Speaker 1: First Date is follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com. Lucy is on the phone today for a first Date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Brandon. So in a few minutes we're gonna call him and see if you'll tell us why's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Lucy, how long has it been since you heard from Brandon?
Speaker 2: It's one two week?
Speaker 1: Two weeks? Okay, have you reached out to did you try?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did. I invited him to a game of ski ball, but he didn't respond.
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, well see if we can figure it out. I want to tell us about the date and how you guys met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Maul, you know how, and goes I'm at Brendan on the app. We talked briefly back and forth, good chemistry, before deciding to meet up at a local bar by us. We both like to play pool or both go at it, so yeah, it was kind of fun. It was like a hot challenge to build some flirty chemistry and we definitely did. We turned it into this drinking game and anytime one of us missed a shot, we would drink.
Speaker 1: You said, you guys are good, So did you end up drinking a lot? Like you know first people who are good at it like me, I would get hammer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could say that we got a little handsy, not in like a growth way, you know. But we played a few games, we danced around, talked, we kissed each other. We shared an uber home. It was a good time. It was definitely a good time.
Speaker 1: You shared an Uber home. So I I went home together, so he made.
Speaker 2: Sure that I got home first. He was definitely a gentleman. Yeah, he took good care of me. He's not like the other guys have dated.
Speaker 1: Did he try?
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. He was such a gentleman. And I mean we had a great kiss in the car, but then when it was time to go home, he said good night and didn't even try.
Speaker 1: That's refreshing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, I mean, as you can imagine, I was pretty excited to see him again.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, why do you think you're getting ghosted them?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I did have this one moment where I kind of shrieked out a little bit, not on him, but we were like having a little moment in the corner and the drunk girl walked by and bumped into me and she made me still my beer all over my brand new top. Oh, I kind of freaked out a little bit on her. I snapped, but I like dialed it back before I went too far. I apologized.
Speaker 1: Brandon subscribed snap like start throwing chairs, like hey girl, do you know you just did that? Or was it like we're you know, snapping? Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Like a verbal like what the you know, and just kind of I don't know.
Speaker 3: I I.
Speaker 2: Have been more becoming in the past, but I don't know. I didn't. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. And I totally apologized to Brandon for doing it. That girl was definitely a mess, like she was not innocent, you know. So yeah, I don't know. I'm afraid that he was just like being polite in the moment and saying it was fine, and maybe I might have turned him off from it. It's not normal for me to do that, but when someone deserves it, you know, Okay, I'm only you bean, but I wanted to know that I'm not going to just freak out on him randomly like that, you know, right?
Speaker 1: Would that turn you off to you?
Speaker 3: Hole?
Speaker 1: It ends how it was. Yeah, I think it might turn me off now, but past me would have loved yeah, especially if you turn around and freaked out on me, I'd be like, whoa, oh she's hot. Oh thankfully I've learned my lesson with that though. But so it might. It might be a little bit much. So we'll see. We'll play a song come back, and then call him and see if the Tulus Why is ghosting you. Maybe get you another date. Okay, okay, thank y'all, all right, plaus song come back, get your first day follow up next if you're just joining us for today's first thing follow up. Lucy is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Brandon. So in a second we're gonna get him on the phone and see if the Telus Why is ghostinger. But first, Lucy, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 2: So basically, I went out with this guy. He was super hot, super cool, We had a good time, great chemistry. I may have snapped one of ye old dropped her beer on me, and I'm just worried that maybe I might.
Speaker 3: Have scared him off from that.
Speaker 2: But I wanted to know that that's not who I am like, I just random movie that to him?
Speaker 1: Right? Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Let's do it all right, here we go. Hello, Hi, man, I speak to Brandon please. Yeah, this is Brandon. How are you? My name is Jebel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show. Hi, Brandon, this is Nina. I'm also on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria. What's up? How are you? It's a radio show, yes, and we're calling you because we do a segment that's called the first Aid follow Up. That's where if you go on a day with somebody and you ghost them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting. So we got an email about you from somebody. Do you know who do you think would email us and say that you're ghosting them?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you tell me it. It could be a couple of people, but all.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, was about to get really good, Brandon.
Speaker 3: Her name is Lucy, So yeah, Lucy? I remember her?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you remember liking Lucy? Do you remember going on a date with her?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Weird, man. We had a great time. Man, that girl was hot, smoking, I mean okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember, Okay, So then what's the deal? She's so bomb? Where are you gone?
Speaker 3: She's sneaky, man, snaky.
Speaker 1: She's sneaky.
