Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Keddy arm Strong and Patty and he Armstrong and Eddy broken. Everybody in the newsroom like me. It's breeding hard. We're all breeding hard. Five five stories, five stories of cement stairs their bodies. I noticed there's bodies littering. Some people only made it like three foot foursts and they're just laying there huddled in the corner. You gotta ignore the chest pain. Chest pain is pain leaving the body. Wait, no, it's not. It's pain. Never mind, it's so drawn something leaving the body might be dying. Going on, Yeah, your spirit is live. Excuse me. That was a bad start. Let's try this again, live from studio c Armstrong and Getty compound. And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. College students who support hamas, Oh my god, getting kicked out.
Speaker 2: We're finding them revoking their visas.
Speaker 1: Get out. What is the delio is they need to get out? I guess you got nothing else to do? What is a college student? Who are you against this? College students? They got nothing else to do? I guess they're just bored. Has anybody suggested perhaps they could suggest as a freshman orientation, you study, you make friends, you drink beer, you try to get laid. That seemed to occupy all of my time, like every single second. Well, there's a little of going to sports ball games and cheering with my fellow fellow school colors. Clad Ninnis. I was explaining to my son yesterday we saw some college. I said, I had a job. I went to a job every day, so that's what I did. I didn't have time to get together and make a placard and throw things at cars or something. My job is the protest against the colonial oppressors of the patriarchy. Speaking of throwing things at car, you probably saw the attacks on Tesla over the weekend. There is one of your big Tesla dealerships. Was that in New York where a roving band of people attacked it, And then so other big cities they had. In Chicago they had I don't know how many cops lining the street to try to protect the Tesla dealership. And I saw a video of some job at pounding on some guy's cyber truck at a stoplight. That's just one job, as opposed to a large group of people attacking the dealership. But I just saw this morning Tesla stock is down forty five percent since December. Yeah, I've got some of the consumer numbers on their perception of is this a band I would like to a brand I would like to buy, and gosh, among anybody who's left to center, it's become anathema to buy the very product that they were desperate to buy to virtue signal five years ago. Well that's the problem with what do they call it, vanity stocks or some there's various names for these things, but the one that just like.
Speaker 2: Signaled your worldview.
Speaker 1: So that's why people bought Tesla's in the first place, to a certain extent. And then when if you buy something because it's in a expression of your politics, well then obviously it's a little different than like when I buy a toaster, either workshirt, it doesn't. I don't. I don't really have any thoughts on our foreign policy or anything like that. I need a good conservative toaster as tester stand up for traditional values. Put for my red brown on both sides down forty five percent. I mean, that's not all these that we're going to talk about. This Trump was asked about a recession and you know, long term goals and battling China and everything like that.
Speaker 2: This is not a little dip though. This is not an ups and downs.
Speaker 1: The markets go up and down forty five percent since December. Oh my god, that is unbelievable. But I wonder, I wonder how that's gonna play out. I don't see that changing the political part of it, do you. I can't imagine how that's gonna change the whole the whole people getting bumper stickers for their tesla. I bought this before I knew who Elon was or whatever. Who worries about their car that way? I just don't. But people who constant virtue signal and live their lives emotionally, I guess that's a wild Yeah. I happen to be wearing a Fender Guitar T shirt right now. If I found out that the guy running Fender is a communist, I think that's odd, and I'd.
Speaker 2: Keep playing my telecaster. Why wouldn't I?
Speaker 1: What an interesting history of the automobile industry. This will be? Uh, I guess because I think this is what's going to happen. You're going to have the most valuable car company in the world. Way way Way Way Way Way. Uh suffer politically because of their the guy who runs its politics, and it'll become and also ran car company, not just because of his politics. Well, and we're not talking about you know, a brand of lipstick or you have some sort of breakfast cereal. No, this is an enormous the most valuable car company in the world, in one of the biggest sectors of the globes economy. So yeah, it's it's a it's a massive, massive shift. And one interesting dynamic of this to me is Elon probably doesn't care that much. I think I feel like, you know, uh, Tesla, Well, he's a bit of a polygamist and Tesla Tesla, Tesla's like his old first wife is a fine gal. But I'm really much more accepted. I'm sorry, excited about my new couple of baby mamas. So yeah, I don't I don't know what he thinks, but stockholders certainly care. People with it in their for to one k or what have you care a great deal.
Speaker 2: When's the first truck company?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 2: And I'm should I use brands here?
Speaker 1: Why not? This is just for the purposes of illustration. I'm not intending saying any things specific, but if four trucks were to come out and say, uh, Dodges for they them Ford trucks are for you, and show some purple headed femmes something or other driving Dodge truck, just go hardcore heartland conservative in their marketing, say yeah, we're gonna go ahead and close off the people are freaked out that Elon is now somewhat conservative and won't buy a Textila anymore. We don't want your business. We're going hardcore traditional values buyer. Would they see their sales surge at least for a while, I don't know. I've never think it's dumb on both sides. Just make a good product and let people buy it. And I haven't looked at but I was test driving a cyber truck the other day. I actually have a funny story about that. But they have one point nine percent financing on them now and free lifetime supercharging, so I feel like they're and that just started a week ago. I feel like they're in the Hey, maybe you know the good done to buy a Tesla Mode. So I don't know where that's all going. If I'm a truck, a's you know, CEO, I put out a new ad campaign our truck transmission, their truck transgender.
Speaker 2: You choose well, chos trucks.
Speaker 1: There isn't anybody who cares about trucks buying a cyber truck anyway, So you'd be appealing to the wrong crowd. It's not like I'm just still thinking through my thought experiment. I guarantee really polarized economy. I guarantee I've talked to enough people. There ain't nobody considering a Ford F two fifty or a cyber truck. Nobody, not one person in America. Right, we should start to show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is money brand New week. Oh my god, is this going to be the best week of your life? Or is it all going to fall apart? It's March tenth, year, twenty twenty five. Where Armstrong, you're getting we approve of this programs more likely just blend in the never ending gray if week after week. Anyway, Hey, let's begin officially now, won't that be fun?
Speaker 2: According to f CC rules, Rags, here we go at Mark. Are you expecting a reception this year?
Speaker 3: I hate to predict things like that. There is a period of transition because what we're doing is very big. We're bringing wealth back to America. That's a big thing, and there are always periods of it takes a little time.
Speaker 2: It takes a little time.
Speaker 1: Trump, the media savvy showman, not just saying immediately no is definitely newsworthy. Yes. Yeah, Well, and he made the point. We'll play the clip later. He says, Look, China thinks in terms of one hundred years. We need to start thinking long term too. I don't love all of his moves economically and trading that sort of thing. But to hear someone say, hey, let's quit chasing this quarters or turns, let's think about what's good for the country long term. That's a change. Yeah. I want to talk a lot more about that. Is that is interesting? This is now the conversation has gotten really interesting to me, not just the tear of part, but the restructuring of the way the world does business. Wow, that's some fascinating stuff. And and he's got some allies in interesting quarters. So we got Katie's headlines on the way mailbag later. More news of the day. Oh, this is going to be such a huge a I just you'll remember the rest of your life, probably marketing, not on the calendar, you'll think about it. I remember that, remember that hour one of the March tenth Armstrong and Getty show. Wow, we can't be sued for this, can we? This is fraud. We make colors brighter and white swider. I mean, you know you can claim anything, can't you. Uh so we got all of that on the white text line four one kftc arm Strong. You know, I know Katie didn't have this in her headlines because it's a question of a headline. But it's from USA today, how much caffeine is in coffee ice cream? Which is a funny thing. It came up because I had that thought just the other night. I was had of Baskin Robbins. It was late in the day. Coffee ice cream sounded good, but I thought these are caffeine and coffee ice screamer? How much or whatever? Anyway, So there's this article in USA today how much caffeine is coffee ice cream? And I would love to teach like a class on how stupid this article is and make the point about just like general mass media consumption news, I mean, the whole thing top to bottom is just moronic. Wow, it's just so dumb.
Speaker 2: And I would enjoy you going through that and take that class.
Speaker 1: And aimed at the dumbest people and it's contradictory and it's just so dumb.
Speaker 2: You would be a good teacher, Yes, you would.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I think it's it's more than a class. I mean, it's an entire major how not to be stupid?
Speaker 2: And there would be how not to.
Speaker 1: Be stupid media, there'd be one hundred two hundred, three hundred four hundred level class. There'd be how not to be stupid as a consumer is it, you know, whatever? How not to be stupid? That would be a good class, innovative. You get in touch with that University of Texas at Austin. I'll bet they would appreciate that. Yeah. Yeah, So a lot of good stuff to get to this hour, ample time for who's reporting what?
Speaker 2: It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 4: Katie, let's do it all right, Starting with the big one from the New York Times. Trump declines to rule out recession as tariffs begin to bite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna talk more about that coming up. But he's thinking long term, which you have to do for business. But are we set up for that? One of the great weaknesses of a democracy. And you gotta remember again. We'll talk more about this later, but the Wall Street Journal is not interested in long term. They're interested in this court. She can't always listen to them for advice to a large extent.
Speaker 4: Yep, absolutely from NBC quote you lose all hope federal workers gripped by mental health distress amid Trump cuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, if you lived your life thinking you could never be fired, meeting the reality of I might have to look for a job like other people would be distressful. Yeah. I have some sympathy for these folks. They have lived in one reality for a very long time, and now reality has changed. So you have two weeks to get over it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: From the Associated Press.
Speaker 4: Two days of clashes and revenge killings in Syria leave more than one thousand people dead.
Speaker 1: I swear it. I had a dream that was very, very dark and disturbing, but it had to do with the actual fear for your life and your family's life you would have in a war zone like Syria or parts of Africa, where the bad guys with guns will come and shoot you down. Just for who you are. And in Syria, they're insulting them and taunting them, making them crawl through the streets and bark like dogs, and then in some cases shooting them for being the wrong religion, slack ethnicity brutal, But let's keep doubling down on identity politics lefties.
Speaker 4: From ABC North Korea test fires quote multiple ballistic missiles as US South Korea war games begin.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that. I'll have to look into what kind of miss they used and how successful they went.
Speaker 4: From the Free Vegan, Columbia student activist in ice custody after Trump administration revokes his visa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're thinking of having a campus Madness feature all deportation edition explaining out what's going on with that. Okay?
Speaker 4: From CNN Jeene Hackman's wife died of hantavirus and days later.
Speaker 1: He was gone. So they think now it was like a week or so she was dead before he died. Yeah, his dementia was significantly worse than anybody had known. Wow, just couldn't last. That was an interesting twist. Haunt a virus that you get from like mouse poop. So she was laying on the bathroom floor for a full week while he's still bumping around the house, honey, honie.
Speaker 4: To Joe's note, in this article, it does mention that she kept his health status very private, so that's why nobody was even aware of it. From the New York Post, Wheel of Fortune star Vana White reveals she only works thirty four.
Speaker 2: Days a year.
Speaker 1: I saw that. It's a sweet gig. Where do I sign up? No kidding? So Pat Sajak, who was making what was he making fifteen million dollars a year or whatever he was making working thirty some days a year. Wow, that money to work ratio. The list of things I wouldn't do for that, surprisingly sure.
Speaker 4: And finally the Babylon Bee transgender mouse obliterates female mouse in laboratory mma fight.
Speaker 1: Uh. I read ezrid Kie and Bremer's Twitter feed last night and he had in there. He said, I can't believe the Democratic Party is still fighting so hard on the issue of transgender athletes and sports and stuff. He said, just for the record, I'm on the same side as the eighty percent of America. But it is quite amazing. A number of big time politicians doubled down over the weekend, like, oh, they're really coming after Gavin. We got to talk about that more later. Gavin Show, who didn't even say anything. I mean he kind of like dodged the question, to my mind, but the fact that he didn't full throatedly endorse the dudes in girls' sports. He's getting killed by the left. What the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: This is the political year.
Speaker 1: Trump is hitler and that's the biggest issue of our time. And country's gonna go away, but we're gonna go ahead and die on this hill.
Speaker 2: That is an eighty twenty issue. It's it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Two things. Number One, my favorite story of the weekend the San Francisco bath house that tried to have a ladies only night. Stay tuned for that. Wow. Secondly, the only thing I can think of, Jack is that they are so invested in the NATO of grievances, the intersectionality thing. The black folks can't break ranks with the trans folks, who can't break ranks with the illegal immigrants, who can't break ranks with the angry Muslims. You can never betray each other. We form a coalition, Gavin showed. There's a little chink in the armor and people going crazy. Wow, it's interesting. We got a lot of news. We got mail bag coming up. Stick around Armstrong and Getty. If there'sn't anybody out there trying to get their PhD in neuroscience or something like that and would like to study me and my inability to wrap my head around the time change. I find it fascinating. I mean, there are some fairly complex things that I'm able to grasp, but I.
Speaker 2: Can't grasp the time change.
Speaker 1: I just can't. I mean, trying to figure out if my body thinks it's an hour later or an hour earlier right now is like a half hour project for me. It's why I have to leave an old timey battery operated analog clock around the house so I can check what diamond do I think it is? Okay, just remember spring across fall sideways. Anyway, last night I had it backwards for a long time. I was like, oh wonder, I'm so tired. I think it's ten o'clock. And then I finally I guess Henry pointed out to me, No, it's the other way around. Oh okay, Yeah, we went through the whole thing. I'll bet everybody does. Trying to figure out when the dog would be hungry and that sort of thing. Of course, he's always hungry. So all right, welcome to a campus Madness, a special deportation edition.
Speaker 2: Campus madness. You say.
Speaker 1: That. It disturbs me every time we play that. Anyway, So ICE has arrested a Columbia student who helped lead pro Palestinian protests. That's the one way to put it. Pro Hamas protests, anti Jew protests, that's how you look at it. I suppose Mackmood Khalil was detained Saturday night by the Department of Homeland Security agents. According to his lawyer, The agent said they were acting out orders from the State Department to revoke his green card. Now, so a green card is what permanent or semi permanent status you get to be here. So what essentially a lawful permanent resident, what are you not allowed to do under a green card that gets it revoked? Advocate for a designated terrorist organization, support or advocate. So anyway, this fellow was allowed to call his lawyer from the lobby of the building where they're whisking him out of and the agent told her the State Department had revoked his student visa. She said she informed the agent that Khalil is a lawful permanent resident, and the agent said they revoked that too. The agent hung up when she said she needed to see a warrant before Khalil could be detained. And for what it's worth, the university is saying, you're supposed to have a warrant before you come on to our property because the building he was in was university owned. Putting aside the specifics of this case and the legalities which I am not nearly qualified to address, it is clear that the vow to do this very sort of thing has begun. Well, I guess you have to because the universities aren't willing to do it themselves. I just is he a student, Yes, he is a student. I don't understand why the well, I do understand why these colleges don't just say, hey, stop trying to take over this building or blocking students from going to class, or we're going to kick you out. It's because the deans and the university professors agree with the protesters. So that's why. Yep, yeah, they might even secretly like what they're doing. Khalil's detention came just one day after the Trump administration said it would cancel roughly four hundred million dollars in federal grants in contracts to Columbia University for its blatant anti semitism. The grants in question from DHS, the General Services Administration, whatever that is. That sounds like it was deliberately designed so that nobody would ever ask what they're doing and how much money they're spending. The General Services Administration, Oh, really, what do you do there? We provide general services generally and the Education Department. In response, Columbia University says it's reviewing the agency's moves and pledged to work with the federal government to restore Columbia's federal funding, adding that the school is quote committed to combating anti Semitism and ensuring the safety of well being all of our students, faculty, and staff. No, you're not, you're liars.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem to be the case, just based on my looking at it.
Speaker 1: Secretary of State Marco Rubio is launching an AI fueled catch and revoke effort, according to MSN, to cancel the visas of foreign nationals who appear to support Hamas or other designated terror groups. Senior State Department officials tell Axios, and that seems to be more or less what's happening. Yeah, well so I but they're gonna use this is interesting. They're going to use AI to comb through social media accounts, news reports, whatever, then match those reports with internal databases to see whether any visa holders were, for instance, arrested but allowed to stay in the country during the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: So I'm reading the book Thirteen Days. I mentioned this last week.
Speaker 1: It's the Lawrence Wright, who I love everything he ever does. But it's the account of the peace accords from the seventies under Carter Egypt Israel. But there's a lot of the backstory on that in the history. And while I'm on the side of Israel certainly mostly versus the Palestinians, you know, there are some pretty ugly back and forth over the many decades. Oh absolutely, And so you can understand. I mean, it's a legitimate position to think Israel has gone too far here or there and then this, and this is why I think the Palestinians are getting a raw deal. Separating that from being in favor of Hamas. If I'm a college kid, though, don't wear the freaking outfit. Don't wear the Hamas uniform. Right If you're wearing the Hamas uniform. It's pretty hard for me to think you're not up with Hamas or down with a Maas or whatever phrase I should use. But I mean, you're dressed exactly exactly like the terrorists handing over the hostages who they beat, raped and killed.
Speaker 2: Why would you do.
Speaker 1: That if you're just, you know, on the side of the humble Palestinians. So another story from our campus madness all deportation edition. Hamas hostage taker who wrote for a US based website boasted of actively coordinating with American campus protesters. A lawsuit alleges this guy, Abdallah al Jamal, a Gaza based quote unquote journalist, was killed last year during an Israeli raid that freed three hostages from his home, and as the headline suggested, he was working actively with campus protesters.
Speaker 2: As was another gap.
Speaker 1: I've closed the tab, but she was one of the on site training the Columbia protesters and occupying the building goals. She was at the funeral from for old Mazraala when he got squashed.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the idea that.
Speaker 1: No, no, we're anti terrorism, we're just pro Palestinian that's a lie. All sorts of so called pro Islam groups make but you get behind the scenes and you know, money is fungible, and they're very, very good at the game of hiding exactly where the contributions and their supporter are directed.
Speaker 2: Final note cow poly.
Speaker 1: Jewish students at California State Polytechnic University in Humboldt. They were taunted with anti Semitic slurs, pelted with fake blood, hounded from classes, terrified. Well administrators encourage them and I quote, to hide their Jewish identity to avoid being targeted. So that is the advice you get on cal Unicornia campuses. If you're a Jew and being targeted by the lunatics, just try to hide that you're a Jew. I'm the one who regularly says Twitter is not real life, so I shouldn't overreact to this, but I was bouncing around Twitter. Man, there is a lot of right wing slash maga hatred of Israel and the Jews a lot. Wow. Now, again, Twitter is not real life, so I don't have any idea how big a deal that is.
Speaker 2: There's there's been no better friend to Israel than Donald J. Trump.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not, at least you know current edition. Yeah, so anyway we could go into detail. But says the Brandeis Center with the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights, quote, the message from the university to Jewish students is clear, downplay or Jewish identity on campus or hide to avoid being targeted because the university will not protect you. It's campus madness. Friends, What did they do to that person to make them do? Was that burned at the state? I mean, that's a nice stinger at the end, Michael, it's well designed, well done. Can try to imagine any other group that that would be accepted for in America where you would say, try to try to keep try to keep that hidden, so you don't maybe wear white face to hide the fact that you're a blax.
Speaker 2: Or that you're gay, or that you're picket.
Speaker 1: Can you come up with anything? If you're a gay man, find a girl to hold hands with while you walk across the campus, because you know that's it. We're not going to protect you. No, no, it shameless, Yeah, shameful. Yeah. I looked into it real quick. North Korea fired off a couple of ballistic missiles. Nothing to see here. It's the same sort of thing they do whenever there's a military exercise just to I don't know, try to get somebody's attention. So nothing to that story. Donald Trump given an interview about the economy is something to talk about and a big story, and we'll talk about that quite a bit, probably in hour two. Is he just thinking long term, big picture in a way that they were even kind of embracing on MSNBC? I noticed this morning. Problem is you're only president for another three and a half years. I'm not sure you can make that work in our current system. That is my great concern. I appreciate the spirit, but dot top. Yeah. So anyway, mailbag on the way, stay here. I hope you had a good weekend. I hope you didn't have a heart attack today because of the time change which I just read about, which is dumb, a dumb theory. My son had his birthday off. Talk about that later. How that wents hard to tell with teenagers whether you made them happy or not. That was weekend. Okay, you have a good time. Yeah, all right, boy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you summoned up those emotions long stored away for me talking to teenagers and getting no answer. You got a pretty good life. Why do you hate Everything's just curious? Continuing our freedom loving quotes of the day from Teddy Roosevelt, there are so many great ones. This may go on for a while. I'm not sure I will do his most famous one than a different one. You probably haven't heard. Speak softly and carry a big stick. You will go far, said Teddy about foreign policy. And then this one. I like, a man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car, but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad. Yeah wow, yeah, yeah, so true. That speaks softly and carry a big stick. We needed to check in on Trump's warning to Hamas last week, which was pretty over the top and provocative.
Speaker 2: And is there going to be any follow up on that?
Speaker 1: Roar thunderously and we'll see what happens. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Trump is not Teddy for sure.
Speaker 1: Mailbag, we have an open door policy. Drop us a note mail bag at armstrong e Geeddy dot com. Joe in Stockton, California writes, the only objection I've heard for year round daylight savings time is concerned for children going to school in the dark and just having you get up too early, that sort of thing. This can be addressed by shifting school schedules rather than messing with the clocks. Start classes at a time appropriate for September. First Monday after Halloween, move the schedule forward a half hour.
Speaker 2: It's an easy date to remember. Easy adjustment.
Speaker 1: First Monday after Christmas vacation, move the school forward another half hour, et cetera. First Monday in August. Stay home. We're at a them solved. I've read a good article over the weekend about some sort of trying a thirty minute increment. I'd never considered that for some reason. That seems like that would break the universe. But maybe not. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I'm willing to try it, though, As you've said, many times, what's the worst that's gonna happen? Well, let's see. John writes Jack Joe. I heard someone I refer to a dude pretending to be a check. We call that drag sometimes or transgenderism, John, but he heard someone refer to it as a guy in woman face. Please use the term every chance you get. The drag shows are the new blackface. Together, we can make woman face as socially unacceptable as blackface, and for the exact same reasons. Yeah, similar reasons. It's interesting to me that drag shows are so often a stupid, cartoonish, insulting portrayal of women. I don't get it at all. I know the whole thing is just idiotic and mystifying to me. I gotta talk about this CONTI conservative uber driver I had in Los Angeles over the weekend. It was very interesting. M let's see different John with no h wrights. I know you guys hate the Oscars, but I found this a bit interesting. So the Stripper movie in Nora was praised for making the entire film for only six million dollars. What was left out of that little tidbit was they apparently spent an additional eight eighteen million dollars on an oscar campaign to get.
Speaker 2: As many Oscars as possible after.
Speaker 1: Making the film. Wow, he sent along your links to the story? Did the distributor or the studio or whatever? So somebody else comes along and thinks I could make money off of this and promote That's that's pretty interesting. Did you see that the we never talked about this, the anti Israel documentary that won Best Documentary. I don't know a thing about it. Oh yeah, yeah, the best documentary no other land was was and he gave stood up there and gave a pro Palestinian promust speach anti Israel, blah blah blah, and everybody cheered like crazy. It was very, very annoying. Movie didn't even make half a million dollars at the box office in the entire country. You're like, nobody saw it. Nobody. Meanwhile, that am I racist dude in his movie made twelve million dollars his documentary Wow, and got no critical acclaim whatsoever. Am I a woman of course, was ignored completely by Hollywood. Is It's raked in views millions and millions and millions. How about this Joe from Dayton, Ohio. Here on Bill Maher Friday, I was surprised to hear that Gavy Knewsome holds Bill Maher as the way to look at liberalism. He holds him in high regard. He should if he wants to win, Although find praise for mister Marr. This would require a hell of a shift in politics for Gavy. One of two things happened. One Gavy's seen the lights through his nonsense, or two he has no conscience and will do or say anything to get elected voters.
Speaker 2: It's that second one. He laughed, I laughed.
Speaker 1: Regardless, he has no moral compass. Is that what the US wants? I'll stay tuned. Yeah, he is a wind a sock Joe, as I've said, and this controversial Mike from Carmichael pointing out his wife's thoughts. So I'll just read it to you. So, my wife and I were watching the NBC News on Saturday night and they went into details about the execution in South Carolina that was supposed to happen by firing squad.
Speaker 2: I actually don't did that actually happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, okay, I got to read about that. They get anyway? Yeah they got him, No, they didn't miss. So my wife made a comment concerned concerning the employees and guards and executioners in their mental health down the road. Because even if you think, yeah, I could take a human life, some people suffer a lot from having done it. I could be wrong. But this guy, what he did, I think I could do it. I think I'd be all right. So this is the part I really like. I started to mention your two comments from the March sixth episode on that topic, and she cut me off. She blurts out, I know, let the other inmates do it. Ask around. I'm sure several would be willing. They could make it a raffle. Give the chance to the others who won't get out later on. Yeah, you got. You're surrounded by murderers. You literally have like fifty psychopaths to choose from, and you're having some poor guard do it.
Speaker 2: Who's going to go home to his wife and kids at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the excellent point. I mean, this is dark, but you got people in there. They've taken innocent lives. They certainly don't care taking the life of some scumbag, right right, I mean, what an opportunity, what a win win, And again a guy could win a little extra time in the exercise yard. Hey, we got something we need you to do. Yes, it's sick and controversial but effective. Yeah. In the United States, we actually cut do somebody by firing squad over the weekend. I'll dig into the details on that, but there's something interesting going on there. Course in the South, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, they got they are normal modern means or what? Wow? Wow wow?
Speaker 1: Somebody extra inexpensive, effective and kind really not a prolonged suffering. Speaking of which the American states, there are fifty of them, ranked top to bottom in a number of categories.
Speaker 2: Where did your state rank?
Speaker 1: Stay with us? Okay? Yeah. Trump's interview about the economy yesterday getting so much attention because if he's unwilling to answer the question definitively will there be a recession because of the tariffs. He's a little concerned there's going to be a recession, but that's part of the plan. And are we as a country willing to weather a little short term pain for supposed long term gain. That's a really big question. A lot more on the way if you miss a segment, gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty