Speaker 1: The Around the NFL Podcast.
Speaker 2: Is loyal to football.
Speaker 1: That's right. Welcome to another episode of the Around the NFL Podcast. I'm Greg Rosenthal sitting in a totally empty room. There's like no heroes here. I don't even know if I count as a hero today without American Dan. But it's a different sort of show today. It's an extra bonus episode. We're very excited to welcome the Fantasy footballers to the NFL media family. They're doing Extra Dynasty podcast as part of the NFL Podcast, so we're gonna have them in here. A little quick get ready for the season fantasy cram session with the fantasy footballers in just a minute. But since I'm here taping on a Friday afternoon, I figured we would hit news very quickly of what we saw Thursday. Get you ready for the weekend. Again. It's a little bonus extra minisod and I got to start with Anthony Richardson and the Colts. Just some takeaways from the preseason games, a little bit of news, we get to the fantasy footballers, we get you out of here in about thirty minutes. Richardson is just crazy. Anthony Richardson is box office. I've never been more surprised to look at the box score at the end of a game and see how poorly Anthony Richardson looked in that box score. I know it was six for seventeen seventy eight yards. It sounds ugly. He had some rushing yards, but if you watch that game, you saw so many special attributes that I just can't wait to watch the Colts this year. He made three or four beautiful passes, he made three or four really head scratching passes, but it's the running nobility that gets you really excited. He is so smooth running, but he's built like Derrick Henry. And they showed a little of what they're gonna do. And I'm just so happy he got drafted by Shane Steike and I can't wait to watch Anthony Richardson and the Colts. Reminds me a little bit of Josh Allen coming out as a rookie. But to me, because of the pocket presence, and you saw that in this game. That's the one thing about Richardson that's different than most raw rookies. He is really natural in the pocket, buying time and moving around. I think he's gonna make good decisions I think he's gonna miss a lot of passes. But this game actually got me more excited to watch Anthony Richardson. And we're gonna talk with the fantasy footballers a little later of what you should do with him in fantasy drafts. Otherwise, not a lot to take out of that Colts Eagles game. Tanner McKee might get the backup job there, I doubt it. I think Marcus Mariota makes that team. They keep three quarterbacks. The Steelers and Falcons also played, and as the Falcons broadcast crew wanted to remind everyone the backups played for the Falcons, and it was hilarious because the Steelers' starters just made them look like they shouldn't even be in the NFL. It was seventeen nothing before the first quarter was over, twenty four nothing in general. And my only take is like Steelers aren't gonna go cheap in your fantasy draft. And next week, when you get all the NFL dot Com predictions and you see all the season predictions from everyone, they are that team this year that a month ago maybe would not have gotten as many predictions to make the playoffs as they will right now. They're gonna be that buzzy hype team that Mark's been talking about all offseason. He was first on that train. But they've just had a perfect preseason. Five possessions, five touchdowns. That's outrageous. Just a little bit of news to clean up before we get to the fantasy footballers. Jonathan Taylor. We know he's available, we know he might get dealt by Tuesday, that supposedly the deadline on this move. The Dolphins seem to be the team that's really making a push. The reporting in Miami from Barry Jackson others at the Miami Herald is like they have made a real offer. They are trying to get this done. And I gotta say, looking at that kid, haull Evan Hall for the Colts look pretty good as a running back in place with Jonathan Taylor, maybe they'd feel a little more confident making that move. I think it's more likely than I really ever expected that Jonathan Taylor does get moved by Tuesday. There have been a couple trades, and we mentioned the first two Cardinals trades on our show on Thursday with Dan and Mark, but there was another one after we stopped taping. Josh Dobbs is a quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals. And it was for a late round pickswap a fifth for a seventh. That's nothing. And yet Josh Dobbs might end up starting at quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals. He might start in Week one, which is crazy. He knows the system. He had his coach in Cleveland last year is now the offensive coordinator for the Cardinals. He might start later in the season. And I do worry a little bit about Mark's boy, Colt McCoy. He has a little over two million dollars guaranteed coming to him this year. But bringing in Josh jobs unless you want to keep Colt McCoy around as kind of the coach slash player slash mentor that it's good to have in the room. It wouldn't totally shock me if Colt McCoy was cut before the season starts and Josh Dobbs is your number one starter, Or if Clayton Tune, the fifth round rookie who hasn't even looked that great but hasn't looked bad either in the preseason and it's still getting first team reps alongside Colt McCoy, ends up starting. So that is a total mess that the Cardinals are possibly getting a starter for a late round pickswap just before the season started. Finally, Terry McLaurin, we learned he might not be ready for the start of the season. That is really worries. Some turf toe just freaks me out whenever that happens. And just a little bit of an update on the Jerry Judy hamstring injury since we last taped. He is going to be out several weeks, which puts week one very much in doubt for Judy. That gets you caught up, I think on everything that's happened since we last taped. We're gonna get the fantasy footballers in here in just a minute, some last minute prep to get you ready for your fantasy draft. But before we do that, just a reminder Dan announced it on Thursday. We're not doing the special music today, are we? Randy? No special music today? We got Randy Chavez behind the glass today stepping in for Eric. We don't need special music when I'm here, I'm the special music. But NFL Plus is where you can get all your live local games, you can get primetime games, and more importantly, you can get us a couple times a week. We are going to be doing two NFL Plus shows a week starting during the season. We're going to be looking back at one of the best games of the week. We're also going to do some of the segments that you love that we've done over the years. Every Thursday, you get Game Pass with it, you get the live games, as I mentioned, you get Red Zone, you get NFL Network. It's all there on NFL Plus. And we do appreciate a lot of you guys reached out and said you're already picking it up for us. Try to keep us employed. We have families defeed and with that, we're gonna take a little break. All right, we are back. I am excited about this one. It's a different vibe, it's a different Chris Westling podcast studio. Today. I am out numbered. I'm out numbered by the Fantasy Footballers. I happen to look at like the iTunes ratings. I'm sure you guys do this.
Speaker 2: And what was at the top.
Speaker 1: And if this is their time of year, but really any time of year. I looked at the ratings and the Fantasy Footballers podcast was number one on the sports ratings. So we're really excited to have them, Andy Holloway, Jason Moore, and Mike Wright are here. They're doing a new podcast with NFL Media, which is the Fantasy Footballers Dynasty Podcast. I believe you're taping one of those today too, and that's already started getting going. But we're gonna talk regular fantasy Dynasty. Fantasy Welcome. I don't even know who to say welcome to. There's too many.
Speaker 3: We're happy to be here. It's exciting.
Speaker 4: Everyone's undefeated in the fantasy football world, so they're all listening, and.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like it's like a new relationship here with the NFL. Everyone's trying to like look right, you know. Everyone combed their hair nice. It's like a first date sort of vibe, like the real the real vibes will come out like after we expect. Yeah, I'll just stop combing my hair. Okay, it'll just get ugly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got makeup on, so you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, as you know. So I'm trying to put my best foot forward here.
Speaker 1: That is exciting. So that's Jason. I guess it's gotta be hard for you guys who are listening, but to my left, if you're happy to check us out, on social or YouTube. Is Mike right and Andy on the far right, and we got Jason here and it's your time, yere. I used to work at road the world, and so I know August is kind of the craziest time, the most stressful time, but also the most fun time. It's when you where you make your bunny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, August is when everybody comes back. All the you know, we do the show year round, but in August, all the casual people, the people in their home leagues, their work leagues, they all flood back and like, oh, I gotta, I gotta prepare for my draft. It's so much fun, but it's so much work because the content doesn't right itself.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Once the season kicks off, it's like we're just talking about what happened or what's about to happen. Now, it's like we've got to We've got to talk about so much.
Speaker 3: Time to look into the future.
Speaker 1: Who's the best out of you guys, Is one of you better at fantasy?
Speaker 5: Well? How do we just I would just define it by who's the most recent champion in our main league's That.
Speaker 2: Would be a total amount total championships for our league of record that's how I would do it, and I would do recent current basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm right in the middle.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're going to talk today. You guys are doing the Dynasty Pod and the most intense fantasy league I ever was in with the best competition. What was a Dynasty league back in the day, And for our listeners that don't do Dynasty, that's that's a league where you it's a keeper league where you basically keep your players for and you have rookie drafts and everyone has different variations. So that is going to be really cool podcast. I thought we would maybe structure our conversation today around rookies because rookies are kind of the lifeblood of Dynasty. But so we'll talk redrafty and Dynasty. But just coming off last night, for instance, Anthony Richardson look great. That to me is like the maybe the number one question with the rookie, certainly the rookie quarterbacks. I'll start with you, Mike.
