Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets Twirl, the podcast from two guys who had never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars but took it on and walked away experts. So now we turned to Traders, another show I've never seen, while Will is convinced that he could win it. We are wilfred Ell and Rider Strong, two best friends, one a TV expert, one a TV skeptic, both dance scholars, join us as we step into a castle full of lies, alliances, and over the top wardrobe choices. This is Pod Meats Twirled Trading Places. Yes, I Will, Hi Rider. So by wearing a hood every episode, you're aligning yourselves with yourself with the Traders, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Just you are.
Speaker 3: Frankly, it doesn't really matter either way what I am when I get there. Eventually, I just I you know.
Speaker 2: I had the cloak.
Speaker 3: I very rarely get a chance to wear it, and when I do, people throw stuff at me. So fun to just be able to wear it in the comfort of my own home. What's funny is that I actually went into the hot tub last night and soaked for a little while and then put this on after and it's still a little damp. Oh so it's fun to just just have a gross kind of little damp, little little robe on me there, love it. This is what we do for entertainment, my friend.
Speaker 1: All right, Episode five this was uh, this is a dramatic one man.
Speaker 3: Yikes, yeah, yikes, yeah, yeah, this is for a lot of reasons, for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 1: But well we talked about it last episode. Just getting personal, you know, like stuff and people. You know, it's one thing to role play and to like call each other like traders and faithful, like as if those things actually mean something. But yeah, it gets it gets a little personal in this one and started. Yeah, you know, I'm really curious how this how this show plays out when they're not celebrities or reality stars, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, because that's how it started, right with regular people.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it was a combo. At least in the US version, it was a combo. I think there was some celebrities, some some regular people or what we call muggles, and then uh yeah, and then I think it went all celebrity. But in the UK, I'm not sure if they do only celebrity or they do a combination of the two. But I know that they're now casting for the ABC or NBC version, so straight network of of all regular people, no.
Speaker 2: Celebrities, which again will be an interesting thing to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just wonder how much of this is like heightened because they're they're they're going for a drama, do you know what? I sure because their reality or you know, actory type people and yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: In the UK it started as a non celebrity then went into celebrity, gotcha.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well I guess even if it's non celebrity, they're probably casting people hopeing for drama, right, I mean that's like the old reality show thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, It's just it's yeah, it's this was tough though. This this episode.
Speaker 3: Really was a little watching some of it through my fingers kind of cringey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well it started at breakfast, Derinda smearing Ron again, no salmon, normal breakfast. He doesn't know anything about me and my family, and I'm just like, you know, it came up later in the episode when Ron actually you know, set to her face, but I you know, a little less harshly, was already in my head saying like why does that matter? It's a game, like you know, but Derinda's just clearly playing on a social game, like the.
Speaker 3: Same thing about Donna. Yeah, like Donna's not trying to get to know any of us. Don is not telling us about her family. And it's like, Okay, my kids are football players and my stepdaughter's famous, super famous, So what do you need to call?
Speaker 1: And the smoke salmon drama continue again.
Speaker 2: There was some some looks.
Speaker 3: SSD smokes salmon drama telling you don't have it. I think out of a smoke salmon com fosters, you're.
Speaker 1: More worried about coming in the late and losing the smoke salmon then whether they get banished.
Speaker 2: Like wait, who was murdered? Alright, that's right handed over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the last two people to walk in, Tara and Johnny meaning Monet was murdered.
Speaker 3: And that's I called it because again he's the only one, yes, who mentioned a trader's name passed through his lips.
Speaker 1: But here was my thinking why that was a bad call when I when I when I saw that he was murdered, I was like, oh, you idiots, because if somebody mentioned somebody and then they get murdered. But that's where they asked he mentioned he only said it to Canvas exactly.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, exactly, that's a I know.
Speaker 1: But but in my mind I was like, wait, who did he say it to because I thought he said it in a car with like a bunch of people.
