Speaker 1: The Around the NFL podcast has time traveled back from nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: Pero for President from the.
Speaker 3: Chris Wesley podcast studio.
Speaker 1: It's Around the NFL. Dan Hands is here.
Speaker 3: Greg Rosenthal gotta guess I'm gonna introduce in a moment, Welcome back, Mark, Thank you eighteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: That's where you presume that I went to.
Speaker 3: We were under the impression, at least I was, yeah that because we saw your Instagram Camp happ Big Camp Happiness weekend.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I my my.
Speaker 3: Concern Mark was posting pictures from Camp Happiness to well maybe okay. I thought maybe you got stuck in nineteen ninety two, hence Monday's absence. Because time travel can be tricky. Everyone knows that it's a basic knowledge about time travel that one thing goes wrong, one wire gets cross, you don't eighty eight, you don't get where you need to be, so and I see you back, Welcome back.
Speaker 5: I think the only fly in the ointment there is that I texted you right before the show to alert you that I was not going to be here. But I that that was not an option to me back in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: You could it could have been a time to release of a text. That's what I'm saying. There's just a lot of things.
Speaker 5: I think you you went to the most logical place concerning my absence.
Speaker 6: For whatever reason, ras Puro has really over indexed and mentions on this podcast in the last twelve years.
Speaker 1: He like love that adoor.
Speaker 2: He comes up a lot.
Speaker 1: I love that guy. This YouTube audience.
Speaker 5: It's a you know what, I will explain what it is real quick, and I mean unless we would like to introduce sorry, we're get us to okay, But like h I it's a series that I decided to do about like my guy friends from over the years. And it's like, I feel like guys are just constantly like I know, everyone's like guys are just getting slammed left and right, and so it's like kind of celebrating my manhood groups of friends that are that are male based.
Speaker 1: This is like what the elks are for, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we don't have that anymore.
Speaker 1: You can't. There's a moose lodge in my town. You enjoyed, let's do it.
Speaker 4: I would check it out.
Speaker 1: Our guest to my right, Andrew Siciliano.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, I'm enjoying this. It looked like Harry Potter robes there that first shot. We put up the maroon and the yellow. I don't know where we got those, but yeah, yeah, that looked that was good. What would you do differently if you could talk to your nineteen ninety two self, Mark Sessler.
Speaker 4: I don't think anything.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I think like you would like I think I'm confident talk to women or like.
Speaker 1: No, that was never a big issue.
Speaker 5: I think it's more like, if you change one little thing, I could be living in like Iowa right now, and I don't want to be doing that, so I wouldn't last butterfly effect. Yeah, I think like you might have a whole ton of bunch of stuff up.
Speaker 1: How about Ceciliana.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this two paths for Siciliano and at Syracuse the way I think it, Andrew always a great broadcaster, always, I'm sure had the drive to be so Andrew either spent almost all this time in the journalism building or or Ceciliano was the guy like doing play by play of beer pung in the toga at the frat parties, like.
Speaker 1: Which one is? Which one is the more?
Speaker 3: Let me ask the boys first more likely scenario toga party, play by play or nose in the books and on the mic.
Speaker 6: Get a man that can do both. I mean it's college. Most people are doing both or high achievers. I think like Andrew, they they know how to get it done, they know how to have a time.
Speaker 1: I had wrong.
Speaker 2: I had my nights out, don't get me wrong, but no, I was like, okay 's wrong.
Speaker 1: You strike me as didn't know any of those people.
Speaker 3: But that was because I went to an unserious institution, to Lane University in a.
Speaker 2: Great party town or are we on the couch right now? Part of it was probably too compensate for my lack of a social life. I threw myself into my work as a slightly awkward child. I'm like, I'm just gonna work.
Speaker 4: I can also attest.
Speaker 5: I went to Ithaca for like a semester, but at one point, like the weather up there, I'm not good. Yeah, like I would say as a college student, like if you're a guy, females literally disappear off terra Firmer.
Speaker 1: They go, They're gone in April.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there is no terra firma. It's all covered in ice and snow.
Speaker 4: It's a disaster.
Speaker 2: Seasonal depression is year long in central New York because the sun dies, it does not live there. I remember calling my mother up my sophomore year saying, no, Mom.
Speaker 1: You don't get it.
Speaker 2: The sun doesn't live here, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: That's why I also you, that's Central New York, Western New York. Why the Bills needed to get a Super Bowl. We got to give the Bills a Super Bowl. Those are people that have earned it just through the weather quotion.
Speaker 1: Well, they're going to have They're going to have a roof.
Speaker 6: And I am excited that Mark is celebrating the revival of men's friendships and how important this is. And I'm going to bring that up the next time. It's so hard to get him to show up to a dinner with the two of us.
Speaker 5: I had a couple photos of you in there, Freg, so you just you go check it out.
Speaker 3: I appreciated that. Oh yeah, there's a great one, Wes and I good hair.
Speaker 6: I look a lot younger there, I look a lot younger in the old news.
Speaker 3: You look twenty one years old there. All right, West is toast Dwayne mine, I believe in the back. Yes, yes, great Chris Westling, Okay. So today is our annual springtime spin around the American Football Conference. Andrew is going to help us out. Happy to be here, Gore for providing, Thank you for joining us. We're going to go three minutes on each team in the AFC, starting with the East all the way to the West. On Thursday, we'll do the same thing again with Patrick Claiban in the fourth chair.
Speaker 1: So we mentioned the Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Bills without further ado, let's get this thing going. By the way, Eric Roberts, you need we need to connect with Eric. I know you've done this before, but a reminder that the this is not there's no wiggle room with the clock. If we say three minutes per team, we mean three minutes per team.
Speaker 1: We must move.
Speaker 3: If you need to use potential lethal force, Eric, you can and uh, well, look there's a clock. And for the first time we have a clock. Actually wow, the scoreboard. Yeah, and we get you know, we get three timeouts and you know, I forget it.
Speaker 2: Ironically inside of two minutes are their coaches challenge?
Speaker 1: Does the review challenges? But that's a nice side.
Speaker 3: I am a man who loves to make up games, and I love that wrinkle I'm going to think about that for a future game.
Speaker 1: Eric, did you have something to say? I did not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm dealing with some Wi Fi stuff.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 3: I can say you seem to be struggling a little bit, and I didn't know if you're trying to reach me about something.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm good. We're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, WiFi loves to take a crap at the best times.
Speaker 1: But I think we're good.
Speaker 2: I got the gun. That's the most important thing.
Speaker 3: It is a dart gun, and you are feel free to aim for the jugular, but nothing above the neck.
Speaker 1: Right, we're broadcasters after it.
Speaker 5: If we overspeak Andrew, after the three minute window, okay, the gun comes out and takes you out.
Speaker 2: Okay, no cattle prod. It's actually a shot from Yes.
Speaker 3: You can hear that, okay if you look in the corners of the room that they're mounted guns.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to it, Andrew.
Speaker 3: You are our guest, so you're gonna get us going, and we're gonna talk about those buffalo bills.
Speaker 1: Yes, do, let's roll.
Speaker 2: The buffalo bills. I remember sitting without that's a broadcaster for the bars with you guys in Hermosa Beach when you did your road show last year. Do you remember that last spring? And I said, this is the year where it's make or break for the Bills. The window is officially closing, and if they don't win, they're going to blow the entire thing up. I was not right, but I do think the window is closing. Sean McDermott is back, Josh Allen is back. The defense has to be torn down to the studs. Dig somehow is still there despite that cap number, though maybe that changes.
Speaker 1: On Draft Day.
Speaker 2: They bring in Curtis Samuel, They bring in mac Hollins, two guys not exactly known as field stretchers, but different and interesting weapons for Josh Allen. My question is, as they rework this defense, has the window closed on this version of the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 6: I think it's the first restart in employer leaving.
Speaker 1: He's in Miami now. MIKEA.
Speaker 6: Hyde we don't know about, but I have a feeling he's going to retire at Tardevius White like the defense has finally restarted. Had to do it. But that doesn't mean to me the windows closed. It just reminds me they are a lesser version of the Patriots, where you're like restarting. As long as the coach and the quarterback are there, you're restarting in certain ways. I just need to see Brandon Bean so a little bit of that magic. Because this whole thing started by getting great draft picks in great low cost free agents, and they've lost so many players on defense Floyd Jack lass and potiford Linvald Joseph, Jordan Phillips, Tim Selk all those guys in the secondary I just mentioned. They got to start replacing them with contributors in the draft and some low cost free agents because we know they don't have much money.
Speaker 5: They lost a ton of leadership too. I had a problem with their skill position situation a year ago. They seemed like one guy short, and I don't know if Curtis Samuel or mac holland solves that right now. I would say, though, with Josh Allen, especially in the AFC East where the Dolphins took a number of hits themselves, yes they have a chance to win the division, and then yes they have a chance to do anything with Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: It's interesting with Alan too because the window in some ways has closed because his contract situation gets more and more complicated, like the cap. He's starting to eat up more and more cap and that's going to continue to build over the next three years, which makes it more and more difficult. Now, it doesn't mean that they can't do it. I still think you mentioned Diggs Andrew. I just feel it that there's something there that gives them cap relief, that rids them of a player that might be starting to become more trouble and it's worth and they get to radically reinvent.
Speaker 1: And maybe some draft capital.
Speaker 3: The playmaker situation, so digs on the move before draft day is something I still see in the mix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so as well. And I'm gonna answer my own question.
Speaker 2: I don't think that the window is closed, but it is, as you mentioned, Greg, a total defensive teardown. They have to go younger and cheaper, which means that much more on Josh Allen's shoulder.
Speaker 6: But you know what, they resigned Toarn Johnson. When I look at their defensive roster, it's still pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's still good, not bad, right, I feel good Like I kind of started slowly.
Speaker 3: There no way to what is the end of it at zero? That's the point that the Miami Dolphins wait hold on.
Speaker 1: Now we hit zero. We finished our conversation. I was saying, that felt good.
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that is Welcome to the jungle Baby absorbed weaponry.
Speaker 3: The Miami Dolphins part of darkness. Here the Miami Dolphins. Okay, here we go. Where are we at with the Dolphins? H and can wen it down just a little bit some of the sound effects. My brain is about to explode. The Miami Dolphins are in an interesting place. Obviously a building block season last year. Obviously the TUA getting through a full season putting up numbers. Obviously, the season didn't end the way they wanted it to. They blew the division and then weren't competitive against the Chiefs. Now there's some greag. Salary cap is real. They had to make some moves to get under the cap and get in better condition. That meant they lose a lot of big pieces of their defense, including Christian Wilkins. It means they lose one of their best offensive linemen, Robert Hunt, and it puts them in a situation here now where it's going to be a test with new defensive coordinator Anthony Weaver to get that team in a good place defensively and make them a difference maker and not a issue with the same old questions. I'm sorry to say about the offense with Tua as a big time offense that could win a title.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go back to a conversation I had with Tyreek Hill name dropper super Bowl week. He was doing the tour obviously for Super Bowl Week, and we talked to him on NFL Network. The excuses are done, like show me something in January, and they're gonna be a good team. They're going to score a lot of points. I know they're reworking the defense. A lot of it has to do with the injuries and the guys coming back. New faces in there certainly as well. The names are less important to me than the results here with Mike McDaniel and TWOA and the pieces they have on offense. They haven't won a playoff game since what a decade at least. I mean, last time they were interesting the playoffs was when Matt Moore was starting in Pittsburgh and Tannehill was hurt. Show me that you could win. I don't care about the weather anymore.
Speaker 6: Right, I think the offense is weirdly the bigger question because they basically brought back the same group we didn't talk about on the show, but Toron Arms that is back with them. They ended up resigning Isaiah when like it's the same offense you bring in John news Smith. I do think it should be pointed out with all these people that have left and cuts and Zaving Howe and he's gone, they've had some of my favorite kind of like low watted signings.
Speaker 3: Kenna Fuller was a nice signing. Jordan Brooks I think was a nice signing.
Speaker 6: Jordan Poyer adds some like veteran know how in that second, they haven't done nothing. Shaq Barrett's like a good rotation guy still, so it's not like they've been totally quiet. My bigger thing is just like the offense, which is the same, is that same gonna beginning?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I on the offensive line, Like I don't like losing Robert Hunt. I think if it's when you don't have Tron Ormston in there, which you have to count on a couple games a year where he's not gonna play. It seems like at this point in his career you look at that like PFF set up. I don't love what's in front of two Ay and that causes a lot of problems for two when he's not help when they're unhealthy.
Speaker 2: Low key comments said to me when Anthony Weaver was named d C. Show me a D line coach who became a good DC. D line coaches generally can't coordinate the back end.
Speaker 3: That'll be fast and don't forget it. Sounds like trouble to entering the final year of his deal. So it is a big season for Miami, big decisions.
Speaker 1: New York Jets Greg Rosevelt.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, is there a bigger boom or bust this year or else team that we've seen in the last like twenty years. They signed Mike Williams since we last did a show. I think that's a good signing, especially for the structure, but it's just so typical. Williams is on a one year contract, injury risk. Rogers is year to year. At this point, I think it's safe to say both tackles Morgan Moses who they traded for and Tyron Smith that they brought in are on one year deals or on the final year of their deals injury risks there. This is just like the ultimate year to year thing, which is not good process.
Speaker 2: It usually doesn't work.
Speaker 6: And yet if I was a Jets fan like Dan, no one's ever accused me of this before.
Speaker 1: Someone said I was just being nice about the Jets on Twitter to like suck up to Dan. I've never done that.
Speaker 6: I'm saying you should lead into it this year because what other options do you have. I think they did the most that they could do with this offseason.
Speaker 3: On off I think I think Joe D's had a great seven days. I thought all the moves made sense in a vacuum. They also none of these moves for a team that's all in for this year. All these moves he's added, he's gotten the roster better without like burying the team like going forward. Yeah, so it's like very much about right now, right here, without selling the farm and mortgaging the future. And as I've said Mark multiple times in the last few weeks, like hashtag once, this only needs to work once, and I know it probably won't because history tells us that it won't. But this is a pretty damn good roster and if things click, this team is going to be good.
Speaker 5: I don't think Aaron Rodgers would have survived last season even if you wiped away what happened if run behind that line. They needed to address it. They've addressed it. I think Mike Williams of Healthy absolutely is a huge asset for Aaron Rodgers in the offense. My problem, though, is the experience of Aaron Rodgers grows a little stranger by the week. You're gonna that's not going to change, And you didn't have the internal self scouting and decision making and correct decision making to replace the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: I just don't trust Core Keen components of what the Jets have.
Speaker 2: Remember when Rogers had his end of season presser and he said, we need to avoid distractions. All right, great, thanks. If if he does run, which it sounds like he's not going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think he's the choice.
Speaker 2: We spent a lot of time on do we have to give because the equal time thing? Do we have to give equal time now to the other candidates on NFL network if he is a legitimate candidate.
Speaker 6: No, that's a question for you to give to our newsy our news director.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a Charlie Yuke conversation. I have very little faith and I like the guy. Tyron Smith has been playing for thirty five years. He came into the league at twelve years old that he and his back can hold up for eighteen weeks. So I think everyone likes to say, oh my god, they're going wide receiver now because they got the offensive line figured out. No, take fu Waga, take the best tackle here, because you are going to need one of those tackles. If Tyron Smith goes down, this whole goes down.
Speaker 1: And there on one year deals exactly, they'll take the dart once. Just only needs to work once.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Moving on the New England Patriots, Oh no, dart Mark Sessler should have gotten a dart select all right.
Speaker 5: What I do see with the Patriots is people are talking about it like Antonio Gibson, a true tonal shift inside the building with Girodmeyo. And yet at the same time, I look at a roster that really seems to be handled this offseason the way that a Bill Belichick operation would largely have done, which is a lot of resigning your own guys. There were whispers of them being attied to Calvin Ridley, no dice. There were talks about them maybe with a big time defensive player, negatory Mac Jones sent into Obstenia.
Speaker 1: That's a big change.
Speaker 5: But the Patriots went completely silent, and they could have had justin fields for a bag of spoons. I would have liked that concept. And then you go maybe do something else in the draft. To me, I just see a roster that looks it was one of the worst in the AFC. It looks very similar to me, and I think there's not enough change for yes, you're going to go get a quarterback, but it's that quarterback going to be in a good position if you don't trade.
Speaker 3: Sound like we I right now in Boston, people Patriots offseason relax. I have some patients. I like the idea that.
Speaker 6: I am encouraged by what they're doing, which is being patient. I disagree on some level that it's a Bill it's a Belichick type offseason because actually they kept players at high salaries that they know are good that he usually just kind of let walk. They gave Michael when You big money, like a lot of their best players happened to be free agents, and so they kept them. Kyle Duggar, good job hunter, Henry solid player, like they much money. They've led everyone walk for years, right, and but they kept players that actually, like to me, free agency is best done by going for role players and to be Jacobe Prisett, Tony, Antonio Gibson, a Corps for kg Osborn. Those are all good role players and I don't think they're done yet, and I think it all sets up for them taking a quarterback.
Speaker 4: You are running back a team that won four games though.
Speaker 3: Well the defense though on paper you're keeping young players I really like, but they're not really running back because they're going to make a big change at quarterback. Here's the question in that, I think all the Patriots ends I'm sure also.
Speaker 1: Talking about onn EI.
Speaker 3: Do you take the guy at three and for a team that needs so much work, or do you trade that pick, gather more assets and build the roster that way and still maybe take a quarterback. You have to love Andrew. You gotta love that for me if you're the Patriots, and I get the strategy of just keep taking quarterbacks, but you gotta love the prospect that's there at three to make that move.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I think you do move back.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. You don't take the quarterback for the sake of taking the quarterback. You have to be in love with the quarterback who is there for you at three. I love Jake Briskett. I know I wish the Browns had gotten Jake Briskett back in the building. If it means punting on a year on quarterback, even though next year's class is supposedly not good that, I'm for that. If you don't love that guy. I also want to ask, has anyone's seen the end of the dynasty dock yet? And and considering what Craft said about Belichick, when did he record that? Because there was no.
Speaker 1: Way did seven seconds? Oh it's too deep.
Speaker 2: But he couldn't have taken the shots at Belichick that he took if he knew that Belichick was going to be back this year. All right, No, no, no, no, A little bit of clock.
Speaker 3: I was at one. The clock management failure there is. That's a great time to call t O. Okay, so I'm gonna do it now. We're gonna to O.
Speaker 4: We need to know more.
Speaker 3: I don't know you're making like the twenty this is the.
Speaker 2: Twenty second timeout thing college basketball guy, I'm twenty second out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm definitely not. This is twenty that is twenty yeah? And what's the full tea.
Speaker 1: Time? All right? Here we go. Good to know what happened in this documentary. You guys gotta watch it.
Speaker 2: But I watched the final two episodes last night, and it's not in any way as if Craft, you know, assassinated Bill Belichick. But the last couple of episodes, he is pretty direct.
Speaker 1: In saying.
Speaker 2: It had to change, and Bill's no fun to work for, and it was miserable at times, and you know, tell us the story of Giselle coming in in the off season before the twenty eighteen season saying, this guy doesn't respect my husband. We're at it here basically came back how miserable eighteen was. He did not pull punches. He said all the right things about Bill Belichick, and maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but he said some very direct things where if Belichick were back on the podium come Draft weekend, it would be fascinating to hear him. Ask did you hear what he said there? Now? Bill wouldn't want to go back down memory lane. I have no doubt I said what I said in the dock and that's it. But there was some hmmm, I don't have an Apple TV. I will just like purchase this show at some point.
Speaker 3: Masters of the Air also, but the whole thing prematurely annoys me because of everything I've heard about it, which is that it's very much a Robert Kraft production, and it feels like, I can give you my sign it has a Brady slant to it, definitely, and then you feel that throughout all ten episodes. But at the end when it really gets good, you're like, wow, Craft just said that, but you don't know when he said it. You're saying, I don't know when he said it.
Speaker 2: And my question is, did he say things last summer where he knew this was it?
Speaker 1: Whatever this was. Maybe it was during the season.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was during the season when he knew it was over. Because some of the comments, you're like, wow, okay, do you want him to respond on the on an official team podium.
Speaker 1: To that m It's like, let's pipe down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My my wife works for Apple TV plus and Mark I just want you know, I don't appreciate the idea.
Speaker 1: Of sharing past.
Speaker 2: You've never seen Ted Lasso. Everybody's got to calm down about Ted lassoed LA.
Speaker 5: I'll note that then it does seem slightly unethical to announce publish.
Speaker 6: I was saying, I think there's a way you could just buy the show without getting up with the I don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a break and when we get back the AFC North. All right, we're all back, and now it is time to roll into the AFC North. Let's start with the North champs, the Baltimore Ravens, and fittingly it's Mark Sessler on Baltimore.
Speaker 5: I have always been an antagonist to the Ravens for obvious and overt reasons, but I actually think they have done something to set themselves very well up in the draft. Because they've got the thirtieth pick. Overall, you can take a wide out to pair with Za Flowers. It's gonna a great white out draft. You've got a second round pick, a third round pick, and two forths. And I think what you do there is you spend two of those to bolster an offensive line that lost some bodies, and then you have added Derrick Henry to this backfield. And if you are the Browns, if you are the Steelers, you are the Bengals, You're going to be spending two Sundays in autumn next autumn staring at Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson in a backfield creating total dark chaos and I cannot say it enough. Dereck Henry could have gone to the Texans, fine, he could have gone somewhere else. I think this move because I really think that the people are sleeping on where Derek Henry is and still in his career is still a bit. I think this is a perfect fit. I think he's gonna cause total chaos. I think the Ravens are onto something where I finally think if this works, they can win games in January versus completely melting away. But it starts with this draft and making sure their offensive line can do what it needs to do.
Speaker 2: And it also starts in January if they actually run the ball when they get into a playoff game, which goes not to Bingo this past time. I think Dereck Henry is a great addition. I feel like he's been a Raven half his life anyway. I feel like we've kind of wanted to see this right. So he follows McNair and Soamari Roll and Derek Mason from Tennessee to Baltimore. I am concerned though, with the tread on the tire, leading the league in carries in four out of the last five years. They need a lot of running backs and just fingers crossed you hope Keaton Mitchell's ready in September. I don't know if he will be, and he'll be that same guy JK. Dobbins, who knows you need a lot of bodies here. My concern is I need him healthy for January. Right, It's not Derek Henry in September. It's Dereck Henry in January. I feel like they need three more running.
Speaker 3: And I'll tee you up on this. Greg Kevin Cole, formerly of PFF. Now he's with unexpected points. They have a something called a Improvement Index points based improvement in NFL plus minus based on offseason roster and draft value. Raven's far and away the bottom of that list. That negative six LUs. Yeah, that's the other way to look at this, that this roster just isn't a strong.
Speaker 6: F They have a major incomplete and this is what they do. They do the compensatory pick game. So they wait and they sign players later and they get cheap. But this is a very difficult test for Eric to cost to the GM. I was thinking the same thing without having those numbers. If you just go onto the NFL Free agency page, on NFL dot com. And you look at the departures. I mean, it's like a Russian novel. Here it goes on and on. You just keep scrolling. I counted seven doom scrolling offensive players and six seven defensive players and six offensive players who had significant roles, including a big chunk of their offensive line. Three starters there. So they have still a lot of work to do. There's a lot of positions. You just look at the roster. They're a little thin.
Speaker 5: You have six picks in the first five rounds. Though, I think that I trust the three.
Speaker 1: You're lucky. Wow, you you you rolled that red light?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait a minute, get the shoot his ass It had.
Speaker 1: Stopped close ass away. I agree with that. I mean, he runs the red light.
Speaker 2: I point out that he ran the red light, and I'm the one that gets it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Welcome to the Terror Dome baby. All right, Andrew, your boyhood team. You've been the voice of this team. It's the Cleveland Browns. Okay, the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You got Judy and Jamis and those are the big headliners. I think it's interesting. I was on the radio with them with with what Browns Radio this morning. They asked me, are the Browns better now than they were ten days ago? I had to pause and think about it, and I think that they are. Jerry Judy is a steel for a five and a six. The contract. I can't wait to get under the hood on those numbers. Remember he had thirteen million left this year, so I think it's like a two year extension for maybe twenty six. Considering what Ridley got, I don't disagree that much with the deal. I love Zadarias Smith coming back. I think Quentin Jefferson is in under the radar signing that is good. I think there's no shot they're going to get Christian Wilkins. The thing here is Jamis and Flacco. I'd rather have Joe Flacco to be blunt. I know Jamis is ten years younger. The most fascinating thing about the Browns season to me is talking to Kevin Stefanski in Indy, Like I got this legitimate excitement to get in the lab with Ken Dorsey, like to have this intellectual rebuilding of the offense in the off season, taking the RPO stuff that they did with Josh in Buffalo and kind of mixing that in now and rebuilding this offense almost from the ground up. I would love to see what that looks like, and said I got a.
Speaker 5: Couple of quick problems with the Browns though, because number one, I think losing Bill Callahan is you're losing one of those two or three offensive line coaches that finds a magical way to make it work no matter who's in the lineup, and they've dealt with that. I say number two, the flack of things suggest to me that they were scared to sign someone who was too popular with the fan base. That's just how I feel great for the locker room too, or the locker room because I think the third thing is I would ask the question like I get that the we don't know where we are. Where we are with Deshaun Watson the player right now, that's a huge question mark. But where is the locker room with Deshaun wattson the person. I think that's just something that feels we don't really have a full, full, complete answer on that.
Speaker 6: I think the question they asked you is a good one because, and this isn't to take a shot at them just more than any other team. They've had very little departures and arrivals, which is fine. They have a lot of I think the Judy contract is.
Speaker 3: Gonna end up looking just fine. Actually I have no problem with that contract. But like they swapped out some linebackers. They're line back there, Jordan Hicks and Devin Bush.
Speaker 1: That's not great.
Speaker 3: But if that's your biggest issue, that's not a bad one. What version We haven't really talked about this a lot, but that was a ghastly knee injury for Nick Chubb.
Speaker 1: What version of Chubb returns?
Speaker 3: And to the credit of Stefanski and that team in Callahan and the fact that they were able to keep moving, keep on chugging on offense without Chubb, without Watson tells you that they could do it even if it's not the same Chubb. But I hope we get generational talent Shubb back this year, but we'll have to rate but.
Speaker 4: More RPO stuff like that.
Speaker 5: My one thing is when Deshaun Watson has been in there for various sample sizes, like we lost Nick Chubb on some level, we lost the same version of Nick Chubb. It's not going to change If they're trying to work more RPO Josh Allen type stuff.
Speaker 2: No one has any idea if he's even ready in September.
Speaker 6: You lost to Shaun Watson, the Houston version. That's what they need more than anything.
Speaker 3: Steve Smith said, Tier three for Judy. No, No, the clock that's way off. That's erroneous.
Speaker 2: You know, I will, I will say something about this.
Speaker 3: You know, shoe based on the chimes, Shoe pacers lay on.
Speaker 2: This on this one is compared to the one of them. It's kind of like on the a half second.
Speaker 3: You know, when I was building this out the first time I was, the chimes were the confusing part for me because I'm like, where do I get the zeros lined up for the beginning of the chime, the middle of the.
Speaker 1: Chime, the end of chime. You have a gun in your hand, You've got to be sure.
Speaker 5: But you've got like got Mark David Chappan behind the back there be careful.
Speaker 3: Oh man, imagine if we had producer Eric during the Cold War, the Cuban missile crisis just be rubble everywhere across the universe.
Speaker 1: All right, moving on, here we go.
Speaker 3: Talk about a dated reference, the Pittsburgh that's historical mark like.
Speaker 1: It is part of reference. It is part of.
Speaker 3: History, and that's it's a major part of world history. Yes, but it dodged the Pittsburgh Steelers. Okay, here we go. Anybody feel like potential little Arthur Smith redemption.
Speaker 1: Season s z N on the way? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, maybe though, because remember some guy what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 3: Always bringing up? Is it Peter Principal? He maybe got one one tier higher than he needed to be.
Speaker 1: But be on your skill set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was very much an effective play caller and successful in his previous stop in Tennessee.
Speaker 1: So what do you do? What do you do?
Speaker 3: Everybody's talking about It's biggest story line in the league, the quarterback room shake up in Pittsburgh. No one's had a more intriguing off season as they completely redid that room. Now we'll see what Smith can do. And I'm interested in how this all plays out, obviously with Russell Wilson and fields. But other than that, Greg, what have you seen in terms they've They lost Deontay Johnson, which I thought was a maybe questionable move.
Speaker 1: Anything else about this team that jumps out to you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't love a lot of their positions, but especially wide receiver. Their number two wide receiver right now is either Calvin Austin or Van Jefferson. That's a fiasco. So they wanted to get rid of Deontay Johnson. It's a bet on Dante Jackson. Even with adding Dante Jackson is a cornerback from Carolina like they are. Then Steelers fans are so excited because I think they see a little bit of different thinking by adding fields in Wilson. But I look at their cornerbacks, their wide receivers, their offensive line, some really big spots, and I see a team that looks rather incomplete to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it is worst roster in the division. I think it's safe to say they have it.
Speaker 4: They have the twentieth pick.
Speaker 5: I think it's just one of those wide receiver drafts where you could solve that problem pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: I love the Patrick Queen addition.
Speaker 5: I just think it's like I think it's it's an interesting quarterback experiment because Fields to be behind Russell Wilson or behind anyone like fans are gonna want to see Justin Field's asap, like the minute Russell Wilson sorts to create a snooze fest, Like Justin Fields is a bit of an interesting character to have as your number two and I think he'll start sooner than later.
Speaker 2: It's a fascinating experiment of quarterback and I think it's actually a really, really smart one. You got Russell for nothing. I mean, he was out on the curb, but they were trying to throw him away. You get him for free, and you get Justin Fields for free. If I told you mid season last year I can get Justin Fields for a six, you probably would have laughed me out of the room. And Arthur Smith is going to use him in situational run game stuff. I guarantee you that, right. And if you're Zach Orr or Jim Schwartz or lu Ana Romo, and you have to plan for the possibility of Justin Field's getting on the field, and then let's say Russell's either hurt or injured come October or early November, which seems to be inevitable. Right, You're throwing Justin Fields and maybe you saved the season, and maybe he doesn't even get to fifty one percent playtime and you still only give up a skit.
Speaker 6: But in the past, Arthur Smith is all about play action passing and throwing over the middle of the field and under center. Quarterbacks and guys who get rid of the ball quickly. Literally the exact opposite of Russell Wilson and Justin Fields, who to me, are very similar. I think they're similar, but it's different than what Smith has had.
Speaker 3: I trust Pittsburgh's ability to identify wide receiver talent. They do bring in knuckleheads at that position. Yes, they're good at the knuckleheads. Time out, by the way, Oh not a twenty. By the way, it's always Dan taking the timeouts.
Speaker 6: I remember I once took a time out on this show and was like, giving an e were scolder?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, because I think it's ironic for someone that's very plugged into clock management and you seem to be good at it when we're watching games, then you're kind of a mess when it comes back.
Speaker 6: You're like Sean McVay over here, we've blown two timeouts and we're in the first half.
Speaker 3: We were all on the same page about the Patriots needed to be done. I agree because the new guy, you know, he should have saved No. I wanted to hear what he said because I hadn't heard anything one left.
Speaker 2: We'd not point out that the Steelers should not have won the game. That Sean McVay gets ripped for his time out management and didn't have a challenge here when the Steelers were in town this past season, so they couldn't challenge the Kenny Pickett didn't get that fourth down keeper? Right? But do we all agree that Kenny Pickett was a yard and a half short?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Remember Steelers only made the playoffs because of that.
Speaker 1: Bs I was locked in a closet.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't remember anything about the Kenny Pickett Aaron Pittsburgh Week seven. Look, I love Russell Wilson. Fake tweets, Fly up a fake tweet, Russell Wilson. This is after the Justin Fields move. Let's get it Justin Field's QB room about to be triple fire emoji?
Speaker 1: God, what did you just love Russell Wilson? Just once? You know hashtag once? Be real? Like this sucks? Yeah? What was his true internal monologue when it's unfolded?
Speaker 3: Because we don't need it, like you don't need to like we know you are a competitor. You you are very much in the cross crosshairs of everyone thinking you're washed, like this is your last chance. Really, in a lot of ways, this is the last thing you wanted was to have Fields in the room. So just lay low and just think to yourself, I'm gonna I'm not gonna let that guy get on the field, but instead we get this stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, this kulb room's about to be fire.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, And if he said nothing on social media, it would be inferred that it's a cold shoulder.
Speaker 3: And let it be fine, let it be, Let it be, you know, for once, mister, don't be so completely preoccupied with your image.
Speaker 1: Just got his ass on the field and win.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think that it's actually a sincere Wow, we're better now with him.
Speaker 1: No, not with it us to you or to him. How about that game? You might be right?
Speaker 3: Okay, I could be a cynical bastard at times, but I don't really think that.
Speaker 6: In that game that he took a picture of Fields versus Wilson one of each of their better games of the season. I mean, Justin Fields had three hundred and thirty five yards four passing touchdowns in a game that the Bears put up thirty points or twenty eight points. Rather, it's like Justin Fields is a better player when he had Kenny Pickett as his backup. Russell Wilson was the better quarterback, and he had a guy behind him that the whole.
Speaker 2: Fan base disliked Russell. Now you've got a guy who's they're both going to start games this year.
Speaker 4: Buckle up, Wilson gone by Columbus Day.
Speaker 3: For those that are unaware, that is, I believe the second week of October.
Speaker 1: It seems to Flo you've.
Speaker 3: Also believe renamed the holiday is Indigenous People's Day. So again, Mark, if we can just be respectful of everyone around.
Speaker 1: Us, I'm out of this diamond Greggie on the.
Speaker 6: Bengals, I'm a sneaky big fan of Duke Tobin, who our friend Chris Wesleyan always used to give a lot of credit to who. I think this ownership has been tough to work for it, and yet he always makes it work. I think they've had a sneaky great offseason, maybe one of the better off seasons out there.
Speaker 1: They let Joana Williams go. You upgrade in talent.
Speaker 6: I believe with Trent Brown, who's every other year and this is by that logic, is his good year. It's his honeymoon year. You're keeping t Higgins. Don't let him go. It's still a nice wide receiver room there. You swap out Joe Mixon for Zack Moss for less money. I like that Sheldon Rankins, Gino Stone, even bringing back Von bell As just some depth. Like these are the types of moves I actually think that work in free agency, just filling these little holes with solid, rotational beans. They're smarter than they get credit for, and I think they are set up quite well to enter this draft not having any crazy big need doing whatever they need to do.
Speaker 5: And I trust Duketo, but I trust this Ross. I like like Mica Sicki to at tight end. They needed to address that position. I don't have a problem with Zach Moss paired with Chase Brown. I think they are a target to draft a running back and then a not great running back draft. It just seems like Zach Moss feels like a little I'd like him in Indianapolis slash year, but it feels like a little bit of a projection. I don't know exactly what you're getting there with that running back room.
Speaker 2: Zach Moss's numbers when Jonathan Taylor was injured early in the season are coming back from the contract and the injury and all that, We're fantastic. I think Zach Moss is a great move, and honestly, I think he's an upgrade. You finally get rid of the Joe Mixon. How long is he going to be here questioning? You ship him to Houston, and good for Joe for getting that deal. I agree with you. It's an upgrade here in the offensive line if Trent Brown, if you get the real Trent Brown, the guy that can actually play. It all comes down to whether or not you keep the quarterback healthy, period, full stop. It speaks to what they thought of the safety play last year. I know the big turnover on the second in the secondary was a question coming into the season. The signings show that they weren't exactly thrilled with it. They get their defensive tackle, although I don't think Sheldon Rankins was the number one target of the fan base.
Speaker 1: Here they get, but they needed it.
Speaker 6: They feel actually more win or not like else than the Bills. To me, yes, right now this year I feel I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like they're in similar places and.
Speaker 2: We agree there's there's not I'm sorry, no, Justin Jefferson trade here for t Higgins.
Speaker 1: That is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Those internet rumors. Shut up, Grow up, Peter Pantys. I missed the Bengals last year. I thought the AFC was a more great place without them. Burrow was only truly healthy for a couple of weeks, and what he was, it was like, Oh, there's Joe Burrow and there's Jamar Chase and we're having fun again. And then he disappeared with that injury in primetime, which was just like then the deer what started with Rogers on Monday Night Football? Like when Burrow went down, it was like, oh, come on, this season's annoying. Then somehow the Chiefs when the Super Bowl again without any weapons, get him back.
Speaker 1: Let's go, let's make the NFL more fun again. Joe Burrow in the mix, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, Jake Browning was watchable to say, I mean nothing else again.
Speaker 6: Let's calm down Westling brothers complaining about the Bengals offseason.
Speaker 1: I think they've had a nice Let's take a break. Actually, during breaks, little bumpers, we got a little legal room. You're gonna get some text from Nick Westling about that one.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna like that watchable. Bill will be a little bit more diplomatic. Nick might get fired.
Speaker 1: They're just like, what are we doing?
Speaker 6: It's like, Okay, it's the first day of free agency. Let's let your boy Duke Tobin do his work.
Speaker 1: Let's underrate it.
Speaker 2: Let's do cook he's underrated.
Speaker 5: Mark any comments before we go to break. I am going to stop talking for a little bit. After what happened before. I am very happy. I'm very happy for that for that holiday and everyone, and it celebrates.
Speaker 3: The Italians don't like sharing the holiday, but we're gonna that we could do that as a that's a separate pie guest.
Speaker 1: Well, well fine, I'm I'm not going to say another word. Save us for October thirteenth podcast.
Speaker 7: We'll do s take a break, We'll be I'm begging you to shut up, right everybody, I saw that coming.
Speaker 1: As repulsive and can never be screenplayed. I thought it was good. I mean, what happened. That was for Monday. That was for Monday Show. Give a physical breakdown, We try things, we explore the space.
Speaker 3: It was Somalia Monday, Monday.
Speaker 1: It was Somalia Monday.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go the a f C South, Greg Rosenthal, get us going with the division champion Texans.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Walker's new favorite team, Big Nico'collins and c J.
Speaker 3: Stroud fan. He wears that T shirt everywhere, But I'm focused.
Speaker 1: On the defense. He awarded the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: He did one of the only people wearing a CJ. Stroud T shirt to the Super Bowl. I'm focused on the defense because that's what they're focused on. They basically brought back the exact same offense so far, other than swapping in Joe Mixon for Singletary.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 6: Whatever, fully fought to Kassi Deniko Autry. You swap out Grenard for Daniel Hunter, you bring in outsaier at linebacker, Like how good can this team be? Basically if they are right about these defensive moves, because I think they looked and I don't think it's crazy as this as a window to win now, but they looked at it like our offense is good enough.
Speaker 1: We need to help this defense.
Speaker 2: For Demiko, I think they will be a trendy Super Bowl pick in the AFC. I don't think they're going to make it to New Orleans, but I think they're going to be a trendy pick. On the power of the quarterback, and the quarterback is now officially a drawing card when it comes to free agency, much like Joe Burrow was a couple of years ago when he burst onto the scene.
Speaker 1: I think they might be in that kickoff game. Wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: Would not surprise me at all. I think this is a good team team that has really elevated the entire division. A year ago, we were sitting here saying what are the Jaguars and don't get to them later?
Speaker 1: What are the Jaguars? Are they?
Speaker 2: Are they a real contender or are they just a good team in a really bad division. I think now it's what are the Texans? Are they a legit contender or a good team in a mediocre division. I think they are a legit contender if they could run the football, and that's the key.
Speaker 5: I think mixing helps as much as we might be fine with the Bengals moving on from Joe Mixon, I think they've showed a commitment to him with a contract that he's had a big role.
Speaker 4: That was a problem for them a year ago.
Speaker 5: I thought they were maybe going to address wide receiver in free agency with someone significant. But it's good news for Tank Dell and Nico Collins that.
Speaker 6: They did exact same receivers, the same same offensive line.
Speaker 4: The one thing is.
Speaker 5: I mean some of these teams, when you're a frustrated fan, where it's like a you're a year eight of a ten year rebuilding process.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: I can't think of.
Speaker 5: Too many teams that flip the switch as quickly as they have. Undert they were a dead zone, they were a wilderness a number of years ago. They completely have transformed that, and I like them as much as the Bengals or the Bills go deep into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I mean I felt that way last season.
Speaker 1: Thanked Ell suffered a bad leggadar. I think he broke his leg. He's up and running.
Speaker 2: However, this week everyone says he's great, and they have a second round pick for a wider.
Speaker 1: So that's great.
Speaker 3: They do not have a first round pick after their trade with the Viking, so yeah, I think they're telling you, we like what we're building. So they've kind of kept the roster more or less intact and they're going to see if they can build off year one with Stroud.
Speaker 1: You can't blame him for that.
Speaker 6: Right, I Mean, it's amazing luxury to have that sort of continuity with a relatively young roster on offense. But there's plenty of veterans sprinkled in there where it's like literally the exact same group in year two under slowk. I mean they're expecting that growth to just come from, you know, everyone knowing what to do.
Speaker 3: Expectations can be a bitch. Moving on the Jacksonville jack u ares with Mark Sessler.
Speaker 5: And to Andrews's point, I felt the same way about the Jaguars that you know, a year ago they were the centerpiece and a team that we were focused on as a playoff new sense that could go do things we didn't expect. But they've already tumbled behind Stroud and the Texans and arguably even maybe the Colts with Anthony Richardson in like the AFC South sexiness rankings, and I do like what they did though on one level they didn't overpay for Calvin Ridley. I think that showed that was a smart move to not do that. I thought Mitch Morris at center makes their offensive line tougher and nastier. I love adding along with keeping Josh Allen. Eric Armstead was about the size of a front door to go a lot next to freight Trayvon Walker. They can stop the run that matters against the Colts it's going to matter against the Texans. That said, this is a team that went one in five down the stretch, and it kind of made me question kind of the soul of the Jaguars, and do you also feel a little suspicious about what this team's ceiling is.
Speaker 3: I think so much goes back to and I feel like we've been talking about this a couple of years now, but Trevor Lawrence and whether he's going to become that dude, and he showed signs of it the previous year. Last year was he was just ruined by injuries, and so I don't want to I think people are like, well, everyone's so high in Houston. I think people are a little quick now to just just say Jacksonville's in the deep background, because I think if you can get a healthy year out of Lawrence, that's going to cover up a lot of ills in this team and they may be more competitive and even be a team that could win this division with better health and circumstances.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this real quick. It is heading into year number four for Trevor Lawrence. It is that offseason like with Herbert or Burrow or Josh Allen where you write the big check. He is now extension eligible. Do you write Trevor Lawrence a big check this summer?
Speaker 3: I would same, I would because the price only goes up.
Speaker 2: Correct, But what's the price Remember the Dolphins punted there the Tua concussion.
Speaker 1: Issues last year.
Speaker 6: The price is lower if the further you're out from free agency. And I guess the larger question is is there any chance they're not giving it. I'm a contract extension at some point, I would say, no, they shouldn't consider that.
Speaker 1: So with that in mind, just sign him. Is that what you're asking?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Like, do you really see him the top ten top that he hates the guy now?
Speaker 2: Trent Balkey on his end of the year presser said, Josh Allen's not leaving, will tag him or do a deal? And yay, guys, let yes, Trevor is our guy. We're happy to do.
Speaker 6: I think he's a step below the top seven or eight guys, so the contract becomes annoying or tricky.
Speaker 1: But what else are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: Because to me, he's very much ahead of He's way ahead of the Dalton line.
Speaker 3: I would say his NFL career so far has been a be But that's the problem. Is he came in Towder's a generational quarterback, and that's I think a little bit of a tax that's working against him. I think there's room for him to develop and grow. I think those are the guys you bet on.
Speaker 5: And look how he finished year two when he was healthy as one of the best quarterbacks down the stretch in the league. And last year you're right he was derailed by physical ailment.
Speaker 1: Hard to judge.
Speaker 3: I like the artful dead move so much, one of my favorites all off season. Agreed the Indianapolis Colts with Andrew Siciliano.
Speaker 2: Oh, sarahcuse graduate and let me pull up my Colts free agent track. The Orange Man on NFL punto com well speaking of Orangemen. When we start the clock there it is bam speaking of Orangeman. Zire Franklin, congratulations on your new field.
Speaker 1: That's a broadcast.
Speaker 2: The Colts obviously made a point of keeping in the building with Michael Pittman and zay Or Franklin. I feel like this is very much a Chris Ballard incomplete conflicting on who you want to believe, on whether or not Lugarius Sneed is a legitimate target. I feel like they still, however, have a have a move to make here somewhere. I love the Flacco move, and I know I'm being a Browns homer here. I think Joe Flacco, this version of Joe Flacco, not the I'm tired and I don't like Lamar is here and I want to get out of here. Joe Flacco that we saw in Baltimore, but the one we saw last year helps Anthony Richardson immeasurably. And I think there is a good over under to be had here. How many games, considering Richardson's injury pasted last year, does Joe Flacco actually start? I'm gonna go over under five and a half?
Speaker 5: Whoa, because I think Richardson it's the concussion thing in the way that they want to use them. I could see that happening. And I think you mentioned this Greg previously, that like Shane Stikeen, it's a lot of shows confidence to go have Anthony Richardson, but then also say I can build an offense on the fly around Joe Flacco too.
Speaker 1: They're two completely different human.
Speaker 6: I love that you pointed out the Steed news. So there's been some reporting that Titans Colts are possibility for sneed. Him and Marshawn Lattimore are two really big names out there that are going to change someone's offseason, and the Colts would make a lot of sense because if you go to the NFL dot Com, it's a bunch of resignings.
Speaker 1: Seven of them.
Speaker 6: They resign Moss, you know, Zach Bosson Minshew are the biggest players that left, so almost no one's gone out. If you go on Our Lads, which has the best depth charts, it's highlighted if you have any new players. I did this exercise for all the AFC teams today. They are the only team without any highlighted players in their starting lineup. They have the twenty two essentially same starters as they did a year ago, or at least people that were on their roster a year ago. So they've they've made almost no I like Raykwon Davis is a nice rotation guy, and that's it. They're basically running it back. I think they have another move to make.
Speaker 3: The Colts this is from the athletic committed one hundred and seventy million to hang on to their internal guys, Pittman, Franklin, Grover Stewart, Kenny Moore the second good players, and I think, like Houston, I think they believe in what they're building. And it's easy to forget now, but Richardson really flashed in between the injuries and you can't look you can't look past the head stuff and then how his season ended. But I really think there's a reason for a lot of excitement around this team. And yeah, I still see him as a dark horse. Did you say five and a half?
Speaker 1: Oh and a half? That's rue. I'm banging the under just out of hope and optimism real quick.
Speaker 2: I was in Indianapolis Week six last year Brown's Colts, and I was right after they had shut Richardson down for the year, walking around town and in that building, you thought their season was over. Nobody has any reason to come to any game the rest of the year. And look what they did. Good Jane Steike and can coach. He's a great coach.
Speaker 1: Good GM.
Speaker 2: I'll take it, like, hold on, do we have to wait until that very last note fades into Bolivian or somebody once.
Speaker 1: Said you take the shot? I mean, I don't think these rules confuse me. Take it from the sixth floor of the book depositibs.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Also, these darts appear to have no effect on a human.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling losey. I have to say book depository. Check out the new Rob Ryan or JFK podcast.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about it all time out? Okay, Dartum can't talk in the middle of the segment. I mean, this is just it's Tennessee Titans, all right. Where where are the Titans at now?
Speaker 1: Okay? So Derrick Henry out the door.
Speaker 3: They also lose Aziz al Shayer, Jean Murphy, Bunting, Deniko Autry. Okay, but we add Calvin Ridley, Tony Pollard, Lloyd Cushionberry. That addresses three major areas of need for this team. You get Mason Rudolph in the building. So here's my question. The seventh overall pick they have. They have Will Levis, and they seem to really believe in Will Levis and and maybe that's fine to just turn the season over to him with a nice supporting cast and see what happens. But I wonder, like, move the sticks Jeremiah. He's saying Joe Alt's the guy, and everybody loves Joe Alt and adding someone after the Andre Dillard. This fire makes a lot of sense at left tackle, and you further build around this prospect.
Speaker 1: But man, if.
Speaker 3: There's a quarterback you like, not gonna seventh, but maybe you get a little ballsy and and and trade up and make a move. I'm just saying, are they laying in the weeds a little bit on a quarterback?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think though, they would love a quarterback to fall there so they can get out sure and get more.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that is their perfect scenario.
Speaker 5: They're pretty committed to to let'say. It's a new coaching staff, so that was a question mark coming in. I mean, this is the team that added Bill Callahan. I think that matters. So the issues around the offensive line were terrible for every quarterback the past couple of years in Tennessee. They weren't great for the ground game, and so getting the best tackle makes a lot of sense. I think it starts right there to keep your quarterback safe to have a functional offense.
Speaker 6: They still have the third most amount of cap space in the NFL. There's too many teams with too much cap space. They have forty six million dollars. Well, what was the point of all that they have no good players to spend it on. So I guess that's the reason that they played a lot of good players great money. You know, in terms of Ridley, like a Woozy is coming off of a down year. They are kind of slipping a little back into the background here. They're the least exciting team now to me in this division.
Speaker 3: I just I don't want to because we've been a little critical Tennessee and I don't want to go too far down that road. But I just didn't see it with Levis the way the Titans see it, and they're gonna develop him of another year it looks like.
Speaker 1: But I just think they should get some moments.
Speaker 2: He had some.
Speaker 1: Moments the Steelers game in prime to he got.
Speaker 3: The one game had and how much did he really show us?
Speaker 6: He showed some big time throws, He showed some traits in terms of being able to read the defense.
Speaker 3: He also showed some you know, craziness.
Speaker 6: I think you just like, I think your point about Callahan is good because that's to me, the biggest reason to believe in this because otherwise it's kind of like a EH coaching staff and a roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm with you, Dan though, Like there's only one way to survive in the league right now, and it's to have the best possible quarterback you can. And like Levis could just be a one year realization that this was not the guy, and then you've wasted a season and you.
Speaker 1: Could have had Dereck Henry with Brian Callahan and a rebuilt.
Speaker 2: Off that made that decision. But then you're paying a thirty year old running back who.
Speaker 1: Has You're paying tiny Tony Fire just as much. That's fine. I like that combo him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, they're the worst team in the division.
Speaker 8: But I think Pieces, good job there.
Speaker 1: Pieces.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means discipline.
Speaker 3: I was really nervous for you there, because you've taken many shots to the body in the throat area.
Speaker 1: The jugular took a couple of hits, but that one you landed beautifully.
Speaker 2: I feel like Indiana Jones here floating down the river on a raft, just getting the blow.
Speaker 1: Dart.
Speaker 3: Now, don't give them the dart because now we're heading into a break. We have a little bit more.
Speaker 5: I don't get the rules around this, the darts situation on any level.
Speaker 3: What what's pretty clear? Good night now? Let's take a break and hit the AFC. Weist all right, we are back. It is time now to wrap up this path around the AFC in forty eight minutes. And let us start with me, the Zuzzar and the Kansas City Chiefs, the defending Super Bowl champions.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hollywood Brown in the building, MVS out of the building. I guess it's an upgrade. I'm not that on fire about it, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Lagarious need, as we just mentioned earlier, still on the roster on that franchise tag.
Speaker 1: Is he the guy the chess piece that.
Speaker 3: Allows them to bring in that real piece they need on offense and to make an aggressive move, whether it's up the draft board or a player for player swap. I am so curious Andrew Siciliano, if the Chiefs really have the gall to go into another season with this type of skill group around them and Travis Kelcey another year older on offense, or are they gonna make the splash move that makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: I think they need to go go out and get a legit number one marquise. Hollywood Brown, although a nice piece and certainly I think makes that offense better.
Speaker 1: Is not in any way a legit number one.
Speaker 2: Go back to the trade with the Cardinals gave up a first round pick to get him on draft a couple years ago. Is still just dumbfounding to me, but happy for him that he found a good spot. You can get it a legit number one, likely picking at thirty two, you could, or you could try to make a move up. I think they're fine. I think they will figure it out one way or the other. I do think tackle is a concern. Certainly got to replace Donovan Smith, and let's face at Jwan Taylor, who lined up at full back for much of the season, seems like a questionable signing now a year past, It's.
Speaker 5: Not a terrible draft for offensive lineman. So it's same with wide receivers. The Marquis Brown thing. I don't hate it with this fit because it was a one year deal. They didn't know for pay him. Like in Marky's Brown was stuck in a run heavy Greg Roman offense in Baltimore and played largely without Kyler Murray for much of his time in Arizona. So it's like I think the Chiefs are the one A lot of landing spots for him. I would have been annoyed at this. I think is part of a larger plan. It's good for Rashid Rice. I think they draft someone it looks like a different wipe.
Speaker 6: I think he's a significant upgrade from Valdez Scantleen and he's cheaper. And the difference between this year and last year is you're going into this year kind of knowing Rashi Rice is a two plus maybe with room to grow. So now you have two guys that are guys you need one more. The sneed piece is massive. I do wonder if they're letting him test the market and see, like, hey, no one's given you that contract that you want, maybe it's not so bad to just come back with us for one more year because that defense man, they have great continuity for a defensive defending champion. They're quite young on defense with a lot of those same players coming back.
Speaker 1: Like I like that if I'm a Chief.
Speaker 3: It was Mahomes with some help obviously, just enough help, and then a great defense with a great defensive coordinator that got it done. I feel like also that they kind of got away with murder a little bit this past year where they had some roster flaws that otherwise would have sunk their season, but so many things broke against other teams around them. Thank you that they still won the chair. Reminds me of the twenty eighteen Patriots. Yeah, lesser team that won the tip.
Speaker 1: They dance with the devil and survive this year. Give yourself a better chance.
Speaker 6: The Raiders with Greggy all right, this is this hit a quarterback, this is it. We're gonna just go into giving the Raiders like five primetime games again and with Gardner Minshew O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Because man, they've been quiet.
Speaker 6: It's been a quiet like they swapped in Alexander Madison for Jacobs. They got a lot of work. I look at this is one of the worst rosters to me still in the AFC. Defensive tackle, huge need. Running back is a huge need. Wide receiver to me, they're kind of in there. Quarterback is certainly a huge need. They need quarterbacks like and Antonio Pearce has got a tough job and it's even tougher if that's really it, or do they do they move up for a quarterback.
Speaker 1: With this office send it to Antonio pierced.
Speaker 6: Well, it's it's almost saying if you get seven wins out of this roster, that might be a good work.
Speaker 2: Do you see how we finished?
Speaker 1: It's one of those.
Speaker 5: It's a team that kind of feels like they're just floating out in the ether, and I'm not sure what the plan is.
Speaker 4: You're stuck with the thirteen pick.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for a quarterback, you've got to move up probably to get the guy you want, unless it's the fourth or fifth guy off the board. It'll be the fourth or fifth guy off the board. But it feels very raiders as to just have to sort of settle for that. It feels like years in a row we're settling a quarterback, and even Wilkin.
Speaker 3: You bring in Wilkins in like, yeah, they still need another defensive tackle.
Speaker 4: They are the eighth most cap room.
Speaker 6: To me, they need a lot and they've been very quiet surprisingly other than the Wilkins move.
Speaker 2: I don't think Tom Telesco can come in and just tear the whole thing down, although there was only so much to tear down.
Speaker 1: I like the Wilkins thing.
Speaker 2: I would. I don't know that he's worth the thirteenth pick. I am a big Michael Pennox fan. I know DJ in his most recent mock draft mocked Pennix there and that would be spice is chaos, that would be spicy. We know because they are together at ASU that Antonio Pierce loves him some g loves loves, loves, loves, loves, loves loves. But that is expensive to go up there. That's the one the watch. But that I mean you are. You are selling Vegas time shares for the next five years worth of draft picks to move up.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't. Again, like we said earlier, don't force a QB pick.
Speaker 1: If it's not there. You want to be aggressive, go get it.
Speaker 3: But I know the Minchew story was a nice story playing in you know, a lukewarmed AFC South. If you send Minchew out there in the AFC West and you get the Chiefs twice, and I just feel like it needs.
Speaker 1: To be the backup or the bridge for I.
Speaker 6: Don't know if it gets out O'Connell. Even if this is it, I sort of can't believe this is it. They've had they should have done to me the Commander's type of offseason where it's like they role players. Just signed ten to twelve guys that can possibly play. Yeah, instead of spending all your money on just one guy, Wilkin.
Speaker 5: There's definitely another move to be made here. I just can't believe this is what they're going to try to sell to Raiders fans.
Speaker 6: And you know you got You're probably right. They probably get Pennix or.
Speaker 3: The piece Devanta Adams is there too. That's a major chess piece to play potentially.
Speaker 2: Cannot wait to see the Receiver show on Netflix with McDaniels and Adams.
Speaker 1: The Denver Broncos with Mark Edward Sessler.
Speaker 5: All right, Uh, Sean Payton, you know, came to Denver and right out of the gate, what are we doing there?
Speaker 3: You started talking before the I got to reset clocks and stuff.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you guys are quick on you say, I'm quick on the trigger.
Speaker 6: It's likening. It does seem Eric though we're taking your time. You tend to interrupt Mark more than others. Is that a respect thing? What it's going on?
Speaker 1: That seems to carry over?
Speaker 2: Producer by the way, all right here we go, Mark?
Speaker 5: All right, so hey fresh, that's that's that's I would say this like Sean Peyton, in a very Sean Payton esquay came to Denver and you know quickly slashes the pre v coach, old Daddy Hackett and old Teddy the team's troubles, so like it, We're in a fresh start now I'm here. Then the Russell Wilson, you know, it does what we expected him to do to some degree. And if you blame Russell Wilson to get him out of the building, I think it's interesting that this team has done literally nothing. They are cap strung there. It's a weird season. There's a depressing feel around it. But Sean Payton is running out of people to blame. And I always kind of wonder, like, how long is his patients for this project that they don't get someone at quarterback that he can work with. Maybe it's Bonnicks at this point, But do you believe still in Sean Payton as someone like you did with the Saints way back when he can fix all this mess? Or is it someone else gets blamed and then he's the fall guy?
Speaker 1: And I believe in Peyton still.
Speaker 3: I also kind of disagree that he's running out of people to point out because when he came in last year, he inherited Russell Wilson in an odious contract and it was almost like you had to get through last year just to kind of make your move through the Russell Wilson era, and unfortunately now you have to trade Russell Wilson. It's really why Sean Payton taking the job in the first place was a big risk because of the Wilson situation, because now obviously your cap strap for multiple years. So now I think is the beginning to me of the Sean Payton era. However, andreew I also think he has one hand tied behind his back and it's going to be challenging to get this team up and running this year and maybe even through next year.
Speaker 1: So it's a huge challenge.
Speaker 3: If he is as good as he thinks he is, and as he's proven in his past, we're gonna have to see it starting this year.
Speaker 2: I think they're another team that obviously we've all said this, you have to keep an eye on to be aggressive on draft Knight, to try to move up and get the quarterback because if not, then you are looking at Jarrett Stidham and Boick.
Speaker 1: I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know that that is the pick there either. I don't know what they're doing, to be honest with you, and they have a plan. You want to talk about a team, however, that has pressure on its shoulders, come draft Knight on April twenty fifth to do something.
Speaker 1: I think this is that team.
Speaker 5: It is interesting they had the twelfth pick and the Raiders had that thirteenth pick.
Speaker 6: That could change the division for a long time. No one's done less really this offseason. I went to check that improvement in dex I was just looking at it. I gotta say that Bronco's got to be pretty.
Speaker 1: They are twenty nine, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sider they got. They gave away Judy for a five and a six when they were asking for a two last year duty.
Speaker 6: They're starting QB and Russell Wilson, which you know they can replace. But Cushion Barry who played a lot for them, Josie Jewels played a lot for them. Well Justin Simmons who played a lot. So it wasn't a great roster to begin with. Who have they brought in? Like Brandon Jones, a safety from the Dolphins, who's.
Speaker 1: Okay, got well what's back?
Speaker 2: Oh wait?
Speaker 6: They brought they brought in some like forty sixth guy on the roster, players that used to play for Sean Payton, what a shock.
Speaker 4: We had no money.
Speaker 3: We close out the AFC with andrews Ceciliano on.
Speaker 2: The Chargers the third week of October. Gentlemen, last year, where were you? You're likely here, I'll answer, I think you might have been in London. Do you remember then, maybe from over there watching Sharon Moore in Michigan run twenty eight consecutive times against Penn State because they couldn't block.
Speaker 3: It was out after correct about how much he loves That's what I remember.
Speaker 2: That's what they're going to do here with your Chargers of Los Angeles. When their moves are will Disley, Hayden Hurst and Gus Edwards. That tells you everything. And then Mike Williams and Keenan Allen are both out the door. Everyone who thinks they're going wide receiver at five haha, No, they are playing big boy football. They might take Joe out then you you they could? You want to do a over under a Flacco starts? How about Herbert pass attempts per game like that? That's going to be like Twentyrew. Here's the problem with that. Thinking to me is that this isn't Alex Smith anymore.
Speaker 3: Jim Harbaugh's got Justin Herbert, who is a great young quarter Oh, you're gonna you're just gonna throw the ball into that Greg Roman.
Speaker 2: Look what they did at Stanford with Andrew Luck. Okay, it's fair they they played six tight ends. Right.
Speaker 5: Is there any world where like you are rebuilding the team to some degree and like you would ever move Justin Herbert?
Speaker 1: No, and get a different quarterback. Absolutely not.
Speaker 6: I've heard that fans thinking like, hey, there's this non zero chance we can get Herbert next to zero.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's actually zero. It is zero.
Speaker 6: Yes, So I've found because I'm like, what are they doing here? You know it's new GM, Joe Hortz, we don't know Harbor's back. It's been a long time. What are they doing? And it feels to me like they just decided to keep the defenses. You can only overhaul one side of the ball maybe per offseason, and they decide we're going to restart this offense. Because we're offensive coaches, we know how to coach up offense. We actually inherited quite a good offensive line on paper. We can add like one piece, but like compared the league average, this is a good offense line, a good quarterback, we trust that we can remake the offense and let's just kick the can down the court, you know, a year on defense.
Speaker 1: By keeping Mac and keep both.
Speaker 6: I actually think that's the smart way to do it, because they can coach up the offense maybe more.
Speaker 5: My one thing is like issues with Herbert with the last two offensive coordinators, like not quite using him the way that you'd want him to be used in certain situations, especially a couple of years ago, and so now you're going to put him into an offense that looks like a nineteen forty three creator.
Speaker 6: Get to see though they're very creative, They're very people are copying what they do in terms of their run game.
Speaker 1: Like there, they are a creative offense. I think even if.
Speaker 3: It's run for this, I thought getting rid of both they're yeah out wide receivers and Gerald Evertt was a choice.
Speaker 2: As they say, I see, I thought they might wipe both those guys and gotten rid of both end Matt.
Speaker 3: That's what I expected, and they did the opposite.
Speaker 4: They've got nothing. They've got Josh Palmer and nothing like Allen.
Speaker 3: If you want and keep Mike Williams or cut Mike Williams and keep keenan al. But now they've really put themselves in a pickle in terms.
Speaker 1: Of your lightning bolt.
Speaker 3: We did it and we went into the locker room with the te o, which also you don't want to do, but we did and that's okay too.
Speaker 6: Well, we had to get you know, Andrew to Beverly Hills, have a Beverly Hilton or something.
Speaker 1: What is going on the.
Speaker 2: You want to pull back the curtain on on the eligible Bachelor. I am of the South bed. I no, I'm going to be doing it. Was just announced today actually back for a third Olympics with NBC, and I'm going to be doing like a gold zone like red zone. But the Olympics did it for Sochi and did it for Rio and now we're bringing it back on the Peacock. What does that have to do with a ritzy hommer games. I'm getting there. It's not a hotel. Have to do a fitting for their wardrobe? Oh wow? So yes, yeah there.
Speaker 1: The reaction was a little more excited than I was fitting for the war.
Speaker 6: I mean that he's getting fitting. This is uh there, Well, Andrew stays in good shape. They're like, he's actually bigger than last Olympics.
Speaker 1: I'm actually smaller than last I met, like muscly or something.
Speaker 5: You did get the suit from NFL network with your name etched inside?
Speaker 1: Did did they spell your name right? They took? But you know what I did? I did?
Speaker 3: I said to back, really said, bring it back to me properly spelled they did?
Speaker 4: How did they spell it? What was they spelled Dan wrong?
Speaker 1: The n was after the z or something. It was an outrageous typo.
Speaker 2: I checked into the hotel and mobile at the Senior Bowl and you know the Mary It says on the screen, Hello Comma Greg right M seeing that? Yeah, it just said hello Siciliana. I'm like, we're talking to each other.
Speaker 3: And I will never complain about free stuff. It was a very nice gesture from the NFL. They that media summit, they fitted us for suits and everybody got a new suit, got to pick out the material.
Speaker 1: Really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't doubt that you appreciate shit.
Speaker 1: I tried on.
Speaker 3: I tried on the suit and it was like David Byrne in the Talking Heads documentary. I was like, I can't, this is not it's not a flattering look on the Zazza. I can't. I can't do this. So that ended up with a lot of issues with the suit as a turney, I liked.
Speaker 1: You've been through a lot, Dan, and we odd you know, we know that.
Speaker 6: Now we're no longer you know. Unfortunately NFL now is no longer a program. That was the only time I ever wore a suit in my life. So it doesn't come up too often.
Speaker 3: True, and I'm past the wedding phase, wed, so the idea of wearing a suit is becoming.
Speaker 2: You don't play bar mitzvos or anything like that.
Speaker 6: No, but Andrew trying to get me a job with NBC on their Olympics tennis coverage.
Speaker 1: I attempted to do that. He's not throwing up.
Speaker 6: Oh, I tried twelve years ago because my old boss, you know, runs things there and stuff I struck up.
Speaker 1: It seems like you have it in well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you hit it off the mic, big strikeout you and John mac This was like twelve years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andrew, you have said it all.
Speaker 2: He could have been the next Patrick McEnroe. Stop stop, Thank you buddy, Thank you for inviting me.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: Great spin around the AFC tomorrow, the NFC with the great Clay Bond how are we doing. By the way, Eric on the Clay Bond theme songs.
Speaker 1: I have a couple.
Speaker 3: I have a couple that we will debut tomorrow. Something that's something look forward ATM podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: And Siliano theme songs.
Speaker 3: Anybody, Oh yeah, anybody send him in, Send him in the ATM podcast. I especially the call is out for more Colleen theme songs.
Speaker 1: Be creative, keep it shut yourself, keep it on.
Speaker 3: A short joke for me and Colleen. That's a big one. Keep it short. This these three minute long songs that get sent in ours. What did we decide was the limit we want? Like twenty seconds, like a little sting, you know, thirty thirty thirty max. Yeah, this is we're not looking for November rain here. Yeah, thirty seconds max. Twenty seconds often nice, you know, put maybe a little fade underneath them when we you know, a little Belgian whistles. But yeah, nothing longer than don't test our patients exactly, but please give us your music. We would love it, all right, Andrew, good luck with the Olympics. Love you guys, Love you too till Thursday. You know what you gotta do, Greg, do you know what we gotta do.
Speaker 1: I've always known what you gotta do. Chris Westling told us what to do. I've got it on my arm. There it is, heath the call