Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: Finally we're here Drink Chances, the fourth Annual.
Speaker 1: Black Effect Podcast Festivals.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be there, No, we's gonna tear it up.
Speaker 1: You know there's a lot of black people there, so you listen to the deep.
Speaker 2: Black as hell.
Speaker 1: Hey from twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: Atlanta, Georgia. Please go get your tickets.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, go get your tickets. I know how this happening. I've been going there. It's been going there, You've been going there.
Speaker 2: Go get your tickets. He's going down.
Speaker 1: Drink Champs, fourth Annual Black Effect, Black Black, Black, Black Effect, Dot Cost Slash Podcast Festivals. What up, y'all? This is your main man, Memphis Bleak right here. Welcome to Rock Solid, a production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network in partnership with my guys over at Drink Champs. You should nobody knows. You should nobody knows. Yeah, yeah, y'all, you already know what it is. Yours truly, m Greasy myth Blizzle back in the building with another Rock Solid exclusive. Got my brother here, my smoke partner. We should be Smoke Champs, man, Young Relly ching binging up. It might be smoke after this one, but you know, I got my dog, Smoked Dizzer in the building with me. What's up my guy?
Speaker 2: Come on man, good pla ain't fighting the go one.
Speaker 1: That's right man, Happy New Year, my brother, Happy New Year. Singing y'all all out there at that wrestle MANI your wrestling fast man. You know what I'm saying. What made y'all get it? How did that even connect?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, first and foremost shout out to my brother west side Gun.
Speaker 1: Oh wait o, Lord, they bad the gun. They said, you can't ban the snowman. How they banded the gun?
Speaker 3: You know, you know, I'm gonna save that part of the story for him to tell it. But you know, we've been making some waves and shit got a little complicated. I mean, so they did do my brother dirty on that on that note, you know what I mean. But we got into it, like you know, we since we was kids. We love wrestling and being grown and being able to actually purchase tickets. And some of these guys are actual friends, you know, we support so we always was front row at WrestleMania's or whatever. The premium main event was a w ship t NA, but we got the opportunity to do our own thing.
Speaker 2: So you know we got fourth rope.
Speaker 1: That's what's up man. That's dope, man. Congratulations on that bro Tian hip hop and the wrestling was I ain't never thought, but like you said, as a kid, we always was in there with come on man, they had what was my man animal steallna, my nigga got big jaw stuff, all traded giant. You know what I'm saying. That's when I was in there with Coco b Wad.
Speaker 2: That's the ever that introduced me to wrestling.
Speaker 1: My nigga, We all was a little niggas practicing that shit on our little cousins like brothers like this, jumping off the couch, elbowed in a neck nigga. Noah, that's true man, that's what's up man. So you're doing the music thing, man, what was to come up the moment that you was like, let me get in, let me take this music shit serious man.
Speaker 3: Well, you know I came up in a battle circuit, in a battle circuit, but it was way before it got commercial, wait, before the cameras really started to play a part to it. But you know that gave me confidence. But I when I really took it serious, I want to say, it's uh hm hmm. I think once I started writing for other people and getting some of those ass cap checks.
Speaker 1: Ship, that a change that to make everything here.
Speaker 2: That made my parents take me serious, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So that was why they're always the first haters. Yo. That's literally your first group of haters, your moms or your pops, like your brother all that they the first crazy.
Speaker 3: But you know it was I was trying a lot of shit, you know what I mean. And you know my parents is is West Indians. So they wanted me to get a job. Go get a job.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Like it looked like I was just jerking wreck until they've seen something, they seen my name on it.
Speaker 2: It was like okay, oh yeah keep doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you should pay all they want to make sure that you got paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you figured it out after that. You know, they've been on they've been on board ship. They're my biggest fans.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they become That's how all the haters off.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Listen. My theory. My theory is the hater is your biggest fan because they have to know everything about you to hate you.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: So they are your biggest fans in hindsight, you know what I'm saying. So we gotta love it. And moms and pops. You know, my mom's no, she was telling me put them wraps down, now do that homework. Now she looking like pick the fucking right what you're doing. Did you talk about you in the pool?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, my mom.
Speaker 3: My mom's ain't she like you know, she's she's just happy. I'm doing my own thing. My pops passed, but before before he did, he was definitely my biggest fan. He'll be mad at me, but he'll run into somebody and I'll be the first person he Yo, you know smoke, doesn't.
Speaker 1: He that's my son? That's right. He was proud.
Speaker 2: He was super proud.
Speaker 1: That's all you want to do. That's all you want to do is make your parents proud. Man. That's what sure. So I might have this miscon screw out. Did you did dipset put you in the industry? You got on through them or a different Now?
Speaker 2: I sol shites bub shout out to my.
Speaker 1: Brother Purple City, right right. You know I always had the haze on them always. He was the one that introduced me to real weed. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure that way back in here, Da s is for sure pivotal and and getting me a part of the system, you know what I mean, and teaching me how ship works. And I met Shies through Johnny Ships. That's you know, that's the first person actually gave me a shot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And around I want to.
Speaker 3: Say, oh four oh five, like the tail end of what everybody knew Purple City to be with ag and unlike you know, they was drifting off and doing their own thing.
