Speaker 1: Oh oh.
Speaker 2: Here I come from with you mom.
Speaker 1: If I was a bad and I people thought that that's what my music saided like, I'd like, I'm never doing anything creative ever again it's have you.
Speaker 2: Seen the video that's like getting passed around on Twitter of them performing it?
Speaker 1: No, but old moll do I go. Let me just read some of these lyrics. Alabama, Arkansas. I do love my mom, Paul, not that way I do love you. Wait, not that way as in, like I don't love my mother and my father the way I love my romantic interest. That's good they clear that up. It is important that they clear that up.
Speaker 3: And I think that's why they said Arkansas first. They're like, I'm gonna name these places that are kind of that. Yeah, I don't love you like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not like that. FYI.
Speaker 2: Well, hot and heavy, pumpkin pie, chocolate candy, Jesus christ Ain't nothing please me more than you?
Speaker 1: And these people are from those felixes feels. It's true. Sharp was born in a Gelson's.
Speaker 2: Born in the Whole Foods hot food section, next to like a thirteen dollars piece of pizza. Yes, it would be more appropriate to say Arawan but Arawan wasn't that bougie and widespread and that far east in Los Angeles until then?
Speaker 1: That's correct. But if I was.
Speaker 2: From Alabama or Arkansas, I would be so offended, Like this is the most like they're like doing Arkansas hillbilly face. He pass those spoons over here, Paul, let me get let me get a spooning' not like that.
Speaker 1: I don't love you like that, Pa, but I love that like Paul.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four hundred, episode five of Dirdays. Heyay, this production of Iheartradios, the podcast We're taking Deep to have a too American share concouenness. It's the season finale of the eagerly anticipated season four hundred. It's Friday, August eighth, twenty twenty five. My name is Jack O'Brien aka. I eat pieces of pizza like you for breakfast that.
Speaker 1: One crazy of David Lesser.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I eate pizza yesterday for breakfast Manco and Manco's. I felt bad, and then today I was like, how can I eat something for breakfast that will make me feel worse? And I ate a plate of leftover beef and mashed potatoes.
Speaker 1: What that he was going on with you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I come home and I eat like I don't know how food works for some reason, but I can report I feel like shit again for some reason.
Speaker 1: Because beef is so vague. What was it? But I think you don't know. That's who you would have said that it was like a steak or that's why it's so concerning, that's what. You don't know.
Speaker 2: What it was just a red red meat of some sort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something rare. Yeah, Now it was a couple of days old.
Speaker 2: It's been reheated a couple of times, but it was really good on the last reheat, and this time I was very hungry, and so I didn't notice if it was good or bad, And now I feel terrible. I'm thrilled to be joined in our second seat by a brilliant comedian, writer actor. Please welcome uh the Hilarious The Riding of Recumbent Bicycle In short short.
Speaker 4: It's Blake Waxland's Wexler aka let me go on like a Wexler in the sun, Let me go on plump legs.
Speaker 1: You know I'm the one when I'm out walking, I strapped my stuff. Yeah, these plumpers are out. Big thighs. Big thighs were come bent by I might I just by stopped to show them off. Let me go on, And that was from Gross Space Killer. Today is my dad's birthday, but I don't want to talk about that, so to talk about these leggs. He's the man I inherited the original plump pet my dad. Your dad have great legs. Uh, they used to. They're not aging well, but they were once. They were once a good yeah, a good leg like the rest of them. They're it's gone the ship. But you know he had good legs in his in his heyday. Heyas congratulations Blake, thank you, thanks. We are thrilled to.
Speaker 2: Be joined in our third seat by a brilliant anti racism educator, activist, writer, creator the acclaimed podcast White Homework. Please welcome back to the show, Tory Williams Douglas.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much for having me back on. I would get to be back on to This is my first different second host.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Oh yeah, you've had Blake as a co host before and it is an.
Speaker 5: Honor and a privilege and a delight.
Speaker 2: Tory, congratulations, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 5: Happy to be here.
Speaker 1: We're thrilled to have you back.
Speaker 2: I am coming from DTS down the shore for the part of the Jersey Shore I.
Speaker 1: Grew up going to.
Speaker 2: Did we talk about the abandoned amusement park yesterday's episode?
Speaker 1: We somehow didn't get to it. We got to everything else under the fucking sun.
Speaker 2: But because we were talking about the amusement park where I appeared to pee my pants even though I didn't, that place is now for the first time in my life, the rides are not open this summer.
Speaker 1: It is enough.
Speaker 2: It is a straight up abandoned amusement park that's been purchased by a hotel developer, which is like scary. We're so close to a Scooby Doo, Like I feel like I need to go there and start dressing up and like you know, ghost mask and like trying to scare people to do something with the property value. Probably scare the hotel operators so they bring them rides back.
Speaker 1: That'll work. Both of you have kids, so you'll probably have like a more in depth analysis on this, since mine is purely selfish. But getting on amusement park rides where there's clearly been no regulation or anyone looking into how unsafe they are where, Like it's one of the scariest things in the world. Like do you blink when you bring a kid to a fair, you know, like do you let them go on the better not to think about it, just get on the ride.
Speaker 2: There's reason like Carneye is derogatory like that. The people who run carnivals are Yeah, it's I don't know. I guess they're good at putting the rise together because they like take apart and put them back together so frequently. But man, I've like gotten on rides that are like creaking and sputtering, and the person who is running it does not have a shirt on, doesn't have all their teeth, and just like appears to be out of their mind on something or another.
Speaker 5: You're risking so much.
Speaker 2: I know, you're risking everything, your children's lives.
Speaker 1: Pair whimsy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it isn't important. It is an important milestone though, Like I I sure very distinctly remember going on the thing that spins around so fast that like you can't have it at normal amusement parks, the one that like sticks you to the wall.
Speaker 1: And as we were.
Speaker 2: Doing that at the Kentucky State Fair, the guy who's operating it again jeans, no shirt, long long rattail in the back.
Speaker 1: You didn't even have to say that part started.
Speaker 2: Started walking on the wall, like so that we're sticking to He was walking on it so like parallel, his body is parallel to the ground. And it was the sickest thing I'd ever seen. It was so dope, just like look what I can do. I was like it was hock rating that. It's like like every amusement park is like, don't get any ideas, and he's like, here's one exactly, Like if he had died, the thing just would have kept going faster and faster, like taken off forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And some of the roller coasters are made of wood, and it's like, okay, so you have something that's already probably going to break and kill someone at some point, let's just make it made of a substance that it never should have been made out of, like to begin with, like the like a log flume. Also, why is the wood going in water? That's not that's great and wise wise is the perfect. It's it's weird to me, Like.