Speaker 3: No, he said it in the woods. He just said it in the woods to her, and he like whispered it.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I have a bad feeling about bad vibes about Lisa. Yeah, and she's the only time, so perfect kill right there. And that's they even say, like, I.
Speaker 2: Hope he didn't say it.
Speaker 3: I hope he didn't say it to anybody else, Like, hope he didn't say it to anybody else.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: If he only said it to her, then it's a perfect murder. It's like okay, yeah, let me take care of that.
Speaker 2: And then you go, yeah, you're done.
Speaker 3: So and if you can't Rollo Tomasium and and get out a regular thing, then you're done. So wait, do you get that reference? You don't get Tomas Jensen? Did you get Rollo Tomasi?
Speaker 5: Noms Rolo Tomasi was the name of the Did you ever see La Confidential? Oh yeah, yeah, yes, yes, that's the name he gave to his father's killer, who they never caught. And so when Spacey goes and tells the main guy, hey, I think it's him, and he turns around, he kills him in his in his kitchen, and then before he dies, he says, rollo tomasi, So that it's.
Speaker 3: At least one thing to get out there. It's the possibility of being caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Wilfred Dell pull great movie. Great movie. Yep, go google everybody, go watch La Confidential.
Speaker 1: It's funny because when he said the name, I was like, that sounds familiar. I love La Confidential.
Speaker 2: It's been a while.
Speaker 1: I should watch it again.
Speaker 2: All right. After breakfast, the group split.
Speaker 1: Up to talk.
Speaker 3: Going for Ron, it almost just seems like, no, there's nothing he can do.
Speaker 2: He can't win there. They're not going to keep him around.
Speaker 3: It's like, guys, unless he gets a shield every week or find some way to make it to where he can't be murdered every week, his time is obviously very limited. They don't like him, there's no reason not to like him. But now he's just there.
Speaker 2: I feel bad.
Speaker 1: Ron is you know? He starts throwing out Michael and Derinda, which I just like it. It's so like, Okay, sure you know you again you kind of don't like them or they don't like you, like, but I'm just not sure what they I know.
Speaker 2: I think it is it comes down to, well, you don't like me, well I don't like you, and that's right, you know. It's that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: And then Kristen brings out Colton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still love Kristin. God, I love her. She's so cool. Yeah, she's really cool.
Speaker 1: She also has this great quote about being confused between like and trust, which I think it's at the heart of like this challenge of this game, you know which other people don't seem to be able to make that distinction, like you can like somebody and also not trust them in this game because it's not really their choice to be a trader or not right, like you get selected. It's not like so once you're once you're playing the game from a position, it's not personal. It's like literally just your job to win the game is to either be a trader and lie to everybody, or to be a faithful and assume everybody's line.
Speaker 2: Like it's kind of like it's not anyway it was a good quote. Yeah, love her. I went to her and Mark Ballast still my team that i'd want to be a part of.
Speaker 1: Right and I too, you know, I think that Kristen naming Colton kind of makes sense. It's wrong, and we know it's wrong, but you know, he has this mistake that he's not adjusting his aggressiveness at all. Yeah, like he's just constantly coming full bear like and and he was wrong about Tiffany and has been wrong.
Speaker 2: Like I just feel like, you know, he.
Speaker 3: Also it seems like they always they break up in groups and they kind of almost whisper to each other. Here's who I think it is. He like gathers a group together. He's like, here's here's what I'm voting for and why. And it's like wow, oh wow, okay, you're just throwing it out there. And he'll do that with multiple groups or it's like he's like, all right, I gotta go. It's he's in the Senate. He's like, I gotta go whip votes, see you guys, And it's like, oh my god. And he just goes off and does it. And because you're right, he has the natural charisma. He's a leader obviously, and he got one right. He got the only one right so far. People gravitate towards him and listen to him.
Speaker 2: But I also thought it's in a backlass.
Speaker 1: I honestly I forgot that he was the one who like really called out Donna. Yeah, and that does give him more cred it does. When I was watching this episode in the one before, I was like, why is everyone trust He's not saying anything other than I have a few, But you're right. I guess he had the credit because he had called Donna. All Right, we get to the mission, gather at the fountain, take the coins, but not the wrong coins with the shields that maybe we'll go into the statue underneath how many?
Speaker 2: I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: There's blood statue fixing the statue, but you have to go get these other statues, spend the map from the thing. I still don't know what happened, but I guess they ran around. Something happened, and okay, but the shield thing, please explain to me, because I was sitting there going like, the shield thing doesn't make any sense, Like there would be no benefit to grabbing a shield then you can't be killed, right, But if anybody knew that you had grabbed a shield. But I thought it was going to be revealed who grabbed a shield before roundtable.
Speaker 2: So did I. So did I.
Speaker 3: But that maybe they're not gonna touch maybe they don't tell you who it is, or then they're just gonna say, because we're on a cliffhanger, we don't know. Maybe they're just gonna say, sorry, somebody grabbed a shield.
Speaker 2: So now you're all up for murder and you don't know who it is.
Speaker 3: But again, they'd have to tell you who it is because then you're not allowed to vote for that person.
Speaker 2: No, but you're not voting the traders know who it is whose shielded, right, So wait.
Speaker 3: If you get a shield, though, you can't be murdered, right, So it's only so they could not ever know until the next morning.
Speaker 2: But that's what I mean. I want to know when it's revealed.
Speaker 1: I thought literally they were going to come back and have to say after the challenge, me too, I took a shield. I didn't, So then they don't and they don't reveal that, so then they have the roundtable without knowing if anybody took a shield or not.
Speaker 2: Which seems like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was just very confused by the rules, and I kind of wish they had spelled it out because it was hard to.
Speaker 3: Know, Like if anybody else, wouldn't the people you were there with watch you take a shield, Like would you have to run back and be like, oh god, I drop my phone and like go back, and they take a shield without anybody.
Speaker 2: Knowing, Yes, this is this is what I don't understand.
Speaker 3: What again, this is the joy of the challenges here are there just so unbelievably convoluted and then they just add heavy things on top of it where it's so cool, but it is you're just kind.
Speaker 2: Of going like, wait, what I get?
Speaker 3: The premise is an interesting one where it's like, if one person takes a shield, you can all be murdered. If nobody takes a shield, there's not going to be a murder tonight. Yes, And that's kind of great because then it's like and the thing that they said when they walked away, I think they pointed it out and they did it in an interesting way, which is what I would have done as a player, is I'd say, all right, look, nobody's taking a shield. Anybody who takes a shield is a trader one hundred percent yes, and then walk away. Yes, because it's like if you take a shield, you won't nobody will be you know, we're all up for murder except you. That's fine, but the next time we're going to kill you because you're obviously a trader. Right, So you have to guarantee nobody's gonna take a shield. I wonder if they're they have to tell people, but maybe they only have to tell the traders.
Speaker 2: I don't know how, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean, the reveal is really important to the case strategy, Like yes, because I was thinking, yeah, like it kind of does make I mean, especially for the traders when they see four like in a pile together, it makes you there is a good argument to crowd to like for four people to cover your butts and just be like, okay, let's just especially if.
Speaker 3: You're Ron and you know, like everybody's out to get you, and all you have to do is reach down and take a shield. Hey, I'm taking a shield, right, Sorry, that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: But it's all about assuming other people see. This is why they're called faithful, because it's all about having right you have to have faith in your fellow players, but you also know some of them are traders. It's so tough, man. I need to know what the shield, how the shield rules work.
Speaker 3: Well, they're different every time because sometimes it's like it's like, you know, if you do this thing, you know, if you stay all the skulls, you get a shield, and that you can't be you know, you can't be murdered that night.
Speaker 2: So it's things like that too that that work.
