Speaker 1: Hey to everyone.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Betting Pros NFL podcast, brought to you by bet MGM. I'm your host, Dan Harris. You can find me on Twitter at Dan Harris eighty. It is time to break down some of our favorite and our least favorite bets for the Week eleven NFL Slate. With me to talk about it all is Andrew Kayley, a senior publishing editor over at Covers. You can find him on Twitter at Covers Underscore. Kaylee. That's c. A. L. E. Y, Andrew, How is it possibly week eleven already?
Speaker 1: Where are we?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's week twelve in college too. We're just a few weeks away from bowl games. It goes so fast, it really does.
Speaker 2: I think about it with baseball, because you know, I do a lot of baseball as well.
Speaker 1: Baseball's forever.
Speaker 2: Man Like, by the time it's over, I'm so glad it's over at this point, and with the NFL season, it's just like, where did it go?
Speaker 1: I don't you know.
Speaker 2: It's other than the fact that I'm living now in the Arctic tundra. You know, I'm up in New England, so it's freezing. Other than that, I wouldn't even understand that it's basically time to end the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, winter just hit too. I'm even more even northeast than you up here in Atlanta, Canada, and winter hit the last two days and it did. It's cold playoffs just a couple of weeks away.
Speaker 2: So well, let's distract ourselves with some gambling advice here.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys know the drill.
Speaker 2: By now, Andrew and I are going to be giving some of our favorite and our least favorite picks for this week. But as always, let's start with a quick review of last week. I hit on the over fifty two and a half in the Bucks Cardinals game, and the under forty two and a half on the Bears and the Lions. Now I narrowly missed by a mere twenty six points on the Bengals getting ten from the Ravens, and for real, actually narrowly missed on my prop bet, which was Aaron Jones over one hundred yards rushing. He had ninety three and only got thirteen carries. Meanwhile, our guest Adam Burke nailed the heck out of that Falcons, getting thirteen from the Saints game. He basically had that game completely dead to rights from the time he started analyzing it. He also hit on the Vikings getting three from the Cowboys and Lamar Jackson over fifty nine and a half rushing yards. His only miss was on the Lions getting two and a half from the Bears, but to be fair, he had absolutely no reason to know that Jef driscoll would be starting that game. So you got some big shoes to fill here, Andrew, Are you ready.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it? I am ready, all right.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get started as always with pick six, where we're gonna give three each of our favorite bets, either against the spread or on the over under. And again we're gonna be using the betting pros dot Com consensus odds here that's an aggregate of the odds that are available in the market. Go ahead and start us off.
Speaker 3: I promise this is not me trolling you, but this is I'm taking the Jets and now it's even moved even further in my favorite at plus two and a half, which makes me feel a little uncomfortable, but I think they're the better team still. I know, as a Jets fan you probably hate to hear that, but just with the way everything is going, and this all Adam Gase. He's back. Yeah, I saw how happy you were about that. But I think they can still win this game in spite of Gase, particularly because of their defense. They rank eleventh in the NFL in Football Outsiders DVA rankings and second against the run. And Bill Callahan insists on continuing to run the ball partly because Dwayne. He's committed to Dwayne Haskins being his quarterback and he doesn't really have any other choice. But they're really not even that good at running the football. They rank thirtieth and rushing offense Toboa, and they've only scored twenty one points with Haskins as their quarterback. That's over a three game span, I believe. And for your Jets, I still have faith in Sam Darnold. He showed some life last week and his completion percentage has improved over the last three That offensive line is kind of terrible, but I think they still have the weapons here, and like I said, in spite of Gays, hopefully like they can get the ball to Crowder quickly in some quick slants and hopefully get Leavey on Bells more touches out of the backfield. I think you could be effective in this game if they're passing the ball to them out of the backfield. He hasn't run the ball very well recently, I know that, but that's I think a product of that offensive line. But Washington is just really terrible, and I think they're gonna win this. I think they're gonna win the game out right, I just do. So give me the two and a half points, and I might even bet them on the money line this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, So, first of all, I don't think you're trolling me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope that you and I have a good relationship outside of this podcast, so I would assume that your integrity would allow you to kind of come on here and make a real pick. But I'll be honest, No, it is. Yeah, I'll be honest. I do not in any way hate this pick. It's not one of my favorites, just because I'm so tired of backing the Jets like I did against the Patriots, like I did against the Jaguars, where they come out and do absolutely nothing. The fact that it's moved to two and a half is a little surprising here, because everything I'm seeing shows that both the number of bets and the amount of money is coming in on the Jets. So the fact that it's a reverse line move makes me a little worried. But this is what I said when we looked at it on Monday, right when we looked at Sean Green and I took a look at this line when it first opened, it was one and a half, and I was surprised by it because to me, it's a completely different story with Dwayne Haskins starting at the time we looked at it Monday, I think we had just found out about it, or perhaps we found out about it shortly after that game. But Dwayne Haskins, at least to this point, has not shown anything to suggest that he is remotely capable of being an NFL quarterback at the moment. I'm not you know, I'm not giving an indict he's yeah, he's not ready yet. And I completely agree with the Redskins throwing him out there for the rest of the season because what else, I mean, at this point, who cares?
