Speaker 1: Hey, it's brooking Jeffrey in the morning and it's Saturday, which yeah, is for Second Date updates.
Speaker 2: It's a double the fun type of situation.
Speaker 1: We got two classics back to back, and we started this last week where we're kind of hosting one of our full hour episodes every Sunday. Yes, yeah, so tomorrow you're gonna get a full hour episode on this feed a little bit more and maybe you're not ready for it.
Speaker 2: How do people feel last week about it? Alexis, We had a lot of comments.
Speaker 3: I mean, Evan plays Lax said they finally switch from the Second Date update to the full show and it's way better on it took me three years to do it.
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 3: And then Riha said, I didn't hate it, but honestly, I was just confused because the segments felt random and I didn't know what was going on most of the time.
Speaker 2: Show exactly. I can see that.
Speaker 1: Like if you're used to like an hour podcast where people just talk NonStop about the same stuff for an hour, this is very different.
Speaker 2: This is an hour of our radio show.
Speaker 1: It's a bunch of different segments that are all smashed together, and soon.
Speaker 5: Someone's gonna go I have an idea, you guys should play music in between the segments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, radio show and then do it live. Hey yeah, all right, Well tomorrow you're in for it. Whether you like it or not, we get another Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you don't like it, just don't listen, and then come back Monday for your brand new Second Date update.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's the classics. Enjoy.
Speaker 5: If you're driving to work right now, or to school, or you're about to get out of the car and turn your radio off. I just ask one thing from you that at some point later today you go to our podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey and look under the second Dates for the title Mexican Crection. Okay, because what you're gonna hear is one of the most hilarious accidental situations ever that happened to one of our listeners while he was on a trip in.
Speaker 2: Mexico and it wasn't even tequila's fault.
Speaker 5: Well no, although tequila did play a role in what happened that day, So make sure you check it out. For the lucky ones who are about to hear this live on the radio, though, get ready for your extra Cray Cray edition of a Second Date Update. It's coming up.
Speaker 6: Next, second date, up date.
Speaker 5: How come whenever I go on vacations, I never meet anybody interesting or sexy or cool.
Speaker 2: Ever, I think it's because you have to talk to people.
Speaker 5: I do talk to people.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You're just like, you're kind of like a quiet guy sometimes.
Speaker 5: Sure, I'm a good listener, Yes, thank you, bro. I just meet the weirdos like Dale, the severely sunburned pharmacist who's celebrating his third divorce. So people, Yeah, you just don't meet the right people. And then the guy makes me pay for all the drinks on the booze cruise that we're on.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 5: But that wasn't the case for one of our listeners, Drew, who says he went down to Mexico for a vacation recently and ended up meeting an awesome woman while he was there. So let's talk to him about it. Drew, How you doing, man, dude, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Are we making an international call to Mexico?
Speaker 4: No, I'm back, but I was in Mexico and I'm really confused. I need your help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you're on the phone from here. I'm wondering about her. Yeah, yeah, we call her in the next part of this.
Speaker 4: She's here, but you know, China in touch with her. Maybe you guys can help.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll tell us how you met her.
Speaker 4: So look, so I was in Mexico. I go with my family every year. It's like this whole thing. Oh yeah, and I had like twenty minutes to spare, and I'm I just as I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry to interrupt, but it's not like your wife kids, right, I just make sure.
Speaker 4: When you say no, I know it's my aunt uncles.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I just didn't interrupt, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it is important. Yeah, but no. So yeah, I'm at the pool and I'm by myself at the bar, and all of a sudden, this like chick comes up to me and her name is Chrissy. Turns out, apparently we clicked. Yeah, like from Three's Company.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh yeah, do you have a more modern reference than that one, because I don't think we know.
Speaker 2: You don't sound that old.
