Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pena, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Drive in the Great Episode two eighty three, Week fourteen Gambling show pains me that were this deep into the NBA NFL season. It does not pain me demands that we are profitable on the season on this show, it has been a long tough slog to profitability. While the the TV show picks have been killing. Because I pick my three favorite I do five picks every week on this show. I pick my three favorite ones on Friday with an extra you know, twenty eight hours of injury news added to it from Thursday morning to Friday afternoon. So We're sixty one percent against the spread on TV. We are right now fifty three point one percent against the spread on this show after another four and one week. Demond, of course, crushed one of the easiest teasers ever. I think he covered them both by twenty points or something, so we'll discuss that later. Demonse, how are you this morning?
Speaker 3: I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Pops, I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: We have a special guest on today's show, which means briefly, demands will be bounced, but then he will be back to give America his teaser.
Speaker 4: But we don't really.
Speaker 2: Do guests, and I'm just gonna tell you this now before the person gets here. Uninvited guest, just person just announced I want to come on the pod Thursday. I'm inviting myself on. And I was like, not really, how we do things around here and America demands, you know, the synergy of Demons and I during the gambling segment, but I decided, you know, you got to pick your battles in this world. So uninvited guest about a half hour from now. But first let's get today today's actual shows or actual topics before we get to the picks. Here's what missed the cut. Joe Burrow buys the Batmobile in NBA Cup Knockout Round set and Spotify raps. I just want to drop with a batmobile for a second. If the price tag really was demans three million dollars, I'm gonna go ahead and say irresponsible purchase by Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow is a rich man. I don't think he is quite rich enough to spend three million dollars responsibly on something that is just like you can't use.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Maybe the argument is it's like a piece of art, it's going to appreciate in value, but I don't know that I think that is accurate. Joe Burrow right now, career earnings through this season one hundred and forty million dollars. Obviously he's done well for himself. But so your that means two percent of your career earnings a little bit more or on this batmobile. I think it's a little a little pricey. I gotta tell you. I think I mean it's that seems like the type of purchase for a billionaire, not a multi hunter, you know, millionaire. But maybe I'm wrong, and maybe it goes, Maybe he sells it for four million, and it's a great investment. You can buy a lot of stuff. And listen, people buy art all the time. They just hang it on a wall. It's not like it has functional but usually the assumption there is that it's going to, you know, go up in value, or you're gonna do some insurance scam.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Also, why is it not street legal? That's the now. If it we're street legal, He's like, hey, I'm just gonna be driving this around. Well, I mean, I mean, the guns obviously aren't functional. The rest of it. That thing's got a great turning radius, seems I mean, maybe it's too if you get in a wreck, you're gonna mess the other person up.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, to Mons, let's get to the actual topics of the show, because I have a little rant that I need to get to all the top here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we had a really fun Cowboys topic here, but we took it out, or I guess you took it out because you have a problem with the seventeen playoff format. So could you please explain to us what your gripe is with that?
Speaker 2: So I think the NFL has made a lot of smart decisions over the last decade in making the game more consumer friendly, protecting the quarterbacks, I think is a smart business decision, recognizing it's an entertainment product. There's a lot of smart things they've done. I we are now five years into it, and I'm officially ready to declare the playoff expansion was something they didn't need to do and they shouldn't have done. And for you know, my basically my whole life, the way the NFL playoffs worked was six teams per conference buys to the one and the two seed go. During the COVID year, they expanded it to seven teams per conference just won by and I think this year is a great example of why that was a mistake. So first, the history of it, we have never seen one of those seven seeds that otherwise wouldn't have gotten in go on a playoff run. Last year was the first year the seventh seed ever in either conference even won a game. But what the seven seeds have provided us are the following the first year of it, we got old man Philip Rivers playing for the Colts in the playoffs. They lost to Buffalo, and you got I think it was Mitch Trubisky and the Bears making the playoffs, they got cracked by New Orleans. The next year, the seventh seed was Jail and her It's his first year as a starter, looking wholly unprepared against Tom Brady and Tampa Bay. They got blown out, and then the better than a bye Pittsburgh Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger in his farewell tour saying, oh, we're out of here, Twoggs doing high fives to the crowd after Week sixteen, thinking their season was over somehow getting into the playoffs and losing by twenty one to the Chiefs. The next year, the seventh seed gave us Skyler Thompson and the Miami Dolphins losing to the Bills and Seattle getting absolutely annihilated by the Niners. Last year, the seventh seed gave us once again, Pittsburgh making the playoffs, this time with Mason Rudolph. And then the one good seven seed event we ever had, Green Bay beating Dallas in that game kind of you know, spurred Green Bay to wear So we're one for eight on the seventh seed, providing anything an zero for eight on the seventh seed winning more than one playoff game. But here's the real reason. I don't like it this season. In particular, there's no playoff race. If we had the old format demonse in the AFC, Chargers eight and four, Ravens eight and five, Denver eight and five, one of them is missing the playoffs, you have super high leverage important. That Ravens Eagles game this past weekend would have been massive for Baltimore. Oh my god, we are tied for the final playoff spot. Instead, like at Denver, getting that win against the Browns would have felt so huge and then that's just the AFC right now. Instead we look at it and it's like, oh, we know who the seven playoff teams in the AFC are. We don't know the order, but it would take a true collapse for Indie or Miami to end up catching Chargers, Ravens, Broncos. Otherwise, like the Chargers are playing a game this week in Sunday Night Football demonse against the Chiefs, that kind of means nothing for them. They're not catching Kansas City for the division and they're not falling out of the playoffs.
Speaker 4: If it were.
Speaker 2: Six playoff team format, they would feel like, oh my god, if we don't win this game, we are tied for the final playoff spot and then go to the NFC. The same thing's happening.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: You can say the NFC has real playoff races, but the NFC's playoff races are ones that would exist in any format because they're only divisional races. The who's gonna win the NFC West, Who's gonna win the NFC South? But as far as who's going to be in the playoffs from a wildcard perspective, we know who it is. Two NFC what North teams and Washington. If we had the old playoff format demons, the Packers would be like, holy crap, if we win tonight, we might actually somehow be able to win the division. But if we lose tonight, we're a game out of missing the playoffs entirely. Washington's three games skid from a few weeks ago would have felt crippling, you would. And instead we're just locked into these teams. And so for the NFL and where we really want to feel like every game has a high level, real importance. I don't love that if you're a good team, you really.
Speaker 4: Can't miss the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Now, in years past, it was like, man, that was a good team that didn't get into the postseason like it would have been for Green Bay last year.
Speaker 4: Green Bay last year is like, man, they were red hot. They know this stuff.
Speaker 2: Sorry, every game matters, and so I just don't love it. I also don't love the fact that Kansas City or Buffalo this year could finish fifteen and two and not get a bye, like the fact that I think the Chiefs are gonna get the one seed, so it actually is advantageous for Kansas City. But if the Bills, say, the Bills lose this week into the Rams and then beat the Lions, then take care of Patriots, Jets, Patriots, they is fourteen and three and their reward is they get Lamar Jackson in the Ravens in Round one. Like that, I don't love that either. So I just people are wondering why we don't have as many huge games as it feels like we had in years past late in the season, and it's because at least this year, there's no playoff races. The only playoff races are divisional races. We know who the seven AFC playoff teams are. We know five well, no, yeah, we know five of the seven NFC playoff teams already, and The only ones we don't know are the two division winners, which those races would be going on either way. So that's my little rant. I think the NFL has done a lot of really smart things, even things they've been criticized for. This is one I don't love, and I see the train coming down the tracks of the NFL considering at some point saying, well, seven's kind of.
Speaker 4: A weird number.
Speaker 2: Why don't we just go to eight, have it be a true half the league makes the playoffs and remove the buys entirely, which I would absolutely hate, And I think that would be legitimately bad for the league because then the regular season, there's no incentive to try to be great in the regular season. All right, So there's my ten minutes on that. Now we can get to the actual stories you guys had and they're oh you uh so, let's just go on to Green Bay and Detroit and get to the actual stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So tonight, Jordan Love, they go up against the Lions. The Lions have obviously been rolling this year, but they've got a bunch of injuries sacked up against them right now.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: So with all those injuries, if they end up beating this feisty Green Bay team. Do you think it will start to feel like they're more of a team of destiny or this is their year.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, lines have been great and this should be demands one of the best Thursday night games ever, not only because it's two excellent teams. But here's the other thing. Two excellent teams neither on short rest. We rarely get this where I guess we get it somewhat regularly on this exact Thursday, Thursday after Thanksgiving, but they both played on Thanksgiving, so they're both on regular rest for the week, So you're not gonna have as much kind of disjointed football as probably as many injuries as we tend to see on these short week Thursday games. And the upside for the Packers here is just massive. Like we are We've talked about the Packers all year as Okay, they're a good team, but you know they're they're not the clearly the class of the NFC. If they win this game, they're a game out of first place in the conference. If they win this game, they're a game out of first place in their division. Now it'd be hard for them to catch Philly because they played Philly in Week one and loss, so they would actually need you know what I mean, to have a full game past Philadelphia. But Packers right now are They're not fraudulent, but they have questions. And the reason I say that is they have played three games against the three teams in the conference that have a better record than them Philly, Minnesota, Detroit. Those are their three losses. So they lose tonight and all of a sudden, it's like, all right, you're zero to four against the four teams ahead of you, nine to oher against everyone else. How seriously can we believe that come the playoffs, you're gonna be able to beat all of those teams or at least two of those three teams that have owned you. So there's a huge game for the Packers. It is also a massive game for Detroit because Detroit wins tonight give themselves, you know, keeps Minnesota Bay and puts Green Bay to bed from the division and stays the one seed. Detroit loses tonight and they could find themselves come Sunday evening in a three way tie for first in the conference, a two way tie for first in the division, and Detroit, which we've been talking about them, oh Ford Field, never go outside, have the one seed beat, have the buye to where they could be a loss to the Bills a week from now away from being the five seed. And what I'm telling you, what you don't want if you're Detroit is to be smooth sailing all year long. They have played one game outdoors? Right what I'm sorry? No, how many games outdoors have they played? I'm gonna pull it up. I think up to this point in the season they've played one outdoor game. Yes, that's right, because they're at the Packers the only time they've been outdoors, and the rest of the way they only have two more outdoor games at Chicago and then at the Niners later in the year. What you don't want, Demon's a is your smooth sailing all year and then all of a sudden a ten day hiccup. Minnesota stays hot. You're the five seed, and your playoff path is okay, no problem. Go to Tampa in Week one of the playoffs, go to Philly.
Speaker 4: In week you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Them coming off of bye in week two of the playoffs, like you gotta so, there is real stake for Detroit. I do think Detroit's an excellent team. There's absolutely no denying they're an excellent team. I do worry about the clustering of injuries on defense and if that is going to force them into shootouts.
Speaker 4: In the postseason. And I don't listen. We know who the.
Speaker 2: Lions want to be. They want to run the ball, have Jared Goff throw, you know, in advantageous down in distance positions, and he has been great. There's no denying that Jared Goff's been great. But playing with a lead indoors versus being in a dog fight outdoors feels like very different scenarios for the Lions. So I'm not here. I'm not acting like the Lions are frauds. I'm not acting like the Lions aren't one of the four best teams in football.
Speaker 4: They clearly are. There are clearly.
Speaker 2: Four teams in football that have separated themselves, the Eagles, the Lions, the Bills, and the Chiefs, and we can argue about the order of it. I don't buy the idea that the Lions, because of their margin of victory, are head and shoulders better than everybody. I don't buy that. I do think that a win tonight puts them in a great position to be the one seed in the NFC, and a loss tonight makes all of a sudden that game next Sunday against Buffalo damn near a must win for them. So while the bottom part of the playoff race is not all that intriguing, the very top part in both conferences Detroit trying to hold off Philly and Minnesota the Chiefs trying to hold off Buffalo are super intriguing.
Speaker 3: All right, next, Ah, yeah, so the Chiefs have got some real dogs up in the Chargers. So the Chargers are eight and four, justin Herbert has been up and down throughout the season. But with that said, how much are Herbert and the Chargers a threat to your Chiefs?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I down the road, they could be a real threat. They have a great coach, They're building the team smartly this year. They are not a threat. And I actually really like this matchup for Kansas City. I don't know how many people watched the Chargers this past week, Demonse, you and I were watching together. We had a bunch of games on. But they I mean, how I'm gonna look it up right now.
Speaker 4: They had one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and eighty seven total yards of offense against the Atlanta Falcons. The only reason the Falcons didn't run away with that game is Kirk could not stop throwing picks. Threw a pick six through a pick in the end zone. And Herbert's having a weird year because he has thirteen touchdowns, which is not great through twelve games, one interception which is unbelievable through twelve games, but his yardage is way down. He's like two hundred yards per game passing, and this past week was another example of it. Sixteen of twenty three, one forty seven no touchdowns, like not an overwhelming performance. Here is why I like this spot for Kansas City so much. The Chargers as of late seem to have one way to move the football. Lad mcconkeye in the slot. Rookie wide receiver Trent McDuffie, the best slot corner in the league who has been forced to play on the outside a lot this year, plays for the Chiefs, and I would imagine will just be on Ladd the vast majority of the game. You take Ladd McConkie away, I don't see how the Chargers score enough points. If you remember this last matchup Chargers Chiefs, this is the game that early on Mahomes throws that pick that Rashi Rice. Is this the Rashie Rice game? I think it is? Do I have that wrong? I thought Mahomes throws a pick. You guys can fact check.
