Speaker 1: What's that ad?
Speaker 2: It's spooky jooky.
Speaker 1: I'm reretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, I'm goosted.
Speaker 1: I days.
Speaker 4: Pa, Hey boo, it's me Roz. We got some return favorites on the pod today.
Speaker 5: I don't know when it was.
Speaker 1: At some point, was it two years ago, was it one year ago, I'm not sure, but at some point I had on Vanessa and Michael from the podcast I'm Not Busy, and people loved them. They're so funny. I'm obsessed with them. You should go listen to their podcast. I actually did an episode. They don't often have guests, but one time I was on their podcast and we just we laughed so much together. And they're just such good energy, both of them. I just really I really like them, and go back and listen when they were on this show, because on that when they share their experiences and their stories and their beliefs and all of that. And today we're doing more the newer format that I've been doing a lot lately, and we're going to be looking into the Battersea Poultergeist, which is a famous Poultergeist case that I knew a bit about. There's a really successful podcast that covered it, and I just learned that it's going to be a TV show. I believe, a scripted TV show that's based on it, produced by Blumhouse that will be on Peacock, So look out for that. But Michael and Vanessa, they're so funny. Michael I've met through listen to their podcast, Michael's Besties with Vanessa, and I've known Vanessa for a couple of years. We used to do shows together and she uh oh, she's been blowing up. She was named one of Variety's Comedians to Watch of twenty twenty two. She's also been opening for Chelsea Handler, touring around doing that. And the two of them together are Michael and Vanessa. They're they're just they're so great. So you're gonna enjoy this, I hope. If you're not, don't tell me no, you will anyway. Typical stuff Patreon link in the description. Full episodes and videos on there, and yeah, let's just do it. Here's Michael and Vanessa from the podcast I'm not busy on with the show, you guys. Vanessa and Michael are back. Hello, how are you guys?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, so good now that we're talking to you. I miss you.
Speaker 1: I miss you too well. I always listen to your podcast, so it's like that weird thing of like, oh, I feel like I'm talking to you guys, but you don't like I can't talk to you. I just listen to you guys talking to me. And you know, I'm such a fan, and you guys were recently talking about witches and every once in a while you get a little spooky on the show, which I always appreciate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we like it.
Speaker 2: I like the spookies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Michael Moore, I'm still you know, I'm a scaredy cat, but I feel like I've been trying to be brave.
Speaker 1: Well, you've been traveling. I see you opening for Chelsea Handler. Are you going to any haunted theaters or any haunted hotels?
Speaker 5: Literally, like every theater we do, I'm always like is it haunted? And they're like, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Did they tell you like the story of the woman in white that everyone sees on the stage.
Speaker 5: No, I'm always like, is it I think that's Chelsea, that's the ghost. But yeah, I anytime they're like it's haunted, Yeah, I feel like it's always kind of a similar thing where they're just like, yeah, we hear like woo's or groans, and I'm like, okay, just standing back there. Also, who knows I may be talking to a ghost when this happens.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. They're just like if people are growning during your acts, it's don't worry, it's just a ghost.
Speaker 5: The staff is fucking.
Speaker 6: That's a good cover up. You're just like, oh, that that sound you hear ghosts, don't worry about it. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Literally, I have been thinking about that so much lately. I've been getting more skeptical of paranormal stuff in a way that I think is healthy, and I think it's good for the paranormal world. I'm not like a full on non believer, but there's so many stories that I've been encountering lately where I'm like, could that just have been somebody that was in a place that they shouldn't have been and then they blamed it on a ghost or were they talking shit? And they were like, no, it wasn't me, it was a ghost maker. Like I was just reading one where a ghost in this house was like mimicking people's voices and so they would be like, oh, I just heard Vanessa in the other room talking shit and then they go in there and there's like nobody there or whatever. But I'm like, it could have just been Vanessa and they're talking shit. Yeah. I mean she's like, no, it's a ghost. They swear it wasn't me.
Speaker 5: That sounds very me blame it on a ghost, which I I just love the idea. Of course, in twenty twenty two, we're blaming ghosts now.
Speaker 6: I mean that's part style, right, Like it's like you blame the dog about the fart, but it's like, now we do it with ghosts totally.
Speaker 5: You know why there's inflation ghosts?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, gas prices, ghost ghosts, all of that. You were talking Vanessa recently about pulling out the egg. Oh yeah, which is funny because that's the thing that I've heard from my family as well. Can you explain this the egg?
