Speaker 1: Can ninety nine percent of plumbing problems be solved with a plunger? No, okay, you got a plunger? No, I don't think I do either.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't have a plunger. You guys got plungers? Yep, yes, Huh Pasha Pasha Shows Show. Welcome to todh show with me as always Eddie. How you doing, Eddie?
Speaker 3: I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: You're working on any new songs? No, Eddie, you're always working on a song. Here this with some of your your new material. Go ahead, some sing sing us a new song.
Speaker 3: Why be a biter? Just be a pincher. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what, because pinching is a way to make friends.
Speaker 1: Okay says that is a good song.
Speaker 2: It's for kids.
Speaker 1: You know what you are? You're like like that Wayne Brady. You're like you're like a nice Wayne Brady. Uh, it's funny. All right, Well we got a great show today. Uh minus the first part of the show where I get some feedback from some of the commenters. This always puts me in a swell mood.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of comments people not knowing what a lettuce trim is huh.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's not like an urban dictionary thing. But as it's been told to me over the years, it's it was just a U. It's a slang term for a cosmetic surgery where some women's uh, you know, labia flap and hang low a little bit and they cut it back, you know. And so instead of instead of this, it's it's more more like this.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: From the fire Festival episode, how about I buy a condo for six hundred K and spend the other four hundred k going to normal, amazing music festivals for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many million dollar tickets he's going to sell, but I mean, he seems he seems like he's got good intentions.
Speaker 4: Daniel continues to dress to the nines. I need to know, are you wearing a T shirt under these sweaters? Or is this sweater on skin?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Look, this is a it's it's all about the nip. If my nipple shows through the sweater, I wear an undershirt. If it doesn't, then I go.
Speaker 4: Bear back from the fire Festival episode, when Billy got out, he celebrated a shrimp. This says, I'm a seafood industry expert fifteen years dealing especially with wild salmon and Costco.
Speaker 3: Sakey salmon is number one, and I know why.
Speaker 1: You picked that. You're trying to justify it is good saying why you buy seafood from Costco. There you have it, folks, that's from an.
Speaker 4: Expert comments on your TV show Hijacked. I've been an airline pilot for thirty plus years. I've never carried a metal thermos with me to work or known anyone who has. Is that for lunch and break room with a pack of SIGs.
Speaker 1: Thirty years plus. This guy's been in the cockpit, never once had a metal thermos, just in case he needed to bash his co pilot within an inch of her life.
Speaker 4: This is from the George Former episode when did the full disclosure that his wife was white. Such a beta move to have to clarify that George's wife is white, and then he wasn't trying to perpetuate a stereotype that all black people are late to everything even if his wife was black.
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 4: Tosh must have had his testicles removed by Hollywood when he moved there you done.
Speaker 1: I know there was a lot of people that wrote stuff like this, and I hope all of them are listening right now, Okay, because I don't like to do this. I don't like to explain to you why I'm better at comedy than you are, Okay, but I'm going to. I'm gonna have to show you how the sausage is made, because first of all, let's be clear, I don't give a fuck about making a shitty joke about black people being late, Okay, And how I know that you don't get what I did is by people commenting like that. The reason I put that full disclosure comment in is because the next story that I told in the interview was about when I messed with his wife at a playground and said it was the kid that looks like George Foreman. And if you didn't know that she was white before that story, and you thought maybe she was black, then it's not a funny thing to say the kid that looks like George Foreman. When the guy responded, oh is she black? Do you understand? So you needed to know that she was white before that. But I couldn't just write on the screen, by the way, George's wife is white because a majority of our listeners YouTube, I know, you might not want to hear this. Are still only listening to this in audio form, so it would be lost. So I had to make this little thing in front of it because I'm like, oh shit, I forgot to say that is what wife was white in any way to make this story make sense about teasing this guy that was trying to figure out which kid was his. Okay, I don't know if that made sense to you or not. And then in doing that little full disclosure, I tried to put jokes in there by saying, you know, white is the absence of color, which, by the way, people, technically that's not true. It is true. Black is the absence of light, not color. I don't even want to go into it with those fucking idiots. But and then I also got to do a dig at making fun of Cubans for always being late. Again, I'm just layering comedy in there to set up another joke down the road where you needed this information. Also, I got to make fun one of the fact that his wife swears all the time, which I forgot to do in the interview because everyone thinks she's a saint, So that was also a part of it. It's exhausting, have some compassion, you know, I was born fully libed hearted. Okay, you chose to be a magai.
