Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and now he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yetty, New York finally getting back to normal traffic wise. The UN General Assembly is over. And by the way, what a successful General Assembly it was. The world just exploding with peace right now.
Speaker 1: Just great session, guys. Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Difficult to find anybody of any intellectual heft defending the UN these days, so fine work it does.
Speaker 1: Ian Bremmer tweeted out over the weekend, it's the most important meeting that happens in the world every year. And I think he was one hundred percent sincere, I wonder about that boy. Sometimes this is breaking news. Financial Times reporting Iran preparing to launch missile against Israel, says US official. There's a lot there, says US official. So that means we know it somehow. How do we know when Israel Iran's planning to launch a missile? Did Israel tell us? Do we know it? Did we tell Israel? And why are we telling the world? Obviously is the thing because we could have kept it to ourselves. So is that letting Iran know, Hey, we know what you're about to do, so we're ready for it. Yeah, there's all kinds of things going on there. The Wall Street Journal has today the US is positioning military forces in the Middle East to deter an Iranian attack. And this was written before the headline that just came out that Iran is planning to shoot a missile at Israel. The Biden administration is moving military forces to deter an Iranian response, worried that Iran is going to launch something significant like they did many months back that was thwarted by the Iron Dome in the United States and some of the Arab countries and a whole bunch of different people that joined in to stop that drone attack from happening. The other interesting thing in the headlines today is that commandos went in again overnight, So there's a ground offensive with tanks and troops and everything like that from Israel into Lebanon. Commandos went in overnight and apparently they've been doing that for weeks. Just nobody knew it and it wasn't reported, but they'd been doing that every night for weeks now, going at night and grab it has blar. Grabbing intelligence are all those different sorts of things.
Speaker 3: And according to earlier reports, the Israeli ground forces and are not encountering any resistance at all.
Speaker 1: What's your take on Iran firing a missile at Israel.
Speaker 3: I think they felt like they had to do something to maintain face in the Arab world, the Muslim world. I think it's a useless gesture. They are incredibly vulnerable. Their pit bulls in the region have all been defanged, I mean to an extent nobody thought was even possible, and therefore they can no longer say to Israel, yeah, you go hard at us, will unleasha attack dogs. And so now Iran is feeling quite vulnerable. So I have a feeling they're calculating very very carefully what to do. So I suspect this will be a fairly measured deal that's dealt with pretty easily.
Speaker 1: You Know.
Speaker 3: What I was reminded of, and it's troubling, is the number of Obamaists who are in the Bible administration who staked their professional reputations on the idea of during the Obama years and now the Biden years, pivoting toward Iran and and coming up with a diplomatic solution for the whole Iranian nuke thing and bringing them back in the Family of Nations and settling everything through very and this is going to be prejudicial, very intellectual, long term negotiations, and that Biden is captured by that team. And that's one of the reasons he's been working so hard to restrain Israel, even when it's an idiotic thing to do and victories within their grasp, is that he just he is still clinging to the idea of some some sort of lasting daytunt with Iran. I hope you're right that this is more or less a gesture from Iran. I still don't know if that last big drone attack was a just Some people think it was just it was planned to fail, it was just a show that we're trying. Others believe it was a full on assault attack, empt to bomb the hell out of Tehran and it just didn't work.
Speaker 1: I don't know which is Tel Aviv yeah or Tel Aviv yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, well we'll see, and god forbid, if this ballistic missile were to do serious damage on the Israeli capital or whatever else, who knows, Israel might think, all right, we got you on your back foot. Here's another one for you, Kerk bluie right now. Where that Kerk blue falls, I don't know well.
Speaker 1: And they've still got the problem of Iran is screaming toward a nuclear weapon and almost certainly going to get it unless somebody does something about it, and Israel might think that here's our shot. There's never going to be a better time. Hesbel has wiped out, Hamas has wiped out. We got all these US ships behind us and now fifty thousand US personnels, so Iran can't really come after us. Let's do it now. I don't know why you wouldn't if you're ever going to stop them.
Speaker 3: Well, knowing these Israelis, they've probably got C four in the waistband of the Ayatola's underpants right for a chance to write, to press the button, or who knows some sort of cyber capability that's gonna cripple the Republican guard or who knows it might not be a so called kinnectic attack, although I guess the whole pager thing was pretty kinetic.
Speaker 1: If you had one strapped to your belt. If your jug gets blown off, that's kinetic enough. Did you see the report that so they had been gathering information on these Hesbala dudes for years, part of this whole pager attack and figuring out where they were so they could drop bombs over the weekend and all that sort of stuff. They were listening to people through their TVs, listening to people through their televisions.
Speaker 3: Wow, at least Mark Zuckerberg just tries to sell me pants or what have you, whatever I've mentioned most recently.
Speaker 1: Is it that something they got into the smart devices and were able to listen to all kinds of conversations for years. Oh my gosh, how do we know this? Now? You gotta pipe down with that. I read it out at the Times, the Post wherever I read it. That's something, Well, it's out. Yeah, it's not just you know, Sony gathering information against you, probably because you got a TV with a speaker on it. It's foreign actors can possibly get in for the horrible and the various reasons. Never thought about that. I've always just thought about that. I don't like, you know, Tesla spying on me or Facebook or whoever the hell, but about China or Iran.
Speaker 3: China's just looking at me thinking this guy is lazy. Good lord, how has he achieved anything in his life? Look at that, that's the third football game he's watching. All right, switch off to surveil someone else.
Speaker 1: This guy's used. Yes, Iran would say, guess what Jack's doing getting another donut? Yeah, you nailed it. What's donut boy up to three guesses? Well? Okay, anyway, I thought that was pretty interesting. Well, we'll see what happens today. Why did we Israel begin ground operation in Lebanon? Okay, that's the ABC headline, which they say is going to be limited. In short, they really are pretty much wiping out Hezbollah, so it would seem. And we'll see. Why did the United States announce Iran is sending a missile to Israel? It's got to be to till. Hey, we know it's coming. So what are you up to? I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I want to talk more about this later because I have so enjoyed some great thinkers and writers just utterly laying the wood to Biden, Weak, indecisive, Biden still calling for de escalation, still calling for a truce like they did within moments of the the the last person dying on October seventh.
Speaker 1: We need a cease fire don't escalate. Oh my god, I loathe him. Here's more on that that just came out from the New York Times. Iran is preparing an imminent ballistic missile attack against Israel, a White House officials said. Is the United States is actively supporting Israel's defense preparations. Huh, an imminent ballistic missile attack, a direct military attack from Iran against Cirsao will carry severe consequences for Iran, said the US official on conditions of anonymity. Now, yesterday, getting to what Joe was just saying, I found this troubling. Joe Biden was asked about Israel's attack or imminent ground evasion. What do you think about the fact that you are you aware that Israel is planning a ground invasion which went ahead and happened. This was right before it happened yesterday, And Joe Biden said, We're completely aware and it needs to stop. Wow. One, what businesses it of yours to tell Israel it needs to not try to get rid of an enemy that fires thousands of rockets at them constantly? And two, how many times are you going to tell somebody no and be ignored before you start to decide that's not a good look.
Speaker 3: Yet another example of Joe Biden's lack of uh, how would you describe it as his lack of ability to reckon with reality.
Speaker 1: And be a big boy and reflect it in his comments.
Speaker 3: He lives in an imaginary world, which you know, maybe partly age, but he's always as you know. Gates famously said he's been wrong about every major forbe policy question for the last fifty years. But, as Gerard Baker writes, the only appropriate response to Israel's gallantry, fortitude, and skill from us It's nominal allies are thank you and how can we help?
Speaker 1: Instead?