Speaker 1: Colton was admitting that he had already come into the game saying, if I get a chance to get a shield, I'm taking it. And this at this point I realized Colton is actually playing like the perfect trader. Yeah, he's playing this game like a trader. He's aggressively picking who he wants to get banished, making sure everybody goes on board with him, right, and then like he's going to take a shield, like he's really he's a perfect if he were a trader, this is how he would play, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's why I think the traders love him because they get to just sit back and let this guy do a lot of the heavy lifting. Yeah, both literally and figuratively where it's like, Okay, he's going to do great in the challenges, and then he's aggressively going to go after somebody that we know is not a trader.
Speaker 2: Make a big scene. Great, let's do that, and we'll hop on board with him. Hate Colton.
Speaker 3: I think he got a point about Tiffany there. And then you keep getting getting people out and they don't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: I love how ridiculously squeamish everybody was about getting in the water.
Speaker 2: It's like that was great because they're all in their own clothes.
Speaker 1: I know, but you like if you watch Survivor and like the things that these people go through, put their bodies through, put their foett It's like you guys, you're you're you're at a castle. You're not even sleeping in the castle. You get to go to a nice hotel every night, I'm sure, but like it's it was just hysterical the way like so many of them were like.
Speaker 2: Oh oh I gotta stand and blatter and put my get over it. What did somebody say, am I gonna get canas?
Speaker 1: Was like, no, I'm gonna get a yeast infection. Who's gonna take care of my kuchie, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: It's the weirdest thing to worry about.
Speaker 4: Heyston, can I pull What's gonna go wrong with my coochie? Can I pull that drop just from right? Or I want it forever? Thank you?
Speaker 2: It's gonna go wrong with my kouchi?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was like you're gonna get a yeast infect what But again, it's also like the every fourth coin will be part of the third coin, where it's like, wait, what, what is actually happening? You have to find the right coin and then you have to run off.
Speaker 1: Insert the coin into the statue. What like a vending machine. Damn, my statue's broken. It's the sixteenth century vending machine.
Speaker 3: This vending machine was carved by Michelangelo himself. So yeah, and then they have to carry the back place them around to then have the blood statue.
Speaker 2: It's so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Reinvigorate itself. It looks cool, brilliant, cool, brilliant.
Speaker 1: And so during this, you know Colton had already he admitted to the camera that he was thinking about the shield and Candace Trader. Candace is on his team, and she says that she thinks Colton would take a shield if she suggested it, which she's right, And this is when I want to Candice is a good player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's gotten better.
Speaker 1: She's gotten way better. I was like, she's playing too hard or talking too much. But now like she's she's fallen, you know, she's she's mellowed out. She's taking a back and she's reading the room right like she knows that Colton is like gonna be her front mat and basically like she can hide behind him. So I thought that was really really insightful that she's she's figuring it out. And then the statues run with blood of course they do.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know why no smoke, salmon, They're all.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: After the mission, it really became Colton versus Michael running from room to room.
Speaker 2: Wow, and Ron and Derinda.
Speaker 1: You know, it was like some some real personality standoffs here that were not super fun.
Speaker 3: No, and real kind of gloves are off kind of situation. This was nothing was was kind of subdued, and it wasn't an undercurrent of anything anymore. They brought all this stuff right to the surface and it got bad. I meant, it got uncomfortable to watch, and several several points.
Speaker 1: I thought Colton going after Michael by asking to what Alan was wearing in the turret last night.
Speaker 2: Now that was funny, brilliant, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right right, but then Michael gets flustered and just starts yelling you know, well, of course it's yeah. Can you imagine being married to Michael Rappaport or just being in a family with him, like if this is how he is on TV?
Speaker 4: One of his girlfriends had to allegedly put a restraining word on him for stalking, so that that's ae wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's a member of the Clean Plate Club, So there's that.
Speaker 4: The guy is.
Speaker 2: Such an emotional wreck.
Speaker 1: It's like it's it's I think it's kind of what makes him very compelling as as an actor too, you know, like he has this like rawness to him and this honesty about him, and like, again, I kind of appreciate kind of like it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was looking at my my wife and I was just like, god, you think I'm an emotional wreck? Can you imagine what this guy is like in home?
