Speaker 1: I feel like I can't say this anymore, but I'm always shocked when we have a couple check back in that. No way in hell did I ever think that they would have contact with each other again after this show.
Speaker 2: It is wild.
Speaker 1: All right, Your second Day Update update is happening right now. It is brand new. We are going to play you the original second date so you know what's up, and then on the third part, you know there's a couple of commercials. Okay, you can skip through part three. That's when we get them back on the phone to see what's happened since yes, all right, comments, Yeah, queen A Leah said, listening to y'all while waiting for a coolon OSCOVI. But y'all are making me feel better. My girlfriend told me it's the best cleanse of your life. Oh wow, there you go.
Speaker 3: Ye wait.
Speaker 1: For you, there's a positive spin for you. Always get those things checked out. All right, it's breaking Jeffrey, and your brand new second Day Update Update is on.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: We've all heard the phrase size matters.
Speaker 1: Like you guys have heard it more than us.
Speaker 2: Brooks got it as a bumper sticker on her keep.
Speaker 1: But about the size of the car job, Oh, sure, but.
Speaker 5: What about duration matters? That should count for something.
Speaker 1: That's my second bumper because one.
Speaker 5: Of our listeners ended up on a ten hour long marathon first date that somehow just kept on going and going and going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the.
Speaker 5: Only thing more shocking than the call that we did is what happened after we hung up the phones. You're gonna hear all of that because it's time for a special second date update update.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it next Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Second date update.
Speaker 5: What's the optimal amount of time you should spend with someone when you're on.
Speaker 2: A first date?
Speaker 5: If it's best case scenario, how long should that hangout?
Speaker 4: Last?
Speaker 5: Best case scenario means we never leave and we get married.
Speaker 1: Three to four.
Speaker 5: But I want to know what does it mean when a first date lasts four times that amount?
Speaker 1: Oh cute, it's cute.
Speaker 2: Goes on for ten full hours.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're lost in the woods. A lot of people go hiking.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we all agree this is something wrong.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's not normal. But one of our listeners said that happened to him. Unless this is a typo or something, Chad, Oh, it's one hour? Is this a typo.
Speaker 2: It can't be ten hours.
Speaker 4: No, this was a marathon date that started early in the day. It literally kept going. Oh yeah, it wasn't even it wasn't even planned.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, what's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Samantha.
Speaker 1: Samantha okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So we met on a dating app and we were just supposed to get some coffee and pastries, and I thought that was kind of where it was going to end. And then, you know, I was planning on going to the gym. Yeah, it seems like she kind of wanted to keep going.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, she's got all that coffee energy. Now she's got to burn it off and do something else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did she say asked like an activity or something go to the.
Speaker 2: Gym with you?
Speaker 4: She wanted to go to the wine bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that sounds way more fun.
Speaker 2: So you skip glue day.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 5: You're disappointed, I know, but I mean you must have felt the connection too, if you're willing to skip the gym for it.
Speaker 4: Well, things are going pretty well. She kept asking like tons of questions. She was super into me. I could tell she definitely like me, and again I liked her too. And then we're about four hours in at this point, Wow.
Speaker 1: You're drinking four hours of wine.
Speaker 4: Well, we got coffee first and then wine. Yeah, we're trying to make our heart stop.
Speaker 2: The stomach some set. What's going through your mind at the four hour mark?
Speaker 4: I mean I'm just thinking, like, when is this ending?
Speaker 2: Like I like her, but it's like what's next.
Speaker 1: But it's so fun to get kind of day drunk and then you just one thing leads to another and suddenly you're at some house party at night.
Speaker 4: You're like, well, yeah, so we actually we took some wine to go, and then she wanted to go to the park and I was like, well, we're already here this far, let's go hang out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's put some public intoxication on this first date.
Speaker 1: I ought to be lunchtime soon. I feel like they need to eat too. Yeah, you get something in your stomach.
Speaker 4: Right, So we're up to like maybe five hours here, and she asked if she wants to go get some dinner, so we went to another bar before the dinner.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, how are you are you seeing this as an issue at all?
Speaker 2: Are you having fun?
Speaker 4: A little bit of column A little bit of column beat, All right, it's it's the buzz is kicking in and I'm having fun. But it's also like if this is a long time, but again, I like her like me.
Speaker 5: At the same time, you were saying at hour four you were wondering when this date was gonna end. So it sounds like you just don't know how to politely be like, I need this.
Speaker 2: To be over.
Speaker 4: So I did say at one point, hey, I've had such a great time. I'm sorry to take up your entire day.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, So you gave her an out, what I mean, because maybe she was doing the same thing. Maybe both of you don't know how to Yeah what did she say?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: And she goes, are you kidding? The day has just begun? Oh god, but I'm going to kiss her? And she pulled away. I thought for sure, after ten hours, four different location changes, I thought she wanted me to kiss her.
Speaker 5: How many signs can you get from one person that they like being around you and like hanging out.
Speaker 1: I would have been making out an hour two, fixed out to say at the wine mark.
Speaker 5: It's weird that she pulled away from the kiss though, And then where did that happen?
Speaker 2: Like was that in the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Is that No, we were actual. Yeah, we walked back to her place, was right in front of her place. She pulled away, and she hasn't returned my phone call since.
Speaker 1: And she sobered up, and maybe she was just more intoxicated than you thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she didn't want your first kiss to be a super sloppy drunk was actually a thing.
Speaker 1: Or she didn't pull away, she just lost her balance.
Speaker 4: I mean, all could be true, but then that doesn't explain why she won't return my call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, great.
Speaker 5: So would you be disappointed if after a great ten hour date you find out you messed up at the nine to five mark and those the last fifteen minutes just absolutely killed.
Speaker 1: It for you, or she blocked out an hour two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd I'd be very upset.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, she was perfect until he tried to kiss me. Yeah, did you.
Speaker 1: Like her more at the end of the ten hours or less?
Speaker 4: I kind of just was carpe dm season a day and it felt right. So I still just can't explain it. I liked her very much.
Speaker 2: He was just relieved that it was over. He can go home and take.
Speaker 5: A nap, probably, but let's come back. We will call Samantha for you and hopefully get some answers about why after a ten hour marathon date she is suddenly ghosting you.
Speaker 2: We'll do it right after this.
Speaker 1: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for the second date update.
Speaker 5: Our listener, Chad went on a first date that lasted longer than most relationships happen, ten full hours. Yeah, it wasn't planned that way. It just happened naturally where they kept rolling from one activity into the next, to the next to the next, until ten hours later he's finally standing in front of her place, going in for the kiss and she pulled away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hasn't heard from her after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like it was an awkward moment for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they were both drinking the whole day, so who knows what the moment was really like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just to be.
Speaker 5: Clear, Chad, you still want to try to get another date with Samantha?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Are you just doing this to figure out why?
Speaker 4: I want to know both I want to know Lie and I would love to go on another day with her. We had a good time.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting too because every new activity you guys did was her idea, right, one of them was your idea.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: Maybe in her life, ten hours is a really short date, and she's like, he can only last ten hours.
Speaker 1: She's like the opposite of She does sound like the type that would have gone out after it.
Speaker 2: He left that morning that but I don't know.
Speaker 5: Let's call her. We'll see if she picks up. And I'm dying to know what she has to say about.
Speaker 1: This, because there's just remember when we get her on the phone, we don't have ten hours to talk to her.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we'll do it. Gosh, what if that's it. She just doesn't stop talking. We might need some help with it. But I'm calling her right now. Here we go? Oho, Hi is this Samantha?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who's calling? Please?
Speaker 5: This is a radio show calling you called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Not fuck. Oh okay, that's weird. Why are you calling me? Can I win something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Kind of at the end, you kind of do, yeah, depending on what happens over the next few minutes. Here because this is a segment we do call the second date update.
Speaker 3: Oh I think I've heard this before.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's pretty popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go viral and TikTok and stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're calling me, so who is the person that I went out on a date with?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I really appreciate you doing my job because I'm not great at it. But there's a guy you should definitely remember because you spent ten full hours with him, a guy named Chad.
Speaker 3: Incredible, incredible.
Speaker 2: Wow do you think he's incredible?
Speaker 3: I think it's incredible. You're calling me about him?
Speaker 1: Wow, this is so unbelievable. It sounds like you had a great time all day long.
Speaker 3: Yeah ye yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: How do you spend ten hours ongoing with somebody if there's not some sort of vibe happening.
Speaker 2: If there's no, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you. So he went out with my best girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait wait wait when after you went out way?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, no, before months ago he went out with my best girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, did you know this before you went on a date with Chad?
Speaker 3: Or I short, did.
Speaker 5: You knew Chad but before you went out with him? As having dated your friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's weird. He didn't mention that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he didn't know this, but he spent many, many hours with her, then ghosted her. She was very in him, liked him so much. He totally I feel like he led her on. Even took her because spend time with his grandma.
Speaker 1: Wait, ohoy, he took your best friend to spend time with his grandma and then he ghosted your best friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, introduced her, He spent all this time with her, basically, you know, half a day, and then he just ghosted her, never replied to her, never called her nothing. I know, she didn't do anything wrong. She's adorable, she's sweet. He showed me pictures of him, and I matched with him months later on a dating app and I ran to her and I was like, oh my god, you're never going to believe this. I matched with him. She goes, oh, you got to go out with him and get him back.
Speaker 1: What Oh, so this whole thing, your whole ten hour date was just revenge for him ghosting your best friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we girls got to stick together. Yeah, so give him the message. Now you know how it feels give him that message?
