Speaker 1: All right, guys, we got a very special guest joining us, the outstanding wide receiver from the New Orleans Saints. He just went over a thousand yard for the third time in four years. After last year missing the last the final eight to nine games of the season dealing with concussions made him thinking all season I might have to retire. But he's bounced back and had an outstanding season. Harry is the outstanding wide receiver. Chris a lobby.
Speaker 2: Chris, how you doing, bro, I'm doing great, man. Appreciate you for having.
Speaker 1: Me, Nah, thank you for coming on. Talk about this season. We talked about what happened. You got off to that great start into your career. You was going cruising along thousand thousand, and then all of a sudden look injury the part of the game. But you had an injury that you have to really do some deep soul searching because we're dealing with the head and we're dealing with issues that might have impact you and your family later on in life. So tell us about the process. What default process was for you to come in back and say, you know what, I'm gonna give it one more try.
Speaker 2: You know, going to feel you don't really think about head injuries. Uh, like I had had those going I had those early in my career and they kept stacking up, especially going into a year three already having two, and then year three I had two more. So it was a tough decision. It's not like no knee or ankle where you can bounce back quickly or have a recovery process. It's kind of head injury where it's kind of long term. It's is you can't You only get one brain, so you can't really. Uh, it's it's not really a scheduled timing or a schedule or a thing to be able to rehab from. So said had to talk it over my film, talk to God, and thankfully I was able to bounce back from it.
Speaker 1: La Basket with Joe. If that did you change anything? Did you change the way you played? Do you wear the cap in practice? Is there anything that you've done differently that you can that you can share with us or discuss with us that might have Now you haven't had this issue this year as words, and in the past you had.
Speaker 3: Four of those things that stacked up in early in your career.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course, it's all my conscience, man. I wear the guardian cabin practice, especially in trading Kevin all that where it's contact. But Uh, I ain't really changed the way I play. I'm just getting down and where it's situations where I can't get get too many yards, I'm not really people will be uh saying, I'm like, I'm not really scared to go across the middle or scared to get hit. It's just it's just unlucky situations. Really, in situations I was put in store. Uh, Like I said, I just thank God for the situation and I'm grateful to be able to go out there and play, uh and continue playing my career.
Speaker 4: You know what I want to talk about just I want to know how how have you been able to find that that that that even keel, that that healthy balance of being able to be consistent with the quarterback carousel, you still being able to succeed. What has that been like having to deal with, you know, the quarterback situation early in the season and then you know Tyler Shuck coming in, and but you've still been able to perform regards to who's it to him? Because if you look at if you look at the landscape of the league, there are a lot of other teams. A lot of the receivers that have backup quarterbacks playing or that the un uncertainty at that position. They're struggling to put up numbers. But you're still doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I feel like it's been like that my whole career. Really, I've been dealing with a lot of quarterbacks. But at the end of the day, man, it's just they all trust me, and they all be throwing a ball one way. That's how I take it. That's how I take it. I just wanted to get targeted. That's I take care of her. From there. I feel like I've been I played with some pretty good quarterbacks, Jameis Winston and any daring Derek carr Uh. I feel like they all, like I said, they all keep going my way. So, like I said, I just got to make the play for her.
Speaker 4: When you when you go into a season, obviously we all we all have our our goals as a team. You want to make the playoffs, you want to have a chance to play for Lombardy. But if you fall short of that, then come you insert your individual goals. How many of your individual goals were you able to hit this year?
Speaker 2: I feel like some of them. Some of them I've been able to hit. I still got still got some goals I want to accomplish. But we still got two more games. So I definitely want to explode these next two games.
Speaker 1: So I get him.
Speaker 2: I got him now, but I yeah, I'm gonna go get him. Sure.
Speaker 1: Just look, Tyler Ship got inserted into the line of his second round pick the sames of one, three of the last four and now four and three since he's taken over now, he's a he's a year older than you as a rookie. I mean, do you think that's really helped him because he's not your typical rookie that's twenty one, twenty two years of age. He's a like a fully grown man, probably got a family as a kid is So do you think that's helped the transition from him from college to the NFL because he did spend seven years in college.
Speaker 2: I feel like everybody got their own story. Man, that's his story. I guess he's a twenty six year old rookie, but he treats himself. He's a grown man. Like I said, he's a he's a leader on and off the field as a quarterback in the NFL. You're kind of the leader at team uh, and I feel like he's uh, that's just one of his characteristics. I feel like he's uh a great leader on and off the field. He leaves the offense really good, and the way he prepares and sets the standard, I feel like a second or none, So I'm not surprised I had success at all.
Speaker 1: Talk about your offensive coordinator Kellen Moore. He had great success at Dallas. They had one of the top offenses the whole while he was there. He goes to Philly and now all of a sudden, he leads a offense they win the Super Bowl. Jalen Hurst and Super Bowl MVP talk about the impact that he's had on you since he's arrived there because he can definitely dial it.
Speaker 2: Up man for Shortcam, I feel like, uh, he deserves a lot of credit.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: He Uh his past few years, he the receivers he's had, they all had career years when he had He was with Keenan Allen in l A. He was with CD a couple of years back, and then AJ Brown and Devonte Smith last year.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He kind of set the tone early in the off He's when he's accepted the job. He kind of told me that's the role he wanted me to play in, and uh gladly stepped into that role.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, here, tell about you want to run the ball? They want to hear. I saw c D. I saw what Keenan Allen, I saw what the boy did it? Feel it? Come on, give me that rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all great to be said. But I feel like he's done a great job. You know, he went won the Super Bowl last year and then he come into a tough time in New Orleans and he's handled it. He's handled it with the best of them all. I feel like, stay positive throughout the whole time and handa the didversity and he's he's become a great leader for us.
Speaker 1: How close are you, guys, Because if you look at you look at Tampa Baker Mayfield, he's he's in trench. You look at Carolina situation with Bright Young, he seems to be in trench now. Michael Pennick Jr. Got nicked. But hey, Atlanta, do you believe what you have offensively? The guys, obviously you're gonna go out there, but do you believe your quarterback situation is stable enough? Because Chris, you could you can do all that stuff. You got to have that signal calling. You gotta have that guy. If you look at the team that's in the playoffs, that's what all of them have a signal caller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I feel like he got that in factor. Man. You just you got to have it or are you doing? I feel like he got that. He brings some swag. He brings some swag to him too, like, so that's what that's what we need. And uh, I feel like we were there, man, were there, especially you seeing the last few games. I feel like we've been get him high and high, but we eliminated this year. So all we can do is carry out on win him? Is it next year?
Speaker 1: All Right? We got a big matchup coming up, the Ohio State versus the U. I mean, do you play it good? They went to Texas, say and them, you guys are the raining depending champs. You got knocked off in the Big Ten championship game by the Hoosiers. Okay, you y'all gonna run rough shot over? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like I feel like that victims championship kind of kind of all but hey, woke us up a lot. I feel like, uh, defense win championships. I feel like we got the best defense in the nation, and then we got those two playmakers on the outside. I feel like it's gonna it's gonna help us when I when I go back to.
Speaker 1: Back, Like, do you is there anybody from the you on your team? Y'all got a little friendly wage or something.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's nobody on the Saints from from from Miami, but if.
Speaker 1: It is, and be quiet.
Speaker 4: He don't want you know to I ain't go to the you, but I'm from Miami. You want to make a little little friendly waiser.
Speaker 1: He don't pay.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna pay up.
Speaker 1: No, he don't for two years.
Speaker 4: Check check your PayPal and I ain't got my pay pal.
Speaker 3: I ain't got no you need to pay pal?
Speaker 1: So what what?
Speaker 3: What? What did you? What did you get for Christmas? What did you get? And what did you give up?
Speaker 1: Your mom?
Speaker 3: Get gift your mom or family members? What?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 3: What's the gift that you got that you like?
Speaker 1: Damn? I really wanted this. This is all right.
Speaker 2: I just got like I just got some basic stuff, man, like some Christmas cards, like car jackets, a couple of sweats. Uh, you know, like the basic stuff. Some clothes, got me some drawers.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know you know you need some draws.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you didn't wait the Christmas to give them. Damn. You gotta think about it too.
Speaker 4: When it comes to family members or spouses or girlfriends, what do they get? What do they get someone that already has everything?
