Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny G Radio, as we hang out in the audio dojo on this third day of November, Happy Friday, Friday Friday, a big show ahead.
Speaker 4: You might be looking at this podcast if you download it and you say, well, that's not a very long podcast. It's the fifth Hour. It's not the fifth you know, twelve minutes. But Danny, there's a reason for this, the Great Danny G Radio.
Speaker 5: You're probably wondering why is this titled Friday Intro? Well, because later today Ben, you and I are both going to be there at the Breeders Cup doing a live Well, it'll be kind of a live broadcast because as soon as we finish it, we'll post it here. The rest of the racing story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm excited about this. This is very similar.
Speaker 4: The last time we did something like this together, Danny was at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Emmett Emmitt Smith.
Speaker 4: Remember he popped up on that podcast, one of the podcasts we did from the Super Bowl last year.
Speaker 1: So it's great.
Speaker 4: The fortieth running of the six million dollars Breeders Cup that is on Saturday. That's tomorrow, but today on Friday and Saturday, come on. There are fourteen races all together that builds up to the crescendo, which is on Saturday, the six million dollar Breeders Cup, where I'm told Arabian Night with Bob Bafford is the favorite in.
Speaker 5: The already gambling wells. Who is the superstar jockey that you're hoping is gonna come by for us to interview?
Speaker 1: No, well, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know the names of many of that. I don't think the jockeys I know are alive anymore. But I know like Bob Baffort's like a massive name. I've actually interviewed him before. He's a controversial figure in horse racing because he's won so much and people have made accusations against Bob Bafford he actually got I think he's still suspended from the Kentucky Derby, I believe for some kind of scandal.
Speaker 1: But he's like one of the big names.
Speaker 4: But actually I'm hoping, Danny that we could get like a Saudi prince or a king or a queen. They'll they'll be there as well this weekend. I'm excited. I guess I gotta like dress up a little bit to get out there, right because you don't want to look like a schlub.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be some.
Speaker 4: Important people that are gonna yea, then it's gonna be pretty cool. I'm fired up to see and I've not been to Santa Anita and a lot.
Speaker 1: I used to live you know where.
Speaker 5: You know, right there, yeah, right near there in the hills you were, you were a neighbor to the Santa Anita Racetrack back in the day.
Speaker 4: It was great because I had, you know, Santa Anita would hook me up and I go out there and hang out like just on a random, you know, Thursday or whatever, Let's go see some let's see some horses runner Friday or whatever in the afternoon, and there's a there's a great mall, big mall that I think it's called the Santa Anita Mall. Actually right across the way there, there's like a cheesecake factory over They used to go there and get the happy hour at the cheesecake factory.
Speaker 1: Uh, but but I'm looking forward to it all.
Speaker 6: One up you. I used to drive over there for your spaghetti factory.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go. That's not far away, just off the two ten freeway there.
Speaker 4: If you're familiar with geography in southern California, So I'm excited. Who knows who's gonna pop on and we're gonna have all things Breeders Cup by the way, we are, I mean, this is it. This is today and tomorrow. And if you still want to get tickets, they are available, limited amount of tickets available. We're gonna be there. I'd love to.
Speaker 1: Meet you if you're in Southern California. Obviously you're not. You're not gonna be able to be there.
Speaker 4: But sant Anita Breeders Cup World Championships today and tomorrow. And if you want to get tickets, you can get them still Breederscup dot com and full disclosure. Now you're gonna be out, Danny, You're you're doing the full Monty today, Right, you're there like all freaking day, you got all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as soon as I finished posting this to the Fifth Hour platform, I'm going to high tel it over to where we check in for credentials and parking and all that that. I'm going to get my ass over to where we're broadcasting live because I am in charge of the three main podcasts that are going to be recorded that are going to be recorded today and also going to be there for the live Covino and Rich show, which right after that at four pm. That's when you and I are going to record the rest of this podcast.
Speaker 1: The rest of the story, if you will.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So it's this is just a teaser promoting ahead and all. And while we're promoting ahead, you know, I've never been one to wore myself out, Dan, I don't believe in that.
Speaker 5: I know this is a salad with ranch. By the way, your waiter dropped this off at the table. First, I'm the salad ben as your ranch.
Speaker 4: That is incorrect. That is the devil's blood. That is a wrong take by you, bad job by you. I'm going to tell CoA and you're in trouble. Okay, you a little g You're in trouble. So I did want to say there is a television show that is on today.
Speaker 6: So how did I know this was coming?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I just want to recommend a good There's not a lot of good TV anymore. People have ripped television. I want to make television great again.
Speaker 6: Danny.
Speaker 5: Well, you haven't said a word about this to me off the air, but I've already heard swirling rumors that Looney almost got your TV show taken off the air.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we will talk about that on the Saturday Pod. There's a couple of things that happened this week that it was, let's say, a roller coaster ride on the TV show this week and you can watch it day. And The Maiden Voyage is on NBC Sports Boston tonight at seven thirty obviously Boston time. There's two showings, thank god, because the Celtics aren't playing tonight, so seven thirty and nine pm. We're on in Philly, Chicago, San Francisco, We'll be on in La tomorrow, New York City on Sunday, and I'm really looking forward to It's Benny Versus the Penny and we pick every NFL game. I gotta tell you, all things considered, this was the most interesting week we've had on the show. We've been doing this now for nine weeks, and this was the most interesting thing. So if you have not seen the show, I recommend it. I'm trying to put some clips on. I have not done that yet. I just learned how Danny. I feel like I'm a dinosaur. I just learned how to record clips night oh.
Speaker 1: And put them online. So I'm gonna try to do that.
Speaker 6: Covino keeps asking me.
Speaker 5: He's like, hey, tell Ben to put some clips of his TV show on.
Speaker 6: I want to see him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I feel bad, so let Covin know. I will put some up. But it is on if he has cable. If he does, but Spectrum sportsnet so cal. I forget who's on that station.
Speaker 6: That's Lebron James and the Lakers.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I forget. I'm very forgetful. So I can check your local list things. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked I have the TV show. It's great.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's gonna last more than a year, so check it out. Hopefully it's doing pretty well. So hopefully it will, but we get a lot.
Speaker 5: Dude, you're soothing, You're like part of my weekend routine now watching your TV show. And I'm not sure about Looney. Verdict is still out on him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well that's what everyone says. But Loney, he might get me fired.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 4: He might be the reason to show what goes away. But I'm honored that koa who will likely have no memory. But you know, they say kids childhood memory. They have that childhood amnesia. But I still think, Danny, stuff you see before, like the age I think five, roughly five or six, maybe seven. After that you remember stuff, but before that you probably don't most people. Yeah, I think in the back of your head it's there somewhere. Cautiously, yes, that's my theory. It's like buried, your brain resets, but it's there somewhere.
Speaker 5: Now that you tell me that, I will immediately stop his watching of the program with me A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that and because the I'm sure you might have some spicy language sometimes.
Speaker 1: Danny, right, we all do. But you figure out he's a little kid, you know, you know, and then.
Speaker 4: You see those videos that pop up of babies and like their first word is not mommy or daddy. It's like fuck, you know, and you're like, wow, man, I can't believe the kid said that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: During Game five of the World Series, our oldest stopped by to eat all our food here because he's living out the dorms right now.
Speaker 6: And he wants the ring.
Speaker 5: He wanted the Rangers to win, because obviously the Corey Seeger connection. So Corey Seeger does what he does, and AJ, our oldest, jumps up and screams, fuck yeah.
Speaker 6: He's going nuts.
Speaker 5: And CoA the look on his face, he just went bright red and he's screaming and crying because his older brother screamed and cursed right in his face.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 5: And his mom was like, what are you doing, Like, there's a baby in the living room. Now, you got to relax. And a couple of innings later, when they got the last out and were celebrating, he did the same thing, and CoA had the same reaction.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 4: I like the fight, well not the Cole was upset, but I like the fact that he was pulling for the Rangers.
Speaker 1: I was pulling for the Rangers too. I wanted the.
Speaker 6: Rangers to win. Yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 1: I won the World Series.
Speaker 4: I have no connection to the Texas Rangers, but I got to pick somebody in these events.
Speaker 1: If I don't have a team in there, Danny, I got to pick somebody.
Speaker 4: And I know we'll get into this, I'm sure on the on the Saturday pod and this is just a preview pod. But this is a big week for you, right, I mean the Raider stuff and all that has a big sports.
Speaker 5: Week for Danny j and huge sports week. I feel resurrected as a fan. Ben you don't under well, I think you understand because the Raiders have provided you with some great content the past few days, So you get it, you understand. But the Raider fan base overall, it's been Marty Graw this past week. That's how much we hated Josh mcdummy.
Speaker 1: And I give the fan base credit.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we want to get in that here, but I truly believe that if hadn't been for the pressure campaign from Raider fans, Mark Davis was getting it everywhere he went from Raider fans fired Josh McDaniel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, if it wasn't for his dad, he's just kind of a dorky guy. He's a pussy kind of the pussy kind of guy who just wants everybody to like him. And you see how he's got like those la kind of chicks next to him. He's trying to be like Donald Sterling. And and of course who started it all, Dr Jerry Buss and those guys. What do those guys all have in common? They all wanted to be liked by everybody, And so you're you're dead on with that. With Raider fans all over his city and everywhere else he went, everybody screaming at him for him to smarten up. The pressure cooker got to him and he had to make the moves.
Speaker 4: And he was getting it from all sides. Like the team sucked, which was obviously that was the most important thing, but the fans that the videos of fans going up the one that stood out the most. Some'm draw Broni at the w NBA parade in Vegas for the team that the guy hild up a fire Josh McDaniels Sidne and yelled it to Mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said, you smart enough, beautiful man. A good job, Braider Nation, and I am sharing for LB Poly's financed Antonio Pierce. Let's hope that he gets a couple of w's under his belt and really is in the running to take the reins. It would be nice to see him get a full time NFL coaching gig.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he is going to, assuming he doesn't lose every game. And they actually saw some signs of life because the Raiders are paying a ton of money to McDaniels and Gruden.
Speaker 1: So I don't go too sporty, Danny, because it's the.
Speaker 6: Thing I know.
Speaker 5: I know, we've got to save the sporty talk for our horse picks. Our boss told me, he's like, Okay, when you and Ben Tate the Fifth Hour podcast this afternoon, you got to both pick a horse to win. So keep that in mind, Ben, when we continue this this afternoon, we got to pick our horse.
Speaker 4: And that we will have a great day to day. Danny, you're all over the place. You've got Covino and Rich, You've got all these podcasts, so we'll be back together. But you'll be on Fox Sports Radio this afternoon slash evening depending on where you are right and so we've got that what.
Speaker 1: Time can people hear you again with Covino and Rich, Dan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are on two to four pm on the West Side, and that's five to seven pm in New York City.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great day. But this is not goodbye.
Speaker 4: This is like we'll talk to you in a few hours. This is crazy, this is nuts. And if you are going out to the track that if you're in southern California, I would love to meet you. I have no idea where we're going to be, so that makes it a little tough. But anyway, we'll love to see you.
Speaker 1: Say hello, and we'll catch you. I can't believe what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We'll catch you later on today eight o'clock in the east, but around five o'clock five point thirty something like that in the west.
Speaker 5: Yeah, make sure that you subscribe if you're not already subscribed. That way, when the Afternoon podcast pops up, it'll automatically go to your phone.
Speaker 4: All right, we've already gone four minutes over what we were supposed to do. Danny, I can't believe that this is an extra bonus edition.
Speaker 6: Of the it's a bon preview. Now.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk to you. We'll talk to you later on today.
Speaker 6: See you in a few hours. Got a murder I Gotta go