Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 4: The crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boothtmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boozmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by colar Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 3: Colon cancer is considered one of the most preventable, yet least prevented cancers. When called in the early stages, colon cancer has a survival rate of ninety percent, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer deaths. That's why the American Cancer Society recommends that if you're at average risk, you begin screening for colon cancer at age forty five, and the convenient way to do that is with coli Guard tests. The cold Guard test allows you to be in control of your colon colon cancer screening through prescription based tests delivered to your door with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy, liquid prep, no days off, no invasive procedures, Plus colon Guard test is affordable most insured patients pay zero dollars and if follow up colonoscopy is needed after a positive colon Guard test, this is usually covered by insurance. Also, so if you're forty five years of older and at average risk, you can ask your health care provider about screening for colon cancer with the colon Guard test. You can also request a coli Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com slash podcast. The colon Guard test is intended to screen the dose forty five and order at average risk of col director cancer. Do not use COVID guard tests if you have had athenemus, have inflammatory biblesease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family district of co erectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies. High risk patients color Gard tests and adults forty five to forty nine if estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older, false positive and false negatives canccur.
Speaker 2: Colordgard is available by prescription only.
Speaker 4: OH Joe Speaking Speaking the Money, A man.
Speaker 3: Goes viral for Biden, gives girl a Honda Civic for a birthday, and gets clown on social media. Man go a man goes viral bid this girl a Honda Civic for a birthday and gets clown.
Speaker 6: Oh yo, why are you alone? Is a good car looking y'all? Y'all like the man an athlete.
Speaker 1: Damn forget an excipit being a good car. I mean you're getting the vehicle to give him point A to point B. Obviously, you want to stay within your financial lane. You don't want to get something that you're not able to afford. You want to you don't want to get something that you can't pay for, you can't make payments. It's it's not that difficult, people. The man got something based on his salary and what he makes where he's comfortable helping his young lady out. That ain't hard, That ain't difficult to understand. And then the people of the people's most to the time that people are making fun of it, probably got man.
Speaker 4: He got no car ojo.
Speaker 2: That don't get me started on that there.
Speaker 3: I mean, what they see, that's that's why I know. That's why you know, I've been talking to a lot of people.
Speaker 6: They ain't showing the Internet ain't real because oh Joe, the inter and that I half you thinking like man, I really need to get me another job.
Speaker 2: Look out any more for living man?
Speaker 3: Uh, they take a picture you fell on one thousand dollars just to go take a picture on the private jet.
Speaker 6: You written car, you written home. That got people thinking that's your crib.
Speaker 5: For what?
Speaker 3: Just so you could impress somebody. You tried to impress somebody that you never met. Yeah, that guess what. They don't care about you.
Speaker 1: It's all about it's all about for traying a certain image on.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean that.
Speaker 3: I mean they're not a whole lot of guys that that would be willing to buy their girl a car, even if he lives are hard to see it mm hmmm. And she seemed just as happy because it was better than what she had, which was nothing.
Speaker 4: Nothing. It bes better than catching the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely kind of shame the man t I claimed, the man clown, the man on social media. Bro put your arm around your lady, because a lot of a lot of jokers out there he wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Man, he I'm.
Speaker 3: Surprised they didn't call him a simp because you know, you can't do nothing for your lady.
Speaker 2: For taking care of your lady.
Speaker 3: No, girl, you're not you simple because you ain't e't got no girl. But because because you man, I wouldn't do that for my lady. Y'all ain't gonna tell me what to do for my lady. I'm gonna do what theyver the if.
Speaker 2: I won't absolutely every time.
Speaker 6: So man, you a simp okay, And your point is, y'all think you didn't be thinking to be heard. You're feeling talking about that bro y'all ain't got no money.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, if no, you.
Speaker 4: Might have money.
Speaker 3: And when you talking about I got to do all that for my girl, guess what somebody else is.
Speaker 2: Oh, Oh, I don't eve want to break no bad duke, I don't break no bad all all all the ticket.
Speaker 1: You know. The funny thing about it, all this take for her is to experience it from one person. Yeah, it's like, yes, one time. Oh this is what it's like. Oh, this is what I've been missing out on.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, oh Joe.
Speaker 4: I mean if I was I.
Speaker 3: Didn't play in the NFL took care of my money. Let's say I'm a hard working guy. I'm working a regular nine blue collar and blue blue collar, real real blue. Yes, my collar black because it's dirty because I'm working my ass off with you. You know what I'm saying. Yes, I'm with you now.
Speaker 6: And if I yeah, I won't take care of my lady for sure.
Speaker 2: That's a part heart of it, right, always has been.
Speaker 3: That's me now everybody everybody wired like you and I that we believe that that you know, we should take care of those because I want. Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna take care of mine. That's what somebody else do. I don't care what somebody else do for their lady. I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna do for mine.
Speaker 4: Mine.
Speaker 3: So what you do, I'm cool. You don't want to take your girl do this, or you don't want to do that. I ain't finna judge you. I ain't finna look down at you. But I'm not gonna make you feel bad because I cared you can't do for your because that's what it comes down to, on you. A lot of guys can't do anything for their lady, and since they can't, they're gonna try to make you feel bad that you can.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly and matter of fact, they're using the word simp.
Speaker 1: They're using it out of context, they're using it totally out of context.
Speaker 4: What do you say, you sa you live, you living with your girl?
