Speaker 1: Come take a seat, Scott, she started already. I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, that's what happens when you start back. You don't wrap. Headphones are on my things.
Speaker 1: I do. I would think you're more of a radio professional. I'm not going to start off this way. I'm not starting off anything. I'm just simply remarking.
Speaker 2: As it is. We're recording this on Friday.
Speaker 1: That was so loud.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to keep you on your toes. My god, that scared.
Speaker 2: The hell out of me.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. You guys an't scaring me.
Speaker 2: It's just it's not cool anymore.
Speaker 1: Came in.
Speaker 2: Diamond was under the table. I mean, you guys scare the hell out of me. One of these days I'm going to have a heart attack. I'm not even a kidding and I don't. I'm not joking about it. I'm not like, I'm not over. You guys can say, oh, he's so dramatic.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: It literally scares the hell out of me. Every time you guys try to do it, you successfully scare me.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's not cool. I mean it's funny, but my heart is racing right now. I didn't intentionally try and do that.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a second, let me ask you something. What if you scare the hell out of me and my heart races? Am I technically doing exercise right because you want to speed up your heart rate? And my burning calories? What a my burning calories? When you scare me?
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming to another episode of bull Chat. What's the matters? That's not the best question you've ever asked.
Speaker 2: Sweatshirts all just fell.
Speaker 1: I wish I could move the computer like that, Just just move the table up. No, because it's crooked a little bit. Keep talking, Okay, I'm gonna get shocked.
Speaker 2: Well, like I was saying, it's weird because today's Friday, you have to go out of town.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna be But are you proud of me for remembering? I could have left for Los Angeles and said, oh, Scott, I'm not gonna be there until Wednesday. I'm sorry, we can't do bull chat. You would have been like, you don't care. But I remembered, and I made sure this was a priority.
Speaker 2: But through the power of technology, we probably could have recorded it.
Speaker 1: You would have hated it. Anytime anybody's ever even come close to like a zoom with us too. You're like, I can't the audio quality, this is a delay. I just can't. Well, I mean I like to put out a superior product again, and so that's why we're recording it today. So let's take that as the silver liner.
Speaker 2: But see on recording day, this is my anniversary and I really wanted to get out of here so I could go spend time with my wife.
Speaker 1: And so you told me you had until eleven. I do and it is ten ten as far as I'm concerned, So this will be a fifty. Let's look for the silver lining.
Speaker 2: Okay, Andrew, So where we're going or where did you go? I'm confused.
Speaker 1: So because we're recording this on a Friday and you're listening to this on a Wednesday, I will have come back by now in the iHeartRadio Music Awards. Oh in Los Angeles, the Music Awards. Yes, you know, I never got asked to work one of those.
Speaker 2: I take it back. I did get asked to work it this year, but I never followed up.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting event. I would say, it's a lot more subdued from like the festival.
Speaker 2: Okay, That's what I'm used to working. I work the festival in Vegas every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the festival is kind of insane, and awards used to be insane because we used to have like a lot more people that came through. But because of COVID and last year, they make the room smaller and now it's just you walk in and the person just does like a big circle, but everybody could see it.
Speaker 2: So are you a talent coordinator?
Speaker 1: I am the radio broadcast producer. Oh really, and are also in charge of artist prep.
Speaker 2: Now was that broadcast live or is it played by So?
Speaker 1: It was live? It was live, So all those mistakes that was you okay, what thank you? Okay?
Speaker 2: And when you're coming back, like you'll be here Monday morning.
Speaker 1: No, oh, so I leave Sunday. You're right again, it's Friday. Sorry, folks, don't need to confuse you. I leave Sunday.
Speaker 2: Right on a red eye, on a red eye, and you come right back Monday morning. No, that's what I heard.
Speaker 1: I leave Sunday, Yes, I have Monday there, Tuesday is the show and then Tuesday the show ends. By five, I'm heading straight to the airport with Diamond. I'm on a red eye at nine o'clock and I'm home by five am. That next Why Wednesday called a red eye because you fly overnight?
Speaker 2: But why red eye? If your eyes are closed and you're sleeping, they wouldn't be red when you woke up.
Speaker 1: Well maybe okay, Well, like.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to stay up the whole night and then while your eyes are ready.
Speaker 1: It's more for the pilots.
Speaker 2: So I want a tire, drowsy pilot flying me overnight.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, autopilot does a lot. But here's my point I wanted to talk about. Was. I am not a fan of Los Angeles. See I like it. I'm all sorry to people that are listening and are from Los Angeles. It's just there are parts of it that are fun. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: I feel like I could live in Santa Monica. I think it'd be fun to live over the news so many dirty, homeless people.
Speaker 1: No what, I just am not a beach fan.
Speaker 2: Oh but you could. You can live in Santa Monica and I live by the beach, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, and then where it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: You live like Inland just a little bit. No, I live on Long Island, and you know we love the beach, but we're not like right, on the beach.
Speaker 1: I think I like Silver Lake. I think that's what it's called. Or Echo Park is nice. I would rather live more in the hills.
Speaker 2: I think you would live in Van Eyes and be a big porn producer. Okay, well I think that would be you. No, I would do Malibu too.
Speaker 1: Oh, mab is nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love the what is that place at that restaurant Alibu Farm No starts with a G and we always used to go there, Gladstones. I'm not sure if it's still It was supposed to close, but I think they're still there.
Speaker 1: I've never been there.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's wonderful. They're like they would put all your leftovers in a swan foil swan, What are.
Speaker 1: You doing swanfoil? Swan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they put your leftovers in tinfoil. Yeah, sorry, aluminum foil and then they make it into a swan or a bunny or something.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of those cool places.
Speaker 1: It's just every time I go out there, I feel like it's for work. It's the same thing with Vegas. I can't I enjoy Vegas because of work. Los Angeles. I just associate with work.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, see, I don't go to LA for work though, so I may like I have still that free trip that I won from being here for twenty five years and I haven't used yet. And Amy and I are thinking of doing Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Again because you could do Malibu or you could do Laguna Beach or Orange County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, since I got the trip for free, tho, they'll probably put us up in like a Holiday and Express in the Zon.
Speaker 1: Nothing can be as bad as the airport, Sheridan. I stayed there for Survivor casting finals, and to this day remember everything about it. The plane's going overhead, everything.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I'm not knocking the Holiday and Express. As long as it's clean, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Again. So did I mention this on the last bull chat, probably where I wasn't gonna get on the flight. Yes, yes, so they were like, here, take your hotel voucher, but.
