Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Robert De Niro versus Al Petrendo, Baby Putrendo, Baby, Wow, Wow, Young de Niro versu Young Patino, Petrino Pacino.
Speaker 2: That's his name. Hey, I'm Jack, that's Miles.
Speaker 1: We're the young versions of ourselves, and uh, these are some of the things that are trending.
Speaker 2: Uh, somebody just broke Twitter this.
Speaker 1: Young al Pacino or young Robert De Niro, and I gotta say both answers have me uh salvating.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I was gonna say it took you a second.
Speaker 1: Your your your circuits were so fried by the heat that was.
Speaker 2: Just coming off your screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ashley Reese at Offbeat Orbit asked the question that somehow got to this a fifty to fifty split on a Twitter poll with over two hundred and fifty thousand fucking votes cast. That's wild, she tweeted, at a wedding and having a big debate right now, please vote who was hotter young Al or young Robert.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she is like, yo, that like, it's crazy to me that anybody would say de Niro like young al Pacino, was beautiful. Neither of these answers are crazy to me when you look at it, like that's what that's where they like they're both mid To me, Yeah, I mean I don't know that. I feel like my photographs. They both photograph extremely well.
Speaker 4: I would say, yeah, I guess for me, I'm not like I'm like ooh between the TI.
Speaker 1: Just to them, they're kind of like it's like the pole. I'm like, yeah, they're both about the same. Like I get that they were handsome young men, like you know, like most people in their youth, they had their physical prime. I think it's more just like how when super Producer and dropped this in our group thread, I think what's more. I think a better question is who's hotter? Now that's more interest, there's more to work with there. Looks like at the US point, you take the you take the age the young time period when they're both hot, and then you kind of run through them as they age. And yeah, I mean I feel like de Niro held on a little bit stronger Pacino like went like, for instance, in heat right, like Pacino kind of like he has that thing, that like thing that happens to aging men where they kind of start looking like old women a little bit, Like they start looking a little bit like my grandma after she had her like hair done, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like a lot. Okay, yeah, like that like you know.
Speaker 1: Puffy shirts with shoulder pads type. Like the vibe I'm getting from Al Pacino and Heat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he definitely has like when like I remember, like when my friend's mom, who always had long hair, did the thing as she got older and like chopped it off, like.
Speaker 2: You know, like as I'm older, I just want like to have a shorter du Yeah.
Speaker 4: The way Pacino comes out with that like quaff hairy Heat does feel like try and guess who's working this new short hair.
Speaker 2: Due and it's me.
Speaker 1: Serving Lukes, sir. But they're both amazing in that. I mean Pacino's performance in that is like prime screaming Cajun man. Yeah, for for no apparent reason, as super prosor Brian and I were talking about before it started, like there's I think I learned this on the podcast Action Boys. But like his whole idea for that character heading in and throughout production was that he was blitzed on cocaine the whole time. And I'm like, yeah, and Heat, Al Pacino's character like a major league coke problem and wow, and that was like informing why he goes so big.
Speaker 2: With every single speech.
Speaker 3: That's wow, no control over the Violey speed.
Speaker 1: Okay, she got a great ass.
Speaker 4: Okay, but Jack latter day face off old Pacino or old DeNiro.
Speaker 1: De Niro has aged into this is like for me, like de Niro and my dad have aged very similarly.
Speaker 2: So why like I see you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like DeNiro's age well, and he he just looks too much like my dad that for me to be impartful about how he looks. The Pacino looks like like he looks so out of sorts, like with his long hair and like way too many excessor like wrist accessors and shit that he wears and scarves.
Speaker 2: He always looks like he got dressed by accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or he's like this old guy who's trying to make it out here in a younger person's world and is just so overwhelmed by everything that yeah, he's just he just looks like chaos, Like if he feels like that tweet about del Curry, like you don't want to be out here, You don't want to be out.
Speaker 1: Here, like this what He'll do to you got spun around twenty times and stepped out of a wind tunnel every time you see him, like he just looks, you know, unsure of what's going on, but then brings it yeah with.
Speaker 2: I don't I want to look like I don't yeah, all yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: If they were both very attractive young men, Appacino more conventionally uh, and de Niro had more of a like, kind of different look to him, which is why I think where where, I think the people are kind of confused, right because now everyone just kind of looked like every you know, like pet dude in a major city looks like Surproico now right right, So in that sense, I guess he gave people an inspiration, But they were famously competitive with one another and like you know, had to be very downlickly handled on set when they were in the same film and heat.
Speaker 2: Uh. And I'm just.
Speaker 1: Curious if they're aware of this poll. How many times have they voted? How many times have they asked their friends to vote?
Speaker 2: You know, where they are.
Speaker 3: Vote for?
Speaker 2: Who is this? He calls? He calls Martin scorsesey even though he didn't Hero is. I know Rob has probably called you already. All right.
Speaker 1: There's a man by the name of David Nielsen who left Wall Street to work for charity for a Church of Latter day Saints charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and him, a Mormon himself, was like, yeah, let me go.
Speaker 1: So he worked for this charity and found out that it was basically being run like.
Speaker 2: A hedge fund.
Speaker 1: You know, they they accepted people's tithings. The main source of the money is church. And you don't know, this is the fucked up practice in a church where they're like.
Speaker 4: If you want God to fuck with you, okay, you better give me your money right now. And if you don't, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: And if you there's a clip that was going viral recently of a like of a pastor preacher who was like, if a family is forced to decide between offering a tithing or pay for a meal, I would say make sure you give to the church first, because without that, there's no way to guarantee.
Speaker 2: That you could have food on the other side without God's grace.
Speaker 3: That's right. Cool.
Speaker 4: So they took every they took and made that into a fucking edge fund.
Speaker 1: Yes, the church collects an estimated seven billion in contribution from its seventeen million members annually.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And they just basically he's saying that once the money goes in, it don't come out right building a giant fund.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: It's like a non profit. They're like, it's a nonprofit. Okay, it's like, oh so it's charitable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Other business people.
Speaker 4: Really, they're like, oh so you're not like building churches or you know, helping people spread the word. Not really, because like I like how this guy looked in He's like, the only money going out is to other fucking businesses owned by the church or people associated with the right.
Speaker 1: So and yeah, I think if you could create a hedge fund that was able to grow its money tax free, people.
Speaker 2: Would be on board with that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so they're taking advantage of that little loophole that people abused in the United.
Speaker 4: It just breaks my heart when people of the cloth religious people you never see it coming, you know, never fucking see it coming.
Speaker 1: That's what's so so hard about living in this modern era or since time immemorial, since.
Speaker 2: People have been duping their parishioners.
Speaker 4: But holy shit, it's like such a finesse too, Like this guy was just like, yeah, no money, like when they ask like when he asked people like if y'all not like, if the money's not going out, what is it for, It's like it's.
Speaker 2: A rainy day fund, all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then the rainy days were like one of his like his bosses share this document that at a meeting that showed one point four billion dollars from the fund went to a mall being built on land owned by the church, and then six hundred million was used to prop up a for profit church owned insurance.
Speaker 2: Company, Gloria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, we're going to make money so you can make more money, you know.
Speaker 4: Like Kiyosaki says, it's about the debt that I have look at that, because you got to have debt to make money, Okay.
Speaker 1: It is like I do wonder how many, like the church members, how many of them thought that, like are going to be mad at this? Like it's like when you find out that Harvard has an endowment of like you know, a small nation, right, You're like, but isn't that is that what the people want who are giving the money, They're like, yeah, now our endowments bigger than Yales and so that's all that matter, Like is it just a dick measuring contest with other churches to be like and we must be right because look at that.
Speaker 2: Look at ahead head chu Chingy, call up Chingy.
Speaker 1: Because uh whatever, I forget because he's at the holiday inn.
Speaker 2: I was trying to remember a song by Chingy. Yeah it's been to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Miles, it's been way too long for us and Chingy yeah yeah, yeah, well yeah, he's you know, he's banned from LA Radio Fun in Fun Radio. Fact, you'll never you'll you will not hear Chingy on LA radio.
Speaker 4: Just for behavioral problems, not because he crossed radio stations with live shows and like all the pro programming directors like okay, we're not gonna play your ship.
Speaker 2: And then Chingy disappeared from the radio in La.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. On my new podcast, te Chingy Battle to Airwaves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's say history. You have history of all things Chingy, all things Yeah, all right, let's take.
Speaker 2: A quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and I guess just update on the Ja Morant situation. You know, he he has not learned a thing, has not learned he was on Instagram live in the middle of the season with a gun, Like he was in a club on a team trip with a gun and they were, uh concerned, and so he was the prespended did a lot of like rehab in.
Speaker 2: The public eye, out of the public eye.
Speaker 1: What are those rehab exercises? Like like he picks up a gun and like now put it down. Ah, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: You are not a gang member. You do not need a blammer on you, sir.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Anyways, there there was an Instagram live over the weekend where he was spotted with yet another blam Yeah, the blamers don't quit, No, they don't and uh And it was funny because it wasn't on his live. It was like his boys like ig because like I think at the time only one hundred people were watching. But there's a moment they're like rapping this song and the guy's got the selfie video on. He's like panding over to job rant sitting next to him, and then like for one second, John Moran, somehow he goes.
Speaker 2: From not having a fucking gun in his hand.
Speaker 4: So then the next time you see him, he's like waving a pistol and it's the friend. Oh it like it felt like a Simpson's bit about it, like a gun just appears in his hands. We don't know how, and the and his homeboy like tilts the camera down real quick. He's like, oh shit, that was in frame. But then you can tell he's telling John. He's like, yo, I'm live or whatever. Put that shit away.
Speaker 1: And then he slowly brings the camera up, like from away from his chest so you can see the camera again, and he's like bouncing his shoulders and like there's no gun anymore.
Speaker 2: And you're like, y'all, it's they've caught you in four K already.
Speaker 1: Please stop with this, Please stop with the fucking gun play in general, like what the fuck? Like we don't have enough morbid shit going on with guns like that. I mean, if he was smart, he would tell people it was an airsoft gun, right, But that's why he doesn't hire me, as his publicist does seem like there's the opportunity here because the video quality was so low, he could be like it was.
Speaker 2: A toy gun. He's like, he's like, wing is probably not the but the the Grizzlies have already suspended him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess like he could argue, it's like it's like when people go from smoking cigarettes to vaping. He's like, I went from holding real guns to airsoft guns, and eventually I'll hold a wooden just a thing that's like a wooden l that feels like a gun, and.
Speaker 2: Then I won't have to hold one at all. I'll be prety clean. Yeah, it's like your patch for popor Memphis. Man, they're fucking fulling apart right now.
Speaker 1: They went from being something really exciting to now just a whole lot of.
Speaker 2: Whole lot of problems. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well McDonald's lost that hot McNugget lost Who wait what?
Speaker 2: So a child had.
Speaker 1: Nuggets spilled onto their last The nuggets were extremely hot. The four year old leg was actually like burned to the point that there's like scarring.
Speaker 2: So McDonald's was sued and.
Speaker 3: A chicken McNugget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so this is the like McDonald's is franchised out, so like there's lots of opportunities for people, know, an individual franchisee to have like a different you know policy or not some safety protocol in place. So the nuggets come right out of the grease like into uh, they take into the scar, they take the basket and they just whip it at the customer fresh out of the friar.
Speaker 2: There's like not even a box that comes in.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so like wil to even picture a McNugget that fucking hot that it would burn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the.
Speaker 4: Hottest thing I ever had was probably like when they used to fry the apple pies.
Speaker 2: I remember as a kid, like that fucked me up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I lost all of my taste on my tongue for my entire thirteenth year from one of those.
Speaker 2: I remember that book he wrote Things we Lost in the Fire.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I don't know this is being raised as like once again like McDonald's getting sued for stupid, Like you remember the coffee thing was like a big story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I remember at the time in the nineties it was like, oh, you're just trying to get one over and then when you like actually ready, you're.
Speaker 3: Like, holy shit, what house?
Speaker 2: So just went in doubt. You're probably the corporation.
Speaker 1: The version that you're getting of, like what happened with the corporation is not as bad as what actually happened, right right, right, So just generally when the knee jerk is like, let's make fun of this stupid four year old. It's supposed to go in your mouth, not on your legs.
Speaker 2: Like when that's your initial instinct, maybe take a beat.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe don't publish that podcast episode exactly. Uh, that is actually why we had no episode. On Friday, we did a whole episode just making face.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Becca Bay Victor Brian justin Anna.
Speaker 1: Every one of the producers was like, Dune, you do not like want to spend forty five minutes laughing at this four year old's legs. Yeah, but I was like, I mean McDonald's has never steered me wrong. Yeah, even though I lost all this taste on the side of my mouth. All right, Well, BuzzFeed uh closed the news division, but apparently they put all that brain power into making their.
Speaker 2: Lists absolutely hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's a new one that is nineteen non horror movie scenes that scared and traumatized Gen xers and millennials as kids.
Speaker 2: This is just like straight up.
Speaker 1: Down the middle. I'm sure I've read a version of this article five times before on BuzzFeed, but hey, they weren't just repeating it lazily.
Speaker 2: They were getting better.
Speaker 1: Is they they nailed it with this or I mean there are a handful on here that well. I think they nailed it in that they basically trawled a sub reddit for someone asking the question and then brought the answers here.
Speaker 2: Which is all BuzzFeed is.
Speaker 1: Reddit is the front page of the Internet, and BuzzFeed is like, no, psych actually we're the front page.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean Reddit so much.
Speaker 4: So much of the viral shit you see on Twitter starts on Reddit, and like it's always funny when you see like like there's always people been like you're just trawing, Like you're just trawling Reddit and putting it on another platform.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So that's.
Speaker 4: What BuzzFeed did. Anyway, the people have read it, they know what the fuck they're talking about. Because the very first one of scenes that horrified the you know, the first thing I thought of was the large Marge sequence in Peewee's Big Adventure.
Speaker 1: That's number one on the list. That is the first scene I can remember like being like thinking about weeks years after it happened and before.
Speaker 2: To do all that, Yeah, they didn't, I remember, why you have to do that?
Speaker 3: Didn't have to do that, didn't have to do that?
Speaker 2: You didn't have to do that. My god, why did he go so hard?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I remember watching it last year, like on my birthuse. I was like, you know what, I'm gonna watch pee Wee's like, let me just get back into it that scenes. Still, I was a little bit like I could feel my heartbreak because I like in anticipation for that part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a big Superman head when I was a kid, and I think I brought this up, like it just popped into my brain, I think one day while we were recording. But in Superman three, there's a part where a lady gets forcibly turned into a robot where just the weirdest and again it is like stop motion, like it feels like it's being done with practical effects in a like I can still picture it. I don't think i've watched it in thirty five years, but it has always been in the back of my mind, like since I saw it as a child, Like it really fucked me up. So that that's on their never ending story when the horse drowns in quicksand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all that's sad.
Speaker 1: You know, it actually fucked me up, Bambi, when the mom gets got oh, Yeah, that fucked me up bad. And that's not even like really horror anything like the thought of like being abandoned by my mother.
Speaker 2: I remember it was so potent child.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, I don't hate Bambat other good ones, the et Decontamination Tent sequence.
Speaker 2: That one was really sad. I remember that it was sad.
Speaker 1: But it didn't like like the images from it didn't live in my brain.
Speaker 2: No, Like Large March. That ship is large.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could.
Speaker 1: I could write that with my eyes closed and give you like a photo realistic sketch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then a lot of people said that the Temple of Doom was really scary, not because of its terrible racism, but from the scene where they get ripped.
Speaker 2: The guy's heart out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Khali ma Shuki day I was.
Speaker 2: I was always like, yo, this particle is fucking hard. Yeah, that part was just cool to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like in like Pancott Palace, even though like the Monkey Brain, I was.
Speaker 2: Never like even put off by that either. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, shout out to BuzzFeed again just doing the best work out there by stealing shit from Reddit.
Speaker 2: All Right, those are some of the things that are trending oh yeah, afternoon, Oh yeah, we are.
Speaker 1: Back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,