Speaker 4: Like poor?
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Know, Hey, I've eaten with you too. You have much better table manners.
Speaker 5: Than my.
Speaker 1: Jaw for the plate?
Speaker 3: Do you remember Slimmer from the original Ghostbusters.
Speaker 2: Exactly what it looks like, just like he looked like.
Speaker 1: The whole plate goes down afterwards, the fork Slimer.
Speaker 2: God, it's crazy like watching him. This is reality.
Speaker 3: He is the quintessential example of reality TV.
Speaker 2: You just can't look away, you can't look away. I hate it, all right.
Speaker 1: So Ron just flat out tells Deranda that he thinks she's a trader and they get into it was it here that that he said the thing about I don't care about your family? No, it was around the round table, all right, So but it started here, yeah, and then Michael, you know, came running back in when he heard Colton still talking about his name. Lots of like confrontation, confrontation, and uh, let's just get into the roundtable because.
Speaker 2: It was it was a lot o okay.
Speaker 1: At this point, I was like, man, the traders are just loving this.
Speaker 3: Loving it, and they don't have to do anything. They it's the graded. They just get to step back and let this ship show comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's great, and uh yeah, Michael starts off super hot immediately making it about him even course, like if people are putting your name out, it's just they're putting your name out, you just defend yourself and just say I'm not. But instead it's like, how dare you. It's like, well, we have to call somebody. Somebody is a trader, right, So.
Speaker 3: It's not not exactly you're like, you've been flying under the radar these last five EPISOD.
Speaker 2: No, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's it's always so weird to me that these people take it so personally. It's like, you don't trust me. It's like, well, we're our job is to not trust one another right now.
Speaker 3: And I've known you for six days exactly, No, I don't trust you, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Colton does have some evid you know, his his evidence is that everyone but one who was written Michael's name down has been banished or.
Speaker 2: Which is valid by the way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's because that's what you'd want to do if you're a traders, get rid of everybody who thinks you're the trader.
Speaker 2: So okay, right, understandable.
Speaker 3: You couple that with the fact that he's very brusque people don't like him.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what it really comes down, That's what it comes down to.
Speaker 3: They just want and then eventually, you know, as we will talk about. That's what it just becomes is they're like, we just don't want you here anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love during to Colin Ron a housewife hunter. What housewife hunters? He's really really into getting rid of the housewives on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a weird argument. Okay, you came in to kill all the housewives, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, this is when she said the thing about Harry doesn't get to know her family or doesn't want to know about her family, and and he says, my family is none of your business, which it a valid point. It was a little harshly said.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, at this point, I think he's just walking around angry where it's like everybody hates me. I'm apparently the nicest guy in comedy. Nobody likes me. I no matter what I say, they're jumping down my throat. They're gonna kick me off eventually. I'm at least gonna go down swinging.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it's terrible. I feel bad for Roun like I legit, feel bad for Ron too, me too. And you wonder who the next run is going to be, because when he does get kicked off, that hatred will go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: There's there's always got to be a scapegoat, right like, and it's so misdirected in this case. Yeah, the traders are just getting away scott free, all right. And then, of course, the probably the most dramatic moment is when Michael says, nobody in this room to be better at holding the secret than you, Colton, which is pretty obviously a reference to him not coming out yet.
Speaker 2: I know, yes, And he tried to walk it back. He tries to walk it back. You can't, that's out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly what you meant, dude, you meant this guy's been lying his whole life because of course, being a football player, the easiest thing to do is come out of the closet. So it's like, yeah, everybody knows how simple that is. So yeah, that was you knew this set. And here's the thing. I went back and watched it twice before he said that. He was making valid points, and I think people around the table were starting to listen to it about Colton, Yeah they were. And then he said and everyone's like, I don't even want to have anything to do with you ever.
Speaker 2: Again he was winning the argument.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I feel like more than fifty percent of this room is queer, right, Like, so you're really you're in the worst position, Like why would you possibly think that that's a valid argument, Like you're talking to a room of people, like half of them are gay, you know, or if they're not, they're super gay friendly.
Speaker 2: Mike, exactly.
Speaker 1: This is just yeah, it's just but you know, this is like, this is his mouth just going. You know, he's like he does stuff before you think if he had thought it through, he you know, And I guess what really is disappointing to me is he probably should have just immediately been like, oh shit, that was over the line. Yeah, I apologize, I apologize, But instead he's trying to defend himself saying that's not what I meant.
Speaker 2: I didn't I wasn't insane.
Speaker 1: But you're like, there's actually no nothing else I think you could have meant, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I also have to disagree a little bit with what you're saying. I think I don't think he said this heat of the monk. I think he's been thinking this for days. Yeah, that he's that this guy's gay and he's been holding that If anybody could hold the secret.
Speaker 2: It's that guy, and then it came out of his mind and you know what, But you know what I think if it came out and.
Speaker 1: It was pointed out to you, which I think Johnny does, is like, you know, the the that not being able to come out of the closet is as much a self deception and a traumatic situation, like you know, it's it's not like a conscious lie, you know, like like just explaining that to.
Speaker 2: I know, he said.
Speaker 3: No, but Colton said that a couple episodes ago, remember where he was like, They're like, wait, you're in the football you played football and you're a bachelor. He's like, yep, trying to convince myself I was straight for years, like he he.
Speaker 1: Says this episode, I think, Okay, I know he says that, which I think that's why they had that moment, is because they had to set up this conversations because that was why they included it. And yeah, I know, because I mean, I you know, I I could I guess basically, I'm saying I could see that. I think there are a lot of people who probably have Michael's opinion about gay people out there, you know, or people that are in the closet, yes, And I think it's if he said it and then it's pointed out to him, like that's not how this really works, dude, Like you know, and Colton is saying, like I was not lying. I was trying so hard to be something that I wasn't feeling. You know, denial is not denying exactly exactly. It's self deception as much as you know. And I think that the second that that comes out, Michael Rappaport could have walked it back and just been like, you know what, I didn't think of it that way. You're right, I'm so sorry. That is unfair, like being being gay in closet. It does not make you a better liar or tilling this person, which is essentially what he was saying. So you know, he could have walked it back, even even off camp, even out of the round table when he was doing his follow up defense at the instead, it's just like I was in a situate. So it's a real bummer man, Like that could have been a moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he also does the typical thing that people always do, where it's without taking accountability, the no accountability account I'm sorry that you felt that way.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, no, no, no, be sorry you said it. Don't be sorry that you felt that you made someone feel bad.
Speaker 1: And he could have just I think it would have been a service to a lot of people who out there who might feel that way to hear him say you know what, I heard this and I'm adjusting my thing. Yeah, because that is unfair, like that is an unfair and stead he said, it's not what I meant. It's like, yes, it is, dude, I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Could have possibly meant. Of course that's what he meant. That pissed me off.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That was like yeah, and that's why he was gone. It didn't matter me.
Speaker 3: They even said, they're like, I just don't want castle. I don't care if you're a trader or faithful anymore.
Speaker 2: I just don't want you here. I don't care.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, you knew, you knew what it was gonna He knew too the second it came out of his mouth and he got that response, he knew. And if you go back and you watch it again, he was winning the argument. He was making valid points about Colton, and then he came out with that, and it.
Speaker 2: Was like, get out, you're We're done with you. I don't care.
Speaker 1: It was very similar to a moment on Survivor where a trans character was outed for being trans they had not you know, yeah, he was this great player and and uh, another another player was getting heat and he decided to try and get heat off of him by saying, like, why haven't you told everybody that you're trans?
Speaker 3: And it was like, dude, wow, so born female and transition to male.
Speaker 1: And but you know, like it was just you know, it's like so under the belt off like people and just immediately, immediately everybody was like nope, you're just gonna leave now.