Speaker 4: Ref growing up listening to focus on the family sermons as wild, especially how Tosh was able to leave all that heavy conservatism behind, because that's not just regular conservatism, that's conservatism on crack.
Speaker 1: See. I've been on both sides of it my whole life. Can't we all just wash each other's feet? Hmm ah, that'd be a good ad campaign, you know, putting our differences aside, but just washing each other's feet. Somebody should make that something.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of discussion on why you want to protect women's reproductive rights.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: Classic using the underage rape example.
Speaker 4: Lol. Rape account for one percent of all abortions one percent, so GTFO using that straw man bs, and only two percent are from medical emergencies. Over ninety five percent of abortions are completely voluntary from people who made a choice to have unprotected sex or sex out of marriage, people who did those things without any intention of having a child. Those people are murderers.
Speaker 1: I respect your opinion because you believe they're murdering babies, and I don't believe that. And let's say that your stats are right, there's only one percent. I mean, I'm not even gonna argue the fact that in stual rape is the least reported. But let's say the number is way less. Let's say it's only happened one time. If you're telling me you're okay with killing that baby, then your argument loses a little credibility because I'm okay with it at any stage. I don't believe it's murderer. I do want to thank you for commenting, because everybody who comments, you know, it adds to the popularity of the videos and ultimately leads to more proper And I want you to know that I am taking some of the money from ad revenue and using it to donate to abortion clinics and to pay for abortions. So therefore, everyone who has commented or watched a video of mine, you technically, by definition, are an accessory to murder. All right, Now, that's probably gonna affect some sponsorships, but I want you to know that that technically, in Alabama right now, you would serve fifteen years in prison. And when you pass away and get up those pearly gates on judgment day, you will be turned away. I'm sorry, those are the rules, all right? What any moore Eddie?
Speaker 3: We got one more?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a comment about your son's bedtime stories. For a story about helicopters, he sure did focus a lot on the boat.
Speaker 1: My son catching strays. I mean, you're critiquing a three year old's stories. All right, let's get today's interview. Today's guest is a plumber, but he's not my plumber. I'll be honest, I considered interviewing my plumber, but I'm I'm just pretty sure he wouldn't be the right fit for this format. One time I was talking to him, he was trying to fix something on my toilet. He's just leaning on the open The lid's open, but the part that my butt sits on every day, he's just leaning on it. Sitting on the floor talking to me and like we're talking for way too long for him to just still just be leaning. And then mid conversation goes, you got heated seats, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, I do, I've got heated seats all right. By the way, today's podcast, you might have noticed the video quality is being broadcasting four K and that's that's awesome, But we are experiencing a few audio difficulties. So we've gotten the visual element up, but the audio element occasionally is going to sound like utter shit. But you know, growing pains. Huh. Enjoy, Pasha, My guest today has seen some shit. Now I will be focusing ninety percent of my questions on shit because I'm sure as shit not going to trade school. Please welcome Jimmy the Plumber. Jimmy, thank you for being here, Thank you for having me. My first question, Jimmy that I ask all my guests. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: No? Really?
Speaker 1: All right, Jimmy. How long have you been a plumber?
Speaker 2: About fourteen years?
Speaker 1: Fourteen years?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you always want to be a plumber?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: Did you come from a long line of plumbers?
Speaker 2: Nope? Not at all.
Speaker 1: Jimmy, you pee in the shower?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, who doesn't.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't know it doesn't I do. It's okay to write, it's it's okay for the plumb. That water that's all going to a gray all right, okay, it's good for you. Like a shower?
Speaker 2: You prefer bath shower cold showers?
Speaker 1: Do you like a cold shower?
Speaker 2: Showers.
Speaker 1: You're nuts.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't do a hell water.
Speaker 1: You don't use hot water, Jimmy, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard. What are you telling you?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the best for your for you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I'm trusting me for you. I believe you. But but it doesn't feel good.
Speaker 2: Well the first the first few they see it is gonna it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. And then you get used to it.
Speaker 2: You get used to it, You get used to it jumping. You know, cold.
Speaker 1: Showers, how long do you shower for?
Speaker 2: Like five minutes?
Speaker 1: Okay, see I like the shower for a good fifty five minutes. Get out of here, Like I like a nice hot shower. You're a kid, so you always do cold showers.