Speaker 1: You know, Let's at least let him get his feet wet. I'm try it, yeah, yeah, let's let him try it.
Speaker 2: So I think with that, it's just really difficult to see the Redskins putting up any sort of points, like consistent points in this game. You know, I could see them, you know, popping off a touchdown once in a while. Now they've had the bye week, so they may have been able to work out some of the kinks with him. But the bottom line is he's just not particularly accurate. He hasn't been reading defenses all that well. So in the end, I'm fine with it, and I think I would also. I would take it at two and a half. I would take it at one and a half as well, and a bet on the money line I did as well. Yeah, a bet on the money line isn't isn't the worst idea because frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets win this game.
Speaker 1: The big thing with the Redskins is that, Frankly.
Speaker 2: I really do think it just feels like Bill Callahan's trying to run out the clock on the season by running it NonStop legitimately, Yeah, like legitimately, and their games are taking like two hours and forty minutes or something crazy like that. So I mean I could see him just sticking with the run. And again that is the one place that the Jets are really tough on defense. They're injured up and down kind of the entire team, and they're vulnerable against the past. But again, I don't really see Haskins being able to take advantage of that. So I'm totally fine with the two and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really stood out to me just because of those because of those reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again you liked it a one and a half, So did I, and I said so on Monday, So it is going to be one of my picks. It's not probably one of my favorites, mainly because I'm just so beat down by the team.
Speaker 1: And thanks for pointing.
Speaker 2: Out that tweet, which by the way, was retweeting the announcement that Adam Gase will be back next year and then me doing the jiff of the wedding crasher singing somebody kill me please. Anyway, that's how my life kind of is as a just then. But not for my first pick. Now, I'm going to go with an over under here, which I've been having a little success, what's been on a nice run, and I'm sticking with the team that's kind of been my favorite to stick with the Unders and that's the Bears, and I'm going to take the Bears and the Rams under thirty nine and a half. So I've had the Bears under here a lot, and as I said, it's been a pretty solid bet, and I hit on it last week. And look, both these teams are solid on the under. They're both six and three on the under on the season. And it's a pretty simple explanation. You know, you don't need to be an expert to really be able to figure it out. Both teams have poor offenses, and yes, the Rams have a poor offense, and both both teams have strong defenses, relatively strong defenses, not with the Bears on offense. Look, we know all the issues with Trubisky. He had a good game against the Lions, but you really can't bank on that again, and even then they only scored twenty points. Anyway, he was like a hitter that got really hot, I think for a couple of drives, right, because he looked terrible to start off, then suddenly something clicked.
Speaker 1: I don't bank on that happening again.
Speaker 3: That's his entire career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's true. I mean he's certainly this year he's regressed significantly, which is unfortunate, But Dave Montgomery is banked up. He's not a lock to play at this point. I think he missed practice today and he was limited after rolling his ankle the day before. And if not, I'm really not sure what they're going to do on the running game. They cut Mike Davis, Tarricohen can't really carry a regular running back load. Ryan Knall is just not going to be able to get it done. I mean, I frankly, I hope I'm pronouncing that right, because I really don't know too much about him. I don't know much either, Yeah, so that's saying enough. Plus Trey Burton is battling a thigh injury. He might even miss the game. And look, I'm just I don't think that there's any way that the Bears are going to be able to stay in anything on offense, since they haven't been able to do it all season, and especially against a Rams defense that has really improved in recent weeks, particularly since they added Jalen Ramsey, who's probably just going to take on Alan Robinson and take away Trubisky's like lone reliable wide receiver. As a whole, the defense is playing better lately Clay Matthews came back from his john jury. That gives them another added dimension. So who's going to score the points on the Rams side?
Speaker 1: I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Offense is just broken, and it starts with their offensive line, right. You know, it's Andrew Whitworth and all backups at this point. And they've been dealing with issues on the line all year. They lost their center Brian Allen last week, they lost their right tackle, Havenstein. I mean, golf's been terrible. They're down Brandon Cooks, Todd Gurley does not look the same. Their offensive line is on like their fourth backups. And remember last year when these two teams met, it was fifteen to six in favor of the Bears, right, and that was back when Goff had a decent offensive line. They intercepted him four times. Now, this Bear's defense isn't the same as that one, I will admit. I mean, Khalil Mack has not been particularly disruptive. Eddie Jackson hasn't done all that much. They're down to keep Hicks. They just lost Danny Trevathan. But still they're able to get pressure on the quarterback. And that is really what causes Gough to be unable to put up points. So thirty nine and a half. Look, it's a low number, but honestly, absent a defensive scorer or two, I just don't see how these offenses against these defenses are going to be able to read to reach that number.
