Speaker 1: I knew from before show one. I said, if we execute this concept seven hours commercial free football, we can go anywhere in the NFL universe anytime we feel like it. I said, if we execute this well, this is going to be the most popular football show on television. I came on the first on camera time I ever came on the first episode September two thousand and nine. I said, Welcome to NFL Red Zone, the channel that we hope will change the way you watch football forever.
Speaker 2: Welcome to games with names.
Speaker 1: I'm Julian Edelman, They're Jack.
Speaker 3: And Kyler, and we're on a mission to find the greatest game of all time. On today's episode, we are covering week seven of the twenty twenty season with NFL Red Zone host Scott Hanson. We all know his voice. We've all seen his voice. We've all can you see a voice? We get into talking what makes the perfect witching hour, chaos.
Speaker 2: Stuff that just shouldn't happen.
Speaker 1: I mean fourth quarter keisters, get tight man in a fourth quarter sometimes the origin of the octobox.
Speaker 2: I want you to feel how big it is.
Speaker 1: We have eight games of the most highly skilled trained athletes on the planet are going at it simultaneously and it's all gonna lead to wins and losses at three hours from now.
Speaker 3: Big like it's big, and pretty much everything that goes on behind the scenes of the NFL Red Zone.
Speaker 1: You know, we had a fire alarm a couple of year y'all. Don't leave, dude, A soldier does not leave his posts. You can't is a Foxhole guy Foxhole.
Speaker 3: And then we wrap it up with the very special Jamison Irish whiskey toast, so you gotta stigure out to the very end.
Speaker 1: Let's go Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: October twenty fifth, twenty twenty Sunday afternoon, NFL Red Zone when.
Speaker 1: Winds become losses and lawsuits become winds. You know what time it is. This is the greatest witching hour of all time, the Gloats. I have watched this show so many times. I really wondered what it would be like to sit here and and I didn't know you'd be wearing shorts because I did want to see what my calf muscles look like next to yours. But I gotta flex them. I gotta flex them. That's why I wore dark pants with dark socks so that we can put those away right there, you got you still got them calves on, you know, and run these hills around here.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I've had big calves since I was a little kid. Really, yeah, that was a calf kid.
Speaker 1: Does that?
Speaker 2: Does everyone make comments on them when they come on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, no, I don't mean to be made that.
Speaker 1: I make it weird. No, But there's there's a thing.
Speaker 3: People that know football and speed, Yeah, they know that the big calve shows that you're not a burner.
Speaker 1: Traditionally not you're your change direction guy. And you could stick him in the ground and go anybody. He ain't seen no calves on a racehorse, right, you know? I bet your you know all the lines. Oh yeah. Dion's other one is he used to never come out and stretch before a game. Yeah, he said, you ain't never seen a cheetah stretch on the savannah.
Speaker 2: He's like cheetah wakes up ready to run.
Speaker 1: I know. The tow took him down the toe to the tow took him. That's like the worst. It's bad too. Have you ever have you seen how much he's had to have to He's got eight toes now, did you see argue that was hilarious. Yeah. Did you buy this place during your playing days or after I bought this eighteen months ago? Oh? Really, yeah, with the idea of setting up this type of stuff, or did you have a place out here? No? I never had a place here. My daughter lived out here and I can't I would come in the off season and I ran a play, but I was mostly in Boston.
Speaker 2: Really, you still keep a place there.
Speaker 3: I still have my place there. And that's how we get a lot of the Patriots. We'll get all the people over there.
Speaker 1: Oh really, because I was thinking you flew like some of those guys we flew Ernie Adams, Ernie I saw. Ernie's the only one, which that's an exclusive interview right there. Yeah, Ernie, he didn't say much to anybody, No, but he used to not at least it never has Yeah, even you know, like when our teammates saw that show, they were amazed because Ernie was very quiet. But I would always I was there for so long.
Speaker 3: I would see him in the cafeteria doing the same thing he did every single day, eating that damn tomato, and I go create conversation because I was jokester a little bit, you know, so and then me and Ernie be and he would give me nuggets like on punters or on certain dbs and so like we always had a thing because people were intimidated to talk to him a for one, and B he didn't put it out there that he wanted to be talked to or he didn't give that.
Speaker 1: But he's not like that. He's just socially awkward. There's yeah, there's probably that too, but in my world, like there was like a mystic, mystical mist about him the longest time. And well, your interview helped to lift that veil. I mean, he's in the later years of his life, career, whatever else, but there was always.
Speaker 2: This, oh, there's this guy there at the.
Speaker 1: Poet the Originals. Yeah, nobody really knows like him outside of the building apparently, but Bill trusts him implicitly and they credit him with a lot of positive things that come out of that building and out of that program.
Speaker 3: To put it in perspective, I would say eighty five to ninety percent of the people inside the building didn't know what he did.
Speaker 1: Wow, you had to.
Speaker 3: Be in a group too, like certain guys like new but like the younger players, or when you're a new player.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck is this guy? Yeah? Yeah, you know, and that's how it was. But then all of a sudden you talk to him. You know everything about every damn team and every rule. All right, let's get this. Do I go closer, guys or no?
Speaker 2: Atches, you can move Inehay.
Speaker 1: I do project across a room, Julian, Oh, I know you're a pro. This is this is your game. I'm waiting to see it. Welcome to Games with Names with Scott Hansen.
Speaker 3: Today we are looking at week seven of the twenty twenty NFL season. Witchy no or in one sentence, why did you pick this week?
Speaker 1: Scott? Covid meets crazy Finishes. Remember twenty twenty the COVID year. So you're gonna like, if you look at the video, you'll see like just dots of fans in the stands in the stadiums that were allowed to have fans.
Speaker 2: And I got to ask you what it was like.
Speaker 1: To play in that atmosphere? Awful?
Speaker 2: Foxborough was completely shutting down, righty.
Speaker 1: Certain stadiums in certain states were allowed ten percent capacity, twenty percent capacity, whatever. But there was that and this one particular witching hour we had ten lead changes in four different games in the span of less than sixty minutes during the witching hour. And then, by the way, can I put you on the record, you are a red Zone viewer and a red Zone fan? Oh yourself? I mean, I love the shirt you're talking about. I have said, no, not me. I've said for years, Julian Edelman is the best dressed man in the entire NFL.
Speaker 2: And you didn't let me down with a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Coming from a hairline and a man that could hold himself for eighteen hours to call the game. I love. That's a I might as well die and go to heaven. I hope.
Speaker 2: I do you proud?
Speaker 1: I know. I know I did your proud during your playing days, because did you know that you came into the NFL the same year NFL Red Zone came into existence.
Speaker 3: I you know what, two thousand and nine. After we did the research. I kind of knew that, but I didn't know it until we started doing that. Yeah, and I was explaining to Kyler and jack At I really didn't watch red Zone until I retired. Okay, like you watched, you had heard about it, but oh you heard about it?
Speaker 2: If you're playing on Monday night football. What would you do on Sunday?
Speaker 1: Sunday? We were, you know, we were We had walkthroughs, we had team meetings. You'd be in the room get like you'd usually be in like a training room, depending if you're on the road or at home, and you'd be getting treatment and you they would have the game on and they'd have the red zone and you'd watch the That was kind of like where I first started seeing it, but I didn't really know what it was. And then I started doing fantasy like closer than you got to. I was like, I gotta get on this red zone. And then their boys boy TB twelve, Tom Brady loves it, told me for years when he was playing and now of course in retirement that he loves red zone. He's a junkie. When I but like when I first like started really watching it, that's when my appreciation and I understood what the infatuation of the red zone was because I really wasn't in it.
Speaker 3: Like when I was playing. You'd see it on and it'd be cool to see the highlights. You see guys that we get the touchdowns, you see certain situations that we harp on all day, third down, red area. But like, it wasn't until I have my own fantasy squad. I'm sitting there and you're glued to your phone and then you get instant highlight with your commentary. I was like, Man, this guy's a fucking stud a B. This is a crazy concept.
Speaker 1: And the dopamine hits you get from when your fantasy running back hops in on fourth and goal from the one yeah, or conversely, if you get vultured a touchdown, one of your guys should be scoring a touchdown and goes to the backup full back or something. There is nothing like that, and that's what we deliver. People call me touchdown Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: Touchdown Santa Claus distributing. You get a touchdown, I call you Oprah touchdown, Oh touchdown Oprah Trademark twenty twenty four. Julian Edelman, Is this the greatest we of all time that we're about to discuss? Well, I come bearing gifts, You come bearing gifts, discuss asta. As soon as we decided that we were going to revisit this, I went back in my notes, like you guys might go back in a you know, in your your game book or your you know.
Speaker 1: Wristband or whatever. I went back and I printed out a set. These were my NFL Red Zone Week seven, twenty twenty, October twenty fifth, twenty twenty my notes going into the game. Wow, those are my generic notes. Then my process, Julian is, I go through every game and I pair all of my best stats, facts, figures, quotes, injury updates. Every game gets one sheet. That's the early window. This is the late window. You all Patriots played in the late window. But we're gonna we're gonna talk about the early window. The fantastic finishes in this early window. But go to this sheet right here. Go to this one right and I don't know if I'll give this in. The cameras can edited this in afterwards. This is the cover sheet here, my master sheet that gives me the entire lineup of games. I don't know if hold up to that three okay, my entire lineup of games. I put a little line item through to say I've got seven in the early window. I've got four in the late window. All the kickoffs, the location, the team records coming in.
Speaker 2: Didn't get the line and you got to do your own lines.
Speaker 1: If you wait, let me rephrase it. I got to do our own line. Yeah, so so seven early, four late, and I prepare every game as if it's going to be the craziest game of the day. And then that way, whenever it ends up happening, whatever game does go crazy or whatever, four games go crazy, I'm loaded and I'm ready to bring.
Speaker 5: It to you guys.
Speaker 3: You know, and what's up this this preparation, it's kind of like a real it's like a game day NFL pre kind of, you know. And then as I transitioned into doing TV, I kind of have a similar approach to it, where I'll go over our matchups for Fox that week, and then I'll go over with a group and we'll sit and we'll talk over each game, and I'll watch that game or a highlight or a condensed version of that game, and I'll give off just my I'll send voice memois to a group of us and I'll just go bad block on this this good, great play awesomeness.
Speaker 1: And then we'll go in and we'll look at everything. And you do all this preparation for when you get onto TV. You don't use any of it but your feed. You're subconscious with the knowledge that you can drop at a second. Can I give you an analogy to this? I love an analogy. Okay, I go back to your college days. You had that one class where the professor it's the end of the semester and he or she says, okay, this is like Monday. The final exam is on Friday. It's an essay exam. Here are ten essay questions which represent everything that we've studied this semester. Three of them are going to be on the final exam. Wow, which which do you study anxiety? Right now? Thinking about where you probably stood up at that point and said, uh, you know, a professor, I'm going to the league.
Speaker 2: No, I don't need to. I don't.
Speaker 1: At that point I was like I'm about to be a fireman, until I had just studied to be a goddamn Anyways. The point being, if you're a diligent student, you study everything, and that way other analogy, your tool belt is full. If it ends up, you know, if you need to use a hammer, a wrench, a screwdriver, the pliers, whatever, you're ready for it. And so when I study every one of these games like it's going to be the absolute biggest game. And then if it's thirty five nothing blowout. Didn't say anything about that game.
Speaker 3: That's how it goes. But that's that's the thing about preparation and anything. And you watch someone you know, like you don't just get up and spit their read zone. You put so much time and effort in before that seven hour day of performance. Just like when we would prepare for a week's game. You put in so much. We practice these situations that we a lot of us would get mad at, you know, as players, but the coaches would put us in these situations and like, we never seen this. We haven't seen this for six six years, this specific situation, free kick after a fair catch on the right, you know, time thing before right, but the one time it happens, you know, we were always prepared for it, just like you're saying with your.
Speaker 1: We've got an example in week seven, twenty twenty ooh, ooh, do you want to give you the specifics here? Let's hear it.
Speaker 2: So Lions at Falcons.
Speaker 1: Lions came in at two and three, Falcons came in at one and five, right, two, sub five hundred records. You think this is not going to be you know whatever, There was great players in the game. You know, you got Stafford was still there, and then and then Matt Ryan, So you got two guys who can pitch it around. Danny A. Mondola was on the team. There you go of the stars there. So it comes down to the wire. The Lions have a one point lead. Okay, now this is this is all situational Belichick would go, would geek out on this. The Lions have a one point lead, The Falcons have the ball. The Falcons are driving, and it's in the final minute or two minutes of the game. The Lions are out of timeouts. So the Falcons need any type of a score to win the game. They get into the red zone. What are the Lions going to want to do at this point? Let him score, Let him score a touchdown. Okay, so you got to call in the huddle. If you're the Atlanta Falcons, we want to drain this thing down to three seconds, call our last time out, and kick the game winning field goal. We do not need a touchdown. Todd Gurley and Todd Gurley, who had had various he tried, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, but he didn't execute.
Speaker 1: He burst through the line and he wanted to go down at the at the one yard line, but you can't.
Speaker 2: He's a four to four guy at his best.
Speaker 1: He burst through the line, and of course they let him, and he burst through because they led him. He went in from the like the ten yard line down to the one and he went He tried to stop and he must have crossed the goal line by that much with the football. So what is the call in the huddle? What did you guys use in the huddle when it was I've heard some teams use no moss, like yeah, no moss, no more, we do not want to score a touchdown. It was a Rolex situation for us, meaning meaning time was more important than points. Okay, But there wasn't a specific call to say, do not score a touchdown called oh okay, that's.
Speaker 3: Time rolex, rolex, rolex, do not score. Time is more important than points. So like you would go down and we would have we would have had that call on a I would say ninety percent of the guys in the huddle would know what to do, probably even more in just everyone probably would have known. Yeah, but it would have been read by the quarterback, who probably got a reminder from the offensive coordinator. So there's a lot of teamwork that goes into that. Todd tried to do it. He just he just didn't execute.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: And the funny thing was earlier in his career when he was with the Rounds and.
Speaker 1: He actually he did a different one where he went out of bounds, but he went out of bounds too early.
Speaker 2: They weren't in Rolex situation at that time.
Speaker 3: A minute, yes, that's four minute, and he was overthinking different that point.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so I love as a player. I love girly as a player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd better be because someone's gonna call you, and yeah, you're gonna be like you don't remember the calls. Did you ever practice that you as you were obviously a wide receiver, but you were a ball carrier at different times, and you become a ball carrier catching a pass even though if it's Rolex, the running backs probably the only one who's handled of the ball. Would you ever practice stopping your momentum at the two yard line? Three yard line?
Speaker 3: We probably wouldn't even have to put that player in that situation as the play caller. Okay, we probably would have just said right tight quarterback, center of the ball and so and we all know that Brady wasn't a threat to burst into the secondary and now the end zones.
Speaker 2: No, he would, but I love you.
