Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Meet Friday. It's a brunch Friday. The Traggers are all fired up. Bacon and egg and cheese sliders, sausage sliders, lock and locks, and bagel sliders with cream cheese and also spicy bloody Mary's who has it better than we do? Nodding. Ross Tucker, a good buddy, will join us. Coming up momentarily. The great actor Brian Cranston will stop by as well. Phone number eight seven seven three, DP show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Pacers still up, going back home. Nicks are getting four on Saturday night as they rough up the Pacers one eleven to ninety four. And we have our Stanley Cup Final. It's a rematch from last year. It's the Oilers versus the Panthers. College football closing in on a tweaked playoff model. There have been a couple of different scenario and from what I'm told from my source, it's gotten heated. It's gotten heated because the Big twelve in acc are trying to stand up to the Big ten and the SEC and that's that's where the kind of the fracture lies here, but we're talking about a lot of money at stake here, and the ACC in Big twelve, you know, tired of getting kicked to the curb and you know, losing teams that they're trying to hold on for dear life. So they get at least two automatic berths from their conferences. But that we hope to have Greg Zanke, the SEC Commissioner, on next week, and he seems to be the one kind of in the crossfire here trying to defend the SEC. Also the Big Ten as well. They seem to be partnering here, and I think the rest of college football saying, hey, wait a minute, what about us. Ross Tucker, CBS Sports Westwood One, NFL college analyst and host of the Ross Tucker Football podcast. You can check him out on social media at Ross Tucker NFL. We were talking about pressure. Now it's ninety eight days until the start of the NFL season, and Paulie said it to me yesterday. He goes, you know, we're ninety nine days away, and I was thinking, all right, now's the time who has the most pressure? And then we started coming up with different levels, different tiers of most pressure. Player, team coach. Let's start there. Who has the most pressure going into this upcoming season.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that is an interesting one, and I have been paying attention on social media and listening a little bit.
Speaker 4: I kind of agree, by the way, what Paulie was saying earlier. I don't want to think that the.
Speaker 3: Giants Joe Shane and Brian Dable, I don't think they have that much pressure. I don't think anybody really thinks them that they're going to keep their job after this year. I mean, they have the hardest schedule in the NFL. I think they'll probably put Jackson Dart out there by week eight.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's funny when you really.
Speaker 3: Know the way the NFL works, which is that it's all about job preservation, right, you understand why teams operate the way they do. The Giants bring in Russell Wilson and Jamis Winston. They're gonna take a shot, and this is their first shot this year to try to be good, try to be competitive, have Russell go out there. Maybe they can get to five hundred and that's enough for another year.
Speaker 4: If it doesn't go.
Speaker 3: Well midway through the year, you put in Jackson Dart, you hope that he shows enough or does enough that ownership wants to give you another year. It really is funny to me to see how many of these moves are made really with self interest in mind. So that's a different kind of pressure because I think that most people, myself included, I don't expect either one of those to work.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 3: Shane and Dable probably will be gone this year. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see. Then there's a totally different pressure for like the Josh Allen Sean McDermott combo, or the Lamar Jackson John Harball combo. Neither one of those quarterbacks are going anywhere, but you know, we do frame the conversation differently if they keep coming up short in the postseason for those guys. The interesting thing there, Dan is if neither one of them makes it to the AFC Championship Game this year, you wonder if at some point either Terry Pigoula, the owner of the Bills, or Steve Bishetty, the owner of the Ravens, says man, we got a really good team, We've got a really good roster.
Speaker 4: We have one of the three or four best quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Maybe we just need to change something because it feels like both those teams have kind of been banging their head against the wall the last five years trying to get past the Chiefs, trying to get to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's a lot there. I would say definitely Lamar Jackson and John Harball. Hardball's career is similar to Mike Tomlin. You know, when you look at they always have a good product out there. You know five you know, always over five hundred. It feels like, and they both have one Super Bowl. Would Mike Tomlin still have his job if he didn't have that one Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: I don't think with many franchises, but I think the Pittsburgh Steelers are just so consistent and so stoked in trying to keep as much loyalty as they can.
Speaker 4: And I think, to be honest with you, I give him a lot of credit.
Speaker 3: It's funny because where I live, I know a lot of Steelers fans, Dan, and a lot of them are really down on Tomlin, right, They really do not like Tomlin. And I guess I would say to them, is he's won a lot of football games.
Speaker 4: I heard you talking.
Speaker 3: Earlier, Dan, without really having a top half of the League quarterback.
Speaker 4: I mean, that is so hard to do. Now.
Speaker 3: What's interesting there is how much power does he have over the personnel over the last few years? In other words, how much of that do you put right and directly on Mike Tomlin. I think that him winning that Super Bowl obviously helps quite a bit the difference between the Ravens and the Steelers. As I know, you know, Steelers haven't won a playoff game in a long time. However, Steelers haven't had Lamar Jackson either, so you could actually have a really healthy debate and discussion as to which coach is better.
Speaker 4: I think Tomlin or Harbaugh. I think both of them.
Speaker 3: If they were ever let go, there'd be a dozen teams that would look to hire them because they're considered top ten, if not top five coaches in the NFL.
Speaker 2: We talked about the pressure on Trevor Lawrence. At some point he has to show are you one of the top five seven quarterbacks? You're being paid that way? The pressure on Tua and Mike McDaniel in Miami that this might be a make or break year for at least the coach. Which one has more pressure Tua the Dolphins or Trevor Lawrence with Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: So I think Trevor Lawrence has more pressure because this is now his third head coach right, Whereas Tua I think has played pretty well. It's been more of the injury issues and the concussions. But if the Dolphins have a down year, I think they fire McDaniel and I think Tua is still the starting quarterback with a new head coach. If Trevor Lawrence really struggles, then you kind of wonder what Liam Cohen and Tony Vasselli and Glad Stone and the new regime starts to think. Now, I think Trevor just.
Speaker 4: Got a deal.
Speaker 3: They maybe both just got contracts before the twenty twenty four season, if memory serves, might have been twenty twenty three for one of those guys, So they got money fairly recently, so it would be a little bit messy to move on. But I think out of those two players in particular, I think it's on Lawrence, and I think he gets a pass nationally way way more than he should.
Speaker 2: He's Ross Tucker with the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. Also you can hear him and see him on the NFL in college football with CBS Sports and Westwood One pressure on Justin Herbert or do we look at it's Jim Harbaugh who has that pressure? Like who has more pressure? If you're gonna divvy it up with the quarterback and the coach with the Chargers.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it's fifty to fifty. If anything, though, I would probably lean to Herbert because again, this is a scenario where this is a second head coach for him. You know, Harbaugh kind of comes in the Chargers were down, he leads him to the playoffs. And Harbaugh has a significant track record of success with the Niners, with Michigan, even going back to Stanford. Right, Herbert not as much, And in particular, there's a perception, right or wrong, that Herbert doesn't play his best when it matters the most. I almost felt bad for him in that playoff game against the Texans because I knew what was coming. And so I like to go into a year and look at which quarterbacks. Man, it's really it's more on them now, and I think.
Speaker 4: Herbert's one of those guys. I think Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: I know it's only a year two Dan, but the Bears did something they've never done before, which is paid top dollar for a head coach.
Speaker 4: They redid the whole old.
Speaker 3: Line, okay, interior offensive line in front of him. The first two picks, Colston Lovelin with the tenth pick Luther Burden with a top ten second round pick, are both skill guys. The Bears are doing everything possible to try to set up Kayleb Williams for success. Now, you got those quotes from the book with Wickersham, which will come out, you know, the day after the Bears first game. I think there's a little bit of sneaky pressure on Williams because those quotes and that book have kind of put even more of a spotlight on him than there already was.
Speaker 4: And it feels like whenever you're one of these.
Speaker 3: Number one pick guys, Trevor Lawrence, Kayleb Williams, whoever, people want to blame everybody else as long as they can, especially the fans, right like Jacksonville fans. It's almost like franchise quarterback Stan It's like a religion and people people want to hang on.
Speaker 4: To that belief as long as they can.
Speaker 3: Jaguars fans want to believe in Trevor Lawrence until they absolutely can't. Bears fans want to believe in Caleb so so badly, but with the microscope on him this year, if he struggles, I think that could be interesting as well.
Speaker 2: I'm also wondering about you know, the Niners were on the clock with a lot of pressure the last couple of years. You know, they do make it to a super Bowl, you make it to you know, conference final, But I don't know if we're applying the pressure that was on them before.
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 2: We kind of moved on. Now it's the Lions that it feels like there's more pressure on Detroit than it is San Francisco. Do you see it that way?
Speaker 4: I understand why some people do. I don't think that should be the case at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Niners are coming off of a six and eleven season. If they have another down year, they have some serious question to ask because their core isn't getting any younger, right, I mean, Trent Williams at left tackle, McCaffrey, you know, we don't know if Christian will ever come back and be the guy he was.
Speaker 4: We know they've now locked up party, but Kittle's not.
Speaker 3: Getting younger, you know, And I wonder, you know, I applaud organizations that show patients, and even after the Niners have a down year here or down year there, they recognize they have a good coach and Kyle Shanahan. Two down years in a row, things get a little bit different. Then things get a little bit tighter. I don't think it's gonna happen, because I think they're gonna be very good.
Speaker 4: They have the easiest schedule in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I think the Niners are actually gonna bounce back in a major way. But if they don't, if they have another losing season, things will get very interesting there. That there is some in Detroit, Dan but and maybe because of the fact they lost both coordinators and there's this feeling that, man, this is their window to get over the hump. But I have a tough time picturing them making any major change in Detroit after this season, barring something totally unforeseen, because you have to remember, it's been a long time since we were even talking about there being pressure in Detroit, because they're even good enough to have pressure.
Speaker 2: I'll leave you with this with the flag football with the US team, this has been suggested, could we get an NFL team that goes against the best flag football team that's out there, and then the winner gets to go and represent the United States in flag football. I think it'd be musty TV if people are going to be shocked when they look at guys who do are professional flag football players, just how different it is, how different they play than the NFL. But if you did, here's your NFL team, and I'm going to get the best flag football team. The winner represents the United States and the Olympics.
Speaker 3: I think it's an incredible idea. I think I saw where you know, maybe my buddy Jason Kelcey was talking about that as well. I think the guys that have been playing flag football for years, I think they deserve that opportunity.
Speaker 4: I would watch that game.
Speaker 3: That would maybe be like the second flag football game I've ever watched, because I watched a couple of years ago if you remember, I can't remember what it was, but these full time flag football guys they played against former NFL guys like Seneca Wallace was the quarterback for the other team, you know, for the former NFL.
Speaker 4: And they beat him, and they beat him bad. You know, the flag current flag football guys beat the former NFL guys.
Speaker 3: That said, I don't know how much time the former NFL guys put into it, if you gave actual NFL players a month to really understand the game the rules, because the rules are.
Speaker 4: Different, they're unique.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty confident that they would beat the flag football guys, but it still.
Speaker 4: Would be very entertaining to watch.
Speaker 3: And I think it's like it's like a pros versus Joe's thing, right.
Speaker 4: Everybody would kind of tune in to.
Speaker 3: See how these guys would do against the guys that are used to seeing in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Stefan Diggs didn't invite you on the yacht, did he? No?
Speaker 4: I was not invited on the yacht.
Speaker 3: I will say this, I am open to any yacht invitations ever.
Speaker 4: I'm a big yacht guy.
Speaker 3: I just don't know enough people that have yachts or super yachts.
Speaker 2: You're a boat guy, You're not a yacht guy.
Speaker 3: I'm a pontoon boat guy with a cooler full of beer and just floating down the river.
Speaker 4: I don't need a yet. What Okay, let me ask them.
Speaker 3: Why would you pay hundreds of millions of dollars for a yacht when you can just go in the river or even in a stream on like a kayak. And have a cooler of beer there, and it's the same thing. You're in water, you're drinking beer either way, what's the difference.
Speaker 2: The shorties don't like a kayak, I'm just gonna be honest with you. But a pontoon, you know, they might be interested in a floating living room there, but uh.
Speaker 4: Pontoon boats are the party boats, man, They're awesome.
Speaker 2: That's what I got. Yeah, that's that's what I got. All aboard. Great to talk to you, have a great weekend. Thank you as always always you too. Thanks Dan Ross Tucker, host of the Ross Tucker Football Podcast, and you can check him out on social media at Ross Tucker, NFL. Ryan Cranston, great actor, got a new movie. They'll join us coming up. More phone calls as well. Let's take a break Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 6: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 7: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 6: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 7: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something right, So check us out.
Speaker 6: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 6: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 2: That's Covino and Rich. Say good morning to those watching on peacock. Thank you for unloading the app or radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio stat of the Day has always brought you by Panini America. The official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Brian Cranston, he's a busy man. Emmy Tony, Golden Globe winning actor, Oscar nominated actor as well. He was Malcolm in the Middle, he was Breaking Bad. Now he's got two more movies coming out, Diehard Los Angeles Sports Fan. He's got the Phoenician Scheme that opens up May thirtieth, nationwide June second, and then Everything's going to be great opens up June twentieth. Look at you, miss dir actor there, how do you have common? Thanks? Thanks for spending some time with us.
Speaker 5: Brian, Yeah, I don't have a lot of time for these these opening remarks.
Speaker 8: We got to get right to the meet DP.
Speaker 5: Okay, and by the way, I miss I miss saying the opening stats. I always like to go seven foot four one and fourteen times?
Speaker 2: Give me what is your what is your height? Wait?
Speaker 8: My height and weight?
Speaker 5: Well, I used to be six foot but I'm probably five to eleven now my weight is one eighty two.
Speaker 8: I'd like to get that down.
Speaker 2: But do you why about your height or weight? Do actors do that?
Speaker 8: Of course we do? Why why would you not?
Speaker 2: Okay? Now I was told this before that it's harder to be a better actor, great actor if you're taller.
Speaker 5: Any truth, there are few actors of great height who are actually who actually became stars, much many more who were smaller. But it is also true that most actors who become stars have large heads, elephant titus heads, you know, they have to have prop prop them up over there. And blue eyes if you have light eyes.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, okay, who's got a big noggin? That's a great actor. Well you just think about any brando grab a big head.
Speaker 5: Oh well, enormous like a coconut.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: And all I mean, all these people, even even the women, the women who have larger heads have a better chance to be a movie star.
Speaker 2: That's not true. That's not true.
Speaker 8: Well I'm trying.
Speaker 2: You know, David Hasselhoff had a big head, but not a great actor.
Speaker 8: He was. He's a lovely guy. I was gonna say he was a lovely guy. But he's still alive. Nice guy.
Speaker 5: I did an episode of bay Watch back in the day where I played I think my character name was like drunken boat captain or something like that.
Speaker 2: But you didn't have a speedo on like you weren't running in slow motion on Baywater.
Speaker 5: No. No, when I'm in a skimpy underwear, it's full on motion everything you want to see everything, apparently.
Speaker 2: But did Walter White have to wear tidy whities?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: You know, it was interesting because after seven years of Malcolm in the Middle, where Hal wore tidy whities because I thought it was appropriate because he was just a big boy, so he never really grew up. And for some reason, Vince Gilligan wrote that Walter White wore tidy whities. And I went to the wardrobe call and I said, well, I just did seven years. So I tried on boxers and I tried on law and it's like, you know what, there's some reason that he did this, and I'm just gonna go with it. And that image of him in the desert, that first poster of the gun and his tidy whities, is so pathetic that I thought, oh, that's I think that's the image he wanted.
Speaker 8: To go for.
Speaker 2: But how often do you question when you have a director or there's something on the page where you offer feedback, or you're going to stand up for what you think might be right all.
Speaker 8: The time, all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're constantly making adjustments. I just did a couple episodes of the show of the Studio where my character at the end shows up in leopard, very skinny bikini briefs which I chose, and stockings with garter clips and a girdle, and where he wears a Dicky is the most ridiculous looking guy in the world.
Speaker 8: And I wanted all.
Speaker 5: Of those things, and so we just adjusted it to those and I surprised seth Rogen when I walked out of the room and he saw me for the first time on camera.
Speaker 2: It's a great character because it came out of nowhere, you know, first episode and I'm like, oh my god. It's like, you know, this combination of you're gonna try to bring in every studio head of all the things that are negative about them or over the top about them, and you just kind of combined it with one character, and it was like, all right, Yeah, that's Hollywood right there.
Speaker 8: It is kind of patterned.
Speaker 5: I patterned him after Robert Evans, famous studio head of the Paramount in the seventies, did great movies, but he was always super tam bleached, his teeth, he always wore very masculine clothes.
Speaker 8: He was that kind of guy. His shirt was unbuttoned.
Speaker 5: To his navel, you know, and it was hey, maybe you know that, dude, So that's more fun to play a guy like that.
Speaker 2: I got the picture here from Baywatch, PAULI sent it to me. Wow, okay, those are short shorts you got on, by the way.
Speaker 8: Those were the times. Don't tell me you didn't.
Speaker 2: Have short shorts in that I did in this idea.
Speaker 8: Everybody did remember the NBA back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I you know, growing up I had short shorts. And John Stockton I think was like the last holdout, like you know, he was the last guy to wear short shorts. Do you have on this episode? Yeah? With Brian on.
Speaker 9: Babas that fine episode of Baywatch November eighty nine, Brian Cranston played Captain Tom Logan and he was wearing like op shorts and like those croaky glasses and his hair was completely down the middle and feathered.
Speaker 2: I could looks good? Were you at that time?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've been Robin and I have been married for thirty six years now.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, okay eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're there on Baywatch.
Speaker 8: I mean, oh yeah, those they're out there.
Speaker 2: Did did anybody notice Captain Tom Logan of you know the women they did you catch anybody's eye there?
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know. I don't know whose eye I caught.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, were you born in Hollywood?
Speaker 5: I was born in the city of Hollywood, Yes, right in Hollywood and raised in Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley.
Speaker 2: And famous classmates.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't have any famous classmates, uh in the area.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 5: Well, Kevin Spacey went to the same high school a couple of years after me, but then transferred out to go to a better theater school. But outside of that, they're really no, no, no famous, No.
Speaker 2: I'm famous tougher to get Nick's tickets courtside or Laker tickets court.
Speaker 8: Side Laker tickets, court side.
Speaker 2: Tougher, tougher.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just process, it's just jam.
Speaker 5: Well, first, there is a way I can give advice to all the listeners and viewers about how to get court side seats first. Become a television star or a movie star. Do that first. Then you'll have a lot better chance of getting court side seats. But I did get court side seats last year to mix pacers had a great time, had a great time watching it, and they're back.
Speaker 8: At it again.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: But you know your sitcom famous with Malcolm in the Middle and then breaking back, like you know, I'm going to guess breaking bad you got it was easier to get the tickets than with Malcolm in the Middle.
Speaker 8: Yeah. It gave me a higher profile absolutely.
Speaker 5: Okay, so yeah, that's what I get mostly recognized for. I would say, i'd say like seven out of ten people who approached for you, Okay, there.
Speaker 2: I think I just broke something. My mic collapsed here.
Speaker 8: And that's how about seven out of ten people recognize me as Walter White.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I want to talk about the Phoenician scheme. Yeah, because Wes Anderson does things differently than anybody else. How would you describe what he does as a filmmaker.
Speaker 8: Well, he is the truest sense of the word auteur.
Speaker 5: There is no way that anyone can say, oh, I think I know what Wes is thinking on this. I think I know where he's going to go with this. You just don't know at all. It is a unique journey when you do a Wes Anderson movie, because it's always clever, it's always surprising, and it's just it's so much fun. But the thing about from an actor's point of you doing the Phoenician scheme or Asteroid City before that, or it's the experience of being with him and all the actors at the same table at the dinner every night after you work, and that kind of camaraderie was so much fun. In fact, Tom Hanks calls it actor camp. It's a good hang and we and all the actors are there. We're having wine and cocktails and food, and we're talking about things that were worried about or families and things like that.
Speaker 8: Without worrying about.
Speaker 5: Prying eyes or ears around us, and we can just be open and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: So Tom Hanks, I believe plays your brother. You got Michael Sarah in there, Scarlett Johansson, Benicio del Toro, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Pretty good, Benedtt and Cumberbatch, Rez Ahmed.
Speaker 5: I mean it's a big, big cast, uh, And Tom and I are playing brothers. Well, well we think we're brothers. It was never actually established, but there they're so so alike. Now, there's a basketball sequence in the movie that Tom and I are involved in.
Speaker 8: And when we.
Speaker 5: Got to the set where where asked, Okay, who can do this?
Speaker 8: And who could do that?
Speaker 5: And so Tom Tom's going, I can't really dribble very well, I'll go I'll dribble. And I said, look, I got problems with my shoulders. I got art right. And it's like if you went to the assisted living center, they get two basketball players.
Speaker 2: People sent me that clip of you got of you shooting basketball, wondering if you were trying to model You're shot after me for some reason, and I said, well, if he if he was trying, he didn't do a very good job.
Speaker 8: Because because I made it dripping.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't dripping with athleticism. I'm just going to say, you know, as a basketball player, you're a great actor.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, No, I wasn't modeling myself after you. You're You're They broke the mold.
Speaker 8: Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: The Phoenician scheme that comes out May thirtieth and then nationwide June second, and Everything's going to be Great that comes out June twentieth. Yeah, did you shoot these around the same time.
Speaker 5: No, Phoenician scheme we shot last year. Everything's going to be great, we shot before it. But it's it's like jockeying for position and who's going to and what's the right time to come out with a movie, and you know it's those decisions are made by someone else. But everything's going to be great is also a really it's a beautiful film with Alison Janning and myself and it reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine from years ago. It's funny and sweet and sad and engaging him.
Speaker 2: Anyway, little Miss Sunshine. That final dance scene, Yeah, fun stuff brings down the house, yes, Alan Ark, I mean there's so many great performances in there. Yeah, it's one of those little sneaky surprise movies where you're like, damn, I don't I don't. You know everybody when you watch movies like I don't know it's going to be nominated, everything's gonna be nominated. Instead of just watching movies, I think we're always like, well, what's going to do at the box office? Is anybody gonna go see this in the movie theaters. It's kind of like the pressure. I don't know how different it is now than let's say, you know, fifteen years ago.
Speaker 8: It's a lot different when you and I were kids.
Speaker 5: Every show, every morning show, every news show had a movie and television reviewer specifically to relate to the audience what they felt was good of high quality. They fired all of those people, and so now the newsreaders just read off what made the most money last weekend at the box office, as if that's the indication of quality.
Speaker 8: And so it's it's kind of sad.
Speaker 5: So you really need the word of mouth to be able to say, don't miss this movie or that movie.
Speaker 2: PAULI told me that there might be uh, we're bringing back Malcolm in the Middle, is there a.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did it. We shot it already.
Speaker 2: You shot it.
Speaker 8: We did.
Speaker 5: We did four episodes for Disney and we just finished it. So that'll be out probably either later this year or early next year. And man, I got to tell you, it was so much fun.
Speaker 8: All the all the kids came back.
Speaker 5: And you know, it's funny because the boys for Malcolm in the Middle are all around the same age that I was when we first started the show twenty.
Speaker 8: Five years ago.
Speaker 5: Wow, they have kids of their own. It's so great to see and the and the adults that they've become. It's really fantastic.
Speaker 2: When you do the race walking scene, do you do you still have that outfit because I'd love to put it in a mandicate.
Speaker 8: Oh would you? It would have to be on it, It would have to be on a mannequin.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'd get a mannequin.
Speaker 5: Well, let me see if I can get it for you, because i'd love to see it on your show.
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you drop everything that you're doing and like do something for me, like right now?
Speaker 8: Like that was that was implied. Of course I'm gonna drop everything. Yes, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: I don't like nothing else. No, don't read any scripts or anything. It's like, nope, I can't. I'm an outfit from Malcolm in the Middle to Dan Patrick.
Speaker 8: I'm wondering if they still have it.
Speaker 5: I don't know. But man, that was a funny, funny thing, and I was, you know, I was real trim then I was like one seventy two or three something.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not gonna wear it, and I'm gonna put it on the mannequin.
Speaker 8: But I think you should wear it. I think you should put it off.
Speaker 2: Will Ferrell brought the testicles from step Brothers that he rubbed. He brought him to Ireland and we were doing our show over there, and he brought the testicles that he rubbed on William c Riley's drum set. Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm just saying.
Speaker 8: I also I also brought you a treat.
Speaker 2: You did you brought me? Yeah, that was a fake penis thing that you had for the covers.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, an erection toy.
Speaker 8: Where is that? I don't see that anywhere on the set.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's uh, it's in here, yes, Paul. Oh, it's prominently displayed.
Speaker 9: People always ask what it is.
Speaker 2: It's on the other side. It's I'm up in Maine. So this is in the the main or the regular No, it's all the way on the other side by the account we're getting it. Yeah, you'll be able to just see it. Hold on, Well, I got my cameraman walking over there. But oh yeah, they're there there it is. It's it's right by my l a charger helmet and uh, I've got your whatever that thing is that you gave me.
Speaker 8: But I've talk about it getting a charge. Oh yeah. That was from a movie called uh what was that called? Jeez? Uh?
Speaker 5: That was called The Upside. The Upside with kevil Heart okay and and Nicole.
Speaker 2: You in your upside right there. It's like, hello, well, good luck with everything. Thanks brother, thanks, thanks for joining us as always.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you. It's always good to see you.
Speaker 5: And whenever you get out to LA or down to New York, give a holler.
Speaker 8: I'd love to have you buy me lunch.
Speaker 2: Why don't you give me a holler when you're.
Speaker 8: In New York. Well you're not in New York, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but I can get to New York.
Speaker 8: Okay, I will. I will give you a holler, as they said in the.
Speaker 2: Old day, and I'll buy you dinner.
Speaker 8: Lovely, lovely, all right.
Speaker 2: He's Brian Cranston, The Phoenicians Scheme Wes Anderson, and if you're a fan of those movies, then you know what you're getting. It opens nationwide June second. Everything's going to be great. That opens on June twentieth. Will take a break, last call for phone calls what we learned once in or tomorrow right after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: Wait what are we doing here? This is what we're doing DP.
Speaker 8: I want to run through the hasm.
Speaker 4: I do want to scream the top of my long Connecticut rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what we're allowed to use because Todd Rungren, who gives us. I don't want to work. I just want to bang on the drums all days from Philadelphia's therefore according to sit and we're not able to or we shouldn't be able to use somebody who's not Connecticut based. Wow, it's going to take a little getting used to this. See it's Friday. You want to bust down the double doors or whatever? Yes?
Speaker 4: For anything better?
Speaker 2: I think I'd rather have your body as a wonderland than this that heads hard. Yeah, well this doesn't hit too hard either. I've been driving pe Ferving.
Speaker 4: The morning.
Speaker 2: Last Stoll after nine in the morning. That lasts all Afternoon's a great line. Yeah, great line. Let me get a couple of phone calls Matt in Alaska. Hi Matt, thank you for holding what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hey Dan, how are you doing this morning? It's good to talk to you. Love the show, love the Dan Attes. But I got a quick a couple of quick questions from Marvin. I heard the story about you know, he was doing some work in the studio and all of a sudden, you guys are like, this guy knows sports and we need another dan Atte. And so Marvin, what was it like when Dan was like, hey, you want to be a dan at And then my last question is what was that first day on the radio? You know, you go from pulling cable or installing wire whatever you doing, to all of a sudden on the radio with the legend himself and talking to millions of us. Anyways, you got enjoy you meet Friday, have a good weekend, take care of guys, go.
Speaker 2: Back, Thank you, Matt, Marvin shocked. I wasn't going for this.
Speaker 10: I was just a BRG in the first day, maybe the first few months I had to call it unsmooth.
Speaker 2: But hopefully I've gotten comfortable with you guys, so that's what then what ended up happening? Yeah, and we've got comfortable with you John Mayer all the time now.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mitch in Panama City, Hi Mitch, Hey.
Speaker 11: Dan, thanks for taking my call. Yeah six two, first first time caller, a long time listener. I wanted to hit on the songs as a Gator fan. Obviously we've got Tom Petty locked down. Being from Gainesville, but the song Country Roads is actually about not about West Virginia, but about the western Virginia, hence the Shnandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains which are located there where West Virginia is actually the Appalachian Mountain range. So the stirred up a little bit before Friday ends having good weekend, guys.
Speaker 2: And enjoy Thank you Mitch. A lot of response to teams can or schools can only use the music from somebody who is from that area, and that probably takes away a lot of music from certainly colleges and you know some of the pro teams. Yes, Paul are Seaton. The Blue Ridge Mountains, by the way, also part of the Appalachian Mountains, get them. Not really a big difference there, Okay, all right, this Dane sports history.
Speaker 9: Nineteen eleven, Ray Haroun won the first Indianapolis Sweepstakes five hundred mile auto race became the Indiapolis five hundred Guess what his top speed was in nineteen.
Speaker 2: Eleven, seventy seven miles an hour, give you bonus points eighty two miles an hour. Nice job.
Speaker 9: Nineteen seventy voting for Baseball's All Star Game was returned to the fans. In nineteen eighty one Prime Dodgers. The LA Dodgers became the quickest to a million fans to attend games in a season. It took only twenty two games to get a million in attendants.
Speaker 2: Carvel Bama Roll hit a ball that shattered a clock at Ebott's Field and the ball stayed inside the clock. The players, I guess supposed to be the inspiration for Roy Hobbs home run in the natural. That's what we learned today. Looking to get more out of your car washed, try McGuire's new hybrid ceramic washing wax in a bucket or a foam cannon boost protection with extreme water beating technology. The next time you wash your car truck, McGuire's reflect your passion.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Anthony who has been with me up here in Maine. Did a great job. All the dan Ets, Todd Seat and Marv Paul the back room guys, have a great weekend. Talk to you Monday.