Speaker 3: You simping if you're still at home? You said it if you live in an apartment. And John O'Brien said, if you got your assets on your ass, you simp it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, now who really said it? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, I ignore it?
Speaker 3: A young man. Oh yo, God, there was a stretch in my life, but I didn't do a lot of things because I felt guilty because Lord blessed me and showed favor on me and somebody else of others didn't have. I said, why should I feel bad about my some hold on? Others get mad at me about results they didn't get for the work they didn't put in. I put the work in, now see that. Come on, man, all do its work, okay, but do get something. Y'all say, oh, he's Illuminati, when no Lumina, Oh Joe? Who else talking to?
Speaker 2: Who's that? Oh? Uh?
Speaker 4: Wall Wallow and Gilly.
Speaker 6: When black people have success, it always had to come by ill gotten means. See when a white person, ain't nobody saying, ain't nobody saying, uh Joe Rogan he Lluminati?
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody say nothingbody Kelsey's being Luminati.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody saying nothing about Alas Cooper calling Daddy Illuminati, black person, Luminati hit Um sold something he Hollywood hit Um sown out. So the soul we can't be sick.
Speaker 4: I want but I'm listen, I'm talking. Look, oh, Jo, next year we're going to the.
Speaker 3: Na A cp Awarde Ward because I want I want you to feel what I felt. I want you to see how those people, yeah, how they think of what they think of you, and I.
Speaker 4: You've got to beat you got to experience this.
Speaker 3: And I was telling Joyce said, man, oh, you'll need to be here to hear this. How they speak about Nightcap, how they love Nightcap, how oh cho and play off each other.
Speaker 4: Man, y'all do so well. I'm proud of y'all. Brothers.
Speaker 3: Hey, And they say, man, look here, don't worry about the Internet because they're gonna try to break y'all up. They're gonna keep trying to bring confusion in there. Don't y'all listen to that? Y'all great going, Yeah to be when when I'm in the air in the airport or be it whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man.
Speaker 1: This is this is everywhere everywhere anyway and I'm in the Bahamas them four five days. I stayed in the Bamas, hunk everywhere I went. Man, we love Nightcap. You gotta get Sharton to come out here.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell him. I don't know if you're gonna make it to the Bahamas, but I'm gonna show let him know how much you appreciate the show. This is everywhere. M h on the plane, at the mall, places you would think, and then certain people you wouldn't think, wouldn't even be, wouldn't even be watching.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh Joe, I'm talking about I'm talking about sixty seventy.
Speaker 4: Year old wife.
Speaker 1: Man, I take I have to take maches off sometimes. The people that walk up to me and say they watch Nightcap. What yes, yes, yes man, yes, yes, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So for us, man, it's an unbelievable feeling the love and that, Like I said, Oh Joe, you got to experience this. You got to you got to feel people that look like us. That is successful, right and proud.
Speaker 4: Ain't no hating.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about proud man. Y'all did it. Man, y'all doing it. Keep doing what you're doing, brother, Keep inspiring.
Speaker 4: Okay, That's all I need to.
Speaker 3: Now. The guys in this that Steady here talking lay up. That's my dog right there, the one, the only uh I mean real name. Mama called him getting They fan you what we call him? Earthquake?
Speaker 2: Quite what it do?
Speaker 4: Old chub?
Speaker 2: What's happening? By what? Hey? Quack?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 4: How you doing? By so blessing Halloy training?
Speaker 2: You see? How to put my real name up there? Trump?
Speaker 4: It's important people. I couldn't let him know I'm from here. I'm looking. I'm like the thing.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: It's hot in these streets.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep your plans for it. Which you say your real name?
Speaker 6: You can't say pookie that's around the reported man can't get back here?
Speaker 2: Quait?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Man? I'm so blessed Hallowy training? Man, I love to show too, man, So y'all do y'all stress that?
Speaker 2: Man? I'm probably you know, probably you man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man, we talked.
Speaker 3: I don't really have a whole lot of close friends and people that I communicate with that I didn't play sports with, but Quake is one of the ones. I mean I met Quake. I mean I used to see him with Atlanta and come to his shows. But then I met him probably about nine years ago, and there we flying were fighting the Red our Black to Atlanta and we're in We're in the sky Club and man, we struck up a conversation and man, we've been, we've been, we've been, we've been down ever since. Man, I mean a good dude, real dude. Hey, there's been some times that he called him u us.
Speaker 2: It's a man.
Speaker 4: Look at let that go.
Speaker 7: Man hate from the chief seats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't do I can't do that, Pam.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have to do it by theself.
Speaker 2: Man, that's crazy. Craig.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you, man, Listen, I've been watching you over the years. Man, you've been in comedy. Man, you've been in the game for a long time. Boss man, and I'm a fan. I'm a huge fan. How has your comedic style evolved over the years, being that through each era, you know, you're not not what your set, your sets have to change based on your audience.
Speaker 6: Well, I always stay as a true artist. A comedy show reflect the error that she in. And that's why I'm saying it's so important now that everything we're going.
Speaker 2: For you can't haven not jokes.
Speaker 6: This is the time to be the Richard Crod James Coglan, to be able to reflect so you can have this longevity if you're relevant in the times that you're living, you know what I mean. So that's always been my cup. I mean she I'm quick with it. I don't take a long time, and then I have a different delivery. So much is like a preacher and I'm rapping trial.
Speaker 2: So you know I gave you. I'm like McDonald's. I'm over a billion jokes toes. So you just you ain't no time to win for me.