Speaker 4: Well no I'm not, but hey, I like reruns. But yeah, anyway, by the boy, and this Kirsty comes up to me and we start talking, and apparently we clicked right away because this old couple that was like swimming by us, came up to us, and that's just how long we were married.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, what's a good sign When a total stranger thinks that you have such a good chemistry with someone, you must have been with them forever. Yeah, yeah, or you're dating or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was crazy, so I kind of just went with it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you pretended to be married to this old couple.
Speaker 4: No, not to the old couple me and Chrissy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like anything, Brook says, You're not really the.
Speaker 5: Way you say words, Brooke, it's important that sense totally communicating right now. I didn't pretend to marry well the way you said, that's what I meant.
Speaker 1: Like, you pretended in front of the old people to them, they thought you were married.
Speaker 9: Yes, anyway, I kind of fell in love with her.
Speaker 4: I spent five hours with her.
Speaker 2: Wee kind of down.
Speaker 5: How much drinking that's a good question.
Speaker 4: In Mexico, any went for me. But look, we hit it off. Turns out we're from the same area, we know the same people.
Speaker 5: Like to be what that is whole world?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we were supposed to meet up the next day and I haven't heard from her, So.
Speaker 2: You spent all day at the pool together. Did you guys go anywhere else besides the pool and the bar?
Speaker 4: No? Five hours in the water, just drinking and laughing and pretending we're married.
Speaker 2: Wait, we were supposed to be up with her at the resort, get her back home.
Speaker 4: We were supposed to go walk on the beach in the morning. And then she texted me and she said that she had an early flight, which I understood. Okay, But now that we're back, we're in the same area, Like, why isn't she getting back to me. I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not really a date that you went on though, right, So it's like, although you were flirting and you were doing the thing, Like, I don't know, what.
Speaker 5: More could you need from a date than like drinking and flirting and hanging out for five straight hours. What more would qualify as a date?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, like when you're on vacation, you just think of like vacation zone and real life zone, and then they don't overlap.
Speaker 2: There's like vacation boyfriends. Yeah, yeah, like back.
Speaker 10: To real life.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, I didn't know the rules.
Speaker 6: Vacation is different.
Speaker 2: I need Alexis to say everything I'm trying to say, because.
Speaker 5: In so how long has it been since you've been back.
Speaker 4: It's been two weeks and I checked her every other day. I don't want to be too hard, but you know, like we had such a good time.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you send it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you just saying, hey, what's up? You're sending her picks that you guys took together.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we didn't take any texts. You were in the pool.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Brooks, stoping.
Speaker 4: Just get.
Speaker 2: Always take pics at the pool.
Speaker 5: Okay, so weird, but we're gonna come back. We're gonna call your Mexican wife, Chrissy, and we're gonna find out why she's not wanting to hang out now that you're back home together. Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, she's not Mexican. I just met her down there.
Speaker 5: In like she was located in Mexican. Okay, now now I'm being the condition. All right, this might be a train wreck when we do your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 6: On second date update.
Speaker 5: A chance meeting at a pool in Mexico, a meeting that lasted for five wonderful hours, where drinks were flowing, water was splashing, old people were admiring them as.
Speaker 6: A great couple.
Speaker 5: It was just the perfect day for our listener, Drew, and they were scheduled to meet up to go for a walk on the beach together the next morning, but Chrissy, the woman that he met, texted him saying she couldn't make.
Speaker 1: It, which she said she had a flight out. Why didn't you remember that when she was playing the.
Speaker 5: Very suspicious But now that they're both back home, what's changed? Is she sobered up now and suddenly not into it anymore? Is she back with her husband and can't see him without, you know, making things weird.
Speaker 2: It's actually not a bad question.
Speaker 4: Far.
Speaker 5: We don't know, but we're gonna attempt to find out when we call Chrissy here in just a second. First, Drew, how we feeling?
Speaker 4: You're good?
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 1: I thought you'd be more nervous because you dropped a lot of emotions when we were talking to you. I mean, you were saying, after five hours, this is love.
Speaker 5: You did use the L word.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's gonna work out.
Speaker 1: Okay, that optimistic, that's good.
Speaker 10: Nervous.
Speaker 5: He's still having a little bit of tequila this morning, and there's supported shots all around no comment from Dreke. That's okay, your body, lady. We promise we're gonna make sure Brook talks as little as possible when we call.
Speaker 2: Chrissy here, I'm promising nothing.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, then we're doom from the start. But here we go Chrissy. Hello, Hey is this Chrissy?
Speaker 7: This is what should you say?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I guess we could say Spanish? Na yea, that's going it's already off to a bad start here. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi, Hi, We're.
Speaker 5: We do a segment on our show called the Second Date Update, and we're hoping that you would be a part of it.
Speaker 11: I mean, can you tell me more about like what's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it's where we help our listeners who met somebody or have gone on a date with someone they really like try and reconnect for another date. And that happened recently with a guy named Drew down in Mexico. At least that's what we heard.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah Drew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he's been texting you for like the past two weeks and he hasn't heard much of anything back.
Speaker 6: He talked to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got a little bit of background about what happened that you guys met in a pool and you guys hung out there for five hours.
Speaker 2: He said, it was a great time. Like drinks are flowing. It just felt like you guys were clicking.
Speaker 5: You even pretended like you were married at one point.
Speaker 7: Anytime I feel like you're in a pool and drinks are flowing, it's a good time.
Speaker 5: You always pretend you're married to someone when you get in a pool.
Speaker 11: No, that was the first time, but I don't know after we were in the pool for a while, Like you said, five hours we were there.
Speaker 6: But it's a long time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it's a long time. We got to know each other. It was great. He's a great dude, but he's kind of the lightweight because okay, not that I have a drinking problem or anything.
Speaker 1: It's always good when you established that first hours straight and didn't.
Speaker 4: Feel a thing.
Speaker 8: We are to get tequila for five hours and I was just ready to keep the party going.
Speaker 11: But Drew just was ready to.
Speaker 7: End the night.
Speaker 2: And yes, do you.
Speaker 5: Yourself better than he does.
Speaker 2: Maybe it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You're out in the sun, it's hot. I'm sure you're dehydrated, Like, that's a long time. Anybody needs a nap after that.
Speaker 8: I totally get that, and I was headed to take a nap after I wanted to go get one more drink, you know, And I pulled up to the hotel.
Speaker 11: Bar okay, and I met someone. Wait wait, okay, Andrew and I were not hooking up that day. That was a fun, little, fun little thing in the pool.
Speaker 7: But then I really met somebody and I feel like I connected with him. He was an older gentleman and.
Speaker 11: I was instantly attracted to him. He was my type, and he just like really seemed like he had his stuff together, you know, like there was no red flag.
Speaker 5: Wow you good luck with men and Mexico.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. But wait, are you still dating the guy?
Speaker 11: Things were going so well that night that we continued.
Speaker 2: Them, continued them.
Speaker 9: Is here, oh back home?
Speaker 5: So you're still seeing Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yes, an you I mean yeah, he's from around here. And I just I really really liked Drew. He was a great guy. I had a lot of fun with him that day, but I didn't know if he was like the type that I wanted to go out with again.
Speaker 7: He was just somebody that I was hanging out with for the day and it was fun, like I made a friend.
Speaker 11: For the day.
Speaker 5: Look, that's totally fair, and you're absolutely allowed to meet who you want. But here's an idea, because since it's still early in your relationship with this other guy and you're just starting things off with this person, so I don't know what his name is Bruce? Actually, okay, why not continue to go out and see Drew and Bruce?
Speaker 1: I mean, if if you're honest with Bruce, is right, I mean I could think about it, but balancing too mad, it's pretty hard.
Speaker 4: You met hold on, you met somebody named Bruce there.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Christy, I need to let you know that Drew has actually been on the other line listening this entire time.
Speaker 4: You're joking.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 11: Or what are you doing? Like, why are you doing this to me? Well?
Speaker 4: I was wanting to know why you weren't getting in touch with me. But now I'm a little confused because there's not that many Bruce is out there, and you know that I was with my uncle and his name is Bruce, So.
Speaker 6: What can't be Drew?
Speaker 11: No, I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: Why Wait? What did Bruce look like? Can you please tell me kind of important? He was an.
Speaker 11: Older gentleman, and he was pretty tall, probably like six foot two, and he was wearing a really nice watch. He had a very nice beard eyes.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me with that? It's my uncle, Drew?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm in shock. I thought we had a thing going.
Speaker 11: It makes sense why he's from here too.
Speaker 5: I couldn't figure that out.
Speaker 2: The way the uncle was an upgrade from our boy. Don't bring it.
Speaker 6: Down like that, I.
Speaker 11: Drew, Drew, listen, since I'll probably see you at family reunions.
Speaker 7: It's not.
Speaker 10: Jump in that like.
Speaker 2: It's that serious with this uncle, Bruce. Are we telling him huncle because he's like a hunky uncle. I mean, it's pretty good. It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Let's not call him anything, call him Bruce.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm sorry, my boo right now.
Speaker 4: But well, you know he's a recovering alcoholic.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's way more put together.
Speaker 4: I can't believe my uncle didn't even tell I told them all about you and were going to go out.
Speaker 7: He must have thought I was too good to be true, so he found me himself.
Speaker 4: But hold on, why didn't you just answer me? Though?
Speaker 7: I didn't know how to tell you that I was seeing somebody else, and I don't really see two people out of time usually.
Speaker 2: But she probably just feels too like she didn't owe you much. You know. It's like, I mean, it sucks.
Speaker 1: I agree she should have responded, but people don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people ghost all the time. Called you a friend for the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just had a different feel.
Speaker 4: I really thought I thought we had I don't whatever. You know what hafne with Bruce and I mean, would you like to go out one more time?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 5: Well, sounds like he's still a little bit interested, so we should ask Chrissy, would you like to go out with Bruce's nephew for a day? We'll pay for that date.
Speaker 11: I was gonna say, I might have to check with Bruce. Bru's allowed out of the house past his bedtime.
Speaker 12: Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, man, I'm sorry, dude, I don't think we're gonna be able to get you a date here.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go on vacation with your uncle ever. Again, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Every year.
Speaker 10: Fruk and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I know, I said it was going to be awkward for him at the holidays, but think about their next Mexico vacation because Drew said it's a family tradition where they go every year. Imagine we were having to lay out on the beach and he has to watch Uncle Bruce with his hot young girlfriend while she rubs lotion all over Uncle's back.
Speaker 1: There's only one answer to this, Jeffrey, and that's that Drew meets Chrissy's aunt.
Speaker 2: I mean, can't fire without fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I hope she's got a single ant.
Speaker 5: Will yeah, Oh, we have to make that happen.
Speaker 1: If anything, we have to get well, I guess we don't get a second date update update with Drew, but I'd like to hear how Chrissy and the uncle turn out.
Speaker 2: Is that wrong can go to Mexico with them and see it all go down on it?
Speaker 5: We need to do a remote broadcast from a tropical vacation place like this will be perfect. This resorted, we find out which one, we'll probably all end up with Uncle Bruce if we're not careful. But if you ever want to get a second date update for yourself, you can email us at Brook and Jeffrey. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 10: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: It's always good to make the ladies scream, which is why all of Jose's dates happen at haunted houses.
Speaker 2: Is way more innocent that I thought.
Speaker 5: One of our listeners says he got it done a different way when he rolled up to the parking lot, opened the trunk of his car, and his date couldn't help but start screaming. Now was it good screaming, bad screaming or one of those dry, emotionless screams. We're gonna find out in a second date up date that's coming up right after.
Speaker 6: This second date up date, alexis.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about a guy bringing you a gift on a first date? Do you like a guy to have a present or do you require it?