Speaker 1: The second nicest nigga with glasses up straight up, rest of peace, my man, Batman was the first nigga with glasses man that he was nice. And then when I sing un constant where he came out, I'm like, damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He's a rapping ass nigga.
Speaker 1: Word up, he's a rapper man.
Speaker 3: He's a rappers rapper for sure. For sure, I came in the tail end of that. And you know, Shites is still pivotal in my career today, you know what I mean, Like, that's.
Speaker 1: He's doing this thing in the wee game man, right, sure, that's what man. He was out here winning a round with them. That's when it was piff.
Speaker 3: He actually made the word piff in the in the Urban Dictionary is made by Shit's buff.
Speaker 1: So no fucking way, man, that's what's up man. So how did that link bridge the gap for you to link with currency? Man? A man burned up man.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: And I want to say, like nine, when we started, like doing south By Southwest.
Speaker 1: Damn, I was the first ones doing that.
Speaker 2: It was out there.
Speaker 1: That's around when it first started old Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we had the Smokers Club that was our brand that we was pushing at the time, and we did our first show in south By Southwest and spit It was on that show. Whiz was on that show, Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar was on that show. Big Crit was on that show, and you know that started our brotherhood. But the first time I actually met Spitner was when he was on the Freshman cover and I think that was a little before we did south By Southwest and it was a session with Mickey Fax. And this is when Spitter was smoking blunts. I know he don't want to hear that, but smoking blunts, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, he was the first to the conversion of the Paper Paper.
Speaker 2: Gang but.
Speaker 3: To answer the question, you know, going to south By Southwest, that's what started the button brotherhood of all of us.
Speaker 2: And that's how I really like started kicking it.
Speaker 3: And then you know, moving to Dame, you know what I mean, when Dame had d D one seventy two, that's where we.
Speaker 1: Really Oh yeah, I remember he was fucking with Dame. Yeah. Man, Dame and Spinner had drama too, yo, Chill, I forgot about that. Yo.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure they're good now, of course, you know, but yeah, that's where we really was, like you know, cutting records and just run around the city and just you know, kmarate.
Speaker 2: We really got built, dud. That was the foundation, man.
Speaker 1: That's what's something. Man, currency a good dude. Man, I was supposed to go out there to New Orleans and funk with him. I'm gonna make it out there real soon. Man, he got a Taple movie, trust me. I know by g fucking you from a legendary you know, every borough in New York got they Spinners got their legendary history. Top dogs like being from Harlem though, Like that's that's a lot of pressure because y'all put a lot of people came out of Harlem Man. You know what I'm saying. Might it's too many to name, but you know, the elite main niggas mas like puffing from Harlem. But I don't know how he adapted Harlem. You know what I'm saying, I don't know how to happen the locks too. Lots from Yonkers if they adapt their Halem too. Y'all cheating my niggas is stealing artist. So we're gonna talk about that on another episode. How harllm be just stealing niggas nigga? Yeah, all them to you because it's love. It is, you know it is. I'm not hating, but I'm just saying. We never took a queen's nigga, just like he's Brooklyn. Queens took Brooklyn niggas they took, Yeah, niggas definitely think a z fro queens.
Speaker 3: I want to say, yeah, y'all, lord, y'all lost some y'all lost a few of the queens.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Niggas took niggas jack, But.
Speaker 3: It's love, you know, you know, it's it's a five Borough thing when we're out of New York. But you know, queens get the money. You know Harlem. You know what we do in Brooklyn. You know how y'all niggas give it up and then shout out to the brook.
Speaker 1: No more we making it Brooklyn, keep on making it. Were making it now. We got new mentality, y'all. I mean, it's twenty twenty six. We gotta get this money, baby, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But like I said, being from Harlem, you got May's dip set. Cam. You know, Cam is dip set fucking the locks. Big, you know, Big Al McGrath. It's a lot of legendary spiders, too many to name, too many, man, But like, what was the pressure like for you to at your name in that historical line up?
Speaker 3: Because you know, Bliss, it never really was no pressure to be honest, because you know, I knew where I was from, but I also knew, you know, I had my own path to make and lead. So like, I think it gave me more of a confidence to be a part of the group of names that you said, instead of really having pressure, because you know, when I'm everywhere I go, I'm waving a flag of Harlem, and obviously you know I'm a New York nigga. So I got a lot of friends that's from the South and the Midwest and the West Coast. So, you know, being a Harlem nigga, I always stand out because when niggas ask me where where I'm from, I say, that's right to say New York.
Speaker 1: That's right. Nobody says it's crazy. You could be in another country and you're like, yo, where you're from. Niggas say they borrow.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Let them figure out where that's Oh, New York. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I think it gave me more of a confidence instead of a pressure to actually like live up to what other niggas was doing, because I feel like I not even I feel, I know, like I came.
Speaker 2: Up in it in the Internet era, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's completely different to how you know, the guys that trailblazed the way came up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So, man, listen, y'all killed this. Listen. I go to my streams, I go to my Spotify and look at my old albums and be like, oh, my ship was weak on here, and then you look at me like they like, damn, but I went gold. The foot traffic was good, niggas digital traffic was bad. But for y'all to come up in that new era, y'all paving the way now for the like my next thingment whatever, go into the other brand deals, the merchandise, the the weed brands, like everything. How was that? Because I feel like you want of the main, like the main only artists in New York that really maintained his brand outside of music where it's not just about music. When they spoke, when they speak, smoke dizzer right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what's ill blizzled?