Speaker 2: So you like all the steam coming out steam.
Speaker 1: I like to brush my teeth in there too, with hot water. My wife takes a shower and she has water so hot, and I don't even believe that she's touching the water or it's not even hitting her. She just kind of moves back and forth. Unlet's just like hit her hands in front of her. She's like, what do you do? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Where are you originally from from Garland, Texas?
Speaker 1: You like Texas?
Speaker 2: I like it?
Speaker 1: I like it? Now you like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: California is right? So are you everybody wants to live California?
Speaker 1: Are you one of these people that wants to jump ship, leave California and go back to Texas?
Speaker 2: I have family out there. Most of my family is in Texas.
Speaker 1: So do you think you're gonna end up back in Texas? I don't know. Don't wantase California, Jammy, that's that's not what you do.
Speaker 2: Okay? Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you married?
Speaker 2: Legally married?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you legally married? You're not married, but you have a serious relationship?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, I want to get into legality. How'd you get into being a plumber?
Speaker 2: Basically? You know, I was between you know, going to college. I went to college and back and forth doing you know, part time jobs.
Speaker 1: Why were you going to college just.
Speaker 2: To make my family happy?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: You felt obligated?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, basically my parents that are like, oh, you got to go to college. You gotta you know, you gotta finish school, you gotta do something. And that was the reason I was going. But you know, I will go to college. I would just take general classes and some dumb classes as well.
Speaker 1: Sure I took I took team sports and my team sports class, Dante Culpepper was in there and we played dodgeball one day and it was very scary. I get in trouble for this sometimes where I say people shouldn't go to college, and I don't really mean it, but I do think if you know what you want to do in life and you don't need college, like, don't don't saddle yourself with debt going to college exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, I was going to college with part time jobs, you know, doing I was as a clerk for a bank.
Speaker 1: All right, for you were a banker, and being a banker is so boring that you're like, I would much rather be you know.
Speaker 2: You know what I hate about the thing what I was having a partner job is one of those locations in the middle of nowhere you get like, you know, three or four clients an hour. Probably I was the only a male clerk in the mank. The rest all girls.
Speaker 1: That's nice, it's nice, but okay, you.
Speaker 2: Know, here's the thing. They're in the own little world, you know, talking about their stuff. Sure, and I'm here, you know, just sitting there waiting for my client to show up. Since the old female, they will get all the clients, so would just sit there. It was, you know, boring.
Speaker 1: My My father in law is a banker and he just loves to talk about it, acts like it's the most exciting thing in the world. And I just stare at him. So you dropped out of college to be a plumber?
Speaker 2: Basically? Yeah. So, like I said, I was going to college. I didn't know what to do with my life. You know, I was parrying college working. Finally this family party, my brother in law at the time, you know, he came up to me. He's like, hey, you know, do you know do you know any anybody wants to work plumbing? I'm like, yeah, I can probably ask a couple of friends, you know. And then he goes like, yeah, you know, the pay is good, the minimum which was you know, they were paying like like four or five dollars more than the minimum wage. Okay, you don't have to know anything. You know, had to have tools. I was thinking about it, like I said, I was. I was in the bank. So I spoke to my manager at that time. You know in the bank, I'm like, hey, you know what, I need a week you know, I'm having you know, some finals and going.
Speaker 1: On okaye the line, yeah right, normal, right, Sure, you're double dipping. You're still getting paid by the bank, but you're gonna go check out. See if you want to be a plumber. You don't want to. I get it. Listen, it makes complete sense, all right. And so you agreed that, hey, this is this is a good switch. I'm done. I'm going to do this for a living.
Speaker 2: So I asked for a week off. I called my my brother in law and like, hey, you know what, I want to give it a try. And he's like you sure, yeah, And he's like it's it's you know, it's pretty tough to to you know what you're going to do.
Speaker 1: Why is he trying to like get you to not do it? When he first asked you to do.
Speaker 2: It, well, he asked me if I knew anybody, Oh, he didn't want it to be you.
Speaker 1: I guess you know what it was was your parents upset that you dropped out of college.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you're like Mark Zuckerberg, except with toilets. Mark zucker dropped out. Just do the Facebook, whatever that stuff. I like that, I said, the Facebook, I remember. And then how long until you opened your own company?
Speaker 2: I will say maybe six seven years?
Speaker 1: And has it been easy starting your own company? Or was it? Was it difficult?
Speaker 2: I got my license and then I knew this friend, right, he's been doing plumbing forever. So I came up to him. I'm like, hey, you know what, I have a license. Now you had a client. What do you say if we partnership? And then he's like, you know what, Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's do it right away. From the get go, I had clients and I was working with you know, like city jobs pretty much, you know, so it was pretty good, you know, like I didn't struggle at the beginning, like after we split it. I was with him for about two years. And then after we split, you know, because obviously you know, after two thousand and a, everything you know, slowed down.
Speaker 1: The big recession two thousand and eight slowed everything's down. Yeah, how long is the school to get your license? How long does that take?
Speaker 2: Depends on it individual.
Speaker 1: You know, how long did you get How long did it take you to do it?
Speaker 2: I mean it took me maybe like three months.
Speaker 1: Tell me if I'm wrong. Basically, everything just has to angle down. It's just about an angle. You just need to slow it is. That's all plumbing is, start at one height and make it go down.
Speaker 2: Ship has to go down, Shit has to go down.
Speaker 1: How many different types of plumbers are there?
Speaker 2: So you have basically it's different branches, I will say. So they have the service plumbers.
Speaker 1: You don't about the Rotor Ruter Fox.
Speaker 2: That's a different brand.
Speaker 1: Do you like rot You like Rotor Ruter or No? They get any good? Should we not be calling Rotter River?
Speaker 2: No? Well, here's the thing, Rotor, it's it's it's a big company, right, sure, So it depends what area are you in. But I know some guys that they do some treaky things.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you answer me. Have you you've done plumbing in a high rise before?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sorry, here's what I want to know. There's just toilets all the way up into the sky and and and there's just one It just goes to one big line. And these turns are taking two hand foot dives exactly. They are well literally yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But most of the time you have they call it vertical risers, and those are you know, obviously you're talking about ten inch twelve inch pipes that all the drain.
Speaker 1: Will still that.
Speaker 2: It will be tough. Yeah, trust me.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah.
Speaker 2: He goes, you know, horizontal, ground level, horizontal, and then he dives into the vertical risers.
Speaker 1: What about the water pressure?
Speaker 2: They have it all usually most of the most of the buildings, they have a split system which goes from the basement ground level to the I would say maybe the third or four floor, which is CD pressure. Then from the fifth to whatever floor it goes with a pump. So you pump all the water into tanks up in the roof, and then you let gravity do its job.
Speaker 1: In hot water too, because this is like some of these high rises there's furnaces on every floor. Is that what's going on?
Speaker 2: No? No, No, you have a big, a big tank up in the roof.
Speaker 1: How much does that tank hold?
Speaker 2: Was? Maybe like five thousand and six thousand gallons of water?
Speaker 1: It confuses me so much. Is fixing plumbing problems in high rises? Is that harder than like homes or.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually easier. It's just that you have to deal with the fact that when you're doing that repair, you have to shut down the entire floor, so you have to deal with people.
Speaker 1: You know. Okay, my wife, her hair possibly clogs every drain in the house at some point. I don't know where it's coming from. I don't know why it's in the kitchen sink.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. We all complain about women's you know, being the ones, but we all lose hair obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but our hair is short.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still I think showers are the worst when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: Well, she does this thing where she she sticks all of her hair that's loose on the wall, and then you know, does the thing where she you know, then she can take it all out. But the thing is, she fucking never does it's all. Then I go into the shower and I see this big dry hair ball on the side of the shower and eventually it falls in. All right, But but hair is a real problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, here's the thing. It's one of one of the easiest problems to fix pretty much.
Speaker 1: What about what about a liquid DRAINO should we ever use that stuff?
Speaker 2: Showers? Yes, not on the sinks. Don't use liquid drain or toilets or toilets now, because liquid drain is basically a chemical to burn the hair. So if you put it in your toilet or on your sink, you're just gonna get a messy clock.
Speaker 1: Can ninety nine percent of plumbing problems be solved with a plunger? No, you got a plunger?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think I do either.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't have a plunger. You guys got plungers? Yep, yes, huh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean they sell like some nice ones that.
Speaker 1: They still they still when you pull them out. Where do you clean a plunger.
Speaker 2: On your buyers?