Speaker 5: Okay? I recently pulled out the egg on one of my friends, Roxy because she thought she got the evil eye. So I was like, I got this. It was my first I'm performing the egg ritual. So we got an egg and as I like rubbed it on her, I said like a prayer to like release the negativity from her. I don't know if I did it right, but that's what my mom would do, was like if you got like the evil eye, a hole, or a fever, they rub you with an egg and then you crack it in a cup with water, and some people put it under the bed, but my mom would put it by a window because she said God could see it from the window, and then sucks up either negative spirits or illness from the egg.
Speaker 1: It goes into the egg. Yeah, I remember my dad telling me that that's what his mother would do, like put it under the bed in a bowl, and like if it cooked, then then the it's an evil egg. The devil is inside of that egg. I might still eat it. I'm not gonna lie. That's a deviled egg.
Speaker 2: Put it under the bed.
Speaker 6: And then if it's got like sort of like a little dollup of like a mustardy yolk on top of it and some paprika, it's a deviled egg.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, I never thought about it that way. But yeah, I mean people are giving me side eye every time I walk down the street. I'm probably filled. I match if I rubbed a couple of eggs on me. Right now, we could have a full fill one of those deviled egg trays.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a plucky.
Speaker 1: Next time I get invited to something like that, I'm gonna get a dozen eggs. Just do one of these all over my body.
Speaker 6: She is feeding the neighborhood exactly all the evil eye.
Speaker 2: I hope y'all hungry.
Speaker 6: You know, my new favorite zone for poky stuff right now is TikTok. I love spooky TikTok. I get on there at like two in the morning when I can't sleep, and it's all bullshit, but I love it.
Speaker 2: I watched like some of the scariest shit on there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have the hardest time again with the skepticism.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: People are so good at faking things now, and you could, like, people like kids these days know how to make a full on Marvel movie on the damn computer. So how am I supposed to know what is real and what isn't y'all?
Speaker 2: And I watched this one.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry, go ahead, Oh absolutely, no, no, no no. I watched this one like last night, literally last night. And so this woman, this like young blonde woman is like, okay, I'm babysitting and like, look at this crazy thing.
Speaker 2: I found and it is a doll.
Speaker 6: Maybe of like a child, with its face up against the wall, like like layer witch style kind of and it's up against the wall and in the doll's pocket it has like a bell on it.
Speaker 2: And she's like, this is so weird? Is this like real hair? And what the hell is this?
Speaker 6: And then she keeps going and it's kind of a long TikTok and then every once in a while, while she's doing something else, you see the doll like reflected in a mirror, running behind her. So they're like employing children, like there are child actors involved in this or oh, but it was it was messing me up because like little kid ghosts.
Speaker 1: Shit. There was a Poulter geist that was all in the papers in England. And did you guys see The Conjuring two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just one.
Speaker 1: The Conjuring two is based on this famous poultergeist in England called the Enfield polter Geist. This is not that, this is even before miss Enfield poulter Geist. This is the batter see Poulter Guys, have you ever heard of it? Okay, well, here we go storytime, and please interject if you have anything to say, As I read you my research. So this is a long story. It took place over twelve years in this house, and so this is kind of the main bullet points. But it started in nineteen fifty six. There was this Victorian house in Battersea, London, and it's the Hitchings family. We're talking about Wally Hitchings, his wife Kitty, Grandma Ethel who was also known as old Mother Hitchings Nice, and her adopted son named John, who at the time was in his twenties. And then there's the lead of the story, who is named Shirley. And Shirley oh yeah, this is back when Shirley was the name of a fifteen year old. She was gifteen at the time. I know at the time. I'm sure Shirley was like the McKenna of the time. So she's in her bad sleeping and she notices under her pillow a silver key, just like a random silver key that came from nowhere. I don't know, maybe the two fairies drunk again, I don't know what's going on, but somebody left a key underneath her pillow, and so she brings it to her dad. Her dad puts it in every hole in the house, and.
Speaker 5: You gotta try every hole you gotta.
Speaker 1: It's nothing. It doesn't fit into any of these holes around this house.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So that same night they're here in bangs throughout the house and walls are shaking to the point where the neighbors are complaining. And actually, Shirley said in an interview much later, she said, it sounded like it was coming from the bowels of the earth. It was just banging. So this goes on for weeks, this kind of thing, and they start to hear scratching sounds coming from like within their furniture, kind of a claw like scratching. I can't really imagine what that sounds like, but that's what it says. And they call the cops, they call reporters, photographers. No one can figure it out. So they're like, Okay, I guess this is the only logical explanation would be a Poulter guys kill.
