Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the kitchen table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 1: You're a coward. It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined by Bad Larry, Shay and Irving and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Well, well, here we are. We've done it. We're all here, ready to go. Let's see. Let's set the scene. We have Intern Ray Picture Day Ray in the back. He's the producer of the show. You have Dylan the graphics guy, and you have Marvin is here, Bad Larry's at the Jersey Shore, and Shay is in the Bahamas.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Danny, Okay, you sounded defeated a little bit. Yeah, what's wrong?
Speaker 3: Shayeated? I'm depressed. I had to turn down so many local entrepreneurs last night, just trying to make a buck, and I couldn't even invest in the local economy. It's awful. It's awful, these poor guys.
Speaker 1: You well, I'm proud of you that you're showing a little restraint there, and you're not picking up any extracurricular activities in the Bahamas.
Speaker 3: I feel like a communist, Danny. They're capitalists out here trying to do the right thing, and I'm turning them down.
Speaker 4: Okay, they traveled there for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, word got out that Shay was coming down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're ready for me. Damn sure.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're by the time we're taping this Thursday, right after the show, around twelve thirty, the Cowboys are going to introduce Brian Schottenheimer as their next head football coach. So, Shay, I'll get your reaction to your new head coach.
Speaker 3: I'm apoplectic, Danny. Last week I talked about if you get into the NFL as a coach, you just stay. You just keep failing, and keep failing, and keep failing. Shottennheimer is getting looked at by zero other teams as a head coach. He was with the Jaguars as a quarterbacks coach coordinator, passing coordinator, thirty second ranked offense. Right before that, he was with the Colts that sucked. He got Mark Rick fired from Georgia when he was the offensive freaking coordinator there, eighty fifth ranked offense. He has done nothing except be the son of the original Schottenheimer. This is not a serious franchise, This is not a serious coaching search. This is just somebody, mark my words. Jerry can pull a string and he's gonna march around for him. And I think Jerry's gonna put Witton on the staff and have him be the coach in waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at any of that. I agree with you, and I don't think anybody was waiting in line to hire Brian Schottenheimer. And I think that he got attention with Dion the fact that they didn't fire Mike McCarthy to then have the opportunity to interview Ben Johnson when they were on a bye week in Detroit. Mike Rabel didn't interview either. Albert Breer, the Monday Morning quarterback, said on the show that Vrabel would have been interested in that job. And so here you go, you got Brian Schottenheimer, and some things never change.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm supposed to do and what Cowboys fans are supposed to do. I am apathetic right now, and I have never been you know me, I have never been an apathetic fan for the Cowboys, and they have. If they can do this to me, Danny, heaven forbid a normal person who follows the Cowboys, They're out. They're completely out, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Shade?
Speaker 4: Did you know that his middle name is Cornelius, which is also yeah, that's also Scooby Doo's.
Speaker 1: Middle name.
Speaker 3: Both. How fuck do you even know that?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: They're gonna They're going to find the curious case of the missing vicodin in Jerry's office.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's recap from last week. Bad Larry was the regular season champ plus twenty one units. Uh. Bad Larry lost a unit last week. Shay won two units last week. Dylan, congratulations, Dylan lost six back to even baby. Yeah, congratulations. Yeah. And uh, didn't you guys get a gift from God the safety that ended the Chiefs Texans game and we did not? Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, well, it closed nine and a half. Yeah, and it was probably the greatest backdoor cover in the history of the playoffs. You had nine and a half if that was electric incredible. I left the house when they kicked that son of a bit kicked the field goal like a soccer ball. Of course, it's going to get blocked. You almost hit him in the face. First of all, I left the house, went to a buddy's house, walked through the door, and the safety happened. I was I was freaking the fuck out, Danny.
Speaker 1: It was great Ohio State Lake field goal the Buckeyes covering the national title game.
Speaker 5: That hurt me financially. Didn't hurt me on the show, but it hurt me financially. Forget forget about the field goals, Dan. It was third and eleven down the sixty one yard past.