Speaker 3: McConkie's not even playing in the game, right, say it again. McConkie's not even playing. Is he this Sunday?
Speaker 4: Is lad? Is? Why would Laddin McConkie be out? Is he out? And I didn't know he's a.
Speaker 3: Little bit that would be participant in practice?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I just yesterday.
Speaker 3: I mean he might be playing.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be. Yeah, well, if he's out, they can't move the ball. But I think he's gonna I I thought that. Let me check the charge or now I'm throwing a bunch of stuff off, guys, check quick for me on if this was the game where she Rice got hurt in I thought it was the first time they played.
Speaker 4: So lad McConkie. All right.
Speaker 2: So here's a good way to read NFL injury reports. If if a guy is limited on Wednesday, usually he'll be able to play Sunday. If there are two indicators to me. Typically on injury reports, limited Wednesday is a good sign does not practice Friday is a disastrous sign. Now, Listen, sometimes guys are limited all week and they don't play. But as long as he wasn't a DNP did not practice Wednesday, I usually think the guy's gonna play. But the point that I was winging for this first matchup, Mahomes throws that pick, tries to make the tackle. Rashi Rice's knee gets blown out when Mahome's trying to blow the tackle. The charge get up ten to nothing immediately, and the Chiefs reel off seventeen straight points and win the game. So the Chiefs are gonna have their new left tackle, DJ Humphries, I would imagine starting in this game. TJ. Humphries has been a league average left tackle each of the last three seasons. His four years ago, he was one of the best in the league, but the last three years has been league average. That wouldn't sound like such an upgrade except for the fact the Chiefs have had literally the worst left tackle situation in football. The two guys they have played tackle this year left tackle for them this year. PFF has rated as the seventh worst out of seventy three qualifying tackles left or right and Jania Morris and Kingsley. There have been one hundred and forty tackles play as many snaps as Kingsley. He's one hundred and twenty seventh, So just getting average tackle play opens things up massively for Kansas City. They are on some extra rest having played Friday. This is their last like, well, it's not their last extra rest spot, but after this it's weird. They play Sunday, then they play Saturday, then they play Wednesday, then they play the following Sunday. So I like the Chiefs in this spot. I like what the Chargers are building, but I do think the Chargers right now are a bit demand's a of a product of their schedule. So their four losses have come against the four of the five playoff adjacent teams or playoff teams they've played, Steelers, Chiefs, Cardinals, Ravens. Their best win of the year is against the Broncos early in bo Nix's career. Their other wins have come against the following teams Raiders, Panthers, Saints, Browns, Titans, Falcons, So they have they have proven their ability to beat the bad teams and they're yet to prove anything against the good teams. I'm not saying this is going to be a blowout because the Chiefs don't play those style of games. But I like the Chiefs a lot.
Speaker 3: Do you think the Chargers of the Packers of the of the AFC in a way.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean kind of, except the Packers have the Backers do have. They have a lot of law. They have three losses against the best teams they've played, but they've also beaten the Rams. They annihilated the Cardinals. Uh, they beat the Texans, so those you.
Speaker 3: Know, the Cowboys have been before this year like last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good example. It beat up the bad teams, lose to the good teams.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good comp all right. Uh, rap sheets said, it's up in the air. If McConkie plays. If McConkie doesn't play, the Chargers are cooked.
Speaker 4: But even if he does.
Speaker 2: Play, I just think you put Trent McDuffie on him and erase him. All right, let's go to the last topic here.
Speaker 3: So the moment, Seattle and Atlanta lead their divisions, and Cardinals are the second in the West, and the tiers you have the Rams and Bucks had all those teams though, So since I'm not gonna be doing the gambling show today, I want to go ahead and get this in. Let's get it. So would you parlay LA and Tampa Bay to win their divisions at seven to twenty plus seven twenty?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would. I do think that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I think the Rams are gonna run down the Seahawks.
Speaker 4: And I know earlier in the year I said.
Speaker 2: Niners Cardinals could be the Sunday Night Football Week eighteen.
Speaker 4: Game winning you're in.
Speaker 2: I now amend that, so I think it might be Rams Seahawks Sunday Night Football Week eighteen game winning You're in. So I think that ten wins can take that division. And listen, the Rams schedule the rest of the way is not easy, but after this week you get a bit of a respit. They are home for the Bills, then at the Niners, at the Jets, home for the Cardinals, home for the Seahawks, and the Rams can go four to one in that stretch the they have. To my eye, they've only had one really bad game the last six weeks of seven weeks, and that was the Dolphins game. I know they got cracked by the Eagles with Eagles are an excellent team, and as far as Tampa goes, Tampa's schedule is as good as it gets. As far as going on a run home for the Raiders, at the Chargers tough, then at the Cowboys home for the pay Anther's home for the Saints. We all know Atlanta's going in the wrong direction now, Tampa, because they're zero to two against Atlanta, has to finish with a better record than them, but I think they will. So at plus seven twenty tamp in the Rams to win their divisions. Yeah, go ahead and mark me down for that because I like that a lot right now, getting seven to one when I think that is what's gonna happen. All right, So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna take a quick break, come back. We have a special guest for the Gambling Show demands then will be back in to do his teaser and to discuss the offer and things like that.
Speaker 4: But very quick break.
Speaker 2: Right back as the red Hot Gambling Show eight and two, the last two weeks two and zero and teasers just crushing.
Speaker 4: Do that next, What's Right?
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Right? Episode two eighty three and let's just be honest, an uninvited guest. Yeah, I mean, here is the full list of guests. If people are listening, by the way, and not watching, it's Danny Parkins from Breakfast Ball. Full list of guests in What's Right History that are not blood relatives or or you know, through marriage relatives of mine, Lil Wayne once, that's right, Danny Parkins and Andrew Philippony also uninvited once and now Danny Parkins again uninvited for a second time.
Speaker 4: I mean, we may as well be family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean correct you are. You know, it's funny you say that, Oh, this is is a much like I tell the producers live on the air when we're gonna take shows off, I'll tell you something live on the air.
Speaker 4: Right now, you said, might as well be family.