Speaker 3: I really can't disagree with you on that. We have a huge Bear fan in my office, and when the number hit thirty nine and a half, I was like, I approached him, doing now with the over is thirty nine and a half the number where we can attack the over now? And he was just he just shook his head. Traubisky has clearly, like you said, regress GoF has his tune. For that matter, he only threw for you. Look at the numbers two hundred and forty three yards last week. He took him forty one attempts to get to two hundred and forty three yards. Like you said, the Bears get a lot of pressure, and once he starts moving his feet, he looked he rattles very easily and his accuracy is out the window. I can't disagree with this play raider. And also Mac also just loves I know you said he hasn't been as good this year, but he always just on primetime. You always see him much more effective in those games.
Speaker 2: It seems, honestly, it's just thirty nine and a half. It's a really low number. It's not something where I'm like jumping for joy over it. I believe the look ahead might have been forty two. So there was a ton of money that came in on the under for good reason. But honestly, I mean it was a little bit of the same thing last week with the Bears and the Lions, where the under was coming in heavy and they kept dropping the line. Doesn't really matter to me. I think there really has to be a defensive score, which is always a possibility with these two offenses at this point. But for me, I'll stick with riding the under on both these teams, which has been pretty profitable. All right, let's go to your second pick here, what do you got next pick?
Speaker 3: I'm going with the New England Patriots minus three and a half at the Philadelphia Eagles, obviously being billed as a Super Bowl rematch from a couple of years ago, but only one of these teams has a chance to get back this year. Spoiler alert, it's New England. Everybody knows that Patrick coming off a buye here and their first loss of the season. Everyone can start with their Oh, the Patriots are done. Patriots are done, YadA, YadA, YadA. But they have to win two games and they'll be back in the super Bowl, So I'm not too stressed about it. Belichick loves losing a game. I think now these last couple of years to kind of motivate his guys a little more. And anytime you're gonna give Belichick an extra week off to prepare for another team, that's trouble for that team. They are fifteen and four coming out of a buy in the Belichick era, only ten to eight and one against the spread in those games. The Eagles have a good rush defense, one of the better in the league, but that doesn't matter. The Patriots only run to, I don't know, trick people every once in a while that we're not gonna throw the ball one hundred times a game, and that's gonna set up well against an Eagle sect that just hasn't been very good. They have allowed at least one hundred yard receiver in seven of their nine games this year. I think Edelman and Muhammed Sanu could have some big games here Edelman has been hauling a bunch of catches week after week. It seems like he's a guy that's another guy you can look at as a quick prop back to take his over on reception totals, because he just seems to go over every week. And he got an extra week to rest his ailing hip, and it was another week for Snow to learn the Josh McDaniels offense. Sanu was on the field for one hundred percent of the Patriots plays. That's just kind of in his just in their last game, so you can tell how much the Patriots like this guy. And I think he could have another big week here. While Philly's offense has been mediocre at best this year, Carson Wentz his completion percentage is down that obviously he could have something to do with Jason Peters not playing, but he could also be down two stars at WIDO this week. Sean Jackson's already out and now also Jeffery's coming up on the injury report, and that could be big trouble because then New England can just leave those excellent that excellent secondary out on Islands and just come after Wentz and the run game, and that just I think it just spells trouble for Philly all night. They and Philly is mostly played poorly against good teams this year, and they're three and one at home, but those wins are against Washington, your Jets, and Mitchell Trubisky, who were just singing his praises so so kindly. I like the pass to get them back on track this weekend cover this one rather easily.
Speaker 2: So this probably would have been my number one pick if you weren't taking it. I think here's the only thing that worries me about this. I didn't I don't understand this line. I mean that the pat the Pats are a hugely public team, right, I mean everything about this at that number screams to me that the Patriots are just going to get an enormous amount of the bets, an enormous amount of the money.
Speaker 1: And when I.
Speaker 2: See something like that, it makes me pause because you know, you see lines like that on occasion you're like, this line does not make any sense. It reminds me of the Packers and the Chargers a couple of weeks ago, where you know, the Packers are a really public team. The line was something that said, like, Wow, the Packers should pretty easily cover this, and then they got their butts kicked against the Chargers.
Speaker 3: So we talked about that one in the office. That was that was that seemed fishy all week to us, or like why why is that like that? And then of course they put up that stinker.
Speaker 2: And this one it's the same exact thing to me again, the Pats coming off the buy and coming off a loss. I mean, I don't know what their record might be in the in the Belichick Brady era. I didn't even know if it's happened. I wasn't able to look that up. But it seems to me like this is a spot where they're just gonna come out. I'm sure you know, Brady already came out and said he's still not over the Super Bowl. What I mean, They're gonna come out here.
Speaker 1: It seems.
Speaker 2: I get their offense is nowhere near what it used to be, but still at this point, you know, given them the extra time to prepare, especially given as you pointed out the problems that are going on with the Eagles right now. And look, Jeffrey, I am going to be shocked if he's gonna play at this point nothing. And if not, then You're gonna put Steffan Gilmour on zach Ertz, and then you're gonna be looking at Okay, Nelson Agalore go ahead out there, or Jordan Matthews, our new number one wide receiver, go ahead out there and try to do something against this defense.
Speaker 1: I think that the.
Speaker 2: Eagles are gonna have a lot of, you know, a difficult time scoring in this one. I think the Patriots are going to be creative enough to make this happen. I mean, Jim Schwartz loves to blitz. That's what Brady eats up. So I'm in complete agreement with you on this. This one, honestly is my favorite bet of the week. I admit the only thing that it gives me some pause is the fact that.
Speaker 1: It seems too good to be true.
Speaker 2: But I think there's sometimes are lines like that that you're just like, well, I'm just going you know, this is I'm not gonna overanalyze at this point.
Speaker 1: So I completely agree with you.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's brought down a bit by the fact that this is like Peterson did do so well against that Patriots team a few years ago, but these are different teams now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, absolutely, I'm totally with you, So I'm completely on board with that one. I'm gonna stick with an over under for my second pick, and I'm gonna go with the Raiders and the Bengals over forty nine. Now, the Raiders offense is really really good, kind of quietly now people are catching on to them. It really all starts with their offensive line, which has been dominant of late, and Derek Carr has played really, really well because of it, although he's also played pretty well even when he's under pressure. Now, the receivers are not elite. Tyro Williams is still battling Planter Fasciatis, Hunter, Renfros improvings. A Jones is there, but it's not like any of these guys really scares you. But they have an elite running back in Josh Jacobs and an elite tight end in Darren Waller. So guess what, The Bengals are pretty much the worst team in the league against running backs and tight end. So there are gonna be plenty of points for the Raiders in this one. But I honestly think in this one, I don't know, might be you know, kind of a hot take. I guess I think the Bengals are going to put up quite a few points in this game too. I get that Ryan Finley's numbers were not great against Baltimore, far from it, but I watched a lot of that game and I kind of mildly impressed with him. I know his numbers weren't good and he threw that horrible pick six, but that's a really, really difficult defense, and he was able to move the ball kind of up and down the field pretty easily. And the Oakland pass defense is just kind of non existent. Put aside Philip rivers terrible game last week, it's just not a solid defense. The run defense is better. I think it's a little overrated, but it's better. But Joe Mixon got thirty carries last week, so in a game where they were getting blown out, right, So if the coaching staff is finally going to heavily rely on their best offensive player, then I think that probably pourtens good things for their offense. So in the end, I see a ton of points from the Raiders. I see enough from the Bengals to get here. So you know, forty nine's a high, not crazy high, but a high over under. But I still think that they're going to clear it and get into the fifties, so give me the Raiders and the Bengals over forty nine.
Speaker 3: Had no arguments for me there. This kind of leads into my prop bet coming up, so I can't really disagree too much. And Ryan Finley, I agree with you. I really liked him at enc State. He had a lot of hit, a lot of potential coming into the draft, and I think he could be a capable NFL quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I get that, you know, sort of people were talking that, you know, how bad he was, But again, that was one of the games. You know, I have a bunch of games on Sunday. I try to watch, you know, three or four of them at once and then also have read zone on another thing. But that game I was watching closely because I really wanted to see how it was. And again, the Ravens defense is great, so you know, it wasn't like he was amazing or anything like that. But I think it was a little overblown because I do think that he showed some good things. So I'm a little mildly bit of a believer in the guy as to having an NFL career. So we'll see about that. But I look forward to hearing your prop bet because mine might also be from that game. But we'll see where we end up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Before we move on to your third pick, let's talk briefly about bet mgm and the bet mgm Sports app. So go onto your app store, search for bet mgm Sports and download the app onto your phone, sign up for an account, use our promo code Harris, and congratulations, you now have a risk free five hundred dollars bet. Yes, risk free. There are no strings attached here, There's nothing like that. Your first bet of up to five hundred dollars is guaranteed. If you lose, bet mgm will credit you the amount you lost up to five hundred dollars for future wagers. And even if that was all you got, right, even if this was this one time, amazing risk free bet followed by the opportunity to bet right from your phone, that would be awesome. But as you'll see, betmgm offers a ton of boosted bets where you'll get these insane odds on bets that are like borderline guaranteed money. They have a ton of amazing other benefits as well, like being able to track your bet in real time or take an early cash out to lock in your winnings or cut your losses. So again, just download the bet mgm sports app, sign up for an account, use our promo code Harris to get your risk free five hundred dollars bet. These winnings are paid in free bets. You must be twenty one years or older. And although you can sign up an easily deposit money anywhere, you must be in the state of New Jersey to place a sports bet, and certain trictions apply. Visit betmgm dot com for the full list of terms and conditions. And if you've got a gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler, All right, Andrew, let's get on to your third pick.
Speaker 1: What do you got for number three?
Speaker 3: I'm joining you with a total here and I'm going to go over fifty two in this weekend's game in Mexico City between the Chiefs and Chargers and hopefully it returns there. The reports are that the field is in good shape after last year's game was canceled or moved I guess at the last minute, but with the air that then the elevation there is about seventy two hundred feet for reference, for those who don't know Denver, which is the mile high city is fifty one hundred feet, so that's two thousand more feet in Mexico City, and I just I think there's going to be a ton of points scored in this game. The Chargers have been practicing at the Air Force Facility this week and that has an elevation of six thousand feet. But to me, all that says is that you need to take the thin air seriously, and I think it will end up benefiting the offenses in the long run. I think those defenses will gas faster, and I think that there will be an opportunity for plenty of points. Mahomes looked like his old self last week. Three tds four hundred and fifty yards against what was supposed to be at least a decent Titans defense. Put up thirty two points in that loss, thirty to twenty five loss of the Titans. That's not really his fault, but now he faces a Chargers defense that ranks twenty sixth at DBOA. Casey Hayward has struggled this year and that second or just isn't the same without Derwin James, like they need him to be effective, like Joey Bosa will obviously be disruptive at points, but Mahomes show that he is capable, at least right now on that knee, to still move around that pocket a little bit. And for the Chargers offense, they have the exact weapons that you need to attack the Chiefs defense, and that's two talented backs. Melvin Gordon looks like he it took him, like he had a training camp. He had four weeks where he was terrible and they were feet on the ball and it just didn't work. But now the last two weeks he's been much better and they've given him twenty plus touches a game. And then Austin Eckler will be able to take advantage of a Chiefs defense that have struggled with passing yards against running backs. So I just I think both teams have the ability to score in this game, and I think fifty two is I think this number is also just going to go up the closer it gets to game time, So jump on it as soon as you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got no problem whatsoever with that pick.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that I'd be shocked if this isn't a huge scoring game. My one concern if I was to raise a concern, and it's more Devil's advocate is that you may thanks in the games that you know the Chiefs have struggled a little bit, or that you know when they first looked unstoppab before Mahomes got injured and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know, the key to.
Speaker 2: Kind of winning those games was to run the ball NonStop against their extremely weak run defense and that choose up clock in the way to not allow Patrick Mahomes to jump back onto the field and score in thirty seconds, right you want to keep him off the field as much as possible. You make a great point. Gordon is running extremely well right now, essentially like he had his training camp. Is there any concern though for you in thinking about the over that the Chargers just come out and just basically ball control the heck out of this thing and just basically say we're going to keep that defense on the field for as long as possible. We're gonna have these really really long drives relying on the run. Because that is my only concern and one of the reasons why it wasn't one of my picks.
Speaker 1: I like the over. I think that it's gonna get better.
Speaker 2: I agree that it's the number is going to go up because especially in Mexico City.
Speaker 1: But that was my one concern about.
Speaker 3: That, is it conceivable that the Chiefs run defense is so bad that it'll be like a fast paced offense.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's actually a fair point. And you know the thing about Gordon by the way last week against the Raiders, he must have been hit in the backfield on like half of his runs, right, and he just like willed himself to getting free and stuff like that. So he will certainly gain chunk yards on a lot of those runs. And again, to me, I don't really think it matters because I think Mahomes is capable of you know, leading a two minute you know, scoring drive on any given point. You have a short slant to you know, Tyreek killer McCole Hardman, who you know took that pass last week where he was basically in the grasp of two guys and he just like turned on the after does and just ran right past them so they could score at will. So I agree, I'm going to take the over when I make my picks on bettingpros dot com.
