Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty and no Hee Armstrong and Getty. So I just thought this was an interesting little insight to where we are not surprising. We've talked about it a lot with the current president still happened seventy five days left as leader of the free world. These are the jokes they opened with on Morning Joe on MSNBC Today.
Speaker 2: President Biden addressed the nation for the first time since Trump won the election. Democrats are like, well, I guess at this point, we can let him.
Speaker 1: Speak again, let him tell, well, let's God.
Speaker 2: Help during his peace Biden said, you can love your country only when you win. Then he said, but since I didn't win or lose, I can do whatever the hell I want.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, it doesn't matter. I'm inviting that baby's leg hair.
Speaker 2: Biden also try to comfort Democrats by saying, the America of your dreams is calling for you to get back up, and Biden said, now, excuse me, I need to go take a nap.
Speaker 1: While many expected a speech about the peaceful transfer of power and moving on old Joe had another idea. He had a major announcement up his sleeve. I'm saying a race. We're gonna tell him, man, So so is that just where we are? It's it's just we just openly mock the leader of the free world, or the leader of the world really for being old and out of it and irrelevant. And I mean even the left is doing that. It's just we all know, he's just his mind doesn't work, and he's tired, and he barely knows what day it is, and he doesn't even know who won the election. But ah, isn't it? Is that just that seems that I don't know. I guess that's the way we're gonna wrap this up. Yeah, yeah, that is exhibit A in one of the two really interesting tectonic plate shifts that I think this election had made clear. One is what the hell is the Democratic Party and can they reform themselves? But the other one is new media versus old media, the world of podcasting, alternative media like ourselves for instance, and the alphabet networks and the cable news guys and the rest of it. And a case has been made quite eloquently, and to me, I mean it's just the jury doesn't even need to retire to the jury room. That the mainstream media was utterly dishonest about Joe Biden and his senility, and then when it became so inescapably clear, everybody had to admit it. They immediately switched to the incredibly unpopular, never elected to a national office. Kamala Harris is a political genius and everybody knows it, and she's below and that people noticed it, and the legacy media is hurting for certain. But on the other as it's dressed by uh, Jeff Bezos that his first name. Yeah, for some reason, I didn't sell right Bezos in the Washington Post right before the election. You know, you change things, We're going to be complete, completely irrelevant and dominated by podcasts and whatnot. So he gets it, and there's a chance some good changes come out of all this. Yeah. If I had a choice between, say I had some sort of cause that I really really wanted to pitch, or I wanted to get elected to something, and you gave me a choice between the front page of the Watch Washington Post or Joe Rogan, please, right, I wouldn't even think about it. I wouldn't even ask anybody's advice. So that's one of the interesting tectonic plates shifts that's become apparent and will be interesting to see. Oh, by the way, if you get a chance to recommend the Armstrong You Getty show or podcast of friends, do it, which I that'd be lovely. We're in dire strait, so oh my lord, my wife she spends and she spent kidding. She's one of the most practical women who's ever existed on the planet. God bless her anyway. The other super interesting tectonic shift is what is the Democratic Party? And I use the term the say no crats last hour because I've come across a couple of died in the world Democrats, including maybe we'll start with this. I don't know how to pronounce the man's name. It's are you why his last name is to Shera? But is that Roy? Is that like a Hispanic version of Roy? Or is it Ruy or I don't know. So no, no disrespect to mister Riff for not knowing how to pronounce his name. But his his sub stack blog article column thing he is called the Liberal Patriot and his article today is the shattering of the Democratic Coalition and it's time to face the fact. And man is he thorough. He goes through well, he starts with the whole the obligatory calling your opponents fascists and Nazis, and how ugly and stupid that is as a strategy, and then he goes into just an astounding set of statistics about how Harris underperformed Biden among men and women. The reason there was such a big gender gap was, well, she performed Biden way worse among men than she underperformed among women. But she underformed underperformed both and Blacks and Hispanics and Asian Americans and young people and except for the sixty five plus woman crowd, old people, everybody, but like middle aged and white college aged educated women. I mean, like everybody, but that group that is so enamored with calling everybody Nazis and totally into critical race theory and transgender. You know, men can be birthing persons, menstruating little