Speaker 1: Name Fox, Enterton, Buckles Hamps. The Rick Butcher's Show with Speedy, Greg Butchers, Edie Van Handler and Rick Butcher.
Speaker 2: How about in America, Sir Cy Arkansas, the Walmart drivers are ready.
Speaker 3: Let's go Hampton, South Carolina. It's a Cola Florida, Birmingham, Alabama, Ozark Alabama.
Speaker 4: Jones are all weaver in Alabama made.
Speaker 5: What's star Kentucky?
Speaker 1: Hey, Robert.
Speaker 2: The Rocket City Huntsville, Alabama.
Speaker 3: We see, Let's go tight As Alabama, Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Let's go Mark Barn Reading.
Speaker 4: Waste Management's ready ready Stark for let me hear that Cowbell Health Reading New Prospect Tennessee. Wein go Kentucky only Alabama, Let's go.
Speaker 2: For Somebody said I just finished my first field of greens. Don't get good. We are ready for a brand new hour, on a brand new day, on a brand new week. It is the Rick Bird Your Show with Speedy, Greg and Adler all here and ready to go. Hope, all of you had a great Father's Day weekend. You three are outstanding fathers and your children are blessed. Yes, thank you, Rick, saying back to you, big guy.
Speaker 6: And uh uh I hope you had good. I mean Father's Day was you got to watch it?
Speaker 2: You did? Yeah? It was my mine sort of evolved over a few days. Yeah, you know, everybody popping in as they could. The best got two of them home. Uh and uh, of course, you know, I knew that one was in Italy, so that was gonna be tough. But I'm actually going to see Lord Willing Boomer, my oldest son. I'm going to see him and his wife, Sherry, and I are going not this weekend, but next weekend. Okay, that's looking forward to. That does sound fun. So I'll see him then. But uh, you know, it's funny him on the on the time difference, you know, because at first I thought, man, look at look at my oldest son. Well he's he's out ahead everybody. Then I realized, okay, he's six hours, you know. But anyway, so I hope you guys, we'll recap, we'll talk about it. We're here from a lot of you too. Uh on how that went. I will just bring something back to the to to the gang here. And I hate to say it, Greg, I hate to say it. I don't know what I've got to do to get speedy to speak to me at church.
Speaker 6: I mean of all about that work, friends, not church, for we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about an over greeter to the to the world well and an undergreeterer to me.
Speaker 7: Now, well, it's just tearing it. And I really started laughing about it. Just as as we got to church and we're sitting around, I was looking for Rick. I said, I'm going in, where's it at? And I look up and the men's choir is already on stage, and there's Big Love standing beside you. And I said, well, look at those two burgesses right there, got it like they like it, And old Rick's holding the wire this Mike.
Speaker 2: Yep, you in the men's choir.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't want that, you said, lied to me. My whole youth thought I could sing. I think they just needed another person. That's funny, Greg.
Speaker 2: I wish you to seen Big Love's face when he comes, when he comes out of out of the gate on Sunday morning. I said, by the way, we're singing in the men's square day, and he goes what I volunteered? I said, you still love that when you're a little boy. Of course, he informed me he was no longer a little boy. And this was gonna be Yeah, we didn't want to get up to it's a.
Speaker 7: Different feeling, yeah yeah. But so anyway, so it didn't present itself. It wasn't on me. It's you're on stage. I couldn't run up there and go wreckut what about after after after after where you were, couldn't get to you and we had to get to meet the rest of the family. So it was just it didn't present itself. But we were laughing as we were going to the car. I said, it's happened again, and and Terry said, well this one here though, Honey. The others you could have barged in, but this one here, I don't know what you could have done.
Speaker 2: I want you all to come to our true class. Okay, then when you all hang out, of course you know to get to me again. But I mean, right, that's.
Speaker 7: My picture of you and Rick, big love to your rights.
Speaker 2: It is, by the way, I will say this to you, Adler being raised by a worship leader. I mean, there's just something special about the Father's Day choir. There's something special practice or anything. No, you don't men don't practice. We just show up and he's got some hymns that we all know and we crank there you go. Did you notice they wouldn't anything it was? It was it was hymns that you everybody knows. Right.
Speaker 7: No, I will tell you the funny. I would have loved to say said hey to Brook. So, yeah, I miss him. It had been nice to catch up with him, right, that's something about the whole bird.
Speaker 2: I've seen him right now, you knew by the way. This is another example what nobody understood, even through the three decades of Rick and Bubba. When I would tell people that we really don't hang out that much, any of us. Yeah, they were like, of course, you and me it is different because we we got family stuff for it. And they would be really, I'm like, we're with each other all the time.
Speaker 6: I mean for five hours a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we see each other for hours on end.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean in really the weeks, we see each other more than we see our family.
Speaker 2: That's what I say. So I used still people, when we leave the show, it's when we go see all the other people that never see us. Right. The work, the work point, the work relationship. We see each other all the time. But the effort was gonna be there.
Speaker 7: I just want you to know I wasn't avoiding you, but I just unless I bum rush the stage, which would have made the news Patrick, because everybody thought I was rushing. Yes, oh yeah, I just I couldn't get to you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And you know how some people's like you know, love language is quality time we have. We get plenty of quality time with outside of this this time. We have to get that quality time with the other people that need it in our lives.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, you remember we were doing two shows. Neither none of us wanted to talk to you. I know, we got plenty plenty so much so much are you doing money? I save it for the air? Yeah, man, now we do that. And the other thing is I think the reason why that is too you know, all through the three decades of that and even into now, is we all need a little variety. Yeah, I mean, my goodness. I mean you hear someone's hanging out with these same people all the time. Yeah, you know, you need a little bit of a variety, like you meet some new people and new personalities. Yeah. I did see some other people of the church. I know a few friends. Hey, stop for a while to over greeted them. Yeah, I did. Everybody yes, he under greeted him really really and continuing to enjoy all the pictures, all the emails, all the social media stuff from everybody who got the book for Father's Day. That that's been fun to hear men send me pictures him holding up the book. Greg has a worry about how the book followed him into the weekend. Men Don't Run in the rain. That was funny. That was very funny. We'll talk about that on the program too. So thanks for all the feedback on that. And and uh, you know, people were talking about I see text Nation. They're saying, well, I've noticed that Big Love has a unique wardrobe every time he comes home. I never know what he's gonna wear. I mean he may walk out with chef pants on, he may make I mean you're very comfortable. Yeah, I mean here we're you know, and this new thing where young people were hoodies year round.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you know, and I don't understand some of my boys they'll come out or whatever and I'm like, what what's that?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: Like, you remember the shoes we made fun of JC for wearing when we went to Texas our parents. He got complimented on his shoes from all kinds of people. And I'm like, what are these shoes? What so uncomfortable? And I'm like, Dad, he says, if you don't know, you just don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, Sherry claims. Sherry claims, she says that a lot of times are our sons. But you got you got uh, you got you know Blake, who you never know what he's got, costs of whatever, acting gig he's got. You've got of the boys, You've got, you got Brodie, who I don't think I've ever seen other than his wedding dressed anything other than casual. I mean, I'm talking about T shirts, shorts. I mean, you know, like you said, are you just okay to buy new shoes?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: What do we do? And then big love, Sherry says, dresses the most like when she first met me, she said, oh, oh, you're talking about with you NFL stripped sweatpants own. She goes, I mean some of the things, you know, some some hockey jersey, she goes. She goes, you had you, you would wear you you were she goes, you were flashy. She goes, I mean, she goes, you'd like the big, old, flashy colors, you know, and all that so Uh, did you.
Speaker 6: Say Brooks is wearing chef pants sometimes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, didn't you.
Speaker 6: Wear chef pants?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: They always pick up our worst traits, you know, they always get our trade.
Speaker 2: From any any loose fitting pants. I was all about you know what I mean. So so anyway, it was it was a great weekend. We'll jump into uh, we'll jump into some of that in great tay. We want to hear from you today too, Dad, ex, how did you go? Did you get to did you get the gifts of the book or something from the Rick Burgess Show store? How did the Father's Day go? We'll hear from all the guys. How there's wins? We have all times of news updates today too. We'll get those for you. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, all right.
Speaker 2: So we're back. Thanks for being with us America much to do today? Kind of a disappointing text, the text Nation because I remember this phrase and maybe the texture has never heard it. Your show's great, but you don't have to have the music intro so loud, with you yelling out the cities over it. I'd rather not have to turn the radio down every day at the start of the show. Love the show, but that part. Have you ever heard the term, if it's too loud, you're too old? I mean it's meant to be loud. Let's let's get it going. Let's go, I mean, let's get fired up. I mean if you remember that, if it's too loud, you're too old. Yes, I mean you can't turn that down? Can turn on a CD? I mean come on, I mean that that's the intro to get us started. Are you ready? That's let's get going. I mean, is this how we're supposed to start? Are you ready? Everybody? I mean come on, I mean I'm sorry. Com I mean goodness. I mean you're from Alabama too. I mean you turned down Sweet Home Alabama when it comes on. You don't want it too loud? I mean tarnation, y'all cut it down. I mean, let's not become I mean, come on.
Speaker 7: I wanted to throw out some good news for the staff. Okay, Terry surprised me with some protein balls last night. Yes, and she made some of there in the fridge. Adler, I know you, Yeah, you'll learn up protein balls.
Speaker 2: You like them.
Speaker 6: I'll tear those up.
Speaker 2: I do love those. They're in the fridge. Thank you. You can have some even though you don't share with us. Let's that's I don't need child because y'all y'all claim I don't share. Well, Nola it you don't know, you don't. That's not true anyway for everybody. First week, I brought a whole thing h something, what was it? Squares shared with everybody?
Speaker 6: Okay, are you saying the first week of the show.
Speaker 2: It's been a minute. But when I.
Speaker 6: Bring there and fifteen episodes when not?
Speaker 2: Hang on, I haven't seen you bring any.
Speaker 6: All those peanuts?
Speaker 2: You did bring the peanuts, those fruit bars I bought?
Speaker 6: What about the bag of beef jerky? I forgot about allios?
Speaker 2: Somebody dumped it off. If you want to get rid of it, I got. I just shove that I forgot about.
Speaker 8: I lose my mind at a certain big box store and for some reason, I buy a fifty gallon drum of peanuts.
Speaker 6: I need help eat the peanuts.
Speaker 2: You really do I have.
Speaker 8: I have a problem that you go in that store and you're like, oh, I need yeah, I need fifty pounds of rice.
Speaker 2: Well we need that. I want I want you guys to know that now what survived? What Terry's providing what Greg gave us six months ago, and and what and what what and all that. I want, you know, that's a community. But I want you to feel really much better about something because I start thinking about this, you know, with with I thought, well if we and it's a lot less you know, we we stopped doing the delivery of full blown breakfast from a restaurant, way too expense, little grocery store runs just to restock our area, not a huge expense. And that's now the company is now doing that. So that thank you. No, so that so that little stuff that is for everybody. Yeah, when we come back in with your protein bars and your stuff you little you know, and we start with the things we need for you know, a breakfast when when there's nothing here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so sorry for this one. This one text Nation person, what the heck is a protein ball? They're way behind them. Go to Rick Berger show Dot. We're looking on rix picks and the recipe is there.
Speaker 2: Rix picks you can make your own home. And these were the ones endorsed by Tom Brady. Yep, he ate them, he did. I'm not sure they affirmed that, but it felt like we got from a pretty reliable source. Not give her a half story.
Speaker 7: We'll go with it if I remember this right, trainer for the Buck Buccaneers. Yep uh from one of our markets. Somebody that knows the trainer said they they got the recipe, made.
Speaker 2: Them and he tore them up. I don't know him, he loved him and that was part of his pre pre game routine. Said it was a lot of his success is because of it. Yes, that's what he said. So uh I like that part. Yeah, I think so, Thanks Speedy and everything. We do have some things on here. Here's what we're gonna do headline wise today. From the weekend. We we had this horrifying thing with Minnesota and the lawmaker. We have the ongoing situation with a Ron and Israel. Will update on that.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: The No King stuff over the weekend probably one of the funniest memes that I saw the entire weekend. And Greg, she was a bigot. I mean, I'm talking about one thousand pounds sister cousin Okay, and she's got this giant, giant No King shirt on and somebody put on material, someone put underneath, except of course, Burger King.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 2: I take my hat off to that that is a good one. Yeah, that is a little bit mean, but sure is good. Yeah, but the good news is I mean Tim Wallash told the Democrats we've got to get mean or well, shooting and killing people that's pretty mean. Yeah, right, that's pretty mean. Advice go into people's house that you don't like their voting, trying to kill all of them and successfully killing two of them. Right, Yeah, so that list admit that is meaner. Yes, so it is.
Speaker 12: It is.
Speaker 2: The Walls may be happy with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and we'll break that down. But Saturday night, I actually turned the TV on and we were flipping through and I saw the parade for the theme for the Army's two hundred and fiftieth birthday, and I got to tell you, they went through the history of the Army and and and all the wars and everything else, and very patriotic moment there in d C. Saw some guys coming in on parachutes.
Speaker 2: Greg. That was neat.
Speaker 7: It was just a really cool, patriotic, uplifting show up. I didn't get to watch the entire thing. I think I know Trump spoke, but him and Hegseth and others were there. It was just a really cool moment. You have that in contrast with what else you had going on. And if it wasn't for the army, those that were protesting wouldn't have the right, they wouldn't be protesting. It's just weird height it all went together.
Speaker 2: But didn't you love how you're talking about two hundred fifty years how our pastor and you were there, even though you didn't speak to me, And he said, how ironic. I'll take it further what you're saying. You heard him say this, so I'm sorry i'm repeating it for you, but he said, so you had the no Kings people trying to disrupt a two hundred and fiftieth birthday celebration of a branch of our military that actually freed us from King George. Yeah, right, look at that irony, right, he goes. And then over in Great Britain, where they seem to love, they're celebrating the birthday of a king. Yeah. Right over here, we're celebrating the removal of a king. Yes, but yet we're being protest and you think they're great.
Speaker 8: And if you're allowed to have a no tyrants, no kings protest, if you're allowed to do that all across the country and tons and tons of cities. You probably don't have a king. You don't know if you're if you're able to do that.
Speaker 2: Now, those protests, I honestly somebody asked me at church on Sunday. Speedy didn't because he didn't say anything to me, Brig I couldn't get to you. But they said, what do you think about that? And I'm not making this up. I really said. I said every time I would see one, I would see the people. The thing that kept creeping up in me was embarrassed. Yeah, I'm embarrassed for them. Yes, they're an embarrassing group. They really are. Bottom of the hour. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right here, we're going three two. This one has been a biggie heads Rick MD. Hearing been a biggie Well, yeah, because I mean we deal with it. I mean, there's nothing sadder. Then you have a family member or maybe it's you, and because of your hearing, you're becoming less and less present in your circle of friends and your family. So let me tell you that there's all kinds of things out there in this economy that seem to be more expensive than they were. Some of that's getting better. But overall, you know, everything's more expensive than say it was ten years ago, just by the rising cost of living. But now here's MD Hearing saying we're going to cut the price in half despite all the things that are going on everywhere else in the economy. The podcast of our show is sponsored by md Hearing. They make high quality, easy to use, rechargeable hearing aids with exceptional sound quality that are personalized to your hearing profile. And MD Hearing just made the Neo rechargeable digital hearing aid only two hundred and ninety seven dollars a pair. That's over ninety percent less than clinic hearing aids, and the Neo fits inside your ear. No one's even gonna know it's there, And they just launched the neoxs it's even smaller. So if you'd like to find out more and join the over two million people that said I can't pass this thing up over forty five days, that's a forty five day risk free trial. It's got a hundred percent money back guarantee. You buy with confidence. Okay, so why don't you go right now to shop md hearing dot com. Use the promo code to Rick, get a pair of hearing aids for just two ninety seven and they're adding a free extra charging case, which is a one hundred dollars value. If you're a listener of the Rick Burgers show, go to shop MD hearing dot com, use the promo code Rick and get a pair of hearing aids for two hundred and ninety seven dollars.
Speaker 1: He played a little ball, Rick Birches.
Speaker 2: I play a little ball, all right. So we are working our way through another Rick Burgess show. We're thankful you're all here. Hope you enjoyed the weekend, Dad, So you got a great Father's day. I do want to I'm saying all these wonderful things because I don't want to talk about taxes. But we must speaking of kings, so let's talk about taxes. We even have a say in how we're taxed most of the time, and if we have taxation without representation, we have to say no. But we are supposed to pay our taxes, and sometimes we get behind, sometimes we don't. Sometimes for whatever reason, we owe the government money and they know it, and they're and they're gonna deal with it, and they want to resolve it as much as you do. That's that's a fact you may not know. So if you have ten thousand and up of back taxes, maybe unfiled tax returns, you don't want to go address our largest collection agency, the IRS. You don't want to address them without some expertise. So let me point you to US tax Shield. Better Business Bureau says A plus. They have great five star reviews as well. Here is their number. They can help you. There's a lot of fresh start programs. They know, they know how to handle this. They can maneuver these waters with you, and they're going to help you take control of your financial future and get rid of this burden. Here's their number one eight hundred seven six nine seven three four oh. Or you can just find that number and all their information by going to Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors and look for US tax Shield. All right, so we've mentioned let's let's update this story. It was you know, when you look at the state of things and you go, okay, and we're not going to bog down, you know and be all, hey, hole whatever, but we do need to maybe take a note on the state of our society when things like what happened in Minnesota happen. It looks like the assassin or alleged assassin, assassin Vance is it bolter boiler boilch bolter bolt just bolter is bulture bolt Bolter. Uh, it looks like that Vance has finally been apprehended.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: We do know this because we watched the reports. We know that he was upset because two of his feederal Democrats did not vote the way he wanted them to vote. And I want us to say that over and over again. Yeah that's his party, Okay, but also we need to say I'm mad because they didn't vote yes the way I wanted to. Yes, they got caught in a situation where in order to get a bill through, they compromised free health care provided by our country and our tax for illegal aliens in our country. It's terrible and so and now they are Democrats, and this is a Democrat. And the response isn't for this idiot to go out and now work against them to be sure they don't get voted in again. Yeah, we're gonna make sure you don't get real, which is what we should do if you see your senator or your representative not representing you the way you want to be represented then you can go out with your freedom and you can work tirelessly to make sure when they come up for reelection they're voted out. Campaign against them hard. That's what you do in a civilized society. Okay. Now, remember you're always going to hear from those on the left. They're really big on trying to call out anyone on the right saying that they are radicalizing people. They're causing people to do bad things because they're radicalizing them with the things they say. Now, we have noticed that if conservative talk radio, conservative cable TV, if anybody on the right does something, it is their fault. And then it's also Donald Trump's fault because he radicalizes people. JD. Vance's fault, whoever. I mean, you know there's a list. Now, if Maxine Waters, Tim Walls, anybody on the left appears to have radicalized someone, we don't hold them accountable. Correct, they don't do that. Only people on the right do that. Now, here's what I say is the truth. No, I believe that anybody who is this insane that they believe the answer to politicians who don't vote the way they want them to vote is to go into their house impersonating a police officer and murder them in cold blood. See, I don't think anybody should be held accountable for that other than that per whether it be right or left. I know the things that Tim Wall said, I understand that, but but this is you.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 2: There's something wrong with you if you think that Tim Wall saying we gotta fight harder and be meaner. If you take you take the note and go, well, I think that means that I'm going to be meaner by killing them. Well, normal people would, normal people wouldn't do it. You have those Now is it true that all of us, Rick Burgess included, need to understand that there are some people in our society that, as we say back in Calhoun County, their minds would not be like it's supposed to be. Yeah yeah, uh, and they can't reason this kind of stuff out. So be careful about the thing what you say and do. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that, you know, because you because free speech does come with responsibility, and places of influence come with responsibility. I have no problem with that. Now, I do want it to be even handed. You can forget it. You know, some people we need to, we say, be responsible with your platform. Other people, we love them, do whatever they want. The same rule should not. The same rule should apply to everybody. But this a sicko. Uh did did dress up like a policeman, even had his vehicle set up like a police vehicle. I saw, I saw, Yeah, I saw one of the investigators saying, look, if you're if you were a citizen, the guy says, he's got a badge, looks a lot like mine, he's in a vehicle, looks a lot like ours. There's really no way, no way you would have known. I mean, most everybody would have given that person access to their home. Yeah, sadly. And that's that's what's so wicked about it. And he he shot four, Uh, he's killed two, right, and because he went after both husbands and wives. Yes, of the two Democrats that didn't vote the way now remember he's killing them because they didn't vote the way he wanted them to vote. Yeah, okay, now I saw that. This is nothing you gotta watch out for. We talked about this a lot. I saw bizarre videos of him over the weekend preaching. So I one where he was preaching really up talking about Jesus. Uh wow, Okay, yeah, there's there's Matthew seven speaks of that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, there's a there's an interview with I guess his former or his best friend or something that's claiming all kinds ofmates. Yes, yeah, yeah, that that he's actually a Trump supporter and it motivated to kill the two Democrats due to their support of abortion rights. And I don't know, this is this bizarre interview that has just so I don't know, but yeah, that's the only place I'm seeing that.
