Speaker 1: Thank you for coming back. Part two is underway. Did you know that the judge was so impartial to you as the trial was going on, because it was later came out that seemed like he was very disappointed.
Speaker 2: And did you know he was impartial towards you? Yeah, And I'm gonna tell you what I knew. He was impartial before I even.
Speaker 1: Well, he was partial courwards you because he really wanted you to get to he.
Speaker 2: He dismissed my claims before I even went to court, in some little room somewhere, with a click of a mouse, he dismissed my claim. Damn, without a hearing. I just set up in a pill on four twenty. I dropped the four twenty and we said in the pill, why that date? It just all worked out? I watch this, watch god. I went to court, made to sixteenth, verdict came down. I went to court March to sixteenth. Yes, all right, easy, brother. I went to court March sixteenth, corraigt verdict got read March twentieth. Correct, you got thirty days of filing a pill. Thirty days from March twentieth was April twentieth, correct, April twentieth came They didn't find no appeal, and I dropped mine in the basket bam, and it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: It was the last day thirty days.
Speaker 1: Because there was a juror that came out and said, what was it about what he said that led y'all to to not side with the officers? And she said, well, I thought that was very I thought that was very odd that normally days like oh, is this your decision? Is that go by and ask each is this your decision? Is just your yes? Yes, yes, yes, yes, But to ask why they didn't side with that's odd.
Speaker 3: No, it's not odd. It's not no, it's typical.
Speaker 2: It's typical to side with the police are back the blue. Now listen, I'm not knocking police officers. Yes, now, just the human beings joined the police department. There's good human beings and bad human beings all right.
Speaker 3: Now, what I will say this, the good.
Speaker 2: Human beings in the police department ain't snitching enough on them bad ones. They need to turn it up, all right, because how can you be good when you sitting here allowing bad stuff to go on? Now that's not I'm gonna slip that little slip to all the good police all right now, you know, but the the you know, I think I forgot the original question.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm saying because the judge, because he's supposed to be impartial, but he was partial towards his group, right, they listen, I'm not a human being to them people. They was talking about, do you know what you did to her kids? Do you know what you did to mine? You know what about my kids? You know you came to my house first with your ar fifteens. But I don't exist, I don't matter. We're not talking about me. We're talking about the guy with the guns.
Speaker 3: Kids.
Speaker 1: Your kids would have never knew anything about Afro man. Had y'all not deal what y'all.
Speaker 2: Did, right, so you know, so I was just tripping on how they was just talking over and pass right, Yeah, yeah, forget you.
Speaker 3: Here's your claim.
Speaker 2: We kicked down your door, we stole your money, we disconnect your cameras. Fuck your claims. Let's talk about what you did to these police officers.
Speaker 3: My dad said.
Speaker 2: A man in Corpus Christi, Texas stepped on his foot and turned around and said, hey man, why you put your foot underneath mine. People just know how to start a fight with you. If they could win, they didn't, they'll do it if they If they don't know, they can't even they'll try it. Right, A lot of people get knocked out all the time. They thought they thought they could win, you know what I'm saying. So you know the cats was dead wrong, but had arrogance with it. You know, they to do that. You know, you're one of your favorite lyps. Mama's lemon pound cake. It tastes so nice. It made the sheriff want to put out his gun and cut.
Speaker 1: Him as lighte. So you really can see the deputy cutting us bothered or you made up where you said they took the cake and said, well you came back a cake that you had on the counter.
Speaker 2: Look here, liquhim Lo Lisa cut off the cameras and everything. The cake was gone, the money was gone. We took a fist in that hat man Mama Donna's greatest hits, you know.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: They mentioned Cardi B's wopped, Little Wayne's you know monster because they were taking in a literal sense. It's like ro this is a freedom expression. I mean, nobody assumes that they see something in the movie that they can go out there and do it. This is your freedom of your My biggest amendment.
Speaker 2: My biggest song is crazy rap and I I was trying to outdo too Short when I wrote this song, Okay, too short, hald freaky to I grew up at Meyron too short.
Speaker 3: I was a little boy. I heard freaky tail.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, he had all them women, so I had to outdo too short. So too short sounded like he humped all the girls in Oakland. So I had to out do too short. So I had to hump all the girls in the world. Right, So I had to go to Japan, and you know, it.
Speaker 3: Was all over.
