Speaker 1: First date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Avery is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Toby. So we're gonna see if we can figure it out for and call him in just a few minutes and ask him why he's ghosting. But first, Avery, tell us about Toby. How long has it mean since you talk to him?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: Sure, So we talked online for a while before our date and we ended up going hiking, and it's been a couple of weeks and I just haven't heard from him much. I don't know. I kind of feel like it's weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a couple of weeks that is a long time. Yeah, I would feel weird.
Speaker 3: About that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was kind of giving it time. You know, we're both really busy. He had mentioned like work a couple of times. Didn't know if he was busy, but I thought it went well, So I was just kind of, you know, want to see what's up.
Speaker 5: Did you try reaching out to him at all in between that time?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: I did text him like a phone. I went on the same hike like later so I text him a photo of the hike, like, oh my god, this is we were and he just never responded to that photo. But so it was kind of denign, like I didn't want to be too forward, but yeah, I didn't even respond. It's like completely ghosted.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's a big one too, Like if you went to the same place you were at and sent a picture, you would think you would get a response.
Speaker 3: I love how we do that to ourselves though.
Speaker 5: We send text messages and tell ourselves it's okay, this one doesn't require a response, so I'm just gonna send it in whatever happens happened, right, And then really you're like, dang, it should have responded. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like opening. I was like opening the door, and it didn't.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see what happened. Tell us more about the date and the hike then. Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: So well, we both had on our like online profiles that we liked the hike, so I thought it would kind of be a good date, you know, not awkward at all and fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I brought my dog because the dog needs to get outside, didn't get exercise, and I just thought it would be fun, and we hiked for a few miles and then afterward we were still having good times, so we went to get a BikeE to eat and he was really nice and he was really sweet to my dog too, Like he looked around trying to make sure we could find a patio where the dog could sit with us outside what we ate and yeah, I don't know, we have like a great afternoon.
Speaker 3: Did you tell him ahead of time that you were bringing the dog on the date?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't really think because it was a hike, we were outside, I didn't really think about it. But I don't think I don't. I don't think I did. But he didn't seem to mind. I mean, who doesn't love dogs?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, must love dogs. I mean there are some people that don't. He didn't seem like you minded it.
Speaker 4: Not that I noticed, no, I mean he doesn't have a dog himself, but like it didn't seem he didn't seem offended or scared at the dog or anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, could was there anything that happened during the hike or maybe afterwards that could it be the reason why he's not hitting you back?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, something did kind of seem off after lunch, but you know, like at the end of the day he kind of left, not abruptly, but like, you know, I thought we might continue hanging out, but I didn't know if he shouldn't like his food. He ended up giving the rest of his meal to my dog. So I thought it was cute.
Speaker 3: But what did you guys eat? I hope.
Speaker 4: No, it's like taco It's like tacos. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I guess I just thought he got caught up with work or something, or maybe the hike was like maybe he liked not strenuous hikes and it was too much. I don't know, Okay, I'm honestly just I'm baffled.
Speaker 3: When you say it was different after you ate, like or yeah, how was he different?
Speaker 4: Like he he just kind of said he had to go, and you know, I kept making suggestions of like oh, we could walk back to our cars together, or like I could drop the dog back at my house and we could go do something else, and he just kind of shut everything down and was like, no, I have to go. Whereas earlier we had been talking about like making plans for the future, you know what I mean, like kind of talking about idea of other things that we could.
Speaker 2: Do, you know, Yeah, Okay, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. We'll play a song come Back and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you, and then see if you also want another date after you find out why, and maybe you another date. Okay, okay, all right, play a song come back and can get your first day follow up.
Speaker 1: Next first Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of the first date follow up and if you're just joining us, Avery is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by Toby. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's Ghostinger. But before we do that, Avery, why don't you refresh everybody's memory on your date with Toby.
Speaker 4: Sure, So we went hiking a couple of weeks ago with my dog and went really well. Conversation was flowing fine, we got food afterwards, seem to have a good time. But since then he's kind of ghosted me, and I'm not sure why he doesn't want to get together again.
Speaker 3: You ready to call him? Uh yeah, all right, here we go. Hello, Hi, Ma, I speak Toby please.
Speaker 8: Hey, Yeah, this is Toby's Toby.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 3: My name is Jewbel. I host a radio show and it's called The Jubil Show. Hi, Toby, the show's here too. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria. How's it going?
