of all, Big is my man, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like you knows in peace, rest and peace? You know, like like Big is my man, rest in peace? And was my man? Like he was happy for me. I was happy for him. We seen each other not on we seen each other on right. So that's how New York was back then, you know what I mean? When he got on though, every time you see me, he saw me hit me with a bottle of champagne. That's the kind of man he was, which is only a punch does that? You know what I mean? But as he becomes more and more than man and all the mcs. My crew is a crew of em seeds. We and my crew is is vicious at this time, and now he get enlightened, and so it's like Yo, du was ready to eat that, you know what I mean. That's the energy of m seeing right. That's why every time you see a nigga want pop pass a bottle, I'm like, Yo, that's he blessing me.
Speaker 3: Don't get mad because he passing me a bottle.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's not fun all that right because we was vy also at that one point, is like he'th the abbot to ourselves. It's another thing we was. We was it was it was like no, it was us and nobody and that was our energy. That was It took a long time for us to get out of that energy, you know what I mean. So you know when they said it, it's like they're gonna. I don't We can't sensor what they want, what they feel, because it had to be something because if you think about what they actually said, they was like they nigga bit non ship like this actually had nothing to do with them. If you think, but you've been another man and hip hop had one rule. Yes, it's true, still rules. Yeah, the rules still stand. It's just still standing. But you know, biting is is like it was just it was just the forbidding feud of hip hop. You know what I mean and and and when you hip hop and you kind of you know one thing about hip hop, knowing that people don't remember you couldn't just wear your cago. Kid. The dude who had the cano had more than the cago wng. But you know what I mean, he had he had a spect, you know what I mean. He was able to walk through that with that can go and get back, you know what I mean, whether they're on the ferry bus train, you know what I mean. So we we we those kids that we came from Staten Island to lie in quarters I mean Red Part, you know what I mean, Union Square. It's like we're in there, you know what I mean. And then there you can't be in there. It's not easy to be there and not be from Brooklyn, right, you know what I mean, not be from Queens, you know what I mean, if you're from Queens. It's like back in those days, the rapper, the rapper. Why do you think rappers have bodyguards? They couldn't even come in like that. So hip hop had this this this heavy culture of being strong, pier and they had a heavy culture of not biting now you know, but you know, I guess that's how the brothers felt like he bet and we and they interviewed Ray and Ghosts right here. They spoke up on it. What they say about it there was they were like that's how they felt at the time, but they regretted it, you know because they said Ghosts actually because I believe we had way con talk about it. It was the first time we had ghosts talk about and ghost was like, you know, he made peace with him, like he had got to see it. That was good, you know what I mean, Oh that's good. No, No, after the piece came before that internally, okay, right, the vine in power right, they already was like, nah, remember I produced on BIG's album? Was right? Because no, yo, they was they like they they was. They didn't appreciate it. We we we we squashed that though, because it was like like like they was like, yo, I play that cumulation all the time. So it was like, but hip hop is that. And I'm glad that because because you know, we don't talk about ship because uses just to keep moving. But I'm glad that Ghosts had a chance. So if he deemed that with him, Big was a special, special special dude. We all know that, but some of us didn't get a chance to shake his hand, laugh with him, you know what I mean, be up in the studio with him, and none of that. So they don't so they wouldn't know what they don't know. He he was like a prince like you know what I mean, like a like like a very rare you know what I mean. Then when they when you go, like you said, illmatic and ready to die, I'm saying for me, lyrically illmatic. It's the masterpiece of lyrical talent. But of course ready to Die gave us some of the best songs that pop ever's going to get, right, bring us back.
Speaker 3: To that skit era you was talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Prince Paul. So anyway, ys move on, look at let's go. How am I doing over here? Mama? Yeah, stap your feet through times like zone out to pieces or Brooklyn and which way the way you are saying both because both dank right. I was just trying get you to drink, that's all.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you something. We're here to celebrate you tonight.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 1: I know you're a humble brother, but Lipsen, we're here to celebrate you. You are arguably one of the smartest people in hip hop, one of the people who invented the lane that has never been duplicated and will never be duplicated. And I want you to know how much we appreciate you here. So we're gonna all night. We are here, we are residents. I mean, look, his eyes is getting shy, so he don't remember this. You do remember this? You don't remember when we was in France. Yes, you had that, I had what happened to it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We're gonna y'all? Yes, And that night I told you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did you I kind of I kind of you tilted that you didn't gonna You know what, Let me be honest with you. It doesn't taste like like it creeps up one.
Speaker 3: It don't take it was dangerous. Are you drinking with the support?
Speaker 1: With the support?
Speaker 4: Which I think I like that. I like that's a that's a that's a nice bearing. I mean, well, Japanese being and sake they just go great together.
Speaker 1: Yes, themature, but you got another bottle of that's the last? Yes, No, we got one more good good. The temperature is getting right, okay, okay to feel good, so I'm gonna move on. Okay, you said both right, yep, all right, cool, I'm gonna keep it going. He went to the bath. Okay, you said something about hold on hot sake. You said you only drank hot sock No. I used to only drink hot socky because I thought it with cold beer. I thought that goes together. Wow, I don't know. Well, hot sake is usually bad socky. So so you make it hot just to kind of like to get rid of it. You would never heat does something? This is you know what's crazy. I've never drank hot saki wolf Japanese people. Only drink it with my white friends. Okay, so is that bad? It's no, no, no, no, no that man, you've been no no, no no. Hot saki is usually going to be a lower grade. Right. So this is here right here, and you'll see right this is a jumai okay, right, So the jumai is a special way they make it. So so that's like a gave like in tequila. Like there's different thing. Yeah, exactly, it's like a Nate hole okay, okay, and blanc hole.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: So even know this is not stuffed in the barrel. Okay, The point being made is that you will never heat this up, okay, you know, I mean that would be like destroying if you have some saki, like you know, some fot out of saki okay and you just kind of going to the hibachi spot and they.
Speaker 5: Be like, yeah, yeah, you know, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 9: I swear to go.
Speaker 1: I thought I knew every drink etiquette in the world. Just fucked me up just now, because that's what who I spoke to today, Diego. I used to always drink hot sock, right, so I didn't know. I didn't know that that's that's the.
Speaker 3: Cheap ship because if you ask them to heat this up, they ain't gonna heat.
Speaker 1: It up for you. They're gonna be like no, no, no, no, I mean yeah, are They're gonna charge you price of what they costs heat it up, and you're gonna lose what you paid for. Right, Because I used to drink Japanese whiskey, right and jamming Yamazaki eighteen, ordered Yamazaki eighteen, and you order it with the ice, they won't give it to you, right, They were like no, right, Like you go to wiki with ice, right, You're not that, You're not that, not that. So maybe you put one drop of water in it though, just so some some people, the ice is only to open up, the open up, the open up the flavor of it, right, whiskey. Yeah, but most of you ever you ever went to a whiskey convention? No, yo, dude, anybody want to a tasting where they taught us that everybody at the convention they have an eye dropper, okay, and they go they just put one drop of water first and then because it opens it up. Remember this nake has been distilled and it's inside of a bow. So a little bit of hydrogen oxygen looses those atoms up, you know what I mean. So that's why you get the big solid rock that don't melt.
Speaker 3: That's the reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, all right, could the drink just good? All right? I do a curve w after after what Ready to die?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Buck Wilder diamond D in which way, we don't know what you are.
Speaker 1: So I don't know those brothers right personally, I spect them, but I can't say I know them, man. But I would say that diamond D once again just offers so much to the culture. He he he bought in another chamber that that was that was needed, you know, I mean, are they both in the the I T I believe both the I T C. But it's like and and and it's just the when Diamond had like he's like the gristle on the chicken.
Speaker 3: Another rapper producer had, the ROMs.
Speaker 1: Had the flow. It's like, it's like, what's the other dudes, we don't talk about enough. We don't talk about foul monk or not nose piece we go up, yeah, we go piece, We wait and but yeah, so I'm gonna go diamond d on that and let them fight that out. Okay, wrapping up that just just in just in the chambers, like like like the full the full package. Would you like better wrapper or produce it me? Yeah? Yeah, oh what you mean? I mean?
Speaker 3: This is this is question that's both both. I'm not bullshing. This gets better as you go. Way you stand up, and they don't try to take a beat, you know what I'm saying. Once you stand up, I know it's a different life.
Speaker 1: You check this out, right, So a lot of people know me for my beats, and a lot of the look a lot of the industry, you know, it was it was inspired by my beats. You a ready, right, and all phrases do that. Im able to add inspiration to anything. But they overlooked me as an MC. You know what I mean. But and it's my lyrics. If they were to pay more attention to my lyrics, the kids would be better, But the kids wouldn't be on the route there on. I don't write for myself, yo. I write scriptures so that you could hear the chill with the feedback. We don't need that, right, ten o'clock, where's your see that right? See that right? Because women run around chasing shit? But where's your kids at? Baby feeling Matt Hostel wearing at all postile? That was a style back then, flowing like Christ. When I speak to God, I'm bringing gospel, bro, you know what I mean. So it's like my mission was to instill inspiration like I wanted to be. I'm lyrically, I'm serious. So you go back and listen to my lyrics, bro, and take time. Fusion of the five elements to search for the higher intelligence. Women walk around cellar and live in irrelevant the most benelevant king communicate through your dreams. Mental pictures have been painted, but the law is heard, is scene everywhere, and you're surrounding the atmosphere, thermisphere, stratusphere, trappisphere. Can you imagine from one single idea everything appeared here? So understanding will make the truth crystal clear. We got innocent black immigrants locked in housing tenements eighty five dependent where phair recipients. My neighborhood has been stamped like a concentration camp. For at nighttime, I would walk through my throat. I was bright as a street lamp. Electric proles right, electric proves, robotic strolls, taking telescopic pictures of the globe. Babies being born now with Michael Chip stuff inside their earlobes, examinated vaccinated lies, fabricated food, and drug administration testing poison in prison population. My occupation is to stop the inauguration of Satan. They thought it was Ronald Reagan. That's why I come to slave men like Bartholomeo, because every particle of some physical articles is diabolicals down to the last molecule. But anyway, but anyway, it's like I was doing that because shot that.
Speaker 5: You do the work.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you said, producing m C And yes, that's why I said both. I love the way, yeah, okay, by nature? Which way you're that's going to probably be now And I'm getting clown im drinking and keep saying which way, but I can't help but say which way good? No problems, is my man? Man?
Speaker 4: I think it's under I don't say underrated, but I think he deserves to be higher.
Speaker 3: And everybody's top list of them CS.
Speaker 1: Like Sticky as well. Yeah, yes as well. Yes, they both inspired culture flows and identity for a lot of rapplets. A lot of their stuff is embedded in a lot of em c's like it's like it's their sheet cold that they won't admit, right, you know what I mean? But for me, think you Treaches is both a special because I would say both okay, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: You think that show.
Speaker 1: Wait till you get up both they both like New York is such a special place and shout out New Jersey as well, and Philadelphia and Long but New York long asters that's us were together. Somebody trying to say Buffalo wasn't New York. Buffalo is New York, New York. You're not going for that, veron all, that's New York, bro. But for Trench and and any and them, Mamud Tommy boy. That's right. I was tom Boy too, and we wasn't nobody made it yet, so they sending us out together to the radio with which came in at my name.
Speaker 3: That's right, Okay, like this they make it though.
Speaker 1: I remember going to see him after Apollo, after they made it, and I ain't seen him like my five six months. You know, I'm still trying this ship. But you know it's my mass you know, they oh shit, let me, he's my brother. Trech is like that type of guy. He's a special guy. He's just he's one of the once again another special entity. But but I seen them. He came off stage sweat, he took his shirt up, muscles everything, It's like bunk bunk ship And I was like, oh ship, my my dude. We were still a limo together like this falling out, like just going to the radio, just doing freestyles, hoping, and now he he was platinum. Yo, bitch is going crazy. You know my song is about business. They're not going crazy, you know what I'm saying. But but but still the brotherhood was like that, you know what I mean? And when WU were opened our first store, this that and the other. Right, yeah, okay, he came through basically basically almost bought it out. Wow, you know what I mean, that's how much. But then you go about the Sticky, it's like Sticky and Onyx and fucking Frasro. That's my those are my party homies. Were the dudes in the party before nobody's on. We're the real dudes in the party, you know what I mean. It's like whatever, you know what I mean, if it's a vic, if it's something going down, we were the real meat, dirty, sticky me Frasro. If you if you was in the party, in the street party, those are the real motherfuckers. That how they got in, we don't know. Is it dangerous now in this party a little more dangerous, yes, you know what I mean. So sticky in them all they was like when they got on too, it was like I was like, oh shit, all the real niggas is getting on now, like some of the real people that wasn't just like uh just kind of like the streets was getting in. Specs as an example of the streets getting in. Sticky is an example of the streets getting and who is the entire community straight up? Though? Anyway, love what you got.
Speaker 3: Karas one on rock him in your way, I say, which way?
Speaker 1: Wow, Jamie, Look, that's that's that's even though it sounds hard, right, rock him, Okay, right, they both gave us so much, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And caras One, you know his type of dude.
Speaker 1: Nobody ever wanted to get on after caras won. You never did a show. He's with caras One. You better go first. And he gave a speech in between and ship and everyone shuts up and listens. Yo, he did one show. Yo. He dropped back to back bangers. I'm talking about ten, twelve, thirteen, back to back bangers and then like, okay, that was the mic check didn't wait into the ship. That's something. There's how many bangers he got, right, because he made albums that was full of bangs listen til.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So in that capacity you're gonna not find really not nobody that could do that. But when you when you mentioned it to me, my mom went to the argument of those mcs who was the best and what rock Kilm wrote in his two albums.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, and that didn't curse exactly for most part.
