Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star in Frasco.
Speaker 2: The Dallas Cowboys Tyler.
Speaker 1: And now your host Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Today is Thursday, April twentieth, twenty twenty three, and officially one week.
Speaker 4: Out from the NFL Draft in Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Line, the only beer.
Speaker 4: Of the Dallas Cowboys. It's Miller Time.
Speaker 3: As we welcome you back into the SWBC studios. We've got Ryan brot us Zach Waltschuk, Ayisha Morrison, Chris Beam is back in the building, Jasmine Marshall back there doing a great job as well. I'm Kyle Yeomans. All right, one week out here we go. Buckle up everybody, but we hadn't been buckled in already.
Speaker 5: I mean, man, I'm getting buckled in now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're just now getting strapped in.
Speaker 2: Do you guys feel like you're getting a pretty decent handle where some things might go, Not just so much for the Cowboys, but just kind of what positions you think where maybe some runs are gonna happen. You got anybody people going to trade up for? Talking about that, got any of those guys in mind. I mean, I definitely think we're gonna see the first round.
Speaker 4: What do you got the.
Speaker 5: Crazy first round? What do you I don't know. I talked about Houston, right, Yeah. Two, I think the crazy team that might make this very interesting is Tennessee. It seems like the Titans have been hunting quarterbacks in Minnesota. We got the report that they were flirting with maybe another quarterback trade option San Francisco. I think, much like we saw last year with AJ Brown, Hollywood Brown, you had Night one trades. They it might be players, you know, maybe that's when you see a Hopkins trade happen, you know, for instance. So now I think, more than ever, it's not just about hey, what is there a player that a team wants to trade up for? It's our team's moving picks to acquire veterans, which we haven't seen a ton of. Last year was really the start of that.
Speaker 6: It's funny that you mentioned Tennessee because if you saw them this past offseason, they had a lot of guys that were if I'm not mistaken, like even Derrick Henry at some point in time they were talking about they were kind of shopping yet what I mean, yeah, so and then they have I feel like they have other defensive players as well that people were interested in, like, Hey, is this guy going to be a free agent? What is he going to do? So they do have some people on their team that have value. The Titans are no sleepers, Like at the offensive side is where they struggled predominantly because of the quarterback. It sounds like they feel like they know what they have and h is a elite will.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they like what they have there.
Speaker 6: Alis don't miss somebody else say, I was just trying to throw it out.
Speaker 3: I think he's still a quarterback that can develop and he'll be okay. But when it comes to their future, they really think that they can win now Tennessee can. So if you need to be aggressive, you need to go up and get somebody. That's one place that could possibly see that happen.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you where I would be if the things that I'm studying right now, and I used to be in the pro side of things. So you've got to figure out what team's needs are and what they're gonna do. Worry now about teams trading ahead of you. You know who who behind you can trade up? Kansas City super aggressive, Philadelphia, super aggressive, New Orleans, super aggressive Cincinnati. You know, you call Cincinnati and say, hey, Duke Brian brought us here, you know, Duke Tobin.
Speaker 7: Then hey Brian, how's it going? Oh great? Well, just want to make sure your phone work.
Speaker 2: You know, usually Cincinnati is not a team that will move, you know, Buffalo, there's another team you know maybe maybe you know, teams are trying to find those pockets where their players that they really really like are going to potentially fall, and then how do you get to that spot.
Speaker 7: To get there?
Speaker 2: So if you're the Cowboys, you have to do your homework in this one. Maybe somebody coming from the second round, uh, you know, Indianapolis. We'll see what they do up at the top of the board. There's there's talk to I mean, we've seen some stuff. I know on our show on one oh five to three the Fan yesterday, we talked about, or maybe a couple of days ago about Bill Barnwall I think did a thing of possible trades, and one of the trades was Indianapolis coming from thirty five to Dallas at twenty six, and then you picked up a pick one oh six, which is a fourth round. Now, okay, this is where it's interesting. If you're interested in doing that, I'll say it interesting a lot there.
Speaker 5: That's okay, but it is interesting.
Speaker 7: It is interesting.
Speaker 2: I say it that many times if you're interested in that kind of a trade, if you're going to fall out of the first and go to thirty and go to thirty five and to pick up one o six. The way the draft breaks down is round one is the first night, two and three the second night, and then Saturday, when we really start the marathon, will be the start of round four. Round four. You tell me that pick at one oh six, that's the fourth pick to start the day.
Speaker 6: Set the table.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boom boom.
Speaker 2: And maybe it's one of those things too where you look at it and you say, what might be worth it to us to drop back to that thirty five pick up one oh six And you're now you're kind of cooking with grease a little bit there, because you got you got that pick at one o six and then you've got your own pick down there at one twenty nine. So if it's worth it to you, to entertain like that. I always felt like when you were dealing with the start of the fourth round, it was to start that day. People weren't gonna let you in because they're guys that might have been on their board in the third round that now they're sleeping on it. Yeah, now they're the draft is over after night too, and they're looking at their board and they're going, we still got some second round guys up on that board. We got a third round guy up on that board. We need to go get well.
Speaker 3: Think about last year specifically, they really wanted a tight end going into round number four, and then the first pick of the fourth round Kate Otton boom off the table. A couple picks later, Daniel Bellinger boom off the table. I mean, if they go up and they set the table for day three last year, they might get one of those tight ends that they probably coveted more so than Jake Ferguson. They feel good about Jack, but they liked Otton and they liked Bellinger.
Speaker 2: I'm interested, and you're absolutely right. I am interested in trading with teams like Houston, Arizona, Indy and maybe Seattle because what that does I don't want to trade with teams that are in the back end of the draft because the picks. When we start to talk about the Indie pick that we just mentioned, that's the top of the fourth round. Sure, I'm not interested in your bottom of the round, fourth round pick.
Speaker 7: That's almost like a five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want some value if I'm going to move, if I'm going to give up a fifth year option, and maybe you give up a fifth year option. The thing about it is, I don't know if they'll give up a fifth year option for a running back. Now if Bjeon Robinson, if it looks like that Bjon and I think I honestly do believe they will take b Jeon Robinson if he's there twenty six.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just think they will.
Speaker 5: Oh, it might be the best value pick of the entire first round, but you.
Speaker 2: Need you need his fifth year option. It's got to be part of the equation, you know. Somebody has to really make you want to get out of there to give that up. I think there's certain positions you can give up the fifth year option and they're okay, like guard, guard, tight end, you know, stuff like that. I think running back, wide receiver, quarterbacks, those guys. Yeah, you want that fifth year option because you want that extra year of control. So to me, the fifth year option, if if if Robinson's sliding in their in their intent, that might make that might be hard for them to move. If Robinson's gone, I think they can make that trade and then they could still grab the guard or the tight end that they want it at thirty five.
Speaker 3: So if you're talking best case scenario for a team that wants to trade up and you fall back into the front part of the second round, would it be beat Jean sitting there at at twenty six or would it be one of these quarterbacks, Like let let's say a Handon Hooker falls to twenty six, he's still on the board. Yeah, teams want that extra year, extra year because he's not gonna play.
Speaker 2: I think I think I think Zach when he did the mock draft and and he picked Tendon Hooker, and we all kind of looked at each other and went, all right, that's.
Speaker 7: That's that's kind of fun, kind of creative. I think it's reality now.
Speaker 2: I think it's reality for some teams that that you know, like I say, the team that I would worry, the team that I would worry behind me. You know that, like I say, those teams could be super aggressive in the way they do it. And but you know, look at a team like what if Seattle. You know what if Seattle goes through there. Now, Seattle's got a couple of a couple of picks in this thing that that they can you know, they can, they can if they need a quarterback or talk about getting a quarterback. They kind of got those couple of picks to work for they are five and twenty. Yeah, but they could also they could also be a team that trades back into this thing as well. Yeah, you know, And so that's kind of where but I would be worried if I'm the Cowboys, if I'm the Pro Department, you know, the guys upstairs. I'm trying to gauge the teams behind me, what their needs are, who potentially could be there when we're doing these mock drafts and we're and start to plot that maybe that we might get traded ahead of if we're we're if we're wanting to sit on some of these guys, well, let's let's play.
Speaker 4: Around with some of those scenarios a little bit.
Speaker 3: Because even if you do stick in at twenty six and you pick, there's gonna be positions that you I don't want to say neglect, but you just push a little bit further down the way, because if you pick a tight end, you don't have to really pick tight end the rest.
Speaker 4: Of the day.
Speaker 3: But you might have to go pick up an offensive lineman. You may have to go pick up a corner or a linebacker especially. So I want to give some Day two, Day three options for if the Cowboys take their roadmap one way with positions in the first round, got and how you could kind of be valued in the second round. And I'm want to start with offensive line. Let's say the Cowboys do not pick an offensive lineman in the first round.
Speaker 2: Offensive lineman being a tackle or guard or just a guard.
Speaker 4: We'll say, we'll say a tackle or a guard.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, okay, I think I think both are on the table here, right. Okay, So let's say offensive line they do not pick one in the first round, which looks to be.
Speaker 4: A possibility, not a likelihood.
Speaker 3: What are some day to Day three guys you would feel very comfortable with being on your football team.
Speaker 2: I think they would absolutely take Zavala from North Carolina State, the guard that that Ayisha has put us up a long time.
Speaker 7: A long time ago. Zavala.
Speaker 2: I think Bradford from LSU would be a consideration there. Steen, the tackle from Alabama, I think would be a consideration there as well.
Speaker 6: Talk to me about Talk to me, y'all, Talk to y'all, talk me into Bradford.
Speaker 5: I'm all about Bradford.
Speaker 6: Somebody do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the fourth round I would be all about him. He doesn't look like an amazing athlete, but I think he moves well enough to get out in space. He plays with a ton of power, does a good job of pulling across the line to pick up will Anderson, and he blocked him really well. I think he gets mean. He is a mean blocker. He will pancake in the run game. He's got a good base, makes up for poor positioning, but gives a little shoved to knock down a rusher if they get by him. He needs see it better with his hand fighting. That was the one thing about him. But I thought, you know, you're playing against a big talented player like a Jalen Carter. In the SEC championship game, he really wowed me in that one. He stood out, he flashed and I think Anthony Bradford. To me, if you were to not get one of your guys in the first or second round, that would be my number one guard target in the fourth.
Speaker 2: Okay, So to me, if it was guard targets, I mean, I I like what you're saying. I should you have something that did you see him and not? Do you have an opinion that you're going the.
Speaker 7: Other way on?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: I just I just want to know more about him, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Would all right now if you're if you're talking about would you take a tackle? I mentioned Steen. I think Bergeron is gone in the third round. So to me, if you told me, if you told me like, okay, I could get Bergeron. If Bergeron or Bradford's there in the third or Zavala, I'm taking Bergeron's who I'm taking.
Speaker 5: Let me throw out this name for you guys. This would be a Day three Player's got one after you me later.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: And this, this guyd to me is being slept on a little bit. Ryan Hayes from Michigan. Okay, big guy, six foot seven. I saw him throw people around, man, I watched him against Penn State.
Speaker 4: I have him right now.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: Probably the fifth that's I have him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have him as player one't eighty two, So go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I mean interrupt, No, And I think he'd be great Valve Brown. He's got a good bays. He's athletic, he can get out in space, gets to the second level. I thought he dominated van Ness in the Iowa game.
Speaker 4: He fires off the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: I'm just fires off the ball. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: Shots drives in the run game. He's got power. I mean, heck. He was a starter for two college football playoff teams there at Michigan at left tackle. And to me, he's one of those guys you look at experience, and you know, we saw this with running son at Michigan as well.
Speaker 7: Got I scouted his dad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well guess what, he's a starter in the NFL now, And he went late Day three because people thought, oh, he's not that athletic, he's too tall. I think Ryan Hayes is a better prospect.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I to me that I think you got the guy absolutely right. He's he was a start at left tackle for Michigan. I think he will project to the right side. Okay, as if what I would have to guess because to me, I mean, he will surprise you with his the movement that he gets in the running game. And I felt like that, you know, the combo block stuffs really got.
Speaker 7: I think that's super important with what you have to do with.
Speaker 2: I think there's some balance and position issues, but not to the point where he's gonna end up on the ground right, you know. And so that's where I kind of felt like, I don't know if I want him on the left side, but maybe as a right tackle that but he does run his guy past the quarterback. I mean, he is going to not let that guy just have a free shot at his guy. So you know, but watch that Iowa game exactly what you're talking about. You know, he gave up a little ground, but he kept himself between the defendant of the quarterback. So I man, I I don't I think you're absolute right. I think the fifth round, if you're looking at a guy like that six ' six, we're a really good offensive line playing a lot of big games.
Speaker 7: I don't think Ryan Hayes is a bad get there.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Also too, I mean I gave him crap when we first started the show because of all the smiling, but Blake Freeland out a BYU, I know because of the.
Speaker 7: Same bottle of wine.
Speaker 3: For those guys are shot them touching tags. It's seventeen and eighteen, very similar.
Speaker 10: Both guys.
Speaker 5: They lacked the bend right, yeah, because they're so tall so they can get a little upright. But I think both show pretty good athleticism for this painting. I should go painting.
Speaker 6: Oh absolutely, he tested super well, obviously, but I felt like, I feel like his arms are long enough to kind of deal with some of those, uh those edge rushers and keep him at bay. His initial punch is good, he can gather the contact. I said, I didn't. I didn't hate his pad level the thought the way I thought I would when I'm telling you when I when I Brian talked about it, I thought he was well. I saw how he tested the combine. Very bar to ignore how well he tested. If I'm not mistaken, he has some lineage like his family's athletes or something like that. So but when you look at tape, you say, yeah, he's tall, so is he gonna deal with the same Similar to kind of how you feel about Dwan Jones, Like I'm scared about these edgy bendy speed rushers coming on coming across and the world coming around him. But uh, I think his uh, he's gonna win with his lateral lateral quickness, his feet.
Speaker 2: That's you got him. Movement is key to this guy's game. It is not about I mean, but I said, for a tall guy, I didn't see great knee bend. I know did He's a little stiff and he's he's six ' eight, Brian, what the hell you expect?
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, that's the kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But I think he needs to be the scheme where it's more athletic based than power based, yes, if that makes sense right, And I think Hayes is the opposite.
Speaker 5: I think Hayes plays more power.
Speaker 4: He's more of a power.
Speaker 6: Guys well, which is what I personally feel like a lot of it dependent on the flavor, like you talk about your ice cream, is what I think a lot of offenses are looking for more athletic offensive line because the guys, even the guys that have power, we're excited about their power, But how well do your feet move like that? That's the problem that people worry about. What Osar's torrents and stuff like, how well do you do you move? Yeah? I see the power, but can you get to the second level. We're doing a lot of stuff in space and stuff in this and this NFL. So yeah, these offensive linemen do need to be athletes. I think this guy could be in the fifth round. I mean, I know a lot of people have him in the in the like later rounds, but I think he can be late fourth, fifth round.
Speaker 4: I've got I don't think you're I don't think you're wrong. I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I'll throw one more name at you. I had one though, Okay, you go for it.
Speaker 7: So I know we're in the sport code today.
Speaker 4: It looks Hey, thanks man.
Speaker 3: Jalen Duncan, offensive tackle from Maryland L Day two.
Speaker 6: Guys, he was a guy. He was a guy that Brian was kind of interested in early but fell I think he kind of felt.
Speaker 5: People kind of pushed him down the border line to hear it.
Speaker 7: You want to hear it from Maryland? Right? I got I got him in the fourth round.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got him.
Speaker 2: He's player one thirty six for me on my on my board. So let you want me, just you want me to get you, let me keep Duncan here. Uh, Jalen done a great way of spelling. Jalen by the way, j A E. L y in love that perfect Uh. He's the start left tackle for the Terps. He does does it look as big on tape as he's listed. He's got really good He's a really good foot athlete. The movement for a man his size, he's a movement to his game. He gets away with the lot from the line of scrimmage, absolutely no problem, no wasted movement, no laboring at all. Kicks back and position, balance with hands are in position, He's ready to strike.
Speaker 7: The balance, the body control is all there.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't see a guy that gets over the tops of his toes and gets top heavy.
Speaker 7: The base is ready to go.
Speaker 2: He could get some movement in the running game, he gets his block, keeps his feet going. You know, he's got no problems to require the blocks that require him to reach or to cut off or to pull or any.
Speaker 7: Of that stuff.
Speaker 2: So the only thing is I kind of dinged him on is when he does get in space, he will locate his guy.
Speaker 7: But he needs a little bit better sustain a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know that sometimes you get that one shot and then you kind of fall off. That happens to him sometimes in space. But my final line was big time athlete.
Speaker 5: For the position, very athletic, and I don't know, I wonder if you agree with this. I did have a note that bull rushers will power him back into the lap of the quarterback.
Speaker 6: He loves his chest open sometimes play. Yeah, yeah, he loves his chest open sometimes. Sometimes I think the hand fighting can get him, but he did. If I'm not heard right, he was working in Dallas, training here in Dallas, those guys, so he might be. He's in close, in close proximity somewhat, so I like that on the radar.
Speaker 4: Just ben eye on him. That's kind of why.
Speaker 7: He's a good player and real good athlete for sure.
Speaker 3: And I love working with you guys because my pros for him are his best rate is control and balance, like what Brian just said, and my cons are play strength and hand placements.
Speaker 7: If that's the case, if you're agreeing with us, then.
Speaker 5: I don't know, get on this.
Speaker 2: You want to be a little bit like, aha, we you don't always agree with us, and then that way when it turns out she's right and we're wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do want to get to Twitter on the twenty quickly. But you had another name, Yeah, just one name. And this is a small school cat, all right, Grand Valley State.
Speaker 4: Quinton Barrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Quinton Barrow, small school.
Speaker 7: I watched.
Speaker 5: I was only able to find a couple of games on him. He's a tackle, he started at left tackle.
Speaker 7: Can you tell me what their nicknames are?
Speaker 5: I think he's a guard. Grand Valley State, don't ask me questions. Lakers, the Lakers, Lakers perfect, that's I guess there's a bunch of lakes there in the Grand Valley. I was about to say, there is again que U I N T O N and then Barrow. And he's the guy that moves his feet really well. He's in solid base. I think he looks athletic enough to be able to move in space and poll. He's got a good skill set to work with like he's a developmental player. I think he needs to improve his hand fighting, but he stays in front of his guy who wins a lot of one v one opportunities. I think he's a fifth rounder that has value at guard with upside, So I'd kick him inside. I wouldn't play him at tackle, but as a small school prospect. I like him quite a bit.
Speaker 2: He's six ' five, he's three thirty, and you're right. He was a left tackle for the Lakers. He doesn't give up any ground when you watch him, what.
Speaker 7: He's gonna take over? You have, Anthony Davis, are you having Are you having basketball flashbacks over there? I heard you on the radio talking Golden State Warriors last night. People don't know, like just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she knows more about this basketball stuff, but you don't. I could tell you what you were talking about to apologize, don't.
Speaker 7: You don't hide your feelings about that.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: But this guy's got.
Speaker 2: Excellent awareness and blocking vision. When you watch him play, I mean he's pick he's always looking for someone to hit. He does have a nasty attitude because he'll try and finish his guys off. He buries opponents. He played in the East West game and he's not the most polished blocker. But I think he's got the right attitude about blocking.
Speaker 4: Oh, I like it. Small school guys.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hit some small school guys in the third segment as well.
Speaker 4: Maybe some of these guys over there under the radar. We're gonna hit it in the third segment.
Speaker 3: But when we come back, we got some Twitter on the twenty You're gonna want to stick around. This is the best Twitter on the twenty segment we've.
Speaker 4: Had all year long. And I'll tell you why when we come back right after this.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboys fans, if you're looking for a full time or part time job, check out Liberty Tax, proud partner of the Dallas Cowboys. If you've got tax experience and want to help your community with their finances, you're the perfect candidate. No tax experience. We also offer in person tax school courses locally. Liberty Tax has seventy nine locations across DFW and two three hundred offices nationwide. Learn more about our job opportunities at libertytax dot com, slash hiring, or call your local Liberty Tax office today.
Speaker 12: Craving something flavorful, replace that bloated burrito feeling with Smoothieking's new powermeal smoothies. With three delicious flavors like cinnamon, banana, blueberry, raspberry, and spinach pineapple, you can fill up on flavor, not calories. Each meal replacement smoothie is packed with twenty grams of protein seven grams of fiber. And twenty three vitamins and minerals all under three hundred fifty calories with zero grams of added sugar. So next time you want something flavorful, swap fast food for a powermeal smoothie. Order today on the Smoothieking. Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between.
Speaker 7: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 8: Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center.
Speaker 7: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 13: What do you call a group of grown men and women with their faces painted silver and blue who get together every week to share a three hour long ritual of jumping, sinking, and toasting Miller Lite and tim Gallon hats while yelling how about them Cowboys. You call it Miller Time in Dallas. Here's to the Cowboys, Here's to the original Light Beer. It's Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly two only one Miller Brewing Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the official beer of the Dallas Cowboys, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And it's time now for some Twitter.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing.
Speaker 3: This is the best Twitter on the twenty of the entire season, because you know what draft season is about, surprises, huh.
Speaker 2: And I've got a surprise for you guys, live from the actual home.
Speaker 4: Of the Lakers out on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: Not only is he a friend of the Draft Show, but he's also a rising star in the media and a former Dallas Cowboys dot Com staff writer.
Speaker 7: We have mister David Hellman on the show.
Speaker 10: What's up, Dave?
Speaker 4: Holly Woo?
Speaker 10: Can I can I just tell y'all something real quick?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 9: Every time I check in on the show, like I'm out here in regular media land, where you know, if you're talking draft, it's b Jon Robinson or quarterbacks and every time I check in on the show, y'all are telling me about a guard from Grand Valley. That is the value of the Draft show, right there, Like miss me, miss me with all the cliche stuff, and just tell me about some badasses from the meac.
Speaker 2: You know that bus league. Man, you got to grab a player or two from the bus league, right you know?
Speaker 7: Got that.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm totally I'm gonna take everything I just learned in the first segment and pretend like I watched all those guys, so I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You know, David, I remember this about you when you came to work at dallascowboys dot com. Like nobody wanted you on a show, but you we took you on the Draft Show. So you're a big, big You're a big part of this man. You're a big part of what we do.
Speaker 10: You know, you're now.
Speaker 2: You're on TV making hundreds of millions of dollars because you were on the Draft Show.
Speaker 10: Of millions.
Speaker 9: Let's not let's not let's not exact rate, all right, let's not do that.
Speaker 10: But no, but I think you know that's a good point. Maybe that's why I love the Draft so much.
Speaker 9: As it was the first like home I found in football media, and I'm glad that. I'm glad y'all obviously I'm glad y'all are carrying it on. But like, yeah, like I'm loving the new cast. I love, you know, people getting the shot to show their stuff. Y'all are killing it. Man, this is awesome.
Speaker 4: I love the tour that we're getting him here.
Speaker 7: What it's like, it's Blair Witch project right now? What are you doing?
Speaker 10: Do you all have? I didn't realize you're on camera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're camera.
Speaker 2: You're drinking whiskey and you're and you're on camera, so you like the hood up it's coffee.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well I'm glad y'all told me that before I like changed outfits for today.
Speaker 2: We got to know, you gotta go put on that royal blue blazer you wear with the green scarf for something years.
Speaker 9: It's my my glamorous, my glamorous Los Angeles apartment.
Speaker 4: It's sideways day.
Speaker 7: It's sideways in the Sideways camp going Dave. Yeah, it's like you're a villainy batman and there you go. I'm thirty four.
Speaker 10: He doesn't cooperate with me the way it used to.
Speaker 2: All Right, hey, you said National Media. You talked about Bijon. Are you are people totally buying into all that? I kind of we all feel like that the Cowboys are will take him if he's there at twenty six. Do you feel the same way? Are you kind of dancing somewhere else?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: I mean, if if Bijon's there, I think the Cowboys would run to the podium, unless unless something crazier happens, Like I don't know, you know, if if if like a Jackson Smith and Jigbu fell twenty six or something crazy like that, maybe you think about it. But I have a feeling, Jon No, I know for a fact Bijon's gonna start being the best prospect on the board after like the eighth PI or maybe even earlier than that.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I absolutely think Cowboys would do it. I just think you lose me when you're talking about like trading up into the teens. Yeah, to do it.
Speaker 9: That's and that's kind of that's the smoke screen that seems to be going on right now.
Speaker 10: But that's what I love about.
Speaker 9: That's what I love about the Draft show is like I mean, y'all know y'all have cut through the bs, like weeks ago, and I will say it seems like it's harder than ever to know what the Cowboys are doing.
Speaker 10: Whether that's a credit to Mike McCarthy or whoever. But even still, I think, I think.
Speaker 9: If you listen to this show, you have a much better idea of what to expect than most. And yeah, if Bjon's there, I think they would do it. But other than that, I'm not expecting anything crazy.
Speaker 3: What if Bjon's not available, if he's not there at all and he goes kind of where he's expected, like maybe in those teens and the Cowboys stick and pick a twenty six, who do you think would be the most likely from the outside looking in like this, of where they could end up being making that pick? Okay, So I mean sitting down by the way, I was really I was really worried about you man.
Speaker 10: When your you and your motion, you and your motions.
Speaker 2: I was I was getting, you know exactly what I was thinking, exactly.
Speaker 7: He knows, exactly knows me, he knows when he's moving around like that, I couldn't even watch.
Speaker 10: Yeah, can you get okay? Can I just use this space.
Speaker 4: And talk about a player what I want?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what I'm gonna.
Speaker 10: Like, We've all we all know about the tight ends. We all know.
Speaker 9: I think Darnell Wright is obviously a name that's gotten a lot of attention in the last like week, week or two.
Speaker 10: But the two names. If I could wave a.
Speaker 9: Magic wand and put a guy on the team, uh, the two, I'll say too because they played the same position. I love Smith and even more realistically than that, just reading tea leaves and connecting the dots and you know, talking to people back in Dallas, Will McDonald would make me incredibly happy.
Speaker 10: And it sounds like it sounds like the DC loves him.
Speaker 9: Obviously dan quinn worked him out, just like he worked out Sam Williams last year.
Speaker 10: I think Will McDonald is a badass.
Speaker 9: I think he would be there. I think he fits what dan quinn likes to do. I watched him at Iowa State. I don't really think they knew what they were doing with him. Say that I would be I would be ecstatic about that pick. I think you know, we sit here and say, oh, you don't really have any needs, take the best guy available. Well, Will McDonald plays a premium position. You wouldn't need him to do a Ton right away because obviously the pass rush has plenty of veterans, but the long term future of DeMarcus Lawrence is a question mark. Dante Fowler is only back for one year, one hundred percent know what you have in sam uh and I just I love the thought of having pass rushers, So either one of those two, Nolan Smith.
Speaker 10: Or Will McDonald would make me very very happy.
Speaker 9: But I have I feel like there's more smoke about Will McDonald, like I haven't.
Speaker 10: I haven't really heard.
Speaker 9: Anything about Nolan Smith and the Cowboys, although the way the Cowboys have played it.
Speaker 10: The last few years, maybe that's a good thing.
Speaker 9: They've done a much better job at keeping it close to the chest than they did in previous years.
Speaker 2: Do they, Dave, do you think that maybe they they feel like that Nolan Smith might not be there that kind of a do they do that? Maybe that's why we're not here in a bunch of the smoke, because there's not a lot of smoke about Jon Robinson either other than you know, the stuff that people in the national level and what we're talking about here in the draft show.
Speaker 7: But is it one of those things where they're like, could it.
Speaker 2: Be ceedee lamb all over in that draft where all of a sudden one of those guys shows up and if you just hand the card in and away we go.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and everything I know about Nolan Smith is he's the tie.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: I don't get the impression you need to do a ton of homework on him, Like he seems like a high character kid, high football IQ kid. Yeah, that's possible. I think he's interesting to me because his size. You know, he's only like two hundred and thirty five hundred and forty pounds. His size, like the range of where he like where he falls is all over the place. Like some people have him as like a surefire top fifteen pick. Some people think of him more in Dallas's range because of the size. I don't think he should be there when the Cowboys pick, But if he is, I would be very, very excited if they draft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a party for Nolan Smith. Are you anti tight end in the first round?
Speaker 6: I can feel the anti day. I can feel it through the phone.
Speaker 10: No, that's not true. That okay, So here's my thing.
Speaker 9: It's the It's honestly, it's very similar to Bijon Robinson and I actually wrote a story about it for Fox. The other I guess a month or so ago at this point is just I mean, yeah, the track record of first round tight end sucks.
Speaker 10: There's no way around it. It's not good.
Speaker 9: But the same way we talk about there being a massive difference between drafting Bijon at twenty six and drafting Zeke at four. I mean we say this every single year, there's only like sixteen or seventeen first round grades. Like, yeah, pick twenty six is first round in name only, So I don't I don't hate drafting a tight end, although I will say this is just me.
Speaker 10: I feel like Brian may be gonna argue with me.
Speaker 9: I don't know, but you know, give me, Michael, give me the sure thing, Like if that's what we're doing.
Speaker 10: Give me Michael Mayer. Give me the ready made guy that can do it all right away. Like I don't want don't don't draft trades guy. Don't draft trades.
Speaker 9: Guy at twenty six, Like, don't draft project guy. Or you know, Luke musk Graves, the guy who barely played because of injuries. I'm terrified of Dalton Kincaid. I'm terrified of Luke Muskgrave is maybe not a sexy pick.
Speaker 7: But Kinkaid. The problem with Kinkaid is it the back? Is it something like that?
Speaker 9: I mean, the back doesn't the back doesn't help. But then I watched a few of his games. I'm not gonna lie and say I watched like every game he's played, but I watched a handful of games and I was like, this guy is the same problem with every young tight end ever, which is to say, like he doesn't help you in the running game at all, which say what you will, but you know, the Cowboys want to do that. Like it's fine for you and me to say, so what, he's going to stretch the seam, But you got to draft for the team that you I mean, you're drafting for the team that you have, and the Cowboys want to run the hell out of the ball. Mike McCarthy said it himself. So I don't want the guy who you're gonna get down inside the ten yard line and he's not going to be able to help. He's gonna, like, you know, be playing ola like a bullfighter with with defenders.
Speaker 10: No thank you.
Speaker 9: I don't think. I don't think Don kincaid is a plus blocker. And the injury bothers me, So yeah, give me I mean of the of the big ones. I'd be happy with Darnell Washington too, Like, give me the guys that can actually help in the run game in.
Speaker 10: Addition to being very good receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he lit us up.
Speaker 2: And in the SEC Championship game catching the ball down the middle of the field and stuff. I mean every time you watch Washington a red zone, Yeah, he's tough like that.
Speaker 7: Dave.
Speaker 2: They real quick on the Like, I'm interested about the quarterbacks with you, with Hindon Hooker Richardson, who you taken of those kind of those those two guys, if just from the quarterback perspective.
Speaker 10: Uh, where where are we talking about?
Speaker 4: I'm just talking about, how who do you like?
Speaker 2: If you had to take Hindon Hooker or you had to take Richardson, which one would you take? Because there's people that think, did you take either the first round to take either one of them?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think after a certain point, like Annony Richardson scares the hell out of me because again, I mean again, Brian, you and I are SEC football fanatics.
Speaker 10: I mean I'm wearing an LSB hoodie right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I My thing with quarterbacks is like, at some point I would like to see it.
Speaker 10: I would actually like to see it in a game. I would like to see you.
Speaker 9: I think in order to be a top tier quarterback prospect, you should have at some point lifted your program to a level that it hasn't been before.
Speaker 10: And I like, that's why I was anti Daniel Jones.
Speaker 9: I was anti I was anti Josh Allen, which that one obviously I blew up in my face, But like, I want to see you do it at the college level to spend a big pick on you.
Speaker 10: So Anthony Richardson scares the hell out of me.
Speaker 4: But like, if you're.
Speaker 10: Talking outside the top twenty, all bets are off.
Speaker 9: Like after that point, I would, of course I would take a chance on his on his physical abilities like that they're too He's too talented to ignore after a certain point.
Speaker 10: But it's just like the top five is where I'm like, are you doing here?
Speaker 9: Like I've watched this guy play and I just feel like I should have seen it if he was really worth that type of pick.
Speaker 5: All right, So while you wrapped your LSU Tiger gear, I got to ask you about Kishan Bute. He might be one of the more confusing prospects in this class. He could end up being maybe the best.
Speaker 6: Receiver we haven't talked about him Mayne, or he.
Speaker 5: Could be out of the freaking league in a couple of years.
Speaker 9: If you had asked me this question in September, I would have been like, Yeah, first round pick, top of the line, what are we.
Speaker 10: Even talking about?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 10: Like I think starting in the fourth round.
Speaker 9: I think you talk about it because the talent, Like, there is talent, there, there's production.
Speaker 10: You know, he's one of the best receivers in the league for two years.
Speaker 9: But like turn on the twenty twenty two tape and I don't see it, Like the concentration isn't there, the attention to detail, just like drop after drop after drop.
Speaker 10: He had a few good games.
Speaker 9: He had really nice game against Florida, but like, like the concentration, I think, I think being such a big time prospect completely went to his head, you know, like they lost a game and he like deleted his Instagram and then he didn't play in the Bowl game because of some off field stuff, which if you want to have a fun afternoon, search that on the internet and see.
Speaker 7: What comes out.
Speaker 5: Atlanta a lot of trains.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, he had. He had a good time in Atlanta. From what it sounds like, I would not. I would. I've said this a million times.
Speaker 9: If you're an old school listener of the show, I owe it to you to say it at least once. Like, the top one hundred are the picks that I really value on a different level, I would not spend a top one hundred pick on him, like I said, starting in like the fourth round. You could talk me into it because of the body of work, but like, I don't feel good about it. And it's it sucks too because, like I said, I think he was on his way to being a top twenty pick and the wheels completely fell off.
Speaker 10: On field production and like off field ability too.
Speaker 2: Dave, I'm gonna make your head explode even more now, Eli Ris it went from l s U to Alabama, So.
Speaker 5: I mean an Dave, tell him no, go Tigers, we got some go.
Speaker 10: Wait what do you what do you think about Rix Brian?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what you watched the Mississippi State game. You would take him in the You would take him in the first round. The way he played in that football that.
Speaker 7: Was the best game. Yeah, And the thing about it.
Speaker 10: Is okay, what about all the other games?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm saying, though there's there's there's games where I to me, I don't think you've seen this guy play a lot of football. That's the problem I have with this guy. But but you know how I always we always when we were working together, David, it was always like if you see it once, you can see it again kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I think this guy is all over the board. I really do.
Speaker 2: I think there's some people that really really like him, you know, for his ability, the link the way he plays, and then there's something like oh no mom, dad, or too involved this that and the other, you know kind of a thing. He's a coddled player, you know, he never could get settled. You know, why why did it not always work at Alabama? I just think he's one of those guys that to me is are really a mystery. But he's he's got ability. That's that's the thing that I'm kind of the scout in me is like, you know, looking at right now.
Speaker 9: I hate I hate to judge one player for the transgressions of another, but it just sounded like you could have just taken the name out of that and it's even similar because he started at the same school.
Speaker 10: You could take the name Joseph. It sounds like you're talking about Kelvin Joseph Barnacles. Yeah, that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 9: I mean, like, look, he's there's no doubt in my mind that he's talented. But and look like I hope anybody that knows me no, like I have an objective view about this stuff outside of the moment, Like I don't care that Eli Rich left LSU if he thought that was the best opportunity for him, but he went to a new school, struggled to find any consistency, Like wasn't a mainstay on the field all the time. And then on top of that, like by virtue of going there, I have connections at LSU. Not a whole lot great to say about him on his way out the door, and.
Speaker 10: The production's not there. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Again, like, once you get to a certain point, I think the talent is enough that you take a chance on him. But like again we're talking, I keep seeing all these mock drafts where people are drafting Eli Ricks in the top one hundred, and I'm like, aw, why that feels so rich to me?
Speaker 7: See that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Though nobody can touch that doesn't match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. It's That's the thing about it is. Do you wonder if teams are like kind of turning their turning away from the Uh you know, maybe Nick Saban is actually saying some good things about him.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't know, but could but you do watch him play.
Speaker 9: It Saban's best interest to get his players drafted, So I don't really know how much I care about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 10: I mean, look, this is this is the ultimate. This is this is me and Brian in a nutshell.
Speaker 9: Is like Brian wants to take the chance on the talented guy, and I like the safe thing, Like I want I want the guy that I feel like I'm not gonna have to worry about. And I know you can't have that every single time, but like, let that be somebody else's problem, or again.
Speaker 7: Let somebody else be a hero the draft.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, he let me have.
Speaker 9: Let me have the Michael Mayers of the world and just be like, yeah, we're gonna you know, this will be great. It's not it's boring, but we're gonna have productive football players that we don't have to worry.
Speaker 7: About So I haven't got to call you a coward then in a long time.
Speaker 10: That I am.
Speaker 9: I'm a draft coward, Brian being a cowardout Like I don't like to thank you.
Speaker 6: I just hey, David, So I wanted to ask you, by the way, but I wanted to add I know, I know, yoh. So a lot of talk about offensive line, man, Like, is there one position on the Cowboys right now that you feel like if you plug and play one of these draft players in the first round, like it's they're gonna get better, They're gonna take that next step and it can really make a difference next year. What position is it for you don't think.
Speaker 9: I mean, I mean not counting Bijon right because I think I mean if you plug him, if you plug him into that offense, I do think he would be incredibly successful. I know that that's not really the point plug and play. I mean, I think I think that's probably that's probably why I've talked myself into Michael Mayer, because I think he steps right in and is a part of that rotation immediately. Like maybe he's not a one hundred percent of the snaps player, but like sixty or more. He would be part of your twelve personnel package with Jake Ferguson. He might even I mean he might be your starting regular tight end over Jake Ferguson. I think he could step in and catch forty plus balls right away.
Speaker 10: I don't think that's a stretch.
Speaker 9: I mean, I know another guy that's really popular, like Steve, Steve Avilla, Steve Avilla, however you pronounce it from TCU like, yes, absolutely, like steps right in and upgrades the offensive line. My thing is, it's just the classic case of twenty six fields too soon and fifty eight feels too late.
Speaker 10: So I don't really know how to answer that question, but I think.
Speaker 9: He would absolutely upgrade the offensive line right away. And that's why, you know, if they did decide to draft him at twenty six. I'm at the point with these guys, and I think Tyler Smith really hammered it home last year where I'm just like, all right, do what you want to do, and I'm going to wait and.
Speaker 10: See how it plays out before I get too upset.
Speaker 9: Because I think Will McClay and his guys have earned the be benefit of the doubt. So if they were to draft somebody like him at twenty six, I would be like, Yeah, this is probably going to work and people probably aren't going to have too much to say six months from now.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, So if you want to get a little crazy with me here, Dave, sure thing, we want to fix this offensive line? Why don't we go up and go get Pete s Koronski?
Speaker 10: Why? Like, what are what are we giving up to go up? That's what I always ask.
Speaker 5: You're probably having to give up with two yep to go up and get them. But your offensive line is solidified.
Speaker 4: Just by the reaction and then the sip of the coffee. He's not interested.
Speaker 9: Here's my thing, and I'm stealing this talking point from other people. I definitely didn't come up with it.
Speaker 10: But like, no, you made it until you make it, Bryan, I gotta go. I just I think there's a whole Brian throwing me off as usual.
Speaker 9: I think there's a whole generation of cowboy fans who, you know, they saw how well it worked to just throw first round, first round picks at the offensive line, and I mean it did work, but I'm just like, how many resources do you need to use on the line?
Speaker 10: In order for it to be successful.
Speaker 9: Like, why is this team the only team that can't find badasses on day.
Speaker 10: Two and day three?
Speaker 9: And I mean, you know, Tyler Biatis has developed into a nice player, but Connor Williams and Connor McGovern never really stuck the way people wanted them to. None of the like mid round investments they've made at tackle have really worked out, from Chaz Green on down. But like, but you should be able to if you've got Zach Martin and you've got Tyler Smith and Tyron Smith is still giving you something, you should be able to find a left guard without trading up into the top twelve to do it and getting rid of another pick. By the way, the second round pick could be Cedric till Or or a tight end if you don't take a tight end in the first round.
Speaker 10: Like I just I love having those picks too much.
Speaker 9: And at some point the Cowboys should be able to find a guard somewhere other.
Speaker 10: Than the top fifteen. That's just how I feel.
Speaker 3: About And I don't think you're the only one that feels that way either. I think the people across the building probably feel that way more so than they do on the other side of it of potentially trading up and going and using those picks. Freaking cowards man, cowards right, Dave, real quickly, we got to let you go.
Speaker 4: But before we do number one draft need for the Cowboys. They have to.
Speaker 3: Leave next weekend with this position group. Who do they need to go get? And it's like a non negotiable.
Speaker 10: Having just said that, I wouldn't do that trade.
Speaker 9: I think the only non negotiable is that they've got to find some competition at.
Speaker 10: The left guard spot.
Speaker 9: Like I just if you look at the roster, that's really the only spot. Like if they don't get a cornerback, it's a problem for next year, but they can get through this year if they don't get a running back you know, Ronald Jones, Tony Pollard and Ezekiel Elliott.
Speaker 10: Like, oh season with.
Speaker 9: That, I'm just hey, I'm just saying, like every every position group on the team, defensive tackles in the same way, like would you love to add to it, of course, but can you play games with can you even? I mean again, linebacker is another spot where I think they would they need help.
Speaker 10: Don't get me wrong, but I always keep in the back of.
Speaker 9: My mind Jaron Curse and Donovan Wilson are basically linebackers anyway, Like they're at to do so much stuff in the box that when you add those two with Leyton and Clark and Cox, it's not it's not good, but it could be good enough. Whereas guard, maybe it's just because I haven't seen Udoma play yet, but I just look at left guard and I'm like, I don't think you want to play a game with what you have there, at least not without having a competition. So not saying it has to be the first round, but one of those first four picks I feel like needs to be an interior offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 3: A little breaking news from David Hellman of Fox Sports. Ezekiel Elliott is returning to the Dallas Cowboys for the twenty twenty three seats and yeah.
Speaker 10: Throw aggregate that throw that up there.
Speaker 3: No, Dave, we love you, we appreciate you, we miss you every day here on the Draft Show, we keep up with you the entire time. We're doing a fantastic job. Keep doing the good work out there, buddy.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm not kidding. I keep an eye on y'all too. I love the Draft Show. I love that y'all are still doing this. Best of luck next week.
Speaker 9: I am going to have some serious fomo when the draft rolls around and I'm not going through every pick with y'all, so.
Speaker 3: Doors always a little bit yeah, pop on any time we put on that tie, David, come on here.
Speaker 9: I'll talk to I'll talk to Beemer and see if we can work something out. But if I don't see you kill it this season, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, appreciate you, Dave. We'll talk to you soon. There we go, David Helmer.
Speaker 6: Moves you with his coffee.
Speaker 4: Now, oh coffee.
Speaker 3: And then the tour around the apartment was that was an unknown And talk about draft seasons full of surprises, that's part of that was a good surprise.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take our second break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we're gonna gives you some under the radar prospects to maybe keep an eye on the guys that David Hellman really wants to hear about these under the radar guys on day three when we come back right after this with more of the draft show.
Speaker 14: I'm Duk Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot Com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot Com is just a few taps away. Put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 7: For crypto pros, rookies.
Speaker 14: And anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trust it by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 15: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair, Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 13: What do you call a group of grown men and women with their faces painted silver and blue who get together every week to share a three hour long ritual of jumping, sinking, and toasting Miller Lite and Tim Gallon hats while yelling, how about them Cowboys?
Speaker 7: You call it Miller time in Dallas.
Speaker 13: Here's to the Cowboys, Here's to the original light beer. It's Miller time. Celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty one. Miller Brewing Company, fort Ort, Texas.
Speaker 16: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and ods with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft shows.
Speaker 4: Back here on the Draft Show, wrapping things up, presented by Miller Lte, the only pier the Dallas Cowboys. It's Miller Time.
Speaker 3: Let's dive into some of these under the radar prospects again. Special thanks to David Hellman for hopping on. Always a pleasure getting to talk with him.
Speaker 4: And I usually I want to start with you.
Speaker 3: There was a Twitter conversation that really sparked this the other day where somebody was asking about some of these small school guys, maybe even HBCUs. These these group of five maybe lower level prospects.
Speaker 4: Anybody that catch your mind, catch your eye.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I got a couple of guys, but I'm gonna start with Jadaki's Bonds wide receiver out of Hampton six four two ten. This guy can run. He can run pretty much every route and to my knowledge, and he can get behind you real quick. Like he doesn't have a lot of speed, but he just has the time and some guys just have the time and to just to get behind guys and to create separation. This gentleman can high point the ball. He has a lot of control over his body, and he's one of those guys that can contort at the very last minute and make the catch. I think he is a red zone threat. I like how fluid he is and he really trusts his hands. He's hard to tackle in the open field. I think the only thing people would be worried about is just because of his size and his frame or whatever. As far as like blocking and things like that. But I think that he could come in and be a receiver that could contribute to a team as like the.
Speaker 4: Third looks like he looks like the highlights are pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, the guy's a baller and he's he's a smart football player. He can play. I think he can play all over the field. And so you're getting a You're getting a baller that understands that he had to work his way up. Also to a lot of respect for him in the AHPCU community for what he does, and I wanted to bring attention to him. Also to Stephen F. Austin guy that I was looking at. BJ Thompsons, You're no combine invite This gentleman is a Baylor transfer transfer. He ran a four five six and is forty at twenty and a half sacks over his time there had a really good Shrine Bowl six five frame. It really pops out on the field. You see him, you just like, holy crap. I said that when I see him, his stance he looks like venom. Venom. Yeah, he and his because he pounces like almost like a like seriously, he like.
Speaker 5: He give me a venom, especially as a rush.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the explosion out of his stance is what he wins with. Dude, He's he wins with that initial step up. He has a lot of burst and his strides along. He needs to be stronger in the run game, just kind of setting the edge basic d and stuff in my opinion. And if you mentioned the competition or whatever the case may be, I mean, like I said, you can go look at him in the Shrine Bowl playing against some of the best people and you can see that he's good. And we talked to Will McLay at the combine and he mentioned the P word, which is production, and this guy has it. And like I said, also too, he has coverage ability as well. He showed the ability to drop in coverage. He's even as a d N and be fluid there, natural reactor, heck of a player. I think that he can make a difference on a team real quick because he's a past rush specialist.
Speaker 3: I called two of his games this year and in one game he had multiple sacks. In the other game he had multiple PBUs.
Speaker 4: So I mean you.
Speaker 3: Talk about production, he's doing it on both levels. And that CFA had a really good defense at the FCS level. They were really solid on that side of things, So he was a big part of that going forward. Brian, who's your guy?
Speaker 7: I want to switch it up on you.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of people talking about Marte Mapu from from Sack State, and he's a guy that's making the thirty visit circle because he didn't go to the Combine and so that's where that's where I think that people were talking about him as the Senior Bowl guy and stuff like that. He's really, really, really explosive in the way that he plays. He's a linebacker safety type of a guy. He lines up in the deep slot quite a bit. I'd say he's not afraid to hit, but I wouldn't call him a great tackler. From the games, I say he's always near the pile, but not always in the pile. I thought there was more zone coverage than man. He tends to kind of hang in the area and react from there. His time speed was four five eight, but I never really saw him cut it loosen in these games. But he appeared more explosive. And you watch him in the drills at the Senior Bowl, then you then then how he played at Sack State and they were a team. I watched him play Incarnate Word and Richmond. Those were playoff games that they were in. But the coaches swear this guy's a student of the game. Like I say, thirty visit guy. The best thing he does is come down hill and attack the ball. I'm not really sure how much you really want to put him in coverage.
Speaker 7: We'll see when he gets to the next level.
Speaker 6: I think he is. When I looked at him, IM meanly put down C. J. Goodwin replacement question mark. I think he could come in for a team and be an absolute gunner. And if you because I think he might go in the later rounds, if you wanted him to come in and be a straight up gunner, he could do it.
Speaker 5: Special teams, versatility.
Speaker 6: Special teams matters out here.
Speaker 4: In absolutely does what do you think it's Zach.
Speaker 5: I gonna give you a Princeton wide receiver Andre Yoshivash and this dude's a playmaker. I watched him against Yale, Cornell, and Harvard, and if you want to see him dominate against IVY League, lower level competition, he does just that. He's a vertical threat. He's got good long speed, He's going to high point and adjust to the football. Runs a lot of drags and crossers. He's got a feel for working underneath and getting open. I think he's got good, reliable hands. He seems like a guy that would work well, in my opinion, in a West Coast offense. The Cowboys are going to try and run. He does need to improve as a route runner. You see him kind of run the same routes over and over again. Needs to get a little bit stronger. But I think he's a very good Day three prospect that could develop into a really good value pick. Big fan of this kid out of Princeton.
Speaker 3: I like that lower level competition. Okay, I've got one. This is iikena une Chukwu from Rice. He just wanted to say. I don't think I said it right though, because my computer is currently being hacked. And yeah, that's not a nation. By the way, I don't have helmet. They sawid opportunity, bad juju and so I don't have my pronunciation guide up, but I have my scouting report up and it says explosive off the line of scrimmage and most physical player on the field and majority of his games he has a combo of strength and quickness that could.
Speaker 4: Still improve with room to grow into his frame.
Speaker 3: He wasn't clean enough with his hands to detach from blockers on the outside, mostly one with power as opposed to finesse on the other side of it. Production. You talked about Production. Two time first team All Conference USA. He was the best player on that OLS defense. And he's the first one that Mike Bloomgren I had a phone call with him earlier in the year. He's a head coach at RICE. I said, who's your glue guy, Who's the number one guy if you had to build around?
Speaker 4: He said, Unchuku is the guy. He is, my dude, A student of the game.
Speaker 3: Continue to play good and if you want to see him against high level competition, he had an impressive game when he had a sack against Heisman Trophy winner Caleb Williams. Took him down to the backfield against usc and the season opener and he had a bat of down pass in that game as well.
Speaker 7: So he plays a Rice alum too, So keep an eye.
Speaker 4: You might go get him a Rice guy. Somebody else up there is Rice. I see helmets on there. Yes, I know will is for sure.
Speaker 10: So there you go.
Speaker 7: Maybe go get your right.
Speaker 4: So a couple of things. The Kisty knight Birds.
Speaker 10: Very nice.
Speaker 7: All right, that does it for us.
Speaker 4: Next time we're on the air, it's going to be Draft Week's got that?
Speaker 3: How about we might we might have an extra show for you next week, and we might have an extra special guest for you next week week as well. We'll let you know depending on the schedule changes, but we definitely will be back next week. Is the draft is upon us for Chris being Brian brought us Zach Wilchuck, Ayisha Morrison, and our friend David Hellman out in La. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft Show. We'll see you next week. It's Draft time, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.