Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty two, Episode three of.
Speaker 2: Der Daily's Guy Yeah production of I Heart Radio.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. And it is Wednesday, January twenty fourth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: One two four two four Yeah, one two four two four. Guess what?
Speaker 3: It's Library shelfy Day. I don't know what that means. I think that's just when you cute. Let's see you are. Oh, it's just for all you bibliophiles do something fun with your shelf. I guess with your book spines.
Speaker 2: It's also National Peanut Butter Day and baar Kan Appreciation Day.
Speaker 3: I'll let you just appreciate. I that was beer can or bacon beer can? It's beer can?
Speaker 1: Is that a real? That is like such a that feels like such an industry fucking day.
Speaker 3: Like, hey man, we salute the can, the canneries, and the makers of aluminum cans for our favorite beers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, I was gonna say bacon Appreciation days like they have won for every month. It feels like, oh yeah, exactly exactly, shout out to beer cans. Yeah, that's very something.
Speaker 2: Our guests would probably know because there was poll tab, there was cone top, there was stay tab. You know, as you go, I know everything about beer cans.
Speaker 1: I feel like our guests might have had a beer can collection at some point as a as a youngster.
Speaker 2: Maybe I did. And I can tell you anything you want to know about.
Speaker 1: Beer Canser, Well, what's the way?
Speaker 2: What's a cone top? Cone top is the thing they did in the twenties and thirties where I don't know why they did that, but they made the can into like a fake bottle wept by just like putting a spout on it. Those things are worth a lot of money, unless you ask my grandfather, in which case he said to whom, like who are they worth money to? Because I was always like, look, Grandpa, I got this old can and it's worth a zillion dollars, and he was like, who cares to who? To whom he had a point. He had a very good point, because I have all those cans now in the basement. What's left in But yeah, I can tell you about khone tops and flat tops flattops and they use the church key. And then then we moved on to pull tabs, and now we're on fu. Yeah, what are those things?
Speaker 1: Yeah, State Tab nineteen seventy five. There's like a whole timeline up here.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting Like in fifth grade. I was in fifth grade in nineteen seventy fuck, I don't know, eight or something, and that was like everybody collected beer cans. I mean, it's crazy kids collecting beer cans.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, gotta catch the gotta have them all like Stanley quenchers.
Speaker 2: But it's not right for kids to collect beer cans.
Speaker 1: They did that too, like for a long time. Yeah, that was that was the thing.
Speaker 2: They were supposed to be validly at a price book. What do you mean like you were cruising for rare beer cans as kids, Jack.
Speaker 1: I just remember like my friends having beer can collections in their bedrooms, usually my friends who had a water bed.
Speaker 3: Oh, like maybe it would just be like family trash to be like, look, beer can it up there kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you could go to a show. It was like a I went to a show like uh at Nights of Columbus, like forty five minutes away from my house, actually the same town where my mom looked at that drum set that she rejected. Yeah, it's walling for Connecticut, Walling for Connecticut to bring up those memories. Man, Yeah, yeah, but I went to this beer can show and then it's like you're hanging around with grown men who are obsessed with beer cans or even worse than kids who because a least kids don't know any better, right, right, right, But the adults are selling beer cans to children, you know, being like this is worth a lot of money, you know, and I'm buying a bunch of It's just as.
Speaker 1: War comes all the way from Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they make jokes about that. But you can't be drinking those, not yet, but as soon as you're able to, you should start drinking. I'm like crazy, No, it tastes like shit, by the way. Yeah, but it's like my plumber or whatever or whatever this guy was who came into our he was I think he was renovating our house or something like one of the few times my silly family had like a worker. Like that was the kind of town I grew up in where if you had a worker in your house, you felt like you were a part of the crowd, you know, because everybody always had work being done to their house because they're a rich So we had this worker and I just remember he told me that whiskey puts hair on your chest. And I just wonder what motivates a grown person to say that's like a ten year old.
Speaker 3: It's someone who's trying to invite you into the league of extraordinary binge drinkers.
Speaker 2: Probably right, It's just like he was just drunk, like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean whenever you hear that'll put hair like, it's never like you know, like a way you're like, oh thanks, it's always like danger is.
Speaker 2: Like you better watch out that hot sauce that will put hair you chest. You would take whiskey, they'll put hair or your chest exactly, But you better if you're a parent, you better say some interesting stuff to your kids, because I don't remember anything from my childhood except for that guy. It's like it was the only thing I remember from my childhood is that man telling me that what's your chest hair count? Right now? Oh it's out of control? Okay, well that must I drank so much I got hair on my shoulders. And like somebody like.
Speaker 1: A child that is something like drinking something will put hair on their chest.
Speaker 2: Is like a body horror.
Speaker 1: Situation kind of it's like really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also was nineteen seventy eight, so this guy was actually trying to get me laid. You know right, that's right, even get if you're lucky. Yeah, I opened up. You'll get some hair on your shoulders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got my little crucy, got to let my little Saint Christopher medallion and gold dangling amongst my chest weeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wish my shoulders would come in more, but they have got a condition, your shoulder hair. That's the number one. So he probably was trying to do me a favor. But I also think he probably was kind of drunk, because when you're drunk, you want to tell somebody.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, yeah, get them in on the club. But it's all winks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You're never like, hey, I'm pissed kid. It's more like, hey, put hair.
Speaker 2: You want to know how to have fun while you're fucking fixing a window frame? Yeah, he's like, hey, you want to shoot the nail gun with me? Yeah? You think? Do you think fixing a window frames boring? I got I got a little secret for you, drunk off my fucking face, bro.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, my name is Jen O'Brien aka how long till we see the YETI Fuck film? The one where they fuck you can fart, How long till we see the YETI Fuck Film?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a true work of art.
Speaker 1: That is courtesy of Rizik on the discord to the tune of Doggy in the Window for anybody who was curious, I was having a hard time getting Doggy in the Window in my head. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Graham, Miles.
Speaker 3: Ga, Miles Gay, Miles Gray. I'm having a Donald Trump moment. Also, the dream Weaver aka Blood say, you don't have to turn off the night light.
Speaker 2: Those days are over.
Speaker 4: You don't have to spare your guts into the night, blood sir.
Speaker 2: You don't have to liquidly to night. The night pass too vivid.
Speaker 1: You're not sure if it's real or if it's fright sad.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Shout out Rockeroni for one of my favorite songs to do karaoke to rock.
Speaker 2: Sande talking about here just just just embracing those dreams.