Speaker 2: Well, oh, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Don't have to tell him that, because he's actually been listening to this phone call on the their line quietly this whole time, so he's kind of already heard.
Speaker 3: It's great. It's even better.
Speaker 1: I love get you're enjoying that.
Speaker 2: I feel bad about it. It's gloating now, I mean, chat, are you there?
Speaker 4: I don't even know what to say right now. That's really what was going on the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not interested in you.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, wait, wait, wait, wait wait, I heard everything you said. But we spent ten hours. You mean an hour, eight hour, nine when we've had shardonay, coffee, all types of We've had the most fun all day. You mean to tell me you didn't feel anything, because I felt something, and I'm pretty sure you felt five hours.
Speaker 3: With you and then you you ghost her, so now you know how it feels.
Speaker 1: So you doubled it. Okay, Tad, No, there wasn't even a moment in that ten hour period that you felt like a tinge of guilt.
Speaker 2: Be a decent guy, litle bit.
Speaker 3: I was enjoying myself so much, and to pop it off. You know who else had a great time, Sarah? We laughed for hours. Oh my god, we're still laughing about it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't even want to tell you that Chad skipped his gluten day at the gym in.
Speaker 2: Order to date with you.
Speaker 3: I Sarah, he really needed that day. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, Chad, I mean, do you feel bad about ghosting Sarah? I guess that's what she wanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was just a tough time, you know, with my grandma and not doing so well. I just didn't feel like I could be dating.
Speaker 5: I am curious, Chad, why did you introduce the other date to your grandma?
Speaker 4: I was honestly just dropping off medication. It was just a quick errand it wasn't really like I was introducing it to her.
Speaker 2: Why you monster?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I know that your friend Sarah was really hurt, but like we deal with so much dating on this show, that ghosting just seems like the normal way that people get out of things these days. I don't think she should have maybe taken it so personally.
Speaker 3: Guys are just playing us all the time, and they're playing games, and they you know, we felt like, let's get this one back already, Sarah, and you have done.
Speaker 1: But I'm also interested Chad just happened to be the wrong place at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can kind of see what Samantha is saying here, because I kind of would like to play a little bit of a game with you, a game of would.
Speaker 2: You like to go out with Chad one more time?
Speaker 3: I would rather I would rather split my eyelids with razor blade.
Speaker 2: That's so dark.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, it just seems like she's so really angry because of what happened with Sarah, And honestly, at this point, I just it doesn't seem like a going to work out.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, Oh you think you think.
Speaker 2: He didn't answer like he's the one being asked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we never know who you're ghosting too, I guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seriously, Chad, Now you know, if a girl in the future ever says that she wants to hang out with you more and really likes you, red flag.
Speaker 2: Someone's trying to get three of this date. It must be.
Speaker 3: And you know what else? Say you're going to call the person. Don't say that you liked them, you had a great time.
Speaker 5: She's trying to drag us into our ten of this song call we appreciate you Samantha.
Speaker 2: We'll let you go, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on here either.
Speaker 5: Either a mistake has happened or some kind of miracle, but for some reason, Chad and Samantha are both back on the phone right now for an update.
Speaker 1: Update and Samantha, are you still seeking revenge.
Speaker 5: On because a lot of time, Samantha made it pretty clear that you wanted nothing to do with him, So what is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I think I said I'd rather scratch my eyes out or something.
Speaker 2: He was a little darker. But what's going on with you too?
Speaker 3: Well, after we were on it was like a couple of weeks and I did not feel bad about it at all. I thought he got what he deserved. Okay, Yeah, all of a sudden he sent me an apology text.
Speaker 1: Wow, Chad, you actually apologized after taking that verbal beating.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, he said, like, you know again, I'm really sorry, like I didn't mean to hurt your friend or whatever, but I really did have a better.
Speaker 4: Time with you.
Speaker 3: And oh, I was like, oh my god, he's so pathetic. He's still trying.
Speaker 2: Okay, that wasn't changing your mind?
Speaker 3: That same day, I had had a pretty big falling out with her. My friend had not been seeing Eyda I for a long time, so I thought in my head, well, let me just chat to get back at her.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chad on the phone right now? Is he hearing this?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I definitely thought it was a trick, Chad.
Speaker 1: You're being used twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I sent her a sex and that was sincere. But then when she said you want to bother with me, I have to see this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, And so what happened?
Speaker 4: I mean we went on a date in one day time too, and then it just another and another and we've honestly we've been hanging out ever since.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I didn't mean for that to happen, but there was chemistry. It's undeniable.
Speaker 1: Wow, Why do I feel like she's still in this for the long game? In your old best friend on Instagram, I'm in posts of you and Chad no wedding.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna lure him into a marriage and then we're gonna get a divorce and be like that's why.
Speaker 4: Actually I like I like her vices, I like it
Speaker 5: Sleep would not open yet beautiful story