Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Although we've come to.
Speaker 2: The trend.
Speaker 1: Lebron Lebron, Bron's good job, good job, got it job man. Honestly, though, on the close to that season.
Speaker 3: If you said we would be the second best team in the West, I wouldn't have I don't. I still don't believe that. Actually I can't even believe that right now. But here we are, here, we are, we are.
Speaker 1: Lakers have been swept from the National Basketball Association playoffs up by the Denver Nuggets, who are it's turning out maybe the best team in the league by maybe a lot. I am Jack.
Speaker 2: That is Miles, this is sports talk.
Speaker 1: Can we can hear more about that on Miles and jackop Maps our NBA podcast.
Speaker 2: But here on this one we talk about news.
Speaker 1: Baby. Okay, So some disturbed Nazi crashed a truck into the White House.
Speaker 2: Wait, Jack, why are you saying nazi?
Speaker 1: A Nazi flag was seen being removed from the back of his truck.
Speaker 2: Oh, how do you know that?
Speaker 1: Because people like saw it. It's like one of those things that a lot of people start looking at when you crash a truck into the White House. A lot of there tends to be a lot of witnesses. But yeah, it is being hailed by the right as a syop.
Speaker 2: I've seen the video.
Speaker 3: There's like the like there's like a police officer like investigating the cab of this U haul truck and is like pulling stuff out, and like the Nazi flag was like on the ground and they're like.
Speaker 2: It's perfectly unfurled.
Speaker 1: This is a syop, right, And you're like, I mean, who knows what, Like like when you get into the intentions of the driver, maybe he was going to put it like say, Joe Biden, you're a Nazi. I don't you know take this. Hey maybe it was the peace offering because he's naz that you probably like that you Nazi me, I'm for progressivism. Anyways, that was not a sigh op. That was not AI. There was a Pentagon explosion that was AI. There's like a AI generated image of explosion of the Pentagon that spooked the markets briefly and was was AI. So well, we'll talk about that more on tomorrow's episode. Max is the big thing. Max is not working.
Speaker 2: Oh what's Max doing for work now? Then?
Speaker 1: So Max is the new HBO Max.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, the one to watch is the tagline the one to watch that is HBO. Yeah, yo, what change it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Mine?
Speaker 2: Still? You know I I sometimes I make.
Speaker 3: It ask if it wants to app refresh. So I still got HBM. Am I going to treat this like quibi?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And also I can't sign as of yet because I don't remember how the fuck I signed it.
Speaker 2: I opened and they say, oh, you're trying to download Max. No the fuck I'm not. Yeah, fine, all right, got us, They've got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I tried to open HBO Max and then it just quit repeatedly, so I went store.
Speaker 2: Sassy beats off to a flyer.
Speaker 1: People are using this as an opportunity to just post entire movies that are part of the Max ad campaign, Like people are like forget Max, watch John Wick for here on Twitter the way it was intended to just posting full less movies.
Speaker 2: So piracy for everyone.
Speaker 1: Baggage fees are trending. Adriana Ocampo uh wore more than thirteen pounds of clothing to try and avoid saying a baggage fee.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She also appeared to be giggled though hard to Yeah, so giggly now gig.
Speaker 3: It looked it looked like a little bit of psilocybin induced goofballs. I don't know if it's very drunk or could just be. Look, this person is nineteen years old. I remember being nineteen and doing the dumbest shit was the most hilarious fucking thing that could ever happen. Like when this person checked in to the airline, they're like, yo, you're about thirteen pounds over on this like baggage, and like, okay, fine, wore all of the clothing that was thirteen pounds over, including like stuffing an iPod into their pants and shit, and they're like cool, Yeah, I'm trying to get on the airplane and like the flight attendants are like, yeah, this is uh, this is not happening. They're like you can either take all this shit off and like store it properly, or you're gonna pay a fine.
Speaker 2: And they did both.
Speaker 3: So it sucks, but it is that crossed my mind in Australia, didn't know Yeah, Ozzie zeitgang. I know you're down there's jet Star like probably I'm guessing it's like Frontier or you know.
Speaker 2: The spirit one spirit, Yeah, spirit some people spirit. Some people hear it from the isn't that from Ghostbusters Too.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I don't know that at all. You remember that, mm.
Speaker 2: Hmm, that's from That's like that was like the one rap song in the Ghostbuster song.
Speaker 1: Too Hot to Handle, Too Cold to Hold, where it's called the Ghostbusters and the something else I forget this is from?
Speaker 2: This is from. It was Dougie Fresh.
Speaker 3: There's a Douggy Fresh track on the Gustbusters Ghostbusters to soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Duhuggy Fresh.
Speaker 1: The Bobby Brown song from Ghostbusters Too is kind of rotation in my head, really irrevocably. Yeah, it's just always going to be there.
Speaker 2: What was that song called control or something on Yes We Got?
Speaker 1: I don't know the words take control, we got? We Got?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hot to Handle? Too Cold a Hold?
Speaker 1: They call the Ghostbusters and the m Patrol and they're in control and they're in control. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Had him thrown a party for a bunch of children?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, under the mast like thematic rap songs I feel like until Not by Will Smith. That just recaps the plot of the movie him throwing a party for a bunch of child children, which is also the weirdest plot point of Ghostbusters Too. They've gone from saving humanity many kind to doing kid's birthday parties.
Speaker 3: Hey, this sum was under the building, so they picked up their group, got a grip, came a quip, and they not about Vigo the master of evil.
Speaker 2: Try to change my boys.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, what a song.
Speaker 2: Peter mcnichol's greatest role. I gotta say as.
Speaker 3: He is Vigo's Yes, not the Renkman. But why are you came? Yes, I can go.
Speaker 1: That is really the best part of that movie for his.
Speaker 2: Living God.
Speaker 1: Dodgers about these guys baseball team from Los Angeles. They won yesterday, So Lakers fans need not fret Dodgers. They want back in business. So the sisters of perpetual indulgences or indulgence are indulgence of my old Catholic education coming back. Sisters of perpetual indulgence are now invited back to the Dodgers Pride night, even though I guess it. So this was a story for the past week because they were asked not to come.
Speaker 2: To the cave.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers cave to right wing pressure, like specifically like Marco like when Marco Rubio like stepped in a lot of people like, wow, Marco Rubio has thrown his weight around and most people like, why the fuck is he affecting the conversation over here?
Speaker 2: Who gives us shit?
Speaker 3: And and then a lot of right wing commentators are like, this is an attack on Catholicism and Christianity at large, makes no mistake.
Speaker 1: They're drag performers who dress as nuns. Is that the idea?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like they it's like all for fundraising for all kinds of different causes, but again like yeah, there's just very campy drag, none kind of visuals and and like even like more other like figures like you know, you know, bishops or whatever, but very can be colorful because yeah, because they're making fun of the people and their fun ghost stories that they tell you you're going to go to at double hockey Sticks if you don't eat fish on Friday.
Speaker 1: Hey, Marco, while we're on the subject, you see this headline out of Chicago.
Speaker 2: Oh no, what's that is about? The is about the Catholic Church? Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: A new report also names four hundred and fifty one Catholic clerics and religious brothers who abused the children abused children between I mean nineteen fifty in twenty nineteen, far more than the church acknowledged before the review began.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over two thousand children.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 3: But again, like that's what always I can't believe when these people are like, well.
Speaker 2: I mean I can, but you got it.
Speaker 3: You like they have to put all that shit out of their head, like you're talking about groomers and people like actually putting children at risk and we see this constantly and organized religion. But again, yeah, let's come after the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's kind of like a weird look.
Speaker 3: I honestly, like once the Dodgers did it, Like in my mind, the damage is kind of done. Yeah, and like their whole thing is like after generous conversations with the you know, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Like we're offering our sincereous apologies and it's like generous conversations. I think they're probably like because they they're like please, and.
Speaker 2: They're like, okay, how about this, Like let's negotiate then, and they're like okay, fine, please be just this is such a bad look for us. We cave to Marco.
Speaker 1: Up, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk meet Ball ron tiny Ron DeSantis is only five foot nine inches tall. Oh all right, we'll be right back, and we're back. And DeSantis is expected to announce today, is that or already has probably by the time you've.
