Speaker 1: Welcome in to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. It is Friday, December twenty second, and the Ravens are getting ready to play the San Francisco forty nine Ers coming up on Monday, which is Christmas Night. They're Friday up about this game and we talk with head coach John Harbaugh today to get his take on this matchup.
Speaker 2: Okay, great to see everybody. Appreciate you all being here, especially in the holiday season, and I know make a lot of sacrifices to come out and do your jobs, and we sure appreciate the job you do for us and for the fans and to keep the fans connected to the team and to the league and everything else. So thank you for that and to everybody out there, Merry Christmas. Well question, Jeah.
Speaker 3: Coach, you see Christian McCaffrey lea NFL Russia.
Speaker 4: Have you seen how they get me a long passing game and was able to do that?
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's probably the thing for sure, Todd im and they kind of find a way to get every guy at the ball, all other players the ball, you know. Christian McCaffrey obviously is a is a big part of that. But Deebo is a big part of that. They got guys everywhere that they interchange, they put in different spots, they kind of play all the positions together. It's just still a really good job. And that's kind of how they do it.
Speaker 4: When you first saw the schedule, saw all right, Christmas night in San Francisco. I'm sure it's probably not what you would have selected for yourself. But then did you start thinking, oh, here's the plan. Here's that we're going to make this good for our team, good for the families, and try to make sure everyone's like, look, this is a great opportunity and not it would be easy maybe to kind of get down about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's a lot of moving parts to it, for sure. You know, we've got to think, not the least of which is coming back. You know, we've obviously got a big game the next week on a short week, coming back with that long trip art, we'll get back about seven in the morning, probably something like that. Coming back, turning around and trying to get ready for the Dolphins. So all that goes into it, but also Christmas. You know that Christmas goes to your point, and we tried to set up a little bit of a different week where we get started earlier in the week. Now as we break, the guys are going to get some time with their families for Christmas because they're going to be leaving and are not going to be here Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Christmas night. Then they'll be back, you know, twenty six basically. So so we try to give them some time, some family time to have a Christmas with their families tonight and then tomorrow during the day and then they'll report for the plane when we leave tomorrow after late afternoon.
Speaker 4: It was also just kind of like mentally and pep talk for anyone and just not not just the schematics or the logistics of it, but the dealing with is playing, trying to make sure everyone is fight you know, just not doubt about that, have anything.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't have any problems with that. I mean, the guys kind of know what's coming there prosy and they understand this is a big part of how it works. Are excited to go play in a game like this. I mean the other side of that is you get an opportunity to play in a real big game on a big stage with a lot of people watching. One of those games that you're gonna remember, you know, as part of your career for the rest of your life, so they understand that part of it too. Did you have any preference on the timing of the Dolphins game or you find with it saying at once I'm good with data one. Yeah, that's great at one o'clock.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: The thing that stood after you when you were looking at playing back Jenny Funk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the Maryland guy, you know. Matter of fact, you know, Steve is a practice yesterday and he's a big Maryland guy too, so he knew all about Jake and they had they a little conversation, you know about terps. But no, it's good to have him here. We played against him. A very good football player, very good guy, hard workers, so we're pleased to have him.
Speaker 5: Do you have to make a decision on Malie Cam imminently? It's weird when I think the twenty one day window falls on a Sunday or right around there. Is that something you guys have been discussing and how much does your roster flexibility kind of come into play there?
Speaker 2: Right, that's a conversation I think Eric and I are going to probably have today tomorrow and see where we're at with at.
Speaker 3: How important is a guy like when Pleye Carrison, you know we've be see him in the lineup, could come on the field when you guys are I guess you kind of base personal against there's twenty two twenty one says what was his development of having him healthy for being like.
Speaker 2: I suppose for you guys, well, it does give you versatility and it is part of the package. I mean, you're going to obviously be in base against this team some percentage of the time. And you know, Malik has done a great job him. He's a starter out there in base He plays the sambacker position. That's in the history of Raven football. You can look at those guys and who's played that spot. That's it's a pretty glorious position to play here, and he's playing it at a really high level. So h yeah, he's gonna be a big part of the game plan. He's been playing really well. Really proud of him.
Speaker 3: Ken Wa didn't I didn't see Arthur Mulette out there today, and I.
Speaker 5: Know he's on the injury report. That's Thay, Is there any any concern there?
Speaker 2: I guess in terms of yeah, I kind of went to day to day mode with him, so a little flare up there, so we'll see where we're at come game time.
Speaker 1: That was head coach John Harball and the Ravens are gonna be heading out west. They're leaving on Saturday and then we'll play the game on Monday night. So we wish all Ravens fans are very merry Christmas. Also, hit that subscribe button and leave a rating and a review. Enjoy the weekend. We'll see you back here on on Monday.