Speaker 6: I ain't got them long stories and waiting for.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Just keep punching to the bell, stop right quick.
Speaker 3: I remember you said one time what a true comics job is is to take real life events and make them funny. A lot of times you're talking about your provstate. We had to get prov You had to get your prov Stay check. You take real life events. Be a dating situation. Now, I think you're about to get you know, got mad yet?
Speaker 6: Wait No, I'm gonna send you It's all over, don't We walked through the Valley of Jeh.
Speaker 1: Gotta get out these streets, hey, man, dangerous.
Speaker 2: I'm following. I'm following the right behind you.
Speaker 4: Man, starting to get off these streets.
Speaker 2: Man, these old players better than realize that's what they make.
Speaker 8: Sidebo come on over again, say like seeing old man didn't hit back off.
Speaker 4: Quick. Let me ask you this quake.
Speaker 6: When you first started doing comedy shows and you're on the circle, your chilling circuit, and you're going to leave small club and you're making fifth and they paying you one hundred dollars, did you ever think comedy would be as mainstream and you could make the money that you're making right now when you first started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because see I own my own club and Steve Harvey comedy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Steve Harvey came, and this ninety three, and Steve Harvey came. Then three shows on Friday, three on Sunday, and I wrote him a chucks was seventy two thousand dollars on the side on ninety three.
Speaker 9: I said, man, I ain't know that count of body here? Yes, I said, I understanding here for a hour just for the stuff that you utter. Oh man, yes, lord, I know it's a bitiful thing. If you can join them, people to come in right.
Speaker 3: Well, if you've been the military, let me ask you this, when did you know that you know what comedy the avenue I'm gonna pursue because you went to the military and you could have been, you know, been a civil servant or you're like Noah, military military they won't make no money.
Speaker 4: They won't make no money.
Speaker 3: Actually, our boys will go ahead and make this real money out here being a comedian. When did you start taking comedy serious?
Speaker 6: Well, I wish I did have a good to be quite honest with your story like that. I was gonna do twenty years in the military, but the war broke out, and I said, I.
Speaker 2: Don't mind paticships for war. WI ch'all fighting for real mother. I just came here to get away from my mother. Lockt me some real you would drop me baying offense the crib man. I ain't no real soldier. Man, It's time to tap out.
Speaker 6: So I went to Atlanta and just tried comedy out just as that just charting, and ain't nothing better account. That's why my I got the name Earthquake, because if it didn't work out, I ain't want my family to be joking on me talking about you know, you've got out the military trying to be Richard Pride, so.
Speaker 2: Earthquake. So it worked out. So you know, yes, I ain't want to mess up my good name. So someone said, earthquake you're born. I'm like, I don't go on earthquake. My name, my parent.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, who were some of some of the comedians that inspired you when you first started out?
Speaker 2: You know, you're Richard Prize and names of that sort.
Speaker 6: I got in the game after prior Paul of it, just into the game of the occupation of it.
Speaker 4: But all the great such.
Speaker 2: As the uh stay uh, Steve, Bernie, all of them.
Speaker 6: You gotta understand, I hold my own club. So all the crimes that you see now came through my club. Chris talk of course the uh uh.
Speaker 2: On there it's James, all of the all of us work in this club.
Speaker 6: This was a trading shield for and you know the other ones was the big stars, like the George Wallace and stuff like that. So George, man boy, George is the first brother that taught me how to do a.
Speaker 2: Door there said you need.
Speaker 4: And some of the food in the liquor.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 10: George, Hey, how do you how do you feel about about the state of the state of stand up comedy today as opposed to have was you know, in our younger days.
Speaker 1: And I'm saying in our younger days because I'm I'm right up there with y'all.
Speaker 2: Well, the only thing I would say personally as a comedian, it's being a comedian.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't mind be doing.
Speaker 2: Anything doing your full man or sit down here Twitter, dude, but where's the jokes.
Speaker 4: I want to hear the jokes.
Speaker 2: If you it won't be something else and you're gonna be a provocate tour or whatever. Okay't do that.
Speaker 6: But if you're go frother of this battom as a comedian, you need to be funnered and you can't break what you did last year's just like Joe, dang you last year had nothing to do with this year.
Speaker 2: When you step on the field right when you're still living off for stuff you did in the past. You know what I'm saying. I used to be in nineteen ninety seven Super Bowl champions went two dollars five turn five. You know what I mean? You sitting there here, you went it up eight four. You know you used someone on the floe too, Maybe not my flaers. I ain't got nothing to say to you, so I feel just be funner, put the joke to it.
Speaker 3: Wait, quake when you look at where we are now, because it seems like a lot of these comedians are popping.
Speaker 4: Up through social social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when your days you didn't have social media, you like you said you had to be funny. They were, well, they got doing a whole lot of skits back then. I remember Flip Wilson. You remember Flip Wilson had the Variety show, carping thatck tim kwak Conway. There are a few that had to cod the skit, the sketch comedies, but for the most part, god stand up on stage.
Speaker 4: Women stood up on stage.
Speaker 6: With that microphone and they walked pace back and forth, and they told jokes. And now it seemed like social media guys blow up guys at men and women blow up overnight.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but seeing it looks like on professional whatever means you need to be seeing a boy scout, You still better be able to play because it ain't nothing gonna hurt you when you get.
Speaker 2: On that stage.