Speaker 2: Oh really you heard this, it's happening today.
Speaker 1: I think so. Actually, so the tweet the truth, it was a truth and it has two million or two hundred thousand. Oh sorry, god, I was imagining there were more people on truth the way that they like count truths and retruths and likes is So this Donald J. Trump truth has one point nine nine thousand and retruth What does that mean? Point n So that's just one nine ninety Oh that's what Oh yeah, okay, but anyway, but it says tiny quote Ron DeSantis is five foot seven and people are like, uh, oh, game over, brother God. But he's gonna launch his presidential bid with Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: Oh wow wow, wow wow wow cool.
Speaker 1: Cool winning team.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, two human ship posts together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's let's not forget.
Speaker 3: Uh, his his old his time at Guantanamo, which he's really fighting, like really wants people to forget that part.
Speaker 2: How do you remember me? No chance, little little old me. Wait, are you talking to me?
Speaker 1: Ron DeSantis? Yeah, yes, this is a this is an interesting press conference being held by you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, got it, got it, got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting.
Speaker 3: See a lot of people talk about how one of the biggest differences between Trump and Ronda Santis is like rond DeSantis has a lot of these interesting moments caught on camera, whether he's like laughing like an absolute cornball, like where you never kind of see Donald Trump like hamming it up. We're like, look at this fucking fake politician laugh, where like Ronda Santas has so many of these gifts and be like, you're like, what's up with this guy.
Speaker 1: Where he lets the facade fall for a second.
Speaker 3: Exactly, or him where he wiped his like snot on a guy in Iowa, Like this is another video that's like going around where he like wiped his nose and then he goes all right, brother and just pats him on the shoulder.
Speaker 2: Just there you go, leave it right there?
Speaker 1: Boom, oh nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I laugh for it. Look at this laugh Jack?
Speaker 1: Is that? Myles? What the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: I don't that's the dean scream of laughs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, I hadn't seen that screen cap of it and assumed that it was like AI generally no campaign event, and he has a laughing fit that looks like he's unwell, yeah, he's I think, because this is the thing like everyone everyone has said that he is the kind of like he doesn't know how to work a room, so he leans into it real heavy. Yeah, and it's off putting to a lot of people because it's so like transparently just fake.
Speaker 2: But hey, he can't be less.
Speaker 1: He's kind of the Buddha Judge of the right.
Speaker 2: Right, he's like has seems more sincere than this guy. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like there's like something calculated about.
Speaker 3: But see, okay, I think I know you mean, like buddhajuge. You can kind of see through it and you're like, I know, I see your programming that you're running where Buddha.
Speaker 1: Judge, but like he there's just similar things. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's insincere for sure.
Speaker 3: Yes, the way DeSantis does it, you're like, oh, come on, like what the you're not even trying.
Speaker 1: He actually has like some Hillary vibes where it's like, you know, trying to be down, trying to be cool and like just failing at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't at least where Hillary Clinton was like trying to court black voters. Run to Sandy's like, I have I keep a clan hood in my bag, right, just like you folks that.
Speaker 1: That laugh is wild though I had not, Isn't it It's interest, It's troubling, like i've it's it's one of those things that contributes to like all these like donors and ship being like, oh, this guy's not presidential with him and then immediately are like, man, he's like he just doesn't seem to have his like all all his faculties about him.
Speaker 2: He's in he's in campaign mode. Jack.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, we could well, his campaign strategy seems to be make America Florida. That that's like one of his opening lines at all his campaign stops. And don't think everybody's on board with that, Like even right wing people, it feels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, no, we like your brand of cruelty to those people there, but like it's more fun for us to see, not like to be in it. No, right, we like the cruelty from afar. I think we've made that clear.
Speaker 3: Is like right wingers, we're not We're very averse to experiencing any kind of difficulty or trouble to the point where we will cry and crumble, So we like to keep it very far away from our experience and we just like to watch with our popcorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyways, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, go watch that Ron DeSantis laughter video. If you just want to be like shaken to your core. Be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow by Fight