Speaker 1: You know, I love you. But yeah, speed wasn't his game. No, but he's actually one of he's probably the greatest quarterbacks, sneak quarterback of all time with you and he's had over one thousand yards in russiing and he lets us know that thousand. Speaking of winty years, if you would care to peruse your notes, let's go to the late window. So the top pages, Uh, Buccaneers Raiders. Okay, okay, so again this is this is like Macro NFL notes. This is early window, pack window, this is late window. We had four games in the late window. Buccaneers Raiders. That was a John Gruden revenge game. We had Chiefs Broncos in the AFC West, a Drew live game. Then there's this little game the forty nine ers at the page. Yeah, Patriots, my first.
Speaker 2: Note there, would you read that to the read that to the to the fan.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Garoppolo returns to New England. Yes, he was the second round draft pick in twenty fourteen. He returns to New England and then Bill Belichick, I got a note on him there. Do you like that? Note?
Speaker 3: Yeah, seven to one with a plus one twenty two point differential against qbs that were drafted by or started at least one game.
Speaker 1: Another one Belichick used to destroy people quarterbacks who were in his program, left his program and then came back and played again. So who is that like a testa Verty drew bledsoeled Ledso was the one guy who beat him. His record was seven and one with a big huge point to that first year, that first year after he left on opening day. It was it was early in the season. It was because we I think we cut Lawyer malloy too, So it was lawyer. This is before you were on the team. You remember history, but we you know, we go over the situation. You got it smart, but that that's that's true. Would you care to go down to the bottom line on my New England Patriots? And again this is I did not doctor this today. I had a Julian Shreddelman. Note Edelman needs one hundred and forty four yards for ten thousand career all purposes. Did you have any idea that was the case you needed going into this game? You needed one hundred and forty four yards of any type for ten thousand all purpose career. Dude, you everyone knows you were a monster. Didn't get it one catch? Yeah, you did get it. We don't want to probably bring up what actually happened. That was my last game, right there is your last game in the NFL. Yeah, my last catch against the Niners. I'm so sorry to bring that. It was all good, It was all good. It was a shitty h It was a shitty year, shitty year, but that was it was cool to Cam Newton was quarterback in the Patriots at that point. In order that I'm talking person, I'm not saying I'm not saying he was responsible for it.
Speaker 2: I'm just giving the fans a recollection was there. It was COVID year.
Speaker 3: You're getting tested like three times, five times a week for COVID. It was so hard to interact with your teammates in the locker room. It was completely different than what you were accustomed to of having community and being able to talk and make fun of guys like it was football at that point, like it.
Speaker 1: That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I had said, I gotta get out of it. I gotta get out of this, well, I will say this, you can credit the NFL. People criticize the NFL for for a number of things, you can credit the NFL. The NFL was the only sport on the planet that did not miss one game during the COVID year of twenty twenty. Not that doubt.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying when you look back that it was freaking awesome. I'm just saying, as a twelve year vet, yeah that now, that's not the way you want your It's just tough for the play, you know what I mean. How often do you get to swab up the nose every day?
Speaker 1: Every day?
Speaker 2: Every day practice Wednesday?
Speaker 1: You're getting even when you had you had to go get tested and then come back because you had you had to protect the ecosystem. When you look back on it, NFL killed it.
Speaker 3: NFL and UFC those are the two sports that you look that like, during the whole what you know, that hole davigated those waters. They did very they navigated through during the thing. Though, when you're a player and you bitch about everything, you're like, this fucking sucks, yeah, you know, but looking back on it, you're like, man, that that was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I gotta say us from the fan perspective. We needed that, we needed without a doubt. Oh my god, Oh that was our lifeline.
Speaker 1: When I came on the air, because you remember March Madness completely canceled, canceled. NBA would end up going into the bubble the next year, but they they were shut down. The hockey wasn't gonna start. Everything was shut down. You came off of the summer, which is already dry. Uh you know sports terrain. When I came on the air for that first Red Zone, and I remember I had to say everyone's past their COVID test. I used to announce at the beginning of Red Zone if any player failed as COVID tests an hour before kickoff, and we'd get shut down. When I came on, like you just felt the weight of our country. We needed to come back. And of course then that was after the summer at George Floyd too, So it was we needed something to bring us together. And NFL football does it unlike just about anything else. A man.
Speaker 5: They also had like afternoon Wednesday games to which.
Speaker 1: Well, look at the notes, Look at the notes, go back to the main page. I've got written down here. Uh, two games usually on the top page here have been rescheduled. Yeah, we usually just say how many division games there are? How many games between teams with winning records? Right that the games to highlight? Here we go, two games have been rescheduled. The Week seven, the Steelers at Titans was supposed to be played in Week four, and it got you know, remember how the games were going to Tuesdays and you said Wednesdays and everything. We had two games that were rescheduled. We also had a team that had their bye week, The Dolphins that year got their bye week smashed over the Week seven because it was just bananas. But we would up playing football without a doubt. We went and played.
Speaker 3: They canceled or they they postponed our game like Tuesdays. We played, I think on the Tuesday, the Chiefs game supposed to be a Sunday night game or Sunday football.
Speaker 1: We played on Tuesday. We flew out same day and played off flight and I was coming. I was swolling knees and stuff. I'm sitting here pumping this get it like. That's that's what I remember from that year.
Speaker 3: And you know, it was great looking back for not just our fans, but just for everyone to have some kind of something to look forward to that during that time of the you know what was going on, but you know.
Speaker 1: It was it was tough.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it was tough again. Hopefully never again, never again.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do you think about what's going on right now in the NFL season.
Speaker 5: How before we do this, Scott has a little bit of a surprise for you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 3: Jamison would like to welcome you aboard this flight to Dublin and to invite you to join their unofficial call to bring pro football to Ireland. Stowaway foam fingers in the overhead compartments, and a bar cart stocked with Jamison's finest whiskey will be making its way down the aisle after takeoff, because only Jamison would try to bring football to a whole new country. Join the Jamison Huddle at Jamison Sports dot Com.
Speaker 2: A couple things. So, Julian, I sat down here and you said, nice.
Speaker 1: To meet you. You and I have met before. In fact, you and I, Julian, have played football together on the same team.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, can you oh you recognize that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So okay. So for those who don't know Buddies. Tom Brady has been involved with a charity for years. I think he maybe still is. But certainly this was June first, twenty twelve. You were young pup, hadn't had your first one hundred cat season yet even not yet, No, you would not. The next year was your first. I'm not saying it's because you played with the Hanson Brothers. You exploded after playing a charity flag football game.
Speaker 2: So basically it works like this.
Speaker 1: For those who don't know, Brady would with Best Buddies, a great charity in the Boston area.
Speaker 2: Give it a Google. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: With Best Buddies, he would donate his time and bring in some of his celebrity friends, some of his some of his football friends and teammates, and then some big money donors who would pay money to Best Buddies. And you would get to play in a charity flag football game with Tom Brady as all time quarterback at Harvard Stadium right there in Boston. And so when you showed up, so my brother, uh former executive over at Fidelity Investments, yours truly you know the red zone host. You show up and you decide which you get to see, which quarter you're playing it because there were so many people that wanted to be in it. They would you would just play for one quarter and look who we were paired with there right at the top of the board, young Julian Edelman, future Super Bowl MVP. And little did we know that the Hanson brothers and Julian Edelman would combine to make some magic.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Do you remember that gamer? Did you play in one? You played a couple of you.
Speaker 1: Did not went. I was with thirs for ten years, God bless. So it was a fun organization to work with.
Speaker 2: And one other thing about best buddies because they did it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Well there was the bikeathon. There's so I did. I rode in the bike I rode the rides as well.
Speaker 5: You won it?
Speaker 2: I won one one year, did you really?
Speaker 3: It was only a thirty month because we were in OTA's. They wanted to swamp the legs. I bet had to when that thing show those people was up, Julis armstrong, uh.
Speaker 2: And then and then there.
Speaker 1: Would always be that's when those Cavs came.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 3: Then there would always be at the Kennedy Compound, the clam bake, and there would always be the raffle there and that was like it was just a really.
Speaker 1: Cool, cool event that did great things for you know, a great.
Speaker 2: Group of people.
Speaker 1: Like I said, give it a Google best Buddies worth while speaking of the clam bake, so for it would take it out to the Kennedy compound.
Speaker 2: The Kennedy family developed Best Buddies.
Speaker 1: You know, it's kinds and Kennedy's yes exact, you have the Shrivers and Kenny and so they would have this amazing thing for all those who participated, donated and whatnot.
Speaker 2: They would build that huge like tent. You know, think like a huge.
Speaker 1: Wedding you know out on a on a grass lawn and tiny and drink wedding crashes basically crash go look at like the richest East Coast kind of thing you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 2: That's really what So you're going. Your Boy TV twelve was you know, the face of it.
Speaker 1: And Tom would get up at one point during you know, after the beverages had been flowing, Tom would get up and the MC would announce, Tom has got a bag of football's here and he's going to autograph a football with a sharpie. And if you raise your hand and you want a football, You're you're pledging five hundred dollars the best buddies. So he had this huge bag of footballer. Remember we would do this, so he would autograph a football and he would you know, someone would raise their hand and he would just pitch it. And he was going like this, you know, five feet away, ten feet away, whatever. Well, at one point, the crowds, you know, crowd's a little saucy. The crowd starts heeling throw it deep, and you got like women in sun dresses walking around, and it's kind of tight quarters. And Brady starts spinning the football in his hand and he's looking, he's looking. I'd like to play you a little bit of video and see if you might grade what happened at the moment. Let's see that this throw it deep? All right?
Speaker 2: We got to he's blinded by the lights, boom back of the room.
Speaker 1: Who'd he hit?
Speaker 2: Let's see if he comes closer to the camera. The crowd's going nuts.
Speaker 1: Scott, did you get smoked?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I caught it, dude, that's me, good dad.
Speaker 1: I saw autograph going back. I need to be graded from the man who caught more passes from Tom Brady than just about anybody on the planet. I need you to grade my hands here. My heart was pumping, kid, I'm telling you. Let me get it all right, kind of a whoa one hander?
Speaker 2: Have you been drinking your hand?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I oh dad, i'd I don't know, you know what with.
Speaker 3: The light changes, I know, catching the ball indoors can be a little weird. Sometimes I have to give it a that's a that's a seven point nine out of ten.
Speaker 2: I will one thought, clip this video and send it and that's good.
Speaker 3: And if you ever heard me great a burger or something. Seven nine is like I'll go back all day long. So like like he'll go back to you for seven nine.
Speaker 2: That made my visit here for you just to give me a prop Let me look at it.
Speaker 1: I'm I didn't remember that we did all the best buddies and stuff until I saw that right there.
Speaker 2: Those were good days.
Speaker 3: Those were so fun. That's crazy. Yeah, man, he comes Look at how prepared. So you know, we come full circle. You came into the league the year NFL red Zone came into the league. Yeah, we met together and played football. I probably had more catches in the second quarter than you did. I'm thinking, you know, just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hit some bombs on that thing. Dude. I had a drop. Oh I think I remember that too. I had a drop. It was the most the crowd, when the crowd, it was the I got mesmerized, Dude, I speaking from the millions of people on television when freaking Tom Brady is throwing you a ball fifteen yards downfield and it's the most. And I played college football the most brilliant spiral you've ever seen in like, this is the greatest quarterback of all funk right through my hands. Oh hit me right here in stride. So I'm like, I was, I felt this big. I ended up catching a like a two point conversion later in the quarter or whatnot. So I'm like, Okay. The next year I come back to playing it, and you know, Tom's everyone's Tom's running for mayor there, so everyone's coming up to him. I go up to him, Hey, Tom, great to be back another year. He's like, you're gonna catch every pass I throw you This time, he one hundred percent remembered that some slappy dropped the pass. He threw four hundred passes in that charity flag football game. He one percent remembered that I dropped the pass Scott Young receiver dropping a ball. I've seen guys get shipped out for that.
Speaker 2: I was probably, I was probably, but hey, you were back guy.
Speaker 1: He saw something, he saw, he saw fighting you because because he saw the clam bake, the clam bake in front of the people, in the people, when the lights were shining his brightest Scott, you caught that damn ball for charity for the kid. Yes, five hundred dollars. Well, well spent, well spent. So that was awesome, man, that was that was did you That's what I had the surprise for. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I told your guys that, Yeah, no, that was for you, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those were such great, great times. You know, Tom, what do you think about your career at that time, because again, if you go back and look at your stats, yeah, you were, you were, you started probably you had played three seasons to that point. Was that twenty twelve, twenty twelve, so the next year is twenty twe hundred catches, so that actually, you know, I was playing behind Woker for like three years, yes, and anytime he got hurt, I bawled out. So I was confident, and then that twenty twelve beginning of that season, I actually beat him out. I beat him out and I played the first two games and everyone in New England was going crazy like why why isn't Welker and why are you playing this that olding kid?
Speaker 3: And then I broke my hand against Baltimore and then I was out for two weeks, and then I came back, and then I scored two touchdowns in that Colts game. Then I scored two touchdowns in that New York Thanksgiving game. I bought out the butt fumble.
Speaker 1: Yeah game, I had a deep one, and I had that one off of special teams, off the kickoff where Devin mccorty hit mcnight ok and I caught it out of the air and ran it on a kickoff back.
Speaker 3: And then the next I was bawling out. So I had three really good games in a row, and then I broke my foot and then I was out for the season.
Speaker 1: So then at that point I was thinking, like we knew who you were. It just you looked I was knocking at the door.
Speaker 3: But with Welker there, I would never have worked because the trust that Tom had in Welker and he was his guy at that time, Like it was hard to get through that until he had to, and then once Welker left, he had to and then that's when we grew.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know what, during your prime years, I see every touchdown in the NFL, right, I see every touchdown during your prime years. I don't know what you guys called it, like a stick route where you would at the goal line, let's say nine yard line and in when you would line up wide left. I think you did it from the right side too. You'd wind a single wide receiver to the left and you would stick your corner in and then jab it back out and Tom the most accurate.
Speaker 2: Passer anyone's ever seen.
Speaker 1: It was as automatic of touchdown if that play was called as like is that almost any play like Priest Holmes if you remember Priest Homes inside the five yard line, they used to do that toss pitch Will Shields and the Hall of Fame lineman that they had black. It was an automatic touchdown. That play was an automatic touchdown. It felt like we had a lot of execution on that. There was a lot of good times.
Speaker 2: That was what would you guys call that? You know, which play I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: So you would cut. You would push your guy in two yards hard, make him break in, and you would put your foot in the ground and you had two yards of separation. And when there was only one yard.
Speaker 3: There, I think that was like army personnel where put me at the X. So I'd bet on the backside X and it'd be X returns or spin X return so the front side you'd have a deep incut on the end line.
Speaker 1: He loved that play too. Back of the end zone. He would throw that touch. You see it and everyone runs it. So your single guy runs the return route and then you have spin, which you have a crosser over here, so you're high lowing over here for that spin. If that corner comes off and or something comes off there, then he's going to hit to that to his backside incut.
Speaker 3: So that's like one of them. A lot of teams run it. They doll it up different ways, but it's the red area is crazy if you really think about it. It's it's the same high lows in all the different spots with different routes running them. So you always have something low, you have something high, you have something you know what I mean. So it's condensed, so the eleven on defense, but the way you get to it is different. And that was one of my ways to getting to that.