Speaker 2: The roller coasters were invented and they were just like wood, and we all take it for granted. We're like, yeah, well that's all they had back then. But it was like the twenties they were also they were making things out of metal in the twenties. They knew knew, they knew about metal back then, Like, well, it was the Bronze Age.
Speaker 5: You have steam engines, so that you got the infrastructure here for some reason, these things around.
Speaker 2: No, that's they couldn't have possibly made a roller coaster out of anything except for what appears to be like forty large Jenga piles.
Speaker 5: They had the Brooklyn Bridge back then, which.
Speaker 2: Is not made of wood, I mean not at all looks like a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Kind of those hipsters are going to make it made of wood.
Speaker 5: I always wonder. I'm like, are the ones that they bring into town for a week or a couple of weeks, like they do in Portland for the roast festival and set up and then they take it down, you know, ten days later or whatever and go on to the next town. Or the one that's here is just always here. I'm like, which one is safer? And I don't want to look it up because I actually don't want to know. But the one that's just always here, always open, with the wooden roller coaster that we have. Yeah, I don't know. Should I look at the data on how many children have lost.
Speaker 2: Digits all the high profile, like horrible things happen at the place, the ones that are permanent. But I just wonder if it's because when a bad thing happens at a carnival, they leave town before the sun rises. Like it was just like, I don't know how to pack it up to say who that was. There's just a mangled body in the in the field somewhere.
Speaker 1: There's no paper trail or record of anyone works there exact, they have no permits. Yeah, they just kind of show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well, Tory, we're thrilled to have you here. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners what we're talking about today. We're gonna talk about Trump's tariffs. I guess I don't know. Yeah, we're gonna do that. Yeah, it seems bad, seems dumb. We'll talk about this vanity fair profile of like this yacht that had all the most famous people on the planet on it, and it's truly upsetting. It feels it feels like they should be ashamed of themselves for this one. And we'll talk about why that song home is suddenly so popular, to shit all over all that plenty more.
Speaker 1: But first Tory, we do like to ask our guest, what is.
Speaker 2: Something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: The thing that I have been searching the last week or so, and this is just gonna be TMI and I'm gonna do it anyway, is how soon after hitting perry menopause you can get HRT. Because I've been feeling very toasty lately and I'm like, well, I was going to try to power through, and then my sister was like, no, if you start my younger sister, who probably shouldn't know these things, I don't think because like, no, if you start earlier, it helps more. So I'm honestly just like searching for HRT, and then I'm slowly watching places change the name of it from like hormone replacement therapy, which people, well bigots just automatically associate with trans to menopause therapy or menopause hormone therapy, which I think is really interesting. And so I'm going to die on the hill of calling it HRT because.
Speaker 1: The hormone therapy to.
Speaker 5: Feel uncomfortable and I want them to be like, wait, what what gender were you assigned at birth? I can't tell.
Speaker 2: So hormone replacement therapy is now menopause hormone therapy, according to the Mayo Clinic, because everybody is scared.
Speaker 1: And men capitalized for some reason in menopause. They wanted to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so just I've been searching up a lot of gender affirming care, I guess is what we're going to say. And yeah, it's interesting trying to figure out, like does my insurance cover this? Do I have to pay out of pocket? We live, obviously you will know this in a hell country, one of the shithole countries we've heard so much about.
Speaker 2: We live in a country, I agree, hell of a country.
Speaker 5: Hell here I am. I'm trying to figure out, hmm, is there any going to like mitigate some of these very miserable symptoms. And then you know, thinking about, oh, we we don't know very much about how to deal with menopause lash perimenopause because we don't invest in even before all of the breeds got canceled, we don't invest in researching anything about women's self because it's not urgent.
Speaker 1: It's a real mystery.
Speaker 2: Actually, I feel like that's like the first complicated.
Speaker 1: It's very complicated. It's scary.
Speaker 5: God intended women to suffer. And so here we are, Yeah, believing that science isn't real. And I'm trying to get answers from Google that aren't AI generated because helping it turns out not helpful when the entire medical establishment doesn't really know what the fuck they're talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to trust Google's AI to kind of summarize my way out together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're pretty good.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry you're going through that. Well, the symptoms I've heard of, the hot flashes or the hot flashes, how hot, how flashy you're talking, you asked the tough questions.
Speaker 1: We're talking.
Speaker 5: I had this very strange moment where I've been trying to be responsible and be in bed reading a book at ten pm every night, right, and obviously it's summertime, right, so the windows are open, I don't have the comforter on. I'm just got like my little one sheet and I'm like reading my book and there's like you can feel, you know, how you can feel the air like under the sheet that's like around your body. I feel it, like I can feel the temperature rising under the sheet.
Speaker 2: As I going like a meter you're creating at the sheet.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh, oh this sucks. I was like, what is happening here? So I think I need to start taking an ice pack to bed with me, just to be safe, just an emergency. You know those like break in case of emergency ice packs and these take Yeah, yeah that I take on like pikes and stuff from my kids.
Speaker 2: A chemical one.
Speaker 5: I need one of those, but like for my bed, yeah, just to be safe.
Speaker 1: Back of the neck, yep, yep, I like it. I have to sleep with a blanket as well, Like even if it's like so high, I have to like need some sort of in my mind, it's like protecting me from an intruder. You know, this thing could come into your They can't get.
Speaker 2: Through the blanket though, so yeah, yeah, something about like sleeping without a blanket.
Speaker 1: My body is like we're not actually sleeping. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you think this is, but this is not bedtime. If you're just sleeping with nothing on top of you.
Speaker 5: I can't even nap without something on top of me, like that's how ingrained it is. And it's like, oh, well, what are we doing here, We're just hanging out on a bed. This is this is nothing. So yeah, I really I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking great, I'm thinking now.
Speaker 2: I'm like reverse claustrophobia. I like to have something close and like I like, I find it nice and cozy. I think I descend from pack or like Den you know, animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got that.
Speaker 2: I got that Den animal inside of me, that dog, that Den dog dog.
Speaker 1: I sleep with a bunk bed just laying on top of me, and there's no yea, take the leg right off. I did.
Speaker 2: I used to like feel very comfortable under beds, Like as a kid, I would just like kind of hide under a bed. Then they would come and take me, and my dad would tell them that he has a very particular set of skills.
Speaker 1: Torri, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I'm gonna lie a little bit because this is not technically underrated, because back in the day it was huge. It was a sensation. But I am feeling a little bit of a way about the book The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, which is one of my absolute favorite books, and it came out in two thousand and five. Right, it's a novel and it's just really beautiful, beautifully written. Came out during like kind of like when I don't remember when Twilight came out, but it feels like it was kind of the Twilight era, so like vampires were in the air. That was just the thing, and I just there's.
Speaker 1: A up group on every corner.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm not that also, vampires who were everywhere. Twilight was at the top of the charts, there was a duop group on every corner.
Speaker 5: This is like this book specifically was also like a New York Times bestseller. It was amazing and I can't believe no one's turned it into a film yet. But it's like this really beautiful story about this girl who, like this young girl who finds these handwritten letters in like her father's library and that each of them starts out my dear and unfortunate Successor, and they're written by the historian who is very concerned that he might be being hunted by Dracula, and so he's writing down and they're like all date mark like nineteen thirty, like December nineteen thirty, right, So she is like, what is this and decides to go and ask her dad about it, and then they have all these adventures together all over like Southeast Europe, and it's just like very romantic and like cozy in the way that she describes like all of these different country sides is amazing and obviously, like you know, you're talking about Romania because Dracula and it just it just seems like a really perfect, beautiful story to turn into. It would have the book is so long it would have to be two movies. But I am on a campaign. If anyone is listening, please hit me up. Please. I just really want to see this on film. It would be stunning.
Speaker 2: I just think it's interesting that when this character writes a bunch of letters about how they're being hunted by a Dracula, it's art. But when I write, Blake, like just a couple letters about how I'm being hunted by a swamp thing, he yeah, harassment and stop doing this.
Speaker 1: Is this a joke?
Speaker 2: This doesn't really add to anything. You won't let me bring it up and make fun of you for it on the show. These are the things he says to me, Jah, we just got.
Speaker 5: To punch up your writing, man, We just got to make it eloquent and.
Speaker 1: Beautiful about the subject matter right exactly, it's.
Speaker 5: How you're writing it.
Speaker 1: He's on my six swamp I just used. The tone is so fucked. We got a smoky in the swamp.
Speaker 5: Exactly, Jason me for twenty clicks, I'm about to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds really lovely.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 5: If you're a reader and you haven't read it, highly recommend if you like novels not terribly smutty, but because I know that's all the raid right now, a little bit of romance, but yeah, mostly just good times.
Speaker 2: You just like have the misfortune of being the other Dracula, the other vampire novel that was popular at the same time as Twilight, and so they were like, we're going to be busy making these over.
Speaker 5: Here, probably, and it was more for adult like I think it was more. It was more written to an adult audience. It's not particularly hya and obviously like ya is where all the money is because you get all the girlies screaming about Robert Pattinson, who turned into an amazing actor. I just watched Mickey seventeen fucking sucked, and I'm like sobbing because his performance is so compelling, but it's weird. It's like two movies are two trains, one is going fifty five miles an hour, and you're just like, what is fucking happening?
Speaker 2: Is your recommendation? The historian as well written as Twilight? And I'm going to read a pool book from Twilight for you, just to get you to know what you're competing with. Aren't you hungry? He asked, distracted. No, I didn't feel like mentioning that my stomach was already full, m dash of butterflies?
Speaker 1: No, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a straight up bar that that. Yeah, well I try, Okay, I can't get out of my cops spirit.
Speaker 1: I know you can't. So at this time.
Speaker 2: I walked into the street and ascertained an individual of the description of a swamp thing.
Speaker 5: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: The guy's not a cop. The protagonist is not a cop. That's the crazy. That's just how that's how he talked. He's a social worker. And yet you're still making him talk like a cop.
Speaker 2: Oh man, But that twist when she says her stomach was already full.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wait, but what was going on? Of butterflies? What?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Is that a literal and by the way, we don't This doesn't have to be a liter you know, a literature podcast. But so is did she eat actual physical butterflies because things or what is this like a cue? You're not a butterfly yet.
Speaker 2: She's not a vampire yet yet, And I'm sorry for any spoilers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a butterfly yet. She's not a butterfly yet.
Speaker 2: In many ways, she's not a butterfly yet. She's just learning to to blossom. Creepy, creepy metaphor that if this was written by Stephen King, there would be a lot of butterfly metaphors probably, But yeah, she's not a vampire yet. She's just eating butterflies by the handful.
Speaker 1: Okay, strange she's a frog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, compulsive. It's like how you get pico when you're pregnant. That's what's going on with her. Butterflies You like craved chalk or sand or something just like butterflies for me.
Speaker 1: Thanks, No.
Speaker 2: I was being reminded because because we're down the shore, I was being reminded by my sister that I used to eat sand, and I was like, was I pregnant when I was four years old? Because I eat a lot of sand, and I remember it being delicious.
Speaker 5: It's a texture thing. I think when you're little.
Speaker 1: It was salty too. I like salty.
Speaker 5: Beach sand is salty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody salty.
Speaker 5: It's all the peah.
Speaker 1: No, that would make it.
Speaker 2: That would explain everything toy you think is overrated.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I think the thing that is overrated is buying a new cell phone when your contract is up. I think that's bullshit. I don't think we should buy be buying tech on big tech schedule, and we should try to keep our things as long as possible.
Speaker 1: So love it.
Speaker 5: That's the hell I'm dying on. I have never gotten a new device and be like, oh my god, this is changing my life. It's just like I need this to be able to like contact friends, family, whoever, to do my work right, to record podcasts. Like There's never been a moment where I'm like, oh yeah, baby, this is a game changer. This is it for me. And so I'm like, Okay, what can I do to minimize consumption? If you just like double that, like oh yeah, you're supposed to get a new phone every two years, Like fuck that, Like, make make it last for four years. I know, you do get throttled. That sucks, that's real. Yeah, but you don't that new phone is not going to make it feel good, feels for more than like a day or two.
Speaker 2: It immediately becomes invisible, like a day is stretching it. It's just immediately, it's just like, oh yeah, now I don't notice the thing that was like kind of wrong with the last one, but impiately everything else immediately becomes invisible. And I like put the same like, you know, protector on the phone, so.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even remember, don't even know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, same case, same protector.
Speaker 1: It's an insane process too, where it's like, okay, so I just paid off this phone, you know, and like you wouldn't just buy a new car every single time you paid off your car, Like it's just so stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, Like it's sure it's not as fancy as it was. I'm about to pay off my car. I feel very proud of myself and but yeah, I'm like, I still love this thing. It's amazing. It's a Sumeer roof for sor. I live in Portland, so obviously it's.
Speaker 1: The perfect I got a cross tracks they just gave you those when you moved there.
Speaker 5: Standard issue, Yeah, if you if you're queer and you live in Portland. So not all Portlanders get them. There's some reparations going here for super specifically.
Speaker 1: They get in presents if you get a super impressive.
Speaker 5: Oh man, oh man.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: So it's like nobody's ever gonna spot me in my car because it's the same car everybody else in Portland is driving. It's the perfect vehicle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But yeah, all.
Speaker 5: I have to say, I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna have this pubby paid off, very proud of myself, and also like I don't I don't want a new car, Like if I can keep this thing another ten years, that'd be fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and that's how I feel about my phone and my lap Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like the battery always wear it like that.
Speaker 2: That's just the question is like how long is the battery going to last until you need to do like a second charge at noon every day, you know what I mean? And that that's always the thing that like at a certain time, can you can visibly see the battery, like the battery chart going down.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 1: It's not like a slow decline, it just jumps right in quarters. It's not even smooth. Yeah all right, Well yeah, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: Tim Cook, Tim Apple, Steve Job, you don't know. You don't, I don't. I don't work for you, asshole. Let's uh, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: Would that be fun? Yeah, let's take I'm exhausted. This is fucking holy fucked up. I am so fucked up right now. I need ten uh yeah, all right, we'll be right back. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back. Oh good, Okay, thank you for confirming that, Blake. Of course.
Speaker 2: Wait, god, are you guys ready to talk about tabor.
Speaker 1: Terrorists?
Speaker 2: My favorite thing to pretend I understand. Yes, it's I mean, I will say it's a tool that has been used, it's but it is the only tool that Donald Donald Trump is. Like if a car mechanic only had a hammer and that was the only thing he used to work on your car with, you just like beat the ship out of your car with the hammer. Only if your car was like actually way more complicated than a car and was in fact the global economy. So he's hammering away. I'm tired of even like real, like is this the real one? Or that, because he's like been like, these tariffs are happening, but I think these are the real tariffs, Like they're.
Speaker 1: Happening, right, And.
Speaker 2: Indiana, India and Brazil not Indiana.
Speaker 1: India and Brazil have been.
Speaker 2: Quote punish the worst with fifty percent tariffs, and there are reasons that have to do with just like them being mean or nice too, Like it's it's completely illegal for the president to be like I'm doing tariffs on a country because they're being mean and like I'm punishing them. Is not at least so far beyond like how things are supposed to or allowed to work. Brazil is being punished for having a socialist leader that people actually like, Like that's the subtext, and then the yeah, that's humiliating for him. And then they're also quote persecuting his friend Yai Ra Bolsonaro.
Speaker 5: Oh because he has consequences for his actions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't like persecution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is also not great for him to be setting the president of authoritarian leaders facing consequence says yeah, no, thank you. And so after Brazil's justice system charged Bolsnar with attempting to orchestraate to coup in twenty twenty two, which that must have been weird for that of brazilience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been hard. Hold on.
Speaker 2: He demanded Brazil's legal system intervene on Bolsnar's behalf or face tariffs on the entire country. They did not change their decision, and so they're facing big tariffs. India their tariffs doubled from twenty five percent to fifty percent because they were buying Russian oil despite the war in Ukraine. Will be interesting to see how Tim Poole and the other paid Russian assets feel about this, who are also like mega people. But you know what one could say, it would be we wouldn't have this problem if the end of the war on Ukraine in twenty four hours, like he promised he would. But I guess that's neither here nor there. People are like, ooh, he's being mean to Putin. I think he has a meeting coming up with Putin, so that should end right around immediately after that. Meetings between Trump and Putin typically involve them meeting Putin like taking him to behind a closed door without the media present, and then Trump suddenly deciding to capitulate to whatever Russia wants because he is not a good negotiator. And because it would appear that they might have something on this guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's like that toxic like your friend who's always like, oh, I'm just gonna get you know, like get drinks with my toxic accidents. They're gonna fuck. They're gonna each other, They're gonna suck each other. God damn, they're gonna get back together. Yes, and yeah.
Speaker 2: We we've I feel like the Compromat stuff, like everyone was like, oh, the Pee tapes, and then we like started laughing at the Pe tapes, and like Russia Gate was maybe over a bit overblown. I don't know that it necessarily won him the election, but as we've seen his behavior around the Epstein files, I feel like there's probably no shortage of potential things that they might be holding over his head. Would be my guess, based on how he has been acting around around that stuff and his inability to act like it's weird to be a sexual predator.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's a power play. That's just all it is. It's like that's what guys like him do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: So anyways, well we'll see where that Switzerland got a thirty nine percent tariff because.
Speaker 5: Boring not my chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yeah chocolate, Oh no chocolate. Americans import more from Switzerland than we export to them. So he was like, you got to start buying our shitty weapons and energy and or corn?
Speaker 1: Why our corn?
Speaker 2: How would you like to make everything out of corn for a couple of years? And they were like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That seems bad. We wouldn't.
Speaker 2: We've noticed that everyone in your whole country smells like corn. We probably don't notice that, but I think we all probably smell like corn because we're mostly made of corn.
Speaker 5: At this point, fair valid.
Speaker 2: Anyways, So they got hit with the tariff hammer, and then the EU was able to limit tariffs by agreeing to buy a bunch of natural gas. People are saying that, you know the like in cases like the EU, he's able to get a temporary concession here and there, but the long term impacts on trade are going to be bad. Like already you were seeing countries just decide not to trade, like find other people to trade with, like they now know that the US is completely unstable, completely irrational, and so like the Prime Minister of Malaysia set at a conference across the world tools once used to generate growth, are now wielded to pressure, isolate, and contain. As we navigate external pressures, we need to fortify our foundations, trade among ourselves, invest more in one another. And India and Brazil, the aforementioned countries that are really getting the hammer the only thing you know how to wield, have been talking to each other even before this latest hike, and have planned to increase trade between those countries trade with each other to twenty billion dollars over the next five years. So there's just like, why the fuck would we ever work with you? And this is also happening at a time when America is just like naturally becoming less of a hegemonic power, So like the you know, China is obviously going to become like this is the best possible thing that could happen for China, and all the people who are like, we've got to be competitive with China, that's all we're worried about, are like, I don't I don't see how they are letting this happen and being like good, good call sir.
Speaker 1: Other than they're just like scared of him and cowards. Even if you think that there's a reason for him doing this beyond him being a petty little piece of shit with no fucking plan whatsoever, which is what's going on. His other reasoning is that, oh, it'll boost like American manufacturing. But the problem is that these alleged facilities, like you know, these steel mills, you know, like these cold natural gat like these these factories take a while to fucking build. They take years to build. So you can't just go cold Turkey and be like, yeah, no, we'll just build this enough steel manufacturing to support all these like us cutting ourselves off from the rest of the world. Like that's just not humanly possible. Like, if you're going to do this, you kind of ease into it, and it just it's that hammer approach a tool that he's never held, a literal tool, that he's never touched eddie tool whatsoever.
Speaker 2: But I bet he's picked up a hammer once. I bet there's so many pictures of him with those.
Speaker 1: And like prepairing.
Speaker 2: But like, has he ever successfully driven a nail all the way in?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, oh no, not once? No, no, no, no, no, he's never swung it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's held it while wearing a suit and in a hard Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what it is what an idiot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's gonna be I think it's gonna be bad. I mean I always you know, the it's like the macro economic version of the Great Leap Forward with like this famous disastrous policy where in China where mal was like you, we don't need to make all the pig iron, Like, well, we'll make all the pig iron in your backyard.
Speaker 1: And it's like.
Speaker 2: Well that what what? What exactly is that? So just like stop up farming, start making iron, and everybody start to death.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's like problem solved.
Speaker 1: Everyone forward that we ourselves.
Speaker 2: Read the first first paragraph of the background section of Wikipedia and then didn't didn't get any further than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so interesting because we clearly have I don't know what I want to say, Like it's clearly within like the American myth that we could resurrect all of these industries. I think that we have like a big enough clearly economy, we have intelligent enough people we could do that. But that requires a plan, and that's like antithetical to anything that Trump has ever done.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can build up, right, we can build up to producing enough steel or we can build up to doing whatever, and we can offer you know, obviously we'd have to be giving subsidies to people because it's more expensive to manufacture here, and that's something we do already with farm Like, like there are tools available to him that he has no interest in using.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have manufacturing still in this country. It just doesn't look like it used to. The time that they're fetishizing was a time of very powerful unions. The reason that things worked back then was because of very powerful unions that fought on behalf of the working people, the people who like worked at companies and the So if like you could rebuild manufacturing here, it's still going to be predatory and the workers are still going to be treated like shit and have to like get off work at the factory and fucking drive uber.
Speaker 1: You know, like that's still going.
Speaker 2: To be the case because it's a system that completely has given all the power to corporations. So like it's the thing that they're looking back on, so finally fondly is union membership and like a very strong yeah, the thing that they think is communism. So so this is going to be bad. The thing that these tariffs do, it passes costs onto companies. As we've seen during the pandemic, American companies do not take the hit, and they're like, well, our stock price has gone down a little bit now because of these things that are costing us money or like making it harder for us to they pass those costs onto consumers, and that in the form of inflation. So we're, you know, we're going to feel the hit of these tariffs. And then Trump is also trying to get Jerome Pal, the head of the Fed, to cut interest rates. But like, the thing that cutting interest rates causes is inflation. So we're getting inflation from the tariffs. And if he he has his way and fires Jerome Pal and puts in like one of his yes men, we're going to get inflation coming from that end, and we could have you know, runaway inflation and all the like.
Speaker 5: That's Biden's thing. Man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Hey man, hey, hey man, it's kind of it's' fault.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like all the all the economic like horror stories like the Great Leap Forward where they tried to make pig iron in their backyard and like on farms instead of it's like, I don't know shit about economics or economic history. But like the handful of like horror stories I know are that and then like runaway inflation where people are like bringing wheelbarrow wheelbarrows of like cash to the bank, like and just like or like bring it to the grocery store to buy like a gallon of milk, like those everywhere like that.
Speaker 1: Those are the.
Speaker 2: Two things that are in play now with this brilliant negotiator taking things over. So well, you know, he's a shrewd negotiator and his ways are mysterious. Oh wait, no, he's just a fucking idiot. It's just mysterious. What what what is he thinking some of the time.
Speaker 5: But I think it's just self enrichment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's also possible that he's just like, yeah, we're gonna like fuck this.
Speaker 5: Up the economy, buy up a bunch of shit. I mean, that's like the game plan.
Speaker 1: The The only problem is that he's the president of the United States. This job problem, it's just the one problem. If he didn't have such a high stakes job, this wouldn't matter his personality and every of the billion things they're wrong with that fucking guy. But yeah, no, if only there was a way not to put him in that job.
Speaker 2: You know, I think he might if we were like we're bringing we're firing Jimmy found Who's the one who has like the Johnny Carson Show, Like, now, is it Jimmy Fallon?
Speaker 1: I think not a comedy fan, so I wouldn't I know it is is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they were just like we're firing Jimmy Fallon and we want you to take over, sir. We just need you to like resign the office of president, you know, give it to whoever you want, but like we like just his response when he found out that Sidney Sweeney was a registered Republican, it was the happiest I've ever seen him. I really think all he wants to do is just get on TV for two hours a night and riff and like think that he's funny and cool and like, I feel like we might be able to get it.
Speaker 1: I think, and you change the title from Tonight's Show host to Tonight's Show CEO, he would shows president. Yeah, f're Tonight's show, And I think you would do it. I think you're right, Like he just needs to feel important. He needs to have some sort of power over a dominion. This dominion is too big that he has right now, give them a smaller. Our friends who work for the Tonight Show, I know, I think they would go. I think they would give it up. I think I think so too Bear. Wait, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're bag And as as we were talking about before we started recording, possibly in the cold open, there's that.
Speaker 1: Song home Here Do I Go Wrong with You?
Speaker 2: That is making the rounds everywhere, causing a reappraisal of the hey ho stop clap stomp genre of like kind of lo fi indie from the two thousand Hens. I guess it was like that hey hose song about lumineers and.
Speaker 1: How's that go? Oh? They go hey and then they go Okay. I understand why is it so catchy?
Speaker 5: It's abusive, It's but this is the one that I have heard in the most Volkswagen commercials.
Speaker 2: I believe the home heard and the lyrics. So the thing that I think people are responding to is the performance.
Speaker 1: First of all.
Speaker 2: It's like I think we all heard it in the car commercials and assumed it was like some American idol runner ups, like number five pop song.
Speaker 1: You know, I did.
Speaker 2: I did not know that this is what the people look like. I'm going to now share my screen so we can watch this. And there's nothing wrong with the way they look. It's just not exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't neuter all my comments before I make Their.
Speaker 2: Look is great. I think what they're doing is fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: So I'm playing the video without sound for you guys so you can see the vibe of people.
Speaker 5: Is this a tiny desk concert?
Speaker 1: I can't tell.
Speaker 5: So it's a tiny desk concert, is what's going on?
Speaker 1: They had to hear that desk away.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna play the audio because a I will crawl it and make us take this episode down. But that that you gotta look at what they're what they're looking like. She does herself in the head so far that her little beanie falls off, and the lyrics are Alabama, Arkansas. I do love my mom Pa, not that way that I do love you. Well, holy holy me, oh my, you're the apple, love my girl. I've never want loved one like you. Man, oh man, you're my best friend. I scream at to then.
Speaker 1: Anyways, these word Jack's vows heavy pumpkin pie chocolate candy.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, ain't nothing please me more than you, darling.
Speaker 1: So I do.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. Jesus Sorry, Jesus Christ, I stepped in some chocolate candy while I was writing my vowels.
Speaker 1: Handy with Jesus Christ to hey, I write this ship.
Speaker 5: What is happening?
Speaker 1: It does? It does feel a little bit like that.
Speaker 5: It does feel a little bit like that.
Speaker 2: I did not know they looked like this. The guy looks like he has spent I don't know if he has actual dreadlocks in this video, but he is flirting with him and he has he is he is very seriously considering it.
Speaker 1: It's the look is so bad. I'm going to I hate what I'm about to say, but it's true. I do have this album on the final oh man ed I didn't know they looked like this, So this is like music that It's like, Okay, I'm shuffling around my house, you know, uh, paying outstanding bills and taking eviction notices off my home and this is good to play in the background during that.
Speaker 2: But the look of like a children's song is what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: That's what That's how I I felt like. I was like, this is a good. This is good children's movie soundtrack music like and so to have a guy who seems like a cult leader singing it into the eyes of somebody who appears to be on all sorts of drugs.
Speaker 1: She does.
Speaker 5: She looks like a child who is on drugs. That's that's the energy.
Speaker 2: I think that's what's throwing me. That's what throws means.
Speaker 1: That's what your hag off is David Koresh and the Magnetic Zero.
Speaker 2: Anyways, but this song, as much as every everybody's like it's the worst written song of all time, and you know, it's just it. I think again, it's doing what it set out to do, which is the earnest as hell.
Speaker 5: And the one feels try hardy to.
Speaker 2: Me, Oh so try hardy, But I think they're earnestly trying it is the try hardest. Yeah, I think they are. They they're trying so hard and they do not give a fuck. Yes, try hard is one of the like if you had to describe this in three words, like I do feel like.
Speaker 1: Try hard, try hard, Yeah, try hard. It's it's like the audio equivalent of like p DA, you know, where like you're in public and you see like a couple like.
Speaker 2: Just like it's humiliating. The whole thing is humiliating. It's so embarrassing. Yeah, what's that clip of is it Tyre Banks saying?
Speaker 1: So you milliating?
Speaker 2: That's kind of how I feel watching this. I love her, Yeah, truly giving us some of our great are great names, uh speak of humiliating. I do want to move on to a real world like kind of glass Onion situation, real world White Lotus meets glass Onion meets Oscar after Oscar's after party, and they like.
Speaker 5: I'm so intrigued.
Speaker 2: No unfortunately, I mean, I'm not gonna say unfortunately, but yeah, it's for some reason they let a Vanity Fair reporter tag along and like take acid with them on this Ritz Carlton yacht cruise.
Speaker 1: So it's like a it's like, what what would a what would a cruise.
Speaker 2: Look like for Dakota Johnson, Kendall Jenner, Tom Brady, Orlando bloom Farrell, Williams, Martha Stewart, Naomi Campbell, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Ricky Martin, Jaden Smith, Toby Maguire for some reason, Alicia Silverstone for some reason, Janelle Monet, Sophia Vergara, and of course Unheardo DiCaprio is there.
Speaker 5: You know, but this is a yacht. It's not a cruise because like.
Speaker 1: It's but that many people.
Speaker 2: It's like a giant Yeah, it's like a mini ship, giant yacht. And they're just like everybody is treated like that, you know, like they I'm sure people were being carried around like you know what I mean, like just like yeah, nobody's they're just like piggyback, I said, piggyback like as they just went from daker to dakery. They do still drink dakeries, which I was a little disappointed, and throughout I was like, is that that doesn't seem like it seems like they should have some version of dakeries that's like beyond what we have access to.
Speaker 1: Well, we love Hemingway everyone.
Speaker 5: Yea, I have a dak Ray for you next time we hang out.
Speaker 1: Next level doackries. Okay, it's not the stuff I'm picturing.
Speaker 2: I'm picturing the virgin I used to order it. Yeah, Friday is it is nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Picturing Tom Brady drinking a TGF Friday's Dachary with a big dollop of a whipped cream on top as his skin continues to constrict around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it does keep getting tighter. I guess it's tightened a little bit.
Speaker 1: I need a skin tightening at noon, so I gotta go pretty soon.
Speaker 2: The article does note that the ship set sail as the big beautiful bill was being passed, So like as normal people are being robbed of their healthcare and like this massive bill to make wealthy people more rich is passing. These people are all getting on a massive yacht and like the the one celebrity who was there that I have to give a shout out to is Miguel the musician is there, but he does not post about it, and he's just there to perform. And then he gets the fuck out, and I'm like, hell, yeah, we go like that probably, but we just get these little little views, these little pinhole views into like what these people are like. So the writer is told that twenty eight year old Brooks Nader is poised to be the breakout star of what just breakout star of of this like influencer and parentheses, A mover and shaker baby, says Sarah Jane. We'll get to Sarah Jane.
Speaker 1: In a moment.
Speaker 2: The striking blonde is a former Sports Illustrated swimwear model, and rumor has it is dating Brady, whose head I can see across the deck in his new spectacles, a six foot four library and I like that Tom Brady's like wearing glasses to be like.
Speaker 1: Then get hotter. He's a six foot four librarian. It's like it's a new look for him and it sounds right. I still want to fuck him. Lauren Sanchez that then they say Lauren Sanchez Bezos first noticed Brooks on Instagram and decided to befriend her. Sarah Jane tells me, so, Lauren Sanchez Bezos, like Jeff Bezos's wife is just like going around discovering people and being like you get to come to our parties now, and like you're hot enough to come to our party, right, jesus, Oh, this.
Speaker 5: Is so fascinating. I was wondering how all those people wound up at their wedding, at the Bezos people their wedding, Like what you're just you're just sending out like invitations to everybody who is at what the oscars? Like, I don't get what the metric is here, because you guys aren't real friends, because you're barely even real people.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: They just they only surround themselves. There's a good quote later from Martha Stewart that talks about this. Martha Stewart is on another fucking planet.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 2: But like Patrick Schwarzenegger, Kate Hudson, and Janelle Monet have all been and things that are like about shit like this. Yeah, they've been in like White Lotus and then Glass Onion, which was about like a Elon Musk type inviting a bunch of people on like a weird thing like this, and like the writers like, so is this like weird for you? Patrick Sarsner, He's like, you know, but what am I gonna do? Say no to this horrifyingly humiliating thing. Janelle Monet is like just straight up as like is this glass Onion or what? Even Kate Hudson.
Speaker 1: Is here, good for her? Yeah, just owns it.
Speaker 2: I will allow it with Janelle Monet because yeah, that's Janelle Monae can do absolutely nothing wrong. I do want to talk about Sarah Jane though, because she has some great quotes defending Sanchez Bezoso. Yeah, she's got some things to say. She's like, I guess Jeff Bezos is the top of the richest people, but like there are a lot of big people where it's like, yeah, it should be like that. He made it fucking big and like they've been in love for like years or something. They're so secure and real. If the press was going to attack her friends, emblematic of the age of oligarchs, well, Sanchez doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: It's fuel.
Speaker 2: I find that so inspiring. So just it's not it's just, you know, she's aspiring to be a Kardashian and like this, like fuck the poor thing. She's like so hungry for wealth and fame and status, and like that hunger is like powering her, you know. Like that, so she's like both embarrassingly like bougie and into this shit and also embracing that in a way that she should be embarrassed about, but like a thing that should be embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Instead, she's like, that's my personality. Actually, this isn't one mistake. This is me. This is just my shit, this is my ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is being put on by a billionaire Israeli billionaire who is a billionaire because he said, well, he made his money by selling a poker site.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so don't you feel silly toy if you're making that statement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, poker not predatory at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually fine. He made his money off of people's gambling addictions.
Speaker 1: The good old fashion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the old fashioned, good old fashioned way.
Speaker 1: It's not some tech idiot a vulture. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He talks to one of the people who like sells these sorts of yacht experiences, and he says, say, you want to go to Greece tomorrow, you go to Greece. And then they explain it with with crypto and AI cash piling up in recent years, the boats have to get bigger. That's a very positive effect, but of course still the ultimate luxury. So like it's they treat this as like it's solving a problem that people have, which is like too much money because of crypto and AI.
Speaker 1: So it's just you know, the.
Speaker 2: Upward all of these new every new development that people write about in the mainstream media and seem excited about on Wall Street is all just ways to redistribute money upward. And then those people, unfortunately, they have a problem they have to deal with, which is like what am I going to spend all this money on?
Speaker 1: And so it's small not definitely not a small shit boat.
Speaker 2: Martha Stewart has some amazing quotes in here. So she's talking about how, like she, it used to be cool to be on yachts, but she says, I mean it's almost common now extreme wealth. We know everybody that's really rich, we know them all. I mean it started in the nineteen nineties when I first went public with like her, I'm Martha Stewart Omnimedia. I was hanging out with Bill Gates and Charles Simonia.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: The and the Google Boys. I mean that's when it starts. The Google boys, them Google boys, but uh now everybody has one.
Speaker 1: She says. The reason he got a got.
Speaker 2: Envy, why she's talking about next husband was when he visited Ron Perlman's boat. I was on the board of Revlon Like, it's just all the shit, I don't Yeah, she's just going from one statement. She just seems so like bored and just insulated.
Speaker 1: I was CEO of the Atlantic Ocean, so yeah, I was on Ron Perlman's boat.
Speaker 2: At one point, she's slipping through her Instagram feed and finds that she's just getting a lot of outrage comments from fans. Somebody wrote, meanwhile, people can't afford food or rent. And her agent leans over and whispers to me, to the writer, there's not a better Instagram follow than Martha Stewart forty eight at Martha Stewart forty eight.
Speaker 1: So that's yeah, next president.
Speaker 2: Like they still they like know they get it. So like the writers like does this bother you? What with like Zoron Mamdani being nominated in New York and like Donald Trump trying to like help billionaires, And she's like the Roman Empire's coming to an end. I always get that I'm mother hen I'm not supposed to be doing this stuff. I'm supposed to be in the garden picking tomatoes. So she turns it into like a women empowerment thing. Yeah, and then she has a run where she's like mad about people caving to Donald Trump. But then she goes on to say, I'm a great admirer of Elon Musk and what he's done. He's an inventor. He's like the Michael Angelo of our time. And look what's happening to him. Even he is struggling and there's very little he can do until something big happens.
Speaker 1: People hate him. I mean I had to put my tesla in the garage, and I like, my tesla? What kind do you have? The fanciest one, self driving tesla?
Speaker 2: Even my daughter won't take it, and she's an environmentalist, she won't take it.
Speaker 1: I can't give this fucking thing away. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then there's like a model dancing and she's like, keep dancing, you're setting the vibe.
Speaker 1: Girl. Oh why, oh why?
Speaker 2: Toby Maguire is there with his teenage son. Everyone's doing small doses of LSD, getting shit fased on margs and daks, and just like go back and forth between talking about how surreal it is to be famous and around this many other famous people, and then like trying to justify why it's okay, and yeah, it's just they're like LARPing as people from before we knew that this is unsustainable. It feels like they're like, yeah, this feels like the nineties anyways.
Speaker 1: Uh, it just it feels like. Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, at the end, as the guy's getting off the boat, he gets a call from like one of the people involved with organizing it, and they're like, oh, could you not say that this person was there? Also this person And then like a little later they're like, actually, you can't write this article. He's like, yeah, sorry, I was there. You let me there. Yeah, I'm allowed to say what I saw. But makes sense that they wouldn't want him to say that. It's just I guess they get they're getting a little lazy and they chose not to like car bomb him or whatever. Likes a person who the Panama Papers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh brutal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, how sick would it have been to be there? You guys write the amount of stuff I would have stolen.
Speaker 5: All these people were doing drugs. I just be like checking all of the doors to all of their friends. You're gonna sell all this ship on eBay and then just like give all the money away help someone pay their rent. Like I would have been a problem on this.
Speaker 1: But like the FORCA signal.
Speaker 5: And like pointing it directly into the water, like I would have been a major fucking problem. So I don't know. I'm not sick for me personally.
Speaker 1: There's that high pitched squeal that don't ask, don't ask about it's fine.
Speaker 5: Two more drugs, two more drugs, two.
Speaker 1: More drug drugs. This is going to really freak you out. Winger on LSD and the and the Orc is finally up. They can smell it. They can smell the LSD through the whole of the boat. Orcas love LSD. They can't get enough of it. Their whole world's one big acid trip, those stupid fish.
Speaker 2: I will, I will admit that I'm a little hostile to this because I'm fucking a hater and I'm jealous, and like I just am not on my grind set hard enough, and like I wish I could have done that.
Speaker 1: You know, one of these.
Speaker 2: Days I'll taste what a true dacory taste like in the mouth of Tom Brady. That makes it sound like I want him to baby burd it to me, which is fine. And that's how they drink.
Speaker 1: There's no straws. They have to regurgitate food to one another just so it doesn't get contaminated by the upper middle class.
Speaker 5: I feel like that was the Epstein thing. I don't know if that was this yacht specifically.
Speaker 1: You're right, gets I confuse these two things. All it's easy to do.
Speaker 2: We have no glasses on this on this island, all drinks are mixed in mouths and regurgitated between guests. Toy, such a pleasure having you as always on the Daily zeit Geist. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. I have some podcasts that I do. You can find me there. White Homework that I do with Benjamin Fay. We talk about collective liberation, anti racism, and then I do a podcast called Go Home Bible You're Drunk with Justin Gentry and we talk about what it's like to survive all of the fascism when you grew up in all of the pre fascism of you know, just really hyper conservative evangelicalism. So yeah, I'm on Blue Sky occasionally Tory Glasts Guide to Social That's usually where you can find me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: What I'm up to is there a work in media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: Prop posted I don't know if it was like a tweet or a thread or something. It just really spoke to me. He goes, Look, man, when speaking on black people, anything said after the blacks in your sentence will most likely make me want to punch you with a throat. The blacks is the road ends and one hundred feet of your sentence.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that is for me, my god, prop is the best.
Speaker 1: Wait, where can people find you.
Speaker 2: Is there a working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: People can find me at Blake Wexler on all social media. I'm going to be doing my reviews are in show in Philly on August twenty third. I'm going to be in Wilkes Baerry, Pennsylvania doing stand up August twenty ninth to thirtieth, and then coming up Ashville, Arkansas, Boston. I also posted a video where I accidentally offered to suck off an entire audience of Daily zeyicing members, So you can check that out on my Instagram and then also work of media. So this is not if you're not a sports fan. This you don't have to be a sports fan who enjoy this. There is a announcer for the Phillies named John Cruck and he I don't know if he's losing his mind or what's happening, but he starts rambling during like these broadcasts about the craziest stories. Like John Oliver did a segment on him where he started talking about like playing in a prison. He's nuts. So he had another one that happened the other night where this Instagram account it's called the Philly fly fl Y posted about it, and he started talking about how you can just in the middle of a baseball game, if you apply twenty five pounds of pressure to a human ear, you could rip it off someone's head. He just started talking about that during a baseball game. And then he was like, Oh, I was at a museum and I learned it. And the other announcer goes, when were you at the museum and the guy goes crook goes what day is it? And he goes, It's Monday, and he goes, yesterday. That just doesn't matter. So the guy's completely losing it. So yeah, if you get a chance, you won't have to be a sports fan. You can just appreciate an old man slowly losing his mind during a baseball game. So yeah, amazing workmedia.
Speaker 2: I've been enjoying tweet from Demia did you eBay at electro lemon on Twitter tweeted, Oh, that trailer is bad. The movie must not be good, you goon, you stooge. Listen to yourself. A marketing team's trying to make your movie averse. Aun't buy a ticket and you want to take them at face value. You are weak. You won't survive the winter. You should be put down like a dog. I fully agree. I'm not gonna fully endorse that idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, movie trailers are not always indicative of quality of movie. You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscorell Brian on Blue Sky at Jack ob the Number One. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist.
Speaker 1: We're at the Daily Zeitgeist. On Instagram.
Speaker 2: You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and underneath the show description you'll find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Super producer Justin is there a song that you think the people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this song has a big lo fi sound that has like a slow tempo that makes a lot of space for them.
Speaker 1: It's gonna no, it's not gonna help, no, I thought, because it's low five.
Speaker 3: No, I mean no that okay, it's a ry no, we can stop that.
Speaker 1: Uh man, you really threw me off there.
Speaker 3: So the song is as a slow tempo, it has a lot of space for the dreamy chords and the silky vocals. Fittingly, it starts off with the sound of like a river or a creek and a forest or something, because it really makes me feel like I'm floating in warm water. So this song is called Meeting Pharaoh by Jadu Hart and you can find that song in the footnote.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit Yeah Heart Radio app Apple podcast wherever you listen your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it for us this week.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow with a cutdown of some of the best moments from this week's episodes. And then we're back on Monday morning. Miles back and we will tell you what was trending over the weekend and on Monday morning and we will talk to you all that Bye bye bye. The Daily Zeite Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long.
Speaker 5: Co produced by Bee Wag.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.