Speaker 1: Come on, I was two man coverage.
Speaker 5: Get get a fifteen yard You know, I already realized I was going to lose the game. Get a fifteen yard first down and take three knees and Larry White covered.
Speaker 4: I will, I will say that my bat for that game to overtime started to look a little spicy down the line.
Speaker 1: Let me see, uh Dylan going to six and one gets the uh Pavilla Award again. Congratulations Pavia. Let me see anything else that needs to be mentioned here. Donald Trump officially in office now he didn't miss a kiss from the first lady. I don't know if that concerned you at all.
Speaker 3: They're okay, listen.
Speaker 5: I think she wore.
Speaker 3: I think she amazed me how Americans don't understand Slavic women. They are cold, calculated and mean.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 1: Larry, do you think so? She had the hat on for a.
Speaker 5: Reason, absolutely, to protect herself from them.
Speaker 1: At her tis.
Speaker 5: Nod your head a little bit and you can't get in there to give you a kisses. Of course, why she wore that was.
Speaker 1: Like murderer's row of fucking dorks there too. How about Mark Zuckerberg sneaking a peek at Jeff Bezos says that ain't that was a stare those.
Speaker 3: I love her. She's a hero mine. Think about it. You are a fifty year old woman in your bag like the second richest guy.
Speaker 1: On the planet after having kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, this woman. There should be books written about her. She should be given ted talks. I don't know what she's doing, but she's doing it right.
Speaker 1: She won the game. Well, if Malani has got a book coming out, then then miss in Broken English, then Lauren Sanchez should have one too.
Speaker 3: Why be better when you can be best? That's what I always.
Speaker 1: Said, Shaye, do you have an issue with the president not putting his hand on the Bible as he was sworn in.
Speaker 3: I thought that was strategic Danny. Now he doesn't have to get in trouble with all the lies that he's got. When he suspends democracy, he ain't going to hell.
Speaker 1: And the question was was it New Testament or Old Testament?
Speaker 3: Right right? Oh, by the way, by the way, local elections here on the island. I'm at in the Bahamas there today. So if our guy JJ, the bar owner, wins campaign party tonight at his bar, so that's that's pretty exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't drink. You're not allowed to drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm going to be at a campaign party. I'm going to give him some illegal foreign donations.
Speaker 1: This is this is the chess match you've been talking about.
Speaker 3: He's a populace. I could live here if the spend democracy.
Speaker 1: By the way, everything good there in the Bahamas before we move on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the roommate. The roommate's in big trouble with their mama. I'll tell you that. Why so mom is staying at our house watching the three kids be the baby. He was like sick, right, like sick, like had a fever, stayed home from school the whole bit. The roommate just kind of pocketed that information and we got on a plane and of course, wow, everything's but the baby had a horrible scream and coffee keep it up, Grandma, all this shit. So then they woke up to a barrage of guilty deck messages. I knew we're coming, but should if I had a hand with a sick child.
Speaker 4: These are the small victories that you need to reshape your image. I think just start banking.
Speaker 3: I totally agree banking.
Speaker 1: These one at a time. Uh, let me see look alone. Looking back, Shaye did pretty well. Dylan, that's a lot of bloodshed.
Speaker 4: Almost the exact opposite of the last week, except I fortunately pushed on the Eagles ram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Bad Larry had notre dame money line. Uh, kind of generic after that. Dylan h missed out on the bow Rain Darts Masters. You had Peter Wright to win. Yeah, snake bite. Uh. Shay lost out as well on the bow Rain Darts Masters.
Speaker 3: Bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yep, that brings us to this week. Bad Larry is the leader in the clubhouse. I'll start with you, bad Lairy, all right.
Speaker 5: I know say he's gonna get upset it with this, But Shay, there's only four real action bets you can have. So I'm going to go three units on the Bills getting two against the Chiefs and three units on the Eagles. Given six to the Commanders.