Speaker 3: Someone give me a dream Weaver aka please come on now. I think I think that leaned into the it's right. There is there one in there. There's one in the discord.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, yeah, okay, well then I'm happy. I think you've actually done it already.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh no, someone called my doctor.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I'm just imagining it. Maybe it's so obvious I'm right there, that I just my brain filled in the gaps.
Speaker 2: But yeah, very possible, very possible. So many songs about dreams.
Speaker 5: Anyways, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a hilarious stand up comedian, actor, musician with the seven point four rated album on.
Speaker 2: Pitch four to his game, That's right.
Speaker 1: You can listen to his podcast called brew Got Me Like anywhere Fine Podcasts, or give it away for free. His new book, The Advice King Anthology, available anywhere fine books are sold or given away for free.
Speaker 2: At the library.
Speaker 1: You know, the poetry window is open because it's Chris motherfucking crafted God.
Speaker 2: That what's up? Good to see you, guys. What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I noticed something about it.
Speaker 3: You look like you have your your fist over your chest like you're doing half a Waconda salute.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I broke my scapula Thursday. I got an email from or No. I sent an email saying, hey, I would like to go back on the Daily Zeitgeist didn't and I got an email back that said, hey, we were thinking about it on Tuesday, and I said, sure Wednesday, Today's Wednesday. I guess in the podcast world, but a little podcast ruin ruin everything. I've ruined everything. So anyway, when I fun email when to start the whole show over? When? When the When I sent that email, I did not have a broken scapula. I had never even heard of a scapula. And then when I when I got when, I confirmed, yeah, sure I'll do it. Tuesday I was on like, you know, morphine. But I figured by Tuesday i'd be all right. But I broke my scapula Thursday afternoon, fuck ma, and I broke my rib and uh So Nashville has been like this ice skating rink for a week and now it just went away because it just got finally went up to like forty or fifty or whatever, right, and so all this stuff melted. But for a week, I guess Nashville has like a couple snowblouse I mean, yeah, you mean literally like two. They have a few I guess, but it was not cool. It was like everybody was falling down. My neighborhood was like a fucking circus. Like it was like the whole the street was an ice sheet for a week. So people were trying to go to work and have to turn back. My neighbor a guy, a drunk guy, came down our street. Like, first of all, our street, it's got no sidewalks or anything. So like if you go off the street, you're in the lawn, and so and so. This my neighbor is like. I was asleep because it was after I broke my scapula, so I was in bed. But I woke up. My roommate was like, that's right, I said, roommate, my roommate, your buddy, my buddy. Yeah. My wife, my mother, my beautiful wife was doing animation on the new Fast and Furious movie in the living room of my well appointed Silver Lake Fast and Furious. Whatever. She pays the bills. Asleep, I was asleep. She pays the bills. I live right next to the Silver Lakes. Got this note from Vin Diesel. I'm friends with Jimmy Kimmel. It's unbelievable. So me and Jimmy Gimmo were taking a nap in the same bed, and my wife was animating Fast and Furious twelve or whatever it is. Yeah, and uh no, okay, I'm gonna go back to what's really happening. My roommate said that the next door neighbors, He's like, did you see what happened? And I was like, no, I was in there, and he said, oh my god, this car came down the street, lost control and went into my neighbor's yard. They it slid on the ice and landed in their yard.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then it was a drunk person too, even though it was the middle of the day. And yeah, because I always think drinking is a nighttime thing, but not for this guy. And so then while he was trying to get out of the yard, which he also couldn't get out of because it was ice too, and it's down in a gully like our streets on kind of a hill, and like it's it's just a very you know, this was not an ideal piece of land for houses when they put them in here. So the so this car, this car like smashing into the people who lives there. He's trying to back up and stuff and he smashed into their car. And then they eventually had went out there and take his keys away from him, and then they give him a blanket because it was so cold, and they gave him some water, and then they then the police came, and I guess I didn't see the police, but they he said the police were very mean to the guy who he didn't speak English. So you know, anyway, Nashville is like needs more snowplows on the double. So if anybody out there in Delley's Guy's world has an extra snowplow, you might want to call up the city city Hall.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: How's your how's your scapula? That's what I'm I mean. The thing is, I've broken so many fucking bones that it's really just embarrassing. Like I was more embarrassed the hit the ground than anything else because I heard or I hit the ground, I hit the steps, but I heard things crack, so I knew it's something yeahs, you know, And it's just like I haven't broken that much stuff. I mean, yeah I have, but I haven't. I mean, I broke my hip in twenty eighteen, you know, roller skating, you know, and everybody thinks that's funny. But you know, it's not funny. It's funny. It's funny. That's LA's fault. That's because people in l A. Grown people go roller skating because they're reliving their childhood that they didn't get to have in Wisconsin because they're mean dentist, father never talked to them or whatever. Right, so they moved out to La roller skating. We're crazy clothes now, even though I'm forty. So then how high these socks are? Yeah, exactly, at least crazy socks. I got them on the internet, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Uh, the film on there.
Speaker 2: So I broke Yeah, so I wrote, I'm doing a yetti fuck film. We're pitching it to adult Swim. It's gonna be called yetty fuck film, but we're gonna censor put stars instead of the fuck. You know, it's gonna be f and then three stars. Yeah, and yeah, I know somebody an adult swim. He's like a lower down guy. But I know the guy put the roof on adult swims. Uh, he replaced the roof and he talked to one of the guys there.
Speaker 1: So didn't they switch buildings though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he still got the guy's number. Yeah. Well he also yeah, he's just like in the loop, you know what I mean. Yeah, he's got the guy's number. I don't know how it's gonna work, but it's pretty much all set. Yeah I hear that. Yeah, it's all set. So I fucking I don't even know what I'm talking about it anymore. But it was like my roommate said, the day had happened. My roommate's car got stuck in the middle of the road and it was stuck, and he came running in and he said, oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god, car stuck in the middle of the road, and somebody has come over the hill, as we live over a hill, and he's like, somebody's run to my car. And I was like, oh fuck, yeah, I love jobs, you know what I mean? Yeah, And I like helping. It's a wash standing barefoot in the kitchen eating a cold case of DIA, and I put all my sneakers and he said, the stairs are slippery. But that was the only thing I hold against him, because the stairs were not slippery. They were impassable, unusable. Each one was a solid fucking piece of ice. So I went outside and happily put my foot on the top step and immediately flew ended in the air. I realized, oh my god, I am fifty four years old and hovering. Oh, I said, a concrete fucking steps, and I am like fucked. And so one step broke my rib and the other step broke my scapula, which is the piece on the back of your shoulder, the wing. And you know, I didn't even feel the shoulder thing because the rib hurts so much, so I my only thing was I actually thought I probably broke my back. So when I stood up, I was happy. Yeah, you're like, it's a miracle. It was really lucky I hadn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like it could have been worse. Yeah, it's it felt like.