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say it depends on what it is. You know, like I require something.
Speaker 5: But preferred don't show what just cash exchange.
Speaker 2: That takes the date to a different type of relation.
Speaker 5: Whatever, Loox, this is into you her have it okay side business. But I only asked because one of our listeners says he showed up to his first date with a special surprise for his lady and it wasn't your stereotypical flowers with a box of Plan B.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should not be in the Plan B.
Speaker 3: Is I mean, come Hans.
Speaker 5: Mom didn't use it and she came about But you know what, where's the romans being prepared? Is hot? Okay? We're going to get to the gifts specifically in a second, but first, Kyle is the one who emailed us, so welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, how are you doing?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: God, we're giving you all sorts of ideas for your next date.
Speaker 5: Kyle, know your gift, Kyle, I'm scared.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 5: But first tell us about this lucky lady that you met. Where did you meet her?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 9: We met online on you know, one of the ashsa okay, and we clicked. I thought she's really hot and I hope she I think she liked me.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 5: By the way, did you even catch that in the profile?
Speaker 6: Or who cares?
Speaker 4: Her name is Sarah?
Speaker 2: Sara Sarah okay?
Speaker 1: But what made I mean, there's a lot of hot girls on the dating apps, like, what made her stand out so much that you.
Speaker 2: Wanted to bring her a surprise gift with him? Is that it's that easy? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 9: You know it is like a visual medium. So, I mean, she was really pretty. I'll just say it, she's really pretty.
Speaker 2: Buy her affection. I see.
Speaker 5: I don't know, is that how it was that you're making it seem like weird.
Speaker 1: I can ask them why she stood out. Nobody had an answer.
Speaker 2: Because it's hot.
Speaker 5: Well that's what dating is.
Speaker 2: Broke a lot more.
Speaker 5: Just go watch a nineties movie and get your jobs off there.
Speaker 1: Like both parts at the grocery store and then like I've a whole.
Speaker 2: I just want them to have. Most people have a connection, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Besides, in the modern dating world, no, they don't.
Speaker 2: Truly to so many. Okay, we're getting off track. I'm not going to argue about this anymore.
Speaker 5: I apologize. She has no idea how modern dating were.
Speaker 6: How did you know how bond?
Speaker 9: Well, so we started talking about TV shows, okay, and I asked her what what her favorite show is. She said she didn't own a TV.
Speaker 6: Whoa, whoa, that's wild.
Speaker 2: I went through a phase like that.
Speaker 5: No, I get it. No TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but you have.
Speaker 5: I know, not driving a car with my feet.
Speaker 1: You honestly like you're a single woman, you're living by yourself, like you just watch your shows on your laptop.
Speaker 2: You don't need the TV. Is that what it is?
Speaker 9: Well, she her roommate had the TV and she moved out, and so she just never got another.
Speaker 6: Okay laptop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, See that's not doesn't sound like a lot of bonding if you were talking about your favorite TV shows and she doesn't own a TV.
Speaker 9: On their first conversation, you know, so on a whim, I bought her a TV.
Speaker 1: Whoa, oh, so, who did you awkwardly carry it into a restaurant?
Speaker 4: I put it in my car.
Speaker 7: I see, Oh my god, record TVs are not as expective as.
Speaker 5: They used to people.
Speaker 9: TV how many inches forty three inches? There was a nice TV. It had Roku Oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, smart TV, nice time, something like something my parents would say.
Speaker 5: All right, and you said it was in the trunk of your car.
Speaker 9: Yeah, put it in my trunk. So I took it to the date and I told her, hey, I've got a surprise for you.
Speaker 2: What There is no way she was expecting that.
Speaker 5: Water you get it in front of her?
Speaker 2: Wait are we at the beginning of the date when you gave it to her?
Speaker 9: At the end, I pulled up and I showed her the TV.
Speaker 5: It's amazing. That is so cool.
Speaker 11: We've never heard on TV give on the first.