Speaker 1: Right, that's the right answer. You should do it in your backyard with a hose. But no, what does everybody do? They take it out, It drips everywhere, and they put it in their bathtub. That's disgusting. What's your stance on wet wipes butt wipes? Flushing them? Can not even though they say flushable now, no, you cannot flush them all. Right, here's my routine. Okay, I think you'll approve of it. It's a little disgusting. But I use wet wipes, okay, but I don't flush them. I don't use any toilet paper. I've got the toilet I've got in my room, in my bedroom, the only toilet in the house, the fancy toilet with the bidet and everything. So it cleans me. Then I use a wet wipe, but the wet since I'm already clean, the wet wipe is just an extra layer of clean. This then I throw it in the trash, so I'm flushing nothing. You flush the toilet at night when you go to the bathroom if you pee. I don't. It's too loud. It wakes me up. I don't flush at night anyway. So I got a fancy toilet. I was like, this is going to be my gift to myself and my home, a fancy toilet. But the first one that we got, and they're expensive, those toilets, those fancy toilets are really expended. Do you spend ten grand on a toilet. That's crazy anyway. So the first one that we bought was one of those modern ones that goes into the wall, not down a wall mount, which is nice because you get to clean the floor underneath your toilet. It's cleaner. But here was the problem. Mount one, and they're so all low flow. Now there's not much water. Every time you took a shit no matter what kind. It left a huge streak on the bottom because it's like a hard ninety hear. And then we read the reviews of the toilet after we've already installed it, and they're like, yes, it it leaves poop stains. My wife said, we can't have this. I go, but it cost seventy five hundred dollars. She said, we can't have it. I can't have poop stains every time I go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: So you keep flushing and flushing and he doesn't go.
Speaker 1: So I paid to have it taken out. Put another expensive toilet, but a one that goes straight down in lesson learned Lesson learned on that toilet. The average man in their lifetime, if they live to be seventy five years old, we'll spend six years sitting on toilet. It now, I made it up.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: It My point is, have a good seat. Talk about some of the disasters that you've walked into.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you if that comes as a disaster. I walk into an adult film set by mistake.
Speaker 1: By mistake, they didn't have any plumbing problems.
Speaker 2: No, I was there to to to just do a walk.
Speaker 1: To lay some pipe.
Speaker 2: But I didn't. I didn't know that that that was happening at the moment.
Speaker 1: You know, that's funny. Did you did you watch at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's great. Was the story good or no?
Speaker 2: Well I didn't. I didn't stick for that all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I rarely make it anything.
Speaker 2: I'm walking almost at the climax. At the climax.
Speaker 1: That's good timing Mario or Luigi? Which one? Okay, should we be drinking tap water?
Speaker 2: No, not at all?
Speaker 1: You serious? I drink tap water every day, especially for my pills, and I put my mouth underneath it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I will say, maybe like sixty five percent of the water that you're getting on the fosse is recycled, so unless you leave in one of those places that is still get it, you know, from fresh.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I do.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you're drinking recycle pool water.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's got to have some benefits.
Speaker 2: Now. Oh yeah, Hey, I.
Speaker 1: The fear people have of a snake, an actual real snake coming up a toilet, is that real?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've always worried about it.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you can get older, you know, you can get cockroaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the toilet coming up. Yeah, yeah, I don't know if I've ever seen that.
Speaker 2: They can survive, they can swim.
Speaker 1: Oh man, all right, upper decker?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: An upper decker is that's when you poop into the top of the tank of someone's toilet at their house. You do it during a party. It's fun, and then when they flush, brown water comes out. Have you ever seen an upper decker?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, is there a busy season for plumbers?
Speaker 2: Oh? Not really?
Speaker 1: I mean I was thinking like after the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Well you know what? Actually, actually no, actually Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving that's a big meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always get the calls.
Speaker 1: You get the calls because everybody's family's there. People are using their toilets way more than they normally.
Speaker 2: Normal, and and shit happens.
Speaker 1: How long do you wash your hands at the end of the day? Hello, yeah, how long do you wash them?
Speaker 2: Like? A minute? All right, listen a minute?
Speaker 1: All right? You're not worried or like, oh man, I.
Speaker 2: Always wear latest gloves. You wear gloves, yeah all the time.
Speaker 1: You ever ever been hit on by one of your customers? Somebody comes to your house and then all of a sudden, uh oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh uh it was an old lady.
Speaker 1: How old?
Speaker 2: Well at that time I was in my meet twenties, so was probably, like I was saying, like forties, early forties.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So did you make it happen?
Speaker 2: She wasn't that attractive? Okay? You know all right?
Speaker 1: What makes a good or bad customer?
Speaker 2: How long did it take to pay?
Speaker 1: Talk some shit about John? You did you do the plumbing for this place?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Does he did he? What did he treat you fair?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did he pay you on time?
Speaker 2: No? That is.
Speaker 1: This thing up to code?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Now if somebody wants you to do something that's not up to code, like like you know you can't even get shower heads in this state. That yeah, that will actually the water come out.
Speaker 2: More than whatever the stay requires, right right. It's like when you order something from online and you see these nice face that you like, m hmm, but when you when you put on your car and it says, uh no, it cannot be shipped to this location because California. Right. So what I you know, have my customers do is like when they want something like that, it's like, you know, just order out of state or you know some you know out of California, and then so help bring it over.
Speaker 1: Even if I drill drill it out some of the pipes and take out the water savory, it's still there's just not enough water pressure coming to the house for it to ever change. And I feel, here's my argument. I'm all for saving water, and I do my part. Here's how I do my part. I shower with my wife and my two kids all at the same time. So that's four people getting clean. I should be allowed to have water hitting as harder. Right, that's my logic. But you're saying the only workaround is like you got to go out of state and you got to buy your fixtures, but that still doesn't affect.
Speaker 2: Well, that's if if if you have like a low consumption whatever you know, faucet mm hm, and you want to get more water. Yeah, but but you know, in your case, it sounds like the plumbing, the plumbing in the wall, it's probably undersize or it's old galvan ice and it's all rusted out, you know.
Speaker 1: So no, no, it's not rusted out. This is all new. This is new. But but a lot of the plumbing, the size and because it's for them to sign off on it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then there's then there's like a is there like a bar inside the pipe?
Speaker 2: A restricter?
Speaker 1: Huh, the whole way through all the pipes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty much what a favorite thing from California a witch.
Speaker 1: They don't have that in Texas.
Speaker 2: They don't know, they don't care, just.
Speaker 1: Taking taking nice showers in Texas. Do you have any celebrity clients you ever deal with people? You're like, Oh, I know who this person is?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Now are there are there ships different than ours? Are they? Is it all the same? M hm? What what race of people has the worst smelling ships? Go ahead, I don't know. No, you ever meet Andy Gump? You know who he is? Do you know?
Speaker 2: And I know that company right, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is there a person is Andy Gump? A person could be What are your thoughts on those? On those work site? Porta potty is just the worst place.
Speaker 2: In the world, or yeah, they're they're disgusting.
Speaker 1: Well, here let me tell you something. As I have a sensitive stomach, so I was recently working. I was in South Carolina. I was pushing It was late at night and I was pushing my daughter in a stroller trying to get back to my hotel. My stomach was upset and I wasn't gonna make it. So here's what I did. I pushed my daughter right up next to the chain link fence at a construction site, jumped the fence and went and used the porta potty and just hoped that no one took my daughter because it went fine okay, But but I had to as someone with a bad stomach, I know I always might, Oh there's a construction site.
Speaker 2: Well here's here's the thing. Though, now nine days what they're doing is they're putting locks on those things. I know, I know when everybody leaves, they lock those things and.
Speaker 1: Get You know what I do if it's locked in that scenario, I shove it over, tip it over, and ship on top of it, just to let them know that they are awful. Now, when people are on my show, I always give them a gift from my house. I just give something from my house. And I was like, oh, what can I give Jimmy the plumber? And then I thought about it. I was like, oh, this is perfect. You worried or no, it's never It's pretty. I figured I go he's from Texas, I go, and plumber's crack. I don't ever want to I don't want him to have it. So I got some of my old belts that that I had that have the text right, Nice, I said, I I go, there's a perfect gift for Jimmy. Couple old leather belts with a big old Texas longhorned belt buckle.
Speaker 2: Nice, thank you.
Speaker 1: I know that those things were gifts to me from somebody. I was like, yeah, I don't. I don't ever dress like this. All right, put that on the floor that that's what's your waist.
Speaker 2: Size thirty six? That'd be fine.
Speaker 1: Plumbers crack? Where did that stereotype come from?
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 1: Are you self conscious and always make sure that your pants are up?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah? Always? Okay, have you seen some some plumbers crack here and there?
Speaker 1: Sure you have the term white mice? You know what that is? Right? You don't know the term white mice is in the plumbers world. And then a woman's tampon that clogs up the toilet. Oh you've heard it.
Speaker 2: Well, I never heard of the white mice.
Speaker 1: Okay, have you have you found those?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: What's the worst thing you've seen people flush in the.
Speaker 2: Toilets uh, sex toys?
Speaker 1: Was it on purpose or did it fall out?
Speaker 2: Maybe a mistake and just you know, went down. I want to pick it up.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta flush of sex toy? How far can you actually snake a drain or a toilet? How far can you actually go?
Speaker 2: You know it depends without removing the toilet? Six feet?
Speaker 1: That's it? What about talk about roots? Tree roots? And is that just a nightmare? What do I gotta do?
Speaker 2: If you sewer outside? Is clay pipe?
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 2: It's an I got you have to get rid of the clay.
Speaker 1: I'm not I just keep paying to have the roots cleaned out because it's.
Speaker 2: The jedal right, yeah yeah, Unfortunately, you can't do nothing about it unless you replace it.
Speaker 1: All right, I got to replace it. What's the biggest funk up you've ever done?
Speaker 2: That was back when I was working for a company at the union. You had to do uh they call it a brace shuddering, which you used, you know, like a torch, you know, the torch they use for t welt stuff and melt things. The guy who was my you know, my foreman, He's like, oh you know what, you know, you want to learn how to do this? I'm not sure. And he's like, okay, so this is how you mix you know that the oxygen and nitrogen to get you know, the perfect flame so you can brace the copper. So he's you know, he started showing me, you know, you mix it this way, and okay, fine, we shut up this day. I think he was off today. They send somebody else with me, you know, because usually usually when you're working on those companies, you work you know, with a partner. So they send this other guy and he's like, oh, you know, what are we doing today. I'm like, well, we're going to keep raising you know this these copper pipes, right, and he's like, you know how to do that? I'm like, oh, yeah, I know, you know. So I grab this tea we're talking about, you know, at that time, this is back in two thousand and five and six. At that time, that tea was worth almost three grands the copper tea, coppery, yeah, ten inch, ten inch copper tea. So I grabbed the thing, you know, put it all together, put it on the table, started working on it. This guy is watching me thinking that I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: You've heard about it.
Speaker 2: At least I put a hole into the tea. So is that done? Done? It's done done. You can't do nothing. So that goes to the trash well recycled, recycle.
Speaker 1: It goes back your car.
Speaker 2: So so I'm like and he looks at me. He's like, oh, I tell you you knew what you were doing. Like, uh oops, So what do we do now, Well, let's just pretend that never happened, cut it, put it in the back of my truck, and then we told the supervisor, oh, we need this tea and he's like, whoa, I order it. You know it's it's in the in the box in the job box. Oh we can find it. Oh no, So it was a it was a you know, expensive fuck up.
Speaker 1: Well, right, but it didn't cost you any.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and then I actually took it back to a recycled place and I get some money out of it.
Speaker 1: Jimmy, that's not the right thing to do. Would you consider yourself a reputable do you like, make sure you know you talked about the road up people Sometimes they take advantage of people. Do you ever take advantage of customers or try to upsell them? Or do you just be like here, this is this is what you need, this is what you get.
Speaker 2: You know. I think the reason that I kept myself busy until this time, you know, and I'm always busy. I never advertised, never done any advertising. No, everything is being warm mouthed.
Speaker 1: And you didn't mention that story about you know, costing that one client ten thousand dollars with that tea.
Speaker 2: No, No, that was that company that used to work for. I know.
Speaker 1: I mean this, you were a young buck and you're allowed. You're allowed one of those per career.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing I've been trying to always even even some of my guys, you know, like I had this guy working for me one time and he's like, Jimmy, what do you do? This is so perfect? Not perfect, but you know what do you make it look so nice? I mean, the client is not gonna it's not gonna see it. It's gonna be inside the insulation in the walls. I'm like, don't worry, just do it because I like to, you know, keep it symmetrical, keep it nice looking. You know, I don't want to all messy.
Speaker 1: You need an honest person.
Speaker 2: That's how I being keeping my business.
Speaker 1: You know, do you hate the fact that you know how to fix stuff all the time? Like do your neighbors come over and go hey, man?
