Speaker 1: As media.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know I made a big stink last episode about how the memification of it all means I can't take it serious. You really called that boy bbl drake though the memes are still funny. Though, Oh man, hood politics, y'all. Oh man, that's probably the fastest intro we've ever had, because I need to get.
Speaker 3: Right to it.
Speaker 2: Part three Lessons from the Big Three, which is also you wasn't outside episode. So much going on and so many lessons to take from this moment culture, in the world and in politics. That again, our foundational premise is that if you understand in a cityhood living, you understand politics, and part of that is keeping up with the tea and hip hop. And as I get into this particular comparison, before we go too far into it, please understand that a foundational premise for battling is that, Okay, these are two grown men writing poems about each other, and it was for the purpose of keeping away from violence, right and of course, oftentimes because hip hop comes from a street culture, you know, there's violence sometimes gets involved. But whether it was I mean, I'm talking like you know, early seventies the Bronx, like the sound clashes, you know, breakdancing battles. It was really so that the violence would get taken out of our streets. Right, So even me talking about this comparison with the big like this is just rap.
Speaker 1: Okay, these are millionaires.
Speaker 2: With stuff that don't really matter, you know, like it don't really this doesn't matter. So please understand that I am not putting on the same playing field these silly little poems that these grown men are writing to each other at the same level as a forced famine and genocide where millions of people are being starved to death or bombed to death.
Speaker 1: They are not the same.
Speaker 2: What we are talking about is understanding what's going on. So that's the first caveat and the only caveat. And now this week's episodes we'll see it's like.
Speaker 4: This, Bullduk is like this, Bullduk is like this, Bullduk is like bull is like this.
Speaker 2: All right, Obviously we're dropping this in much later than when we recorded this episode because clearly this is the discussions over.
Speaker 1: You know, nobody could have predicted.
Speaker 2: A minor so we've moved on to other things currently, and the current things we moved on to could potentially be called a genocide sandwich because there were some things that were funny, and then there was some other stuff going on right now that's not funny. The funny stuff is the City of Minnesota understanding the Internet well enough to hear Charles Barkley say he ain't he ain't home, remember last time He've been to Minneapolis, and then the young shooter from Minneapolis saying, bring you ass, Minneapolis. The City of Minneapolis quickly bought the domain and changed their tourism at website address to bring yass dot com. Absolutely brilliant and rest in peace to NBA on TNT as that NBC has purchased it. I haven't felt like this since ye inside stuff he did next is justice Alita, who I can't explain how out of bounds this situation is and also how much of a real one. He presented himself as what do I mean by this? He been in a feud with his neighbor. Well, according to him, his wife has been in a feud with his neighbor, and patrol his neighbor. He put up a Maga flag at his house, which again was supposed to be a troll. However, no, no, no, it was a pro January sixth flag like, which is basically American flag upside down, So like that's the symbol he was pulling off at his house, to which he said, wait before I even get to what he said. Also, there was another one that's this pine tree, which is this symbol for this crew called Appeal to Heaven super you know, Christian dominionist nationalist thing that's like, look, we need to make America Christian fully government everything. So he had both those flags on his house and in the most real way, the most real one, fashion Homie blamed his wife.
Speaker 1: He say, look, she hung it up. I don't look that's on her.
Speaker 2: Listen, if a man, if you ask a man out, you ask a man to do something and he's like, should be cool. Just let me check with my wife and then I'll let you know he not coming. He just throwing her under the busy. Let me tell you something, husband, do this all the time. We be throwing our wives under the bus all the time, like, ah, yeah, nah, I've been out a few weeks, Like I don't think. I don't think she's gonna go for it, you know, daddy duty, homie. We just be throwing her rather than just saying no, oh, let me check with my wife, bro, I'll hit you right back. He not coming, he just using her as an excuse. Now on to the ultimate horribleness you got Israel dropping a big old air quotes target did bomb on a tent city in Rafa, saying that hitting that ten city was a horrible and tragic mistake. And I'm like, just like hitting that World Food Bank truck was a horrible and tragic mistake. Bodies burnt, kids decapitated. You talking about my bad bruh. Either your target system is terrible or actually spot on, like maybe this is what y'all meant to do. I just I don't I don't know how y'all live with y'allself With this one and other news looks like Ireland, Norway, and Spain are joining a lot of the other nations of the world of finally putting some respect on Palestine's name and actually acknowledging them as a country. Now, remember a lot of times I talked about like normalizing relations and the way for which we, you know, function with Taiwan and stuff like that. That's what's happening right now, very similar to that to where we're saying, I'm gonna I am going to if you say your nation, I'm gonna respect you as that.
