Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling. You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined by bad Larry, Shayan Irving and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Hi, dam Dylan. I know we've been waiting here.
Speaker 3: You were talking to Seaton.
Speaker 1: I was, and then I stopped because I was going to do this show.
Speaker 3: Then I was talking to Seaton.
Speaker 1: Yes, my bad. Therefore we couldn't do the show. I got bad Larry. You know he's got an important calendar.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Larry, no problem, Dylan.
Speaker 4: I'm finishing up a little apple pie.
Speaker 3: Oh my apologies.
Speaker 1: Then when I think apple pie, I think of you. Let me introduce the starting lineup. We have our own Shay gilgis Alexander Shay and Irvin is here. M VP. We have is there is there applause on the It looked like Gray was trying to yeah, yeah, Dylan, Dylan is here. We have Marvin running the controls there, we have Pa Ray, and of course we have bad Larry joining us as well. Uh. Any opening statements, any opening salvos that you guys would like to offer, Shay, I'll start with you. I hit a deer. I killed a deer in the car, ran right into him, and ever since I think I've been cursed. It was a her dough but it's twenty twenty five, so I don't want to misgender you.
Speaker 3: Check.
Speaker 1: You made sure I killed the hell out of her. But ever since, I think I've been cursed with just like just enough bad luck, like I'm like one horse away from hitting the big one, or I'm playing Keno and I hit my numbers, but there's no bonus, like I'm just right there, so it keeps me dragged in. We'll let me leave, but I think there's like a cloud over.
Speaker 3: Me, Danny, and prior to deer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was there before the deer. No, absolutely not, Yeah, I believe so, Dylan. Anything you'd like to offer, well, She send.
Speaker 3: Us a very vivid description of how he hit the deer, and he basically wrote a little short story which I don't think anyone need a deer, but I'm good. Dan, my finger's on the mend. I'm pretty sure it's not infected, so that's good.
Speaker 1: Well, can we find that out before we do meet Friday? And you're gonna be doing the.
Speaker 3: Cooking, don't worry, I can. I can wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Andy, was the last time you wrapped anything up? It's been a while, been a while, bad, Larry, anything you'd like to offer?
Speaker 4: No, what happened to Dylan's finger?
Speaker 3: I chopped the tip off, just the tip, just the tip.
Speaker 4: Scratch scratching off those dollar lottery tickets.
Speaker 3: No, fortunately not no, no scratch off related injuries. I was cutting an onion and I slipped.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry here that sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 5: So I'm looking up the deeper meeting of killing a deer and it says that spiritually, it's supposed to reassess one's actions, their relationships, and their role in society.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: There's the movie The Killing of the Sacred Deer, Sacred deer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and deer Hunter.
Speaker 3: Deer Hunter is a funny one, hilarious, that's a that's a that's one. That's a great movie. But that's when when you watch after you're like, why they do that?
Speaker 1: For the whole family. Yeah, well, there are movies where you go, I'm one and done. Yeah, you'll never watch it, Old.
Speaker 3: Boy leaving Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd never. I don't. I wanted Nicholas Cage to die. Yeah after a while, like I'm done it already. Yeah. Yeah, you got Elizabeth Shoe there trying to help you. Just die? Won the Oscar go Mary Elvis's daughter? Yes, Marvin, have you ever seen the movie Kids? Yeah? Hell, yeah, that's the one and done right there. Yeah, the opening scene, boy.
Speaker 3: Train Spotting and Requiem for a Dream of probably one and done.
Speaker 1: I've seen Requiem a few times. Yeah, I mean, why not, it's a great movie. Schindler's List one and done. Yeah, correct, Well she's.
Speaker 3: Probably seen that like one hundred times.
Speaker 1: No. AnyWho. Recapping bad Larry lost four units last week, you're now minus four and a half. Shay lost two units, you're minus seven and a half, and Dylan lost only lost one and a half units. So you said minus two. Get this out of your system because once we get to the NFL season, you know, now we got to start to prove that you guys know what you're talking about. Okay, it's one thing to be entertaining and gambling. You're entertaining in bad gambling. I'd like you guys to be entertaining in good gambling. Lock it up.
Speaker 3: We're doing Stefan Diggs off season routine.
Speaker 1: What is he coming on the show?
