Speaker 1: He is drink chests, motherfucking podcast make si. He's a legends every queen's rapper. He ain't segregate as your boy in O R eight's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as d J e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players. You know what I mean in the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk d chans mother post d is new year CE. That's it's time for drink champions. Drink up, motherfuck mother? Would it good? Be hoping swinter stere be it's your boy in O R E. What up? It is DJ E f N and this midle tim crazy ward ye make.
Speaker 2: When we started this show, we started it saying we wanted to pay respect to icons, to legends, to people. Are the man's of the people. When I tell you, when we started this show, from the beginning, they said, get this man. This man is like Jesus. He is dominated the world of dance hall. Then took a hiatus for thirteen years. They came back and went even in the thirteen years, he remained his spots.
Speaker 1: Did he come home?
Speaker 2: He sell out Madison Square, going in towns too, every man come to every man Bob.
Speaker 1: They call him the world boss.
Speaker 2: God son, and right now we are here to salute and to pay respect.
Speaker 1: Give him his flowers while he's here. The one the.
Speaker 2: Only you guys will once a part of a group. It was a group called Vib's Cartel. Correct, yes, or three of us. But I was the best one.
Speaker 1: To one.
Speaker 2: Because who got you in the music? I heard it was your uncles who got you in the music?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you still watch them, d J, you know what I mean. They were like up and coming artists. Like I said, I was the best one, so you'll never hear of them. Oh even your uncles. Yeah, better than them. But they inspired me, like seriously though, Like they got me interested in the art form, you know. I mean those watching people flowing on beats. That was crazy for me as a kid like Bombo, you know, And that's when I got interested.
Speaker 2: We got that jay Z clip I want to I want to yeah, yeah, the cypher sounds.
Speaker 1: I want to show you. I want to show you this si f from yeah yeah yeah yeah. Just didn't have it, just didn't pop off like that.
Speaker 3: I almost had Vibes Cartel Rocket forget it in the fucking round by him.
Speaker 1: No, truly listening to Rtel. Of course I almost had him moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he tried three different uh cooks really yeah? Oh what's song somewhere? Uh I need to forget? Yeah I know yeah yeah cool ass.
Speaker 1: Wow. He couldn't come in he sent him.
Speaker 4: No, he was there, he came.
Speaker 1: Vibes Cartel, Yes, I think he's talking about jay Z talking about Movado. Nah, he said you but what which what year was that because remember that took my visa years ago like oh five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he might be, but they were mentioning that you could can come. That's what they were saying.
Speaker 1: That's why I side for acing twice. Yeah yeah, yeah, but yeah, Man'm sorry for that's my bread. I've known him for years. Nigga called me one day, Cartel, how come you've been speaking for two years and I've never meant you? Are you a me? That's crazy, man? But you know Cipher's defense.
Speaker 2: Since I've heard of you, it's like a myth that comes with you, like it's it's like, I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm the other day hanging out with one of my Jewish friends, and my Jewish friends told me. He said, it's in Jamaica. This is when he said that his friends. He said, it's Jesus, Bob and KFC.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Do you realize how many, how many people who.
Speaker 2: Love you, like every artist that I've ever interviewed? Right, I go to Twitter and I say, I got this artist to call it and the cover.
Speaker 1: So you got questions with you? I'm not even playing.
Speaker 2: With the fans because because they'll be all in my commage.
Speaker 1: Do you realize how how popular you are? Yeah? Man, of course? Right? But like I said, I put in the work, you know what I mean, and I keep its real right true, like night Julie. So I just sing my truth and people that's like that about me. How was the Grammys? It's amazing. I've never been there before, you know what I mean. And I just got out of christ six months after crazy. I know I'm walking in the red conta know I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I know we talked about vibes can tell the name, But before that, you were Adi Banshan.
Speaker 1: I'm still Adi is my favorite Dan Soul artists. He inspired me. Yeah, Ninja my two favorites.
Speaker 2: Right, I got that written down there was a car sert one time when you was young vibes yeah.
Speaker 1: And Bojo grabbed a mic for you. Yeah, what happened there? Nothing happened. That's Butcherbanton man. I mean, I was angry and happy.
Speaker 4: And funny enough.
Speaker 1: He gave me one of the most profound how would I put it in advice in the industry, because back then, when I just came out, I used to flow very hard, you know what I mean, And a lot of times it went over people's heads, especially with all the fans because I was just coming out, and Butcherbanton was like, own boy, your.
Speaker 4: Bud, what don't those need you to slow it down?
Speaker 1: I said, that makes sense, And that's when I think I found that that balance between the art and commerce, because you still need our ship to be sold, right, still need people to Yeah, so big for that. But I'm still.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you. I've seen a guy on the internet have this liquor yeah and say this should be illegal.
Speaker 1: That's so let's let's let's subscribe to people. Which one is this? Oh? This is the rampin shot. That's the record you got with you, spie, because we named each flavor one of my hit songs. You know what I mean? This is my This is the Electric This is dangerous as well. But my favorite one is the Fever. Uh huh. But it's smooth.
Speaker 2: It's like vodka you say, sixty two percent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. It takes her off your chest. This is crazy, man, this fever. Which one is that one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is unstoppable okay, and you can't let any of its fill because it's unmoppable. That's that's how dangerous this one is. So he still fire this one. This one is mostly for the ladies. Ladies and anyone can have that, but trust me, I recommend the Fever and the unstoppable something.
Speaker 6: See how you just said unstoppable and unmarkable. Since when you start being a DJ, like that in your mind and you always play with.
Speaker 1: You, always play with words, always play you know this? Yes, yes, you know what I mean? What age? Since I was born man? Like that's it's also a Jamaican thing. We love the rhyme. It's like every kid on a street corner in New York wants to be a rapper. It's the same thing as Jamaica. You don't want to run from the cops as well. Oh you want to do music, you know what I mean? So those are not the only thing, but you do get your style right, Yeah? And the Garrison.
Speaker 2: Was the summertime in the port More Yeah that song, yes.
Speaker 1: But but can you just gribe port More for me? I mean, it's just outside Kingston, so it's not in Kingston. Okay, we got across the bridge, so it's like Jersey, don't New York. Yeah, because we are still very much intertwined culturally and everything. Most people in Port Moore at the time went to school in Kingston. He worked in Kingston, so we're basically a twin city. And how was the life? So I grew up?
Speaker 6: How was life and water Ford? Could you describe that in anything?
Speaker 1: I mean, I grew up like six of us, you know what I mean, six kids, six kids my parents. We had six of us in one room at one point, on one bed. You know, get your lifestyle. But for me, I wouldn't change how I was raised because it made me a tough, determined, unwilling to go back there, you know what I mean. So yeah, I'm on big for Fort More Empire.
Speaker 5: Can you say your uncles were inspiring you to do mutic Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were from Kingston. So they used to come to my mom's house like on Sundays where my dad had this thing set up turn table you know those of course with the needle. Yeah, so and they used to string the mic up and DJ. They lived in Kingston Waterhouse. Yeah, that's where I was born, so big as well.
Speaker 2: So let me just go straight up for action. Who's the King of the dance Hall?
Speaker 1: Vibes Garter. Don't get it twisted because you have to remember Bean is a legend. I mean, was king the same way George was was king. Now we have Charles, you know what I mean. These things come and go just like life right here now a few years from now, we're gone. So currently speaking, you know what I mean. That's set by billboard, that's set by the fans, rolling stones, you know what I mean. Vibes Garten, the king numbers is there to prove it as it relates to dance hall, the love is there, impact is there, influences there all right, So you know, I mean, what's more left to be said?
Speaker 6: One game and one thing I commend you for is you never I haven't heard you talk bad on meaniever. You always pay me up against es Guard. You just hit them, just hit the Grammys, and you still pay them respect on.
Speaker 1: That's my top five. I told you Bounty being in vibes Guard. That's it. But I've read a.
Speaker 2: Lot of the comments, and a lot of comments were saying that that's the reason why you already king is because of your humbleness, Like you could use the opportunity and said something wrong or said something bad about No.
Speaker 1: No, God is the great test Man. God is the great old You wouldn't have been like that. No, no, all right, but you know what I mean. You learn, you want some feal, you want some fever. You're offering, but I need a ice please? So is this something white clanberry white? Right? Okay, okay, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I'm a little hated and I've never heard of white caroen Verby?
Speaker 1: Now is that a Jamaican drink? Or is that universe? Okay? You're taking it? Keep keep you see where? Yeah, that's right, make it over head, that's right. I reflect that.
Speaker 2: So when you were locked up, what was the most thing that you missed more? Because I was about to say recording or performing, but you got to record in jail, boy, did you miss performing? I didn't get to record. I can't figure out how to record. Yeah, because I ain't gonna lie. Whatever iPhone you got.
Speaker 1: Fives, I'm gonna record it. It's good for recording. How many albums do you recorded in jail? A lot? I mean we did. We did Iking, which is now re released. We did King on the Dance Al which Feverson soul goal. I did the Tuanisha, the album that's nominated for a Grammy, that in prison as well.
Speaker 2: Right, So, but you don't sound like you in prison. I'm trying to like we were listening to this city today, I'm like, how the fuck did you do that?
Speaker 1: Let's figure it out. Remember, everything is the technique once you crack the colde in. So I started using my mattress, like you know that sponge they gave you to sleep on to imitate the cushions sound in the studio. Micah. So that's that's what I figured out.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to take you to figure that part out a.
Speaker 1: Few years because I started recording, like in twenty twelve, and by twenty thirteen I figured it.
Speaker 2: OUTA you had a phone in there immediately, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I had an iPad the small one, a rectangular one. Remember those early ones from back in the day. I used to use that, Yeah, until I figured it out, like twenty thirteen. Then I started doing more better quality songs in terms of the sound.
Speaker 2: Wow, Now, what's your favorite place to perform? I see you just booked Cologne, Germany?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, I mean yeah, what's your favorite place.
Speaker 2: To perform outside of Let me let me rephrase the question. What's the place that you performed that? Then you was like, dam why am I here like a weird place?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Like I embraced everywhere. Let me let me think Japan two thousand and one. That was crazy. Yeah, that's crazy because like at the time most of these the Internet wasn't around. That's big. So it was crazy for me to go to Japan and was like, these people know my songs, you know what I mean? So that was crazy. But since then, you know, we got used to it. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, when you went to when you went to trial, A friend of mine's different. I believe you went had twelve days a trial.
Speaker 1: I believe he went to.
Speaker 2: Eleven days, and I believe if I hear this right, on the twelfth day, they didn't let him in because.
Speaker 1: They knew he was going to be guilty. I'm talking about Buster Ribs. Yes, yes, yes, that's my G. I was with him in La La. I just did him in the studio. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, how's your relationship with bus Describe your relationship.
Speaker 1: That's my g. The first time I met him was after I did Best at the Best because remember I didn't have a visa, so I was the first artist to do Best at the Best from Jamaica by your satellite, you know what I mean. Live. So he was in the crowd in Miami watching on stage and was like, Yo, what the fuck is this? I need to know this person. So we came to Jamaica. Oh so he do music first? Okay, okay, okay, so he came to Well, we loved Buster Ryan right right because you know, growing up we think we found out he was Jamaica and the DJ very well, he raps very well, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah. So the Fever, the fever. You don't know the song.
Speaker 2: Fever? Okay, hell y, hell ya, salu yo. Man, let me tell you something, world boss man, we are son.
Speaker 1: This is fever. Let's do that looking Fever they're looking fever. Okay.
Speaker 2: So now if I'm a tourist, I've never been to Jamaica. I'm a big Bobscartel fan. Where where do you recommend that I go in Jamaica for what?
Speaker 1: For? I don't know? To be safe, it's.
Speaker 4: Good man, you can't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you love Dan soul and you want to be in that culture where Cartel is from, Bounty beating Fada, come to Kingston. Come to Kingston with party every single night. So them mon they choose Wednesday thirty Friday. You want like a resort, vibe, white sand beaches, the girls with the little thing. You go to Montego to be feared. To Montego Bay. They also have a very powerful inner city culture. They got Gunman in Montigo Bay. I've never seen one. Okay, cool, but I will say this though, they have a very strong culture as well. Because they're the second city. So so Mantigo Bay would be if Kingston were in New York, Montego Bay would be Los Angeles. Okay, they go and they pushed. They have big artists from Montego Bay as well. Culture, the energy, you know, I mean dancers, Yeah, Tommy Lee. Yeah, I brought out Tommy Lee and I mean I have squash. He lives in Miami. Now's the artist man, Jamal the duntsman. So yeah, More Bay's a nice cultural place too.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've been to Montego Bay.
Speaker 1: Oh you've been there? Yeah, resort part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know nobody, so.
Speaker 1: I know we're all over the place.
Speaker 6: But I want to talk about Alliance and you and your introduction to Bounty Killer and that that part of your life.
Speaker 1: Oh that was crazy, man. Like I was in pot More at the time. So a dude that saw me on a show, a stage show, amateur night and he was like, Yo, I know Bounty Killer and I can make the introduction. But them times, as a youth from the ghetto, we was like, where do you know Bounty Killer? Yeah? Like how you know it? Who are you? Yeah? Exactly because at the time he was driving a Nissan. I'm like, nigga, how you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So it took us months because I was like, yeah, come pick me up today, five o'clock, five o'clock. I never showed you know what I mean. And then one day me and my friends was there chilling and we was like you know what, he's determined, give him my chat, you know what I mean. See how determination is a good thing too. So I said, okay, let's go. And he actually knew Bounty. So when he took me to Bounty, Killer, Bounty was there. I think he was playing cards or dominos, but some gambling was going on and he didn't even look up. Like Butler was like, oh, this is the dude that I wanted to introduce it to. And Killer was like, yeah, man, make him do the demo, you know, let him do the money double six. And because he's playing his domino. Anyway, we went to do the demo. When I went to the studio to do the demo, I saw a man. A man came in and the engineer was arguing with him and something he pulled the gun shot the dude killed him and spot we had to leave the like I would have blood cut. It's all kind of classes. Listen, I'm alive. Anyway, we went to another studio where I met a famous Jamaican DJ called Ricky Schoper. In Jamaica, we wouldn't call him DJ or we'd call him a selector. He spins the turntable and that was the start of an amazing relationship as well. Anyway, did the demo, went back to Bounty Killer the next day, gave him the demo, left, came back next day, and then he was like yeah, yeah, yeah, that's when Bone Killer became my mentor you know what I mean, legend. Yeah, he made me famous. Big up. Bon Tekula should do that. Brought you to him because oh yeah, but he lives in la right now. As a matter of fact, me and him not that close. But he's a little bro. He's one of my road managers. I don't leave him everywhere in the world I am. He's there. About the first time he met Buju Bo, Like I said, the first time I actually met him apart from the incident, was in Manhattan. Sometimes I had visa way back in the day, like two thousand and four. Yeah, and let me ask.
Speaker 2: You a little political questions not so political, but why did Jamaicas need visas to come here? But Americans don't need visas to go to Jamaica.
Speaker 1: In America is America. If you guys need visas to will maybe Russia. London.
Speaker 2: They kick me out of London. I have a visa, they kick me out. They didn't even let me get out of the airport.
Speaker 1: We need visas for some beer. They kicked me right out London. Yeah, I mean you know you loved it, motherfucker. I mean we could you know, let me tell us on that I'm not going to get to because they're going to end up in race. And how does it feel to get your visa back?
Speaker 6: And what does that mean for an artist coming from Jamaica and overseas.
Speaker 1: I mean it feels good, man. And I think I deserve it too, right, I mean, so shout out to it. Yeah, not not. I don't say that to sound cocky or anything. I just say that because apart from me putting in the work, I think I'm changed as a person and I'm more user friendly so to speak. So yeah, I think I deserve And you got all the charges. We got to quit it of all the all the charges charge.
Speaker 2: Because one of the things that that was said to me was this whole time he was he was, he was caught, but there was no gun and there was nobody that they ever found.
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, so it was almost like that's that's like. I mean, I went through the childs and tribulations and God, God brought me through successfully, you know, so made it through, made it God is the greatest, goddamn yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, So he was some of the things you was watching in jail, everything everything you had Internet, you had world Star.
Speaker 1: World Stars know that jail man, I had fucking porn Hub.
Speaker 2: You walked the Red Carpet and the Grammys, and I need to point out every every little website like you knew.
Speaker 1: It was like he had to be and it can. Yeah, it's up to the time, man. I mean they've taken so much, so many phones from in prison. I've lost count man, because it's not like it's legal, right, but it's a cell and I'm in a cell. Yeah, so you know you know how that goes. It's crazy though whatever I mean, I wasn't. I wasn't given the worst treatment. I wasn't singled out. You know, sometimes people have to single you out, but when I was in Jamaican version, I wasn't like singled out in a bad way, right right, only in good ways, you know, because you know, the culture is big and like I said, I'm a chill person, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And you're the world on the fucking balls. Yes, yes, show it's about giving people their flowers when they could smell them, their thoughts where they.
Speaker 1: Could think them, and they drinks while they could drink them.
Speaker 2: Yo, man, welcome home, Yo, stay home, stay on top.
Speaker 1: Of the game. We want to give you your flowers face to face. Yeah it's yeah. Yeah, that's a camera. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Snoop Dogg said it's better than the Grammy because it comes from his people.
Speaker 1: Tell them where you're from. He's from. Yeah, all around. Yeah, thank you man. It means a lot.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got your nickname is the war Angel as well?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, And what's the war Angel? Was the War Angel? Yes, So I want to go back a little bit because we're in the magnificence of Vibes Cartel right now, but we have to talk about how you got there and the things that made you that you know, and you said some of your inspiration was Bounty Bugey and Ninja Man. Yes, you had an instance from Ninja Man one time on stage.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I'm just wondering, how the hell do you have an instance like that.
Speaker 1: With one of your inspiration. It was an unfortunate incident, you know what I mean. Funny enough, Like I said, Ninja Man is the first artist that I really listened to and was like, I want to do this. It's my job.
Speaker 4: It's going to be my job.
Speaker 1: So I guess we were bound to meet at some time. They say worked the idol becomes a rival's Yeah, yeah, so it happened. Yeah, so I mean, I guess that's what brought me and his journey right there in that time and space together. But yeah, we cool. We met after that. We were actually in prison together, like two prisons. Yeah, so we were in Spanish down prison and we were in Towers Street in Kingston. I left in there as a matter of fact, So big up Ninja Man. But yeah, that was a crazy point in my career. You know, I was hungry. I could tell you I was hungry man, and I wanted it any means necessary. Yeah, well, big of Ninja. We're good like that.
Speaker 5: And what about the Times of Bounty? Who all was in the Alliance?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had the lyrical field at the Alliance as well when I left, Because you but how long were you with them? I was with Alliance some two thousand, about two thousand and five, two thousand and six, Yes, funny enough. You know what started that field with me an Alliance. When I went to Beanie Man's wedding, Oh yeah, he was was he grow Beanie was at it at the time because remember Bounty being in Man married at the time, socience was high. It was loving hip hop and Jamake exactly. Angel that's being a man's wife. I've known her for years, so I basically went to angel wedding. But you were supporting her, yes, right, and trust me Man that that was great. Yes, that caused it many But did you do you did a record as well? What he did a record? Yeah? What she was being birth to a life? You know what's it was a big it was a big song. Yeah, but that's what started and we went and that's what Bert like the emerging and so God's a gully because then stepped up that gully.
Speaker 2: Is that's who you guys win against, right, Yes, yes, okay, but we're both from Alliance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so when you have that problem, he stepped up for Alliance.
Speaker 1: Yes, he stepped up for Alliance because I was shooting everyone. He was like the young brave one that at the time the way I do. And that's when it started. So it's over. It's over now. Yeahahn, because matter.
Speaker 5: Went down for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, matter of fact, his son was in the same person I was in two yeah yeah, so yeah, show the guard. Yeah he's in town.
Speaker 6: Do you ever do you ever look back at those times? And and I don't want to say regret. I never regret anything, but maybe you want to do something different.
Speaker 1: I know, I want to live in this universe, man, and this universe brought me to where I am.
Speaker 2: Well, right, it's a fire happening, right, and you got one bottle of fever.
Speaker 1: You could save one person, I understandle no no, I.
Speaker 2: Say one person, yes, booju or bounty killing, save one the fire moreal. I just want to let you know he can save. He's gonna drink the fever himself.
Speaker 1: I thought I could have sat. I saw that on your program that when the person doesn't want to answer, you drink.
Speaker 7: That's I'm gonna take a drink.
Speaker 1: It's a quick you're ready for hold on, hold on, I want to go ahead. Hold on, my bad, you're gonna you gotta step your ship up there.
Speaker 2: That's what they make up these questions. But let's let's talk about one of your friends.
Speaker 1: Sean Storm that's my brother man friends. Yeah, real bro man.
Speaker 2: Everything is great, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: His mom used to sell at the primary school that I went to. He went to there to but I'm older than him, so I was there before. So yeah, we grew up in the same community, right, yeah, Okay, that's my bro man. Okay, talk to him every day. Okay, yeah, yeah, Why did you ask that though, even though it's you, I don't know. I just want to make sure I'm one point.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure I want point. I have to call every Let me tell you something. Everybody wants to be a part of this interview. Everybody man, because you're so important to the people, you know what I mean, and and like you know what I mean. I just wanted to I just wanted to give your flowers, man, because you know what I mean, Like, your story is impeccable flowers received.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, I want to ask you what influenced, if any did you have a hip hop artist from over here in the States.
Speaker 1: Growing up, are used to listening to like KRS one, BDP, Love the Browns, and I mean Slick Creck, a little bit of Big that we loved, click crick in Jamaica. Back in the day, we heard, yeah man the ruler, the teacher. Yeah, come on, big up, slickman recruited big chin and you know, back in the days, Jamaicans used to love to wear those big, heavy gold chains, you know what I mean them times the diamond and the bling wasn't such a thing. But yeah, I'm on, you call yourself the teacher too, right, Yeah? But yeah, well I didn't call myself the teacher. The people gave me that. People gave me World Boss. I only gave myself the name Vibecartel and war Angel. Remember Bounty Killers, the warl Right, so he needs the little war angels around. Yeah, yeah did you. Yes, that's how we actually hooked up. I met in terms of like I used to write, and then he gave me the opportunity to do a song with him called Galla Clad. Wait wait, you said used to write. Yeah, I wrote like back in the day, like the whole song. Yes, yes, yes, really, yeah that's cool. Yes, that's Bounty Killer. We're gonna say that's uncool. No, No, I'm just saying because had the team up right tests around him, good writers too, Wow, you know what I mean? Yeah, very good, right, test Man.
Speaker 5: So you guys have more output. I feel like then artists over here. Yeah right, you're right on every rhythm that comes out, just.
Speaker 1: Throwing it out. Did Neo ever get mad at you? I've never met him. Your niggas match up his song? Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I know you're in the club thinking they're gonna hear.
Speaker 1: You clear. That mean if I got okay.
Speaker 8: Clear it right away, which we want for me to not clear it, even if I was thinking about not clearing it, which by the way, I was never thinking about not clearing.
Speaker 1: That's but he didn't clear it. He didn't know, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You was presented to me like this is that dude? Oh and by the way, he did this with your song? It was presented to me like that. So I'm like, so what are we talking about right now? Of course it's fine. What Why would I have a problem with this? To this day, I can't, like you know, I can't be over there and before misindependent without showing without giving props.
Speaker 1: To what then he did? You know what I'm saying, like you made Yeah? Yeah, man, Like ye say, he broke the record back five and that's awful. The ship that I was shrunting. I got to give you love for that. Okay. In its defense as well, the publishing was owned by some European guys, so they were holding like we don't isn't isn't that so dope? The power of the people they.
Speaker 2: Make with the hits whatever, den't clear it or not, that's it.
Speaker 1: I think that's your record. Yeah, man, it's the biggest. It's one of my biggest songs, man, trust me. It's one of spices. Like anywhere she goes, she's like, yo, I got the big hit with Cartel. This is my first big song, she says that. And she's also from Portmore by the way, Spice, we grew up together. Yeah yeah man, so big up and the rumping shop, that's it. That's that's the yes, yes, rough yeah, yeah yeah ump you guys maybe we call it like a motel or oh it's always like that, yes, yeah, sex shop, but we said ramping shop. We rap broth. Yeah. So that's where the concept came from, you know what I mean, that's where we used to hang out in the name me Popcorn family. You know, the girls used to come through. Yeah, so that's how we gave it the name the ramping shop and it's a real place.
Speaker 2: I don't know I'm supposed to say it like this, But and you bus popcorn right yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're going you said it properly saying let's say.
Speaker 9: It's just saying yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Brought in the fame. Man. Very talented, you know what I mean? Yeah, big popcorn.
Speaker 6: Did you did you think he exceeded your expectations or did he meets your expect No?
Speaker 1: He met it. And I mean he has way more potential in him. Remember he hasn't even touched you as soil there. Think about that. He's one of the biggest artists out of Jamaica. Been all over the world. He rolls with Drake. Oh, I'm seeing him in Canada. I'm thinking that exactly. He's got that. Damn I didn't keep that. Yeah, and he goes to you cells like gold in Uka on a regular Yeah. Man, he's doing this thing. He's big.
Speaker 2: If you if you if you get the headline Eastern Parkway Parade, which you bring popcorn with you.
Speaker 1: Unless he's walking through the border. Like I said, he.
Speaker 10: Doesn't have a visa, but definitely like me, and we travel all over the world.
Speaker 1: We've been traveling. Like I said, I gave him his fame, so of course if he gets his visa, start telling it's on. Yeah yeah, but yeah. But now as it stands, that's two well man ship. So why they won't give him his visa. I never went to the embassy when that was being you got your visa? No, because God is the greatest. I told you. I've made like people expected me to come out guns blazing, fucking up the place literally and musically. But like I said, I'm just calm, chill, like I feel blessed. I feel good, you know. I mean, I'm just showing love to everyone, whether you like me or not. And that's where my blessing comes from. I mean a lot of people surprised that I got the visa, you know what I mean. As a matter of fact, I went to the German embassy first and got the European one, the shn Yang. Then I went to the US embassy got the US visa. In addition to that, like I said, the Grammy nomination keeping Freedom Street the biggest dance all show a blessing because we're just like yo, God on your time right now, you know, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you're gonna make Freedom Street a festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're for two days, every two.
Speaker 2: Days everywhere, so we will be the next place you want to do that.
Speaker 1: Uh well, we wanted to do it in England, but we got an offer already wireless festival. Yes, so being wireless and you know that summer, so I don't want to fuck that up. So yeah in London okay, well yeah, Live Nation okay, yeah. Yeah, so we're doing We're just keeping it every year in Jamaica. That's that's one thing for sure. It's going to be an annual event. All right.
Speaker 2: Do you realize that you stopped you only the planes traffic in Jamaica that night of the concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was planes that was backed up, there was traffic.
Speaker 2: It was it was like one of the craziest nights in Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Do you know that? Yeah? Man, he'sn in Kingston. You couldn't get a hotel room. All the rooms are booked, you know what I mean? And what a lot of the hotels did on that night. So say the room is for like two fifty US. So for those two nights you got to have a thought in the night. Wow, they cut you in on that. No, the hotel that I stay funny, you know, because actually stay at the hotel. I've been there so long. Even my manager was like, just by the hotel man, But they give me a good rd. So I stayed there because my house is in the hills, but it's too far. So if I want to hide away from people and then I go there. But I like to stay in New Kingston because that's like being in Manhattan. You said, New Kingston part of New Kingston banks and the hotels and the nice restaurants and places.
Speaker 4: You would like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, damn.
Speaker 6: Let me ask a question since I were talking about Freedom Street. You know, Freedom Street get reaches reaches here and then you emerge out the stage and you just sit there for me, yes, for maybe for one two minutes, it seemed like five minutes.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, What did that feeling feel like for you? I did it on purpose because remember I like to prove them wrong. So if you if you want me to jump this table, just say you can't jump. You know what I mean? So you to the table. So when I was coming out the pea, usually I would start making my signature slang from from black stage so they'd be like yo, yo, all say you know you know the thing? Yeahine like that would get the c So I was like, nah, I'm coming out like Michael Jackson style silence and let them do that. Yeah. So I gave them like a good think about a minute. Yeah, it seems like five.
Speaker 6: Streaming on six before they canceled it.
Speaker 1: And then I said yeah yo and Pandemonium yeah man, and then we started It's crazy this is Mine. Yes, I like Dreamstown. The drinks just appear out of nowise. Let me ask you, do you think you should have on the Grammy? Yeah, yeah, of course why not?
Speaker 2: It was me like you know, reading in the comments, a lot of people agree with you. They think that you should have won the graph of course.
Speaker 1: I mean that's Bob Marley. How many Grammys do you need? Like you're the number one artists in the Jamaica verse, right, number one. It's that sit some iTunes number and every day looking at us like this literally, I mean, if you look at this album that hardly moves some number one. Let me, yeah, I moved a couple of times, goes back up. Another artist, come move it, it goes back up. That's Bob. How many Grammys you need, man, And if you think about it, my story is an amazing story. Thirteen years out of prism getting nominated for the album that I did in prison, I mean, now getting a us VSA walk in the red carpet, that's a real story. And you know the Grammars is also political as well. It's a beautiful story. It's a success story.
Speaker 2: And got a carpet that.
Speaker 1: Was exactly that would have been an icing on the cake? Am I bitter? No? No, that's Bob Marley and first, and I think he was the only person who could have beaten you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So the last time you're going to be no, exactly, that's nothing.
Speaker 1: But you asked a question like that.
Speaker 2: But here's the here's the question that for me. For me, I love this movie. But every time I ask somebody from the island of Jamaica, they tell me they didn't even see the movie.
Speaker 1: No legend Bob Marley movie. Like ever you're talking.
Speaker 2: I asked somebody, did you see the Bob Marley movie, like a person from the yard. They will be like yeah, they were like, no, I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: I mean I've seen clippings of it though like a lot of clips. I need to understand this cause you playing this to me.
Speaker 2: Why are people and I think you you you explained it to me a little bit. You said, I think people from Jamaica knows Bo's story so much they didn't want.
Speaker 1: It to be any iconic. But for for us, like if.
Speaker 2: A biggie movie just come out, right, I'm from Queen's I'm not from Brooklyn, but I'm gonna go see a biggie movie.
Speaker 1: Why isn't the things he feels they need to tell me where he's from.
Speaker 2: Why don't people from the yard go watch Ball's movie?
Speaker 1: I don't understand it. I mean it's personal, man, because you know, like you said, we know about we know, we grew up hearing his life story. Even a lot of people in Jamaica who did watch the movie, they were like, oh, why did why didn't Cindy breakspeare? Which is which is Julia Gonsman? Why didn't she get more time in the film? Oh it is because Richard did the film. So yeah, so it's that serious. Yeah yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, there's no people have their favorites, man, because Bobby is that big.
Speaker 2: Right now, what is the difference between reggae and dance hall.
Speaker 1: I mean, first of all, the beats, you know what I mean, Dan Saul. As a matter of fact, Dan Saul came about on reggae beats until he found it on nats. Some would say, with in in eighty six we changed the beat itself. But yeah, yeah, but reggae is more political, more social, you know what I mean, more against the system, more rebellious. Well, Dan Saul is just like sex, drugs, you know what I mean, like violence.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's deeper than that.
Speaker 1: That's many layers obviously, yeah, obviously, because you know what I mean. But yeah, I think Dan Saul is Reggae's like unruly cousin, you know, the one from the Projects. Yeah, yeah, that's Dan Saull. Younger cousins, Yeah, the younger, very young reggae, the older big brother like, yeah, he smokes pipes, yes, yes, the younger dance That roller dance is of O G now too, Yeah, of course it is. I's been around since the seventy what's my man name?
Speaker 2: I told you to sh the picture of and I called him doctor.
Speaker 1: But he's not a.
Speaker 2: Doctor, multa multi right. I've seen to you ever you think you ever do his show?
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm not afraid to do more show what is iconic in Jamaica as well, you know, especially among the Rastafi the reggae community.
Speaker 2: So he was saying, like, how how much of reggae is.
Speaker 1: The o G?
Speaker 2: But I guess we kind of like like stepped on that already, right few that Yeah, we can't know.
Speaker 1: You can't dispel that. That's plus it's coming from it's coming from a legend too. Yeah, but he's right, reggae is the og man. Right. Yeah. Well, I think and this is the topic that's been discussed, it's been going on for years. Should Dancehall have its own category? And I think yes, because Sean Paul is a reggae, we need more classify him as dance yes, and he's international, right, you know what I mean. So we have the we have the criteria. We have big International Dance All Stars as opposed to what Junior Gong who's reggae, as opposed to a Bob Marley who was reggae, you know what I mean? Yeah, So I think we could have our own catch and you Bounty Dancehall Dance Sall Butcher was danceaull as well.
Speaker 5: Liked and the artists could go back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can do because I have reggae track well, you know what I mean. So it's a thin line, but you know what I mean, it's there.
Speaker 6: Nonetheless, when you said was dancehall, would you ever do an album like a til Shallow album but on your own?
Speaker 1: You know I mean when I say it was, maybe that's a strong choice at first, but what I mean he was only dance, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And then he was like, didn't shine?
Speaker 1: You know, you're trying to un stuffing, you know what I mean. So he made the transition and he was super successful as a sold artists and super successful reggae artists. Not many people do that, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, would you make an album like that until Shallow album or I mean, I'm if I'm.
Speaker 1: Dance so forever, man, I doubt that, but I do reggae songs because you are not love, but I'm dance sold forever, you know what I mean. That's not gonna change. Do you think you do a tour with Beanie Man? I mean, if the money is right, I'll do a tour with anyone. You know what I mean it is. I would not say anyone. I mean any Jamaican up. Yeah yeah, any hip hop artists, R and B artist you know, I mean saw black music, afrobeats like come on you bus tour would be cool, that's my g Yeah. He actually told me like, yo, we need to sing some dates together, like let me know, I'm flying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm flying out front seat like.
Speaker 1: Like no, I gotta watch it, na. Man h. That was one of the guys. That's a good point you made too, because when you said, now I'm gonna watch it, you see. So you can't just be an artist. You got to be a fan of the music. God, damn make some noise for I like what you said. Yes, I ain't gonna lie, man. I would.
Speaker 2: I would if you and Bust the Pomps to do a show together, that's God. I probably wouldn't even call him because.
Speaker 1: He was like, you're coming from form and I'm like, no, I'll be roll like this on like yeah, yeah, so the fans don't see you because this space yeah yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna keep it on hunting with you. How many babies you think you made of?
Speaker 1: For vibes? Just your music I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I was listening to your ship and all you too, is talking about fucking you like this, yes, sir, like the that's.
Speaker 8: Not for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah man, like I said, like in Jamaica, you have artists that do songs for the girls, and then you have artists like me that go hardcore sex. I mean I have songs for the girls. Yeah, but a lot of my songs is like sex. You Knowabarans. Yeah, Like I'm like Sabarans then, like he was like the man every other song pussy pussy, But I mean artistically done, it's not. Yeah, it's not like you're reading from a book like it's music. So you gotta flow. It got to sound poetic, got to be on the beach. You got the cadence, articulation, all of that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was funny and ship because we were all working out to your music.
Speaker 1: My white days, like yeah, yeah, I had my my when I was in America back in the day, I had security, right, you know, these giant looking guys. So some of them were Hispanish. So the dude came to me one day and he was like, yo, cartel man. I figured out your song. But your songs are the ones that say pussy, pussy every two lines. I'm nothing. I was like, yeah, no, that's what I'm saying. You got the cold boy, yeah, man, So, like I said, dancehall is like that.
Speaker 2: It's hardcore. How many babies you think you made just over your music? Like people just just people do something the place?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah? Yeah? What population nineteen twenty percent? The hell? Yeah, it's bigger than Jamaica. When people say that, even in the comment section, people would be like, say, I post the old song, say ramping shop it, oh cartail, I made my son for that song. Yeah. Literally in the comment section, I mean Virginity. That's a big song in Jamaica that I did as well. Ladies comment, oh I lost my virginity to this song such and such I got fragmented this song. So yeah, they'd be in the comments section.
Speaker 2: I can't think of that.
Speaker 1: Experience. And that's why people call you the world boss.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, they say that you can make you know love music, you can make us you know dog music, and you can you can make cop music anything.
Speaker 1: Then, like I said, I do a few reggae joints and yeah, we do everything man like it's music. It's like I say, I sing my truth and my experiences. Doesn't have to be first hand all the time and be a second you know. I mean, me and you in the streets, are something happened in the community, sing about that, but do it in a way because remember it's universal. I mean, it's like hitting your elbow on the wall and feeling that shock. We all go through the same stuff. Yeah, funny, Well, so it's like once you have been through it, chances are a few other people I've gone through that. It's relatable. But yeah, so that's how I attacked music from that more personal kind of and that's why people love my songs danceau because I tap into that personal part. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Speaking of that, let's talk about your debut album, Up to the Time album, you know Green, Do you want to just drop no?
Speaker 1: No, no, that's the way out two thousand and three.
Speaker 6: I think, how do you do you remember creating that album and what was going on and your mind stage?
Speaker 1: I mean, like I said in them times, Oh, because when I came out back then a lot of people didn't understand my style exactly because dan So was changing and I was one of the kids at the time that was changing the flow. So I got a lot of pushback from the industry, from the gatekeepers. So when that album came out, the kids just ate it up. And that's how Vice character became like a young g back in the day because the flow was different, you know, because you know, in like say nineties dance, so the typical template it would be like no no no no no no. Vibescarter was like, can I know? And I'm a close fitting Clarks Michos the chief like chicken pas. They call me Valentine and summer shots. Most you know bot't share to the hearts, fend the glass cars eighty Dutch marks. We think them my pre when me and passed what I tell you them me and not them tags Barbara Blue down them color arks, who is vibes cartel and then make it recommend this and a remarks so I'm semi ugly like Barbara Sparks some sembody. Best then come across illegal firearm a fiberglass so on a rush me with no knife, iras dis plus me equally a life alas you know, crazy rhyme like I opposed to like this is early two thousand me talking. So yeah, so that album when it came out, the kids ate it up and I became like instantly a household named just On for that because like I said, we grew up. The generation before me wasn't into hip hop like that. My generation of the nineties we grew up to like I said, the Carris one Big is Smaller and it came out Tupac.
Speaker 5: Jay Z nots and the changing of the flows, changing.
Speaker 1: Up the flow, so we kind of have had the ear to like, oh, whoa you can say so you can express yourself like that, you can say that, you.
Speaker 5: Can jump out of the pocket, come back into the part exactly.
Speaker 1: So that's where a cartel came from, like as a product of dance, salt and hip hop. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, I can see why Sife was trying to compare him to Eminem, the Eminem Jamaica, and that's that's all car exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's like twenty five years ago, twenty you know what I mean. So yeah, it's crazy. I don't like that comparison, by the way, but.
Speaker 2: The fact that he can do anything, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like we always we always said Lil Wayne, you know, that's who we always is.
Speaker 1: Fired though, like how does he is? How does he come up with that ship? Which is what people say to me and dance stalls when I listed the way and I want to see him to asking that same question. Crazy man, But yeah, who's your favorite hip hop artist right now? Of all time? Tupac all time Tac. That's why this is. I got this from park because back in the day, yeah yeah, yeah, and and funny enough why we used it to because I'm from port More, which is not really Kingston, so we're like outsiders, especially back then. We're like yeah, so yeah, so we had the Gosha that's crazy.
Speaker 2: What would what would Bob Catel Tupac crazy?
Speaker 1: That would be crazy. Hold hold on, hold on, hold on, And I got the worst.
Speaker 2: Uh so that's it called volume in the world.
Speaker 1: Cypher sounds in the building, you see funny. Yeah, I'm here, man, You're go I'm fine, man, I'm doing drinks Champs, so you know that though I'm telling you, it's a pleasure to be here. Sif trust me, thank you you started it. You ew and Rosenberg. Remember the interviews as I came out. They did the very first one. Yeah. Yeah. So now I'm at Drinks Jams Live, so I'm drinking your excite where you are question.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know I'm the king of the dance hall.
Speaker 1: They come and they come see me. Yeah, yeah, that's my friend. That's my friend. Now I was asking you about the Brooklyn Parkway Parade.
Speaker 2: Now in New York, this is like the biggest, biggest. This is like for the for the Jamaica's is like their summer jam.
Speaker 1: Right. Is it a West Indies day in today? You know? Okay? Yeah? By them times. Like I said, I was a young artist, elephant man, and the guys was running the place from that. In the dance all.
Speaker 2: First, yeah, yeah, what do you feel about reggae?
Speaker 1: Don? I love reggae. Don. I don't understand ship they're saying. But the flow is similar to the flow is similar to dance all and the ridding the beat is dance. I love it, man. I don't know problem with I love. Have you collaborated yet with anybody? No, not yet, not yet, But I love it. You know what I mean? The vibe energy, Yeah, it comes on in the club. I mean, we don't stop like what the folk man? Can you name a reggae don recon that you like? I don't know, okay, but I know that the Yankee doog, he was the original pioneer, wanted the pioneers. Okay, yeah, so we knew about that Yankee and as Jamaicans back in to day, that made us feel patriotic and all that. All these guys are patterning our ship. So daddy, that's that's a reggae name. Remember that, even Yeah, daddy, Yankee, think about it because Jamaicans called America African Americans. Yeah, yeah, and then you put the daddy on it. How did even be down this for three years? What is wrong with me? Holy ship?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay? How about apple Beats? I love afro beats. What's your favorite apple Beat record out right? Now? This? I don't know if I should sing it. She she's saying she wants him to make her sweat water. Oh yeah, that's yeah, Tyler. Yeah. And I love the girl called Tame Stuw. I think she won Grammys for she won the Grammys the other day. Yeah, I was there. Yeah, I love afro beat. I got songs with Whisked. You know what. I mean burn up not. I don't think I have a song with him, but he's Big two in Jamaica and shot from Ghana, came to Freedom Street, Fun Love. Yeah man, that's my bro man. So yeah, yeah, because I mean it's it's it's African music, all of it, dance song, reggaeton. It's literally called reggae. All of that ship come on, jazz whatever, rock and roll is black music. That's Africa.
Speaker 2: Because we have Buju bontan on Buju. It was like that he don't feel like that. Sometimes reggaeton or Applebeasts give dancehall and reggae is props.
Speaker 1: So that's something that you don't agree with you. No, it's not that I don't agree, but think about it. Reggaeton, it's called reggaeton. The homage is easing in the name reggae reggae ton, you know what I mean, So that the homage is there, I mean, I think what and this goes to show the power of Jamaican music.
Speaker 5: US.
Speaker 1: It's a numbers game in Jamaica is small, you know what I mean. Nigeria has worked over two hundred million people. Yeah, they're gonna get their own slot on MTV Africa. The continent. It's a frea continent, right, tell me they're gonna get their own area has two hundred more than two hundred million, man, Yeah, someone a huge over. I'm gonna go ahead and say it has like maybe two thirty million. So of course MTV is gonna recognize. All them niggas are scamming niggas. All them niggas are Sha twenty four. I'm off like six. You're teaching me, man, that's trying over the teacher. Yeah, but seriously, it's a numbers game, so they beg so they're gonna get the MTV Special or MTV Africa. But Jamaica is like two points something a minion. It's not feasible. But but we still influence Nigerian, right, we still influence Ghana. So that just goes to show the power of the music that comes out that that's small.
Speaker 2: Deep, No, it's very deep, because I'm gonna tell you right now, I've been all on hopping and every where I went, they was pigging me up for for my my dad's.
Speaker 1: Hall interview everywhere exactly.
Speaker 2: So what I'm trying to tell you is as small as Jamaica is like how you just said.
Speaker 1: It still runs.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, like it runs that whole thing, like everywhere that was that and I was just I was feeling like everywhere I was going with it and they start crushing up, you know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no grind allergic the grind so so yeah, man, but Jamaica is very you want.
Speaker 2: To play quick, Thomas Laws do it. You don't have to take shots if you don't want to.
Speaker 1: You can pick. You could drink, you can drink some egos ship Now we got fever migos.
Speaker 5: Two choices. If you pick one, nobody drinks. But if you don't want to answer, or you want to say both of the people.
Speaker 1: Or everyone drinks. Yeah, I know, I know, he goes man. I'm a fan. Yeah again, thank you very much. A right you ready ready? I want this one go ahead.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like you already did this already, Bounty Killer Jabonta.
Speaker 1: Already Fever he was good. Okay, you can see your next one, Terry Gunzi or Grindsman, grinds man. Yeah, he originally did. Ben Spanani I paid homage to and used to hope and he's from Baltimore, where I'm from definitely big Up.
Speaker 2: Terry said, oh yeah, Tupac or DMX tupac rest in piece of both.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all right, Peter both.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ask this one Bob Marley or Peter tosh Oh Ship, I like this shot got to get and you got the next one? Su sayd mm hmm, Beanie Man or Ninja Man, Ninja Man, Goad.
Speaker 1: Black Ryan or popcorn mm hmm. You know, the more you drink this, the more you I'm ready here, let me do this one. Rush on or not nice? You you got turning into an alcoholic man. That's the fever I want you. I want to think you. You guys are right man tiny show ye Ship Yeah, jay Z or not jay Z? He mixed one right, No, no, he did that one.
Speaker 2: No he did that was popcorn was the last one he did he did that?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah yeah, Raster definitely jay Z.
Speaker 6: This one is a no brainer. Teachers pet reality show, a thug life movie.
Speaker 1: Don't don't don't only the witness just speed reality show. You're talking about my doug. Last movie before I became famous, back in the day when everyone was broke, I did the worst fucking movie. Yeah, but that's crazy. Yeah, Doug Life, I got shot. That was in bed laughing. That was your acting skills. I have terrible laughting skills, bro, trust me. And you were paying mister Parker, right, Doug. Yeah yeah, Doug Life, Like I said, Yeah, I even have it tattooed somewhere.
Speaker 6: I talk about teachers talking about teachers, how was how was that experience teachers felt?
Speaker 1: Was crazy? Man? Like, I mean it was. It could have looking back, it could have been way better. But like I said, I was the first person to do it, so we didn't have a template. It was like the flavor of love basically, but yeah, we should have. Yeah, so I did it. Even to this day, people like, when are you doing it? Though? For you you just come out of prison. You should be doing it, not getting married. So yeah, people love that was a big back in the day, especially with the songs. Yeah goes hand in hand, man, I got one Kendrick Lamar or Drake all the way down. I see you say Drake before to man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, he said, every block do you go through, you can hear a Drake record.
Speaker 1: You get me. You may not, and he's not talented, but you know, Drake has that commercial flavor, and he's like, he's like the hip hop Michael Jackson, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, so yeah juicy. He did a lot for popcorn, and he reps the culture. He raps Jamaica culture to the point where people started calling him culture culture. But like, we don't feel that way. It's not Jamaica not influence as well, yeah, because Jamaicans are all over exactly, So it is this next. I got this one, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I got this because I was looking at my closet.
Speaker 1: For my clocks. Yeah, I couldn't find him. I got a brand new clocks.
Speaker 2: And then I said, I might have been going too far. Yes, but clarks or no, that's not that's not okay, my bad.
Speaker 1: My is wanted to shoot? How used to it? Back to the how do you know that? Come on? All the nigga says, come on, come on over here?
Speaker 6: Right about the addies though, because what inspired you to have your own shoes?
Speaker 1: I mean, just like I said, I love money, but it's deeper than that. Like I said, we grew up on hip hop as well, and we always admired how these guys come from poverty just like us. Now they are rappers, they have their own shoes, They have their own you know what I mean. You were seeing that first in the hip hop yeah in the nineties. Yeah yeah, and that inspired me of course. I mean, like I said, my generation is the first generation to have cable TV. M so that influences. Yes. So when the cable came out in Jamaica, we were like fourteen years old, being the first generation to be able to watch B E T and yeah A J and Free Yeah yeah example.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we were in rap City City and all of that.
Speaker 1: You hear how loud you got one of these got It changed American landscape and it added to the culture as well, you know what I mean. So like I said, yeah, before us, there was just one TV station in Jamaica. So the Jennifer, so my older sisters, they grew up on one TV station that signed off at midnight, crazy.
Speaker 6: Right and Clarks, I know their sales had to go up after Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of thember Clark's were a British colony, so Clarks has been embedded in the culture. I just brought it back exactly because like I said, when the cable TV came, this game or Jordan's came, Sneakers came Jersey Scane, so a lot of it was lost to the kids who came out in the in the late nineties. They came out we're in Jordan's and so so when I did Clarks, it brought back that old school style. Yeah, and that's why it's still so big to this day because it has always been in the closure, you know what I mean? Yeah, Yeah, let's yeah, Dre scores super hype, dre scung, but soup hype is my regends. Dres called ma name did Kingston story album that was crazy? M m hm, Sizzler or Capleton two legends? Man tell you yeah, did you drink? I'm watching you because he's right, He's right, Yeah, yeah, bigs long a time, man, you can't talk? Those are those are giants? Yes, man? And intro music mine me, no one no is that responsibly.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you how much we can get right back to the quick time of Slim. But let me tell you how much your fans are your fans?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I posted like with multiple stuff, yes, And all I did was post a little bit of this right here.
Speaker 1: What they heard that you got your visa was d m Yeah.
Speaker 2: But before we get back to the Quirk Thomas Slim. I just want you to know. You know, I've been doing this for eight years, so I've been studying years nine years.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: I've been studying people's fan base. I study people's drinks, I study people whatever. And I tell you your fan.
Speaker 1: Base that's crazy crazy. Imagine beehive on weed. That's my finding, Marbie on fucking.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly right, Ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's why.
Speaker 13: Not respect like when you win episode recording that, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And you know you know that because when I was playing that to a little Wayne, little Wayne couldn't actually understand. I had like almost tell him his fan base. But you know your fan base, you know why.
Speaker 1: They was writing you in jail and yeah, okay, that is my fan base is crazy, bro like me back then, that's the cart was talking. That's my fan base. They haven't evolved with me, with me, they're still dark as fun. I like it like that. You can pull a Trump right now.
Speaker 2: You can tell people you go go motherfucking the.
Speaker 1: Court right now and don't say that time and at Yeah, I'm not going to tell that drink water Ship, Can I get a straw? Why? Why Damien Mary Damien Marty and Stephen Marley. Damien, that's Junior Gong. He's lop Steven still, but Junia Gown like the younger kids. A lot of young kids in Jamaica even say Junior Gong is better than Bob Marley because he not only sings, he dj he raps, right because he grew up different, right, right, I mean you grew up in between Miami and New York. Like he's a Yeah, he's a world citizen. Mm hmm. Shava or super Cat super Man super Cat. Yeah, but like I said, remember, Shaba is more my like for the ladies, right, So super catches are real. I mean I'm a I'm a hybrid because coming up I was naturally gangster, but I do a lot of songs for the ladies.
Speaker 5: So and it feels like super was one of the first artists to really get into the hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And yeah, of course because even Heavy D was friends Heavy Heavy and biggest first track is on that too. Yeah yeah, sometimes, yeah that is a legend as well. Yeah, that's something Ninja Man super Cats era when I was like twelve thirteen coming up in the eighties. Uh yeah, Extensive Royalty or eminem which song? Which song? Because royalty is a song? Which song? White trash, white trash party, white chash. Yeah, this is all you from here on out, brother, yeah, White. Why do you write a long ass like that? Because it's can tell? Man, these individuals each other? JA right, what the fuck? Get it now? I get it. It don't make sense. I Shaana, I Shaana, but a legendary young artist. As a matter of fact, you break since you know I didn't break her. A producer that I recorded a song for called Loudie. You basically stole the song and gave it to Shenzia to sing. But this is when gods are fans. My fans really had a problem with Shenzia when she came out and said she wrote the song is if she wrote for you? No, as if she wrote the entire song? Okay, okay, so you wrote her verse two? No, it was my song. So I recorded the song for you. You give it to a girl. So all she did was change the verses. So if I say me, she said her right, yes, So she just changed like the pronouns okay, you know what I mean? Yeah? And then someone someone leaked the original song when when she was saying, oh, Cartail didn't write my part. I wrote my part and she released it. Someone's leaked the original song where I wrote everything. Yeah, that's why Gods and Sons had a problem with her initially. Well, yeah, she cool man like I've done met her in person, though you remember I was in prison them times. Yeah, I told you it's a prison membo. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't because you recorded that feature for I recorded that song in prison.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, and Elvis, who was a producer, gave it to Shancia, so they left my hook and she just sang my verses. Right, how did that? Did you? What did that vexin? No? I wasn't vexed, and I wasn't happy. It was just like, yo, I need my money. I need Yeah, So I wasn't angry or sad. I was unpaid. Yeah, so that's all I needed. But yeah, big up and she reps anyway she goes. She shout South Cartel too. Yeah to be in her defense, she does. But Spice is the number one big up Spices, Queen of Dansad. Yes, she's been on the show. I need her. Yeah yeah, yeah, definitely reggaear dance hall dance for ever, go ahead.
Speaker 2: You should take a shot for accident. Yeah, a shot. We knew this dance song. Mm hmm, what this one is fire? If you don't say Trump for a Biden. No, we don't want no political ship neither.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Do you keep your visa? Yes, sir, the shots are here.
Speaker 6: Preface this by saying we have some foul friends, right, Yes, I'm the only vegan I te here.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh you're vegan? I tell yes. A little bit. Time to eat shrimp legend allegedly allegedly Jamaican born in Jamaica. No, I was born in New York. My parents from Jamaica. Here Yankee man, here, you're a Yankee basically Yankee. Yeah, yeah, that's a vegan. Do you eat pussy? I'm just second man.
Speaker 7: Because because it is me, so you can't be your feet.
Speaker 1: I said, why No, I'm just saying. I'm just saying, okay, So what happened when you was going to the head, Yeah, you was asking leading that up because the reason why I was give some questions. Yeah, they gave me this question, bro, that's the question. Jerk chicken, the curry chicken. What the hell? That's why they gave you no that's a deep question, man, can't be a shot? You take a shot? Yeah? Yeah, crazy with that. But they gave it to me though, that's the foure part. He gave it. They wanted us to drink what Jamaica? And how are you going to decide between coury chicken and jerk Chicken. I can't do it, mind, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Then I went to a store in Kingston and I seen the Chinese.
Speaker 1: Man. Ye, blood class, you will be a blood. Chinese are the toughest Jamaica.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, okay, the locks or dip set?
Speaker 1: The locks is Jada kiss right? You got to say Jada, but you I don't know Jada. I love Jada. Why does Jada sound like Italian fucking mafia with that voice and that cadence, which is one of the reasons why he is artist soul. Yeah, it's very true. With his lyrics, yes, man, and the sound of his voice. It's crazy man, Yeah, rasip be sound. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, you take the next one, said cares one to slick Rick. I respect that you want to take two for the culture. Ye, that's that fever, man, know that I like it to that he took one for karas one.
Speaker 1: And yeah, man, legends. I'm like, I'm not that young, so you know I grew up on those guys.
Speaker 2: Now they're absolute legends, all right, Jordan or Lebron Jordan's that was easy, l A or Miami, New York.
Speaker 1: I respect, I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm America, New York, Brooklyn, flat bash.
Speaker 1: You gonna take a shot for shot. You don't have to take a shot. I'm gonna take a shot for your shot. Hold on, okay, okay, but that's what I got to take a shot. That's what I got a shot. That's why I got to take It's got to be smart over there. Yeah, y'all not smart with it. He's like one plus one three yes, salo, Yeah, cheers you guys. Man love New York game man. M m, you got the nice one. You know. The gods version of salute is actually tables. That's what we're saying. So I say tables, yeah, because we don't do chairs.
Speaker 2: Okay, tables, get it, chairs, tables.
Speaker 1: I like it. I didn't make that up on the spot.
Speaker 2: I'm going I'm going, like some of your previous guests.
Speaker 1: Analog or digital, and you're talking about the sound to say studio together exactly, that that's fintured sound. It's it's warmer. I mean, if you grew up on digital, you're not going to know the difference, right, But if you grew up old school, you're going to know that the analog has that warmer sound. So what they used to do in Jamaica when the digital sound came out, they used to still running back on the twenty four track after they mixed it, and then they mastered on the twenty.
Speaker 5: Four chick and they still press it on the plates exactly.
Speaker 1: We still do that. Ship Yeah great, Oh no, this is yours? Is the last one? Okay, that's the last one. How many questions are though? Yeah? Is seventy one? Yeah? Fifty ship? Yeah, let me let me add one. Okay, go ahead, go ahead man before they twenty two? Yeah, my pinker, it's not think it's future. Thank you for salmon. No, not Simon, that's Jamaican. It went over your head. No no, no, no, don't worry about.
Speaker 16: Its empty noo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he's asking about one is my brother? One is my son? That's three shots. Give us a mad story though, MATSSS is crazy, man, like I raised him. So when he came up from the country, he was like nine ten years old. Oh wow, So we came to Port Moore, so coming from does imagine you're coming from fucking somewhere in the country and you end up in Brooklyn in nineteen eighty fucking six, right, wow exactly. So he came up and now I mean he held his own he grew up rough just that the rest of us. We actually went to prison together, and he lost his mother while we were in prison. Yeah. Man, I cried man like and like I said, I cried twice in prison when my baby mother's mom died. And when matchs mom died, that ship hit us like hard. Bro. Even my grandmother died when I was in prison, and I didn't feel it because she was an old lady, was like nineties. She had lived her life, she lived her life right right right, Yeah, But when MaTx was mom died and Charlotte's mom, that ship hurt. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The is it true that he created the laughter the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just remember we're a group, you know, and he did. He invented the world boss O World Boss Yeah. So yeah, like I said, I raised those kids. So yeah, when he came out you know, I got in a fat bends and you know what I mean, gave him an apartment because my life is dope. And I said that, right, Yeah, I don't know what I think. Dave Chelle, Yeah, I was watching it, yeah, person, yeah, and I heard Dave Chapelle say it, and I'm like, oh, ship, that's that's that's dope. Yeah, so big up Kanye. I like Kanye too, so this is the last one. Yeah, I like Kanye. It was you and Kanye and then production wise like that would be yeah. Yeah, he's also Yeah, I saw ones play two pianos at once, like some black moz are fucking crazy, Big up, big up Kanye.
Speaker 2: And now he's back up being there, he's on some he's back to being right. You saw about the garments.
Speaker 1: And his wife said, you look, I'm I'm joking. I'm joking.
Speaker 5: I mean I think he might even appreciate that to a degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if he does, I'm not joking. I'm just it's real. Conye is crazy, man, But I guess that's part of being a great artist, right. Yeah, you gotta gotta you gotta be fucked up. I mean, not byby all fucked up, but you weren't ready, I wasn't okay, Yeah, expect your right. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: The last question, last question for Quick Times Love, did we get back into the interview, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Loyalty or respect? Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty. I believe in loyalty because you can respect me. But if you're loyal to me, I know I'm Safeernie. Respect that you're not going to cause some dude he's here Connor robb him and shoot him like they didn't right by day. I mean yeah, I don't know they they don't want us to win exactly to now. Well, Yeah, loyalty, man, Yeah, of course, loyalty. I believe in that, and that's why that's why it was stranger And you asked me that question about Sean's storm. That's one of the most loyal people I've ever met. Oh wow, Yeah, I mean, but Gaza is loyalty though. That's how we roll, you know what I mean. Let's make some noise for that, true, did you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It reminds me of Norway saying left rack Iraq.
Speaker 1: First of all, in Jamaica, kid can tell you Jamaican's a lot of us, especially back in the day We're well read and we watch everything that's happening in the world. So you on a street corner in Jamaica can be called televisions, Mmmm, televis like Israel. Israel in Jamaica have street corners called Mexico, little New amongst yourselves, that Bush. Yeah, that's just the street corner amongst ourselves, not like the official government. So where I come from in the Waterford, you have Boston, you have Flatbush, you have Mexico, and then you have Gaza, you know what I mean. So we got the name literally from the Middle East.
Speaker 5: Is it given because of a reason?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of that struggle man, something that emanated something. That's why a lot of these street corners in Jamaica have those names, nicknames, you know what I mean. So you have Red Square, that's where Sprague Benz is from. You know, Red Square is Russian. You got little London down there, you got Mexico, you got Vietnam. In Seaview, we're bounty killers from Seaview. Mountain View, Yeah, mountain View. That No, those are real names. But on a street corner in Seaview you would see because we graffiti the place, so you would see Vietnam. Yeah, yeah, who lives in tel Aviv. Spragar Bens No, stel Aviv is South Spargo Bens lives in Red Square, which which is, like I said, the unofficial name for the corner, yeah, which is a Russian Yes, Spragar Bends, you know, big big entertaining in Jamaica to see View, mountain View. I've been to see Field, that's your Bountikulus, and I've been you've been to Tiffany. I watched you saying you you went to Tiffany Gardens with none of us. Yeah, I saw that. I saw that. I watched that ship. Bro. Your podcast is beginning. Prison in the streets in Jamaica. Oh, come on, let's listen to what you that's a wrapper as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I ain't gonna lie on man nor Yes, they told me, they said, man.
Speaker 1: Because what what what? Yeah? Had to be going crazy.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, so I didn't know, like Jamaican love, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta be rowdy. Yes, that's it, that's what. Yeah. Yeah, that's why I said. When you said Miami or l A, I said New York right right, goddamn god damn yeah, yeah, yeah, but I love Miami because it has the Jamaican climate, yes, and the palm trees. And we're very Caribbean here. Yeah, yeah, it's very Caribbean. Can I say very Demian mirror?
Speaker 17: I don't know this, so it sounds very mindful. Yeah, moving on, Okay.
Speaker 1: So what is what is it?
Speaker 2: Garnesses Garness, Garness, Garners Garner, like one of the most dangerous hoods.
Speaker 1: Garrison, Garrison, garrison, you know what garrison is. That's like a forder. It's just a real word from Roman military, from the military military. Yeah, Garth, you was locked up. You went to the one of the toughest garrisons though, That's what I was telling you, pick me up, That's that's but but you were locked up.
Speaker 2: There and then that night when he when he came to see you bust around, shot a video there that night.
Speaker 1: This nigga buster, the man came to the fucking prison which is in another garrison called south Side. Okay that's what I was trying to Yeah, okay, and he shot the video outside the prison. I'm in the prison talking to the g on my phone on my cell in my cell like yeah, man, stand up there. So I gonna send two men called link her. So I'm telling him, I'm gonna send two dogs to come link and make sure he's safe. And yeah, it was crazy man, Yo Buster, Yo Buster, that's my brother, Big Buster. He's never scared man. He represents for Cartel, he represents for Dan Saw. Yeah, so big up, Buster. I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: Not only there, but I remember when you first coming out, and I remember a Buster going on how to deceive and literally tell people vibes, cattail, this is the next man you please, you know, vibe.
Speaker 1: I remember this ship from the beginning. He believes in that man. He trust me, like not only believes in you, he like he loves you or something. Yeah. Right. Family and family yeah yeah yeah man. And we spoke about how you met, right yeah yeah yeah yeah. But once he came to Jamaica, we was like instant because the respect. And you remember he's he's American, so it's both his parents Jamaica. But he was born in Brooklyn, so he's basically you can't tell him he's basically you're born in Brooklyn, Jamaica, even if your parents are from sucking Dubai, Brooklyn, you Jamaican. I'm in Miami. I couldn't get a craving agg. All they had was this Brooklyn craving air sol on in every gas. This is guineas, Yeah, Guineas. That's Jamaica, like our stout dragon stuff, dragon beer. Redistricked. That's not from Irish. Yeah, but it's well, remember Jamaica is a British colony. It's a British colony.
Speaker 2: A cigarette spoke a cigarette, thank you, sir, the.
Speaker 1: Shout cigarette. You you If it's not the producer, you can't say ship which is fucked up, No, which is fucked up because it's not Jamaica. So I don't know it's not Jamaican. No, that's what I said. If I was in Brooklyn, I could have gotten the Jamaican cigarette, which is the craving, A craving air. You smooth the craven agg. Even a comedian said that you have craving Even a comedian said it. The other day. The man was like, oh, they are more Jamaicans in Brooklyn than Jamaica. And he's not lying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's a lot of white people that go to Jamaica. Right now, they're saying that they might be a Puerto Rico without Puerto Ricans in a little while for real, Yeah, Puerto Rico without Puerto Ricans. So that's because they kicking on the perto Ricans out because of.
Speaker 1: The justification justification and.
Speaker 2: Tax purposes because if you live there for yeah, so if you lived there for more than six months or seven months.
Speaker 1: You don't have to pay no US tax. That's crazy because in Jamaica, I think they work out a deal with the Chinese that you don't pay taxes on your business for like five years. So say you're a Chinese guy, right, highly unlikely because you're a dark skick, but just say you're a Chinese guy the Chinese.
Speaker 4: Let me, why do I keep using John?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Anyway you pay, you come to Jamaica, you open a business, Say you get five years what do you call it? Great speriod not to pay taxes. In the fourth year, you you send for your cousin from fucking Beijing the replacement and put him as the CEO of the company. And the company so the company is not paying tax for another five years, and they bring the next one after and then the next after, and.
Speaker 5: That's when you have the craziest Chinese Jamaica's Because.
Speaker 1: Exactly I'm gonna be honest with you. I see I was white. You know this is just a fake bumba clad that's not how we say.
Speaker 2: That was a construction site in Jamaica and then they had nothing but Chinese workers coming out, and Jamaican guy was like, yo, man, look they won't hire us.
Speaker 1: And so my thing is this, Okay, I have no problem with Chinese nationalism. The problem I have is with the lack of black people's nationalism. But we're not going to go that the string champs. Yeah, we're not going back to me that. Yes, they can do better, better, they can do better. We already spoke. He's just said the government can do better. You don't want me to go back to Jamaica government, No, but me and the government good. They dreating good. Like like I said, I came out. I changed up my whole thing and I'm good. That's why I'm here now in Americas. The change that's man.
Speaker 2: And we know you're about to get married, but before that, let's talk about short boss. Yeah sh shot yeah two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my baby mom. I've been to there since before I got famous and rich. But I mean, like I said, you see, prison is dangerous because you know, when you go to prison, ship gets weird. And I'm like, I said, she held it for years and then she couldn't hold it anymore. You're talking about your baby mom. Yeah, obviously, well we're talking about him. She she got caught slacking then. Yeah, but I still respect her still because I understand human beings. Think about human nature. Okay, think about it. Your woman is in prison, one year goes by. You know, let's not use you. You look like you what a woman? This woman is like this should look like by the house. But yeah, but it's true.
Speaker 4: Think about it.
Speaker 1: People that love me like she I'm sure she loved me because she wrote it me. Even when she was slacking, I could still jump on my phone in prison. Surely go to the bank, shorty, make sure the lawyer gets that pay this bill, give this person money. And she was there right through. But come on, I mean, prison for fucking thirty years. What do you expect her to do? Like save the pussy. It's not a hedge funt, you know. But yeah, yeah, but I forgave her immediately because I understand. But I just had to move on, right, that's what That's right, that makes sense. I'm big up to them. She's actually hire. No, she's in Lauderdale because I left her in lawd of that. Okay, yeah, that's sort of mature of you too. She gave me three sons, Come on, big up shot. I love she made me cry.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, man, And that's what people love about me because I just speak my truth and when I'm living music that I only live once. Man. So how you found my other baby mother? My life is crazy? Seriously, My other baby mother told me you're fucking hyping up shorty. She fucking some guy like literally, no, I didn't you know? Matter are idiots? Cloud. I'm like, you know, that's what I'm saying. Well, yeah, yeah, she gave me my sons. They do music to live the music. And the other baby mom that told me the snitch, but she gave me a nice stot. But yeah, I mean, well, I'm just living, man, and I take the good, the bad, the ugly. Yeah. Man, it's what everybody who was on watch right, Like, you know, from the outside looking in, it looks like you never cracked. It looked like you never know. While I was in prison, No, like I said, I cried twice honestly when Shorty her mom died because Shorty's short boss when her mom died, because she was at every every court, every time I was in court, she was there, even when I told her, don't come still show still there, bro Bro. I cried like a bitch man when she died. And also when Match's mom died, because those women are like, she's in the community. You know you know what I meantriarch. Yeah, yeah, the matriarchs even even daper slices mom. Jamaica runs even those days when we was not behaving ourselves and when the cops came like that was mom was naked. Like you're like, they're in a sense, fuck like leave the community. Like Jamaica is another beast man. Yeah, it's crazy. So and the women they represent for us, all right, yeah so the black women. Yeah, man is what it is. No one smokes. I've never seen someone. No, I think, well, it's a different beast man. Well he's my favorite comedian.
Speaker 4: Yeah we were.
Speaker 1: You were in a fucking Yeah. I watched that he was star Yeah and that that's both death. Yeah, your most he's like a sizzler, a bunch of bank How he raps he's like like he's deep, very without trying, without trying, like it's very not. That was a good interview though, with with most death Dave Chappelle and Talib.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you know he didn't like Kanye was breaking about his hat.
Speaker 1: Oh Talib, Yeah yeah, he seems like he's a funked up guy. Well this music is amazing, yeah man, yea. Even Dave said it, like this thing is fucking yeah about He's like Jordan. I was watching an interview with Chamellionaire the first time he met Jordan's and Jordan he was like, Jordan, can I take a picture? And Jordan's that nigga you got money or some ship? Yeah. The stories about Jordan's he you know the funny story about about him. I think it was Jada Kiss was saying he was everyone and was like, yo is this like he picked up, like is this dude with you? And Jada was like, nah, you know he has that resk Like.
Speaker 4: Nah, I know that nigga.
Speaker 1: He said, you went back to the I was like, you reworking, bro. I never know.
Speaker 18: That's crazy man, you he's an ja Yeah man, yeah, yeah, that's crazy man. Yeah, So shout out Nor, shout outa.
Speaker 1: He spoke to him, Jaya, Yes, while I was in the National Stadium in Jamaica. Why someone put him on FaceTime Wow and we was talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because I'm just being honest.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: When you say you're the world boss, it means it, man, it means it. I mean, like you said earlier, you said the people who named you that.
Speaker 1: Yes. I like.
Speaker 2: The thing about it is, you know everyone in here, it's every nationality and this goddamnit, yes man, because everybody wanted to be here to make sure we give you your flowers because you deserve this.
Speaker 1: You are the world Boss. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that, and we're so happy, Like you know, it's so inspiration for a person, you know, from the hood that can maybe make it wrong turn, take that turn and then come home and then re established. Like I didn't hear you complain, No, no, I didn't hear you.
Speaker 1: No bitterness. I hate you home, went straight back. And it's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, like to see what you're doing, to see how people are following you.
Speaker 1: And it's real. It's like you don't even have to you don't have to claim your thrown no no, no no, no, people claim it for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you sir.
Speaker 1: And that's that's what's crazy about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But there's anything you will I know you say you don't have no regrets, but there's anything you thought you could do better.
Speaker 1: What was one of those things? Watch short Boss Pussy Moore. I should have put the dudes on her, like driving eyes, like undercover fucking agent to watch the pussys. That's time and I'm gonna be honest. When I met see them, that's my current fiance. It was twenty fifteen, twenty fifth Yeah, I met while us in jail, Yeah, in Oka. And at that time, me and Shurety was going through a lot because remember I'm in prison, I'm fighting graves disease. Even now I have it. That's why I wear my shades because sometimes like even now we're smoking, my eyes will irritate me. My eyes will get swollen. Yeah, straight up, because we're human, you know what I mean. And Shorty Sidem was there for me, and like I said, I understand Shorty's perspective. Think about this, you're in prison. Two years, I'm going to hold it. And she did three years, four years, five years, six seven Roh eight Nigga nine Dog ten come on, man, So that's for me, Like, I'm a realist. And what was you originally sentenced to? How many years? Thirty fucking five? Man? It was like, yeah, thirty five before parole. So I would have if things went out they want, I would still be in prison. So, like I said, and Sidem was there for me. She was We spoke on the whole night of the night, days on days she was there. And in Jamaica, when someone represents for you while you're in prison, you don't forget that you're going to hell. So but my thing is this, I understand people, which is one of the things that has made me be a great artist. I understand people, human nature. So I could never be angry with my baby mom. I love her, still respect her because she raised my kids and based on the person that I was, a lot of people would expect my children to be gangsters in the streets, shooting guns whatever whatever. She held them down. None of my sons. Like I said, I was in prison with Mavada's son, who is my son's best friend. A lot of people don't know that. So even when me and Mavada was at it fighting, the whole Jamaica was divided like his son and my son were crazy. I'm telling you, bro. Even when I was in prison, Madams like, yo, say hi to Jahim for me. Yeah. So yeah, big old, big old Movada's son. Enough respect, enough love to the Gully God. Yeah man, it's yeah free. I want to talk about that.
Speaker 6: I want to talk about that period because I feel like we just breathed period.
Speaker 1: That's a monthly thing for time. I want to talk about that time. We just breezed over it. So that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like that, yeah, Gaza versus Gully. You know, it got so serious where the government had to The government stepped in. They weren't giving us permise to do concerts. They shut that ship down.
Speaker 1: They were like, bro, but funny enough, when Mavado and I were at the the King's House, which is where the government is. So we were there and they were like, yo, you need to shut this down. Let the kids know, because the kids took it very serious. Like he is small Tupac two point zero in Jamaica. I'm not even joking. I remember you know that he knows that. And the government was like, bro, we will shut you guys down. Stop talking about But them times when they took a break in the meeting and me and my father was in the government building and we were like, yo, look where music brought us. And that's when we had a moment and it was like, yo, we need to fix this. And we did it. For a few months. The war started again. Why black people and we have ego and we come from blocking and now we're rich, so you know, you know what black man and his ego. Of course we have something to prove. Well, yeah, man, And we did the fighting again round two. The government came in. They did us, I mean they shut down everything. And then does us tiffany y Yeah, he was like, yo, let me speak to you guys. And we did the meeting and it was like yo, for real, man, we need to chill. When does us come soon? Right? Yeah? He got arrested in twenty ten, become there. It was a big thing in Jamaica. A lot of people died and oh yeah yeah, yeah, a lot of people coming home soon. Right, Yes, he should be. I don't know when, but yeah, yeah, I thought they had It's crazy man, that Dan Saul is. The people in Jamaica, they love them, so they take music serious. Yeah, which is good because That's why if you're a star in Jamaica, you're a star forever. You have no expiration date. That's how much you look. You revered right right, Yes, you're revered like this worship like next to Jesus. You know what I mean, what was it like?
Speaker 2: If you're a star in Jamaica, you're a star all over the world. That's because I just being honest, as your cousin, I see the influence that Jamaica has around the world, around the world, not just as entertainers.
Speaker 1: Remember Mark, Marcus Gary, he told the entire Latin America that's why we begin Panama, we begin Latin America. Costa Rica Venezuela is from Jamaica. He's Jamaican. He's not from Jamaica, but yeah, but yeah, he has this Jamaican heritage because remember, like I said, funny enough, Marcus Garvey, you know who was his right hand man, Elijah Muhammad. You used to run the Detroit office of the U n I A for Marcus. Really, no joke, I kid you not. That's crazy. I'm telling you. Jamaican have always had that influence in America with our customs to African America. You've always had that influence, you know what I mean. So, and like I said, uh, the Honorable Elijah Muhammad was Marcus Larv's point man in Detroit.
Speaker 5: And for people that don't know, that's the founder of the Nation of Islam exactly.
Speaker 1: Malcolm Xu's father was Marcus darvis right hand man. You know, they tied into a train track and let the training. Yes, it's crazy man, Yeah, how can you remember you weren't there? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Malcolm Mexican Autobiography, yeh, that's where I read.
Speaker 1: Look, Yes, look At, look At. You can tell that there's influenced by Yeah, it's literally by Look malcome xt the Pose, which is the album Bob Marley did Disposed as well. So I'm sure he was into because Bob Marley sang a lot of Marcus Larvae philosophies, put it to music, and he puts high the speech that he made at this philosophy the United Nations sometimes it wasn't called the United Nations, it was called I don't remember United Nas, United Niggas. So Bob Marley. That's that's why Bob Marley so powerful, because you know he's mixed. Is that is why why it's glad we had to navigate through that racial tension back in the day when in the seventies, in Jamaica sixties, if you were light skinned, you were kind of frowned upon. Yeah, so man, we love Bob though like our generation respect Bob. He represented for Marcus Larvey, he represented for Selassie. I highly Selassie. Yeah, even when I was in La like ef the Opians, they came to the hotel contact we love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let me ask you access to Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: Oh represent big up Chris Brown. He won fucking yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My favorite song on the album is Residual. So who said yes I knew? Yes, yeah, big up Chris Brown. Man. Yeah, so ask Chris Brown, why do I not have a drink?
Speaker 2: And come on, come on, you slacking?
Speaker 1: You know brownie light skin girls in Jamaica we call them brown and famous. When he did Brownie Broom, the whole Jamaica wanted to fucking there was like and then he did black Women, a song called black Woman, remember you know stop Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, so that's it. It's crazy bro dying. Saw you set the trend? Yes, and we we we navigate the culture. Yes, so big big up legend them, okay.
Speaker 2: Before I get into this, right yeah. Now the second festival, yes, Freedom Street, Yeah, oh ship you said London, right, Okay, let's forward to the third to the third one. Yes, let's say it's in Miami. Yeah, who would you put book on that?
Speaker 1: Freedom caught up black?
Speaker 4: And he's Caribbean as well.
Speaker 1: Locations in Jamaica and Haitians have always been because Caribbean the most powerful countries in the Caribbean. Jamaica, HEDI Trinidad, remember Haitian Black Yeah, New York Okay, So yeah, Jack, it's sorry, it's the Fuckingian Jack right, yes, sir. Yeah. And the culture is really in the Caribbean man, and we share the love. Yes, I was in Trinidad the other day. I was launching the Straight Vibes. So we launched in Trinidad, Guyana, Barbados, Saint Lucia and I'm doing the same kids music festival, so we launching it there.
Speaker 2: If you heard that's when you when you came home at first we heard you was in Saint Kits.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, St. Vincent Us. I want to visit the Prime Minister. He sent from his private chess everything right now, yeah, yeah, I am. I am I'm starting Jackie because he does his own stunts, right. Because so, yeah, we went to Saint Vincent, met the Prime minister. He calls himself world Boss, the the Prime Minister of Saint Vincent. Fucking fun fact, I got a call from the Prime Minister of Guyana. He was like cartel me and you is the world bar not that guy. Yeah, because that's how that's that's what that's what I'm saying. It's like the unity among among the Caribbean islands. It's like Japan, you know, they have like a million islands, but they're still Japanese. Like okay now when I was okay, now a supporter, you know what I mean. So that's how the Caribbean is. We have that unity, you know, the calypso the danceau at least some of the English speaking couray Man bring Cuban in there, bro we need That's why I said. You notice, that's why I said English. The Cubans and Jamaicans are still.
Speaker 5: There's a part of Cuba that there's a lot of Jamaicans.
Speaker 1: Nine out of ten doctors in Jamaica Cuba. Yeah, because you know they do good medicine, right, Yeah, because they get it from the Soviets. Well not Soviet now, because that ship is all US Russian, remember us SR Right, yeah, Reagan fuck that ship up. Do you eat doubles? Doubles? I love doubles. Doubles is like fucking no, seriously, doubles in Trinidad. It's like jerk chicken in Jamaica. That's why when you said jerk chicken or coury chicken, I had to take the shot. Right. Oh, I like that girl? Is she? Oh no, we lime in. She knows you real, pretty gal. That's my best triming impression ship. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we lime in dread. I know, dream chimps. You fuck with doubles? What's your favorite version of doubles? My favorite version of doubles is the one that that dude don't like. But seriously though, well yeah, like when I've been to Barbados, I had shark, yeah, bacon shark. Yeah. In Jamaica we have crocodiles. You can eat the crocodile tail. Never had that. This is Florida. I'm sure you guys you don't eat I tell you, yeah, how the crocodile. That's racist, that's that's preggator. That's here you. Yeah, but yeah, that's how we do it. Yeah, I mean s yeah, yeah, I know, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So can you explain to people that listen to this, listen to the reggae music and listen to the dancehold music and listen to the culture. You can love reggae, you can love dancehol You don't have to.
Speaker 1: Be a ra no no, okay, oh no. Even Morgan heritage they had a big song in Jamaica. You don't have to dread be rasta because remember this is the dreads. I mean, this is fucking fake, but it's it's human here. I got this from my brothers in Africa. I don't know who died and oh my god, yeah yeah yeah. But reggae music is a for Jamaica's so is dansall because remember, like I said, Dan Saull came out in the seventies, seventy four, seventy five, seventy six. I was born in seventy six, so I'm a product of Dan Saul And also the Cold War because remember the US A sorry say, they had that thing and that's what honestly brought that level of violence to Jamaica and changed the culture and then when the violence came, you needed an art for him to express it. And that's how the Dan Shaul was burned. Who were those first early dance artists in the seventies, King Stitch, Bigyud which big youth son is the lawyer that got me free?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, he's one.
Speaker 1: Of the first DJs. Wow, and his son freed the number one DJ or isat Mechanic right. Think about that, that's crazy. The appeal and when he was in law school, he was telling his friends that I'm gonna free fives cartel and he actually did, actually did. What what is it? The l what is it? The T j P, j l P and the P and P and the j l P is the political.
Speaker 4: Which the Labor Party. They were conservative minigans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were conservatives.
Speaker 19: They were recon at the time.
Speaker 5: So you have you have basically like Russia's camp and pn P.
Speaker 1: Basically that's why P and P even to this day we called they called themselves socialists.
Speaker 5: Right, that's why you're saying started Yeah from the.
Speaker 1: Cold War, remember just like the Nicarago with the contrast the Sandinist underneath us Sandonist. So it was that proxy were all over the place happened in Congo to with with Lomba happened in Kenya with So it's that they like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know the teacher man, I am, you know teaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my program. I saw the people love me because they they know they believe in me because I'm not going to bullshit them. I keep it real and I seen my truth since I grew up in Jamaica. My truth is Jamaica's truth. It is what it is. So let me actually write for Jamaica. I'll give it right back to you.
Speaker 2: Ros right, So let me ask you when when when Esketball was locked up? Right, they said that like one night every two or three months, he would come out, he would do something.
Speaker 1: Yes, within your thirteen years, I've got lots of oh damn.
Speaker 4: There, right, question.
Speaker 2: If you had like how Essketball did he came out one night every two months? If you ever had one night about yeah problem, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to ask you what I As a matter of fact, remember you said Vibe Cartell was the group where you think you got the cartel. Yeah, yes, from escob Cali Calie Cartel. Yes. Yeah. So if you like with every two months.
Speaker 2: If you can come out and do one thing, but in your thirteen year bid, what was that one thing you would do?
Speaker 1: My kids? Man, damn, that's the thanks to my kid post wasn't the problem. I don't know if I can say this now you can say you can Yeah that sound free? Yeah right, double jeopardy. You can't take you back. So yeah, pushy wasn't a problem. Pushy was Oh god, no, not all the time, but yeah, yeah, ver y, yeah exactly. But yeah, man, that's the only thing because remember in Jamaican prisoners, if it's not family Day, you're u and can't come and see you Oh wow, because if you if you're not eighteen years old, you can't come to visit me on a regular day. They have things that they keep on family Day, which is like in Christmas, you know what I mean, you need to see your kids Easter. Yeah, so we got like to twice a year. I got to sell my see my kids. Wow. Yeah, so that's crazy. But like women whatever, that's but that wasn't on the top of my to do list. My to do list was to raise my fucking kids, even from behind even from behind bars. And that's why I say to you. My baby mom, like shorty, I give her her props. She did made sure even though I was who I was, my kids didn't emulate my lifestyle. You know what I mean. My daughter like she wants to be a dog because she's Yeah, she's doing well in school and so on. So that's what I respect about my baby mother's. They weren't just they put in the world respect. Yeah, I got it. How many kids total that I got, like seven? Seven? I have to in Brooklyn, you know, in flat Bush. That's what I'm saying. That's why when you said Miami or I said New York, I got My children are in Flatbush. I've got two sons in flat Bush right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, blood.
Speaker 1: Forever. You know, Brooklyn is Little's Jamaica. Even though you're a queen's nigga block you fifty Nikki Love. Come on, come on, that's it. That's it man. Yeah, I know. You say you don't regret nine, and I can't because I'm still alive at for nine years old. What the fuck is there to regret? Come on, man, I came out a person Freedom Street. I kept Freedom Street with this white guy from Jamaica is called Joe Bogdanovich. He's not from Jenaicas, so obviously it's from California, which is Scatter, my other road manager. He's a yeah, so we were yeah, but we planned Freedom Street from behind bars. That's how confident I was that I was coming out my fiance see them. I sent for her in twenty twenty two. I was like, I'm living in Jamaica. She's from English. She was like, oh my god, I don't know girl. Richie fuck Richards fuck. So she came. I got her apartment, got her arrange over, gave her some money, opened her bank account, and she came because, like I said, I've known her since twenty fifteen. So she came to Jamaica. Yeah. Yeah, and she's been here ever since. She's with me. Now she's in Lauderdale, right, Yeah, yeah, she was there and this is all I know. She was real. Even when I came out and I started posting her more often. Her friends from England was like, Yo, the high school see them would be proud of you because since she was in high school, she was like, oh god, I'm gonna marry Vibe Cartel. Oh bro, I'm serious. He's like a fucking a Netfeix fucking series. Right, have a girl again? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well one burner in Jamaica. One burner.
Speaker 1: It's kind of derogatory because that means you only have one woman, and in Jamaica that's fucking frowned upon. Yeah, like what the fuck you're doing? Yeah, so big up seem She was like, well looked hard for me. Yes, when you left.
Speaker 2: Your kids was in single digits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I left prison, they was children. When I came out, they gave me grandchildren. You're writing my interview, Yes, crazy, congratulations grandchildren? Yeah, set my daughter because you know I would slapped the ship out of her. I'm joking. It's alcohol.
Speaker 5: He's like, funny, not funny, not funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's a genius though she like she's an A grade student. She's like a head girl of prefect whatever. She wants to be a doctor, So I told her she needs to invent something better than viagra.
Speaker 4: Right, I wasn't. So how did the chepherd smile it?
Speaker 1: How does it feel to be your grandfather? How liquory?
Speaker 4: How feel?
Speaker 2: Because they were single digits and they got double dish and they gave you, How did it feel when they told.
Speaker 1: You you're gonna be your grandfather. It was amazing. I wasn't in prison at the time, so I've never seen my grandson. So when they kept the family day, which is when you can bring your family there, So they came and my grandson he met me, he was like, yeah, I don't know you nigga. You know what I mean, crying, and Ship gave him a piece of chicken. He took the chicken. Yeah, I still don't know your nigga. Well, it was crange. So when I came out, he like, that's when he started embracing me because he saw how his dad, his mom and everybody that he knew embraced me. So it was like, oh, fucking man, Yeah, this nigga is fucking gray beards and yeah. Yeah. So and then my son gave me a granddaughter. Oh, then my other son gave me another granddaughter. Yeah, you three grand I got three grand children from my two sons. I got one. Oh, but you're America, don't don't you know? He's America's different. Just it's crazy. So yeah, I got to big them up.
Speaker 9: Goddamn Yeah, crazy little bro. I like drinks, shamp not just for the drinks. Ship, Yeah, Drink Drink.
Speaker 1: Champ is everything I thought it would because, like I said, I was in prison watching everything. I watched the Neil in the Bush if you did the Bean Mane, I watched all of that like that and not just me at the entire prison. Yes, you watched Black No, I respect him. You call the black is like I said, he's Asian. He's fucking crazy. That's the Caribbean breeze. I think something is in the wind makes us fucking crazy. Bro, Cardi B. You write Cardi B to your wedding? Yes, yes, I would love her to be who else you wanted to perform at your wedding? But abant and I told you that he is my number one.
Speaker 2: Artists and spoken and since you've been out, yeah, but but we haven't met up really, No, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: I met bond te Killer when he was at fucking Freedom Street. That's the first time I saw him since I came up. Remember this guy made me. Yeah that's that's what Killer said. Here's the kid down. Yeah yeah, yes, yeah, But like that Bounty, I'm the king of dan Saw, but Bounty is the king of artists. Think about it. This man met so many people. If you know the Bible. He's like Abraham because remember Abraham created the beginning Islam. Andrews that's what they call Yeah, think about it. That's yeah, Bountikill his father Abraham.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, bro, Yo, you know what.
Speaker 4: Give me the class for question? Bounty, I'm telling.
Speaker 1: You so being the man, bigger, theself beloved, your catmember, Like I can't lie, I'd rather not say ship. So, like I said, Bounty, being a bog Ninjaman cartel. That's the top five for me. I love, that's the top for me and me. Why would I least be out Big up my manager TJ. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and Scat that's my road manager. But with TJ, we call him the grnch. And this is why. No, he steals happiness, which is good because remember you know, we're artists. If you leave us unattended, we funck ourselves up. So that's why he's the balance, you know what I mean? So big up t J. He's the grinch, Like, yeah, yeah, we got to give him props. He keeps me grounded, he keeps me focused, and he keeps me in check. The eye on the prize, yeah, the eye on the prize. But he's not sit there. Fuck you.
Speaker 4: Nigga's my bro.
Speaker 1: That's why we finished this interview.
Speaker 2: I want to play your record because I need on the record.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta take another shot if you don't have to take it one.
Speaker 1: No, I just want to take some more this fever. I want to take some more of this fever has to fucking what this hey look look on supported by a feminist. Yes, yes, yes, but let me just send you something.
Speaker 4: I've cheered you like five times.
Speaker 1: The Champagne is at the same height, keeps feeling that's so much dreams Champage. That's what she's very fucking I like her. She's she's the official. Yeah yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know you're huge in Jamaica.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know Jamaica.
Speaker 4: You need to come to Jamaica.
Speaker 1: I'm coming. I was not not not Montego Bay should do this this with you. I know, I know, I know you think so that we was going to see you, and then the next twenty minutes they said, but we were all our way to see you was in Montgo Bay. But it's a tourist part. We have the streets. We was ready to love, you know. But that's what I'm saying Kingston and Montego Bay is one and the same. It's just like New York l A, No, you're ready to go. It's like Brooklyn. We was Compton. The hood is everywhere before the fucking TJ. Yeah when the white gentrification t J. Can you sit over there, because he've been looking for you for ye yeah, yeah. Right in Jamaica. The number one meme in Jamaica is ats TJ. Because everything I say, I'm like, that's the number one memes Jamaica right now. But he's my manager, yes, yeah, and this is why I see. My first manager was the guy that introduced me to Bounty Killer. Remember I was telling you so that drove you to them? Yeah? Ok, and he was your manager then after Yeah, he's old fucking n Nissan Okay, and I do the American pronunciation. Nissan was Nissan your blood. So I partied wasted him in twenty twenty, two thousand and four, and I've been my own manager since. So everything I've done and then all the greatness, all the dyanceaung greatness, I did it by myself. When I came out, I made him my manager because I've known him since he was in high school. I gotta tell you, in Jamaica, you have the ghetto at a hardcore fire and then you have the up. We call it uptown. Uptown in Jamaica means you grew up privileged. That my children, Okay, I grew up privilege because I started making money. Well, I'm from the ghetto. He grew up privilege. So his father is from the ghetto, made sure his children grew up good, right right fire. Yeah, So when I met him, he was just out of high school and he kept he had a big annual event called orientation. So you know that's about school orientation, right. It's a school party dance where you dressed up in your school uniform if you went to fucking whatever yet. So my nickname was the Teacher and that's how I met him. So and he was like, yo, I'm keeping a party. I want the teacher to pass through because it's called Orientation. Then he started producing. I gave him his first record. He got Idonia, which is also a big artist in Jamaica, and then he became a famous producer. Yeah, exactly, Skata, which is my road manager. He's actually here as well. He introduced me to Idoni. So and then we get, We showed the love, give the respect, because Bro Bounty Killer made me fucking rich, so I don't have a problem to pay forward, right, BUNTI Killer made me be able to take care of my family, move them out the ghetto, put them in some fucking mansions, So then we pay forward. So Scatter brought me to Idonia. I brought Idonia to Bounty Killer, and the rest is history, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when's the last time you spoke to America?
Speaker 1: Blood? I haven't you rolled this? Should I smoke you down if you fucked me up? American embassy in Jamaica. No, but you're American, so my ship is legal to make him get Boris boris is. So basically, you're telling me that this is only tobacco. Okay, thank you, it's only tobaccos tonight. It's only tobacco. Yes, and you know how slavery was tobacco is king. Yes. Disclaimer. If you're not black, you can't say nigger your vibes. I want to exclaimer. I want to, you know, commend you because I see when you first came home, when you're battling graves disease. Yeah, and now you did the show and you're looking amazing, You're feeling great. Yeah, who could you contribute that to? No. First of all, that's an amazing question because in the black community, speaking on illness is like taboo, right, because we had we had to be strong, especially mental illness, right. And I spoke on that the other day. But that's a good question. While I was in prison, I was diagnosed with Graves disease in twenty fourteen. Can you explain what it is for people? Graves disease is the autoimmune disease. It affects your particular pituary glands. And I said, surely because I'm drunk. But I would say this though, Jamaicans, you know this statement time drunk? What time? The fool? So Grave disease. It's an autoimmune FIRAID disease that affects your it. It makes you sweat a lot, it makes you your heart palp delicate, it makes your eyes swollen. That's why I keep wearing my shape. Well, I used to wear my shades because I learned from boundary kills. But it's very dangerous. Remember I was in prison, I was battling Graves disease. I was I had to balance my career. I had to keep my family in check, I had to keep my relationship in check. I had to be producing music. So anyone that has Graves disease, I think Missy Elliott's had it too, Okay, oh yeah, yeah, we're human, bro, And a lot of people think because you are artists, wo are superhuman, which we are, but we still get affected. So I just want people to know that whatever illness you have, but it's Graves disease, or it's cancer with it's HIV, whatever, don't be afraid to embrace it and live your life because you only have one. I think Earth gott Et passed away Earth before. That's young bro. Yeah, and this is sort of the millennials, the gen Z. When I was like fourteen fifteen, back in the day, I thought that fifty years old was old, right Bro, I'm forty nine. I feel as young at forty nine years Well, I feel as young as ever, right. Yeah. All you need to do is take care of yourself, eat properly, drink plenty water, have sex a lot, then you'll be I it is what it is. But yeah, but like I said, man having an illness shouldn't be taboo. Those were humans we live, we die. So if you're sick, whether it's a mental problem, talk to someone, right. If I did a video the other day about mental health, that's huge, man, Yeah, because a lot of us, especially the ones that joy to people, are the ones that's suffering the most. Because I'm looking at Norriy. You bring joy to me because I grew up listening to you. Even though you're not older than me, but you get you play an important role in a specific part of my life.
Speaker 4: You understand does not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but we're still human, right, vulnerable and if you if you're vulnerable, don't be afraid to speak to people because that's a lot. That's one of the problems with the African American and the Africa Caribbean community because it's the move. Yeah, we feel like we've got to be shot all the time. No, you can be vulnerable. You can talk to your mother, you can talk to your girlfriend. But then then why do you love her? Bro? Why do you love her and spend money on her and put her in your fucking house? But you're afraid to talk to your woman?
Speaker 20: Bro?
Speaker 1: It's real, you know what I mean? Taking a shot to that, Yeah, bro, ship listens.
Speaker 19: But yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh oh the shot empresses here. Yes, that's your new nickname. Brohut, that's real. Like I said, I sing my truth. That's why I mentioned even graves disease in my song because, like I said, bid it inflames your body. That's why when I came out, you don't have that inflammation in my face, my stomach. But Bro, we're human beings. I have no shame in my game. Man, Like I speak my truth, it is what it is. Black people and black people take fucking certain illnesses as taboo. We're afraid to talk about it because we were raised to be talking. Oh you're a strong black woman. Why can't you be a femine in black women and talk to your man? M hmm, talk to your friend? Why you have to be a g like all the time, I can't talk to FN, a black FN. My dick isn't working properly. No no, no, no, no no, no, this is serious, this is serious. I'm not twenty nine, I'm forty nine. Why can't I come to you, feel my Brison? Why trying I come to you? Like, Bro, I'm having problems with my wife because we have issues surrounding sex. I can only pop off once per night. Why can't I talk to your ownership? And and you made me feel comfortable talking about it's just what AAA is. Triple A is right, Hi, I'm vibe scar Tel, I'm an alcoholic or I'm vibe scar Tell, I'm a whatever. Once black people get expec us as black people based on our historical trauma, we're supposed to be able to speak to one another. Bro, Come on, man, it's we only leave once. Bro. Everybody is dead. Yeah, yeah, that's a piece of he's not broke, he's rich, but he's dead. Michael Jackson is dead. You can't take the weakness yet. We we as black people, we need to be able to speak to each other, if you're right, And I learned this while in prison, because anyone in Jamaica can tell you. Before in prison, I was a fucking devil. But growth matulready taught me a lot of things. We need each other. That's why they make these groups and these a A and group therapy is good because you're going through something that I'm going through. So you have questions and I have questions. Maybe you have the answer for some questions. Oh why did she cheat on me? I did everything right, you can maybe impart some knowledge onto why because you've been there before me, right, so you figured it out before. It's bro, we living man one hundred years some now we're gone, you know what I mean. That's that's the mindset I have now. No ready, hold woman before you get to that. Yeah, man, that's drink oh ship, that's the mindset I have now.
Speaker 15: Bro respects Yeah, man, yeah, it's not that.
Speaker 1: What's look I hooked them up. Man. What what was the feeling when they said you live in the jail, man, how was that feeling getting? I'm from the ghetto, so you can't hide me up. So when the lawyer said to me you're free, I was in prison. I was in my cell talking on myself. And when no, seriously and when Alexandra labich Is, I said, right hand, she said to me, I'm free, but I've been in prison thirteen years. I didn't want to hear from you, with all due respect, I wanted to hear from eye sights. Yeah, because he's the one that I'm paying, right. And when he called me and said I was free, bro, man, not on the front tears, Bro, I fucking cried, Oh fuck you if you think that's bitch. I'm gonna answer what, bro, No, you can't show I'm tough enough. Man, That's right.
Speaker 4: Anyone that knows me and Jamaica knows that I'm not no fool.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm in because you know, look, you know, I tried to play it off so cute, yo, lory. I tried to play it off, but hes man, because think about it. I couldn't cry while I was in prison. I had to take care of my family, by parents, my children, a lot of people around me, plus the guys that I was charged with, So I had no time to be weak because all of them was coming to me. Oh Jesus Chris, when are you coming out? Yeah? What I mean? So I had to be shown for everyone. There is even a meme in Jamaica where I say as TJ because when he used to call me like, well, think about this, I'm in prison, yeah, sending money to my back, to Western Union, to people in America, to people in England. Look, that's my responsibility and I had to do it. People were dying around me. We were fucking in prison, losing money money, but yeah, man, like I have, I was fighting for my freedom, for my life, for my health, right to keep my family, to keep my woman from giving away the pussy. That's a serious no, bro, that's serious man. She's actually moved on. No, I don't know. Yeah, I moved on. Take care of her, Okay, I say, take care of all my baby I'm a Jamaican. You're either a fucking asshole or you're a good person. There's no in the middle. Listen, you're either a fucking pussy or you're a real one. That's what Jamaica vibes vibes on some New York ship. How how does Sadam feel about you taking care of all the baby moms? Well, initially she was not cool, but when I explained it to her and she saw the predicament my family was because remember, you know, I'm the breadwinner. I made the million. We're talking about us now, I made the millions. Why would I want to see my baby mam suffer? Even though when I was in prison going through the worst time of my life, she let me do. But it's human nature. If you don't believe in forgiveness, you're a fucking bro. You shouldn't need to be alive. Bro. Wow, we made mistakes, Bro, Okay, you all right, you believe in forgiveness, So why why you didn't just stay with her then? Because I'm a man first, and I told her I was there with you. I'm like, I'm coming out, coming out. I lost my trial. She was there, I'm coming out. I lost my Jamaican appeal. She was there. I'm coming out. But before the British appeal could happen, she just gave it. And I can't blame her for that. If she was in prison, I would be fucking which is the first day she had arrested, right, So how can I hate her? Think about this? Man, Think about it, bro Think about this. She had got arrested on the first of January after I brought her fucking things to the first So we got to keep it real. And that's what the problem with a lot of us as black people are. Egos are high, and I get it. We've been through a lot, so we need to prove. You know this, Frank, fucking Tom don't need to prove shape, but Jai Kwan and fucking Omar, I need to prove shit, right because that's how we were raised. We need to prove. I don't need to prove nothing. She gave me three sons bro, so I couldn't violate her. But what Sitdem brought to me was peace right. She made me calm. She made me not feel the need the fucking oh you know what I mean. She made me That's the best thing I met her. Twenty fifteen, July twenty fifth, I'll never forget. And that time I'm saying before that, me and my baby mama was going through a lot. I did an album for short It's literally called to Tunisia because her government is Tannisia. The album is to Tunisia, one of the biggest albums in the Caribbean. Any person from the Caribbean can tell you about that album. Just fucking going there for right now. The cart album calls to Tunisia. Yeah. In lover she nearly madam. I love even now. But Sidem was there. That's why when you asked me the question about loyalty was easy to answer. That doesn't mean that Shorty was disloyal. She was just human, right, she was just human. Ten years, eleven years, he's not coming out, but I'm going to be there for her because she always represented I could call her any hours, three am in the morning, shorty, wake up, take this money here, and she would go, come on, man, Bro, At what point we're going to be man, and be like, Bro, you fucked up? Because she didn't send me to prison. That was me. She didn't send me to prison. Bro. She was calling me come home. We need to fuck her. You get what I'm saying. So she didn't send me. She never called nobody or allies is meeting me? Fuck him? No, I went on my own. So what am I gonna do? Broh And and this is the thing too in Jamaica, a lot of times, like a lot of men in prison, the woman is she don on them. They just send someone to kill her. Oh, and to kill the man. Yeah, it's just it's a really in Jamaica. I'm not even making that up because Jamaica rough. Why would I want to hurt my my children's mother. She made me know that my dick was working because she gave him my first children. Yeah, and even a lot of times even see them, it's like, I think you still love her. I'm like, yes, I love her, but I adore you different, different I do you can have that's real. She made me know that I was a man and I could have get. So I love her and I understand what she went through. Bro. Even people that loved me gave up about in prison thirteen years. Bro, that's your family. You got kidds, but you got thirty three years. Yes, she's like that's life. That's like thirty three years. That's life to everyone else. And maybe you don't get out if.
Speaker 2: Something goes wrong in prison, you might not get that's my problem.
Speaker 19: And she needs the doggy style thing. Human nature, human nature.
Speaker 1: That's human nature. So I can I could not be angry. I understand. I'm grown. I'm grown. I got a rested when I was thirty five, so over the and I learned to appreciate God more and be more spiritual. That's all you see on my forehead. I have loved God. Wow. If you look here, I don't know if you can see it. You see devil Devil that was me back in the day. That's what that's my that was my nickname. Look you see did you feel that you really embodied that? Bro? I was crazy. That's why I got so much trouble. I was fucking wilding out two three a million point zero. So you know, Jamaica is no joke. You don't. You can't come on and say on the track you're a gangster and you're not. You gotta be back in those days, you know what I mean? I like that girl who is you knows what's up. But that's what I'm saying. Like, that's why I never stopped saying God is the greatest. God saved me. No one could save me. I was in prison GP and Jamaica tower Ship. That's a number. In prison. You see guys hang themselves. You see guys you know, steal like that steel thing. You see guys sharp that steel and just push it to the niggas you're dead. Damn that does That doesn't news. That's all Jamaican prisons are. Because I know Americans say they have the toughest prisons. Nigga, you don't, We have the toughest prisons. People die every day. Well, God said bro, because I take care of a lot of people. Because I learned from Bounty Killer, so I pay forward and I prayed. I was like at one point I didn't even pray for TJ. You couldn't tell me nothing about God. I was God. That's how Big Guy was in Germany. I was God. God los like nigga, you're not won't sit down in this fucking dungeon. Wow. Then he gave me that epiphany. Bro Chill, I gave you the blessing given them. There's that I was helping a lot of people like Popcorn, comingly, gods, a slim, etcetera, my parents, Russian, not nice, Jordan, fucking birch, everybody, and God was like, Bro, you need to slow down. If I didn't, that's why I told him no regrets, because if I didn't go to prison, I know I would have been dead. You know what I mean. I got a second chance. I got the second chance, and I won't fuck I'm not How the fuck do I fuck up? Turkey years in prison? Come out? Get my US visa, got my European visa, get my British visa, making these millions us motherfuckert bro and even then, and why why I think I got a second chance, Because even when I was crazy, I still had that love and that respectful people. Because if you good, be good. If you're a gangster, we're not good because maybe you want to hurt me and I'm not going to give you that right, you know what I mean? Yes, So that's why mindset since day one. So I have no problem giving you your props because you can stop me, you know, and I don't want to stop you. Get it. You can stop me, and I don't want to stop you. Because we can both be rich. We can both have a lot of money for every yeah, yeah exactly, we can both drive the rolls roys, and we can both have a million women without even touching one of yours. So that's my mindset since day one, bro, like every man has, Like Bob Marley said, every man, I've all right we decide there. Oh yes, I mean you have your right to decide your destiny. Bro, I can't fuck with yours and you can't fuck with mine. If if it comes a time when that's gonna happen, you go your ways and I go mine, and we're good. You You rish over South Miami, a merchant North Miami. That's it. That's how it goes, man. So I don't. I don't harbor any bad feelings for no human none. I've been through it, man, We've been through the wars, the gangster ship, everything that's forty nine years old. Now, what the fuck you're gonna What can you prove to me? You can't prove nothing to me. I'm from Jamaica, broth Exactly, I'm from Jamaica, and my mind from Jamaican too. Huh. In my mind, I'm from Jamaican too. I'm from you, Tuck get me aut man, I'm telling you, man, big up queens. That's right.
Speaker 6: Getting back to the music a little bit. Yes, what songs of yours do you think change the trajectory of your career?
Speaker 1: The first song was question New Millennium two thousand and two, which changed Danceaul because the song was saying, decided a new millennium, different things are going meaning this is the new millennium, different things going on. That's what it says. So that's one. Tech Body show Me on Me, which is my first song on Billboard in New York. Okay, Then tech Body Girl second song, Yeah wait wait wait wait wait, let me and the Acon and the Shava Rans and the Sis No no if you're this but mag money exactly you know what's something? Then Rumping Shop, then Clark like oh what more man? And then Fever twenty sixteen while I was in the While I was in prison, that song was on rotation in ninety seven on fucking par one o five. How did I mean deal Yu in jail, Bro, I'm on the fucking app watching everything. I popping Champagne in prison. I had a fucking bust down roles. I had a fucking damn cham for crazy, Bro. I had my roles in prison, Ship and Pendan anything more. I loves the stream shambling anything. Yeah, but it's still prison, right, Still prison, write no doubt that can't leave when I want. Yeah, of course, still PRIs Here's what it is. But those songs. When I saw Golden Prison, I had my fucking plaque in my cell like roaches crawling on it, and ship roaches was crawling on my fucking bolt black Bro, that's crazy, I'm telling you scene. Yeah, roaches was crawling on my block and I was like your blood clot areo listen, listen, you need to put your movies together. And that's what I'm saying. What is the Netflix general, That's what I'm saying. Grammy fucked up this year. No disrespect to them, but the story. Come on, I'm coming from prison thirteen years, get my feast. I'm engaged. I'm behaving myself. I saw gold The album that I did was nominated What's Done in Prison should Ha took.
Speaker 4: It's an amazing story.
Speaker 1: Norm It's beautiful. I love it. And what that means said, I want to piss. Yeah, we got one and we got one over there. Yeah, like I'm in that trajectory. Yeah yeah, but just that you, that's you. You need to like give ours the like Sean pa give me the sem Jamaica for sure, right now, Sean Palm. Yeah yeah, yeah, man, said Sean Paulish from up town. That means for the privileged part privilege because in Jamaica we don't have racism classes. But that's for another interview. Passionate about that because I'm from the ghetto and I live uptown and my kids are born and raised uptown, went to the best schools everything, you know how that yes, yeah, so that's a serious topic in Jamaica to classes, colorism, right, skin bleaching all day. I was just going to say that because I remember when you was rehearsing for your show, because I follow you. So you was talking about we're going to do the the car down and the bats cards, yes, where you use the fucking burn up, the fucking melanim Yes, and like you're trying to kill God? Do you I told I regret nothing, okay, because if you win, you either win or learn when you lose this when you die, and we still don't know where you go when you die, even though I'm.
Speaker 5: And what those lessons are from, you know, from life, from your negatives, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I never believe in losses, so I couldn't have regrets. And I've lost people that I love, but I can't regret.
Speaker 6: The reason why I asked that because cooda black and he had he had a songs in super Grim and he said, you know, I know the perk was fake, but I still ate it. But because I was a gremlin perkose in. Yeah, I know you know what I'm saying. So see how deep that it was. And he regretted that to a degree. The influence of that. No, but I understand that. But think about this, I already drank like four bottles of fucking How can I regret it? I can't change it, right, you can't go back. You can't go back. But the only thing I can do from that is like, don't drink from beautiful women.
Speaker 1: I'm giving her props. Come on, Yeah, okay, So if I know. I mean, if I went outside, it was like that, don't drink from beautiful l. That was the l. It's not the loss lesson because once you're alive, it's not a loss. It's a lesson. And if it's a lesson, it's a blessing. If it's a lesson, Bro, I was last year. Some times I was in fucking prison. What the fuck are you talking about? I mean for America and.
Speaker 4: I'm rich, that's right, sure, sure, exactly.
Speaker 1: Just shout to that ship, no, bro, like I said. Even Massacre said it the other day when I was in prison, and I was so much in my positive energy that I've understood it. You know what Massacre said, I'm bigger Massacre. Its aid interviewing too. He's a big artist in Jamaica. He said, nobody can spoil my day. Why would I give you that energy. I just came out of prison, bro, thirteen years. I watched my children. They come from voice to men and not the groups from sucking the group big them up. Yeah you salute in Boston from boss. Yeah, I'm losing Boston. Where's my shot there for Philly? Yeah? I think hello to being wrong? Then that's why your coffee is much empty. I know we're taking shot. Yeah, we're taking shot. Oh he just a shouting there. I know he's a shot that rose. Yeah, but you can't. You can't. You can't. You know history. Maybe have a bad day, you know your history. That's why I'm so big in music. I'm a shooting. I'm a student of the music. You're a student first, before them, before this guy. Not a student, my little brother right, always say you're I'm a student of hip hop. That's what yester. Listen, Yeah enough, I respect you. Yeah, man, you got it. Don't count you gotta when Yeah, big up, big up. It's the Americans.
Speaker 4: Let's suit it again.
Speaker 1: Yes, one of the T shirts. And because he wants a student, cligg up. So I want to ask another question. You brought up massacre. You know, so.
Speaker 6: As far as dance all right now, who would you think is like the top contenders and also like the defending champions of dance all right now?
Speaker 1: Well, massacre is one popcorn. And I'm not just saying that because he's my protesting, but I'm also saying that because he's my protest So I learned from the best guy. You went to Harvard nigga, you fucking qualified. So gonsation is the Harvard Dance all so popcorn from then, I like like the younger kids after popcun like Shama and I'm going to get into that in a minute. So you have the Gamer, the Pablo wait g the Chronicler, Skilly Bang, the jump Jeacque Laani, you know what I mean, the four fifty and you know a lot of people are gonna come at me, especially the guards are fans. But he represents for the culture, the alkaline, right, yeah, the squash, squash, squash, not time, you know what I mean. So for me, the kids, I have to respect them because when I was coming up, I got a lot of flat like, oh it does song like dancer like they're trying to say I'm not dancing. I'm sure I'm something else, right, So we always have to represent for the general because I stand on the on the shoulders of giants, right, I stand on Bounty Killer's shoulder, Busha banter being a man, regardless of what you want to say about it. I'm a student, a fucking dance, A dance all is forever, right. We have a rep for the culture. I'm gonna rep for the vulture for the culture. So big Up being a big up Bonty killer who made me rich, Big Up Buscher Banton, biggest inspiration, Ninjaman my first inspiration, super Cat Jeorg the Wheel, big Eyewod Michigan are smiling. Danny English, he passed away the other day, because you know what I mean, gives him the first Please, he's the first person who told my mom that I'm going to be rich. Then she gave me the key because they used to lock me all that night. So when I went to the stage show at night, I could have go in because my mama he ain't bloodclads, you know, and my dad is like your blood clod, which means also. And then my mom when Danny English said to my mom because he got they have a meme with me and him on the internet with everything I want to confirm, I say at teach me at the party, he was the first person to tell my mother that your son is going to be famous and that that made that brought tears in mother's eyes. So and he died the other day, so please give him around.
Speaker 4: That's the peace.
Speaker 1: As well, because they rolled together and big up eeg now so bro Dan soul for me is everything, nor that I believe in it. It made a lot of us famous, the more and rich Mova cartail bonte be in a bush like Terry James. Even all the guys you asked me questions about why do you think I had to take the drag spraga because I'm not going to pick because all of them older than me influenced me, and the ones that I gave fame, they inspired me. So I could never teaz. Yeah, Scata, that's Scata and I'm going to be I don't know if you guys understand. In Jamaica, we did the Freedom Street Concert the thirty one of December, so that went into the first of January, which is the first day of the year. Him get the first sok yamada for the year, and Jamaica, no hold on Jamaica.
Speaker 4: A sk ya moda is not saying your mother is a war.
Speaker 1: Go suck your mother and look how deep this is. Sketch my, it's my big bra because Sketta was famous when I was fucking hungry, you know how that was. So he's my big bro. Popcorn is my son. Popcorn gave him the first sock mother for the here so you know, I'm conflicted, right, But I spoke to Scata. He was very mature about it. Popcorn was very remorseful about it. Yeah, and everything.
Speaker 4: But but that's when he became a meme.
Speaker 6: Was what was in your mind because people haven't this is the first time you're talking about it after that, What was in your mind when he was holding the mic?
Speaker 1: Well, you saw my face. I was shocked because I never expected Popcorn to say that. It's like, you invite me to a party.
Speaker 4: Why would say you invite me to a party.
Speaker 1: But before you invited me to the party, me and bust Rhyme had beef.
Speaker 4: Right, this is re just creating a scenario.
Speaker 1: Why would I come to your party and say, bostam sokya mada. This is the biggest this in Jamaica. Yeah, yeah, that means I don't respect you. But this is here's the flip side. You watch that movie with al Pacino and Robert de Niro, Here's the flip side to that coin. Popcorn felt violent because he was coming to represent for the man that made him rich, really rich, because you know, Puppy is in like ve spar tell my father level Like really when we say millions, you mean us, and then we had to be at the gate for two hours. But then I had to explain to him after the show, like Puppy, yeah, I understand. This is Jamaica, the excitement, and everyone wants to prove. So if you're a security guard and f N and and and components coming through, maybe you have a puppy. I'm fucking okay, But what's what's that was? I did that on progress and if I didn't do it, hold on, hold on. This is serious now. So I'm speaking to Puppy and he's like General because you know they all call me General the same way I call the guys before General. That's right, bro, Respect is everything, you know Jamaicans. Of course she it was like General Mefield, vex and Mayfield violated, mister popcorn, you can't come to my show with two hundred people like literally and then be angry when one of the promoters go skata Joe Bangdanovic and Carla big up, Carla.
Speaker 4: They organized it. I didn't do shit.
Speaker 1: All they did was call me, Carl, tell you have an interview with Billboards four thirty. Okay, I'll be there. I'm there by four thirty just like when I came to your show, I didn't disrespect I was on time, right, hell yeah, because that's how we do. Thank you for your patience, you know what I mean. Thank you for your patience, sir, because you understand entertainment. Yes, so yeah, So that's why you see me and Scata, me and him all over the place together because he's one of my road managers. Well, TJ is the manager Scatter and Mooney Yeah man, TJ yeah man. So it's TJ, Skata and Mooney here the manager, two world managers. Because I'm though my life is dough and I do those. Yeah. I love what you say.
Speaker 4: What's my eye?
Speaker 1: No, my nose? I'm because in Jamaica, when with the mode you said you love you some mode meaning you love to fucking talk or you love to like show out. So but in America the slang is like I'm out. So I merged them together. So what's this under my nose? I'm out? It was in Jamaica number one on YouTube for like three weeks. It's a slang that I turned into a song. So it's crazy here. So you.
Speaker 9: Know what more.
Speaker 1: He knows, like I said, is out of the long hand of the New York. It's not Brooklyn, but were tough as fun right like why damn? Yeah, we was talking. Come check we we got Gotti over here. They're gonna stap it. Yeah exactly, we got Gotti. Yeah, so that's what time shot form port more. Yeah, let's go, let's go. Where's my shot?
Speaker 4: Shot shot shots always live up.
Speaker 1: Light skin girl in Jamaine. We call her brown and brinin Where was she? Hold on there beat? Yeah, you gotta do jay Z boom ba clop Biggie. Yeah, so this is the jay Z Biggie and a little bee a little bit your prodigy. Yes, hold on, give me a moment to think. Mob d Spragua Bens talking about you know my favorite New York rapper female? It's Cardi card She has to come to your wedding. You know who's I invited her? You know who's my second? And this is going to be crazy if you're not if you don't understand the generation I grew up there, you know it's my favorite female rapper. I know who you're saying. Okay, and yeah look which massive, Yes, I remember I'm not a Biggi fan and as I am a two Pac fun because I remember I said two bars all time rapper, but Lco, Kim and Biggie back Jesus the not torri Us. Just please us with little Fiss, We're just chilling. So so in your wedding you would like Cardi b and Little Kim to come out. No, if Little Kim comes, that's the ice, bro, that's I okay. So Lies, look, you got to recept I know you can do it. What your wedding, you can't get ready to make it happen. Yeah, your legendary. And they say again, Yo, listen, I'm gonna tell you this. I never want to say it because the girls in Jamaica that are fourteen, fifteen and sixteen they love me. But you're gonna make me say it. Okay, Bro, I'm forty nine years old. Yeah, your fucking legend. Okay my eyes? Yes, God, so you can't you I know you can cooking, but I'm sees yeah okay, So yeah, you know I think you know you have turned into an alcoholic A number. I'm no culting it. I'm joking. This is the engagement ring. I'm joking, this is yeah, this is a sim I'm George, you don't know fucking you know, moving on. Yeah, the fucking weasy and not the way the other. Yeah, we can also a little wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me tell you how I know your official gangster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know how to laugh. You gotta smile, you know how to have fun. Of course when I see people who don't want to smile quite But you hain't been to nothing nothing. Listen, tell me one thing that you learn being locked up? Being locked up? How to set your hands in your jerkey off? I'm sure I sho okay on how d man or am I leg ship? Allegations again? Allegations ship? Yeah, but ask the question again, you know asking I'm going to see his answer. What have you learned? Yeah, since you've been home from jail, been home from jail. Yeah yeah, don't take time for granted, and don't take it the people you love, don't take them for granted. You can't. And I'll tell you some fn because Jamaica prison is strange. It's like the gangster seen in Jamaica. Five people will die here in Kingston, but when you watch the news, you only hear about the one person that died in Montego Bay or in Osheria. So you got to take life seriously. The people you love got to spend it with them. You know what my biggest shraget is and my first son. I had him to the studio. You know when you get that song. Your first child is a son. So I'm with him in the studio. I'm changing is changing his diapers. I'm doing all of that. But what I regret the most is not spending more time with him. Who's oldest little vibes? No, yeah, lia vibes, all right, But this is the good thing about it. The liquor vibes gave me two grandchildren. So now I have the opportunity giving me another chance. Yes, second chances. Man, God is the greatest. Bro.
Speaker 4: I believe in God.
Speaker 1: Bro when I was even if you watch a lot of my old interoys, that's the Wilford I know because you watch America. I'm like, yeah, so he knows what soup is. I used to say, bro whatever x x X. Now I believe in Like my son, I didn't get to raise him. He gave me two grandchildren. Yes, so no, I can raise a granddaughter and a grandson. So I'm like that's yeah, yeah, I'm not to my grandson. Make sure you get a lot of pussy. I'm gonna have to my granddaughter if you ever two point zero. But seriously, though, it's like he gave me a new lease on life to be able to because and this is I'm going to tell you, I'm going to be honest. Before I got arrested, I never believe in God as a concept. So being in prison, and like I said, I put the two thirty head on my Where is it two thirty eight? Where is the tattoo? I don't even know? Look where is it? Yeah, let's start right, gee right there, right, don't study Norman che hold on these nuts.
Speaker 18: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I said this, no, no disrespect. When I'm gonna say this, I knew that I was going to come out. But at the time I needed that extra energy because a lot of people were depending on me, not just the guys that I was arrested with, but my mother and my father, my children, my cousins, my aunts, my uncles. Remember, this is Jamaica. This is not fucking Wall Street ship. This is Jamaica. So I had to put my faith in something other than us. And that's when I got more spiritual, more religious, and started focusing. And that's when I tattooed the thing on my face love God. I don't know if you can see it. What's your man? That's when I became more spiritual because I used to order church like most Jamaicans, because Jamaicans have the most churches per square capital. Really, you know what, you know what beats it the most bars. And I'm not even joking, like literally bars beats no, not beats bar like where you go to have drink, drink, rum, shamp whatever. The most bars, yes, but but just by a slight because think about this, we have the most churches per capita in the world.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 1: The only thing that beats that, Wow, it's bars. That's why you see the the the places of nature of Jamaica. Yeah, discurpacs. So on one side of Jamaica, you're partying, you're in a tourist country and you're enjoying yourself and nobody fucking knew. And on the other side, fifty three people die in two days murder, so crazy. It is three people die between Monday and between Friday and Sunday. But when you are in Montego Bay, not and not that the real month ago, you're in the resort, the resort, right, the safety. You're good, right, But when you go back to America and you go on Google, you see that fifty three people died between Friday and Sunday by murder. It's crazy, man.
Speaker 6: So tell me something. Since you've been out, what have you seen change the climate of Jamaica?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Just the love for me. But my thing is this, why are you shooting people because you have no other option. You were in school and you were you could paint very well, you could draw jay Z and it looked like jay Z. But because no one cared about that, and you lived in fucking flat boards, no opportunities, no opportunities, so you just started to shoot. Yeah, gun man, no your batman. And it feels good. You know, life feels good because they're a man and man need purpose, get respect, man need respect, and we need purpose. So you found your purpose because you do it very well. Run upon niggas and shooting them, is it right?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: But all you had left was purpose. Found it with your gun the same way we found it after the gun, with the microphone, music with the microphone. Jordan's founded with the basketball. But you don't punk. You want a picture with Jordan's nigga. Fuck, nigga, pay me. That's why I have no problem with Jordan's because I understand his mindset. Is it wrong or right, that's for people to decide. But I understand the mindset of the man because well, I grew up in the ghetto. I understand how it works. And if you don't understand that, man, you naive as fuck. You need to live in color you know what I mean. Let's go skiing in the fucking window or some trick and ship, you know what I mean. I love Colorado, Weed, Colorado, let us know, Yeah, and Oregon. Yeah, I love we got it in Yeah, that's yeah. When you smoke that smoke Champs Weed, I haven't. I'm taking it home. I love that ship. I'm taking it home. Listen, when you smoke it, you have to make a blog about it and say, yo, I will. I'm as well, Jackson, where was it? This is my little monkey? What's the monkey's name? Pablo? This is my bubbles hoping I smoke it. I see doubles.
Speaker 2: Let me just say something in it, be in it with this yeah vibes, man, I'm being honest with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Me being a New Yorker it's just a little Jamaica for us.
Speaker 2: It's little Jamaica, New York directly. Yes, related. Yes, I always wanted to meet you. I always wanted to, you know, come into the same you know room with you, just vie with you. And then I realized one of my friends, one of my best friends in the world, name is Busta rhymes damn.
Speaker 1: And he stepped to me and he.
Speaker 2: Told me who you actually are, because I was not just the persona.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So and when I tell you that man woke up four o'clock in the morning, you want to.
Speaker 1: Get a shot?
Speaker 2: Yes, hold on, hold on, because I said, okay, all right, I do that too.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fucus definitely out, all right, pour it in this let's go pour this ship in this ship. But my brother bust around not a lot. She what's her name, Jamie Jamie? Yeah, don't play me, but bob. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you, man, when we started this and we wanted, we wanted to pay respect to the dance hall, respected the reggae wonder and our fans went so crazy. Let's say your show won't be your show wouldn't be official. Yes, like a referee with a whistle.
Speaker 20: Yeah right, unless it's so important, unless you have like a Russian missile, but unless you have.
Speaker 2: Bout the kingdom. Yes, and me personally, I think you and being the are both kings.
Speaker 1: Bro, my respect, I love being the mine he was before me. How the fuck you not in respect a nigga who made made this before you from the ghetto. Open the doors, you bitch and winna do bitch business. I think you're real bunty killer, big up, your big up ninja man. After that. Me know, me and my father in the same league, you understand, So yeah, big Godi. God listen, any y'all know I'm touring it me my father, bunty, won't you.
Speaker 21: That's right, that's the sort. That's that's the only tour. No the empty everybody, all right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me the fever, give me the fever. You want the bottle? Yea, give me the fever.
Speaker 4: Let's get the fever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yes, you know why I'm blessed? Yes, because my managers don't drink. Yeah. No, no, no, no, you know hold on, hold on, I said, hold on. I saved the day because it's not under your eye, on your nose. Get it. I'm out a mouth. I keep sucking it up. I'm smoked down. No, you can't fuck it up. You can't suck up your drink Champs. Hold on, hold on on, yeah, no, no, no, okay, gee, then do you know do you recognize your hip hop legend? Not a fucking podcast legend? Essen is a podcast legend. Yes, you're hip hop lashion and the podcastle when I said F is a podcast lesson that comes love him, yes, and love you, but they also love you because you was a rapper. I'm gonna get you on my rap album right now.
Speaker 4: Bro, bro bro, Yeah, because you was before everyone.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes.
Speaker 5: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d J E f N.
Speaker 1: Listen to drink Champs on.
Speaker 5: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champ hosted by Yours truly, dj E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials. That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real norriegon ig at, Noriega on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj
Speaker 5: E f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com