Speaker 6: Now you might get them the first time, sell all out because you was great on the Internet. But in all my sah, they won't spend another dollar the world to get around it sucks, and they'll let you know boo and that change.
Speaker 2: You found out just how long a minute is when you stand on that stunt. Oh man, it's different up there. It's a hard job, but I love it. Quake, I know you cool with Chapelle.
Speaker 3: You wanted a few comics that that Chapel allowed to get close to him, you Donnelle Rollins. I had down all alone. I tore it. I tore it, mother, Quake. I got me some jokes for quick. I got me some jokes.
Speaker 4: I listened to you say, hey, they come up here, get you a few jokes on them.
Speaker 6: I got it, I got I got a few opponents when when when I hear he's one of the few like George Carlin could do this that he could tell a joke while all the while providing social commentary.
Speaker 4: And that's a that's.
Speaker 2: A very very unique ability to have.
Speaker 3: He can take real life events, he can make them funny, but tell him in such a way that it disarms the crowd.
Speaker 2: He he's a genius. Man.
Speaker 6: I have the privilege. I just worked with them all all star weekend in Oakland. And when I tell you said he has now it was just as funny as any unboy all And he's God given for this.
Speaker 2: This is what he's here for.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean to interpret it.
Speaker 6: And it's very relevant back to what I'm saying these other times.
Speaker 2: And comedians, true comedians.
Speaker 6: Have the obligation to tell the world and tell truth to power through your jokes and.
Speaker 2: Educate you through the laughter. Same as the people you said, George calling the Richard Crowns.
Speaker 6: These people stood when we was going through the worst thing, when able to articulate what we is.
Speaker 2: And he's there doing it for us now and it's great and I'm just privilege to be his friend. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: So what's the next are you? Are you into it right?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not ready for this? So you boy? Ready for this?
Speaker 6: Another next week? Next Flint special. Uh, Dave Speller's gonna produce some for them coming to Alan.
Speaker 2: Believe we're gonna be in in the wall. Say what the next two months we're gonna spell. We're gonna do it. That's what's gonna be great. I'm ready for it, Doctor MATERI.
Speaker 3: Let me have to find out. Let me have to find out for somebody other than you. I'm dee, I'm coming a head and you know you don't wanna do that to me.
Speaker 4: I I got a couple of bullets.
Speaker 2: But you already already.
Speaker 4: Quick time. I talk about my fathers.
Speaker 2: You know I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: And I'm brother.
Speaker 2: I'm telling to see now because winning put the ink on the But your boy gonna be on TV on the network, so my all TV show.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 4: Quick bird. You know, I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Like I said, Man Drew one of the few people outside of sports that I that I that I communicate on the regular basis. And uh, Man, I really appreciate you joining tonight. But Man, you know I've seen your show. I've always thought You've always been one of my favorite comedians. And after getting an opportunity to really know you and talking even before you sat down with me on Club Shap having an opportunity to talk to you on the Rag, Man, you're just a good dude.
Speaker 4: You're a real good dude.
Speaker 2: Bro. Thank you, Man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 11: I show you my man man and still and you know it, brother Splin, you don't spend none of that money. Let's keep it keep that money, man, don't let him rich shaying you you're not loving.
Speaker 1: Listen, we ain't going back then, broke we do. Hey, listen, I ain't spending none in thirty seven years. Man, Listen, I didn't. I've been enjoying the food to my labor. This year, I told myself I'm gonna treat myself twenty twenty five. So this year I'm for the ack up quick This year I'm gonna back up for twenty twenty six. I'm gonna go ahead and shut it back down.
Speaker 4: Wenna, give yourself in here, but don't let him rich shame me.
Speaker 2: Man, keep this bumby on.
Speaker 4: I've been rooting for you.
Speaker 6: Don't spend enough, Yes, sir, hey quick Man, appreciate your time. Man, enjoy I'm looking forward to you. Like I say, hit me up, let me know because I'm definitely coming through that.
Speaker 4: I'm coming through the show.
Speaker 6: Bro I'm on the showing that too, and I'm a so so sting you and on show invittention to the wind Man.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be huge. Everybody gonna be there, and I would love for y'all to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't have no Bigan food Quake, I know you eating Healthy're not going with.
Speaker 2: That fool jive.
Speaker 4: I got you, I got people food.
Speaker 3: I'm okay, okay, Craig, I appreciate that bad thanks for joining us, and cap bro lock me.
Speaker 4: Hey, oh Joe, I don't know, I'll be like Comedia friends.
Speaker 2: You got bad but that I got a lot of them now, dude, Hey yeah and cat bad. Look here bad funny funny funny fun I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I been like, Bro, can we can it? Can we like be?
Speaker 3: I mean you might get like one sentence of something seriously in by that all jokes, all jokes, all jokes.
Speaker 2: Bad but mad.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's a good dude. Man, that's a real good dude. And Quake, thank you for joining tonight, Oh Joe, let's get right back into it. A woman says she sent her baby daddy two thousand dollars out of her income tax return for being a good father.
Speaker 4: Cheers to not be in a better baby mama.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm bragging because DJ really do have a great daddy. Out of out of the four years son has been here, he's never skipped the beat in my boy life.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's that's dope. That's dope. That's so I like it.