Speaker 1: The Bills are getting one and a half.
Speaker 4: That seems like chasing Larry. How bad have your bets off the show?
Speaker 3: Been?
Speaker 5: Five hundred on Notre Dame was my only big loss this week? Not good. I know, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: I was in the lead.
Speaker 5: I thought you were still in the leade. I didn't realize you took the DA like a fucking landslide.
Speaker 3: He did? You did?
Speaker 1: You thought?
Speaker 5: I thought I was still chasing Dylan. That's why I want. I want to stay with my three units.
Speaker 3: So I'll have a little action.
Speaker 5: Three units on those two games, and then I want one unit on both overs. I think it's forty seven.
Speaker 1: Both of them, forty seven and a half.
Speaker 5: I'll say, yeah, both overs. I'm trying to think that Eagle game might not get over. The Bill's Chiefs game's definitely going over. I'll keep both over. So three units on the two games and one unit of both overs, right, Shay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got the Bills, Danny. Simple fact. Donald Trumps President there's only one white quarterback in the playoffs. This is jefiny what it's fact. And I got the Redskins. I will not erase Native Americans. I'm gonna keep calling them the Redskins. Plus Danny very noble.
Speaker 1: You got to feel really good. You got the Commanders and the Eagles in the NFC title game. Thanks are looking good for Cowboy fans.
Speaker 3: Ship, ain't us some ship? And then you got dan Quinn. You got Dan Quinn and Kellen Moore both there. It's just it's it's it's not a serious franchise. It's a joke.
Speaker 1: It's it's like a TV show about a famous, famous franchise. Yes, it's it. You know, you got all the characters there, especially with with with Jerry. So you're you're taking the Commander's plus six and then the Bills and Chiefs you have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Buffalo, Yeah, I got Josh Allen baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, are you taking him just because he's white?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's great logic.
Speaker 3: What do you mean Trump won? It's a white man's return.
Speaker 4: Historically speaks, and that would probably not be a bad beat.
Speaker 1: Marvin is laughing right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: You did have a good four year run, ye, Jayden Daniels looks great and all, but come on.
Speaker 3: And now we have to suspend democracy, so there's no more four year runs, as simple as that, Dylan.
Speaker 4: All right, Dan, in the shocking turn of events, I have the same picks as Shay. I got the Commander's plus six and the Bills plus one and a half, purely because I'm fading myself and the confidence that it was just going to be Eagles Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Okay, and I've now talked myself out of that because I think everyone else is going to think the same thing, even though the Chiefs are.
Speaker 1: Literally the Bills boogeyman. I don't know Josh Allen, only white quarterback left. He looks saucy this year.
Speaker 4: And then I've got a couple other guarantees here, Dan, I'm putting half of unit each on both of those games to go to overtime, not parlayed independent straight bets, Eagles Commanders overtime, Bill's Chiefs to go to overtime, which is also interesting because Commander's Eagles is plus thirteen hundred and Bill's Chiefs is plus fourteen hundred. Commanders beat the Eagles by a smidge in December.
Speaker 1: And the Bills roughed up the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I've got a parlay. Dan, this is really where things change for Dylan.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: AJ Brown anytime touchdown, Austin Eckler anytime touchdown, Amari Cooper anytime touchdown, plus sixty six to fifty.
Speaker 1: And how can that not any anything else aside from the playoffs? Yeah, I mean hold on.
Speaker 4: Yes, right by the way, Mary Cooper against the Ravens zero catches, zero yards against the Broncos two catches for eight yards.
Speaker 1: He is due. And you know who's actually really due?
Speaker 3: A J. Brown is due?
Speaker 1: Yeah, after the whole book reading bull.
Speaker 3: Reading books of a sideline. You're not convincing anybody you're fucking smart. This shit's so corny.
Speaker 1: He's on page two. He's got it upside down, chicking the soup for the soul, reading.
Speaker 3: The table of contents, grow up?