Speaker 2: So somebody walked into me and they said, hey, if from Man, it's crazy rap, true? And I said, I never had Dolly parton man. I was lying, right, and so, but it's entertainment. It's a song, yes, and people know you're lying and they notice it. I don't know, right, you know a superman. I knew when a rapper was entertaining me.
Speaker 1: Yes, but what made you start making music videos with the security footage that it did pick up before they disconnected it.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get my money from them. I wanted to get my money from the experience they brought to my life. Okay, I didn't want because I got hired to pay for their damage.
Speaker 3: That was taking money from me to me.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to make an album about them, and then I wanted to monitor that album to make sure all the damages was paid for and possibly, hey what if you know, best case scenario, them vandalizing my house was some kind of financial investment. They you know, you know they got all these budgets all the time. Yes, you know, they cost me twenty eight thousand dollars. But then the ideas and songs I got from their are twenty eight thousand dollars worth of vandalism inspired and helped me make a million dollars two million. Do who knows how many records this thing might sell right in my lifetime, so I can look back over and say, hey, that twenty five thousand, that twenty eight thousand inspired me to make this million over here, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I was trying to look at it through that lens.
Speaker 1: I read they broke down your front door, the gate, the security surveilor system where I refused to pay for damages, said it cost you a twenty eight twenty thousand dollars to repair. The cops took five thousand from your home. They returned forty six hundred. You do four hundred dollars. You let him walk with that four hundred.
Speaker 3: Okay, no.
Speaker 2: Dollar, no, no, let me steal four hundred dollars. I'm going to jail, handcuffs cocked to the side of the back of the squad car and everything. Now, a man representing the law can break it. No, no, he's no standard. Yeah, okay, I don't care if it was twenty five cents. In the words of the Great Big Worm, it's principalities in this. He's a cop. You can't represent the law and then break it. Right, So just that principle, they're gonna have to fess up for my four hundred dollars. You can't be a cop and a criminal at the same time. I don't want that. That don't need to be walking around with one hundred percent immunity. Back up with multiple precincts. The Army is backing up the police, the Marines is backing up the police. There's a pyramid of power going to the back of a police officer's back. A criminal can't have that because he's not gonna do right. He's gonna do somebody right. He's gonna pull over your son, gonna pull over your daughter with all that authority and all that power.
Speaker 3: And he's a crooked. So if I see it, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta get rid of him. That got to he gotta be a better magician than that. If I see it, I ain't gonna let him go. That man is a thief and he's a police officer. No, give me my four hundred dollars back.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 1: So I'm assuming I'm assume a lot of your family because you got to call that they were there and your kids there, and you said they had the guns growing on them. So how are your kids better today? Do they understand what transpired?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know I talked to him, and how would already you don't ask? Well right now if I can keep up a time, Jesus Christ. Uh, they're supposed to be sixteen and thirteen right now. They was like I think they was like maybe like ten and twelve or something like that in thirteen back when the police raided.
Speaker 1: Okay, since this has happened, how you treated in your hometown, how you treated with this transpired?
Speaker 2: Overwhelming love joy and gratitude like, uh, you know, I don't want to say that. He word just like some something. It's like some kind of parade, right, it's a it's a I've been popular in high school. I've been you know, I've been. I've done good concerts and people have cheered me on.
Speaker 3: This is big, this is different.
Speaker 1: Have you had any further interaction with the police.
Speaker 3: No, And you like that. Randy Walters after the trial, he came up to.
Speaker 2: Me and he was, you know, he was humble and kind of apologetic in a way, and uh, you know, I told him that I didn't want to I didn't want to fight him.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to shoot it out if we saw each other in Walmart. Uh, this, that and the other. And you know, he was telling me how he was a Christian, he loved God and all that and that was fine.
Speaker 2: And I told him, you know, I ain't gonna hate him and I ain't gonna go to hell, and you know, I don't want him to get jumped on.
Speaker 3: I don't want him to get hurt.
Speaker 2: But I told him I'm singing this song forever. And I was like, I'm not mad at you. You this is this you know I was gonna Life brought me because I got high. Life bring me a song, and I'm gonna sing that song. You know, it pays my bills. It helps me get through through life. So I told him, you know, no hostility, you know, but you know you are suing me for a million and a half dollars with your nice ass. You know what I'm saying. You did flip off my security. Can you know with your Christian self, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, and I'm not gonna hate you for that.
Speaker 2: I forgive you for that, just like you're gonna have to forgive me for singing this song for the rest of my life. And and I told God, I said, God, I think this is a good compromise. I told God. I said, I don't want these people dead. I don't want them hurt. I said, but I do want to sing and I want to make money. And I think that is a peaceful compromise, all things considered.
Speaker 1: How different do you think this case would have been had it not been recorded.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have a leg to stand though. I'd just be some dude hollering, getting on people's nerves. But what I like about this is I'm showing it to you while I'm saying it. Will you help me repair my gait as it's being destroyed? Will you help me repair my door as it's being kicked down?
Speaker 3: Did you find what you ten for? As we can see you didn't, bill you help me repair?
Speaker 2: So this footage helped me verify what I was saying, and the verification spread the outrage.
Speaker 1: You know throughout the world. You ran for president in twenty twenty four. You playing on running in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: If everybody want me to.
Speaker 1: What about running?
Speaker 3: Have you just what?
Speaker 1: Have you thought about running for a local uh say, like a city council or the mayor or something. Have you thought about running back for something in your hometown?
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to run for whoever can fire and check the police. I might have to be the sheriff, the mayor. Yeah, I'm gonna be somebody. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to be the bear for that. Okay, I might have to be the mayor.
Speaker 1: So if you were the president, give me a give me. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, eight year running for president and I need your plan. I need you to give me. Give me five or six points that you say, you know what, if you elect afro Man as your president, I solemnly swear to do X Y Z one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put a jury in family court because I see what a crooked judge and some attorneys can do to a person.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I would like for citizens of America to be able to get jobs monitoring each police officer's video camp. Yes, I would like for America to make its own products to the point where it employs us right as much as possible. I wouldn't have any wars. If nobody is not flying over America directly bombing us or doing something this, that and the other, I wouldn't have no wars going on in I'd make sure America is self sufficient to the point where we wouldn't need it anything from the world to the point where we had to go to war with another country or something like that.
Speaker 3: I just make sure you know there was no wars going on.
Speaker 1: Well, you do realize, you know, America found that it was cheaper to import all the stuff. That's why all these factors, a lot of the factories that they used to have in Detroit and Ohio they got shipped overseas. Because it was it became cost prohibitive cheaper.
Speaker 2: But it's costing America and another whole difference. It cost them jobs for sure, it's costing mental health, it's costing existence, it's caused in finances. You know, it's bad for the good of the country. We're rottening from the inside out. So I would stop that, okay, and I have that made in the USA thing back on every product.
Speaker 3: And then if you didn't go to work, that would just be your fault the job.
Speaker 1: Because the jobs are available. Yes, you had your eight priority points. In twenty twenty four, decriminalized cannabis, the Criminal Justice Reform, law enforcement reform, a media halt to all foreign aid, reparations for African Americans, promotion of unity, peace and love, promotion of celebratory displays in professional sports, legalization of prostitution. You said, mechanical plants are criminalized while pharmaceutical companies enrich themselves on chemicals with unknown side effects. No more foreign aid, huh.
Speaker 2: I mean if I see if America is hurting, then no, you know how I'm gonna give you something when I needed at home met So that's the cold you know, truthful power bottom.
Speaker 1: Line you got reparations for African Americans. Do you believe that Americans will ever get reparations? Well, I'm ready, I got a plan A, and I got a plan B. Okay, give me a all right plan A.
Speaker 2: Present day America says we don't want to pay for the sins of our forefathers. At the same time, the sins of the forefathers have an effect on today today. My logical compromises this. Afro Americans, descendants of American slaves, pay no fate, pay no state or federal taxes that don't cost nobody.
Speaker 3: You don't got to. That can just start right away, That can start right away. You ain't got to.
Speaker 1: So how long? So forever over, for the next five years, for the next ten years, next twenty years, if you're you're the lineage.
Speaker 2: Of forever slash four hundred, or however long slavery was in existence, I say forever, okay, just because I'm af.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, just leave me like what we know the.
Speaker 1: Earnest documentation to sixteen nineteen and Jamestown, and this said officially in the way eighteen sixty five. Suppose that you know what eighteen sixty five, because the massurplacing proclamation. So so what about two hundred years? And then you had Jim, you had reconstruction, you had Jim Crow. So let's just say for how about let's let's be to differ. Let's be caring for two hundred years. For the next two hundred years, African American doesn't have to play state or federal taxes.
Speaker 2: Shannon be cool man forever man. Dude, that's not my plan. Can we step outside, like Greg?
Speaker 1: We got to can we gotta get we gotta get compromand fro compromised.
Speaker 2: Okay, look at that's okay. Plan you said Plan A. Okay, we ain't talking about planning. Okay, what's playing B?
Speaker 3: All right, man? Plan B?
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a plan. Plan B is let's say they don't they don't pay the descendants and slaves for the atrocities that happen.
Speaker 3: Okay. Plan B is this anti in word.
Speaker 2: Afro Americans like myself go somewhere and try to buy the largest pieces of property possible.
Speaker 3: Some fun be set up where our acts.
Speaker 2: The non black American that understands, if they want to, they can contribute whatever God puts on their heart to help us. You know, establish ourselves and and get out of everybody's way. That's Plan B. That ain't gonna hurt nobody. We're gonna I'm gonna do the best I can, and I ain't mad if you got a little donation, I can't lie. Kind of like plan A little better, amen, he Now, Plan B is realistic than a mug but hey, plan Plan A is is it's it's realistic, it's logical. You know, it's better than me saying hey, because you know they ain't gonna be able to afford what they really owe.
Speaker 3: Right, Afro Americans for slaves.
Speaker 1: And it's easier if you don't see it coming out of your pockets.
Speaker 2: Right, I say okay, they say, hey, we didn't make no slaves, and say, okay, fine, Hey, look just cut the state in federal.
Speaker 3: Taxes for Afro Americans, you know, just Afro.
Speaker 2: Americans, not people thinking like they Afro Americans and hating Afro Americans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said legalized prostitution. Why should prostitution be legal? How did that help?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I didn't think I was going to make it to the presidency. So that was one of my lines that kind of entertained the crowd.
Speaker 3: It was like a funny.
Speaker 2: Everything like Vegels Hunt. You know what I'm saying now, you know, like I really you know that was a joke. That was a joke I told now out. You know, depending on the people. If the people tell me they want that, you know, I'll make sure the proper medical places are in place.
Speaker 3: And this, that and the other.
Speaker 2: If the people don't want that, then the people don't want that. You know, we the people, for the people.
Speaker 1: You can be a president. You're gonna be a president for the people. Yes, you do realize a lot of people say that until they get into the office, and it's.
Speaker 3: For the for the health care for I'm really for the people.
Speaker 2: I want to see the best thing happen for every for everybody, especially every American.
Speaker 3: I love America. This is home. I don't plan on leaving, so I want to make the best of it. So I want.
Speaker 2: I want another American to have the best. So we can, you know, live the best American life we possibly can't. Is it true you try to be a pimp at one point in time. I try to get women to bring me money. They don't do it. Every guy should try to get a woman to bring him some money. Watch how hard it is. Try to jump up in the air and stay there too, that's real hard.
Speaker 3: I like. I like when I as I, as I shop through life. I take what I like. I have seen some nice dressers.
Speaker 2: And you know that word that that definition has been you know, it's been morphed over time, and ain't you know the old school. I'm gonna get some grill, beat her up and make her have sex with guys and bring me money. No, I like, you know, I like looking good. I like, you know, jewelry and driving a nice car. You know what I'm saying. If I look at a bum and a pimp, I want to dress like the pimp. You know, I don't want to, you know, not none of the bad negative characteristics that go with that. They got shows that say pimp my ride. So they not talking about they they talking about making a bad car look good. Right, So I like pimp in that sense, like or I like a good business. A good pimp to me like a good businessman. You know, he's not a loser. He's he's making a profit. He's progressing. We'll say stuff like put it in my pocket and a player in motion for progress. You know what I'm saying, but not not beating on women and whatever. The typical definition was back in the day. You've been married before, would you get married again? I'm'a say no, why because when you get married you have to do your duties forever. But she can stop being a wife as soon as you get married. As soon as you get married, she can say, go in there and cook your dinner. You goddamn self, get punk ass motherfuckers, and I will. She would divorce me and get me all this shit. So you got to keep on being a husband. But she can stop being a wife. And then it's to her advantage to be like this if she don't have the right mentality.
Speaker 3: You know, they have divorce parties.
Speaker 2: Now they celebrate getting with a guy and breaking up with him and breaking him.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah. The marriage is a low key hustle.
Speaker 1: You imagine, it's not what he used to be.
Speaker 2: I mean, like and then it's like this man, you know, like you know, like if two people like each other, yes they'll be with each other.
Speaker 3: Correct, We don't need paperwork, and strange.
Speaker 1: People ain't staying together because of paper They staying together because they love each other and they committed each other and they want to work and they understand that it takes work.
Speaker 2: I wanted to come to this show today. Yes, you know so, so I can't a girl want to be with you, she'll be with you, right. If she don't want to be with you, you'll hear that Voicemai you're looking to side that bed. She ain't with you, right, see where she want to be? So you can marry that paperwork, right, But that spirit, a woman is a spirit. You can't own a spirit.
Speaker 3: She moving around you married, what you married and single at the same time.
Speaker 2: So she gotta want to be with you, and you don't need paperwork, strangers and all that. Either she want to be with you or she don't. And if she with you, she being nice, she doing good, fine, fine fun. If she start tripping, she quit, But you gotta keep going. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yes, so let's be nice to each other.
Speaker 3: You know, are we done? You know? Well?
Speaker 1: I think you gotta you gotta work. I mean, I think the thing is sometimes people think I've never been married. But I think sometimes people looking at it from afar and talking to people that's been married and been divorced, is that what they think like the marriage at the end all be all Okay, it's it now, But you gotta keep working. You don't get a job and then get to quit. That's what I'm saying, Like you gotta want.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, like.
Speaker 2: I gotta want to be with a girl like I get with a girl. I say, hey, I'm not gonna play too short while this girl is in the car. Right, she shouldn't play Beyonce while I'm in the car. Don't play something that's gonna bring you know, like you're in the car. I'm gonna go make a playlist, right, I'm gonna go, and it's not just slow songs. I got sunshine. I'm gonna play something that's gonna nurture. I relate, I'm gonna keep doing. I'm gonna get another look. When I'm with you, I gotta play love songs. Just I'm nurturing you. I'm gonna wake up every day and I'm gonna water this flower.
Speaker 1: You playing Bill Withers's Lovely Day.
Speaker 2: Hunh yes, yes, y'all listen to them words just because it's slow, don't make it a love song. You gotta listen to They might be complaining and fussing. No you don't need to be hearing that. You need to be hearing your activity, yes, sir, so yeah, so you know there it is. I say, two people want to be together, they'll be together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And some people want to be together for six months. Some people want to be together for sixty years. Some people they really like to be and they together.
Speaker 1: You know, when you see these couples and they've been together so long, one dying, then a couple of weeks later the other one, they just I can't live without him. I've been with this person so long. I can't live without that person. Right on.
Speaker 3: Well god, you know, yeah, man, you know this, that and the other.
Speaker 1: Growing up in California, what is What would you say was the biggest difference between you growt up in LA and you growing up and spending some time and Haddisburg, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: It's all the same but just different. But then all the saying a way, not not too much. But in Mississippi, Alabama, it was okay to be. It was okay not to have a new stuff every day. Yeah, anybody had stuff in the country. Yeah, it was okay to be from another part of the ghetto. L A was was complicated. I never seen people powered up on top of each other like that. It's more space down south, even the houses more.
Speaker 3: Part people that big. You know, yeah, you're to each other man, La, everything's called compride.
Speaker 2: You can't hardly park your car's everybody fighting over every little inch.
Speaker 1: So, you know, just saying that you throw your disch water out, you throw it in somebody else's yard.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so but La had great weather. In my opinion, the l A people, you know, they.
Speaker 2: They spoke probably better standard English, you know whatever. You know, we had Southern accents or whatever, back and forth. But I like the low riders. I never seen rich black people till I got to l A. I've seen dudes with rings on chains and.
Speaker 3: It was it was a trip.
Speaker 2: I ain't never seen it. Brothers with perms longer than women strolling down the street. Yeah, Jerry curls and hopping low riders and uh it was fascinating at the same time, you know, like, uh, you know, I ain't never seen I ain't never seen.
Speaker 3: Uh. I mean, it wasn't it wasn't the whole city.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know, you see, I ain't never seen gang bangers or kind of mean black people.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, you played football? Were you good at football?
Speaker 3: You know I'm gonna say yeah. I ain't gonna say no. You know I should talking to Shannon's sharp. But I was a good you play. I played tighty end, comebow man. I'm not lying. I'm not lying. I played. Uh.
Speaker 2: I was number eighty three. Uh I played. I played JV. I dropped out the eleven. So I played like JV and I was tight end. I got two touchdowns probably that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: No foot but no basketball, no baseball.
Speaker 2: I played basketball. I got one dunk I got You could dump back in the day, not now. I used to could do a double pump backwards dunk. I am not lying. I am not lying. I got I got some high school homies that are verify it from me.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah. So when you moved when you moved to LA from Mississippi, what was the nickname the kids call you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Because you probably got there around the time that movie came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I hit out so like we was in the sixth grade and all the boys in sixth grade was naming Nate Dick. You know what I'm saying. So like uh, the teacher will walk out the room. So this one kid had go over there to the napkins. He got a whole bunch of them brown paper towel and he stuffed him in his pants. He turned around to the class and he was.
Speaker 1: Like big Charlie.
Speaker 3: The class died laughing.
Speaker 2: So another boy go load his pants something here, big d So Big Joseph sounding kind of goofy, you know, like a biblical character, you know.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm sitting around.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting in this library to the side of me, so I see Joby, I see I see Moby Dick the whale story. So I thought I flip mine the joby Dick, you know. So I stuffed all them papers in mind.
Speaker 1: I was like, Joby Dick.
Speaker 3: There she blows so like.
Speaker 2: So that was we was all calling ourselves big Charlie, you know. You know, I was calling myself joby Dick. But I but I walk home to a girl and just tell her my name was Big Jobi, just Joey, you know. So I've been chilling with all the boys, huffing and puppet talking. Then my folk girls walked back to be like hi, Joby, and then I grabbed it like, yeah, y'all know what's up? So, yeah, that was that was my That was my little corny nickname, you know, coming up being being from Mississippi and going to l A.
Speaker 1: That had to be. Was that a culture shock for you because I think did they call you coot to kint?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was you know, I'm Mississippi. Yeah, a little smart ass little crack babies.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I was well fed.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was smacking them around. I was too big for my grade and ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They put them LA kids in school earlier. Do you know the Mississippi So you know, they had all kinds of names for me.
Speaker 1: So what time did y'all when you were in Mississippi? You work? You you hung chickens because you said the chickens is a big commodity in Mississippi. Yes, sir, so, so you worked, you worked on the like I guess in an Arkansas it's called Tyson's or I worked at the chicken.
Speaker 3: Plank of Portry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a chicken they had, they got they had all kind of chicken plants in Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Sandu's forearm. Uh, what's mine? Marshall Derby?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so so what was you?
Speaker 1: What was you at the plant? Were you a d boner? Where you you know?
Speaker 3: You you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And they sent them through now hot ass water to get a lot, to get a lot of the feathers off there, you have to do a whole lot.
Speaker 2: They moved me around wherever they needed can be for that night, you know what I'm saying. Uh, But sometimes I had to. You know, sometimes we take the you know, they put them through the plucker, yeah and then or whatever. Then we they come out, we put them on the little rap. It's been twenty six years. I kind of remember, but it's been a minute.
Speaker 1: You started in Mississippi. So you go to California? Did you have like and you grew grew up in California? Is that where the love? And like you're like, you know what, this is what I'm really gonna do. I'm I'm gonna do this rap thing now because at that point in time, now a now we got NWA and we got all the Okay, so watch this.
Speaker 2: In Mississippi, them old black people down there made it a point not to play rap music. Better turned that message. I'm to get them little switches with them leaves at the tip. They didn't play. But I got to LA Rap Music had a whole radio station. Like I didn't have to sneak it. I could just go in my room and just put on KD. And I was in the whole rap game, you know what I mean, Like, you know world premiere stuff back then, Greg Macmacattack, Julio g you know all that good junk.
Speaker 1: You sold your CD. A lot of people go to the LA Swap meet to sell CD, sell Long's clothing, beats, whatever the case may be. If that was your first introduction of becoming a hustler and understanding that you know to do to get my music seen and heard, I'm gonna have to just roll up my sleeves and got to do it myself. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was ready to. I called myself. I was like a quarterback, ready for the fleet flick.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, I'm a running myself and then if the right companies step up, boom my mom passing it, I'm going in for the Touchdokay. So I was hustling like that and I started selling mind like I made a rap song in the sixth grade. But I made cassettes about my teacher in the eighth grade, right, so I started selling them in school, and like I was selling my tapes in school.
Speaker 3: I was like a little school.
Speaker 1: And see, like, so you're in eighth grade. So that's when the dissing of the teacher, the Harry carry all that took place around that time.
Speaker 2: Huh Yeah, Harry Carrey was first in the sixth grade, and then later on in seventh grade. I was just moving around. He couldn't really get established. But in the eighth grade I had something to write about, you know, when I had the teacher and everything, and I made a.
Speaker 3: Tape in the eighth grade. I learned how to make a tape in the eighth grade.
Speaker 1: You know, now, since you've been dis in folks for the longest, you understand about the disc the disc song? What is the greatest disc track ever? Give me your top give me your top five disk tracks ever?
Speaker 3: Number one. I'm gonna say no, Vassaline, okay, Q. There's something I like about the Bridge is over.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Cares Well. It's like he rudely took over hip hop.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like he was wrong and nobody could stop it right, the bridge is over, the bridges over, and he was just like like I didn't even listen to mc shan that much, but I was already on Carriers One side, like I didn't even know. I play a little bit of emsy shand and I respected him and I wanted to buy his tape. But I play a little bit, but like compared to Carriers one, just talking like bad man. I just you know, I had to catch shan later. And all due respect to mc shann because I do like a lot of his songs, you know what I'm saying, but that I just thought, like KR is one. You know, he was doing that Jamaican stuff and it was old school. I can't put it over No Vaciline because like No Vaciline. I'm from the West and I could just I was just in that whole drama. I was just loving ice Cube. It's like he was getting ganged up on by five people. Everybody had a burse Damn.
Speaker 1: What about hit him up? Tupac ether nas.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna go with uh, let's see. I like real Compton City gs. You know, you know you do distract all kind of distracts.
Speaker 3: You know, Damn. I like Dre Day, okay, but.
Speaker 2: They had easy doing the Running Man. But I do like Compton City G's and uh oh, damn, I almost forgot. I might have to move this up to round number three. Uh and I love I love m C eight, I love m C eight, I love m C But DJ Quick like that damn whatever that was that? Damn I'm gonna shake it to the right and shake it to the left hand. Damn what oh that makes me mad?
Speaker 1: Come on, help me.
Speaker 3: It was the DJ Quick m C eight dish.
Speaker 2: I forget what he called it, something about, uh, don't make dollars that don't make sense, dollars out.
Speaker 3: Ice cube first.
Speaker 2: And then then maybe DJ I have to have to play scrambler, but play with them, them and some of the greatest dishes in my opinion. Plus I'm I'm sipping on this so I ain't got them in order.
Speaker 1: But why you you got a song called whack Rappers? You believe that like rapper Dot Good and the guy that you got on his lipt, they're pretty good man.
Speaker 2: I wrote that a long time ago when I was giving my hip hop music opinion. Like I entered hip hop as a fan I seen, and to me, rap music was a verbal king of the hill. I've seen rappers not even exist until they dissed people. Nobody knew who Carris One was until he dissed mc shan. Nobody knew who Snoop Dogg was until he just came in the door easy. He could eat a big fat to damn homie, who is you?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I was under the impression of this is how you you know, and you know, like after hit him up, you know, cats started meeting up and fighting and shooting, and it got to the point where you could die for just trying to check another rapper to a sport. So in my younger day, you know, I got you know, I felt some kind of I either didn't like the hip hop at the time, or I got a condescending transaction with him at his show somewhere to the point where.
Speaker 1: Drake is suing his label where are you? Where are you on? With uh? With artists, and then sometimes you know, they're trying to get there, they're trying to get their their their masters back, or they're saying misrepresentation, you stole something. A lot of people are surprised that Drake is suing the label, considering that that was the big engine and Drake is probably the biggest. I don't think it's probably he's the biggest rapper in the world right now. It has been for at least a decade. Are you surprised that he's taking this step to get his masters? No, he don't. I think he has his master, but he's suing Universal.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know the ins and out of his business deal, so I can't. I can't speak on the ins and outs of his business deal.
Speaker 1: You were signed a Universal, right, Yes, sir, you had a six album six album deal. Do you like being independent or do you like being signed to a label? I like being independent? What is it about independence? I can put out a record when I get ready. They got you on the timeline, huh. If that, they might not put you out. They might not like what you're doing. And there you just signed to him. You know, you just you know, they might go on they're messing with other people. You're just a piece of paper in a foul cabinet. Do you make more? But you have to do more work if you're independent? Correct?
Speaker 3: Now, Look here, there's deals every day.
Speaker 1: You gotta.
Speaker 3: Choose.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know nobody. I don't regret signing with you Universal. Okay, they had more money than what I was making on the street. I was a thousand there, but they had some millions. So it was time to stop playing, brush off my knees and stand up like okay, okay, all right. Now everybody has exports. America has General motors. You know Sony, somebody sells Sony TVs and whatever. Everybody has exports. Well, my export is rap music. Yes, so I'm selling it to the highest bidder. I'm looking for the best. I'm looking for the best deal I can get. And then it's like this, there's a good deal for today. That's not a good deal for tomorrow. You know what I'm saying. So I'm waking up today. Give us this day our daily bread.
Speaker 3: You know. So in that day and time, it was a good deal. It was a good move.
Speaker 2: Right right after I made that move, and I did what I did, and all the positive moves were made, there was nothing else to be done. All the positivity was done. There was nothing else it was. It was on a decline from there, so it was time to move on. So there's a time to I mean, if everything's good, then it's good. But you know, after it's all said and done and they threw with you and it ain't no more money, it ain't no more records, then I'm better off being independent now.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I was better on a label then, but I'm better off independent right now now, Tomorrow, this evening, after this show, somebody might come into affirm.
Speaker 3: Man, we got eight million dollars be to signed this two year deal.
Speaker 2: Now it's better to make this move right now because I'm not pulling this independently. You see what I'm saying. So, yeah, you gotta wake up every day and make a make afi Yeah, brother.
Speaker 1: Right, is there someone that you haven't worked with that you'd like to work with?
Speaker 3: Man? Man, these days, I'm a player.
Speaker 2: I want to work with everybody that's reasonable that I ain't talking about, you know, killing babies and you know, and drinking blood from the devil's neck, you know, all kind of crazy stuff I'm looking for. As matter of fact, I like doing I do songs with regular fans. Sometimes I say, hey, Man, today's five hundred dollars Friday, send me five hundred dollars in a beat, you know, And because what I realize is it's more about passion than talent. I used to think it was about talent and not all that other stuff. But you can have talent and people just don't like you cause you know, but then you can have passion. Everybody biz Marquis, Yes, I can't sing word dog first and last rap tape my mama ever bought. I grew up in a gospel home, no secular music. Yeah, mom broke the rule one time and she bought Bis Marquie and he can't sing, but she felt his passion.
Speaker 3: She said, I love his song. He kept me up. One night.
Speaker 2: I was falling asleep at work. She said this song came and she said, I laughed myself back woke. She said, I made my ship. So you tour with Snoop Dogg. What's it like touring with Snoop? But you know, man, nothing but a g thing. Uh, you know, he's an icon, so it's a it's a dream. You know, I got a picture I met him as a fan, so you know, it's it's what they call it three a full circle to share the same stage when it come out and warm up the crowd.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. So that's a you know, that's a that's a browning points for me.
Speaker 1: You you out smoked Snoop.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna tell you yeah, because we all team. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You can't ask me in front of the world, Craig in front of the world. Yeah, I'll smoke Snoop dog. You know I said Snoop can't hang with the Afro money making, marijuana smoking m a ed.
Speaker 1: I saw you dance with What are your shows, Audiencly? What the dance move you're doing that at the show?
Speaker 2: One is the old school nineteen eighty seven crip walk, and then the other one is the running Man. Then I got the reverse running Man, and then you know, I got to pull some of my old I'm so old old dances is new right. So if you hit them in front of the young people, they ain't they ain't see that. But they was born twenty you know, you could be they could be twenty six years old, born in two thousand. So I hit that in nineteen ninety one, eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Funck him up. Oh he went backwards with it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for stalk about. Is there anything you want to promote you got an album coming out, You got a book coming.
Speaker 2: Out with Yes, Yes, My new album's out right now. It's called Freedom of Speech. Y'all check it out. Go to og Afroman on YouTube, og Afroman on Instagram and stay down with Afromn like both lat Tires and two Spain in the twos, the hunger, hustling American.
Speaker 1: Dream, champion of free speech afro Man appreciate it. Yes, sir old N, Thank you again, Barbershop, Cooks and contail for having us today. If you're ever in Las Vegas, make sure you find your way out and grab a cut behind an actual working barbershop for cocktails, live music, and a night you won't forget me all.
Speaker 2: My life and grinding all my life sacrifice hustle bag the price.
Speaker 3: Wanta slice?
Speaker 1: Got to brow the dice to swap all my life? I'll be grinding all my life, all.
Speaker 2: My life and grinding all my life sacrifice, hustle bag the price. Want a slice?
Speaker 3: Got to brow the dice to.
Speaker 2: Swap all my life.
Speaker 1: I've been grinding all my life.