boys. That crowd, I mean, that's like the only ones. And then he gets too and this is why I coin the term canocrats. He writes, here's an idea to start with, have every democrat ostentatiously say they subscribe to the following principles, and he says these principles would signal to normy voters, particularly working class voters of all races, the Democrats values and priorities are not so different from theirs. So prerequisite for getting these voters to listen to Democrats pitch and take it seriously. So here it is every Democrat has to say they subscribe to the following principles. Equality of opportunity is a fundamental American principle. Equality of outcome is not. America is not perfect, but it is good to be patriotic and proud of this country. Well, I see, I agree with this stuff, But like that first one, you're never going to get a Democratic candidate or people running for the nomination to say that out loud, not a chance. Then the Democratic Party will die. That's his point. The only way the Democratic Party saves itself is by and there's no reason to say go back to because you know, there's no such thing as going back to restore the core principles of America to the core principles of the Democratic Party, or they will die. What did I see? I mean fitting in with that a little bit. Elon tweeted it out yesterday, I think the number was Kamala had something like seventy five billionaires on her side, and you know, everybody acts like Elon's the only billionaire and he put the he wait in for Trump and that made the difference. And the billionaires don't want to pay their fair share. Okay, But back to to SHARE's list. Discrimination and racism are bad, but they are not the cause of all disparities in American society. Racial achievement gaps are bad and we should seek to close them. However, they are not just due to race, and standards of high achievement should be maintained for people of all races. Do you hear that California? You hear that Oregon, Washington eliminating any sort of test to get a high school diploma. No one is completely without bias, but calling all white people racists who benefit from white privilege in American society as a white supremacist society is not right or fair. God, I hope this is dead? Is it dead? Is the whole anti racist Ebram Kenny thing? Is it over? Was it just an unfortunate blip that I had to live through where you talk about crap like white privilege? And the more you deny your white privilege, the more it's proof you've got it, and all that crap. I sure hope it will be eventually. But you know, as I have pointed out before, the problem is that we've almost got the opposite problem of like the Japanese soldiers who hadn't heard about the surrender and we're stuck in the jungles with their guns waiting to fight again. We've got the opposite thing. We have tens of that hundred millions of young people being churned out of an education system that is teaching this stuff one hundred percent as much as they were two three, four years ago. Everybody else has realized, oh, this is poison and it's wrong, but not our education system. So we've got like millions of Japanese soldiers coming out of their military academies looking for the fight, which is why we're we're at the end of the beginning. And that's it. More from this list of things every Democrat must sign on to or they're going to die as a party after a word from our friends, and there's stuff about patriotism and supporting the military too, like Warrior Foundation, Freedom Station they're celebrating their twenty year anniversary anniversary. You've heard us talking for years about this great foundation near and dear to us. They do wonderful work. Oh yeah, We've helped raise millions of dollars for Warrior Foundation and happy to do it. The countdown is onto their annual Freedom Station Givethon, which takes place next Thursday. So this holiday season, consider making a donation to fly ill and injured Marine soldiers and sailors home for the holidays. Everyone deserves to spend the holidays with their loved ones, especially those who so bravely sacrificed for our country. And we've seen at firsthand how Warrior Foundation continues to make a huge impact in the lives of our warriors with your continued support. So consider making a tax deductible donation next Thursday, November fourteenth at Warrior Foundation dot org. Not only are they flying our ill and injured fighters home for the holidays, they're building a third transitional housing property. Is fabulous work. Go to Warrior Foundation dot org to donate. Make sure you get the name right Warrior Foundation dot org. Talking about Warrior Foundation and the fact that Veterans Day is coming up reminds me I do want to talk a little bit about the unsettled world Trump is about to inherit and the different directions a couple of things could go. But more on that later. So back to Tishaar's piece, which is so good and a lot of it follows the same kind of ab form and I get why like this one. America benefits from the presence of immigrants and no immigrant even if illegals should be mistreated. So he starts with the disclaimer on all of these to make it a little more palatable for DS. But border security is hugely important, as