Speaker 2: I had to do some like a state planning life insurance, like the if something were to happen to me, what happens or whatever. Yeah, and I put you down as like you're the executor, just so you know.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't get I don't get a percentage.
Speaker 2: Well, so here's a funny thing about that. You So we actually had to determine can you pay yourself hourly or is it a flat rate because the executor is entitled to if you don't do that, a percentage of what obviously will be a massive estate.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But here is the part of it that is I think going to either annoy you or make you.
Speaker 4: Laugh, probably both.
Speaker 2: Are the second in command executor. You are the executor. If something happens to the initial executor, who do you think the executor would be in this circumstance?
Speaker 4: The person? Is it Deanna if she's over eighteen.
Speaker 2: Can't be any of the kids. It can't be anything like that. I'm just gonna tell you right now. It's Nicole that annoys Danielle, annoys Danielle's best friend. Wait a minute, Nicole, who goes on all our trips with us and Danny's yet to be invited on one of these trips, is actually the executor. You are the the.
Speaker 4: So if something happens to you and Nicole, yeah, then you're in well so here you're in sneaky Yeah, like spin zone for me. If something happens to you, there's a decent chance it also happens to Nicole, because she'll she'll be with Yeah, exactly, right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: But so Danny's here in part because sports media, the sports media world has refused to give Danny Parkins his flowers for what is objectively year over year, by the way, red hot gambling picks. So last season, let's just go to last year doing radio on the score in Chicago.
Speaker 4: I started fifteen and oh, he started documented on the air fifteen and oh against the spread. Yeah, it got no coverage. It got no coverage, And it was partly my fault because when I made our social media team like string the five week thing together to show it to go fifteen and oh, I picked three games a week against the spread, I promptly went oh to six the over, and over the next two weeks when I like tried to get a bunch of coverage for it, still still finished at like sixty one percent for this.
Speaker 2: So sixty one percent last year, which is exactly where my TV picks are this year. So a little more background here. Every year I'd been on TV, we were profitable against the spread until last year. Last year we had our first losing record. This year we're back at sixty one percent, which again, the people who listen who bet understand this. Anything above fifty two and a half percent against the spread is great, you're making money. Anything above fifty seven percent, you're among the best in the country. Anything above sixty percent is unprecedented the wrong word, but it is historically impossible to sustain every year. No one's ever done that in the NFL. Danny, what are you this.
Speaker 4: Season twenty seven and fifteen against the spread, which.
Speaker 2: Is sixty seven sixty eight percent?
Speaker 4: You bet you're better at mane, I mean twenty seven forty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so sixty I'm gonna say sixty Producers say my ear what it is.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go with.
Speaker 2: Sixty seven point three percent is what it is, right, But regardless, twenty seven over forty two is only sixty four percent.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I wish Oh yeah, of course, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight over twenty eight and fourteen would have been sixty.
Speaker 4: Six point seven. That's right. I did it the other way. I gave you sixty nine and fourteen. Regardless, it's great, Thank you.
Speaker 2: So you wanted to come on here? Are we gonna get your picks? Before TV?
Speaker 4: Like? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: It's your show and I invited myself on. So if you want me to give you some picks. I will I did not give this one on TV Today. Parkins picks nine thirty Fridays on Breakfast Ball. Got a very special thing planned for the picks tomorrow, so I don't want to give all of them away, but I will say this. I didn't make it an official pick on the air, but I have bet it Green Bay tonight, so that I like Green Bay Tonight a lot.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna discuss that in just a moment. Okay, First, let me just quickly for the audience recap last week, because on this show we do five last week, four and one a one horrible miss, the others pretty care free. I don't know if we can put up the graphic or not. If not, I'll just tell it to you. Chicago getting nine and a half against Detroit. That wasn't care free in the first half. It ended up being carefree. Pittsburgh getting three against Cincinnati. They went out right the Chargers minus won against the Falcons that actually, to be honest, was probably the worst pick of them all. The Chargers had no business winning that game, but Kirk Cousins was just dead set on the Falcons losing that game. The Rams minus two and a half against New Orleans. I gotta tell you, I don't remember any part of that football game, but I know it covered. And then Tennessee plus six against Washington. They were promptly down twenty eight to nothing, and that pick was dead. But four and one on the year gets us on this show thirty four to thirty and one overall. All right, my first pick of the week is green Bay getting three and a half of Detroit.
Speaker 4: Okay, we did not talk about this ahead of time, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: My rationale is multi layered. One is I said this earlier. I don't know if you guys talked on the show this morning. This should be one of the best Thursday night games ever because not only is it two excellent teams with real stakes, both on full rest. Usually Thursday night games, you know, teams are more banged up than usual, or get more banged up. With that said, the previous Thursday, Detroit got all banged up, and I think the cluster of injuries along the defensive line. I also think Green Bay understands kind of a rubber meets the road moment. They are zero to three against the three teams ahead of them in the Conference, Minnesota, Philly and Detroit. This is you know, they'll get one more shot against Minnesota and obviously this shot against Detroit. If they win tonight, Danny, they are definitively alive for the division. I don't think it's likely, but if they win the Detroit and Minnesota at two losses, they'll be at three and they have would have split with Detroit. They have Minnesota again later in the year. I think that Detroit has looked shakier the last few weeks. I still think they're an excellent team, but it's hard to win ten in a row. It's hard to win eleven in a row in this league. I certainly like getting three and the hook. So we're on the same page of this game. You go ahead on your rationale on it.
Speaker 4: So first of all, when they played in Week nine, the game was a lot closer than the score indicated. Green Bay had over four hundred yards of offense. Detroit had less than three.
Speaker 2: This is the other thing people don't know about. Danny doesn't love things about the NFL. Danny doesn't trust.
Speaker 4: Your record or or I watch the games.
Speaker 2: Even within a game, who won or lost, who had more yards per play.
Speaker 4: I've seen the NFL very clearly. I watched the games, and that was a game. It was a game in the rain. Weird things happened. Jordan Love threw a terrible pick six, and you'd say, well, Jordan Love throws interceptions. Fine, that was a gift wrapped pick six to Detroit. Could not have made it any easier for him. Then wis wide open in the end zone, nine yard pass, puts it right on his hands, he drops it, fourth and one. They then go for it instead of kicking a field goal because they had been down by multiple scores, end up coming out of that possession with zero points. I thought that Green Bay absolutely not, maybe not could have won the game, but should have played that game a lot closer than they did.
Speaker 2: If people don't remember the game. Just to be clear, I'm glad Danny didn't say they could have won down twenty four to three, I know, with a minute left in the third, but I actually understand. And the pick six before the half. The game was seven to three with a minute left in the first half. Correct Detroit field goal, then pick six at seventeen to three, off to the race.
Speaker 4: It escalated and also out of that game. The Packers have leaned in more to Josh Jacobs. He's second in the NFL in touches since that game, only behind Saquon Barkley. He's got five touchdowns in the last three games since then. Jordan Love has no turnovers in the last two games. And you mentioned Detroit's injuries they now have. I believe it's thirteen defensive players on IR and just from the game against the Bears last week, two more defensive linemen out not on IR, but they've been ruled out for tonight's game, so it's just Detroit. I look at this as kind of like a San Francisco thing. I think that they've just reached a breaking point with their defense. It'll be in a dome. Their offense is amazing. They're gonna score a lot of points. This will be way more. I think there'll be way more points to the night than twenty four to fourteen. But you give me three in the hook and how green Bay has relied on the running game and what Detroit now doesn't have in their front seven, I think the matchup absolutely gives this one to green Bay.
Speaker 2: So I agree with the vast majority that I also like green Bay was a little distracted by what are you doing with your thumbs and your shirt?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I gotta I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you. At first, I was like, wait, because some shirts have a little like situation. Yeah, but that's not what the shirt's made for.
Speaker 4: I just saw it.
Speaker 2: I saw I was gonna wear that jacket.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to. I didn't want to match it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you you what are your first weeks on the air. You gave a pick. I don't remember what it was. And Craig said something super funny that made me smile, where he's.
Speaker 4: Like, you love these grimy games? Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: And that you where you are better than me is sometimes I'm like, man, I have a feel in this game, but I don't want to watch a second of it. So I don't want to bet it because I don't want to be invested in this game checks those boxes. But it's a local game, so I'll have no choice but to have it on one of the TVs, so I don't mind. I love the Giants getting four and a half at home against New Orleans.
Speaker 4: So go ahead.
Speaker 2: The Saints without Taysom Hill can't move the football.
Speaker 4: What what are you laughing about? You were like the biggest anti Taysom Hill guy in the world, and now he's like a oh no, no, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I much like many of my seemingly controversial opinions, upon a level deeper inspection, realize, oh, not only was that not controversial, it was one hundred percent correct. Taysom Hill as a gadget guy is awesome. Taysom Hill.
Speaker 4: When Sean Payton was.
Speaker 2: Like, he is our next quarterback and we're gonna pay him eighteen million dollars a year was an absurdity. But for the Saints this year weren't using him like that. They were using him as a running back, widers, h back, tight end his destiny and by the way, his career might be over. He's yeah, it's he's thirty five coming out. He's older than people think.
Speaker 4: What quarterback are you comfortable betting on here in this game?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't even know who's playing for the Giants.
Speaker 4: I assume it's thru Lot, but I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm getting four and a half points. Derek Carr has played sixteen games in his career as a road favorite. What do you think his record against the spread.
Speaker 4: Is oh, it'sday sixteen games three and thirteen, one, fourteen and one. Wow.
Speaker 2: The only win was indoor back indoors in a dome. This game's obviously in New York in December. Derek Carrs thirty six percent against spread is a favorite for his career. That's the worst of any quarterback the last twenty years.
Speaker 4: Uh, and I.
Speaker 2: The Giants arenw the Giants have. I know you don't like the trend stuff. I like, no, but you care about like when it's tell me if I'm wrong. I don't want to put words in your mouth. You really don't like trends when it's like this team on this day. Oh yeah, well that's complete nonsense, or even like this team versus this team for the last twenty years. Also, but when it's specific to a player Carr, I think that is somewhat instructive.
Speaker 4: I agree. You know, I'm interested in like the Dolphins and the cold type of trends. I'm interested in Josh Allen against the Dolphins. Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 2: The Giants not only have lost their last seven games, they have not covered their last seven. The reason I'm saying that when I'm betting the Giants is I feel like they are at some point like they're gonna get extra points half point every week the market correct, market over correction. So I just think the Giants, Honest to God, when I was doing my own little in my head guess the lines on this love it, I thought this would be the Giants minus one.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think the Saints in this spot with no tastem outdoors in New York are like the Saints should not be a four and a half point road favored over anybody.
Speaker 4: No, that that's totally fair. I this game is very, very grimy. I the Giants have some quid in them though they've they've had some quid in them.
Speaker 2: They've dealt with their own injuries, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So like they are to me, they are just blowout potential every week, like if they if they get down ten early, we were positive. This team's not just folding up and going home and get and getting out of there. So they to me there that's why it's scary to love them in any spot. So that's fair.
Speaker 2: I just think getting four and a half I got you right now. I the is a spot. I like what I so I'm gonna I'm gonna go through my five and see if we have any overlapper object you know, or counter, and then we can get into more of yours. Okay, all right, this is.
Speaker 4: A Grimyer game.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's one game on the slate, and I'm eating the points. I'm laying three and a half points with Will Levis and the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: You're going back to the well with Tennessee. Right, you had last week was undeterred.
Speaker 2: They are at home against a mac Jones led Jackson.
Speaker 4: This is an anti mac Jones agenda for you, one thousand percent. Okay, he looked, Okay, last week he did he look.
Speaker 2: So here's so I have a controversial theory.
Speaker 4: Andy Reid off of Bye, Yeah, unbelievable. Right, yeah, of course that's a trying I put wad into. Of course, great coach.
Speaker 2: More time, the worse you are, the better you are.
Speaker 4: We all agree.
Speaker 2: The more time you have to prepare the better.
Speaker 4: The worse you are the last time you have to prepare the better. Right, So mac Jones didn't even think it was playing.
Speaker 2: Anybody gets thrown in the game, sure, and all of a sudden he's okay, all week. Mac Jones is like, this is gonna be my this is my last chance to prove I can be a starting quarterback. Yeah, game playing tailored for me. I'm playing the Titans. He's gonna be horrible, just horrible.
Speaker 4: And so you bet your own narratives a little bit more than I do.
Speaker 2: He's five and seventeen against the spread as an underdog in his career, getting points five and seventeen against the spread. I I think the Jags talk about it, that's gonna have given up. The Titans had shown prior to that Washington game. They had shown some fight lately, and even in that Washington game, down twenty eight nothing, all of a sudden it was like, oh they they didn't roll over. It ended up forty two to nineteen. What did they get it to? At one point they got it to twenty eight to thirteen, So, I mean, not a huge thing, but they but they didn't just flat out quit. I ain't that Obviously, Levis is trying to prove who he is. The coach is trying to prove who he is. Everyone in Jacksonville knows it's over right.