Speaker 1: Man. So you were so money at that. It was fun. We got to talk about your playing career.
Speaker 7: Really, just just want to make a note for our audience at home. We're talking red zone strategy with mister red zone right now.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I love it. I love it. Now. You played high school ball in Michigan. I was good. I was a good high school player, captain of the team. You know, all all conferences, believe it or not, I was alignment. I was a center. I waited two thirty five. Fully, what do you mean, believe it or not? The center is usually one of the smartest guys on the team. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Try and like I could tell through your preparation, like you want your center to be a smart guy.
Speaker 1: Well, when you don't have raw talent, you better have enthusiasm and intelligence. And I tried to. I tried to overprepare everything. So I was a center and I was a long snapper. The more you can do right and do so, then I after my playing days, I was like a Division three talent. Division three schools wanted me to come, and I would have played at the Division III level. But I knew I wanted to be a sports broadcaster when I was in high school, and I said, I want to set my mind on this. The NFL is not a dream for me playing. So I researched who has the best sports broadcasting program in the country. Well, Syracuse, Syracuse University even you know that, right, you know Bob Costas, Dick Stockton, Marvel in this world? Do you realize that? And so many people behind the scenes, there's like there in Northwestern, right, Northwestern's excellent. Syracuse, That's what I hear. The big sports casting it's it is best. Yeah, it's the gold standard because the Harvard of Sports Casting its yeah, yeah, and it is. You just google the list of sportscasters that that came out of Syracuse. It's incredible. So I said, okay, Bob Costas went there, I want to go there. Division one major Division one, yeah, And and so I walked on the team. I walked on the team my freshman year nineteen eighty nine. That's how old I am. And uh made the team because I could snap and they were like, look, at let's just keep this walk on kid around. He could be our third long snapper, deep emergency long snapper. But then I was like, what am I going to do besides snap? So I cut weight, got down to around two hundred pounds, tried to get my speed up, like I could actually break a five flat forty oh boy wheels. And I had good hands and I was smart. They only need to tell me once how to do something, and I had it on lock. So I played wide receiver and defensive back at Syracuse in the scout team Wow. And I was one of those guys that star players used to love to hate because I was going one hundred miles an hour Wednesday afternoon at two thirty when they're like, yo, chill, bro, my quads are just killing me. And I'm like, no, coach told me, I gotta get you ready for the game. I'm coming after you. That's team guy. He's a glue guy, Baby, glue guy. Babe guy, that's a glue guy.
Speaker 2: Now you know who my You know who my strength coach was for two years.
Speaker 1: Mike wo chick. Mike Yeah, yeah, isys woe chick is how we used to say it.
Speaker 2: It looks did he go to the He went in the Cowboys, right.
Speaker 1: He he had more Super Bowl rings and he was prior to Brady and Belichick winning their additional ones. Did you ever cross over with it?
Speaker 3: I was with white Check for three years. You talk on the side, and he made you listen to Johnny Cash if you're a rookie. He used to remember that in the weight room though you could only listen. The rookies had their assigned times that we had to work out, and anytime you go in there, it'd be nothing but Johnny. We couldn't pick these the radios. Then of that would come in he could change it and WASISTI guy's all right. He used to eat the craziest breakfasts. Do you remember his breakfast?
Speaker 2: Tell me about this. He used to have stories about him.
Speaker 1: But he would have a scramble with everything that was living, like any kind of meat in cheese that they had there, so it'd be sausage, egg like fifteen eggs, every type of cheese, Turkey road dude. And he loved his cigars. Did you remember that?
Speaker 2: I saw the pro version of him. So you may have been a rookie under for him.
Speaker 1: Tried being a walk on freshman scrub I came up to a one day at practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you google him?
Speaker 5: He was from west Ford, mass He went to BC.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl Rings Decorator three with Cowboys, so he was at Syracuse. The reason he went to New England was Dick McPherson was the head coach at Syracuse. McPherson was a New England guy and McPherson could have stayed at Syracuse and won nine ten games, winning bowl games and had the life, but the NFL called. He went and became the Patriots coach for only like two years. He didn't do well, but the Patriots like No. Ten was went to the Patriots stayed in the NFL was successful forever. McPherson only lasted a couple few seasons at the Patriots, but that's how he took He was the Syracuse strength coach. So freshman walk on and I'm mister puppy and enthusiasm. You know, hey, a raw rod all this like this, and everyone knew because he used to have the freshman with a stand up in the first team meeting, say who you are, where are you from, and what position you played? And then something about you and I said you know. I'm Scott Hanson. I'm a walk on lawn snapper from Rochester, Michigan, and I came here because Syracuse has the greatest sports casting program and I want to be the next Bob Costas something like that. And you know they boo all the freshmen. Yeah, you'scharge the introductional teas. So the next practice I go to the sideline and we're running cross fields or whatever, and I ended up right next to woe Check and WoT just to stand it there like nothing was ever good enough for him or whatever.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, let's go, Mike, let's have a day to day.
Speaker 1: And he looks at me and he goes, Hanson, you can take that Bob Costas act and shove it up your ass. That's exactly what he said out the side of his mouth. And I'm like, this kid who's trying to be friends with everybody. I'm like, that's seventeen eighteen year old freshman. I went review. I don't think I ever talked to him again for the rest. I was so scared of him.
Speaker 2: White Check. He he punk you, He used to punk me.
Speaker 1: He tried.
Speaker 2: Everybody wanted people tough.
Speaker 3: I guess is what He tried to punk me until that first offseason came and I said, I to him.
Speaker 1: I didn't stood up to him. I just did. I was first and ever he got so what could he say? He can't say ship to me?
Speaker 2: Now, let's go, Mike, where are you at?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Where are you at? I love Mike. I used to get him cigar. I also got him a bunch of cigars too, so he'd get off my ass. Is that a rookie thing or just that you move taking care of him? He I didn't say anything to him like I I just you know he would you know, rookie me. Yeah, but you know I wanted him to like me. I was. I was very you know kind of I wanted to, you know, so like I would do little things like I'd go get him cigars and ship and he was he was. He was funny kind. Yeah, give him a Google if you're a football fan. He's a guy that almost nobody knows outside of the NFL, but those people who knew him when he was doing I mean the Dallas Cowboys. He was there for all three of their Super Bowls, I believe, and then like you said, three with the three with the Patriots, too.
Speaker 2: So, hey, you want to get back.
Speaker 1: To twenty twenty because because we didn't finish the story Todd Gurley, Gurley, Okay, so wet we were at here's the deal it It could be devastating. So Gurley stops at the one. He tried to stop at the one yard line, but he had too much momentum going forward. Okay, we got the box score here, so he goes in. The Falcons score. But then they're only up by six. They kicked the regular standard extra point. They were up by one. All they needed was a field goal and they could have kneeled on it until four seconds left, called their last time out, kicked the chip shot center of the field, you know field.
Speaker 2: So Stafford gets the ball back with.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much time it was a minute or so, goes down the field and on the last play of the game, was it Cockinson? Okay, hawk, so he must have been a rook year rounder. Yeah, uh, Hockinson scores. He may have been a second year guy. Uh scores an eleven yard pass with zeros on the clock. Stafford Gurley at Stafford's bad man on the fourth course always always, And that's my theory about that's why he's different in the whole West Coast systems. Is that right? Because because because you look at look at look at no, no, no, no, look at all the look at all the production by all these Kyle Shanahan McVeigh quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: You look at Twa, you look at Brock, you look at uh Jordan Love. You look at who's doing well, uh Jared Goff. All these quarterbacks, they're amazing from when they're playing from ahead. The one outlier, and that system is always great because it wants to play from ahead, so you could play to the defense and have your defense pin back. But it's the one that's the most dangerous is the guy. It's the quarterback with the best dropback system that played always from behind for fucking twelve years whatever however long he was in Detroit.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: That's the outlier of the whole thing. And that's really that's the only time that system has won the Super Bowl. Now Andy Reid's in that system, but he's the real Bill Walsh. West Coast doesn't. He's not in the stretch. He rather throw the ball than run the ball. But out of all these we talk about this so much with the Clint kobi Aks and every all these systems have the most production out of that one quarterback, and it makes all these quarterack. Derek Carr looks like he's the best. This guy's the best. This guy got a new life out of this system. Kevin O'Connell and Sam Darnold wait until they have to play from behind. That's when you know if they're a badass dude. And Matthew Stafford had to do his whole career, so he knows how to drop back pass.
Speaker 1: So he's the outlier in that whole thing. And he's also he's toughest nails. He's got an arm that can still to this day, can get it anywhere on the field that you need to. He's seen every scenario that you can. I believe he is the active leader in fourth quarter comebacks. Yeah the album, I mean yeah, every for the two reasons he's every foot And it was Troy he was behind. Yeah, so they scored with no time left, but then they had to kick the extra point. The final score we'll go back to the Lions. Yeah, it was twenty three to twenty two, so they had to It was twenty two twenty two at.
Speaker 2: Double Zero's on the clock with that little kup.
Speaker 1: Who kicked it?
Speaker 2: They got no, no, no, it was Lions.
Speaker 1: Was it was Lions?
Speaker 2: I think Matt Prater was their kicker. Then, uh, yeah it was it was Praterer.
Speaker 1: Uh, they had to kicked it. They got a celebration penalty because they scored with double zeno bar. Then they got a false start penalty or an illegal formation penalty five yards back and or no, no, that it was. They kicked it, it went through and the Falcons tried to jump the snap, so they got a penalty, and so the Lions obviously declined it. But there you go, situational football. If Todd Gurley was able just to hold his water on the one yard line, you wouldn't have had it. Another game that was bananas, unless you want to talk about the Detroit Let's we'll get back into our Witching Hour. Yeah, we'll be right back after this quick break. Let's let's list we have a segment where we go back in time.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, around the time of when this Witching Hour took place, which was October twenty fifth, twenty twenty, and we go over some of the pop culture things.
Speaker 1: Let's go number one movie, come play. Have you ever seen that? What never never heard twenty twenty, twenty twenty, you've seen it? No, Oh, it's just heard of it. Anything that was launched during COVID. Yeah, exactly. It's a lost year in our lives. Number one song mood by twenty four k Golden featuring Ian New York. You're sure if you say so, Snoozer. Tough pop culture time.
Speaker 5: This is a bad time.
Speaker 1: I did so around this time.
Speaker 3: Tenant, The War with Grandpa, hocus Pocus two, which I watched out with my daughter.
Speaker 1: The Witches are back. We're all popping a Witching Hour reference, right, Witching Hour? There you go, Halloween Tenant, Tennant, Yeah, this was weird. That was a weird movie.
Speaker 2: You okay, you're all in. Christopher Nolan can do no as soon as we lose this fucking game.
Speaker 1: Chris or it's Scotty. I've been called Chris Hansoon my whole life. I know, it's fucking crazy thinking of that. Tell me about your screen name on your on your check No, I'm the you got the transcripts? Tenant comes out, we lose this game to the Niners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, I'm pissed and I have like three people in my ecosystem, my best friend, my girlfriend at the time, who was traveling in and out, and anytime they would come and we would hang out.
Speaker 2: Before we could hang out, they'd have to.
Speaker 3: Get COVID tested, oh geez, and then they would sit in a hotel until we got the results and if they were clear, then then they were we were all allowed to hang out, okay.
Speaker 1: So you'd watch movies. So I rented out a movie theater to watch Tenant because I was frid. I always was a huge supporter of JD. Washington, and my girlfriend at the time came and I got COVID, And that's why this was my last game. I got COVID my knee was flaring up. Was that it was that publicly known, what I mean, we thought you had an injury, that I had an injury going I had an injury in this game that was killing me right and that I was continually rehabbing. I tore the root of my meniscus, so like that was tough. But then I got COVID and I I couldn't have any physical therapy for twelve days, and my knee blew up so bad that I couldn't get it back for to get back in and that's tenant.
Speaker 5: How was the movie?
Speaker 2: I couldn't even understand it, That's what I said. I thought you were going to sing the praises of the movie because I.
Speaker 1: Sean Avery was in it. It was an optime, both time slips and stuff like that. I got to rewatch, I got to I supported though Quibi shutting down. I remember that, all right, quick? What was I like for you in twenty twenty? It was hard that the whole that we had to do social distancing. And if you've I mean, you guys do this show here and you've been in some in and around some television control rooms, you are elbow to elbow with people. We had to do social distancing at the network, in the studio, everything else. Oh, I'll tell you how crazy it was. So you know who won the Super Bowl that year, which is obviously back to February, Tom Brading the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I was for a number of years the host and you may may remember this in your super Bowls that you played in. I was the in stadium host for the Super Bowl. In other words, if you were one of the people that had one of the seventy thousand people that got a Super Bowl ticket. When everyone else around the world was watching the infinite commercials, they would put me up on the big screen and I would get some stats facts, maybe do some highlights and stuff in the stadium to fill the time. So I did that for the for the uh Tom Brady Buccaneers Super Bowl, which was played at Raymond James Stadium, which was like a quarter only half so only half full, and they put cardboard cutouts in the stands next to live human beings. They made me this outdoor stadium. They made me wear a mask for appearances. They made me wear a mask. I'm like, I'm I'm outdoors. My my camera folks were twelve feet over here and twelve feet over here. I'm like, there's no human being. No, you go to wear a nest. I broadcashed at the super Bowl, but I was mad. I'm still mad at crazy. We're like, man, it was wild. It was a wild time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy and I don't even my life was lost like that. We all we all stayed home. We we watched Tiger King and football and football, and then when Michael Jordan documentary came out.
Speaker 5: The last day as that and the NFL Draft. That was a good one. NFL Draft from the base, Yeah, where everyone had cancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Lakers beat the Heat in the bubble. In the bubble, which they still had. They still had a parade here in like a makeshift parade. It was not organized, but remember they had a parade in Los Angeles. They were like they were not gonna stop Laker fans from celebrating in the street.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazier for a bunch of guys in the league. That retired Eli Manning. Wow, a keep to lead, which I loved Eli Manning. Hall of Famer or not. Yeah, he's Hall of Fame. Okay, you take down the PAP you take I agree, I agree, But that's a debate among among media types. It's a debate, I know. But he Philip rivers Hall of Famer. Now you see that's the argument. Philip had better stats. Eli had better moments and championships.
Speaker 3: He had the largest moment, like he literally it was David versus Golias to have that win, Dude, greatest I've seen.
Speaker 2: I'm fifty three, you're still a young man. Yeah, I've seen.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: You've obviously gone back in the history books. I've gone back.
Speaker 1: The greatest ball team I have ever seen did not win the Super Bowl because of Eli Manning. That's Hall of Fame right there.
Speaker 2: That Patriots team was the greatest day I have ever seen.
Speaker 1: The Bible. You mention the stats aren't good. The stats aren't good. But who were talking about. We're talking about David. They never have a four thousand season. He said, give me one stone.
Speaker 2: That's all I know. I'm putting it right in the forehead. And he did. David hit Goliath in the forehead.
Speaker 1: We're told decision and and uh and he hit He hit uhr, David Tyree in the in the head with the past holding Yeah it Santa.