is an enforceable system that fairly decides who can enter the country. Then he talks about police brutalities bad. However, more and better policing is needed to get criminals off the streets and secure public safety that cannot be provided by defunding the police. And then he touches on uh oh, and I love this, love this, love this. People who want to live as a gender different from their biological sex should have that right. However, biological sex is real and space is limited to biological women in areas like sports in prisons should be preserved. Medical treatments like drugs and surgery are serious interventions that should not be available on demand, especially for children. Then he gets into language policing and a very sane view of climate change, including the fact that we're gonna need fossil fuels. He says, we must make America more equal, but we must also make it richer. There's no contradiction between the two. A richer country will make it easier to promote equality, and he goes on and on. So watching this battle unfold, it's like a civil war on the left side of the aisle. I think reality bats last. As you pointed out many times, Jack, I like the sane side to win that fight for the Democratic Party, but man, it's going to be a bloody civil war. Got some more information on that giant Chinese hack of all our cell phones, the biggest hack in US history. China currently can listen to your phone calls and read your text like today. Did you know that They've been doing it for like a year, So we don't even actually know. We don't know if we can ever boot them out of our cell phone systems. We don't know how to do it, or if we ever can. I mean, it's the most underreported story in America right now. But a new angle on that and a bunch of other stuff on the way stay here.
Speaker 3: Armstrong Hetti, a prosecutor's office in Argentina, announced criminal charges today against three people in the death of Liam Payne, the former One Direction singer, fell from a hotel balcony in Buenos Aires last month. Authority say Pain had traces of alcohol, cocaine, and antidepressants in his system when he died. One of the suspects is a hotel worker, Authoriti say, another is a drug dealer. The third is someone who had been accompanying Pain during his stay in Buenos Aires.
Speaker 1: So I've been surprised at how much attention this story has gotten because One Direction is a boy band that broke up quite a few years ago, and other than Harry Styles, I didn't know anybody knew the names of any of those people. And then one of them jumps to his death off a balcony, out of his mind on drugs and booze a couple of weeks ago, and the amount of news coverage you got, all your mainstream news has gone with it for weeks now and updates. But I do find this angle interesting, whether you know who the guy was or not. How the hell do you possibly determine blame in situations where he got people, everybody's partying like crazy, out of their minds high, and one guy who's depressed jumps off a balcony. I mean, I just I don't. I can't imagine how you nailed down people who are at fault for that or whatever. I don't know. I'm sympathetic to the idea that there's liability there, and certainly if they are poisoned, which is different from like an overdose, in that you gave them a substance you mis represented what you were giving them, that's a poisoning, not an overdose. His cause of death seems to have been gravity. Yeah, well, yeah, I don't right, as I said, extremely as I said at the time, and I regret he went one direction down and I was really beating up pretty harshly for that, as was appropriate, as was appropriate. But yeah, I was jumping off the balcony that killed him. But I don't know. Can you imagine trying to sort out that sort of a mess on who's to blame? It's like you're gonna be charged with I don't know, I know that happens. Well, I also don't know anything about argentinium laws, but I am happy that it's some places in California to your point, and around the country. They're now charging people. You give somebody a fentanyl pill and they die, you murdered them, right, Yeah, which is good. But if you need more of that, someone's super distraught and drinking and taking drugs for on a binge for weeks at a time, and they jump off a balcony, how would you possibly nail down I don't know. I guess we'll see how that trial turns out. The Chinese are listening, can listen to your phone calls today. I was talking to my kids about this yesterday and my son said, and he is correct, Why would the Chinese have any interest in what I'm saying on my phone call? Well, they probably don't, but you suppose they're recording them all some sort of terabytes of because I said, for one thing, we don't know what you're going to be someday, if you're a police chief or a politician or a who knows what, and then they've got something on you that they can use for blackmail. I mean, that's one of the reasons that they're doing it. How about all your texts over the last year, anybody got any texts out there of any kind that you'd rather not have be shared with the world, China adds them, Yeah, yeah, And now I am fairly certain, based partly on conversations I've had with folks in the counter intelligence