Speaker 4: You should not be quitting on a new coach in year one in Tennessee. That that I completely agree with. I'm just gonna ask you this, if we were gonna do a montage of the ten worst plays in the NFL this year, how many of them do you think are populated by will Levis Sorrey? Okay, all right, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Uh, he hasn't had as many lately, a lot early, that's true. And I don't like Levis, and they certainly don't like laying three and a half. But I how many more opportunities in our life are we going to have a chance to bet against mac Jones and we're laying less than a touchdown?
Speaker 4: Not many? No, it's gonna be the last one. Yeah, it's gonna be the last one.
Speaker 2: All right, Now to two great games after those grimmy games.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I think the Rams are gonna beat the Bills. I certainly liked them getting four and a half. This is such a massive spot for the Rams. Remember the last time they played Buffalo, they were the defending Super Bowl champions.
Speaker 4: It was Week one and.
Speaker 2: Buffalo annihilated them in that game to kind of announce themselves that season.
Speaker 4: That was the Bills.
Speaker 2: The first game after the thirteen seconds game. Yeah, and it was the The Rams defense is better than people think it is. That Jared Versu has been awesome. That was one of my best preseason picks was Jared Verse for Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 4: This feels to me like a twenty seven.
Speaker 2: To twenty four game in either direction. So I'm getting four and a half points for a Rams team. They don't have to have it, but if they lose it, they do have to run the table. Like so the Rams got five games left, They've got to go four and one if they're gonna win that division. Buffalo needs this game for one seed reasons. Yeah, doesn't need it at all for any other reason. And Buffalo also has Detroit the following week. So there's a bunch of factors where I would just be surprised if the Bills, pardon me, blow out the Rams.
Speaker 4: I liked.
Speaker 2: I think the Rams can win out right. I certainly love them getting a full four and a half.
Speaker 4: I did not lay the points in this spot. You know, I think Josh Allen is the second best player in football, and I picked him for MVP before the year. Did you have versus defensive Rookie of the year Defensive Player of the Year. Did I say said player, Yeah, no, Rookie of the Year. I thought he's not going to win defensive player. I was curious because there weren't that many high defensive draft picks for rookie, so he was one of the favorites. But yeah, he does look like he's got star potential. Uh for the Rams. You guys see what he did.
Speaker 2: They're trying to just kind of throw a little water on my defensive Rookie the Year. It wasn't You don't have to be a high draft pick to win Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 4: Wasn't a second. I think he was the second year, like one of my best picks. He was like the second favorite.
Speaker 2: I think he was probably like plus six hundred. I think that's like a good bet. I think, you know what, I think his.
Speaker 4: Second favorite someone. I think six to one is a is a good winning bet. Congratulations and all your success. I think the Rams are good. I think Buffalo is potentially great, and I don't buy at all game or letdown spot because I do think they're playing for the one seed and if they lose, Pittsburgh could jump them for the two seed. I do think they would want to avoid Baltimore, who blew them out earlier in the season, Buffalo, How.
Speaker 2: What do you mean avoid Baltimore though in the playoffs?
Speaker 4: For see, I guess I don't.
Speaker 2: So here's so because there's not buy for this two seedy. I don't think there's a huge difference between the two and the three. And I would agree with you if we knew, oh, this dog team is going to be the seventh seed, you might get Baltimore if you're the two.
Speaker 4: Or the three. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, like we have no way of Chargers, Ravens, Broncos five six seven six five, Like we have no idea, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about the idea of like they're gonna play for Josh Allen to be MVP, and a big piece of that is if they get to fourteen three or thirteen and four, that is massively significant for him to win MVPA. Oh I listen, I just don't expect letdown spots from this team.
Speaker 2: I so I don't necessarily expect letdown spots.
Speaker 4: Because I've seen that this week that like they were it was the snow it was National TV against the Niners and the next week is their game against the Lions, which could be a Super Bowl preview flying across the country. I just don't think that when you put the film on and you see Matt Stafford, No, you letdown.
Speaker 2: It's not so much a letdown spot as much as it's hard to play excellent every week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I like.
Speaker 2: And the Bills have what They've won seven straight that they play. They won their biggest game of the season.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they looked awesome and they you know, they are the toast of the NFL town this week.
Speaker 4: You love fading teams that become the toast of the NFL whenever that team is not the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Well, but by the way, the Chiefs don't cover when they're No.
Speaker 4: I get it. I think I'm saying. I think it's informed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I I just think that too often little Chiefs conversation for a moment. And this is the penalty, if you will, of being the dynasty. The Chiefs are discussed under the context of their worst or their potential issues. Every other team competing with them to be the best is only discussed under the context of their what they do well.
Speaker 4: This was the thing with Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Baltimore finally lost enough games people were like, Okay, maybe they're not a juggernaut. The Lions, there wasn't a mumbling word spent this week about they really almost blew that Bears game, Like nobody has been like what happened to the Lions.
Speaker 4: In the second half of that game. It took such a catastrophic collapse by the.
Speaker 2: Other team that they had to fire their car oh midseason for the first time ever. Yeah, and if that were the Chiefs in that spot, the narrative would have been, if Eberflus knows what he's doing, the Chiefs lose as opposed to kick a field goal to force overtime. So that's the So the Bills. The Bills are the team to beat the Chiefs. They are also the team that needed a sixty one yard field goal to beat the Dolphins a few weeks ago, you know what I mean, Like they are all So I just think I think that if I were giving Madden ratings to teams, I think that Buffalo is a ninety one and the Rams are in eighty four. And when you then incorporate the fact that this game is in Los Angeles, it means certainly more to the Rams, even it means something for Buffalo, and I'm getting four and a half points. I just like the Rams.
Speaker 4: So we have not been against each other yet, and you haven't hit on a game that I think I'm picking on the TV show tomorrow yet, So I'm kind of just kind of playing the little Devil's advocate for you on your picks here.
Speaker 2: All right, So this one, I'm I'm certain we're not going to be on the same side of I think there's a chance we're Apoh, it has been a long time since I bet the Chiefs. They are laying three and a half. Yeah, against the guy Danny Parkins believes is the third best player in the league.
Speaker 4: That's right. It was a rough game last week though, for that opinion, But go ahead.
Speaker 2: It's been a rough season for that opinion. It's been a rough season for the Justin Herberts the most. I mean, he's got a great offensive line, a great coach. I mean, he's averaging one touchdown in two hundred yards a game.
Speaker 4: They're focused on the running gameme, they're establishing a culture more than stats. They're winning more than last year. He's the only player in the NFL through eleven weeks to have a passer rating over ninety in every game.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, So okay, so what's there. What's their yards per play look like? With the Chargers, Well.
Speaker 4: They're focusing on grimy runs. I'm worried that Harbaugh is gonna just be too much. Him and Greg Roman are gonna take the ball out of Herbert's hands. It just focus on wins and stats for my guys. So my guy's gonna win a little bit, then he'll get back to the staff. So whatever, I want to be the guy who inducts him into Canton and justin.
Speaker 2: Herbert this year is eighteenth in the NFL and pass attempts right, and eighteenth in passing yards.
Speaker 4: That's not his.
Speaker 2: Coach, No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is he is.
Speaker 2: He is doing. He is has exactly as many yards as you would think he would have with that many pass attempts. That doesn't scream to me other worldly talent. But here's the listen, did you watch games with your eyes closed?
Speaker 4: But he tell you the guy is an other worldly physical talent. He just is.
Speaker 2: So here's the question I have for you and for other people, how deep into your NFL career. Does your NFL career outweigh your combined profile?
Speaker 4: This isn't a combine thing. If every quarterback in the NFL was a free agent and there was a draft tomorrow of the GMS, what pick in the draft do you think Justin Herbert is.
Speaker 2: Probably seventh or eighth?
Speaker 4: Okay, and I think he's probably fourth or fifth.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, you always I would take him third.
Speaker 4: I would, I would take him third, But I think that the league would take him fourth or fifth. And I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: The argument for Justin Herbert over Joe Burrow is Lamar Jackson. Now, oh, well, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think that Lamar Jackson wants that difficult Okay, well tell me. I don't think that Lamar like Lamar Jackson. So much of what he does and what makes him special is the mobility and the athleticism, which will be a declining, depreciating skill set over the course of his career. And so I believe that even though we are witnessing yet again another MVP caliber season, even though he will not win it from Lamar Jackson, and he helps the running game in a tremendous way, and Lamar Jackson is amazing. I do think that, Like, if I was going to bet on a guy's thirties, and now we see quarterbacks play into their late thirties or forties with a high degree of regularity. If I was going to bet on who is going to have the better thirties, Lamar Jackson or Justin Herbert, I would bet heavily on Justin Herbert.
Speaker 2: So the you you talked to, the things Lamar does great. Just remind me the thing just.
Speaker 4: Throws the ball, but so like and the the spiral, the arm talent where he puts the ball. Okay, man, this is situation.
Speaker 2: I've got one more thing that I.
Speaker 4: The Burrow argument is is tough to make because it can't be made better. Absolutely, if you gave me one head coach for Herbert's entire career, and you gave me Herbert and Jamar Chase and T Higgins, I would love to see what type of offensive success and Justin Herbert would have I do it. Became more physically talented than Joe Burrow, but Burrow has wanted a higher level with a better He's more.
Speaker 2: Accurate, and he has better numbers than all these better players.
Speaker 4: So the better players. Thing. I listened to you.
Speaker 2: Prior to this season multiple times, pick the Chargers to win or make the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: You obviously thought they had good rosters. Here's the question I would have, and I don't know the answer to this. And then Bosa gets hurt, and then James gets hurt. Yes, injuries happened in the NFL. Here's the question I would have, and I don't have the answer to this. I'm gonna look it up today. Do you think the Chargers are gonna win a playoff game this year? Probably not?
Speaker 4: Probably not, probably not.
Speaker 2: I just want to know who the all time legendary quarterback is other than Matthew Stafford, who went the first five seasons of his career without a playoff win.
Speaker 4: I think Peyton man No, he won one.
Speaker 2: The Peyton. Uh so Peyton. Let me pull it up, the Peyton Manning.
Speaker 4: Because he because he didn't go to the AFC Championship game until year six. So Peyton came in because I'll pull it up right now. Yeah, take Peyton Manning.
Speaker 2: Won two playoff games in he came in the league in ninety eight, No. Three, ninety eight, ninety nine, two thousand and one to two Okay, so next year will be your Yeah, next year Manning, Peyton Manning, and year six, thank you, had a playoff game where he had a perfect passer rating, five touchdowns, three hundred and seventy seven yard. Then the no punt game against the Chiefs was that game? And then and then they lost in the AFC Championship game. I said Stafford. Stafford did win a playoff game with Detroit, so I want to make sure I didn't short change stat Oh no, he didn't. He went to the playoffs three times with Detroit, never won a playoff game. So Stafford be the guy. And again I don't dislike Herbert now sounds like no.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 2: Some accountability needs to fall on him. And he has not played at the level you thought he was going to play at this year.
Speaker 4: He is not. He has not. Okay, let the guy throw and so the bring tea against the Chargers next year. And then you know what I'm gonna do preseason next.
Speaker 2: Year, buddy, they spind you pick him to win the Super Bowl is what you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Probably will probably, but listen.
Speaker 2: The short version of this is, I don't think the Chargers offense is gonna be able to move the ball because I think, uh, Trent mcduffy's gonna race Ladd McConkie, assuming lad plays and the Chiefs don't blow people out, but they can beat the Chargers by more than three and a half. And they especially with the Chargers or the Chiefs on extra rest for the first time in forever. So for all those reasons, my five picks green Bay plus three and a half, the Ions plus four and a half, the Titans minus three and a half, the Rams plus four and a half, and the Chiefs minus three and a half.
Speaker 4: You have green Bay plus three and a half.
Speaker 2: Do you want to reveal any of your TV picks for tomorrow? Is there one game?
Speaker 4: Is there any? How do you? How would I reveal one perfect? And then I have everyone else tune into parkts picks twenty seven and fifteen against the spread. I appreciate you letting me invite you myself on what's right to get a little bit of attention on how by the way, sometimes we go against each other and there's a little bit of an adversarial thing. We're one and two, buddy. I haven't seen a media member come out and say that they're picking so like because second to me is no Noah, and especially when I'm going to end up passing you.
Speaker 2: But that is correct. I do think Danny and I have the best and second best against the spread record for anybody that's picking games documented on TV every week.
