Speaker 1: First Day follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Jacob is on the phone today for our first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by Ava. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Jacob, how long has it been since you heard from Ava?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, it's been at least a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Okay, have you tried to reach out to her during that time, because it's kind of.
Speaker 5: A while, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tried to play it cool.
Speaker 5: I think I think last pax I sent her, I was like, well, we met at a coffee shop.
Speaker 3: As the last thing I said, Hey, I'll see you, I'll see it. I'll see you back in you know, in our spot. And then she didn't re spawn, So I'm pretty sure she's a ghost.
Speaker 1: Andy.
Speaker 5: I haven't called because I felt like that was a step too far, but I'm running out of options.
Speaker 4: So did y'all actually have a first first date?
Speaker 6: Like, was it at the coffee shop or did y'all just like randomly meet at the coffee shop?
Speaker 5: Yes, So there's actually like this coffee shop kind of just in the neighborhood. It's not too far and I go there all the time. And that's actually the first place where I met her, because I ended up seeing her like three times in one week.
Speaker 3: So this one day we kind.
Speaker 5: Of started doing a little small talk and then we actually were like, well, hey, let's meet here on purpose one, you know, next time. So that was like maybe our first date, but it wasn't really like a full date.
Speaker 3: It was more like a little casual.
Speaker 4: Thing, okay, And then did you guys do something after that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we actually did. We really were enjoying the conversation with each other.
Speaker 5: So I invited her to like come to my house because we both like reality TV shows.
Speaker 3: So I was like, oh, well, I've never seen Love is Blind.
Speaker 5: She hadn't seen it either, so let's like, oh, let's go to my house, have some popcorn and some snacks.
Speaker 3: And we can just binge the whole show together. She was a little, you know, a little hesit.
Speaker 5: On the going to my house thing, so I'm hoping that's not what pushed her away, but it did take a little convincing, but she did actually come over.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say a bold move for her first date to invite some of to your house.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like the confidence how.
Speaker 3: That goes normally.
Speaker 5: So it actually ended up going really well because when she came over, I had all her favorite snacks. I was ready to go, you know, like, I know she loves popcorn, so I had popcorn.
Speaker 3: She likes hershey, so I had Hershey. We just had a bunch of snacks we could sit and watch this.
Speaker 5: Show, and we ended up having a lot of fun, you know, clowning on people route for the people that we really thought were gonna you know, really fine love. And we even drank a little wine too and got to know each other.
Speaker 4: So was there like a connection with the two of you.
Speaker 3: I felt like there was a connection.
Speaker 5: I mean it was the best date I've ever had, hands down, and like, I'm really hoping that we can have more.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what do you think could have gone wrong? Like, why would you be getting ghosted?
Speaker 7: Oh man?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I think we would take a break in between the different episodes, and it was between I think maybe episode two and three. You know, we just kind of took a little time to get to know each other, right, we just kind of talking and whatever, and halfway through that, I just I told her, I was like, this is the best date I've ever been on, and I'm really glad that I didn't have to spend a lot of.
Speaker 3: Money, Like, yeah, see, that was the thing. I was really glad that I didn't have.
Speaker 5: To break the bank for us to have a good time. And then she started to get off digit and kind of wanted to leave. After that next episode, I'm like, I was joking pretty much, but I'm hoping she doesn't think I'm cheap.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, well we'll see. We can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back, and then call her in Stift's house why she's ghosting you, and maybe get you another date. Okay, thanks, Yeah, all right, Plus I'll come back to get your first DAE follow up next right in the middle of your first day follow up if you're just joining us. Jacob is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Ava. It's been a couple of weeks since he heard from her, and we're about to call her and ask her why she's ghosting him and see if we can get him another date. But before we do that, Jacob, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 5: So I met Ava at the coffee shop up the street.
Speaker 3: We both like reality.
Speaker 5: TV, so she came over to my house so we could binge watch Love Is Blind. But I told her I was real happy we had a date that wasn't expensive.
Speaker 3: And now I think she might think I'm cheat.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to think about how that would go. Oh man, this is the best day ever. I'm so glad I didn't spend any money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ye special. Do you feel as the person that's on that date?
Speaker 7: No offense.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to like you might be onto something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be the reason you're getting ghosts. So are you ready for us to call her? I?
Speaker 3: Sure, I am all right.
Speaker 7: Here we go. Hello, Hi, I speak to Ava. Please.
Speaker 1: This is her?
Speaker 7: Hi Ava, how are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jebil Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Ava, I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 7: How are you. Hi?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good.