Speaker 2: But I can't follow all of at the bottom either. The bottom line is this person is wicked. Uh and is as as they're saying, the face of evil. That was the quote from Ramsey County Sheriff's office who brought him in. Uh. And it just you know, we're living I mean, look at the things what's happening right now with our society is that it has become lawless, chaotic, unreasonable. I mean, we have people. Can I just throw this out and I'm now I'm moving off this topic a little bit and I'm kind of getting on all the protests and the things and the anarchists and all this. First of all, this is not the way to behave with free speech. These are not peaceful protests, no matter how many times you're told something is what it's not. But even no matter what you're doing, this is when you may be losing your mind a little bit, and you may be under some sort of influence in the spiritual realm, or are you're having some sort of chemical imbalance in your mind. If you're like, say, for instance, burning down someone's business, dragging them out of their car, destroying their car, setting their car on fire, punching people, and you don't really know why. And if somebody ask you, so what, what's your point? Tell me how Trump is a king, for instance, and you can't do it, tell me what you're hoping will happen here, and you can't communicate that, you're probably just being lawless for lawless sake, or you might be nuts. So you you it's it's really just. And unfortunately, when you're dealing with unreasonable people, you just have to punish them. There's no other way around it. And you're hoping that you can break their will to continue it because you can't reason, as I've said a thousand times, with unreasonable people, can't do it. And when you when you look out across the world, not just here, because remember the Bible speaks to the world, not just the United States. But when you look out across the world and read Matthew twenty four, Uh, it's it's almost like I mean, and I don't know the times, no one does or the dates, but it just you know, you you see us moving the way Jesus said we would move, and things will become. People become unreasonable, they'll become there'll be more lawlessness. People, you won't be able to even sit down and have a conversation. Get out of that, because the we're devolving is what's absolutely Yeah, We're not having debate, We're not having discussion. We're devolving.
Speaker 8: I saw this post that said, imagine throwing a no King's Day protest after your party refused to hold a primary, anointed Kamala without a single vote and attempted to remove Trump from state ballots only after illegal lawtfare being failed.
Speaker 2: And don't forget this. This is the party of the mandated vaccine. Uh, you can't question us, You'll get in line. You know, the same bunch.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burget show. The truth needs no apology, but Rick Budgers show.
Speaker 2: I know we have seen it Text Nation out of Kentucky. Please tell me Greg has seen the person doing sign language at the Tim Wallas press conference in Minnesota. Have you seen it? Yes? I have. Rick Speedy made sure I did because he knew anyone to prepare me.
Speaker 7: Well, what I wanted to do is is go, I want to make sure you've seen this. So if we play something, you don't go.
Speaker 14: Good.
Speaker 2: Not what I do a little quality control, but wow, and I know, hey, sign language people again and the singing song things a whole different thing, just press conference sign language. I get it. They have to be animated, but I'm animated in I got a weird haircut, So you threw that in? Are you? Would you like to see sign language people because it is important, especially when there's news coming out. As you're saying, you don't want to be the center of the press conference. You should be in the background, So don't do anything that would bring more attention to you. They put them right out front, and and don't don't look weird. You know what I'm saying. What you're saying. Yeah, but they put them. I'm sorry, I can't listen to it because all I can do is look at that person. Yeah, and you know I nothing to do. Don't beat me up by ben deaf. I understand that. Don't beat me up by I'm just saying, but you got admit that it's entertaining. That's all I'm gonna say it. Centertaining. Well. I wonder if the deaf community, like they start signing to each other, who's this guy or this person they got doing this? Do you think they yeah, I want to blame. Do they have do they have preferred like the ones that Okay, that guy does it right?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of here show mode making it about them. Yeah. For instance, right, there's a lot of people can sing, but there's preferred singers exactly. Think right, could we not find a better singer?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was this singer not as good as the other? The ones I really can't understand are the ones that are at the metal concerts. I'm sign language a metal car. I'm going to ask the one yes, oh yes, oh yes, it is my friend. So are we talking? And that's part of it? Male or female?
Speaker 6: That is a female as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know. With being in Minister with Tim Wallace, it could be a non bind there. I don't know. I'm not sender queer easy. I know that words back, but I'm trying to use that.
Speaker 15: I know that makes gender queer, that that that word is.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't dig it because you took a word and you told me not to use it, and then you put it back into rotation. Tough that comes with a little bit of this comfort makes it here. I am. I cannot quit looking at the sign person. Right, there's no I mean, would you even hear what Tim Walsh was saying, Not that I'd want to hear.
Speaker 7: Here's what I would like for them to do, because it does take away from I mean, understand that it's needed, but let's have that person over to the side in a little box on the screen, maybe down below, you know, not standing shoulder to shoulder at the podium.
Speaker 2: Are y'all calling for a return to the box. We're gonna put them back in the box. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying it. I mean, it's it's this person's taking over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's too much. Yeah it's hard, and again that's necessary, I'm sure. I'm just I'm not trying to be mean, but you're not. I just don't remember the sign language person always being so upfront. By the way, Greta, that might be a dude. Honestly, I think it is. I think it could be. I thought, I don't know, I don't know I'm seeing female. I bet your pronouns if you've found.
Speaker 7: Out I'm seeing female. Look at brow though, I'd like to know from the community. Do you have to use your.
Speaker 2: Tongue that way?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: And the well why I'm just saying the tongue ain't talking, is it, right, I mean, it's it's wiggling.
Speaker 8: Remember when this is wacky Minnesota, this is wacky Minnesota. That's probably a dude that's just wearing a blouse and some earrings.
Speaker 6: And it's just that.
Speaker 2: You're talking about like that strange person that like Biden and them put in there in their administration that was just it turned out to be, like really, I.
Speaker 6: Think it's suitcase steeler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm doing woman. They just with a buzz cut.
Speaker 6: Okay, buzz cut woman Nat O'Connor type scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's cool. By the way, that's a good look. Some people are saying that most of the death have just gone fully close caption. They don't even care about some people, right, I'm saying we're making some people a little too important. Remember when say not live and Garrett Martin Yes, and they would go to him and he would be in the corner of the box and he would just yell loud and whatever they said, he would scream it. That was funny and sensitive but funny that in the same you could do it and some of the greatest comedy out there is instance okay but funny. But yeah, oh no, it's fantastic. Uh. The I would have thought after the debacle of the Mandela funeral that that day sign people versus close caption, that sign people would be moving to the background, not coming more upfront. You're talking about the fake signed guy who was up there with world leaders within reach of him. Yeah, but what I mean after that, I think I would have said, let's put these people on more in the background, and don't we have close caption?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: Is there need for it?
Speaker 6: I don't think there's a need for it anymore. The close caption is getting so good.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know. It's just one of those things that were like, you don't want to be the first person to tell the sign people that really not needed on the craft. They've been working on their craft.
Speaker 6: Here's the fake guy from Mandela's funeral.
Speaker 15: Y'all, y'all have I can't do better than that?
Speaker 2: Do you agree that that goes into the category. And there's a few things in this category. Never not funny, yeah, never.
Speaker 6: Not faking it And it's not even good guys.
Speaker 2: This ain't some local event down there in the city park. This is a big deal. Does not even know he's doing the same thing over and over again, animated.
Speaker 6: I think he's just playing rock paper scissors.
Speaker 2: Did we did we? Did we ever get down to the did we ever get down to the motivation? Or how did he get before?
Speaker 6: I think he had done it? I think another time, I think.
Speaker 2: He's some kind of sick thing. He does a serial sign language guy.
Speaker 8: Stole stolen valor, yeah, stolen deafness.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 7: I think the most concerning thing about this, just a touch of seriousness at the time, was President Clinton right at the time, was thinking he was actual to a sitting president with a world he was a fake. Yes, he was a so what would he could have done anything?
Speaker 6: Boncos isn't a sign language.
Speaker 2: It seems like a long way to go to get a good seat at Mandela's un boy.
Speaker 8: He had a good one. He did, and y'all, millions of people were watching this.
Speaker 7: Or so much like somebody on the inside. They were together and he was just pulling the kind of like when Speedy ran out with Kiss on the stage. Did he tell us, buddies, I'll watch, yes, let me take.
Speaker 2: The stage.
Speaker 6: Probably if any of us pulled off, I'm gonna be the sign guy, and you gotta appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You appreciate that. I'd love to see if one of us had done it, it'd be one of the greatest days ever.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, the key is to sign. You gotta sign with confidence, and you gotta have a mean face. You gotta sign with confidence like you're real serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: In fact, I'd like you to stand over Rick's shoulder as he goes to break and you sign what he's saying.
Speaker 6: Speedy, Oh really, he just says he's going to break. You need for the you two body.
Speaker 2: Looking at his movements, do you think he went he pre planned them or he had no idea so he just guessed. He walked out said obviously, do the first thing comes.
Speaker 6: He forgot he was even having to do it. Sometimes he would cross his hands. He just crossed his hand. All right, Speedy, there you go, buddy, all right, the other.
Speaker 8: Side, they just staying on the other side there.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you speeding alright in America. We're gonna come back and we'll finish up. Got a brand new hour coming out.
Speaker 6: Any part in the show you missed, that's not even You can catch it.
Speaker 2: On our daily ark ove you're doing baseball time not just go to that sunrise. Just go to the Rick Burger Show podcast channel. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: Listen up, you know, like we say, you got a fine.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world, The Rick Burches Show.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go America, brand new hour, on a brand new day, on a brand new week, and we sure are thankful that you are here with us today. As we are all through another one, we'll have unstreamed phone calls coming up. Hey, birds, dad's like your heard your father's day?
Speaker 14: Win.
Speaker 2: Hope it went well. We all had great ones. Thankful for our kids and for all of you. Thanks for being with us for a brand new hour. Let's go, Speedy. Did you say you had a confession to make?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was like you know, we remember Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys. Yeah he passed, and uh to try to desperately talk about music with you guys and felt like I was part of the group. I talked about how they revamped their career and the documentary on them and all that really had this passionate speech and y'all either y'all were playing nice, which I doubt that was the case, or really paying attention.
Speaker 2: It was just a flow of conversation.
Speaker 7: It was actually the Beg's that I was thinking of each and their documentary how they revamped their career.
Speaker 2: Now I do remember, Yeah, you're right about.
Speaker 7: They started writing music and they were writing all the songs. No, it's the not the big documentary, by the way, I can't believe we miss that. Yeah, because I'm being honest when he.
Speaker 2: Said that, I thought about the Beach Boy Yeah, because it wasn't about that.
Speaker 7: I think I said it with confidence and and y'all were just moving on. It was just part of the conversation.
Speaker 2: You've got the Beach Boys and the beg that that's not easy and a desperation just to try to be one of y'all. I appreciate.
Speaker 7: Just trying so hard to fit in music conversation. I just and now I enjoy it. Sometimes I'm like the audience, y'all start in, and I enjoyed. I sit here now, Rick, for some reason thinks you'all can only talk about when I leave. It's not like I hated that would be helping.
Speaker 6: This is not helping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm mad at myself because when he said that, I remember thinking, oh, I didn't know that about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I remember thinking, because you didn't you even mention that like this, that style of music was on the down trend and they brought it back, And I was like, I don't know if that's I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think Brian Wilson wrote for anybody but the Beach. I mean, you got me doing it, but the Beach.
Speaker 7: Boy right right now, it was the Begs that that their career was fading away, and then they revamped it and they started writing for other people and they kind of came backs either had another long run and extended their career for a long time. So you learn something new every day about Yes, yeah, but you gave it to the Beach. But it was it was for some reason, it was me thinking that the Beach Boys were the Beg's the whole.
Speaker 2: Time show and they weren't, and I just wanted to come come in an effort just to be rid of the spectrum. Actually, this is this is once again, this isn't helping.
Speaker 7: But I just want to be honest with y'all and and just let you know. A he I faked it pretty good. Uh but but at the time, I wasn't trying to fake it.
Speaker 2: I thought I was just be I thought I was really I think it was early and I was kind of still sleepy, and I just didn't want to pursue it. Yeah, because there was a flag that popped up and I thought, well, maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 7: Plus yeah, plus everybody was popping Everybody was hey, this that that, you know this that, and I threw this in and whatever. So it wasn't like I brought it to the table, because I think you would have called it then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what this was. I was just I remember the exact quote. Sure, you know what this is like he got in there and he was reckless. You know, I can't give you these things. You're you're not ready. I know, I just need to be you know what I need, I need to know my role, shut my whole. The only thing that at least both of them started with B and their names like BG, I just would be be stupidly. I just I didn't put it together when I was saying that.
Speaker 6: How long? When did you realize? Oh, I was talking about the beach in there, talking about the peach. Yeah, you ready for this.
Speaker 2: I think he passed away on the eleven, is what he passed away? I think on the eleven and uh, I think it was, Yes, I think it was. It was. Guys.
Speaker 7: Now we're hanging on every syllable. Yeah, come on, we're gonna have a long day if we do that.
Speaker 2: Let me let me tell it, it'd be like all of us, which is a little geeky for us, but it'd be like all of us Saturdays when I realized, let's say all of us, all of us were really really savvy on flying these model airplanes and were very, very sick. Okay, we're out there and we're all flying speedy shows. And pretends he knows. So, so we give him the controller and your crashes were playing.
Speaker 9: First.
Speaker 2: He's with him. Yeah at first, Well maybe you can't do it. Oh my goodness, he can? Can I tell you?
Speaker 6: I put all their songs up on the screen. Were you not like thinking? Or where's Jove talking? Why aren't they.
Speaker 7: Cause because you got to realize in this stupid brain of mine, I hadn't I hadn't even caught my mess up.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: What triggered that you had messed up? What made you realize? Saturday? I saw something. I forget what.
Speaker 7: It was, and I went, wait a minute, what an idiot I was? That's the beach I was thinking of the Beecheese.
Speaker 2: Not the Bears documentary. Hey there's a document on Beach Boys. Y'all got to sit yeah, yeah, Oh my god. I just felt that we were talking about the Beach Boys, you know, because yeah, I saw that their career pretty much an end, and they started writing for other people and then y'all living, Yeah, And I was like, man, I felt like a big boy. Listen, he caught a band that none of us like. He'd never got away with it on the band were that is a great boy.
Speaker 8: Hey Speedy's doing that exactly, you know, the disco dance with the Beach Boy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't even It's not like I purposely did it.
Speaker 2: Or whatever. I just totally, I just totally is when you said Brian Wilson wouldn't staying alive. Now, Greg, I knew I should have said that, and he said, you know, and then they took that certain Night Live sound track and I changed everything. John Travolta loved him in that movie. Yeah, golly, that's all right. Speed you tried, you try to get in there fit.
Speaker 6: And then that movie Urban Beach Boy.
Speaker 2: But I will I'm going to commend you on this. You were in the clear. We didn't know it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't even get an email or a text on it. And you know the audience is brutal. Yeah, you messed it up.
Speaker 2: Well, you you picked a good topic, you picked the Beach Boys, and so you didn't have us being real critical of it. We were almost kind of a year. Yeah, we were doing that thing. We recognized his genius, but we didn't really like his work, and so you had this kind of right. Yeah, Greg got to going on that and so silly when you said that, well you said that Glenn Campbell played the bass for the Beg's. For a while, I thought that doesn't soun.
Speaker 8: Now, won Brian Wilson did have a complex relationship with Charles Manson, not to be confused with Marilynd Manson.
Speaker 7: Do y'all know that when y'all brought up the Manson Dell or whatever we were talking about.
Speaker 2: It, I was like the beach I wasn't in the documentary. If Charles Manson actually wrote you thought they would have made Wow, that's weird. I never saw that wasn't he wouldn't he before the disco? That wasn't then a Broken Heart documentary?
Speaker 6: A lot of bell bottoms at the beach.
Speaker 2: Maybe Charles Mansion, you know, wrote I started a joke, which, by the way, you ever heard that? That that depressed song? You know the BEA's before their disco, some of their songs before their disco, their downs jive talking yeah, jove talking yeah. But that still made its way onto the soundtrack, it they did. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I started a joke nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Oh you tell about you talking about a downer?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's when they used to let the guy didn't play an instruments, he got singer down then, oh yeah, and he would sing a down song, no love. What's is the first name? The one in the middle. I'm love. Yeah, he was their cousin, buddy love. But I'm not gonna I'm not going to join in on this, Okay, I.