Speaker 3: Time and time again, Israel's supposed friends, including the administration of Biden and Harris, while expressing sympathy over the outrage of October seventh and uttering the usual support for quote Israel's right to defend itself, has repeatedly tried to restrain it from doing just that. Their early valuable support has been steadily diminished by the way they've often connived with the anti Israel extremists in their own party. Before Israel had even buried its dead last October and Hamas was busy murdering its hostages, there were calls for Israel to cease fire. For a year, we've heard our leaders balanced condemnations of Hamas and its terror masters on the one hand and the Jewish State on the other, a false equivalence that says more about the moral disorder in our own politics than about Israel's motives and actions.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't you be This has got to be an age thing. This has got to be he's not as sharp as he used to be, because I got to believe a slightly younger Joe Biden would have realized I can't say don't or stop again. I've done it like ten times in a row and been completely ignored. This is getting embarrassing. Yeah, yeah, I think so. Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: He is more round the bend than I think we have described on this show. I think his failing is more catastrophic than we even.
Speaker 1: Well, this could get exciting while we're on the air today. Who knows how imminent this attack is from from Iran? Remember the big drone attack they did last time? You saw coming for hours? I don't know if that's probably not two of the ballistic missile, it'd probably be more like minutes. If on the domestic, Yes, right on the domestic front, the clean up from the killer hurricane continues. Some interesting stories and subplots from that. Plus, if you're looking for some bargain real estate, I can tell you where to get it. You're gonna have to reckon with some logistical problems. Yeah, some of those videos out of North Carolina specifically are just horrifying. We've got a lot on the way. I hope you can say with us.
Speaker 4: Days after Hurricane Heleen's hit. Nowhere appears to be hit harder than western North Carolina, where some areas received more than two feet of ray. Roughly six hundred people are still unaccounted for. The city of Ashville and the area around it has been largely cut off since Friday. Cell service is mostly out, electricity won't be restored for days, and help has been slow to arrive.
Speaker 1: President Biden delivered remarks on the devastation caused by Hurricane Eleen. He comforted victims by reminding them of how he once survived a flood in an arc. He's old, you see, he's very old. Apparently judging by that joke. Mark Awpern pointed out that the Republicans are trying to make hay with and I don't know if it'll work that. On Sunday, Joe Biden thought it was okay to spend at least part of his weekend at the beach, and there are photos of him, you know, laying there with his shirt open in the sun. While all this was going on. The Vice President spent a good chunk of her weekend doing big fundraisers with movie stars in southern California, and Republicans are trying to make hay with that. I don't know if it'll do any good.
Speaker 3: Right, It's just a reminder that all of the memes and accusations and arguments against George W. Bush in the way King Katrina, for instance, at completely phony.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a good point. That's a good point. So you weren't. You weren't making the argument that, look, a president or a vice president can do their job from anywhere. They don't need to be there. Yeah, it's not what you were saying with George W. Bush. He didn't have the right expression on his face as he flew over the hurricane, and you killed him for it for years exactly. Kamala Harris had the window closed in her publicity shot as she was busily dealing with the hurricane. Yeah, it's just it's so dumb and phony. There's no stopping it.
Speaker 3: But if the Vice President were necessary for the National Guard to get jugs of water to belieguer hurricane victims, what kind of system is that? That would be utterly dysfunctional, No kidding, It's idiotic on both sides, but so is most politics. The sleeper Hurricane Helene, which did plenty of damage on the Gulf coast, but then you know, snuck across several states and just kept unleashing hell in the form of heavy, heavy rain. The idea that western North Carolina would be the focal point of hurricane devastation, it's just odd or flooding.
Speaker 1: I was just reading about Ashville, which I spent a fair amount of time in when we lived in North Carolina. Beautiful Ashville, which is a hippie artist retirement sort of place. They've never even considered flooding there.
Speaker 3: It's not a funning Judy and I were there in July, spent a lovely day drinking the local craft, bruise and bruising the galleries, et cetera. And I've been looking at this video on the very streets We were walking and thinking, how can the water be that high? It's at elevation, but anyway, it's devastating. Just a handful of headlines. Over fifty five hundred National Guard troops deployed. Thank god for the National Guard and the great work they do. Water was breaking buildings down. Eyewitnesses talking about the torrents of water just dissolving brick buildings in front of them, houses floating away in their entirety, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I saw a guy talking about not only are the houses gone, but the ground the houses used to sit on is ground is gone, So there's no ground or houses, So it's not like you're going back right.
Speaker 3: Broken communication lines may counting the missing difficult. According to the White House, there could be up to six hundred people lost. But with no self service, you got people up in the hills, they can't get out and they can't make a phone call. They've got no electricity, water, food, et cetera. Terrible two million currently without electricity. There are at least fifty thousand personnel working to get power back on across multiple states. Obviously, the more urban center you're in, the quicker it'll be on. Folks out up in the hills are going to be waiting weeks, weeks and weeks.
Speaker 1: I was watching joy Read on MSNBC yesterday talking about how in a red state like North Carolina, where they have rejected multiple bills that could have mitigated climate change, they are now reaping the benefit of that point of view.
Speaker 3: I would like to see the First Amendment revoked for joy Read, she is an evil blot on the national consciousness.
Speaker 1: I guess that plays with some people. They believe that people North Carolina or Florida supporting some legislation could have stopped this hurricane from happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, bargain real estate available in Tampa. That story coming up and a great deal more from the news of the day.
Speaker 1: Hope you can stay with us Armstrong and Getty vice presidential debate tonight. Kill me. It's ninety minutes long. I think it could be sporty. You always say that. Wow. I hope you're right, folks.
Speaker 3: You see, you see this is a dysfunctional religi ge here the verbal abuse right there.
Speaker 1: Do you hear that? Wow? Anyway, So, in general, the Republicans are trying to lower expectations for vance and raise them for walls and vice versa. Right, sure, except for Trump not playing that game. Last night, he was on with Kelly Ann Conway on some sort of podcast and he said, you'll see it tomorrow with JD. It'll be stacked. And he's going up against a moron, a total moron. How she picked him is unbelievable. There's something wrong with this guy. He's sick. Trump not playing the lowering expectations game's opponent. I'm I admire your ability to be so amused by that. All I hear is an election being lost and radical gender theory advancing further across the American plane for instance. Oh my god. And then so you set the standard of it. If he's just not a moron or mentally deranged, it's a win, right yeah, beautiful good strategy. So a radical gender theory, it's a gender bending madness. Update, it's over. We haven't done one for quite a while. Wow, I assumed it all been fixed.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, no, it's not the beginning of the end. It's the end of the beginning. People know they have to fight this stuff. I held back on this story for a long time because it's so terrible, but then I realized, you've got to get people to understand the depth of the insanity that has infected our society, from the teacher colleges through the education system mostly.
Speaker 1: But a federal judge's ruled that.
Speaker 3: Would be unconstitutional for an Indiana prison to deny a transgender inmate sex reassignment surgery following the inmates lawsuit this dude who murdered an eleven month old baby in two thousand and one and is freaking crazy. The ACLU argued successfully that to deny him a sex change would be a violation of the Eighth Amendments prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment. This is a measure of how far this insanity has come that people just accept that a mentally ill person who decides, you know what, I'm a check I think must indulged in that mental illness.
Speaker 1: Well, and so is he hanging out with other women in the prison right now? Probably actually knows. And then you got the problem of taxpayers having to pay for this incredibly expensive surgery. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: This crazy dude has been taking female hormones and testosterone blockers since twenty twenty. H Wow, Wow, an insane child murderer gets an extremely expensive confirmation of his mental illness from taxpayers. That's how far it's gone. Moving along, And on a similar theme, a piece of writing that's getting a fair amount of attention online, at least the mainstream media is ignoring it. The husband of.
Speaker 1: The whistleblower who exposed the gender affirming medical care given a miners at Washington University Transgender Center at Saint Louis Children's Hospital. She was a very famous whistleblower last year who said, hey, they're still doing this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's undercover of darkness. They're denying it even as they're doing these cruel experiments on confused children. Her husband is a transgender dude who lived for thirteen years as a dude and is now detransitioning.
Speaker 1: And it's a long and really interesting piece. This poor woman was raped and sexually abused over and over again, had painful conditions related to menstruation and some of the other reproductive parts, and had just terrible psychological problems, and transitioned hoping that being a guy would straighten out her poor awful You wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy life. And now thirteen.
Speaker 3: Years in she saying, you know what, I'm a woman, so.
Speaker 1: So I know this is really dumb. You know how I can't figure out time changes for some reason? Yes, I never. I never had fallbacks there. I never know am I falling back or the clock's falling back? I never get figured out. I can't imagine where this is going, folks. So I'm as lost as you are. Yes, I can't never remember. When you say trans man, does that mean almost never ever? Do? Well? If I read that, If I read this trans man, does that mean they're currently a man and we're a woman the other way around? No, it's a recently arrived man. Think about it like that. Okay, so when I read transman, if I read trans woman, it means they were a man? You set your clock back an hour? That's crap. Yes, yeah, I googled it clock back an hour. There you go. So I like this.
Speaker 3: This is just another item, and I think maybe for the armstrong you getting one more thing podcast will do this. Have you heard anything about auto gynophilia. No, it's said to be a factor in a lot of adolescent boys who think they're girls. It's it's a psychological phenomenon where it's it's heterosexuality like uh misdirected that they come fast, so fast. It's fascinating with the idea of being with a woman that they want to become a woman. And maybe and I've got a long description of it and how it works and that sort of thing, but it would be too long for this setting. So maybe Armstrong and Getty one more thing listen later. But I love, I absolutely love this response. This is from the Mayo Clinic. Think about pregnancy, which is often viewed as an exclusively female phenomenon. Often the midwis at the Mayo Clinics say, according to this commentator.
Speaker 1: Word often seems to be an understatement. Yeah, think about it.
Speaker 3: It's often viewed as an exclusively female phenomenon. It's easy to use the term pregnant women with that a second thought. Yes, So it's the Mayo Clinic trying to convince you that no, men can be pregnant.
Speaker 1: No they can't. Men have never, not once in the history of mankind, been pregnant. So it's not really often, it's always.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, it's absolutely always. And this response I thought was great by one Carolyn Johnson. Because women can't have anything that is precious for themselves. Being pregnant was one of the most life affirming times of my life. But apparently even that can be appropriated and not seen as appropriation. I'm not on the cultural appropriation bandwagon, but I like this version of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dudes, you're a dude or you're a woman. Either way, you live whatevery life you want.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: But if you're a dude, don't ask me to call you a woman. This is also kind of opropos nothing but from the gender banning madness world. The Daughters of the American Revolution are fighting a bunch of their woke members who want to start admitting dudes, even though they're byelaws have always been clear it's for the daughters, female descendants of revolutionary patriots. It's a genealogical organization. You have to be genetically descended of known American revolutionary movers and shakers. Seems like an odd organization, but so they are now fighting the idea that dudes should be involved to if the dude just says.
Speaker 1: I'm a woman and took some hormones, Oh my god. This has got to be the as far as it can go. Right when you've infiltrated the Daughters of the American Revolution. One more piece of bad news than some really really good news. Some kick ass women who deserve your support. First of all, though, one more kick in the nards. Pardon me if you have them, well, if you have them.
Speaker 3: A new Hampshire high school called the police on parents wearing pink Crisp bands featuring two x's that were in support of keeping boys out of girls' sports. The parents had been advocating for the school to set up policy barring boys from playing as girls, but the school district told them they cannot do anything since the court recently ruled that the term girl includes boys who claim identity as girls in the state's schools, and so they not only told the parents that they would not change any inclusion policies, but they also officially banned the parents from attending any school events for the crime of supporting girls' sports. You got a pink wrist band, You're not getting in or calling the cops and having you charge with trespassing. Wow, you don't think it's worth fighting on the side of those parents. Finally, this, this is the good stuff. The governor of Idaho has come out to cheer the Boise State University women's volleyball team after their decision to forfeit their Saturday game against San Jose State.
Speaker 1: San Jose State, the Spartans not at all, not at no, they are really kicking ass.
Speaker 3: Are the Spartans aided in part by a dude identifies as a woman, dresses as a woman, is a dude, you see, that's the hang up, and is dominating the middle and unleashing spikes that are speeds at speeds that are never.
Speaker 1: Ever seen in women's volleyball. Yeah, that's why there have been two forfeits in a row. And now the other players, at least anonymously on the San Jose State team are complaining that it's too dangerous to play with this gentleman who's playing on the women's college team because her spikes are eighty miles per hour and they've never dealt with that before. Oh so I can practice and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Plus you might get hit in the back of the head, I suppose if one goes awry. Additionally, State Senator or thus Senator committed the team for taking a stand for women, writing kudos to Boise State for taking a stand for women in sports. Idohs, hardworking talented female athletes deserve a fair playing field where they can compete and win.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad the governor is saying that, because when Boise State announced they were forfeiting, they put out us statement but did not provide an explanation for the forfeit. They were too chicken to say out loud, we're not playing because they got a dude on their team. Right right, let's see.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny this article gives the Boise States next game or a San Jose State's next game. But anyway, you are now seeing finally, finally, finally, women and the men who support them marching in formation with Riley Gaines and standing up and saying, no, I'm not stepping on that field.
Speaker 1: This is a farce. It is a joke. These are women's sports. No dudes, no matter their psychological problem, No dudes, if they're transgender or schizophrenic, or are shy around other people, doesn't matter. You're a dude. You don't get to play period. Folks. The radical Marxists want to erase all binaries, all of them, the divisions, all of the fence posts that give structure to society. That's how you take over a society and the institutions of the society. Don't let them do that.
Speaker 3: Don't let them force you on your knees and call a man a woman just because they told you to.
Speaker 1: End of screed. It's an gender bending madness. Update. So on the most recent win for the undefeated Spartans where they beat Fresno State. Yeah, take that, you bunch of girls. Ah Fleming, dude, if you want to compete Fleming, the trans player in question led the team with sixteen kills, so the dominant player on the floor.
Speaker 3: It is a measure of people's intellectual cowardice that they put up with this at all. And I get not everybody can be a pissed off. I conoclassed the moment they wake up in the morning like me and you. But my god, we need more people.
Speaker 1: This is it is. It is amazing how many people go along with it. It's just incredible. Yeah. So a another cheery note, the Federal Reserve has dropped interest rates, so it's a great time to call our friends at American Financing two days. So, with mortgage rates in the fours, it is the perfect time to consolidate your debt and reduce your monthly expenses because hey, a lot of people will put a lot of stuff on their credit cards, with groceries being so high, in childcare and everything else. That debt on your credit card, of course is really expensive because you got the credit card rates that are so high. But with mortgage rates now down in the fours, you can wipe that debt out.
Speaker 3: American Financing is helping homeowners just like you save over eight hundred bucks a month on average, and some are even closing in as fast as ten days.
Speaker 1: Actually, if you start today, you might be able to delay two mortgage payments and there are no upfront fees to find out how much you can save.
Speaker 3: So call American Financing today. American Financing triple eight eight four to one, thirteen nineteen. That's triple eight eight four to one, thirteen nineteen. Click on American Financing dot net for more info American Financing dot net.
Speaker 1: In m LS one A two three three four MLS, consumer access dot org.
Speaker 3: If you are for rights in the five star at six point zero one four percent for well qualified borrowers, called eight eight eight four one thirteen nineteen for details about credit cards and terms.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and.
Speaker 5: Astronomers say that an asteroid the size of a school bus will soon enter Earth's orbit, temporarily becoming a new mini moon and making our moon look like an old fat bitch.
Speaker 1: What what? So that's that was? Course? I know, I don't. I don't approve of executive producer Mike Hanson full name approving that. Wow, wow, wow, out of bounds hands uh, I got a question for oh? For first of all, this worth mentioning because it could happen in any moment. US officials say that Iran is preparing an imminent ballistic missile attack against Israel. Ballistic missile is a big boys. That's serious stuff right there. A White House officials said Toda, and also said the United States is actively supporting Israel's defense preparations. A direct military attack from Iran against Israel will carry severe consequences for Iran, says this US official. So we'll see if anything happens or what our reaction is if it does. Now, don't escalate, right, we need to cease fire. Now to the game of scrabble. So, my son, who didn't go to school at all until fourth grade, is quite far behind on his spelling, which is not a surprise. And one teacher we're working with suggested scrabble and this teacher said that he was a terrible speller as a kid, started playing scrabble, ended up winning the seventh eighth grade spelling bees and he thinks it was based on scrabble, which is cool. So we got the game Scrabble over the weekend, gonna play scrabble. I hadn't played scrabble in a very long time. My son had been playing scrabble with the seacher, so we got into playing scrabble, and he started doing things that I didn't remember ever doing before. I was playing out of the rules as written in the piece of paper that come with the scrabble board. Uh huh. So do you play generally by the rules or some sort of house rules? But most games just in general strict rules of scrabble gold Finger, to paraphrase James Bond. How about just in general with board games at home? Michael, anybody joining do you play? Do you have house rules or do you no house rules? No house rules? Sin? And it's interesting though I have found this many times games I've been playing like my whole life. I finally discovered that apparently I was playing by house rules and didn't know it because yeah, I never read the instrus directions from not Monopoly or any other game I just played.
Speaker 3: The only exception to my hard line is monotony. You gotta find a way to speed that damn game up.
Speaker 1: And I haven't played it for decades.
Speaker 3: See, I gotta I play a form of scrabble or another on a near daily basis, like the board game, like 'rolling with the letters and digging them ount of the online online?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, uh? Can words go any direction? What do you mean? Oh? Like backards? No? No, just top to bottom, left right. That's the way the way he played, I can. I can tell you this. It ended with him flipping the board and storming out of the room. Okay, uh, because he thought I was being too much of a stickler for uh, for the rules, but uh I was. I'd never played scrabble in my life where the words could go any direction, But I guess that's the way he and his teacher play it. And a number of other things that were But you can. I mean it says in the instan instructions you can come up with any house rules you want. Of course you can well, given you know our purpose here. I like that. It's fun. Why not anything to make it more fun. Well, right, at the point is to learn how to spell. Well, then let's do it. Yeah, that's the whole point. Like Uno, I didn't realize. We had been playing House Rules of Huno forever and I generally like rules out of the book just to make it to to avoid any argument. So it's just played by the rules that are written down. Then we want to have any argument.
Speaker 3: You can principle known as Chesterton's uno ye if you can know?
Speaker 1: Did you know you can yell? If you yell uno before the person with one card says, hu know they got to draw four cards or something like that. I didn't know that, But that's why that's the official rules. It is. Yeah, it sounds like savage ry. I know, I hated that. I hate that. And then just for the older players and the family get together and everything, like, I just don't like it. I don't like it all the way around. So but beget it. But then, but then that's my point. You can have house rules and not even know them because you've been your family's been getting at Christmas and play in whatever game you play by a certain way all the time. But then if somebody says that's not the rules. You get into the book, you gotta fight. People are mad. It can go sideways very.
Speaker 3: Quickly, right right, which is why every Christmas time we reread the official Rules of Greco Roman Wrestling, because that's our passion. Strip to the waist and get it on. How about cusswords? How do you feel about cusswords for scrabble, curse words, mild obscenities? Yes, would you say it in front of Grandma?
Speaker 1: That's the test. That's a good rule. Right there. We've got a lot more on the way. Stay here, Armstrong and Getty