Speaker 1: Get inviting indy, you write with me and get excited about your life.
Speaker 2: Guess what I did a thing.
Speaker 3: I did a thing that I had dreamed of doing for nearly damn there forty years.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're following me.
Speaker 3: On social media at doing Dai speaks, but I recently performed at an open mic. And it wasn't just any open mic. It was a hip hop cipher freestyle where they played the beats and we spit the lyrics.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The reason why this is so important one because this has always been a dream of mine, But then also two. I was planning my birthday, or I'm planning it now, and I was talking to a friend and she said, Dawn, why don't you do an open mic, invite some friends out. They'll show you some support and you could live.
Speaker 2: Out your dream. And I said, that sounds really good. Let alone.
Speaker 3: A few days later, I had another friend reach out to me, who I've taken a few in prop workshops with. They were driving home, Dawn, I saw an open mike.
Speaker 2: You want to go?
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, this is an alignment. I was just talking to one friend. Then this comes presented, and it's at a theater that I've been to before for various poetry slams. Well, that same friend that invited me out built on me the day before. But I said, I'm still going, one because I purchased a festival pass already, and two, well, I'm stepping in what I want to do and I can't allow any distractions or anybody else's decisions to hinder me from being and evolving into my best self. So as I'm driving on my way to theater, I was like, all right, I'm coming up as Dawn Hill. Now. Down Hill is my legal name in case you may not know, and Dawn Day is part of my name too, but that's part of my middle name. But I said, I want to get back to the core. I want to get back to the heart of the matter. This is something that I have always wanted to do, So let's start with the Lord. These are my thoughts as I'm driving up there.
Speaker 2: So I get there.
Speaker 3: I get to the box office, all right, they checked me in. Then I had an individual say, oh, are you going to perform tonight? I said, what, I don't have anything performed. They were like, it's okay, I just go off the dome. Well, challenge accepted. Listen, we here for a good time, not a long time, and tomorrow it ain't promised.
Speaker 2: So I put my name in that hat. So now I'm thinking to myself, I said, doing what we gonna do? I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to another brother that wanted to sign up but that didn't and they were like, oh, what if I embarrassed myself? I said, listen, the worst thing that can happen is that you die. Everything else is not on the void. They decided not to do it. I still did it. We get in there. I'm looking at that stage, I'm like, don you got to do this? I say, yeah, don't even know what's about to come out, don't even know what to expect, all right. Wasn't even sure if I was going to get called up because they were only selecting five names. Well, I ended up being one of the names selected. Come to find out they had a prize. Didn't even know that they were giving away a prize. First place five hundred dollars, second place to fifty. We go through the rounds. One person gets a beat, they flow. The next person gets a beat, they flow. The audience chooses who they want to go on to the next round. Well, first round succeed, second round succeed, third round. This is the round that dictates the five hundred dollars winner and the second place two hundred and fifty dollars winner.
Speaker 2: Now the brother that I battled.
Speaker 3: Well, just so you know, I got second place two hundred and fifty dollars and the brother that I did battle. Not that it means anything, but that it means something.
Speaker 2: How does all? Mike Okay.
Speaker 3: Was beat boxing machine and has done poetry for over fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Here I am.
Speaker 3: I spent a line here and there, you know, go with the flow, letting it go, but never doing the real thing. So it was actually an honor to lose, I guess in a way to him. But I mean, essentially I still won. And how I want is because it so happened that this brother was holding a cipher or is holding a cipher on the day of my birthday, Saturday, April nineteenth. Don't play with me, play with yourself. Me. Showing up allowed Dawn to give a gift that was ungifted for years, and understanding that I was the only person or only thing being that could give it to myself, took.
Speaker 2: Me, damn near forty years.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're waiting on, and I don't know what's holding you back, but I'm telling you got to go after and get it. They say the richest place in the world is the cemetery because so many people die with their dreams.
Speaker 2: Don't let that be you.
Speaker 3: You got greatness inside of you, and you can't allow this fear of regret, this fear of not having enough money, not looking right, not having the right size, the right complexion, the right skin tone hold you back. Living is for the living, and if you hear my voice, that means you're alive. It makes me think of this track by Landrelle entitled flow State, and in it he says, I'm just going with the flow state. And in it he says, I'll be in a flow state Floa state. Everything is okay, okay. I don't know what you're tripping about, but you just gotta go with the flow. In fact, he says, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Going with the flow, catching all the waves, Catching.
Speaker 3: All the waves. I mean what we say about the way a wave goes up and it goes down. It's this body of water that causes moving. But oftentimes when we catch ourself facing a wave. Many of us are gonna duck, We're gonna shield, We're gonna hold our breath. But then you have those others that are gonna pull out the surfboard, stand up tall, and ride it, knowing that they're going up only to go back down. And chances are they have a possibility to go back up.
Speaker 2: So what say you?
Speaker 3: Are you ribbing yourself of the possibilities in your life for you to tap into your greatest potential, tone you to rise to the occasion, for you to feel the endorphins that can last you a lifetime, but only take a moment a second to create. He continues on to say, I be in a flow stack. I never force it. Faith and persistence are so important, avoiding resistance with make none choices. I say a prayer, Let the universe endorse it.
Speaker 2: Don't play with me. They say life and death are in the power of the tongue. What are you speaking?
Speaker 3: You gotta speak life over yourself, okay, because that life is a vibration. That vibration is that energy, That energy is what produces life. Why do you think they say life and the death are in the power of the tongue. Perhaps we don't seek the life and death and the power of the tone because we're afraid to grow, We're afraid to change. Landrell continues on all in my orbit, I'm changing, I'm morphine, rise through misfortune, allowing. My source and my origin are so divine, I'm so aligned. I know it's mine, and so it's mine. You gotta speak it, you gotta claim it. What the clarksist to say, name it, claim it? Hm.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to get into your flow? Stay?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be uncomfortable because it's gonna require movement, and oftentimes movement is growth, and growth requires change, moving out of one position into the next. Lndrelle closes out saying, love where you are in the flow. Trust where you are in the flow. Go with the flow, Grow with the flow, don't resist the way, go.
Speaker 2: With the way. Better, stop playing with me, and most certainly, stop playing with yourself. We here for a good.
Speaker 3: Time, not a long time, and God willing we here for a good time and a long time.
Speaker 2: So let's make it count. Step into your flow state. All right. That's it for your dose of Vitamin D.
Speaker 3: Be sure to follow on all social media at Vitamin D Dawn Day and if you would like your own.
Speaker 2: Dose of personal Vitamin D, that be me baby.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on all social media at Dawn DA.
Speaker 2: I speaks all right. You know.
Speaker 3: I'm in the business and making dreams come true and I damn show make gon forget about mind. So until next time, always remember you are your greatest as at get.
Speaker 2: Your Vitamin D.
Speaker 1: You right here with me and get excited about your life.