Speaker 2: Just like.
Speaker 1: Dynasty wise, I'm curious too. But but redraft, now that we know he's actually playing Week one, like, where is he on your like Lamar Jackson as a rookie, uh to Trevor Lawrence as a rookie continuum.
Speaker 2: Well that that's that's interesting because I mean.
Speaker 1: Because like Lamar, not enough people took high enough in their fantasy. He was ultimately under under value sophomore her sophomore y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like if you're comparing rookie Lamar, Right, that's more of how I think that the Anthony Richardson his first year is gonna go. I think it. I think it's gonna be tough, like for him to translate that inaccuracy that he had in college. He just he's he is a raw prospect. But I mean, the all the tools are there that you especially for fantasy, like if if you're in fantasy, you should be.
Speaker 1: Hyped for like how high.
Speaker 2: So if we're talking redraft, I think is ADP he's going like quarterback eleven? I think, oh, right around eleven. I think that's it's fine that The hard part for Richardson though, is like are you gonna get rookie cam Newton or are you gonna get rookie Lamar? Which Lamar, I'm not talking games play, but like Lamar, once he finally started, it was he won games for the Ravens, but it was not pretty the fact that Lamar went from that as a rookie to the MVP the next year was pretty absurd. So I'm on the side of I like taking him in redraft, but you have you almost have to have a backup plan, and I don't want to leave my draft usually with two quarterbacks if I'm of course, I'm in a single quarterback league. So that's where it becomes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if the Geno Smith plan g yeah, that's that's really what it has become on our show. Anthony Richardson and Gino Smith pair perfect together because I think it's gonna take a little bit of time for Anthony Richardson to get good. If you look at like Josh Allen's rookie year and he's he's probably the best comp because he was very inaccurate as well, but a physical freak. And the first half of his rookie season he didn't run that much. He wasn't good for fantasy, got injured after the bye week, and he came back, Oh my gosh, he was so good for fantasy. And I think the second half of the year for Anthony Richardson will be good. I think he's talented, but Gino Smith costs you nothing. You can get him late in the draft as your second quarterback, and then I believe he opens the year with the the Rams and the Lions as matchups. So it's like, yes, please, I'll start Geno those two weeks while we wait and let Anthony Richardson kind of figure out NFL speed.
Speaker 1: This is the friendliest Geno Smith podcast on the plane.
Speaker 4: These two guys are just like fully in the Geno Smith camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the most accurate quarterback last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as you can see.
Speaker 1: I mean, for me, it was more like a seven to eight year long I wouldn't call it a bit because I believed it that they did him wrong and that he was better than everyone that like. For that to come it is weird. You've got true You're in your ninth or tenth season doing the podcast that is essentially my version of winning the Super Bowl. Is just making my co host miserable talking about Genus nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean to get back to the rookies, like you talked about the accuracy, Like Justin Field's rookie season wasn't one to watch. I mean, and even players like Andrew Luck bad accuracy as a rookie. You're hoping to roll the dice and get a better than average quarterback at that stage in your draft, because that's how you win, right that the value quarterback that has a high upside, trying to cash in on the rushing prowess. You're making that bet and least you don't have to spind up on Richardson. It'd be nice if Jonathan Taylor was behind behind him and running interference so he doesn't have to do everything, almost like.
Speaker 2: You're hoping for you're hoping for Cam Newton. But like if you got RG three's rookie year, sure that was that was pretty.
Speaker 1: Pretty good off the top too, and good passing. I guess I probably would be that person that takes him early because I just mean, it's just sort of the eyeball thing watching run the ball. That is there like a fifty chance he breaks the all time record for rushing yards by a quarterback.
Speaker 2: In a season.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's high you guys think high.
Speaker 2: I think that's pretty high. Is still playing.
Speaker 1: I guess you have to like keep you have to hold onto the ball and make first downs, and you have to score points on paper to get there. But just the actual running ability and the willingness to do it. I to me, he could be better than fielding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the magic sauce for fantasy. Like if you can run on the football, you're going to overlook the accuracy numbers. As a rookie, you're going to overlook, you know, the total yardage because you run the football to cheat code.
Speaker 1: So you take him way ahead of Young and Stroud even in Dynasty.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: I think because you're you're shooting for for league winning upside at the position over a long duration. I mean, the people that ended up with the justin Fields and Dynasty or Josh Allen in Dynasty, you know you're not aiming from the middle of the pack.
Speaker 3: So I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't mind.
Speaker 4: I think Bryce Young is gonna be a good pro though. I mean, I think that's going to come to fruition.
Speaker 2: But I'm a Stroud guy. I had C J. Stroud is my number one quarterback and it's going to take him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In Dynasty, just because I like taking the shot on Anthony Richardson, I think it's it's a good bet because if it pays off versus if Stroud pays off, He's like top three is probably not there. He could just be like a top ten type of guy with with regular consistency, or Richardson could be a top three fantasy quarterback. But I'm more on the side of we got a long way to go before that happens. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed watching that game, and my son's there watching and I'm just like, man, this guy's going to change the league. And then I looked at the box seventeen. I was just like, how did that was? I Possibly that's the best player I've ever seen, So you might get a little bit of that in my mind. Maybe he's like he could have a Daniel Jones type of season, like Jena Jones had about as little as you could ask for last years and yeah, still enough running to make up for Let's talk the running backs. How high do you go with Bijon Robinson. I was sort of on the corner that because we did a fantasy show last week, we're not experts. We do like one big show a year now, two big shows a year now that we got you guys here, and I was surprised he's going at the end of the first round. To me, like, there has to be a chance that he's RB one at the end of the year on that team. So to me, that gives him like maybe after McCaffrey, he's a top five overall type of pick. Is that too excited?
Speaker 2: No, that's not too excited.
Speaker 5: He's so good, he's I mean, he's like, obviously he's he's one of the best talents, one of the best prospects we've seen in a long long time, and every step of the way he just keeps like proving it. And you know he was supposed to be when he came into college. Then he dominated that he was supposed to be drafted High's top ten. Then you look at him at camp, he's dominating, making these absurd plays. Then you see him in the first preseason game, You're like, he's just different than everybody. And and when I look at Fantasy it's like, Okay, yeah, there are other more known commodities that are still great players in the first round. I don't have any problem if you want to say I'd rather have Nick Chubb because he's such a great running back and I know what I got. But I think if you said, who has a higher chance to be the number one overall consensus pick in next year's draft is Bijon. Bijon has a good chance to be next year's number one, so let me draft him before he's next year's number one. You know, I don't have any problem with anybody who would take him one on one in this Personally, he's probably I wouldn't take him over Justin Jefferson or Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: But he's in debate. He was there at three.
Speaker 3: He was drafted in Jason's hart long ago. Yeah, number one overall.
Speaker 2: We have a special audio drop on our on on the Footballer's main podcast called the Bejon Minute, because Jason has just been salivating because he works everything.
Speaker 1: He also got drafted by the Falcons. He also got drafted by a team that took over an offensive line that was like, that's the bad part of their team. And then by the end of last year, people are talking about like Chris Lenstrom might be the best guard in the league, and they're giving out extensions and they have all their guys back, so it's it's maybe the best running attack in the league, and you had it.
Speaker 2: Was it was bizarre that the Falcons looked at their team like we really need to upgrade at the running game. You know, you got the rest of your team that you should probably worry about, and you have a rookie that just broke your your rookie record for your team on the ground.
Speaker 4: I think part of it is just a confidence in like you know, obviously, winning football teams, those running backs end up with great scoring opportunities. B Jhon is gonna get so many touches. But McCaffrey's on a team. We have more confidence in their you know, their win loss record, Eckler, more confidence in the win loss record. You know, Bijehon is gonna have so many chances, and you hope the passing game work is there and the ball is relatively near him when it comes off of the hand of Desmond Ritter. I mean, I'm last year I went to bat for Kyle Pitts and then I have turned on on that take because it just became a relentless exercise in watching a man get open and then watch the ball not laying and he's got a wingspan he can get out and get the ball, and they still couldn't throw him, you know, they could Mariota couldn't get it near him. It became very difficult to watch that even.