Speaker 1: Anything else, Dylan that you would like to bet on?
Speaker 4: Yes, Dan, obviously it's the Dutch Darts Masters this week. The Dutch Masters Michael van gerwin to win plus six hundred, lost by a nail to Luke Hitler last year and in Dutch Land.
Speaker 1: Is Luke Littler in this one too. Yeah, he's the favorite. Yeah, he's the seventeen year old kid, a seventeen year old goat. Yeah, it's pretty good stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm actually excited for him to drinking age. He's British, right, so drink age. There is eighteen technically, not that it matters. Do you think his game is just gonna fall off when he turns eighteen?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I mean it strikes me now, yeah, it strikes me as his sport that I mean that might be his beta blocker that you end up drinking. Yeah right, that's his SSRI yes, yes, ray Well, when he won the PDC, they're like, what are you going to do with your winnings?
Speaker 4: He's like, oh, just get a bunch of sandwiches and buy a bunch of vapes.
Speaker 1: So I think he's ready to start drinking.
Speaker 3: Oh adam, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: No fucking girls or cigarettes even.
Speaker 3: By the way, I've got a game that we should be betting on, like to introduce a new game like technique to the I think that we should all pick six numbers in Keno and run it for the first ten spots. Seriously, two dollars bet bonus on top. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: I'm about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been killing Keno lately.
Speaker 1: Dan, how far we got you play?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 1: Why are you asking for help? If you're you've been killing it?
Speaker 3: I've got I want us all to I got my numbers. I love my numbers. I think we should all have to pick numbers and run it on the first on the first five or ten. Let's say ten, ten spot and see who wins. What?
Speaker 1: What's what's your number?
Speaker 3: Jay, I'm not telling you, fucker.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be brought back into the gambling world. I'm merely a host to think of a number. I'm not even going to think of a number. What's too bigger than seven? I don't know? All right, Dan? Like's nine? I can tell.
Speaker 3: No. There's a great keynote spot over by my office. Y'all should swing through. It's right next door to a gun shop.
Speaker 1: And the methadone clinic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not getting pretty close. The Indian bees know me by name. I'm killing it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you're there with a bunch of other couples, you and your wife, Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of them Okay, yeah, there's like six couples here.
Speaker 1: But if everybody goes to dinner and everybody socializes, everybody goes to the beach and put suntan lotion on each other.
Speaker 3: No, it's on the beach. His house is on the beach. Last night we went to some dinner, uh, you know, had fucking grouper or whatever. And then tonight we're going to get sushi shit like that. And then we go to these bars. And these bars are all I mean, they're like locals only during the week the weekend, like the tourists coming in. But man, it couldn't get tisty.
Speaker 1: I lost armed guy in pool in the Bahamas had one arm. Wait you lost it? Yeah, you lost him. I lost to him. Oh wait, what did what were you doing? Playing pool? You lost to a one armed guy in the Bahamas? Yeah, and it wasn't like one and a half arms. It was one arm. The other one was off.
Speaker 4: You're just shooting one handed off the rails, and he was actually pretty fucking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the one sport maybe maybe bowling that the more you drink, the better you get, until you get to a certain level where it's diminishing. Now curve. Yes. Yeah, yeah, golf is thee. Yeah, it's like the yes. All right, well playing ice down there, Shaye, When are you back?
Speaker 3: We're coming back Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay. There's also the game.
Speaker 3: Before the games. We lay before the game.
Speaker 1: That was part okay, yes, Still.
Speaker 4: There's a potential work trip in the works being cooked up by Ray Shay and I to Wheeling, West Virginia. Okay, if you'd like to, oh, yeah, to expound upon.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, Danny, We're going to one of the only two operational dog tracks in the continental United States, Wheeling, West Virginia. It'll be in the next month or so. I'm going to take a gambling pod trip, call it a work trip, write it off, film some stuff, meet some trainers, all that fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Okay, And then would you like no? I would not what No?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I love dogs. I don't like to no no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Greyhounds. I once knew a woman who had like five greyhounds in her house.