Speaker 2: Oh this is from the last time you were out there and got screwed.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, but I didn't wind up getting a hotel voucher. I didn't need one, thankfully, But like, I'm not a hotel snob. I really can stay anywhere. It's just I would choose not to want to stay by the airport if possible.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think anybody wants to stay by the only the only airport hotel I wanted to try to stay in is is twa hotel there? Yeah, because just because for the nostalgia. Yeah, yeah, but I'm sure it's loud as all. Like even when I stay here by the radio station and we stay across the street at the Hilton over there, I always ask for a back end room because if I hear one horn or garbage truck at one o'clock in the morning, I'm up.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm a very light sleeper. Yeah, there's no way I could sleep near a airport.
Speaker 1: I would say. I am very thankful that I am a deep sleeper. I think once I'm asleep, it takes a second for me to me to wake up. It would have to be real loud.
Speaker 2: See Amy is a very deep sleeper too. But I think it's good that in a relationship one person is always on alert, you know, like I hear you know, like a little outside. I'll hear it like a leaf fall off the tree, and that'll wake me up. But it's good because you know what if there's a I'm on alert a prowler. Yeah, where do you live that there's a prowler. There's prowlers everywhere. Andrew pulling on car doors in the suburbs.
Speaker 1: Pulling on car doors.
Speaker 2: That's right, Okay, it's a big thing. And now they're they're drilling your gas tank and they're they're stealing your gash. Have you heard of this? I have not really New Jersey City, so it's legit all over the news. Like now, with the gas prices so high, people are literally going up to cars, going underneath with a drill and drilling a hole in the gas tank, which.
Speaker 1: First of all, is so dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, metal on metal makes a spark, idiots.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they're drilling into the gas tanks and they're putting a you know, like a gas can underneath it, and it just pours out into the gas can and then whatever doesn't fit just goes all over the street.
Speaker 1: That's terrible, Yeah, it is. Who does that?
Speaker 2: And then did you see that other story where they someone had a mini van that they designed there was a hatch in the bottom so they would drive into the gas station, you know where they fill the gas tanks. The big tanker truck comes in. They hook the pipe up to the circle things on the ground. So they pull over the circle thing and they lift the hatch up in the car and they lift the lid on it and they suck gas out of it, and then they just drive away, and meanwhile the gas station is out, like thousands of dollars in gas that was stolen.
Speaker 1: Well, that's like the crazy the train that they take all the Amazon packages, you remember in La.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's why you love La.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: By the way, that was an episode of Chips. They did the gas thing there too, I remember because back in the gas crisis in the seventies they did the same thing. So those people on the news must have been big fans of Chips and they watched it and that's where they learned how to do it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the gas crisis.
Speaker 2: It's too late, too late, too late.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of the gas crisis, did you know in the seventies they well, you weren't, you were what like, not even born? They moved. Everyone's talking about the time change becoming permanent, right, Yes, they tried it in the seventies. I did not know that yeah, they did, and it was because of the gas crisis, but they wound up switching it because parents were afraid for their kids, like using a flashlight to walk to school.
Speaker 2: Well, because in the seventies that's when the man with the black van would drive around and take kids off the street.
Speaker 1: Man with the van.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, we had that problem. Well when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Again, nobody walks to school anymore, so this shouldn't be an issue, but.
Speaker 2: They stand to bus stops, and sometimes bus stops are blocks away. Like I don't want my kids going outside in the pitch black dark, whatever you call it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that most of these things actually happen in broad daylight, like most home invasions had.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about like idiots driving and not seeing people walking in the street and hitting them.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I mean buses come so early, like my bus going to school as a kid with six thirty am, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think my daughter's is six something also.
Speaker 1: I mean fifty two, they'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's gonna be dark at that point.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you can outtrack your kids. Yes, that's not something you had in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Right, but you know they're across the street, but you want them to be careful walking there because it's dark.
Speaker 1: I think they'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get them reflective clothing. Yeah, I'm gonna sure the school. They're gonna go to school in a full like construction gear with the reflection reflective things on. I saw a guy walking his dog last night. He was wearing a full on yellow, bright yellow, with the reflective tape on it jagged. The dog had a reflective vest on and on the on the pause there were little reflective things on each paw.
Speaker 1: That's intense.
Speaker 2: I mean it looked cool with the headlights, but I'm like, dude, what are you doing.
Speaker 1: I mean, sometimes when I walk to Sam's in the morning, because Scary picks us up to drive us in. Yeah, I have to walk and it's five o'clock in the morning and there's an intersection and anytime I walk past it, I always wonder who's there, because I'm like, you don't see me and I'm crossing the street and you just keep driving really fast. Yeah, that's scary. It is.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. People don't pay attention it's dark.
Speaker 1: They hit things but I mean they would do it anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh didn't you say you were going to get iced teas and coffees?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't wind up doing what happened. I just got distracted.
Speaker 2: Oh could we go back to la for a second.
Speaker 1: So, well, how do you feel about the time change. I just need to know you. Let's just put a pin in that one.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you until it actually happens. I cause until I experience it, I can't give you my view on it because I don't really understand. The sun set and rise time is still gonna change every day, so I don't really understand how it's going to work.
Speaker 1: So now in the winter, it's gonna stay dark, or actually it's gonna be dark in like January. February is when we're really gonna notice it.
Speaker 2: Is it gonna be like Iceland where it's dark for twenty four hours?
Speaker 1: No, because the sun still comes out. Okay, but the sun will start rising around like nine o'clock, eight nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: In the winter. Yeah, Oh, the doldrums of winter. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: But at night time you'll have it until like six seven o'clock and the sunset.
Speaker 2: But will it always be like that, or will it change all the time?
Speaker 1: No, that's it. So every winter it'll now be just getting light at nine in the morning, around eight nine o'clock. Yes, that's miserable. I don't think so. We're here anyway, I understand that. But the rest of the world is gonna be like what is going on the rest of the world. We live in the United States. We are one country.
Speaker 2: I get it, That's what I meant. The rest of the country still, and some.
Speaker 1: States don't do it, like Arizonas don't have a time change. It doesn't make sense. I despise, despise when the sun goes down at four thirty It makes me so depressed.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you would rather get lighter later and stay lighter late, Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: I am fine with the sun going down at like six thirty seven. Oh, that's like perfect later.
Speaker 2: But I tell you, though, it's kind of messing us up a little bit because you're used to it getting dark early. So while it's still lighter, it's like almost seven already, we're like, oh my god, we didn't even eat dinner yet, how is it seven o'clock?
Speaker 1: I love that, though, it's just it's to me this time is perfect. I like the fact that on weekends. Now, if I want to sleep in on the crazy days, when I get rowdy and it's seven thirty and I slept in quote unquote late, I'm sure that happens for you too, it'll be dark. Still.
Speaker 2: Sleeping late for me is six thirty maybe seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 2: Cool. If there was some way to people for people to like chime in right now?
Speaker 1: Who wants to chime in?
Speaker 2: I don't know people like saying oh yeah, I don't want it to get dark either, you know whatever?
Speaker 1: Like okay, listeners, Well, we have I have to talk to Scott because we have that discord page that we need to finish up. And then that would mean that people could chat us. Oh and they could be on yeah, but chatting.
Speaker 2: But that would mean we'd have to be doing this live.
Speaker 1: Well, we would tell people when we were recording, oh okay, so and then people like chime in.
Speaker 2: We'd fool them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could say like, well, if we have a topic in mind, we could bring it up.
Speaker 2: Hey, can we get mic flags? Can we get serial killers?
Speaker 1: And bowl chat? Do you know somebody, I mean, anybody can make them and find them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't. I don't want like that when they do it like that cheap way where it's just like a box and they just put a sticker on it. I want it to be like a professional like news organization. Yeah that's not even Look how it's peeling. Oh yeah, that's cheap.
Speaker 1: You hate that? Eh could be better?
Speaker 2: Well see I just took that. I think that one was in the trash and I wanted one, so I took it out. Well, no one gets me one for here.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares about Oh Scott, they don't. What can I tell you what we're gonna Where are we gonna record this in the new studios?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I'm actually a little bit nervous for that because you're probably gonna have to come into my studio and we're gonna have to use the actual microphones like we used to do.
Speaker 1: My studio is next to you. You don't have a studio. You have a sitting Yes, my sitting area is in a booth next to you.
Speaker 2: Can you is there glass? Can you see me?
Speaker 1: No? Then you're it's gonna be like this, But just picture a partition with no window with again. Yeah, no window, You'll have.
Speaker 2: To You'll have to come in and we'll have to figure something out.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna have any space.
Speaker 2: I can't do it with that, with not seeing you. Like my very first radio show ever on w POB when I was in high school, the both high schools had a radio studio. There were two high schools and both of them had a radio studio. And so my very first show was with somebody in the other high school. I couldn't see that, couldn't talk to them enough cell phones, couldn't talk to them beforehand. So it was like, okay, just go with it, you know, And we did it live.
Speaker 1: And it was awful. Yeah, it was awful. That was like my first college radio show. We did it from Drew and it wasn't very good.
Speaker 2: What was the very first song you played?
Speaker 1: I couldn't even tell you.
Speaker 2: How could you not? Then it doesn't mean much to you and you shouldn't be in this professional Okay, all right? Mine was back to Life by Soul to Soul.
Speaker 1: Back to Good Yeah, back to.
Speaker 2: I only on a record. It was a forty five Oh wow, yep. I still have it somewhere melted in my attic, but I have it.
Speaker 1: We have all my moms old and dad's old records do in our basement in the boiler room. Let me tell you something. It's they have some old ones in there, I have to say.
Speaker 2: And I feel bad because the last time we had a garage sell, some guy came up and he's like, gott new records, And I said, you know what I think I do, and I went into the attic. But I know that the attic has been like one hundred and fifty degrees at times, and there's no way in hell that those records still played and weren't warped. But I brought down this giant two mail crates full of records. I didn't care. There were promotional stuff from the radio station that I've had up there for years, but it was like old stuff from the eighties, like Michael Jackson, like lots of good stuff that were actually played on the radio station that they threw out when we moved out of Secaucus. And I took them, you know, and I had them my attic and I probably made like one hundred and fifty dollars. But I feel bad because those records are probably all warped and awful. Yeah, but whatever, So you sold someone bad records? Well, I mean, what do you expect from a garage sal? Sometimes you get a gym and sometimes you get crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I bought it twenty five cents. Actually a five cent statue for my friend Quinn. It was a doctor Mickey five cents. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But see, sometimes people find things inside of things. That's why they go, I'm sorry it.
Speaker 1: Was chipped chips? Oh chipped? Yeah? Oh I didn't hear that. Can we play that Neanderthal game that they played on the fifteen minute Morning Show?
Speaker 2: But I wanted to keep talking about garage seals? Yeah, no, no, keep going and la Can I just well yeah? Can I just get it? And that'll be like a fun thing we do at the end. What's the Neanderthal thing?
Speaker 1: That's the one that you played on the fifteen minute Morning Show? You get a clue and you have to give someone the word in one word? Is it that game? Yeah, but it's silly to play with two people. No, it'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Oh, just keep I'll be back okay, okay. Well, also a garage sales, So that's why people go trolling at garage sales because sometimes people find treasures in people's garbage because people will put a chair out or a couch or a desk or something like that and they don't check everything. So like, when I get rid of something, I check all the pockets, I check all the nooks and crannies, and I just want to make sure because I might have tucked a twenty dollar bill in there or something.
Speaker 1: You know, you check to see if somebody put a twenty dollars bill.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Before I get rid of something, like if I when we donate clothes, I make sure I check every single pocket everything. You never know, Yeah, that's true. You leave money in there sometimes or something important, pictures, receipts.
Speaker 1: When I'm gonna start doing that with my winter clothes, I'm going to start putting money in the pockets so in the winter. In the winters, yeah it'll be nice, but who knows, I won't need that now that the sun doesn't go down super late or early. See.
Speaker 2: I put a twenty dollar bill in my yearbook and I was going through it with my daughter last week and I found it. I was like, huh, but now I don't want to use it, but I know it's there. Yeah, So well, because it was the year that I graduated as a CRISP twenty, so I just put it nice and she's like, what is this. I'm like, it's a twenty dollars bill. She's like, no, it isn't because it's the old one, you know, So she had never seen one before. I have one too, Like that's what money used to look like. Yeah, easily counterfeited. Yeah, very easily. Didn't have the ribbons and the stripes and the only thing it had, the only security features that old money had was like little red and blue fibers running through, like if you held it up to the light, it didn't mean anything. I also think it's funny, like when I give someone a two dollar bill at a store, I'll go to like it'll be some young kid and they'll be like this. I'm like, you're not going to see anything. There's no holograms on the two dollar bill or a strip or anything like that, and then they rubbed the counterfeit pen on it. I'm like, are you kidding me? I'm going to counterfeit two dollar bills?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so's are my friend Erica, who just left the Seacrest Show. She was cleaning out her desk and she found a two dollar bill because it's the two dollars bill guy that comes through. Oh right, at all of our events. I have and I'm not even kidding I and I've said it before, but we have in my drawer at home, I have over one hundred fifty dollars in two dollar bills.
Speaker 2: Why don't you spend it?
Speaker 1: Because where's the home button? Oh okay, what are you looking for?