Speaker 2: This house is filthy.
Speaker 5: What about pest control?
Speaker 1: What if it's just like, you know, family banging the house like from the mouthl nature, Nature's boss.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's probably not ratituy. At that point, you know what I mean, You're probably dealing with something a little bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly so, and again they're having like reporters and people there and they're like, this is something, but we don't know what it is. But just wait, because it starts to get crazy. You haven't heard anything yet. So they start to name this entity Donald after Donald Duck.
Speaker 2: This entity is not wearing pants. This entity is I'm assuming want a top top on, bottoms off.
Speaker 1: That's what one could only assume. But they mainly I think they named him that because it seemed like it was a grumpy ghost. But as time goes on, a bunch of witnesses are saying that they see bed sheets flying off of beds, they see slippers walking around on their own. No, they see clocks floating through the air. Pots and pants are being thrown across rooms, and there's chairs moving around the house. And actually I loved this one. One of Shirley's gloves was on the ground. It flies up and slaps the dead in the face. Yes, yes, it did.
Speaker 5: The gloves with the drama.
Speaker 1: And I'm just picturing it flying and then it stops right before it gets to the face and then just yes, yes, So Donald is obsessed with Shirley, and it's really centering around her. And it's going It's to the point where it's kind of following her to work.
Speaker 2: She was working.
Speaker 1: She's fifteen, but she's working as a seamstress. She's starting to become known as the Poultergeist girl because she's there's always stuff happening with hers. There's sounds that are being heard, things are going missing, like she's They're like, oh, the polter Guys girl, And it's like kind of ruining her life. She's like losing friends and apparently she actually lost her job because of this at one point.
Speaker 2: That's discrimination, Yeah, that's discrimination, is I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you she should That's a thing like you should be able to if you have a ghost attached to you, you should still be able to work.
Speaker 5: I think it's like nobody can help that, not really.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, they tried to get some help. I'll tell you about that in a second. They there was a night where she was laying in bed and her sheets are getting pulled off, which I hate is annoying, you know, Oh, it's the worst when that happens. But she's doing like a full on tug of war in the sheets and then allegedly her body goes stiff and she starts levitating. Is that Is that a du alipa song? Is that what the song is about? So the press is going crazy and they're kind of playing it like there's this ghost that's in love with her and they're still calling him Donald, and he's starting to get violent now and he's trashing rooms in the house. Fires are breaking out taneously throughout the house, and at one point, even the dad, Wally, who's already been bitch slapped in the face by a glove, he gets burnt and had to go to the hospital at one point because of one of these fires. And even Granny old what was her name, Old Lady Hitchings, Yeah, old Mother Hitchings. At one point she almost gets pushed down the stairs because of Donald. So this paranormal investigator named Harold Chibbitt also known as chib he comes over and he becomes the main investigator on this case, and he helps the family to communicate with Donald by using little cards with alphabet letters on them, and they would have I guess they would have him tap. Donald would tap like is it a pe? And like, you know, if he would tap whenever they said the letter is it an out? Like whatever? So that that way, they were starting to be able to form sentences with them. And then they have this idea, Oh, let's take this room in the house that has a lock on it. We will put a pen and paper in there, and we're gonna lock it. And then chib takes the lock the key with him home so that nobody can get in there. Because people are suspecting at this point that it's probably maybe it's the girl doing all this stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: They would come back to the house and open up the door and there would sometimes be up to sixty to seventy notes that are written out no handwritten notes prolific sixty to seventy. First of all, if Donald lived today, Donald would be one of those people that sends a billion text messages when you're like, this should be an email.
Speaker 5: With Donald.
Speaker 4: Is on.
Speaker 1: Exactly a lot to say, I guess. So the notes saying yeah, all kinds of things, Okay. At one point it's telling Shirley how she needs to be wearing her hair. No, that's shady, right, I don't like that, Like you should get bangs, like you know what I mean, Like that's not I don't know though I did just get bangs and it solved a lotos.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: Yes, Donald, So there was at one point there was a note that was written specifically to Shirley, and it's it just said, Shirley, I come, I'm not touching that one.
Speaker 5: So Donald sounds like a toxic, you know, boyfriend, like the first boyfriend we all had, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't seem he doesn't seem emotionally mature. I mean he's pushing Ronnie's downstairs.
Speaker 5: Messing with the family, like, you know issues, trying to put Shirley down. He's trying to mess with her confidence.