Speaker 1: That was the only reason why I got a little worried about it.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm saying, yeah, could you tell he was happy to have Hill back though, like that was the first time they were like that, that offense was fully healthy since like minute five of a week one he targeted eighteen times or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it shows you, unfortunately, how bad the defense is considering they still lost that game despite the fact that they were dominant, although they should have won of course. All Right, for my final pick, I'm going to get off the over unders and I'm gonna take a spread, and that is the Bills laying six and a half to the Dolphins. Now I got this on bettingpros dot com when it was six. The line has moved up a bit. I'm still gonna take it as long as it's under a touchdown. So I think the Dolphins are justifiably getting some backing lately from betters. They've won two straight. I think they might have covered their last five games. They're clearly not tanking at this point. But I just don't think that the Dolphins are a very good football team, despite the fact that they have beaten the Jets, one of the worst teams in football, and the Colts with Brian Hoyer and no t Y Hilton. So look, they don't have Xavin Howard anymore, they don't have Kenyan Drake, they don't even have Mark Walton anymore. They don't have Preston Williams. And I get it. We can't rely on them intentionally tanking anymore. That was sort of the big thing. They might put up a fight in the first half, and the second half they literally just be like, wait, wait, we don't want to win this game. So that though, does not change the fact that they're just not particularly talented and it's hard to see them doing much offensively against the Bills that has a pretty elite pass defense. I mean, they pressure at the quarterback regularly, they have very good cornerbacks. They're week at the running defense right that's definitely where you attack them. And the Dolphins have Klin Bilage. He was awful last week in a featured role. He's been awful all season. He is the irresistible force of running back futility over there. I mean, and offensively, the Bills are not great, but they can move the ball. John Brown's consistent Devin Singletary is getting more work. They'll score enough points and probably at a defensive score against Ryan Fitzpatrick at this point. I mean, this was a seventeen point spread a few weeks back. I don't see the teams being all that much different now. The Bills are coming off a loss. They're probably angry. So for me under a touchdown, I'm gonna take this one.
Speaker 3: Well, I get to counter you here in our best to avoid because I'm not touching it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, well that is gonna I'll recap that in a second, but then let's move on. It's a trap because that sounds like where you're going is this year. It's a trap and avoid this game I'm going to it's a oh no, go ahead, go ahead counter.
Speaker 3: For everything you said, I think this line is probably a little lower than it should be because of this recent success. The Dolphins are for inexplicably the best bet over the They haven't not covered or spread since thereby, I think, well, the Bill's defense is good, touch overrated just a touch and the offense you're putting faith in Josh Allen to cover at least a mediocre number, not a huge number. But I just I am very much on the Josh Allen still hasn't proven anything to me kind of train I want to see more from him. He's still inaccurate. He's obviously very talented running the football, but it just makes me. He makes me so uncomfortable. He might be the new Marcus Mariota for me. I know that might be a little blasphemous, but sorry, Bill's Mafia. They probably should have lost the Dolphins a few weeks ago, and they're only scoring eighteen, like just over eighteen and a half points when they're on the road and you want them to cover almost a touchdown, I guess the number is going to be really important. Maybe at six and lower. I'd say the Bills six and a half are higher, maybe the Fins. So maybe that's one of the reasons I'm staying away. But these, like you said, they're clearly not tanking anymore. Maybe maybe Flores wants Chase Young instead of one of those quarterbacks because Ryan Fitzpatrick thinks he has a job in the future. I guess he just is just gonna keep throwing footballs until people tell him to not throw footballs. The Bills. Your logic is one hundred percent correct. The Bills should win, they should cover. I just I can't I can't put I can't put the faith in Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: So I hate to support your argument in any way, but I will say this. On bettingpros dot com, one of the things that you can do is you can look at you know, there are hundreds of experts that you know, or over one hundred experts that put in their picks onto the site, and right now there are fifty two of them and there will be more as it goes on that have put in their picks. At some point this week it is fifty percent on Buffalo and fifty percent on Miami. Well that's fine. How are the most accurate experts doing the top twenty percent of experts? How are they picking that game? Because you can see that on bettingpros dot com too, Well, fifty percent are taking Buffalo and fifty percent are taking Miami. That's the definition of a game you avoid. But you know what, I don't care. I'm that's fine. I'll be one of the ones who's going with it. Yeah, look I get it.
Speaker 1: And I want to be clear.
Speaker 2: First of all, please don't piss off Bill's mafia because they are they are tough.
Speaker 1: They are tough. I went to school in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: You don't want to get on their bad side, but I agree, I do not have faith in Josh Allen as a passer. I mean, he has done nothing to you know, cure my concerns about him in the preseason that he's incredibly inaccurate. But I really think that they can still move the ball up and down the field, relying primarily on their run, you know, getting enough to John Brown or short passes to Colbizy or something like that. I don't expect them to put up a ton of points here. I wouldn't argue with an under necessarily, but I really think in the end it's gonna just be way too tough for the Dolphins to put up points here. Again, I like their pass defense. I mean, it sounds like you're not quite as high on it as I am.
Speaker 1: I really like it.
Speaker 2: I think their run defense is super vulnerable, and again that that's the only thing the Dolphins cannot do I mean at all, is run the ball whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: And again, I think the loss of Preston Williams is a big one. And you know they played with a him last week. But you know, MIKEASICKI whatever, Devanta Parker's had a fine season.
Speaker 1: But really for me, that.
Speaker 3: Was a good pronunciation. I would have messed that up.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, man. I pride myself on pronunciations. That's why we will messed up on the Bears backup running back there. But yeah, look in the end, I get it, and obviously you know the consensus of the experts are with you too. But for me, if for no, if you're under a touchdown, so you said, you know, six and a half or over now under a touchdown, for me, I'm fine once it gets the seven, if it gets there, which I don't necessarily think it will. If it gets to seven, i'm out. I don't want the full touchdown or something like that. But if you're below the key number of seven, I'm really okay taking them for me, So I think you know I'm gonna go with that. So look, we jumped ahead to it's a trap. But let me very quickly recap what we did in pick six. You are going to be taking the Pats laying three and a half against the Eagles, and the Jets are getting two and a half against the Redskins, the Pats laying three and a half against the Eagles, and the Chiefs and the Chargers over fifty two on Monday night in Mexico City. I'm going to be taking the Bears and the Rams under thirty nine and a half, the Raiders and the Bengals over forty nine, and the Bills laying six and a half against the Dolphins. But you have already given your it's a trap, so I get to now give mine, and mine is I'm going to avoid the Vikings laying ten and a half to the bronc That's a really, really big number and you look at it, and the Vikings should easily win this game. But they're coming off this huge win against the Cowboys in primetime on Sunday Night. They've got a buy next week. It's certainly a spot where they could easily just like look past it and be like, all right, we're gonna just easily take care of business here against the Broncos. We've got the relaxation by coming up, and then we'll get forward going, you know, finishing out the season strong. They're also most likely to still down Adam Thielen here. He hasn't been ruled out. There's a chance, I believe is the quote I heard that he could play, but I highly doubt he's gonna suit up here. Meanwhile, on the other side of the Broncos defense continues to play relatively well. Brendon Allen wasn't great, but he managed the game okay in a game that they won last week. Now they're off a bye, They've had the extra week to prepare for this, So I could see some value here in the Broncos getting a number that high, But the Vikings are just such a better team, and I just cannot get behind a team like the Broncos playing on the road, who probably can't take advantage of the big deficiency in the Vikings past defense with Brandon Allen as quarterback.
Speaker 1: So for me ten and a half, when you get.
Speaker 2: A spread like that, I always look at the team getting the points, and again last week kind of showed you why Atlantic came out there and really did a number. But for me, it's just not something where I would feel comfortable taking the Broncos. So it's a game I'm running away from entirely.
Speaker 3: Do you believe in Kirk Cousins yet?
Speaker 2: Look, I did I say something negative about Kirk Cousins. Are you just asking any generic sets?
Speaker 3: No, you didn't, just the general generic Kirk Cousins is not good kind of analysis. It's an I have personally, I have been shocked about his play. Seventy one percent completion percentage, seventeen hundred yards, fifteen dutchhdowns, one interception in his last six games or something like that, five six games. It's been shocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's been good to see them open up the offense a little bit and rely a little bit more in the past, although you know they don't always need to.
Speaker 1: Dalvin Cook is such a stud.
Speaker 2: I certainly was never as down on Kirk Cousins as I felt like most people were.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like a guy like.
Speaker 2: Cousins, we've seen enough to know he's a quality NFL quarterback. And perhaps again it's me as a Jets fan, where you have a lifetime of watching, you know, these are quarterbacks that really can't play the position that when you see someone like Cousins, you're like, oh, yeah, that guy can totally run an offense without any problems.
Speaker 1: So look, whatever they're doing.
Speaker 2: I really like, if I was forced to take one, I mean, I'd probably take the Vikings just because I really don't feel confident right now in the Broncos' ability to score despite what they did in their last game.
Speaker 1: But for me, this is a trap.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too many points for me to feel comfortable. All right.
Speaker 2: So you are avoiding the Bills giving six and a half to the Dolphins, I'm avoiding the Vikings laying ten and a half against the Broncos. Now, before we get to our final segment, I want to remind everyone about our giveaway. It is a signed Odell Beckham Junior Cleveland Brown's helmet, and our contest is running through November thirtieth, so you still have a little bit to enter. Now. You can go to betting pros dot com slash contest for more details. But if you want to enter, just leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher and send a screenshot of that review to contest at bettingpros dot com now. An entry into this contest gets you automatically entered into all future contests, So if you've entered a previous contest, you're automatically entered into this one. So you might as well go ahead, get your review in and send the screenshot of it to contest at bettingpros dot com Now that Beckham helmet and all of our signed helmets. They come from Pristine Auction, where they offer a ton of great memorabilia with thousands of auctions every day, and when you go there, use our promo code Betting Pros and win a free five dollars voucher instantly. So just go to Pristineauction dot com. That's p RI I S t I n E Auction dot com. All right, let's finish up with our topprop and I believe you mentioned that it's coming from the Raiders Bengals game, so go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey it is. It's that elite running back you mentioned, Josh Jacobs. He's I haven't seen any official numbers on the board, but I've seen an at least prop on the board for ninety six yards and then you can kind of make the assumption that that's usually about eight and a half to ten percent higher than the total will be. So I'm going to take Josh shape It Gibs to go over eighty nine and a half rushing yards this week, and for me, this one's pretty simple. You broke down the Bengals pretty quickly, one of the worst rush defenses in the league. They're allowing one hundred and seventy three yards per game on the ground and ranked twenty ninth in DVOA and not only giving up but a lot of yards. They're giving up a lot of yards in bunches. Sixteen plays of twenty or more this season, and the Raiders are just going to run the ball up there. That's the game plan. They have one of the like you said, like you also mentioned, they have one of the best offensive lines in football, surprisingly to me, and Jacobs is averaging nearly twenty attempts per game and ninety yards per game. I just I am excited to back this one wholeheartedly, Josh Shacobs. I think he's gonna break a big one and go over this one. We'll say in like the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this is a great one. But let me let me ask you something, all right. Let me so, I'm looking at at points bet right now now they offer kind of the at least this, So I'm gonna give you the odds. I'm gonna give you the vig So you tell me which one is your favorite. You can get him at seventy five or more rushing yards at minus two sixty four. So that's a pretty big, big prize right there. You can get him to go over one hundred rushing yards at minus one oh six. You can get him to go over one hundred and twenty five rushing yards for plus two forty, or you can get him at over one hundred and fifty rushing yards at plus four to twenty five. Out of curiosity, which one of those is your favorite?
Speaker 3: The responsible better in me says the one hundred yards at the minus one oh six or whatever that was. But if if he's gonna go over, I think he's gonna he might go way over. And that led almost four and a half to one at plus one fifty, like that might just be worth a little sprinkle.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: I'd probably go one twenty five. I'd split the baby at plus two forty and I'd take it there because I do think he's gonna get there. Because I completely agree they're gonna win this game pretty handily and they're gonna rely on him all day long. And he he is great man, he is really he's a future. Yeah, he is just he runs hard, he's he's just really good. And again, as we talked about, they have a great offensive line so I love the bet completely. Now I am going to stick in that game, and I'm gonna go on the other side of the ball, and I'm gonna go with Joe Mixon to go over seventy five rushing yards at minus one thirteen. So, as I mentioned, Mixing got thirty carries last week in a game in which the Bengals were blown out from the word go right, I mean they had the touchdown to Mark Andrews in like thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: That was just done. The game was over.
Speaker 2: So whether they're just trying to protect Ryan Finley or whether or not, it's kind of a new philosophy here where they're gonna rely more heavily on the run. I think you're going to see a ton of work for mix In, regardless of what the score is. And if he sees twenty to twenty five carries, he's easily going to surpass seventy five yards, even with the fact that they have a terrible offensive line, and even with the fact that the Raiders have done a pretty good job of holding opposing running backs in check. As I said, I don't really believe that the Oakland Rush defense is elite. I think it's far more about the fact that their pass defense is just terrible, and I think that that's really where you attack them. I think you can still attack them generally on the run. And again, seventy five yards is not a huge number, and it's only minus one thirteen. You looked at what we said, Jacobs was minus one oh six at one hundred yards, So if you can get mix in at seventy five yards at minus one thirteen again, between the two, I think Jacobs is like the lock.
Speaker 1: Of the week.
Speaker 2: Frankly, whichever way you go over one hundred, great, I think that's going to be there. But in this one, Honestly, even though I expect the Raiders to win, I'm fairly confident that Mixon is going to get the workload to allow him to pretty easily.
Speaker 1: Surpass seventy five rushing yards.
Speaker 3: No complaints for me.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: We're on the same game even so, you know, you and I can watch that and we can you know, message each other and hopefully not be both pretty happy at the amount of apure that. Yeah, absolutely, all right, that's gonna do it for today's show. Thanks again for joining me, and to remind everyone where they can find more of you.
Speaker 1: And your work.
Speaker 3: You can find me at covers dot com and on Twitter at Covers Underscore Kayley. We also have a brand new app that's that you can download and test out. It's great for bet tracking line moves and we've got these cool things called sweat alerts. So if you set a line and your team is only covering by a point or so, you're gonna get an alert and be like, hey, maybe go hedge this bet somewhere else. And it's just a cool little thing you need to go and check out.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, that honestly sounds like a really great thing for better So everybody definitely go check that out and make sure to follow Andrews a great follow on Twitter. So thanks again for coming on, man, I really really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: No problem, I'm happy to be all right.
Speaker 2: I want to remind everyone about bet mgm, where you can get a risk free five hundred dollars bet when you go and download the betmgm Sports app and sign up using our promo code Harris, and don't forget to leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher and send a screenshot of that review to contest at Bettingpros dot com to be entered into our Odell Beckham Junior signed helmet giveaway. Good luck with your wagers this week and my friends, we'll be back breaking down the early lines for week twelve on Monday