Speaker 2: We got to take a break. Oh yeah, and we'll find out why Andrew doesn't spend his two dollar bills right after this. So, Jefferson, why don't you spend your two dollar bills? I just I'm sure we've been through this on a bowl chap before.
Speaker 1: I just don't mix me us. I just don't want to.
Speaker 2: I want They're not good luck. They're not good luck.
Speaker 1: I know. I would just rather have like one hundred dollars bill fifty. So if let's go to the bank, if that's your thing, give them to me and I'll give you money for it. Okay, I'll give you real money. I like them. I'm going to my parents' house this week. Ok.
Speaker 2: You gotta let me know when. Yeah, it's gotta be like close to payday because like, by the end of the two weeks, I have no cash.
Speaker 1: Understood, Okay, I have two dollar bills crammed everywhere around my apartment in my parents' house.
Speaker 2: It's so silly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: If you want to save one or two, which actually I don't even get But if you want to save one or two, fine, But you shouldn't have stacks of them their money.
Speaker 1: Just use it. That's no different than like holding onto five dollar bills. Why But most of the time it's from coming home from an event where the two dollars bill guy was at and he's just like, hey, hey, take this, and he just gives you a stack of it, And then you get home from the event and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, but why didn't you spend it at the airport, go get coffee, go eat with it?
Speaker 1: Why don't you? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the logic of people that hold on to two dollar bills.
Speaker 1: I understand too. It's just I don't want to use them.
Speaker 2: Because it's not I get it. They're not commonplace. Yeah, but see, my goal in life is to make them commonplace. Again, did you ever notice that it is made two dollar bills create again. Yeah, your campaign and a cash register. There's a spot for twenties, tens, five, two and one, but instead people just put rolls of coins and stuff on the right because they don't get to But that's how cash registers were made. What's a cash register? Well, people do use cash, and so I wouldn't know what a cash register is. I worked it at your venmos Zell's and your PayPal.
Speaker 1: Used a car Crypto Delhi and I was the cashier. Yes, I know. It was great. Yeah, I liked it. I liked be going.
Speaker 2: Now when I when I first started working the store had the old school, when it was like click click click click click click click click chang. And that's when you hear what you when you you know, anytime like a radio station is talking about giving away money, you hear chan, it's because it's an old cash register. The cash registers now don't chi chang anymore. They don't change, so pretty soon people listening to radio promos aren't going to know what chi chain is.
Speaker 1: Well as it is, they there's something else radio promos say, now that's kind of outdated. What I forget what it was? Well, yeah I don't, Well.
Speaker 2: We were using that incorrectly. They fixed that, thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, there was another phrase that they were using. Uh maybe something with a landline or I don't know, there was something that was said where it just wasn't you know, commonplace like a phraze anymore? Can we go back to LA for a second shore?
Speaker 2: So we used to, even like before I met Amy, even or my friend Cubby, we used to go out to La a lot and try to get on the Prices Right. So we would make almost a yearly trip and go out to LA And then when Amy came into my life, she would come too, and we would try to get on the show. Like I've probably been to the Prices Right a dozen times, wow, a dozen times, and you never made it on, never made it on because you have to woo the producers. That's how that show works. It's not random at all. Yeah, just in case people are thinking it is, it's not. There's no big drum of names and they're like, Charlie, Welch, come on down. No, they it's all pre done.
Speaker 1: Wow. So basically it's a big cattle call.
Speaker 2: You get there early in the morning and you sit on these metal benches for hours and hours and hours and then finally, as the day progresses, they parade you ten at a time in front of these two producers sitting in these chairs, and it's so frightening. It's very nerve wracking, you know, unless you're a professional like you who just like can talk to anybody.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't get cast on Survivor. That's there, boy, but I free the rent of producers.
Speaker 2: Still, you have to come up with something clever, you know, like what's your name, where are your friend?
Speaker 1: What do you do? You know?
Speaker 2: And unless you're like on like that, or if you're just a complete goofball, yeah, then then just like regular people don't get picked. Now, you have to be a lunatic wearing a you know, I love what's his name?
Speaker 1: Drew Carrey? Yeah, have my.
Speaker 2: Baby Drew, you know, with dollar signs all whatever. You have to have something nutty like that and just be a lunatic and then they pick you.
Speaker 1: You can't just be.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, I'm Joe Smith from New York City. They don't want that well at all.
Speaker 1: That's why we need to practice. Is this way. If we get on the Amazing Race, we have to sit in front of producers and they're gonna ask us questions and the two of us need to make sure we bring the energy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's fine because we'll just pretend that we're doing this show and it'll be just fine.
Speaker 1: Something tells me we freeze.
Speaker 2: No, just would be like no, no, no, just like we were last week with Carla and Anthony. You know we were on there the two second tunes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were just doing our things.
Speaker 2: So if we just pretend that we know these people and are just you know, natural and comfortable, I think we'll be just fine.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. If I got to sit in front of one of those producers again, I would knock it out of the park.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think so okay, I could tell you that for certain, i'd be kicking you under the table. You probably well, there's no table. Oh, you just sit in front of like a giant thing. You know what.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm not good auditioning. I'm not good, and that technically is an audition like I did. I did an audition for VH one many years ago. They put me in a room and this was an on camera audition too. It wasn't just a voiceover thing. And I was like, and they handed me a bunch of CDs and they're like, talk about these, and I was like, okay, so you know Nirvana never mind Wow, smells like teen Spirit, like you know, just one of the best songs of all time, just crazy, crazy, crazy, and then yeah this one Aerosmith. Yeah, you know, I I And that's all it was because I didn't really know much about the CD and I didn't. I was very like young and had no idea what was going on. And I hated it so much. And I never went on a TV audition again.
Speaker 1: Well we're going to change that, okay, because I'm telling you we won't make an audition tape for Amazing Rate. False.
Speaker 2: I did, but like it was taped, you know, like like I would do auditions for because for Extreme Couponting.
Speaker 1: I had, Oh yeah, you were on a show I had to do. You had to send them a recorded thing. Yeah. I never did.
Speaker 2: The only live audition I remember doing since then, it was on It was on the computer, but it was before the pandemic, so I remember how they did it, but it was live. We did it somehow and it wasn't Zoom, but it was for Pyramid, the game show. Oh, so they were like you know, how would you be if you won? You know, it's hard to fake excited.
Speaker 1: Weren't you on the Weakest Link too?
Speaker 2: No, I was on Chain Reaction with Garrett and Cubby. They still play on the Game show Network, which I don't understand. Yeah, but I gotta play repeat somewhere. I know it's hard to it's very it's very hard to for me anyway to pretend I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, I feel similar in that. Again. I think I can be kind of chatty, yes, but I think if you ask me certain questions, I'll freeze up. Like, for example, if someone says, like they ask this was one of the questions in Survivor. Oh okay, so like you say that you're really nice, and then but like you could be a little sneaky. Name a time you've been sneaky, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, without preparing, you wouldn't know. You need to think about that. Yeah, but you could make something up. Well, yeah, you know, just like the time when I made up when I went to a live audition in LA for Hollywood Squares. I made up that I used to collect cereal marshmallows. I never did that because that would be insane. Yeah, but I just pulled that out of my ass at that particular moment because I like, what's you name, where you're from?
Speaker 1: What are you all about? You know?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, you know radio and uh, you know, when I was a kid, I used to collect Cereal marshmallows and I had them all organized by cereal and bag and year and everything, you know, And they were like, oh, okay, I like, I don't know where I got that from. I could have just said I like riding bikes and get into the movies, you know.
Speaker 1: But well, listen, I think this show and the Serial podcast have definitely helped me be able to just chat about random things.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you pretend to like me, so well that's not.
Speaker 1: Just like you. But I'm just saying, like I can, I can talk for longer periods of time. So I think we'll be great on the Amazing Race Casting finals and or if I get back to Survivor somehow, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not sure that that's really the show I want to do with.
Speaker 1: You, Scott. We would win, We would win, okay, and then people would be like, oh my god, it's the Serial Killers? Is that really? What they'd be like, really is that what they would say. Yeah, just like that too. Okay, it'd be great. But oh, I just heard your phone buzz Andrew. Yeah, look at how many texts I got. Now, wow, you're at one of such an import and guy haven't even looked at one. Seriously, maybe your flight changed. You should take a look at it. I'm not looking forward to this flight. I haven't even picked my assigned see yet. I'm getting a little nervous. I'm getting a little nervous. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: What airline is it?
Speaker 1: United? United? The last time has not done me. Well, that's not It's not their fault though I know, I know, it's just it.
Speaker 2: Gives it gives airlines a bad name when things happen that are out of their control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the heck is this?
Speaker 2: If you want to play the game, let's put are those poops on the side?
Speaker 1: What is that? We're not doing? That? Is that poops? What's poops on.
Speaker 2: The side of these poops? Angry angry poop?
Speaker 1: No? What is it? Clubs Fernyanderthals, Oh No, this is dumb. These are dumb.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? Okay, ready, give me the first one? Tell me what to do though.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I need to actually, so, what was it like?
Speaker 2: You give a clue and I have to say, no, we need another player.
Speaker 1: No, it says two or more.
Speaker 2: How would you do it though, because two plus players that means you need three. Hold on, right, Please don't decide how to do this live on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm going to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Can we just talk about something else and maybe do this next time? Please do it next time?
Speaker 1: No? Please? Now, if you are the poet, oh, no, set up team, you know.
Speaker 2: I have a lunch reservation with my wife, we have to go, all right, jump the mac.
Speaker 1: Dad will make you want to. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what his game is.
Speaker 1: I actually don't know either. Okay, Well we tried.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't. We'll play it next time. You'll figure it out. We'll do it next time. I'm not going to figure it out.
Speaker 2: I heard we all got tickets today on our cars.
Speaker 1: I didn't get a ticket. You know why, because I don't drive anymore.
Speaker 2: I parked downstairs right near where Diamond was, and she came up in a kiss saying she got a ticket, and she was all angry, angrier than usual.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing with the parking is when excuse me, when they do ticket, they ticket right hardcore, and everybody gets tickets.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll go weeks with nothing and then all of a sudden they send them out.
Speaker 1: There's no rhyme or reason none. So my thought is just I don't pay it. Well, the meter's kicked in at eight o'clock and the meters also went up a ton. They went up a ton, and they also shortened. They made the hours earlier.
Speaker 2: Crazy, So the meter that I parked at started at eight and I didn't remember until eight forty two.
Speaker 1: Diamond is paying like ten dollars and seventy five cents now for two hours or two hours. It used to be like four or five dollars.
Speaker 2: It's been that for a little while the past. It's been that through the pandemic. Yeah, because I've been used for the.
Speaker 1: Pandemic, go through it. Yeah, But before the pandemic, I remember paying four or five bucks.
Speaker 2: By the way, at what point is like pandemic done? It's not, no, I know that, But when when do they just say is who declares that the pandemic is over?
Speaker 1: Well, now that I think that they switched to the new system, where it's like colored areas, so you have a green, a yellow, and a red area. So right now we're in the grain on risk. Yes, yeah, so because of that, I think think that's just how it's going to be from now on.
Speaker 2: But at some point do they just declare that it's over now so it's just forever?
Speaker 1: Well, that's endemic. But what happens? What that means?
Speaker 2: What happens when there's another pandemic? I mean, then this one has to be finished first, No, there could be two.
Speaker 1: It once again, this is endemic, meaning every year there's going to be like new variants or new streets.
Speaker 2: Its going to be like the flu. I guess what I'm saying is when do you stop calling it a pandemic?
Speaker 1: Well that's what they're doing now, that's why they're saying it's end demic. So what's gonna happen is COVID Still.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard anybody say that yet except you, Like, I haven't heard on the news or anything. I watch the news all the time. They still say pandemic on the news.
Speaker 1: It says it right here.
Speaker 2: I watch the real news, not the fake one again and it what oh you googled it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, it's Google, not a search engine that you use. And should I go to Bang No? You can.
Speaker 2: You could go to Google, but it's just you know, if you want to say.
Speaker 1: Shift endemic adds COVID nineteen work really? And what news source is up from?
Speaker 2: Focus?
Speaker 1: What is that? Buy a biotech one? Yeah? No, it needs to be from a real news astp it's a news thing.
Speaker 2: They picked it up from the other.
Speaker 1: Africa prepares for endemic. Okay, we're heading toward endemic. Okay, heading to urry plotting, end to pandemic plotting planning.
Speaker 2: Not there yet. I'm asking when.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't know why you're arguing if you don't know what you're actually arguing.
Speaker 2: I just want to know when we can stop saying pandemic.
Speaker 1: That's all you can stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm stopping. Okay, fine, great, But now we got to get another shot? I heard yeah, and I'll be lined up. I got my last one in October. I mean I will be two. But I just didn't you know, just forever again?
Speaker 1: Do you get a flu shot every year? I do? Okay, so then what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Because you know what, the flu didn't start when we were alive. So we didn't, you know what I mean, Like this just.
Speaker 1: So we're used to. Do you live through the measles outbreak?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But you still got vaccinated, yes, because I had to. Okay, right, so what are we talking about.
Speaker 2: It's just weird because we lived this from the beginning. I didn't start it, never started the flu from the beginning, like we were like, oh my god, what is this.
Speaker 1: It's a flu. It's a new ground for everybody. Nobody, Like, we lived through a once in every one hundred year event. Mmm, and it's not great. I'm just gonna say that it was the last one.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did not enjoy this. I would not like to ever live through a pandemic again. I wouldn't either. I mean, although there were.
Speaker 2: Some aspects that were kind of cool, but otherwise I totally get it. Yeah, No, not the death and sick part, but you know, terrible some of the uh what do you call it? The effects of it. I enjoyed, like being alone in here, no traffic, you know. All the other things were terrible. Yeah, but that was There were some good things again, birthday parties you didn't have to go to.
Speaker 1: Regardless of what, regardless of what you think about the pandemic or whatever we want to say now, right, whatever we think of COVID nineteen, let's just put it that way.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not real.
Speaker 1: Even if you're that type of person, you still lived through a once in every one hundred years thing. It's super rare. Like that's crazy to the scope where it shut things down. That has not happened.
Speaker 2: Speaking of shut things down, we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the second one.
Speaker 2: Way to count it down, Andrew. So what I'm saying is, did we get the bent penis commercial there? Maybe people have been have been dming us.
Speaker 1: Listen, do you want that money again? Our money went down ever since we turned those categories off at the bent d oh, I turn all the categories back on. So I'm sorry. If you got a trojan ad, I'm sorry. If someone's saying that they're doing certain things with sandpaper, I'm sorry. If people are talking about crooked things that I feel bad for them. It's I would like some money.
Speaker 2: But the bent there's nothing wrong with having a bent penis. It's just medication to help you straighten it out like that. That's not an illegal category. It's just a drugs category. Again, the medical a medical? Do you want to say medical one more time? It's a medical commercial, like I saw it on TV. I saw the commercial on TV. It's called like Bentcarrott dot com.
Speaker 1: It's a legit thing.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a from a drug company. Unfortunately, some people have these problems and that's the way to fix it. Good luck of Bus and Carrot. Well if that ad just played, kudos it's a fun commercial. Bus what it's fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Again it's it is probably in a medical category that I checked on.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm sure most of the people listening to this didn't even know that was a problem, except that one guy named Chuck in Wisconsin who's like I have that they're talking to me.
Speaker 1: I would never want to be in a medical commercial because then if I was ever seen in public.
Speaker 2: You almost made me do that. Well that was a voice one. Yeah, yeah, see that's the thing. Well, I mean I could have a good medical condition, like a good bad one. I don't know, Like what's a good bad medical condition like contacts award, I could do one. I would do for an astigmatism okay I have, or for alopecia, Yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: See like, I wouldn't do a herpes one. I wouldn't do anything like even though I didn't have it, and I'm just an actor. But it says only in tiny letters actor portrayal, Right, you know, so you just think that, oh they're Scotti bie, he's got herpes.
Speaker 1: Imagine moving to LA and being like, I'm gonna make my big break and then the first thing your parents see is a herpes commercial star on you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I would do most of them, you know, like I would run through the park while my whatever was healing, you know, ride my bike through the daisies while you know the medication was working. But it couldn't be for something like no STDs. I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Well, the concept of actually advertising for medications, I don't understand it, by the way, so stupid.
Speaker 2: Like so you're gonna say, oh, by the way, doctor, I saw the commercial for the poop in the Box guy.
Speaker 1: Can I have that? Yes? That does happen?
Speaker 2: I actually asked my doctor and he said no, And there it is. So the commercial did work, the cute little poop in the box guy. Yeah, Cola guard, Yeah, I wanted to do that again. We are one of only two countries in the entire world that actually advertises medications on TV. But for the most what's the other one? Uh, Canada, it's New Zealand. How would I know this?
Speaker 1: I don't know you should.
Speaker 2: I'm not the medication guy. You are druggy.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I actually take no prescription drugs, and I feel very strongly you had prescription drugs should be taken like should not be on television. Marketing to people. You have to send people like you go I with the poop in a box thing.
Speaker 2: You have the giant Grandpa box of pills that you bring here everything because they're vitamins, right right, Well, can't you just take one multi vitamin? I do, but you take all the other stuff? Also, doesn't it sometimes give you too much of something?
Speaker 1: This is my vitamin box. I love my vitamin box.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't have U MTWT FSS on it.
Speaker 1: How do you know what days to take it? Because I put seven days worth in here? So this is my zinc.
Speaker 2: Is that centrum? This is MYNT smell it? Yeah, they don't smell that bad. No, Usually those like big natural vitamins smell like ass.
Speaker 1: This is my centrum. This is my ficillium husk that helps you keep your regular.
Speaker 2: Now we take we take gummy centrums.
Speaker 1: These are the worst in the entire world. I bought a big one from Amazon. These are the Amazon version of Vitamin c's. Let me tell you something. They are chalky as hell and if you swallow them wrong, it gets lodged in your throat.
Speaker 2: I used to take multi vitamin that was twice the size of that thing. It smelled like, ugh, I have biotin. Let's get Centrum to advertise on our show.
Speaker 1: If a vitamin company wants to sponsor us right now like care Of, although care Of, I will say I will not do ashwagandha because, let me tell you something, last time I took it, I was getting memory problems.
Speaker 2: But I also can I only want to take a vitamin that was like FDA approved. I don't like those ones. All of those except Centrum probably says this product has not been whatever by the FDA, and no vitamin is what do you mean.
Speaker 1: Actual vitamins are? But when it's like all these other things, what vitamins have you seen that say FDA approved? I think most of them are? Are they now?
Speaker 2: A multi vitamin like no big company.
Speaker 1: Like they have their own little thing at the bottom that says like to day yeah, but if you look, it's like like, oh, they're approved by the Nutrition Board. Well that's like a little sticker. But otherwise what they're claiming it's a vitamin, So.
Speaker 2: Why vitamins are but the supplements are not.
Speaker 1: These are and this is my apple cider vinegar.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just drink that? Oh yeah, that's what I heard.
Speaker 1: Never never in my life. But yeah, these are all vitamins. No prescriptions here bb.
Speaker 2: So the the prescription commercials generally air during Jeopardy, and I don't know why, so it's like.
Speaker 1: They know their audience.
Speaker 2: They advertise during the National News Jeopardy and sometimes Wheel of.
Speaker 1: Fortune because who's watching?
Speaker 2: And then the I fall and I can't get up is at two o'clock in the morning because they're like laying down.
Speaker 1: The also afternoon TV.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, all the judge shows have all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I still watch Judge Judy.
Speaker 2: Have you been injured? Have you been breathing asbestos?