Speaker 1: It's like a gang a little bit yeah, totally yeah, and a little bit gas lighting.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like I didn't do anything, it's it's the girl that's doing this, you know. So apparently there's this whole thing about this that I don't know how I feel about this part. But he identifies himself as Lewis Charles, who was the short lived Louis the seventeenth of France who was rumored to have escape captivity during the French Revolution. There's this whole story about did he die a prisoner at ten or there's like all this like historical mystery.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is like Marie Antoinette's son.
Speaker 6: That whenever they got taken at the end of Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, Yeah, I just watched it.
Speaker 2: I know who this is.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay. So Shirley ends up getting married in nineteen sixty five and she, I know, she moves away, and I guess Donald starts to appear less in the house, and by nineteen sixty eight she's still getting messages outside of the house from her West Sussex home, so she's a distance away and she would I guess, leave out a note paper and a pen by her phone and she would sometimes see messages and her husband's just like, that's Shirley. I mean, that's just what comes with Shirley, is that there's just this ghost that writes things to her. And I guess there was one in nineteen sixty eight that said he was leaving. It's over and that was it. And there's also she did an interview not that long ago. She's like in her eighties now she's like just an old, nice grandma lady, and she said that she was at a farmer's market situation in the eighties and a psychic came up to her and was like, there's this little boy that's following you around, and so maybe that is a part of it. She doesn't know, who really knows, But like with any of this stuff, there's of course people speculating that it could be a hoax of some sort, and I think the main thing that people think is that it was her, But she says no, I believe her, And I guess, like, you know, there's things like the neighbors complaining because they're hearing all these sounds. There were so many witnesses to this activity that it seems like something was happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seems like why would you also like just do this bit into your eighties.
Speaker 1: I've ever you'd really have to commit to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Admire it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: If it is If it is a bit, I'm not mad because I love this commitment to it. Then then I'm just like, Okay, well, then you're remarkable. Then you're like a really remarkable actor and performer, I mean.
Speaker 1: Or it just becomes a part of your personality or like I don't know, some people have the same hairstyle for sixty years. Maybe it's just like that's just you.
Speaker 6: Well, and I think that what because like the spooky stuff that I think I've experienced, I'm in my head, you know, and I've talked about it in my head.
Speaker 2: It's it's what I experienced.
Speaker 6: And memory is so weird in that way, right, And so it's like I have no idea of like I overblew it or as I've told the story, it's gotten bigger.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, that's my memory of it. So that's just what it is. And we can't we can't speculate that much further than that because.
Speaker 1: You know, well, and a lot of this was being documented at the time by at least the one professional chib so it was I mean, this lasted twelve years, so they were able to document it pretty well. I don't know if there's any video. I That's where I'm always kind of like, can't you get a camera out and just like tape all of this stuff, because especially back then, this is pre TikTok, it would be hard to show two slippers walking on their own.
Speaker 6: Right, Like it's hard to like do the special effects for that, you know, right, yeah, practical in camera effect.
Speaker 5: For me, it was the notes, like all those notes and it was locked and then you just open. Now, that's like the creepy Oh for sure.
Speaker 6: Like I don't want any I barely like normal text messages. I definitely don't want like a sort of eldritch message on a notepad that.
Speaker 1: Especially when it's like I have some notes, you're living your life.
Speaker 6: I do think that they had sort of like a five hundred Days of Summer reunion, maybe because like they broke up and like he's like, I'm done, I'm gone, and then she's just randomly at a farmer's market and then the psychic's like, there's a little boy following you. And I feel like they looked at each other and just sort of gave like a knowing glance. Yeah, They're like, we're not together anymore. We're not going to get back together.
Speaker 2: But it was fun. It was a fun time.
Speaker 1: You're just somebody that I use exactly somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he follows some some other lady.
Speaker 1: Now squl oh the sequel Donald two squeak wal Hey you guys, can I show you a haunted doll?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought you'd never ask.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: Of all people, I mean, all I do is show people haunted dolls I find on eBay. Okay, So here's a segment of the show I like to call I think I'm going to call it the Dolls are Living. So I go to eBay and I type in the words haunted doll. And how many are hundreds, if not thousands of these dolls? And the best part is that most of them come with their own biography, and they're usually written by whoever's selling it. Sometimes they're written by the doll allegedly. But I want to show you this doll, and I'm going to read you their biography, and if you're interested, I would be happy to buy it for you and send it to you. Okay, it is the doll here. What do you think of this? This doll?
Speaker 5: I mean somebody has cut her hair that somebody has not the original cut.
Speaker 2: For this.
Speaker 6: It's like a little we've got a little genderfuckery going on here that I think is really chic.