business and partly just my own surmising, but China absolutely has probably some sort of color coded or some sort of code of Americans based on what they do and who they are and how they could conceivably be useful to the Chinese Communist Party. And then I'm sure they cross reference with and this is fairly easy to do with computers, people who say things that are clearly you know, blackmailable. Well, how about so, once again to bring up the twenty twenty eight presidential election, way too early. Every single person that's going to run for president in twenty twenty eight, on both sides, try to be a nominee. China has their phone calls and texts of the last year. I think there's anything in there for any of those governors or senators or mayors of small towns or whatever that are going to run for president that the Chinese could use as blackmail or embarrassment or something well right, and if you have blackmailable, slash embarrassing material, that's you know, that's coded in your software or whatever, and then in five years you cross reference that with who works for an aerospace company. Oh and I left out one of the headlines. The federal government told the whole bunch of federal employees yesterday to don't do anything sensitive on your phones anymore. So back to paper and pen. I guess that's something armstrong and getty.
Speaker 4: I'm done crying. My sadness is over. My anger has set in. I am a very petty person, and I am very proud of that. Love it about myself. Actually, and so I say this in the most disrespectful way possible. I don't care if you are my family. I don't care if we've been friends our entire lives. You can literally go for yourself. If you voted for Donald Trump, if you are so sad about your groceries being expensive, get a better paying job, do better in life, get a education, do something because you're stupid, And I hope you go jump off of a fire bridge.
Speaker 1: That's a professor at a college. Holy cow. So if I'm a Democrat, my feeling is we can either play that crowd, continue to play that crowd and hope for the best the Twitter crowd, or we can go back to being the party of the regular working class dude who doesn't believe probably any of the things that that guy believes. That that's the big conundrum if you're a Democrat, because all those like my I come from a family, like everybody on my dad's side's a Democrat, all like Iowa farmer type people, Democrats from the old Democrat tradition. But there's not a one of them that thinks, you know, dudes should be in women's sports, or you should use the term latinix or any of those things. If they've even you know, not a one of them, You just you've abandoned that kind of Democrat. And that's why all those people, I'd be shocked if like every one of them didn't vote for Trump this past Tuesday. Also lifelong Democrats, So you know, and I was, we're so in the moment, I had to be reminded of some things in the very recent past, like I wonder how many of your dad's kin would be in favor of firing any soldier, firefighter, healthy young man, for instance, who wouldn't get the COVID jab right right right? Keeping schools closed even though the one next door that's private is open. How in favor of that? Were they? A couple of things here? One, there was a rumor going around. I don't know what you call news anymore. That's not true. Do you call him rumors? I guess you call it misinformation. There was a misinformation going around on social media from a number of fairly high profile people on Twitter, for instance. Trump has announced that he was misleading people about Project twenty twenty five and he plans to enact it within hours of the president and people were taking it seriously. Oh geez, what's the matter with you? People with ad journalist from The Dispatch, which is a very fair organization, anti Trump, but very fair news organization, the Dispatch. Trump hasn't announced he lied about Project twenty twenty five. He hasn't even mentioned Project twenty twenty five since becoming president elect, and during a campaign Trump called it seriously extreme and said he never read it, which is the truth, right? Yeah, that's hilarious on so many levels. You think Trump is taking the views of think tanks. I mean, what view of you on the left is it of Trump that includes him big on think tanks telling him what to do. It just doesn't fit. Yeah. Yeah, But here's one of my favorite things that came across yesterday from the New York Times if I can find it, the headline being news analysis for Black women. America has revealed its true self. Kamala Harris's resounding defeat affirmed the worst of what many Black women believed about their country. Even if some of them looked to the future with waryed determination, and they go through blah blah blah blah blah what happened, But underneath their hope and determination for Kamala Harris was a persistent Was America ready? They asked to elect a black woman? The painful answer arrived this week. This is news analysis in the New York Times, not just some people's opinions that can be proven wrong by all the data from all just exit pollings, flat out data. However you want to look at it. It's very easily refuted that this is true, but your news