Speaker 1: So true though I watched Judge Judy. Still I'm sad she got taken off. She's doing something else now. Isn't she Judy Family or something or Judy It's on IMDb TV, right, So weird to me that there's too many streaming networks.
Speaker 2: You know, which judge I do like? I like the he's from Rhode Island and he's like the traffic.
Speaker 1: Judge, the one that he always goes viral.
Speaker 2: He was, Yes, that's why I first saw him, and then he wound up getting a show on whatever network. Oh he's been on for years or that. Yeah, he's he's he's great. Yeah, but you know I like him. Yeah, all right, great story. I wish I was a judge, which Judge Wapner was still around? Who's that zero?
Speaker 1: Clue? Really? Zero?
Speaker 2: You don't know who? Judge Wapper and Rusty the bailiff zero. That's People's Court. That's the original People's Court, right.
Speaker 1: I do like watching montages of like, wait.
Speaker 2: A minute, rain Man, Never saw rain Man?
Speaker 1: Never saw rain Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because Judge Wapner is featured in there a lot. Oh nice, I don't think actually, but he just Judge Wropnerner.
Speaker 1: Gotta watch Wapner. Yeah, okay, Wow, that was a great little tidpit just saying yeah, no, I haven't but I you like watching montages of like Best of Court moments on YouTube. That and Master Chef. You could get me every time with either, Oh, Kitchen Nightmares, that's the one Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares compilations. I will leave those on and take a nap to it.
Speaker 2: I gotta say I would used to be a huge Gordon Ramsey fan. We used to love Hell's Kitchen and we would go to the restaurants and uh and and and what show did you say?
Speaker 1: Kitchen Nightmares?
Speaker 2: Kitchen Nightmares? And we would go to those restaurants when they fixed them up, and most of them are all out of business and just FYI, so there's always like usually some family feud once they finally do it, and then they close a couple of months later.
Speaker 1: Can't put lipstick on a pig, No, you cannot. And those people are already like an extreme debt by the time he comes. So unless he's paying off the debt, giving them a new restaurant and being like good luck.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. And I also heard that apparently they made them pay for like supplies and stuff like that. They just did the work, but they had to pay for all the stuff. The supplies.
Speaker 1: Again, it's like Extreme Home Makeover. I feel like we lived in a glut of shows where it was like they're helping and and then you realize like, actually, no, none of these shows helped anybody Extreme Home Makeover. If they're in like depending on what area they're in, you just increase their housing cost, which means their taxes went up, which means they now can't afford this mega mansion with six bedrooms and a treehouse inside of the house.
Speaker 2: And somebody also told us and they gonna leave. They knew someone that had it done, and they just left the rest of the house a giant mess.
Speaker 1: I could believe it.
Speaker 2: Just the TV part is that looks beautiful.
Speaker 1: Because again it's filmed for TV. So when they all get there, everyone had their roles where it was like, ooh, the designer is gonna come in. I heard they like horses, so I'm gonna make their room look like a stable.
Speaker 2: And once the cameras are off, they're not doing anything. It's someone else did they bring in to fix it all up.
Speaker 1: It's the rest of the neighborhood that's apparently chipping in. If you told me my neighbors right now would have to build me a house. You know what, I would say, get that hell away from my house. You do not touch my.
Speaker 2: House us with a nail gun?
Speaker 1: What is it? Right? What was the point of Extreme Home Makeover if not for just being like but it makes me feel good that they cried on.
Speaker 2: TV, that's all. And we always did anything.
Speaker 1: I feel like they should have gone to They did one with a summer camp. That one was good. That one made me actually happy. Camp is a practical use. I get your home is a practical use. But again then you have to worry about the taxes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, so what are we doing? Plus you know and side note on taxes. Anytime these people win lots of things on game shows, yes, they have to pay taxes on it. And half the time they just forfeit it. Yeah, because they're like, I can't because sometimes it's just not even worth selling it to pay the taxes. Like people that win a car, the taxes are astronomical.
Speaker 1: Jackie's husband won a Volkswagen a Beatle. He did, and it's actually amazing video. He still has it. Just be no, he won it when he was in college. He did you know what like basketball games? Someone? Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's won really and it's on video and it's amazing. But when they came to him like do you want the Volkswagen or do you want the cash amount, He's like, I'll just take the cash amount because.
Speaker 2: You got to pay tax on that too.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I'd rather have that and have a Volkswagen or have to sell you you'll have to sell it. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: That's why all those Oprah car winners. I think like half of them couldn't take it because they couldn't pay the taxes on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So well that was pimp My Ride too, Remember the Acid Trip that was Pimp My Ride? Vaguely exhibit would come to your house, oh yeah, and he'd be like, oh, hey, you're whoever we're gonna pimp your car. Why West Coast Customs thought it was okay to put a hot tub in like a Subaru, I will never understand. But he should be a jail for that.
Speaker 2: But then all those people probably had to pay taxes and all that stuff because technically it's a prize. Yes, yes, that's who needs this. That's what people don't even understand. Even in all these judge shows where there's a judgment there's no judgment. That's a prize, that's prize money. Those are technically game shows, so those judges don't even have to be judges. Like what's his name, Mustache, Family Feud Help, Steve Harvey, Steve Harvey not helped, Yeah, not a judge. I actually like his show. His judge is Steve Steve Harvey Show. Oh it's actually it's actually kind of fun because he's funny. But he's not a judge. And he says he's not a judge and it's just a game show. So when he awards something, it's just coming from the game show, Kitty. Yeah, and you're just paying taxes on it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's Judge Judy. Those people are not They don't have to pay the settlement. Judge Judy does well the TV show. Yeah as a whole. Those people don't. So when they're like, I'm not paying, it's like, I know you're not paying.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: I had to tell my grandma that several times when she used to watch it. She'd always be like, but why did they She's not seeing the point they should be paying. I'm like, Graham's nobody needs to pay this.
Speaker 2: The TV show is and that's why mostly they call it small Claims Court because you're only allowed to sue for a five thousand certain amount or whatever it is. The game shows are even less than that, like Judge Judy and all that. I don't think they're ever more than one, two, three thousand dollars Judge Judy's five is it five?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? So anyway, yeah, are we done? Okay, now we're really forty? People want more?
Speaker 1: No, I think this works.
Speaker 2: We're were talking about something else that we said we're going to come back to.
Speaker 1: Well it's already ten to fifty, so we can't do another topic in five minutes.
Speaker 2: Sure we can.
Speaker 1: No, it's not worth it. You should go to your anniversary dinner, lunch, lunch. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, we're at the time of year and now we're in the Northeast in March, you know, because March comes in like a lion and we're not quite at the lamb part now. But today's a lamb, you know, So tomorrow is going to be a lion again, but today's lamb. What Yeah, Well, it's going to be sunny and seventy something today and tomorrow is gonna be rainy.