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 7: I'm doing good? Thanks for asking.
Speaker 3: Do you listen to the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've heard you guys show.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, we love that. Probably heard a first day follow up before then? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, sweet, Well guess what tubes?
Speaker 8: Oh hey, is this for?
Speaker 7: Uh the last date I have? Larry?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a smart guy.
Speaker 4: Toe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you seem pretty casual about this. Did you expect us to call?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 7: I just uh yeah, I mean that was the last one I went on.
Speaker 8: That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is what we're talking about. So Ay told us, you know, about your date and stuff. She said you really liked you been a few weeks and you haven't gotten back to her. She doesn't know why you're ghosting her, so she wanted us to ask you, would you tell us?
Speaker 3: Please tell u?
Speaker 7: Yeah? So bad, But like I just couldn't stand her dog itchy broad.
Speaker 3: Along the date, So it was the dog.
Speaker 7: I mean she didn't mention it, you know, and I don't know, it's it's not that big of a.
Speaker 8: Problem, but I mean like just kind of like a heads up would have been nice, you know, like, hey, when I bring my dog on the hike, you know.
Speaker 2: We asked her if she asked you or told you that the dog was gonna come.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she said she didn't because she just figured it was an outside hike. But she also mentioned that you were really great to her dog. You fed her dog, you're giving the dog love.
Speaker 8: So I mean somebody kind of had too. I mean the dog is not like well behaved at all.
Speaker 3: I mean the whole time it was like pulling her along.
Speaker 7: And I was like, all right, I'm gonna have to take over this least because you're getting like yanked, so it's kind of annoying, you know. And then I mean we got lunch and the dog just was like sitting there like begging for food constantly, and I mean.
Speaker 8: She didn't do anything.
Speaker 7: To like stop it.
Speaker 3: She just kind of was like, oh.
Speaker 8: That's just so cute, Like is this cute and I was like, no, I mean, it's staring at my food like I'm trying to eat, and I just I eventually just like gave the dog the food, the rest of my food, because I was like, it's just salivating, like looking at my food.
Speaker 3: So the dog the food.
Speaker 2: She thought, maybe you that you wanted to, but you just gave it because it wouldn't stop suck.
Speaker 8: I was like, it looked like it was like judging me, you know, like judging my order of taco. And I was like, here, I have it.
Speaker 5: You like dogs, but you just didn't like this one the way it acted, So it was he felt like, you want to do with the dog?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I know I love dogs, I love animals, but I mean not that dog. I mean, if that dog behaves the way it does is a lot about its owner.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, what are you crazy?
Speaker 4: My dog is really well behaved. I honestly can't believe you have a problem with her. I'm super offended right now.
Speaker 6: Actually, Toby, Hi, hi Hi, I would disagree if you had a problem with dogs.
Speaker 4: I didn't like dogs. I didn't have to bring the dog on the hike, but he had talked about them before and she's really really well behaved. She's completely trained. We did training classes and everything, and yeah we were outside. She was having fun and running around while we were hiking, but that's literally what dogs do. So I didn't realize you had a problem with dogs.
Speaker 8: I don't have a problem with dogs. Your dog is not trained. I think you should get a refund because whatever train you had, that dog is like wild. So I'm I'm sorry, but that's not the case.
Speaker 4: I've never had anyone tell me that before. And I've brought my dog on their dates before. She comes and hangs out with my friends and we go to restaurants, and no one's ever had a problem with her. She's super cute and I don't know, maybe she's got a weird vibe from you.
Speaker 3: Oh that does happen.
Speaker 8: I think other friends might not be telling you the truth, That's all I'm saying. But because you got to wrangle with the dog.
Speaker 4: In well, I don't think we'll be hanging out again. And then because I trust my dog. She has a really good sense of character and she clearly didn't take you, so I don't have any interests in her.
Speaker 2: Are you sure Tooby? Would you like to go again with Avery on a second date. We'll pay for it.
Speaker 8: No I have to ask. No, that's okay, I'll pass.
Speaker 7: She can have a date with her dog.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't much rather hang out with my dog any day. Really, we'll take my dog on the date.
Speaker 3: It's the dog. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And maybe I'll see you on the hike again sometime and she'll pee on your foot or something, okay.
Speaker 3: Juble's first date follow up