Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. I'm Paulsuni alongside Alexis Christophers and Bloomberg's Lisa Matael Lisa, what are you got for s?
Speaker 3: All right? I want to start with FedEx. Take our FDx. Their shares have been up as much as five percent before the bell. They've kind of slipped back a bet a bit too, about one percent. So the big news is that they expect this one billion dollars hit from trade volatility President Trump Tariff's one thing, but also the loss of that key exemption for low value goods. Remember that demnimous.
Speaker 4: Rule to Minimus.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, okay, So a big part of the reduction to adjusted operating profit comes from lower shipments from China to the US. The CFO put it out there, he said about it three hundred million dollars due to the higher cost of clearing goods through customs. So that was the kind of netive side On the positive side, though, they did reinstate their profit and sales forecasts. They said revenue is going to grow by four to six percent in the current fiscal year. So despite trade pressure, the results were kind of enough to kind of boost those shares a bit higher. Like I said, they are starting to pair back up about one percent. But FedEx is just like seen as this predictor where the large economy is headed.
Speaker 4: That's what they're seen as a billweather for Shure Weather exactly exactly, just like Leonard Okay, for the housing market.
Speaker 3: L e N as the ticker, their shares have been down as much as three percent. So it's really the sign of a challenging market for home builders. That's what they showed. This was despite you had a recent drop in mortgaget rates too, so this is kind of showing you, you know, the forecast for quarterly home orders they missed those estimates. Affordability concerns, unsteady job market, they say, that's keeping buyers on the sidelines. Another thing they said builders are facing a lot of competition. Also something the supply of available resale homes they say have been growing, so don't want as many new homes because they have the resale ones and in some areas of the Sun Belt markets, that's where builders are really busy. The prices are starting to drop.
Speaker 1: So those have heard that in Texas. I've heard that in Florida. We had some folks. Somebody was in here, Daniel D. Martino booth from She's down in Dallas, Texas. She was saying, finally, finally, price it's starting to break the little bit. Prices are starting the fall.
Speaker 4: There places like Austin, right, which was red hot.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. In South Florida somebody. Yeah, but we've seen that. I mean, that's just kind of the not boom and bus, but it's just kind of the syclicality of the real estate market.
Speaker 4: I guess it's normalizing. It's normalizing just a.
Speaker 2: Bit, all right.
Speaker 3: And we have to bring out the Intel because it was a big story yesterday, right Take her I INTC. Yesterday they had a twenty three percent rally word of n videos, you know, five billion dollar investment in the company. So basically the two companies going to co develop chips for PCs and data centers. But ahead of the bell, their shares have been lower down about half a percent, so the excitement may be starting to fade. You also had City Group. They downgraded the stock to sell from neutral and they pointed to a kind of their rich valuation. So it's kind of a big difference from yesterday to today.
Speaker 4: But you know what, guys at the government right made that nearly ten billion dollar investment in Intel last month, So based on yesterday's big stock rally, the government has made about four billion dollars at least on payper Not bad for a day's work, right, I'm too bad, And.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like showing how that's a different world out there. So Scholastic is the last one. It's taker schl and their shoes really taken a hit down about ten percent before the bell a wider loss last quarter. So this is what we were talking about schools delaying, pulling back on the purchases because they just don't know about federal and state funding. That's really been in the headlines lately. So you had their Education solutions revenue, it dropped about twenty eight percent. I didn't realize there were so many areas to Scholastic, Like you have the book publishing distribution. That revenue rose, book fairs revenue climbed, but you had book club's revenue that fell and their entertainment revenue which I didnt even think about that fell also because of production delays.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.