Speaker 3: Like I was talking to Rob Mark mean years ago, like cause I used to be thirsty to get on a Freshman cover Like that was like something that I had to have back then, and I never got it and all my friends got it, like niggas that was next to me, niggas that came up under me. I used to be like, what do niggas got against me? And then Rob told me it wasn't what people had against me. It was like yo, like what are you doing outside of rap? Like you gotta have something else other than rap to make a story for real this day? Like yeah you nice, Yeah you talk that shit, but what else? And from that day I was always thinking about my what else because it got to be more than just you know, rap, It's business, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 3: So putting all those components around, like the weed, the wrestling, the fly ship, you know what I mean, Like it's it's all different brands and ways that I could compartmentalize and make money off these things. So I think just having that mentality made it a little easier for me to develop ship and actually keep it going. And obviously I can't do it by myself because nothing great happens alone. I mean, so I had a lot of partners along the way and I still do.
Speaker 2: So, you know, just taking that serious.
Speaker 1: You can making my notes look like I'm Steven a blessing because every time you say something, I look down. I'm like, yeah, that's going into my next note. K I need an ESPN spot.
Speaker 2: Now you're at this.
Speaker 1: He's really good at this. Good look. And I was gonna say, because you know, you said your business mind like, that's what I was gonna say, because these kids out here today don't really understand how important ownership is. Man Like, speak to them about hindpoint ownership is behind your brand and how that shapes your like your mentality shaped about that because if you don't own nothing, then you're just doing all the footwork as a slave trader.
Speaker 3: And you know, because the ill part is you learn how important ownership is.
Speaker 2: Not owner shit, you know what I'm saying, right, and ownership and I learned. I learned the hardway.
Speaker 3: I learned from you know, just being impulsive and doing shit when you just see that one number and you just got to get to that, and just being impulsive instead of just being like, you know what, own money ain't good money and if I wait, I can get triple at quadruple that. But you know, being young and having a family, it makes you impulsive, especially being an artist, a nigga from New York that got to keep up, you know what I mean. At the beginning, I made a lot of impulsive decisions that made me have to learn, you fee what I'm saying. So going through that hitting my head a couple of times, I was like, all right, doing the same shit over and over and expecting different results. This is insanity and I'm not a crazy nigga. So slowed this down a little bit and focus on one thing and then build a team around me to make sure that these things don't happen against That's a fact.
Speaker 2: Owning is very important.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. All these kids, they be so quick they see the dollar. Yeah, don't think about the end results. That's how it all. My theory is, if somebody ready to give you something up front, what they making on the back end, how much is it worth you? Feel me? Because nothing is free. If you're gonna give me this, then I mean you got a profit. You're not giving me this money to lose. You gotta think about it that way. So you know, that's my thing when I talk to these young boys about all that, Like you was the first I heard, like, you know, when you listen to the Southern rappers, like the pemp Seas, the scar Faces, the you know, even out west and the Bay, a lot of the Bay areas had that you know, chill, the smoke adelic vibe, the like the pimp field you like, I feel like the first East Coast consistent artists with that as hell? Do you feel like you get enough credit for that, for your contribution on the East Side for that?
Speaker 2: Oh damn, that's a good question, bro.
Speaker 3: No, But to hear niggas like you say that when I'm talking to niggas like kiss you know what I mean, and other the niggas that I grew up on that y'all inspired me. When I hear from y'all and let me know, Okay, you're doing it right, you know what I mean? And nah, I don't feel like I get that credit. But at the end of the day, my story's still going. So I'm just I'm pushing. I'm not really looking for the praise either, like, but to get the acknowledgement, it's always it's always good to know that I'm on my path, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I'm a firm believer whether one or one million, right, because one could tell a million facts, you know what I mean. So I'm a firm believer of that man one person listening and know and see and can tell. That's so all you need, man and integrity is everything. You can hear it in the music. Niggas know when you you authentic or you're faking it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, see it because you know when the cameras ain't on, can't fake were full sizing everybody up the right, Are you really what you say you are.
Speaker 1: That's the shit. Social media giving advantage to the to y'all with where and out there you can hide a nigga. A lot of these artists hid behind the Double Excel interview, the saucemag interview. They video and then the camera cut off. You never see these guys again. So to you as a fan, you like, oh, he with that ship, and then social media come out and you're like, wait a minute, hold on niggas mushing this hood like he can't even get out the car to go to the store, Like wait one second. Like social media ruined it for a lot of niggas from my era, but I feel like they enhanced it for a lot of niggas for your.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the niggas from or some of the niggas from my era, we just know that, you know, you don't gotta be if you're not. I'm not a tough guy, that's right. You fee what I'm saying, Like, that's not the.
Speaker 1: Coolest rule the world.
Speaker 3: Maybe you feel me, So I'm just like, you know, I'm gonna always be unapologetically me because that's all I know how to do.
Speaker 2: Now, do I get angry? Yeah, nigga I'm human, you know what I'm saying. So you know, niggas get mad.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I know how to carry myself on social media because I know it's other people watching. Like my kids follow me on social media. My niece followed me, like, you know, I got I got kids that's looking at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's like anytime I pull them in my stories, my kids is the first person, the first people there.
Speaker 2: So that's a fact.
Speaker 3: I know I'm being watched. And not only that the world is watching, you know what I mean, it's people watching me that I've never seen a day in my life. So I got to make sure that you know, I represent the right way for my family at the very least, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. That's a fact. Do you feel like let me ask you in your opinion, because I get this question a lot. People always ask me what project or what record you feel like best represents you or tell a story about you.
Speaker 2: I would say an album.
Speaker 3: I say my album with Pete Rock, Don't Smoke Rockete. That was that was like the catalyst to me, like being recognized by people I really.
Speaker 2: Look up to.
Speaker 1: You know, Pete Rock is a legend.
Speaker 3: Because it was like, nigga, you got an album with Pete Rock, how did you do it?
Speaker 1: Fact?
Speaker 3: I mean so, And Pete was like my Phil Jackson, Like I was in the studio for every song with Pete and Pete will be like, nah, do it over?
Speaker 1: Mmm you need Yeah.
Speaker 3: He will push back like no know about that. Oh no, that's that's it right there. Don't do nothing else.
Speaker 2: And he was allowing me to challenge him like, nah.
Speaker 3: Pete, I know you know everybody loved the drums, but let's hold the drums on this one. He's like, you know what, We're gonna name the song hold of Drums. And that's like one of my most popular songs.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, hold the drum. I told my niggas cheat album gonna be called it's cheat fall. It's cheat fault. It's your Fall'm in here rapping this ship. Man, you did this ship. It's your fault. So if they say it's whack, it's cheat fault. If it's lick, it's back. I still cheat fun yo, like doing the brand and the hip hop shit man, Like how do you stay focused on different my high words get fucked up? Keeping it separated like one from the other because I'm gonna tell you I've been in this business. I had the brands get low I done, have the brand Cush Gang. You know, we got the rock Salid moving, we got the weed brand mind right. And I ain't got one T shirt on nobody nothing because I'm not from that era. You know, at Rockefeller we had somebody that did that. A whole department. You go down there and tell them, yo, I want this done. You had boxes of T shirts next week in the office waiting for you. You came up with a logo, you sent it downstairs, Bobby Dash, run that shit downstairs. Boxes of hatbands, hats, T shirts was waiting. So I never knew where to go out and get that plug that footwork for that. It's not like the capsule spot.
Speaker 2: See for us.
Speaker 3: You know, I just utilize my buddy system, you know what I mean, And like how I separate it is, sometimes you can't separate it. Sometimes the worlds just meet regardless as much as you try to separate them. Sometimes it just makes sense to you know, cross brands certain things. But I lean on my buddy system, you know what I mean, Like, what good is your comrades if you can't utilize them.
Speaker 2: It's not using them, it's utilizing them, like.
Speaker 3: You know, Like for instance, West makes some of the best merch in hip hop, if not the best merch.
Speaker 2: I wear his shit like I wear Blendciago, Gucci or.
Speaker 1: Anything else, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: My man Steven Quasi, they got killoff season, the lever shit I'm always and I'm wearing that shit. I'm paying top dollar too, you know what I mean. The same way how I'm gonna spend with any of these other brands. It's not only to support my friends, but I like fly shit and I'm gonna utilize them niggas too the same.
Speaker 2: Way, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's like you gotta you gotta build your farm of people around you and all y'all. You know, we all feed off each other like we you know, we don't charge each other for features and no shit like that.
Speaker 2: Like nigga, We just working.
Speaker 3: Keeping it, pushing, keeping it in the family is really like the black dollar when you think about it, you know what I mean, We keep it in the family, we always gonna expand it.
Speaker 1: That's what's up That bring me to a story. I remember being a young nigga. Right. It was probably like about twenty one, twenty two, and I'm walking in this is when we did h We was in Death Jam office, Rockefeller on fifty yeah, and I'm walking in the building coming in there. I got two three of my niggas with me, Jay coming out, and I'm like, yo, ho, what's uthing? Man? I need I need more radio support. I'm telling this, nigga, I need niggas. You know this when the merch the label wasn't the same Rockefeller. This was at the tail end where you put that call in. It wasn't boxes and T shirts waiting no more, you know what I mean. And he was like, Yo, you gotta get your niggas to move around and start. You know, none of your niggas got no plays. None of these niggas know how to move around. So I'm looking at my niggas like, now all my niggas know how to do? Is is? Shoot? It's that nigga was like, then you need new niggas. So I'm looking at him like, Nigga, I can't get rid of by these my niggas, my childhood friends. I can't fork them for only knowing how to hold it down, and he was like, but we don't got no beef. Niggas don't neither Holy down or nigga have to think like damn, even my new niggas ain't make no merch. I ain't got some new niggas. They ain't make no yo. They Florida at the range learning.
Speaker 3: Nigga. They preparing like if you go that, oh man, I gotta send you some Marco blizzle.
Speaker 2: Just I see you the mock up some way to get it done.
Speaker 1: Just go come hold me down, man, put me in the game. Yo. The merch ship got you, I got you. We slipping dog you that nigga burn The man told me, yo, bro, I make I don't even want to you know you sometimes you're like talking personal conversations you because then they won't talk to you again.
Speaker 2: Bernie like that now killing him.
Speaker 1: He is destroying them.
Speaker 3: Niggas in a wheelchair right now performing though the niggas. I think he tores fibula and some ship like.
Speaker 1: No, niggas ain't even athletic. How you do that? A blank? You can't smoke a blood? Turn the fi yo?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: Are you well?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: How you rolling up in the.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Niggas is not athletic. Those are like sports injuries. While nigga like, Yo.
Speaker 3: When I see that, I was like, how the fuck did he do that? But I've seen him on the internet. But then I also seen him in front of like thousand people, Like last night, I said, get.
Speaker 1: Better, my nigga, Man, get the fib right. Damn. I remember I broke my ship Man in Miami got hit by a cab riding them scooters and they had to do summer jam in the wheelchair. I thought I was Big, because God, my blessed. I seen when Big got his car accident. He had a show and he had the girl wheeling him around. So I thought I'd do that as summer jam. It wasn't that legend It wasn't that legendary. No one remembers.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that legendary.
Speaker 1: It was legendary in my mind. Remember th wor Yo, What keeps you grounded in this business? Being through you know, having all the relationships you have, being through all the situations, deals, independent, you know, records not going like you wanted to go? What keeps you grounded as an artist? The way you like? Man, I'm gonna still stay focused, you know what I'm saying because a lot of niggas, you know, they tend to give up and not know how close they was.
Speaker 2: Yah, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I'll be one of them artists like I used to be, where it's like, man, fuck this shit, and then it'll always be one thing to bring me right back. But just being persistent, you know what I mean, and just knowing that this shit is a marathon for real, I mean so like, and I guess keeping me grounded also is looking at people that actually gave up, you know what I mean, and not saying uh maliciously, like respectfully, like I don't want to be like this, nigga.
Speaker 2: I gotta keep it going, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And and obviously you know the people that believe in me that I'm actually doing this for them too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it's like I can't. I can't give up, nigga.
Speaker 3: I've been nigga, done came too far anyway, So it's like, I ain't coming this far to just come this far.
Speaker 1: That's a fact, feel me, that's a fact. That's a bar. I ain't come this far just to come this far. That's a boy, I think, Boy, French just said that. Right, there's new joint with him and Max, Yeah, with him in Max Man shout out the way the cokewave. See yeah, I'm fifty the coke wave. They got me back on the coke wave almost on the fifth flow, and I'm on the coke wave. Ship is bad music influencing the old hands now, YI, so out of everything, man, like you do the sports. Y'all got your sports entertainment thing. Man, you got the brand companies, you do the music. What's the most fun? You think? You can't say? All three?
Speaker 2: Nah, all three ain't the most fun.
Speaker 3: Because you know, obviously, nigga, we came up smoking bud so just to be able to move how we move with the weeds, like that's unfathomable. You can't, we can't fathom that.
Speaker 1: Hold on from New York. Y'all gonna wait till I move to legalize it. After y'all to locked me up in every county, then at every precinct, pay every fine, and every time I got locked up in always a school zone around where the fine go extra five hundred because you in the school zone. I got locked up on the GW and they said I was in the school zone. The fuck is there school on the bridge? Word like? And this is when they came out with the Mason jaws. Now they got just lit the al and the cop right there, the smoke going up. It looked like a cartoon to smoke on there. And he saw me. Nigga pulled me over lout. This is one of the funny stories. We're gonna go back. I'm sorry, but I gotta tell his story because got the Mason jaw. If you know a chia pet, that's what the Mason jaw felt like. Looking where to stash it car. That shit felt like it was growing as the cop was walking up, it was growing more like I just put the ship on the dashboard, like fucking ain't nowhere to put this ship caught. So of course he takes me out the car, take us to the precinct. We get down there. I got got the bleak on my own tatty. Then they could go to take pictures. You got tattoos, know how they hit you with that? Let me take pictures and they could take a picture of my tattoo. He looked and say, you Memphis bleak. I'm looking at the nigga like, well, I just so you think I'm a fuck I'm that much of a fan, nigga? You bugging like Nigga was like, come on, man, tore the ship up and let us go my nigga on some g ship Like I'm a fan, Nigga rocks for Why you ain't say that on the bridge, Like I ain't know that shit work. Hey, y'all heard of Rockefella, you know, but that we story you just said made me think about that. Man. But I was asking.
Speaker 2: You the most fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you have the most fun or the most intriguing thing that that you wake up and drives you the most, give you that push.
Speaker 2: Right now is the wrestling shit.
Speaker 3: I'm having the most fun in the world with that ship right now because it's like, you know, it's a new business and I'm getting to like mingle with people that I grew up watching and I'm learning not from a fan perspective, but from the business perspective, like behind the curtain actually being you know, one of the owners of a wrestling promotion, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's different.
Speaker 3: It's super different because we indeed, but we we work on a major.
Speaker 2: Structure.
Speaker 3: So I'm learning so much and I'm getting to put my knowledge of being a fan for forty one years to test. So I'm having the most fun with that shit and just creating matches and putting new wrestlers on, giving nigga shots, you know what I mean, and just being embedded.
Speaker 1: You we can signed wrestlers. Choke. That's a wrestler. Dog. Somebody in the hood think they got that max skill wrestler. We wrestler entertainment. Now you know what I mean. Yo, So ship you've been there. Let's go Top five all time wrestlers, Top five all time in order? No no, no order?
Speaker 2: All right, Well I'm gonna go. My number one is hoh Kogan.
Speaker 1: That's right. I don't care. Despite whatever, Yeah, despite the controversy. Niggas know they was a hooka.
Speaker 3: Baby I was, and not for nothing blues with that was my men, Like, oh, you know, I knew that was my man.
Speaker 1: I never been saying see and they said he was racist. Come on, dug you darker than me, you know what I mean? Like dog, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I went and had dinner women and all that, like a couple of year years ago.
Speaker 2: That was that was my man.
Speaker 3: And you know shout out the Nick his his son Nick Nick still home today.
Speaker 2: But Hogan, Chris Jericho.
Speaker 3: I love Chris Jericho because he got the the fucking art of reinventing, you know what I mean That Nigga reinvented for the last thirty years, just every year something different. And he didn't won every championship in every promotion, Stone Coat, Steve Auston, you know what I mean, Like he ushered in the ad an error in wrestling that.
Speaker 1: Nigga came in drinking a beer, crack a can of beer on your head. Yeah, straight with the bad leg too. I didn't got the stinky leg early.
Speaker 3: And the George, the George before, he just wasn't wrestling in them. But he's coming out with the George the can of beer in the middle, yo. I mean Undertaker.
Speaker 1: The Undertaker changed the game. They could come out, shake the rope on you and choke you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we knew it wasn't it's it's not a human walk in the earth, that's like the Undertaker, But we all took him serious, you know what I mean, Like he had the art of making the fans believe.
Speaker 1: But it was rumors about him. They were saying they they doubled the Undertaker, like they put a new undertaker.
Speaker 2: Not an eye.
Speaker 3: So that was nineteen ninety five when they did an Undertaker first Undertaker thing for Summer Slant. They had Prome Tom Bryant Lee playing undertaker to confuse niggas.
Speaker 1: They said that with the Warrior too. Before that they doubled.
Speaker 3: But no, that's not true. That's just people just chatting. But on my number five is probably Sean Michaelson.
Speaker 1: K. That's right, that's right. The Heartbreak Kid by nigga, fuck it, what was it? The Heartbreak Foundation was it?
Speaker 3: That's the heart Found found Yeah, that's Brad Hard and Jim and Anvil yo.
Speaker 1: See I was like tag team niggas because those niggas the Killer Bees, the Road Warriors, yeah, my nigga, yeah, the Road Warriors was yeah, before they merged, it when it was the w A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before they went.
Speaker 1: To before they merged, it was w c W and w w F. Then they merged, they made it what w w E. All right?
Speaker 3: So w w E came because w w F is the World Wide Wildlife Federation, so they had likely they lost a dispute to them, so they had to take the f and turn it in the E and it's it's sports entertainment. Like they didn't w w E don't they not?
Speaker 1: Like insane? Man, I told you, Jake, the snake was my nigga. Nigga put the snake on you word, then you had my man an the move? Still eat the turnbuckle.
Speaker 3: You know, niggas, you're judging real life.
Speaker 1: Nah, chill, But niggas, you know what a lot of these young niggas what the iron sheet move? Put a little nigga in the cammebel clutch. That nigga dropping his flag nigga Like I'm going straight, I would be a doctor down. What's that you did to me? Remember back in the day niggas was practicing the moves or niggas in the hood like put a little nigga in the campbell clutch.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that's how niggas was getting put to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's my nigga? The ted dB man dollar dream on a niggas or my man? Damn when it was the fucking n w O. What's my man had to slick here with the tooth pick? Nah, that water juice, raise a ramot, put you in his young niggas dropping. I'm telling you you'll get a young nigga to get out the game. Yo. That she came in with the bent up shoes and kicked ass.
Speaker 2: And she was like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like that, my nigga. That's what's up, man. So let me ask you this. You gave me your top five wrestlers, top five all time smoking rap niggas.
Speaker 2: Oh, nobody asking me that.
Speaker 3: I ain't no order. I'm gonna go With's Khalifa. He gotta be up there, Yeah, he up there. Currency of course, gotta be.
Speaker 2: Kiss kiss.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm gonna put this, gotta put them together as a group, okay, kiss styles.
Speaker 2: I love smoking with them. Niggas ain't hearing stories. So that's that's three.
Speaker 1: You me. Oh shit, I'm in the Smoker Haulics.
Speaker 3: Four and then my fifth one, my fifth one, I'm gonna put dog in there because this nigga, Snoop. Always, for any time I ever smoke with this nigga, I'll be coughing and ship.
Speaker 1: I got beef with Snoop. It's up. It's up. Every time I see Snoop, it's up. That nigga. Only nigga smoked me out where I'm like, yo, fair, I can't. I'm done. I'm too high. I can't smoke no more. Twice. You know how the first time it happened is like this shit ain't happening again. Next time I see this nigga, I don't care how many blunts you roll. This ship ain't happening again. And then I get up with him again, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: This happened again.
Speaker 1: Yo. I got a picture with Dazz and Snoop and Corrupt, and the fucking picture is so much smoke in the room. The smoke looked like it's posing with us for the flick war. My nigga, Snoop, it's on, it's up. He don't even know it's beef. He don't even know it's beef. It's up soon, it's up. Soon as I see you for her, I was waiting for you. I was gonna be like, no, Snoop. But then now my top my top five smoking rappers from my era. I gotta put you put a group. I gotta put the dog Pound, gotta put Snoop. I gotta put my nigga exhibit.
Speaker 3: Got to missing one that I I bunched all two niggas up together on the weed ship.
Speaker 1: Who else I gotta put up there? Man, I gotta put red in Meth as a group too. Without redding Meth, I be smoking sticks his seeds in my weed. I felt like Biggie was talking to me. I still pick seeds out your wied. I felt like that ship was a straight shot at me because I was at some show and I'm throwing that ship. And then I heard the verse and I'm like that nigga was talking. Biggie shitted on me. That was about me. Yeah, and Rad and Meth we got the LA and they was like what you're smoking on? And I showed them. They like, come on, little Bro came with me and they took me to the Homie and I got some ship and that changed my life. So they gotta go up there. Who else from my era that was a major smoker, fucking hauling.
Speaker 2: Mm see. I think about backstage when it was you and.
Speaker 1: Jah No Joe's smoke all it, but jo Yo. I love my bros. Man, I love you Joe, you know I love you, You my nigga. But Joe still smoke dispensary weed. He don't care like you know, his levels to this ship y'all, don't he don't care. He's smoking. It don't matter like Roland, he don't care. So that's why now no he up there, he'll honorary mentioned. But no, I don't care because you're my man. No, no, you're my man. Who else I'm trying to think because it's a few niggas that I done burnt it down where we done blazed it. Mm yo, this one I was left field. Niggas would never think paused in his name though it's twenty twenty six. To you, my bro, you might have to change your name. Miss the Cheeks, you definitely got to change your name. It's twenty twenty six. I love you, my nigga. We can't call you mister Cheeks. Not in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Nigga, I didn't even know he was a buddhahead like that what the lost boys?
Speaker 1: Yo? I was in Miami. One of the illest smoking sessions I had. I'm in Miami. It's me Miss the Cheeks, a corrupt wow like niggas would never think and know my niggas bro, like man Cheeks, you gotta pull up. We gotta talk about this new name. In twenty twenty six, we readvanced, I'm blizzle. We changing his name. Fuck that, that's my dog. He gonna wanna fight me. We ain't see me because he from back in the day. You know, niggas be like that, or see you and be like, yo, you owe me five minutes. You owe me five minutes. You know, see you and be like yo, five minutes.
Speaker 2: I ain't got nothing to do with.
Speaker 1: Nah, but cheeks up there. He'll smoking ass nigga too. Man. I gotta put him up there because he blowed down heavy with your boy. Word Another thing, man, what's your take on the direction you feel New York music scene is going.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 3: That's a tough question because I want to take myself out of it and answer it non bias. I think it's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm not really a fan of.
Speaker 3: Drill music like that, but I respect any you know, anybody getting money from the craft, and it's art, artists art.
Speaker 1: I think the way you might want to say it is the way I say it. I'm a fan of drill music, just not the actual real crime you're rapping about that in the music, because if it's a real crime, I don't like it. Now. I feel like an informant. You told me too much information, Like my daughter say, t M, I.
Speaker 3: You know, but but you know, I'm a fan of I'm a fan of people that's saying something.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I like artists like Fergie Baby, I like I like jay.
Speaker 2: Wan, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I like cock Cash, I like Jimmy Badass Joey.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying, And obviously you know Griselda clearly yo.
Speaker 1: The niggas I told I seen Bennie in Atlanta. I told that Nigga. Yah, niggas gotta have a plantation where y'all breathing these fucking artists like mutants like it gotta be because come on, man, how you just find it? Thirty eight stove God Like? First of all, we're still dealing with west Side Bennie. You know, we ain't even digest ya niggas yet, and y'all coming with new niggas now.
Speaker 3: But the ill part is the niggas that you name, They've been around what I'm saying, Like Nigga, I got a record with Special six me Special Nipsey so special jumping YEA rest in peace was man.
Speaker 1: He was on his way. Bron every time I listen to that album, I'm like he was he was so he was that close taking this whole shit over. Bro, It's crazy the US up word. So another question, right, because you know how a lot of rappers be like, I'm not a rapper, I'm a hustler. I'm a hustler that rap. So do you feel like you're a rapper with a brand or do you feel like you're a brand that just raped ship?
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I'm both.
Speaker 3: I'm both, you know, regardless rapping out, I'm gonna find some way to get some money.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Hustler baby, So that's that's the hustler spirit. I mean, I'm a hallom nigga. Figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the all the all the work. Yeah, all the work, Harlem all day. You couldn't even walk two steps, got it right? Your poppy poppy rights fiscal Bobby right, poppy like nigga, I came to buy some sneaker. Fuck, I don't want no coke today.
Speaker 3: They don't get hit with the rabbit food, you know, Jesus, that real zip and then go in the building, hit you the rabbit food, come out a.
Speaker 2: Whole nother building.
Speaker 3: You be looking for that nigga for three years, so you give up like it was just four hundred. Yeah, I mean, but I'm both, you know what I mean, Because I'm also I'm definitely a rapper, you know what I mean. Like it's like niggas that be on the Internet, in the Internet nigga. You made announcement on the Internet.
Speaker 1: You are Internet nigga.
Speaker 3: So I'm definitely a rapper.
Speaker 2: That's a fact, man.
Speaker 1: Respect man. So when it's all said and done and you're chilling, got that Jay grand kids running around, because you might be on Jay's by, they might not be a blood. You might get a paper game. You know what I mean? Me too, I might be there with you, but I don't know. It's it's hard, It's difficult, But you know what I mean. What you want your legacy to be outside of just being a Harlem, New York rapper, what do you want people to remember? Smoke for.
Speaker 2: Somebody that put that shit on, somebody that.
Speaker 3: Somebody that was authentic to his mission and just to himself, you know what I mean, A.
Speaker 2: Wordsmith, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And uh, just somebody that never I never hit the plug, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I'm always.
Speaker 3: I'm always uh, I'm always giving somebody a link, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not trying to hide the plug.
Speaker 3: I've always shared my platform with anybody that was around me. So somebody that gave back, you know what I mean to the culture. And then you know, anytime, like I said, I said this in another interview, but this is about to be my shiit. Anytime you smoke some good weed, thank you to God.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what's up man? Hell yeah, man? What's one thing you It's a question people ask me. So I'm trying to figure the right way to ask you that you felt like and I took this thing from zero to a hundred that you're most proud of that you look back and say, this is exactly how I planned it.
Speaker 2: Wow, I think the smoke does a brand.
Speaker 3: Mm well, I mean that's definitely something I took from zero to one hundred. Whereas, like you know, sometimes when I'm telling stories and I'm like, damn, that really fucking happened. I mean, cause it's like I never sat with something for a little while, and it was just like I never celebrated a move for more than a day of it happening like the next day. I'm like, I'm trying to do new I'm trying to create new history. So I think the Smoke does a brand from zero to one hundred to see where it came with, where I started and where I'm at today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm proud of that.
Speaker 1: That's what's up? Man? What's so? What's next? Man? What's next? What could people expect? What's next from Smoke? Man? You know what I mean? Like what you got, what you're working on? What people should expect? Like? Yeah, I mean twenty twenty six is the year the horse Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, money for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean definitely more music. I think I'm winding down with the music a little bit. I think I'm a I'm like on like a three year watch. Yeah, I mean, give or take, but definitely more music. Trying to collab with everybody that I love and respect. We need to get that uh, that blizzling dissititate.
Speaker 1: Let's do it man, Man, I'm working you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 3: And you know obviously don't smoke rock too with Pete Rock.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I got a crazy record that I'm about to drop with we talk about three with with three.
Speaker 2: Of the people that niggas love. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna just say I got a record with a Currency West and Max b Oh, I'm gonna kick the year off. I mean so by the time, by the time this interview dropped that joint and be out.
Speaker 2: And then Fourth Rope. You know what I mean. Fourth Rope is really what That's what I need everybody to be invested in.
Speaker 1: Fourth turn jump off. Fourth.
Speaker 2: I got my flyweight champion and this guy right.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, come on man, no chair, what's up?
Speaker 2: I love man, Champion, take your jewelry.
Speaker 1: Man, the real the real one, give an opportunity to pro wrestles all over the place. It's been a blessing for us for real. So Real One just showing love. Appreciate y'all love talking about wrestlings. That's right, man, tag had you know karate and yea, these guys have been throwing wrestlers in their bars, so they got their own promotion. Now that's right out here. Hustling, man, work hard, that's right, man, definitely man.
Speaker 2: Mother fucking brother, the real one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, get on YouTube, subscribe to Fourth Rope, follow us on Instagram. Make sure you pull up to one of the shows. Can get some of that good merch. Can catch the real one live, catch the Hardy Boys, I Tag Team shipping his live cat Zilla to our World Champion live, and then the whole fourth Rope roster. I'm hoping to have you there this year.
Speaker 2: Tried to get it last year.
Speaker 1: Man, there I'm there right cheat Joe in the day.
Speaker 2: Now we go, We're gonna get it right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, just expect all cool ship man, cool authentic original.
Speaker 2: Culture ship man.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why I fuck with you, bro, That's why you're a solid nigga. Man. You always gonna be family. Man. We need more cool niggas in the world's fake tough guy ship. Please stop, or we're gonna have a nigga throw you off the fourth rope on your hand, nigga, Please, you know what it is. It's rock solid Ducey Ji.
Speaker 3: Oh, shout out, Charlie Man, Josh Bishop, Joe Alonso.
Speaker 1: You already know he's silent, this rock solid smoke dizzer Fourth Rope Baby dou sy yin. For more podcasts from Our Heart Radio, visit our Heart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at and You can follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleak. You see anybody Frauen flagging