Speaker 1: As father who suggested to his daughter to draft right every week. I'm just like, just keep him in your lineup.
Speaker 4: It's gonna I mean, in fantasy points, he led the league in ones that should have happened.
Speaker 3: But it's hard.
Speaker 4: And so this is me finding some reason to dislike Bijon would just be you know, Tyler Algierbrook the rookie record for Atlanta running a football of one hundred and fifteen hundred and seventy five.
Speaker 3: Chances this year.
Speaker 4: You know, do you miss an opportunity here and there for Bijon around the goal line on a team that doesn't have as many.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Jason would never concede a point.
Speaker 1: But the interesting thing to me, and this is where I'm showing my age in terms of when I was writing fantasy and into fantasy, is is Bijon versus Jamar Chase and DeVante Adams and people are just smarter now to take wide receivers that it took like ten to fifteen years for people to catch up to that that I could understand that argument, But to me, he's he would be my no loger than RB two. So I'm with you, Jason. Where where would Gibbs be Jamar gibbsby and is he definitely just thinking Dynasty too. I just assume Bijon sort of the one oh one right now, But is Gibbs definitely the second running back in this class? And then where is he? More importantly for people drafting redraft.
Speaker 2: Sure as Dynasty easily the running back to he. I think in most drafts it was if you had one or two, it was a little bit of a difficult decision. Do you take Jackson Smith and Jigbow wide receiver of the Seahawks or do you look and be like, man, I really have a running back need and Jamier Gibbs.
Speaker 1: Or Richardson was crazy. He wasn't going up no, no, not a in a two quarterback.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, for sure. But Gibbs is just because his magic power is catching the ball. And if we get the workload that they wanted for DeAndre Swift, they just couldn't keep him on the field. If you actually get that, you're talking sixty plus receptions, one hundred and twenty something carries, and even though David Montgomery is there, Jamiir Gibbs is just he is a truly truly special player.
Speaker 4: You look at the rookie season for Alvin Kamara when he had mark ingram Right and both those players in that rushing offense were top fantasy options at running back. And that's the template that you set out for Jamiir Gibbs in my opinion, because you know there's gonna be a really good offense. He's gonna have tons of opportunities. And for a dynasty longevity, like the running back position in Dynasty is almost a mirage that you'd have a guy you could lock in to your lineup. You think you do, you put them in there, and then you wait like two years and then you're like they disappear. But if you catch the ball, you know, Kahmara has been relevant for this is his seventh season. Eckler longevity there that we have confidence in. You know, you can't put him ahead of b because John's gonna catch the ball too. But Jamiir Gibbs is high draft capital.
Speaker 1: Especially this year. They want to they want to prove everyone wrong that it was a bad pick that they reached for the pick, and the way they.
Speaker 2: Talk about oh no doubt, that's celebration at the draft, right, that could be something in terms of opportunity.
Speaker 1: And I'm not a David Montgomery believer in general, so to me, he'll just be kind of he's sager and that'll that'll help Gibbs get more. Do you have a strong number three, Jason.
Speaker 5: Strong number three for rookie running backs. So coming into the draft, my number two wasn't Gibbs. Before the NFL Draft, it was Zach Sharbonay. I just absolutely freaking think he's so good. He can he can catch the ball. Yeah, he can catch the ball. He can move the pile. Unfortunately, stupid Pete Carroll, you got to ruin things for fantasy football and take him because you've already got Kenneth Walker. You ruined good players. It's great for the Seahawks. Seahawks fans, I'm happy for you.
Speaker 2: No, we're not.
Speaker 5: Well, No, I'm not No, I'm lying, I am lying. I'm not actually happy for you. I'm very selfish and upset. But he is still the guy that I think I leave in that spot just based on talent. So there's not a clear number three to because at number three you could go a lot of different ways. Kendre Miller, is you know a player that I think is is worthy of that spot. There's you know, so many great running backs that I like this this season at the rookie position.
Speaker 3: One that just went down that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was going to say, I've been a big fan of Devon a Chain. He's small, and so he gets knocked for oh, he's gonna get injured, and then then he gets injured, and you're like, Okay, I shouldn't have gone in on the small guy. But Gibbs is a small guy too. He's under two hundred p's.
Speaker 2: He's not a change small, but he is a bit smaller.
Speaker 3: I tank Bigsby.
Speaker 1: So I've got to take here, and this is where you know, you combine the real football fantasy and I think they drafted Zach Charbonay because they don't really see Kenneth Walker as that guy. So this is one of those things I try to wait to look at average apt position until right before we do this show because having worked in the industry and stuff like, some things will just seem weird to me. And seeing sharbon Ay go so much lower than Walker, I look at their two profiles and I think like they partly drafted Zach Sharbonay because Kenneth is not really that dude, because he's not consistent in terms of like getting four or five six yard carries that Pete Carroll likes, and he's not that guy on passing downs. And so I look at that situation and this would be my tip, And you guys could disagree that, Like to me, sharbon is at the end of the year, I would guess is one A and Kenneth Walker in one B. And you guys are right that it's kind of a drag that they bring each other down, But especially because Walker might get hurt anyways, it would not surprise me, especially in week one with Walker having missed a lot of time, that Sharbona is getting a lot of work on a pretty good offense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really it's it's scary for Kenneth Walker because so when we do our rankings, we don't just like make a list of guys and order them and say I like this guy more than that guy. We actually stat out every single player on every single team and let what we believe the actual projections for the season are going to be dictate what our rankings are. And I have those guys ten spots apart. They're not that far apart. In my actual statistics. And the reason is because for fantasy the two most valuable things are catching the ball and scoring touchdowns, and those are those are what Zach Charboney does. You know, Kenneth Walker is gonna break off some awesome runs. You know he'll be highlight efficient, big plays between the twenties. But if they get down by the goal line and they put sharbon Ay in, that's gonna hurt Kenneth Walker a lot. And if you're in a two minute drill and it's it's charbon Ay, I mean, Charbone is so good.
Speaker 2: I just love him. Yeah, the Kenneth Walker, Uh, it's it's a it's a real wild card because Walker, he agreed he had some inefficiencies of like you often get zero yards at the goal line, wasn't very efficient, did get did not get in a lot despite the fact that I think he had one hundred percent of Seattle's goal line carries throughout the entire season, you would have expected more touchdowns. But he does have home run ability. And the Seahawks are just a real wild card of we had this exact same team, this exact same head coach. You're just a few years ago, you had Chris Carson basically one of the last picks of the NFL draft. Yeah, and had himself a really strong season. You're like, oh, Chris Carson, this, this looks great. He's interesting going into next year. I bet Seattle addresses real needs on this this team else where the offensive line is a no first round for Shad Penny and it was well, now, everything history has told us first round running backs succeed like first round rookie running backs are almost always not just good great for fantasy football. And then Chris Carson kept the job. So that's the real wild card of a lot of the Beat reporters out of Seattle. They're all saying it's still gonna be ken Walker's job. He he missed some time he had he had the groin injury, right, yeah, yeah, my groin. He so he had an issue, but he came back and he went right back into to being number one. There was no like, well, maybe Sarbon is gonna get the first. No, it was back to Ken Walker. So at his ADP. I think it's risky and fragile, but the upside is still tremendous. Even though I'm I'm with Jason of like we were both very infatuated with sharbon Ay throughout the draft process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Seahawks are always throwing away no good. I remember Thomas Rawls, Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he rambled his way to some success for an for.
Speaker 1: A year before we let you go quickly. We'll talk receivers, but we'll go through it a quick We got to like, look, the Fantasy Footballers is their time of year. They're doing a fantasy show with I think they're talking with Marcus and Florio on Our Fantasy Show, and then they're doing the Fantasy Footballers Dynasty Show, which everyone should check out. Do you just have a favorite between Addison Flowers JSN. I guess we could throw Quinton Johnson in there, but I feel like just where he is on the depth chart, maybe he's not quite in that here, mate, maybe even Jayden Reid, who's probably he's gonna have the starter, Like, do you have a do you have a favorite? Okay, we'll go around and start with Mike.