Speaker 1: More everything? You say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of the best day I got actually is a wallet. Man, I ain't had a wallet in a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Be losing. You still carry you carry a wallet. You carry a billfold in your back pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just got I just got one of the Okay, so I'm gonna I'm gonna have to use that.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Chris bro you twenty five, you carry a billfold.
Speaker 3: That's what I was faoild to carry a bill fold?
Speaker 4: And what the hell is a billfold?
Speaker 1: Unh A wallet that you put in your back pocket'na call it billfold.
Speaker 3: That's what it's. That's what That's what we call it. But when I was growing up, that's what it was.
Speaker 4: There in twenty twenty six, we don't say that. No, mo o, you sound like you, but you don't care.
Speaker 1: And who carry you? I ain't see. I ain't haven't seen a guy with a with a wallet in his back pocket in twenty five year.
Speaker 3: You don't carry in your back pocket. You carried in your perp.
Speaker 1: Go on my back pocket, I ain't never seen. That's why you're back messed up. Cauld You be sitting up there because you got big. That's why you be sitting like this when you sit down.
Speaker 4: It's small. That's why it's so small. Un you know, I got I got all got all my cars and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's it. That's what that's what you got.
Speaker 2: You have?
Speaker 1: Did you have family in town? You get a nice meal? You got turkey dressing?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh yeah, we got all that good stuff you know in the walls. I got to get that. Gotta get that gumbo that was wasting on that.
Speaker 3: Have you had gumbo before you got the New Orleans?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 2: No, when I first got out here. That's that's what. That's my favorite food out here, man, That gumbo, seafood gumbo. You can never go wrong with that.
Speaker 1: I like, okay, so you so have you have you partaken all of like it to.
Speaker 3: Fa Budhan jumba, layar, buding.
Speaker 4: Have you?
Speaker 3: Have you partaken in all of it? Or you just trying to?
Speaker 2: Nah? Nah, I did it most of it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I want to try all all the different foods. But they got a lot of stuff down there. But most of that stuff be good though, so I'm messing with it so far.
Speaker 3: So what about the bene You've been eating the bigns?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: You know you know, I'm from New Orleans. I'm from I'm from the I'm from the Fifth Ward.
Speaker 2: I thought you was from Miami Town.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought too. But don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm gonna teach you how the second line.
Speaker 1: Producting. I mean they got some good I mean, hey, hey, Chris, how you keep your weight down? I mean you eating all that you talking about? You like the gumbo and the partaking eating benye, I mean how you keep your weight down? Bro?
Speaker 2: Man, God bless me. I'm skinny. I can't go over one night. Man, I'm straight.
Speaker 1: All right, man, congratulations man, continue success, stay healthy, finish up the finish up the last two weeks, extremely strong. Going to get a couple of hundred, get two hundies and you know, a couple of tubs and finish up the season like you wanted to and get ready to take a little break if this offseason, get ready to hit the offseason program and come back strong and get the things back into the postseason.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's gonna have an appreciate you for having me, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Appreciation for coming on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Crystal Love outstanding wide receiver for the New Orleans Saints. Man May Christmas. Whatever you celebrate, where it's Christmas, Honukua, kwanza, whatever you celebrate. Hopefully you have a pleasant one. Man. Yes. Likewise, see Joe, I couldn't. I couldn't. I couldn't. Uh, I don't know if I could live. But I ain't no eating like that, don't Yoe. So I don't really be I don't really.
Speaker 3: For the super Bowler store.
Speaker 6: You a.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, have mercy. Man, I'm talking about I'm.
Speaker 4: Talking about, okay.
Speaker 1: I just I ain't no eat. I ain't okay.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm just trying to understand you.
Speaker 1: You ain't no bad.
Speaker 4: It's the way you say things. When you say eater, it's based on where I'm from. If somebody is an eat. That ain't a good thing. So I just needed you to clarify you was going with that.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, man, we were talking about we was talking about a two fade, was talking about lind We was talking about Gumbo. We was talking about Buda and we was talking about that. That's what he was talking about. And this man gonna come here talk about what you mean? You know that? No, I know, I don't know that. I've told you that. You trying to get me to come over to your side.
Speaker 4: I'm cool where I am.
Speaker 3: I ain't bother nobody. I ain't hurt nobody.
Speaker 4: I was just making sure. I was just making sure. I just I just want to look clarification. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I don't. I didn't want to go down I didn't want to go down the wrong lane visually. That's all. So you talking about.
Speaker 1: Listen, I understand that you had a job at the post off. Was you in the back looking for help?
Speaker 4: That mean that mean yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Practice Look y'all, don't see y'all. Hey, y'all don't remember I remember when he was playing that looked like the Kio fights. I'm just saying, I'm like was.
Speaker 4: Hey, I listen, I just listen.
Speaker 1: My bad I you know me.
Speaker 4: That made me get off track. Man, it's the holiday too.
Speaker 1: Hey you man, I'm a challenge.
Speaker 4: Give me.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give me a red flag. And any time you say somebody a line, I'm a challenge. I need to Hey, I need good good be good? Ah man, we good be good. I'm yo joe challenge man, I gotta challenge that. Come on, tack, help me out, man, I gotta challenge this man. No, man, no, uh.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, it's nothing. It's nothing wrong with me asking for a little a little bit of clarity before you get perspective on what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: That's all. I'm gonna do that thing like coach Belichick pulled up my socket, throw it right down in front of him right there. No, that com what you throw the flag for? Un challenge on the play that that's unnecessary what he just said, it was unnecessary due to the comments that due to the conversation.
Speaker 4: With the conversation ended with Chris So, I thought I thought you were leading into something else. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't leading, I said.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. I didn't know. I know now though I know that I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay, guess what that one fun.
Speaker 3: Unnecessary conduct on the visitors.
Speaker 1: I got flagged. I got flagged for it. Now chat, we could I could throw a flag on him. It's a fifty, or I can challenge something that he said, because get ridiculous. This man, well weren't talking about that.
Speaker 4: What he was talking I didn't know. That's why I asked for clarity, that's all. But we were good.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm gonna get a yellow car to say, you understand, yellow car. I'm gonna have a yellow car. I would get a red card on you. You got to go for it.
Speaker 4: You got to go like be good.
Speaker 3: You got to say that the whole Yeah, come.
Speaker 4: On, man, man, my bad, my bad, my bad?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: What had I got on my joints? I ain't never be able to steal your joy because your joy comfort with it. I can't steal it. Can't nobody you stole it.
Speaker 1: I had a good old conversation, was talking about some jumple lied. I was gonna chat, what did y'all have to eat today? So far to song? And this man gonna talk about.
Speaker 4: You said you were an eater where I'm from you never describe yourself as an eater, because if you were an eater, then you shown, and you don't want to be a shown or you don't want to be eater.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just trying. I'm trying to I'm trying to guide you in the right direction on on what you want to say. Eater ain't the right word. Okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: I'll just tell y'all chat. Hey, you're that witness hot the other day. Carpet, Well, carpet. I ain't got no carpet. I got got tired.
Speaker 3: I guess you've been practicing.
Speaker 4: I don't practice.
Speaker 1: I don't practice. Hey, I was talking about eating jump bla to Faith. I was talking about that's what.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was close. That was close enough that we was close enough.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: First of all, if you're from New Orleans, you know.
Speaker 1: I know what it is. I told you.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm from uptown. I'm uptown. What damn I thought you was from the fifth ward from listen, I'm from all over man, Yeah, I'm from all over.
Speaker 1: All right, I take your word for it. Oh Joe, the coast of one in five Since the trade for sauce Gardener and are not almost certainly out of the playoffs. Oh, Joe, I can't remember. Maybe you can.
Speaker 3: Can you remember seeing a team go all in and it deteriorates?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't. I can't recall right now. I'm sure if someone was to jog my memory on a situation where a team went all in that was playing extremely well all season and understood they were a piece of two away from actually having a realistic shot, and that's what the Coats had based on the way Daniel Jones had them playing, they really had a realistic shot. You go out and get Sauce Garden and you give up two first round picks for that. A lot of people you laugh about it and understand, Yeah, and you let Ad Metri go. You understand. You Gotdvius Ward on one side with Sauce Garden. You have a great defense is playing well. You got a goddamn offense that's being run by Daniel Jones that is phenomenal. You got Jonathan Taylor running crazy, running wild like crash bandicoot. So you understand why they did what they did. But I'm not sure. It's like pouring water on a paper bag. The goddamn bottom fell out. The goddamn bottom fell out. Injuries happened, and things just didn't go well. So I know one thing, there's always next year. Daniel Jones will have time to heal and come back from that that fibula that it was a c l leg at the same time, because obviously he had to compensate for one from one area when that phibul was hurts. I'm assuming that's probably how that happened. But I mean he'll be fine. I mean, as a quarterback, he's not that mobile anyway, so he'll still be able to do what he did this year, and he was mobile once upon a time. Will remember he tripped himself up when he when he had that long glance and he trippedlf Okay, yes, yes, oh shoot, so.
