Speaker 1: Hay yourballers. Navy Federal is proud to serve over eight million members and is open to active duty military. The DoD veterans and their family members receive a lifetime of membership benefits like a credit card APR average that is four percent lower than the industries member only exclusive rates and more. Visit Navy Federal dot org slash solid for more information. Call one eight eight eight eight four to two six three two eight, or download the Navy Federal Credit Union app today. Messaging data rates may apply. Visit Navy Federal dot org for more information.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the solid verbal Come that for me.
Speaker 3: I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy.
Speaker 4: You want to be happy? For day A to state?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: Whoom?
Speaker 2: Whoom? And now down and tie.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the solid verbal boys and girls.
Speaker 2: My name is Ty Hildebrandt.
Speaker 1: Joining me is always over there in Springy.
Speaker 2: New York City. Dan rubistein, sir, how are you, Ty?
Speaker 4: I have a business proposition for you and for us and for solid verbal media. Ooh ooh, now hold on pause, Yeah, is this my long running, greatest idea ever of starting an Ottoman only department s or titled the Ottoman Empire. Now, we can't build businesses solely to satisfy you're telling you this would work, but it's not fully far off from that. Okay, So you saw the news story that dominated the headlines, tangentially related to college football but not really with college coaches and administrators in on a scheme with sat people and wealthy parents who are trying to get their kids into USC or Yale or Stanford. These these bigger, more interesting, I don't know if they're more interesting, but more prestigious in certain ways schools.
Speaker 2: Right, Aunt Becky ensnared in that one.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Felicity Huffman, and part of the scheme involved using college sports teams as ways for these kids to oh their prospects, their recruits. We're not going through the normal student avenue to apply to get into USC or Stanford or Yale or Georgetown or any of these schools. We're going to try and apply as a prospective student athlete and therefore bypass the normal channels and have a coach say yes, except this person. They are somebody I'm interested in. And because these sports are not necessarily scholarship sports, and you know it's more difficult with a sport like football or basketball.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, I got you until.
Speaker 4: The solid verbal comes around and gives credibility to whoever needs it as a college football recruit on whatever level. Just very casually saying, hey, Ty, did you see uh Ian uh Ian Fingelson is a pretty interesting h back out of luth min is sod?
Speaker 1: Did you realize that this will be exhibit A in our conspiracy trial?
Speaker 4: What I will say is it was all a joke. Okay, it was all a timely joke that works. And so because people know we are largely full of nonsense on this show, sure they will ignore this very seriousness wink wink of this, this scheme that I've devised. So the problem with football is that, especially at big schools, everybody knows the recruits. Everybody knows the pretty substantial You have.
Speaker 1: Thought an all star for about this, haven't you? I'm picking this up here. You've really spent some time thinking this through.
Speaker 4: Ty, I've got a kid now. College isn't getting any cheaper. Diapers aren't cheap. Sports media isn't what he used to It is not, It really isn't. So what I am proposing Ty, you're not We're not recording this right, Well we are, actually, Yes, what I am always play a long time. What I am proposing is we give that very organic casual credibility to anybody who wants to be thought of as a serious football recruit. We have this is we have had our DM slid into by coaches and administrator.
Speaker 2: This is this is one hundred percent true.
Speaker 4: We have ears tie. I'm just it's probably too late. It is now, it is too late.
Speaker 1: Steam theme is taking on a whole new meaning in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think the jig maybe up, the maybe up. Maybe this is the second Remember Napster tried to go again. Yeah, after everything went awry, after Metallica got there their two to three cents. Maybe this is our second wave of the jig.
Speaker 1: Anyway, welcome back to the show fight on I'm tie.
Speaker 2: He is Dan.
Speaker 1: You can always write in solid verbal at gmail dot com. Where else, Well, we're on Twitter, We're on Facebook. We've been a little bit more active on Instagram as of late, posting some of the trials and tribulations here of the college football off season.
Speaker 4: Slide into our DMS. There, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 1: Av man wherever We've also got a subreddit started, Buyverballers four of her Ballers at reddit dot com slash r slash Solid Verbal. Of course, you could download the show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to ask you before we go much.
Speaker 1: Further, because I know we got to talk about the PAC twelve and you did an interview with Bruce that we want to get to. But the college basketball tournament is set to start next week. I have not watched a second of college basketball all year, okay all year, but typically we do our pool here for a free T shirt.
Speaker 4: Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to verify that you were still gaming to do that ready, Yes, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have Mama h and there, we have solid wife Kate, we have Jody with and I we might have the solid baby fit out of bracket. Somehow, I'll figure out a way. Mama and Papa Rubinstein. Sure, this is a it's a family affair, and you haven't watched it. I've watched some college basketball because I do a show on ESPN Plus for our friends at the Action Networks with some college basketball and gambling during the spring. So I've watched.
Speaker 2: We are in the presence yeah royalty.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, cool, well all right, now stay tuned on the Twitter, the Facebook, we'll post it on Instagram.
Speaker 4: It'll be on ESPN, right, so if you go to that ESPN it's called generally like the Bracket Challenge, Yeah, the Tournament Challenge.
Speaker 2: It'll be there.
Speaker 4: If you the solid verbal, it will be easily found.
Speaker 2: It's the same group that it's always been.
Speaker 1: But we'll send out notice as best we can through all the social channels and jump on in a couple of times if you want, we don't care, and if you win, you get a free shirt.
Speaker 4: Oh it's great, so soft.
Speaker 2: Okay With that being said, Dan, what are we talking about today?
Speaker 4: So we're talking? I mean you've seen the title. It's the PAC twelve Autopsy Show. We've done sec AC in Big twelve, so now we just have the Big ten. In terms of Power five conferences, I'd like to do some group of five as well, but today's PAC twelve. We have Bruce Feldman, who has been on this show for basically as long as the show has existed. Yep, a good friend of the show. And before we get into that though, I just want to bounce things off of each other, please, with regard to where the PAC twelve not as much. I talked about this with Bruce a little bit. The end of it, the perception of the conference and all of the like, everything is crumbling, it's falling apart, the Roman Empire. Now to you off season stories, the way that you look back on how the PAC twelve season ended, the way you feel about things as you look way into the future about the twenty nineteen season for the PAC twelve. Is it just USC and upheaval there that's defining the moment? What else stands out to you?
Speaker 1: I think in light of what we saw on the recruiting trail, I'm very intrigued for the next chapter of the Chip Kelly era at UCLA. Ucla did not set the world on fire, had moments from a recruiting standpoint, I'm talking correct, Yes, yeah, did not set the world on fire there. I am way more interested, I think in what I see as turmoil with a few teams in the South. Not that I'm not interested in where Washington State goes now, and certainly Washington and Oregon, who I think could have a really good year, But you know, I'm interested in USC that next chapter. As you mentioned, what happens at usc UCLA, What is the next chapter for them? Colorado's got a new coach in mel Tucker. We talked about mel Tucker a couple shows ago. Brandon Huffman talked about how he thought that was actually a really good fit. It looked like it was working out well. And then you know, at the end of the day, I'm just real curious to know how Utah is going to manage to win nine games again, sure, and defy the odds despite I know, come August, we're going to look at you on say yeah they're seven and five team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we'll be wrong like we are every every year they win nine games. I in my mind, UCLA is incredibly intriguing, not necessarily in the short term, but like, and you're you are in this business. You're quite literally in the business of when when a website gets redesigned, an app gets redesigned. Sorry excuse me, you are in the information technology business.
Speaker 2: You said that was better?
Speaker 4: That was better? Yes, when a website gets completely overhauled and redesigned, or a new operating system comes out, what happens. Everybody hates it, right, I was like, oh, this, where's Where's the menu, where's the and then a week later, two weeks later, it's either real still really bad, or people just get used to it, people just move on. I'm curious both as it relates to Chip Kelly and his career and his legacy as a college coach. And for UCLA what this whatever it is two point oh three point oh four point zero, redesign, reboot, refresh, What we end up thinking about at the end of twenty nineteen with it isn't that is incredibly intriguing to me. The USC turmoil upheaval, that's all well documented. I'm genuinely excited to see what their offense evolves into. With Graham Harrell the Arizona Schools. Is Kalil tap good again? What does ASU look like in your two of herm without Todd Graham? Guys, how deep are they really? Even though he has recruited pretty well. The melt Tucker thing is interesting to me, and you mentioned Brandon Huffman. Melt Tucker, I believe is the one new PAC twelve coach, and I think I am more excited than I am skeptical of him. But I'd like to see what they look like on the recruiting trail and how much they go about doing things in an even slightly unorthodox way. I would have loved for Colorado to have hired the Princeton offensive coordinator who ended up at Oklahoma State. Like I felt like that out of the box hire would have been really nice at Colorado because there it really doesn't seem like they're gonna be able to pull in top twenty classes, but it's a great place to go to school, and it's a picturesque experience in Boulder. I'm curious about that Utah. I don't think there's anything new to wonder about with Utah. The Utah's Utah under Kyle Winningham.
Speaker 1: I just look at this and I see a tale of two cities, with the North being the sim city with the cool arcologies, you know, and things are bright and sunny and looking up, and the South being just maybe that side that's going to have a tornado.
Speaker 4: Or the disasters are turned up to ten. A high crime rate in that area, it's just a rioting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A lot going on in the South that I think makes it more interesting on the surface.
Speaker 4: With Utah, just like Yep, they have a rent controlled building and things are going pretty well. Ye people are paying the rent. It's a nice little courtyard up north. Though. I'm in for sure optimistic about Oregon, but I am also very much in prove it mode. You tell me Justin Herbert's a top five pick. You tell me they've recruited super well. I saw what they looked like on the road last year. I am show me, prove it. Let's see it. Washington should once again be very good. Wazoo is the most fun wild card in the conference. And I'm worried Stanford is trending downward a little bit. I have some worry about that, But otherwise, I think in terms of variability, in terms of storylines, as we've seen year in and year out when we had the Big Twelve, sky is falling. They're going down to ten teams. They can't attract anybody to join the conference, and the only teams they can attract are from the AAC or from whatever conference that really isn't a huge market or a huge athletic program. And then suddenly they make the playoff, Baker Mayfield goes number one on They're all coaching and over, and the Big Twelve becomes the most entertaining conference in college football. So what it tells me. It's not necessarily that it's cyclical. It's just hard to stay depressing for very long. In college football, things can.
Speaker 2: Change very quickly. Yeah, can change very very quickly.
Speaker 1: That's where my head is at all, right, well, Dan, I also wanted to point out that every man looks better, feels better, is more confident in general when he puts on a suit, especially if it's an Indo chinosuit. As you know, the world's most exciting made to measure men's wear a company. They've got suits and shirts that fit your exact measurements for unparalleled comfort. Dan, all you gotta do is either visit a stylist at an Indo Chino showroom. They're all over the place, by the way, what you and I are going to do, We're going to do this together sometime this summer. Yes, you go to a showroom, you get your measurements taken, or you can measure at home and then just shop online at Indo Chino dot com. That's I do O Chi and o dot com. You choose your fabrics, your colors, any design customizations like the lapel, linings, pockets, buttons, excuse me, monograms.
Speaker 2: You name it. Then you submit it. You relax.
Speaker 1: Your suit is going to get professionally made and mailed to you just a couple of weeks. Our listeners can get any premium Indo chinosuit for three fifty nine at indochino dot com when you enter the code solid sol id at checkout, fifty percent off the regular price for a made to measure premium suit. Shipping is free indo chino dot com promo code Solid Any premium suit just three fifty nine in free shippings. An incredible deal premium made to measure suit. Once you go custom, you're not going to want to go back.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: I NDoc hino dot com. Your promo code is solid.
Speaker 4: How slim? Are you willing to go with this suit?
Speaker 2: How slim?
Speaker 4: How slim? Do you have obstructions to going real slim?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Do you have weirdly shaped legs? In any way? Cause it's custom, they'll make it work for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you mean by I don't it doesn't need to be for fitting slim.
Speaker 4: I think it's gotta be.
Speaker 2: No. No, I don't want form fitting slim.
Speaker 4: Give Kate the gift she's been a began for I think we should find an escalator to do that rain Man Lately scene where we're coming down an escalator together in suits with some sunglasses on. I think that's what we have to I don't know where an escalator will be around here, but I'll find.
Speaker 2: One Lehigh Valley mall. We could do it.
Speaker 4: Done all right.
Speaker 1: On that note, Daniel did an interview with our good friend Bruce Felman from The Athletic in Fox Sports.
Speaker 4: Have a listen.
Speaker 2: We'll pick it up on the flip side.
Speaker 4: And with that we now bring in our long, long time, dear dear friend Bruce Feldman from the Athletic and from Fox Sports on a sideline near you. He's a TV star, he's a podcasting star, he's an on the page star. Are you in any other mediums right now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 3: You've covered my whole profile so great.
Speaker 4: I am glad to have done it. Here's my question before we start in with the PAC twelve teams. In our PAC twelve autopsy, a story came out that Larry Scott is staying in a seventy five, one hundred dollars a night suite in Las Vegas for the PAC twelve tournament. I have no idea how true any of these numbers are. What is the nicest hotel room you have ever stayed in? As somebody who is constantly in hotel rooms.