Speaker 2: It's Zay Flowers for me. I mean, Jordan Addison's a really close second for me. But what my belief in the transformation that the Ravens offense will see with Todd Monkin as the offensive coordinator, not only going into eleven personnel, not only going into a more pass heavy offense, but also up tempo, which is the complete opposite of what we've had for the Ravens, you know, in the last whatever forever. So I'm really interested in what their offense is going to do. And then the fact that you Lamar's being drafted as a top five quarterback justifiably so. And Zay Joe or Jay Flowers is his wide receiver one, but he's going in like the ninth round. So it's it's a weird thing of looking at the ADP market of well, if this is going to be a great, prolific quarterback, one top five quarterback, it would stand a reason. Of course, Mark Andrews is the number one target, but like the wide receiver one, if you can figure out who it is, it could be absolute fans gold. And what Zay Flowers has put on the field in preseason.
Speaker 1: That's Mike Camp too. He's one of those guys at the reporter people.
Speaker 2: Are whispering whispering, whispers.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Look, I'll jump in real question. Jasn is still at the top of my list.
Speaker 2: Just even with what if he misses four weeks.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm taking the long view here. He's the most talented of the players he's going to have. He's one of those players that I think people want to find, you know, Metcalfin. Lockett's still talented still on the field, but talent wins out in the end. And that's the challenge of these like you know, even like Charbonnay for example, Like he's going to get ranked some place at the beginning of the year, but fantasy championships might be one over the last ten weeks or the last eight weeks of the year. So his his fantasy ranking now versus what he's valued, his value is at the end of the year, it changes. I still think Jayson got drafted there for a reason. This is a player that you know, Chris o'lave and Garrett Wilson heralded as is better than they were at Ohio State. So I still think at the end of the year, and in dynasty format.
Speaker 3: He's the g I prefer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for me, it's it's pretty easy if this if we're talking about a dynasty league, it's jsn he is the best player. Yeah, he's a special, special talent. But if we're talking about redraft. Is Jordan Addison you have? He's so talented. He reminds me a lot of DeVonta Smith, a smaller guy but just completely ready for the NFL. Such a good route runner, Blitnikoff Award winner, really talented player. But then he goes to an opportunity this year for redraft where it's like you have a pass happy offense with a bad defense, where Adam Thielen, who just ran the third most routes of the last decade, is gone, and it might take him a week or two to like get into that role. Maybe he starts third on the depth chart week one, week two. But I love Jordan Addison this year. I think he's gonna finish the season helping people win championships.
Speaker 1: You remember when Justin Jefferson was the h couple. Yeah, a couple of weeks. I like Addison a lot, just the way he moves and Flowers. I can't really decide. I can't decide between those two. But it's it's crazy how wide receivers, how that's changed.
Speaker 2: Why not both? Sure?
Speaker 1: Right? Like rookie wide receivers used to come in the league and they would always get over drafted in fantasy. That was one of those things that like we'd trot out on our like column right before the season of like tips and stuff like that, and like football changes, that's no longer the case. If anything, they show up even better. One one last thing though, just as someone who's been in a podcast for a long time with a couple of other guys, like, how do you guys keep the relationship fresh?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, just take our time or do you all like hate each other?
Speaker 5: Now? No, No, we really we get along. I mean I think that's part of the secret sauce of our We just are who we are. We've been friends for a decade, we've worked together in a former business, and and you know, I think we give each other enough crap that that's what keeps the love alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we don't pull any punches.
Speaker 4: All of our biggest actual fights in our lives interpersonally have been around Jason's bad takes.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what you want if it's not getting personal, if it's just about the takes, that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not too bad.
Speaker 2: I think Jason is right. We we can give each other crap all the time, but you can also, all three of us can handle it when you're like, oh yeah, I deserved it. Yeah that was justifiable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like ours. We just we just ride the roller coaster.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be up, it's going to be downs. But the Fantasy Footballers are a great podcast to check out a lot of you probably are already checking out, but they have a new one with NFL Media too, called the Fantasy Footballers Dynasty Podcast, so you can check that out. We're happy to have you a board, and uh, we'll get some many food maybe up in the in the.
Speaker 2: We had some tasty burgers.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, all right, uh and uh that's it for this week. This was an extra little bonus episode. We will be back on Monday recapping all the preseason action and then the wheel really starts to go and we have our r are around the AFC, NFC. Next week we start previewing and giving award prediction season predicted, So it really starts going next week. U until then for Andy Holloway, Jason Moore, Mike Right, I'm Greg Rosenthal. Eat the cor