Speaker 1: We'll see how much how much it will him? Okay, that's better now now I think the fibula will be fine.
Speaker 4: The question is that Achilles, well, we've seen it.
Speaker 1: Will he be able to?
Speaker 4: Will he be able to like we've seen Anon Rodgers come back from it, We've seen Kirk kirk Cousins come back from it.
Speaker 1: Kirk Cousin was a statue anyway, and Rogers and but you have to realize it did hinder them some. But Rogers ain't have this kind of speed, ain't have this kind of mobility. This kid, this kid can run. This kid will looks he could really really run. And you saw oh Joe he when he took up on it. I think that was a Monday night, May night.
Speaker 3: He was actually.
Speaker 1: Funny.
Speaker 4: That was Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it is probably next year, maybe won't be the best version.
Speaker 1: It will probably be the following absolutely before we see the best version of Daniel Jones. But he was playing extremely well this year. He had definitely ended with Smack Dad. But I understand why they did what they did. They're going for I mean, and look, you go for it. It's like, you know, you see a piece of property and you like, okay, this is the one, and you go all in on it, and then the market makes a correction or it swings the other way, and then a bad things happen. But I don't, you know, I don't did they give up too much? It's easy to say that now.
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 1: I thought Sauls watching him like I've watched him. I thought his play had slipped over the last couple of years compared to where it was his rookie year. O Joe. I thought he's starting to get more. He started to do more clutching and more grabbing, getting more penalties. He seemed to like to drift a little bit. But hey, they did what they did. Clearly, when you make that kind of move, you signed off a er, say Carly, I think her name is Carly. She's the one of the owners, one of the gem's daughters that's running over with the with the other two sisters. But I understand why they did what they did considering but they feel they have their quarterback, and you got to have him because you look what's in that division. C J. Stroud. You got cam Ward and you got Trevor Lawrence. So they feel they got their quarterback. They got a defense. They got bucks back. Uh you mentioned that Haddarious Uh Grenarious Ward. Uh you get pair him with Sauce. You got Buck, you got Frank, you got so you got guys like, okay, we could do some things and then boom, Daniel Jones get hurt and then boom Saws get hurt and you're just getting bummed back. But it just it just all fell apart.
Speaker 4: I mean, you got you gotta think how many times an opportunity comes around where your team is built perfectly perfectly and you got the right piece and Daniel Jones coming in, uh and and everything's hitting on all cylinders. You make that move. You gotta make that move because you never know when you have that opportunity again.
Speaker 1: You never you never know. Uh yeah, but you know they went for it, and it's unfortunately not gonna work out for them this year. Uh. They'll add some pieces and and and try to strengthen it and try to make it run in the next year. But if you look at if you look at the AFC, everybody got really young quarterbacks. You look at Demmer, you look at the Chargers, you look at Kansas City has my homes. Now we'll see how he comes back from the ACL and AC and LCL. We'll see how he comes back with You look at Trevor Lawrence, you look at CJ. Stroud cam Ward. We'll see what Tennessee can do. Add pieces around him. And then you go to the north. You got Joe Burrow, he's there. Does Aaron Rodgers come back? What's the situation gonna happen? Ojo with Baltimore? Is Lamar there or is Lamar moving on. And then you got New England Young, you got Buffalo Young Jacks in Miami. We know there's gonna be some turnover there, but you still got seven to eight teams that you're gonna have to deal with for the next several years because of their quarterback play and how they're positioned themselves.
Speaker 3: So it's not it's not gonna be easy for the for the Coats, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: The Lakers dropped their third straight game, losing on Christmas Day till the Rockets one nineteen to ninety six. As bad as stretch as has been for LA, a larger issue still looms. Auster Reeves left calf he missed the second half tonight. According to Dave mcminnimon, Reeves was surely undergo for the time.
Speaker 4: Man, what happened onun You know, I was watching football all day.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, people got all over Rich Paul was having a conversation here and Max Kellerman they got a podcast together, and he was saying Lakers aren't championship contenders, and people got all over it, and they're not. And I said this, Your three best players don't play defense. Your three best players don't play defense. You can't win. You can't score enough because if you miss a shot, they're gonna go down to the other end. At one point in time, I saw the Rockets were shooting fifty seven percent from the floor and fifty plus percent from the three. So, in other words, they're getting whatever the hell they want, whatever the hell they want, however the hell they want. You can't win like that. I don't care. I don't care. Luca can score forty, Lebron can score twenty five, A and a Ar can score thirty, But the other team is gonna get a gonna get layups and get dunks and get two foot shots.
Speaker 4: Let me see, did did they expect Rich Paul to to not be honest?
Speaker 1: Yes, look at this, Kevin Durant eight or fourteen, Jabar Smith six or nine, Tarry Easton was six and fourteen. Sung Goon was five or seven, arm And Thompson twelve or nine. Uh, just Jashaun Tate one or two, Steven Adams two or three, Clint Copella three or four, Reed Shephard five or ten. They shot fifty three percent. Four damn the Lakers shot fifty one percent.
Speaker 4: Oh that that wasn't bad. What happened to reads though, Uncle, he's gonna be something bad.
Speaker 1: Calf. He was dealing with a calf issue.
Speaker 4: Yea, probably got a little straining, he got Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, turnovers, they turned the ball over too much. Uh, Luca had four turnovers in the first five in the first five minutes of the game. M Luca until they until they decide to play defense. Excuse me and Jay Jacob can have a conversation. You can have a meeting with Luca. Uh. He can have a meeting with Lebron. But he needed to have a meeting with Homeland security because maybe they can guards.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, the Laker needs somebody to play defense. Boy, you know who they can call long Oo what you mean who? You're looking at him?
Speaker 3: You got the ball?
Speaker 1: That's an offensive stands, that's not a defensive stance.
Speaker 4: Oh lord, Hey, hey, hey boy, ain't nothing getting past that. You hit me?
Speaker 1: Can you hear me? Hey? Hey?
Speaker 4: Can you hand check? Can you hand check now? Can you hand check again?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm gonna use ma elbow like this. You see that, and you got get get a good base, good elbow.
Speaker 1: All they gonna do is spin off your leg up or don't his heir. Oh my god, yeah, I didn't know. I didn't know if you from I thought you was from Ash.
Speaker 4: Will you know it's it's Christmas, it's chree on. You don't putting on putting a lotion on on Christmas. I was chilling.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's embarrassing. I'm gonna be one thousand percent. Chat is embarrassing. Y'all watch him they I mean the other night against Phoenix, the other night, and they just they just they won't play defense. Damn, they won't play. They won't. They won't play defense. It's not that they won't, they can't. They got guys that can't play. Luca cannot play defense. He can't. Lebron is too old to play defense. He's not gonna be able to sit in the chair. Yeah he can chase down and he could, he can deal for But your three best players they don't plays. And it puts so much stress on the others to try to recover and to try to cover for those guys after it are getting blown by. Now the defense is common.
Speaker 4: Hold on, now, what happened? Now, some gonna have to give offensively. If everyone starts playing defense, then the office output is gonna change drastically.
Speaker 1: But the problem that you have, if you go look at it, DeAndre Ayden is not a defensive center, so he don't offer you the protection that someone that's a defensive guy that can give you. Look at I mean, look at maxi Cleeberd doesn't play defense, don't connect, doesn't play defense. The only guy that you really got to play defense is Marcus mart and Jery Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt played pretty good tonight. He's three or four from the three. But a lot of times, don't Joe. They leave him wide open. They help, They double to get the ball out of Luca hair. They'll double to get the ball out of Ouster Reed's hair. They'll double and they'll go cover. So if I double Oster Reeves, I'm gonna go cover Lebron, I'm gonna go cover Luca. I believe Jared Vanderbilt wide open. I don't believe it can make that shot. Dang be bad that not. I mean, look nineteen and ten. But until they decide, they make it up in their mind they want to play defense. Ain't nothing, ain't nothing going on eight? And what did they didn't have to night eight? Was five or six. Man had two rebounds. Man seven foot tall got two rebounds. They got out rebounded by twenty plus. There was minus twenty three on the rebounding end. Dang kd had more rebounds, Jabari Smith had more rebounds, Tarry Easton had more rebounds, Shan Goon had more rebounds, and Thompson had more rebounds. Steven Adams had more rebounds. Clint Copella had more rebounds, and Reed Shepherd of Guard who played nineteen minutes, had the same number of rebounds is DeAndre Eighton oh Man, the leading rebounder was Luca. Luca had five and Jared Vandabilt had five. Lebron had to, Ruin, had to Ruy, Ruy got cardio. In the night. Ruy was zero points, zero for six from the field, er for three from the three point line, didn't shoot any free throws, two up rebounds, one assist, a turnover of steal. Everybody was terrible. Lebron minus thirty three, Ruin minus twenty nine, DeAndre minus fourteen, Luca minus twenty five, Austin Reeves minus seven, Cleveland minus eight. Only Jared Vanderbilt and Robbia was plus. Everybody else was bad ninety night.
Speaker 4: And that's the third lost, third loss in the row. He said, yeah, yep, you know, hey, it's like a it's like a baseball player. When you know, when you're a slugger, sometimes you get you're getting a little slump. You hear me, you're getting a little slump. And it's the only way to get a if it's only one way you get up out that slump. On you gotta keep on stepping up to the plate. You gotta keep on swinging. At some points you're gonna connect. At some point them boys gonna get out there and get themselves back in the rhythm. All the tickets won. It is take one game, Oh no, they can.
Speaker 3: Scoring is not the defense.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: If you see the team, they gave up one hundred and nineteen points. But what happened?
Speaker 1: Let but heard the problem. What happens when you struggle and you don't play defense. You get beat like this, You get beat like you got beat in Phoenix. You get beat by twenty twenty five thirty. That's the problem. Losing is not the problem is that when you don't play defense. It's how you lose. A Christmas edition, Oh y'all, Christmas tradition like no other. Anthony Davis got oh damn. Inside the NBA spoke about ad future with the math Chuck say, what are the maths gonna do? They're in trouble now because it's clear to me that Anthony Davis, as much as we like him and love him as a player, he's never gonna be healthy. They gotta make a decision. Kenny Smith asked, what would you do? Chuck said, I think I might move on. If I was running the team, I'd say, you know what, it's Cooper teams now.
Speaker 4: I mean, it could still be Cooper's team, and because of the scoop of team, you're gonna you're gonna allow those injuries where he's not available to play Anthony Davis in general and allow Cooper to take over and you have your other pieces in place. I don't think you let someone like Anthony Davis go away. You're still gonna need that veteran presence there until Kyrie come back at some point. I'm not do you really want to let another what's what's eighty?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: He's a he's a he's a.
Speaker 4: What twenty twelve and eight?
Speaker 6: Guy? No?
Speaker 4: Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: Okay? For sure?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Not not not not not that many says, But he's a he's a double double Okay, twenty he's a double double guy more normally somewhere like twenty two to twenty four. Uh, he'll give you somewhere between ten and twelve rebounds somewhere between.
Speaker 4: Okay, I wouldn't. I wouldn't that.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't give you two blocks to too and a half blocks that far.
Speaker 4: But that do you really want to let something go like that? That's that productive on the office end, that's that productive on the defense end as well. Huh? That he can be a three level score at well, mostly from mid range and in the paint. He can play with his back, he can post up. I mean, he can face you out man. You know, what were we talking about? It ain't that. It ain't that many out there like that. Do you really want to let him go just because of his injury history? And do you get someone else that doesn't give the production that he does when he is healthy?
Speaker 1: But Ocho, But he's only given me that seven eight times. You know, he gives me that thirty games a year. I can't I can't count on him.
Speaker 3: Remember he missed time earlier this year.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe with a cav Oh he shore did, hey, And I'm sick of people calling him street closed too.
Speaker 2: That's rude.
Speaker 4: I think that's very rude.
Speaker 1: God, that's the most of the time they see him. That's what he's in, not in a basketball uniform. And now he's heard again. Remember he got there last year and the first game he played, he's going off and he heard his growing and twenty four he got he hurt his ankle. I mean, it is what it is, oh Joe. It's not like people are making things up. He's injured and awful lot. You can't deny that he's a phenomenal player. He was voted one of the seventy five greatest players to ever play in the NBA. He is a champion, He is an All NBA selection, an All Defensive selection. Yes, yes, he's phenomenal.
Speaker 4: But oh Joe, So I got a question too, Oh guy, I got a question for you, right, So think about hey, chat, I know y'all love your basketball now, so you know I'm getting warm. I'm getting warm. I getting good at it now. So you'd rather move on from ad because he has an injury history, right, So if I ask you the same question in the same scenario when it comes to Joel Embiid, would you move on from Joel and Biid as well because of his injury history and him always being hurt as well? Or do the goal move depending on who the player is talking about.
Speaker 1: No, No, the same thing with Joel and b I think Joel and Bid has probably been healthy one playoff run more times than not, the season's end with a knee, ankle, or back. You know, I made the joke that only babies have more stomach issues than Joel and Bed. But it's always something with him. It is he's just a large man on a frame and he can't stay healthy. I think he left the game the other night. I don't know if he came back in or what's the status now, But he left the game the other night. I don't know if he came back in because once he left, I turned.
Speaker 4: Damn man. I you know, I just when I hear about people getting injuries, whether regardless of sport, regardless of sport, I wish I could just give them the area of my body that is hurting on them.
Speaker 1: I just met here.
Speaker 4: Goddamn Lamar take my back or Patrick Mahomes, Fuck it. He'll take my acl or keep you whatever, whatever it may be. Just I mean, Anthony David, take my guy, damn brawing, Like I don't. I don't understand. It's it's something that goes wrong all the time, no matter what. And I know these players, they don't play around when it comes to strength and auditioning and training in the off season. So I'm curious how they have all the resources and have the best of the best of everything and still for some reason get hurt. You don't, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. I don't understand it. It's just it's it's it's odd to me. It's just it's just odd. And they have all these they have all these specialists on that tell you you got to eat this, and you gotta do this, you gotta and like as advances and as far as we've come, or so I thought, when it comes to health and strength and additioning and eating right and and all this stuff they talk about, and you'll last long, you won't get hurt.
Speaker 1: To give you anything.
Speaker 4: I just everybody continues to keep falling apart. Everybody is still falling apart.
Speaker 1: Play. The pace of play has greatly increased. They're getting up and down. Everybody's just getting up and down the court now. So your body and if you have like anything that could potentially yeah, you're gonna get you know, you're gonna be You're growing ham strings and things of that because they're up and down now.
Speaker 3: O Joe, you see these teams.
Speaker 1: I think somebody Atlanta lost the game the other night one fifty to one fifty two in regulation. Teams are routine in the high one twenties and the one thirties now and maybe maybe and maybe maybe maybe that's why the pace has increased and guys are getting more injured than than than than than what they were in years past. But something, I mean, I feel bad. I feel bad for Anthony, but you just can't say healthy. Steph Curry spoke spoke about the spat between Dremond and Steve curR a few days ago, saying them two are now in a better play. Stuff like that happens. They have equity of years and years of a relationship that has its moments. They handled yesterday at practice well, and we handled it to well as a team. Yeah, oh Joe, what'd you think? I mean?
Speaker 4: I heard about it I've seen it happen before many of times. I mean at different levels NFL, you know, college. I've seen it in high school and I tell I saw it in pe week. And most of the time the players that do that are very very, very very important players that are intricate part of whether it be offensive defense. I don't see just your average joes do that or get into it with coaches like that. I think it does happen at times. I've seen it many of times. It's not often that it's caught like that on camera, but it does happen, and I'm sure they will make a big deal out of it because those on the outside looking in they're not too fond of it and don't think it should happen. But it's something that goes on, especially when it comes to competitive sports, especially at the highest level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I think the thing is it's just that it's with Draymond.
Speaker 4: It's always something oh yeah, that's him, that's him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've never seen a guy like leave, go, don't go to the locker room, don't come back out then say come back out later when it you know, because he wasn't in a good I guess Look, this is.
Speaker 3: Where they are as a team. They know Draymond. Draymond has been in the league.
Speaker 1: I think a decade now, maybe a little twelve years, so they know what they They know Draymond. He's been like this.
Speaker 3: So am I surprised that they continuously deal with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's important. He's important for what they do. Huh, he's important. It's like it's like having an engine. It's like having an engine. He's not Steph Curry, he's not kaminga but the engine is not working unless you have the goddamn belt on there. It's not going nowhere unless you got the belt. He's the belt to the engine.
Speaker 1: They're not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: Ye that's not nice.
Speaker 1: I'm being honest. They're not beating They're not beating the Nuggets in a seven game series. They're not beating the San Antonio in a seven game series. They're not beating ok C in a seven game series. I'm not sure they could beat Minnesota in a seven game series. So what are we What are we actually talking about? You're not going nowhere? So what you think?
Speaker 4: So Steph, Steph currisey, don't do that. You just said they're not going nowhere, So while would stay there, he should go to a contender and come on down to Miami.
Speaker 1: No, they might, They'll try, they'll try to get someone to come join Steph. But then and Steph doesn't want to go. Steph want to be one of Steph want to be one of those single Jersey guys. You want to be a bird, you want to be a man. Yeah, you know he wants he want to be a Tim Duncan. He wants to be one of those guys that spend their entire career when I can see him spending his tire career. Now, hey, that's happened. Things happened. But I mean, I don't even I don't even know. I don't I don't even know. I don't even know how I would even look to see Steph at somebody, It's something other than that blue yell and white. I mean, really, can you can you see Steph? I mean, think about how George looked when he was with the Wizards. Can you imagine Magic Johnson in another uniform? Could your mad Larry Bird in another uni It wouldn't look See it's different than Lebron. We've seen Lebron go from Cleveland to Miami and back to Cleveland to Los Angeles. So just to see Steph in what year this will be year six, fifteen sixteen, to see him in the might be, might be even later than that, might be your seventeen eighteen. To see him in another uniform, it was like Katie and Russ. We've seen them transfer you for him, so it's not shocked. It was the ZKD even like damn man kd in and the OKAC anymore. But then you go from ok See the Warriors into the nets, into the nets to you know, Phoenix and Phoenix not of Houston. So it ain't nothing but to see like damn Steph Curry and another. So yeah, basket, I guess basketball is different, oh Joe. The Spurs beat the Thunder one seventeen to one O two for the third win over them of the defending champs in two weeks. Okay See started the season twenty four to one, tie for the league's best record. Through twenty five games, the Thunder are two and four cents, including three losses to the Spurs. Now, Jayalen Williams said, oh, we would beat the Bulls, and we would beat.
Speaker 3: This team, and we beat the twenty seventeen Golden.
Speaker 4: State or are you feeling good? Huh oh he was feeling good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, we're gonna get the Okay, okay, bro beating Spurs, beating Spurs before you talk about beating the twenty seventeen Warriors, that's arguably one. That's arguably one of the greatest three teams. And I'm not so sure there's two War three. It's ever been as simber.
Speaker 3: Do you understand that they had Steph Clay and of kd on the Sads.
Speaker 4: Seventy three and nine, seventy three and nineteen, No, that was that was the year after.
Speaker 1: That was the year before seventy three and nine was twenty sixteen when they uh, I mean twenty fifteen, twenty yeah, twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: When they lost to the Uhland Lebron came back.
Speaker 1: Uh Harrison Barnes had fifteen points, Dearren Fox goes crazy twenty nine except for Stefan Castle had nineteen Winby had nineteen uh twenty six minutes, eleven rebounds to assist only one block. He was plus thirteen. Look that they're good, They're really good. And you getting to the paint and you know you got seven four and a half. Yeah, he's athletic. He's not a he's not just a statue. He's not a movie.
Speaker 3: He's fluid.
Speaker 4: Hey, ain't so funny for him to be that tall. He to be that tall, he moves like he's six three six four and being able to handle the ball like that, that's not that's not supposed to happen. You're not supposed you're not supposed to be.
Speaker 1: No, but they did a They did an unbelievable job. Man, this team is good. Look r c.
Speaker 3: Bufould have done a great job. The picks that he's drafted.
Speaker 1: Uh, combined with the free agents, you know you're getting a Harrison Barns and a Looke Cornet and making the trade for Darren Fox. Uh. You know, Hey, they're good. And the young really really young. So I don't think people really appreciate somebody won, like the Bulls seventy three of what what they what they was seventy two and ten, and then then Golden State goes seventy three and nine. The only thing that you know, it had been the greatest season ever had they win the championship, but they didn't win it. So seventy two and ten and winning the championship is better than seventy three and nine and not. But Spurs gonna be a tough out, man, Spurs gonna be a tough out for anybody.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, they'll be a tough out for anybody. But can they beat Can they beat them in a seven game series?
Speaker 1: Now? I understand they well they beat them three times because see anybody like when they beat the like when they beat them Ojo in the NBA Cup in Vegas, Like, okay, everybody's like, man, look at Spanish on I said, that's one game.
Speaker 3: You need to beat them three times? Where they beating them three times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I don't know. Last time I checked, everybody said, Shae and Shaye and company was repeating they was, they were, They're gonna they're going back to back.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why back to backs are hard, really hard.
Speaker 4: So who you got, who who you got to win a championship this year? If it's if it's not Shaye and Company.
Speaker 1: Well for me, you make me pick I was saying, it's gonna be somebody at the West, the next or the best teams of every the Knicks or the best team in the East. Okay, okay, because Bronson is playing out of his mind again. Cat is playing extremely well. He just got engaged. Congratulations cat Uh. Josh Hart is doing Josh Hart things. They just got a nice rotation. Mike Brown has them playing well. Mike Brown has them playing extremely well. But look when you look at it, Spurs. Okay, see Denver, those are the cream of the crop in the West. Yeah, the Pistons are tough. I love ka ka ua oh jo Shiloh. Sanders went to his father's, Coach Prime's house, and noticed he didn't get any gifts from Christmas, but all the gifts were from Karuchi, Coach Prime's girlfriend. Let's take a listen to the video.
Speaker 5: Brow this actually the other tree. That means courage. He's doing her thing because this is not just his idea. He's in there sleep right now.
Speaker 6: I hear something up.
Speaker 1: And my name is not known.
Speaker 6: It is Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm going home.
Speaker 6: Everything says miss k On here that she has so much stuff. All this is just for I didn't get anything. Bucky has three gifts already, Bro, I don't think I have anything.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out he got Bucky, he got Buoky in on this.
Speaker 4: That's funny, though. That's funny. You know, no matter how old you get, you always you're always expecting that gift from pops. Man, you're always expecting that gift from Pops. That's that's funny.
Speaker 1: Do you uh uh? Do you ever get too old to start stop buying gifts?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't think so. But I gotten. I've gotten to the point where there's really nothing anyone else can give me that that I would need. So I'm I'm in a position now where I prefer to be the one doing the giving. I tell my kids, you've been the one doing the given.
Speaker 1: What Dad, you mean you prefer to.
Speaker 4: As my kids have gotten older, you prefer to give up. I told my kids, man, it's not man, Daddy don't need nothing for Christmas. You know what I want, you ain't gonna be able to get. I saw, I saw a super yacht. Super yacht it was. It was only three hundred and twenty nine million. And if that's something y'all want to get for me, y'all get your daddy, Thatt. But that's that's yeah.
Speaker 7: They need that they need. Had a bit in Arkansas and had that album ticket there we go so I told them, and listen, daddy, don't need nothing. Man, if if you want to get something anyway, I mean, listen, I like I like underwear. I like underwear from I like Hanes from Target. I like my Hanes tank tops, you know, from Target. And I like my huge socks from Amazon. And that that's that's pretty much it. Outside of that, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't need no gifts.
Speaker 4: Never did kids had the kids had a time to day? Oh they had?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I ain't get no gift.
Speaker 3: Huh, kids ain't sending me.
Speaker 1: They didn't. You showed.
Speaker 4: You might want to check. You might want to check check your check, you PayPal, check, your your apple, pare, your cash up.
Speaker 1: They ain't said that because I ain't got no PayPal.
Speaker 4: Kay, you get it. You got a text message? Yeah, okay, there you go, there you there you go, and you go that mean long long as Yeah you got that. That's a good, that's a good.
Speaker 1: No, I ain't no longer nothing.
Speaker 4: Oh so you wanted to give what the hell your kids gonna get you that you don't already have or ain't had before? Think about it?
Speaker 1: More of what I've already got earth man's bag, chip in together and get your dad a man.
Speaker 4: Just get it just a roundabout number.
Speaker 1: Uh. It all depends on what you're getting. I mean probably cheap is something you probably can get is I don't know, maybe God for a bad Yeah yeah, I want one of the more crop. I want one the more big old crop, bad than fake kwan and uh Stefan Diggs carried. They didn't get me one of those one of those cognact colors. No, you know that that color?
Speaker 4: How how much you think?
Speaker 1: How much you take them? Run?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What a honey?
Speaker 4: Who American dollars?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Here you say, I know somebody will make one for you. You won't nobody be different?
Speaker 1: No, they can't. They can't. They can't make that. They can't make they can't make that that that that that that goal or that sterling silver buckles, the hardware.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, I'm gonna get that's what I want.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. I like it if I don't, ain't gonna lose.
Speaker 3: No, don't get it? What way double no? But no, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I talked, I talked, I talked to and the grands in the bed. You know he was over there with his uh uh he and his uh his uh Rebecca, his wife, my daughter in law. They went to his mom and her mom when they went over there, and you know, with the grand kids and everything. So it was cool.
Speaker 4: That's dope. I mean, I have I got all. I got all the kids here with me. Yeah, oh yeah, all of them. Hey boy, my plate, my place look a mess boy, Oh my god, it is. It's really bad.
Speaker 1: It's so bad.
Speaker 4: I asked, lady, who does who does the cleaning? Like, listen, I don't mean to bother you. I know it's Christmas, but you got to come. You got to come because I can't do this.
Speaker 1: Oh tomorrow yeah my my, my people are not coming tomorrow either, So it's gonna be it's gonna be tough. But you know. But the thing else I forgot, Oh yo, the trash come on Fridays, and I got weak ut of Thursday night.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I woke up with a pan, but outside he was he was going down the road.
Speaker 1: Oh you missed him, not tra piled up mm hmm, sky high. But I it's out there now. I made sure I ain't missing ad this time around. You go with that trash or I would gonna be a somebody else is gonna be I would take my bags and put him in somebody else's trash. Can oh Yoe, It's time to play player faide presented by Prize Picks Justin Herbert to throw for less than two hundred and five two hundred and twelve yards against that Texans defense. Justin Herbert is one of the most sacked quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Barnett, Will Anderson Jr.
Speaker 1: They got Will Anderson Jr. They got, Uh, what's they got from the Neil Hunter? Yeah? What do you think of? Joe?
Speaker 4: That's a tough one. That's a tough one. I mean, even even as great as that offense is, Justin Herbert has still been able to put up yards through the air.
Speaker 1: Mh.
Speaker 4: And it ain't it ain't for him to get to him in twelve. That ain't nothing. That's what I'm gonna leave that one on you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say no, I'm going under.
Speaker 1: I'm going under. Kyle Fairbourne more than eight and a half Fantasy points. So so field goals counted three points, right, I don't know. I'm gonna say yes, yes, I say you get three field goals and a p A T. Yes. Zave Flowers forty five, forty six yards receiving against the Packers. Hell yeah, yeah, it looks like Huntley is going to be starting. It's trending in that direction. Lamar did not practice today, he didn't practice yesterday. That probably they say. It look like it's a great chance that he doesn't practice tomorrow. So if he doesn't practice tomorrow, out.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't you play with me leaguing and stuff to the media and Mike Preston, I wouldn't play either. Yeah, we here, you want to play? Okay, we could play?
Speaker 1: Hey, go ahead, Romeo Dobbs more than thirty six yards receiving versus the Ravens against that race against that Ravens secondary. Yeah yeah, going more than that? Yep. So I'm gonna say less for Justin Herbert. I'm gonna say more for Kyle Fairburn. I'm gonna say more for Za Flowers. Romeo should do thirty six. That ain't too much. Twenty five dollars to one hundred and fifty dollars. Download the apter today. Use coach Shennon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars, lineup prize picks. It's good to be right, all right, Oh Joe, We're gonna get your haired on this one.
Speaker 3: It's time five, final segment, but evening, it's time for Q and A.
Speaker 1: Doctor. Frankie L. Bellaman says, Hey, fam, Merry Christmas, Marry Christmas to you two, Doc, you and yours. They said that one point eight million billion dollar powerball ticket was sold in Arkansas. Oh, if Joe ain't on here, I don't know, Oh Joe, Joe was supposed to be on here last Goodnight. I ain't saying he wanted, but they might be assigned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's how it be.
Speaker 1: Now. If he ain't on here, next win, you know what time it is? Yeah, yeah, Joe wanted Keper knowing what Junior say. Hell un Oh Joe just wanted to say, Mary Christmas, love y'all, love you to Keper, Thank you for tuning in, Thank you for being so faithful, he pray ninety eight. Hey, oh Joe, what you know about Ben r funk? Oh? What you know?
Speaker 4: By? What you know about being man?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know nothing about being What you know?
Speaker 4: He a Ben is?
Speaker 1: Ben?
Speaker 4: Ben is one of the most skillful players that has ever played the game. So to give you better context, right, better context in football terms, he would be like, uh, who is very flashy? Oh my goodness, that that's hard like h darren Spros in the open field or a Dante Hall in the open field and when he gets the ball. You know, I'm I'm trying to think of a comparison without without naming the player that's is like super great and super elite. But he was a he was skillful, very skillful.
Speaker 3: I got no chill. Oh ho if Christmas trying to pay.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, y'all, y'all need to stop acting like the fairs and snitches man y'all, you know, like come on now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank y'all for reminding me. And I ain't got my money yet. Panthers Prime Podcast keep pounding tg O seven to one eight five. Merry Christmas to you and your family, guys. I think the Bronco Chiefs proved divisional games are always tough. They absolutely are. Having played the Chief I was in that division obviously playing the Chief playing the Raiders, they were always tough. They were always tough. But you know, we cracked them. You know, we go ahead and jump on them. You gotta kill ant with a sledgehammer. You can't give a team that don't have anything to play for something to play for, like beating your ass or kicking you out or dropping you down a peg, so you don't get the slot or the seeding that you want. You gotta jump on the team early. That's what did. We played the other We played the Chiefs, we played the Chargers or Kansas, excuse me, the Raiders. We gotta get on them jokers early, especially when you got something to play for and they don't, because they were like nothing more than to mess your whole season up. Triple X cop Saturday, Did you get your fifty nine hundred? If so, disregard this this super chat. If not, Oh Jo got to catch your hands. Man, I know this, I know this. Uh this Haitian lady. She said all she said, all she said all I needed.
Speaker 5: That is it?
Speaker 1: She says, she ay, she says, shlon. I have him on his hands and knees and asking his hands. What's wrong with him?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, my God, don't play that boy. He but the Bible they don't say, ain't no spells. It ain't no formulas and nothing nothing formed against me. Shall prosper mm hm huh.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna prosper. I just I just want you a I just want you the question man, if I pay this will this day? Will my back start hurting?
Speaker 4: I told you, I told you, I got you. Holidays over now, my kids straight, I'm good.
Speaker 1: You boy, sam me Arman Ross was complaining on the Christmas boy, give that check and I'll suit up like bro.
Speaker 3: Come on, get that bread while you can. It sounds good.
Speaker 1: Tyler Hamlet of six, Oh your may Christmas, Oh your my cousin played at Marshall, played with your nephew. Pie ball world up.
Speaker 3: You can come down to low country hilton Head and go fishing with me and Pops.
Speaker 1: Man. I you know I've been on you know, been on Hilton Head a couple of times. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know, right across the bridge, You're not right across the town bridge. I go across there.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I do something for you. Who is that Hilton Caroline.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah, I ain't. I ain't ain't. I ain't never been to South Carolina, all right, I have no I mean, I'm sure it's fun. I'm sure it's a lot to do. I mean I would like to visit. You know, now that they extended to invite, I have no problem. You know me, don't invite me nowhere, Charles.
Speaker 1: The Myrtle Beach, Oh, Myrtle Beaches.
Speaker 4: But they had a motorcycle thing. Huh you know the motorcycle thing and the Myrtle Beach right bike week bike something. Yeah, it's Turtle Beach. Know, I ain't never been, but I know that.
Speaker 1: Uh. Caleb Robinson a h. Broncos only are Broncos only making a divisional round? If they get the number one seed, they definitely got to play better than what they've been playing the last the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Marcus, we're looking at that Lapoortier in Saint Louis Hooks.
Speaker 1: So go Broncos. Oho, we play for them, Bengals and Dolphins. I ain't praying for us. I ain't doing it. Chakourt eighty five, said Mary Christmas n and oo can y'all shout out by Loyer. She got me tickets to see my first game and got me a sign Oho jersey love your nightcap. Oh yeah, li'l yau. She course said, hey, you wanted to shut you out. I mean, it'd been nice to have a name, but hey, we ain't getting no names. So, uh, thanks you for getting the new jersey tickets to the game. You gotta massign oe your jersey, he said, he can't thank you enough. And one of the worst best Christmas gifts he's ever had. Uh Jill Junior underscore, cool cat Merry Christmas, Uncle Ojo my Spurs keep bt A to OKAC three and oh do you think San Antonio is the championship team. They're a little young, they're not battle testing yet. You see Oka see had to get upset and then they come back stronger. Normally that's what happens. But hey, they're playing extremely well. They're not gonna be an easy out. They are not an easy out and they're playing extremely well right now. So we'll see if they can keep it up. But twenty three and seven and twelve and five on the road, Yeah, they're they're good team. They're gonna they're gonna be a tough out now. They're gonna be a really tough out. Sakour eighty five. I'd rather kept Sam Donald even being suspect in the playoffs. I believe you can build around that and win a couple of playoff games with either rather than a whole new quarterback who can't finish your season for you.
Speaker 3: I agree. I agree they made a mistake.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is they realized that they made a mistake, but there's nothing they can do about it now because Seattle's not gonna let you get him back. So either you go back into the market, Oh Joe, try to find a free age of quarterback, or you draft the quarterback, or you got You're content with the guy you have, but you can't based on the last two years. The first year missed the entire season, and he's been in and out of the lineup this season, and when he's been in the out line up, his play has been spotty. So you can't feel comfortable with what you have. Dennis Hartley wife got me a nightcap, hat and a tea for Christmas. Dub Thank you, Dennis, Thank you for your support, Thank you for your eyes and wife. Thank you for purchasing merch. We greatly appreciate that. Almighty James O Yoe, uh uh, you think Oh Joe would have locked you up yeah. Yeah, if he was a correction officer, beat Damn, you're not on no football for you man, Oh Joe too little.
Speaker 4: That's why I would That's why I would have won. It's not I know how to play my game.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna play I'm not gonna play your game and be physical up there. I'm a beach in where my strengths are.
Speaker 1: Huh. I'm a back up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna back up off for you.
Speaker 1: You better, so you're gonna let me catch yo'.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna break on the ball before you. Yeah. But I would have not. I would have not your him at all. Man, if I wasn't playing defense bro.
Speaker 1: At one hundred two hour, two hour two twenty when I played, Now, that's a big I would hear when I was well bright, Uh steal a past eighty six. The AFC is wide open, doesn't seem there's a superior team that you don't want to play. Look, hell, everybody got at least three losses so on a given Sunday. I mean we've seen look the Raiders beat the pass. We've seen less teams beat Buffalo. We see the Broncos get beat Yeah, I mean look any given Sunday, think about the Carolina beat the Rams. Dang, yeah it's Madden. H got you. What changes are my Chiefs football team gonna make to rebuild the dynasty? Jetta come to KC. Please have it happy criminal fellers. Uh, they're gonna get some receivers. They're gonna ask Trav what he's going to do me. First thing I'll do. I'll ask in Atlanta what y'all want to do with Kyle pa I would definitely do with that. Uh, offensive line. They've got number one rule, number one thing. They gotta get running back. We gotta get a running back. But they need a lot on y'all because they've let because when you win on your you figure like, okay, we're good. Be good. They need running back, they need old line, they need a receiver, they need some safeties. What are they gonna do with me? Yeah? Yeah for sure, Landy Ray God, damn Lanny Way you been hadn't heard from you in a while. Merry Christmas to you guys and the entire Nightcap fam. So what should the Vacuums do at quarterback next year? Help scold They're gonna be I think I personally think Landy. They're gonna be in the market for a quarterback.
Speaker 4: I do, yeah, I mean you gotta be. They don't have a choice, hunh because they ain't.
Speaker 1: Ain't.
Speaker 4: No weaaring hell eighteen having this kind of patience going in the next year, going through this that ain't happening.
Speaker 1: Oh you look when I pulledout old say there across black diamonds.
Speaker 4: Hey, one thing about it?
Speaker 1: See it?
Speaker 4: It be subtle signs like that that let people know you got real money, not just any kind of money. I had this thing, man, I had this thing like So what does that tell you?
Speaker 1: That that makes?
Speaker 4: That makes my point and statement that even more that even more true. Hey, hey, you saw the lion king?
Speaker 6: You did?
Speaker 4: Okay? What does Simba say to the bus driver?
Speaker 1: Oh? Lord, thats.
Speaker 4: What does Simbers say to the bus driver?
Speaker 1: What does Simba say to the bus driver?
Speaker 4: Move fast off?
Speaker 1: Kyler won two three four. Travis Kelsey ain't deserved the Pro Bowl either. I mean, okay, they put in brock Biras, who missed a lot of time and he's on I R now. I mean so so at AFC, what tight ends, what tight ends do you think should have gone? Because if you put somebody in, you gotta take somebody out of ye. So I mean, I I what tight end? What what tight ends? I mean really? I mean I guess Knox or Kincaid up in in Buffalo. I mean, but what what tight ends on your when when you when you stour when you look around the league? I mean, the NFC was easy. McBride and Kittle really really easy. Uh you know they're I mean, the first alternate probably is a bit right in Atlanta. But the thing about the Pro Bowl, I don't know, o jo. I was the first. I was first alternate twice. In two thousand, my first year in Baltimore, I thought I should have went go back and look at the numbers. In two thousand and three, my last year in Denver, I thought I should have went. I had more catches, more yards, more touchdowns than heat and we went to the playoffs. They didn't and I didn't go out. Was the first stars in it. So I should have been at least a ten time pro bowler.
Speaker 3: But it happens. What you're gonna do. What could I do?
Speaker 1: Nothing? I'm an eight time pro bowler, all right. I don't think being a I don't me personally o Joe. I don't think being a ten time pro bowler as approached to an eight time pro bowler would change somebody's perception of me. Since youl cast Oh Cho, I'm ready to be your sister, man, where can I apply? I already tried to go through social media and you haven't replied, Oh Cho, I really want that position.
Speaker 3: How can I get it? I've tried everything. I'm ready to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel you, but the position hasn't been feeled yet. But right now I'm interviewing someone. This is somewhat of a lengthy interview, So we're gonna we're gonna see how this goes and see if things work out. Being that they're already attached to my hip anyway, so it just makes.
Speaker 1: Sense, you know.
Speaker 4: So I just need to make sure and understand that she knows how to do all the all the things that I need done to make sure I can I can take my level of of of That's what I'm looking for here, you yeah, level yes, and in all areas and face it's when it comes to nightcap. Yeah, yeah, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: Trill Trill Brown said, Oh Jo, Mery Christmas. I always enjoy to watch a solid duo podcast and salute y'all and don't be scared to pop your ish in twenty six. Y'all deserve it. Appreciate that trill. Thank you for the support. Oh you're not definitely gonna be on one in twenty six. Mikey Jones unk. If the season was on the line, you were on the team's franchise player and you got need in the back, would you sit out or shoot up and do everything you could to be there for your team?
Speaker 3: Well, you asking me, you already know what I would do.
Speaker 1: But that's not that's not that's and I don't take offense to anybody else that don't that wouldn't do that, because maybe maybe they're not wild like everybody was. Everybody didn't don't look at things, look at see things through my limbs, and I don't see things through their limbs. So I'm not here to tell him what he should or what he shouldn't do. I'm just telling you, yes, yeah, I'm shooting up. That's just me, though. I don't knock anybody that didn't shoot up, and I don't look at them differently if they don't shoot up. I'm saying, yeah, I'm going I'm trying to do everything I possibly can't go out there.
Speaker 3: Yes, bird gang, imagine if.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys had all those turnovers that the Lions had today, boy up would have had at forty minutes tearing the Cowboys apart.
Speaker 3: Cowboys stay on y'all mind, like an exit.
Speaker 1: They got away. Love the show, very game, y'all going home, just like the damn Lions. Okay, your offense is sensational. What about your defense? What about your defense?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 1: You going home? You're missing the playoff for the second year in a row with a four thousand yard passer to one thousand yard rusher I mean receivers and a thousand yard rusher, and you're going home. What are you talking about? When we talk about the Cowboys, we stay on y'all mind. When we don't talk about the Cowboys, you bring us the topic. The Cowboys are in the same situation as the Lions. At least the Lions had a chance to still make the playoffs. You were done last week. Actually you were done like three weeks ago. Nobody thought you were going to the playoffs, but you and y'all demented Cowboy fans. Damn, it's the truth.
Speaker 3: They believe every year. Guess what, you're thirty one. It's been a generation.
Speaker 1: They have. There are sixteen, oh jo, there are sixteen teams in yeah conference. Name the only one that hadn't played in the NFC Championship Game in the last thirty years. Damn now even one guess fifteen of the sixteen half there's one that hasn't. Okay, appreciate that the bearer game. Thank God, I'm black. Vol Nicks Michael Penny Junior should do Cam Wored, Kayler Williams all starting on NFL now from twenty three pack ten season. You never remember a conference putting in quarterbacks like that from one season? Where was cam Ward? Who the can? Where the can? Ward come from? Washington was? Damn?
Speaker 4: I forgot where were that before he transferred?
Speaker 1: Because I know both Nicks with that. Oregan Michael Pennix Junior was at UH Washington, Chadour was at Colorado, Caleb Williams at USC Where was cam Ward at Washington?
Speaker 3: Sat that?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: I ain't know that well, guy, How do you how do he get how the hell he got way from Washington State?
Speaker 1: Waiting?
Speaker 2: You wim.
Speaker 1: Uh n I l oh Tyler Newton, we went to kc Uh beat the refs and the chiefs on three days notice while we were banged up.
Speaker 3: Put some respect on the Broncos. Name the ant easy.
Speaker 1: Today's NFL wrecked with Kelsey and Swift. Christmas script. Man, y'all leave. Man, look here, y'all blame everything on that lady. She ain't done nothing. She has not done a thing, because guess what if they show her? They showed her too much. When they don't show her, where is she at? She ain't bother no bad. Let that man support her. Man, man, they don't put nobody else girlfriend or wife of fiance? Okay, who else? Girlfriend? Wife of fiance? Uh Taylor swill no disrespect? But I sure you if somebody was dating a professional athlete, was dating Beyonce or somebody that caliber, guess what they're gonna be? What your old Joe? Thank you? Man. Y'all need to stop. Y'all know damn will how this thay? Y'all know how this thing work. Y'all make it seem like y'all don't you do? Uh hot water corn bread fifty? Can you give my cousin Jeremiah Jeremiah Josey a shout out a four time Division two champ at Farris State. Yes, Jeremiah, congratulations man a four time D two champ at Farris State. Yeah, they've been good, O Joe, Farri State. They real good. I can't even can't even hold them on that they like that We're State. Don't start me lying now. I just know they're good. I've seen them before. I don't know where they at.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at this game as an overtime, O Joe. The Timberwolves and the Nuggets. Nicola Yokis got forty one, fifty forty one, fifteen and fifteen. Jamal Murray got thirty one. Uh, Tim Hardaway Junior got nineteen. But hey, Julius Rowndo got thirty. Ant Man got damn So.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody playing defense? Nope, nope, Hey them boy boy, that hooping black.
Speaker 3: I ain't ever seen anything like Nikola yok.
Speaker 5: Like this is.
Speaker 1: The man thirteen or nineteen. The man took nineteen shots and got forty one points.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Three or five from the three point line, a perfect from the free throw line. Fifteen points and fifteen assists, I mean fifteen rebounds and fifteen assists. It's crazy. It is crush ed j four l Mery Christmas night Cap, Oh Jo, I bet I could get your camera quality up to par before the next show. I'll come down to Miami for a live try interview for the position. I like it. Everybody tried right now, Oh Yo, say he gonna put the job up right now. Cambodia is in the lead position to get the job. He just wants to try. He's gonna try out to see if she can do everything and and and and and have everything to say. Uh, that's satisfactory. Jack Jones, I'm an OKC fan. I don't want to see the Spurs into the Western Conference uh Final come playoff time. They they definitely don't feel fear you guys, Jacan Jakoreyanton. What's up?
Speaker 3: Uno? Can y'all wish my family?
Speaker 1: The Doll Family Corey, Michayla, Craig, Cameron, Darris, Darius Bella, Real Maddie Bailey Granted and Pops and Mary Christmas love the show absolutely to the down Family. Corey, Michayla Craig, Cameron, Darius Bella, Real Maddie Bailey Granted and Pops Mary May Christmas From Unky Ocho and the Nightcap family.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you guys had a very very very Christmas.
Speaker 1: And your car. If NFL players played for their home home state town, which state would you have or would month or would have won the most Super Bowls? Also? If what if lou and teams could loan their players like to other teams for the playoffs like soccer does. Hey all, though, Uh, probably California of Florida most Super Bowls. I'm it's.
Speaker 3: Probably California.
Speaker 1: I say California, Texas or Florida because California because of side, Texas because of side. It'd be the rest of to see though, but I think I think it's California. Look, we already know the states to put the most players, California, Texas, Georgia, Florida, California, Texas, Georgia, Florida. What do you think Louisiana, Ohio?
Speaker 4: I mean the top three obviously it would be Florida, Florida, La, Texas, and then following right behind them. I'm telling not are behind Louisiana. Obviously you're forgetting Georgia. Yeah, George, George is up there. George's up there too, but but not top three, not not top three. They'll be they'll be in that that tier two, that tier two. Would you know with New Orleans.
Speaker 1: They might have what I mean, Texas might have one or both. Texans might have a quarterback situation a lot. But we right there with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah mm hmm, Yeah, we're gonna provide the speed.
Speaker 1: Zz j HD. Mary Christmas, Aganocho. My gift was a seventy seven jersey shaking my head. Hey, that ain't a bad thing. Hopefully you can get down to the Lakers, gag and get a game and get it signed. C GM fifty eight, Mary Christmas, thank you for the content. Prediction for the Super Bowl, my home team is the Browns, So prediction for the next year. I think Stefanski has to go. There's a good chance he probably will go. I guess they want to see how this thing finishes up. Look, he's a two time coach of the Year. Uh, he can coach. I'm not so sure that the player. I don't know how much control he has over the roster.
Speaker 4: To be honest with Probably not much. Honestly, probably not So.
Speaker 1: With that being said, out of the NFC, I still think the Rams would be my pick. Uh, you might have the c You might have Seattle or the forty nine ers, because all those teams look good.
Speaker 4: One they God damn Stafford Man, Jesus Man.
Speaker 1: If I had to bet money, I take the Rams in Buffalo. But I ain't got to bet no money. So thank you guys for joining us for the episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite o Shouting Sharp. That is my partner and co hosts Liberty Cities on Bengals Ring of Fame Honoary, a former Pro Bowl and an All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Now, Yo, kids, got forty six o yo time, but might go into another over time. Okay, okay, bed over time. Yes, please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for suring sharing your Christmas evening with us. You could have been listening to a lot of other pods. You could have been doing a lot of every things. You could have even been in the bed or with family, friends and loved ones. But you show shows to spend a few hours with Ojo and I and we greatly, greatly appreciate that. Check out my shade by Laportier. If you look in the purchase a bottle and you can't find it any state or sitting near you, head to Laportier Cognac dot com to order you a bottle. This is the og bottle, which is a seven fifty. This is now the three seventy five. The same great quality, the same great tastes, the same smoothness going down. Please drink responsible and stay safe. Go check out my media company on all of his platforms. That's Shayshy Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Thank you guys again for joining us. As we watched the Broncos win very ugly ball game against division rival Kansas City, but they did win by the score of twenty to thirteen. The Lions playoff chances disappeared thanks to a twenty three to ten loss to the Minnesota Vikings. Detroit turned the ball over six times five by Jerry Goff two interceptions and three fumbles lost, and the Dallas Cowboys were eliminated from the playoffs last week, but they beat the Commanders thirty to twenty three. Dak had over three hundred yards passing. They had one hundred yard rusher and pick played really well, but it was the big play to a Cavante turpin for eighty six yards, which is the largest class play on Christmas, and they win thirty to twenty three. I'm unk, he's ocho. We're back on Saturday. We're off Tomorrow. Friday, we're off again, but we're Baday Saturday. Thank you guys for spending Christmas with us. We can't thank you enough. I'm unk, he's ocho. See you Saturday.