Speaker 2: The mundane way. I mean, you know, the no one plans on getting paralyzed or I mean, it's like that's what it felt like. It felt like, oh, fuck, this is really dangerous. Like when I was when I was in the middle of slipping, I was like, oh, my fucking god.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like, credit to you, man, I'm glad you're doing well. And also I'm glad you know you listen to our email where you said get the fuck over it.
Speaker 2: You said you'd wanted to. We're doing this show. You want the time, the big time, You're gonna slip big time. This is Hollywood. Yeah, I thought you were a professional. We we'll never talk to you again if you don't get on this zoom.
Speaker 1: What do you mean something's broken? Like, I get I believe you, but like, why are you telling me that?
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with me anything? Tell it to your personal assistant you back? Oh man, So I have a go fund me anyway, if anybody I already made the I made the goal though, and and people from Daily zeit Geist and you guys whoever's in charge of your social media retweeted my gofund me. So I'm very grateful as usual to the Daily zeit Gu's community because you know, they've just been a huge part of my life in the last three four years. So that gang Yeazing.
Speaker 1: Canceled my health insurance because I feel like I.
Speaker 2: Can just like reach out to them. Good idea. That's a good idea. Yeah, that's probably the best idea you've ever heard. I'm sure your wife is an animator for one of the major movies. Yeah, well her work on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a stunt coordinator for the New Avengers flick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know Hollywood works. Kevin what's his name? Five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he gives he gives us good health insurance. Chris, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things that we would be talking about today if we ever got to them. But a lot of times already Trump jazz is getting more jazzy, AKA, he might be showing the signs of cognitive decline. And we're just curious to check in where where are we at with us?
Speaker 2: Are we good?
Speaker 1: Like we talked about how he kept confusing Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi.
Speaker 2: On I think yesterday's episode, but it just seems like it's worse, getting more like this Lurry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And we'll check out with these Stanley quenchers. I think, I really I want to hear what Chris has to say about the Stanley quntry.
Speaker 2: We have to get to that all of that. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Plenty more you'll find out, But first, Chris, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history? It's feeling about who you are?
Speaker 2: Well, I've still been watching that guy who talks about tool tops quite a bit. Uh, Tom asked Jim from Beneath the Planes, and I do recommend that, although it is repetitive, once you find out that the entire world beneath your feet is made of old bottles, you you know, eventually get and they're all, it's incredible. You just I just think the coolest thing about it is it just gives you the impression that you can just take a little rod. He's always talking about taking a rod and sticking it in the ground, and and like he casually says like, oh and I saw some I was able to detect some stove ashes and glass with a rod that he sticks in the ground. And it makes you sound yeah, it sounds so easy. He finds the depression in the ground and then sticks a rod in it, and he's like, oh, stobash. Whereas if I found a depression in the ground, you know, you'd stick your fucking you stick your fucking probe directly into your you know, your your septic tank or whatever it is, you know what I mean. Like he's just I don't know, anyway, that's great, you know, so you're still on that that's great here, But then the other stuff is like, I don't know if you guys have ever heard of this website called the realto Report. You may have, no, I don't think you never heard of the rialto Report. Okay. It's about a golden age porn and they tracked down all the old porn stars and talk about them. And they have a podcast that you can only get like through their website. I don't know why if they got banned from other websites or something, or from they can't too. Anyway, rialto Report is very good. Then the guy did a podcast, This guy named April West, I think that's his name. He's kind of like this. I don't know. I thought he was an okay guy who was just interested in the history of porn, which of course is impossible. It's a good guy, seriously, because I like podcasters that I, you know, have a decent voice and like that I think are like reasonably nice people. I don't want to listen to a podcast if I think the people for hosting the show are dix right.
Speaker 1: So this guy point, I genuinely like have have been out on podcasters being like I think they might be an asshole, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So this guy sounded reasonable. I thought he's had a really, you know, an outsized interest in nineteen seventies and eighties pornography, which I admit I also have an outsized interest in. It's very specific a thing, so anyway I'm talking too. He talks about it very academically as well, like as if there's no horniness involved, which of course is impossible. Anyway, that he did a podcast for Wondering or something called about Tracy Lawrence, and I really did not like that podcast, and I hated his tone it like hated it. It was a very creepy podcast. It was done with other journalists and both of them came off looking like shit. I couldn't even finish listening to it. But it doesn't matter. Rialto report. What I'm saying is rialto report. You know. I'm not saying that I'm a fan of their fucking people, but I love this story they found about this woman named Ultramax. And if you go down, I don't know if I could see Miles's face, I can see he's on this on this website. Oh yeah, you saw my mouth get real slack. You see Ultramax. It's like the third one down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when it's like part one Ultramax Queen of she looks like.
Speaker 2: Flow from Mel's Diner, that old show from like you know, I don't even know why I'm fucking mentioning that with your audience's age, but there's no reason whatsoever. But she looks just like Flow from Mel's Diner. So not like not like a bombshell or anything. She looks like a regular person. Total looks like an older, older, regular person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she looks like she would be a politician. I assumed looking at the picture that this was a story about a politician's wife who like tried to shut down the porn industry, or like Margaret Thatcher's sister.
Speaker 2: But instead it's Queen of the Swingers. And she was like part of like the Long Island, like the thriving swinging scene of like wealthy Manhattan and but like professional class like yeah, doctors and dentists and stuff, and then like also on Amityville, Long Island. So it was like it was basically this Jewish professionals swinger culture. And it is unbelievable because Jewish professionals are not necessarily always you know, you don't picture like a nineteen seventies dentist being very like hot, like a like a suburban dentist, and they're not, and neither is Ultramax. But they all were so horny and so out of control because of like the early seventies just being like everybody should have sex with everybody all the time. And have you ever tried a rubber mallet on your dick? Like there's like you can mail order a rubber mallet that's just your Dickah with her name Ultramax like Maxine, right, But but there's the whole story. She named herself Ultramax like that already. She was like, Wow, they were gonna name me like super Maxine or something or whatever it was, and shall we settled on Ultramax. But just about halfway down, there's a picture of a swinger's party that go down her interview. Yeah, and then see a picture where there's a man smoking a cigar and it looks kind of like one of those like a colored palette's kind of like a dog playing cards, kind of one of those paintings. Yeah, oh yeah, do you see that? Now, blow that fucking thing up and then just thank me, just thank me. And also since I have to have that image in my life now you do, because it never will leave. Look at that fucking pageant. There is a whole. This thing is dense. It's like look where. It's like there's a story in every spare inch of this image.
Speaker 1: Uncle Junior is like squeezing some guy's nipples in the back that one.
Speaker 2: I didn't even see that, so busy looking at that guy's cigar which turns out as a breadstick. Oh yeah, it's some kind of a food thing. Wow, I thought it was a penis. It looks like a Tullusla Trek painting. I mean, it is crazy. And it's like a photograph of a home in Amityville, Long Island in nineteen seventy three. And what this is all coming around to is what happened? Why was life so interesting? And now it sucks?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where the Cultramax having a food party? And it's the Internet ruined everything. Everybody in that picture would be looking at their phones instead of whatever that woman's doing rubbing down a pepperoni or you see that one lady who was like, I don't think that's a pepperoni, boss. I'm no, no, no, no, that's what I thought too. But it is a pepperoni. That's the thing. He's like, Oh, it's the food stuff. Yeah, there's the one guy who's tickling the one guy's nipples. But then there's the other right next to him. That woman is squeezing some kind of piece of pepperoni, sausage or something. But that man, the look on that man's face. I mentioned the size of that man's penis the one with the fucking breadstick in his mouth. Yeah, Like, what kind of seduction is that? Like to look at a woman like that dead? He has no smile on his face. He looks dead, angry, pens penislacid. He is huge, but it's flaccid, and he has either a giant cigar that's unlit or I also, I like the idea of guys back then couldn't even sex wasn't enough. It was such a wild sex party in seventy three that they were like, I want to smoke while I'm having sex. Regular regular group sex is so boring. I must have a tobacco product. Yeah, lineup a cigar, and I'm not gonna smile at all because this is an everyday occurrence. That dude looks like pop kind of and he does arrow wind Bill. You know, Yeah, I think we could do an iHeartRadio podcast just about Ultramax. Okay, and we do dramatizations. I do the voice of Ultramax. I mean, I don't know. I just think that picture is something that people need. Picture is amazing, it's really and it's you're never gonna forget that. So that's my gift to you. Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: We will link off to it with the N S f W in the in the footnotes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, people are falling out of the fucking Google off.
Speaker 1: Ultramax looks like a fucking icon that everybody should know about.
Speaker 2: People are flipping out of their chairs of there we works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also the gazoo. Oh my god, that's what crazy people saying. Gat zouga.
Speaker 2: While we're at it. People used to say gat zouga when they saw a picture. Dropped that picture into any fucking we work and see what. Yeah, spitting cappuccino everywhere espresso. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back.
Speaker 1: Tuck overrated under it.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And where back and Chris crofton, what is something that you think is overrated, sir?
Speaker 2: Overrated is the oscars and people being like, I'm mad my movie didn't get fucking whatever. You know, I didn't get my movie, he didn't get Saltburn got robbed first of all. Saltburn sucks second of all. Who cares? At this point? Rich kids do all the art. So these rich kids, you want to give them a statue on top of everything else. Yeah, that's that I do, Chris, No, And they vote on themselves. Who do you think? Both for these oscars? Their parents rich, other rich kids vote on them and they don't even watch the movies they cost.
Speaker 1: Okay, they better get a fucking statue, you know. For you, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, like end of the world stuff. It's like people getting mad about their show being canceled. It's just end of the world stuff. It's like, you know, I don't know, It's just people's lives have gotten so crazily. I can't even speak. I had coldbrew. I don't know why I did. I had some earlier too, with.
Speaker 1: My broken have gotten so crazily devoid of sex parties with yes exactly, pepperoni.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's nothing pepperoni. Not enough naked people dead staring at each other while getting a huge piece of food. So anyway, I don't I don't care about I mean, the fact that people are invested in the oscars makes me sad, and also just the idea of people trying to be cinophiles in an age where all the movies blow. I would love it. I would love it if we could all be back in a time where we could be serious about movies. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Back, And I'm square at a you know, sort of grimy cinema watching Ultramax Flix.
Speaker 2: I miss being pretentious, I miss intellectual conversations, but it's gone. Stop trying to manufacture it. Ooh, I wonder if, Oh, I wonder which movie this year? There's so many rich examples of Get out of Here. It's like there's no movies they are good. It's like one movie that's good if you're lucky, right, And everybody decided it was Oppenheimer and for some reason Barbie, which I didn't see and I'm not gonna see. And I can't even look at I tried to watch five seconds of that movie made me want to throw up. I can't even look at it. I can't even look at it. I saw it on fucking one of the machines, you know, fucking one of the one of the the apps. Oh, one of the machines, you know, like Disney Plus or something. I was at someone's house. They oh my god. I was like, this looks horrible. I don't care what God anyway, Oh oh look, how beautiful. What's her name? Don't worry rich rich kid x y x seventy nine. However her you know, like whatever the conveyor belt that rolled off. I'm not into hot people. We need to take hot people down, not give them statues. Yeah, what's her name? Who plays mar Yeah, Margot Robbie. Oh yeah, she better get a statue or else what She'll have an even bigger ego and hit her personal assistant even harder with her phone. We can confirm more.
Speaker 1: Deny, excuse me, mart Robbie hits her.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she she seems very nice.
Speaker 1: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: My show on NPR, Yeah, my show, Nashville Confidential. How's it going? It's I mean, it's a dream come true. I'm I'm I'm looking for sponsors right now though, because NPR, uh, they're they're they're dealing with the same thing everybody else is dealing with, which is is a. People don't have any people don't have any money to give them like they maybe did, so they're like I I was. I did three segments, and to do more segments, I have to have sponsors, which I'm working on here in Nashville. But the segments I've done so far have been really fun. And and and the fact that I've been on NPR, even though it's local w PLN, but it's like a huge reach. So I'm doing like and I'm getting to sneak in some commentary. I mean, like, you know, you're not gonna be able to get you know, I'm not gonna be able to say what I want to say necessarily, but I can say a little and I can also just I'm also I'm so into being on the on the radio that I would even just do entertainment pieces because people need that too. They don't just need me yelling about, you know, being mad at hot people or so.