Speaker 1: Totally. She's got kind of a bowl cut, h pretty blunt. She's wearing a red Victorian kind of dress with balloon sleeves, velvet, some ruffles. You have to have ruffles if you want to be a haunted doll. I also always look at this like marketing. You're trying to sell yourself here, honey, you gotta have a bad haircut and you gotta have ruffles.
Speaker 5: It's sort of I mean this there should definitely be like you know, Tinder, but like for hanted dolls and you can swipe right or left.
Speaker 1: That's an eBay, you know. But like this growling this.
Speaker 5: This one she likes walks on the beach.
Speaker 1: It seems like, yes, we can't ignore that she's on the beach.
Speaker 6: I love this actually, like, yeah, she's on the beach, but she's not looking at the water like you know what I mean, She's looking looking for something back on the land right like she's.
Speaker 2: Looking for someone.
Speaker 5: Did they Does she have a backstory?
Speaker 1: Oh, you better believe she has a backstory. I was also going to point out she has no eyebrows, a very nude lip, and the world's smallest hands. She's gorgeous, Okay, speaking.
Speaker 2: Of the nude lip. Also, it's like the faintest smirk. It's it's like she's it's a thing. She knows everything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like it's like I'm not scared right away, like I thought it was going to be like scary, but she seems she seems nice.
Speaker 1: Well, I think she's looking at you with that little smirk, going Okay, are they going to say something about my haircut? I really worked on this. Yeah, okay, So here's what we got here. Welcome to my auction, and thank you for looking. I'm for you, Clara. I have had Clara for many years now. She's from my private collection. Clara was a one room school teacher. She has a crazy sense of humor. I guess you would too, having to deal with children all day. That's what it says here. She was a teacher while walking this earth, and she still sees herself as a teacher in the spirit world. She will try to correct your grammar, spelling and speech. Lol. I usually laugh the whole time I communicate with her. I have to admit my spelling is terrible. She has no problem letting you know. I swear I spend more time correcting my spelling than communicating. Makes you feel like you're back in school again. No, thank you, but I have to tell you my spelling has much improved. She will communicate with she'll communicate what her day was like as a teacher. The name John, John and Mark come up frequently. I believe they were students of hers. She also has a very positive energy and outlook. She loves flowers. Her students would bring her flowers on special occasions. Her response to the flowers was, it makes my heart sing. She has a very peaceful soul. She's currently going for forty one dollars plus thirteen dollars and seventeen cents shipping. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: See? I got good vibes from her. She seems like a peaceful soul.
Speaker 1: She seemed like one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she wouldn't like me because I can't spell for shit. I think i'd frustrate her well.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that would probably get annoying. Plus, you don't lit by a beach and she might not be happy about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she loves the beach.
Speaker 1: To the to go to the beach in a long sleeve turtleneck dress. Is that's That's when you know you're an evil doll. I would say, I don't believe her. I think that she's evil. But what do you guys think? Would you like me to buy Clara for one of you?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna swipe which way do you swipe left?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna swipe left? Wait? Which one? Which way?
Speaker 6: Left?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna swipe right. I'm gonna swipe right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna swipe right too.
Speaker 2: I just don't think we have a lot in common.
Speaker 5: It's not a match. I mean the teacher stuff. We were teachers. But I feel like, if anything, I would donate her to a preschool if she wants to be in that, you know, environment.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be so scary.
Speaker 6: If you're like counting your kids before you like go outside and there's like one extra one and then you go back over it and it's Clara and she's standing with the other kids.
Speaker 1: She might be good for TikTok content.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, she's going viral.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, forty one dollars for me I get to save. Can I play you guys some ghost voices?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's time for EVPs or evase, So you guys have done this before.
Speaker 1: What I do is I go to YouTube and I find EVPs or electronic voice phenomenal and I have that These are you know, all real EVPs that ghost hunters or people have found and posted, and I'll play them for you, and I'll have you guess what you hear, and I'll give you some options of what the ghost hunter believes they heard the ghosts say.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: This first one was posted by Truth in Evidence TV on YouTube, and it was at Kelhoun Square in a very haunted place, Savannah, Georgia. What is this ghost saying? There's a lot of background noise, but there is a whisper.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, mm yeah I heard it a little.
Speaker 1: And he guesses do you remember?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or maybe maybe are you ready yet? I kind of got an are you like?
Speaker 1: Wait, let me hear it again. There's like an s shine. Okay, let me give you some options. Is that a show me your butt? Is it B show me April? Which I don't know what that? Maybe that's like they're on family feud, name a month, show me? Is it C surely you're tired, shade? Or is it D such a big meat ball? Okay, oh my god, here we go. It's one of those.
Speaker 2: I guess, show me your butt.
Speaker 1: I kind of hear that, Vanessa, what do you think?
Speaker 5: I hear?
Speaker 1: Surely you're tired, Surely you're tired.
Speaker 2: Surely show me your tired butt in April.
Speaker 1: They believe it's show me April, show me April. Oh, here we go. I don't know. I don't know what that would mean.
Speaker 5: But show me your butt. I heard more clearly this time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, okay, I me, yeah, okay, show me April's cute, April O'Neil.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like a teenem Ninja Turtles moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's one more. This was posted by Ela Davis and it is at the Schoffner House, which is in Crestview, Florida. What's this one saying not saying gay? No, it actually is not saying gay. You're right, Okay, let me play it again.
Speaker 5: Pizza, I kinda hear that pizza.
Speaker 1: It's like, Okay, there's a couple of words. Let's do it again.
Speaker 6: Also here, you're a sluid A little bit could be you're a slug Pizza, You're a.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am, we are collectively.
Speaker 5: As a whole.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, here's some options. Okay, is it a oh Lisa's here.
Speaker 5: The coaster shady?
Speaker 2: Oh Lisa's here?
Speaker 1: B peace be with you? Is it c will you please sit down? Or is it d all this PC crap? Maybe it's like maybe it's like a fifty year old all this PC crap these days?
Speaker 2: Okay, Boomer, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me play it again. What do you think?
Speaker 5: Oh, Lisa's here, let me hear it?
Speaker 2: Wait, do you do it one more time? It's either I feel like it's either Lisa's here or please sit down?
Speaker 1: It's see will you please sit down?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I just love the idea of that, guys going, oh Lisa's here. Okay, it's will you please sit down? Let's see if we can hear that.
Speaker 2: That I hear the tea in the sit you know, I hear that that clipped tea? Right?
Speaker 5: Why did he was? Was the ghost gonna say like something revealing like you should sit down for this?
Speaker 2: Could sit down?
Speaker 6: I'm a ghost and I've been wanting to say something for a little while, and I think you should be sitting down.
Speaker 1: See. I was thinking of it more just like somebody complaining at a I don't know, at something where they're just like, will you please sit down? Like an airplane.
Speaker 2: Oh, the ghost is in the service industry for sure, and yeah, sir down.
Speaker 1: Please take your seat. We're about to take off. Yeah definitely. Okay, Well, let's just do one more thing. Damn it. I did this with you guys last time, and I can't remember all the things that I asked you, I should have re listened to it, but we're just going to try it and see what happened. Okay, I'm just going to list some paranormal type phenomena and let's do it. I want to hear any thoughts you have, any maybe you've experienced it, I'm not sure. Let's talk about synchronicities. How do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 2: Can you.
Speaker 5: Sentence show me a bro.
Speaker 1: So synchronicities or like deja vu goes along with that, or just like too good to be true? Like how how would that have happened? I just thought that that was going to happen, and it did. I mean, does that kind of thing happen to you guys a lot? Or do you do you read into it as like WHOA, that's crazy or are you like whatever? Is this a coincidence or totally real?
Speaker 5: This happened to me recently where I was like, me and my boyfriend were out at a restaurant and he's like, I'm going to get this for the first time, and I'm like, you've already ordered that. We've been we had this conver we did this, you had it, and then we did come to the conclusion like it did happen before? He just has a bad memory, and I feel crazy where I'm like, no, we did I know this has happened before you ordered the meat bull sub And he's like.
Speaker 1: No, so was there a moment when you thought that this was some kind of like paranormal like I've already been here, I've done this, And then you're like, oh, wait, no I actually have but yeah.
Speaker 5: Where I'm like, wait, why would the universe want me to have this meatball sub again?
Speaker 1: Like if it was in a past life?
Speaker 2: See, I buy into it.
Speaker 6: I feel like I live in a near constant state of deja vu, like I ate so often for me and it to the degree that like I know sometimes what people are going to say next in a circumstance where we're and I'll be like I and I'm like oh, or like I'll almost sort of know like something that someone has in their purse or something, and it's not like it's not like psychic. I'm not like saying all the things that are in the purse, but I'm like oh, and then I remember you pull out this lipstick or something and they're like I have this lipstick, Like okay.
Speaker 1: Let's just do a test. Okay, I'm gonna hold this. Let's just see for fun. I have something in my hand right now. What do you think is in my hand?
Speaker 2: Come on, a pen?
Speaker 1: I do not have a pen in my hand. Okay, I have a mini stapler.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: Say that's what you were gonna say.
Speaker 6: Legit was gonna say stapler, and I was like, who the fuck has a stapler these days?
Speaker 5: Liar, no, no, swear to God.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, try it one more time. We're doing more. Go with your gut, Go with your gut, even if it sounds crazy. This is the one podcast where you can sound as crazy as you want and only some people will judge you on the internet. Okay, this, I have something in my hand. It's not going to throw you off like that. It's a more common thing.
Speaker 2: A pad of post it notes.
Speaker 1: Guessing you get three gases, you get three gasses. For some reason, I'm.
Speaker 2: Feeling paper like it's like a notepad or a notebook.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what was it?
Speaker 6: What was it?
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: I am right next to my printer. It was my phone, I thought. Okay, so one together the stapler one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the stapler one is actually freaky to me because I was like, I think it's a stapler and then I was like, bitch who has a stapler?
Speaker 1: Like just like around but anyhow, very random any who Like it is.
Speaker 6: Like a feeling that like because it doesn't feel like I'm not It doesn't feel like a psychic thing. It just feels like I keep doing the same things over and over, like a little happy death day. But like I only catch it every once in a while and I'm like we've been here together, or like I'll clock when something's a little bit different, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see yes, And that's why I always say I feel like I'm psychic, but not to the point where I could charge people. But because there's so many things that first of all, are not meaningful that I that I can pick up like it did, like it doesn't help anything that I could be like I have a feeling that you have something a staple in your hand, like what is that? It doesn't help anything at all? Really there's that. And also it only happens sometimes, it doesn't happen every time.
Speaker 5: And you can't give like a heads up on hurricanes or tornadoes.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, but I think that I think that there's like that. To me, it feels more real than being like, oh, I'm gonna pay someone to tell me exactly what's real right now in this very moment, I'm like, who could just pull that up, like access that skill right off the bat. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, I think some of this stuff, right, it's often based in like some kind of empathy. And if this, then what thinking? Because like whenever I do tarot readings and stuff like that, people are often like, oh, wow, you're really like hitting on some stuff and I'm like, no, you're hitting on some stuff. And I kind of am okay at reading people and like, you know, I like, there's there's a different thing going on, and is it paranormal?
Speaker 2: Maybe you're like.
Speaker 6: Connecting to some energy but it's not like psychic. Yeah, Like I don't know if I believe in full blown psychic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh so you read Taro. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I've started recently, Yeah, like in the past like two years.
Speaker 1: It's a lot to learn, it's too I want to, but I can't learn at all. But I believe in Taro. I very much think that taro is is legit ooh, because to me, it's like the cards are the ones that are saying the thing, right. I think there's people it's reflective, there's people that really good at interpreting it, and I think that, especially if you have like intuitive skills, you could do a really kind of psychic reading with them. But I think ultimately like the cards are going to tell you what the truth is or what the messages or whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't. I just like it. I like it least you knit the story together.
Speaker 6: Like I feel like you knit the story because like, let's say you're doing a three card reading or something, and then you do your first card. You're going to clock with the person's responses to it a little bit, and then you want the first card and the second card to have some connective tissue and it is like speculative. But the cards are, you know, creating the framework, and then you're kind of adding stuff to it, and then the person's adding stuff to it. So it's a really collaborative I think experience of like, yeah.
Speaker 1: So psychic stuff. Have you guys been to psychic's?
Speaker 2: I've only ever had my like cards read, and I've had my palm read.
Speaker 1: How did that go?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 6: Was like a girl at a party, you know what I mean. Like, and this is when I wasn't like, I wasn't like living my full gay truth. So part of it was a little bit like I was like, oh, I think you're barking up the wrong tree because I think we're flirting.
Speaker 1: She was like, you're gay, like based on your palm, but you were.
Speaker 2: That's that's how I knew.
Speaker 1: She's all, let me read your palm. You're like, here you go. She's like, Okay, I'm real, that's what it's telling me.
Speaker 5: She's like, you're going home with me tonight, and You're like, I guess, yeah, I've I've never been to a psychic or had my tara read because my mom ruined it for me. She would do that when growing up, and I just remember she would always be upset afterwards. But I don't know who she was going to, but they were like telling her like this is going to happen, this is going to happen, and then she would get all like freaked out and like obsessed. And then I was like, I'm not doing that. I don't want to know never mind.
Speaker 1: But isn't your mom also like super Christian Catholic. Yeah, Catholic.
Speaker 5: Oh, and a hypocrite, as most most Mexican Catholic moms are. They're also into like witchy stuff, which I'm like, it goes against the whole thing, but they're like, no, this it's part of it.
Speaker 1: I think it is. I think it's all so much more similar than we like to think. I think that like formal religion puts people against each other or something, but I think there's like so much that is so similar.
Speaker 5: The spells and the Yeah. I feel like as Catholics, you know, every saint is like a different spell if you want like money or I remember we did a whole thing because we wanted my cousin she liked this guy and she wanted him to ask her to the middle school dance. So we did like a thing with a saint and the picture of the boy, and we did a whole.
Speaker 1: Spell that's totally spell work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I meaning he didn't ask her, but we we truly attempted.
Speaker 1: What do you say, we what do we what do you mean a little cousin?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was me, my aunt, my cousin and my mom and we were like, okay, we need a picture of this boy. And we put it in a cup of water upside down. It was like the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is full of witchery, practical magic.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean I feel like it was just more bonding for us. But the guy didn't that never manifested.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, what do.
Speaker 1: You guys think of Let's see here. I don't know if I asked you guys this before, but let's see time travel. Oh, like speaking a tik speaking of TikTok, you TikTok. You will see videos where it's like this person time traveled based on this photo from nineteen twenty one, and then you'll just see like somebody within the background with like a cell phone just like talking like totally edited in, or or it's like they're holding up I don't know, like a bandage to their ear that they lost in a war or something like. It's like not it's not as I've seen those. Yeah, but do you think that that's possible?
Speaker 2: No? I think I don't think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean no, But like as far as like the theory in and around it, and like the idea of like I don't know, like different things like string theory and like universe stuff and in the multiverse and different things like that. I believe in that more than I think that we've ever time traveled or like that we've ever encountered that. But I believe that the texture of all of this is way more porous and weird and not linear than we think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think there's got to be like other dimensions for sure, like when when the gummy hits real hard, I'm like, I'm seeing other dimensions for sure. But as far as time travel, I'm like, yeah, like back to the future, I wish hard. Yeah, I think that would be fun.
Speaker 2: I just think that we would have fucked shit up more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like, okay, this is the version of time travel because of the multiverse stuff and whatnot that I would believe, and this is a little x men E and whatnot. I think that there's like the thing where it's like, you know, I'm gonna eat this sandwich, and it's like do you eat the sandwich? Do you not eat the sandwich? Like choose your own adventure book, and then that creates to every decision you make creates two different universes. There's the universe where Vanessa eat a sandwich. And there's the universe like sliding doors with Gwyneth Paltrow have two different absolutely And I think that that's kind of true. Like I think that there are like fractals, and I think that that actually ties into the deja vous a little bit where they think there's like everything you do, there's a version of the universe where you didn't do it.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you there's no version or universe where Vanessa doesn't eat a sandwich.
Speaker 2: There's the Hungry Vanessa timeline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, she loves sandwiches, and in.
Speaker 2: This timeline you have an eyepatch. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, who could say anytime there's been horrible things or whatever that have happened in the world, Like what if it was somebody went back in time and ate a sandwich right before that happened, or we don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, what a.
Speaker 1: Fun thing to think about. Well, you guys, I think that's about it. I think we did another podcast together.
Speaker 2: We did it. This is the best one yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a pretty good one. I'm going to help to vote now if you think that this is the best one, can you tell people where to find you and and listen to your podcast and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Yeah, you can find me on Twitter and Instagram under Michael Folk. And then for our podcast, it's I'm Not Busy Podcast. I'm Not Busy on Spotify and Stitcher and Apple Podcasts and all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm Vanessa g Comedy on Instagram and Twitter, and yeah, when I'm not busy I call Michael and we talk about dumb stuff.
Speaker 2: We got some great episodes coming up in the can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I highly recommend it. And I last time you guys were on, if people sent me messages, tell me how funny you guys are. Another listen to the podcast and I highly endorse. I find you guys so funny.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Michael Vanessa. Go back and listen to the last time they were on. I'll put a link to that appearance on this podcast. I'll put it in the description as well, and you can also find their my Patreon link. And could you write the rate the show five stars? Would you do that for me? Please leave me a nice review maybe, or you could send me a ghost story in a five star review, or you could send it to ghosted by Raz at gmail dot com and I'm on Instagram at raz Hernandez, my TikTok and Twitter is at It's raz Hernandez. And I guess that's about it from me, so I will talk to you next week. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay. Back Star a podcast network