Speaker 1: I like, I mean sometimes you know, I mean I don't know about reward what were supposed to already be doing. I mean, you know, you're not supposed to get a reward for what you're supposed to do. That's what he's not supposed to this beat, you know, that's his child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we're not supposed we're not supposed to argue. You're not supposed to get mad if I date somebody else and I move on right.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, okay, yeah, okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm with you me here, right, I agree. I don't believe. But I mean, I don't know if I would have said, my my my my child's uh my co parent. You know, I don't want to say, because you don't hate Shelley, call me my co parent. Uh money for doing what they're supposed to.
Speaker 2: But hm, you wouldn't do that what like you know what I'm saying, money just if they if they need an extra you wouldn't. And I'm not even and I'm not even.
Speaker 1: I'm not speaking on the part in context of her sending it because he's doing a good job. Listen, just the fact that they have a child for me, you always good, or you don't or you don't operate.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just saying that's how I operate. If you have a child for.
Speaker 1: Me, you're always good and always will be for the simple fact that you do have my child, right, regardless to your circumstances, regardless of who you're dealing with, regards who you're seeing. You know, every time, depending on who you see, they might not be as you already know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't check nobody's pospets. But if there's something that you need.
Speaker 1: Regarding the child, sometimes maybe not regarding the child, depending on the importance.
Speaker 2: Of it or the situation. Okay, you good? You know, ain't I ain't nasty? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think my kids, I think my my co parent. It's a good stand the situation.
Speaker 3: Or not right, Yeah, yeah, okay, okay, wait, Now look we were young, we had kids, young, first time parents.
Speaker 4: I'm in my career.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They wanted things that I'm not I didn't think I could give at the time. Looking back on it, probably should have handled things a lot different. I'm not saying that I would have changed anything. About my career. I'm still going, but I probably could have squeezed some time in. But you don't know what you don't know, and you're feeling that that's gonna that's gonna hinder it's gonna hamper my ability to be the player that I want to be.
Speaker 4: And so, uh, that was you know, Hey, but I ain't make.
Speaker 3: Peace with them. I made peace with the kids, right, That's what That's who I owed it. That's who I owed it to with the kids. And I think, uh, you know, I had a conversation with the kids, and they they they understood, or they told me they understood. I I don't know what's inside their head. I just go by what they tell me, oh Joe. And so that was that was what I was able to do. But hey, kudos her for not being better. Maybe he's moved on. Maybe she's moved on. And sometimes, Ojo, you have you have a kid with someone and they're better, you're better, and all you do is is bigger and the only person that suffers as a child or the children. So I'm glad we can we can agree to get along, Oh Joe. The thirty dollars lunch debate is still going on. Bunny Buddy said, I hate cheap ends. I'm no greedy woman. But if I want to see food board for lunch, oh as if plate from shape, yeah, thirty dollars is not enough it please tell me thirty dollars is not enough. Cry, I'm not getting McDonald's for lunch. Boot what's up about, Joe?
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, uh listen, I mean it's it's it will go on and on and on and on and on.
Speaker 1: It's one of those It's one of those what I what I like to call black Twitter topics. Yeah, it's any car comes through every so often and the same thing, same conversation.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: It depending on who it is, depending on who the guy is giving you, thirty dollars, you're gonna take that thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna take that thirty.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe. Now maybe if it's a guy in you and not situation, maybe you lodmn.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's what they got thirty dollars. But everybody ain't got it like that. Everybody can't just what what is it? Cash out?
Speaker 4: Zaia? See your thousand, see your fifty?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you know everybody can do so, it's called cash outs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, everybody ain't got k afford the cash after you two hundred dollars and he ain't two hundred dollars for lunch.
Speaker 4: One person.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, when I look at some of the meals, I look at some of the prices, the way people like to eat all this healthy food, you know, the different restaurants that people like to go to, these nice restaurants.
Speaker 2: Oh, one person thought for two hundred dollars what I don't know, I don't know. I mean, the way they moving.
Speaker 1: It seems like so because the topic stops, the topic and the discourse about that thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: Hey, women, women ain't. Women ain't playing that.
Speaker 1: But you know, honestly, that women's expectations and thinking they're gonna have somebody or thinking you're going to find someone that's gonna be going crazy with it, and having the having the pockets that have that kind of what what I what I call that kind of money gotta I don't know, whetter word money. Oh yeah, f you money despoilable income on despoilable income where regardless of how much it is you need or you're good right here on on the dotor.
Speaker 2: This sain't no movie.
Speaker 1: This is reality and the percentage of men, and the percentage of men is so small.
Speaker 2: That really got it like that? Uh, I'm too about I really got it like that. And the one that really got it like that. You just a part of roster. So when it's your turn, you good, Oh Joe, damn the income.
Speaker 4: You stay with me. Now I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: The one thing I hate more than anything, you ain't even gotta love me. Oh, don't be ungrateful. I detest ungrateful. I don't care five dollars. I gave you five more than you had. I didn't have to give you that. So now you're gonna show me you ungrateful if you X don't worry about it. Appreciative, be grateful, be thankful. Sometimes we forget that on Sometimes we get stuff on your and I might not thank you.
Speaker 2: You took time out, you went and got it. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Too, big, say thankful. I think sometime that I don't know about my daughter. She said, Daddy, what you want? She go to this door, made dog cookies, stuff for death, some the and it returned something.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, thanks How comebody all uh right, okay, okay, okay, right, my beautiful people people in the chat. Uncle log on right now.
Speaker 1: You're dealing with some technical difficulties on on on his end, he so we we're gonna we're gonna rectify that situation very very soon. Until he does.
Speaker 2: How y'all doing? I love you? Kay?
Speaker 4: We we we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't get the together over there. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get together.
Speaker 2: I don't stay just like this.
Speaker 4: Oh you hear me?
Speaker 2: Are you just fired? I kind of like it like that, Oh oh oh you're back? How do you? How do you fixing that fast? I was kind of like, I was like, oh, well, keep this thing going on, Joe, all right.
Speaker 4: I was hoping.
Speaker 2: I was hoping that you keep it going. I was like, I'm better take the rest of the night off. No, no, no, now, we I mean we can do that.
Speaker 4: We can do that. But you got it, you got it, Ojo.
Speaker 3: The University of New Orleans is hard music mogul Master P as his new president of basketball Operations.
Speaker 4: Uh what do you think about that? Oyo?
Speaker 2: That's dope, man, that's dope. Listen.
Speaker 1: P P is living living a dream inside of a dream inside of another dream.
Speaker 2: He's everything he's wanted, the accomplished. Obviously talking to him in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: He's doing so you're not doing.
Speaker 3: I mean to hear him, talk to hear his story coming out of New Orleans and and you know, wanted to be a professional athlete, having his knee issue, so forth and so on.
Speaker 2: Right man. Yeah, it's a good look.
Speaker 1: It's a very good look that from where he's come from to where he is now, the ups and downs, the obstacles, the resiliency throughout his throughout his life.
Speaker 2: Great story. I'm happy for him.
Speaker 3: I got your peet. I'm gonna hit you tomorrow. It's a little late today. I had had some stuff I had to take care of, but I got your message. Bro, I'm gonna hit you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh Jo.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Tank, it's not gonna be able to join us tonight. He's having technical difficulties. We'll get him on maybe Sunday Monday, because that's our next Our next show will be Sunday on Monday, so hopefully we can get him on after that. Guys, we're very very sorry that we weren't able to get him. He's having technical difficulties. But we look forward to having Tank on after this flight with Lamart wrote, and so hopefully we can get him on Sunday and Monday. But we're very, very sorry that we were unable to bring you Tank Tony. Now, oh your it's time for our final savement of the evening. It's time for Q and eight. Jenny Habril, Oh, Joe, this one for y'all, gonna let you take off on this one.
Speaker 4: First.
Speaker 3: I love watching y'all inspire me to start a channel teaching people about sports towards women. But all are welcome any advice as a young woman going into an arena to get people to take me seriously.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Knowing what you're talking about, knowing exactly what you're talking about, as if as if you're one of the not brothers, and I know you one of the guys like you, one of the guys knowing the ends and outs, the intricacies and knowing exactly what you're talking about, and they're gonna take you serious.
Speaker 2: They're going to have a choice.
Speaker 1: And obviously you have to understand going in that lane, going in that industry, you're gonna have to have something that try you too. You got to stand on business. You got to stand on business. And don't eat with you you know what or don't you know what I'm trying to say, don't where you eat, don't even play them games.
Speaker 3: Study, study, Yeah, you're you're gonna be all right, be convicted.
Speaker 2: Watch.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to spend a lot of time watching the game because you're gonna have to understand the nuances of the game. I don't really care about the four by one or two by two to stack the bunch and stuff like that. I don't care if you know cover too. I don't care if you know cover six. I don't care if you know cover seven. I don't care if you're no quarter. But you're gonna have to talk with authority. You're gonna have to study the game, understand the game, and you'll be five.
Speaker 4: But it comes. It comes.
Speaker 3: Look a lot of the great player, great Harry Roseman, ain't play no football, maybe in high school, but he didn't play at a at the elite level. A lot of people that talk abo sports didn't play sports or didn't play the sports that they talk about.
Speaker 6: But you gotta study, You gotta put a lot of time in it, and uh, that means you're gonna be lonely sometimes, Jenny, because no sports. The sports happened on the weekend, so you're gonna have to be at home watching the game.
Speaker 2: But I like that, Jenny.
Speaker 6: Best of luck, Kevin on with your My question is who's the best handles in the NBA?
Speaker 3: It's me Uh, it's step Kyrie and Steph. Kyrie got the best handles I've ever seen. I've ever ever seen. And we've had some guys that can have the rock Rock Strictlan can have the rock white Chocolate, Jason Williams can have the rock. Zeke could pat the rock. Uh, Steph obviously can pat the rock. Kyrie in the league of his own, Kyrie got the balls. Kyrie treats the ball like a yo yo. I was just gonna say that like a yo yo yeap walk the donk. Kyrie is phenomenal. Hey, step ain't no slout, But man, what Kyrie kyrism magician. Kyri is a magician with the basketball. Man, it doesn't seem real the way he can handle the ball and make it do in this spinning English off the glass. But Steph man grater ree percent MVP, Curry dp O your Green Warriors twenty twenty five Champ. I don't know about all that. Yeah, Curry not winning the MVP, he ain't on that shade. He's not gonna run down Yo, He's not gonna run down Yonnis and gring and not winning Defensive Player of the Year. All that we can does the NBA have a scheduling problem. I believe LA plays sixteen of his final twenty five games following the All Star Break under back to back scheduling. Look at OKC in Minnesota playing back to back over the weekend with travel. Look, sometimes you play it most of your game. You play, you know, two or three games more before they all start.
Speaker 4: That you got to make that.
Speaker 2: You know, you.
Speaker 3: Have two or three fewer at the end, and sometimes you don't play them enough, and you got to make it up at the at the end one way another.
Speaker 4: You got to get eighty two in how you give them at Ojo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what goes into the NBA scheduling, right, but at the end of the day, everybody's gonna play eighty two. Everybody probably have the same number of back to backs now, whether they beginning or the end. That might be a different argument, but everybody got to play eighty two. King me, At what point do you blame maths organization for lack of development? Stop blaming Luca. He led us to the fire, and blame the organization. Bro The organization is what pays the money. It's easy for you to say, just give him the money. That's not your four hundred and forty five million dollars that you got. At what point don't you get I ain't even name on Luca. Couldn't Luca have done things differently? Yes, they got tired of Luca that I'm not there, but reports said that he didn't work as hard as he needed to.
Speaker 4: That's what they're saying. See you looking at it right now.
Speaker 3: They're looking at being strapped to a guy for the next five years and they're having to pay him seventy million dollars a year.
Speaker 4: What is it that you don't understand?
Speaker 3: I understand both sides of it, and sometimes you can get caught up in just looking at look at what he did, but they developed players. Now they made a mistake. They clearly made a mistake with Jaylen Brunson. But if you got Jaylen Brunson you're not gonna have Kyrie. Yeah, I mean I think you should be pretty pleased with Kyrie. You're not happy with Kyrie. I'm serious thought, y'all, you're not happy with Kyrie. Look, could Luke have done things better? Sure, because the organization may be handle things better. But at the end of the day, I'm all player. But as being a business owner, right, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: Juice Daddy add on for un letting Cooper to John go for Miles.
Speaker 4: You let it?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're letting Cooper the John go for Miles. Yeah, yeah, yeah, to get Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: I know what I know. I know what you're talking about. I know what you talk about.
Speaker 3: But oh man, because guess what I get Miles Garrett and Paari with Jalen Carter, I only need don't corner.
Speaker 2: You ain't have to hold up loan, right, You ain't got to hold up long don't joke. Yeah, you're right right.
Speaker 3: Think about the rush that they had, that they had the super but what they had the corners. They have to hold up loan.
Speaker 2: At all, man. They had papped the home like you gonna hot coats man. Listen that. But that old line was that was horrible.
Speaker 1: I mean, they weren't great all season long, but you would think a game like that of that magnitude, you would get up and play a little different.
Speaker 2: That was bad. Uh Yo.
Speaker 3: Should the Browns take a quarterback into overall or take Carter Hunter at two? Then take Dark or Will Howard at thirty three and signed cousins. Me personally, I think there's a difference between cam Wards, Shadur and the other quarterbacks. Now some people say Jackson, Dart and Will Howard they're close, it's not that fast disparagy disparity. Oh your between one two three four? Right, you got to get a quarterback, got to you.
Speaker 2: Ain't got no choice.
Speaker 4: You gotta take a quarterback. Yeah, me just do without without him.
Speaker 3: You don't have a chance. You don't j two one three unco Joe. My random question for you is what is your mount Rushmore? Male vocalist?
Speaker 4: Much love to you both be blessed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, male vocalist. That's a good that's a good question.
Speaker 6: Marvin Gaye, Mark Madaphone, Oh, oh my goodness, Sam Cook, I'm gonna take Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I tell you something?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a check.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Marvin Gay two right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the simple fact I've never still to this day nineteen eighty four NBA All Star Game, seen anyone sing the Star Spangled.
Speaker 2: Banner like Marvin Gay did. I never ever.
Speaker 1: Whitney Houston owns it. For the women's side, I don't remember where you're I don't remember where. Oh my goodness, but that Marvion Gaye.
Speaker 2: Rendition so soulful. Oh man, I ain't never heard nothing like that, man, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Michael, Sam Cook. I know Luther, Oh but you know wait, little Luther, big.
Speaker 3: Luther, heither one of them he could blow. But you know Braddy Jackson had have some have some chords on him too.
Speaker 6: Now you know about Freddy Jackson, Man, Freddy jack Come on, man, Donny Hathaway. I mean it's too many. Uh, it is women, and for the women it's even harder. Yeah, God, you got you gotta have.
Speaker 3: First of all, you gotta have Whitney, and you probably gotta have a Reaper, Okay, But then you leave out what what about Stephanie Mills?
Speaker 4: What about Anita Baker?
Speaker 2: It's so many?
Speaker 4: Huh, Patty Label, what's the.
Speaker 3: What's the one that sung this song with a Rick James, you got Hey, you got Christian Aguilera, got got loved a Dale, got loved beyond say jazzmin Sullivan.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, wait a minute, Jazz the Sullivant, Kicky whatt I'm talking about voices now?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm right.
Speaker 2: You know that, you know the background. You know they came about the church?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, did you say, Jenniferson? Yeah, I'm missing somebody. Fantastic boy you boy, you you read, but get out of my head, fantas man, stop playing what fantasia.
Speaker 2: I want you to bring me home. I want to feel like I'm back at church. Come on, man, hey boys sis No, she is saying, boy.
Speaker 4: Flat out, flat out.
Speaker 3: But oh Joe, yeah, I don't know. I wish you could go here a day. And I don't know if anybody that heard her show when she was at Caesar's.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, her residency.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's not there anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh Choe. I could I could imagine, though, boy.
Speaker 4: She came out there with that mermaid dress on, no.
Speaker 2: Shoes, cutting up what Yeah, I can imagine.