Speaker 2: Uh, here's the funny thing, like when you know, once I go home, I don't want to do anything. Even if there's a leaky fact in the house, I don't touch it if my neighbor, if my neighbor comes out. I actually had this old lady. She she's she's really nice. She's she lives by herself. She came out the other day. I was I was pulling the trash cans ole and she came out and she said, oh, Jamie, how are you. I want to I want to ask you for a favor. I'm like, well, what happened?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because I ordered this stove from home depot and uh they I told, you know, the deliric guy. Oh you know, I was gonna pay him, you know, to install it for me to connect the gas line. But he didn't because he said I didn't have the right connection.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a real favor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in my head, right, I'm like, oh, but you know, it's just an older lady by herself. Okay. So I went I went up and whatever connection she had. It was that it was the right one. It just happened to whoever showed up. They didn't care. You just wanted to, you know, drop off the box and leave. That's as much as I do, you know, with my neighbors and stuff like that. But you know, I don't want to know anything about plumbing.
Speaker 1: What's it. I'll do some advertising for you. I'll give you free advertiser on this show. What what's the name of your company?
Speaker 2: You see Flow Plumbing Services, Easy.
Speaker 1: Flow Plumbing Services. I just rolls off the tongue. Did you have sex with your neighbor when you went over there to install the stove? Now, okay, that's what I think of plumbing. I think the plumbers are just having sex with everybody. I had a pipe. It was running across my bedroom and it was it had permanent hot water going through it, like real hot water. That and it had one of the welds or whatever, one of the seals. It had a leak, but a pinhole. But it was so the water was so hot that when it dripped it it didn't drip, it evaporated. It evaporated. So for like three years it was evaporate. But when it hit the dry wall below it. It turned back to water so like you couldn't see where the drip was coming from until about three years later where I put my hand on the wall and my hands went right through the wall.
Speaker 2: He didn't call me, No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I used I used my guy, Barry, you know Berry. No, it's not as small, not as small of the circle as I thought it was.
Speaker 2: No, there's tons of towns plumbers on there.
Speaker 1: No, I know Barry. Barry's the guy that just leans on my toilet and goes. You got a heated toilet. See you got graphics on the side of your truck. No, No, you don't want anybody to call you ever.
Speaker 2: I used to. I used to, But what happened is that with Dad, what you're doing is you creating tief to pretty much follow you and then steal your crap. Because I have my vent stolen a couple of times. So now I don't do it. Like I said, I don't do any advertising.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to advertise for you or no?
Speaker 2: Not really? Yeah, that's funny, all right.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you taking time out, Jimmy. Thank you for your hard work, and thank you for having me I'll see you around. That's a soft hand, strong.
Speaker 2: Pasha.
Speaker 1: That does it, Carl. Another one's in the books. I want to thank Jimmy the Plumber for being on the show and doing all the plumbing in our studio here. Haven't had a single problem. There's a good guy. I'd give him a plug, but he says he doesn't want him. Fine, speaking of plugs, I uh, you see this, guys. This is a boys Wear pinktote from Boyswearpink dot com. Okay, let me tell you some of this tote. This tote goes for twelve dollars. But if you order something on the website, it'll ask you when you're checking out, do you want to add a tote? Listen, Carl, for only an extra five dollars? Right, Okay. Well, the other day, and I'm gonna call her out, we get an order from Lori in Connecticut and she just got a tote for five dollars. I'm like, how'd she beat the system? It looks like what she did she put in her cart something and then she deleted the main thing and it just kept the five dollars tote in there and it didn't go back to the twelve dollars price, But now she had to pay for shipping. But still Laurie got a tote without purchasing anything else for five dollars. You believe that she beat the system. I'm not gonna fix it either. Now I'm encouraging people, Carl, you don't find this fascinating that somebody figured out a way to get toats for just five dollars when they were originally twelve dollars. That's a pretty cool workaround, all right, you win that round, Laurie. What else is going on? The goat on Amazon? Check that out? My tour, check out our dates, buy tickets go on now before we go, a bedtime story from my once three year old son.
Speaker 5: See you next week, room ballad mounting shan't outside you now they little popped into a gig trip.
Speaker 1: You already told the story of popsicles. I don't want to hear it anymore. Tell me a new story.
Speaker 5: Once upon a time a wabbits went to the end.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is insane.