Speaker 3: She's sneaky. She pulled some stuff on a date man that was just not cool. Like what, Well, we went on, we had a great time, and you know it ended up where we were in a ball having a good time. We steaked out our little corner and uh we were actually relating to each other pretty well, touch steely, kissing, kissing. I was into her, she was into me, I thought. And then some random dude walks up to her out of nowhere, and it's like a whistle of lucy. I'm like, who is this clown? And she's like having a small talk with him. She turns her back to me and like almost starts arguing with this guy. It doesn't introduce me, doesn't tell me what's going on. And I'm like, what is what is the deal here? What is she hiding something? She's smiling and flirting and all this stuff with this guy, and I'm like, wait a minute, wasn't she just kissing me? Then it gets worse. We start playing pool. All of a sudden, she sees a group of people I guess over the other side of room with this guy. She walks over to him and just starts hanging out with him, like she came to the bar with them. I'm like, we just got done kissing petting in the corner and now you're over here with a whole other group. What the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: Did you ask her?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And she apologized, and she's like, oh, it's just some but I used to hang out with you know, it's no big deal. But it just sounded weird, you know, and the whole thing just it just didn't feel right. She was way too mysterious, and you know, I was waiting for it to even take me over there and introduce me to these people. But it didn't happen. I wasn't even upset about that. I mean, you know, things happened, but she was gone, like fifteen twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a game. Oh that's a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's hugging and laughing with these people with her back turn like she's trying to block me out. I'm like, sounds sneaky. Reminded me of an X. I was checked out.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, thank you for telling us. And now I'll let you know that Lucy is actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh oh thanks, guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clear some stuff from both of you, guys, you know Lucy.
Speaker 2: Hey, Yeah, hi Brandon, what wrong again?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I left, I'll tell you, Okay. One, I don't think I was gone for that long. And Two, that was so unbelievably awkward for me. I did not think that these people are going to show up there. These are people that I like, know and I'm trying to kind of like fizzle out, and so it was super awkward for me. And I did not want to introduce you to these people, like I didn't want to mix that.
Speaker 3: You know, I understand what you're saying. It's just the only true part about what you just said is you didn't think because you didn't take me into consideration at all. You left me hanging. And I mean I just watched you have a beer pour it all over you. Obviously I'm kind of into you if I'm still sticking around.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, I definitely did not think it was a big deal. We were just talking. I mean, if you hadn't seen some people that you knew and you were talking to them, I wouldn't be so sensitive about it.
Speaker 3: Well, let's slip the script. Let's say that I take you out and I leave you somewhere and I go to talk to a bunch of girls that I know, and then I come back and say, Hey, it's no big deal. These are just some girls that I know. How would you feel about that?
Speaker 2: If I'm being like completely transparent and honest with you. That guy was my egg, and I really don't think that there was any world where you two needed to be like talking and meeting each other and whatever, and so like with all of our old friends there it was like weird for me and awkward, and so I wanted to just kind of like be like what's up, but also.
Speaker 3: Not mix y'all together.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm trying to fizzle that out. I'm trying to get away for each of you. I think that you're a great guy.
Speaker 3: I ever heard my way.
Speaker 2: I really like you, and I did not at all want you involved in that.
Speaker 3: It just sounds sneaky. And you want to talk about being uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Because she's telling you the truth or.
Speaker 3: I'm on the radio. What if your guys listening to it, you should have.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess he knows that I'm not interested anymore.
Speaker 3: Then. I'm just saying the whole thing sounded shady to me. That was why, that was why I ghosted you. I don't even know what to say at this point. I'm just kind of confused. Where do we go from here?
Speaker 1: Well, it's flipped again, Brandon. What if your ex girlfriend showed up and you were with Lucy?
Speaker 3: What do you do introduce them?
Speaker 1: Do you you would introduce them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's my it's my ex girlfriend. The way Lucy looks. If you met my ex girlfriend, Oh, I would definitely introduce them, you.
Speaker 2: Know, man, I genuine hope be a different person. I did not want that those stories like coming to you. I would much rather just like ease into this thing with you.
Speaker 1: Brandon. Would you like to go on another day with Lucy? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just funny that you think I couldn't handle that, so in a public situation, you just decided that now I couldn't handle it. I'm gonna ease into it. I don't know, you know what, anybody can make a mistake. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, Okay, got another date, Lucy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. I'll probably go somewhere and not bump into your ex.
Speaker 2: You know that sounds like a plan to meet Please
Speaker 1: Doubles First date fall up,