Speaker 1: Now in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Right now, this is somewhat symbolic because it's not like you only become a nation because other nations acknowledge you as one. But on the other hand, if other nations don't acknowledge you as a nation, then what does your national status mean anyway? So it's kind of got to go together. That makes sense, right. You could refer to yourself as whatever you want. Doctor Dre ain't actually a doctor, right but we call him doctor Dre, but we don't ign don't nobody want him to work on your back if you got to back issues?
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm saying. Maybe he did go get his PhD. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just know we call him doctor. But just because we call him doctor, don't make him a doctor. You understand I'm talking about. So on the other hand, you could be an actual MD and nobody is willing to come with you or to have work done on you. So maybe you got the paperwork, But what difference does it make if don't nobody respect you as one?
Speaker 1: You need both.
Speaker 2: Do you understand what I'm trying to say, we're looking forward to finally, we're looking forward to the conclusion of one of Trump's trials. I can't believe I still got to talk about it. Anyway, let's get back to BBL Trissy.
Speaker 1: The background.
Speaker 2: If you don't already know, I'm gonna try to whizz through it is since this is part three the ongoing rivalry between Kendrick and Drake, and then somehow j Cole got put into this because j Cole presented himself as the Big Three, right, and these are the three top you know artists in hip hop, right, which is Big shawn E. Raser and also Future Eraser and really in this the story is future, right. So these are just this versus where you know, one rapper talks about another rapper, And if you've been following the culture, this dissing back and forth with each other has been going on for at least a decade, right, This particular round is so important because.
Speaker 1: It's so mask off.
Speaker 2: What it has seemed to have done was spark an entire regional war because so many people have jumped in. There's bars that apparently asap Rocky was talking to Drake about There's and all of this is out of Future's album Future metro Bloomen did an album together first and lead single Kendrick comes for Cole and Drake's neck. And the thing about Cole and Drake is like that's been are not Drake and Kendrick is that's been an ongoing thing very much like I said before Michael Jackson and Prince right, which, like we said at EPISOD so two of this is like, this is where it's kind of gets silly, because this is like.
Speaker 1: Like art of rap versus business of rap.
Speaker 2: This is pop versus indie, So it's already apples and oranges, right, So like, but the thing about the pop guy, Drake is the boy can really rap, right, And then the thing about the indie dude, which is Kendrick, he can also make a hit two right. So anyway, and like we said in episode two, the key to taking Drake apart is you go for the one thing he desires, which is credibility with the culture. I put culture in big old air quotes because I am talking about this unidentifiable but very recognizable thing that we call blackness, Black American culture. This this cool, this this thing that has always How do I say this the source material for what becomes pop. It still irritates me when people talk about gen z slang and I'm like, no, that's black young black slang. It's because again, black people are the source material. I mean quote me, black youth are the source material.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: There is a bigger which I'm pretty sure we covered.
Speaker 2: I don't remember because I'm actually recording this out of order. This is episode three. I'm gonna record episode two after this. I just know what I'm gonna talk about in episode two. It's the paradox of the light skin, which I giggle because it's like, it's it's really unfair to say this, but because I am, in fact not and there's a way to overcome it.
Speaker 1: You take somebody like Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Again, he light skinned, but he don't be doing a lot of the corny, weird I need to be accepted stuff. I think partially because both his parents are black, they just happen to be fair skinned. But you take somebody like a Drake who's got a white mother. The idea of you're not black enough for the black people, and you definitely ain't white enough for white people. There always has been a need at least in America to be socially accepted in one of these cultures.
Speaker 1: Right, Obviously these are flagrant.
Speaker 2: Generalizations that doesn't apply to everyone. Obviously, you please know I'm not saying that. So like, respect, do respect on the names of all my little fair skinned friends little I don't mean little, but all all the fair skinned family out there. Respect do on that, like, trust me, you know that's not what I'm saying. And y'all know what I'm talking about. When I'm talking about what I'm talking about, you know you know them, dude, because either way, both of these worlds can see you as pretending.
Speaker 1: It's a difficult thing in reality.
Speaker 2: In sociocultural reality, it is a difficult thing, you know. And obviously I speak from a perspective as a rather dark skinned man that sees the idea that like, well, y'all get to be pretty like everybody likes y'all curly hair, you get to be fair skin in that dark anti black is an international thing. So it's hard for me to see outside of my own lenses except for looking at what's going on. So when you look at somebody like Drake, who has always been accepted as attractive, you know, you may think he's funny looking now, or may be thy funny looking during the Degrassi things, but that life skin you know, calmly, you know, that's how you land shows like Degrassi. You feel me, but you get to pretend to be black because you are black, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, at the end of the day, you are black. But that's because I.
Speaker 2: Understand social constructs, which is ultimately what we're talking about. Either way, it is very clear to anyone when someone is trying too hard that no matter how many accolades a person gets right, no matter how many awards, you could be the I think I may have said this, I know I'm going to say it on the episode before this, but I'm reiterated right now just to catch all up. You could be the prom king captive of the football team, captive of the basketball team. You could have already slayed every cheerleader, You've bagged everyone there, but all you want is to be able to hang out behind the bungalows and smoke weed with the homies.
Speaker 1: But them niggas think you corny.
Speaker 2: So no matter how many accolades you get, it's never enough because you just want to be accepted with the homies. So flash, your little flash, your little prom can't like them.
Speaker 1: Niggas didn't go to prom because they don't care.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense. They're not trying to be accepted by that. They're not trying to be cool.
Speaker 1: They just are.
Speaker 2: And it's clear when somebody is so that so, so you take somebody like Drake again, this is all just for comparison where and this is how you this is how you take this guy down in his battle. That's why who I'm going to talk about now, which is who I'm gonna talk about in this show, which is Ricky Ross, is that this is the worst kept secret. This is what everyone in the industry knows. You just want to be one of us, and one of us is in Like he says in his little trolling thing, you just wanted to be outside with the you know, with the niggas washing their chevies. You feel me, You know you wanted to hit them conas in them lo los. But nigga, you a pretty boy, stay on the porch like you really not want Like, we'll let you kick it, you know what I'm saying, Well, like we'll hit a lick with you because clearly you know how to make money. But nigga like you not you corny like and it's almost like and it's okay, now please hear me.
Speaker 1: Drake's an international star. So the corn What difference does it make? What anybody thinks?
Speaker 2: Okay, so remember that and and and the difference between him and Cole.
Speaker 1: Cole has accepted it.
Speaker 2: Cole is like, I'm a square, Like he says on his on the song with Future, He's like, I was a college nigga that just wanted to smash your girl. He was like, I gotta I wasn't really outside. I just liked how it smelled. I used to like catch it with like I kick it with y'all, but like I don't really I'm not here when they shoot. It's the boys in the hood thing when we talk about when Doe Boy was ready to shoot eventually when it was time to go Cuba Good and Junior got out the car.
Speaker 1: You not really built for this. And that's okay.
Speaker 2: And that's what Cole is saying, which means that a lot of his I got shooters raps are done. But he just he admitted it, like I'm not It's not what I am. So maybe Drake has friends, like, don't get me wrong, Like just again, I'm talking about this particular melee that we're in where And in his response, he was like, oh, it's twenty to one now, y'all all everybody coming at me. It's almost like Drake was just tolerated. He was necessary because he's a hit maker. And it may have felt like because apparently Future said the same thing. He was like, I don't really like the dude. It's just the music was so good that we made. But I don't really laying a lot of these stars really do come from from the blows, you know what I mean? Right, So when Drake say stuff like started from the bottom now here, nigga, you didn't you were on a TV as you doesn't start from the bottom.
Speaker 1: But the songs, it's.
Speaker 2: A great song, like you can't like. That's the thing about him. He these are catchy ass songs. If you're a rappers necessary, He's the biggest artist, Like, it's necessary you gotta do music with him, you know what I mean? So he could always say I gave you your first hit, I gave you your last hit.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, but.
Speaker 2: That don't mean we like you. That doesn't mean you're accepted. But for him, again, I don't remember. I don't know these people.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just using this as an example as we're watching this to help us understand what's happening.
Speaker 1: It is real.
Speaker 2: So that doesn't mean we like you just because we work with you. Okay, We've never liked you. Now, just because I'm laughing at the way Rose jumped in into a fight that wasn't even he is but Ricky rick Ross is so funny the BBL Drake, right, just because I'm laughing at this, and just because I actually do find a little joy in you shooting at Drake, that don't mean we mess.
Speaker 1: With you either. Just you're you're not a hero either.
Speaker 2: You had your own thing that you needed to take care of, and it's doub to watch you take care of it. Not necessarily a hero. Let's talk about it, Ron, did you know That's where I was going.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break, all right, we're back.
Speaker 2: So Iran okay, has entered the chat. But to understand really what I mean by Iran has entered the chat, you have to know that Iran was always in the chat, okay, And that's whether you wasn't outside piece starts really coming together in mob life gang life, you know, but I'm gonna say specifically sort of gang stuff because that's what I know a little more. Maybe not as intimately as others do, but I know much well that I know mob life.
Speaker 1: A lot of times there's like starter gangs.
Speaker 2: You feel me, Like if you hear rappers say like I'll get my young shooters to do this, Like there's so there's the main set, you know what I'm saying. That's like, that's where are like the Ulg's, the big homies, Like, that's where they exist, and what they do is a lot of times they franchise out right.
Speaker 1: So you have smaller versions that are.
Speaker 2: Like Beg's, and there's different types playboy gangsters, his neighborhood. Like there's just all these different diferent types of strategy. So it's like for the sixth and seventh and like the fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth graders, you're in the starter gangs, you know what I'm saying. So the y'all junior high kids, y'all earning y'all stripes, and a lot of times they be the most violent because they trying to like they earning their key, you know what I'm saying. So sometimes those little those other little like sets.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So you got the gang and you got the set, you know what I'm saying, in.
Speaker 2: The set be smaller versions of this stuff, and that means that there's a shot caller somewhere that's in the bigger gang, right the ulgis And a lot of times the stuff that the little starter sets be doing really be proxies for what's going on with the main set, because the main set is for some reason would rather have the young shooters do it because maybe somebody's facing too many felonies, maybe, like there's a lot of different reasons why they do that stuff. Now, Now to me, this is where it's like, Okay, this is one of my knowledge is because I'm not in the big gang, but I know that they be doing stuff like that when I'm like, yo, it's really them that's setting up this. But since I'm not on the hood, I can't really know that knowledge. But I do know that's the little wyji of not the rapper YG, but the young gangster. That's the little homie of this dude. So really the stuff that's going on in the neighborhood is really about that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So now that being said, as I'm pretty sure you know, Israel and Hamas are locked into a hot war where the rest of the world is, well, most of the world except for a lot of the West, is looking at Israel like, okay, guys, like we was with you. Y'all a right to defend yourself, but you're kind of like you've gone way past defend yourself. Israel is like, y'all don't understand. We gonna do what we gotta do.
Speaker 1: It's destruction. This is all review. You should know this.
Speaker 2: The death toll between Israel and the Palestinians, it's not even close. Israel has gone up and beyond in the carnage to the point of where, you know, the International Justice Court, to the point to where people that were like, look, we was on your side for a while, but like god damn right, you are bugging So that so that's happening. And then what hits the American news is a drone strike from Iran that hit Israeli soil. But the drone strike, my dog, Iran came in a hot homie. They talking about three hundos three hundred drones, cruise missiles and from every angle, Yeah, they're the homies from a rock shooting. They had the homies, the hoo Thi's out of Yemen. They were shooting. Everybody was shooting. Like I said, you bring your little homies when you're trying to do the things. So they was all shooting at it, and Israel's iron dome, nigga worn't They shot down over ninety percent of him cruised like it was literally just a little bit of property damage and a couple folks that went to the hospital and some traumatized folk. They unloaded the full clip. America, Britain, France, everybody helped the defense of Israel.
Speaker 1: Israel's outraged.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you guys to do that. In American media is like, this is an unprecedented attack. And maybe it's unprecedented, but not the way that they mean. So let's get it. Let's get into the juice. Remember how I said, Drake is like a necessary thing, but all he really wants to do is be accepted, and he will set flames to everything. He will battle everybody if he can't just get what he wants. Like as many accolades as I have, y'all still won't accept me as one of y'all. That's Israel in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: We are a nation. We deserve to be here.
Speaker 2: We are from here, or we got scattered in you know, five point fifty BC. We're finally back, and why won't y'all accept us? And the Middle East is like, cause you're not us. You just came in here acting weird, like y'all. There's a phrase like y'all left brown and came back white, like y'all you're not. And the way y'all came you came in fraudulent. You came in like just boguarding your way.
Speaker 1: And if we.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be, if we supposed to be the same people, then why are you treating us this way? Look how you're treating the Palestinians, our brothers and sisters like no, nigga, you're not one of us. And they're like, whatever we got America, whatever we like, we'll bring.
Speaker 1: On the heat. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They fought Egypt, they fought then when everybody attacked them in the sixties, it's like we fought them off. So again, no matter how many accolades you got All you really want to do is be accepted.
Speaker 1: All you're saying is I have the right to be here.
Speaker 2: Like can we be anywhere? I have the right to be here, and y'all ain't no better than me and the region the hood is like, well, sure you have a right to be alive, but you ain't got You ain't got the right to take the lives of the people that was all there, that's all those like you can't just be doing that. So in the way that Drake wants to be accepted is we're wanting to be accepted. Just accept us as one of y'all. Only we're better than you guys. Again the light skin cart but I'm pretty though again I'm just obviously the same for every light skinned person.
Speaker 1: Understand I'm just trying to.
Speaker 2: Explain a particular type of identity crisis that as somebody who is staunchly in the black community can see. You know, it's it's you can see it the turmoil, Like I'm picturing people I grew up with at this moment, that that thing to where you just feel like an outsider no matter where you are. It's a sucky feeling, like I don't get me wrong, it's a sucky feeling. I'm being funny about it out of jealousy, the type of jealousy that I've worked through already. If you know my music, there's a song called Darkie where I talked about the type of self hate sometimes that us as dark skin black people in America could carry. The lyrics song starts with used to wish I was Puerto Rican because that type of black was different, Like I knew I wanted to be black, but they had curly hair and accents, and you know, they was a little lighter, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, man, I wish I had that because all the girls like that. Anyway, there's a lot of self internalized hating that that's been worked through at this point. But back to what we're saying, the reality is in the region, there are people that are either indifferent to Israel or see them as like you have to play with them, they're necessary, or they're like, we just don't like y'all, like as a nation. Obviously they're not talking about Jews per se, maybe some of them are. They're saying, as a nation, you're not this is fraudulent, like what and the way you're treating our Palestinian brothers and sisters is fraudulent. Like the fact that you sided with the greatest evil, which was the Western countries of America.
Speaker 1: It's like you sold out. You like that.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying again, I'm trying to give you your perspective. You sold out. So when you looking at again, use our understanding. Kendrick looking at Drake, Like Nigga, it's ghostwriters. You you pretend like at one point we thought you were Dominican.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like now you.
Speaker 2: Know you was doing all the racket thrown stuff, like Nigga, you not dominic then you then sometimes you you you know you Ireland, then you Jamaica. You know control, It's like, Nigga, what are you? You know you out here rep in Houston and it's like, Nigga, no, you're from Toronto.
Speaker 1: And then it's who doesn't know how lame it is?
Speaker 2: You didn't go to Youth University of Kentucky, You don't live in Kentucky, you didn't play college sports. Why are you in the warm up lines for the NCAA Final Four? Like this is corny? So uh, it's just so frustrating, And the problem is, even as corny as it is, he never loses, Drake, don't lose. So again, if you're all the Middle Eastern countries, you're like, no matter what, Israel don't lose.
Speaker 1: They never lose, now, even when they're committing.
Speaker 2: A genocide in front of everybody's face because of what they went through through the Holocaust, which is just which is verifiably at top three worse things to hit humanity. Nobody arguing that. Ain't nobody defending Hamas. But if you haven't been in a relationship, just because you was traumatized as a child, don't mean you get to traumatize your children.
Speaker 1: You with me, now, enter back to the battle.
Speaker 2: Enter. All of the sudden, it seemed like Rick Ross had something to say.
Speaker 1: Drake addressed it right.
Speaker 2: He addressed it in his response where he's just like, bro, I handed you your hits, and don't worry about me, brother, worry about your stuff with Diddy WHOA which is a bar okay, because also, well I'm kind of getting ahead of myself. But you got to follow the story here because you'll understand the comparison as I get it.
Speaker 1: To what I'm mean ain't by iran.
Speaker 2: I mean, like Ross ain't a good guy in this. You could still call him Sergeant Ricky because that's a persona. He was a he worked at a jail and the persona that he is, he was always a great rapper. He's a ghostwriting forever. But that persona was a dude that was in jail that he kind of just used his persona to be the boss Rick Ross. You know that's a created that persona based on a person but he.
Speaker 1: Was a security guard to jail. Nigga, you're a cop. So there's that.
Speaker 2: And he still hasn't gotten back from Gully actually talked about it.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Uh so of this all this this all hip hop stuff. Gully was like, ain't you the nigga that said put a Molly in her drink and she ain't even know it. Nigga, we raping girls now? He says, bitches because you know he's like we we rap.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, no matter what, no amount of money can unlame Lane, my nigga, Like yo, that's super lame.
Speaker 1: Like you don't brag about like fam that's date rape.
Speaker 2: You saying this as a bar homie, Like no, you're not a hero.
Speaker 1: Was he jumping in this to defend Cole and Kendrick.
Speaker 2: No, he was doing this because he got a problem with Drake, but again, so does everybody. It's like doing this, listen, it's like doing a song with Kanye, like you're gonna get a hit out of it, Like I just you don't.
Speaker 1: You know, he got friends obviously, but.
Speaker 2: Like listen, if you these are pop parties, you gotta do the song until that relationship becomes untenable. I know dudes right now that were like are hit makers that I got homies who like you know, who landed hits with like Beaver. And he was like, I this the Kanye think it's an unworkable environment, Like I can't. It's like it's like the juice isn't worth the squeeze, you know, like you just at some point the relations sit becomes untenable. And he was like, yeah, nah, I look, I actually really ain't like him. It's just you gotta do it. And that's what seems to be happening right now in this it is moment.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I know I'm going back and forth between Israel and this thing, but it's because I need you to see the parallels here. It's actually like it'll help you understand, trust me. So Ricky Rose jumps in. Ricky is hilarious shooting his things. Now, we started off with all of the sudden Iran bombs Israel. Well that's not all of the sudden, just like Rose is, that's not all of the sudden.
Speaker 1: It's been stuff brewing here for a while.
Speaker 2: Israel actually popped Iran's consolate in Damascus in Syria. That was thirty days ago. This was a retaliation to that. So don't act like this is when you say this unprecedented response, it's like it's not unprecedented in the sense that it's like, I can't believe you guys just did that. Ever, it wasn't out of nowhere. Iran feels like we caught a stray. What are you shooting at us? For y'all are in war over there, you a remarkably unjust war. And we don't like y'all anyway. We've never liked y'all. And you know we ain't never liked y'all. I know right now it's between you and Hamas, but we don't mess it. And you have the nerve not only to bomb my guy, not only to bomb our consolate, but our consulate in a whole other country.
Speaker 1: That's bold.
Speaker 2: You didn't even pop me in my hood. You popped in a hood that I'm good at. That's a violation. You don't get to just how am I catching these strays? That's crazy. So that's why when they clapped back, they were like, we consider this a done issue. That's why Iran said that we consider this done. Don't bring me into this. Don't bring me into this, to which Israel responds, I can't bring you into something you already in.
Speaker 1: What is you saying? You think we stupid? What I mean by that?
Speaker 3: Next time?
Speaker 2: All right, you have to ask yourself why out of nowhere? Because it's seemingly out of nowhere, Why would Israel take shots at Iran? Why would Drake out of nowhere take shots at Ricky Ross?
Speaker 1: Why would Ricky.
Speaker 2: Jump into a battle that wasn't even he is It's because there's things going on here, and these things are this. The reality is Iran been involved, and how Iran has been involved is for decades, Iran been to people that have funded Hezblah. They're the people that are arming Hesbelah. So a lot of the things that have happened to Israel, whether it was from Lebanon through Hesbelah, whether it was the Palestinians through Hamas, whether it was the Houthis and Yemen. They're like, all of y'all are just you're Iran's little homies. So so Israel like, I'm done going back and forth with y'all. I need I need to speak to the manager. Okay, I'm not I'm done playing games the bosses Iran, and I need Iran to know that we know what you're doing and you're gonna stop doing this to us. You ain't slick. And usually how Iran response is, it's always indirect. It's always through Hezbelah, Hamas, the Houthis. That's why when we did the Huthi Who episode, we were like, Okay, the Houthi's got their own thing, but remember that's Iran.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: So Iran jumps in and now a lot of the people that are supporting the people of Palestine are.
Speaker 1: Like, great man, take a shot at like distracting. You know what I'm saying. Remember Hamas's hope was.
Speaker 2: We wanted to all our regional war and remember America's thing, and remember when I had did the terrorform one with the search for common ground thing. The hope was that we would be able to stop a regional war, because once the cat get out the bag, it's all bad. But from Israel's perspective, you take out Iran, harmas is easy. You take out Iran, you ain't got to worry about Hamas Hesbaalah or the hoosies that as they thought, we know that's you, but it one would think that Iran is doing a good thing in the sense that, like, listen, we were responding specifically to your attack on our consulate in Syria.
Speaker 1: That's not right.
Speaker 2: You dropped the bomb in Syria. You took out one of our guys. That's not right. And also that we ain't forgot what you did to Costum Soulamani in Iraq. You keep popping our people and not in our home. You because in their mind, is America the same people. You know that, And that's what I'm talking talking talking talking about. I'm talking about Ron. Iran sees Israel America as the same. Y'all niggas are the same. It don't matter, right, So and then Iran's saying, look, we followed the rules. We gave y'all and everybody around y'all a seventy two hour warning, like get out the hood, y'all, gone on inside, we're gonna do this. America was like, no, they didn't. You ain't give us no man, no you didn't. And can you trust Iran's word, Absolutely not getru just America's word.
Speaker 1: No. So just if that's the case, I'm still salty about that.
Speaker 2: And I see y'all going through all this stuff, you going through stuff, and we've been playing our part. We've been chilled, and now you're gonna pop pop off in me directly on it's own. And they say, now, okay, look it, leave us out of this. We consider or the thing done. Don't retaliate. Basically, they like, can we just go back to the to the way it was? Okay, But one would think again, like all right, yes, that's good. Thank you Iran for being a defender of the region. Hold your horses, Rick Ross, ain't no hero heed a nigga rapping about date rape, heeding nigga pretending to that. Hold on, now, okay, Iran, this is the regime. The Iranians have been trying to overthrow the Ayatola over there forever. This is a repressive the Islamic Republic is, that's that's the government. Just because they got the name Islam in front of it, don't make them Islamic, my nigga. Like we could call ourselves the Christian you know, woman of christ Strip Club. You know what I'm saying, because like you could put Christian in front of anything, you could put Islamic in front of whatever you want. That don't make them Islamic, my nigga. Like these the same people. You remember old.
Speaker 1: Girl that went to jail because her her job wasn't worn right.
Speaker 2: Then young lady died. They beat that young lady. That's them people. Y'all not heroes, Okay, don't like listen, listen, they're not heroes in this. They just got a thing with Israel. And let me tell you what that thing is. They want to run the Middle East. Yeah they don't, don't. Don't get it twisted. Saudi Arabia hands with America.
Speaker 1: Jordan.
Speaker 2: Why Jordan would jump in because Jordan is like, I live too close to y'all.
Speaker 1: I can't have y'all.
Speaker 2: I can't have y'all shooting back and forth because, uh, you messing up my money, and my people gonna die. And if my people are gonna die, then everybody dying. So I'm gonna need this to stop, okay, Like I'm gonna need y'all to chill.
Speaker 1: Everybody need to kick it. You're messing up my money, right yo. This type of control for a region ain't new. You know.
Speaker 2: Pre World War Two, Japan tried to colonize all of Asia and they used to say Asia for Asians. So if you was Hong Kong fam, if you was Thailand, you was like, I mean, either the white people, the British gonna come down here or y'all gonna come down here. And you're telling me because you look like me, I'm gonna be okay with y'all. Like no, Like I don't need a colonizer at all. I don't need I don't need that at all. So so like that power struggle for the region, like a lot of the Middle East custle, like man, miss me all together with all that Syria, Like y'all, I'm good, Okay, don't be coming over here talking about you know, you know, we united under our law like like no, we not okay? Like no, so Ross getting his bars off, Ross getting his jokes off, but I ain't really gonna really do anything. We was having this discussion in one of my group text about like Ross, don't if we're talking numbers, Kendrick Drake Cole and now asap. You know you could you could include in that these are again under follow me here, these are relevant names like.
Speaker 1: These are the the future.
Speaker 2: I'm an ad future like these these are the y'all don't even I'm I would ventually say, you don't know Rick Ross is you know Rick Ross is follow my metaphor Rick Ross kicking in the bungalows. Rick Ross got the power to tell the homies that pull up to the car wash, that's that's you know, that will pull up to the street race and the little burnout thing. You know what I'm saying, they illegal burnout things. Ross know where they are. Ross has the power to be like that little bright.
Speaker 1: Nigga can't come. They don't.
Speaker 2: I don't care how many records you saw, you can't come. So Ross's co sign Ross like you right, I am overweight, but you see me with my shirt off and it's still made back music.
Speaker 1: I'm still balling. So and you can't come to the barbecue.
Speaker 2: I'm still a boss for the people that Drake want to be accepted by matters. But if he was just cool with just being the megastar that he is, I don't even understand why you responding to any of it. It's really the question. I don't understand. You ain't have to say nothing. You're doing state farm commercials.
Speaker 1: What do you care?
Speaker 2: He even said in his interview, like, man, people forget I'm black. Like he said that in his interview that he did a few years back.
Speaker 1: That was after the push.
Speaker 2: A te thing when he went to war with him and it came out that he had a son. You know, He's like, man, y'all, y'all forget I'm black, And poor Guy said Poor Drake was like, I was gonna take the year off.
Speaker 1: I'm tired. Man, You do care? Care about? What you care about the way the hommies view you is real care.
Speaker 2: And again Iran shots, they unloaded full clips. It ain't do nothing Ross could unload a full you go. You are you gonna make Drake not a number one artist? Know what you're gonna do is call him a white boy, make memes about him, Tell the streets he's laying that's what you're gonna do, and we are going to continue to laugh. Now the last part is what the hell role us got to do it? Okay, So now the big three lesson is again you gotta know what the dude.
Speaker 1: Wants, just wants to be accepted, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And Ross jumping in is because Ross already just don't mess with right, Iran jumping in because Iran just remember, they just don't mess with Israel.
Speaker 1: They just they just don't mess with them.
Speaker 2: Like it is what it is, and there's a bar and I forget what song it is that Drake is like, I got dudes that don't f with me, connecting with dudes that don't f with me, and convincing everybody to not f with me, you know what I'm saying. And it's like it's essentially, I mean, that's Israel, right, Like that's the way they feel like we get it in from every angle, whereas the rest of the angle, rest of the world is like, well maybe like you're starving out Palestinians, man, like y'all just how y'all got here is just so weird. And of course you know, Drake can always say Wayne's big homie. Israel can always say America, they big homie, and it's like, I know, America is like, hey, don't shoot back because we don't want a regional war. Will help you defend yourself, but we ain't gonna help you be offensive. Like look, you could record in my studio, but like I don't want to be a part of this bee poor metro bluemen just just catching strays everywhere. Right Anyway, America is saying we will help you defend yourself.
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask you all this how logical that sounds to you?
Speaker 2: How do you defend yourself in a war with shields or the weapons? What's gonna stop that weapon from becoming defensive to offensive? My point is, America, what is you talking about? You're gonna help them defend themselves but not be offensive or what? So, then what are you saying if they decide to invade Iran, you're not gonna help. Are you still gonna supply weapons? Can you control what they do with those weapons? What are you saying that you're not gonna send troops? You've already taken that off the table, unless that is than you were gonna do, and you just ain't told everybody else. What is you saying? You're not gonna help them? Be offensive? You can't control that. You understand you're aiding in this genocide like you don't. Are you act like you act like you don't. Well, we're we're also providing aid.
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 2: Maybe stop selling stop giving them money to buy what buy weapons?
Speaker 1: That would be I think that would really help.
Speaker 2: I understand those your folks you've already defended, like you can't back down now right, You can't say you big mad and then continue to enable.
Speaker 1: Saw an interview with twenty one Savage.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I saw an interview with twenty one Savage and he was like, look, man, you need niggas around you that'll tell you when you being lame, like straight up like if you ain't got nobody around you, that's not being like my nigga. That's real lame, like you being you being a lame right now. If you ain't got nobody like that, if everybody just like likes every move you make, then you need your circle fraudulent. You need niggas that'll tell you you being real lame right now. And I'm not Finna help you, America. You have a chance we could turn this around. But look here, Iran jumped in because they already had Ross fit his rass, because he already had a problem. And don't think that Ross is some sort of hero that's helping out with this. You can laugh at the shots, but that nigga no hero. Iran jumped in that if you are here to support, if you are here for a ceasefire and support the Palestinians, and you think Israel is the is the big evil in this, Iran is not your hero, okay. And as what we're seeing is like the Israeli people are begging for nets to Yahoo to be taken down because the nigga wild and they like and let's let's let's let's.
Speaker 1: Keep it real. They like, where are our hostages? That's all we asked for.
Speaker 2: I just need you to bring that all this other just bring the hot Why you ain't brought home to hostages. It was like us asking Jacket Twitter, like, bro, we just need an edit button. I don't know all this.
Speaker 1: I just want to edit button.
Speaker 2: Man that Yahoo was already on their nighte because what he was doing with the Kannesset, like he's a he's a right wing leader that not everybody in the country is for, like they not everybody ain't really with this, you know what they with? Just bruh, can you bring our family home and just you know, we just don't want no problems, man, like, dude, you gotta do. But dog, can we get somebody else in here? Diatola out in Iran? Like I said, that's a repressive regime like he they like don't think the people of Iran are not happy. I'm just saying, man, But at least in rap battles, nobody dies. They just means at least that was the goal. Who grown men writing poems about each other? I know, I definitely prefer that then, you know, Biggie and Tupop times, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: But man, Ron ron Is you wasn't outside y'all. Okay, let me add a little t at the end of this.
Speaker 2: There's a theory going around as of today, which is April seventeenth.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Drake's actually a partial owner of this thing called Gamma, which is a partnership with UMG, which is record label stuff, which would mean that he's a partial owner of pretty much all of.
Speaker 1: It. Hip Hop's catalogs and everyone's coming after it. Okay.
Speaker 2: So Rick Ross is MMG, Gamma, nav Is, Republic, UMG, Weekend, UMG, Metro, UMG, Kendrick Interscope UMG right asap is RCAA Records, which is Sony and then future Sony Right. So between them two things, he has a pieces of Snoop, Rick Ross, Usher, Sexy Red French, Montana d Smoke that there's a possibility that through his business dealings, it's all speculation that he actually he actually partially owns all their catalogs. And maybe that's why everybody king's stand at this. This is all t don't notice for a fact. But if it is, nobody respond like, okay, that's kind of like game set match, but it's also it's really a white boy move a politicians. All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your Boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the coldbrew coffee, we got Terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beat Softly. Check out his website Mattowsowski dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm a spelling for you because I know M A.
Speaker 2: T T O S O W s ki dot com Matdowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out. The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.