Speaker 4: But they lived to collectively like ten years old. Those things have like a three year lifespan. If they're not racing.
Speaker 1: She rescued them. Yeah, dog track, yes, yeah, so they were just like those things are a lot taller like than and you think they're wiry, yes, very A lot.
Speaker 3: Of them are whippets. Now listen rescues in quotations. Those dogs are made to run. You get them off the track. They're board That's the only reason they exist. People don't breed them to cuddle them. They breed them to race them. Do you see a dog racing? Dog's doing its job. It's not a cuddle dog.
Speaker 1: This woman, this woman was cuddling with her greyhounds.
Speaker 2: It's all bod that's weird.
Speaker 3: No, she was.
Speaker 1: She was a great human being. She saved these She rescued these dogs. So she had she rescued five of them. Yes, you sure she wasn't starting up a track of her own. You know what, I only saw her. I only met her one time. I don't know what she did. You know her downtime? Yeah? Okay, Shay and Irving podcast Is that on hold this week?
Speaker 3: No, we're recording tonight with this Phillies fan. Uh. He's going to get super drunk and they were going to talk shit about the playoffs.
Speaker 1: But once again, there's no meds for you, there's no drinking for you. Everything is on the street and narrow.
Speaker 3: It only meds. I get to the ones that the doctor gave me for the anti psychotics. Okay, but no gummies, no Danny, no weeds for toddlers. I'm over it. You know, you go to New York City, you get off Grand Central and yeah, you know, there's a homeless guy asking for money, and there's people yelling, and that's part of life in the city. Everybody loves it. But then it smells like fucking Jamaica. Everywhere you go, somebody's smoking a blunt or a fucking joint. It's enough.
Speaker 1: There's like the RV dispensaries that are just like parked around.
Speaker 3: I'm not allowed to smoke a cigarette in a public park in New York City and this dude can light a blunt right outside of Grand Central. Get your shit.
Speaker 1: Together, man, isn't a blunt a joint? And isn't a joint a blunt?
Speaker 3: No blunt weed wrapped in a cigar?
Speaker 1: Okay, dang it, dang well, that'll tell you where I am on that on the only like Shay gave me chocolate gummies. This is a couple of years ago, and it knocked me out. I mean the next morning I couldn't drive. Was there a mystery dosage in It was a small piece of chocolate, and I thought, you know what, I'm gonna take you to go to sleep. I woke up and I said to my wife, I said, hun, I am messed up. I think as a rule of Shay gives you something and says, I would never know. But I lucky it wasn't something different. He would have told me if it was acid or something. But yeah, this messed me up.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: I came into the man cave and I said to Paulie, I said, look, I'm messed up. I even said to Seaton. I figured that he might be able to tell me how I could. I was drinking water through the transition. I was like, oh my god, it was fifteen minutes before airtime and I am still flying, and I'm like, god, damn you Shay and I and all of a sudden it got to be like four minutes before the show, and I'm like, oh god, I finally came down. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I'd rather eat like a sheet of acid than do that. I hate it's.
Speaker 3: The problemly got like you eat a ship ton of weed at night, and it's a great sleep and like everything's great. You wake up in your fucking rip. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, it lasts too long. Too long, is the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why it's smoking. Makes a lot more sense the edible ship, Like, Okay, you got to be like in a good space and all that. But we for it's for kids, man, let's just for kids. Let's do some real drugs. Let's get some like scientists, you.
Speaker 1: Know the room, some research chemicals. You don't need many. You don't need anything. That's true. We've invented some great stuff over the years. You don't need anything, all right, all right, so I'm sure you do.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We've done everything that we need to do for bad Larry at the Jersey Shore for Scheha in Bahamas. We got Ray here, Dylan here, marve yours truly. Have a great weekend, everybody, and we'll talk to you next week.