Speaker 2: Chef Probes is like, we don't. I don't think they had a vote. It was just like walk away, dude. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a very This was like an echo of that moment in some ways. I mean that was more extreme because it was actually outing, you know, against somebody's will. But in this case, yeah, you could.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, such a bomber, dude, it is.
Speaker 3: And it took it to a whole different kind of level and it was like, yeah, we it did. It brought it back to the fact that it is a game.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, we want to.
Speaker 3: We want to play the game, and we'd rather do it without somebody like saying ship like that here. So if you could go, that'd be awesome, and then we're just going to write down your name.
Speaker 2: That's let's just go.
Speaker 1: But all of which you know is it's not good playing the game is going well, faithful, it is no one, I mean, the traders are are so you could be.
Speaker 3: Right, maybe maybe this is the year that that the Traders walk away with the money.
Speaker 1: Well at the end of this episode though, Colton thinks it could be.
Speaker 3: Least and somebody also they now they're really starting to mention Colton. So I do want to very quickly because in our last Dancing with the Stars podcast, A Wonderful One, I told you that I am was a master of knowing everything about history when it comes to dance expert.
Speaker 2: I'm also a traders expert.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if you're aware of that, a famous trade TV show of actual famous traders throughout history. And I wanted to put it in and I realized Michael Rappaport is arguably the most famous person around that table, which led me to believe was like, you know what I haven't told ryder about is other famous traders from his Okay, and so we're gonna start a new segment now that's called whiz famous traders from history or something that's not the history of dance.
Speaker 2: I'm still working on the song.
Speaker 1: Yea, the song could use a little I'm working on it.
Speaker 3: I agree, maybe some notes, not just like note I'm the key I'm picking is wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the key I've picked.
Speaker 3: But we're going to start today with uh Failties of Trachis. He's from the fifth century BC. Yes, A Failties and in for ADBC. A Failties betrayed the Greek impatriots by revealing a little known goat trail in the mountains at Thermopylae in eastern Greece to the massive invading army of the Persian king Xerxes. They outflanked the small force, mostly by Spartan warriors who had held off the Persian army for three days, killing all of them and continuing their march southward. I Failties hope for a place in the new order of Greece in Greece of Persia one, as well as a monitory a reward, but instead Greece prevailed and a Failties wound up with a price in his head. He was eventually killed, believe it or not for unrelated reasons. But ever since the backstabbing of the Greeks at Thermopylae, the Greek word for nightmare is still a failties.
Speaker 2: Well, he is a famous trader. Isn't that what three hundred is based on? It is?
Speaker 4: This is not wildly natural. I mean, he says he knows it, but it felt felt kind.
Speaker 2: Of No, that's natural. I like to say it as if I'm reading it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's like you want to sound scholarly, erect a monotone of Wikipedia right now while I'm talking to you. But you couldn't possibly be doing that because I'm you're looking at me.
Speaker 3: I'm looking right and you know me in the computer, I don't know how to do two things at once, so I wouldn't know how to look up something and have a separate I think they're called window. So I'm just looking at you, and I wanted to tell you a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: So there you go. We're gonna have a new little segment, and I hope you enjoy it. A Failties a Failties a Failties.
Speaker 1: Here you go all right, Well, sweet Dreams don't have.
Speaker 3: A failty and Failties was also known for just shoveling food into his mouth.
Speaker 2: Little known fact.
Speaker 3: Cut it out of three hundred smoke salmon into it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing about Michael, I really did come into this season liking him, and like you I there's something like, you know, like naive about him, about his like and even when he's kind of an emotional like mess or a dick, I was always like, oh, you're a good guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good. That's because you only know him from movies. I know he stinks social media, he stinks so much ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really I don't know. I don't know anything about him, know him.
Speaker 1: Family, that's yeah, I'm only known for movies.
Speaker 4: And like now I'm like, you're lucky.
Speaker 1: Because this was this was a really like I said, this was a chance man, like you could you could be an idiot thinking that and once it's corrected, like it's it's just the change exactly, And like you know, because what I guess, I guess I don't. I don't like the expectation that everybody is supposed to be perfect about a lot of these things. Do you know what things like sexuality gender race, Like it's hard, you know, it's like they're not always natural for everybody, and especially how people are raised, and you know whatever, they're inheriting bigotry or just blindness.