analysis goes along with it. Back to the news analysis, it affirmed the worst of what many black women believed about their country, that it would rather choose a man who was and they list all the things about Donald Trump that they don't like than send a woman of color to the White House. Yeah, that's exactly what it was. It was all about it being a woman of color. They're actually delusional. I would think if you want to win elections, you'd want to get to the bottom of what actually happened. I mean, it's really easy to say it was racism and sexism and just rest on I don't know what we do racists and sexist. That's nuts. You're nuts if you actually believe that, you're crazier or I know you can't handle the truth as a trite phrase, but maybe you actually can't handle the truth. No, it's a good one. That's a fine phrase. Yeah, And you know it's funny. There's part of me, the part of me that wants conservative values to be the ones that rule the day, who's like, yeah, just keep going down that road, keep making it all about identity politics, even as many Democrats, and we have a number of their voices ready to go today, are saying we've got to dump the woke thing, the transgender thing, We've got to dump identity politics. It's unhealthy and Unamerican. But they have They're the ones who publish the newsletter. They've got the media and entertainment and education. Those lunatics, you know who I pity. I pity moderate Democrats all are Oh man, you got you got crazy people in your house and they're running around brandishing knives. It's like fatal Attraction was at the movie with the Glenn Closes and the rabbit and everything. You've got actual murderous lunatics running around in your own house. So we've got Trump, but you know it will deal with that. So then they build their case for this news analysis by quoting a whole bunch of older black women who unfortunately are delusional or have been misled by what's actually going on, and they, you know, they go with the whole multiple anecdotes equals data thing. So you have six people agreeing with you, and so that's proof that this is true, I guess. And then they get to what a lot of journalists on the right call the to be sure paragraph, where you have to throw in some reality to like justify your journalism. I guess many Democrats saw the brutal political environment for the party. Yeah, like inflation and immigration peppered with anger about President Biden's leadership has more to blame for Miss Harris's crushing loss than the double edged sword of racism and sexism. But others reflecting on a campaign listen to this description from The New York Times. This is news analysis. This is not supposed to be an opinion piece. Others reflecting on a campaign devoid of controversy or obvious missteps by a qualified candidate who almost never held out a race or gender as reasons to vote for or found it difficult to ignore suspicions about why mister Trump won with the such ease. So the New York Times Day narrative stated many times in many forums it was practically a perfect can the New York Times saying with a straight face that the campaign was devoid of controversy or obvious missteps, the not answering any questions, Uh, what would be different about you from Biden? I can't think of anything. Are you kidding me? Really? I mean, come on, even the people on your side, the David Axelrods of the world, were like, oh my god, this is a disaster. I mean, come on, New York Times not even trying. This has got to be a manifestation of the fact that politics is now identity. Your politics are your identity, and so much democratic politics is identity politics, and the whole critical theory Neo Marx's postmodern thing that is who I am. And if you tell me Kamala Harris lost because of this stuff, which is who I am, that's very difficult to get people to swallow and confess to, really difficult. It's very different. I'm sorry, go ahead. I don't know what the point of having having a conversation with somebody would be. If somebody is going to say, well, her campaign, she made no mistakes. There was no controversy throughout the entire thing, so it has to be racism, and say, well, why are we even talking?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: To me, it's like, you know, studying the behavior of Will Debece or something like that. It's a fascinating creature with odd mating rituals because you know, over here on this side of the aisle, at least, you know, speaking for myself, if my ideas, the ideas I like the best, don't win, my reaction to that is dang it, we didn't explain him right, or or people didn't get it, or how can we do it better next time. It's not you rijected me. I hate you. You should jump off a bridge like that pathetic blanking professor. My god, he did. There isn't mental health care good enough for him to start him out for the rest of his life. I mean, if you took the rest of his life, that's just looney tunes. Kamala didn't go to the Al Smith dinner and then lost some Catholic areas that a Democrat hadn't lost in decades and decades and decades, that there'd be a possible misstep. I can think of many more. No, No, there weren't any there. It was a perfect campaign. There were no missteps nor controversies.
Speaker 5: Uh uh.
Speaker 1: Focus group after focus group said they have no idea what she's in favor of. There were no controversies there. You gotta do the logic gear. Since there were no controversy or missteps, logically, then it had to be her gender and race that caused people to vote for Trump. All right, alliteration, that's very sarelock holmesy and investments Again, that's your New York Times news analysis of the results of the election. You know, I'm gonna apologize to my Parrot for making him crap on the New York Times. Wow. Literally infigure it's beneath them. Yeah. Hey, word from ours friends and sponsors that Simply Save Home Security best deal of the year right now, sixty percent off a new simply Safe security system. Simply Safe the home security so many folks trust. It's all about the peace of mind, and they keep making technological advances that are amazing. I'm taking Henry on a little trip for his birthday and leaving the house and feel comfortable that once the house senter leaves, my house will be safe because of the simply Safe system that I've got set up there. I got to sign out in the front yard because I set it all up myself with the sensors and the camera and all that sort of stuff. But with their latest active guard outdoor protection that they've got live agents keeping watch on your property twenty four to seven, you can really feel comfortable. What's this cost? About a dollar a day? Yeah? And it differentiates between your neighbors and folks dropping buy and scumbags who are casing your house with AI. It's really amazing. You can talk to them directly, set off your spotlights called the cops before the break in. Got a simpleysafe dot com slash armstrong. Get sixty percent off any new system with select professional monitoring plan. That's this week only. That's sixty percent off again, simplysafe dot Com slash Armstrong. There's no safe flight simply Safe. So my almost thirteen year old only wants one thing for Christmas and his birthday. His birthday is two days before Christmas, so he wants a big, bigger combo thing. All he wants is to see the Eagles. The music the Eagles at the Sphere in Las Vegas. Oh wow. I've been claiming that there's no way we can do that, while planning to do it very clever. We're leaving today, but he doesn't listen to talk radio, so I'm really not worried about this getting back to him. But we're leaving today, going to Vegas and and go to the Sphere to see the Eagles, and I'm looking forward to seeing them to be like, we saw a show at the Sphere like a movie and it was fantastic. I don't know what it's going to be like to see a concert there. I don't quite get it why you want to basically watch a music video with a soundtrack of the music you like, but it's live, but you're not watching them, you're watching the music video. I just I don't quite get the idea behind it because it's like an old timey movie theater where the guy's in the organ with the silent movie. Because it's set up and way that it's not for you know, the best seats are up close where you can see the band. The best seats are far away so you can watch the movie spectacle and listen to them play live to it, which I don't know. It kind of feels like to me, like, how about you don't have the band and you just play a recording of their songs and I'll watch this movie. I don't know. I like, I said, I don't quite get it. I saw Vince gilb the country star who's in the Eagles now, and I'm a big Vince Gill fan, so that'll be cool. But him say, it's the most ignored I've ever been in any performance in my life. He said, nobody's looking at us. Everybody's watching the screen. So it's kind of weird from that standpoint. Yeah, I don't want to be old guy who yells at clouds, but there's absolutely been a shift. I was watching a police show, the band The Police from nineteen eighty three. I think it was like the show was within a week of when I met my wife, which was kind of fun in nostalgia e ah, since their album was number one when we met. But it was the biggest band in the world. Three guys and their backup singers on a stage with the spareest of lighting playing their songs, and the very large auditorium was wrapped with attention. Right, that's funny. That's now, it's gotta be a zillion things going on. It one spectacle. Well, I don't know if it has to be or not. I don't know. I don't know if I'm going to think this is a good Vince Gill in his interview, and I doubt the people at the sphere like this. He said, I don't get it. He said, I'm a guy about music. I've never liked pyrotetrics or shows or anything like that. I'm there for the music when I go to see a show. I want everybody else to be there for music. But this is what people want. It's what they want. It's basically what he said I'm getting seats on the floor closer to the band. I want to watch the band. I hope I'm not too distracted by the music video that I don't care that much about. But i'll see what. I'll report back on Monday of what I think of the whole thing. The sound will be amazing. They have one hundred and twenty six thousand speakers in that place. I have never heard sound like I heard when we went to movie there. I mean, it's like anything my ears have ever experienced in my life, the way it comes from everywhere and inside you and Base like you didn't even know Base could be this way. So from that standpoint, it'll be cool. We wear the brown note. Yeah, more on that to come, a lot more on the way stay here. Yeah. The main thing I'm looking for is Joe Walsh playing this song. I looked at the setlist. They closed with it. Oh really? Now coming up the media lost in a landslide, no doubt, and the battle for the soul of the Democratic Party. More on the coming civil war and it'll be bloody between the Satokratz and the woke lunatics. Stay with us so I like the autopsies over all, this stuff both campaigns, media coverage, that sort of stuff. But I'm definitely ready to turn toward policy and how we're going to handle a whole bunch of things going on in the world, what Trump's view of it. Like I said, through the whole campaign, I don't actually know what Trump's feelings are about China, Taiwan, Russia, Ukraine, Israel, Hamas. I don't actually know. Here's a woman from the Economist on Morning Joe Today talking about what she thinks Trump's going to be like for Ukraine Russia, And actually, I think, and.
Speaker 5: This may surprise you, he may not be as bad, for example, for Ukraine as many people think. And I was very struck in our reporting this week my colleague based in Kiev were it an excellent piece that suggests senior people in Kiev were rather hoping for a Trump victory because they were so fed up of the sort of self denial and timidity of the Biden administration that they felt, you know, they weren't getting the weaponry that they needed. There was a sense that there was so much worry in Washington right now about escalation by Trump by Blutin. So I think we're just it's like the whole post w order has been thrown out own, it's shaken up.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting. So I didn't see that part of Morning. Gilbert Hanson portrayed it as usually you'd expect on the channel. Were looking for this woman for the economists to talk about, well, how the world is going to be thrown into chaos by the crazy, evil Trump, and she went with, oh, I think it's gonna be good for Ukraine Trump and they were really frustrated by the timidity of the Biden administration. I'm still making my way through Bob Woodward's War book. If you're going to take anything away from that book, it wouldn't be the couple little anecdotes about Trump that everybody talked about a couple of weeks ago. It would be about the frustration around Biden's handling of Ukraine. From the beginning. Wow, that's really interesting incrementalism. You could hear little Mika not exactly digging right, her guests Eric right, and her inescapable logic. Yeah, which is interesting because her dad, I believe, who was the National security advisor for Carter, would have been really upset about Biden's timidity, understanding how the only way you can deal with these people is to show you're willing to stand up to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what an enormous blind spot thinking, well, the one thing to avoid is them thinking I might hurt them for doing the wrong thing. We can't have that. What Seriously, it's like it's like trying to read a T shirt in a mirror. I mean, it's backward. Woodward's book makes it pretty clear that Putin would have not gone into Ukraine until other than he saw the way Biden handled Afghanistan and decided, oh, he's weak, he'll never do anything. And also that the Obama administration reacting the way they did in twenty fourteen when he went in also led him to believe that the Biden Obama crowd was weak and would never push back. That's pretty harsh judgment from Bob Woodward book, But that got no attention. No. All the coverage of the book was about and somebody called trumpet jerk. Yeah great, the war for the soul of the Democratic Party. Who will win?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 1: Got some really interesting audio from some sane folks who are trying to save the party but losing Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty