Speaker 1: Tsunami would be a good stage name. It's one more thing. But first we're gonna kind of clean out a dorm fridge. I'm not gonna go full cleaning out the sound fridge. Could we just have a couple of things to play for you, but I might as well use them before a fascinating dorm fridges and tsunamis.
Speaker 2: Probably a half of a Monster energy drink.
Speaker 1: And hand full of beers.
Speaker 2: Anyway, one slice, one slice of leftover pizza.
Speaker 1: That's unwrapped, just sitting there kind of dry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my son is a full on caffeine addict because of energy drinks. He's got the he's the he's uh, he is definitely a If we're gonna do something on the morning side, I got it. I'm I'm gonna wait till he's had some caffeine before I'm gonna talk to him, because he's one of those people.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, terrible.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, well, you know, you know people. I guess, don't talk to him before the caffeine.
Speaker 3: When I had a caffeine addiction and I stopped drinking caffeine, I got headaches for like three weeks straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hmm.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. Sorry to hear that. So let's clean out that sound, fritge, Michael. We got a couple of jokes we didn't use, Is that right, Yeah, a couple.
Speaker 4: According to Politico, President Trump and French President mccron often have bromance chats on the phone.
Speaker 2: What can I say, I like older men, said mcron. So he continues to lean on this idea that Manuel mccrone's wife is a dude. That Owens is being sued for those broad shoulders.
Speaker 1: Michelle Obama another alleged transgender.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video for dancing on Ellen? You can see your penis playing that thing around?
Speaker 1: All right? All right? He got another one for us, Michael.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, in Florida, a Chucky Cheese employee in full costume was arrested for credit card fraud.
Speaker 2: So for anyone else.
Speaker 5: Currently dressed as Chuck E Cheese, this is a sobering reminder that your life could get worse.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're the Charles E Cheese and things took a turn for the world.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize you could have beer at Chuck E Cheese?
Speaker 2: Did you know that? Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that, And I mean now, obviously I do.
Speaker 2: The only way you get through it, exactly, that's the only way parents could stomach it. Plus you had that you had to find a way to ignore what that ballpit was for your kids. So a couple of drinks would help with that. But then several drinks and if tempers flair. That's why there are always brawls at Chuck E Cheeses. Right.
Speaker 3: I stumbled down that rabbit hole on YouTube the other day. That's how I found out about the.
Speaker 1: Chucky Cheese fights.
Speaker 2: Yoh, it was great. Dang it really bag got my weekend planned.
Speaker 1: Wow, I just I hesitate to do something because it'll feed me those videos for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, watch them. It's not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: They all up and it's so many hours of enjoyment just every once.
Speaker 2: Not normal, you know, you're taking perfect all of them. You want to take a little break. You know there's a waffle house fight, there's awful house fights. Yeah, my attention McDonald's cracker barrel. Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I've seen a crock lay stripped to the waist and Marquis of Queen's Perry rolls ready, you know, hitting below the battles.
Speaker 2: Here we go, your relaxing in your rocking chair. You're thinking about buying that Reba McIntyre CD. What's there a fight about. You're doing that i Q test thing that's always fail. Yeah, man, yeah, all right? What else you got, Michael?
Speaker 1: Is that it on the joke? Was it for the charge? I guess with the number ten? This is a homeowner and an alleged UFO experts some ring camera footage from Compton, California.
Speaker 6: I was sitting in my sundroom with my son. We were staring at each other, like what do we do? We didn't even know what to do, Like I'm not going to call the police. I'm not going to go outside. I guess I'm gonna have to live with it, doubt because I'm not. I'm not chicking.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't see there's anything to worry about. But I cannot conclude that this is a hoax after seeing that footage.
Speaker 1: That's for sure what it's ring door well camera footage that vaguely sort of it's at night, looks like your classic movie Alien, some dude in a hoodie or something, and the light is weird.
Speaker 2: It's just it's and then and then who said they can't verify that it's not an alien.
Speaker 1: Because that was the UFO expert.
Speaker 2: Yea oh, a UFO expert. Clearly yes, And that's surprising that he didn't immediately say, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not a UFO. He left the door open to the fact that it might be. Hmmm, that is a bum with a cart, right exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, roll it one more time.
Speaker 6: Michael, I was sitting in my sundroome with my son and we were staring at each other, like what do we do? We didn't even know what to do, like I'm not gonna call the police, I'm not gonna go outside. I guess I'm gonna have to live with it. Doubt because I'm not joking.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't see there's anything to worry about. But I cannot conclude that this is a hoax after seeing that footage.
Speaker 1: That's for sure.
Speaker 2: You watch a video and it's a bum with a shopping cart, it is a bomb with a cart or any kind of hunched over like all of them.
Speaker 1: That's like the flip side of the cops have no one in custody, but they can assure us we're in no danger, right that guys like, there's nothing to worry about, but I cannot eliminate the possibility that it's an invading alien or al right, joker whatever. All right, so very quickly from the world of science as we speak. On Wednesday, the thirtieth of July, the year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five, there was a giant earthquake off of Russia's coast, and there are tsunami warnings in Russia, Hawaii, the West coast of the United States, et centa. Nothing terrible has happened so far, but I know I saw that it was tied for the sixth largest earthquake on record, according to the US Geological Survey, which most powerful since twenty eleven, which was the earthquake that triggered the Fukushima tsunami and nuclear disaster.
Speaker 2: How long have we had earthquake records? A century? Probably not that long.
Speaker 1: They theoretically geologists can kind of reconstruct and extrapolate from various bits of evidence. But anyway, so here's why I brought this up. Here's your top five. Come Chatka, Russia in nineteen fifty two was nine point zero. Tohuko, Japan in twenty eleven, that was the Fukushima thing is nine point one. Sumatra, Indonesia in two thousand and four was a nine point one.
Speaker 2: That's the one that killed a quarter of a million people with the tsunami.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah. Alaska nineteen sixty four that leveled anchorage, didn't it more or less? I remember learning about it as a kid. But that was a nine point two. And then Valdivia Chile, Chile in nineteen sixty was a nine point five.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 1: Now, a couple of notes. First of all, I remember thinking during the Sumatrin thing that how does that tsunami kill so many people? Is it like drowning and stuff? Could you not cling to something or blah blah blah. And it was pointed out that no, it picks up everything, Yeah, everything and swirls in rapid currents. So you are ground up like you're in a blender by the lumber and the metal glass and the cars and the telephone poles and everything else. It's horrible.
Speaker 2: The chunks of cement from knockdown buildings. Yeah, you wouldn't have a chance.
Speaker 1: And secondly, I remember at one point there was an earthquake that rattled the radio ranch or something. We were talking about this, the seismic energy, the Richter scale, and we had angry people lecturing us that an eight point oh to a nine point oh is not like, you know, one eighth higher. It's ten times as higher as high. Every full number on the Richter scale is ten times as powerful. And a bunch of people yelled at us about that because I apparently we got it wrong. Well, according to the New York Times, which is generally pretty good about this sort of thing, the seismic energy released by a quake actually increases by thirty one point six times for each whole number increase in magnitude. Third, they came up with that scale.
Speaker 2: I don't know, more than thirty times stronger a nine is than an eight?
Speaker 1: Correct? Wow? Yeah, and you know, do the math. You're better at math than me, But from a six to an eight is astounding. Oh yeah, Well, with all respect to mister Richter and the good work he did, real roundbreaker, Why isn't it like a linear and is zero to one hundred?
Speaker 2: His grandson Andy Richter, who was the sidekick for Conan O'Brien for so many years, you should, uh, you should come up with a better scale that's a dumb scale.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's my point.
Speaker 2: And who decided, Well, we can't change it. I mean, whatever they decided in eighteen seventy or whenever they started, we got to stick with that technology. We can't come up with a new scale. Now, it's just what come up with a scale?
Speaker 1: A seven point zero is thirty one point six times the energy than a six point zero, So an eight point zero would be ninety three ish or whatever that math. It's a lot as powerful as a sixth's.
Speaker 2: It's like the spinal tap thing. It goes to eleven. Well why not just make ten the highest number? And then it's loud it goes to eleven. It's similar sort of reasoning, very complicated. Yeah, exactly what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I've never looked into this. Maybe i'll look into it today. When they talk about the big one in California, are they expecting a fifteen or a ten or what do they think it'll be?
Speaker 1: Well, it depends where it hits, of course, and where the epicenter is. But you know, a solid eight point five could be like insanely damaging in California depending where the epicenter was.
Speaker 2: Well, it has been several times, But no, I mean the big one, like a chunk of California falls into the ocean, never to be seen again. Is that going to be a.
Speaker 3: The article I'm looking at says a seven point eight or higher.
Speaker 2: Would be the big one. What was the highest number on your number one recorded there?
Speaker 1: Joe nine point five? So there's never been a ten in Chile in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 2: Well, talk about something you can't predict.
Speaker 1: I can think of two songs with lyrics that reference California tumbling into the ocean on Steely Dan's My Old School and two the Decembrist's Calamity Song.
Speaker 2: Any other examples, Sweet, I don't have one. I have one Metal Guy California's crumbling. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, by the way, I noticed we didn't play the cleaning out sound fridge a song either, Michael, you're trying to put Metal Guy out of world?
Speaker 2: Did he steal your girl or what you said?
Speaker 1: It wasn't a full cleaning out sound fridge. It was just a dorm fridge, so I didn't think we should hear. But now you're quibbling. Wow, still a fridge, Katie. Katie's right again?
Speaker 2: And who knew there were like footnote rulings on this sort of thing, very complex.
Speaker 4: Fridge.
Speaker 2: There we go, all right, well, I guess that's it.