Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Trip is on the phone today for a first day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a girl named Bri and he really liked her and has no idea why. So we're about to call her in a minute and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Trip, how long has it been since you heard from Brie. H.
Speaker 3: It's been a couple of days now four? Okay?
Speaker 2: How many times have you reached out to her in that time?
Speaker 4: Just, you know, just a just a couple I texted her like right after her date to to see what was going on and had her come back and uh, you know, like one at a time a day later, and then I just texted her again yesterday to see if she was okay and still nothing.
Speaker 2: Why don't you tell us about your date then, Trip, How did that go?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, sure, So we met on the League. Are you guys familiar?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The League? That Yeah, it's it's like a.
Speaker 4: Higher end dating app to prove to join, and that's like business professionals and stuff, who you know want to seem.
Speaker 3: Like big things in their life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I have heard that.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you met on there. So you guys are both high powered business cards an business cards.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, you know I do, okay, and then Ritas it does pretty well too. So we yeah, you know, we'll do it all right. So, you know, we had to talking, and so we decided to go to like the higher end steakhouse for for our date. I sent out a car to pick her up, you know, really rolled out the red car carpet for you know.
Speaker 3: When it was we dropped a good term to change on this.
Speaker 4: You know, we got caviar, seafood tower, a pretty nice bottle of wine.
Speaker 3: She seemed really into all of it.
Speaker 4: She she was you know, olded up and was really excited by by getting a car to pick her up.
Speaker 2: And uh, and all of that.
Speaker 3: Conversation was good. We ate a bunch, We drank a bunch.
Speaker 4: Initially, you know, I had invited her back to my place and she said yeah, and then but you know, then she kind of changed her mind.
Speaker 3: She like stepped away to the bathroom, uh, and came back and was like, I need to go home.
Speaker 2: So she went to the bathroom, came back and said she needed to go home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, what do you think happened in that time where she said yes and I need to go home?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, really a lot and drank a lot.
Speaker 4: So I'm assumed she was a little you know, was embarrassed. Then maybe some some commy troubles we were heading her way, you.
Speaker 2: Know, oh okay, okay, felt like she got too drunk or ate much.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't think she was drunk.
Speaker 4: I think she ate too much and maybe, uh maybe maybe you know, I was worried about about what, you.
Speaker 3: Know, what I might see the next morning, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, in my bathroom, I see that's when way to aspiral? Do you I mean, do you think that's why she ghosted you though?
Speaker 4: Because yeah, I mean I can't think of anything else. Like, like I said, the conversation was great. She had initially said yes, that's coming back on my place, so I know there was nothing in the conversation that would have thrown her off. So you know, that's that's really all I can think of, and that she's like embarrassed to be that she had to say no, And so you know, has been kind of like weird because she thinks I'm I'm judging her, but like I totally am not want her to know I'm okay and that she shouldn't be embarrassed by it or anything.
Speaker 2: When the bathroom came back and then left.
Speaker 4: Basically your crew griper for like a you know, a few more kind of wrap up moments. But but she got out of there pretty quick.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, did you get her a car home?
Speaker 4: I did, of course, Like, yeah, the car, the car got her there, so like.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe she had a thing for the car guy interception.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I hope that's not the case.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I mean, who too, Like, you know, I'd be really bummed out if I got her the best looking.
Speaker 3: Car guy, you know.
Speaker 2: All right, well, we'll try to figure it out for you to play a song come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date. Okay, all right, thanks, all right, play a song, come back, get your first day follow up next.
Speaker 3: If you're just.
Speaker 2: Joining us for today's the first Day follow up trip is on the phone and he's getting ghosted from a date that he went on with a woman named Brie. And we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But before we do that trip, why don't you catch everybody up on your date with Brie. Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went to a high end steakhouse.
Speaker 4: We we really you know, ate and drank the night away, and you know, I sent a car to pick her up, and then she stepped back switch to the bathroom, came back and like, We're like, oh, I got.
Speaker 3: To go home right now.
Speaker 2: And you think maybe the reason you're getting ghosted is because she had to go to the bathroom really bad and she's embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's exactly what I think it is.
Speaker 2: All right, see if we can figure it out for you. You ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: You better believe it.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Hello, Hi, May I speak to Bree? Please? Brie? How are you? My name is Jewbell and I host a radio show. It's called the Jewbel Show. Hi, Brie, the radio show is here. My name's Nina, Hi, and I'm Victoria. How are you?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: How are you good? Do you ever listen to the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you ever heard a first date follow up before, where we call somebody who's been on a date and they've been ghosted, so we get the other person on the phone to find out why they've been ghosted. Then I'll just tell you that's what this is.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, Okay, we got an email about you from a guy named Trip right, Okay, yes, uh huh.
Speaker 2: He says that you haven't talked to him since your date. It's been about a week. Said that you guys met on the dating app The League, which is like a very successful people dating app.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, and then he told us.
Speaker 2: That you guys want it's to dinner, and you went to the bathroom. Then at one point came back and we're like, I got to go, and that's the last year from you.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's interesting. That's his interpretation of the date.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like he's leading out the major points. I mean, the date was initially lovely, you know, we went to a nice place. I felt like he usually trying to impress me, and like money was not an option. It was ordering all the things, And I did think there was potential there for a good portion of the date.
Speaker 3: It really wasn't.
Speaker 1: Until the end where she really unraveled again. I can't believe he left all of this out. But so the bill comes and he took a screenshot of the bill, and then his phone rang. It was his mom. He's sitting there. It seemed like she wanted to recap everything we had ordered to make sure the bill is correct, like that he was being charged correctly. It wasn't a large bill, but he was one that insisted on ordering like all the things.
Speaker 2: Took a picture and send it to his mom to ask like huh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then he told his mom, as I'm sitting there, that I'm going to go back to his place, which is already very weird. But then she's saying things like don't worry, I'll be responsible, and then he said, I know, I'll be on my best behavior. And I'm not sure what the conversation was.
Speaker 3: Completely, but it just it just gave me.
Speaker 1: The eck immediately, like I love the mama's boy, but this was life a bottle fed mama's boy. From what I understand, I think the money is his mom's money and she wants to know what he's spending it on. So we have to send a vote of the checks and the like, aren't any.
Speaker 5: Surprises, Like that's the thing, wouldn't she want to send it like later?
Speaker 2: Thanks for telling us, Brie, he didn't tell us that part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, Well he probably doesn't think it's weird because he openly did it, Brie.
Speaker 2: Guess what, he's actually on the phone listening and has been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Well, I Bree, Hi.
Speaker 2: Hi, Uh, I.
Speaker 3: Guess you would.
Speaker 4: I guess I wish you would have said something about it. It's never struck me as weird. My mom's been a financial manager for a long time, so like she always she always loves to, you know, double check bills and is very involved in money, like it's a pretty normal thing to do. And your parents an expert, you know. And look, at the end of the day, like I get what you're saying about her being involved, Like I totally do. But uh, you know, once once my mom falls in love with you, like she won't, she definitely won't be.
Speaker 3: As involved, you know. It's that's that's just kind of a now thing. Well what do you mean by that, Well.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, she worries, she worries that that that people are like after me for my money and and her money, you know, both of our moneyes. So you know, once what she meets you and like approves of you and stuff, she'll she'll definitely like back off. It won't be as big a deal what she knows that you're in it for the right reasons.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, in a way, it does. I just I wonder if money, if you're afraid of people liking you for money, then maybe flashing it in the beginning is maybe not the move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but like you know, again, the league is a place for successful people, and like like I assume, I assume that anyone I meet on there is is also comfortable with money and used to seeing money spence. So like you know, it's it's not about flashing it. It's about providing a level of I don't know, comfort to familiarity, like confidence, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I appreciate the lovely day and I think you're you're a lovely guy, but I just do not feel comfortable with that much mothering Like that was just to me like next level. And I find it very hard to believe that she will back off when she finds someone she approves of.
Speaker 4: I mean she she will, that's kind of HERMO will be very engaged up front and then back off.
Speaker 3: Which is comming. I have a lot of friends.
Speaker 1: That have mother in laws that say, and it's not It's not that way Withsten no offense. I'm sure she lovely too, but that is just not something I can sign up for.
Speaker 2: Well, Brie, would you like to go on another date with triple pay for it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know, I'd really love to see again.
Speaker 4: And you know, the second date is always a date where I take someone to meet my mom, So you know you can do that.
Speaker 2: Screwed away, Okay to night the presence.
Speaker 1: You know, I still I think you're gonna have to stick with my no thank you. I I've never met pone's parents on the second date, and this just seems like a lot for me right from the get I just don't think we're a match.
Speaker 4: You know, on the day you mentioned that you like Keith, who my mom makes a really great keys, Like we'll be missing out the great secunity for a good Keys.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, we gotta love a good Keys. Keith Lorraine hit it right again.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that that's I don't want to lead you on trip. You seem like a nice guy, but I just think I got the ick and I don't think I could come back from it. And if I went over there for a second date, I'd be just going over there for the kesh, and I don't
Speaker 2: Honest you will first date to follow up