Speaker 5: Dame, although I have heard of. I have heard of guys being like, hey, I have a surprise for you in the trunk of my car, and then the story usually goes totally.
Speaker 2: Shouble and some duct tape. Yeah, but wait, what was her reaction?
Speaker 4: Well, she was happy, she screamed.
Speaker 9: She was like, oh this is amazing.
Speaker 6: Uh oh wow, okay.
Speaker 2: After because then you know if she actually likes you.
Speaker 5: But that's you know, you could have also said, would have been like, we could either go back and try it out Netflix and chill, or we can continue our date.
Speaker 9: Well, I actually installed it for her too.
Speaker 1: So you did go back to Really wait, did you guys go to dinner at all?
Speaker 2: Or did you Was the TV the whole date at this point wondering.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we had dinner?
Speaker 2: Oh you did?
Speaker 4: Oh god?
Speaker 1: She must have been like so excited to go home and try out the new TV.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 5: TV nerds.
Speaker 2: I don't thought she was excited, he said she was.
Speaker 5: I mean with the Roku probably how did it go?
Speaker 2: Can't get over that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I brought it up to her apartment, hung it up on the wall, and then you know, we watched TV and I spent the night on the couch and she went to her room.
Speaker 1: Nothing happened, but okay, she invited you to spend the night.
Speaker 9: Right, we were just watching TV and she fell asleep. She went to go sleep in her bed.
Speaker 5: Okay, she must have just took the couch on you.
Speaker 1: But that's like a good comfort level, Like you meet somebody on a first day and you allow them not only to come.
Speaker 2: To your house but to stay the night. That's good, it's good. That's a good sign that she trusts you.
Speaker 5: So what's happened since then?
Speaker 9: Well, so we hung out one other time, but it was like kind of short and I don't know. I was just getting like a weird vibe from her.
Speaker 5: Please tell me you did not ask for the TV back after this all happened. We definitely had gotten a show Who've been hurt and they've asked for like, oh, well, now I want half of my bill back because she doesn't want to see me anymore.
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm not that petty.
Speaker 1: I was thinking she'd say, oh, I had a computer, but my roommate took it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you opened the world in Netflix and chilled for her now yeah.
Speaker 2: Or she just chilled by herself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, Well we'll find out when we call her and see if she even picks up and takes a break from watching Murders in the Apartment or whatever in the building murders. I didn't watch it, so but we'll find out what she's doing. That should be the sequel, but for now we're focused on our second date update when we come back right after this second date update, I think all of us have imagined going on to a giant game show one day, winning and taking home an awesome prize like a forty three inch smart TV with rogue. But a girl named Sarah didn't have to do all of that. She just had to go on one date with our listener Kyle, who gifted her a brand new flat screen just.
Speaker 2: Because she'd mentioned. She didn't actually showed up. It wasn't even at the end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all because her roommate had taken her last one when she moved out. But after installing it for her and watching it together, she's been acting a little bit weird. Those are Kyle's words. And he doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Why I got a second time, but apparently it was so short that there's not even a description of the hangout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like it was that bad.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the reasoning is. But we're about to call Sarah here in a second. But brook what do you think and what are your thoughts before we reach out to Sarah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was just too much, too quick, because she's like, she didn't ask for the TV, even though she was excited about it.
Speaker 6: I didn't think of that.
Speaker 5: It different too big of a TV, is what Brooks said. You should have gone like a thirty inch maybe one that had a VHS player in it or something. It wasn't even a four case. But Kyle, we're going to try our best to do this for you, Okay.
Speaker 4: All right, I really appreciate it, Yain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if she doesn't agree to another date, are you going to be regretful about the TV gift or.
Speaker 4: Do you have a backup gift just in case that's a good idea.
Speaker 9: Do you guys have any three giveaways or anything like that.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 2: We're going to give you a gift card at the end of this.
Speaker 5: There and if you want to thank us by giving us a TV in return, that's up to you. We're not going to pressure you, but most guests you give us something as a thank you.