Speaker 1: And fifteen who uses that term?
Speaker 2: You didn't learn that in school all the months.
Speaker 1: Never learned it.
Speaker 2: April showers bring me flowers. I've heard that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Never heard that my entire life. Really, in my thirty almost thirty one April thirtieth years of life, I've never heard that before. Huh, not a damn I life. I bet if you do the Google on it, you'll see that it's a thing.
Speaker 1: I don't doubt it. I bet it's very popular, but I don't know it, Okay, just saying.
Speaker 2: Well, basically, what they're saying is it could still be like lots of snow and stormy in the beginning of March, and then toward the end. Oh, you know, it's a nice day, sunshine.
Speaker 1: Little mild I've been looking forward to this.
Speaker 2: Well here comes the lamb.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know nice.
Speaker 2: So anyway, what I was saying is, it'd be a nice day to eat outside today. But a lot of these places haven't really done their outdoor set up yet because there's still some crappy lion weather on the way.
Speaker 1: All right, you know, well, I hope you enjoy your lunch. Anyway, and happy anniversary to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you sixteen years in a crazy sweet sixteen Yay, it's insane.
Speaker 1: Throving yourself a party? Na, it's now are you going to enter the restaurant playing low by Floorida?
Speaker 2: We had our Kingsonarra last year, so we're we're on to sixteen. It's fine.
Speaker 1: I love that, but well, happy anniversary you guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks buddy.
Speaker 1: All right, here's just sixteen more? Do you have the bowl?
Speaker 2: Probably more than sixteen?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Can no, like in sixteen years, how old am I going to be? I said, oh no, we'll be married for like another thirty six years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, my parents are almost I think at thirty six or thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Oh my parents have been married for fifty years at this point?
Speaker 1: Did they get the letter from the president?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Get on that.
Speaker 2: I don't think they wanted that letter.
Speaker 1: Oh well they can. You can refile for this one. Oh okay, you just have to write into them and they'll send it to you. Really yeah, well I don't understand. I have I'll send you the lak What is this thing? When you hit fifty years married? Right?
Speaker 2: You never heard this? It's never just like you never heard lamb lyon. I never heard fifty years married. You swear, I swear if you're married fifty years, get a presidential letter with the seal and everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you write to them, why, because it's a big deal. Fifty years.
Speaker 2: What about twenty five?
Speaker 1: It's not a thing.
Speaker 2: Seventy five.
Speaker 1: I mean that they'll probably come to your house and be like, hey, would you like to talk? But fifty yeah, fifty years you get, you get a letter from the President.
Speaker 2: They'll also print your name in the newspaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I'll even show you because I've googled it to be like, oh is this real? Because you know a lot of marriages don't last to fifty I.
Speaker 2: Always check the milestones in newsday on Sunday. I like to see everybody's milestone. Twenty five years, fifty years, you know, the that live to be one hundred down a couple of houses away from you.
Speaker 1: How to get an anniversary greeting from the White House. Yeah, it's a thing, but only for fifty. Yeah, fifty is a big one. And they send it to you and it's like the president.
Speaker 2: They yeah, but it's probably just rubber stamped.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't care. I want to let it from the president. Do you know what they're opening back up? Presidential tours of the White House or the tour of the White House. I've never done that. Who's going me? I want to go?
Speaker 2: I cannot wait, wait a second. I forgot to do the Easter eggon application.
Speaker 1: Are they doing it this year? We don't know. Son of them beasting yes.
Speaker 2: Because ever since my kids were really little, I would do the lottery every single year, and one year I actually got a thing. But then they're like, oh no, you were on standby and we don't need you.
Speaker 1: Oh and damn it. We kind of so we have to figure this out because my god daughter Tiana, she wants we're trying to figure it out. They haven't announced it if it's coming back yet, but presidential like the White House tours open up April fifteenth again, and I will be using every contact I have.
Speaker 2: I want to go to get I would like to go.
Speaker 1: I yeah, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: As Ira, who did the security for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he worked on the whole.
Speaker 2: I'm scared of him.
Speaker 1: Well that's the point, he's that's why it does security. Yeah, but he I said, when White House tours open again, I will be coming to you, and he goes, absolutely, it would be a pleasure.
Speaker 2: But then I also want to go to uh the Mint, although that's in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Did they I went, and it was nice.
Speaker 2: I know, I like to see them stamping out pennies.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 2: But I want to see them make bills too.
Speaker 1: I was done pretty pretty quickly with that one. Yeah, I was. I did that when I was and I was like, huh, the Liberty bell was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we went to Philadelphia and like, I don't know, fourth grade, I have the picture of me next to the bell, you know, pretending I cracked it. The problem is in my in my really tight jim shorts that were like riding up my balls. The problem is I feel like on the Side does not preserve the history as well as other places. It's just like it's such an like an iconic place for history, and I feel that they could have done a better job preserving it area. I should have like a Paul Revere, like just riding down the street every hour.
Speaker 1: Again, there's just.
Speaker 2: A littronic one.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right, you talked to the city about that. Well, thank you for coming to another episode of Bold.
Speaker 2: Chat wait, that's where he rode, right, It wasn't Boston. It was Philly. Paul Revere, The British are coming, The British are coming. Yeah Philly, Okay maybe yeah was that Paul Revere. The British are coming. That was Paul Revere right in his coat. Yeah he did the ride, okay on the horse because I think I went to the cemetery that we have to clink. Why are we leaving because it's eleven o'clock and you need to go home. Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're welcome, Amy. When you're listening to this, I was the one who sent him home.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to ball Chat. Please follow us on all social platforms. Serial Killers PC and Serial Killers is the podcast where we talk about cereal. You can get a new one of those every Monday where we try cereal and let you know how it is.
Speaker 1: He okay, he went from Boston to New York and Philly.
Speaker 2: Oh so did he start the ride in Boston. Yeah, while they were throwing.
Speaker 1: Road through northern Boston through what is now Medford, Somerville and Arlington in warning the Americans the British movement.
Speaker 2: Yes, British are coming all right, Well, so it wasn't Philly. Somebody rode a horse in Philly at some point.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I'm sure anyway, all right, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: See you next week.
Speaker 1: Bye, Clink. I need to get my history straight. Well, you remember when you said you don't like.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I like, I like nostalgic things, and that's history. I do remember these events.
Speaker 1: From knowing when the game boy came out is not the same as knowing like your president's.
Speaker 2: I wasn't really a video game guy.
Speaker 1: We'll do a history quiz next, bull Check