Speaker 7: You ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay? Cool.
Speaker 2: We do a segment on the show called the First Day follow Up, where if you go out on a date with somebody and you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 7: Do you know who would email us?
Speaker 1: The only person that I've been on a day leasently was this one guy.
Speaker 7: But and what was his name?
Speaker 3: Jacob?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well guess what?
Speaker 2: Guess what was emailed us and told us about your date says that you're ghosting.
Speaker 7: Him, and he has no idea. Why would you mind telling us?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Goodness, Like, I have really.
Speaker 1: Bad luck when it comes to men. You know, our date was kind of cool, it was cute and stuff.
Speaker 3: Uh, I just have really bad luck when it comes to guys.
Speaker 1: So so you know, I started liking him a little bit, and uh we were watching some of the shows and you know, caught feelings a little bit, and you know, I just felt like it's probably easier for me to just stop talking to him.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: Everything was good.
Speaker 3: We were watching uh I think it was.
Speaker 1: Called Love is Blind and yeah, so you know it was nice and cute at first, but you know they go to start talking about what they do and don't liking certain people. Now now I'm looking at Jacob, Like, Okay, what qualities I don't like about him now? But then I like him, but I don't really know where it's going.
Speaker 6: Okay, was there something specific that you didn't like about him?
Speaker 1: There was like a situation to where where he did invite me over to his house. It was the first date which I went out on a limb to do. Everything was cute, everything was you know, fun and stuff like that. It just started playing around a little bit too much, and I think that he just tried too hard.
Speaker 7: So it was a turn off.
Speaker 9: How so, I'm not you know, I like touchy philly and stuff like that, but I don't really like someone to you know, just jump your bone.
Speaker 1: I'm a fifty fifty kiss type of person.
Speaker 4: Did he tried to jump your bone?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I think that, uh, when we were eating popcorn, think he was trying to hide something from me with the bowl.
Speaker 8: Who Well, yeah, it's good for you, like not in that way, but I mean that he.
Speaker 7: Was very happy.
Speaker 4: It's kind of power.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had that power over men.
Speaker 1: But you know, it was my first time over there and we were just supposed to be watching TV, yeah, and stuff like that. So then it's like, oh, you're like that right now, and you're hiding it with the bowl of popcorn that I'm taking my hand in.
Speaker 7: That is weird.
Speaker 4: That's very weird. Okay, Like did he like it?
Speaker 1: I mean I was assumed, so it is now I stood up.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you're trying to get into plotcorn and it's just like, okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to say with that, with that situation, so it's yeah, that's I don't.
Speaker 4: Know either, like do you want like would you have wanted him to tell you?
Speaker 7: Or is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that as a guy, I don't know what I would do either. Just try to hide it.
Speaker 7: Like he did.
Speaker 4: You can't always control it, right, Jubil No.
Speaker 7: Sometimes that's a mind of its own, you know.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: I don't think he hit it really well though.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a pretty big situation that could be that good.
Speaker 7: So that's why you're not calling him back.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being honest. And Jacob is on the phone listening and wants to talk to you. Jacob Jacob, oh.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm so sorry about that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I'm sorry I didn't I was trying so hard.
Speaker 5: I can too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't want to make things weird or awkward. That's why I was trying to like maybe make it not as obvious.
Speaker 3: I probably made it way worse. I just I really really like you and I love having a conversation.
Speaker 1: Tell I was asking you why the popcorn kept falling on the floor, and you were like, I don't know. I didn't know what was going on down there.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Then you didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell me what was going on, so it kind of freaked out a little bit. So it was just like, Okay, is he getting like that because we're watching these ladies on TV?
Speaker 5: Or no, really, it's definitely the beautiful lady I had in my house.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm really sorry, and I hope that's not I hope that won't keep us from being able to go back out. I just really like you.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll I'll do something where we're not sitting down next time.
Speaker 6: Can you give him some advice toable because I understand that this is awkward, but I don't know how Jacob comes back from this clearly, Like it's like it's kind of a compliment to you, Ava, but it's also like what happened I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, tape what?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Abel, would you like to go on another date with Jacob? We'll pay for it and give him another shot. He doesn't sound like he's creepy, and it sounds like he really likes you. Yeah, if he if he's able to double tape it down, I.
Speaker 3: Might be willing to go on a tape with him again. Gosh, well, I'm heading a.
Speaker 7: Staple, all right.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 7: Congratulations Jake, if you got another date.
Speaker 10: Thank you, fun guys, thank you, thank you
Speaker 7: You will first day the follow up