Speaker 2: I have four TVs in my trunk right now, not nice ones.
Speaker 5: Or else you would have installed them in your house. But still, whatever it is, it's up to you. Let's call Sarah and see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Sarah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, Yes, you may wear a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Not a TV show, a radio show. She's really into TV.
Speaker 5: Now, Jeff, We're Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I'm Jeff brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. My name is Jeff. That's the fourth time I've said it.
Speaker 2: She's not gonna know. You don't know. We're a morning radio show.
Speaker 5: Hold on, you want to know the name of our show?
Speaker 11: If I have it, can I help you?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 5: You hopefully can help us because we are doing a segment called a second Date update and trying to get some answers for one of our listeners. Is that you met up with the other night for a hot date.
Speaker 4: To hot dates, I've had several dates.
Speaker 12: I don't know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you'll remember once we say his name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kyle, Oh god, the TV guy. Don't say that?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 11: Why he likes you?
Speaker 2: He said that you're super pretty?
Speaker 5: Why is your reaction that way?
Speaker 12: Because oh my god, dude, that sounds like you have a story and I am dying.
Speaker 5: Would you mind sharing a little bit because Kyle is totally confused. He doesn't know why there hasn't been another hangout.
Speaker 1: He really yeah, well he knows the last time you saw him it didn't go well.
Speaker 6: He must be truly up to Oh my gosh, tooth. He's not a.
Speaker 5: Cute Could you explain a little bit because we're totally in the dark.
Speaker 12: Okay, have y'all ever had somebody buy you a TV on a first date?
Speaker 5: No, just like six or seven times, but yeah, just everyone not.
Speaker 2: He thought you were excited about that, were you not?
Speaker 12: I mean it was thoughtful, but I didn't know that it was get right to come with all these things. Okay, he's putting it up on the wall. Yeah, okay, if you called, you want the story, you're about to get the story.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm getting back in my seat.
Speaker 5: We're starting with he's putting the TV up on your wall.
Speaker 12: Yes, And while he's installing and everything, he's like, I'm really into sports, and I'm like okay, great and everything.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah okay.
Speaker 12: So after it was set up, he kicks off his shoes and turns on the game.
Speaker 8: The game?
Speaker 5: What game?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He did he ask you if you wanted to watch it with him?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So he's just watching the basketball game and then he says, hey, can you get some snacks for.
Speaker 5: Well, now made the full experience of what it's like to watch. He's doing the test run for you.
Speaker 2: He should be giving her the snacks then and putting her on go home.
Speaker 1: He just feels comfortable with you. He feels like he's hanging out. He's trying to bond.
Speaker 4: After one day, Yeah, how.
Speaker 2: Did he stay the night then? Because he said he slept on your couch right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, so he's so geeked up. He was like, man, the resolution, like the picture, Oh, this was a perfect place on the wall. And he's still watching the game when everything gets a late night game and so I was like, well I'm going to bed.
Speaker 5: Well you didn't kick him out, maybe that's like the insinuation like, hey, I gotta go you know with me.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like that. I think it meant like maybe you just take the TV with you.
Speaker 5: At this point, he didn't get the hint.
Speaker 12: No, he did not get the hip.
Speaker 11: I wake up.
Speaker 12: He's gotten so comfortable he gonna went to the kitchen, made him a bowl of cereal and is watching pick a ball tournament.
Speaker 2: At least he's independent. You know, you hang out with him again?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? Yeah, he said there was a second hangout. That was what he said.
Speaker 12: Well, I guess the only time that I saw him was later on in the day when I got home from work.
Speaker 11: In my apartment.
Speaker 2: All day he was still there.
Speaker 9: Okay, hold on, hold on, can I can I.
Speaker 4: Jump in here?
Speaker 2: I think a good time?
Speaker 5: Okay. Yeah, So, Sarah, you should probably know that that's Kyle. He's been waiting on the other line wanting.
Speaker 6: To talk to you.
Speaker 12: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Well, actually he's probably in your apartment right the TV.
Speaker 12: But yeah, are you hitting me? He's on the.
Speaker 11: Going way too far?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, hold on, he's installed your TV up on the wall for you, So just let's give him a chance to explain. Himself.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't do that, bought the TV and installed.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's exactly the problem with the gifts. Actually, she owes him nothing.
Speaker 1: But but but he be a good guy that you should hear out.
Speaker 5: That's totally different than what I said.
Speaker 9: All right, So I brought you dinner and I invited you to join me, and I'm the bad guy. Is that so bad?
Speaker 12: You brought pizza knowing I don't eat that.
Speaker 10: No, you didn't.
Speaker 12: Consider me at all. And he fact that you're in my house all day after I told you I'm going to bed, I gotta go to work.
Speaker 4: You don't want.
Speaker 5: And I'm going outside anyway before this blows up any further. And you guys are arguing about he said, She said, what is the pizza about?
Speaker 2: Us to dinner? I didn't think that you just brought pizza to her house.
Speaker 12: No, he was still at my house.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this is the second night after you guys hung out the first time, and he brought dinner to till it was evening the next day. What a romantic.
Speaker 2: Jeffersby sarcastic dude.
Speaker 1: It's like an unwritten rule if you stay the night at somebody's house you leave in the morning when they leave.
Speaker 5: Okay, but this was the second night, So what's the role about the second night?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The rule is you bring pizza.
Speaker 5: That's a good man.
Speaker 12: The rule is that you leave when I said I gotta go to bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guy, is it just me? Or she sounds ungrateful?
Speaker 9: Right? I mean TV? I mean am I crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought yourself a TV. I have not heard a thank you one time from her that I have you.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard she already thanked you when you gave it to her.
Speaker 9: She's not thanking me now. She's just complaining that I'm watching sports.
Speaker 4: But that's what you do in a TV.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 12: I need you to understand this. It's not your house. So I'm gonna need you to come and get this TV. All right, if you want to, I'm putting it outside. But I have done with this.
Speaker 5: Oh, somebody's inviting you over.
Speaker 9: Yeah that sounds like do you want pees?
Speaker 5: And we are going to provide the gift card for that pizza.
Speaker 2: Uh, be on the corner.
Speaker 12: Be on the corner. You will not have any access to my apartment.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is not as romance.
Speaker 3: I can text the address of the corner in case what us wants.
Speaker 4: To make it nice TV.
Speaker 9: You don't put like a free sign on or anything. When it's out there, I'm gonna come by it. I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 5: What that sounds like a no? I'm sorry, Kyle, but I guess we learned a lesson. Never give a woman a gift on a first date. Ever.
Speaker 2: No, that's just be normal. You know what, if there's no middle ground, Jeffrey, let's go with that.
Speaker 5: Finally we agree on something. It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 10: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: We're getting too many no's lately, Brook not getting enough yeses, and it's starting to make me lose faith in love. Oh no, Jack, somebody here isn't doing their jobs. It's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's the guy. He could have just gone home that night and he would have had another date. It is not my fault.
Speaker 5: Okay, fair, but Brooke, is there any way that maybe next time we get a guy on the phone who spends forty eight straight hours at a girl's place in his underwear watching nothing but sports, can you at least try to spin it into a romantic thing.
Speaker 1: Just try it sounds like marriage.
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 5: I'm doing all the heavy lifting standing up for our listeners. You're throwing them right under the bus.
Speaker 1: I started by saying it was good that she let him stay because it obviously meant she trusted him. I didn't know that it obviously meant that he didn't get the messages.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're still on the pessimistic train. I'll need you to hop back onto the optimism train and stand up for our listeners right or wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have a headache.
Speaker 5: We'll tell some advil at you. Email the show. If you have a very easy, simple dating life that we could fix without having to stand up for you, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.