Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to and that's what you really miss the podcast. Welcome back for part two. It's Diana Week again. I mean, who doesn't want more Diana. There's so much more to talk about. There may even be a Feybury mention.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: So you know some people have Shark Week, we have Dana Aground Week.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: This is what we're doing, So get into it. Turn up the volume and get ready for the sweet sounds of Dana Agron's beautiful voice. This is part two with Dana. The Unholy Trinity was one of the best parts of the show. And your bond with like on camera and off camera, with Heather and Nya and like you and Iya obviously from the very beginning, Yeah, formed a bond just because of exclusion. Yeah, and obviously that didn't last long the exclusion. No, but that the relationship between the three of you, and I think you know, the success of the show, like you mentioned earlier, a lot of it, I think, or some of it was due to the fact that we all did naturally love each other and have great chemistry. And the three of you also had like your own special chemistry amongst each other. It's like those cheerio uniforms and that high pony really did something on camera together. But what like do you have any you know, memories or thoughts about just like the three of you, the unholy trinity, working together and doing so many good numbers.
Speaker 4: So I I those musical sequences like obviously we said say a little prayer, but.
Speaker 1: What was it you and never get one? Oh no, that was the tree of Us. But I love that one very much.
Speaker 4: Songs you Yeah, I just think there was something I was not a cheerleader in high school. I was definitely the ballet theater girl, yearbook staff.
Speaker 1: You know that that was my role. But it was very fun to step into this kind of very typically.
Speaker 4: American high school experience in that form and play this you know, trio that just really gets to sit in their power in the moments where they are powerful.
Speaker 1: It did all quite stunning to try on that hat, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then all three of us became, you know, expressed all versions of vulnerability, and you know that was They didn't sit in that queen Bee triangle for very long. But I do think there was something quite fun about the sisterhood of us and that kind of triangular form when it did express itself on set, and that.
Speaker 1: The costumes for all of us.
Speaker 4: I mean, I remember very distinctly Ryan talking about his creative decisions the sets and the wardrobe and him saying, yes, this show takes place in Ohio, but this doesn't look like Ohio. The colors are more saturated, there's not and be more expressive. We don't need to understand why they are able to afford this, it's just magical realism that's coming through a little bit where this is kind of both like their reality and the dream version of them. So like, let's give them that lift. And I think that is showcased in every thing that Ryan does. It's if you're gonna make something that's hyper real, then you have to adhere to those codes.
Speaker 1: That was what our show was.
Speaker 4: And even with Lou wonderful Lou trying on what was the exact skirt and length and color coms, how that worked at the high ponytail and all of those things that we really looked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bay, I had an envision might have looked when I read the.
Speaker 2: Pilot and tailored to perfection.
Speaker 1: I just I.
Speaker 4: Loved the worlds that we inhibited in those ways our character, and then I loved when we got to do Rocky Were a picture show and oh yeah, Danna what we were able to wear and how we were able to express ourselves in those numbers. To me, anytime we went really you know, much farther into the performance aspect, to me, that was big joy.
Speaker 2: You know, it was particularly fun to watch you do those things too. You could sound the joy, oh my god, like radiating through our entire body. Whenever we got to like play dress up even more you that camera came on, you were doing all kinds of crazy and it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Great favorite.
Speaker 4: I think Rocky Horror in particular, that to me was dreaming one of my favorite episodes.
Speaker 1: To make for sure, and.
Speaker 5: Just watching all of us the way we looked at episode in just the camp aspect of those songs in which we performed them.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I were to go and watch one episode tonight, that would.
Speaker 1: Be the one.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: It's a perfect episode. Yeah, it's so good. It also felt like because that was the first time we did something like that where it felt like we were actually in school and we're doing something special. Because it was so out of our normal routine.
Speaker 1: Yes, so true. Yes, that's very very.
Speaker 2: Just one of those times where it really mimicked. It felt like it was mimicking real life, which was Yeah. You also got to work with Jane so much from the very beginning, and we.
Speaker 1: I know, and so lucky.
Speaker 2: Jane is, obviously, you know me a legend and icon and the anchor of this show. What was that like stepping onto set and you had so much to do with her?
Speaker 4: I know, I've I've been blessed with many things in my career, and I think the women that I've had, and Jane first and foremost, that have been kind of my.
Speaker 1: Guideposts in.
Speaker 4: Duo relationship over time, has just been incredible. And with Jane, I was such a fan of her work, especially I mean her comedy.
Speaker 1: I grew up watching Lucille.
Speaker 4: Ball and to me that was I was just mesmerized by that kind of comedy.
Speaker 1: And Jane, to me, is our contemporary version of.
Speaker 4: Somebody like Lucille Ball, so to walk or make choices in front of me, okay, and just the dryness to her delivery and I mean those lines that she had, and especially when you could understand where it was being ciphered from like everything that you kind of knew was Ian, yes, exactly through j.
Speaker 1: But and just the warmest you know. I think that was the thing too. Every single cast.
Speaker 4: Member that we had, both in our you know, stable of like our core cast and then our guest stars were so generous in the way that they could be a rock and an anchor for us in scenes and.
Speaker 1: Not make us feel inhibited.
Speaker 4: You know, we really I think we're so supported by every member of cast and crew that have been.
Speaker 1: Doing it for so much longer than we had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. We were very lucky. I feel like it's so rare you have that many big stars guest stars come on the show and have big names like Jane on a show and nobody sucked. It's like everybody was great. Everyone was so nice and excited to be there. Oh, Ricky Martin's ugly and so unkind, so unkind.
Speaker 1: No, but truly it.
Speaker 4: You would think there would have there would have been an awkward moment with somebody, but no, no.
Speaker 1: No, And again I think that speaks to casting.
Speaker 4: And you know, Ryan and Brad and Ian and Robert really understanding what was going to play well in the landscape and hand picking those people.
Speaker 1: But I do have.
Speaker 4: Extreme pleasure points, like watching Kristin Chenowith with the watermelon between her life. There are just moments that really ping to me, as just like wanting to cry of laughter having that done in front of you, like when it's in character, as like when she was teaching outside of you know, not singing, as like singing class and dressing after hysterical, hysterical and historical figures. Yes, well, you know, I just I I so appreciate the kind of play we were able to.
Speaker 1: Have and kind of what was being explored on that show.
Speaker 4: And you know, some things didn't work as well as others, but there was just gold.
Speaker 2: Tomic two episodes. You know it's not going to win them all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, seven hundred musical numbers can't can't get them all, right, just.
Speaker 4: Like the little digs, the little like quips, there were so many, even pet bird like hype in man Hands, you.
Speaker 1: Know so good.
Speaker 2: One of the best things on this show ever, is the fight between you and Aya.
Speaker 1: Tighten your pony before you head back to class.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, do you remember filming that.
Speaker 1: By you do?
Speaker 6: Because I remember it was the first time I had had kind of a physical combative scene and not wanting to hurt my friend, but wanting it to look real, and also having the sense of like, didn't like.
Speaker 4: Push me, you know, and she's like, we'll push me real, and so trying to find that line of of being you know, really real.
Speaker 2: It looked.
Speaker 1: Her and then you know, Matt Morrison coming in, break it up, Break it up. Oh but I mean I had been slapped on that show.
Speaker 4: I've slapped people, and then I mean when I slapped Leah in the bathroom during the wrong episode, she was very adamant that I must slap her. And and you know, being slapped is one thing because you think, oh, I can take it.
Speaker 1: That slab thing somebody else is.
Speaker 4: A whole different ceiling because you're gonna you know, it just doesn't feel.
Speaker 1: Right, it doesn't sit right.
Speaker 2: You don't want to hurt somebody.
Speaker 1: No, but then you.
Speaker 4: Want to look really And I guess that's the thing with acting, is everything that you do. I mean, I did this psychological thriller where in the script there were so many things like she eats the raw egg, she hangs out of the building, she does this stuff, and the director was like, oh, Dana, you can't actually do that. We're gonna get like a prop egg, raw egg, and if that's not gonna look real, and you know, our like wonderful props member comes up and shows this like very weird composed of it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Look real, and like, I'm just gonna swallow the raw egg and she was like, well, then you're gonna have to split it spit out. I was like, but then you're not gonna see me swallow.
Speaker 4: And we're constantly finding the ways in which you know, how many times do we get slush sheet?
Speaker 1: I think I only got slusheed once.
Speaker 4: But people got slusheed a lot, and you just have to do the thing, yeah, you know, and if it's not gonna kill you, then you know, and if.
Speaker 1: It's only mildly dangerous, then.
Speaker 2: It feels exciting because it's like you're getting permission to like be that little kid playing dress up and using your imagination like excuse to eat eat egg now? Yeah, and I'm gonna get paid for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Whole debate was like, well you can get salmonilla.
Speaker 4: I was like that if I was a bodybuilder like Arnold Schwarzenegger, I would will you be doing them every day and she was like, there was was that a rumor?
Speaker 1: I was like, no, people do that.
Speaker 4: They eat raw eggs, we eat raw fish, we eat raw a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you eat the rye?
Speaker 4: I had to swallow like three of them and then it was like, oh, now we need to do a different angle. So I think at the end it was like six raw eggs. And our director was so upset about it. I was like, you wrote it in the script. I She's like, but I didn't want you to actually have to do it. I was like, well, you wrote it.
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's probably please, I'll let Diane get sick.
Speaker 1: I'm just not the next day like green, holy sick. Honestly, we've done crazier things.
Speaker 4: AG.
Speaker 1: That's just well.
Speaker 2: And also we've worked through being sickly, so it's well.
Speaker 4: Never have I ever been more sick than when we were filming Thriller.
Speaker 1: Thriller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the super Bowl episode got all of us.
Speaker 1: Never forget it.
Speaker 4: I was had the flu and I had.
Speaker 2: I'll forget it.
Speaker 1: We just have all the rhyming things and a fellow I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: I don't forget that too, because what.
Speaker 4: Were we going to do postpone and like that location, all those extras.
Speaker 3: There was one time that Kevin was so sick on the field. It was like one of those four days that we were filming. It wasn't the overnight one, but he's in his football outfit and I'm standing next to him and we're doing a scene and I looked down and it's not Kevin.
Speaker 1: Oh who had a standing like maybe it was j I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a body double that they had found was like just close enough to Kevin's build that they put him in a helmet and just put him.
Speaker 7: Next to me because he was sleeping in the trailers.
Speaker 2: I was so mad. I was like, you're really going to make me drive down the long beach of one hundred and two and a half fever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did it. Yeah, and then ride yourself back.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I was so happy that day. I was sad you were sick. But they're like, Okay, now Dana has tonsilightest, We're going to take it in turns in Like thank you, Diana. Yeah, just taking one for the team.
Speaker 4: So sick, But guess that was the thing about working that many hours. You just stop one tumble cast. You just sometimes you're going to be sick. And I mean, I definitely know. There were so many moments where they were as you mentioned, like put somebody else in, try to navigate around it, try to minimize the amount of hours that you were on set to you know, be kinder to the situation. But then there's only a certain amount of strategy to that, and then sometimes you're just gonna yeah, put your best happy face on it. Just don't get work, make it work, sir.
Speaker 7: One of my favorite mashups we ever did was I feel pretty unpretty.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I still listened to it.
Speaker 7: Often expends me joy and oh, oh good. Did you like recording in the studio?
Speaker 3: Oh was that something that you knew or were familiar with, because it was brand new to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was branded too.
Speaker 4: I had never done it before in my life, and and the very first time was was for say a little prayer.
Speaker 1: And I remember because as you.
Speaker 4: Can hear in my speaking voice, my natural register is low and I definitely wasn't speaking like that as Quinn. I guess this makes sense that you know you're a younger person, you're playing younger characters, and also probably I just wasn't as comfortable speaking in you know, this voice, and so because she's spoke very high and had this tone, that's how she's sang as well. And I don't know how it was for you guys that Adam Anders. I did not record with Adam and the pilot.
Speaker 1: Did you guys record with Adam? Was Adam a part of Okay?
Speaker 2: Like the first thirteen I recorded with Adam a lot.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Kay, Yeah, yes.
Speaker 4: So it was just such a learning curve because it was so much higher than I anticipated singing. And then just understanding, you know, how to make your voice work to the best of its ability, when you swallow, when you take a breath, when you do these things, and like if there's too much moisture in your mouth, what that sounds like. There's a whole art of learning to sing in a recording studio, and I did not know any of that. So I think that it was a very quick learning curve. But I went home from that first recording recording session thinking, oh, no, I'm really bad at this and I'm just not gonna sing again in the show. They'll just make Quinn kind of music.
Speaker 2: To being a recording artist.
Speaker 4: Totally and now, I mean it's it's fun understanding. Like recently I've been doing some work in the recording studio that's singing, not you know, because as actors, I mean talk about how wild for a slight diversion that we never had to do a dr because of Brilliant.
Speaker 1: We had Philip on the podcast and.
Speaker 4: A master because you know, typically you would have to do all that all the time. But but yeah, recently I've been doing music in the recording studio and then and it makes me feel proud that we learned so much on this show. Oh, I mean we cut our teeth in every aspect of storytelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dancing and singing, the.
Speaker 4: Langurs, everything ethic, Yeah, yes, so many hours and like learning camera work and movements at what kind of drive storylines forward? It is just it really was a masterclass in how to be a participant in a very vivid and larger than life world, how to take that into the real world and to communicate what your authenticity is.
Speaker 1: Who you are. Also, how wild that we were discovering who we were.
Speaker 4: Publicly so unfacing and such age Like we really had a lot to handle those regards.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't think we I didn't at least realize like that was the period of our life that we were in. Yes, and then you all of a sudden have success. We're making more money than we've probably ever made before, and people know us, and so it's a very strange, Like we were all very safe with each other. I think that's also probably why we were so close, because we could find that commonality amongst ourselves. Yeah, and it was so strange to like view each other like what would happen outside of our little group, you know, like who people are dating, or like even like where are you going on vacation? Like everything felt like who are we now? Outside of each other because the people we were before the show is very different well situation, like we're in a completely different part spot in our lives. Yeah, and it was I felt like we were so lucky to have each other and that to grow together.
Speaker 3: God bless. I can't imagine doing that alone or doing that as a solo artist of some sort.
Speaker 2: Right, So I would think about that a lot during that show. I was like, I am so happy. It is such a large.
Speaker 3: Cast, But we were such kids and we thought we were fully independent young adults.
Speaker 1: Yes, we did so in our minds.
Speaker 3: We were fully functioning adults in that place. But really now looking back at it now, I'm barely learning who I am and accepting all of that. To look back at that time and go, oh my god, we were looking for all of this external praise and you know, acceptance in addition to our just figuring out who we are without all of that, you know, or people do that at that formative time.
Speaker 1: But thank god we had each other.
Speaker 3: I just remember we were at our first TCAs and we were at Ruby Foo's and we were talking about we went around the tables like saying what.
Speaker 1: We were for.
Speaker 7: We love to do that, We love to go around the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the paparazzi was so crazy, right, and we were like, we're just gonna hold hands and freak them out and make them think we're really weird. And we walked into the hotel holding hands in linked arms and.
Speaker 2: We were really weird. We No, That's the thing, the.
Speaker 1: Sweetest thing I think I've ever.
Speaker 3: It's like one of us very fond memories I have of being like we are in this together and we're gonna freak everybody else out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, Yeah, I'm still weird.
Speaker 2: Just getting weirder. We're just getting weirder over here.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just choking itself into different forms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I I.
Speaker 1: Think that's maybe. Additionally, why.
Speaker 4: When anyone sees more than one of us together in real life it feels charming because it is one kind of.
Speaker 1: I guess you would hope for for people who have worked together that intensely retain a love in a friendship.
Speaker 4: And and it's I mean talk about when we were traveling in group form. Uh, yes, that was some of the wildest.
Speaker 1: I've never been grabbed so many times by mothers. It was always mothers.
Speaker 2: Yes, the continues today, you're grabbed by that mother.
Speaker 1: That's right. I know. It was a gentle.
Speaker 3: Changed yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but no, I just hum.
Speaker 1: We were kind of this phenomenon situation airport. That's when I really remember the most nuts.
Speaker 2: There's nowhere to.
Speaker 1: And I doing the airport. Would be so wild to see a whole cast at some thing TV walking through the airport at the same time together.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I would be freaked out too if I saw that, I would show I loved you, like, oh my god, you're all the.
Speaker 1: Kettle well here, Yeah, yeah, I get that. I get that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of all the success of the show and like how we dealt with it, Another thing lesson I think I learned from you is you are really good with people. You're excellent with people. You're in like work settings that can feel sort of gross and schmoozy and what like an obligation as opposed to finding some joy in it. You really walk the line in those situations of you know, so like, yes, this is all silly and whatever, but also finding like real connection in that with people, and you get I mean, there's not a person that doesn't like you, like you get along with everybody, And I think that's such a It's not you're not putting it on. You are just genuinely extremely nice and likable. But I think being able to have someone like you in our group to watch move through those situations was a huge bonus for us because it's taught us those things by example.
Speaker 4: That is such a kind thing to say, especially hearing it from two people that I find to be the kindest people and assmates ever.
Speaker 1: So I would like to return that compliment to the book of you.
Speaker 4: I think that's I think that's how you have to be though in this industry, you have to really understand that, like kindness is key, and you will continue to work with different people at different chapter's life and you don't always know when it's going to happen, but why not do it? Which is great leadership and participation and like make everybody feel good at work.
Speaker 1: That doesn't everybody want to do that right to work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean like sometimes you know, like we'd be tired, or like you never had a moment really where you slipped, you know, or like I would have a day I've.
Speaker 1: Had some moment before I've slipped on the floor.
Speaker 7: I just I can't Diana just flopping forward.
Speaker 1: It is just so hard and I am so.
Speaker 2: That was so rough.
Speaker 4: I just remember it so vividly because I just wanted to get there. I was so tired, and I was like, oh you want us on stage?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. I'm running And then I ripped on that carpet and I had a huge rug burns her dress.
Speaker 7: She face flopped forward, I saw her hands go.
Speaker 1: Never forget that that moment.
Speaker 3: It was like after a full day of filming like sectionals or regionals, and they wanted us on stage for her fall and we were like, please, let us just go home.
Speaker 6: Go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now Dan has injured herself.
Speaker 1: Tripped, she stripped. Some of those long beach nights were so late, and you are just let me go home.
Speaker 2: I was like, we should not be allowed to drive home right now.
Speaker 7: No, no, it's not safe.
Speaker 1: Safe.
Speaker 2: One of the best parts of doing this podcast surprising, but I guess unsurprising, especially with the new cast members. We've learned so much about how Corey played this like leadership role quietly with people, like taking time outside of work to like grab sit down with coffee with people or just make sure everybody's feeling safe and whatever. And it's been really beautiful to hear. You got to work with Corey a lot in the beginning. What was your experience like with, you know, working with him and just being his friend through all of this.
Speaker 4: He was a teddy bear, and I mean that in a way of just his kindness and groundedness.
Speaker 1: In himself was so perfect. I just and he was this tall, big brotherly.
Speaker 4: Presence in all of our lives, and he was a few years older than us, and he just felt so safe and so equally excited about what he was getting to experience. With his character, and his character had a leadership position in the show as well. And I just there was not an ungenerous bone in his body.
Speaker 1: And I remember this one time that.
Speaker 4: He was having people swim in his backyard and my brother had come down to San Francisco and he said, oh, you know, you're squinting a lot. Do you not have a pair of sunglasses or something like that. He was like, oh, no, I don't. And it was like, you know what, come with me, and he took him into his room. He's like, these are all my sunglasses. Just take a pair. He was like, oh no, okay, well I'll give him back to you. And he's like, no, I want you to take a pair that you want to take a comb and now you have a pair of sunglasses. I just that's who he was, always, always.
Speaker 1: It was so amazing to have I just Chris bumps on my arms. I just I it's hard to.
Speaker 4: Think of our loved ones from the show not being with us anymore because they feel so present in my heart, body, mind, sold all of it. Yes, And I think that the tenderness that I feel and the memories that I have and who you know, both Corey and Nya and Mark were as people, as cast members, as our friends and family. That's just so vivid and that will never dissipate for me ever. And I think there's beauty in that, and I think it's it's I just I could replay memory after memory after memory. There's so and I in some ways I feel bad because sometimes you could tell me, oh, and then we shot this scene in this scene in this episode here, and I wouldn't be able to tell you that I remember that at all. Yeah, I think that speaks to the volume of the work that we were doing. And even I I rewatched the finale because I know you guys aren't getting to the end because.
Speaker 1: I didn't remember of us do you.
Speaker 4: Opinion most of it? But that's not why I don't remember it. I just there are so many fuzzy details. But I'm so pleased, and it feels so pleasurable that there are no fuzzy details as it relates to.
Speaker 2: Yes beautifully said, Yes, that's exactly right, Yes it is, And yeah, I think we're all very fortunate. Those memories are just stamped in there. It's like what number we did on what day?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 7: Ye, Like I'll never forget Lucy kaboozy.
Speaker 4: Oh I remember that little moment to what what is your transition?
Speaker 2: Jenna?
Speaker 4: Here she goes, because her popularity is on the line again, she must overcome.
Speaker 3: No, no, I didn't mean to swatch like that, but I truly it's just you're so versatile in your life and as Quinn, and it's so as Diana, and.
Speaker 7: The way I know you and we know you, and you.
Speaker 3: Just you are just such a beautiful soul of like no abandon like you just live where you are with like such freeing energy and it's something that I've always admired about you. And so with Quinn, all these things you just took them with such grace and you just went and committed so hard with these, you know, questionable moments sometimes that you know, we all had with.
Speaker 1: Our characters who were like, what what do I have to do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Okay, great, I'll make it work. And it's just so it really does just speak to who you are and what you gave to everybody.
Speaker 7: As one of the most requested guests on this show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, We're like we need Diane, we need her her. We're like, well, we need her. I need her.
Speaker 3: I always need her, but we need her. And it's just a testament to like what you gave to our fans and our listeners and all the people out there who you know, love the show and love your character so deeply.
Speaker 1: This is I. I feel so.
Speaker 4: Loved right now by the two of you, and I really and I love you both so very deeply. And I didn't understand I was going to receive so many flowers to take this.
Speaker 1: I feel learn yet balance. I just want to now go into each of them.
Speaker 3: You're going to sit there and take it, take it, take it, Okay you thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but so generous.
Speaker 4: I I really I feel very loved and cherished by the two of you, and I just hope that you know how deeply loved you both are in my heart, body, mind, soul, all of it.
Speaker 1: I just wow, it's okay, I get it. It's hard to take.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we do this weekly and we just don't on our guests because we have to.
Speaker 1: People here us all the time.
Speaker 3: But they need to hear the testament to which we speak about everybody and speak about the show. It is nice to have you, guys as the test of walking testimonials, like we're not making this up. It's not just Kevin and Jenna making this up. Like everybody who comes on speaks so such loving words about their time and about the family and about what we built together. So we are grateful that you guys come on and share your experience and that it's it resonates and it feels like, oh, yeah, we weren't crazy.
Speaker 1: Kevin and I weren't like the crazy one.
Speaker 7: Sitting in the background like this is all great.
Speaker 2: We definitely well, we weren't always saying that no, no.
Speaker 1: We've been honest.
Speaker 4: But it's really beautiful that you've set the groundwork and hold the space and can sew cleverly and beautifully articulate the experience and really go through the ins and outs it with so many different people on our show, because I think that is how you build the landscape of understanding is talking to people in front of the camera, behind the camera.
Speaker 1: This was a group of people.
Speaker 4: But that's why I love making film and TV so much, is you come together as a unit of people who all are bringing their experience to the table and cares about making something. To me, the making of the thing is the best time you'll ever have. Yeah, if it goes out into the world and it is well received. Sure, that's a bonus that the making of a show is there.
Speaker 1: Is no feeling like it and less doun alignment.
Speaker 4: But if it is a line everybody is joining together in that kind of you know, grand and wonderful way in which we did, then.
Speaker 1: You can't even explain it.
Speaker 4: You can't come home from set and give people the feeling, even as descriptive is just you have to be there and you have to experiencing it on the ground and and that is just a huge life joy to be a storyteller.
Speaker 2: I need you to be in a leadership role on the set.
Speaker 1: Oh it's it's slowly coming together.
Speaker 2: But do you think so deeply and passionately about all facets of filmmaking behind and in front of the camera that hearing you speak about these things, that just makes me want to see, like, what is a Diana production you know, well.
Speaker 1: Direct that we're putting together.
Speaker 4: Now that it's been right, you know, it's like, I'm that's been a couple of years in the making, because sometimes things take a while to write and get and.
Speaker 1: Do these things.
Speaker 4: But I really have been having so much fun building things from the ground up.
Speaker 1: And writing and producing.
Speaker 4: Things, and I've done in short form, not in long form, and I just realized that I was so crave the opportunity to do something that I had a hand in the storytelling that wasn't a script that was coming to me, and a couple of years ago I understood what that story was and we built it.
Speaker 1: I'm super proud of it. It's a really big film.
Speaker 4: It's a very big, ambitious landscape and film that's a psychological thriller is very thrilling to me. Oh thanks, I do think I'm writing something right now. I just finished something that we're sending out to producers right now and they're all very tonally different.
Speaker 1: Uh. It was a rom.
Speaker 4: Calmly, very British rom column that I just finished with a friend of mine. This thing that I'm writing on my own, it's like I'm writing it as a I'm trying to write it as a book first and then adapt to us weekly because I had so much to say that I to build it out in a way that felt honest and true. But I did realize in the last couple of years that in order for me to experience all the facets of joy that are within me as a storyteller.
Speaker 1: I couldn't just wait for the on set experiences.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I mean you days, Remember I always had a camera on set.
Speaker 1: I was always filming things together.
Speaker 4: Do this.
Speaker 1: I see the.
Speaker 4: World in frames, and I just again, I think back on what I learned on Glee, and when I think about Ryan as a visual storyteller that is so specific with his references and tone and just gets it right. I mean, there's a reason Ryan is able to do what he does with such success. And I think cultivating what those things are in your artistry is so fun and so important because once you kind of start going further into that lane, it's it's just intoxicating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, this is why we need you.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. She loves it, she loves it all, she loves it deeply. You with that before we won't. We don't want to hold you for too long, we know, but where we ask everybody who comes on who's been a part of the show, what is the feeling that Glee leaves you with or left you with or continues to leave you with.
Speaker 1: I just have such tenderness for that show. It's a really.
Speaker 4: Glee opened the doors to everything I've been able to do in my creative life, absolutely everything. There would be no path without that, And so it's just so delicate and tender to me. It feels like the exact thing I was searching for given to me at such a young age. To be able to do that show with all of you and find our family in that is just it's joyful, it's tender, it's gleeful, it's you know too.
Speaker 1: I just I really and the older I get, the more.
Speaker 4: Kind of like protective I feel about our show because I think that there have been so many opportunities for people.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're the only ones that really know what it was like.
Speaker 4: And I think that again, meeting people on the streets who have to just light up and want to at the base level just tell you that they love the show or your character or whatever, and at a more in depth level, really want to share with you a specific reason why.
Speaker 1: And we had that then and the fact that we still have that now. There aren't always experiences that you have as a storyteller that dig so deeply into people's hearts. Yeah, and I.
Speaker 4: I may not ever have a project that people feel that strongly about that people lead to tether these these like heart strings too and wrap them up tightly.
Speaker 1: And I think that's phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you can have one, two, three, but if you have one that sits at the top this with this amount of strength, yes, amazing because some.
Speaker 1: Well don't have that.
Speaker 4: Imagine we're just doing other projects that people are like.
Speaker 1: I love the stunts that looked really hard, like yeah, and that's fun and.
Speaker 4: Thrilling too, But like the emotional connection that people have the amount of time somebody's come up to us with tears in their eyes.
Speaker 1: Really have changed my life. Yeah, yeah, it's wild to me.
Speaker 4: But I had that feeling that that's what the show is going to be when I read that pilot. That pilot, I had goosebumps. When I finished it, I just hands I knew if we were given the chance. I can't believe they let you see footage and I love it delicious, And I just it was that overhead angle of him as well.
Speaker 1: She couldn't have shown.
Speaker 4: Me a better clip totally, because there was something about the sweetness and vulnerability that Finn, you know, his release in that moment, his pure joy, I mean the soap bar in his hand.
Speaker 1: It's so cute. It's the brush Cory.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, it's the dream. It's the dream, you know, the.
Speaker 2: So beautiful Justice For. I'm still standing in Quinn in a wheelchair?
Speaker 1: Are you guys?
Speaker 2: Justice For? Do you know the Internet? I know we're leaving, but I just need to know your thoughts on FABERI. Do you know what FABERI is?
Speaker 1: Yes, now I do. That is Leah and I's characters right together.
Speaker 2: People think you guys end up together or together?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What what the future? Yeah? What is your What are your thoughts if you have any on that?
Speaker 1: Well, then what happens to Jesse Saint James?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I'm into that?
Speaker 1: What a power couple? And then we both get directed by him? Oh we're a director? Yes, yes, Oh, we love this. We love it being more and more Emmy's and Tony's.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is taking over the world, and.
Speaker 4: Quinn is her and Jesse they're entertainment lawyer, and she's just really doing great deals for them, expanding their universes.
Speaker 1: What did she do with Yell? We don't know, we don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 4: But she's a.
Speaker 1: Power, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: She's in her power in the future in her throuble with Jesse and Rachel.
Speaker 1: We love to hear it if it were thea Barry What what was sa?
Speaker 2: I also forgot about Santana and Quinn's night together.
Speaker 3: A very special night in the hallway, and then having special nights.
Speaker 1: Toms kiss and make up. They said, I guess I was.
Speaker 2: Like, this happened on the show.
Speaker 1: So much that we don't remember there is much What would you say? What would you say?
Speaker 4: Is this one of the more silly, unimaginable thought twists that you pointed and this recap.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is cliche, and it's probably because we just watched it. What Sue Sylvester in this last season, Oh my god fully unhinged Jigsaw su jig Saw Su comes out Jigsaw from Saw going to a mini tricycle, locks curtain Blaine in an elevator because she wants them to make up.
Speaker 3: She has a hurt locker, which is like a storage unit, and she has a shrine, and she loves Clane and she wants them to get back together.
Speaker 2: And she also has like a murder board basically of all of us with you know, the yarn in between connecting that very unhinged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then she's the president vice president of the United States.
Speaker 3: That's exact naturally, naturally, that's how that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she marries herself, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she marries herself in a track sue as a concept, I think is the wildest part of the show.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think that is absolutely correct. Yes, so necessary.
Speaker 7: I must have, Yeah, I must have.
Speaker 2: I think we did it.
Speaker 7: I think we did it.
Speaker 4: I opisually don't want it to end looking at your beauty faces.
Speaker 2: Like, seriously, thank you so much for spending so much time with us.
Speaker 7: It's getting dark. We got to see the light the sunset behind you.
Speaker 2: Need to go out and have dinner.
Speaker 1: We love you so much. I love you both so much.
Speaker 4: I'm also freaked out by how unchanged your faces are.
Speaker 2: Now you kidding me, you're the most unchanged. Yeah, you must know.
Speaker 1: You better believe. I have a nice filter on.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have the filter all the way turned up on here, and your background is filtered.
Speaker 1: You've got a blur tunnel.
Speaker 2: But I also have my face is also blurred, not a single pore.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, have a great summer.
Speaker 2: We love you so much, So nice and hopefully I get to see you soon.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would love that very much. I r L love you. I love you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much to Diana for spending so much time with us coming on the show.
Speaker 1: For all of you guys, it's so nice to hear.
Speaker 3: From her and also just to see her because I feel like we text sometimes with her, but like to actually see her in the flash is just.
Speaker 2: What a what a dream And we had to do it big of course, so we had to get her and it's she's so sweet and so kind for giving us so much at the time and talking to us about all of this, and it was nice for us. You know, we don't always talk about all things Glee when we're together.
Speaker 3: Right, right.
Speaker 1: That is a good point, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Times sometimes we'll like it'll come up, but we're like, not always.
Speaker 7: It's not like the main point of like why we're connecting.
Speaker 3: So it's nice to be in a an insular.
Speaker 1: Glee place, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys, we have a few more Glee episodes left for you before we leave Glee behind. Not all of it, of course, but you know this this big part. So next up is our series overview. We're doing favorites from the entire show. Kevin, we have our homework.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, we we we've.
Speaker 1: Got it common and we're gonna we're gonna give it to you.
Speaker 7: So tune in and that's what you're reading this.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dana, thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.