Speaker 1: Uh you know those entertainment pieces.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. So the last one I did was riding the bus. So I've done three. The first one was the bell which, the second one was about my campaign, and the third one was about the bus and the bus bus one was my favorite, because here's the idea. I was gonna take the bus and I was just gonna talk to people. That was a whole idea. I was like, I'm just gonna talk to people. And I was like, I don't know what am I talk to them about. And then my friend was like, yeah, the bus man, no one takes the bus here because the bus doesn't go anywhere. And he's like, and if you want to go to the west side, forget it. And I was like, I know, because rich people don't like the bus to come near them. And in Nashville, they had a whole plan for a new bus, and the Tennessee State legislature, who actually live in these rich neighborhoods outside Nashville, outlawed that kind of bus because it was gonna let people from my side of town get to their side of town and that's not what they want. So I decided, oh shit, I could do a kind of commentary in the bus trip. So I said, there's this botanical garden called cheek Wood in West Nashville, and so I decided to try and take the bus to cheek Wood, which is from Madison. So I was talking about Look, I was talking about my neighborhood, Kratum and vape stores. And then I'm trying to go to the Botanical Garden and I never got there because you can't get there. You can get a mile away from it. But I even missed my stop and I ended up five miles away from it, and then I ended up at Sprouts. I ended up in the sprout seas in the bathroom, and I asked them past year. This is my favorite part of the report actually, and it's just real subtle because I didn't even have them. I had the mic on, but I didn't have it right in front of the guy. But I just said, hey, man, can I get to cheek Is cheek Wood near here? And he goes yeah, And I said, oh, just is cheek Wood near here? And he said yeah, and I said, he said it's about ten minutes by you know, you know you're driving, This is about ten minutes. I said what if I want to walk? And he goes, well, that would take three or four hours. And I said like, and I said three or four hours and he said along would take me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey man, I'm just looking at your legs and I'm just doing the math.
Speaker 2: So I just thought I don't know why it made me laugh so hard, just the fact that he says a ten minute drive with a three or four.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, we don't have a lot of experience making that conversion in our day of day lives.
Speaker 2: But I had to turn back and I went back home and the bus. I didn't want to demonize the bus because the bus actually was pleasant. It just doesn't go It really just goes down the main thoroughfares. And so if you can go to I'm trying to think of where I would put it. I guess I could put it a link to it somewhere. I don't know how I could do it, but or maybe you guys could.
Speaker 1: Link to the most recent one episode for the most recent from Chris, it's really fun Nashville Confidential.
Speaker 2: And when I was rolling down Gallaton Road, which is the Dumpy Road, which is runs through the middle of East Nashville, which is funny because it's like all the yoga pants people just have to pretend it doesn't exist, like to fulfill their whatever, just to make them feel like they got didn't get ripped off moving to Nashville after they read all the hype and then they get there and they're like, why am I running by a payday loan place in my yoga pants? So they just pretend their yoga do. They pretend the payday loan place is like a I don't know what, an old cabin an orange And I went by this abandoned car wash and I realized they should turn that thing into a coffee shop. This is just on the fly. I'll go down by on the bus and you can squirt coffee. Have those fucking old water guns and you could make fucking oat pham come out of the fucking phone brushes and you could turn that dial to like whatever you want, like you know, moke mocha, Mocha with the whip. Will you have like a whip whip? I mean you have to. We talked about it on my podcast. You have to get some controls in there, because you know, people can't be squareding coffee. You'll lose money. Well, you'll lose money. You can't have that thing squirt. You have to limit it. It's like a barbercare, like a barberchare shot. Yeah, it's not it's not unlimited, yeah yeah yeah, just enough to do something. You got to measure yeah yeah, yeah. But Anyway, some woman emailed me or sent me an Instagram message saying she was working in Laverne, which is somewhere outside of town here, which I don't know where it is. It's kind of like saying, like, I don't know what it's like saying, but some someplace outside of la that you never you've heard of, but you've never been Laverne. So Laverne. She was coming from Laverne, and she's from Knoxville, and she caught that, and she goes, I love what you said about the squirting a coffee, and I'm gonna listen to w PLN more, which is you know, if she does, she's not going to hear anybody else talking about But I was so happy. You know, that's the fun of the radio. You know, it's like, yeah, there's just random people who the business owners consider consider sponsoring. Yeah, I've got a couple things lined up. But you know, it's it's not it's not something that the corporation is necessarily going to see an obvious tie into it. You know, I'm describing it as the Daily Show meets did I say, I can't remember it as it meets meets And then he kind of trailed off. But yeah, I do need a sponsor, and it's not that much money. It's really just covering my salary. There you go. Anyway, it's exciting. And if I don't do something with National Confidential on NPR, I I can do something with it somewhere else because I really enjoy this talking to people in the public. It's really fun. Oh and I'll tell you one thing quick. Sorry. This guy in the bus station said hey, can I talk to you? And I was like, or He's like, he didn't say that. He said he said, what's up, man, what are you doing? And I was like, I was like, He's like, I worked for a sewer department.
Speaker 1: It's like that.
Speaker 2: He's smoking a lot. I don't know how he's smoking a lot. He's only smoking one cigarette, but he's smoking a lot. And he was like, what are you doing? And I was like, I'm doing something about the bus. He's like, ah, the bus, but he didn't really say he just kept going like, ah, yeah, the bus. You know. I was like, yeah, the bus. What do you take the bus? He goes, yeah, I take the bus. The bus. He just kept saying the bus. And then in the middle of talking to me, a woman walks by and he goes, hey, baby, and then he tries to grab her and and then he goes then he goes sorry, and then he continued to talk to me, and then he said, what's this going to be on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, man, I should have a radio show so funny. I was like, you sorry, wolf Whistle. Sorry. I just kind of scorpion because I'm like, come here, sorry, get over here.
Speaker 5: Sorry about that?
Speaker 2: Was he apologizing to you or the woman? I don't know what. No, he wasn't apologizing to the woman. He was he was apologizing for I guess. Just yeah, for me, I guess or something Jesus or something. I'm sorry that man. Yeah, I l is right there, my bad man. Yeah. So he didn't get he didn't get on the report.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well hey you're saving you're saving for future future reports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah exactly, co host. It's really fun, man. I talked to a nice kid on the bus, like a centrist kid, because I was like, he's like, he's like just graduating from college. He's like a senior. I was talking about the stadium being bullshit. You know, I said this, Titans deserve a worst stadium because they suck and he's like, we mustn't, you know. He was a little bit. He was just trying to like he's just going making his way in the world. I'm on the other end of the spectrum where I'm like, you know, some kind of goat chewing cans, you know, and uh like, oh yeah, are you excited about the Titans?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: And he's like, well, kind of fuck you then, you know. Can It was, come on, need cans with me, skip the middle part. So he so the middle part, you mean, my life.
Speaker 1: Whatever, I collect these beer cans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he so he I said the stadium. I said, how was the stadiums? He said, I went to a game. I said, it's the stadium falling apart, because you know, there's they're building a new stadium, you know, And he said yeah. He said, I think that there's an ulterior motive there, but that remains to be seen. And I said remains to be seen right there, you know. Right away, it's like it's like he's like, I was like, I can tell you. He's like, I don't understand what the scam is. I was like, I can tell you what it is. Anyway. It was just a funny contraction between the two. You know, I was like, it's a you know, their friends are going to build the bathrooms.
Speaker 3: Hey, well look, give people a look. Don't give it all away, man, because people got to tune in now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's twenty five minutes long. Yeah, no, I mean I'm talking on NPR. Wow, you turn on NPR. There's me talking about squirting fucking coffee and breaking young pets me and destroying young people's dreams of centrist existence. Well, I'm excited about the Titans.
Speaker 1: Why they suck always will anyway, all right, we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, And Chris Craffin, do you know what a Stanley quencher is?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. It sounds like something for a drill.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, that's kind of yeah, it's uh, it's the drill gets hot. It's actually the most one of the most sought after consumer items of the last year. And you know, like Stanley like insulated thermosis and stuff, you know, like you know, they've been around for like over on hundred I was thinking about Stanley drills.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about Yeah, Stanley makes a whole bunch of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're all the same, are they also? The Stanley vacuums, Stanley steamers. I think we tried to figure this out live on the on mic before and never got anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's Stanley nineteen thirteen drink wear and gear is what they have on their website. It feels like mostly cups, but hey, look look, Stanley is a very common name. But yeah, this the fucking quencher, right, has become such like a hyped consumer item that we've all I've just definitely been like scratching my head. I'm like, I kind of get it. I get that, like anything that becomes like huge on TikTok has a potential for becoming like a vacuum you know what are those vacuum sealed mug or whatever, Like an insulated cup that now fetches hundreds of dollars like on you know, secondary websites if you're trying to buy something an auction.
Speaker 2: But recently, a.
Speaker 3: Woman in Roseville, California, was arrested after just like casually filling her shopping cart with over sixty Stanley cups after a store received like a fresh shipment and rather than paying, she just fucking bolted out the store, filled her trunk with the loot, and just took off, only to be caught later. And like when the cops showed up, Like it's so funny how cops always like to do like the bust photo orre you, like, this is.
Speaker 2: What we recovered and we're putting it all on the hood of a car, three tiles police car. Yeah, like basically over sixty cups. This is like thousands of dollars of Stanley MUCKs. And she almost got away with it.
Speaker 3: And we were talking on the last episode about like what the fuck is why why is it getting like so like so popular, And after you know, combing Reddit and a few other blogs and reading a few other news articles, it basically comes down to like a convergence of influencers on water talk, you know, the very like hydration centric uh sub sub community of TikTok users promoting this fucking.
Speaker 2: Cup along with Chris, along with these features specifically that people apparently like, I see this repeatedly talked about and people.
Speaker 3: Like, well, the reason why I got a Stanley use because I like that it has a handle. I liked that as a wide straw for drinking like good amounts of water. It's high capacity, and I can use it with my car's cup holder because some other cups they're too thick, you know what I mean, triple c thick down there to get into my cup holder, where Stanley Quencher just it does the job and okay leads.
Speaker 2: This is directly tied into the oscar talk. This is like people are gonna be like, why didn't Stanley Quencher get nominated for an oscar? They did have a Barbie tie and cup, and I do I should have been Yeah, I stand Yetti coolers, I stand the Barbie movie. I stand Stanley steamers or where the fuck this is scarpet cleaner.
Speaker 1: But like, so, sales last year hit around seven hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: You know what they did in twenty twenty. You know what the revenues were? Seventy million.
Speaker 1: Wow, they fucking ten x miles. They ten x that shit. That's fucking hockey stick growth. Bro, that's hockey stick growth. Next thing, you know, someone's smoking it at one of the Ultramax's parties that they have such a hockey Oh yeah, and apparently the other thing that I think is a secret here has a lot to do with You're welcome, You've inspired and inspired a nation. Gris is the new president of Stanley is the fucking Previously, he was the CMO at Crocks, and he was basically behind completely reviving the chunky slipper into a trendy item that people were losing their shit over. So this dude apparently has just like the fucking gift to be like, we have fucking gingis on her hands. Here feels like this person should be a household name. Yeah, just in terms of understanding this particularly stupid version of the zeitgeist, they are he is him or she is her, depending on I don't know enough about the person, but.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah yeah, yeah, the person is Terrence Riley. Terrence Riley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, game over from Crocs. But yeah, like it's just like become this whole thing right now. The most expensive Stanley quencher I saw when I went on stock X, which is like where people like hype beasts and stuff. So used to be like sneakers and like clothing. Now it's like fucking cups. There's one that sold for over four hundred and twenty dollars for like a Philippine's only exclusive color way, and that is it's a four hundred dollars metal cup for sipping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like a cabbage patch doll exactly. It's like all product crazes, except now people are so crazy about cabbage patch dolls are at least kind of interesting. A cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's like an adult it's like a thing that feels functional. So it doesn't seem like completely like a waist to like have a ton of them, because like, well I use them, but like for me, I'm like, you only need like one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to Goodwill, man, the whole store is cup. You want to cups, get you a cup. I'm used to like a fucking mirror that looks like a captain's ship wheel. And now all there is in there is fucking cups, Just tons and tons of those fucking cups, insulated fucking cups. Yeah, and you won't won't don't want to buy them because it's a cup, and you imagine that somehow there's gonna be hepatitis in it, And so everybody just leaves them there and buys another one, which ends up in the thrift store. So now the thrift store not only that people used to work at the thrift store and we're handling interesting items like birds nest replicas and whatever the fuck else used to be in there, and now all they do is cups. And they're like, how's dad at the thrift store? And they're like, it sucks because we're just dealing cups, right, thank you.
Speaker 1: I feel like that mirror that looks like a captain's ship wheel is gonna look really cool next to that beer can't collection. I feel like, oh yeah, yeah, but I'm looking great.
Speaker 2: You go into a good will, you're hoping to find a crazy pair of shorts, not a goddamn cup.
Speaker 3: Metal another yetshtag Cup's fortieth anniversary, It's like, what the fuck commemorative yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like stuff from weddings, like the whole fucking T shirt rack is like Phoebe and Dan's wedding or whatever. It's like all fifty shirts they bought for a nickel. You know. It's like everything's ruined. Everything is ruined. People are in love with cups. People want to marry cups. Jack. I see you kind of have a hype drinking bottle that I see around a lot in La. There this bad boy, like the built.
Speaker 1: In dark Sea Atlantic Ocean colored Colorway. Colorway got a built in straw. I don't know how I feel about the built in straw, to be honest with you, I was just thinking about that the Stanley having a like removable fat boy like McDonald's sprite sized straw is actually maybe a little bit more appealing to me because I always have the question of, like there must be so much fucking mold, Like I don't you know, like who's cleaning the inside of this like straw that is built into the side of this cup.
Speaker 2: I have a metal straw, and I feel the same way you have.
Speaker 3: One of those, Like I feel like all these cups. No, I'll come with like a small sort of pipe cleaner thing so you can really clean that. That's my fucking worst nightmare. I think also because I grew up playing a brass instrument like trumpet, like you also have to keep it like you're constantly blowing into it, and when that shit gets disgusting, it's like, dude, I'm gonna get sick from playing my own trumpet.
Speaker 2: It feels like.
Speaker 3: So I definitely have a thing with like getting them fucking straws clean because I just bacteria.
Speaker 2: I uh, well, now you're making me feel bad about uh just a while.
Speaker 1: But I will say that the Stanley thing, it kind of makes more sense to me after you did your research, because first of all, just the number of cups that don't fit in a car's cup holder that you can buy like a coffee cup, yeah, is just like why why would that ever exist? It's a shame that they we all need them to fit, like fit into the same size. But there I I have like multiple coffee cups that I can't bring with me anywhere because they're just like way too wide. And then you got the fat straw. You got this handle on the side. These are crucial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're in I mean yeah, I mean, I mean I'm disappointed, but I get like, I think it's one of those things too.
Speaker 3: It's like it's it's a thing you if you like, you get one of them. But there's also now this like collector aspect now where people are like I gotta have all the fucking colors and I'm gonna spend hundreds of dollars to attain them. That's when we're like, oh, we've were losing the plot in so quickly so quickly, but it feels like again we've had like water, Like I remember it used to be the hydro flask that was the thing fucking everybody wanted, like in terms of water bottles'.
Speaker 1: The one that like has a bag inside your shirt and like a straw that comes over what.
Speaker 2: Do you know those like runners?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know about that. I know about the hydro flask seems like a very high tech term for just like a no, it's another metal fucking so does it like inject the water directly into your veins bypassing your mouth screw off lid that you have to manually suck from what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hydroflask marketing, Yeah, yeah, right, it was actually designed by NASA. Yeah, I'm back in. I'm back in, so I don't know. I you know, I'm gonna keep my.
Speaker 1: Eye on these various Stanley mugs. You know, I'm probably not gonna buy anything for over four hundred dollars, you know, but I'm just gonna be reasonable here.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna keep it reasonable.
Speaker 1: I did have fun, Miles, thank you for putting this story together, because I've had fun just texting my wife various.
Speaker 2: You know, what's funny.
Speaker 3: I found one that was actually even more expensive than the fucking Philippine Colorway Exclusive.
Speaker 2: It was the par fay ombre Quencher. Someone is listed for fucking five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is like a product I could see myself using. And also to Chris's point, just like a functional society does not have this happening in it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, like a couple of times you guys have said something that I'm not familiar with. I feel like I should bring it up. What is a color way?
Speaker 3: A colorway just means like the specific like of the variety of cups. So it comes in this color or this colorway is like a sneaker, a combination of like a handful of colors that go and like where they're placed. It's like a usually a simple combination of colors. It's with like sneakers.
Speaker 2: I got it, Okay, So it's another the color scheme, right, it's an updated color scheme. It's all about Yeah, Like, what's that thing called the hydro flask. Yes, it's like the same like a colorway. Colorway on my hydro flask was designed by NASA and Andy Warhol. When we get to the when we get to the end of the show and I talk about what tweet I like, I'm gonna talk about my own poem, which I wrote about about cups, about fucking smart cups. Someone someone wanted a poem called smart cups. Because everything it's all about unicorns, billionaires, So we got to reinvent something that that that is not reinventable. Yeah, and because we need something if we're gonna be a billionaire. We got to sell a lot of these things, so we've got to we got to reinvent something that everyone needs but it's unreinventable, Yeah, like a cup.
Speaker 1: I feel like the tech industry went from like in Social Network the justin tipper Lake characters like you know what, yeah, a million dollars is great. You know what's better a billion dollars? Like I feel like now the tech industry is like, you know what's fucking disgusting? A million dollars fucking gross. You might as well kill yourself, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you guys know, Cafe Tropical, remember Sunset, Okay, one of the other places I hung out, No, one of the first places I hung out in La one of the only like home eat places as a person from out of town, you know, like coming from Nashville. Like, I mean whatever, I don't have to make myself sound like I'm Axel Rose and fucking welcome, welcomed in jungle. Did walk used to live in New York. I used to used to live in New York, So I mean that wasn't like but I mean it was just like a homey kind of place. Yeah. And then it got bought and it got turned into like they remade it and ruined it, and they kept some of the staff, and the staff was all in there unhappy because they previously it's almost it was all Hispanic. And they changed the decor into like modern fucking blue bottle, you know, fucking like Yeah, and then now it's out of business. And I'll tell you why it went out of business. And that's the interesting thing. It's just that the son of some lady who had a restaurant for forty years, like a Mexican restaurant, her dumb ass son, who undoubtedly grew up like I think pretty well, thinks this is a very successful restaurant. He somehow managed to get his name on the like she wrote him into the restaurant that they lived. I mean that they lived, they ran, so he ended up like with a piece of the restaurant. He leveraged that into like buying twelve businesses because he was trying to be a mogul, and in the process bankrupted everything, including his mom's business that she'd had his whole life that gave him. Ever So, I just think that was the perfect example of this this this son who's been infected with this this billionaire culture thinks, oh, my mom has a restaurant and that affords us a living. But that's not enough. I want to be a goddamn baller. So I'm gonna fucking take my mom's money without telling her and then buy a bunch of restaurants and bars, get drunk, do coke, lose it all, and in the process wipe out Cafe Tropical. So the lesson is, kids, I can't. I don't know what the lesson is.
Speaker 1: Set down, settle the fuck down. Don't only go to like places.
Speaker 2: And you know stability, what about stability? Does it all have to be? Let it all rides?
Speaker 1: You can just like hope, definitely have personal actualization, you know, movement that is just all about telling people, yes, do we have to.
Speaker 2: How about when your friend says, let's reinvent the cup. You say, fuck you, Hey, what I got this idea? Fuck off at this point or garbage. I don't even want to hear what they are. We've already reached peak civilization. Now we need to settle the fuck down for real.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear your idea. Justin or whatever your name is, no offense, Justin Connor the producer of the show.
Speaker 1: Josh I think would be his name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josh whatever, Josh. I don't want to hear the idea for socks and stay up longer than other socks, super socks, ultrasocks. Yeah, like shave, Dollar Shave Club or whatever. It's Dollar Shave Club gonna be delivering after the apocalypse, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Actually, they just totally disrupted that industry. They fucking crushed it. Dog, I know you're joking, but that's actually not funny to joke about because Dollar Shave Club crushed it, Doug.
Speaker 2: Fuck I just I hit home. I got like Jack Dollar Shave Club ship Oliver's house.
Speaker 1: When I talk to people who are in finance, like, they will get mad if you like make fun of somebody who's successful. Sometimes, like actually, he's disrupting and like killing it. So I don't know what you're talking about. Really, Like you sound crazy by criticizing him.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite part of like the submarine that exploded. Uh, those idiots. There's so many things that just choose from far. They said that they disrupted, like the safety protocol. Like there's certain things you're not supposed to disrupt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of one of those things too.
Speaker 2: I'm disrupting deep sea diving. No, no, don't disrupt that. Please don't do that.
Speaker 1: Chris Crofton as always truly wonderful and chaotic.
Speaker 2: To have you on the daily side. Guys. Thank you so fun to be back. I always miss it. I love being back on Love you guys, We love you.
Speaker 1: We hope you continue to heal. Where can people find you? And is there a work of media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Instagram and at the Crofton Show, and you can find me at Twitter. Still at the Crafton Show is still hanging on that thing. I don't want to start another goddamn thing. Yeah, and you can find me at if you go to WPLN dot org, you can find the Nashville Confidential Show if you kind of poke around. It's part of this show called This is Nashville. We'll link off to it and thanks, and then you know you can go by my buy my record if you want, Hello it's me. You can buy it from my label, Aarrowhawk Records. And yeah, my book, go buy my book too. And I'm going on too. I'm going on to opening for Neil Hamburger in May, and I'm hitting Minneapolis and stuff amazing. So that's exciting. And I just got to I just tore up with them. Yeah, I've already got some people say I'm finally gonna meet you know. That's so fun. That's great.
Speaker 1: So that's it amazing. And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna talk about this my own poem because I can't. I don't ever get ready for this part. This is a every time I'm on this show, I'm always like at this part. I don't know why. I just disdain this. I just can't for some reason get my head around it. But this is about cups and it's a poem I wrote on Poetry Window the other day called smart Mugs someone someone who I bet you anything listens to this show. Someone named Chicken Enthusiast said smart mugs was the topic they wanted for poetry Window, So I wrote quote, I wish my mug did something. You know, it's depressing that it's just like fully realized. It makes me think of death, you know what I mean. I don't like things that are simple and effective. They're disheartening. Mmmm. That's bank.
Speaker 1: It's all too distract us from death. I have been coming to that realization of late.
Speaker 2: That's all I think about.
Speaker 1: It just not a fun realization to kind of spell down.
Speaker 2: I'm a hashtag death all the way.
Speaker 1: Amazing Miles, Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, find me at Miles of Gray all over the at bound world. Find Jack and I on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad boost these. You can also find me on four to twenty Day Fiance with Sophia Alexander talking about ninety day Fiance.
Speaker 2: And also, hey, I.
Speaker 1: Haven't talked about a while, but check out The Good Thief. That was a true crime show I did about the Greek robin hood who was robbing the rich and giving it back, and it's a true story.
Speaker 3: A tweet I like it's from Samantha Ruddy at sam Lee Matters tweeted, I got laid off yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's a blur. But when I got on the zoom call with my manager and saw an HR guy was also there, I'm ninety percent sure.
Speaker 1: I said, ah shit, you got me? Well you got my shit, you got me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like when Joe Peshi knows and that when you're about to get whacked good Fellas. Yeah, yeah, tweet I've been enjoying. Sorry, I was gonna say one thing real quick in case anybody wants to watch a really good movie. This on two B Bare Knuckles. It's a nineteen seventies exploitation action movie and I just wanted I forgot to mention in the beginning it's called a bare Knuckles and it's fucking great. It's bad, but it's great acting and it's great anyway, Sorry about that. That sounds great.
Speaker 1: Julia Claire tweeted, adults should not be twins being twins as for children.
Speaker 2: It's just like a strong opinion.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily is that guys, We're at d Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website dailyeitgeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes when we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, so well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a track from Jordan Rakai are a k e I. It's called Freedom. I think it just came out recently.
Speaker 2: I heard on the radio and.
Speaker 3: It's actually a really got this dude's got a great voice and I really love the instrumentation.
Speaker 1: A little bit of good, good rhythm section in there too.
Speaker 2: So check this song out. It's called Freedom Jordan Rakai.
Speaker 1: Good one just to get your get your day, keep keep your day going with some good music.
Speaker 2: It's about Raveheart. Yeah yeah, yeah, it's just basically he's using all samples from the movie to create the beat height. Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 1: Did you say you discovered it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I turn it on sometimes. Yeah, it's kind I heard it from my cup.
Speaker 1: I like, you know, I just like taking it back to the second recommended it. I heard my AI cup is always listing to me and then it just you know, checks my vibe and suggests different songs for me.
Speaker 2: Precisely.
Speaker 1: The daily basis precisely all right, well, the Daily I Guess is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the Heart Radio, ap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we'll talk to you all then bye bye bye