Speaker 1: Of the most part what he wrote, bro, no MC of that generation compete compared to that. You know what I'm saying. They could try and argue it if you want. But if you go, what did you say when the Earth gets further and further? He said? Follow me? Right, so you thought you was first, Well, let's travel at a magnificent speed around the universe. You thought you was first, will follow me, and let's travel at a magnificent speed around the universe. And what would you say when the Earth gets further and further away, and the planet seems small like balls of clay, and you straight into the milky way, wells out of sight as far as your eye can see, not even a saddle lighte. But then suddenly you see a star. You better follow it because it's the all from the to triple darkness, and then appeared for you. So his lyrical content and abilities were just now incredible. So even caras One gave us a lot of things, you know, like what's beef right? Or even when he talked about you know, your diet. The teacher Jimmy my philosophy is Jimmy great great great, But I'm just saying the concentration she what makes her dope. Em See, this is the way you could could taking the throat in the garbage. Some mcs are a container of juice. You ever get that good apple juice, like that whole fucking Martelli's apple juice. That ship is good, good, it is good. But some MC's it's the concentrated apple juice. You gotta add water to this, nigga, my chemist, dad, you gotta add water, all right, Okay, I be asking that. Okay, now this one I already because I bet, I bet you will be on time. And I lost that bet. But I bet on this this question too. Hold on, that's a good guy. But no, I bet on you. I was on time.
Speaker 3: We thought as much as we were talking, you were definitely.
Speaker 10: We were here two hours early just to make sure because we knew he was gonna be on time.
Speaker 1: I bet on you. We do this with every artist like we bet right, and I got to afford thirty sucked up.
Speaker 3: We only say because we told everybody he's gonna be on time.
Speaker 1: But but but hold on, but I'm not. I'm not gonna lead the witness. Analog or digital bought me digital that well, if you'd have asked me a few years ago, I would have I would have chose this time I got to say both, I love again. I thought you, I know, if you had some years ago reason why I would have said digital a few years But first of all, digital is where we're at. But you can still use this. There's things that you can still use analog. Let me tell you about while I saying analog, bro, because now we're in the AI world.
Speaker 3: It's a whole different world now.
Speaker 1: So now that we're in the AI world, you're gonna wish somebody just played the guitar for you. You're gonna wish at the resonance of that. You wanna want to wish that the that real physical sound is real. Watch when you get a porter, a porter shorty. When the Porter Shorty is the robot. Yeah, Watch when you get a porter shorty short Yeah. I hope, we hope. We don't need them. We got wives for some dudes. People gonna get Porter Shorty. It's gonna, it's gonna it's gonna lyric about it. The Porter. Yeah, the Porter, the Porter Shorty. Right when you do it, she's gonna click her eyes and record it for you and then hit it and then she's gonna play it back. I don't even know what the I don't know. That's the play. When you got your robot shorty recording you. She's gonna film that you're doing. She's gonna be filming you as you're doing it. But you want her to film, You want her to listen. Bro's having it on his own. He gotta take his data.
Speaker 3: It needs data.
Speaker 4: I see just a sign note. I've seen this billionaire on It was something I saw online. But he said, you know, the future of investing. He wants to invest in sports because AI is going to take over everything, and everything's gonna be so digital that the physical people that actually do sports is gonna be a commodity running man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So he's investing all his money. This is a guy that invested in tech supposedly, now he's gonna invest in sports. He's going analogue. He's going analog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he's doing.
Speaker 3: So he said, both okay, okay, I like, hold on, I got interrupt you.
Speaker 1: I like that listen. You know, is he taking all these shots? You hitting these dudes going back to back on the Bone Show? Yeah, okay, okay, oh no, this is all no, no, no, no, it's a good thing. I'm a little I'm press he got the low let me see that. Yes, yeah, I'm smoking later, Yeah, okay for yoll how much time? You know we kind of the hour, right, Yeah, I'm happy. Listen. Let me just want to make it all the way through. Yes, yes, let me just tell you something. Bro, I'm gonna be honest. If we've done it's part of the show. Yes, but listen, but let me just tell you something. And you know, we've had other people on this show, we had other legends, but we have never had the abbot on this show. And you know what, I am so happy, I'm so honored and we he asked me if.
Speaker 3: But what I'm trying to say is, man, this is this is a blessing.
Speaker 1: Man. So in case I ain't saying earlier or we didn't say it earlier, I just want to say to you and your beautiful wife, thank you. Man. You know what I'm saying because I know I know you ain't you know, you know at the end of the day, like you know, I you know, I live this life, so I understand, like and our culture, what we were trying to do is, you know, so many people say that if you have ten years in this game, like you washed up and so many other and so many other coaches. I've never even heard that word be spoke of washed up or your time is up?
Speaker 3: Like what the fuck is that?
Speaker 1: Does that mean?
Speaker 3: Other than boxing and sports and like that? But what other genre of music?
Speaker 1: These motherfuckers Martley Crewe and them niggas, they tore fucking them niggas nine hundred, Like I just saw the Grateful Dad in Vegas two weeks ago. I don't even know those people are still lying. I love them. I think, Bob, Where's eighty two? And they're still killing it, killing it, beautiful show. So why they can't hip hop? Why why we can't grow with that? Why we can't? And you know what's crazy about I'm sorry to make it all make sense, but let me make it, make it, make it all make sense. That was then illest thing about You're watching you and nas, you guys and knaves in Paris together was I was looking. I was like, look at the audience and the shit was packed, it was sold out. But I'm looking, and there was some there was there was a lot of youngins in there that you thought were with their parents. But then I was paused. I was watching their mouths and they knew the words, and I'm like, oh no, their parents.
Speaker 3: I rememberated like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, at first, at first sight you're looking You're like, all right, cool, but then you look at you like, wait a minute. These are good parents. These are parents who who let their kids listen to the right music. And the kids were actually it's like Bob Marley. It just it's so beautiful. It's so beautiful. So it's know, it's so crazy. One thing I did see and hip hop is a beautiful thing. I was in Australia and the day in Australia that bugged me out is that the audience was actually forty percent or young. Wow. Yeah, I'm talking about like it was weird a little bit too. I had to I had to like lecture them. I got back to the hotel. It was like twenty eighteen year old as a hold on seal, girls listen due this we did not this is but it's not a boy band, it's he's a grown man. You guys, go home, this is weird, take a picture and go home. I how to tell people, get them home. I had to get girls out of vans right. But but the point I'm making is that the attraction of our culture. The attraction of the music is timeless, and that's what it's supposed to be. That's beautiful. It's beautiful. And what we got to do and hopefully if we can right is not be shy or brave enough to circulate back around the globe and touch the people. Because the thing that happened is it ain't It won't be because the guys said ten year a wash up. The guy who accepts that makes his self wash up. He won't come outside, he won't show up because he don't you know, he hasn't preserved hisself. He don't feel the chi you know what I mean? There was recently. So if you do say, they don't wan, they don't want to do videos no more because because of the physical appearances like nah nah yo, gee, listen, you're still appreciated. You remember least you know least grass Peiri. He might know what that is, yo. You see Lee Scrass Prairie Yo. He was he I went to a Jamaican festival. Oh his roster ship, that's why he knows. He looked like a prophet, right, he was super super great out just you know what you wanted to see him. You wanted to touch that. He was like, yo, hold on, I want to that that's real, but you know so so just saying that that the culture will continue to attract younger generations. The industry itself thought they could write it off, but they thought it was a fat It's not a fadest fifty years. It's fifty years old, you know, and it's international, and it's international. It's going to continue.
Speaker 4: And one thing I've said on this show a bunch of times is it's the number. It should be considered that it is the number one cultural export of the United States to the world, and we are not really taking advantage of that.
Speaker 3: The culture didn't take advantage of it, right, We didn't.
Speaker 4: And what happens is each region now is saying, all right, well, because I've traveled and they in the hip hop heads in these countries and said, you guys lost your way hip hop wise, you guys are corporate and you lost it. So they're creating their own vibe within themselves, which which is just good. Yeah, but we should pay attention and keep in touch because it.
Speaker 1: Got from here, right, well, they will come back here too. There's the artist called I did an album with an artist. Her name is a witch out of Okinawa and she kind of Yeah, Okinawa, Japan got a song featuring asaf Berg. Who else joined it?
Speaker 3: That's where mister Miyagi from Yeah yeah, hold.
Speaker 1: On one of the biggest the home of Saki Yo Okinawa. Right, check this out, love, they got a saki Okay, check this out. So they had a snake that was killing all the people. Oh ship they put the snake in. Yeah, snake was poisonous, killing all the people. They went and captured them, all the snakes and they put them in in saki bottles and you drank it. They fermented the snake and it's an apple dsiac. I believe that. Let's be drinking and you'd be like, yo, what up? Anyway? Okinawa? Okay? This this we at We got.
Speaker 3: Full time slime, Primo a p rock. Now you skipped a million.
Speaker 1: I know that's why you're gonna do it. No, No, we can added this, we can we can go back, we go back. Yeah, you add all this, but Primo Pete rock in which in the producer way, that's the deep even though Peple Rock do rhyme too, that's that's that's deep rock rock. That's that's deep. That's a deep one. I gotta say both. I'm in this takes really better. It's getting better.
Speaker 5: Is different?
Speaker 3: Is it a different one? I'm saying, is it like, what's the mixture of this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So so this one here is also. I like this one the best. It's still a jumi, but so not to go there. This this particular brand makes about five levels of saki, all premeal. She's getting more, She's moving more and more.
Speaker 3: She didn't even know that, did you know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's moving up and off. Is that the left bottle? We got the ceramic? No, we don't get the ceramic. It's the only one we could. No, No, there's a ceramic. Yeah, so that's that's we have it. Yeah, yeah, we move it up the ladder. Okay, okay, let's go.
Speaker 3: Start passing people, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me let me speak of those who brothers. You're gonna chop you up anyway. So whatever.
Speaker 3: So p Rock, you know, he pioneered so much for us and hip hop.
Speaker 1: Always.
Speaker 3: You know, I love his horn chops was very interesting.
Speaker 1: It was he was an m C. He rock and see all smooth, crazy, his his his his his ideas, you know, and then Premiere.
Speaker 3: Premiere actually created a formula.
Speaker 1: Premiere made a formula that works every time MS if you pay attention to that. A lot of producers wasn't able to do that. He created his own formula. You check Pete Rock, you check Residue, check dras. None of us don't have a concise formula. I'm trying to figure out where you're going with.
Speaker 4: This, Like he's consistent in his formulas. What you're saying his formala his fault. Yeah, you don't mean a sound, not a sound.
Speaker 1: I mean it is kind of. It's not a sound because this sound was inspired by all his sound changes as.
Speaker 4: We change, right, Okay, okay, but physic it's drum pattern is his formal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what you mean. Okay, his formala.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're saying it's a chop like he has a form.
Speaker 1: He has a formula that you know it is a Premiere.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, it's a signature sound for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not just the sound. Bro if he don't scratch in the hook, but you can still know it's for me, No, it ain't Premire. You're not going to find his joint.
Speaker 3: Without a scratching it that he doesn't incorporate his DJ, his his his his his.
Speaker 1: He also keeps I think he keeps one of his old machines still right, he keeps keeps his old equipment and he uses that in his formula show every time you played one of his tracks, right, you know, Okay, that's what you could tell it's Premiere right, right, right, But Pete Rock. You got to Michael old p Rock did that? You can tell him that. No, Okay, did you know Pete Rock when he did? Okay, wait, who did Above the Clouds? That was that's Premier's people. All the way they did was the one when it was with the racing ship, Start your engines? Yeah, yeah, that's Pete Rock.
Speaker 3: Right, But wasn't you on that?
Speaker 1: I want to make it is that Pete Rock, Pete Rock digging. I'm alright, let me say this has made a formula. Pete Rock is a master. But similar to me in a way. We've we've played in multiple chambers, you know.
Speaker 10: What I mean?
Speaker 1: So so Cuban Link, even though it's Riza, it's nothing like Old Dirty's album. If you really look at it, the sonic quality could be similar, But Dirty album is full of bass. Tubman links its strings. It's totally a different chamber. Liquid Spars is totally different from crazy. Every time he says the noises, I know exactly.
Speaker 3: Where who are you compare yourself more to it.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, no, I'm not comparing.
Speaker 3: I'm not comparing.
Speaker 1: You know, I said both because they both are pillars. But I want to I want to say, identify the difference. It's like nobody's in production quality level matches Doctor Dre quality level. If you put on Michael Jackson do and you put on Doctor Dre, you don't got to touch the knock. Okay, his he made records from the beginning. That's at the quality of all the records elanated in history, at the highest level. That's ill you put on thirty six after Dre. You gotta turn my ship up. You're gonna get a different experience though you're gonna hear something sit there, what the fuck? What the fuck is that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I turned it up, but you got to turn it out.
Speaker 1: But you could just right now with with with with premire. He's also sonically there because he's pushing the drums up front, right he could, but it's still gonna master d right, it'll be high. It'd be louder than me, right, similar to Pete. But nobody's getting to Dre's va and perfections and that that VU though that ship that was moving like that, that was on your SSL.
Speaker 3: He mastered that, Yes, d like a scientist, and that my ship on the SSL.
Speaker 1: To be honest, it's like this. I pushed it all overay. There was like, yo, you can't do that. I'm like, why not? When you master this, nigga, they wanna go. Now your is gonna sound where it's gonna sound. I don't get you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But anyway, so, but but did you do that on purpose?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 1: A lot of my ship I did because that was the whole allure of For me. A lot of my shid I died was purposely. Let me say one thing that that's weird about me, and you could this isn't part of your question. So for me, right, if you take one of my tracks in the studio and you came to the board, if you move the fader down, the beat falls apart. It only works because of the post of what I'm of the level that I set everything at it's only working because of the posts of what I'm Controlling'm controlling the pulse. It's not everything is not in key, and everything is not in rhythm, But what's the dominating pulse? Makes it make sense? Even you go to that same knowledge of God song on Ray Kuan's album, it doesn't. If you move something, it's like you lost it, Bobby, you dropped it. So that happens people with the engineers, you fucked up. I'm like, Noah, while you do that, well, you fucked up, bro, That's not what's happening here. You're thinking of the science of it. I'm working off a post. I was working off a posset, So a post means I could go like, but if I put a drum beat pushing that post, it's gonna change it. It's gonna change that to a rhythm. But then if I put it what the fuck is that? But if I put it low right here and move it paying it to the left, it's gonna it's gonna make It's like, what the fuck is going on? And then when they end sinking on it, you don't even hear nothing because now you're trapped in his flow. A good A good song like that is what the blood clock my method? Man go back and check that. But anyway, right, hold on, hold on, hold on. So the next question, only built for Cuba Links or iron Man? Where does this go?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: Only built for Cuba Links. That was easy, That was easy. Only Cuba Links is the foundation of iron Man. Okay, okay, iron Man is good? Right, but iron Man falls short? Yeah, yeah, we fall short. But I'm gonna deny it because what happened in iron Man is that we have the flood in the middle of the album. So after Cuban Links Liquid Sports, we start iron Man, and the second flood happens. This flood, though it doesn't destroy floppy disc like the one that got sucked up. Now and now the equipment is fuck. I got a two itch machine in my crip. Real flood.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking I'm a sling. I've been through two floods.
Speaker 1: Okay. Once I thought I could have.
Speaker 3: Biblical on.
Speaker 1: The flood wasn't coming from under I moved to It came from over. Wow, that's just my own comma that I have to fix. I had to get a good woman, which I have. Now I have a good woman. Now let's take itself for a good So I am man was finished and Mystic Studios when you falling mistake you better. So we had to leave our own studio and didn't go to Mystic. And now seeing my own studio, every compressor was already set. When Ghosts came in. He sounded like ghosts every time, because I set the settings right. Every MC had their own compressor, their own settings. Now I'm in a somebody else studio, it ain't the same. And when I leave there tomorrow or god comfort, two days, he done change it again. Okay, because somebody else uses s so liquids foil than Cuban relations, which people considered the epitome of my creation. Nothing changed.
Speaker 3: It was consistent.
Speaker 1: It was consistent, and so when you hear them, it sounds like him. One thing a lot of put artists and producers don't realize is that. And I'll say that we all due respect because we're not talking about nobody else, of course, But okay, so Snoop goes to no limit. That album don't sound like Doctor Dre. You see what I'm saying. So the studio you use, it's just like DN was it D M D and D D and D D and D Man. Once some dudes didn't go there no more.
Speaker 3: And they don't.
Speaker 1: Premiere. He was the one that really made D and D sounded. But once once people started going there, they all got good. I think, like maybe, but once they stopped going there, it's like, oh, there's no D n D there. Sometimes the studio itself is part of the vibe and so on. So you say accumulations iron Man. Iron Man was finished and mystic and to me, we we forced our hand on compromised. So anyway that this is this is a great as for me as a fan. Yeah, yeah, I'm glad that the fans get to hear this, but this is me as a fan.
Speaker 3: Capadana, master Killer, this got.
Speaker 1: I don't get that this is this is.
Speaker 3: Sha Shall we talk about them a little bit? Yeah, hell yeah, man yo legends. By the way, master Killer just dropped the album today and I'm on.
Speaker 1: The Killer. Let me just take you something. I haven't ribbed this so long that when when I heard my own verse, I was like, how did he get this? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: I was like, nor are you going? I heard that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, album was dope because I had. What I did was just listen to it.
Speaker 1: As I was getting a haircut, I listened to my point obviously, and I mean first because I was I was, I was amazed at me. I was like, really still got it? So and then the album just kept playing and I was just like, damn, bro got some joy from it, like like hip hop is still making hip hop. It's just we gotta we gotta search for it. Now. You gotta search for it. Now you know what we could do. We gotta search for it. So we always had to search for it, right, you know reality I mentioned earlier that just took me to sound view projects. That's a long ride here.
Speaker 3: Hip hop, you're singing in a different way.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing. Yeah, it's a search.
Speaker 4: It's like going from kin Do. So we used to go to Winwood to all the hip hop jams and Winwood you know w kN do to to to the w Hotel. But I'm telling you, you know, I'm telling you from Kendo. We was going to Winwood where Zoolo Nation used to throw their parties at.
Speaker 3: I say, I'm trying to tell you the distance.
Speaker 1: Distance I'm not saying like I'm.
Speaker 4: Telling you that's that's the equivalent of us having to travel experience, further experience.
Speaker 1: I mean, what kindle when yeah, in the ferry man to get to get they could go underserved to get to get the sound view from the Staten Island minimum two hours two and a half hours minimum minimum. Listen, it's the Bronx when the Bronx was like burn down Bronx not not just that from there, Yo, you'll see listen, bro. People don't understand this life of what hip hop went through. Hip Hop went through.
Speaker 8: Topads on the floor, blood, crime, cops, crooked, uh cry fire.
Speaker 1: Hip hop and lived. And now you see somebody in Korea you know what I mean exactly. You know, it's a beautiful thing. What hip hop did is this and he am I about to digress a little bit. So, so a law is merciful. Let's just know that, right. And we all have arm leg leg arm head. So don't when you hear alaw, don't get scared. Some people, Oh nah, we all have arm leg leg arm had that image. But a law is merciful and he finds ways to deliver mercy. You know what I mean. Hip Hop is a mercy. The Quran was a mercy. They said it was a mercy. It says, a law gave the Koran to Muhammad as a mercy the man, so he could know what's good and what's bad and how to navigate through this. And it's a book of not just spirituality. It's political, it's business, it science, it's husbandry, it's wives, it's inherit. This right hip hop comes to our community as a saving force. It first saves us in New York, but then it continues to move. Okay, it's okay, we saved these guys. Let's save some West coast guys. Let's get the terminals first. Okay, Now it's get in the middle. Let's go to the south. Now, let's go, let's go. Do you hear the new Indian m CSI now is out there?
Speaker 3: The Vietnamese MCS.
Speaker 1: Yo, listen I went to When I went to I'm one of the first MCS to ever perform in Egypt. You will never know that because they don't be They didn't record it, they didn't allow it. It was unallowed. I took it. Me and Sean Paul, right, what a combination, separate, separate times.
Speaker 3: Together.
Speaker 1: But I was just saying it was like it didn't exist there. Now it exists, So hip hop has went and saved all these families. You go to South Africa and you see a brother pull up with a Bentley. How you get that? Hip hop not saying that the Bentley is the is the thing he should have gotten, right, But when you get money, the first thing you do is get the luxury to appreciate the money. Mahamad Ali said it. They said to Muhammad Ali. They said, Mohammad Ali, you talk about the black man and all the power he should have, and you're trying to to, you know, raise the constuts of your people, and you want them to, you know, not be caught up into the white man's world. But you, Muhammad, you have a Bentley. How do you justify that? He said, no, no, no, I have true Bentley's, he said. He said, because my people got to see that what I do make something mean something. They see a value. They don't want me coming over ripped clothes and trying to talk to them. That's that was Jesus job. He came over. You know, you know, so Petland, you know what I mean. The job. The job now was to have a magnetism. Hip hop is that magnetism, It's that conduit. It's that, yo, and I see so many of us blessed by it, you know what I mean that we ought to be thankful. I'm gonna take a moment right now if you guys don't mind toast the hip hop, toast the hip hop. Oh god damn it, none onless here would be here without hip hop exactly. Absolutely looks. We talked about his voice earlier, right, and and and you know we all dance to his fucking joint. What what we all know? He threw elbow, He puts people out our way when that shit came on, right, And that was a voice, but he's hip hop and his voice wasn't limited to the music.
Speaker 3: That's what's happening to hip hop for us, Elder Statesman.
Speaker 1: You don't have to just be the music. And I'm glad that Massacilor got a new album. And you heard your joint and it's called balance. Balance, balance, okay, yes, asked? I said, why balance, Samuel, He said, Yo, God, balance is always needed, it is. That's that's the beauty of hip hop when it's balanced, exactly. And we can agree right now it feels unbalanced.
Speaker 3: Unbalanced, but you have all the ship in it.
Speaker 4: The fuckery and the righteousness exactly as long as it's balanced exactly.
Speaker 1: Give me the blue and the red pill choice, but give me some wisdom behind my choice. And that's what.
Speaker 3: That's what, that's what. That's what I hope that we can provide.
Speaker 1: I've been drinking that. You know, those w's kind of a little bit there. You drank the more you should any I believe you own a w. It's getting better, better, colder, it gets the better.
Speaker 3: Yes, but our bodies is not getting better.
Speaker 1: But okay everywhere. But she's like, he's up a little bit. Give me another one. You're good. She got. What's your next one?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good, you got? You got the ceramics for real?
Speaker 4: Yeah, get the surrounded. I want the ceramics business. N W A public enemy?
Speaker 1: Wow? No, no, no, no, no no, you just give a million relaxed bud.
Speaker 3: You can twist it. You want to twist that one twist. Here's my favorite question on this whole show period.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. I'm not I might as well ask him n w A or Wu Tang clan.
Speaker 5: No, we don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I personally don't like you, guys.
Speaker 1: Everybody doesn't like this question because of the different era. But what I'm saying is it's the same impact even though it's different errors. Like what what what n w A did for for for Los Angeles, California West Coast period was changed everything. They made people start wearing curls, They made people start wearing bandanas, they made people start, you know, krip walking, gang banging. Well, Wu tang, did you made black motherfuckers want to be Chinese Japanese?
Speaker 3: You made motherfuckers?
Speaker 1: We're in hold on man, man, it's like you you changed the culture like like so to me, the impact, I'm not saying the errors not when we put this question together. And by the way, it's not our question. These are these two guys. There's a cocaine section in Colombia.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're in Miami, Miami.
Speaker 1: Would it be like the Colombia.
Speaker 3: Like to ask this question.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite question because the reason why I like to ask it is because I'd be wanting people to understand I'm not asking the errors or who came before who or who influenced too. What I'm saying is the impact. But you didn't ask it to start with. It was these guys question. But I thought it was genius.
Speaker 4: But my argument, this is my argument why I don't like the question, because I feel if those are my two fair groups, n w A and Public Enemy, I feel like they're the same energy, different sides of the spectrum. They actually are the same things, but on the different sides of the spectrum. In that era, they provided us with the balance. Right, that's what I love about that question being then too. But when I think it's Wu Tang versus w I think it's off balance.
Speaker 1: And that's sense. I respect that, But let me let me just comment and you guys can chop it up how you want. Right, So Public Enemy is inspiring in w A. N w A is not inspiring Public Enemy. Seriously, run DMC is inspiring in w A. N w A is not inspiring one DMC. But that's because the New York is the mecca of hip hop. So they got to fly to New York and find the breakbeasts and bring them doctor Cali. They can't find them of those in those record stores, right, But where n w A brought the hip hop and when they brought to the coach is undeniable. And we don't have Kendrick at the Super Bowl. If n w A don't exist, Okay.
Speaker 4: And maybe if Public Enemy don't exist as well, because I feel like there's a lineage there too as well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna argue that. But n w A gives us doctor dre yep, yeah, well yeah, WA gives us ice cube. If we don't got ice cube, I don't make movies straight up, straight up, right, and they continue to go to the brain that goes then we get snooping me so so much. Right, So in Public Enemy is is the consciousness public Enemy asked? Did that first? They did the toy with anthrax before any of us did a rock and roll combination besides one DMC. Right, but now you throw Wu Tang into the equation, and I don't mind speaking on Wu Tang in this equation, right, what Wu Tang does is this, right, NWA influence is actually the influence of hip hop right now? New York is not selling records. Okay, name the top hip hop artists in New York at the time. Juice Crew, you got no no. By the time you get to ninety two ninety three, Jewice Crew can't sell records.
Speaker 4: Big Daddy KMEE record is eighty eight to ninety Well, I mean, if you want to take the lineage, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: They but no juice. So we get a platinum Big Biz, we get a gold knee, we get a cat, we get a gold cane, we gotta we got a platinum carreras one. We got a platinum Rock Kim in the eighties. Now in the nineties, none of them is selling platinums. Travers coming, Leaders is coming, Gang Starts coming, Traver is gonna give you gold. Nobody's giving you platinums unless it's poppy. What about what aboutation? Damn? Like I said, they come and give us a platinum. That's why I said Trench and Onyx are a new way of energy that comes up exactly okay, And still he gives us a platinum within for poppy songs, which wasn't poppy but West Coast even to load Young MC. Everybody double platinum, platinum, platinum platinums. And so even though Tretch and triv and everybody are giving us this beautiful thing black Moon, you go through that whole underground movement, you're not cracking three hundred thousand cells. Didn't do that. E P M D now is going ahead different hold on, but eld on respect the EPM No Depth.
Speaker 3: Squad is like my cousins squad. And yeah, those my cousins.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's declining and the and and let me say to you, and the investment is different because because look, even like Once of Again l L is one of the greatest, he's he's he's making to do all this. But I was just saying the average investment in hip hop, right, Like, let's say, what's your first record deal? Look, if you're Penalty records terrible uh economic? What was that five thousand dollars? Okay that you know that five thousand dollars. Okay, Let's say Wu Tang first album. You know what?
Speaker 3: It was sixty thousand, sixty thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars for everybody for the whole album. Bro, nobody got no money. No, that was we lost money on that. That's what you understand this for a moment, just to get a little culture thing here. Even Method Man's album, if you take Method Man's album, his videos and everything, you're not gonna spend no more than five hundred thousand dollars he makes. He's gonna bring in twenty million dollars. Wutan is gonna bring in twenty million dollars. Okay, it's business now. On the East Coast, it's business now, it's marketing business. If the Wu Tang doesn't come and sell a million records on a budget like that, there's no business in hip hop on the East Coast. You're tying on the business side, not just in the culture. It goes both ways. Because now you got the guy who like the dude told me to my face, bro those hoodies that will never work. So take the hoodies off. Wow. Because if you go to the west beyond Nwa, when you get tone and young and all these other dudes, Dusa, Dusa are basically prince raquines. It's packaged. They've tried to package me. It didn't work. Wu Tank is unpackaged. So if I become unpackaged, he could be unpackaged. Everybody coming after us could be unpackaged because it's not a package now, it's something else happening. So the impact becomes a similar the same. Of course, the Asian culture is a whole new thing, right, But then no many brothers started running to the mosque and studying mathematics. You know what I mean? You know how many dudes as the rule movement is happening, and the college kids and the blacks and the whites and the Spanish are all kind of vibing into this new thing. And Hot ninety seven is changing from a club radio station to a hip hop radio station and the noose number one song on Hot ninety seven Method Man, it's changing the chie Now meth comes and you get a fucking a hip hop Grammy all I needed. If you go back to your hip hop duets, you can't name ten of them. That's not just a Grammy winner. They sold two million copies bro the single at that time, Yo, the single Method Man single at that time was competing with We Are the World in single cells. Wow, as far as the measurement, as far as the measurement. So something different is happening on this side of the world now. So now it's like there's money over here. It's been vests. So then and then once Cuberlee came in, like Yo, everybody started saying the wool Gambinos and now we're taking on identities. The identities changed the whole hip hop landscape. The identities are still existing. So now and it's a platinum, it ain't like a two hundred thousand sellar it's been four or five hundred grand and make ten million dollars. It's good business. So the impact is the same thing that Dre is doing on his side of town. Right, He's making star after star after star after star, and we're doing it. But the thing that's happening different is differently. You know. It's almost that I said. I started this by saying, hip hop is a mercy. A law gave us a mercy. I started from there. Then you went into the two different groups. I'm telling to let you know that. Then he said, he said he had Wou Tang and n w A. It's like, yo, they both had to do a job. They both had to do a job. Okay, in the measure of that job. You have a guy at the super Bowl. But hold on, who's the guy that hired him? Another guy who hired him jay Z. Jay Z don't exist if Wotang don't exist. But God, and I'm not saying that with an ego. I'm saying if we didn't come with cream and slow it down and put that culture into it. Because at the time he's he's he's he's not makes jay Z exactly. And of course the number of respected him because he took it, took it, and he took it and multiplied it into what he does. But it happens as Jay said, Jay don't come. I know Jay is a dirty name right now, but no, never than me. I love it. I love that brother, a man, love his family. I wish his family would have just been a family. But life is unpredictable, okay, But he don't exist. If we don't exist, right, and if he don't exist, you got a whole nother slew a lineage that don't exist. So and so you go to Dre and you go to the Abbot, you get something special, but you can say thing. You go to Chuck d and you go to uh recall and Andre and you get something special.
Speaker 4: To me public enemy ice cube, American's most wanted. That's a trajectory in its own.
Speaker 1: But something is happening, bro, that when the historians really studied, after we all leave here, they're gonna go, holy shit, these dudes, meaning all of us, including yourself, bro, as you know, these dudes want the new Bible in the Bible, right, somebody could google I don't know all the numbers of the books in the Bible. Sixty six books or something like that. Somebody google that, you know what the Google? Motherfucker Google? Who said six? Who talking my right books? I remember, mister Lee touch on the computer. I don't believe you. I don't know. I beat Google. Google. Yes, I was faster than Google, I know it. Right, the point being made, I know sixty six books. Right, there's a book in there called the Book of Oprah Dyah? Is it our first ceramic? Let's talk about this. Hold on, man, you poor, Let's talk about that bottle. Yeah, get it back for a moment. Okay, I'm I'm sorry to direct. I'm gonna have you coming, like we already said, direct direct cat me. Let me get this spiritual thing about. So in the Bible there's sixty six books. You probably all know the Book of Genesis. Yeah, you know the New Testament, Book of John Mark Luke and all those good brothers. You might know. Uh, does anybody know the Book of Opah Dyah Opa Lokaa opadya Obadiah. Okay, check it out. So I like that because part of the Testament is listen, bro. He might he might have three pages. It might not be three pages. It's not a book at all. It's in the No, it's called the Book of Obadiah, but it's a page. You in the book. You in the book, and you get a book. But he only got some a few bars in there. He's fished, but he's in the book. He's in the book. In the book, he's six. So when we think about all of us, bro, right, were in that book, and some of us will be you know, n w A. Well, he got forty fifty pages, moving forty fifty pages, somebody's gonna have to open die.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying, but he's gonna be in the book. And that's what hip hop is doing.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're making trust me, bro, When you go back and bring all these fucking lyrics together and you bring all this shit and this, historians gotta study the times from nineteen eighty, right, I'm seventy three. I think him a seventy three. Yeah, Yah, let's think my mom said eighty because I was going with the popularity or the first platinum record. But let's say from nineteen seventy three to wherever those spaceships find it, the most information they're gonna gain it's gonna come from hip hop. Okay, see before soul and rock. Was given information because you've been listening to Stevie Wonder as as as long as full time, like he got some bars, but in hip hop the type of information.
Speaker 3: I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side.
Speaker 1: Staying alive was no job's second hand mom's bouncing little man. Then we moved a shout the lad a young youth rocking to go too only way and I'm begating g off, drug Lou, hold it six bars, No, six bars is ten years. I started on the crime side, the New York Time side. That's already within a frame right. Staying alive was no jobs. He had second hand clothing. His mother left his father, so now they moved to Staten Island. He's a young youth rocking the little gold tooth, had a polo goose and the only way he began to g off was drug Lou. You know, Washington kid go from a married family struggle to a single mother family. So now a criminal in this street selling drugs, trying to make a living in six lines.
Speaker 3: And that said, so when it's when the spaceship.
Speaker 1: Niggas being robbing the pall metal, Yeah, Paul Metals in Brooklyn and Brooklyn for us in Miami.
Speaker 3: We took it to Paul Metal.
Speaker 1: We have a pal Metal, but.
Speaker 3: He said, pushing a big joint from down south.
Speaker 1: That's what we thought. No, no, but pal Metal is a spot in Brooklyn and the big joint from down It makes sense though, it's like a big joint from now south. But the big joint is the car because in the old days, New York niggas will go to Virginia the bottle whip for less taxes and drive it back. So now you got to Ben's nigga, but you get if I got it from down southigga, pushing a big joint from down south. Now filthy stacked up. Better watch your back these things they got it cracked up on My man from up north. Now he got a loft, you know, came up he was locked up, came home, made money and got a loft. I don't, I don't went from cream the cannon beat. Ugh, then.
Speaker 5: I don't remix.
Speaker 4: You need to let me ask you real quick, because everything you're you're saying in terms of the impacts of everything is musically. What about all the elements that are.
Speaker 1: Him saying, Oh, I say you said music, but the way you do because you're I'm sorry, Bro, it's every chamber. Yes, I'm just speaking on the surface. Of course there's lyrics, but nah, Bro, how you dress listen.
Speaker 3: Because I think the elements is what makes hip hop so special.
Speaker 1: Bro, esn you paid one hundred and fifty dollars for a hoodie, Bro two three hundred four hours for a hoodie that was banned. They told me that they would never get in the industry. My first video we had a hoodies. They said, throw the video in the garbage. Okay, we the culture. When I speak of the culture of hip hop, no, I'm not saying the just the lyrics. It's almost like when the colonists came to a country, they first send them the priests, and the priests come with the word first. From the beginning was the word, it says, and then the word becomes flesh. So of course the word is what penetrates us first. That's the music. But nah, both, I'm talking about the hairstyles, the barber. If the hip hop barber don't exist, you don't got to cut. Bro. You're looking like leaving the Beaver's so many chambers. So I told so and when I say vua and I say tang, or you say I said you guys said n w a wu tang publicing at me. Uh, you gonna keep going outcast Dayla soul. You keep naming all these different rock calm nos pivotal groups right right, biggie, they are pitting something in this palette that is changing the world. You. Your girl is going to tell you to go get her a Louis Vaton bag, bro, not because of Louis Vaton, because of hip hop, seriously, because what hip hop did with Louis Vatan, right, because what hip hop did with Gucci, It's like those things, it's like we took you know, like one point, we had a problem with sampling, right, Sampling tried to cripple us, and it did. But that's why you also have this whole new wave of just trapped beats and dope beats that don't depend upon it, right, you know, to depend upon the playing beats. Yeah, And I was just saying they got electronic for a moment. I did it with Bob me Digital. I did it. I did Bobby Digital because they were taking all my ship. Bro. I was like, fuck y'all, I hit the button right, you can't appreciate that. I'm making somebody go back. When you hear a song like after the laughter, there will be tears. It didn't sell a million records, bro, but what I say sold a million, okay, the real record saying the real record way no way like that. But they got that.
Speaker 3: The publishing off of that.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course hip hop re energized. That's bad I did. That's what. Yeah, it re energized the value I say, the resurrector resurrection shit, you know what I mean, brought it back. So I just want to still in in this punchline with that hip hop has been able to do its culture, inspire and create a value for the world, whether it's K pop, whether it's the all the New, all the new Fastest.
Speaker 11: You arguing with me before, ridiculous, man, Yo, it's hip hop, k robs hip hop, K pop is bv D. When they was doing on B hip hop.
Speaker 1: If you go back to Bell BIV Devaux and Poison, first of all, what they said, what they sampled.
Speaker 3: They always sampled hip hop always, but.
Speaker 1: That Poison sample for us was everything. But g Rapp only sold two hundred thousand, three hundred thousand records. At that time, they sampled poison. Damn, it's platinum. Most people don't even know it's g rapped. But then the career, are they doing that too, Are they sampling? What they're doing now is sampling the culture? Yeah, okay, so they checking out what they supposed to do. But there's a producer over there right now. He's American. He over there, he cacking the fuck up. It should be. He got it.
Speaker 3: He's over there, like listen, cake up, pay Bobby, he.
Speaker 1: Got he got a hundred beats. Yo, you're going again.
Speaker 3: We're skinny than you.
Speaker 1: Got.
Speaker 3: All right, let me passing back, get it up. It's all good.
Speaker 1: It's a good. Hold on, hold on, hold up, all right. So well, hold on, I just got breaking news. It is at seven o'clock breaking news. Oh wow. Wu Tang Clan joints forces with Dave Chappelle to unveil their highly anticipated Time Capsule tour of the Time Capsule. Yeah, the Time Capsule is. Oh man, we got talking about my movie I forgot about. Let's go comcast that. Yeah damn okay, So what's the time. The time? So you know that the Time Capsule is on our tour We'll bring him with us a time capsule. And this is the final tour. This is the New Chamber Tour. We're breaking this time capsule and wherever we go, every city we go, we're gonna have somebody from that city put something into that capsule. So whether I mean somebody could put this one of these and then whatever, somebody will be lucky enough to put something in theirs in that time capsule and we're going to figure out the end. Are we gonna put that time capsule on the top of a mountain. We're gonna put it somewhere, but it's gonna be the Woo time capsule that captured everything. So what happened heard of this? Yeah, I was just saying it's a new thing, okay. But what happened was the tour starts on July sixth and Baltimore. But Dave had asked me five years ago. He said, Yo, risk, if you get the Wu Tang clan to come to Yellow Springs, Ohio, those motherfuckers will go bananas. He has a small club and Yellow Springs, Hold, God's been there, okay, Yo. The Wo went there exactly, but it was like, we don't come, We only coming together now for our tour, so officially, off the grid, off the record. The first stop of this tour was Yellow Springs, Ohio. Wow. Okay, so the tour already started unofficial officially Okay, you said that, but no the first show, yes, so you could say the first show of the tour, yes, it started okay, was in Yellow Springs, Ohio at Dave Seppelle's club. So that means he got to do what oh they got to do what they have to piss something in the time capsule and Dave, I don't know what he put in there, but Dave, whatever the Ohio people did, he had something that he's putting it too this time capsule. So when we get to bought them all there beat the second people. They beat them to the punch. So you don't know what these people are putting it in the time they could put they wonder there I put in.
Speaker 3: First, I'm first, sorry, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I put in some floppy disc yeah, okay, from the flood, okay, okay, from the flood. Yeah. So I had a flood that wiped washed away a lot of my beats, and so I took a couple of real flood not the slang flood Well, okay, all right, So I had had a flood that washed away on my floppy disk and I still have those floppy disks, but they just don't work in the ASR ten no more because they got damaged. And so I took a couple of floppy discs and I put them in a time capsule as my contribution to the future. So that means that this floppy disc if people discover this wherever you put the time capsule later on in life, yeah, discover this. This might be some unreleased Wu Tang songs. Yeah, either either either unreleased or is it the original stems of the It may be unreleased. Got to be some of the stuff never never never happened. I never sampled it. You understand that you went to the bathroom, mummy. I'm sorry a lot of people, right.
Speaker 3: So they just unveiled him and who taking Dave Chappelle that I saw the post.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it unveiling. Yeah, So, uh, what they're doing is for each stop on the tour, they're gonna have a time capsule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one time capsule probably about you know, like this, right, so you don't blame your fucking turntable. Okay, but every city we go to, somebody is allowed to put something into that time capsule for their city.
Speaker 3: Anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean something reasonable, right, but I know use condos. Yeah, I'm saying yeah, yeah, something something that's moutilated or that makes sense that somebody could appreciate. Like like I put in two floppy disks from my old beat machine that that doesn't work, right, so I put that in there, right, So so they put in something from whatever he put in. And that was only two things I said. There is when I put in with Dave put in. Our first stop will be Baltimore, and somebody from that city will put something in and every city we go to, hopefully at the end of the day, were able to hit the world with this and everybody around the world gets to pitch something in that box and that box and it comes. You got to come to the joint. Is you going to Miami? Yes, one day right now, we're not schedule schedule that, Yo, bro, we going to Tampa. I said, yo, we could be a part of that. Okay, so kind of Tampa. But still I was like, how are we going to Tampa?
Speaker 3: Miami Miami's always is the worst city for tours.
Speaker 1: No, today we came in. We killed Miami for Miami.
Speaker 3: I'm saying tours in general.
Speaker 1: Ticket Master.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know from back in the days, from marketing times that I worked, they've always said.
Speaker 1: That, Okay, because Miami, they don't box.
Speaker 3: Ticket eleven to the club and hang out with.
Speaker 1: It. So let's just plain, let's explain this ceramic. Okay, bump bump. All right, So I'm gonna do this like a like a public announcement. I respect that. You know, you got the rules in the building. Yes, I got e f N in the buildings. I got Normy in the building.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: They invited me to drink chips. He invited me like for years, years, years, and and it always wanted to be come, but it was different circumstances that didn't allow me. And it bump bump bump, but this circumstance allowed me. Yes. But as I watched this show, he's always drinking. Some niggas, I can say, yeah, yeah, yeah, we're good, yeah yeah yeah. Bleak all my niggas. I don't want to say niggas. Some niggas, niggas niggas, my niggas, the cocaine section. So now so, so I said, I'll come bump bump with you, and we here, but I wanted to drink something that's more of an upper okay, and so we have sacky. We've been drinking socky this whole ship. One three bottle. This is the third one bottle? Is this this is the third? It is the third? Yeah, it's the third. You did one? Yeah? Okay, okay, is this dispressing one? Special one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's dispecial.
Speaker 1: It's not special bottle. Look at this bottle. Look at that? Hey what the camera that? Yeah? You want to zoom in on that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, zoom in on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always say cocaine white.
Speaker 5: You got the cocaine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my brother, you don't con sip, but you can't sniff. So why this one white?
Speaker 4: A ceramic ceramic y saradic. But what's what's the difference with the other bottles. That's the big boy one. I'm trying to help the process know what is crazy. The other bottle was black, right, right, and then we had a blue one, I think, or no, listen, both we.
Speaker 1: Try to represent all the human families.
Speaker 3: Family, the blue for the blue pop up the avatar. That's the way, the clear one and they.
Speaker 1: Yellow one right, the other one kind of yellowish. Why you're not family out?
Speaker 10: We have to wait what's supposed to We have one more left, We have several several see the pretty Yeah, so I ain't gonna love this ship got me nice.
Speaker 6: But like like you're not sweepy. This is like shrew but you're like but not really something you know what's so crazy? We all drank and we d because that's what we.
Speaker 1: Do, right. But if you call a drink, honestly, bro, you better all drink and shake is.
Speaker 3: A great drink.
Speaker 1: It's a better it's better for the which one's not saying that one.
Speaker 3: You're saying that's not.
Speaker 1: What's this one? That's that's the's the aliens. This is that's the future we have that we all version because that's the big boy. Holds up this is that's a big boy listen because it's ceramic. Yah suspense. Also, look at that top. Look at the top, bro, That top is like that's how you know what I mean? Like that's like a nice right there. She opened it.
Speaker 3: They go like this, let me, I'm glad you asked man brother that she was till.
Speaker 1: The dog like that. Okay, anyway, hold on, we're not marketing this ship. We're drinking it. But okay, we've been through some bottles. This bottle just came out recently. I've been drinking this for a couple of years, since we was in Paris. Man, they know we drunk this in Paris, but I don't. This is Paris. You might have been one of these. Okay, yeah, but you told me when I saw you and raised wed and he was like, yo, you fucked me up with that, so good. I said, to suck him up again. And then we decided to do when when my time allowed me to be here and blessed with and you guys have blessed me to let's hit that ceramic. Come on, I was like, we're going with Saki. So here goes to Saki, the ceramics, the long version. You're gonna have to pull this. This is the bump.
Speaker 3: Make sure all our cops are clin called the Bangie.
Speaker 1: Just bunk, no, no, no, listen, it's called heaven sake, that for Rammic gotta be called the Bangie. Okay, anybody out there who works for that company yes, he's just he renamed it. Yes, bankie, yeah, let me take that. But real quick, you want to quake, right, we read read the word, just just read the world.
Speaker 4: With the name of the brand with his brother Heaven's Sake, and he said it, say again, Heaven's Sake.
Speaker 1: He said Heaven's Sake or heaven Saki. Right. So there's a song on the Wood Tang album that's called Heaven's Sake.
Speaker 3: Oh heaven sonk No.
Speaker 1: So when I saw this. When I saw it, I was like, he's right. Now, you say it wrong, you said it right. They're gonna suck that up and it's gonna be like your son, what is that ship?
Speaker 3: So all right, if we make it that, I'll be excited about this one.
Speaker 1: Because mister Lee couldn't find it at all. But let me fine if someone brought somebody brought it to him. Alright, cool.
Speaker 9: Japanese brother, he's on camera. He gleat you want he said, I don't know something.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm so crazy about Japanese language. If you can't remember Japanese language, the best thing to do is to try to take the word and make it an English sentence like a he got though, thank you, I mean, thank you, right, But how would you flip that? He got those? He got those? I don't know how you got those from me? I said, you gotta let I got those, man, I got those another one he said, uh, you you need can eat you are? Okay? How do we flip out? Go to a girl? Oh my god? Yeah? And then you said, no, oh you know what I just said. I don't think I all said on the mic ahead again, yeah yeah for canichi CANi can hold on canchi? Wahni? Can I eat you all? Can I eat you?
Speaker 5: Can eat you out?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, help me remember the words. Sorry, not to shign, not up, sorry, not tonight, you know, sign not tonight, sign not tonight anyway. No, that's bad. Cut that out.
Speaker 3: Take it serious.
Speaker 1: All our first ceramics drinking expensive whiskey. I drink expensive ship.
Speaker 3: And where do we get the ceramics from.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make it to you like this. I'm gonna tell you like this smells a little stronger than the other one smells sweeter. Actually I smell sweetness, but I smell that strongness as well. Let me try, all right, tell me what you feel?
Speaker 3: Do you feel the karate kids out of you. I'm going second small man, man, it smells stronger.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, that's good. Let me Can I sell you a cat around my heart? Right now? That's nice.
Speaker 4: Let's tell the audience something. When we were first talking about doing this episode, we go to Ja, wanted to go to Japan and we're so.
Speaker 3: Hyped about hold on, can I invite you to Japan?
Speaker 1: Yes? Holoit that said the name this? Yeah, I like that he understood. That's you, Jeremy. I know what I'm saying. Can I invite you guys with your parents if you ever invite me back to the show. This is your home. Now, we gotta go to Japan one, okay, please, let's we're gonna I'm gonna special drinks, yo. We gotta make that happen. Yeah, please all right, bump bump please. So Drake Champions is one of the top and pioneering hip hop podcast of it all. When I'm happy that you sparked so many other brothers and a lot of brothers are eating well because of you. Yes, you know what I mean. May you be eating well as the thing? Yes? Yes? And now it's a privilege for me to be here in the honor. I'm glad I decided to funk with you. You know, one thing happened to me too. I can talk, so you know, I took my shahada, right, even though I got nas herself already. You nas yourself already? Yeah, when you have so now the self. In my days, they make you fast three days before they gave you the lessons lessons of the five cent Yes, yes, usually fast three days. Yeah. So so what's the difference from taking your shahada because fast and three days and getting the lessons, Well, you're talking about the one twenty lesons, yeah, one hundred twenty lessons, right. I had a faster three days and I got that, but then without did the shahada. Right, First of all, my lesson said, the lesson says that what is your own self? What is what is your own self? And they were speaking primarily to the Latins, the Native Americans, and the black men of America who kind of was lost from ourselves? Is that where they said that the Asiatic black man? Yeah, the Asiatic meeting that life itself was more origin in Asia. At one point the whole planet was called Asia, but it wasn't called Africa. Africa's more of a later name, maybe two thousand years old at best, maybe fifteen hundred years old before the continents moved. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was just Asia. Just means land, right, right, right, and so everything was land before we start paying borders. But it's said that our own selves are righteous Muslims, then what do that mean? Would you consider yourself righteous? Earfing? Or you try to be righteous? You try to be righteous and I strive to be righteous, okay. And the word Muslim me mousalim, meaning either one from the city or from the idea of peace. So basically you could translate the word Muslim to a man of peace. Do you feel like you're a man of peace? Do you feel like you're a man of peace? I feel like I'm a man. So one of our strivings is to be a righteous man of peace. And because that's one of our strivings, right, because that's our physical presence, it's healthy for us to acknowledge that. Right. So when I took this how to, I took I did knowledge to that because my lesson already described who I was. Now, then some people some people hit me up there, yo, why are you drinking? Bro? You know what I mean? Yeah, okay, And I just said to them, and I want to I just say, at the end of the day, you know, my straw is my straw, you know what I mean. I'm sure there'll come a time I won't drink, I start smoking, and I'll continue to become as more. It's acting more advices as I can, you know what I mean. But as I moved to my entertainment world and dealing with these things, I actually don't drink before I go on stage before I drunk every time. So everything is getting better and better, and that's the goal of it, to have a path to get better and better. Now. Also, I'm a Shalin disciple, and so Shain was founded or brought to the surface by a man named Body Dama. And Body Dama, yeah, he drunk wine. And that's why you have a drunk Buddha, a laughing Buddha, drunken, sleeping Buddha. You got all these different things because these are all different expressions of what a man might have to go through to find enlightenment. Mm hmm. So our lessons teach us that we are by nature we should be righteous, and we should be a men of peace. But Bodhi Dhama means enlightened righteousness.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Enlighten. So now you could be righteous, but how about enlightened righteousness? And so do my Chilentce studies. That's what I was strong to be. You look at the ris, may you see enlightened righteousness. That's striving for peace. I just want to share that with your brothers. All right. Now, there's a rumor that to come see you, you gotta walk up one hundred steps to come see us. I told you that my other studio, my other studio. Did you create the other studio? I call the studios temples the other studio. Yeah, you have to walk off these stirs. When you get up there, you be out of breath. Bro, if I should give you one story, you should edit about that. But when you walk up the studio steps, you get there, you're out of breath. And that's that. But but then I've got to be and my wife bought another spot and we built the studio there in this studio. Now you got to walk down one hundred and twenty steps. The gag is you could walk down one hundred and twenty you're not going to say it makes you not want to leave. It makes you not want to leave. But what quick store you can edit the center because we dragging it. Let me know, we went out of time. There's no time, okay for you? All right? So y'all so so so yeah, So I have a studio that's way up. The studio I had was built up one hundred and twenty steps. And you know, when bus came through, he did the one twenty. Nds came through, he did the one twenty. You know, the whatever whoever came through did the one twenty right, and uh, you know, you get up the out of breath. I did a song with my brother, my hero, my wife's hero, Sly from Sly and the Family.
Speaker 3: So Slotstone comes to do a.
Speaker 1: Song on doing this thing called Athos Samurai and I want to do a song. I wanted to remake family affair and my wife is the big slot famn like baby, I think I got. I talked to George Clinton and he's going to bring Sly to the studio. We're gonna do that song over. It's like cool, all right, so now we you know, but Sly is quite adamant if you're going to do this session. He needs at least half the cheese up front, right, you know what I mean. I'm cool with that. Bam milama, here's half the cheese. Okay. He comes to the sessions and it's those steps and you know, so he wants the second half, but you gotta hit these steps, right, So he so, and he has this gentleman with him, this gentleman he had, well I can't really describe this gentleman. This gentleman kind of like he was bullheaded, but he had like a string of here that hung off the side and ship I couldn't like a monk. He wasn't a monk though, like a month like a monk. Like that's some Veby Bebby Bebby unique individual like I don't I don't know what that what that was, but remember they.
Speaker 3: Come from an era. They come from the psychedelic.
Speaker 1: He might have been psychedelic. That was a second. Yeah. And I met him at Slye House and then Slide pulls up to him, like I said, the studio and Slide has this van that's like his personal van he like when he travels this this van has a bad bathroom. It's a schoofy doo type van. Good, right, and so he's like, yo, I mean, I don't know where He's like, I'm in the studio, but I'm waiting for him. But he never comes up. And then all of a sudden, the guy with the one bomb car Yeah, no, no, he shows up. He knocks on the door. He open up, like, hey, what's sly At? He's like's on hundred twenty steps. He's like brother Rizza. Brother Sly was wondering could he get the rest of the advanced before he comes up. I'm like, yeah, yeah, whatever whatever, you know what I mean, Let's tell about the Slide to come on up. We'll do the song we got there advancing. It'll be all good. It'll tell him come on up. He's like okay, So now he has to go back down. He goes down, comes back up again. No, Sly, no slop. Brother slaes wonder if you can at least give me a portion before he comes up. I'm like, I'm smoking too, Like how much? You know what I mean? Like, I tell Brother Slid, do have some cash here? It's just you know, I don't really keep cashing you, but I do have some cash here. Because you ask Brother Slide like how much cash would be cool to get him up here. And he goes down again, comes back the It's like out of the raft. He told me the number though, fire down, you know what I man. I'm like, shit, I don't really got fired down. Twenty five hundred cash right right right there. I don't know Shapo had it. Somebody had it and my guy who there twenty But tell brother Slop we got you know, twenty fived. Whatever he goes, he comes back with him in full time though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But the point of the story is that those steps, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Serious? Yeah, it means you coming to work, come to get something. He's working, he's working, and brother Slot came up sat I had a rolls piano and he sat there bro and he played. It's a family, a fan, it's something that ship and I don't know. You never come to the studio like that. She comes. When she comes by, I was like, step everything, Okay, the studio. If she comes to the studio, she's coming to flush every day down the toilet right right right, Okay, Okay, it's the old days. I don't gus, I don't smoke on drinking. I'm not drink. I don't smoke nothing but the old days. You're gonna come to my studio and I'll mindset that is with you and you can throw it in the garbage or you can keep it. Keep it. If you came to my studio, bro, no matter what you did, it's in the cabinet.
Speaker 4: I don't do everything you do. Oh you say like all the bad habits, No matter what you if you say.
Speaker 1: Yo wiz, all I do is eat monkey, monkey, ship, but soapin piss. It's in the I got a job for you. If you come to the studio. I got you covered, bro. I got dudes that came. They had no session. They do that because the studio somethingsion the Hey, they walk into a hundred and twenty steps. They walk twenty steps. So if she came up at home and all that shit is there, all that shit goes in the toilet, in the garbage, because that's not healthy for us. She always was promoting health for us, consciousness and health and ship, so she'd come throw it out. All the guys are calling, go yo, shit, what happened? That's my wife came up and ship. Don't worry. Twenty four hours, I'll be restocked, so brother, but Brother Slide comes up and I'm like, yo, let me call downstairs. Having come up, and I called downstairs and she came up and watched Brother Slide performed this song.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 1: So you don't have an elevator on the side of the steps, well you need a zip line. If you like it's crazy, it's deep, it's all elevated there. Oh okay, I don't remember how Buster told me the story. How did you know that Buster told me that story, because when he came up the stairs, he was like, yo. He was like, yo, see like you serious about that phone. You're so Buster, You're so real white notice temple shit. Lord.
Speaker 3: He was like, it's a one time visit.
Speaker 1: Lord he was. But I had that yellow machine though they had mad He was like empty that motherfucker. I emptied it for oh shit, this listen. How we doing? How we doing that? We great fish? Hold on, I'll try this. I got this liquids swars Or returned to the thirty six chambers a fifty minute time on them. Okay, okay, Oh I got to like the movie too. I've been been a twenty minute timer. I didn't do the movie. We do the movie all right, cool, okay, So liquid swars or return to the thirty six chambers in which way? Whichever way you I mean, I think that's fair easy one, Oh it's hard. Well, well that's what I said. I said on which way? They both are two unique things, right. But if you want to be like like in the hip hop canaan, people gonna say liquids wards. Right. But the thing that O d B did and and and that this is trying to make my answers shorter. It should like you canna put a two minute time on me? You're good, right. The thing that od B did, which people don't realize od ODIB made the first hip hop comedy album. I thought, okay about that, Okay, Okay, I'll say Biz is the father. You're right? Okay? Yeah, so od b od B modern, he brought it to the tradition. Yeah, I'm his short is almost Richard Priory, you know what I mean. And and and for me creating it with him, you know, it was like intentional. One of the best beats on the album to me was called going Down and that beat was actually for Havoc and Ship would have it because Steven, like, could you help produce mob Deep album and then I met Havoc before. But but then when we met in the office that day, I was like, you don't need me, gud, Let's do it yourself, like the same thing what you call or told me daddy O. I said to him, like, produce all your own. Yeah, yes, that's in bunk bong. He made some of the best shiits in history, right, but I still had but I promised on one and it was this track called going Down. But then, oh, d beasts, I wanted, that's not how I got you have you want. But in the middle of that track, he's his wisdy. They upstairs cooking fish up in the upstairs and they and they and they cook and ship and were down the studio. He's like, yo, god uh, I want to do something crazy in the middle, so what I want my whirs to come down and argue with me. I said, that's genius. So I said, Yo, come down, Damn you guys gonna get too an argument. I'm gonna record this ship And they record an argument. But there was a real argument. I mean good enough, good enough though, like me and Actlan And then the gag was in the middle of that argument, He's gonna sing somewhere over the rainbow, and he doesn't. And that's in the middle of a song, so so so that so no other album can do that, and then and the whole can. So ODB brought something to the table that's crazily unique and and like he said, it was new, a new chamber.
Speaker 3: So how often did he do that? Did he insert his vision on the tracks for his.
Speaker 1: I mean know for me and him? Yes, he like like like there's times where as the abbot I demand what he do, right because I because I would have that position, I canna SAYO, you're going to do this? They promised that give me five years of saying I can say whatever I want to say, right, everybody agreed, So it was time I told him do this to know this like, this is the track stump. He made that track and then gave it to me to finish. Wow, I mean, I said, yo, go buy a saw. He bought an asol. He only made four beats in his whole life because he really wasn't that patient, right, you know what I mean? But he made that track stump, you know what I mean. I just add the Purans and some other shit to it. But that's so. That's that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He was very involved with his album. But certain things I was like, Nah, you're doing this, you're doing that. I need this, or remember that song you did when you was a kid. I need this. But when he when you hear us say he has one song where he does the same, he has two songs on the album and they they both got the same verse, the exact same verse on two separate songs on the same album. It's called damn It. He does the same rhyme on three songs. If you really check it, he dos a piece of it for another song. What he said, Yo, God, trust me. That's all right, I trust you.
Speaker 3: When he did shame on the Nigga, he came in so late in the studios.
Speaker 1: I was angry. I said, when you say the fuck that God was? They had the bitch with him and ship, Yo God, just trying to mic on because it is my cousin, and you know if I go at it it will be a two hour argument. Then Wenna get to work. He's like, let me turn the mic on on the who went in there in one take Nigga? He did that song wow, same on the Nigga to try the one game on a nigga bow. I was like, now fit finish the hook. God, nah, nigga, that's finished. I said, how you didn't say everything? They gonna love it. I'm like, I kept it. I believe them. Did you really believe them? Though? Yes, okay, I told I believe it. I totally believe them. Take a shot of all the rest in peace. So let me let me tell you something. As a person that knew you for a long time, the one time I felt like this is me as an outsider looking at I felt the uncomfortable situation was when I seen you dirty and Dame dash together right like, like I ain't gonna lie like you know what I mean. You saw my uncomfortability like a mother. I saw it because you know, I just one. I'm an artist. I'm in the industry, and I'm watching this through BT right, so I'm not It's not like like it's not no inside information. I'm actually watching this with the people. But I think that you knew that he didn't belong there, or you felt that he didn't belong there. But she was respecting your cousin's decision, and he was respecting your artists because in this game is frowned upon to keep keep somebody right. So you you so you so I saw you let him go, but then I saw you like work with him, but I saw your hurting this in your heart. I don't know if I'm acurate with that, y'all. Okay, I'm a because like this is me watching on TV, and I'm like, I'm like, I'm like that it was bad. Okay. The edit made it worse. Okay, Okay, Like in.
Speaker 3: The edit, it just shows me and him in the moment with Dame.
Speaker 1: Then it shows me kind of walking out and you can see my hurt right in the reality. That ain't how it happened, right, And the reality is me and him and Dame m and I told a saw yo, let me and Dame just talk for a minute. Let me let's go ahead. Because he had made the deal with Dame in the jail, right yeah, okay, aeah, I'm sorry this whole other thing. He didn't make the deal with day Oh wow. He had someone have power over attorney while he was locked up, and they made the deal. But as they say, the games to be sol not told, okay, but what Dame said to me, and the part they edited out. He said something to me that I couldn't deny. Yo. He said, Yo, Ris, your family came to me, you meaning Dirty family. The family, Yeah, whoever was representing Dirty his family, like we saw you saw that pressed. Everybody was there his you know, his mom was there, pop whatever, he was there. This is when he came home. He came. Yeah, I wasn't there. I had just talked to Dirty already had a deal for him, you know what I mean. I was like, Yo, when you come up, I had a deal on a plan. My deal was like, you come home. I built a gym for you. I got an apartment in Manhattan, five thousand square feats udio already Okay, I would said, Yo, you need a woman. I gotta got I got girls. I just send you. I'm serious. I was like, Yo, I got you, God, just come home, you know what I mean. My shit was maybe nine to fifty. I didn't have the M but I had to pay a couple of people, all right, but I got you. I basically had the same M in all reality, right, And he's like cool. And then I flew to Europe for a couple of weeks. Last on you know, the Wizards to do what he does. And then I found out from the press. Wow and so but so anyway, so it was sad for me. But when Dame said was so real in the world of the reality of life. He said, Yo, Chris, nothing loss, it's like to nothing to do with you. Your family came to me, oh and they take They asked me to ask them what they want. They said a million dollars. I said, cool, So that difference made the difference, and I was like, I don't argue with that. M hm, I can't argue with that, right, So then I just asked a sons to what you want to do? He said, yo, god, yeah, let me do this. You know man, I was like, when you so you see seeing me walking out with that soggy, sad face. Because it wasn't about the money or nothing. I could have said, okay, how about two million, right, but I just felt like right, I just felt like, like, like you said, it wasn't it wasn't. It didn't belong there, you know what I mean. You don't want to be a hater, Yeah, I want to be like I'm stopping progress. Yeah, they kind of running the game. They got it. They shine and bright who won't wanted to be signed to rock Fell especially at that time, even you know, yeah, git niggas like, yo, that's that's it. You know what I mean, It's like, that's what it is. But I'm gonna tell you again. You could correct me if I'm wrong, But it wasn't that when I've seen it to you, it was you you with the wrong not not the wrong people meaning like the wrong people, but you I know how to make you sound exactly.
Speaker 3: I know, like that's that's what I was taking.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, I was like, I never said, I don't want to say I want to say. I want to say. Disappointment maybe is a word like that you were. I was super disappointed. Okay if you saw that, you know, they say a camera catch right now whatever, the camera catch a nigga as well, they say the camera see through your bullshit?
Speaker 3: Right because you had a vision. You had a vision for what he was gonna do.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: My vision wasn't only for his music, was for his life, right, right, You had a vision. People don't realize this. And I always got to throw something on top of things. You know me, as you know me, you know me, I'm doing on your whole show, But yo gee, how far you become from yourself? So let's say a nigga's two hundred pounds and now he's four hundred pounds. How much other shit other than himself? And he put on hisself? That's what a lesson says. How did he do it? It made him other than himself? Once you make you once, I canna make you other than yourself. I can make you suck that crack pipe like a motherfucker. Let's as they say, porky is pork is anything that makes you other than yourself, not just the exactly to meet exactly.
Speaker 3: Pork is anything exactly. Swine is something that makes you other than.
Speaker 1: Yourselther than yourself exactly, so you become you might not know you other than yourself? Right, you know what I mean? You sitting there, you.
Speaker 3: Don't even realize that, yo gee, you used.
Speaker 1: To be the mac daddy don and you're doing You're sitting you done fucked around and and saansing Us left with the light of for fucking eight months and now he's like the dick drain and muscles ain't working and the bitch cut his head. You other than yourself, and then you had to go back and pray to a law to get that stript back. But then he still got to do what dyeing his own iniquity. That's what a lesson says in Execus chapter three. It says, you can get a warning and you can save, but you still have to die your iniquity so other than itself. When I when I saw a song come out of the system, because a son is first of all, a song was flying, and most of the WOO members at first, A song almost brought Polo and Ballei the stat Now let's talk about it for a quick moment. Okay, A song is a nigga coming from Brooklyn, my cousin coming in with Bam Lamo Polo all the way down. Nigga and niggas are still bill blasts, and bill blasts might when Bill Blase I got somebody, okare you gotta get away? You know what I'm saying. A song is that guy. He was a song unique, He was flying. You know, he wasn't an old dirty bast. He became older. I gave him that name, and the materialized. I gave him that name for a different reason. We're talking about another time. But I didn't expect it to overtake him. That's why I said the word is powerful. But when he came out of the system, he wasn't neither right get out of jail. Okay, you know it wasn't wasn't neither none of those names. It was something else. And then when they then they didn't inurture to find and go back and find him. They didn't nurture. I think that's interesting what you said earlier. I think you said you had an apartment for him, but you said you had the gym fall. Yeah, exactly. I knew that he needed that. Most people come home from jail in shape shape, but that that that the people that come home that gain weight. I'm mainly depressed because jail food sucks. So that means they had to go to the commissary and eat all those dirty snacks, not just that. Yeah, like, do you know what I'm sugary snacks? You're right about that. No, you're right about because regular commsary I mean regular food sucks keep you in shape, though, Yeah, but it will keep you in shape, you know what I mean, because it's processed carbs. But if you go into the the you know, you know that's all common hydrogs are. That's what the oreos are. That's where the twinkies are. That's what all that is. So that's but that's that's a side of depression. Yeah, there's the side of the depression. Listen, A son unique don't belong in a cage. A song is one of the A son unique for all our listeners out there. Old Dirty was freedom put into a body, a large merciful He always sends something for us. If Old Dirty didn't exist, and the rest of the wool don't understand what freedom means, freedom of expression, Old Dirty was freedom itself, and he was. You know, if you've seen Old Dirty right now, If Old Dirty was coming back, if we were doing this interview right now and Dirty walked in, whatever he wanted to do is what is going to happen, and we're going to do. Cameras are nothing. None of that means nothing. If you had to piss and he came in and in this container right here, he would have did it and left and it would have just been like, that's that's what foppened. God damn, it would have been. Yo. He so the time he yo yo, he was driving on the on the on the Verrizonal Bridge turned this cost sideways, blocked traffic. Nigga, mind you he's driving with a forty I'm mighty had passed your seat hit in ninety. It's a dangerous ride, bro. But now he pulls, stops the whole traffic like a cop. Get out and take some piss, gets back in the car and drop the Yeah. God. So anyway, like I was saying, he was embodying the freedom. Now take a guy like that and put him in jail. Yeah, he couldn't take it. They said he tried to set himself on fire in jail. Shot it. I saw the documentary. He said, Oh did he tried to set hrself on fire in jail? He couldn't take that. This guy is free. So when he comes out, you're seeing let be suppressed energy. And then like you said, the hydros and the audios more that's now growing around here.
Speaker 3: Muted and muted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now he's now he's not the one man on a sawn no more. Right, So anyway, yeah, this is crazy. The other day, I's had an argument two people out of argument and they were saying, oh, what's alcohol, And it was like, man, sugar is ten times worse than alcohol, like because sugar sends you in a state of depression. You know what I mean, if you're strong enough, you could like just kind of like alcohol, alcohol turns into sugar. List like you got to drinking water.
Speaker 3: Now he went to the bathroom twice, has been there for four hours.
Speaker 1: Don't be listen, guys, question it's drink that I'm drinking. I'm drinking drink. So let's speak it that that famous incident, that famous that famous incident in the Grammy? Was it the Grammys where yeah song says who takes for the children? Yeah? Like what happened that time y'all didn't written the award? Yeah, I don't know the exact thing. I wasn't physically there, but he was. He said something that was actually profound. I mean, they gave the best hip hop album? Was a hip hop or rap? What's the category? Same ship to them they gave. They gave it to I think Pete Diddy at that time versus w Tan mhmm. It's like that don't make sense, right, No disrespect to their creativity and what they gained and all their record sells. It's almost like, uh, if I was shoot guys, right, now thank you no disrespect that he sold the most liketords out of all of us. If I told you who is the better rapper, Vanilla Ice or NAS, and somebody say Vanilla Ice, how you're gonna be And I ain't saying, I'm just saying, you know what you're saying, Vanila I sold more records than NAS. I get you exactly what you're saying. But who has the better album? I mean hip hop? Yeah, I mean who has the better hip hop's life? Who has the better hip not absolutely? Yeah, you're hip hop exactly Like so that's what God he was saying. It's like, yo, you know, for the Puffy is you're speaking for hip hop. Yeah, Puffy is good, Puffy's great, Puffy did what he did, but boutang, Yeah, you know what I'm saying, he says for the children, meaning he met like, Yo, it's better, right, It's better for you who tanks It's a better bet, you know what I mean? And and and do that ship. No, that's one thing that's freedom. Think about this. I don't know because I wasn't there, but this is imagine a fuss. Here's a guy in the audience that's not giving no announcement tonight. He's not scheduled for no appearance on the stage called O DV. Yeah, but he was dressed like it though he is, he's dressed shop he sees. He said, I spent three thousand hours on my suit. He said it on the mic. We got that. Remember that, here's a guy that's not you know, they got a list. He ain't scheduled on the list. How the fuck he get from his seat through the auditorium to the security to the mic to say he walk with Mariah Carey. I'm making this up. Okay, even if he did that, Okay, how did how how he is up on the stage, Well, he's like looking at that look at their qu sheets, like this is not in the show program the Kanye West been his ship? Yeah, Kanye say ye, Kanye said, Kanye did it this way right, Well, Kanye did it to tell Swift. Yeah, he did a tailor swim. But he walked from his seat right there in the front off the steps, right. Dirty had to do some ship like but we didn't know that.
Speaker 3: He wasn't even close. No, we'll know where he came from Rome.
Speaker 5: He's not even on the other.
Speaker 1: Shots of the camera. If you watched the whole episode of the show. You don't even see the shot go faster Thange. Listen, he poured some ship off only a free man could pull off. He's like fucked everything. Steve Rifkott said that he was. He Steve Wigan said that he was at his house him and his fire shot him up. That god damn. But anyway, because Steve lived on fifty Year Street like that town, and he said he came to his clip before and after. So that's a whole other story that would get from Steve one day. He don't drink. But anyway, the freedom of dirty was bottled up while he was in jail, and when he came out he was not hisself. And when he got to RockA Feller, he was not himself. And we never got a chance to build the full shedding of everything that was upon him, to let the unique a song blossom again. But we've been blessed through the through the mostary of a law that his son wyd B goes on tour with the wool like that. I like that, so before all performs all his father love is and that's another blessing for our family. I'm not gonna lie to you. I forget what because I went to the Paras show. I forget what other show. This wasn't on tour. This was like just a random who show you two wool shows I went to and I sent him on stage and I was like, yo, DP, he still got it. I was talking to myself like.
Speaker 3: What the I was like, Yo, that's a little bit because you you know, like he has is brand, like.
Speaker 1: He has the energy. And I'm meaning, I know it's O DB's son, but his he he, he embraces the characters so much that I don't call him O DBS son. I say, I call him O d B. But me saying that, like, I'm like, what a minute, that's that's kind of like crazy. So let's make let's take a shot for shot n Y d B mm hmm. Was about how much we got less we're about. I want to take this now.
Speaker 4: Okay, go first, I'm going to you, and I'm going after everybody because all right, cook, I don't.
Speaker 1: Need to be uncomfortlated. First off, you have so many movies, so many things that you scored, so many but let's talk about this. You've got a new new project. Yes, indeed, let's let's take a shot for it. First, take a shot. First, we're taking a shot to my new film. It's called One Spoon of Chocolate one and this is your film, my film directed, written, written, directed, directed, produced by my wife. Oh wow, you know what I mean? So double bum.
Speaker 5: Double.
Speaker 1: I mean you told me that your wife, she has two July way, she'd be here in a second. So, I mean, let's talk about that for a quick second. You talk about the movie. But the beauty of the power of the wisdom or the woman. Right, A lot of dudes, especially in our the generation before us, there was so many pimps, and that culture was the mindset of our people.
Speaker 3: We didn't recognize the value of the woman.
Speaker 1: There's like and there's a sample on Cuban Links where the God says, yeah, man, I keep a bitch. When I got a bitch, I keep a bit shaking. He said, I give her money, and I'm sorry, I'll give a clothes jewelry with no money. Because I give a girl money, she would lose her mind. Right, So the old school mindset was that don't give your woman the money. You control the money and let her just have some clothing and jury that's foolish, because who take care of your house? Who take care of the home. The woman who's gonna make sure the kids go to school and and put the kids in their proper clothing and their proper equate how's she gonna do that? She gotta wait for you to write to check, you know what I mean. So the jewel that people forgot is that kings don't build castles for kings. A king build a castle for the queen. That's right, you know what it is.
Speaker 3: King build.
Speaker 1: He felt that, He said, Yo, we don't build. We didn't building for ourselves. We go to war and do all the oils of war to bring back home to our wisdom. Because knowledge and wisdom bores what understanding understanding That means you the knowledge, you're the foundation. But you got to put it through the wisdom. The wisdom is the woman symbolic to what the womb. If you put it through the womb, you'll get a light. You put it in your hand. All these kids don't got girls. You put it in your hand and nothing gonna happen. You need that wisdom to carry that seat of life. But that seat of life is not just physical. Sometimes it's mental. Spiritual, economical, soul, shoot, metaphysical. There we go. So I want to just add that to the conversation because we wife's head too, right there, bong that wife.
Speaker 3: So let's take a shot to the wives.
Speaker 12: Shot to the wives, ma'am, nor we know already, but you know, yeah, yeah he's married to.
Speaker 3: I'm actually yeah married laughing ship.
Speaker 4: It's like, ask you between these guys, You're like, what do you mean.
Speaker 1: Which way? Yeah, No, I'm married, I'm married. But you agree with us absolutely, Yeah. You guys told me a coach. Brothers no one guy, Yo, that's even yo. We still we're gonna get your brothers. You thought you so bunk bunk so not. It's important though, y'all because our culture, yeah, is because we called missogynistic. Yeah, and then our women are now rapping harder than us. Girl, she's like yeah, she's yeah, they rapping for the deck now. So it's getting crazy. But we need to know that as a position. That's why it says the sun and the moon having attracting power over our planet. When the lesson says that, they're saying that the planet is your life or your child's life. And the mother and the father both have attracting powers and influential powers over that planet. And if they grow that planet right, they grow health healthy. But if they they don't grow it right, it's going to go through rain health. Not on earthquakes, they said, they continue every day. The Earth travels at the speet of one thousand and thirty seven one thirty miles per hour as it's moving around the sun. Right, but yet the ideas is drawing up into the Earth's rotation, which is called gravitation. When you think about that, though the child ideas is took it in by the mother, what happens when the father's not there? It ruins the gravitational Pope, Now she got to try to explain the mathematics of the sun. The moon is there is what to reflect the light of the sun, not to be the light of the son. We grew a part of single parent where our mothers had to be the man and the woman. She had to be the knowledge and wisdom. And she can't do that like she did the best she can and thanks to us or thanks, I'll say thanks in my life we canna say thanks to the mathematics that the father. That's why we called the father the father. Because yeah, he became a father to brothers who didn't have a father. He gave him that knowledge. Because that's not to start calling on the father. I didn't know that. No, they called her the father because he was the father of that idea. Ok So the father of an idea, father means one who furthers or father. That's why I said, he took you father, he took you father. And also in the first the opening of the Quran, what's the first chapter of the Koran? Anybody the father to her the far the beginning of the father. Yeah, so that's where you get this father from. But still he furthered our education. So he became the father of us. But also even that's a spiritual but even the mental and the physical thing. He becomes your father because you don't got your father there. And tell you the basic science that knowledge means to know, to look, to listen, to observe, and to respect. Now you may know something but you ain't listen. Listening is not observing. Observing and seeing it's two different things. You could see it, but you didn't observe it. And you can do all those things and not respect it. And you're going to have a problem if you don't complete every action of knowledge, and then that leads to our wisdom. So these type of things, these type of things are important. We're going back to our wives. They're the wisdom. So that knowledge goes through the wisdom, the wisdom. It's not just a wise dome, because you have to have a wise dome. Dome means what domain. You got to have something wise and where you domain at. Your domain must have wise and wisdom in it or it ain't gone. But if you have that knowledge and you get to that wisdom, wisdom they say also the accumulation of experience, those experiences you put in your woman. Even when a man makes love to his woman, he's putting his accumulated experience into it. That spung cell that travels inside your woman before it made your child. You got children's, yeah, children, the spung cell. The scientists have already looked at it.
Speaker 4: It has.
Speaker 1: One molecule of air. So this molecule of air, now what is the soun surprised of hydrants in the head, right, So you have a molecule of air that comprises all these gases of air, and that air I said in one of my lyrics. But I'll just give you some of them. Hydrogen and helium, xenon, freeon are gone. You know what I mean, carbon, you know what I mean, oxygen. These are all it's mainly eight main gases. I put it in the lyrics so so brothers could study that. They don't listen to me, they won't hit my beats. But I put it in there so we can know that now, this, this, this, this organic life is carrying a molecule of that to a cloud of blood that your woman has thirty days of her life eating, smoking, drinking or better not eat smoking, whatever she's doing her thirty days of her life, she's accumulating all that energy and it went down to this egg waiting in the cloud of blood. And then you, when you're having sex with your woman, you take that sexual energy all that is coming in when you feel that first that that's what I'm not making this up. When you come, when you feel that firstphor you you feel it here first, bro, when you when you come came, we agree. Man. When you have an orgasm, when you feel it that first here before it goes here, it triggers in your mind first, It's like, damn, that's euphoria. Okay, euphoria Okay, I respect that I was saying. So now it went from a gas to a liquid, and the travels is a liquid. Now the spum cell knows where it goes. M it's not like where the going.
Speaker 3: He's headed to a direct.
Speaker 1: Destination upstream like a salmon. Don't want the barby said salmon. Saying salmon like a salmon, I said, right, I did a stea. It travels, It travels upstream knowing where it's going bro to reach the egg. And when it gets there, you notice not to get too deep on it, but you can cut it out. You want to cut it when it gets to anything. Whatever you do to do, whether you do that something to you when it gets to the egg. Right, only when the first get there about nice for themselves?
Speaker 4: Make it.
Speaker 1: One guy's leading though, he's like, I can do it. He gets there right? Who say boat? Yeah? Who save boat? Hit the boat of lighting in there? When he goes in? What do the other a sponge shells do? They give up? Non cipher, They surround the informal corona help him out. They formed the eight points of the sun brother, and they stop anything else from entering he's in there, ball, he's in a He's like, yo, you always that getting busy kids. So so say that. So the sperm cell nose where to go. But even more deeper that we don't pay attention to the ex cell knows where to wait. It's not like it's waiting over here, nigga. It's like I'm waiting for you right here, this strong motherfucker that could bring me those chromosomes. I'm waiting for it. Right behind your head. Right now, I see two X chromosomes. Look at that. No, no, right right behind, right behind you know it X so so so in the in the body, the female body, there's this two X chromosomes. I'm speaking of the major way, not going through all the different twenty but majorly it's two xs and and the man though he has an X and a Y. The X in mathematics is the twenty fourth letter, and it's known. It's the symbol for what is unknown. This is why we have to use X as a multiplication. So when this spun is going Muslims, they would say, Malcolm X is because he didn't know his last name. His last name was the slave man. Right, Okay, you get this point Okay, so you get that x though, and it's also a multiplication, So when that spum hits that egg, it's gonna be a multiplication. The chances of it being a man is three to one because you have her have two x.
Speaker 3: Three to one.
Speaker 1: So that's why people are celebrating a man. Yeah, chances likely, No, it's not likely. It's three the one chance you're gonna get a man. Wow, I didn't know. One chance you can get a woman. Nos. Three chances for one for a woman, one chance for a man, which is natural because you need in order for population to multiply, you need women. If you get a guy, you get a bunch of guys. Stop playing, Stop playing, bast let's not playing basketball.
Speaker 4: In a lot of and a lot of people, like a lot of different cultures, they celebrate the man because obviously that's not the norm.
Speaker 1: Right because the man is what we call the life giver, right, But the woman is the life receiver. She receives that life, She receives all your bullshit bro good and bad, and she takes that to that spun And when that spungsor hits that excel, it delivers all your data and information of you. It also delivers what you was thinking. But within it, like I was trying to say, there's a molecule of air and that's the one spark of energy. That spark of energy is gonna now of course everything because it's organic and and organic is happening. And when its as a bomb, it's like a bomb. It's the big bang. Uh. Scientists called it the Big Bang theory. But in this form it is the same. No, I believe it. Yeah, the Big Bank theory happens there because once that sponsor hits that and it starts multiplying how many cells does a human body? Starts producing trillions? How many stars we have? Exactly? So a law is the greatest. A law started with the thought of it. Put that thought, that energy and that organic atom and inorganic matter sent that through and bring forth this new life. Now we started this by saying the woman and being the queen, and why we build our castles is because yo, gee, that's the That's why the brothers call it the Earth right, and the lessons say the planet Earth is the home of Islam. Says take that for a second, or you've met that lesson before. Brothers okay said, the planet Earth is the home of Islam. Islam is the avag word that means what anybody but the Islam peace exactly. The earth is the home of peace. Were not in peace on Earth because all the other planets are not the home of peace the other planets. You gotta send a spaceship to Mars to get a sample of dirt, the hope you find an organic life. You might find a little molecule or some shit like bang bung here a nigga, I could call on a piece of bread, throw it in the closet and the whole tree ll grow out of it. Nigga, this is the home of Islam. Okay, I'm gonna go too deep on that. But anyway, but your woman is considered your earth because through her all possibilities are there. So we don't fight war or work every day or do everything for our own We do it as a king to build a castle for our queen, so we could give birth to a prince. I call all my sons and my nephews, my nephews over there right now listening if if if he answered the phone right now, Young divine you over there, can you year me if I call you on the phone, what do I say to you first, what I call you peace, prince. I'm gonna know he's a prince, yo, his father is a king. I'll do the same to my sons, and I'll do the same to your sons, because this journey is only made of kings and queens. Took a shots the kings and queens to the kings and queens, bomb bomb to the kings, all right, talking about loyalty or respect, and then we want to get into your movies and loyalty of respect, loyalty, loyalty, No, sorry about that.
Speaker 3: We cut that edit that pull the liquor, yea, lordy of respect both. We're going back down it. Then we're gonna bro.
Speaker 1: This is an this one is uh yeah, we're going down. We need to go down. We're gonna la.
Speaker 3: That's a ramic ship. Ain't say nothing, but that ship is mad strong.
Speaker 4: I think I'm a little envious.
Speaker 1: So we went.
Speaker 3: We went and bought some though, right we feel like I feel like they had three shots.
Speaker 1: That I should have had six. Yeah, we bought, we bought more. I need something to sir. We're going to the beach for that you're doing. They call me child, Well, I like that why I picked lordy and respect because you know, first of all, if you got lord he and no respect, where the fuck you at you? Like I'm down with you some but I don't like you. Like I'm fucking with you, my nigga, but I can't wait to fucking step over you. Lord.
Speaker 3: Respect is a nigga that loyal to you but can't wait to.
Speaker 1: Take your position. Lord, have respectus. He's loyal and he respect your position. But expect what I lost you. I respect you. I respect you by a nigga. I can't wait. Let these niggas kill you. This is the best is the best answer. Let's be real, though, Let's be real. You need both of those. We need both. We need both of those.
Speaker 3: So so now let's let's let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: This movie.
Speaker 4: I want to get before the movies here because this we're gonna I know, I want to rap. I can't hear with something, bro, let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: Listen to this. I know I already said this is you. This is the first Wu Tang show in Miami.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. That's the flyer. Take a look at that show that that was like twitter back then. He passed it to me. This is the ancient Twitter. Look at this. Listen to me, agent Twitter, it is it is. It is ancient, ancient, ancient.
Speaker 3: To me personally, as ap Pad, this is full circle for me.
Speaker 1: That's a blessing to be a fan. You were there. I was absolutely asking. Yeah, I wanted to have a fly. I was in there, bro, But look at look at the list. Okay, it's Wu Tang Clan right. Exclusive performance. It says Miami Hip Hop ninety four. Right, Mother Superior, Yep. I see that. I get the Mother Superior. What's that that's above her? Below? Now she's there somewhere, Mother Superior very well. Anyway, it says in association with all right. It starts off with I ain't gonna be the whole ship, all right, but anyway, Miami Hip Hop nineteen ninety four Part one, Exclusive performance of Wu Tank, Exclusive performance of Wu Tang Clan, also performing live Dimmy D. You know Dimmi D. He knows and you don't know, no kid, Fucky Black snows Yep in the Nation in the hoods. That's Dope, Mother Superior Superior x x x E S Wait wait the first x.
Speaker 3: Yes, solid waste, Solid waste, that's Paul right.
Speaker 1: And more.
Speaker 4: Remember and read the venue the venue fat by DJ Chris shout out, that's DJ Classic now.
Speaker 1: Misspect Wednesday, February ninth, nineteen ninety four at the spaces Maha templelf A Mahi Temple or the twelve year that's crazy, you know, so beautiful? Though? Is that?
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember that at all? Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: All? I remember coming up? Damn, I'm drying, hey, but I started making that. Yeah, certain syllables. Just leave your mouth for your drinking. The awe and the W are very challenging.
Speaker 3: But I remember comeing to Miami. But don't ruin my flyer please, I'm sorry, guys.
Speaker 1: Just a gift, No, not at all. Okay, this is what you got? What else you got it?
Speaker 4: I gotta'll give me one more, one more. I bought this tape. That's the first WHU Tank record I bought. And then I and then my brother Paul Dreams Tan Sports.
Speaker 1: I said, now that's new, kid.
Speaker 3: Now that's new. He gave me this as a gift recently, man, thank you, brother and grave. I bought that myself as well. And this this is the time that older the bastard turned over.
Speaker 1: You was here. Of course I was there. You know the story, what I know the story? They called me, they called me after listen, wait what look at this? Okay, you want that story, get this, tell us the story. But how are you gonna call me fen the whole time? That? Hold on?
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 1: So now, black black dudes always short.
Speaker 3: Anybody do you know that once the black guy.
Speaker 1: Get to know you short after four hours, I'm like, yeah, I mean, I mean, now it tells us. I don't know what you talking about.
Speaker 3: This was an incredible What is this?
Speaker 1: If it.
Speaker 4: Was this that, it's not really it's actually not really on the fly, Yeah, Kelly was there, if I remember right, this is the woman are bastard turned the speakers.
Speaker 1: Into the table. Yeah yeah, he threw them over. Yeah okay, okay, look.
Speaker 4: Look even if it's not this this story, I was there for that one as well. Even if it's not this flyer.
Speaker 1: He the story, okay, e f N, I would because I was like, it was flowing. Let me let me take him moment, let me take this, Let me take you saying I'm good. Take them on, Broy, Listen, I love watching you. Let me just give you some shot. We've been giving the guards so shot hit the Michael, but it put the put the light on him. I really appreciate you, yo, your your poise, your reaction, your knowledge, your experience with hip hop culture and everybody that every guest that you make them feel like like you're like like it's almost like your your timing and your punchlines. Whether it's editing or not, we don't edit. Really, it's good, bro, And I know you know argument. I had to look at my eyes. You see him and I saw that. But but you know what, I love it. We punt that, we punt that. I won't comment on that.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I'm right with that.
Speaker 1: That's one of the movies. Now. Yeah know, let me let me, let me let me go to the story and talk about the o dB story. You can talk about it. No, I was there. I was there. I know that I wanted. I was want to say on the microphone so people see me and my wife is like nigga flag. But I appreciate you, bro, thank you. Appreciate you extremely for what you started in when you started in the culture and be both TV don't exist no more without you, yes us yeah, yeah, but listen to ob sty your chamber adds a lot to this bo let me know that. Okay, okay, and I might five and I might no, no, brand, it's going fast forward time, he said, you wind got fast forward? Hold on, who's this guy? Who's that right there? Look at you? I know that guy. That's what that's my man right there, that's you might get to know he's the boy. That's that's the rock. Now he's want to see why you want to even you're still living on? Yeah, I like it. That's when I was bleaching, you know what, don't lead? Why I go?
Speaker 4: Why I go?
Speaker 3: Let's take a shower. Want to ask questions? Why is it green and black?
Speaker 1: Like the monster? This this version of the rough draft. These are the real let's get one together. It has nothing to do with the monster, but everything watch the green and black both Wait what what everything is? Nigga? The niggas took shipping the can. Look at the cat this monster that is not I know, shot my niggaho.
Speaker 3: We're praying which folks, Who's who had the first promotion?
Speaker 1: Monster? Yeah? Together, I was like, no, we got a great idea for your brother.
Speaker 3: I got a great idea. What we're gonna do is green and no hold on, no disrespect for my brother.
Speaker 1: Know who He's gonna get mad at me, and I gotta left my waist and get my strength up. I've been drinking, so I might have to face this. When I face it, I'm gonna say it it. I'm going you ready, Yeah, I would love to see ghost face on that box. Those faces, those faces are we want yo, Let's get ghodst face on the box. Yeah. Respect, yeah, no, big back, Tony Be. I don't know my kung food so you know that, but I can see your face on the box and it's a great person, a great partner.
Speaker 3: I've seen ray Quan the other day. His ship like he had the se girl is big?
Speaker 1: Did we wind? No? What's the plan is that? Brother? And I was so you think Rake Walker give you his face? I think I think way you go? So Ray, I bet you on the spot, go so ray for me?
Speaker 3: You say we want if you say, goes Ray Kwan for the be wine box.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 1: Makes one more time and that's it. We never did we talk about no no, so about the movie. You don't take the picture an yea. The story of the story. Look now you're good. Now you're doing the story with the story was O d B. No, we did the story. I didn't say it.
Speaker 3: No you'll need it, don't need it. We need all the story.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, you didn't say sorry, so we need that story. That's anyway. So so so method Man and Red Man's performing. It's in Miami, so we and my man. No, that's Princess Club. You did all Yeah. Now, who's controlling the whole party that night?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan Death Jam is controlling the whole party.
Speaker 1: But is it this one? I don't know Jam talking about its Depth Jam's party. Okay, yeah, okay, all right, so method Man Red Man is signed to Depth Jam Campleton, I remember, I remember that, like its signed the Depth Jam.
Speaker 3: I remember that came to the film disrespected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy came with okay, but old b is not Yo came death Cham. Okay, So now, because because you're gonna make you all enough was mad? Meth don't get mad a lot by what we do, but he was a little mad about this because he really felt like it was a little bit, a little bit beyond the boundaries.
Speaker 3: What was beyond the boundaries?
Speaker 1: Okay? If listen, Odie B. Is known for destroying your show. If you if you talked the Quest Love and them right now, they'd be like, oh yeah, remember that night Odi B came. Yeah, he took over the show, ended it, party was over. You go to Flavor Public and I mean anybody. Old B is known for coming. He's yeah, he's not part of the bill.
Speaker 3: He's a strange shows, he said, and she's a show destroyed.
Speaker 1: One night he brought me towards shows and destroyed. Yeah. He's like, yo, God call me, meet me. I met him. He was like, Yo, let's go fuck these niggas up. And I'm like, you know, it's like, I'm old with him. I'm with him. I'm with him. We go up and we destroyed the show. He's like this, he said, this sh ain't real enough. You know me, Kielly. One night, Yeah, it's fighting over the remember that. Yes, yes he did it. Old B would come to your ship and in Miami he got jumped. Listen you know that, right, listen, hold on after if it ain't what he wants, he's gonna if he don't feel it, he's gonna suck it up. That night, Meth and Red was doing this ship Cableton was next because I got oldie story and I got myth story Meth, and they did with methic on who was to not MEPhI Red Man but O d B. I guess he wanted to be part of it that night and it was Meth because he can't be he can't do it in the world. It's like, but he felt like, I guess me. I don't know what Meth did to him. Meph was like he tried to like telling them, Chelse said. Odib was kind of little zoned out, you know what I mean. It was a little bit on e, a little bit past the level, but he wanted to get on there. I was like, nah, don't let the god on. The guard is not and they didn't let him on, and they did that ship but whatever, they leave his fucking state and they let odi be ond like these niggas haven't let me on, and they came with his next that ship. All this shit is weak. And he went on and he got see I mean before the show ended. Though. He did this because they won't let him on, they said before they show. He went on stage and he turned the turntables off over No, he brought the fingers down. Bro hold on. First, he started with the turntables. He turned the DJ set over, start pulling down speakers, was saying like, yo, fuck this show. Who tangs the best? Was yo? He came to this. Everybody's like he look, he didn't even on the bills, Like like we look at the bill, his name is not there. He says, happen to be in Miami. Nothing. Man's brother is happy to be performing, and he's like, oh ship, I'm gonna sucking my brother and I'm gonna take over the show. He's also known for that the ODB would come to your ship in a good way. If I did the show when ODB showed up, niggad gonna take a thirty minute break because he's gonna do this ship and they gonna love it. And I'll be like when he finished finish it, Hey, I come back, I'll do my ship that night. They didn't let him more. They was like no psightpher God, and he was like no cipher, no, no cipher. He threw speakers on the floor. It was and we all witnessed it. So that's the ODB start anyway, shot the ODB hell bress B all right, So let me get my best space Offseaell, this business is big business. Now I'll be going big business. You reccon, No, you don't know. You know good and you directed written and directed by the Rizzard. So it's not like it's not like the show is in the middle, you know what I mean. We didn't have all this shit in our sister and we're gonna get our tea up. We get like, this is professional. This movie cost ten million dollars to make. The name of the movie it's called One Spoon of Chocolate. So this movie started like this. I've been good in life. Life is good. I love it. Some assets and me and my wife was looking for maybe another place to another real estate. We've been doing good in real estate, so we thought we about another house. We saw a beautiful house. It was like Bama Lama. It was like the waterfall was from the ceiling in the pools. I like it. Yeah, yes, yeah, I like it. You know what I mean. California too, don't think about the fires. So we saw in the house was like Bama lamb. I was like, yo, yeah, I could build a studio right there. No steps. It's like more like it's like a dormitory type of studio for forty nine thousand square feet. Very beautiful place. Thank you. Hey, Bang Bong got a witness. I got a witness. Now it was real and I was like, wow, this is beautiful baby. But let me ask you a question. You want to buy a new house or make a movie. And she looked at me, It's like, well, what do you want to do. I was like, make a movie. She's like, okay, let's make a movie. So she killed her idea, enrolled with my idea, and so and this happened through the New York State of mon tour, all my ones up, you know what I mean. And on the back of the bus, I just kept writing. I started the script thirteen years ago after I made a movie called Man with the Aientist. I started writing this script, and even the executives of Universal, the executives at Universal, my man, Adam Foguson was its chief executive, and I was like, Adam, I got a couple of ideas for my next film. Because May with Iphish it wasn't a smash, but it made its money back and everybody made a few million hours, mind you, a few million hours. And the movie business is not good. It's cool it's just like we didn't lose money. Yeah, pay the janitors because you need to make a hundred to make two hundred. That's yeah. But still nobody lost money fucking with me. So you get another chance to dance. And so I told Adam. I was like, I got a couple of ideas. I started pitching these ideas, but the one that he said that sounded like it had market value was this one spoon of chocolate. And so he said, he taught me, you know, chase chase that. I said, cool. He taught me chase that wurs okay. Continue. So I leave and I started chasing it and I get stuck at page forty. That's that I've made two other movies. Bro, I got stuck for ten years at page forty. After two other movies. My brother Paul Hall. Paul Hall, you may know Paul Hall from you did a lot of Tyler Perry. Oh, Paul Hall did a lot of John Singleton Cheff Higher Learning. So Paul was that producer that guided John Singleton through and I met him because there was another movie. He was like, they let lions get hired. Lions get hired me to do a movie. And Paul was producing, and Bunk Bung and me and Paul was there right. So anyway, now we get to a point, you know, twenty fifteen, I started writing the Garrett when this movie, and I get twenty more pages and Bama lama froze again. Nothing. It's like, I don't know to do this movie. I don't know how to finish it. I don't know where they're going. I'm stuck. And then we just go. But then the writers' strike happened. They might know when the writer strike a few years ago. I want to New York state of my tour. I just asked my wife what you want to do. She said, make a movie. I started digging through all my my ideas. I got like twenty ideas. I got twenty pages, ten pages, eighty pages, five pages in this one. I read to her. She said, I like where that's going. She didn't know where I was going to end, but I like where it's going. And I eventually uh on a tour. On the back of that tour bus, my wife on one pollow, me and one pillow, I wrote the whole movie. By the end of the tour, I had it, We had the economics, we had some other Financial Partners. That was down with me, and we went and made this movie. It's called One Spoon of Chocolate. It's gonna premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival, New York City, New York City. Shout out with It's gonna premiere June eighth at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City. One Spool of Chocolate June eighth, New York, York City, Tribecca Film Festival, World pamea come fuck with us. Boom, yeah, oh, I like that. I got yo. I ain't gonna lie. I fly back on a.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials. That's at drink Champs across all platforms.
Speaker 3: At the Real.
Speaker 4: Norrie go on, I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj E f N on Twitter and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com