Speaker 7: Said, let me ask you this, hood y'all like better Beg's or Beach Boys not I love to Come on, don't even do that.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 6: They're both good. What They're both good?
Speaker 8: You like the Beach Boys, I do like the beach about this, let me let me be I didn't know that Brian Wilson had died until halfway through the conversation.
Speaker 6: I was like, why are we talking about the Beach Boys?
Speaker 2: I remember that. I never I never said he was dead, and I waited a long time to tell you. Let me let me rephrase it. It wasn't my thing. But they weren't very talented and very good. They were well you got to see the documentary. Yeah, the here turn it to. You know what, one of my favorite Begi songs of all time is to Love Somebody. I love that. I love that. I dig that song. I'm not gonna say quit looking at it. I'm just gonna agree in and and go along with I like mo don no woman food, Yeah, more than a woman to me and then Coke. I like Cocoon Cocamo. Worst song ever, it's in Hey Birds Today. Somebody doubted how futreated it was, and they went and listened and confirmed it. All right, somebody won't staying alive by the Beech Boys. Got that coming up here. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the only show hosted by Oxford Well Oxford High School. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: It counts all right, thanks for being with us America. We'll get a couple of calls to action. A couple of calls to action coming up, Relief Factor. Do you remember life before Relief Faction? I mean, this products came into our lives as a game changer and if you're taking it, thank you for all your compliments. I love talking to friends, family and listeners and viewers that say, man, I'm so glad that I was introduced to this product. It really is. If pain is affecting your life and it's tied to inflammation, this could be and likely will be a natural solution. Now, it's not masking pain, so that's not gonna be overnight. But that's why we say try three weeks. It's going to get to the root of the problem. And if the root of that problem is inflammation, it's going to not just give you some relief for a moment, it's gonna remove it. We're talking about long term relief. So I hope this works for you like it has for so many others, including myself. Go to relief Factor dot com. It is a powerful and unique combination of botanical ingredients and fish oil, and it's trusted by thousands. The majority of people that get the three weeks supply it works, and I hope it will for you. Go to relief Factor dot com, relief Factor dot com, or you look for that link right there at Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors. All right, couple of cost to action. You know that we are competitive and we like to win. We're all about winning. We don't think winning is a bad thing. The desire to win is a good thing. Winning at all costs if you're going to break rules or hurt of the people, certainly not. But what we've done is at one time winning at all costs, you know, was rightfully addressed, and then people thought that the desire to win and winning at all costs suddenly became the same thing. No, it's not the same thing. It's not. Uh So Greg has been endorsing a product, Calitron, for how long, Oh, it's got to be over six years. Yeah, and he does that out of the Birmingham market on zz K and so from time to time. And this is smart on their part to bring awareness. They try to go to many they have endorsers all over with other shows and things like that, and uh and we have to win, we have to beat them. And it's been years since they've done this. But in the past we used to pretty much have dominated. We did audience. We get after it. We can't we can't have it. We can't live in the time that my baby brother isn't the number one endorser of a product. So if you go to top loss dot com, Top top loss dot com, you're going to see a purple button says vote here, top loss dot com. Purple button, vote here. Click on that button and you've got to vote for Greg. Scroll down you'll find him. Greg's got to win this thing going away yep. And then the winner gets a donation to their favorite charity. Yeah. So if we win, then they're going to donate money. And we did. I think we did the Venisius Foundations will continue with that. Yeah, and that's which Greg is an endorser and and an advocate and for them fighting breast cancer, so voting and all kinds of cancer. Really, yeah, help anybody who's got somebody with cancer.
Speaker 8: I went to top lost dot com and and vote here is literally all you're looking for.
Speaker 6: That doesn't say like vote here.
Speaker 2: For yeah, you got it says vote here.
Speaker 6: It just says purple, vote purple here purple. And then when you go to vote, Greg is the last one. He's under w z.
Speaker 12: Z K.
Speaker 2: Right there, go down there. I want Greg to win this thing going away. I don't even want to. I don't even want to be close. Yeah, uh, don't let don't let don't let Paula from w X see why beat us.
Speaker 6: I'm voting for paul Why did you vote for paula?
Speaker 2: Final vote for Okay, so so you got but I'm not your favorite. You've got to we must win that. Yeah, So addla the other thing. And look, times, times they be changed. Times they be changing, and you've got to adapt to the times. And you've seen all of us who have been in this business for a long time, they're a little bit older, we're all trying to figure it out. The best thing to do is hire somebody young and let them try to help you. I'm trying to figure out the whole streaming world of apps, YouTube, podcast, you know, and how you figure the audience there, and you know, and I'm just gonna shoot you straight, especially now more than ever, We're never going to apologize because it's how we make a living of monetizing all of our platforms. If we don't monetize them, then you're gonna wake up one day and go, where did they go? Okay, because this is how we all make a living. So and technology is always ahead of the ability to monetize it, and then that we're all playing catchup. I remember in the early days of podcasts being told the first attempt at it, that a daily archive of your show is of no value. I never will forget this. You must do a unique podcast. And then we were at the time, We're like, man and bubb and I both were like, I don't know if we can take on another. And so then we started doing a unique podcast. You remember Rick and Bubba University, because that's what we were told. Well now and those are still a value if you can get a lot of audience and monetize them. But all of a sudden, we have a meeting with I Heart, who is the master of I mean, they have gillions of podcasts, and they were like, you realize it's the daily archive of your shows that's of the most value. And we're like, wait, man, I said that like like eight years ago, and I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about because a lot of you, now, a lot of us do stuff on demand. The only thing I do when I watch television that's live is news updates and sporting events. If it's not that, I'm watching it when I want to. Yeah, and a lot of you use the podcast archive every day to hear parts of the show you missed, go back and hear things that you liked or some of you because you don't have an affiliate, it's the only way you get the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So apparently we're still trying to figure all this out. I haven't been telling people that they needed to subscribe to our podcast channel.
Speaker 6: I think follow is the What are.
Speaker 2: We looking for? What do they need to do? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So, most of all, because we can see where people are listening, most of the time and most of the time it's through Apple Podcasts. But whatever platform you use to get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: Make sure that you follow.
Speaker 8: The show may just have this like a plus sign, and may have the word follow. It may have the three little dots and then you can see follow on your menu.
Speaker 6: So wherever you're doing.
Speaker 8: That, uh, and with that that way on your podcast app, in your feed, you will see the two podcasts that we put out every day, and that is the full entire show uh.
Speaker 6: And that is the best of our hour and a half or so.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: You'll see that. You'll see the Wednesday Bible Study in your feed. And you'll also see Rick and Bubba's greatest hits that that whenever that's published. That will also show up in your feed. If you go and find the Rick Burgess Show wherever you get your podcasts and follow.
Speaker 2: So we want them to follow you. Even if you're going Hay birday, burge I catch it every day, you still need to follow.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that will make it easier for you to find it.
Speaker 2: So those are analytics they're looking for. Absolutely no use the word analytic, right.
Speaker 7: Yes, no, wow, that's not that's not badter Like for you be more confident when you say.
Speaker 6: The second time you said it wasn't as good.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you were confident talking about the Beach Boys and you were wrong. So yeah, just take my delivery. And then you say analytics. Yeah, so with all of the different things that are going to either spe So our podcast feed has got the daily archive, it's got Ricking Bubby's greatest hits, it's got a messed up hour every day, which strange encounters be included in that.
Speaker 6: Strange encounter will be on that as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, strange encounters you need to follow all that.
Speaker 8: Actually strange encounters. You need to look for strange encounters on its own. Sorry, that's not in the regular all right.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show. He doesn't OCD. He just likes things to be a certain way. Pick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Here we go, America. Thanks for being with us, trying to make sure that everything's as clear as mud. Hey, thanks for being with us. Hey Pearl Mississippi. What up man, I'm excited about coming to see you guys Saturday. Lord d Willing. So we got the next men's event and this is going to be their transition. They just finish year one of the men's Discipleship Strategy from Themanchurch dot Com and now they're rolling into the second curriculum and I am honored to be there for their gathering. That is the transition point and we're gonna have a blast coming up this Saturday night the Tales. If you want to go to Park Place Baptist Church in Pearl, Mississippi. All those details can be found at the Manchurch dot com under event. So just to clarify, because I know that was easy to follow, and we're just we're all learning this stuff. Okay, Greg has to win the endorser. We must win that. Going to try follow our podcast channel yep, and on that on the iHeart lineup you will have daily archive best of hour and Rick and Bubba's greatest hits in radio go those are all art okay, So follow that on our podcast channel top trains dot com. Yeah that's somebod I asked them. Yeah, toploss dot com is to vote for Greg and go to the Purple vote here. Strange Encounters the Unique podcast is a Blaze TV product. Watch it so it is separate, but you need to follow it as well, and it is on our YouTube channel because Blaze TV runs the YouTube channel as well, so just all of that, you know, it goes back to you go. What we're learning is you on the old days when it was all just radio, and we're still our own radio and love radio and that's my heart. I mean, we're a radio show. Well, radio has a way of trying to give advertisers and you an idea of what your audience is. So all we say on that is be honest and participate. But when we get to this new stuff, people like, well, we don't know how that works, and honestly, we're all still figuring it out. So that's not as established, and it's it seems to almost be ever changing. So we've been told recently that glad you're listening to it, glad you're consuming it, but you do need to go a step further and follow it. So there you go. I hope that helps you and do that with any of the things you support and enjoy, and remember that advertising is the way we make a living. We've never apologized for that. I always think it's disingenuous, ingenuous for people in our industry to act like that they're just tolerating commercials when that's the way they're fed, and that's how they make their money, and that's how we all survive. We'll never do that. But Adler has said that even though now on the podcast archives, advertising is part of it, he works to try to make that as pleasant experience for you as he can.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you may notice that when you first start the podcast on the full archive and the best of that, there are more commercials at the beginning and they're less at the end. That is correct, It's kind of like a reward struck. Sure, the more you listen, the less commercials there are. So a lot of times there will be like one segment and then a commercial break, just like on the radio, and then two segments and then a commercial break, and then three segments and a commercial break. So the longer you listen, the less commercials there will be. And I think that is a good structure that works for us to be able to make the money that we need to make on all of these platforms. And it helps the listener because hey, I'm a loyal listener. By the time I get to the end of the show, I've almost got an hour of commercial free show.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for all of you. However, you get the show. We are thankful and I appreciate you helping us figure all this out so that we can be here for a long long time.
Speaker 6: And radio still, Rick, you mentioned it, Heart and Soul.
Speaker 8: I did college radio and that is still it is still my favorite platform of anything. Getting your car and you turn it on and it just works, and it's localized and that you're in an area and it just feels special.
Speaker 2: You know, it does, and we know everybody knows how to participate in that. But this new stuff, uh, you know, we're all figuring it out as we go, these new fangled things. Updates on the crazy Minnesota guy, so speedy, you know this this we updated you last hour. We talked about this, this murderer. I can't believe that the charge Speed said they're gonna charge him was second degree murder. Yeah, it says here breaking What do you got to do to get first? I mean, I don't know. I mean he will be determined, right, Yeah. He he planned to shoot everybody. He impersonated a law enforcement officer or a funny mask.
Speaker 7: And he and he and he killed them. Yeah, in cold blood. What I don't know, It says here breaking news. Minnesota assassin in vance. Bolter charged with second degree murder, but he could still face execution.
Speaker 2: It says, Uh, this is just.
Speaker 7: How I'm reading it, and it goes on. It says, under federal law, second degree murder does not carry the death penalty, but first degree murder does, which requires premeditation. Now I don't know. I mean that's pre pre premeditated. I've faked like I'm an officer. I got a mask, I got a badge, I got a car. I mean that's pretty premeditated.
Speaker 2: But don't also the other to get first degree when you commit another crime with killing somebody, sometimes that'll kick nap. Yeah, after you kidnapped him. Yeah, that kidnapp charge plus that makes a first degree.
Speaker 7: And how about you know he was he was found If you did not hear he was found late last night. Officers found him and he surrendered. Uh, but do you know that a game game camera was involved on catching him. Really apparently a game camera spotted him and that alerted authorities who were already sweeping all around. You know, all kinds of different agencies were working together. But it it it helped him locate.
Speaker 2: The area he was in, and then when they went in, they found him. All right, So textingation always there, and it looks like this must be because a lot of people are texting it. In Minnesota, their law requires a grand jury has to increase it to first degree. Okay, so that may happen. They don't execute there, I don't think, but that that may happen, but a grand jury has to do that. It does say if we haven't had time for that yet, So thank you for that.
Speaker 7: Okay, maybe that was what this means. It says the charges could be upgraded.
Speaker 2: There you go. So maybe that Okay, thank y'all for letting us know that. So there's also this odd attempt I saw right out of the gate, and we didn't mention this last hour Speedy kind of talked about it. When now we see it again. There's some sort of weird scenario like some former roommate or whatever is trying to cast him as a Trump supporter.
Speaker 7: That was all down in the Yeah, it was on down in the article that we have in our show prep this that was printed I guess early, I guess over the weekend, and it just it just had a sentence in there that his former roommate and best friends said that he was an avid Trump supporter and and blah blah blah, and had a little blurb about a paragraph on that. But then I haven't seen too many others reporting that.
Speaker 2: I don't know since he see if I have this right, the report now is that he is a registered Democrat, correct, yes, and a law it has been a you know, has been involved with the Democratic Party. And then you get into the it doesn't make sense because the way these two voted should have made a Trump supporter happy, not mad, right, because they were taken away true, they were taking away benefits for illegals, So that would you would think that would incite or infuriate the very level headed left right now, who honestly there there claim to be the all loving, all caring, peace loving party. Is not. It's just not. It's not going well right now.
Speaker 7: Also, he wounded the Democratic State Senator John Hoffman and his wife, who are recovering, not out of the woods yet but doing good. And in that time when when officers responded to them at about maybe two am or so h then they did a check on her at her residence, who was not too far away from that. That's when they saw the the what looked to be a police car and all this kind of stuff, and he was going to come. He was coming out of the house, and then they exchanged gunfire and he fled back in and they ended up getting away. He went out the back, but they were able to recover the vehicle and everything in it, which was an AK forty seven, a hit list and all kinds of stuff. No king, no kings, you know, flyers.
Speaker 2: Again, tough to sell him as a Trump supporter when he has no King right pamphlets in there and this.
Speaker 8: Room, this whole roommate thing, this guy that's claiming to be the roommate. It does not make There's there's some things that don't make sense because what when were they roommates? When is he claiming to be the right and and the whole this guy's whole delivery claiming he was a Trump supporter doesn't it's not adding.
Speaker 2: Up silly, So horrible, horrible story, terrible, terrible it really is.
Speaker 7: And the mask that Adler was showing that he was. He was at their door and it looked as though he was an officer, so you opened the door and and then lo and behold, he's just impersonating one and has a mask on it.
Speaker 2: So there's there's the latest on that, so we'll come back.
Speaker 8: He's uh, you guys mentioned that he also had like like a body vest on and he was personated.
Speaker 6: The vehicle that he was driving.
Speaker 8: It's uh, it looks like Volterra actually like ran a security company and and and had vehicles that were kind of like you know, oh yeah, fortified with things that would make them look like oh yeah.
Speaker 6: The officers press conference said, you would not have known the difference.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who pointed out that there is no such thing as both less wise Wick Burchers.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on, we're back. Thank you America for being with us today. I hope you had a great weekend. We'll get into Father's Day coming up next hour. I hope it went well this first of all. And here comes America weighing in via email. If you want yours to be considered to be read on the show, be sure you include the title and the subject. Hey bird, hey birch, and I don't care whether it has an E or not. That doesn't matter, all right, don't worry about that. So some of you a little more concerned about that than we probably should have. It works. It works, as we say around here, sometimes semantics here we go, this is anonymous, anonymous, So glad I saw that. Yeah, I must pass along my thanks to the team. Oh I listen via the podcast. I'm a few days behind the live note to self, can't believe it. Met a man Saturday at church we had our big men's breakfast. Met a man Saturday. It won't matter. It's forever before you hear's this. You know what he currently is? April nineteenth, What got a way to go? He saw me, he said, I don't know what's going on. He said, I'm still He said that when I get back Monday, I'll pick it back up. Right now, I finished Friday on April nineteenth. He won't know to hit first. I said, what is? What is that? That is a great one, speedy anyways, he'll be all said, this guy is only a few days behind. Heard the segment about beach Boy songs that y'all like and dislike. I heard you proclaiming your distaste for Cocomo. I thought i'd take a listen for myself. I've obviously heard the intro to this song, but I made the unfortunate mistake of forcing myself to listen to the song in its entirety for the first time. My goodness, this song is awful. I've never in my life heard a combination of sounds so putrid that makes me want to run over a flock of baby geese while committing tax fraud. I'd rather listen to Adler and Larry do a duet cover of Sexy Back, and that says something.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 2: By the way, we see that Larry's participating in the chat today. Yeah, so we may get a Larry update coming up, and there's Larry stuff in here. Hey bird, Hey bird. Every time Speedy says hey, if I hit this, Saturder's got to do that or y'all have to do whatever I suggest. That's not how I do it.
Speaker 6: And he says, I said I suggest, and get ready. This is going to get you started.
Speaker 2: Why is there no consequences for Speedy if he misses, Because that's.
Speaker 6: What I said.
Speaker 2: That's what I said. It's just the way it is. He goes, he must face the consequence game for missing, and he can't get multiple chances now, right, Ali, you could come shoot and say Speedy if I hit this, Yeah, Yeah, you don't do that, he said, love the show and all caps. You guys act like you're having a blast and that makes it fun for us as well. Thanks for what you do for the kingdom.
Speaker 6: There we go and there should be penalties. There should be penalties. Yeah, they're saying you should you got to eat your pet fish, mister chain. What if you miss.
Speaker 2: It that you don't have to do it. Yeah, that's a win. Like say, mister, that's a win for mister chin. Chin's really thankful. Yeah, uh chin do it in there a chin good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he had a great Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 2: You're his father. I am uh because fish, because he's a fish. I did hit that one the other day. Yeah, somebody's gonna have to. By the way, the guy who's on April nineteenth, he said, I know you think we're weird people. He goes, but there's something super cool of hearing y'all not know things that we now know, and like like I'm thinking, oh, they have no idea And I thought, man, that's I don't know. That just feels odd to me. Hey bird jay bird around it. Uh, this is attention to Greg. Please tell him to ignore the people that want him to stop talking about thousand pounds. Sisters, you have to realize a lot of folks can't appreciate television gold. Thank you as always appreciate you guys, making my day. Can't wait to see you next year. In the vox seats a grateful Burgess ball runner up. Oh wow, okay, but Bama to silence for the state of Louisiana if they pull this off. Hey bird, Hey birds, have you seen it in Louisiana. There's a bill to punish slow left lane drivers. It has passed in Louisiana. Yes, the cost of a ticket has now gone. I think it's one hundred and fifty dollars. And if they catch you going slow in the left lane and backing traffic up, I will go ahead and warn the people of Louisiana don't get too thrilled. We now have it in our state, and it's rarely enforced.
Speaker 8: It's hard to ye rarely in fact, so I like to say they do have higher fines on the second and third offense.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that too, right, I like that, But I just it's hard to enforce it. It is, and I haven't seen a lot of it. It has not had much impact in our state. There does I said it?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 8: Does Alabama have the clarification that Louisiana has, and that is that drivers must stay out of the left lane if they are even one mile per hour slower than the posted.
Speaker 2: Speed loob I didn't know that. No, I don't know that.
Speaker 8: So that clarification in the law might help Louisiana. How about you low left lane driving?
Speaker 2: You are correct? Then what if they're all speeding, but he's holding everybody up? It's not below the speedlanb we get that most Let's keep the traffic moving. You know what I'm saying. Bottom line is keep it moving. Guys going to somebody for you're not It's not your job to police speeders. If somebody's behind you and they want to get by, get over. It's not your job. Yeah, but I'm talking let the law. Let the law deal with them. But some people want to say, well, I'm going to speed limit, so I'm gonna have to get over. Get over?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not your job. It's not your job. That's that's a little that's a little bit of Karen right there, and cruise in the right lane.
Speaker 8: Just just get just everybody should be in the right lane pretty much the whole time.
Speaker 2: Just don't cruise, be cruising. Is it true that when I believe? Is it true that when I'm behind you that the I'll just go ahead and confess. If it's just me, I'm never late, So I'm not late. I don't. I haven't had an emergency, thank god.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I can think of one time I was trying to get to a medical thing. I just have to make good time. I'm sorry, and I know that may upset you, but I have to make good time. Yep, Hey bird, Hey Burge. I think you guys are us to underestimate the number of fans in South Georgia. Oh really, the city of Dublin and surrounding areas may receive an economic boost when Speedy and whoever it decides to go with him or not go to visit Larry. I'm thinking that they may be people showing up to see Speedy. There's small chance if they find out Greg's coming, the South Georgia chapter of Greg's Minions may ascend on Larry's front yards. South Georgia.
Speaker 10: JA.
Speaker 2: I hope he has room for tents, grills, cornhole, cornhole games, he said. I'm afraid it's gonna be a party. I've already started hashtag see you in Dublin.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 2: That's great. We got to revisit that today. You know, this thing with Larry on Friday, it really bothered it upset people, they did. I mean, people thought something happened to Larry, but he went dark. But I'm hearing he's participating in the YouTube chat today, so listen, he's back. Good. Don't scare us like that, Larry. So I was worried about you, all right, So thank you for those. If you want to get your email considered, just do Hey, bird, it's a lot of great topics. We'll come back. We'll talk a little Father's Day and check it with the guy, see how it wins. Then we'll get in some phone calls, see how yours went, uh, And then we'll continue to bright down the stories of the day and just things you want to talk about when The Rick Burgess Show continues after this top of the hour break.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 5: You know, like we say, ass, I'm gonna na.
Speaker 6: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: We're back America. Thank you for being with us brand new hour. The game's all here, Speedy, Greg Adler, as we start a brand new hour and we're gonna jump right into it. We're gonna look back over Father's Day weekend and and then we'll do some phones and we'll hear from all the dance out there and how it went for you as this hour rose off. Okay, so let's talk Father's Day when I left here on Friday, because it turned out, you know, it's a Father's Day weekend. You can kind of do this when I when I left out of here on Friday, Sherry, my beautiful wife I loved so much, and I were headed to beautiful Orange Beach, kind of hoped I might meet Morgan Freeman. Oh yeah, didn't see him. Thought I might, but I and I had to be focused on what I was going to do, and I look forward to today. I want us, after we're done today, to have just a little bit of a skull meeting just us, because I want to go in there to that conference room and I want to look at that boy word of all the things, the speedy you've been having to deal with and all this of the book tour, in the book promotion and we all get to have that moment where we wipe it off and say we did every bit of it. We did because I did the final one on Friday. Now, I know there may be a second wave, but I'm talking about we finished that wave and it was a wave. So so he filled the board up, filled the border. And so that's Andy Andrews. So you're here on here twice a month, and you all are very familiar with So I went. I went to the land of Andy Andrews. This is this is his world, the land of and Orange Beach, Alabama, down on the beautiful Gulf of America, be true. And I went into his beautiful I mean, he has a cool, cool setup and uh he's where he does his podcast. Uh, he's got a storefront with all his books. As many many books there there. I am in in in his studio were he made him at table. Yeah, he's got a podcast called The Noticer Speedy. Would you like to know that I should have taken a picture of this, but I didn't. The legs of that table do you know what the legs of that table are books? I'm looking. We're in the corner at that stack of book. Yeah, it's just like that under all the legs or books. Wow. And he's got so many cool pictures and so many cool things. Andy, Andy'll take a picture now, yeah, and uh and so and so that's a neat studio. And I'll let we'll let y'all know.
Speaker 6: I'll let you that table, my goodness.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know tomorrow. But Andy, I think, says that the noticer comes out on Tuesdays that I may be on the one tomorrow. And Andy talks about you know, he and I talk about the book and and all that. So that's are well. While I was there, and you know, Speedy Greg Adler, y'all know me, there's there's I don't know if it's a fair indictment against me. Oh look at this.
Speaker 8: Sorry, sorry you did take a picture?
Speaker 2: Say those you can't see it?
Speaker 6: They look at that table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so y'all know that I don't y'all know that I don't really pay attention. My leg would hit one of those and I fall. There's an indictment on me that I don't pay attention. You know that sometimes I'm not paying attention. You didn't kick one of the books, so I'm not paying attention. And you know you're gonna don't you feel so bad for Sherry sometimes speedy? Yes, And I know you do Greg and Adler. So I go to pick Sherry up for us to go to Orange Beach. She goes, I said, oh, I'm supposed to grab a few shirts. She said what, and I said, well, Andy told me to bring three or four extra shirts and she said for what, And I said, I don't know. I mean he said that something about he wanted me to do something else after the podcast. I don't know what it was. And she goes, you don't even know what it is, and I was like, I don't you know. We just need to go and look. And then Andy's wife, Polly was wanting to come meet Sherry. They've never really met each other. And then we were going to go all out to eat together before we went back and so but but we had to get that part done first. So Andy and I we do. The podcast goes great, real smooth, and I love looking at all this facility. We had some sandwiches there and it was great. He's got such a cool setup and he is such a great host, and his team is first class. So all of a sudden he's like, Okay, so go change that shirt and come back in here. And I'm like, I'm sorry, and he's like, well, I want you to do some stuff for Wisdom Harbor. Now, this is the thing you know that we've been talking about. And he goes, so, what do you think about the stuff? You know, like this stuff you've seen, You've probably gone and looked at it right in there, and all of a sudden shre and all of a sudden sure, he goes, what is this? And he goes he goes, He goes, well, Rick hasn't shown you Wisdom Harbor. And she's like, what is Wisdom Harbor? And Andy looks at me like have you not even mentioned? And I was like, he goes, well, Rick has a subscription I've sent him and all the guys on the show. And don't y'all say anything.
Speaker 6: I go on there every day, don't you.
Speaker 2: I'll say anything. If anybody in here says one thing, you ain't got nothing to say, because all I just happened to be the guy that was in this situation. But it would have been the same if it had been any of us.
Speaker 6: Okay is full of wisdom. I don't know about you.
Speaker 2: I was on there with river the other day she started. He starts explaining it to Shearry and she's like, oh, that sounds and it is. That sounds wonderful. And he starts talking to Shry about one hundred stuff. She's like, oh, I would love to do that well. And then also just standing there and a sudden starts hitting me, Wait a minute, am I about to be pulled into this? And he goes, yeah, we'll Rich's gonna do something for us today. And I was like what, and uh so church, which means there was multiple by the church by the way I looked. I looked at it though, because he was showing it to me, and and and then it was a terrible woman. And he goes, you haven't you haven't looked at heavy and I was like, I was like, I was like, well, I don't know. I don't even take it.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Look and it looked around it and then Sherey kept looking at me periodic, going to know what it is. And I was like, and I mean, this is the I mean, this is a big thing. We talk about it every twice a month. Yeah, but I think it's great. But in all fairness, I'm not in school. I don't have any kids in school anymore. I mean maybe, I'm sure I could benefit from it. And I'm sure Andy would like for me look at it since it's a big deal to it and he wants me to help. And and I said, I said, what am I? And then they had to show me clips like this is what you're about to do. And by the way, they're incredibly I mean, no wonder they have they they got they got some folks working on it. It's that's a lot. The graphics are incredible. And what they're doing is they're making education, you know, like people, they're trying to do education like what I needed desperately when I was in school. Make it interesting. Yeah, and like I it was interesting to watch me talk about the Odyssey, and I was talking about it like I knew what it was. You were, like Homer said, in the Odyssey And what were you reading a telepromtu? Yeah you think I've read the audis And no, okay, So uh so when you thought Homers that got work done anything gas, Yeah, I thought I thought I didn't he work a good but uh but anyway, so I had to do not one, not two, not three, but four video Sure, so I got to know they take each one. Hey, how about this? I bet your big papa was, Hey, thankful, I do this for a living. You got through the first one, will go?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 2: Three more of those? No, first of all, two things go change again. The two things. Two things are true, correct, two things are equally true. A. I didn't think they would be four and B I thought they would be shorter. Okay too.
Speaker 7: And at what point, because I know you you're trying.
Speaker 2: To you know, just I don't know. I won't say, well, be true of B s right.
Speaker 7: You were trying to be as your way through it, all right, And at what point did you finally go and that it andy?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it. I haven't read I had, I didn't need to. If you if you can just chew gum and walk, you knew I did, and said, okay, so you didn't try to fake it at all. Well, I just kept saying things that rambleed, so well, wisdom, harbor, don't laugh. At one point you were pulled into it. I said, you know, speedy and uh guys, and he's like, what, well, y'all y'all all watched it.
Speaker 6: Well, it's the harbor of wisdom.
Speaker 2: I kept saying this is a really good thing.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 2: Was like, what sounds great? I said, it is great, and so we have a subscription. Squinty eyes. You know what Andy did. You're about to love Andy. You're just exactly what you would have told him. He goes, I'm giving share your own subscription. M way, look, and he just pulled her over there and got her logged in. He said, now she'll actually look at it. That's what I knew it was over that's wisdom. And I said, are you still good with me doing some of it? He goes, well, yeah, at least you'll be some part of it. So I'm four wisdom harbors coming up about that. I'm gonna tell you about the Odyssey. You think Betsy Ross sold the first flag? Not so fast?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow? What else? You didn't know any of this? Did they give you copy points or something? I talked. I talked about that sports involves a lot of math. That was my third one. Can't remember, do not help him? Betsy Ross the Odyssey, which I thought would be shorter.
Speaker 6: It's uh, the math.
Speaker 2: Math is in sports. M m oh oh, I know what it was? Geometry? I did it you? Geometry is all around us. If any of my teachers see this, If any of my teacher, you know, one's already upset because I have a radio ship. She's still math. Remember the one that said never tell anybody I taught you English?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: I said, we'll come back. We'll kick around. And another question out there involving Father's Day weekend, and we'll get to it. It's all the social media posting from Greg this weekend. A lot of people wondering at this.
Speaker 1: Is the rick Burgers Show, simply outworking the competition, The Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: We're back, Thank you America. So so let me give y'all heads up because I was in the belly of the beast. Yeah, let me give y'all heads up. You have one week from Wednesday, and Andy will be back, and when he's back, prepared to answer some hard wisdom harbor questions. I mean, Speedy's found his account. He's in there. You're ready. Well, I'm just going back. Ruby and Ezra would love this, Speedy, Greg, your grandkids would love this now yeah m hm Greg, Oh yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 6: I'd love it.
Speaker 2: We're going to watch it one week Education, one week from Wednesday, History and get prepared. I told your worst subject is it math? Asked me, It's better to ask what was my best subject? That's a much easier answer. Okay, what was your best subject? My best subject was mm hmm.
Speaker 12: This.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it does. They have audio books on here, uh, believe it or not. I actually was pretty interested in literature. Quick rubbing you, I know you're messing around when you rub your left leg. I'm sorry. I did have I liked history. If I had a I had one teacher and I came what grade I was after. I think her name was miss Owen, and she made history fun, kind of like Wisdom Harbor's doing. She would tell stories and she was she kept your attention. Okay, math was math. I was fine with math up till algebra, and then it all went south. And then in those days, once you got past ninth grade algebra, you didn't have to take math anymore, which was I probably should have probably was bad, but I'm glad I didn't.
Speaker 6: It makes a lot of sense now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I watched my kids, they were like in a private school that was like pretty hard, and I was no help to them. Remember that, Like they had to take geometry like straight up chemistry. I didn't have to take any of that. Now you remember that I took chemistry one time. That was bad. Why'd you do that? I don't know. I wasn't thinking, good grief, what were you thinking?
Speaker 6: Straight?
Speaker 2: I got hurt with the Bunsen burner, so so also, and then I'll finish up and let the guys because we got Greg. Greg seems to be all over social media over the weekend. Yeah, which I've done. And then speedy, Yeah, we got to discuss is the end result. I would just tell you this my Father's Day weekend. It's not a long deal. Once we got back from that, it was exactly what I wanted. We had a great breakfast over at over my home church. We had three hundred and forty six men come from all over. It was great to meet all of them. Uh And, so that was a great morning. And then you know, I get home and you know we're waiting on the on the two of the sons to arrive. Uh and and Brodie's wife Cameron, and we were grilling burgers on the grill for Saturday. And then uh uh and and let me tell you when Sherry said, she said, I'm gonna try to make this as much fun for you as possible. We have on those Blu Rays speakers, the big ones, and all of a sudden, I hear Tom Petty cranking, and she said, we're gonna get the grill going. We're gonna put some Tom Petty on and and of course I got so into it. I went to their guitar. When I when I go get the broom, I mean, oh, Daddy's having a really good time when I go get to bern and uh and of course, uh, that that's when that's when I was having fun. I had Tom Petty blaze and I had grilled burgers on the grill, all those purple onions being laid out, the slall was fantastic. This right here. You think I'm not having a blast, Oh wow, everything that somebody's having a good Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 6: What song? Do you know what was on during that?
Speaker 2: That one? Right there was Last Dance with Mary Jane. Oh yeah, they didn't know, they didn't they didn't know the chords that were in it. So I had to show them to because you got to be listening, you know. And so that was it, and so that was great. And then of course you know we are talking about this earlier then then we so we had grilled burners.
Speaker 8: This picture because there's multiple photos of you playing air guitar with a broom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one right there. Of course you can see I'm on the lead run now, right, I like the Jicks. Yeah, and that's uh, that lead run right there is from running down a dream?
Speaker 14: Got it?
Speaker 2: I see it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And uh, And a lot of people can pretend to play guitar, but not pretend to play it where you include some sort of semblance of chords and notes. You don't just you don't just pick it up and do this. You got to move the neck to right now. You don't. You're noting we're near where it probably really is, but no one knows. It's kind of like when you read the Bible when there's hard names, just read them with confidence. Most people don't know it either. Yeah. Yeah, So and you.
Speaker 7: Said blue ray speaker, you meant blue tooth I did.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, blue tooth speaking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't hear it.
Speaker 2: I didn't even beach boy. Yeah, I mean, come on, right, So everybody wants to slaw recipe. I know that was sent to you, Adler. So that seemed pretty simple. So maybe I'll get it. I mean, Cherry got that to you pretty quick, didn't you. Yes, yes, yeah, and man it's good too. And those burgers were so good. Then we did Father's Day choir. Yeah, next day, uh for I love when all the men get apparent sing uh and uh so, uh Brody I think was thankful that he was not part of that. Big Love decided to stay and go to church with Dad on Sunday and he paid a price for it. And that was the that's that's the Father's Day choir about front row. Yeah. I laughed hard at that. Right on the front row. It's like Big Love can't believe had a soloist that kept blocking our picture but U but he finally realized that she was trying to take a picture and he moved over it a little bit. Uh so, uh so we so that went great, and then we had salmon.
Speaker 6: How dare the soloist be in the front?
Speaker 2: I know? Ye, man, he's good too. Yeah, and look at Greg. He's aged a little bit, but pretty good work on the bass guitar. That's Larry. That's actually Warren, really cool guy. So uh so we didn't do spiral dogs text Nations asking. We just did the burgers and then the next day we had salmon pesto pasta, a nice salad and key lime pop because on Sam night, my daughter in law brought a delicious dessert kind of you ever seen those like brownies. It's called a blonde Yeah, where they're kind of head yellow chocolate. You got it. Yeah. So it was laid back and Greg will talk about this, and then of course, you know, we went over to Dad's grave site and UH and went over there. Greg's got a good story about that with he and lee Ley and so it was. It was a very very good Father's Day weekend for me. I liked how laid back it was. Even though it seemed like there was a lot going on, it never felt overwhelming, you know, it just kind of ease. Yeah, and it was it was whatever Daddy wanted to do or we just kind of went all in. It was nice. Got some reassuring cards and text from from the UH and then Grody keeps his straight going, I got you something, Dad, but I don't have it yet. Oh. That's that's that's pretty much standard Roder.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burtish.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 1: He has known Greg Burgess for his entire life upset, Rick Burges, Yeah.
Speaker 6: That should explain a lot.
Speaker 2: By the way, simply safe dot com slash big Vox. I hope a lot of you have already done this and you've got your property protected with the latest technology. Uh, and you have the peace of mind every time you did you set up your security system. You're you're not dis locking the place down, You're unlocking peace of mind. Now right now, we we this is speedy type stuff. Here, you move to simply safe dot com slash big vox. If you don't have a system, your system is fifty percent off. What Oh yeah, fifty percent off hodo love that with a monitoring plan, which you're gonna want that. The active guard outdoor protection, AI powered cameras, real live monitoring agents keep an eye on the place in real time. Somebody lurking around, Hey, what you're doing on the property? Birds know you here? Uh, and they can you know. One thing is to respond to something happening. What about a security system that keeps them from ever happening. Oh yeah, So so go right now to simplysafe dot com slash big box fifty percent off. Look for our link at Rick Burgessshow dot com under sponsors. So we moved to Greg, Greg, Wow, we've watched you post all over social media this weekend, your fast day weekend. Wow. Now we all know that that A. You're not gonna call your grandkids grandbabies grandkids. I do know who calls them grand babies though.
Speaker 3: Lely lely Lely, she got the type.
Speaker 2: And for Greg Greed, y'all do this.
Speaker 6: You didn't put your top loss post up and you didn't put your kid post up. Just admit it.
Speaker 2: I had help. I don't know how to do all that. I had some Hell. I just got to thinking I need to do better on that because I got the show. I don't know. It ain't gonna be a lot of personal stuff, but because of the show we posted we're supposed to. But I got to look at it. Ever since i've had it, I've only sent like four Greg. We know that we've all been wishing with Father's Day. There's me and the grand kids. We've been swimming, say grand babies, grand babies all over our hairs wet. Well, I hadn't been swimming. They had look at them babies. Wow, Well they loved getting in the post.
Speaker 6: I had some help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Greg, look at you hate and uh, you almost look happy. You do you do your blue caddy had on. Look at you. You'll have enough food, y'all. I'm gonna tell you something. And looking out, I'm this way to a little bit. If we're having a family thing, you don't want to run out of food. You don't want to be that. Nobody wants to be tolbody. But come on, I totally. I said, we've got six adults, four kids. Kids ain't eat, they'll pick at it, they'll pick out right. Yeah, except when I was a kid, I ate. But this is what we had. And poor Riley, because he decided he was gonna do the grilling. Oh boy, oh boy, six adults, four kids. We had twenty four hamburgers, what sixteen hot dog winnies, and about eight chicken breasts. And that ain't counting all the chips and everything.
Speaker 6: Eight chicken breasts, eight chicken bread everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they weren't huge, every the boneless. Just you know how many burgers twenty.
Speaker 6: Four, hollad twenty four.
Speaker 2: And listen, and there's still at home a family pack of chicken and hamburger meat that we didn't even use. I told her, I said, is a bus gonna pull up a bunch of people that we have, like the National Guard. That's happened with the protest. We are we feeding them unbelievable. Well, you don't want to you don't want to run out, she goes, because she goes, We're gonna eat and then we're gonna swim and then we want to eat again usually And I'm like, yeah, but it's not you don't eat. Just go fit to what you just ate three hours earlier. You might get a hot dog, winny or or fun and you know what I'm saying. You'll get your little snack. And there was desserts to don't forget that, Greg. So we didn't run out of We didn't run out. So did you leave? Everybody left with a lot, That's what I said. Wow, they got lighted handed out. Well would you just do it? Just div it up? But my goodness, and I'm all about not running out of food. Poorl Riley. It was hot and he was out there over Riley that meat thermometer. He did good though, I grilla, I'm about to get me one of them. Oh yeah, they're good, pretty good. And he didn't use a meat thermometer on his burgers. Oh yeah, Greg, they were perfect though, Yeah, but you know how to make it perfect. I never understood that. What you don't know how to do that? I do, but I passed that onto them. Don't make any sense to Greg about just you take out you take that spatul just and then Nelson it gets firm and you know what we're ready. I know, but anyway, I don't. Well, if you want to use a meat thermometer five, I'm thinking about getting one of the little digital ones on burgers, basically on chicken. Yeah, now that's the chickens. You gotta wash chicken. I know how to cook a burger, but there's nothing wrong with it. If you got it, use it. Do you use it? I haven't, but I will. Why don't you? I just didn't have one? Do you get it right? Yeah? Sometimes sometimes least the ways we go back out there because it's a little paint. You want me to show you how to do it? Every gay I don't know. Feeling in my hand, don't don't do anything to tell me because.
Speaker 6: You don't want to feel cut your own finger.
Speaker 17: Greg.
Speaker 2: It's not you, but you you don't even have to do that. I've got my spatula tap tapped up bushy mushy mushy firm. I know, but it's whatever. I actually fixed my I fixed my grill of the weekend. I'll get in that letter. Yeah. But anyway, so we had plenty of plenty of left. We got lunch for the rest of the well, yeah, you can eat. And you decided to post on social media about it. No, I didn't put all that. I should have. Anybody put that pile of burgers on? Did anybody say think Greg wrote this phrase? Spent Father's Day with my grandbabies. Don't get any better than this right here? Yeah? That was me. The audience is smart. Somebody even tagged l I saw that, and she did do But no, she helped no to to do the mechanics of it. She typed that that's her language, my grand babies. No, I was my quote. Did she also type up your top lost commercial for this product is the real deal? Yeah, that's me Rick six years. I've been taking it. I know you have. But did you type that? Yeah? I didn't physically type it, but I said what I wanted to say. And what's wrong with that? Yep?
Speaker 6: So she did it?
Speaker 2: Whatever, Okay, just like I put on your story the link to devote.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you have to see how how he talks to his phone. If I was I wouldn't do that for you, Greg. How about if that was your phone, I wouldn't do anything for you. Listen, Greg, I'm looking back.
Speaker 2: You're right. I mean you haven't put anything out there and says Elias's birthday. I know that was like was it even this year? That might have been a year before birth? Come on, man, I mean you gotta do better. That's what I said. That's what I'm trying to She's got to follow you around. We got to have your help. What does it matter who typed it? I did tell you what the time.
Speaker 7: It's just obvious when you do something, even a text to the group, and then when she types for you.
Speaker 2: I don't like it's a thoughtful text. And you know sometimes we go too long on these little group texts.
Speaker 6: That's what you're talking about right now.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, he's been about the.
Speaker 6: Compliment your dad.
Speaker 8: And I really compliment you on your dad.
Speaker 6: You said you don't like.
Speaker 2: Group texting with it short and sweet on that I'm looking good there. I've never seen that. I've never seen that picture of Dad on the one from Dad on Yeah, that's Greg like that. That's a good one. Then I haven't seen that one held that from Lisa took it. Of course she is again, she is again years ago. Can the audience count on Leelee posting on your behalf and get a little more out there?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, good, thank you, Lisa, Not Greg, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm involved. If I don't physically type it or story it or what I said, story and post stuff, I don't. I don't get all. I know that the story goes away after twenty four you know, you know we're gonna have hear Grad's going to be like the Apostle Paul, because you know that he usually had his letters, he dictated them, and then he would let us know if well, I don't do it a lot. But I'm talking about but listen, you know I get that along, right, I listen. But what I'm saying is, you remember when from the church at cord when when Paul would let us know. I'm now doing this with my own hand, and I'm writing boldly, Greg want to have to do this on social media today. I'm doing this with my own hand. I'm not I'm not dictating just to Leelee that I actually did them because it was because it was three words. Okay, Greg, Greg, so you're ready to post something? Do you even know how to do it? Yeah, that's what Lisa's Okay, that's what Lisa is. Sometimes you know, you might be here and need to post something. Yeah, I had some help. I used to could post on Twitter. Remember I used to could post on twitters? Have to do them for my remotes? Really? Yeah? You think you think you can buckle down and get back to that, because I gotta tell you this, nothing has changed on how to do it because you know people can overdo it. Mm hmm. You know I want to hear about everybody every.
Speaker 8: You have nine total posts, not ten, and your entire career, but you've been doing this?
Speaker 2: How long? How long your social media been available? I mean how long have we had social media?
Speaker 6: Instagram?
Speaker 2: Very long? Yeah, I guess a couple of years more than Instagram. Yeah, that was all about the twittern't call that anymore. The Twitter, I don't called that anymore. Well, I'm mad at Elon, so I ain't going to do it. Greg, he lunch made up? I think, jok. You can't call for an impeachment and then make up no more. If I know that, Greg, you're leaving the Epstein video out that to be honest, that was worse Greg, Greg. Not a way to post Greg, and he's a lizard man. Don't forget that. Somebody said I just liked all nine posts from Greg seconds even.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like eating lunch at the cool table, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: That you're here today, America. We've had a blast breaking down Father's Day, Speedy Adler, How did it go with you guys? Speedy?
Speaker 7: Uh, well, I guess it started Friday. I'm coming out of kind of a lunchtime workout with Hoby it is, and I am. I'm walking to the to the truck and we're in the parking lot, you know, saying bye whatever, hugging y'all got us hugging, asking for one last nugget of wisdom.
Speaker 2: No, we're actually making fun of Greg.
Speaker 14: The day.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: And the phone rings and it look if you have grown adult kids, when the phone rings, you think something's wrong.
Speaker 2: It's one of them. Yeah yeah, normally it's just a text. But if it's a call, oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, broke down or something so I don't want to answer hello.
Speaker 2: I just like, hey, what's up, what's wrong? What's wrong?
Speaker 7: And it was JC And he works close by where where we were, and really close to here. He goes, hey, what you what you got the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: I was like, uh no, I don't know why. What's going on? He goes, hey, can I take you to lunch for Father's Day with Wow? Nice?
Speaker 7: And I'm like, wow, you know, first big boy job, you know, first paycheck coming in. Oh, well he's definitely buying because he's taking you, and yeah, no and uh and he said. I said, well where you want to go? And he goes, I'll shoot you. I'll shoot you the address. So I'm like okay, and so uh we meet and we're pulling in, we go in and we go to order, and he goes, oh dad, gummy, no, no, hang on d and I said what. He goes, I left my wallet in the truck. And I looked at him and I said, I can't get mad at that.
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't even think about getting what he said it. I said, think I heard it. I say, think.
Speaker 8: He says, think it's fine, y'all, get off of you say, think and so I bought.
Speaker 2: Lunch, and I could I couldn't get.
Speaker 7: No, I could not get I said, you stay right there.
Speaker 2: You as a father, you have made me. I didn't think of being cheap could be genetically passed down.
Speaker 1: I didn't know either.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was possible.
Speaker 7: And and and and so we had a great lunch together and a little bit of an embarrassing moment here j C. He has and and Tyler have picked up on a team for this these adult softball leagues. They played once once a week night or whatever. No, but they've been playing and and something happened. Anyway, he he got a he had a strawberry on the side of his calf.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about almost a full length. It's a big and too.
Speaker 7: And and so for the dress pants, he had to wrap it so it you know, yeah, it wouldn't stick or come through or whatever. And so he had to he had to doctor it up and he wrapped it in this kind.
Speaker 2: Of galls thing or whatever.
Speaker 7: Well, anyway, we're going to walk out of the lunch, and all of a sudden I looked down and said, hey, buddy, he had gone to the restaurant. Hey buddy, you got you got toilet paper coming out of the bottom of your pants, and all these little cute girls are right there and they're like looking at him, and I'm like, you have toilet paper coming out, and I haven't stepped on it, thinking if I step on it, he'll pull it out. And when I stepped on it, I noticed it was kind of long, and it was it was the it was the galls that.
Speaker 2: He had down but sing itself as toilet paper.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I could not stop laughing because I mean, we're right there in front.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not we're not hiding. We're not now.
Speaker 7: It wasn't gross or anything because it had been. It was on the it was on the outside of what he had doctored. So so he starts, he starts unraveling and trying to hurry up before the girls see it. Of course they all have because they're like, you'd come come out of the uh the the lunch.
Speaker 2: With toilet paper coming out today? Have lunch? Left the wallet in the truck? Yeah, that's what you get, hey, he said, Oh man, I left my wallet in the truck. I'm like, this would do? Was this was this set up? You thought we had something?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So your family doesn't put their wallet in their pocket. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm starting to think that he might have set me up on that, but I still know I learned from the best. But we had a We had a good weekend. That was That was a fun little afternoon late lunch. Hoby said he would have come, but he couldn't. He would you get him for Father's Day?
Speaker 2: It's easy.
Speaker 7: But Saturday, Terry made Boston butt and some baked beans and coleslaw.
Speaker 2: And and uh some homemade brownies. Delicious.
Speaker 7: Ate way too much, I mean, have you had I wait, I ate so much I couldn't stop burping.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well thanks. If Lisa had been there, y'all have had five Boston butts, right and a post on social media?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: But it was a great weekend, fun, fun weekend. Tyler and Maybury and River weren't around. He was coaching. They were all with him and stuff. But Reese was able to come home, so it's it was good.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I'll let that go by me. So you ate so much? You were burping? Yeah? You ever done that? You're like? Good night beans for that nowhere? Just way too much. What happened what happened over to Adler House?
Speaker 8: Oh it was great. Uh, I guess I'll start Friday. Also, Uh, Aaron brought the kids to the studio, just barely missing you guys, and.
Speaker 2: You did saw and the kids.
Speaker 6: Yeah here I got the kids on the drum set.
Speaker 8: Ezra's uh not playing very well, but Ruby will actually play good.
Speaker 6: Here I got some good audio and uh look here we go and I give them in stretch.
Speaker 8: Look at and we have a we have like a toy drum set at home, but this is like a full real drum set, so it's a lot different.
Speaker 19: Ruby, give me your boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: The Father's day, I am fields. Yes, I saw Ruby's face like I got your dad, let's go. She was by the way.
Speaker 8: So yeah, she is a tryer, you know what I'm saying. She wants to do well. Everything she does, she wants to do well. And man it was great.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: We had had a big day Saturday, got a lot done hung around the house.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 8: Sunday I played drums and the kids, Wow they are. You can see how stressed I am because the vein in my forehead. Little two year old and a five year old just this don't do well at church. They just don't, especially when I bump on stage and I can see them out in the congregation and I'm I'm like, I'm playing drums and I'm thinking about a pill I've got coming up, and then I see my kids doing.
Speaker 6: In the aisle.
Speaker 8: Look at my vein forehead, my forehead, little warmer's substantial hot, so hot. We get we got haircuts. Got the kid hair haircuts this weekend. And Ezra, he didn't cry this time.
Speaker 2: He's got mama's little man haircut.
Speaker 6: He does.
Speaker 8: And I asked I was in charge of what Ezra's haircut was, and I literally just said, one slanted bowl please, one slanted bowl cut, please, And the lady was like, are you sure?
Speaker 6: Are you sure? I was like, yes, I want this kid to not look cool because the best thing ever he's.
Speaker 8: Running around with his little pumpkinhead bowl slanting bowl cut.
Speaker 6: He doesn't know that he looks so stupid, so cute. He's great. It is so great.
Speaker 2: He does not care.
Speaker 6: He doesn't care a bit.
Speaker 8: And he didn't cry when he got his name mentioned. Last time we had Ruby got hair haircut first. And then the lady was like, all right, now Ezra and he just goes.
Speaker 1: Crying.
Speaker 8: My buddy, it doesn't hurt, man, You're gonna be fine. But we have We had everybody over to my brother's house in fact, and so I hunk got to hang with my dad.
Speaker 6: As you can see, he's he's the jokey one. I'm the serious.
Speaker 2: One, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the serious.
Speaker 2: I got kids, I got a yeah that.
Speaker 8: But man, it was great, just a great weekend hung out, hanging out with family.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you did say you had to you had to serve and you had to play Saturday, I mean Sunday morning, and then you had two lunches.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 6: I had two lunches.
Speaker 8: I had great Mexican food back to back. I went to a Mexican restaurant you were a bourbontoon, and then I picked up Mexican food on.
Speaker 6: My way to my brother's house for lunch number two.
Speaker 2: Well at least you're not burfing, but you're doing something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was great.
Speaker 8: So thankful for fathers are so important and I'm so glad I had a great example of it.
Speaker 6: I know you guys are too, And it's great to work with a group of great dads.
Speaker 2: Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Looted with caffeine and ready for another hour. This is the Rich Burges Show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us America. Speedy, Greg Adler all here. We definitely want to hear from you. We'll start the hour with unscreen phone calls. Dad's how did it go over the weekend? You want to share? Share firew up, let's go. Here's a number eight eight eight, the number six big vox.
Speaker 6: You can also text us same number.
Speaker 2: You're doing that. We see that. But now we're going to unscreen phone calls to start the hour. Let's open all ten lines, and you also let us know whether the phone system is working. When you go on a weekend, you never know. First phone segment of the week always a dilly. So lines are available for you. And if you missed any part of the show today as we start a brand new hour, don't forget. You can follow us on our podcast channel. Be sure to follow us. You get the daily archive every day, you get a best of hour as well, so all of that going back and picking up any parts you missed and never have to miss a minute of it. So to the phones we go. We'll go let's see start right here. Hello, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 20: Ahead, Hey, I had a question for Speedy. Back to the music thing. Hey, Speedy, what's the name of that band with that guy named John and uhcot Paul McCartney. What's the name of that band?
Speaker 7: Oh, it's the Beach Boys, the Beagles.
Speaker 2: We continue, Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 21: I normally listen to the podcast, but I had I think the best content as far as Speedy going to see uh Larry down in Georgia, would be to send Speedy and Andy Blanks.
Speaker 2: You know what, boy, can you imagine I'll be fine, you know, do what you do that? That'd be like fear factor, you know, make you make you face your years? Yeah, yeah, dumping spiders on your something. Oh if Andy Blank, he couldn't do it. No, him being here the other day telling that story, he's got it worse than you did. You see had hard time swallowing. I think I think he said it correctly. When if you have secondhand, you have your areas where it's like you're very sensitive to certain situations and others you deal with a little bit better Yep. I think together we're like a superhero when it comes to that. But yeah, we both have our own on areas where like sometimes I'm not as bad as him, but there's sometimes he's like what no, And I don't get uncomfortable, but you don't leave the area that much. Sometimes I can't this one right here. Oh he has a he has a flea. You know it's he He's like, he'll run, like with Dean in Company and others. I didn't really get secondhand.
Speaker 7: I was just uncomfortable, but I didn't want to leave because I didn't know what was going to happen.
Speaker 2: No, that was the greatest thing ever. And I'm still mad at y'all for doing away with it.
Speaker 6: Well, there's always you know, there's a was this year.
Speaker 2: Greg when they started telling people how how to do the paperwork in the toilet. That was a little much. There's time to stop. But it's been a few years. We're checking in with it. Rick Birders show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 22: Go ahead, Hi, this is olive and I hope you have a blessday. Happy to take it Father's Day And I want to know what your favorite Father's Day memory is.
Speaker 2: I love you, thank you, Thank you, Olive. Olive always gets to the point, she's a good favorite Father's Day memory. I can't see. I don't remember what to tie to Father's Day. I may have something that was really good, realized that was the Father's Day. It's hard for me to remember all my Father's Day days in the past. I think it was that time you and I got in a fist fighting Dad toast to take it outside. Yes, probably one of the best moments that on Father's Day. That was on Father'sday, but it really turned it upside down. Yeah, you know, he said, you young five, but you're ahead to take it outside.
Speaker 6: First Father's Day was big. You know, Ruby was born in April, and then you know, June Father's Day. It was still in the throes of COVID. It was a weird time and I was just holding my tiny little baby. Yeah, I always remember that.
Speaker 2: I remember that. I remember the first one. Been a lot of work though, because well the baby's not very old and there's lots to do.
Speaker 6: Oh oh yeah, so so sleep at Prive.
Speaker 2: We continue Rick Burder's show and extreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 18: Yes, I was calling in reference to Greg. I think it was last week when he was talking about the Church of the Nazarene.
Speaker 2: No I did not, Yes you did. I didn't.
Speaker 18: Well, no, no, let me finish. Let me finish. You said that we handle snakes.
Speaker 2: You did do that. No I did that. You must be listening for you, Oh Saturday, she was doing the best of the years. I probably did radio. They do that. That's when your dad mad because it's not true, he got.
Speaker 18: I was just asking, well, it's not true. And I asked a pastor that, uh, you know, has been in the church since nineteen forty two. So anyway, I wanted to make sure that I was correct and that we did have never handled snakes.
Speaker 2: Tho we have not, Yeah, say that.
Speaker 18: The reason that I did call was because my husband had invited someone to church for this past Sunday and they asked him, point blank, do y'all handle snakes?
Speaker 2: So I said, oh, my gosh, they heard they heard Greg show playback from years ago. I was a different person then, right. So, And really some of this is semantics, because the Nazarenes actually handle if you really want to go look at it, they actually they actually handled badgers. And this has been that'd be a rough that'd be a rough visit. So thank you. I'm glad, thank you Adamer for putting that in the podcast. Especially we can get Greg in trouble again. I knew I hadn't said that.
Speaker 7: My dad's pretty laid back, but that guy I know, and they didn't like that.
Speaker 2: I think I think Rick said the snake thing. Nobody I remember you saying. I said, h oh my, I think is that supposed to make you make it better?
Speaker 1: That's worse.
Speaker 2: That's worse. I think that you were in worse. You were in on it. Greg.
Speaker 6: I didn't think you needed to send me this.
Speaker 7: See you're gonna you're gonna. I tell you what I'm gonna. If he calls me in the break, I'm gonna hand the phone to you.
Speaker 2: He was correct, and he will call, by the way. He will. Yeah, he's about to go, hey, y'all are funny and stuff. But this is over the line. I'm not in I think so. And that's that lady's fault, mister Wilburn, I'm not in this now. I made a badger joke. That was me trying to lighten it up. Uh Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls go ahead, Big Haut the neighbor.
Speaker 16: This is Flip.
Speaker 23: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Hey, I've got a would you rather are you ready?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Would you?
Speaker 23: Would you rather go to a funeral of an acquaintance that has a sign language.
Speaker 9: With Torrent syndrome? Or here Larry sing the national anthem?
Speaker 2: Oh I got Larry. I gotta have Larry singing. I think I think maybe Larry unscreen phone calls go ahead, Hello, Rick, Larry.
Speaker 12: Can you sing?
Speaker 2: Can you sing the Star Spangled banner? Oh?
Speaker 16: Say? Can you see?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 16: Rick?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 16: Rick, Yes, what happened? But my phone broke. It took us three days to get a new phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we thought we saw something that happened. We thought people had you'd been abducted. Yeah, y'all. Can y'all not get us a message some other way?
Speaker 16: And you got a computer, we couldn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Do you not have a computer?
Speaker 16: We had a computer, but we're not on the internet.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not gonna do you much good.
Speaker 6: That you've got a typewriter. Then that's the typewriter, Larry.
Speaker 16: Are we doing you but to download our photos that we take?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, So do you have this is important? When I visit you. Do you have wi?
Speaker 2: Fi at the house.
Speaker 12: Do you have there's white fight all over the place. We're running wife by talking to you now, Okay, we.
Speaker 2: Thought something had happened to you. We can't live in that world.
Speaker 16: Yeah, nothing't happened to us, honest.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, everybody was very concerned.
Speaker 7: And then I could I tried to call you a number of times and I couldn't get you.
Speaker 16: My phone was dead.
Speaker 2: You're too dependent on this phone. There's got to be other ways to communicate. Yeah, like Adler said, we thought you might have had another coffee accident.
Speaker 7: Okay, we didn't know. We thought you at the e R. Does Carolyn not have a phone?
Speaker 2: Just you?
Speaker 16: We only have one phone?
Speaker 2: One phone? Okay, Yes, our family was like that back in ninety one. What do you we just had one? You sure you don't go at least go tell the party line because I'm sure you still have one of those.
Speaker 7: That's got to be really nice. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a phone. I know it's nice, you know by the way we were just talking in the break. If you've ever sometimes when you're for world places you can phone. It's not he really want you Rick RhE Rick.
Speaker 12: We want to thank everybody for their concerned. We got all kinds of text messages. We had all kinds of Facebook messages be wanting to thank Snook.
Speaker 16: And oh well Lamb Chop and everybody else.
Speaker 2: Well, joy, Lamb Chops and Snook them all right? Can I ask the hold on?
Speaker 7: Do you sound like you're out and about today? Where are y'all?
Speaker 2: Rick? Grow your out?
Speaker 6: Had Kroger's outside the crow Okay, it's outside the Crows.
Speaker 7: So that means that you're not on the internet right now? You're you're using your dad.
Speaker 2: Your cell service?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 2: Didn't he just say he was on his dad.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: This is the first time he's checked in out in the back it is. I never heard of mobile from the text line. So what animal does s Southern Baptist try to handle? That's easy, wild turkey, so on, So we'll we'll be back. He's always a sign handled or not. My dad's calling here. I'm not asking hey, Dad, hang out in this second here. I know I didn't do a phone I didn't.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Do you have your Rick purchase show swea check out our store at grig burgessshow dot com. And click shot.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love seeing some of y'all getting stuff over the weekend.
Speaker 10: New fellas.
Speaker 2: That's good, lot's good. Men Don't Run in the Rain the shirt available now. Got a lot of other shirts, some few caps, some goodies there coming soon, coming soon, speaking of Larry the Rick Burgess Show, patch and patch it and a challenge coin not there yet but coming soon. Greg. One thing before we get to this other story that you told me about, speaking of men Don't Run in the rain, you haven't shared your experience when you know we different the family. We all got around to going out to the gravesite this past weekend. This is our second Father's Day without our dad, and Greg, you and Leally had an interesting experience. So yeah, we went to the to put the flower that she picked out and they look really nice. Of course I had nothing to do with it, Thanks Greg. I'm not good at stuff like that.
Speaker 10: She is.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect that. Yeah, But anyway, so we get out and we're there, and you know, it's quite a trip over there, but all of a sudden, the bottom falls out. I mean it's coming down. You get caught any of that Saturday? No, No, I didn't anyway, we get to laughing. Okay, so we're gonna find out, Well, I'm run, We're gonna run in the rain. You know. I told Lisay she had a pass she could run, but she didn't. But no, got soaking wet. But it was just kind of funny. It's just like old timings everything and what it was. He's gonna see if I was gonna run in the rain. I guess yeah, uh that we did. We made it back to the car and soaking wet. Both of us didn't run. Didn't run, listen, didn't run, couldn't. I'm getting more and more emails from from women that say, I want you to know we've joined the calls as well. We're not running even though they have a free pass to run. Yeah you can't. Okay, I can't. But that's that's we thought. That was the you know, it was weird. I had. It was funny. We got to laughing. Yeah, y'all sent that picture to the family and I saw that. So so we went late Sunday afternoon, and I'm kidding not. We left the house. It was completely Sunday, and the closer we started getting over there, I looked up and I said, sure, please look, it's about to happen to us too. It never did rain on us hard, but a big giant cloud started coming up one of those afternoons. But did you see the video and you can hear the rain, yes, rain, yes, yeah, So that's great, so and a lot of you. I wanted to run, but I did. And thanks for all the feedback on the book and and everything. And one of the things I should have done, I thought about it. I should have taken a copy of the book over there and just left it on the tombstone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just prop it up and then somebody grabs it. It'll serve him well. So so we're we're loving sharing him with so many of you that never got to meet him to this book and it's it's the feedback's great. Have you been asking yourself the question, whatever happened to Will Smith? M Yeah, he slaps Chris Rock and then we don't him and his wife they got a weird boy? What what a weird?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you fan your chef just screaming at those interviews, going to you, am I we don't have to we don't know, Yeah, we don't eat that to youself. Y'all work on that. So after our speedier both of you have on the list today. Will Smith just recorded a new song. Is this accurate? Yeah? Is it gonna get us in trouble.
Speaker 8: I'm just gonna play a quick, quick second of it. But it's so bad. It is so bad. It's such a bad song. That's what that's He's too old is it's like if you're if you're you know when your dad would try to be cool and it would make you uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: Like that's what's happening here. This gives me secondhand.
Speaker 8: Okay, sorry, I'm gonna play just the quick, very beginning part and that is the entire chorus.
Speaker 6: I like pretty girls.
Speaker 2: I love pretty curls. Go back to what him and his wife are talking about. Greg, Okay, No, that was tough, and it's that it's not good fresh brand. It's just over and over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 8: I like pretty girls, girls, girls girls.
Speaker 6: It's no Welcome to Miami. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: That I'm going to Miami. Yeah, I don't know what this is about here. Yeah, this is this is this hip hop version of Tampa with the memories. Yeah, this is Do you have any lyrics in it? Besides, you got any movies? Girls?
Speaker 8: Right here is almost it's almost insulting to his wife and all the women that are in the music video. But this line right here says well here and he repeats this a lot.
Speaker 6: Here we go football me. Ain't too many women ain't pretty to me. Ain't too many women ain't pretty to me?
Speaker 2: So no colefactor.
Speaker 8: As if I was in the music video, I was one of the girls in the music video, I'll be like, all right, so.
Speaker 6: Standard get in.
Speaker 2: What roll am I plane?
Speaker 7: Yeah that I wish that I was at work when you hold up, when you pulled up in your truck to back in one morning coming?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So is the slapping? Is the slapping Chris Rock? Has he even been in a movie since then?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Said something? Is he doing anything? Well?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I mean it's is it over for him?
Speaker 6: He slapped him in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and went on to win an award.
Speaker 6: That same night. Yes, that was twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Did you let him stay? Of all the things we've covered on all of our years of doing this, is that not more than one of the more strange one. It was because we all thought it was a set up. I thought it was a setup obviously. You know I'm gonna go that route. I said, they're just doing that. I don't think it was so.
Speaker 8: King Richard was in twenty twenty one, which is a good movie, and then he won for that in twenty twenty two, and that was the slap right it was. And then since then, Emancipation the slavery movie came into Apple TV, and then Bad Boys, Ride or Die came to Netflix.
Speaker 2: Okay, I haven't seen any of that.
Speaker 6: Then he likes girls, and then he likes Pretty Dune.
Speaker 2: Serious, is he just goofing off? I think it was trying to make His music has always been a little hokey.
Speaker 6: It is man in black. You think I didn't think that was cool when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: He's not a gangster rapper. No, that's true, and that can be a good thing. But yeah, more poppy rat you know what I mean? Yeah, which is fine.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's his first album in twenty years. Sounds like all right, yeah, it sounds very dating.
Speaker 2: All right, we come back speedy. Well that was almost like you know how you go through pregame to get stretched. Yeah, so we come back. We're gonna Unfortunately, look at some of the No King stuff from the weekend. Oh my gration and these people, now, dare you ask them a question? These people just.
Speaker 8: Tim Wallas kept listening to that Will Smith song like he's trying to convince us.
Speaker 6: All at something.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the Rick Burgess Show. Warning. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like No Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Showreo America, thank you for being with us. Always get excited. And we have new products the talk about on the show. Fellas. This is uh, this is for us shop Mando dot com, m a n d O shop Mando dot com. Here are products designed four men to make sure that we you know, nobody wants to be around a man that's thumping a little bit.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 2: We don't need a little bumpster. I need to be smelling good. And with the Mando products top of the head to the bottom of your feet. Uh, you know what I mean. You it's safe. Uh. And it even at Adlers really really excited about this product because he's been going to this road long before everybody started really getting on board about Hey, you need to get out of this.
Speaker 6: Some of these deodorans they're not good for you and so and a lot of them just mask odors uh and are neutralize them.
Speaker 2: Uh. But when when you're using the power of mandelic acid, clinically proven to work all day long, it's hypoallergenic, it is skin safe. Uh. And and of course, as you said, it doesn't hear to hear something right there? It is this one right here. Put something on speedy, hey Adler, aluminum free illuminum. How about this body? You just use this, use this right here seventy two hours yep before you need to reapply. So they're going to take two shours a week.
Speaker 6: That'd be good for the people that are listening in the UK. Aluminium free.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And this is the one because it was on speedy side that he's chosen the smell mount Fuji. Yeah, so there it is. So if you want to find out more about these incredible products, go to Shopmando dot com. Shopmando dot com. Well, you'll save an additional twenty percent using our code big Vox twenty percent off across the entire site and free shipping. That is Shopmando dot com. All right, now, before we get started. I know a lot of you. I see what you're sending. I agree with Meno, I agree with you the hypocrisy of the left with this no King's protest. No one is more king like than a giant central government run by the left. And a lot of you are pointing out the obvious, Okay, pointing it out, yep, that they're the ones that close your business, they're the ones that remove you from society. They're the ones that mandate you to take a vaccine. They're the ones that mandate here, mandate there. They love a tyrannical central government, and they have the audacity to go out and do a no King's protest. King. Now, I want to warn you, enjoy it, point it out. It will change nothing. All you'll do is make the rest of us who already know that go yep, good point. But if you think it's going to change them, it will not. Nope at all. They're still always And also we're going to play some things. It's going to sound like that people like Tim Wallas may have incited this murderer over the weekend. Nope, that's not gonna stick either. Remember it's only the right that are fascist. It's only the right that incite people. And if you don't learn that, you're gonna be very frustrated by trying to reason with these people. You could just take the position I have adopted going into sixty. I'm no longer going to try to reason with unreasonable people. Now you're gonna you're gonna hear them unable to even walk out their narrative present their case. They just know that they don't like Trump, and they don't like the Right, and they're going to use any words they can use, whether they have any there's any ability to substantiate them, it doesn't matter, because all this is about a lot of it's about mental illness, it looks like but a lot of that. But it's all of this screaming and yelling from my feelings and my emotions, and there's nothing any of us are going to do to change that. You're going to try to just don't waste your energy. You need to keep law and order, but you're never going to change the point of view. So let's get started with five A. Yes, Tim Walls was talking about the Democrats need to get meaner, but you cannot hold them accountable for the way people act. Only the right, only conservative talk radio and Fox News and can be guilty of inciting people, not the left ever, Donald Trump in sites, none of the Democrats do, never, no matter what they say. But here we go, let's play it anyway. Here's Governor Tim Walls two weeks.
Speaker 24: Ago called out on this because I called Donald Trump I want to be dictator.
Speaker 2: It's because he is. It's because he is.
Speaker 24: Oh, the governor's being mean, and the governor's speaking out on that. Well, maybe it's time for us to be a little meaner. Maybe it's time for us to be a little more fierce.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say, yeah, I think he cast it here. Okay, I will say that going into people's home pretending to be a policeman and shooting them and murdering two of them and co blood and two others hanging on for their lives, that is meaner. Yeah, and it is a little more vicious. Unfortunately, you're going to see him now have to talk about State Representative Melissa Hortman, who was killed by psycho in her own home because she didn't vote the way he wanted her to. So here we go.
Speaker 25: We're here today because an unspeakable tragedy has unfolded in Minnesota. My good friend and colleague, Speaker Melissa, and her husband Mark, were shot and killed early this morning in what appears to be a politically motivated assassination. Our state lost a great leader, and I lost the dearest of friends. Speaker Hortman was someone who served the people of Minnesota with grace, compassion, humor, and a sense of service.
Speaker 6: So if it was a politically motivated assassination, why did he have the no kings flyers? It seems he was politically motivated by your party.
Speaker 2: Sir, Well, he's got to he's gotta be real broad there. Now we get into the sixes here, and what I mean that that's the number of the videos here. Now here we go. This is the just just get ready, I'm telling you mental illnesses and all time high these days. Let's get started. Keep in mind that this has happened, and we all know what's happened, but the rhetoric does not get toned down. Here's Eric Swallwell, here we go. Donald Trump is America's hitler. Yeah, that's that's not gonna help. And remember he's hitler, Like just because they say he is not that they can show you any evidence of that, either they have a grotesque ignorance over Hitler and the Nazis or what. I think that that may be true, but I think it's this is something that sounds provocative. So we say, uh, yeah, here comes uh And I hate to see the senior citizens on board with this. Yes, I saw some senior citizens this this weekend. And y'all are too old to be this stupid. So so here comes here comes one crying about Trump. Here we go.
Speaker 6: I just, I just I'm just so scared.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm seming me for you.
Speaker 8: Reasonly, I worry about everything, and I just, I just I just seem so scared and upset. And I don't and I don't understand why people didn't voted.
Speaker 20: For this person.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason why they were just scared of they read it. The reason why they voted for this person is, I guess the person that didn't scare you, Joe Biden. Even though the free world is being run by a man in the in stages of Alzheimer's, Uh, I know that didn't bother you. The reason why he was elected is because of what a what a horrible job uh, the Democrats did when they had power and you know see this is again this rhetoric and all this misinformation. This is how it terrifies people because they believe all this. She was truly scared. Yeah, so sad.
Speaker 8: They're just being brainwashed and manipulated. They're being brainwashed and manipulated. People are praying on people's fears, and they're using fear to control them, and they're using fear to gain political power. And that lady, that old lady doesn't have anything to worry about. She doesn't and they're they're driving her. It's it's just so sad to see people taking advantage of like that.
Speaker 2: Here comes more grown adults acting like children at the King protest. This is can we can can you pause it this booth? Do you see for five cents which you can do you can help induce anxiety. Anxiety, watch get her Trump induced anxiety and and grab a Trump doll and beat it. They give you a little Trump. Now, this is a grown man, This is a Mandols like he's also in his seventies. Yes, and he's gonna go over here to this stupid booth and get a stupid doll from a stupid person and act like an idiot. Yep. All right, so here we go. All right, he's grabbing, he's.
Speaker 6: Getting the getting the doll from the booth, and he's about.
Speaker 7: To No, he's saying bad boy to Trump.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you mental illnesses at an all time hobbey. This guy tell you a mat Yeah, got his backpack on a right. Well, how can somebody be so old and have so little wisdom? No, it seems so many wasted years. That's wasted gray hair.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 2: Uh, my goodness. So the last one that we have children given sticks to beat the pinata. Yeah, that is an effigy of Trump. Is that correct? That is correct? Okay, so we have standing around bea keep in mine. Keep in mind, this is the president of the United States of America and we've got children taking him and and and a piniot of him and hitting him with sticks.
Speaker 6: This isn't good for people that wanted to open border.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, there's a lot of Now I want you to also remember. I want you to also remember that this is supposed to be the party that is supposed to be teaching a generation of children about hate. Uh and and love. Love. Love always wins, Love is always the answer. It just doesn't look terribly loving. It really doesn't.
Speaker 6: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's a little side note. My granddaughter at a party had a piniata. Some things are hard to break. Yeah, make them a lot. You can't break it with that little stick they give you.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: I felt bad for the gigs. I finally had a reason their cutting over.
Speaker 6: Ninas are a great time.
Speaker 2: By the way, as a capitalist, maybe we should get some Trump dolls and put them in the store and let the left go grab them and do whatever they want to.
Speaker 10: Do with it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 6: Speak tend baby speak.
Speaker 1: The man who loveies for a national holiday in honor of whoever the person was who invented air conditioning, Rick Birch.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is, but I mean we got to we've got to honor this person. Thanks for being with us today as we work our way back. So we've covered a lot. We've we've hit Father's Day, we've uh we've talked a little bit about the weekend. We've we've gone through some emails and uh stuff. Now we found Larry. Larry's okay, good, you know, so I was a little taken back act that that Larry has no way to communicate other than his phone, and if his phone's gone, then we lose all. Larry, so he's not on Facebook or anything? You know he is on Facebook. Well, couldn't he have gone on Facebook and told us all, Hey, I'm fine the phone?
Speaker 7: I think so, And I guess the way they look from what he said, if I can get this right, he has a computer and the only way that the reason they have that is is to download pictures from his phone or something. So his phone is the only way to get on the inn. And so when his phone was down, they couldn't get on Facebook or they couldn't do you know, which is important if I'm going to go see them on how we zoom in? And yeah, all that, I can't quite. I can't get a clear answer from him on what they have and what they don't have.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can get a clear answer from Larry on anything. No, that's a good not a clear answer. Speed.
Speaker 6: What's your cell provider?
Speaker 8: A I'm gonna see if if A T and T is good and doublin I'm sure it's good, right, just got to be.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not that small of a town.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, So I know you said you've been throwing some ideas around your head about Larry Quest, any of that coming together.
Speaker 7: Just some ideas when I if i'm there's a there's a there's so many. There's so many I guess options that we could. One is is go up after the show, do all the video and then all that and it's a long day and then just come on back and then have it. The other is go have dinner and and me actually spend the night there, which some uh you know, and then I'm live the next morning at his house and then we go out and do a you know, parking lot password or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what it all. It all sounds scrumptious. I mean, I'm just.
Speaker 7: Trying hard to trying to pick a day and a and a and a half that that I have available with.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, we we've all we've been at this a while. Yeah, well we've been doing this a long time. And just as y'all y'all know, I don't have to tell this is a this is a thing that we talk about a lot. There's the I love the idea of doing something, and then there's the actually doing it. Yeah, and you're so glad when you've completed it and you've got a good, good bit, or maybe you've seen great things happen. Okay, and it went great, But there's just something about that day that you take something and you and you put it on that calendar because we all have found out. I found this to be true for forty years that I've been in this line of work. When it gets on the calendar, it will happen. Yeah, you know, I put things on the calendar convinced that Jesus would return before you go. I thought, I'll never have to do that, right, And then we wish Dublin was a little closer. It's nice making it's a good haul. It's a commitment.
Speaker 6: Hey, I am.
Speaker 8: Looking at the AT and T map though, and you look like you're good being able to you know, let us know, like, hey, they're trying to kill me or they're trying to eat me or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some people is when he knew he wasn't going now sorry, yeah, now that he is likely out. Yeah, boys, I.
Speaker 8: Think Speedy, I think here's what I think. Here's what I think is happening. Speedy really really doesn't want to have to sleep in the cave with us at Majestic Caverns. So that's gonna because Majestic Caverns wants us to come and sleep in the.
Speaker 2: Cave again, which we've done before.
Speaker 8: Fifteen years ago, Greg and I slept in the cave, and so did Kevin. By the way, Yes, so random showed up in my YouTube feed this weekend.
Speaker 6: I watched it. Wow, Greg, fourteen years was that's a long.
Speaker 2: Time old cave crawl again.
Speaker 6: You I forgot how bad you struggled in that case.
Speaker 2: You're struggling.
Speaker 6: You almost got a panic attacks, almost death.
Speaker 7: I started panicing watching it. Yeah, video, I couldn't face I.
Speaker 2: Can't watch that. Look if if they have a size you're supposed to be to get in it, and don't, if it's even close, don't, don't do it. I think I'm in both of those, Larry, and that all right.
Speaker 6: Well, if you're coming to both, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: We both said we'll go with you, Larry. But somebody you don't want nobody to go.
Speaker 6: I know you kind of want to go by yourself, like.
Speaker 2: One hundred times, is that not actually say it. I don't think it's a good idea for anybody to go by the self and he told me to shut up. Hey, this is an interesting, interesting play on his part. I haven't seen this twist yet. Backed me on this.
Speaker 7: N't want anybody that. I'm not saying anybody can't go. You're grown man.
Speaker 2: Would you know anything point? Would you rather go solo? Would I rather?
Speaker 7: I mean there's a certain stuffness. Oh yeah, just go over and get it. Yeah, but I mean, I'm not saying the staff can't. I think we voted on what would be best whatnot?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Would you rather? Would you get that thing from Tom? I'm very thankful for What about that thing from Tom that I used up in Virginia? That's an option? Take that with you? Oh yeah, I used it. I want you know what that means because I'm a bit kind of handy. But I mean you can.
Speaker 8: Honestly, having a solid connection from Speedy for the entire show live from Larry Old Minds.
Speaker 6: Would be fantastic.
Speaker 8: Any you could weigh in on political stuff and then we would know that you were with their patches right behind you, and you could like be talking and we'd forget that you're at Larry and Carolyn's house.
Speaker 2: We need a safe word, we need away remember we for VICKI quest, we had John Deere. We need to we need a safety word. What should it be? Help? No? Help? That's when they can't it can't be patched. Yeah. Some people have even thought, do we really know that Larry and Carolyn went off the grid by accident? Or did they go off the grid to bury the bodies?
Speaker 6: Well, Clarence Carter, that maybe could be the.
Speaker 2: How about that be a safe words to be depending on how about muscle shows? Hey, guys, muscle shells. Just randomly it was recorded there it was and it was written by one of the what's his name, the main guy muscle shows, the main producer. Uh, he passed, thank you. Rick Call wrote patches. We could say we could have safety safety word Rick Hall, mhm, you like.
Speaker 6: That the Rick is in the hall something?
Speaker 2: So hey Rick, because I'm on the show, you know, and you go, hey, hey, Rick, I'm in the hall. There's the safety word. No, but he may really be in the hall. I told you. Because purple people, it's gotta be something like that.
Speaker 8: If they start eating you, you have to say purple, what about Kermit?
Speaker 2: But you can do Kermit the frog if you start doing comments the frog, we know, we got to do something, or you can call Hoby.
Speaker 6: You know, if you'd be like daddy, Daddy, please come quick like you.
Speaker 7: See that what they're doing when they're no, they're not going, they're all we're all real funny after the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: America.
Speaker 6: Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, America brand new hour.
Speaker 5: Who's ready, Let's go acastic from the real world.
Speaker 2: Boy, the world that has become more and more fake by the day. Here comes the voice of reality. Keep it real.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with me.
Speaker 2: Sweedy, Greg Adler. We're all here as we start this brand new hour. A lot to cover. We'll try to get another round of phone calls in this hour, uh and kind of find out what is on your mind. We've covered quite a bit. If you missed any of the show today, you always have the daily podcast archive. Be sure you follow our podcast archive. You'll see the options there to follow. That's important that you do. Uh, and you catch the entire show a best of hour of course. Also on the on our same podcast feed, you get the Wednesday Bible Study.
Speaker 21: UH.
Speaker 2: And you also pick up Rick and Bubba's greatest hits in Radio Gold another episode came out over the weekend. All right, so as we start this hour, h Net and Yahoo, you know this what's going on with the Ron and Israel. It's super important as we all know a couple of things. And then we'll get to an update on something that he said to yas Net and Yahoo's discovered about an On and Trump. But let's start first.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know these uh, these these hits that Israel's been taking in Iran, they're they're very strategic. Uh. They're trying to, you know, take out the key military leaders. I think they they almost got them all, but I think maybe two they didn't get and maybe decided that they wouldn't. But everybody they went after they got, uh. And of course they're trying to uh tear up anything that would help them go forward with atomic bombs. So net in Yahoo is now talking to the people of Iran. And if you saw this over the weekend, Uh, some of some of the people of Iran were actually celebrating when they heard that these this much of the evil regime had been taken out by the Israelis. But net in Yahoo is on a campaign right now to try to inspire the people of Iran to take their freedom and rise up and overthrow this evil regime. So here's here's some of those clips. Here we go.
Speaker 10: But to the people of Iran, I say, you're great people. You're people of great talent and genius. You have been usurped by this tyranny that has robbed you of of hope, has robbed you of a good life.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: I speak to the Uranian people directly. I don't know if you know this. Bread I do these these videos. I get millions and millions of responses.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: And they they say, Viva Israel, rabo Israel, free as from this tyranny. And I say to them, your our freedom is near, rise up, be free.
Speaker 2: Yeah and and uh. He goes on to talk to the brave people of Iran about who the fight is with and who it's not. And I loved it. In one of the clips, I'm not sure it's in this one Adler where he he went he went to the Old Testament, or to to the Bible, and said, let's let's return to the days of of Cyrus the Great. You know, when you know, Cyrus was the one that helped them and we all worked together and the Persians and the Israelis have done great things together in the past, and our relationship was one at one time that was good for Israel and good for Persia. But here he is again saying that the fight is not with you, the people of Iran.
Speaker 13: So here we go, so too, to the brave people of Iran, and I have a message for them. Our fight is not with you. Our fight is with the brutal dictatorship that has oppressed you for forty six years. I believe that the day of your liberation is near, and when that happens, the great friendship between our two ancient peoples will flourish once again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Nia Mayah, when he met opposition about rebuilding the wall and all that, he said, who WHOA Cyrus the Great gave us paperwork. We're free to come here and build all this back. And so if I had mean for that paper work, that that project might have might have never got off the ground. Course God was in that by having Cyrus do that for them. But anyway, so he wants to return to that. Now, be careful. I noticed some of you are sending me stuff. Remember, the Iranians can't be trusted on what they're putting out on social media and what they're I mean, some of you were going, man, look at this and and a lot of this stuff they're showing them bombing Israel. It's from a video game. It isn't real. Uh, And they're sending out these oh look at this, we had this. Hey, this iron dome doesn't work, look at us. A lot of that are from video games. That's not real military footage. So you can't trust everything you're seeing on social media concerning this conflict. So just take a note of that. Some did this.
Speaker 7: Trey Yinkst, who is a senior correspondent for for Fox News and he's been over there in the fight for what years now. He is really good and his crew was able to catch some that did get through.
Speaker 2: Yeah uh.
Speaker 7: And he was trying to get his crew out of there once he realized what was going on.
Speaker 2: But here's a little bit of that.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is some short range systems. Stay here and pull out a little bit. So that's Iron doing a massive amount of fire coming to Tel Aviv.
Speaker 8: Right now, Iron doing coming up and then you'll see incoming.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with something coming down, you're not get ready to put it off.
Speaker 2: Get off the sticks.
Speaker 6: All right, let's go. It's time to go there.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 8: Okay, guys, come on, everyone move, I'm everyone moved now.
Speaker 6: Stay with us, Stay with us, pick up the gear, let's go. It looks like a video game, though, I mean, my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard to tell the difference, but there's no doubt that they you know, they overwhelmed them, and some still to get through. But just be aware that some of it it's hard to tell the difference because it looks so similar, but some of it is fate and and of course some of it is real. It's a serious situation, so just just be aware of that. But I think that that Netan Yahoo, his narrative is on the right track. You know, the very people of Iran, or as they prefer to be called, the Persians, Uh, they they want out of this too. And you know, one of the most fastest growing churches of the Christian faith is also in Iran. It's a it's an underground, secret church. But there's a lot of Christians there too that are always in danger, you know, when that regime is looking for people. So so anyway, Uh, it's a it's a serious situation. I know that one of the things that Netanyahu reveals has revealed is that Iran marked Trump as enemy number one with an assassination plott yah who says they want to kill him. He's enemy number one. He's a decisive leader. He never took the path that others took to try to bargain with them in a way that is weak, giving them based a pathway to enrich uranium, which means a pathway to the bomb, patting it with billions and billions of dollars. And he said, because he he will not go along with that, they they've deemed him as enemy number one. So anyway, now I know that the left is announced to day that this is just another way that net ya who's trying to be king, but you know, by breaking the wonderful, people loving regime of Iran as opposed to giving them money hoping that that somehow will appease them. But so this is, uh, it's a serious situation. But I think what net Yao who is saying is the right thing. We're trying to weaken this regime where the people of Iran can can rise up and free themselves from forty six years of tyranny.
Speaker 6: So let's hope that happens. Let's hope they can.
Speaker 2: We'll be back more to do the numbers eight eight eight, the number six big Box. You can use that same number to text. We'll come back. We'll hit phone calls next on any topic a sunscreen phone calls and we turn it over to you, the people while we still can't when the Rick Burgers Show continues trying to this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Call no and get on the show. One eight eight eight six big Fox.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, America. We open up all ten of them and we fire. I mean, it's happening live baby. You're making comments. We're screening as we go. It's the way we do it here now on the Rick Burgess Show. We tried different things. Seems to be the preferred and has worked quite well. So thank you for that. Fire up. Now your chance to get in as you are doing that. Have you been to rickburgesshow dot com and looked under contest so you can get registered for this incredible trip. We have teamed up with Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association for the Ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip to Willow Oak Lodge next deer hunting season, it might as well go to you. You're gonna stay at this beautiful place. It's about a fifteen hundred dollars value. You'll hunt for two days, all your meals and your lodging will be paid for. You gotta make sure you got all the Alabama license that you need and all that and follow those laws there in the state of Alabama. It's a beautiful part of Alabama. I'd love for you to get a chance to go. So go to Alabama roadtrips dot Org, Alabama roadtrips dot Org or Rickburgessshow dot com under contest our sponsor's button and go ahead, get entered to win. Uh the hunting trip of a lifetime. Uh the beautiful, beautiful area of Alabama. We continue. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 23: Go ahead, Hey, good morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 2: We're good? I hope you're doing okay? I am.
Speaker 21: Well.
Speaker 23: Do you remember talking about the Fenata thing? You remember the movie Napoleon.
Speaker 2: Dyna'm like, of course, yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 23: Do you remember what the principal said that they don't know how they do things in war is, but here in Idaho we have a little thing called pride. I hope the Democrats learned from Pedro.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that. Yeah, uh, we continue unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Hey, guys, how's it going.
Speaker 2: We're good?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I wanted I want to comment on the whole Speedy and and uh his uh potential trip over to Larry's house and and and uh in Dublin. And I know y'all have y'all have joked avalos of Larry's Larry is the craze killer and they eat people on stuff. But you know, just just just just just on amusement, you know, you know, are are are we talking about like a Norman based in Psycho type situation or a Buffalo bill in Silence of the Lambs type?
Speaker 2: Okay, at Speedy skin on or No. I don't think we're going that far. I do think the code phrase his Book of Eli, Book of Eli. Yeah, okay, all right, I like that. I don't think a couple of them. I don't think that Speedy, you know, will be like skinned. I don't think they'll dine dying on his flesh. But there's something bad coming that's gonna involve patches. I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: That it's the spending spending the night there that I've really.
Speaker 6: You remember that movie The Bone Collector. This is like the Patch Collector.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know you and you know what it is. This all falls under that terrible, terrible heading. No matter how alert you are and how much you're watching everything, at some point, everybody's got to go to sleep. Everybody's gotta go to sleep sometime. Yeah. What about when you get big eye because you're not sure where you're at. I was there. You're staring just as long as not ever, I wouldn't sleep a wink, I wouldn't sleep. There's no being mean. I'm just saying you had a place you're not used to.
Speaker 6: You're gonna look at the clock and then you're gonna look again. It's only been two minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, been there before? Yeah, keeping flipping and flopping. Oh yeah. Cat on the pillow? How many cats? Cats everywhere? Trouble, smell of litter box slightly in the air. Can't get rid of it.
Speaker 7: That black and miles, Black and miles.
Speaker 2: You bury your facing that pillow and your mile as well be inhaling the little black and Miles. I'm tearing up in black and Miles, Greg there's a more reasons as ago. Mat We continue Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, unscreen phone calls. You're on the show, go ahead. We gotta do better than that now, unscreen phone calls. This is the Rick Burgers Show. Go ahead.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 17: This goes back to a show a few weeks ago about when I had got run over by Trettor and San Antonio, Texas. Yes, I was just wonder is that where he got to start from being a carport inspect or? We run a weed eater.
Speaker 6: Almost die. But that's funny.
Speaker 2: That's good, I said Yankee.
Speaker 11: She puts the patches on. Okay, all right, it holds the challenge coins.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's not it. That's me talking to myself. We continue Rick Birders Show. On screen phone calls, go ahead. Wow, yeah that today?
Speaker 10: Is this?
Speaker 2: The same person keeps striking out Hello, it seems so I can hear that seems so unlikely. Hello the show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, I heard y'all were talking about the Tim Walls UH sign language interpreter.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 23: Earlier this morning. I looked it up.
Speaker 9: She's actually deaf. They have somebody else who can hear interpret off screen so that she can interpret on screen.
Speaker 2: Why that seems such as that's not very efficient double interpreter. Why that she's dead and she's somebody signs her to?
Speaker 6: Why would you do mean here?
Speaker 2: But if you want to be an interpreter, you must be able to hear, right, Yeah, I mean is that too bad the person who signed her, Let's just I don't think that how would he know that? Well, obviously that person's not bald and looks kind of strange like this, not to look we're looking for you signed to the one we wouldn't put on screen. Okay, you're not odd enough, No, thank you.
Speaker 7: So just just I think this is what they were wanting.
Speaker 6: Just the level of pandering and just it's just silly.
Speaker 2: We continue.
Speaker 6: By the way, the person's name is Nick Zapko.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you start, did you say Nick?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you start pandering, do you realize those that demand pandering you can never pander enough. It never ends.
Speaker 6: It's an infinite rabbit hole of pandering.
Speaker 2: We continue, Rick Birdess show go ahead, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, y'all doing today?
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 9: I just tried a quick question for Adler.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 9: I know that he said that he is or used to be.
Speaker 21: Or whatever still is, and he only really planned to use it if he actually went to jail.
Speaker 9: And I was just wondering what would be the most likely reason that Adler would go to jail.
Speaker 8: Oh, you never know, being a patriot speaking out against the tyrannical government. Maybe maybe leaving my house and a whole new scary diseases here you gotta stay inside and give up your gun.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's why.
Speaker 2: Grand theft I'm going Okay, Greg, let's face it now, he's got a different narrative going here. But if you just saw him, your first dance would be weed.
Speaker 6: Tax fry or tax fry.
Speaker 2: He keep that we Hey, guy's going to jail for our weed. Jamie Johnson R h oh, that's that's hilarry right there.
Speaker 7: We need to know when Speedy's I mean, I know, we'll let you know when Speedy knows.
Speaker 2: Rick Burgess show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 16: Okay, guys. Favorite song with the word boogie in it.
Speaker 2: By Shoes Boogie Knights Boogie shoes, Boogie Knights. I like Booie Knight's probably the best. Uhi, what is the boogy Child? I love Boogie Child? Yeah, good love Boogie Child.
Speaker 6: Boogie Wonderland. Did we say that one?
Speaker 2: But no Boogie Wonders?
Speaker 6: That might be my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that may be it fire a boogie with a hoodie? What is.
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 2: Something? Is that a rapper plea talking about? Is that something Calvin's Playhouse? You played that or something? Do you have any songs that didn't involve that? I think you're confused to hoodies a rapper that's from Yo G.
Speaker 6: For a minute, I thought you were confusing the word boogie with the word booty.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of which new book Men Don't Run in the Ring for Father's Day by Dwayne to the Man Church dot Com.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that. I didn't mean to hit that's that's already happened. So hopeful a lot of you got that for a Father's Day And thank you for all the great pictures and comments. Really enjoying that. Also, I need to ask all of you something awkward social moment, and I know these are your favorites medium, just asking for protocol asking for protocol. Okay, so we we do this studio and we love it. But the studio is located inside a commercial building, and you've heard us talk about once we go out into the world of going to the restroom, we now begin to interact with others in the building. Some of them we have established an acquaintance kind of how you doing, recognize you somebody we don't know at all. Yeah, okay, okay, but we're not close friends really with anyone, because this would be something that you do without even hesitation with people they're your friends. So I just made a run to the restroom in the break and I almost just it was so instinctive. I had to stop myself because I thought, you don't do that to somebody, especially they're standing at a urinal. Oh boy, I walk in and I immediately noticed there's a young fellow that works I don't know who somewhere in this building. Must be on our floor because that's where he was, and his collar was messed up and it desperately needed to be straightened. You did not touch his and so I mean, I mean, you guys, you don't know how close I was. My hand was reaching out to fix it. And I thought, wait a minute, I don't know him, and he's standing at the urinal. He's going to freak you know it. And I stopped and I put my hand back. But should I have said something? You know, you don't say a word.
Speaker 6: First of all, what are you doing?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: I think you have become me. It's like something y'all said, I'm an over greeter. He's way more bad than me. He feels like like he can't walk by Sweet two hundred people. He goes to them.
Speaker 6: To say anything to anybody, they'll probably figure it out.
Speaker 2: My sweet, My sweet two hundred notches. You can't even count them. I've taken so many people to Sweet two hundred.
Speaker 9: I love for it.
Speaker 6: Is it about helping them or is it getting the notches?
Speaker 2: I think that it's competition. It is it's I think I want to be the person that if everybody needs to get the Sweet two hundred, they go ask Beard over there. He knows. Let's stop it there and leave any bathroom talk or anything.
Speaker 6: Did you touch the person?
Speaker 2: I did not. I almost did. I was moving that way and I thought, maybe I shouldn't do this. He turned around.
Speaker 6: Maybe there's no Maybe you shouldn't his collar.
Speaker 2: All that would have taken just a quick adjustment, and it had been right now coworkers were en.
Speaker 7: Now you were so hoping he was going to strike up conversation because then it would give you an.
Speaker 2: Open and he I think that he was well thinking about it. Poor kid, he's he's kind of gangling and here comes here comes big beard in. You know, he's probably wanting this all to be over as quick as possible, and you're getting too close.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I want to do.
Speaker 2: That with me, right, But the back of his his collar, was it just you know, you know, oh yeah, mine's like that a lot. Yeah, But if it was one of us, I mean, it's nothing. Hey man, let me grab your collar. That's even a little weird at the urinal though, I know, but you shouldn't let me once he once he backed away from the urinal, backed away from the Urineal went to wash hands. Should I have said, then, hey man, just f y you collars, Jack, don no, let me fix it. No, no, no, that's an one I thought Speedy was. But it's just that shirt, right, How do you left this shirt? You've left the shirt too easy to each I've done had people ask him an email stuff. I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 7: Oh, this is a borderline shirt. This is a shirt that I never wear here, but I wear away from here. And this would have been one of the ones that I challenged the studio the staff. Wear a shirt tomorrow that you would never wear at work, and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Puppy feet all over? No, No they're not. Are those puls No they're not Pauls. I don't know what they They're not religious?
Speaker 9: What are they?
Speaker 2: What is it? Is it? Is it some sort of is it clover? I just think is it a blue clover?
Speaker 7: I think it's a design that's I think it's a it's a flower? Is it some sort of tractive I didn't wear a solid colored shirt. My god, you don't wear flowery you know, we come.
Speaker 2: You've been staring at it all day. It's like it's like I feel like I'm a woman. You just staring at my chair. It's hard for me. That's wales over. Yeah, let's face it, like I have a face. I'm right here. No, no, man, I just thought that you're like a woman. You're like a woman in a low cut shirt. You're just begging somebody that great looking at your Yeah.
Speaker 8: Did y'all see my shirt? By the way, it's uh it's Bigfoot and my wife got it for me. Bigfoot's wearing a hat, he's got fireworks American flags.
Speaker 6: My wife really gets me, you know.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 6: I almost saw that shirt and said, that's the first she get that at the big Foot thing.
Speaker 10: She did.
Speaker 6: She got into the big Foot thing and then gave it to me, and I'm like, yeah, thanks baby.
Speaker 8: And this was all part of Father's Day. And then I made her watch the opening bank robbery scene of the Dark Night and nice.
Speaker 6: I was like, so, how good was that? Huh? And she was like, yeah, it was great.
Speaker 8: And then we then we watched some like van videos about electrical stuff and and I made I made her watch it, and the guy would be like, see now I used to go with these batteries, but now I go with this. And then I would look at Aaron and be like, see that's what I was saying, right right, And she'd be like, I'm only because of Father's Day?
Speaker 6: Am I watching this?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 6: I did a lot. I asked a lot, you know. And marriage is about giving and caring.
Speaker 2: No when it comes to your wardrobe. I think I think you you have such an attitude that's so clear you have completely given up. I mean, you're not even making an effort, and I think that that's almost defeated.
Speaker 13: Greg.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, yeah, I got to see more effort for me to make fun of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, Yeah, he's got to be trying at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So don't fix anybody's collar that you don't know.
Speaker 6: No, especially at the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I let him walk away from it over to the It's like when George didn't believe you even thought about it.
Speaker 8: It's like when George on Seinfeld went to feel that lady's material in the elevator and she was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Get away from me, creep. That's you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So y'all are not bothered by somebody's collar that just doesn't just one little adjustment and it's perfect.
Speaker 6: I'm not bothered by it.
Speaker 1: No, Wow, I'm.
Speaker 2: Still thinking about it. You wish it was fair. I wish I knew where the kid's office was. Maybe you'll say somebody's somebody's found it. Surely somebody.
Speaker 6: What do you not see it? When he goes to wash his hands.
Speaker 2: No, it's in the back. Oh yeah, I'll.
Speaker 6: Miss a belt loop from time to time. That's easy to do, right, Oh, if it's the double and the back.
Speaker 2: Second, are you the kind of person that tells somebody for flies.
Speaker 12: And it No?
Speaker 6: No stranger or friend stranger?
Speaker 2: No stranger, stranger.
Speaker 6: Stranger yes, friend. No, that's the right mix right there.
Speaker 2: I won't tell a friend. Then I'll watch him interact with other people and watch them go.
Speaker 7: You know, you won't tell anybody anything when you get that black Yeah, the hairphone, the headphone debris.
Speaker 2: Greg, I had stuff all over my head one time and Hobi, hey you got stuff all over your head And I'm like.
Speaker 7: It's been there all day, Like I had black mold all over It's I don't know how you didn't see that.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: I gave me two more reps.
Speaker 11: One.
Speaker 2: That's the only impression you do that actually sounds failure.
Speaker 8: Failure, the no, it's uh for people that don't know speedies only and best friend, that's exactly what it sounds.
Speaker 2: Where do you think of we are? We're workplace friends, but we're not, Hoby, you got more friends than one. I think you're I think you're smothering Hoby.
Speaker 7: No, as it's called a friend and acquaintance, a friend, and we have conversations and we don't judge.
Speaker 2: You know what. You don't think. You don't think, you don't think.
Speaker 6: How are you wearing that?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: You don't think? Oh he goes there and oasis where all this stuff is over. No, we just go with have conversations.
Speaker 10: What what what? What what?
Speaker 20: What?
Speaker 2: Hoby? You have addressed something? Wouldn't would Hoby have mentioned the collar, said the person in the bathroom. No, he had a fleet, he ran from he's a fleeer. Had fixed it. Oh yeah, speedy would have done speedy when over and fixed it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Is where you'll go like we got some relationship or that you're gay in a second, I had a good one.
Speaker 2: I mean second, we're all married. I wouldn't say it up together. It ain't like I said, if it's flying zipped, you zip it up. It ain't like that. Oh great, he goes se this in the second he goes to it. What about just hate? Everything goes just what I said. He was trying to help him out. F y, I hate check that fly? Yeah, but what was it?
Speaker 3: X y Z.
Speaker 2: Examiners x y z x y z p d q. By the way, I understand the person of the texture just said, I do not. I give no one a heads up on halfway down, but it's all the way down. That's a good point. How about boogers, Oh no, I can't point a booger out.
Speaker 9: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't even on me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Probably would we made a pack strangers, okay, you know no, No, how about these?
Speaker 2: About the ones that wiggle when they breathe. No, that's right, our crows. That was right up with whatever that thing is to get in between people's lips and keep stretching.
Speaker 6: Spit string.
Speaker 2: And before you know it, and before you know it, and before you know it, you have no idea what they're saying. No, that that thing will hypnotize.
Speaker 6: Do you need some water? What can I do to help you get that?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, hypnotizable, hypnotize. I can't take minds off of it.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 8: You remember that time I took a shower before work. I took before before work working out. I was working out right across the hall until then I ran in to go do our prayer. And I don't know how, but I had like a booger like coming.
Speaker 6: Out up my nose, off my forehead.
Speaker 2: I have like, are like, is this a joke about?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show doing what he was born to do, The Rick burg Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go, America. Thanks for being with us today. Have you missed some of the show? No, no, no Fred, no Fredd, and go back and grab it on the daily archive. Follow us on our podcast channel that way, you know, don't you want to know when anders got it ready? We'll follow us to done check that today. Also, we got the best of our every day as well, so look for that and you can get caught up on your own time or for some of you that live in this you live in the past, which is odd to stay with the podcast archive no matter how far behind they are wondering what lies ahead, I guess not wanting to skip ahead. Interesting. So we're glad you're here. We'll take it anyway we can get it. A couple of things that we need to run down, so we have I think Greg and you you brought this up, LeVar, Comedian Crawford laveil Ve, big fella, Oh yeah, a little bit ahead, uh tiny head, big fella, funny fella, I think I laughed as hard as I and that my sense the I've laughed a lot of things, but it's up there in my hearty laugh when I heard it. Horor when he was talking about life as a big person, and which is a nice web of seeing fat and uh, and he said when they asked him why he breathed, was breathing so hard? Memory said, so I can live remember that. And then the one that I love, which ties to this video, he said, let me tell how bad it is being a big, heavy person. He said, you ever looked down and mad because you had two feet.
Speaker 1: Because you just.
Speaker 2: Completed one and you're like, well, here we go again, got to do another one? And one of those things is and it may not be. Wait, you may have some sort of physical reason. Putting on sock can be tools and stuff.
Speaker 7: There's a there's a technique on the compression socks. My dad sometimes has to wear on. How to do it here and turn them inside out. But you tell, it's kind of strange how.
Speaker 10: You do it.
Speaker 2: So here, here's how there's a method to it. How to put them in blind and doing it. How to put on socks if you had limited mobility.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a neat little trick. Uh, And I might start doing this. I'm getting old and reached my toes.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 6: Here's check it out. So you take a towel, just a normal like foot towel whatever, and then roll it almost into like a like, yeah, a towel whatever.
Speaker 2: And then you use the.
Speaker 8: Towel and put on the towel on the sock and pull the towel up with the socks.
Speaker 6: It'll stay. Greg, you don't know anything that looks how good that works?
Speaker 2: That is actually pretty good. Yeah, but for me, you'll just pull this talking the power will come out.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 6: Look, you make a trench for your foot to go in.
Speaker 2: It's like it's a long shoehorn.
Speaker 6: It's a long shoe Greg. Yeah, y'all want to try it?
Speaker 2: That's not really you got to work out talents. We don't have to. We don't have car. You got a Brazilian jiu jitsu toe? Uh, you want to try it? I got one in the car if you Yeah, let's just have Greg try it. Okay, I ain't taking if I gotta go to Larry's. You're doing this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're not.
Speaker 2: Doing I'm not taking my shoes on you will take because it's.
Speaker 6: Just because you're ashamed of your webed toe.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not taking, Greg, make fun of it. There's other feet in here. When y'all do it, I know we won't make fun of doing it. Don't feel bad about having a web toow. A lot of people do and you're swimming because of it. It's a lot of people. But doing that other people do? Some people, Yeah, some people have it. You're putting the sock on, Greg, No, yes.
Speaker 6: And look how they're folding it like so then that the placement there you go, this is this is gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Greg. I'm not put yours. There's plenty of feet in here, not as good as your feet, not as good as yours are the desired feet. We're not doing it right you That ain't right? Can Greg?
Speaker 3: Here we go?
Speaker 6: No, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: There's no sock h you have you? Oh you didn't have a sock.
Speaker 6: You don't have sock, just a food.
Speaker 2: You don't have a sock. Got a sock on? Do you have a sock on? Yeah?
Speaker 16: I got a sock.
Speaker 2: Okay, then yeah, I've got those low cut ones too too.
Speaker 6: We all have low cut socks.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna work. It's not gonna work.
Speaker 6: By the way, have you all heard that low cut socks are out?
Speaker 8: You're supposed to wear like ankle socks are We back up now, it's like mustaches are back and ankle socks.
Speaker 2: Ankle your knee because I'm no knee. I want I want to take that tub sock all after my knee. Man, score about twenty one points and getting to get eleven rebounds. Why did I go out here and get this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because Greg's about to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I don't have a sock haste along taking my sock off.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to have a lot.
Speaker 6: I'll do it with a short sack.
Speaker 2: Come do it. I don't think it's gonna work on a short sock. I don't know. I just realized that you're you're not. Your foot's gonna be touching my towel. I heard anything. It's work. It's not as bad as what that towe was gonna touch later. This is not a bathing like this is just like a workouts. Go ahead. But when your face is all greasy, I mean, man, I mean greasy. We don't don't you sweat? Not touching his foot. Don't you sweat? You don't see the difference? You know, he ain't watched that foot in a while. No, No, this is this is like he's busy before church. Okay, all right, wash it before? Okay, both, what are you doing? So now your foot? You put your foot both.
Speaker 10: Of the.
Speaker 2: Right, Greg, that sucks. But would you put the mic over there?
Speaker 6: That shock comes off?
Speaker 2: That's not gonna work. What are you doing? It's not big enough. It's gonna work.
Speaker 6: Why do you hate everything?
Speaker 12: It work?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 2: So there goes my towels in his nasty.
Speaker 6: Sock, sweaty. It's nice to get some fresh air on my sweaty toes. My sweaty toes.
Speaker 2: I'm so good.
Speaker 6: Who calls them a footie?
Speaker 2: By the way, that's what they used to I tell you calls them.
Speaker 6: Hey, all right, I think I did it right.
Speaker 2: Alright, there you go.
Speaker 6: All right, So I was so old. I can't touch my toes like Greg, I can't touch my footie. Okay, Wow, this is not that easy. Okay, we don't fall I'm still happy to get down there.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not that much difference, is it.
Speaker 6: It fell off.
Speaker 2: That's my towel, that was my workout towel used to let my workout towel on rich face. Tried to tell him, you gotta have a bull. It's got to be a.
Speaker 6: Full It looked a lot better on the internet.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the right kind of time, as most things do.
Speaker 6: And this has never happened before, but something on the internet wasn't.
Speaker 2: So you don't think. There ain't no telling how many times I had to do that to make it work. Thanks Greg.
Speaker 8: If you like didn't have an arm, this would probably work good. If you know, if you have short arms stubby arms, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know that helps fat people. I still a lot of reaching.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it was harder to reach down than I wanted it to be.
Speaker 2: The you know what, Greg is? You know how you get excited about your litle league baseball game and said in that afternoon thunderstorm comes in, Greg, Greg is an afternoon, Yes, you got something you having fun while that's a bad cloud coming there. Well, it's funny you said that.
Speaker 7: Rick whenever he would get get going, he was cold shower in the kickoff hours. I'd have a shower of a thunderstorm. Cut Oh yeah, well that's exactly what that's him.
Speaker 11: Here he is.
Speaker 2: It's been Sunday all day, it's been sunny all day. You can't wait? Did it work?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 6: No, it kind of work. Again, it kind of worked. I would have had to reach down and pull it back up.
Speaker 2: So now my towel is just ruined. No, it's not ruined. Is a little stinky.
Speaker 6: We're pretty clean.
Speaker 2: Look look at that her. Doesn't he like you have clean feet? Yeah? Yeah, who would think he had dirty feet?
Speaker 6: Do you actually take time to bend down and take soap and scrub it on your feet?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, I use a wah cloth.
Speaker 6: I'm like, y'all really, everybody, I'm just clean?
Speaker 9: Is one?
Speaker 6: Y'all have a everybody?
Speaker 5: You may be right.
Speaker 6: I'll get in a chub and I was propped my up on the side chair, comes in scrubbing.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Time of the hour work. Thank you America. If you leave us, have a great day, go to the podcast, follow us and get any show you miss.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.