Speaker 3: Just be careful, careful, shut up. Ray.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't know what that was, so we have to be careful. But it looked like there were a few ladies who were interested in uh whatever whatever he had. That was just Manjaro in the powder form. Yeah, and then Cardi B was there, so they're now dating. And but that looked like a a ship show. Ship ship show.
Speaker 3: It definitely looked like more fun than football practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's when you know when they asked Mike Vrabel about uh that. You know, you're going to one of your first press conferences and they're asking about your star receiver that you signed up for three years and he's he's on a yacht with some ladies doing something. The cameras like, how do you not see? I mean, what do you what are you doing?
Speaker 3: It in his face?
Speaker 1: Got you got to take the cameras away when you get on the boat. Have to put them in the bucket. Nobody touches the bucket. We're back on shore. Michael Irvin would have been crucified if there were cameras, like it would have been a rat. Well.
Speaker 3: He also like, it's not like it was like shot from like all the way across the boat. It was clearly someone standing in that like semi circle facing him, who just had their phone up maybe three feet away from him.
Speaker 1: I would have just said it was a movie. It's it got leaked. That was a movie. That was a scene in a movie about doing bad things, and it's not real life. By the way, there were total twelve bets last week in the show. Only two of those bets Hitt just a just a bad week and off week and we h yeah, we move on, No big deal, no no found uh. Shay's meeting with the board. He wants to be an influencer. Wait what happened? So I'm I put in for the social media chair of the local soccer board, the town Soccer Board, and I had an interview a couple of days ago, and I thought it went well, but it felt like they were probing and trying to find out more about me and how I feel about the board and how it's run. But they couldn't flat out ask me, so it was like it was a meandering interview. But I thought I did great. When do you find out if you're going to be on? It didn't give me that. That's the other thing. I was supposed to be two people to interview me, only once showed up, So I don't know if that's a good or bad.
Speaker 3: Probably bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, anything to recap from last week? I know you guys wanted to shy away from the golf. Bad Larry. You lost, you lost all your best.
Speaker 4: Yead both baseball games? Did I lose all four?
Speaker 1: You did lose all?
Speaker 4: Both baseball games against the next right over?
Speaker 1: Four? Right?
Speaker 4: That was a bad week.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh for four that's bad piecers money line with Dylan, I got regulations and Shay got a one one baseball Oh yeah plus money. Yeah uh that brings us to bets this week, Bad Larry. I'll start with you.
Speaker 4: All right, first quarter, the Knicks first to ten points. I didn't I didn't see what the line was on that Becaudrey, have it or now my mind is okay? Perfect? Nick to the first of tennis is a lucky shot. I think under for the first quarter somewhere around fifty five. I'm guessing fifty four and a half, okay. I have Indiana plus the four and a half tonight okay. And then I added two bets after I sent these in yesterday or this morning. I want s G A for the MVP of the finals.
Speaker 1: Wow, and that only and over.
Speaker 4: In game one, I think. Okay, I think that's a five game series.
Speaker 1: How many five?
Speaker 4: I don't want to make that bad even know we don't even know who they're playing yet, although we probably do.
Speaker 1: Wait. Wait, you can't come out and say you think it's going five and then say I don't want to place a bet on.
Speaker 4: It, because if they play the Knicks is going four, you think the Knicks they're going five. I'm saying I'll give Indiana one game, but we don't know that's that's not locked up yet.
Speaker 1: We never know Ship. That's why it's called gambling.
Speaker 3: Anyone who says they know Ship is lying to you.
Speaker 4: I'd like to know who's playing.
Speaker 3: That does sometimes help, Yeah, right, I Indiana, Indiana.
Speaker 4: Will be there, ye, s G A for the m v P in the in the finals and over in game one. I just think it's even.
Speaker 1: You don't know who's going to be You don't know who's playing. I don't know who's playing, so you'll bet on that, But you won't bet on the OKC winning in at least five game at the max five games against whoever.
Speaker 4: Right, I think it's over no matter who plays in that game for game one, we'll see how they see how they match.
Speaker 1: Just I'm just trying to understand your logic.
Speaker 4: I understand you.
Speaker 1: You blindly went to game one, we don't know who's going to be in, but you don't want to say that OKAC will win it in five games.
Speaker 4: There was four baseball games on the card today. When I look this morning, I had three bets. I had to add some more, Betsy one SGA is an easy one unit win. I think they're going to win this series. He's the only one you can give the award too.
Speaker 3: Well, what are you putting on it? Are you putting a unit on? It's minus five seventy five.
Speaker 4: Risk risk six units to win one?
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, wow, I got.
Speaker 4: Football's right around the corner. Guys. I don't really care about this little stuff now.
Speaker 1: Oh, big big man, big man, Dylan, Dylan, How about you.
Speaker 3: All right, Dan, I'm gonna take the Pacers to win the title plus six fifty. That'll probably drop when they inevitably make it there, and I figure, why not? Everyone seems like it's a foregone conclusion for Okay, See so right, Larry.
Speaker 4: Good bet in, Dylan, thank.
Speaker 3: You, And I got Pacers money line against the Knicks tonight plus one fifty. Pacers have been good to me so far the Memorial Tournament, Dan Ricky Fowler to win plus thirty five hundred, Sung Jay Him top ten plus three sixty. He's been killing me lately. And then I got a little two ball parlay for today. Actually this is underway already, but Maverick McNeely over Ryan Fox, Sung Jay Him over Davis Thompson, and Aaron Rye over Tommy Fleetwood parlayed plus five point fifty.
Speaker 1: Ray Ray, who's the producer of this program? If the Pacer you put this on the piece of paper. If the Pacers do reach the finals, how many wins do we believe the team will have against the thunder And you have the over under at one and a half that over okay, yeah, so it's gonna go at least six, But bad Larry would take the under on that, correct, Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't, wait, Dan, I didn't even know that was a line out there till you're just not I'm sorry, meeting the rest from apple Pie right now?
Speaker 1: Can you wait until we're at one o'clock Larry? Wait?
Speaker 4: I figured Dylan was going to talk a little bit. You didn't need me for a second, so I.
Speaker 1: Playing it on a Dylan monologue.
Speaker 3: All right, Larry, four score? I think, I mean the NBA will obviously make sure that at least goes six games, right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I don't know if we need I think that's okay.
Speaker 3: Then the will of the pacers will guarantee that it goes at least six.
Speaker 1: I wish that was always the case. I mean, if the NBA was trying to manipulate the finals, do you think they would have OKAC against India? No?
Speaker 3: No, not manipulate the finals. But once it's set, they're like, I mean we could probably.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you want to manipulate before that you were going to set it obvious? There's a flaw in the conspiracy, of course, yes, but that's why it's a conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, the whole point of the conspiracies is that there's no real rationale behind it, but I can cherry pick stuff to make it seam trip.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not true, because aliens are real. Danny. We got a baseball here, Phillies in the second game laye one twelve against Hot Lanta, and then we got to raise laying one oh five against Clutch City, and then Antifa laying one twelve against DCM. That's baseball, NBA. I got a parlay Danny Nick's money line and the over over two twenty three plus one ninety one. And then, believe it or not, we're going back to golf.
Speaker 3: Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in.
Speaker 1: So I shake off the deer Danny Ludwig my man top ten is plus one ten, and then I got a parlay with my two faves Lowry and Auburg Oberg top twenty laying one fifteen. I know that's gonna bite me somehow. I got some hockey believe it or not, stars are in it, Wyatt Johnson anytime score plus two thirty, and then I got a couple of hot tips for some ponies. Now you did bet on the NBA crank. Yeah, I got mixed in the Overrea. Okay, all right, parlay, I just want to make make sure we got this written down. Evangeline downs race six two five six, exact to box that please. That is a twelve dollars ticket the two five and six, and then we're going all the way to uh Churchill RaSE seven one four and eight. Look out for toll boy. Maybe win the whole damn thing one four and eight, Get a girl, Okay, anything else that needs to be covered here. I'm going to Italy when like next week, So you won't be here next week, I got it. Yeah, Oh no, I'll leave on the sixth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's next week.
Speaker 1: That's Friday. That's Friday. Yeah, so we'll do it all right. Wait, we can do it wednesday. If you want to. Whatever you want to, I can do it. Do it next week. I can do it too in Italy. You't know nothing? Yeah, well you know, I have other things. I mean, it's romantic getaway for you and your life. Yeah, there I go. And do you start drinking in Italy? Do you get back off the bandwagon? It's actually not a bad idea. Do I start drinking in a foreign country? So she can't kick me out of the house because we're in a hotel and it's in my name. That's a good idea. You've been kicked out of the country before by your family. Yeah, yeah, that was rude.
Speaker 3: Leave the continent.
Speaker 1: I think we're underestimating how the Italians and I are going to get along out there. I'm worried about that.
Speaker 3: I am this podcast. I don't know if that'll be the case.
Speaker 1: Once allies now enemies. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean that is I will say though, if you were going to start drinking again, Italy is not a bad spot to start doing it.
Speaker 1: With the wine and the big wine guy.
Speaker 3: They have other stuff too. They have regular booze.
Speaker 1: I mean you can have a Peroni.
Speaker 3: Yeahsa Paroni on tap, Peroni on tap, skun, sign me up, yes on tap?
Speaker 1: Sure love it? Uh, Dylan, you got anything to say?
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna watch some golf, Dan. Actually, I gotta I gotta cook and try not cut my thumb off this week.
Speaker 1: Yes, concentrate on that. So you know, it's worried.
Speaker 3: I've been working on my carelessness, so and all working on it, working on it.
Speaker 1: You're born with that shit. You ain't got to work on that.
Speaker 3: It's a lifelong suit.
Speaker 1: Bad Larry. Anything that you would like to add to this program, I.
Speaker 4: Just want to confirm with the shay Right now. It's race seven at Churchill one four eight. Yeah, I got because I got nothing to do this afternoon, might as well start betting the ponies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Race seven at Churchill seven fifty four post time one four eight. That's a trifective box, the six dollar ticket.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go a little exactly in the trifect the box. We're doing both good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Thanks God.
Speaker 1: So bad Larry. When you say that you have nothing to do this afternoon, why is this afternoon any different than any other this afternoon?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Really true, No plans till you have a wake to go to tonight, and then I'm meeting my wife and Caser and I are going out for a little happy hour after I go to the wake. I do have to cut my front lawn, but it's kind of wet, so I'm gonna push I'm gonna push it out off till tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh rats, that totally would get done if it wasn't a little wet.
Speaker 4: It's a little way I want to get it done. I know I didn't even shower this morning. I cut the lawn. Well, I want to get the workout in before I consider cutting the lawn of workout.
Speaker 3: Now, guys, it is boney outside Larry, so you may have something.
Speaker 4: There, but it's a little it's a little. The lawna still a little wet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 3: Probably will be tomorrow and the day after and the day after.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna put it off and just start betting horses and were still. I say, we have a rule here. You can't better track if you don't know what state it is? Where is Angelina.
Speaker 1: Downs Evangeline down where I have no idea? It's Hawthorne is Illinois, Evangeline is It's not Louisiana, is it.
Speaker 4: I think that's where I would get Louisiana, but built it down Louisa. If you know it is Louisiana, I'm betting it. Then if you don't, if it's the wrong state, I'm not betting that.
Speaker 1: I don't blame.
Speaker 4: It's just we have it's a rule. We go to the track when are we go in aud whenever you guys want, We got to get there. I mean, he's a general manager. He says, if whatever we want, tables, drinks, food, all you know, scholarship.
Speaker 1: Is Danny allowed to come?
Speaker 4: Is who?
Speaker 1: Danny? No? No, definitely come on Danny, No, no, no, no, I'm allowed to I know, I know.
Speaker 3: If Larry actually invites you, that would be rude to turn it down, right.
Speaker 4: The bad thing about that week guys, Dan knows that the bad thing about that weekend is it's my fiftieth high school view.
Speaker 3: We should go to that.
Speaker 1: We could film that, that's content we got to film that. How many of them are felons, Larry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I only keep in touch with about four or five of them, But there's like eighty five on the list coming in right now that our fell I don't know. I would say zero. Salon's honestly, Yeah, they're all nice people and the school yeah yeah, yeah. You grow up down here, you better be a nice guy. There's no reason not to.
Speaker 3: Be a nice what everyone's always said about New Jersey. Yeah, you grow up down here, you better be a fucking nice guy.
Speaker 4: Separate us from please this.
Speaker 1: Is all right. Well, Shan Irving, wherever you get your podcast, I think we're gonna do. Dylan and I are doing one either today or tomorrow. Okay, yeah, I'm gonna get weird tank stuff happening, all right, So Shan and Irving wherever you get your podcast. Dylan is also our chef on Friday Meet Friday's Bad Larry and of course Pa Ray and Marvin who has to listen to this every single week? We thank you. It's Dan Patrick takes a gamble. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: To continue