Speaker 3: You know, it's actually in the Vegas area. Okay, I had some buddies who had a hookup in like a Green Valley Ranch or Green Valley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like Henderson, Nevada.
Speaker 3: It is in Henderson, Nevada. And you know, I think we had like eight flat screen TVs in the in the place it was. We got a deal and we got a deal for like five ninety nine at night, and that was a deal. I was like, wait, and this was I don't know, this is fifteen years ago or so, but it was an outrageously nice setup we had at that point that would be the nicest in terms of in terms of on the road with Fox. A couple of years ago, we did a big, big, Big twelve title game. We stayed at the Four Seasons maybe in Las Colinas, And when we were there, it was the same time the Redskins were playing the Cowboys on a Thursday night game and they were the Redskins were staying it hotel. It was a pretty awesome set up there, But again I would go with the one in Vegas that really really popped.
Speaker 4: What's the number one amenity you need? Is it a gym? Is it you know high water pressure? Is it a super comfortable bed, dependable Wi Fi? What is the one atop all amenity mountains?
Speaker 3: Oh? That's good. I would say a great gym really stands out. Our TV crew last year we would we would joke with the fittest crew in college football show. We would we love a couple of places we had that had like real big gyms and and set ups as the postig. Remember we had the Apple Cup and there were three of us in the in the workout room, which was like literally like a closet any place else, and so where you'd have to like stretch outside in the hall or outside literally while other people were like on the one elliptical. So I would say, probably Jim, that's that's the number one thing.
Speaker 4: This is you Joe Davis and Brady Quinn. Yes, Okay, now I can see that. I don't know who which crew would rival that. I'm trying to think of, like former linebackers that are in crazy shape. Chris Pielman is not. No, I think that's probably herb Street and Fowler is not bad.
Speaker 3: No, But I mean, like right now, Brady's still in pretty ridiculous shape. He looks like an NFL tight end. Mar'ting that many any analysts who are in that shape. Joe is young. I mean, Joe is like. I don't say it's half the age of Chris, because Chris is in really good shape, whether he's you know, thirty five or you know, fifty, but you know, Joe is like thirty one years old. So you know, I think we all are like huge workout people. So I think that's part of it. I'm probably dragging the dragging down that curve. But I did want to play basketball against Maria Taylor at TCU one day. She's there sideline.
Speaker 4: How'd you do Marie?
Speaker 3: It was a college athlete, she was sports there. I do remember, like, you know, her trying to post us. It's like, you need to get out of here. This is embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Wow. I like it.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to football before you talk about embarrassing basketball stories. Give me a number between one and twelve. We will attack this randomly, and so I don't select teams. I want to talk about more than others and you do the same number between one and twelve.
Speaker 3: First number is eight.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're talking Stanford. Stanford, they have a lot to replace both with their offensive skill. I think the top three or four pass catchers gone new offensive coordinator that makes us all feel very old and Tavita Prichard, and I think they're replacing a lot on the back half of their defense. Question to you is, do you think kJ Costello is good enough to will this offense forward? I think I do? Do you?
Speaker 3: I do? We We did have done a couple of kJ Costello games. I'm a believer in him. You're right, they did lose some really good skill guys. The offensive line, which has some talent. You know, is the first year in the post Mike won Boom gern Era. I know a lot of people like Kevin Carberry. He's a Bill Callahan disciple that worked with in the NFL. He's the a line coach. I think they have talent there. I'm not sure to me they I don't want to get ahead of your script here, but I should think they're probably the third best team in the division. Ok. Costello notwithstanding, I think kJ Coussel is actually as good as any quarterback will be in the conference.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough, give me a number, another number between one and twelve, just not eight twelve, all right? Number twelve is Washington States. And they looked awesome last year and that was that was the grad transfer quarterback, a total new look coaching staff, replacing a bunch of big deal guys on both sides of the ball. Has Washington State reached the point where anything less than say, nine wins is a disappointment, especially in this version of the PAC twelve.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't be, though, I mean, I would say anything less than eight wins should probably a disappointment. A nine wins is I mean, remember they won nine games in the whole four year Paul Woolf lun So, I think you got to be realistic. I think last year was somewhat of an aberration. They never won eleven games until last year. I think a lot of that was on Gardner Minshew and kind of the magic quorra he brought to them. He's talented, and I thought he just reached and told me. I think before the Apple Cups he's the best leader we've ever had at a quarterback. And that included his time at Texas Tech. So the receivers are still really good. I think Max Borgy is going to be a really good player. For them to obviously lose Andre Dillard, who's their best offensive lineman, I think it's going to hurt them as much as anything. They're losing Peyton Paloor, who is a really good college player in the middle of that defense. I look at them and think they're going to be probably a seven or eight win team. I think Stanford, Oregon and Washington are better. I mean, look, Washington whipped them ever since Chris Peterson's got in the conference. Leach was four and one last year and games decided by six points. Sometimes that swings swings the other way. You know. I think the road schedule is not n easy. They got to go, you know, even those teams that I mentioned. And by the way, Cal has held them to less than ten points a game since Justin Wilcox has been the head coach though last two years. Yeah, So I don't know. I'm just I looked at the over under on the seat and win total, and I don't think Washington State's gonna I think they're gonna take a little.
Speaker 4: Bit here, all right, A number between one through twelve, not number twelve or number eight, number one, number one, Let's talk USC. See we waited till the third team to talk USC. That's how democratic this is. And after last year ended and with how the offseason has gone, is there a sense that USC's twenty nineteen potential is maybe the word is capped or is there hope USC can almost overachieve with a downpack twelve and still a considerable talent advantage most of the time.
Speaker 3: If you're USC, overachieving is going to the playoff in this case, Okay, I mean, I know they won five games, but you still have better talent than anybody in your division at least. And they have three young players in there at all three levels on the defense who I know? You know people? I was at the up all combat two weeks ago and there are three guys were mentioned. They're all like freshman or last year. They have talent. I'm curious to see how the Graham Herald transition without a Lion coach, full line coach, who is you know he brought or has familiarity in the scheme they have. They have really good receivers. Their offensive line has been disappointing. I think they will be better with the Graham Herald there, but I and they'll have more of an identity. But I don't know if they're going to be more than an eight win team. Do you look at that first six games they have, it's rough. And if they're three and three and there's a blowout or two in there, which is entirely possible, and you look who they play, they can pull the plug on Clay help and try to get a head start on the coaching search. So I don't know. I'm not optimistic. I think I think eight to four is probably about as high as I'll go with that group.
Speaker 4: Is their belief do you think among the players in this coaching staff, obviously externally fans administrators, the belief is sort of wavering in the Clay Hilton staff. But do the players still buy in?
Speaker 3: Uh, that's a great question. I don't know what the real answer on that is. I guess we'll find out. I mean, from what I had heard before the start of spring spring football was that they had that some of the kind of message board kind of panic that you would usually have, that some of that has kind of seeped into the football building. And because you'd have kids in the go into the transfer portal and some of the other the other angst started to mount. So I don't know. That's that's the challenge is who who is the leadership and how strong is that there inside the locker room. I mean, people are going to be people are gonna be curious to see what's going on because there's gonna be all kinds of rumblings about when you're on such a hot seat there. But the leadership, BOYD, is real inside the USC.
Speaker 4: All right, let's stay in LA. I'll make you pick another number. But you feel like going into last year, you on this show talked about the Bruins just playe not having an even decent roster of Pac twelve caliber players. So how much closer are the Bruins now to having that? And overall do you believe this is what this is what Chip Kelly envisioned, what you know, what would they would look like between year one and year two?
Speaker 3: I think they are. They are closer to being a I think they're probably a Bowl team now, okay, and I think they're probably a seven win team. I don't think they have a ton of talent there, but they have pretty much everybody back on defense except for a Darius Pickett, who is a really good solid safety, and they got back They're going to get back Josh Woods, who might have been their best player, but he missed all last year with injury. They have a lot of young guys in the D line fit what they want. I think they're still probably not ready those players, but at least they have guys who have experienced in the system and they know what what Kelly and that staff want, not just on the field, but in every aspect of being UCLA football players. I think Dorian Thompson Robinson, he's talented and everything I've heard has been very positive of how he's how he continues to develop there. So I mean that's a big plus. As far as the skill guys to Saint Oregon, they do not have dynamic change, game changing guys, you know they have. They have a couple of guys who can do some you know one thing really well. Has Allen, who is I think Kelly's first recruit there. He's a He's a small freshman who's got a ton of speed, but I think you know that expression, he's a track guy, not a football player of vice versa. I mean at this point, it feels like he's a track guy, and so you know, where does where does that? Joshua Kelly in our game we did the USC UCLA game. He ran for almost three hundred yards against against USC. He's a former one double way back. It wasn't like he was a great running back in the one double A level, but he did some nice things and they got better in the last month of the season. I mean, you look, they average almost five hundred yards a game in the last month of the season and like three thirty or three fifty in the first two months. So I clearly shows there they're kind of getting a better graph of what this version of Chip Kelly is doing as opposed to you know, I think a lot of people remember from the Oregon days and he's done. He does, you know, some things a little bit differently scheme wise, but you know, again, the personnel is still not great. I mean I would guess that their personnel they don't have any running back like JJ Taylor. They don't have the receivers that USC has, and they don't have the physicality on both lines and the maturity that Utah has. So you know, I think they're probably right now I think they go through three wins to maybe seven. You know, maybe they can get to eight. I don't know. But I think the key thing with him more than anything is development and guys who understand and believe in what they're doing. And I think that's when the transition has kind of been, you know, take us two steps forward, one step back in some ways.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Oregon. Then, because it's obviously Chips former school. The Ducks will get they'll get a lot of top of conference attention because of Justin Herbert and recent recruiting. But to what extent are you? Are you a believer and the rest of this team and this coaching staff as conference contender, Oh, this is gonna be good. This is the literation conference contender caliber, especially when they when they like face planted last year. They really face planted in those first halfs against Wazoo in Arizona and Utah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, look, they have good frontline talent. I think they're still building up the depth. They're gonna miss Dylan Mitchell. They had one really good receiver and he was it. I think they're going to be really good on the offensive line. That's a big plus. I like Justin Herbert as a as a guy. I think he's, you know, a great student. Off the field, He's got a lot of talent. I you know, you wonder if he's gotten you know, when people talk about him as the first pick in the draft part if he will come in. I'm a little skeptical of that. I don't think, you know, I don't see I don't see that at this point. Defensively, they're okay, you know, I like the hire of Andy Abolos, who did really well at Boise State. Well, here's what concerns me about Oregon. I think Oregon is the top twenty team. But here's what concerns me about them. They were not a good team on the road land you love. You know, they get drilled at Pullman, they get absolutely smashed by a very mediocre Arizona team. They get beat at Utah. That's not good. I mean basically the only place they went to that they won it was core Ballast. That isn't a far trip. And I'm sorry they did win. You know, they did win a cow so.
Speaker 4: I won a col Yeah, that's not that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that that part concerns me, especially when you look at now where they have to go, you know, like, yeah, Washington State was a pretty good team last year, but but Arizona wasn't and they got blown out there. I mean they lost at Utah. That's not an easy place to play. But now you're talking about, you know, having to go to Washington, having to go to Stamford. Those are not going to be those are not going to be easy trips. So and they have a tough opener. But right now I'm pump the brakes on Oregon. I think they're a top fifteen ish kind of team. I don't know if they're more than that. Until they showed that they can they can really do it on the road, I think that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that all sounds that. It sounds reasonable, And we can then talk about a team that has had a higher ceiling recently in Washington Oregon's i think chief rival at this point until Oregon State sort of gets back to a more respectable level. And even with losing what they lost this year, especially on defense, they've built a wrecking crew on that side of the ball. It's consistent coaching and recruiting. Why has the offense struggled to keep up is you know, they've built up the experience was it was it just sort of a Jake Browning has a ceiling and he is going to have two and a half total dud games every year, and that's that's sort of that. Is there something beyond that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment. I think you also had Bush Hampden kind of growing into the role as a play caller there as offensive coordinator. I think the receiver play was pretty underwhelming. We'll see if Junior Adams comes in highly touted, what kind of impact he can make with a younger group of receivers. They've red shirted some kids who are very hyped. We'll see if they can deliver. They're One of the bigger storylines on the West Coast is going to be Jacob Eason, who was once ranked five star. Is he that or is he the guy some some folks inside the Georgia program are a little skeptical.
Speaker 4: Of what do you think.
Speaker 3: I'm not you know, I'm I don't. I'm not sure he's going to be the five star guy. You know, I think some of the things, some of the things that the people inside Georgia or Leiria are the kinds of things that I feel like the recruiting guys may not see which is how well does he how well does he find open receivers? How accurate is he? I mean, no doubt, he's legit, big six', five and he's got a really really strong. Arm but if he can't connect with open receivers and see and see defense as, well that great arm isn't going to help him that, much you. Know AND i feel like the expectations are really really, high AND i would be a little more cautious on. That they also Lost Miles, gastrin who's the all time leading rusher. There SO i still think they're probably the best team on The West coast BECAUSE i think that, defensively even with the secondary guys they, lost they've recruited so well on the back, end AND i still think they got a bunch of you they have some really good young d linemen to couple that with the TALENT i think they have in the. SECONDARY i Think Jimmy lake Is i'd be surprised if he has a bad defense as long as he's you, know, There AND i think they have really good personnel and they have an identity. There they should be pretty good on THE o, Line SO i, think you, KNOW i think they have. Enough it's, just you, know if they're going to be a team that's going to make noise in the, playoff gets the playfrom to make, Noise jigbeeson needs to be the five star, guy but he was hyped to. BE i think they're a team that can win THE pac twelve just because this IS i don't think THE pac twelve is very. GOOD i think it's bad and the bad in THE pac Twelve, south AND i think THEY i don't. KNOW i think they just have an experience and a savvy that That oregon doesn't. Have AND i just don't Think stanford has enough firepower to. Overtake have you looked at.
Speaker 2: Your interest rate?
Speaker 1: Lately, yeah refinance your high interest credit card balances and save with a credit card consolidation loan from our good friends over at Light. Stream you can get a rate as low as six point one four PERCENT apr with auto. Pay the rate is, fixed it's never going to go. Up get a loan from five thousand to one hundred thousand. Dollars there are no. Fees you can even get your money as soon as the day you. Apply because when you've got good. Credit you deserve good service and a low interest fixed rate loan from Light stream that is lending. Uncomplicated now our listeners can get an additional interest rate. Discount the only way to get, it, though is to go To lightstream dot com Slash solid that is L i g H t st r e A m Dot com Slash. Solid of, course subject to credit. Approval the rate includes a point five percent autopay. Discount terms and conditions apply and offers our subject to change without. Notice Visit lightstream Dot com Slash solid for more. Information we're also brought to you today by our good friends over At. Robinhood robinhood is an investi gap that lets you buy and sell, stocks, ETFs, options and cryptos all commission. Free while other brokerages charge up to ten dollars for every, Trade robinhood doesn't charge any commission, fees so you can trade stocks and keep all of your. Profits, plus there is no account minimum deposit needed to get you, started so you can start investing at any. Level the, simple intuitive design Of robinhood makes investing easy for newcomers and experts. Alike view easy to understand charts and market, data and place a trade in just four tabs on your. Smartphone you can also view stock collections such as the one hundred most. Popular With, robinhood you can learn how to invest in the market as you build your, portfolio discover new, stocks track your favorite, companies and get custom notifications for price movements so you never miss the right moment to. Invest robinhood is giving listeners of The solid verbal a free stock Like, Apple ford Or sprint to help you build your. Portfolio sign up at solid dot robinhood dot.
Speaker 4: Com another team without firepower and it's it's heartbreaking to watch them because the defense has been so good recently and has been good Against washington Is cal and they're another team With they just need the offense to be average to win more games because that, defense especially the back, end has been so. Good so are you buying at all into cal offensive improvement or is it just a matter of they need to they need to have at least like eleven fourteen more dudes that are HIGH pac twelve caliber until we can really talk About cal as like an.
Speaker 3: Team, YEAH i think they're well. COACHED i. DON'T i just don't think you SAID i don't think they have the, firepower, right, now they don't have enough. Receivers they don't Have like a couple of years, ago when you, Know Sonny dykes was there And Jake staviogal was, there they had some really good young. Receivers they don't have that right, now and quarterback plays been. LIMITED i think they're going to Miss Patrick, laird who is very solid for the last couple of. Years you, KNOW i THOUGHT i thought they'd gotten about as much out of their roster as anybody on The West, coast with a possible exception Of Washington. State you, KNOW i just And i'm not SURE i see it going up much more than. THAT i, mean are we looking and, saying, okay you, know you, Know Chase garber's Or Devin mobster are going to turn out to be you, Know Gardner. Minshew i'm not seeing. THAT i, mean SO i don't know at this. POINT i, MEAN i think they'll be they'll be, competitive and they'll be tough for they'll be but you, know the have a pull a couple of. Upsets BUT i think they'll probably a six or seven win. Team JUST i just don't think they have enough firepower to be much more than.
Speaker 4: That all, right and a team with and it's been a while since we've been at this, Point but the clear best receiver in The pac twelve Is Laviska. CHANALT i don't even know if anybody can argue. THAT i don't know who.
Speaker 3: CAN i would say he's the clear best player offensive player in the.
Speaker 4: League, YEAH i THINK i think that's a there's a pretty easy argument to be. Made and they finished the SEASON i think AVERAGING i want to, say thirteen points a game in their last three or four. Games and now they start over with a new, staff Mel, tucker do you lean in the direction Of colorado being re energized with health and good experience back on offense With chanalt And Steven montes or is it sort of like a take your lumps kind of year with another it's a pretty brutal back half of twenty.
Speaker 3: Nineteen, YEAH i THINK i think Mel tucker will will be a Good and WHEN i say short term, SIX i don't mean he's going to fall apart two years from. Now BUT i just think he can hit the ground. Running Because, montez there's a lot to like there in a consistency sometimes is, shaky but he's very. TALENTED i LIKE i SAID i Think channel is the most is the best offensive player in the, league and, Uh Katie nixon is a IS a is a really good you, know he's a fire plug and a really dynamic. Player they have concern because you, know they get a Grad france for the last year From Virginia tech who really gave a boost to the run, game and now they got, to you, know resort that out AND i Think Meal tucker is going to want to be. Physical AND i don't know how he finds that run game to what he's been used, to whether when he was In TUSCO us certainly you know the last couple of years In georgia where they had stud running. Backs they have some talent on, Defense they have some guys who can really. RUN i don't know if they have much depth behind, it BUT i think there are some pieces for him to work. WITH i think they're Their bowl, team, okay BUT i don't. Know you, know, AGAIN i Like Stephen, montes but they got to help him more with a run. GAME i don't know where they how they manufacture. That so maybe they're maybe they're a six and six kind of, team unless somewhere along the way they find like a stud to kind of really take some of the pressure off of off Of La. Visca AND i, mean LIKE i, said they have some otherwide receivers are good, players BUT i just don't know if they can you, know it feels like they'd be a little more one. DIMENSIONAL i don't Want Stephen montes to be the biggest threat in the backfield running either or on the jet sweep stuff whatever they do in the riscame.
Speaker 4: Right fair another player WHO i think has the potential to be the best player in the conference offensively because of what he did two years. Ago it's probably Still khalil. Tape he decides to come back To arizona after there are rumors of him transferring, elsewhere and the story last year was how comfortably is he is he in this? Offense is how beat up is? He you, know there were rumors of injuries and he did sit out a. Game so do you think there's there's confidence from the coaching staff after he didn't transfer that he's turned a, corner especially after he had a really Good november last.
Speaker 3: YEAR i heard there, was but, again you, know we need to see him be really dynamic and, look these are the things that made you, great don't diminish them LIKE i. SAID i, mean you, KNOW Jj taylor is just fantastic running. Back they have some some playmakers around. Him if he's the guy he was in twenty, seventeen they're a top twenty five. Team if he plays like he did in the first month of the, season they're not going to go. Gold so, again what does he want to? Do AND i don't have a great read on that BECAUSE i don't until we see what he's doing in the games and how you, know dialed into. That that's a that's a, big BIG x factor for. That you, know they're such a hard team to. READ i think because of you, Know, kevin someone's had some great runs with guys like this and then he's you, know had some head scratching moments and this is WHERE i don't know where they're going to be right.
Speaker 4: Now that's all that seems. FAIR i JUST i really want twenty Seventeen khalil, tape just because we don't have anybody else right now in college football who is that kind of dynamic threat at his. Best.
Speaker 3: NO i mean that's the, thing is you wonder with somebody in his head, saying, hey don't do it this. WAY i don't know the answer to, that but it was definitely definitely a little bit of it. That, okay it was a big.
Speaker 4: Disappointment so let's stay in. STATE asu was they were actually quietly pretty good down the stretch they ran away From. UTAH i think that was When Tyler huntley got.
Speaker 1: Hurt.
Speaker 4: Though they Took oregon to the wire And. Eugene but as we as we enter into year two of this, staff do you expect things to lean? Again this is the lump thing THAT i was talking about With, colorado but this is year. Two do they take lumps after losing some some really Big Todd graham, guys or or do they build on their strong finish with some interesting pieces on the back half of that. DEFENSE i don't.
Speaker 3: KNOW i, mean Many wilkins played a ton of football for, Them, Obviously Nikhil harry was just a real go to. Guy hm they still, have you, Know, BENJAMIN i feel. Weird you, Know i'm saying it's just BECAUSE i wasn't on The herm bandwagon to start, with and he delivered better THAN i thought he.
Speaker 4: Did they were really competitive all.
Speaker 3: Year they, were and they Beat Michigan, state which was a good, win maybe not a great win and repspract but it was about as good an out of conference win as anybody else. HAD i don't. KNOW i don't know if they're going to get much, better, THOUGH i really. Don't i'm Still, county still skeptical on.
Speaker 4: This, okay and that team that they did beat Comfortably. Utah they come out of the gate last year scoring like eight points a, game and then they score something like forty a game In, october and then it was a nightmare Against washington And. Northwestern they are the most consistently pretty good team in the. Conference are they getting any closer to that on offense, now especially that they lose their offensive. COORDINATOR i think they.
Speaker 3: ARE i think they're the closest thing to a sure, thing not necessarily sure, thing like they're going to win the, conference but like, YOU i feel like you know what you're. Getting they have key, injuries and they still kind of play through because because they're so tied into his identity of being. Physical bradley AND i is one of the best defensive, line best defensive players in the. Conference they're going to lose some good guys in the middle of the defense who could run down a bunch of plays and make. Plays BUT i still think with, them and, again you, know they had key injuries at quarterback and running back and they still played for the conference title and we're right there Against washington and they were close to winning. It SO i think they're the. Team And i've said this before just from when you do games and you're on the sideline for, games there is no team is more of an eye opener to watch play Than utah if you just kind of, like, OH i don't know how they, winning un your good coach on how he does. It when you see him from field, level you know exactly how they do it because they're super. Physical they don't they're a good tackling, team and they're pretty much tougher than just about everybody they. Play so you, know If Tyler, huntley who does some really good, things if he really can stay healthy and continue to build on, it they, can and not only can they play for they're a top fifteen, team then you know THEY i don't know if they're more than, that but AGAIN i think THEY'RE i think they're very very good AND i think they'll be very very. Good.
Speaker 4: Again final team Is Oregon, state whose limitations are pretty. Clear but what are the positive takeaways from a pretty brutal twenty eighteen and are are any of those meaningful moving?
Speaker 3: Forward Jamar Jefferson. Yep probably the best kept secret on The West. Coast there's a there's a defense CORTERNATY i talked to you about about talent and he was, LIKE i, said who's the best running back you? Saw And Jamar jefferson's name came. Up he's big time and that's a good piece For Jonathan smith to. Build he's had a couple of grad transfers WHO i think will help. Them you, KNOW i think they're they're going to get. BETTER i don't know how, much how much further they're going to? Go you, know can they push past What cal? Is and that's a that's a pretty heavy division right. NOW i MEAN i know that That it's not like there's An alabama right now in there where you have a consistent playoff. Team But washington's very. GOOD i think you look at How Mario Crysto ball is recruiting At oregon now and you know that they're going to have. Talent they're going to be. Good stanford's not going. Away Mike leach is always going to be a, problem AND i Think Justin wilcock just showed you know that a. Coach so here we are, NOW i, mean you have a really good running. Back what are the other pieces you have? AROUND i don't. Know is that is that? ENOUGH i DON'T i don't out at this.
Speaker 4: Point, man it doesn't seem like it, now but could be interesting. Later big, picture this has been an off season in the conference that has been characterized by some combination of disappointment and perceived. Disappointment you know is The Big series and The oregonian About Larry scott AND pac twelve expenses and they're not winning, enough And Rick newheisel says it's because they're not enough three hundred and twenty pound dudes that are. Good where do you fall? On the sky is? Falling It's defcon. One THE pac twelve has a nightmare on its. Hands are you are you fully bought into an emergency situation or do you think it is slightly?
Speaker 3: DIFFERENT i think it's slightly, different AND i think that there are there is enough dey line than in THE pac twelve footprint to be as good as you need to. Be the key is recruiting the right ones and not losing. That. NO i Mean, lsu a guy From Salt Lake city that one of the coaches in THE pac twelve told me things might be the best defensive tackle in the. Country you got to win that refruiting battle and keep him. In maybe maybe three years, ago that kid's A usc. Trojan now he's An Lsu. Tiger you. Know he's six three two two six three three, sixty really explosive and. Physical and that's the kind of guy that you need to keep in the, conference you. Know AND i think so those are those are. SIGNIFICANT usc has some of those kinds of guys that are they just have they don't have enough of, them and they have struggled to develop them or keep them on, track, Right AND i think that's what's, hurt you. KNOW i mean the uh there's two guys who start for The SAN francoo forty nine ers defensive line who are as good, looking, deep you, know specimens as you're going to. See they both played At, oregon, right you, know where's where's A Lote nata?
Speaker 4: From?
Speaker 3: YEAH i mean you have where's Dmkan su? From those guys they didn't grow up In. Georgia i'm not saying there aren't guys like, that Because lord, knows there's a ton of guys like that in The. Southeast but there's there's plenty of those guys who are in all over The West. Coast there's a bunch In, california there's a bunch of In, utah there's a handful in The Pacific. NORTHWEST i mean the THING i would, say And i'm curious to see your thought on. This, YEAH i feel like the recruiting evaluator, guys AND i think they do a good. Job we're talking about the online recruiting, world not the, coaches BUT i think they do a good. Job BUT i think they are usually more resourced in The southeast and in that part of the country then they're on The West, coast WHERE i feel like it's It's Brandon, huffman It's Greg, biggins and there's a handful of other, guys, RIGHT i feel like THEY i don't know if they miss more on The West, coast but Like Vita vea with a three star guy From milpitas In. California you look At, VITAVEYA i mean he's a did any defensive lineman who's, come you, know a big defensive. LINE i don't think it's Overly Jadavian, clowney but you, know he's a massive, guy who's a freaky, athlete who is a dominant guy at times At. Washington but he wasn't like a blue chip, recruit, Right, SO i mean he's From. California those guys are. There it's just, AGAIN i think it's it's it's keeping him in the. CONFERENCE i really think it comes back to. That lord, knows there's plenty of quarterbacks out here AND. USC i, MEAN i mean there's very few schools have had anywhere near is going to run or receivers AS usc has in the last. Decade, right you, know it's Hug Smith, Schuster It's Robert, Woods It's mark Peace, lee you, Know Nelson. Aguilar there's a bunch of. Dudes the guys that have now are. Good you, Know Michael pittman's. Good so you, Know i'm On, Ross Saint brown is. Good there are guys out. Here it's, just, uh it's JUST i, think you, KNOW usc is tay off in a big. Way AND i think that's highlighted.
Speaker 4: It here's my big picture, thought AND i probably hurt myself, thinking AND i don't try to think too hard about college, football but WHEN i saw, THAT i thought it. Ignored WHEN i see that, CRITICISM i think it ignores some pretty obvious realities of THE pac. Twelve and one of them is IF usc Beats Washington state two years ago In pullman and makes it into the playoff at whatever twelve and one are we having this conversation if THE pac twelve has a premiere program on a national stage, consistently AND i Know washington was in the, playoff and this will come across bias BECAUSE i can't help but be biased as An oregon, FAN i think on The West coast because you are so far. Away unless you are a team who has been good and has built up goodwill amongst national college football fans for years and, years LIKE Us seed did Under Pete carroll And oregon did Under ballotti And Chip, kelly that it will take time for people to care about A West coast. Team and so If arizona runs the table this, YEAR i don't think anybody will care. Nationally If utah runs the, TABLE i don't think it will move a. Needle AND i Think washington And Washington state being. GOOD i think they both finished in the top twelve this past. YEAR i think people just don't care because they're not you, know people Know Mike, leach BUT i don't think they fully Trust Washington state because of how bad they were not too long. Ago AND i think they don't Trust washington because when we've seen them on that national, stage whether it's in the, playoff whether against it's Against, auburn whether it's Against Ohio state this, year whether it's AGAINST usc on that Big saturday night GAME i think that was On, fox they've always come up. Short AND i don't think there's trust. Yet and that short of Either oregon OR usc as a top five to seven, TEAM i think The pac twelve has a, really really tough. Climb but if they do have one of those, TEAMS i don't think anybody freaks.
Speaker 3: Out, Yeah AND i think that's it's hard to say, say but, right, look if if you, know If oregon doesn't lose in the last second field goal To, auburn you know there's a national title, there AND i think people do that change the. Perception, no BUT i think THERE'S i think there's little things because people can write off well that year That utah Beat alabama in a bowl.
Speaker 4: Game Well, alabama you, know they were A Mountain west team then, TOO i.
Speaker 3: Know BUT i mean it's still it's still you, know it's like people write that stuff off when it's like a one off or it's hard for, them you, know to get, around you, know the, reality because people are entirely going to believe what they want to, believe, right and those perceptions don't happen, overnight, right you, know like If i'm A Notre dame, fan like The orange has been really good except when they played you, know teams that are more talented and they've gotten absolutely. Pummeled, sure and that's you, know you can say whatever you, want but it's like it's a perception, game, Right and when you're a top, team which used to BE, ufc when they're not very, good you, know like you can knock like you can knock THE acc all you. Want right, Now clemson's is, good if not better than everybody. Else the rest of the. Division the rest of the conference doesn't look very, good but at least at the, top they're, strong and that's the stuff that people pay attention. To once you start sorting, out like how good or how, bad Like arkansas was horrible this. Year nobody really cared, though because you, know you have you have these other teams that are heavyweight. Teams you, Know it's like you very rarely have an argument whether Whether Oregon state Or arkansas Or minnesota Or rutgers are the worst. Team, Right it's it's about the top of the division and top of the. Conference AND i think that's where it. Hurts where like you, said some of The washington, games you, know If Buddha baker picks Off jalen hurts at the beginning of the playoff, Game, yeah it's that a different. Game now With, washington are they playing from the? Lead is you know who? KNOWS i mean my guess is it's probably not. Different but you, know one big play can make a big. Difference we've seen plenty of examples of.
Speaker 4: That, Yeah AND i think if YOU i don't think it's actually unique to THE pac. Twelve AND i still think THE pac twelve has a number of distribution and network and perception issues regardless of the on field and the top of the. Conference BUT i don't think anybody you, know hearkens back to the day When Georgia tech Played Wake forest in THE acc championship. Game that was not a STRONG. Acc that was not a good time for THE acc because of what it looked like at the. Top if we see AN sec championship game OF i don't, Know missouri And, arkansas are we going to? Think, man THE sec is in a great. PLACE i don't feel like we're going To AND i just, think you, know the teams outside of THE pac, twelve the power, teams it's probably harder because of their their local talent to really fall like some of the team and THE pac twelve. Have BUT i don't think the dynamic of THE pac twelve having these issues is necessarily unique to THE pac. Twelve AND i think you're, right it's just what and who is at the.
Speaker 3: Top, Yeah i'm that drives the BUS.
Speaker 4: Yep all, Right, bruce thank you very much for your. Time everybody should listen to the audible With bruce And Stu, mandel who is a lot of people consider to be the most dangerous man in college football. MEDIA i can't say too much, why but don't Cross, Stu that's ALL i will.
Speaker 3: Say, NO i, MEAN i don't think people Know stu has a black belt And brazilian jiu. Jitsu it would surprise. Them but that's why the most dangerous guy.
Speaker 4: You'll be on the sidelines this. Fall that's the. Plan that is the. Plan, yes that is the. Plan and obviously you are all over the place for in a good way for The. Athletic and really liked your piece about The alabama coaching staff just sort of disappearing in the middle of the night or at Least Dan, inos their offensive. Coordinator AND i really hope that we get to see more of you doing those types of stories all over the.
Speaker 3: COUNTRY i appreciate it that story That alabama coaching Staff saban transition story that got probably more ine twice as much Interests i've made any Story i've done in. Years so if people haven't read, it it's actually the thing That i've pinned on My twitter. Page so check it out if you, haven't AND i appreciate you saying.
Speaker 4: That Perfect all, right go go Follow Bruce fveldman On. Twitter it's very easy to find him and read. Him if you are not a subscriber To The, athletic you are one percent missing. OUT i just read a piece About Klay thompson's career At Washington state and oral history of all of his, weirdness and it's probably worth the subscription just for. That So, bruce thank you very much for your time and we will talk to you.
Speaker 3: Soon thank, You.
Speaker 4: Dan all, Right, dan we are.
Speaker 1: Back that Was Bruce felman again the Athletic Fox. SPORTS i enjoyed the conversation at the, Top, yeah talking about his opinion that his crew is in the best.
Speaker 4: Shape it's a PRETTY i, mean it's not a tough competition because there are just older former coaches and former players that it's going to be tough to hang with a younger crew when you Have Joe davis And Brady, quinn Although Brady quinn is now moving to the game day competitor That fox is doing mostly out of the. STUDIO i, think, okay which is an interesting.
Speaker 1: CONVERSATION i was trying to rack my brain for who might be better than, them AND i was really kind of coming up empty AS i was listening back to.
Speaker 4: THAT i, mean we have a very young play by play announcer who calls into the show or leaves a voice meal and that leads me to believe because we are so simpatico with food on the road that perhaps his first priority is not hitting the. Gym, yeah slim trim guy at. HIM i mean, sure but priority is elsewhere where it is for. Us so that was it was obviously great to Have bruce On what is your number? WELL i Asked bruce this too though with the gym. Stuff what is your number one amenity in a hotel?
Speaker 3: Room?
Speaker 4: Yeah so is it bed? Comfort is? It water pressure in the? Shower is its you, know size of the, room is it having a suite in? Space is?
Speaker 1: It CAN i get very CAN i get very super? Specific a bar by all, means my number one amenity is not going to be listed on any, Pamphlet. OKAY i prefer, well WiFi is always, important but that's like. Electricity at this. POINT i prefer a hotel room that doesn't have outlandishly hard.
Speaker 4: Water, okay and that's very difficult to. Find and hard water is water that is extremely. Acidic what is? It it's the.
Speaker 1: Water that when you like hop in the shower and you soap yourself.
Speaker 4: Up, oh it's mineral.
Speaker 1: Content, yeah you feel like the water is sticking to you that, sure you know what you're, Talking that, grimy sticky feeling that you get when you use the water in a hotel, Oftentimes, yeah that's hard. WATER i like when you can come out of the shower feeling refreshed and not like you got to peel the water off.
Speaker 4: Yourself minor all water. Related it is that shower water. Pressure it is if there's an indoor pool. AVAILABLE i love that because living somewhere where winter can be particularly aggressive AND i don't get to go swim in a whole. BUNCH i love that. Ability don't really go in the hot tub too, much BUT i will happily do a quick sea ball into the pool and then just your your luxurious bed. TY i JUST i want to sink. In there's just something about a great hotel bed fun.
Speaker 1: Interview thank you again to our Friend Bruce. Felman yep again the Athletic Fox.
Speaker 4: Sports did you just send an email to me AS i was talking about a? HOTEL i, Did, YEAH i.
Speaker 2: Did, actually my, gosh.
Speaker 1: Not about, that not about the show at, all unrelated business my, god.
Speaker 4: Bulletin, yeah SOMETIMES i feel like you just do not take me seriously on that.
Speaker 1: Note, yeah thanks again To. Bruce we will be back next. WEEK i don't know what we'll do next. Week could do A q AND a next week could do another. Autopsy we'll just have to figure that. Out write in let us know what you. Think we're On, Twitter, Facebook, instagram the email inbox is always out. There solid verbal at gmail dot. Com and one final tidbit that it would like to throw out. There, okay our Boy, Taylor oh Love, Taylor our Boy. Taylor he is the chief reverbs. Engineer he's been our trusted deputy for your molar is still on or formerly Of Redshell, radio all over The place Podcast. Extraordinary, yeah our good Friend Taylor swink gets married This.
Speaker 2: Saturday oh hell, yeah This.
Speaker 1: Saturday so WHAT i would ask Everybody it's not a secret, verbal per. SE i know where you're going with. This perhaps honeymoon sweet, yeah perhaps the least secret. Verbal BUT i want everyone out, there at a, minimum if you're On, twitter please write to ct schwink that's ct sc h W i N. K at a, minimum offer him some congratulations either before the, wedding after the, wedding what have, You and if you so, desire please offer him some wedding advice about you, know the, reception the, honeymoon, whatever anything that you can muster.
Speaker 2: Up wedding.
Speaker 1: Advice, wise send it to our boy Ct schwink, again trusted deputy of the show for a long, time one of our true, fans true supporters for, GOSH i can't even tell you how many. Years and we're happy for, Him we're excited for. Him it's a real cool thing that's about to go down in his. Life so please join in on the fund and offer him your.
Speaker 4: Support an incredibly important part of the solid verbal family of like four and a. Half absolutely shout Out, Taylor shout Out, courtney shout out to not wearing that Hideous maryland flag bow tie if he wore to The Chicago come, on, NO i mean at his. Wedding he should not be wearing, that you, know while exchanging. Vows but other than you wear it all the. Time, Otherwise, yeah give him some advice and let's hope for the best for. Them great.
Speaker 1: Couple all, Right, well on that, note we will be back next. Week stay tuned in the meantime to the Soliverbal twitter, Feed, Facebook, instagram all the usual hotspots for that guy with, There Dan. Rubenstein my name Is ty Hilden. Brandt we will catch you all. Soon in the, meantime enjoy the rest of your, week your weekend until next, Time stay, soft, hey