Speaker 1: See that that that feeling you have right now being able to listen to her and have an appreciation for her voice. That's the feeling I have every time I go to see Andrea Paicelli every time he comes to Miami, like like that, that that excitement and and that pureness, and it's I don't even know, matter of fact, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: I'm going back to see him in July. I'm going back to that in Italy. Yeah, man, what I really do.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people, I mean people, you know, they think it's weird because I have a very weird taste in music, especially live when it comes to art, to the arts, theater, drama, opera, classical, blues.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm man, I'm I'm talking about I'm in so I'm going. I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Italy to see him live in the nearest hometown, like July. I think I forgot the exact date, but it is. I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Casey Taylor said, O yo, I'm an entrepreneur inside the sports card market. If you could have a one on one car with three athletes, three other athletes, what three athletes.
Speaker 2: Would you want on the car with you? Any sports any era, Jordan bron Tom Brady, that's a good one. Damn. What would I want?
Speaker 1: With me.
Speaker 4: You know what me.
Speaker 2: People in the chat probably wouldn't know. Mario Balatlly.
Speaker 4: The third say, there ain't no sportings thinkers.
Speaker 2: Mario Balatlly okate soccer guy. Okay, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of someone that resonates with me and my style of play. When I was playing, I thought you was talking about you was talking about Oh no, no, no, no, no he remember remember remember Elijah Morgan? Yeah no, wait is it not your You said a name? Not what the soccer player?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Baseball was real funny. I cat a fool all the time. I'm probably saying his name wrong. He played with the Brewers. He was hilarious, very entertaining. Oh I can't think of his name.
Speaker 4: I don't know you're talking about, don't Joe.
Speaker 2: I know the check, gotta know, check, gotta know what I'm talking about. I can't see it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm talking about entertaining. You know how many many were Miiris was entertaining. They didn't just play baseball. You got to wash him because you ain't know. He ain't no telling what he's gonna do. I want, Joe, Yeah, go ahead, go ahead. I can't think of the due name. And somebody in the chat, I know they said it. I gotta have a baseball fan in the chat. The funny guy played with the Brewers Niger. Now you're Niger, mo. I don't know, but that he would be Yeah, him, he'll be the third person on the card.
Speaker 4: What's up, guys? Uh, Sir Case said, what's up? Guys?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Jo Words and Boppy rand all time? And why does it seem like yeah, us and Dame hasn't worked as a duo in the Son's trio.
Speaker 1: And where you got Ray and Boppy ranks really high? He's he's really high. He's in the class with Christiano Messi. Uh no, Joe stop, I'm saying he ranks up there here he does all time. He's up there, and Boppy is and have you watching, yes, especially right now. And Boppi is on fire right now after a slow start when he got to Real Madrid to where he is now, Young Big is on fire.
Speaker 3: Sounds like saying Shay Gilder just because he's having a great seat and be playing well the last couple of years. He ranks up there with Lebron Jordan's bird magic. That's what he's at all time, not currently all time? What about what about Bardona?
Speaker 1: Great but he's not he's not there, but he's going the trajectory and where he's going right now, he's the best right now.
Speaker 3: Ronaldino exactly all time? You just looking at the Russian president.
Speaker 2: You're talking about.
Speaker 1: It's difficult to ask that question. Is in Bope better than Ronaldinho? Well that's that's.
Speaker 3: He asked you. Where does he ranked all time? You could say, well, I think he probably be top ten, but you got it with Ronaldo and Messy and Ronaldinho and Pele and Maridona.
Speaker 2: Are you acting like in Boppe?
Speaker 6: In just some slous oh Joe, you're talking about the five of the greatest soccer player footballers ever?
Speaker 2: Who you understanding? Bope will go down as one of those as well? Is he there right now?
Speaker 3: So if his career right now, where they put him in the top five, if his career ended right now, if he top five?
Speaker 1: No, okay, it's too early. He asked you all time, as in right now in Boppe, where do you have it? Probably top ten?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Well that's so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you understand how good he is though, But.
Speaker 3: Do you understand how good? But do you understand how great those other ones were?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I watched it, but I know that I watched them. Okay, I'm just check it. This up.
Speaker 3: That concludes this edition of Nightcap O Joe brought to you by Boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boost mobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network.
Speaker 4: Today. Y'all like my sign back? There are your Oh, you'll go to your grandmother to get his.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get it. I'm going to get mine in the morning.
Speaker 4: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 3: Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap Podcast Feed. I'm your favorite up, that's your favorite Neft the Big Olds, Ring of Fame, Arno Rey, the Pro Bowler, Chad Ocho, Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap Podcast Feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys for your continue and loyal support. Check out Shae by Laportier. We have it in stop and if you can't find it any city or state near you, order it and we'll ship it directly to you.
Speaker 4: Please drink responsibly and please stay safe.
Speaker 3: Check out our media company page on all of his platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four. We just dropped the Super Bowl Shows shirts and hats the Lincoln pin at the top of the chat. Supplies are limited and remember once they're gone, they're gone, so please get yours now. Thank you Passer Tan Defensive Player of the Year and my good friend Earthquake for joining us.
Speaker 4: Tank Davis had technical difficulties.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we can get him on the show Sunday or Monday after his fight with Lamont Davis or excuse me, Lamont roach on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for joining us up He's oh show. We will see you Sunday Sunday joining the time off bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm headed to Houston in the morning.