Speaker 4: Okay, Atlanta plus five and a half against Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Wow, I almost made the Vikings one of my picks, So I'm interested in.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I think in general, we have a recency bias to a lot of things in life. And that game from Kirk Cousins was indefensible. It was atrocious. There is no defending how he played last week. But for a lot of this season, like he started very slow as he was working his way back. But then for a large chunk of the season, Atlanta was a top ten offense. And so I think that Minnesota their record got a ton of attention early and they deserved it because it was shocking. It was out of nowhere. Everyone picked them to be fourth in the NFC North and they beat good teams, so they deserved their all their hype at five and zero. But man, they have one score wins against the Jets, the Colts, the Cardinals, the Bears, and the Jags, and the Jags thank you, and I think that they were living on Brian Flores is blitzing. They blitz, they blitzed, they blitz, they blitzed, they blitz, and that allows for some feast or famine. And so the more that that gets put on film, the easier it is to game plan against. So when people were saying Penick should start this week, I immediately said, after the Foreig interception game, this isn't the spot to do that. Let Kirk Cousins go back to Minnesota. They're still a favorite to make the playoffs, they still could win the division, they still could have a home playoff game, And let the veteran quarterback who's seen every defense in the world play Brian Flores in his blitz scheme and see if he can go to Minnesota and pick that defense apart and recover from the Feig interception game. If he throws three picks gets sacked six times, then it's Michael Pennix and you move on. So I look at this as kind of a Kirk Cousins last stand, and five and a half points is too many for a team that is not at all winning in convincing fashion against bad teams.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's all sound that. The concern is that Kirk Cousins is cooked. Okay, he's going to get annihilated.
Speaker 4: That is that is definitely in play, and Atlanta has no pass rush of their own. So I think that both teams could score in that spot. But five and a half's a big number for Kirk Cousins in a Atlanta has no pass rush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would think the third most talented quarterback in the league might be able to carve him up last week instead of throwing for one sixty and zero touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Again, it was needing six, it was You would think it a great situation.
Speaker 2: You would think justin herber Wou'd be able to muster more than ten offensive points against that Falcon's past rush.
Speaker 4: Injuries, injuries, of course, the injuries. Injuries. All right.
Speaker 2: The only thing hotter than Danny's picks this year or Demands's teaser.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: He'll give his teaser and we'll.
Speaker 4: Do the offer.
Speaker 2: And this has been a long pot. Then we got to get out of here.
Speaker 4: That's next. Danny. Appreciate you, brother, Thanks sir.
Speaker 2: Check out breakfast Ball on FS one eight to ten am Eastern five to eight am Pacific. Very very quick break, come right, in fact, just stick around Danny fo Demonse's Demonse's teaser, and that way we don't have to recalibrate everything.
Speaker 4: Very quick break. Right back with Demanse, we'll track.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Right, Danny PARKINSTI by the show, Demonse. Sorry kicking you off that segment, but appreciate you you left cause I could still see your the where you're at your monitor, and the chair was empty for a bit. I thought you might have just left, and like, this is ridiculous. I'm out of here right there. I was still listening to see you guys. All right, So last week your teaser covered by twenty points both legs, basically, right. You had the Raiders getting twenty, they lost by two, so that covered by eighteen. You had the Steelers getting ten, they won by ten, right, so that they won by six, so they covered by sixteen.
Speaker 4: All right, what do you have for us this week?
Speaker 3: This week is a two team seven and a half point teaser at a minus won sixty three. Again, we're teasing Carolina up to plus twenty against her at Philly. And I'm also gonna tease up Chicago to eleven at San Francisco. Yeah, I mean, Philly is obviously dominant, but I trust the Panthers and Bryce Young. I think that he's he's been showing some stuff and I think that he can cover a twenty point spread against the Eagles and then the Bears. I honestly could see them winning that winning that game out right, So I trust them with the eleven points.
Speaker 4: That's the I worry a little bit about Philly's offense against that Panthers defense, that that could that could get out of hand. Panthers worst rush defense in the league. Yeah, that's part. But Bryce Young, I like the logic. Bryce Young looks good since he's been benched.
Speaker 3: He's playing for his job next year. I mean he's probably already got.
Speaker 2: I love the Chicago leg of it, so because I don't think the Niners can blow anyone out the way they are right now, and the Bears maybe the fired coach bump. So I usually give these teasers grades, Danny, since you're hero, I'll let you give it a grade.
Speaker 4: You go like eight eight, eight yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah great, that's how grades work. Uh yeah, So I'll say I'll say that's a that's a solid B plus. I like the Carolina and Chicago legs. Yeah, that's a B plus teaser. The eye seven and a half minus one sixty five is just a teaser that I would never make.
Speaker 2: But this has been his he's been doing the seven and a half's the whole year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was trying to team next year. We did like a five leg teaser last year.
Speaker 4: So I would I.
Speaker 2: Would recommend instead of adding a team, subtracting a point, there we go. Instead of going to UH three teamer, I would potentially go to a six and a half six, six and a half point teaser.
Speaker 4: All right, what's the offer this week? Demands?
Speaker 3: So, the offer that this week we're gonna go back to the touchdown Genie So and actually we're gonna start with tonight's game. Do you see anybody scoring?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 3: Is anybody you want to you want to pick up there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So here, Danny, there are the odds the for anytime touchdown score.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've already bet one. Josh Jacobs. Oh yeah, minus one fifty. I think I got minus one forty first thing this morning.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but so that's what I was I was thinking, Josh Jacobs anytime touchdown score minus one fifty. You don't love laying minus numbers obviously on touchdowns, but you got I.
Speaker 4: See, I don't. I don't mind that they're they're giving the guy twenty plus touches a game, like if if they get inside the five, you know he's gonna get multiple touches in that spot. So like I, I never fear laying a I mean, the guys he will score a touchdown to night. He will score a touchdown to night. So lay minus one fifty.
Speaker 2: That's fine, all right, We'll do minus one fifty, and then I'm gonna put little bonus just in honor of the tiny hands gimmick from this past from yesterday's show, a little tiny taste on Green Bay Defense Special Teams touchdown scorer at plus five point fifty and maybe an even smaller taste on Green Bay Defense Special Team's first touchdown scorer at thirty to one. So there it is, Danny, great job Banks. Now we'll get to some the save these some of these listener questions.
Speaker 4: We'll do them at the end of Tuesday show.
Speaker 2: We got a run. I'm gonna be late for TV check out breakfast Ball in the morning, we're gonna have Demonsy's gonna his teaser. I'm gonna have another four in one week. Danny's gonna go one and two on TV with the one being the one that he agreed with me on and I'm gonna pass him in the standings and again fair sports media awful announcing the puck the guys at the post. Anybody, somebody write an article about the two best football gambling pickers being two guys who have known each other for twenty years, went to college together, did radio together in Kansas City, now do TV together. At FS one, we're combined fifty thirty and one against the spread. We actually beat a D thirty and one against the spread. Where's the media covered? Hey, folks, steven A's contract, that beat is covered, like that ground has been covered. What you know, I'm just letting you know. And you know what's also been covered. Yeah, Dana Rolofsky's silly little VR tool. Everyone, it's the greatest thing I've ever seen in the media. Give me a break, Like somebody talk, we're making people money.
Speaker 4: See you guys on TV later. What's right? Hey? Thanks for watching?
Speaker 2: If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget we're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get to Monday, another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys,