Speaker 1: What's that at the bed? It's spooky.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joky, I'm really sure it's dead.
Speaker 1: He's coming this way. Wait a minute, he said, I nandas pease.
Speaker 2: Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the para normal.
Speaker 1: I've joined this.
Speaker 2: Week by a dear friend of mine, Zach Noey Towers, a hilarious comedian that I have had the pleasure of traveling the world with doing comedy. We get into some interesting conversation about manifesting and manifesting ghosts, and you don't want to miss this. But before we get to that, just a little friendly reminder that I will be doing my live show in Los Angeles the fifth of March. Get those tickets. It's a big old theater. We got tickets for everyone, so come on down. I'll have some celebrity guests. We'll be talking about ghosts. Who knows, we might even see a ghost, So make sure you get those tickets at largodshla dot com. You could also just google Largo at the Coronet, or just go to the link in my bio on Instagram at Roz Hernandez. Anyway, I've got a story here in my email. This one comes from Alma Alma Rights. Some years ago, my family and I went down to Rosa Retaumaxa cow to spend Christmas Christmas at the beach.
Speaker 1: Weird, I know.
Speaker 2: Anyhow, we rented a huge house a block from the beach that had all the lias upstairs, along with one bedroom and remaining bedrooms downstairs. One of those nights, my sister and I stayed up when everyone went to bed to watch a scary movie. We didn't have many options, so we went with watching a haunting in Connecticut. Ooh, that's a good real story. I got to cover that one of these days with the guests on the show. Back to the story, So before we started, we went around, turned off all the lights, closed all the shutters, and locked and latched the two sets of French doors that led to the balcony. The episode of the haunting in Connecticut. Oh, I guess this is like the TV show documentary thing. Okay, I remember this from the early two thousands. I think that's what we're talking about here. Okay, so it says the episode we were watching was about a ghost haunting a house and.
Speaker 1: Talking to a little girl.
Speaker 2: There was a moment when the ghost and the show knocks on the door at the exact time I heard a door creaking open, and slowly I turned around, thinking it was one of the people in the upstairs bedroom going to the restroom, only to realize that both sets of French doors were wide open. Not slightly open, but completely open. I was frozen. I turned to look at my sister, who had no idea what was happening until she saw my panicked face and looked where I was pointing to. Both of us started laughing hysterically from the terror. We turned off the TV, had to muster the courage to go close and lock the doors again, and flew down the stairs to our bedrooms. The next morning, during breakfast, we told the rest of the family what happened. My aunt, who was sleeping upstairs, said, no, wonder you guys left all the lights on. Nope, we definitely didn't. After that happened, so many things clicked for all of us, like when the first morning we were there, I was getting my stuff ready to shower. Someone opened the door and I heard a man and laugh. At the time, I thought it was one of the security guards that maybe didn't realize that the house was occupied already, or when a sunglass case flew off the nightstand and we thought one of the kids hit them by accident, or items being moved from where we left them, including my dad's cell phone which he turned off in store to my mom's purse, only to find it under his pillow the next day when the alarm went off. Thankfully, we were leaving the next day, so we didn't have to know the truth for long. Okay, Olma, I don't know what the hell was going on at that place. Who the hell was this man that opened up the door when you were in the shower and just started laughing. He didn't say, oh, oh, I'm so sorry, He just laughed. I would be pissed off, ooh. Or a ghost turning off and turning on and moving my phone. I got classified information in there. I've got pictures of things only my doctor's scene. I don't know what I'm talking about anyway, Guys, let's talk to someone funny. Here's me with zach Newey Towers and with the show. Please welcome to the show, The Hilarious zach Ney Towers. It's me, Hi Roz. You stunning, stunning friend of mine.
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm great.
Speaker 3: Like I mentioned before we hit record, I'm so excited that we're doing another cruise together. Yes, like you were such a bright light for my Italian or my Meta training cruise, the medi training cruise we did.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is like I haven't really talked about that on this podcast because you know, we record a couple of weeks in advance, and then it's just kind of hard to do like current stuff or whatever. Sure, but yeah, I've done a couple of gay cruises as a comedian, and the first one I did was with you. We were the comedians and we went to Italy into a Bifa, And then this weekend we're going on one to the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico, Miami and Haiti, Haiti.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, We're gon have so much fun.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a great time, you and I. But I've never really gotten to sit down and talk to you about ghosts. I know, what a shame or any of that kind of a thing.
Speaker 1: Do you believe? I do believe.
Speaker 3: I believe in it all. I believe in ghosts. I believe in like a Bigfoot esque thing. I believe in animals that we haven't found yet. I believe in aliens. Like, it is so small minded for us to sit on this tiny little planet in the middle of an unexplained solar system and say, no, no such thing as ghosts. Bitch, shut up. There's just there's no way these things don't exist. In my head, there's just no way they don't exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but something being small minded has never stopped us humans from you are you're correct, you know? But yeah, I mean if you just look at the way that people are on this earth, where there's people that are like.
Speaker 1: No one's allowed to be different than me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, or like it's so funny, like people who don't think they can pursue their dreams, like their dream jobs. Oh I could never do that. People say I can never do stand up. I'm like, really, like, you could never do stand up? Is that the story you're telling yourself?
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people that do do it can't do it exactly.
Speaker 3: Be like, honey, that has not stopped any of the famous white, straight male comedians from reaching great heights in the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is this your motivational speaker era.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm so balls deep in woo woo TikTok in like the manifesting, the like energies, all those things.
Speaker 1: It really it.
Speaker 3: For a few years now, it's kept me on a pink cloud where I'm like it is all up to me, Like my mind does dictate my thoughts. My futures are my reality. Like yeah, And I think actually that kind of goes hand in hand with the whole ghost thing, because ghosts are a vibe. Like there's good vibes and they're bad vibes. There's probably ghosts that are just chilling because they like they've explored the universe and they just like being like in my bathroom. They're like, you know what, this this spot is actually pretty calming, and you know that ghost lives in my bathroom. I don't have a ghost in my bathroom, but if any ghosts are listening, I'm open to sharing my space.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean with a good one.
Speaker 3: I don't want a little bitch, but like like a fun ghost who's kind of like I move the lube, like like yeah, get in here. I don't care. I live alone if as far as I know, so.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know what I keep thinking about is like a human secretly living in my home.
Speaker 1: That's called frogging, right, Is that what they call it? Frogging?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm pretty well. I say that without confidence. But it's like where you successfully live in someone's space without them knowing you live there.
Speaker 1: No, I am so scared that that's what's happening to me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Do you have an eighteen bedroom home that I don't know about nineteen.
Speaker 1: But it's counting. It's no big deal. No, I don't.
Speaker 2: But it's because my heater. I've been having my heater on at night.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. And it is an old.
Speaker 2: Ass heater and it'll do a little bit of a crash boom bang. It's funny that me being me at this point in my life, I don't assume it's a ghost. For some reason, I just keep thinking that it's some body that's been living in my home. I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm like, this is a person. Well, because I also have a large closet that I use as just throwing shit in there. Oh no, like literally just throwing shit in there. And one thousand percent a human could live in there.
Speaker 1: Ross. That's not good. That's not good for your mind.
Speaker 2: You're totally right, but it's a whole situation with throwing things out.
Speaker 1: Are you a hoarder?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you are. Oh my god, I've never met a thing I didn't like. Yeah, I'm a collector, I.
Speaker 3: Say, yeah, I'm the opposite in my old age.
Speaker 1: I'm like a get rid of her.
Speaker 2: Either way, hopefully there's nobody frog in froggy style in this apartment.
Speaker 1: So you're a manifestor. We have learned, which I I love.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think that like the jewelry community has really given it a bad name or sort of the like.
Speaker 1: Ooh, let's light some sage.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, crystals like if I have my rose quartz, I can do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that can be that can be dangerous though. I have had a crystal hoarding stage of my life. Oh my god, your bit about crystals is so funny.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It is all very true. I've spent a lot of money on crystals and it's gotten me.
Speaker 3: Here a nineteen bedroom home with a roommate. You don't know about. That's because of the Rose Courts. The Rose Courts is supposed to be about love, and I'm rubbing those stones all over me and nothing's been happening. But yeah, as a person.
Speaker 2: With lots of crystals and jewelry and incense burning at all times, I think that people have kind of rolled their eyes at manifestation. But manifestation is also it goes, it's along with prayers, some people call it. Yeah, a lot of witchcraft is manifesting, which you know, all this stuff has been around for forever. Like I think when the secret came out, everyone was.
Speaker 1: Like, what is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like, no, people have always it's not really I mean, I guess it's a secret, But.
Speaker 3: The thing is like, Okay, I'd rather still be woo woo and be thinking of all these beautiful, amazing ways my life is going to turn out. Then the alternative, which is just like being like pissy and seeing all the bad stuff and complaining all the time.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? So I'd rather be Delulu than you know, the alternative. Why do you look at me when you said the alternative? Well, you know, you're in a closet right now, I think.
Speaker 2: And hopefully I'm alone. I am in a closet recording. So have you ever seen a ghost or encountered one. Okay, so when I was little, I thought I would see a girl running through the halls of my home in a nightgown. That's what I thought I saw. But looking back, I can't guarantee I was a reliable witness, right Like, I think it could have been little kid me. You know, you do see something out of the corner of your eye, but that could literally be like a fucking floating piece of dust in my literal eye or something like m hmm.
Speaker 1: But I wanted it to be true.
Speaker 3: Do you remember being scared by it? Yes, the first time, and then after that. No, I think I was kind of like looking for her. After that, You're like, hey girl, I was like, bitch, I need to braid someone's hair post haste.
Speaker 1: So where are you running? That's so cute.
Speaker 2: Did anybody else in the house ever report seeing a little girl running?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Although one time my sister and I were both in opposite ends of the house and we heard a glass shatter, and we went into the kitchen and there was a glass sitting in the middle of the counter shattered. It had like broken by itself, and we thought that was very eerie. But again, I feel like a scientist would be like, well, that was just a change in the sea level and the air pressure, you know what I mean, Like glasses sometimes just break on their own.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was a ghost.
Speaker 2: These scientists, I tell you, they had to ruin all of our fun They're not doing anything fun.
Speaker 3: No, they're vaccines saving my life. Maybe I want to be a ghost scientist. Everything about that.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always have to say, for the record, I'm very pro science.
Speaker 3: Pro science and pro crystals can actually live in the same nineteen bedroom home.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am very much about that, Like kind of always, I am very.
Speaker 1: I want both.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want it to be possible that ghosts could be something woo woo whatever, But.
Speaker 1: It could also be some kind of a scientific thing. Why not?
Speaker 2: And who's to say, Like, you know, it's like someone can have a near death experience and then you could be like, well, a chemical gets released in your brain when you're whatever and you hallucinate. Sure, it's like okay, but could that also be that you saw your dead ancestors welcoming you into heaven or what?
Speaker 1: Like? It could be both yes, why not?
Speaker 3: Or the I had sex with the ghost everything of that doctor Philstein.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had sex with a ghost? No, but again I'm open to it. Yeah. I feel like the cleanup would be a breeze. Wow, it's ectoplasm.
Speaker 3: Oh that would be narley if you were like having this like sexual experience with something that you couldn't necessarily see but you could feel, and then out of nowhere at the end, like ectoplasm just like splashed on your face and like, oh oh I didn't Okay, uh, it got real real, all of a sudden, something you can't see but you can feel. Girl, that's going to a dark room. Okay, what if it was a reveal that dark rooms were not filled with other people, it was just ghosts like going at it on you. Oh my god, I'm not a ghost room, girly, a ghost room. I'm not a dark room, Gurly. I need to be able to see, you know, the thing's coming at me.
Speaker 2: All right, for anyone listening that needs to see. So did you ever go ghost hunting or anything like that?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: So as soon as I had my driver's license, me and my friends were obsessed with driving to like haunted places. This is in Saint Louis, Saint Louis. Yes, did you.
Speaker 1: Ever go to the Lent Mansion?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lent Mansion is kind of like a tourist like haunted place, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we also had Okay, so two things.
Speaker 3: The Exorcists story was inspired by a Saint Louis case, The Little Boy.
Speaker 1: The Little Boy me and Jared gold Stain. We talked about that on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh stop, okay, Yeah, so you know they like the entire floor of that hospital when it had happened. And then the other thing that's cool about Saint Louis in a dark dark way is that we had the City Hospital. It was like I guess like a state funded hospital where they had like a psych ward and like people were treated horribly there, and it was like bottom of the barrel. Like it's like you didn't want to go there, but if you had to go there, you had to go there, shock treatment, that type of thing. All of a sudden, they lost funding and they left it, like everything inside of it that was like in like God, I want to say that they probably left it in like the eighties maybe, And so for a while you could like sneak in and like poke around like cabinets so if you look up pictures of like abandoned city hospital Saint Louism's right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we had our video camera. We went down there one time.
Speaker 3: It's downtown Saint Louis not a great area, especially not for like sixteen year old gay kids to go.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went in with the video camera, but it was so dark because the windows were boarded up, at least on the first floor, and we were looking around very scary, very scary. We were in there for like fifteen minutes. We came out. We went to look at the footage. As soon as we go in the building, it goes to static.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that like that was like a thing that my friends and I were like, no way, no way, because it was like also one of those things were like the camera came back when we like left the hospital, the footage showed up again.
Speaker 1: That's creepy. It was wild.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will accept that as a ghost story.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: I actually came here to get closure and acceptance, so that really fills my little heart with joy.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the Lent Mansion, because you know, I spent a couple of days there on the television show my mom called Living for the Dud, which is on Hulu and America and Disney Plus around the world.
Speaker 3: So what I remember of the Lent Mansion was that it was like a cursed family. Yes, and like did they keep someone in the attic? Was that the lamps? Did they have a person in the attic? Let's add one to the story just in case.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that they kept someone in the attic.
Speaker 1: But a bunch of people killed themselves?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Okay, I feel like I was just oversaturated with the Lamp Mansion story. And like I said, they kind of had like tours and like things like that, so it felt like very commercial, very like Ponted Mansion Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So I guess I was always more intrigued by like the lesser known like the abandoned city hospital to me, felt much scarier than like an up and running place you could get tickets to.
Speaker 2: Right now, there's like real life dangers to going to an abandoned building at night.
Speaker 3: Yes. Oh, I was gonna say, like I got the Internet when I was like a young kid, but you know how websites used to be like very like cheap, like it was like you went to a website like web pages, yes, yes, and it was like four pages total or something. Yeah, And we would try to find honted places there and this one time we found a place and it was just like a house and it was like in the boonies, a little bit like probably like thirty or forty minutes outside of Saint Louis. And we drove there and it was this house set way back on this property. The road was out front, and then there was a huge field and yard and this like abandoned house, like in the darkness between the trees. And we went up to it and when we peeked inside the windows, there were a bunch of like circular saw blades hanging from like the dining room area, and I lost my mind. I refused to go into the house. I was like, no, no, no, no, there's weapons visible.
Speaker 1: No. I'm like I'm not going in there.
Speaker 2: But it was an abandoned house that nobody lived in. Yeah, uh huh, that's freaky. That's like Texas chainsaw mass.
Speaker 1: That was the vibe. Hey, let's go.
Speaker 2: Back to Manifestation for a second, Okay, because there's a story I wanted to tell you about that sort of goes along with manifestation and this idea of could it be science, could it be something else. There's this really famous story called the Philip Experiment, and I've talked about.
Speaker 1: It over the years.
Speaker 2: We did just hit five years on this podcast, so I've covered a lot of things over the years, but I've never talked about it with a guest, and I'm so curious somebody else's thoughts on this. Basically, what this story is is these people set out to see can they create a ghost?
Speaker 1: Like could you just out of nowhere?
Speaker 2: You know, we're all so used to this idea that ghosts are a dead person whatever, But could it also just be something you make up interesting?
Speaker 3: And like you give it power, you give it a life, right, so people actually start to manifest.
Speaker 2: Right, So it's like, if you can manifest a job, why not manifest go like, could.
Speaker 1: You also do that? I don't know, Oh my god. So this experiment.
Speaker 2: Most of the research I got here is from a twenty eighteen article by Stephen Wagner on liveabout dot com. This took place in Toronto nineteen seventy two, scary time.
Speaker 1: So much of this good.
Speaker 2: Paranormal stuff is from the seventies, because the seventies and sixties was a really big time for parapsychology, which nowadays like almost doesn't exist. I think there was a lot of funding going on at the time where people were studying esp and telekinesis and all of these kinds of things because they were like, Okay, could this be a science? Sure, and then I think it's kind of I think it's viewed by the scientific community as more pseudoscience and like not enough facts. There was a lot of universities that had like labs for this stuff. Actually, like UCLA had a huge one around this time period. But so this experiment in Toronto, this group was known as the Toronto Society of Psychical Research or TSPR for short. This experiment was started by doctor A. R. George Owen, who was a mathematical geneticist nerd alert, and it was observed by a psychologist named doctor Joel Witten. And what they did is they assembled a team. They wanted to have a bunch of different kinds of people on this team, so they had doctor Owen's wife, they had an industrial designer, a former chairperson of MENSA, an accountant, a housewife, a real housewife, of Toronto, a bookkeeper, a sociology student. All these people they get together and they're like, let's see if we can make a ghost. So they write a whole backstory for who this ghost could be. They're like, okay, his name's Philip. He's a British aristocrat in the mid sixteen hundreds. He's married to this woman named Dorothea. But let's make her be like this cold bitch. And he's like, not into her that much. So then he falls in love randomly with this woman named Margo. He talked about living in a big old place. He had a bunch of land. He moves the new girl, Margo into a little house on his property so that his wife wouldn't be able to find her whatever I don't know. And then that's their little love shack where they get ba. Then one day the wife finds Margo. She accuses her of witchcraft, and she's like, you're stealing my man, you witch. Let me guess you got crystals too, bitch.
Speaker 1: And it's you, you're Margot.
Speaker 2: And then she was burned at the stake. Now again, this is all fake. This is all like a fake story. Okay, Now I gotta just say this whole thing feels like kind of kinky to me, Like these people like getting together and being like, okay, let's come up with a story. Yeah, let's come up with a story. So it's like they used to fuck.
Speaker 1: It's all sex. Yeah, these so like, let's make it.
Speaker 2: Margot had big tits, and they're like okay, okay, okay, we're losing the story here.
Speaker 1: So whatever, this is what they come up with.
Speaker 2: And then one of the members draws a picture of Philip and you know kind of vision board, you know, have the photo there, and then they tried to make contact with them, and they would gather around a card table and they would meditate on this story and they would try to conjure him up. And these people did this every single week for a year, and nothing happened. That's why I'm saying some other shit was going on in this group.
Speaker 3: They were trying to conjure their own story. Yes see, I think they jumped way ahead. I think they needed to establish the story kind of like create the urban legend or whatever or like the ghost story, and then revisit it in like thirty years once it's had time to like marinate, like you need other people to believe it. You need to be like, oh, this is the thing they kissed under the night she died, you know, like they need like more history. You can't just like write it and then like write because I think even okay, so manifestation wise, subconsciously, I don't think any of them would believe it because they were too close to it.
Speaker 1: Interesting, they just.
Speaker 3: Wrote the story so in their head they could have the facts like wrong between the six of them, or like they could be all thinking different things, or one could be like, this is stupid, this is stupid, This is stupid, this is stupid. You know, just there for the check.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that they paid all these people because this is a commitment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they all.
Speaker 2: Were, you know, people that agreed, we are not psychics and we will be open minded. And they were like really trying to be on the same page because yeah, I think they were testing out all this stuff because a lot of these urban legendee things like a bigfoot or whatever. Every town has something like that. It is a theory that that's what those things are. It's just people tell these stories over and over again and then before you know it, people actually start seeing it. But it's like how long does it take? How many people does it take? Could you just do it with a group of people in a room?
Speaker 1: Okay? Sure, So they were just trying to test it all out. But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: They did it for a year. Nothing's happening. They're doing it like sitting in a room with the lights on. They decide to turn the lights down again. I'm picturing one of these like younger men in the group being like the freaky deeky one that's.
Speaker 1: Like, we should maybe we should have wine. Should you want some wine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's dim the lights, Like who are these people getting together every single week? Like sitting at a card table. He's like, let's put the lightstone low and they're like, okay, weird.
Speaker 1: So they do it anyway, and they kind of went back.
Speaker 2: To the roots of this sort of a thing, which is like Victorian spiritualism, seances, slaances.
Speaker 1: And if you have a kid, you should name it seance seance.
Speaker 2: So they turned the lights down. I'm assuming they lit candles and stuff. And that is when Philip came out to p oh no.
Speaker 1: So first he would wrap on the tables.
Speaker 2: Like Lynn w Manuel Miranda exactly. My name is Philip and I'm here to say Marco had big titties and I'm here to slay. So he would do one on the table for yes and then two for no. Wow, And they began to start to get to know them more because they're like, Okay, we already know your backstoryes, so like what are your thoughts on? Like they would ask him his opinions on different things. Sure, then he would do one for us and two for no. And they were really like making sure there was nobody kicking the table underneath. I actually found an interview with one of the people that was involved, and he said that the table would start to move and they would do what they called a doily test, where they would put a doily underneath their fingers and like if they were moving it, then the doily would be moving, huh, and it wouldn't, so it would move anyway. And they would ask him to dim the lights and he would and then they'd be like, Okay, put the lights back up, and then he would do it like on command.
Speaker 1: Can you actually move the couch over there? Yes?
Speaker 3: And I think we want to hang this piece of art so exactly.
Speaker 2: So one of the reasons I wanted to talk to you about this is because we are going on this gay cruise and you've just experienced with me that I'm just a little too much of a lady for falling in love with any of these beautiful gay men. Sure that go on this cruise and there's always so many beautiful gay men falling in love with each other, and then I'm there alone. Would you be willing to get together with me and try to conjure up a fill up for me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, like for you to have like a love cruise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you and I will conjure up a ghost, will come up with a backstory, okay, and then this ghost will be my husband for the week.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So you want to do it early in and I can't tell how seriously you are, Like, I will fucking do a say once with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, on a cruise ship.
Speaker 2: I can't even have been I'm too scared because there's no escape.
Speaker 1: But if we unleash something wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, are you how scared are you that we would actually bring something up from the bottom of the ocean that like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's think about it. It's too scary. It could be a horror movie. Or it could be a rom com.
Speaker 3: Yeah I need content my ghost guy or my guy ghost.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, let's get back to Philip. So their final experiment. Oh, by the way, another thing that they would report happening was a missed forming in the center of the table.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, did anyone taste it?
Speaker 2: So their final experiment was in front of fifty people and they filmed it and there are some clips that you can see if you go to YouTube.
Speaker 1: What they did was.
Speaker 2: They were like, okay, everyone, I want you to see what we've been working on for years. At this point, I want to say, damn it. I didn't write this down, but I want to say it was like ten years that they were doing this, like every week.
Speaker 1: It's insane. So they have these.
Speaker 2: Fifty people there and Philip was like, all right, let's do it. I got a crowd like. He performed right on command and lifted up the table a half inch. I mean all legs were off the ground. Do we know or was it just like they claimed that, Yes, all of the legs were off the ground. Okay, I mean a half inch. Okay, I'm gonna let him have it. I'm gonna let him have it. I will always let him man have a half inch if they want it, So they never saw him materialize. That was kind of the goal after all these years. They wanted to see a full body apparition, and that never happened. But the same group was able to do the exact same experiment with a completely different fictional ghost backstory. And there's been a lot of different groups that have done the same kind of a thing and they've had stuff like this happen. And there's actually two movies that were inspired by those horror movies. There's one called The Quiet Ones and The Apparition. Okay, I love talking about this idea because I do think that particularly, like you were saying, like Lent Mansion, these places where there's like tons of tourists coming in and there's all these stories. Then look, sometimes when you look a little deeper into these stories, you'll find people be like yeah, and then there's also like this weird creature that we see and we don't sure, like there's no reason, you know, it's not one of the people that died here, it's just right. And I'm always like, yeah, I think that's that. I think it's all these people going in there being like there's a scary ghost in here, there's a demon in here or whatever, and it like the demons are like, oh, we'll show you demons if you wanna.
Speaker 1: If you wanna accuse us of being here, we'll be here. That's what I think.
Speaker 3: I wonder if it's like, okay, I wonder if they've like created like a dating app for ghosts where we're like telling what we want and then the ghosts are like, oh, that kind of matches my vibe. Like they're looking for like an old colonial woman, like that's me, Like I'm colonial like, and then they try to like see if it's a fit.
Speaker 1: Totally that's my vibe.
Speaker 2: I want like a fun, nice I like nice ghosts.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. I mean I'll take that over angry ghosts any day.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I might be able to hook you up with a ghost if you're interested. I do a little segment on the show where I go to eBay and I find haunted dolls.
Speaker 1: Perfect, it's time for the.
Speaker 2: Dolls are living?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This is a doll I found in eBay. It's not your traditional spooky looking little girl with frizzy hair and a doily dress. Jiha, could you throw up that photo, please, Zach, I'd like you to meet Gordie.
Speaker 1: Is this a queer icon haunted bear?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is? Love ya.
Speaker 2: So this is a bear, a teddy bear. It has a shirt that says love ya, and it's rainbow tied. Die to me, It's not the scariest I've ever seen. It's just a cute little teddy bear. It looks small too.
Speaker 1: I literally have never been less afraid of something.
Speaker 2: Well, there's this eBay account that I am obsessed with. They sell haunted teddy bears, and they all are gay, and they all have backstories that range from cute and fun to some that are very dark.
Speaker 1: I try to.
Speaker 2: Stay away from the dark ones for the sake of this fun show. So this is Gordy and it says, well, actually it starts with something dark. He died in an accident when he was twenty four. Okay, so we got that out of the way. He came out as gay when he was sixteen. His parents were supportive, his friends accepted him. He often supported LGBT rights and participated in rallies, parades, fundraisers, etc. After he graduated high school, he worked as a counselor for LGBT teens. He felt like he was really helping them and that he was doing something important in his life. He also enjoys bowling, fishing, going to the movies, motorcycle, motorcycle. It just says motorcycle, great, dirt bikes, cooking. So he's kind of like a mask gay guy. I think sure he's tat verse. He is a nice, positive guy, and he will make a good companion for anyone. We have felt his strong positive energy throughout our home. We have heard his footsteps roaming up and down our hallways and stares. He flickers our lights, he knocks on doors and windows. Sometimes I smell banana bread baking when I'm not making any and Gordy told me that he loves making banana bread. He has communica verse bottom. Maybe he has communicated so far through making noises, electronics, feelings, feelings, pendulums, spirit boards, and dreams. He is ready to find his new home. I have a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay.
Speaker 2: Well, the one thing I always forget to remind people is the theory with these is that this is a real person that died and somehow is now inside of this teddy bear.
Speaker 1: I unfortunately already understood that part.
Speaker 3: That part I actually had like zero qualms with, Like that makes sense to me. I don't think I love that. Like so one account has like a bunch of these dead gay plushies, like yes, where are they sourcing are they ethically sourcing them even, like or are they going to like gay gravestones and like putting the bear there for a while for it to like suck up any ghost juices and then like bringing it back Like I just like I don't love if they are manufacturing Oh my god, are they pulling a fillip? Are they just making ghosts and being like, yeah, this is your ghost. He likes banana bread and he he can deep throat, you know, Like what is the I want it to be real? I want you know what, if I'm gonna buy a haunted item, I want it to be the only thing the seller.
Speaker 1: Is selling, right right? I agree?
Speaker 3: Like I have this ken doll. It was found at the scene of this crime. I tried to bury it with my my person who died. It came back I needed away from me, Like I don't. I don't need like this fake ass grinder profile of a plushy like mask for mask and it's only like this Teddy Bear's stomach picture or something like I don't need that, you know, I mean, it.
Speaker 2: Could be a Philip thing, but that could be real, Like it could it could really somehow make noises of people walking in a house and banana bread smells.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again they have more than just Gordy right yeah, yeah, So fuck these people I think are businesses. I listen as someone who does believe in these things. It feels sacrilegious to me, okay, like they are taking the steam out of the real side of it for me.
Speaker 1: That's just for me. But maybe I'm being close minded. Yeah, hey, can I play some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I would be honored. It's time for EVP or ev please.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I do is, so I go to the internet. I find electronic voice phenomena, alleged recordings of ghosts speaking. I'm gonna play you too, and I want you to tell me what you hear, and then I'll give you some options. The correct answer is what the ghost hunters believe it is saying.
Speaker 3: These options always sound psychotic. Every time I listen to this your show, the options are always like, oh my god, like I hope the ghost isn't saying any of those things.
Speaker 1: But I love it.
Speaker 2: I do not write these. It's the writers of the show that come up with this. If I'm laughing at it, if it's funny, it was me. But if not, if not, it was the writers of the show.
Speaker 1: No, I love it. I love it hitting. Okay.
Speaker 2: So these are both from the same group, Equinox Paranormal Research in the UK.
Speaker 3: Equinox the most exclusive ghost collecting group.
Speaker 2: So this is Uh, I'm not exactly sure what the place is.
Speaker 1: I believe it's a.
Speaker 2: House and it is an ellend UK And uh.
Speaker 1: What is the first voice here saying.
Speaker 3: You do it again? I want to touch myself where I think about you?
Speaker 2: You know that's not exactly what they believed it said, Okay, hit me you with the options?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Did they think it was a here's a warning, you touchy bitch?
Speaker 1: The word touch though touch? I heard touch? Is it B? I have work, you lazy mess? Is it C?
Speaker 2: I have no worries you touching this?
Speaker 1: Does that mean that was the writers.
Speaker 2: Or is it D I'm the one who took the tits.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: That's one of those answers where I'm like, oh my god, it's such an incriminating statement for a ghost to say.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna say a still, Are you sure.
Speaker 2: You don't think it is I'm the one who took the tits. I don't even know what that means. No, they believe it is. C I have no worries you touching this. I don't even know what that means, but that's what they believe it says, and I can hear it. Wait, wait, let's do it again. I have no worries you touching this.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it's crazy when you hear that with the prompt, I'm like, yeah, it does some only kind of like that.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, here's the next one, same place. It sounds like the same ghost. Yeah, okay, wait a second, let's do it again.
Speaker 1: God, that almost sounded like it was like in tongues. Yeah, it seems like they're talking quick. Do you have any guess? Is this okay? If you don't know something, maybe like ride on the ride, on the hay ride, right on the hay ride. Shut up.
Speaker 3: It's better than some of the writer's answers. Oh, I'm sorry it took my tits. That's what I think it's saying. My tits are gone, Oh my god, I'm ghost tits.
Speaker 1: Well, I need to hear it one more time. Welcome to the sky Ranch, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Ooh, Welcome to the sky Ranch, motherfucker. No, is it a Joe Biden? Is not the one?
Speaker 1: Is it b I'll knock you out? Is it C? What the fuck are you looking at? Or is it D?
Speaker 2: I want some fries at this Arby's?
Speaker 1: Okay? So wait? Is the fourth one?
Speaker 2: Always like a tits slash Arby's slash silly? It's always either tits or Arby's. I'm sorry, that's basically all I care about. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Did one say I'll knock you out? Is that one of the ones? Yes, I'll do that one.
Speaker 2: That is what they believe. But I hear a little bit of stuff before that. I think it says, you want to fight, I'll knock you out. Wait, here we go. Listen to that, But then he says to me after that, then you want to fight, you want to fight, I'll knock you out?
Speaker 1: And this and this Arby's in this tit, Arby's in this Arby Tits in these curly fried tits.
Speaker 2: Okay, last thing, let's just hear some of your thoughts on different things that people consider to be paranormal, or at least part of this conversation.
Speaker 1: Sure, what do you think about horoscopes?
Speaker 3: I am a libra. Same, Yes, everything I've heard about libras resonates with I do fear that horoscopes are kind of designed to resonate with everyone. I don't know if I believe it to the day, though, I will say I had my birth chart read and it was very very very very very very accurate. Yeah, the way the person read it to me. So you know, I'm gonna let horoscopes keep existing.
Speaker 1: But do you put any like emphasis or anything into those or no?
Speaker 3: I go, huh, that's interesting, right, or I go, oh, maybe that was that It's something I look back on, not forward on.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, I feel like the only time I put a lot on them is when I'm really like struggling or something where I'm like should I do this thing or should like That's the same time I go to psychics is when I'm just like, I'm going crazy thinking about this and I need some confirmation to make me better sure about whatever the decision is or whatever is going on in my life, or if I like, auditioned for something, and then I see the horoscope and it's like great things are in your future, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, it knows. I auditioned. I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Today is the day, You're like, I should buy the car. Today is the day exactly.
Speaker 1: What about psychics? Have you been to one? I don't think I have. I don't think I have. Wow.
Speaker 3: Maybe when I was drunk and it was like a venice boardwalk thing, okay, and it was very like, God, I got a psychic, I said, you know, and I don't know what they told me.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was accurate. Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is a ploy that some psychics do, but I'll never forget. I was probably like twenty three and I was standing on the side of the street with my friend. We were waiting across the intersection and this like truck went through the intersection, pulled over, and this woman got out of the car, ran up to me and she gave me her car and she's like, you have one of the brightest lights I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I would love to do a reading with you sometime. And I didn't follow up.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, thanks, that's when you go if it's so bright and something you would love to do so much, you can't do it for free?
Speaker 1: You know it? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well I didn't even ask about money, Honestly, I just took it as a compliment that I was, like, she probably just wants step back me. Oh yeah, sure, Like I was such a dumb twink.
Speaker 1: She's obsessed with me. She's obsessed with me.
Speaker 2: That's when I would pull out my pepper spray. Anytime somebody runs at me, I grab my pepper spray. Okay, what do you think about curses? Do you think that that's like a real thing. You can put a curse on someone or some people are cursed?
Speaker 1: Ooh okay, so yes and no.
Speaker 3: I believe that curses are self appointed via karma. Like I take solace knowing that, like when someone wrongs me, or when someone flat out does something kind of evil, that either they're already experiencing a lesser life or they will get their come upance. I don't think I could decide today to curse you for no reason and the bad stuff would start to happen to you. I don't think of myself as that powerful, but I do think that you can curse yourself or you can like live a cursed life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that works for me. Okay, what about deja vu or like synchronicities?
Speaker 1: Okay, synchronosities? I love.
Speaker 3: Deja vu was once Okay, this is the thing. I've read about four books of my life. I've seen about six point two million tiktoks. I don't know where I got the information I'm about to tell you this.
Speaker 1: From, but.
Speaker 3: I heard that deja vu is simply you have long term memory and short term memory, and when you absorb something, your mind accidentally places it in the long term memory instead of the short term memory, so you immediately call it up as having already happened. You're like, oh I remember this, like this is like from my past. Huh Okay, but again that was either from a well researched science book or a thirteen year old on TikTok that happened to just like fool me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not fun for me. I'd rather think that it's like, oh my god, I'm that's a raven.
Speaker 3: So also, jjvu, I don't love because I don't feel very powerful in that moment. I feel actually kind of helpless where I'm like, oh, this has already happened, do.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, but synchronicities, I have a really great one if we have like one minute.
Speaker 1: Yes, my favorite kinds of stories. Yes.
Speaker 3: So I had a friend in from the UK. They're staying with me, and me and him and my sister and her college friend were going to Sinespia, which is movies in the cemetery that night. But I was busy during the day, so I literally dropped him off at this part because he was gonna like read and like, uh, just like walk around and stuff, while I was like I had an audition or something like that. So I go to the edition blah blah blah, pick him up, and he was like he met this really cute guy there and they exchanged numbers and they were texting. He was like it was really weird, you know, we just like past each other kind of looked back and then like it was really like cute and like, I really I like him. I'm gonna try to see him if I can while I'm here. And then cut too. We go to Sinespia that night and the guy was my sister's friend. Oh so we literally me and him walked up to my sister and her college friend and they were like, hey, it's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Isn't that crazy? So what happened with them?
Speaker 3: It didn't pan out because hashtag gay probably, but uh, I mean he was going back. I think they did, like maybe get like coffee that week, and it just wasn't like a fit fit.
Speaker 1: But like, to me, that's wild. I don't know why. I know, it's like the same city.
Speaker 3: Obviously there's a chance that that could happen because it happened, but like my sister, I live on different parts of town.
Speaker 1: Like, there's like no real reason that is wild.
Speaker 2: Wait, you know what this reminds me of that concerns you kind of remember the man that ended up being my short term husband in Italy.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So basically what happened was I was on a dating app in Naples and I found him and we talked a little bit, and then I was like whatever, because then we left Naples and then we went to Rome and I went on a different dating app and I found him there. He was in Naples visiting his family, and then he lives in Rome.
Speaker 3: I mean that's kind of kismet. If I know what that word means. You know it sounds right you kissed when you met?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, So if you're listening to this.
Speaker 1: Please text me back because we haven't talked in a couple of weeks. I've been left on red wait but you made it till a couple of weeks ago. That's long. Ow. We FaceTime still frequently.
Speaker 2: Well, well not frequently anyway, Zach, thanks for doing this.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thanks for When I got the call, I was I was floored. I was honored. I mean hello, yeah, yeah, so you owe me now, thanks for doing this. You're amazing. And tell people where they can listen to your show. Oh yeah, I have a sex show on Netflix's a joke radio on Serious XM. It's called After Hours with Zach Noe Towers. You can get episodes wherever you find your podcast, like after It's on Serious for a minute. They put it on like Apple and Spotify and stuff. Also, we're doing a live version of the show for the Netflix is a joke festival here in Los Angeles. It's may sewid at Dynasty Typewriter. But if you're listening to this in the year twenty forty seven, come visit my grave and leave a stuff bear there.
Speaker 1: Oh well, thanks for doing this anytime. Love ya, love you. That's what your shirt will say and your stuff bear love you, love ya.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to zach Noe Towers, Oh love them so much, and I love you so Thank you for listening. Please tell your friends about the show, and don't forget to come to my live show, which will be the fifth of March in Los Angeles Largo. Be there tickets linked in my bio on Instagram or Largo dash La dot com.
Speaker 1: I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 2: But if I didn't have you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey by, this has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the Startling Jiha Lee.
Speaker 1: Associate producer is.
Speaker 2: The alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia hard Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.