Speaker 2: Samuel should have I'm sorry, it's true.
Speaker 1: He knows that. I, like I cannot believe. I still can't believe that team didn't win the Super Bowl. I'm with the greatest team I've ever seen, maybe at any level.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was gnarly. I remember watching it at Kent State.
Speaker 2: What year were you?
Speaker 1: I was like a sophomore junior, Yeah, I had a junie yere. I was like bananas bananas. But the pass rush straight hand and company. They did everything head coach coach Pearce is part of that team. He was Yep that defense straight was in that one straight ye man, ye yeah, looking straight. He's the man.
Speaker 3: Antonio Gates retired the Hall of Famer Keikley Hall of Famer, Hall of Famer, Kent State Washingtonio Gate.
Speaker 1: That's Frank Kent State School slam dunk hall.
Speaker 2: I think I think he gets how many years? Look, he retired early.
Speaker 1: I was on the air, I did the breaking news when he shockingly announceds I'm going to say he played eight years. He was nine years he was and how many twelve to nineteen as a panther. How many Pro Bowls?
Speaker 5: He was eight?
Speaker 1: Seven, seven?
Speaker 2: He was defensive player of the five time defensive rookie year.
Speaker 1: See that's he was the best player at his position for more than four years. Talked with that guy. He's very smart and next level and like never stumbles over his words, like as a crystallized thinker, like he he sees things he's read. Flag on me. Really, you don't stumble over at one word, the red flag. He might be a cyborg.
Speaker 5: That's red flag, key, nothing but green flags.
Speaker 4: Baby, should have thrown a yellow flag on that holding of Gronk in the end zone that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Monday game, that's that Monday Night football. I was there, Bro, fucking bull jumped. Yeah, you watched those years in Gronk And what year was twenty? I was twenty thirteen, the year after the we were talking about, yep, the year after the the Yeah, the year if we had best buddies. But that Yeah, that was your first hundred cats. That's one thousand yard season. That was with Cam Newton in the end zone, Rob, you used to get mauled, bro, Yeah, he never got any calls. And we talk about all the time.
Speaker 3: That's why he did the people's elbow on the one guy because he got hell more time in one play. He was so mad that he didn't get the holy calling people's elbowed Buffalo. I think they threw one if I remember the details of that. They threw one earlier in the game, maybe even earlier in the fourth quarter, and they swallowed the flag.
Speaker 8: I think it was on that exact play they picked out. Yes, yes, that plays called panther. It's called panther. Rob go up to the middle linebacker, they hit him. You ask one hundred neutral football fans p I or not. Ninety nine of them are going to say yes, and the other one needs an eye test.
Speaker 4: John Brink has even in like a sports science on it. The other day they said or not the other day. But a couple of days after that play of Grounks catch Radius, it was insane.
Speaker 1: It was bad. I still can't get over that the d H was announced to both leagues.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Weird? Hated it, hated it, I liked. I like that you see the picture hit sometimes. I grew up watching the Giants San Francisco Giants, so we saw our pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you're a pitcher, pitch clock in baseball, where you're at with the pitchclock.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think it's great for TV, but when you're at the game, it sucks because the games fly. You want to be I remember as a kid, you'd be at the game for three four hours, yeah, praying that your mom wouldn't let you go to school the next time because it was so late. It was crazy. But Fitzgerald retired seventeen season, he was still a player.
Speaker 4: Kyler Murray throwing a Flarry Fitzgerald just seems so weird looking back on it, I don't know, it just seems weird.
Speaker 1: Those two generas generated just wild. Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: Washington became the Washington Football Team, which I think they should be the Washington football team.
Speaker 2: I think that was has he gone on record saying this before?
Speaker 1: I thought that was a cool. Look.
Speaker 3: It's like almost like it's so old school that they don't even have a team name that because that's one of those pivotal organizations that's been around forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they might change it again though, because some people don't like Commanders owner, you know, since the committit. Ye, it's like I just like any give and Sunday like.
Speaker 2: When you know, like you can't get team for real like the Miamis.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: The only thing I didn't like about Washington Football Team w FT is too close to WTF ever bother you Like some people would abbreviate it way and I was like like it, Yeah, I like, I.
Speaker 3: Won't think about with the fudge team. Now, what's your sports Standum? Do you like you growing up? You were all Michigan Detroit Lions. I was so I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit I grew up.
Speaker 1: If you remember the old Pontiac Silver Dome, which is where the Lions used to play. I go back to the Billie Simms days. Wow. So before Barry Sanders, we lived about fifteen to twenty minutes drive from the Silver Dome and my dad used to take me to games. And I love the Lions were my team growing up. To be honest, the Lions right now they're one of thirty two teams like I don't if they if this is the year for them and this is the best team they've had in years, and they're obvious a contender. If they win the Super Bowl, I will be thrilled, But I'll be thrilled for all of my high school buddies who still live and die with the Lions like me. I don't have you know, Honolulu Blue and Silver Pompons or anything like that. I love it that a team that has been traditionally bad for decades is back contention and maybe on top. But the team that had my heart Syracuse Football because I played for four years there, But the Michigan Wolverines. I grew up going to the Big House Julian my first ever football game. Maybe besides like a high school game. My first ever going to a game was walking into the Big House. My dad taking me to ann Arbor and I would go. I went to the stadium and you've ever been inside that Stateum, you've seen it on TV. There's no levels to it. It is one level. It starts at Row one and goes to Row one hundred and thirty or whatever it is. There's no tears, no levels. You walk in. It's like the Colisseum, the biggest stadium in the country. And then when I would go to other stadiums, I'd be like, they don't have a stadium that's one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: This only holds seventy five thousand.
Speaker 1: People got here. So the Wolverines had my heart since I was like a little boy. I watched Jim Harbaugh as a player in college. I watched him quarterback Michigan. That's how far I go back. So I still I still love Michigan football. And then Detroit across the board Tigers. I was at the nineteen eighty four Tigers clinching the World Series game. You weren't even on Earth then, Yeah, Kurt Gibson upper deck home run to clinch it. Against the San Diego Padres nineteen eighty four. Bless you boys.
Speaker 5: What are your thoughts on Coney Island hot Dogs?
Speaker 1: Yeah so Coney Yeah, so you've got different branches. There's a whole subset you would need to go on. American.
Speaker 5: Yes, we just had Kee and Michael Keon. He's a Detroit out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you he was awesome. We gotta get we gotta get Scott on the text.
Speaker 5: Chain the Detroit Falls.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd been honored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we could talk.
Speaker 1: You talk about the celebrity text chain for the Kansas City Chiefs. Okay, who else would go on the the Detroit got kid rock you Gottaeff Daniels, Jeff, We're just talking. Should be on?
Speaker 2: Okay, should be on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Eminem okay, jacculars. Let's let's set the stage for this this king down.
Speaker 4: So usually we go team Verse team this. We're gonna take it a little bit like we did with Laired Hamilton. As you viewers at home, they remember we did Layered versus the Wave. Yes, the big waves get compared to Laired all the time.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's got so much he's got testosterone pheromones and did he say that permones that just make girls go crazy or something justating. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: So in this one, we're gonna do Red Zone, not really versus Week seven, but red Zone in Week seven are going to be treated like our Team one and Team two. So first Red Zone, as you know, hosted by our main man, Scott Hanson, the Sunday Shirp. He guides us through every Sunday airs seven hours commercial free, one pm Eastern to eight pm Eastern. There was also the Direct TV version, yes, the Coke to Pepsi if you will, which still crosses people up. Yeah, you know that whole story. Yeah, tell us what's the story?
Speaker 1: Okay, Sunday Ticket, right, which is the package that you buy now, is through YouTube TV. But if you want to watch, if you're a New England Patriots fan who lives in Los Angeles, you got to watch the Rams games or the Chargers games on local TV. So you buy Sunday Ticket of course to watch all the the if you want to see every snap of the Patriots game. So DirectTV had an exclusive contract. They used to pay the NFL one billion a year for the exclusivity to have Sunday Ticket, and then you had to get direct TV was the only way you could get Sunday ticket, so it was their business model. Well, they started, I'm not sure what year. I think it was two thousand and seven. Maybe they started a thing called the Red Zone Channel, which was basically the same show and touchdown, whip around show and everything. And Andrew Siciliano, another Syracuse grade, he hosted that. So the NFL. When the NFL decided they wanted to start NFL Red Zone, it was because it was business driven. The cable companies were saying, hey, we don't want to take NFL Network and put it on basic cable because you guys don't have any games. This is before Thursday Night football. They said, give us like Comcast or Time Warner. The big cable companies said give us Sunday ticket and we can sell that to our customers. And they said, boys and girls, Direct TV pays us one bill with a B for the exclusivity of that. So they had this tension. So Steve Bornstein, who was a long Hall of Fame television executive, sports TV executive, he ran, He ran ESPN in the nineties, he founded NFL Network. When the NFL owners decided they wanted it. He was president of NFL Network at the time, and he said, tell you what to Comcast, Time Warner and all these cable companies. We're not going to give you Sunday ticket. But what if we develop a channel that will not show you every snap of every game, but show you every touchdown from every game, every great moment of every game, every pivotal you know, everything that's that's crucial. We'll do it commercial free. Will give this to you. You can sell this to your customers in lieu of Sunday ticket, but you got to take NFL Network and put it on your basic cable, which just prints money from the subscription fee. And in two thousand and nine, two or three of the big cable company said, if you do it, we'll do it. That's how NFL Red Zone became, and I got named the original host, but DirecTV was doing theirs. So some people still think that Andrew Ciciliano hosts Red Zone. So which one's pepsi and which one's coke.
Speaker 2: That's for the that's for the consumer to decide.
Speaker 1: I will say this.
Speaker 2: I will say this, the Red Zone channel, the Red Zone Channel doesn't exist anymore. So yeah, I'm just saying, I mean, I mean, if you like a cola, there's only one choice right now, the official I'm just saying.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I love Andrew. The folks at direct TV. They did an awesome job with it. It's like business is business, and uh, you know, you got a new businesses business big. There were people on a much higher pay grade than you and I that were making those calls. But I'm still thankful that that I get to be the touchdown baby. Yeah, did you did you guys.
Speaker 4: Ever talk like while you're on these parallel paths, Like, do you guys ever talk or compare anythings?
Speaker 1: You know, He's the only other person on the planet who really knows what it is like. And and I love Andrew as a broadcaster. He's he's doing the Cleveland Browns games right now this season. He got the radio job for the Cleveland Browns. We would text each other every once in a while. When when I was up for the hosting role for NFL Red Zone, I called him and just said hey, Andrew, because we knew each other from Syracuse and I called him, I said, hey, what are some of the things that I might want to think about? And everything is you can imagine like being thrust into seven hours no commercials. There's not only no football show like it, there's no television show like NFL Red Zone where it's a single voice ad libbed for seven straight hours. And he was gracious and gave me some thoughts and whatnot. But there was also the tension I suppose between you know it, you could respect another wide receiver's game, but you thought you were the best wide receiver when you were at the peak of your powers, right, yeah, so it, Yeah, there's a respect, Oh, definitely respect. But if it if it was like his face off, if Tom Brady needed someone to catch something, you were the only man he should look at. On Scott saying, so if the NFL needed something to perform at the highest level, I was like, I'll rip the cover off the ball, put me, put me in coach. Look at Scott a little dog.
Speaker 2: I was a scrub football player.
Speaker 1: No. I decided that with when I got into my career, no one was going to outwork me, no one was out going to out hustle me, and I was going to find a way to be the best that I could possibly be.
Speaker 2: And that's the truth.
Speaker 1: That's the way I would recommend anybody should approach whatever their walk of life is, save it. Heck, yes, take us through how you got the job?
Speaker 2: How do you get this?
Speaker 1: How do you how do you interview? For okay, the red zone? Like that's crazy? So what like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I was at the time two thousand, summer of two thousand and nine, when the world had yet the NFL world had yet to be changed by the presence of Julian Edelman on an NFL field. I had heard that we were starting I had heard that, you know, in the hallways of NFL Network, that we were starting this, you know, NFL Red Zone. And I was a roving reporter at the time, so they used to send me to interview guys at games or practices and do like stand ups on the sideline and that type of thing. But I knew I wanted to be in studio. I like, as a wide receiver, you know what your best routes are, you know what your best approach, you can do them all. And I feel like I can do live reports, I can do interviews. I could, but put me in as an anchor, as a man who is the studio host that is overseeing everything. That's where I want to be. So I called the powers that be at the network. I said, is it true we're starting this NFL Red Zone? They said yep. I said, who you got to host it? They said, well, we're looking at a few people. I said, is my name on the list? They said, yeah, your name is on the list. And I said, what do I got to do? I want this because I will crush it if you guys put I called it and they said, well, we got to do an audition. Now you need to know that an audition for television typically is ten to fifteen minutes long. They put you up on the set, they mike you up, They want to see how you look, how you sound when you're looking into the camera. They maybe bring another co host up to see if you can handle some cross talk between the two of you.
Speaker 2: But that's it, right.
Speaker 1: But because seven hours commercial free football stamina is part of the game, the audition for NFL Red Zone, it's not fifteen minutes. It was five hours, long hours, five hour This was like in June of two thousand and nine. They took eight random games from the previous season. They put them, they queued them all up to the kickoff of the game. They hit play simultaneously on eight different games and said talk broadcasted. Jesus it was it was intimidate, dude. I flopped sweat. I had a suit on. I flopped sweated right through the suit. I was trying to keep up. I'm like, okay, because I didn't have like I didn't have rosters and stuff in front of me, because it was it was previous games. It wasn't like it was live in the moment. You had no live stats from the internet or anything else like that. So we went for the five hours. At the end, I remember thinking I either got this job or I just embarrassed myself.
Speaker 2: As bad as I could ever be embarrassed. I had no idea what in between the two.
Speaker 1: A few weeks later, maybe about two three weeks later, I get a call from the executive producer at NFL Network and he said, Scott, just want to let you know we want to offer you the hosting role of NFL. I was like, oh, Eric, that's awesome, I said, I said, so you watch the five hour audition, he said, Scott. I watched the first ten minutes of it, and I knew you were my guy, And I was like, oh, thanks, that's great. And in my mind, I'm thinking, why in the you have me do five hours ruin a perfectly good suit and all of this. The suit I sweated right through it. I didn't ruin it, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean, yes, of course it took Wait how far are we in? It took him this long to bring up the pee?
Speaker 1: That's what this long? You know we had a fire alarm a couple of year. You'll don't leave, dude. A soldier does not leave his post. You can't.
Speaker 2: He is a Foxhole guy Foxhole.
Speaker 5: Do you know who else auditioned?
Speaker 2: I do you know what I do know? Do you know the name Paul Burmeister?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 2: He is a sportscaster at NBC Sports.
Speaker 1: Paul. He did notre Dame games for a while. He's done. He's a great uh like Swiss army knife broadcaster. Burmeister used to be in anchor at NFL Network at the time. I'm ninety percent sure he did and the other ones. I gotta be honest, I don't. I don't know. I need to find that out now. Worried about the competition, it's it's exactly. I worry about what I can control. Really, what you can control Kyler what I'm saying, and'll be counting other people's pennies. When when a new season would begin, let me ask you this, When a new season would begin and there was undoubtedly you know, one or two new faces in and around the wide receiver room, how how much are you checking them out in the first few drills and routes and everything else. I saw everything before they even got on the field. You you were, you were, you were watching their college to watch he come up in my room. Give it to me, tell me you gotta, I gotta, I gotta know what you're about. So any draft pick, any free agent sign, you were looking at him? Yeah, watch, and this is when you're already a star, or this is when you're.
Speaker 3: Up and coming, when I was up and conning, You're you're looking just because you wanted to see who you got to be better? Then yeah, and then at the other you know, by the you know, when it transitioned to I knew I was gonna be there, It was more of like, who can help us?
Speaker 1: What's his strengths? What are the things I can help him with? Are you the reason that every single Foxborough faithful thinks the next time they get a not tall, white wide receiver. He's going to be one hundred catches and a thousand yards because Welker was there, and then you came, and then they think, okay, well Chris Hogan is gonna be the next Pro Bowl wide receiver.
Speaker 2: And who else did they have?
Speaker 1: Just roll out of the guy with a certain body type and a certain pig mentation.
Speaker 2: That looks like he could be nice.
Speaker 1: We're doue.
Speaker 2: There's no weird.
Speaker 1: We're new. There's got to be another one, you know. Coop's a little hurt right now.
Speaker 3: There's always there's a feelings getting a little older up there.
Speaker 1: There's always go back to let's let's circle back to to the late window packet. Let's go back to that Patriots game. The Patriots note Patriots forty nine. Look at my bottom right fact Tooy Welker SF coach. So I just had written. Now, hey, by the way, Wes Welker retired me.
Speaker 2: Did you remember that he was at that game?
Speaker 1: Well? You didn't.
Speaker 2: He's he's been a position coach. I know, yeah, Dolphins, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I knew he did. I knew maybe like after, but I didn't remember until now until I just saw that. Yeah, yeah, he retired me. Yeah, and these are the type of things that I put in my visit, I put in my I mean, these are great little anetopes. And you know what, sometimes I get mad sometimes of I have a really good one and it doesn't the situation doesn't call for it. And I'm like, like, if you knew you had a play that was a touchdown and for whatever reason, you didn't get to it on the play sheet, you gotta be a little hacked off. Yeah, you are, but then you get to save it for the next time. Okay, I suppose unless you thought, unless you thought it was only against the Ravens, we could score a touchdown on this because they play this a certain way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's gonna, there's gonna there's always gonna be another situation where you know, you play against you know, another Ryan who has that Ravens system, that you're gonna have that second look eventually against that specific situation. Yeah, you know, you never as long as you got the win, you were never mad that of course you didn't call a play or a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Play. Yeah, you sit back, but you're like you would go and remind the guy, you know, the play caller, Tom Hey, we didn't. We didn't.
Speaker 3: We didn't cover this one. So hey back pocket, Yeah that's back to school. Yeah, what makes for a great Red Zone production? Ooh, because I saw the early raps at the beginning. It was just like three of you guys right that were doing it at the very very beginning. Well, you may have only seen a few of them.
Speaker 1: Like I know, how big is the team? About thirty people give or take in the twenties up to thirty. Isn't always thirty? When it started getting big Now, it started getting bigger when we started making money. When it was proven that whoa, this is a big, big money maker, we got some more resources. To answer your question. You know how I grade things, I do it two ways. Live in the moment, because you gotta understand, i am standing up for most of the show, and I'm standing in front of a wall of monitors.
Speaker 2: So I see what you see at home. I've got a whole monitor.
Speaker 1: It's called the program monitor, meaning this is what the Football World and Red Zone is broadcast all over the world, every continent and every country with an Internet signal can get it. So I see what everyone sees at home. But I also get to see what you don't see. So I'm I'm taking mental notes of Okay, we didn't show that, we did show that, we didn't show that, and if we blend it together, it's like shuffling a deck of cards. If you don't know what you're doing, they can go flying all over the place and it can be ugly. But if it's smooth and it's tight, and it's like, oh man, this happened.
Speaker 2: This happened.
Speaker 1: This happened in real time, and our audience saw it within fifteen seconds of each other. Ah, dude, that jacks me up. That is awesome. You got someone in your ear? Oh yeah, yeah, Like there's constant stimulation in my ear for seven straight hours. I hear the announcers of the games that are at the games, and then I hear my I can hear my producer, my director, my coordinating producer. Other people can talk to me. They try and limit how many people are talking to me because I've got to be speaking the whole time. Yeah, it's wild. And when I pop that ear piece, I have to balance myself on that desk that you see there because it's my equilibrium is off because it's been I'm going to go deafen this year. At some point, you.
Speaker 5: Don't change it up.
Speaker 1: You don't go because I ever ear pieces every other show. You know, Scott, I got it. I got a couple of your pieces.
Speaker 2: You got your molds, you got your molds, molds.
Speaker 1: You know. We only do an hour, but it's not seven. That's like that's like a Jedi getting a lightsaber. It's yours.
Speaker 2: You know, it's your particular.
Speaker 1: Do you get ear wax problems because of it?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's different ways of cleaning them and stuff like that paper clip? Undo a paper clip if you I mean before the show that.
Speaker 3: But I swear ever since I started putting things in my ear, like ear pieces, I make more wax or something, so I my ears, I get. I've never had problems in my ears until I started putting ship in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's not Yeah, it's not natural to do that, but it's my ear gets.
Speaker 1: Plugged every once in a while. I got to go to see my doctor. Dude, you should act shout out Schnittman, always cleaning my damn ear. Schnit Man.
Speaker 2: Is he taking new patients? Maybe I should go.
Speaker 1: He's a great ear here, guys down on Beverly Hills. Go check him out book put them on the text thread. I will will. Yeah. So anyways, I do every other show in my right ear because I'm like, well, I might as well balance out how I'm going deaf this year for seven hours.
Speaker 2: But whatever, I'm no hero. I'm no hero, Jillian.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's a sacrifice on my body for your entertainment, for your enjoyment. You entertain a lot, Jackie. Let's let's get into these games. So we we talked a lot earlier about the witch.
Speaker 5: I need I need to ask you about the octobox. Yeah, just tell me about how did you get it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Did you come up with it? And here here it is. The reason was this. I knew from before show one. I said, if we execute this concept seven hours commercial free football, we can go anywhere in the NFL universe anytime we feel like it. I said, if we execute this, well, this is going to be the most popular football show on television. I knew that in my head. And that's not revisionist history, I'm telling you. In fact, I called it out. I don't know if you have the clip on YouTube or not. I don't know. Me I like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, No, this was not revision, it's history. I was saying it in the moment.
Speaker 1: So I came on the first on camera time I ever came on the first episode September two thousand and nine. I said, welcome to NFL Red Zone, the channel that we hope will change the way you watch football forever. And if you did, I was, I was. That may have seemed like bomb basted me. It seemed like I was Babe Ruth pointing out to center field before the wind up. But I felt that way, and there's not a day that goes by when someone doesn't tell me. So with that in mind, I said, I need, I need to come up with something that gives the fans, not just like we're a remote control. Some people describe it as it's as if you're watching TV with God and he's holding the remote control. It's blasphemous, but you understand the point. Sure, we always know, we always know where to go to and when to go. I thought that was a fact. Yeah it Lord, thank you for the Red Zone. So when we were starting it, I'm like, we got to have like some type of a if it's a big game. I like making things feel big, and I want you to feel like Red Zone when it's Sunday at one o'clock Eastern or ten am Pacific and you're sitting down, you got your snacks, your beverages, your fantasy lineup is set, and you want a rock and roll with Uncle Scott for seven straight hours.
Speaker 2: I want you to make it. I want you to feel how big it is.
Speaker 1: We have eight games of the highly most highly skilled trained athletes on the planet are going at it simultaneously and it's all gonna lead to wins and losses at three hours from now.
Speaker 2: Big like it's big.
Speaker 1: So when you go to a big game, when you played on Monday night football, the first thing before the kickoff ever happened. If you watch it on TV, what do they do?
Speaker 5: They do that.
Speaker 1: They have their open and we have that, but they show the first visual live from the stadium is the blimp shot. Right, every big game is a blimp shot. Good years, it's you go over the top, you know, M and T Banks Stadium sight of today's Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots.
Speaker 2: To show it big.
Speaker 1: You can't see anything individually there necessarily, but it just gives that feel and the announcer gets that growl in his voice and stuff. So I said, we need to come up with NFL red zones version of the blimp shot, an overarching big picture view. And I said, guys, why don't we just take if we've got eight games, why don't we just take eight games divided into eight boxes and put them on there just to show for ten seconds, show people we're watching everything, and you're going to see every individual thing in here, but we've got it covered like a blimp shot. Psychologically, it gives you that that feel, right, So I said, do it this, and I came up with It's not that I came up with the term box, double box, triple box. Those were television industry terms for years, but no one really used it. The octoper on on TV, and I'm like, well, why not. People can understand if we call it. If we call it a double box. Back in the nineties, we used to call two screens in television. We would call it a double box, but the anchor would never say that. I said through that I'm gonna I'm gonna call it what it is. Let's go double box right now, Let's go quad box, Ladies and gentlemen. The octobox eight games kicking off across the National Football League three Division games in Atlanta, in New England, and in Miami, you know. And then of course the next catchphrase the seven hours of commercial free football start now. And I did that to make it my Chris Berman back back back, back, back, back gone. You know, he could go all the way, as like, I got to come up with my own catchphrase so that quite frankly, I want to be indispensable on the show to think that. I don't want anyone, you know, in certain corner offices to think, you know, let's get rid of handsome. And it was, you know, go, So I put my own twist on it. But Octobox was a creation based on my site, The logical view of a of a blimp shot for an individual. Uncle Scott, Uncle Scottie, and my nephew Tyler Hanson, freshman at Boston College, is watching this right we.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, he's turning it around. That guy's that guy wins.
Speaker 1: He's a good I saw, you know what. I saw that episode and and I saw that he wouldn't go a couple of places because he's still representing a program.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't go a couple of places that you wanted.
Speaker 1: Him to go. He's not gonna go at Pope to send him some money. Money, baby, lord, you gotta use what you gotta use right, pay the dues or you lose.
Speaker 2: So was that your Is that your your?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was your octobox, your red zone schematic question. Yeah. And then the Witching hours the other one that people want to know about. Should we get right into it?
Speaker 2: He was choice.
Speaker 1: Over here. Let sco high level real quick.
Speaker 4: So in week seven Scott mentioned this earlier. We got seven games in the early window, some notable ones. Pittsburgh, Tennessee. Big Ben comes in there undefeated, into Nashville, throws three picks, still escapes with a win. Steve Steve o missed that forty five yard they would have tied.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 5: Hated to see that. That's Goskowski on the Titans.
Speaker 1: That you're wild.
Speaker 2: Wow, God, that's right. That's when they were the New England Titans.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Patriots Butler Malcolm Butler, Gryan obviously for.
Speaker 4: Ablel Wollen Rabes, Aaron Rodgers went out there and threw four touchdowns. The Monte Adams one hundred ninety six yards, receiving two Tuddies in a Packers in Houston rolling thirty five twenty.
Speaker 1: We got a couple of witching hours in this this early slate. We'll get to those later.
Speaker 4: H there was a classic Owen six or Owen seven Jets matchup against Buffalo that was Arnold versus Allen.
Speaker 1: Uh Alan ranfs.
Speaker 2: Yet scored a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Good job job ru for three oh seven. Josh was bawling. Then we moved into the late window. We got four games here.
Speaker 4: That was the Niners Pats game we spoke about earlier, the worst home loss of the Belichick era, thirty three to six. Hated to see that Jimmy g versus Cam That was a wild one. Brady down there in Tampa, they rolled New Orleans, or I mean, excuse me, they rolled Vegas.
Speaker 1: You thought New Orleans because it's Derek Carr. I did, Oh my god, there is a lot of my mind's going crazy over here.
Speaker 4: And then we had rookie Justin Herbert versus Gardner Minshew and a Jacksonville versus La clash eight offensive tds in this one.
Speaker 1: I hope you had the over, uh.
Speaker 4: And then the game that got flexed to Sunday night ended up being kind of one of the craziest Seattle at Arizona.
Speaker 1: An overtime thriller. The DK.
Speaker 5: Was that the Buddha Baker like random down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that was when he had a sick would have been a game winning touched on it in overtime, called back with a holding hold on the screen. Third and ten. Kyler had three hundred and sixty passing yards and he had sixty seven rushing yards in that overtime win. Yeah, Russ had three hundred and eighty nine yards passing incredible eighty eight. Yeah, one of our wildest games of the day. That was that was Sunday night football. And then we move into the Witching hour. Oh yeah, we touched on it earlier. Now, can we get we move in, Ladies and gentlemen, it's the witching hour when wins become losses and losses become wins. Buckle up. I'm told. I am told that there are text threads around the world that say they alert each other. Scott just called it the witching hour, just like just in other words, if you're doing laundry on Sunday, you're walking around the house and you've got it on in the background since your butt down. It's time to pay full attention. Uncles. And I'm not talking Uncle Sam. We're talking about Uncle Scott. It's like coming. It's like when that that amber alert comes to your phone and it's vibrating. Yeah right, well, earthquake, hurricane, we went to amber out. Sorry, you tell me when it never delivers because it always was. It always Oh what determines it actually witchy? Now? Well what I what I kind of thought was when you get to the time when we call it, we don't. There's not a like a oh it's wristwatch this time, this time, it's a feel we we I'm always looking the other thing I have the benefit of in the studio. I have the scoreboard up. We have one macro. We put it up on TV every once in a while, like I'll say, eight games going on across the league, and you'll see the scores. Every one of those scores is tapped into the computerized into the actual scoreboard at Foxborough. It's it's synchronized there, so I see real time exactly. You know where where it is when we get if we have an eight game early window, when three of them or four of them hit the fourth quarter, end of the third I'm like, guys, we better call it the Witching Hour here in a second, because you're gonna get you know, a fourth quarter will take forty five minutes to sixty minutes to play, and some of the other games are still in the third quarter. And it just it's by a feel. You just do it by feel. It's always when about half of the games are getting to the end of the third quarter. Yea. And of course it depends on how many incomplete passes there are, how many injuries, how many flags. Some games go faster than others, of course, but yeah, it's a feel. There's never like, oh, it's you know, three oh five, it's time to call it the Witching hour. Well, what makes it a great witching hour? Chaos? Chaos Like it's it's when it's a silly little catchphrase, when wins become losses, losses become wins when I call it the Witching hour. This Sunday, I'm telling you take a screenshot of your television when I call it, because it'll the scoreboard will be up there, it'll change, and you take a screenshot at the end of it, and you watch the bananas stuff, and it's like it's stuff that just shouldn't happen. I mean, fourth quarter keisters get tight man in a fourth quarter sometimes. Now, did you ever think calling it wizard hour? Like a wizard Well, the Witching Hour is like a colloquialism in the English language. So it's like, although probably has some demonic and it probably has some demonic connotations which I don't want to, you know whatever, but like it's witching hours, like the bizarre, the weird stuff, the wild stuff, the unexpected happens, and I'm like, okay, that kind of has a ring pin does By the way, other people claim that they that I stole it from them. Do you know Mike Francessa Do you know that name? So, Mike Francessa is U in New York, famous long time mom sports probably that too, Gems.
Speaker 2: He was he was the BOOKI in uncut Gems, famous sports talk.
Speaker 1: Radio host okay in New York for years, and he's doesn't have his fastball, I don't think anymore. But anyway, he when when I started calling it the Witching Hour, and everyone started, you know, saying, oh, Scott Hansen in the Witching Hour and red Zone is the greatest, he went on a thing on his show, and it was like, ah, yeah, you didn't. I can't do it, francessa. But he's got big, thick New York asset, right, you know, he thinks he knows everything.
Speaker 2: He's like, I used to call it.
Speaker 1: He used to work like as a behind the scenes guy on NFL Today Back with Brent Musburger and Jimmy the Greek.
Speaker 2: If you ever heard that, Jimmy, it was before your time. But but you guys might know.
Speaker 1: He says. They used to call it the Witching Hour, not on television, which that's why I'm I'm exempt from it because I never heard any sports guy say it before. I'm not denying that they may have called it that, but they called it that behind the scenes when they weren't on the air and they were just watching the games in the studio like you do, right, you do the pregame and whatnot, and you just watch the games, he says, during that portion when their MIC's were off and everything, they used to be like, oh, it's it's the Witching Hour, you know. That's how Frances sounds and so, which is fine. I don't I don't debate that, but don't act like I stole it, like I was supposed to know. You and your buddies used to call it that. Look, they just didn't like, they didn't it's success, Melcrow, you know this one. Success has a million mothers and failure is an orphan yep wise And so yeah, do you remember your first because I didn't call it that from week got week one, I'm pretty sure I think we did the octobox from week one. I used to just say, you know, this time, when it's the end of the third quarter, these games get bananas and it's so much fun, and I'm like, it happens in a sixty minutes of riskwatch time. I'm like, this is the greatest hour in sports television. It used to be like when you have March Madness, the first day of March Madness, and they used to synchronize all the tip offs. They don't, they stagger him now, But when they used to synchronize our games, you could get three buzzer beaters within two minutes and it was awesome and that would have been a candidate for like the best hour in sports TV. And some people think whatever, maybe the you know, the final three holes of the Masters in a Tiger versus phill situation might be the best hour in sports TV. Well, we've got it every single week. I don't need a championship necessarily to be one in that moment.
Speaker 2: It's every single week.
Speaker 1: You can guarantee you can set your wristwatch by it that the NFL's early window sure will deliver jaw dropping moments and you don't know where, you don't know which game, you don't know which players, but you know it's gonna happen. So it was probably a couple few years in the NFL Red Zones existence that I said, let me, let's call it the Witching Hour. And then our coordinating producer Alan Flowers Flow shout out to my guy Flow. He'd surprised me one day with that graphic. He didn't tell me he had the doll doll like the Undertaker, like the noise and whatnot. And now that it's October they put a witch's cackle in there and October yeah, I mean yeah, right, So who makes the call that it's actual witching out? Like I said, we we talk when my microphone is clipped. I'll say, hey, guys, you know we got two games in the fourth quarter. They'll say it's an eight game early window. We got two in the fourth quarter. If we get one or two more into the fourth quarter, we need to call it the witches. And you're muted talking to I'm muted talking.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anytime you don't hear me talking, you can assume that I am having conversations talking with Yes, it's like coach to quarterback communication system. Yeah, like it cuts off at times, but you could you could go except ours of course is two ways more of the head coach with all the coordinators. Oh, that's probably a better Yeah, because the head coach has override. He can override everyone. He can talk on certain one. I met you.
Speaker 2: People don't know that. Explain that to people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the head coach can talk to every single coach can hit a button, but not every coach can talk to the head coach.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: There's there's certain channels that they have. They'll have like a secret channel and like they'll hit and now you were emergency QB. I was so you practiced with the green dot every once in a while. No, but you you obviously fished at some point if you had to go in. Huh, you must have tried it at least once yeah, the year would into you in case you had to go in when Jimmy g got hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Kobett came in and Jacoby Brissette broke his thumb.
Speaker 1: Yes, that week four I practiced with the green dot.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've heard.
Speaker 1: It, I've heard, yeah, but it cuts off at fifteen. Yes, yeah, although do you know something about that? That's at least unless they changed it when that first system was developed. I talked to someone that's not automated. There's literally a human being pressing and they're supposed to take their finger off a button and it's like a neutral, supposedly neutral person up in the press box. Now, they probably have automated it, but I guarantee when I was a roving reporter sixteen seventeen years ago, I spoke to the guy who did it at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. He's like, I'm the guy. I have all up my whole job. The whole game is this.
Speaker 2: I pressed the.
Speaker 1: Button down, which means that it can hear O see two quarterback is live and I just watched the play clock and when it gets down to fifteen, I'm supposed to take my finger off and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Well, bro, every once in a while, you must.
Speaker 1: You must either you know that guy's not what's to say that guy's not a he lives in Tampa, he's not a Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: Really, like, I want to give why because you think like Kevin O'Connor.
Speaker 3: Remember he was calling plays for Dobbs, like telling him where to go while he was playing and stuff.
Speaker 1: I gotta think it's automated now, but I know for a fact that it was, at least in that stadium in that time, it was a It was a finger button from a neutral human being. Wow, what of them? Yeah? That's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, can you describe your perfect like design, your perfect witching hour?
Speaker 1: Every game's in contention? Yes, eight games, eight games a full octobox worth October eight games and all eight one possession games because you know you'll have a thirty five to ten game in the fourth quarter. And what we say offline is, hey, the Patriots game is touchdown only, Like it's a twenty five point difference between the teams in the fourth quarter. We know who's going to win that game. But if the Patriots score another touchdown, will will show that. But it's touchdown only if their first and goal from the eight. We're not cutting to that game right now. If they score a touchdown, will show it afterwards, but it's not critical to see it live. The game's thirty five to ten, So a perfect witching hour. Eight games going on across the National Football League, all eight of them one possession games eight points or less, and all eight of them with less than five minutes left to go. Bring it and bring it, bring it and then and then I want each team to score.
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for the team with.
Speaker 1: The football overs. We want over over over if you're fine, but just touchdown, and then this quarterback answers with a touchdown, and then this quarterback answers with a touchdown.
Speaker 2: And maybe somebody maybe a block pun in there. They throw a block pun in there.
Speaker 3: Throw it a special team like, hey, Scott, we just had a block punt there.
Speaker 1: Touchdown. Well, so you're talking to a I told you I was a long snapper in college special teams. All the iterations of special teams, I try to I tried to stay up on everything.
Speaker 2: We had a drop kick on sidekick. How rare is that a drop kick on side kick?
Speaker 1: And I sat in the safety that didn't land in the correct landing zone, including a muff recovered for a touchdown, which is extremely rare because you can't you can't advance a muff. It has to go in the end zone. You have to cover it. But if you muff a punt to get it into the end zone, either someone needs to kick it or you're fielding that sucker inside the five yard line, which is usually unless it's a gray area punt, meaning meaning if if it's a plus fifty punt, the coverage team.
Speaker 2: They might be able to catch it themselves.
Speaker 3: I housed a ninety four yard return because it was a gray area punt where they were play their own territory. But it's close enough where they could get it there to like that inside the five.
Speaker 1: But if the cushion's big enough, oh, I see, if the gunners haven't gotten yet where they're in your territory, interesting, you're never gonna have an opportunity unless they really overrun you. I love it.
Speaker 3: But if it's a gray area peat, which is like you're forty yep, the other team's forty. You know, that's when you get those potential take from the five.
Speaker 1: But you had better be right. You're the only human being in the stadium who could make that call. You get the only one. Yeah, did you ever you ever get a little over aggressive? And Bill had words with I didn't fair catcher like four years No, but I mean over aggressive, meaning not not fair catching. You know when you should have and you got blasted, that's on you. But fair catch where you got blasted inside the five yard line and Bill ripped you a new one. I got. Yeah, I did it once. Because he doesn't care if you if you don't fair catching, you get tackled at the twenty two smacked by the gunner. Yeap that he doesn't care about that as long as you hold out of the football. But he does care if you start the offense of the five yard line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that also gets taken away. I housed one. Okay, from the six you get you get some capital. I get capital, you know what I mean? So after that, you get greenlight. It's kind of like the little stud those calves get up and down. That that that fast up and down. It's kind of like when you were in little league and you were the one kid who could steal bases without a signal.
Speaker 2: Oh, like, do you Julia, do you Keith Krushane.
Speaker 1: All right, p is my little coach jack this thing with the witching hour ten lead changes.
Speaker 4: Uh, we go to Sincy for this game the crazy one five lead changes alone. So that's doing a lot of the heavy lifting for these these witching hour lead changes.
Speaker 1: Baker making a fourth quarter touch down fourth quarter of the Browns Bengals game. Look at the fourth quarter scoring. I bet you the Browns they're they're wishing they used to they had that right now.
Speaker 4: Since he goes up thirty four to thirty one with a minute and eight seconds left, that's plenty of time for Baker to go five plays, seventy five yards just fifty five seconds, finds down to Bean Peoples Jones for the game winner, classic Baker Cleveland moment. Then down in Atlanta, we talked about that game a little bit, the infamous Todd Gurley accidental and.
Speaker 1: It was a ten yard run. It wasn't like he ranged from the three to into the end. Yeah, he had ten yards to be like, dude, throttle it down. You can see him think about it in the run, where're like He's like, oh shit, I gotta get down.
Speaker 4: The photo is just hilarious of him laying slightly over the goal line and all the Lions players putting their hands up like he's scored, licking it.
Speaker 1: I remember we walked that.
Speaker 3: We watched that this year right after this happened, because Bill would always take situations from the scross the league just to coach it, you know, like, hey, guys, this is why we call this situation because this can happen.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's about winning the game, not winning the stats, ayman.
Speaker 4: And just to set the situation up for the viewers at home, Atlanta was trailing sixteen to fourteen with about a minute eight seconds left. Just got to ice the game, as Scott mentioned earlier, just got to get down to the one get your kicker enough time Detroit only on one time out left. Yeah, so you're good there, but he gets in there. Unfortunately, then they go for two, get the two point conversion. Go from trailing sixteen to fourteen to now up twenty two. That dan Quinn, twenty two to sixteen.
Speaker 1: Sorry, uh I think so.
Speaker 3: I hope we don't see that this year at the Commanders, I know, hope because they're getting some leads now, dude, they're getting leads and come on, there Quinn.
Speaker 1: He said he learned from his experience. Full yeah right, he learned from his experience. Don't make the same mistake twice.
Speaker 4: But Alla Baker Stafford only needs a minute in four seconds to go down the field.
Speaker 1: Big play to Dola, big play to Kenny Galladay, and awesome walk off the Hockins. Yeah, second year hockey.
Speaker 2: Who's a Viking.
Speaker 1: Now, it's crazy that he went in division. He should be coming back from injury soon too. The next couple of weeks. That was a shame that his a cl love watching him was a cl It was a knee. I don't know al it was late last year. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the last star of our witching hour down there in New Orleans, one of those classic Teddy Bridgewater Drew Brees gloves. That was a twenty seven to twenty four win. Will let's field go with seventeen. Who is the quarterback for the Panthers? It was Teddy Bridgewater And who is the quarterback for the Saints, Drew Brees. Yeah, Breeze, Breeze was still there one of those.
Speaker 1: By the way, we have a still photo of Breeze on a quarterback sneak over the team. I love doing that. No, he that was his move. But TB twelve was the greatest. What what made him so good at it? Brady was I mean obviously basically gifted. I mean he's a tall guy. You could say that he's got some strength, but he just knew exactly where the soft spot was gonna be because he would read if he would go submarine, he would go over the top, he would go left, he would go right. I think it was a team thing with with all our centers, with Andrew's store, Conley, sure, all our guards like they they knew they had a great formula.
Speaker 3: Where like I remember Scarniko always us to say, when our quarterbacks in the jaws death, that's what he used to call the quarterback sneak.
Speaker 1: The jaws of death, you fucking guys better protect him. Like it was it was all be moving forward. You gotta move forward.
Speaker 3: And he would always just sit with the gap and it was like, uh, he had free reign to do it at any time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like tap on the butter or whatever first sound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a lot of those as well. Where are you at on uh on, push push, brotherly shoves, learn how to stop? Amen. We got he's gotta learn to stop it. You can't take that playout, yep, especially because no one else in the league runs it as effectively as they do. If everyone was doing it, it's like, okay, wait, the game is getting out of control here, we might need to tighten this down.
Speaker 2: No, they do it special, and.
Speaker 1: They've been stopped. They have been they have been stopped. They got a couple of neat counters off of it too, Yeah, some of those they got the guys little.
Speaker 2: Cross, a little little wing hand off, whatever.
Speaker 1: You call it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's that's football. Yeah, keep going, Jack, Okay, yep.
Speaker 1: Oh. And then finally down there in New Orleans, we talked about a seven a field goal from will Us with seventeen seven sixteen left in the game would prove to be the game winner twenty seven to twenty four, but Joey's sly lined up for a sixty five yarder just over two minutes left. Joe Joey midleg. But you had a big one last week against San Francois.
Speaker 2: He had a sixty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sixty three, which was the old NFL record. How crazy is the kicking off topic right now? Dude? It is it's solos fifty five plus more. They're more accurate than they are. They get heady with the the forties to the fifty twos. I've got it over here. I'm sure I've got I mean the fifty fifty plus yarders, like literally, I like I said anything. Going into last week, we had Kayimi fairbarn was six of seven from fifty plus. Brandon Aubrey was five of five from fifty plus, including a sixty five yarder that he hit. I think Aubrey's best kicker in the game. I think he's passed justin just season hickups. He's got a couple of bees right now, yep, yep. But I mean they're insane, these guys arters.
Speaker 5: It's like even the college guys are like knocking home.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of good college kickers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, that's what happens. And you got img yeah right down there training. These kids are twelve years old pro kickers. Like, that's good living. You can if you can last in the league twelve to fifteen years as a kicker, that's good living. It's good living.
Speaker 4: It is right now.
Speaker 1: They make what's the highest guy make probably like six mil seven million. Yeah, I think Bucker signed a contract in the off season and is the highest paid kicker. Yeah, of course, Jackie, yep, you wanted to run through this aftermath. Yes, our witching Hour teams will focus on those guys. Cleveland would make the playoffs at eleven and five.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati would finished four and eleven in burrows rookie season.
Speaker 1: New Orleans were going to win the NFC South at twelve and four, but we all know who came out of that division and won the Super Bowl. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Carolina would finish five and eleven, as would Detroit. The Washington football team won the NFC East at seven and nine, baby first time winning that division since twenty fifteen, and as we mentioned earlier, Tom and Gronk would win a Super Bowl down there in Tampa in their home stadium. Chief for I was, yeah, I was, Now who out of that this week of red Zone, out of all the players that we've seen on different teams, who's surprised you the most? Now? Baker Mayfield. Baker Mayfield because the Browns are in what appears to be quarterback wasteland, and Baker is Baker's one of the highest rated passers through the first month of the season. He showed flashes of it, even when he went briflashes when he went to Carolina and then he went to the Rams and now with Tampa Bay, but he's found a home there. He signed a three year on hundred million dollar contract this last offseason or whatever. He's got two stud wide receivers they're forced to be reckoned with and he's playing good football. And then the folks in Cleveland have got to watch that on red Zone every Sunday. And Baker just threw another three touchdown game. Boy, if we could only get a guy like this, I would say he probably is. He's the most surprising. Why did you have a candidate?
Speaker 3: No, it was just crazy to think about, you know, watching the Cleveland Browns watch Baker Mayfield in a buccaneer's uniform right when they were probably saying, man, we see him on commercials so much in our uniform at that time, he was an Attie commercial.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: You know, it's been awesome to watch him reboot his career and find a landing spot. And and and you saw in this specific game.
Speaker 1: I remember we watched these games earlier, and he's it's the same bake that we're watching right now. Competitive making to play on that third down. Yeah, sloppy for a little while, he gets a little loose, But like when it comes to Nut cutting time, the guy he the moment doesn't look too big for him. Every even if the moment is too big for him, he loves doing it. He loves I want to be the guy at that moment. I think, yeah, it does. And and the whole thing between him and Brady, I think has been funny. That was weird, That was fun. And Brady broadcasted that game on side I know, I know you hear what he said, Baker Brady said, and then building afterwards, Yeah, but Brady said on air, he goes, you know, if I if I wanted to have fun, I'd bring my kids to Disneyland or something like that. And then he said, I think it's more stressful not having rings. Then that's what he said.
Speaker 5: Then Bill jumped into what did Bill say?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: Bill says the same like winning is fun?
Speaker 2: I said something about Tom.
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 2: Tom and I had a little thing at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see this? No, this is the first time I'm addressing it. Podcast or a show. By the way, I love Tom. He's my single favorite football player. I should expect greatness and he's he is the goat, and goat is way overused Michigan Michigan quarterback and whatnot, and and and Tom he loves NFL red zone and whenever we see each other we dap each other up and stuff. So his first game broadcasting Week one, uh, Cowboys at Browns and Brandon Aubrey the kicker we mentioned earlier, they were going to let him.
Speaker 2: Try a seventy yard seventy right.
Speaker 1: The NFL record is sixtysides penalty and it did right, and they almost thought, oh, let's give him a seventy five anyway, but seventy yard they were gonna line up, and Kevin Burkhardt, his broadcast part on Fox, was like this is crazy and whatnot. And Tom was kind of more like even keeled, like he was like, well, you better make sure that you have a return man back there, you know, for the Browns, so that if he misses short, they can return it out of there. We had to cut to a different game because they had called time out before the kick, So I said, oh, man, Tom's got to get more excited than that. That's going to be a seventy yard field goal. That's all I said. And if Tom was sitting here, I would have said, Hey, Tom, get a little excited about this, right. Unfortunately, I opened by me saying that I opened myself up to be the poster boy for all these basement keyboard warriors that said Tom sucks as a broadcaster after one week, so the New York Post, the New York Times, I believe every website that covers there's like Scott Hansen thinks Tom Brady's not and you can just by me saying, Oh Tom, you got to get excited like that. And I was so disappointed. The media is going to do what the media is going to do. I was so disappointed because I did not want Tom to think I dis respected him. So I put a an apology out on Twitter because I said my comment in public, and I just said I miscalculated as to how they would use me saying something about Tom in his first game. The dude's excellent at whatever he puts his mind to. He's going to be excellent at broadcasting, and he's gotten better each week, by the way. But I allowed myself to be thrust into that point, and Tom saw it and he replied to it. He said, all good. He called himself a rookie, which was very self deprecated. He knows that, and he does. But I just wanted to say that because I didn't want I want the public to know that, like it's you're gonna judge someone doing something.
Speaker 2: What we do is hard. You've learned that in the years that you've now been involved here. What we do is hard.
Speaker 1: And Tom knows more football than than ninety nine point nine nine percent of the people that have ever walked the face of the earth, and yet knowing it and being able to disseminate it in twenty second snippets in between this in circumstances in an environment I've never released. It's hard. It's gonna take a little while. Anyway, I just wanted to put that out there. Thank you for letting problem, no problem and whatnot. But because I'm like, I think he's gonna be great at it, and and I love the guy. If people don't understand, they think Tom Brady thinks if Tom Brady was sitting right here, I mean, first of all, he knows you, and he knows me a little bit but you know, you guys are buddies, like he's actually for being a megastar, he's about as unaffected as a megastar can be. And I've been around some big Hollywood types that do think that they're the greatest thing walking the earth. Tom knows he's Tom Brady, but he's he's he's a dude. He's a good guy. But he also knows he's a first time broadcast in this world. Yes, and he knows that yes, and and you know that's why he probably didn't pop back, because he understands that he's not going to be the same person week one that he's going to be in week eighteen. Yep. Because he's got so he's.
Speaker 3: Learning as he goes, and you know, he's a normal dude. That is kind of dorky. I've said that like three times on like four podcasts, but it's the truth. He's and you feel that because he's so human and he's so humble. Humble, Yeah, around he is people, Yes, he is. He's got an aura. Yeah, Jackie. Legacy of this bad Boy.
Speaker 1: I think, uh, the legacy is one of the craziest witching hours of all time. Ten lead changes is in the most I don't.
Speaker 2: We won't count him like that.
Speaker 1: We probably should think we needed we need to count Thank you for someone out there in the comments section. We need for you to go over all these witching hours. We count every touchdown, though by the end of the season you usually see the thousand touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we at the end of everyplay. I watched that. Why I like watching that too.
Speaker 1: That's a touchdown montage because then you for like broadcasting. Yep, it's always good. I watch all the highlights and I watch every touchdown, so then you can pull from when I'm talking about that touchdown. Fans love it.
Speaker 3: I love when you guys throw out your stats too, because I steal some stats from you.
Speaker 1: I steal a couple of stats from Sky. You gotta steal from the best, maybe you know.
Speaker 4: And then one last one, scut we we're such football guys here in the nuthouse. Yeah, and you are like in the you know, the god tier pantheon. Not to sound trite or cliche here, but can you dickstribe what football means to you?
Speaker 1: Sure? Sure? Football is the greatest sport on the planet. For a few different reasons, I hosted the Olympics this summer. I don't know if you guys saw that. I hosted Gold Zone for the Paris Olympics. Watched it. As it relates to football, the strongest athletes on the planet pound for pound are Olympic powerlifters. I would venture to say the next strongest group of athletes on the planet are NFL lineman defensive offensive lineman. The fastest athletes on the planet are Olympic sprinters that specialize in one thing, running one hundred meters in shorts and a tank top straight down a thing. I would venture to say the next fastest group of athletes on the planet are the fastest NFL wide receivers and defensive backs. And you could go down the list highest jumpers right, Oh, okay, you know you know, Olympic jumpers or NBA player. Give me a forty eight inch vertical leap from some insane wide receiver. The athleticism is off the charts, and the teamwork that it takes to put together at the NFL level with the margins being this small. Life is competition. Life's going to try and stop you from doing stuff that you want to do. And the NFL is the highest level of a group of incredibly talented men and incredibly talented men who have coordinated with brilliant coaches to do one thing over sixty minutes, and let's find out who comes out on top. Man, that's freaking delicious. Besides that, playing the game of football formed my personality. The toughness, the dedication, the teamwork, the sacrifice, the stick to would have missed. You've got to have to be a football player at any level. You know this. And maybe I'm preaching right now.
Speaker 2: I mean it, Jewels, I mean it. Football has.
Speaker 1: It shapes character, it shapes human beings, and it transcends just wins loss on a scoreboard or a witching hour or whatever else. And I love I love the game. That's what football. Let's go. I'm gonna put my head through goddamn up, this is your house. Don't don't do that any leftovers, Jackie leftovers.
Speaker 5: I got a question for you. Yeah, how much do wives hate you? Because my wife certainly hates.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, there are First of all, there are many, many, beautiful, wonderful female football fans who love NFL red zone as much a check the numbers. However, However, there are a sub segment of society that I affectionately refer to as red Zone widows. We do not have a husband seven straight for everything. I mean, I talk for a living freaking good. You're freaking good red Zone widows. And I did an autograph signing one time. So people are lining up, you know, we're doing autograph signing, and this old guy comes up. He had to be in his seventies something like that, and he's like, hey, Scott, I love Red Zone. You know it's a great way to watch.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, your name's John to John Scott Hansen. And this woman comes from back of the line and she looks about seventy something years old and she gets up next to this guy and she's like wondering what her husband's doing. And she looks down at she looks at me. She looks at the picture that I'm signing of me, and she looks at my name and she goes, oh is that him? And I'm like, you, miss, must be a Red Zone widow. And he started laughing in front of them. Betty Hell wait switching hour. So yes, there is that, But like I said, there are there are couples that red Zone together, stay together, and there are there are husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends. We need a reality TV show, The Red Zone, Red Zone Relationship Counseling. I love it. We might be onto something here, strife at the beginning of the octobox and by the end of the Witching Hour NFL web Zone Zone he's thought about this this Hey, if it makes dollars.
Speaker 2: It makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh man, guess we'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 9: Hey, hey, hey, trab Gronkowski here and I'm with my bro or my dude, Jules.
Speaker 3: And we are super excited to tell you about our news show, Dudes on Dudes.
Speaker 1: We're just regular dudes as well.
Speaker 9: Sometimes we can't read, sometimes we can't speak properly.
Speaker 1: But that's what dudes do. But Dudes on Dudes, seriously, who named this? Anyways?
Speaker 9: We're spilling all the behind scenes stories, crazy details and honestly just having a blast talking football.
Speaker 3: Every week, we're discussing our favorite players of all times, from legends to our buddies to current stars.
Speaker 9: And the best part, we're finally answering the age old question what kind of dudes are these dudes?
Speaker 3: Is Travis Kelce a stud or a freak? Is Tom Brady a dog or dude's dude, we're gonna find out. Every episode drops every Thursday during the NFL season.
Speaker 9: Those are some good questions right there, Julian, We're gonna find out soon and watch us on YouTube, listen wherever you listen to podcasts, and of course, follow us all over social media, so.
Speaker 1: Hit that subscribe button, follow us everywhere and join the dude party. You don't want to miss this, dudes on dudes, let's go. Let's name this game. What is this? What do we got?
Speaker 2: So we got a name?
Speaker 1: And score?
Speaker 3: The witchy know dude, yep? So we name the game. Score the game presented by Jamison. Is this the greatest game of all time? Let's score it. What's the name of the game?
Speaker 1: Is it the Witching Week? The greatest Witching Hour of all time? The witchiest Witching Hour, the g double h oh switching out.
Speaker 2: Quote quote. I think this is the quote week.
Speaker 1: I like quote. Let's we're going with the gua. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: This is your great Okay, give it the quote the quote? Is this the greatest game of all time? Let's score it? Presented by Jamison Steaks zero to ten. The stakes of this week's Week seven.
Speaker 1: I would give that your favorite score a seven point nine, O seven point nine maybe even I mean whatever that's you said. My catch was so look, it's not playoff time. My favorite episode of the year usually is either Week one when we're back just feels so good and there's a lot of crazy shit that happened because you don't know guys don't don't know each other. That's I I agree, or Week eighteen want to be Week seventeen because every everything's being clinched, everything from the last Wild Cars seating as being you know, this team's gonna not play their starters, this team is you even have the number one pick in the draft, could switch hands during the witching hour, you know, with the and the team's on the back half. So this week Week seven didn't have the highest stakes of all time.
Speaker 7: I want to throw in Week seventeen now into their hat in the ring, just because it's Fantasy Football championship.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point, second to last week of the year Fantasy Football Championships. That's that's usually huge as well. Yeah, I'll give it a seven. Yeah, I think that's probably wise. It wasn't that Yeah, Oh yeah, no, that's yeah. No, I could. I probably should have run with I just wanted to demonstrate that I was listening to Julian earlier in the podcast when he said seven points like uncle, star power star power of ten decimals, Okay, a lot of stars. We had Burt uh literally the entire yeah Baker when he was a brown nine I mean Matt Ryant there was because my guy Jewels got hurt in this game. I gotta give it a nine point five and it would have been a ten, but it was your last game, and I gotta I gotta knock that week down because because we did not see you after that, I'm still bitter about it, although thankful to be with you now.
Speaker 3: Man's very hurtful. Guy, I'm gonna go with a six to explain that. Well, there's a lot of stars right here, but it is week seven. I want to see the stars when they're doing like astronomical Okay, conversation nah, but it's still. Yes, the star is not a real the star is just it's it's like a super nova. Still, it's just being born. The star a star is Has anyone ever tried to convince you star is born in.
Speaker 1: The playoffs in the later weeks that has anyone tried to convince you after you scored it, because let me just say who we had in here? We had uh and these guys all through for more than three hundred yards passing. Joe Burrow went for four hundred yards and three touchdowns. Russell Wilson to rations on the bench. Tom Brady heard of him. He's calling games. Uh, here were the three hundred yard passers. You're gonna laugh at a couple, Uh, Tyler Murray Carson wentz through for three bay there's a I think there's a call of duty dropping soon Car went with Philadelphia. Don't even know where he's at with Philadelphia at the time. Justin Herbert Young young pop through seven. Uh, Matthew Stafford who we discussed dog Matt Ryan in with Mariachi CBS, Deshaun Watson when he used to know how to play football through for three hundred and nine yards and two touchdowns, and then and then young Josh Allen did. There is a lot of stars.
Speaker 7: So Jack did seven point five, I did eight point one, solid solid. It's literally everyone, but there is a there is a magnifier in big moments.
Speaker 5: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: I think it magnifies and then also star power. We've done Super Bowls wen historic crazy where you got Whitney Houston doing.
Speaker 2: That adds to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, that makes sense right now? We got like we got Pop Worner at the time, I think was the halftime act of the Browns Bengals game that you guys don't even know who.
Speaker 7: I think you're talking more about stars per capita, and I think because all the games are at times the stars is.
Speaker 1: It's not as concentrated as Okay, yeah, I don't know, get on board with a constellation of stars. The game play. Now, this is where you make up okay, well duh, this is where you make up your point because if you grade one game, if you grade whatever, any of the Patriots Super Bowl wins, especially the.
Speaker 2: Tight ones that you guys had most of the all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got to give it a gotta give it a nine point nine, just because you always gotta be a room for improvement. But nine point nine the lead changes. The insanity that we see is stellar. I mean view that it's a nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, how often does he give a nine?
Speaker 1: Not often? Yeah, very standard, it's standard for Championship game for stakes for me, Kyler and I lowballed at seven point zero seven point I think, I think judges, I mean, hold, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: The game we talked about the most ended from like lack of situational awareness.
Speaker 5: That's not great gameplay, that's just not knowing when to go down.
Speaker 1: But but okay, but gameplay from a fan, from a viewers pursuit what I'm doing, Okay, entertainments fair, I think that's fair. Yeah, the tightness of the game. In fact that the t Higgins Cincinnati Bengals touchdout three Browns had the worst tackling on that play. That it was like whatever, but it was great TV. It was great, great TV. I agree with that Kai guy. You see he just don't don't he gets crabby sometimes watch out for him.
Speaker 7: Now we got to score the name of the game, the quote the Greatest Witching Hour time.
Speaker 2: It's a great game. That's a great name.
Speaker 1: That is a great name. Uh.
Speaker 2: I'll give it a nine nine point zero solid.
Speaker 1: I'll give it am like way over grading it because I'm involved with all of it.
Speaker 2: So that's why I go yeah, eight one eight one.
Speaker 1: So so jacko.
Speaker 5: This is before we knew the name.
Speaker 1: We got to rescore. Yeah, I gotta bump this numbers way up. These are these are rookie numbers.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna I love Greatest Witching Hour of all time. I actually might go crazy nine point one for me, I go eight point one.
Speaker 1: I love it. Where is it? All?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Let's let's do the magic math and see where it stands long calculating calculating, Yeah, greatest six Let's see point where he stacks up against the rest of the games.
Speaker 5: Seven point six eight.
Speaker 7: It puts us at uh thirty thirty fourth between the Can't Wait Game twenty eleven AFC Division Round Jets versus Patriots, who did with Rich Eisen and a tunaball just below the tunabl Jet's Patriots in nineteen ninety seven?
Speaker 5: Which we did.
Speaker 2: It Falcon's Patriots number one. What happened in that game?
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's just a little engine that. That's a good list there, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: That is a good list, man, Scott, did we miss anything?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Bro, we covered everything.
Speaker 1: Man, you are awesome. You got anything to plug red zone? Everyone go watching. I think people have heard of it, believe it or not. There are still some people who hit me up on on on Twitter, on x or or Instagram saying I watched Red Zone for the first time today. You know that means another viewer, growth, industry, growth in industry.
Speaker 3: So you got Hey, Scott, I learned so much from here this this interview, not only of how cool of a guy you are and how you take your craft. You put a lot of time into it, but for me as a broadcaster in my field, like just watching your all your preparation, like I've learned a lot just that I'm gonna take going forward preparing for my shows when I have to do, you know, Fox Kickoff in the morning or even my show's here. You're a real standout dude. You work your tail off. You've been doing it since the beginning. We appreciate you coming in the nuthouse. This has been so fun because a lot of people ask for you, you know, and in the comment sections in our in our our ore. We we have a hotline and we have emails and all this stuff. People are like, you gotta get Scott on, You gotta get Scott on. And it's been such an awesome experience to have you here. Man, I appreciate you coming in. Well, you're one hundred percent welcome. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I told you I watched this show, yes, you know, coming in and I was like, what would it be like to sit there next to big caves?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: And it was a great experience. And no fire alarm went off, ter no fire alarm maybe. Thank you, Scott, you got it man, that was an awesome show. He's got energy.
Speaker 4: One of our few guests that has come with materials, came prepared.
Speaker 5: Who were the materials guys, Scott piol.
Speaker 1: Scott Pioli, Adams, Scott Hansen. Scott Hanson also brought like the Holy Trinity as well too.
Speaker 5: He like pulled me like when you first got here, like pulled me aside. I want to surprise you. As I got some stuff, I was like, oh my god, what could this possibly be?
Speaker 2: My guy was on it.
Speaker 1: He absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: He's you could tell he's he's probably like all out gun ho at workplace, like all right, guys.
Speaker 1: Let's go, we got this. But he's he's he's fucking good.
Speaker 5: In dialed dialed in.
Speaker 4: I wanted to tell him I didn't want to glaze him up too hard, though, like he could have been a patriot with that mindset.
Speaker 6: Could have been you could have been hey, long snapper, Hey the more you can, more you can do baby.
Speaker 1: He was. He was dropping the patriotisms. He's patriotism.
Speaker 7: The funny thing we didn't really he always talks about like peeing. It's a conversation that's on every time he doesn't. Oh yeah, we didn't really touch it too too much. But the funny thing is as soon as he soon as the show route, literally everyone ran into the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I had to pee the first ten minutes. Oh my god doing it. I was.
Speaker 2: Half the time.
Speaker 1: I was thinking of a joke away out where I could be like, hey man, mind if I go use the bathroom, bro, But I was thinking like, this guy doesn't piss for seven hours, and I can't even not pee for the first ten minutes of the fucking thing. So I held that whole I Scott hansened that whole episode. Dude, say, my eyes were turning yellow halfway through, like it was insane. I was topic changing up my fucking yes. Bro. I was like, I thought, you're just adjusting the piece. No, dude, I was trying to put I was trying to clinch the piece. I was clinching.
Speaker 4: Bro, we gotta come up with maybe in the future a high sign for we gotta go pee like some sort.
Speaker 3: Of like or we could just get out. We got to dial our routine, like fucking Scott, get them on deck.
Speaker 5: We were very dehydrated yesterday. That's because we played golf.
Speaker 1: That's true. Oh my god. He'd strugg central.
Speaker 4: I literally like, fight through fatigue tough for eighteen baby, but holy smokes, that was tough.
Speaker 1: I've never been that hot in my life. It was hot hot in October.
Speaker 4: You thought it was gonna be I thought I was like, Oh, I got my wind shirt. I came out with a wind shirt on, like I thought it'd be a little breezy. Holy smokes, was I wrong?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I still pay the still brought fifty on the front nine. You hit him, hit him, hit him, still posted putting up scores. We're driving fairways hitting. I think it was like fourteen of eighteen fairways.
Speaker 1: Short but straight. Can't be mad at that.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, Jack knows his game?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: You know they say Sabrina Carpenter short and sweet. Jack's golf game short. Straight there, that's right, baby, salesmen around the green we gotta be and you're hey, your guys games are looking great.
Speaker 1: I mean they're always consistent. No, I don't know. You guys were bombing them, you know, I was thinking halfway through this episode two.
Speaker 4: Scott's dad must have loved him on road trips as a kid, ever asking us pull over and go pee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's also never stopped talking.
Speaker 1: Hey dad, what is that? Can we up there? I won't pay my dad broad trips with Frank sound awesome. Mom used to make me sit in the front sometimes. Shut me up. You and Jason going at it? Oh my god, I told you? What story? Did I tell who? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's coming up, all right, you guys, it's already out.
Speaker 1: It's already out.
Speaker 4: I think yeah, because I was like, oh, yeah, Nikki. I think she thought I was talking about her. But you're nicky Jason, ma'am.
Speaker 5: Well, awesome.
Speaker 1: It's time for a toast, guys, whether you're celebrating, commemorating, or just kicking back, it's always better to have a glass of jamison irish whiskey. Yeah, you can't pour me some jamison without making a nice toe. I got your brother, so.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do a little bit of a toast segment here.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, show the show the camera. My just fire merch. I'm rocking.
Speaker 4: He's the Jack Lepper Kahn, Johnny James, Johnny Jamison here, perfect irishman.
Speaker 1: Last name couldn't be any more Irish. That's right, baby.
Speaker 7: But before we go into this segment and actually do this toast, I want to say what Jameson is doing about trying to like unofficially get an NFL international game to Dublin.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that it's not there. Play college games?
Speaker 5: Yeah, college games? Is that is that?
Speaker 3: I know we shouldn't talk about this in this but is that like England Ireland MS always trying to keep us down their politics in that maybe I didn't even think of that way.
Speaker 2: Scottish over there doing some I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm still I gotta get caught up through a show when I get like, you know, I learned monarch through Crowns. So if there's a show with like Scottish iron and that other stuff, I'll be dialed up.
Speaker 1: But until then, I don't I don't understand the beef, or maybe it could be the beef you should beef.
Speaker 7: Dairy Girls is awesome on Netflix, super fucking funny. Yeah, it's like three seasons, like six episodes. It's super hilarious.
Speaker 1: Further Ado, I propose a toast. Yeah, this goddamn game that we love, that we literally talk about, that we dream about to a land of people that we think is very very green over there. But little do they know they grown football football to football on Ireland.
Speaker 5: And then we're actually gonna do.
Speaker 1: Man, it's so good with it. Taste your lips, tastes so good with it. Touch your lips, Frank tak Jack, what are you?
Speaker 5: What's your toast?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Okay, toast we do a little own one. Okay, Anyways, I propose the toast boys. Got three here Monday night football doubleheaders. Let's keep them going all season. They make the worst day of the week kind of like the best day of the.
Speaker 1: Week two on Monday Night. It's such a nice little surprise.
Speaker 4: And another toast to the guy that updates athletes IMDb pages for the big games they play in as if they were credits in a movie, like Danny Am and Dola playing on Thursday Night football as self, or maybe Danny Amandola being a participant in Super Bowl fifty one as New England Patriots wide receiver, and uh he was in thirteen episodes of NFL on CBS.
Speaker 1: Shout out to that Ballers.
Speaker 4: He's also an episode of Ballers, Ballers, and he's adding to it with Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: Seem with the Stars. But I just love that guy.
Speaker 4: Who's who's updating those those pages as if it was, uh, you know, as if he was an actor and this was his uh, his.
Speaker 1: His resume. Yeah, I like that guy. Shout out to that guy. And lastly to my man Will Levis.
Speaker 4: We had pocket passers, we got mobile quarterbacks, we got gun slingers, but he's our first meme quarterback. He's a gift that keeps on giving week in and week out. He out does himself.
Speaker 1: Here's to you, Will, Here's to you Will, mayonnaise and all.
Speaker 5: Do you want to go? Where shall I go?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep it short and sweet.
Speaker 1: I love it. I'm gonna keep it short and sweet. Even he even played just the tip over there with it just a tip Tason, Teason, gotta get one out for Dola. He's on Dancing with the Stars. Damn right, baby, springing guy. I never seen them dance to day in his life.
Speaker 3: Now he's over here like goddamn Patrick Swayze and dirty dancing out there doing the fox trot, the meranguo, the tango, whatever the fucking is he's doing it. He did a backflip. Oh my god, he need a backflip off the stage. Where the fuck did this knee strength come from? The guy could barely one routes. Now he's Patrick Swayze. So this one is the Danny to Danny, go vote we love you.
Speaker 7: You can vote ten times, really and often. Da Daniel put the text on the screen.
Speaker 1: Damn Daniel, where's your final?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: What's your toest?
Speaker 5: Kyler got some obscure sports things that we never touched.
Speaker 1: A toast. Oh my god, I just saved. Oh my god, talk about what catches the all time. I'm raw dogging cup with no freaking paper talent there, almost dropped, snagged it with my hook look at the under thing. Snagged it with the hook on the bottom so it didn't get all over this beautiful suede couch. And there's a lot of dip spit in here. Hook could be the catch of my life. Back to your toast, Kyler, so.
Speaker 7: I want to give a shout out to some obscure sports that we don't cover here, games with names. Professional cycling specifically, my guy, Teddy Pragatca has one of the most incredible seasons in professional cycling history. He won the gered Italia, won seven stages or six stages, killed it. He won the Tour de France, won another six stages, could have won seven, but won six.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what does that mean if you win six or seven?
Speaker 7: So the Grand Tours, there's it's a one race, but there's twenty one days, so they do twenty one stage or twenty stages, and so there's twenty races inside the one race. So he won the individual race six times inside of the big race. So did he win the big race? He won the big race by a lot, and he won six individual stages in that the gered Italia, which is highly regarded as the second best professional cycling race.
Speaker 1: So is that like winning against like say, say you were playing the Jets, we beat them into Division one, it's like two points in the but but then we maybe have a tie breaker and something I don't know.
Speaker 7: No, it's like, uh, winning the Gerada tal is like winning like the PG eight like the PGA Championship, right, okay, yeah, it's a major.
Speaker 5: It's like there's three majors. It's one of the majors. Highly regarded the second.
Speaker 7: He also did the exact same thing for the Twitter France when his third toward France of his career one six stages.
Speaker 5: Absolutely killed it.
Speaker 7: And then to top it off, he also just won World Championships the individual one day race. So Teddy Pragatcha, my guy absolutely killing it. Incredible season. He probably could have won the Did you just.
Speaker 1: See that guy on Instagram? Walker? He's walking the whole world? What this reminded me of.
Speaker 3: He's walking there's like one way you can walk from Asia and then he swam across the fifty yards or the fifty miles to Russia. Oh okay, he went from South America, started up, then went all the way up to it like he's walking the world.
Speaker 1: It's been twenty years or something.
Speaker 3: I gotta look this guys the same category as these bicycle guys, Guys that just have the heart to just travel land.
Speaker 1: I love that just has got to do.
Speaker 5: But this guy's doing like a fas faster these guys.
Speaker 1: Slovenian, right, but could you imagine that that would be a bike race that I want to watch if they have to bike race all the way. Somehow they build.
Speaker 5: Like a boat adventure racing type stuff, like they gotta.
Speaker 3: Go from always South America all the way up to North America Alaska, and you somehow they build like a bridge that it's like you could easily have somewhere in China. Make this where like it just puts a road so that it would be like a boat, but they have to they have to ride on the boat. Oh yeah, but it's putting the track down while while they're going. So they could do the fifty miles to Russia, and then when you get to Russia, you can do all of Asia and you can hop over to like northern Africa and get down in there like Saudi and stuff. And they got to go all the way, Like that is a race you want to watch.
Speaker 1: I'm all about that. That's like alligators they might get eating or something, or or a lion in the Fari death defying stuff.
Speaker 3: There's gotta be some like ain't nobody watching people just ride bikes?
Speaker 5: I watch it, missus stitche.
Speaker 1: I mean I have actually tried to watch it because you know we.
Speaker 5: Don't need I'll have like a forty five minute diet.
Speaker 1: This is on your toast. By the way, how's your toast?
Speaker 7: So just shout out Tedy. Insane Year won the zero, won the tour, won the world championship. Won's a monument. There's some more races left. Insane Year killing it. One of the best cyclists ever and he's like a fun, cool guy that likes to fucking compete.
Speaker 5: So shout out to Teddy.
Speaker 1: Shout out day dude, don't let me rain on your parade. It's good. That's a good ship. Let's see you do it with some lions chasing you or hippo hippos go like thirty two miles an hour. I learned all these crazy facts with my kid.
Speaker 5: I love MoU dang.
Speaker 1: Huh Moudang, I love mudang. What's moudang? The hip?
Speaker 5: Like the baby hippo?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: What a game?
Speaker 1: What a game? What a what a slate of games?
Speaker 3: Scott Unreal. Thanks again to Scott. That's been another episode of.
Speaker 1: Games with Names, presented by Jamison Irish Whiskey. Yes.
Speaker 3: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: Comment a game you want us to do and remember, rate and review.
Speaker 3: Remember to follow Games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 1: Leave a message on the old hotline. That number is four two four two nine one two two nine zero. We'll see you guys next week. Hater Games with Names is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your podcasts.