Speaker 2: Or just lack of knowledge totally.
Speaker 1: Like, So if you say something dumb or offensive and you don't mean it or you don't understand how it like, learn from learn from it, learn from it.
Speaker 2: We've all been there, dude. It's the way it works.
Speaker 3: And it's it's the people that instantly, again, first try to backtrack what they said right. Then they try to justify what they said. Then they apologize for making someone else feel bad with what they said, as opposed to taking any accountability or learning from it, which.
Speaker 2: Is all we do.
Speaker 3: That's what life is is learning. So maybe he goes home and has an epiphany. You never know, maybe he watches himself back and doesn't like what he sees and becomes a better person for it.
Speaker 4: I will say today, even though I hate defending me such a garbage but I will say today, he said in an interview him and Colton are in contact and totally fine and friends and whatever. But yeah, Michael wrapport sucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's good to hear, though at least they're like, you know, able to talk after this? Yeah, not hold it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, all right. So yeah, now Rob overheard this that Colton thinks it's Lisa, And I do think Colton gives a good argument, which is, wait, wait, who is it that he asks? He asks somebody like, is she does? Isn't she more like usually a little more outgoing middle But yeah, have you ever not seen Lisa talk like that? It's Dinda?
Speaker 3: Right, it was Dirinda, I think, yeah, Direnda's like, yeah, no, I've never another housewife.
Speaker 2: Yes, so this is where but again I don't know.
Speaker 3: Colton might be the perfect person to keep around because again he gets everybody to vote for other people and they've but if he's getting it everybody to vote for a trader.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is where you don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Oh, we blew right past my favorite moment, which is the commiserate thing. Oh, he just keeps saying, Coulton, what are the three season corrupt? Commiserate? And then who is it that this points Rob? Oh my d by the way, dressed in just overalls, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, underneath to feel sympathy. We got to stop this. It's like he's like more upset about the.
Speaker 1: Fact that he's misusing the word commiserate than anybody said.
Speaker 2: And I loved it.
Speaker 3: That's why I sort of got this guy sitting there with a snake tattoo that takes up his whole body, that is just wearing overalls is actually a secret genius, is what I think is going on, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I mean, I like, I didn't think about it until he pointed it out.
Speaker 2: I was like, it doesn't sound right. I was like, is that the right word? But it didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't remember what the actual definition was.
Speaker 2: So he said it. I was like, good job, dude.
Speaker 1: That's not all, is it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it anyway. So Rob over here is Colton uh uh suspecting Lisa Lisa, which is bad news because then he can go right back to Lisa and say, ham it up a little bit because they're gotten.
Speaker 2: But it does.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think of the traders, Lisa's probably the most exposed right now.
Speaker 2: I would agree this is twice now people have said her name, well, her horrible lion too.
Speaker 1: You know, it was bad lying and I think even if people didn't realize it in the at the time, it can get you know, it's it's subconscious, it's in.
Speaker 2: The back of your brain.
Speaker 1: Like that was a little weird, you know, like she acted a little strange that morning, and you don't even quite know why exactly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree, this was a very got just an interesting episode for so many reasons. We still don't know if any forget forget all the craziness was rapaport.
Speaker 2: We still don't know if somebody took a shield.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we still have no idea there's going to be or what the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: Right, so they just they're going to tell the traders right now in the turret, Like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm so curious.
Speaker 3: I'm so curious how they're going to do it, so nobody knows official was taken, if a murder's even going to occur.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, crazy, just absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's it for this episode of Pod meets Twirld. Alliances were tested, trust misplace, and once again we're left with a cliffhanger. Join us next time as we continue our journey through season four of Traders, a show in which, as Shakespeare said in his Scottish play, fair is foul and foul is fair, And who's going to take care of my Kutchiet