Speaker 1: You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ env Jesse Larius, Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Lola Rosa is with us as well, and we have a special guest on the line. The legend, the icon, the reason that we do what we do.
Speaker 1: The h and every morning was especially me. We have Wendy Williams on the line.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Wenday, Morning, Hi everybody.
Speaker 5: Hi Charlemagne, he's.
Speaker 2: Wendy, and Whendy's niece Alex is on as well. Alex, you're gonna be talking to right, Hey, Alex.
Speaker 5: That's why Alex, That's why these Alex and Charlemagne and I, by the way, have known each other for like twenty years and running.
Speaker 2: That is very true. Wow, Listen, Wendy, let's get right to it. I'm gonna tell everybody what's going on. Wendy Williams is currently trapped in a conservativeship. If you don't know what the conservatives ship business. When someone is in charge of making decisions on your behalf, and usually because the conservative is not able to make decisions for themselves, Wendy can make her own decisions. She is not cognitively impaired. She is not incapacitated. She is being taken advantage of. Right, Wendy, tell us what's going on.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, to start with my niece, Alex knows a lot as well, you know. But I am not cognitively impaired. You know what I'm saying. No, but I feel like I am in prison. You understand what I'm saying. I feel like like this, like like I'm in New York City, right and by the way, my apartment has been sold, thank god, you know, a while ago. But I you know, I'm in this place where the people are in their nineties and their eighties and their seventies, and even when people are sixty like me, Hey, I'm sexy and gorgeous. You know, I am sixty. I look look, look please July eighteenth, nineteen sixty four. Honey, Well look these people. I don't care if they're fifty and sixty they have like Look, there's something wrong with these people here on this floor. You understand what I'm saying. And I'm not saying something bad. I'm just saying that I am with these people. I am clearly not Look, I have breakfast, luncheon, dinner right here on the bed. All right, I watch TV, I listen to radio, I look at the window. I talk on the phone. And by the way, Alex, talk about this phone. Please, you've been right here where I am, so you know exactly what you're talking about. You flew from Miami to New York and you were right here with me.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, yeah, And you know what she's saying is exactly what's happened. She's there in New York in this place essentially like what to call a luxury prison. Right, this is her room. That's aely her apartment. But the thing about this apartment, and you know this not oney, because you're there.
Speaker 7: It's small.
Speaker 6: She has a bed, a chair, a TV, a bathroom, and she's looking out one window of buildings across the street.
Speaker 5: That excuse me, excuse me and excuse me through my money. You know, I had this person by the TV. You know the kind of TV. I like, a large TV. You understand what I'm saying through this person because all of my stuff is in storage. Understand what I'm saying. Everything's in storage. And by the way, that was to sell my apartment.
Speaker 2: But anyway, is the person your guardian is that who you're referring to your guardian. Yes, well you know Sabrina Morrissey is her name, and right now, any network, well if any network and Lifetime were sued by Sabrina. She claims, they exploited you in a vulnerable state. They exploited your condition. And I'm putting condition in air quotes. You signed to do that documentary without your consent. But any and Lifetime counter sued and said that Sabrina realized that documentary would question the quality of her own guardianship. It actually says in the lawsuit it appears that Morrissey is misusing her position as a guardian of Williams the silence criticism of her controversial and failed administration of the guardianship. They even used the words guardianship abuse. What do you think of that?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, you know, me and the person that you were just talking about as a guardian person, we watched that four part thing on TV together. She was the one who wanted to do that, you understand what I'm saying. So I'm watching and writing things down, and she's watching and writing things down, and I saw her or I saw all of that, by the way, and and and what do I think about being abused. Listen, Look, this system is broken. You know that, this system that I'm in, You know this system has falsified a lot.
Speaker 2: You know I said, you're cognitively impaired and you're incapacitated.
Speaker 5: Do I see that way?
Speaker 2: You've been calling me five times a day for the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: No, you don't, how Ary?
Speaker 5: How there? Excuse me? Who I naturally am is who I naturally am? You know what I'm saying, right, and and and my niece knows all about that crap. I'm sorry, apologizes.
Speaker 3: To be clear, you can't leave like they won't allow you to leave or have visitors family members. And now so you can't even leave and take a walk if you wanted to, or take a trip or visit family members. They give you a difficult time for that. And family members can't visit you.
Speaker 5: Where I am. Okay, you have to get keys to unlock the door, to press the elevator to go downstairs, first of all. Second of all, these people here, everybody is like nurse maids, so to speak. You know what I'm saying. They come in and they give your pills, you know what I'm saying, And then they leave and I told you.
Speaker 1: Not to take I told you don't take them pills.
Speaker 5: Excuse me. I've had two pills all of my life. Alex. You know what I'm talking about. You know what I'm saying talking about. There are seven pills. I have no idea what is this pill doing? What is it going to? Listen, I haven't been to a pill person in a matter of long time, you know what I'm saying, to the point where, excuse me, doctor, can you tell me what this pill is for? Excuse me, doctor? What pill? Do you you understand what I'm saying. Look for the last three year, I have been caught up in the system. This has been three years. I'm caught up in the system. Alex, go talk talk Alex.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean for three years. This is the reality. This has been our lives. So but specifically her life. She can call us, we can't call her. That's been the reality since twenty twenty three. That room that she's sitting in, that room that she's sitting in, she's there every day, all hours of the day, every week, every month.
Speaker 7: She's not getting proper sunlight. I went to New York.
Speaker 6: In October to visit her, and the level of security and the level of questions that there were in terms of who am I, why am I here, what's the purpose? I mean, it was absolutely just horrible.
Speaker 2: You know, Alex. We sent Lauren Lroossa, who works here on the Breakfast Club. You know, I connected her with Wendy a couple of days ago. Lauren went up there yesterday and tell them what happened.
Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was gonna ask you, Alex, what was it like this for you? When I got there, the people at the front were very aware that Wendy was there. They had me sign in, her name was in the system. They had to call Sabrina to even see if I could go up there, even though Wendy was on the phone with me when I arrived, and she let them know, Hey, this is my guest. I want to see her. I'll even come down. Please have someone bring me down, because as she said, she can't get in the elevator nor leave her room without them unlocking things for her. They were aware of that, and everything was fine, and I was waiting it. Called Sabrina a couple of times, and she didn't answer the phone when they called, and then all of a sudden, things just like flipped. These like men came out and they're like, who are you and what are you here for? I told them who I was. I told them I was there to see Wendy. They said, you don't have anyone here by that name.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 8: They never said to me, no, I didn't make did not make it upstairs. They basically told me. I didn't even feel comfortable still being in the lobby. The way that I was cheated like it was insane, especially being as though Wendy was on the phone with me when I walked in, and she spoke to the concierge herself and said, I want to see this person. She is here for me. And then these people are like, she's not even here, what are you talking about? And I'm like, I dealt with your colleagues that had me.
Speaker 1: Sign in for her.
Speaker 8: She's in your system, so you're gonna tell me she's not here? Or did you speak to Sabrina as well, because they said that was protocol. You have to call Sabrina first. We don't know Sabrina and we don't know Wendy. She's not here. They said that to me multiple times. Scary, scary, scary.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like she was in a safe space.
Speaker 8: Oh, I feel like if you're dealing with me like that and she's on the phone with you're telling you like, this is you know what I mean? I want to see her. This is my people, God forbid something happens to her and her family needs to get to fight. And I asked Wendy that after as I was walking out, I'm like, yo, man, like I've dealt with my mom and my grandmother went through medical stuff and a bunch of stuff. Right, I can't imagine I've been able to get to them see my mother, right, I said, this is when your family comes.
Speaker 3: And when he's like, yes, we got more with Wendy Williams when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning everybody at cej.
Speaker 4: NV Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast Club. Law on the roaster's head with us this morning. We're still kicking it with Wendy Williams and her niece Alex Charlomagne.
Speaker 2: You know, denying you visitation is a legal Wendy, Alex, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: As her niece?
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 6: When I went to visit her when and you know this, I was able to get up there.
Speaker 7: It was not a problem. But here's the.
Speaker 6: Thing is that Serrina, you know, wasn't communicative and that's her guardian wasn't communicative with me. It was almost as if she was waiting for the other shoe to drop so she could have a get you moment. When it comes with me the family and how we move about things. I mean, for someone that was you know, is so up in arms in terms of she can't be seen, there was no security for her. There was there was no you know, layout in terms of a plan how this is supposed to work. I mean, thank god, you know what I mean. I knew pretty what to do, you know, and the trip was fine. But this trip, unfortunately came off the heels of in July with my aunt's birthday, where I was supposed to go up there and spend her birthday with her, you know, and all of a sudden there was a lockdown on that.
Speaker 7: And not only was on that in terms of me visiting, but with you on Wendy, with being able to do what you want to do for your birthday. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No. For the last three years I've spent my birthday by myself. You know what I'm saying, which which you know what I'm saying, That's fine, that's fine, just because I would rather spend birth by by myself than open the door and spend my birthday with these people on this floor. Like like, look, this is what is called emotional abuse. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know I would call a guardianship abuse as well. And you know you talked about it a little bit when you saw the documentary. What did you think when you saw the documentary? Because that's what I got everybody, at least the general public concern.
Speaker 1: What did you think of that?
Speaker 5: You know what? What I thought about?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 5: Was that something that uh, well, first of all, I don't want to see I don't want to watch that again until I get to Miami, until I get you know, my life. Look, I don't care about watching that. You know what I care about I care about Look, I don't want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: I will, but I do want to ask Alex. He was, well, so what.
Speaker 2: You say, Windy can't say a lot legally correct. So don't think that, you know when you hear her, I don't think she's jumping around. She don't know what you're talking about. Yeah, she can't say a lot legally.
Speaker 3: And I was going to ask who's putting out like the rumors, like, you know, because a couple of months ago we heard, well, Wendy's having this problem and she's incapacitated, like he.
Speaker 2: Said, she's cognitively impaired because of alcohol. She's incapacitated, she's suffering from from dimension.
Speaker 4: Obviously it's not true.
Speaker 3: So do we know who's sending out those rumors to the press and to the blogs and all that.
Speaker 1: Do we know?
Speaker 4: Do we have any ideas?
Speaker 6: I mean, allegedly from what we're able to see, all of this comes from the Guardian, yep, in terms of, hey, she's incapacitated, all that.
Speaker 7: That's that's allegedly all all the Guardian.
Speaker 6: I'm only just saying allegedly just you know, obviously to protect all sides.
Speaker 3: But of course, yeah, because obviously it's not true. And the sad thing about it, it gives her the ability to keep doing this because we all feel like, oh, if that's the case, then yeah. But listening to Wendy speak and seeing Wendy a couple of weeks ago at her son's graduation, you understand that that's.
Speaker 1: Not the truth.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen. As much as I want my phone, she can't let me have my phone. You know what I'm saying, Like like I can call you, but you can't call me. You understand what I'm saying. I don't even know what kind of phone this is that I have. All I'm saying is that when I call you, you listen, if you don't call me back, you can't call me back. You understand what I'm saying. I can't. I can't sit on the phone, you know, and look at things. You know what I'm saying, and scroll through things. I can't do that. I do not have a laptop. You understand. I don't have an iPad. My life is My life is my goddamn life. You understand.
Speaker 1: How does this? How does this happen? Though, Wendy? How does this happen? Alex?
Speaker 2: How does she end up in a guardianship where you know, these people have so much control of her life? Because it's not like she does not have family. She has. She has her son Kevin Hunter and Jr. Like she has family, So how does this happen?
Speaker 5: Go ahead? No, I was going to say, you know what my life, you know, And Charlotmagne you know about my life. You know what I'm saying to get the was, as far as I'm concerned, was a one hundred percent fabulous thing. You know. I'm just saying. When I got divorced. Look, I had this lawyer. I don't even want to say her beautiful name, because I just because it was so great. I've gotten a divorce like nobody else has gotten in forced, and I don't want to talk about it. But Alex, you know about that. And Charlemagne, Charlemagne, did I even tell you about my divorce?
Speaker 1: You did? And I don't want to know nothing. I don't know anything, right, ruin me several times already, you know.
Speaker 5: No, no, look look it's bigger than that. But look look look look when I Okay, when I got divorced, You're right right, I moved to New York, you know what I'm saying, As opposed to in New Jersey, I was solo, just me and my cats. You know what I'm saying. I got these two twin cats who, by the way, my cats have been sold to. And I had no idea until I talked to that person last yesterday. You know saying, and she told me that my look, I no longer have my cat anyway. Look listen, I'm in New York, I'm solo. I'm still doing my show on TV right and I'm still doing my show. But I'm still saying okay because to me, you know, being on TV was you know, for me. You know, I'm not gonna lie that that was about money. Radio is my route. You understand what I'm saying. To be on radio to me is like God sent to me, and I was doing such great stuff back in the day.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, that's an understatement talking about.
Speaker 8: Just sit here right now, just hilarious? Is here me and Jesse sitting here right now, Wendy, just like you're going to figure out what how you doing when it is just hilarious? How you doing, Alex? What do you want people who are listening to do?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you want us to tweet?
Speaker 4: Do you want like? How can we because of you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right, all right? Too many people are talking at one time. One person, Paul my phone is like.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, ma'am, this is just hilarious. How you doing, miss Wendy.
Speaker 1: I wanted to know what you want people who are listening to do. What do you want us to do?
Speaker 4: Should we tweet? Should we get online?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: How how do you what do you want us to do?
Speaker 4: Also, Alex, what do you want?
Speaker 6: Well, we've talked about this and that is there's the hashtag free Wendy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: There's also a change dot org petition as well, and also just just making as much noise as possible, you know, potentially, you know, go fund me whatever we have to do to make sure that my aunt is in a place where she is living her life in dignity a woman that she is.
Speaker 7: Now, that's what we're going to do.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, I have fifteen dollars. I've been here. What does that do?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: And you know my money is in prison. That's right, That's right, And you know, and I I.
Speaker 6: Just want to I just want to underscore what you were saying Charlene as well, and that is this is still a legal situation. So yes, there are things that my aunt just can't talk about. There are things that we as a family can't talk about, you know. But I think that the thing that we can talk about is the fact that my aunt sounds great. I've seen her in a very limited capacity, but I've seen her, We're talking to her. This does not match an incapacitated person. And she like, That's why we say she's in like a luxury prison, because she is being held and she is being punished, you know what I mean, for whatever reason that other people are coming up with as to why is she asked to be kept in this position. We're not asking, you know, for a whole lot. And I'm going to speak for myself, I'm not asking for.
Speaker 7: A whole lot.
Speaker 6: All I'm saying is just treat the woman with dignity and give her the freedoms that she deserves.
Speaker 3: We got more with Wendy Williams when we come back. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. What are your thoughts on this? Guardian shit?
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts on how they are treating Wendy? Call us up.
Speaker 1: Let's discuss this the Breakfast Club Good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarry is Charlamagne the guy? We are to Breakfast Club it with Wendy Williams and her niece Alex Finney Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: Let's say what Wendy wants.
Speaker 2: Wendy wants to be, you know, released out of this conservativeship. But she wants to be in Miami with her family, with you, Alex, and with you know, the rest of the family, her son. She wants to be in Miami. She's made this known. She's you know, told everybody she needs to tell. I don't know why it's not happening. I want to say no, no.
Speaker 5: Let me let me just say and then you can go back to charlamade. Let me just say about Miami. Okay. You know it started out with my parents, you know, to Miami. We're all from New Jersey, but near New York. So you listen to Radio New York. You see Radio New York. You know what I'm saying. Asbury Park, New Jersey. Okay, that's where I was born, all right, But then you know, I moved up to Ocean Township and then my parents were the first ones in the family that said, no, we're tired of the cold and the winter and the ice. So they moved. And this was years ago, you know what I'm saying. I was twenty seven when they moved to Miami. Anyway, the entire family now lives in Miami. And and look, my son, my son, my son is doing such a great job. As a matter of fact, I saw him. Look, he graduated and I was in Miami, and that was a few about a month ago, Alex. Talk about the great time that we had and seeing my dad. We all went out and had like a party at one point.
Speaker 1: Your dad's gonna be at ninety four next week, I mean.
Speaker 5: Next month, right, listen, ninety four. That that's a whole nother thing. Like I don't know whether I'm allowed to fly to Miami to say happy birthday to my dad, to get him. I want to get him. Look, look, look that person that you talk about who's holding me hostage, Morrissey.
Speaker 2: Your god on, we gotta say her name. We gotta put her name out there, Sabrina morris Then.
Speaker 5: I don't know that she's going to let me because she already said to see my dad for his birthday. You know he's gonna be ninety four, and and all I can look, look, look, look, look, please continue to talk, Alex. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Can I say something out to you? Know?
Speaker 2: You know you lost your grandmother, Alex Whendy, you lost your mother. You were in the conservativeship when that happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wow, Well, well here's the thing.
Speaker 6: She was not in the conservativeship when that happened, but that period of time was right before. And to know that she may not be able to come down here for my grandfather's ninety fourth birthday every day is not promised. One thing that I know that my aunt wanted and we talked. We talked about this nauseum. She wants to be here for his birthday. And the fact that they're playing games about my grandfather being able to see his daughter and my aunt being able to see her father.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, that is just absolutely sickening.
Speaker 5: Like I'm exhausted thinking about what if I can't see my dad for his birthday, you know at ninety four, you know the day after that is not comic. It's not promise.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I have things from my dad that's in Storrid and here. They are little things that I say, you know, I'm not going to give it to them, but I'm going to sew them and make them so that they look perfect on me. You know what I'm saying. Yes, I know how to sew. I've known how to sew for years, you know what I'm saying. But I'm saying, like I want to give my dad some sort of fragrance. You know, I want to go to Sophora and pick and Choo's what yea, my life is like up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alex, Alex, do you think you think that there'll be some type of there'll be some type of retaliation from the Guardian because of you know, maybe this phone call or.
Speaker 6: Because yeah, wow, we've talked about that, you know, my aunt even with her wine to come on, we talked about all scenarios. I said, you know, do this, You're ready for what's on the other side. And as she said, I have to do this. There's nothing else I could do. At this point, she's prepared to this back and her phone might be taken away.
Speaker 5: If they take my phone, I won't be able to talk to anybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, you all what you're hearing now, this is a few minute clip of what we've been dealing with for the last several months, in the last two three years. Now, Like she can get moved and we may not even know where she's where she is, that was the reality of where she was during the documentary. We weren't permitted to go see her. So this whole documentary aired, nobody's able to call her nobody's able to see her. You know, the reason why I was doing the stuff with the View and Good Morning America was because she was nowhere to be found in the meantime.
Speaker 5: You that listen, here's the weird thing, right, And while we were talking, while you're on the View, right, I got the telephone number. I could call Joy Behar, but my number is with the guardian. I could call my friend Rosanna Scato. I could call Fat Joe. I could call Alex. My number not in storage, but my guardian person has my phone.
Speaker 1: God, nam, Alex, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Had it for three years?
Speaker 2: By the way, she's had your phone for three and she got control of all your bank accounts and everything.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, that's what the news reports, and the news reports that you have control of your bank accounts and everything.
Speaker 3: Besides the Instagram and the social media. Who who can we write? Do we have an email for some people to say, yo, what's going on? What's up.
Speaker 5: Ahead? Can I tell you something other than when I was able to purchase like a whole bunch of like I got like nail polished and lipstick and things like that. Otherwise, when because I'm here in New York. The Guardian. Has somebody get me like nail polish, you know, like the normal things that I like, Like I need a new hair brush, please, you know, go out and get it for me and bring it back. Oh no, this is not the one that I want, But I guess this is the one that I'm forced to use. You know what, you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about eyelashes? What about eyelashes?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 5: Look, look, look the full hair, makeup and wardrobe.
Speaker 8: Saying Today she said she was stories up. She saw him at the window. She said, is that a Chanel bag? I said, incapacitated about that? She spotted it back from floors up.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know Chanel with me, But I also have an air Mes with me right here. Okay, labels, Darling, we got fifteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Cut it out. Listen.
Speaker 2: Wendy's attorney Linda Raleiski. I think that's how you pronounce her last name. She made a contribution. This is what I heard. She made a contribution to the judge after she was assigned to your case.
Speaker 1: Is really isn't that a conflicandrest?
Speaker 6: I would say so, yes, yes, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. There you have my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: And I'd be happy for somebody to prove me wrong and tell me why Wow, give me the fact as to why that's not.
Speaker 4: We got more with Wendy Williams when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. J V Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Lawn and roast is here with us this morning. We're still kicking it with Wendy Williams and her niece Alex Finney Lauren.
Speaker 8: Alex, I have one more question for you and when you can chime into how does this affect her health? Because I know we we followed her a journey with like grave disease and stuff like that, but like being emotionally distressed like this, that can't be good for her just healthwise, and that's supposed to be the point of the conservativeship.
Speaker 4: So what's that light?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you know, I mean, imagine you're sitting in a in a space every single day, you're not getting sunlight. You're you're you're not able to leave, to leave your place. You can't see people, you can't you can't just have free conversation. You know, you do this day in and day out for months, off years at a time. Mentally, that breaks you down in ways that I can't even imagine.
Speaker 7: I mean, we know that there have been stories when.
Speaker 5: I tell you something. And this is a fact I asked the other day. I said, listen, you know my thyroid. You know, I want to go to the person that I've been going to for years. I've got her name, you know what I'm saying, And that is who I want to go to again. You know what I'm saying, because thyroid, thyroid I've had for twenty four years. I found out about thyroid, you know, around the time well at the time that I was trying to get pregnant. And my son is my son is twenty four. So that's how I can, you know, tell you know my thyroid anyway, And she told me that I wouldn't be going there because my pill for thyroid is perfect. The pill that I have for cyroid is perfect. I'm like, okay, so what does that mean. Look, this is my life, people, this is my life. You know what I'm saying. This is my goddamn life.
Speaker 6: The bottom line is my aunt hasn't had I mean, we talked with this yesterday. She hasn't had, from what I understand, a medical evaluation to see if her rights can be restored.
Speaker 7: And it seems as though that instead of this guardian Sabrina, you know, working.
Speaker 6: With her, it seems though she's made it difficult every which way for my aunt to be able to live any sort of healthy, independent life.
Speaker 7: And you know, it's almost as if she doesn't.
Speaker 6: Want my aunt to show that she's healthy and independent because as we know about these guardianships, and as MyAnna said, the system's broken because the longer she's under this guardianship, the longer they have the keys to her life, for her personal, her financial, her emotional, everything, you know. And so that's the reality of the guardianship system.
Speaker 7: It's overloaded.
Speaker 6: You know, there's a reason why they're looking at the New York guardianship system right now. There's a reason why lawmakers are calling on state leaders to reform this system. It's because it's broken, and it's a shame that we're in this place. I know, I'm getting really emotionally charged right now, but this is how sickening it is and how tired I am of having to talk about this and have these conversations with my aunt, you know, because it's not just her, you know. And thank God that we have platforms like this that we can go on and we can we can talk about this. But there is a lack of scrutiny across the board. We know, there's a lack of funding. There are too few guards for the amount of people under this system, you know, and as a result, a lot of things go unchecked. There's a lot of neglect as well as obviously we know as well, financial exploitation of some of the most vulnerable people.
Speaker 7: That's the reality. Those are facts, it's written in print.
Speaker 6: And my aunt is one of those people, one of the over what twenty eight thousand people under guardianship in New York. She's one of those people that's under this situation. So, yes, this is about her. Yes we want her back, Yes we want her freed. Yes we want her to live with dignity and be able to move on with her life. But this her story is a fight that many other people are going through as well, and they don't have the resources. So imagine where that they stand at this point. And that's why I'm so passionate about this.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, you us, Alex, you brought up something that you know they bought up.
Speaker 2: In the A and E lawsuit, it said the documentarians have not spoken positively about William's guardianship. There's a bill in the New York legislature right now that's designed the curve guardian abuse and prevent guardian from restricting access to family members. That's what the executive producer Mark Ford told Culture in February twenty twenty four. I'm not sure where that bill stands, but this is the perfect illustration of a family that wants to be in touch, wants to be.
Speaker 1: Involved, but for whatever reason, can't. That's real.
Speaker 2: That's really the purpose of his phone call, just to let everybody Wendy Williams is currently trapped in the conservativeship. And you know she's not cognitively in paired, she's not incapacitated.
Speaker 1: She's just being taken advantage of you.
Speaker 5: And also remember I feel like I'm in prison. I am definitely isolated, you know what I'm saying. You know, you know, and to talk to these people who, like I said, who live here, you know, that is not my cup of tea. Do you understand what I'm saying. I mean, you know, they're good people, but I keep the door closed. I watch TV, you know what I'm saying. I listen to radio, you know, and I watched the window, you know, and I sit here like as my life goes by. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And you know what, Lauren, Lauren, I want to say something because I did hear yesterday about you going and it was like the whole mess which you just explained, Yes, that happened, and the and the alarm bells started ringing. That's when my aunt was told. Oh, and I'm paraphrasing here, but but you know, your cats chit chat in my way, and anybody that's the Ondie fan knows how much my aunt loves chit chat in my way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I gave those cats away. You don't have anymore.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, your dad's birthday, your dad's birthday, Well that's up in the air.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have to talk with Linda.
Speaker 1: And she's getting punished there.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's like she's getting punished for just trying to be a normal person about society and.
Speaker 7: To live exactly.
Speaker 1: So they took cats, yes.
Speaker 7: So so that's what she told me yesterday, right when.
Speaker 5: That's I had. I had no idea that they were. I had no idea that they actually took my cats. You know what I'm saying. You know, I wanted my cats with me. You understand what I'm saying. And I actually that's my friend Lauren. I was saying, Lauren, you know what I'm saying. You know, come, you know about the cats anyway, So my cats are gone everybody, and I did not know that until I talked to my guardian person and she told me that the cats are. I said, you mean they are gone, gone, gone, gone, gone chit chat and my way, my twin cats, they're gone. They're gone.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so getting rid of the cats.
Speaker 2: Won't let won't let you possibly see your father next next month for his ninety fourth birthday.
Speaker 4: She can't leave.
Speaker 5: Don't care, don't say, don't say it.
Speaker 1: Won't that said, possibly said, I said possibly.
Speaker 2: What I'm what I'm getting at is all of this feels like some sort of retaliation because of you know, what they've been seeing in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, my god, my god, my god, my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's what this is.
Speaker 5: DJ Envy. By the way, Hi, DJ Envy, Wendy.
Speaker 2: I told Envy that you thought he was gay because you saw him on TV with Tammy Roman buzzing his.
Speaker 5: Look. Look, look, bive me alone, dj V. I remember that that you came to me when I was doing radio and you weren't even into radio at that point. Yes, but you know what you and Charlottage good good things that you people are doing. You know what I'm saying, Good for you thanks to people like me.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't for you, Wendy, we wouldn't be doing the things that we're doing now. So I appreciate all that you have done and all the trials and tribulations. Like we we are on your shoulder, like if it wasn't for for you, we wouldn't be here.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much. Thank you for having big shoulders.
Speaker 5: Absolutely just you know what, and and thank you for thank you for that, Thank you ver for that. Anyway, continue to talk, Alex hold On.
Speaker 1: I want to say, I think I think we said enough.
Speaker 2: I just want this is a fu this is a few that I wanted to light so I know it will explode and then we'll know what to do next after this correct And and I want everybody that's in that system that Wendy is currently in, I want them to know that we know what's going on.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know what I mean. So she's not she's not alone out here.
Speaker 2: You can't just isolate Wendy Wiams and make her disappear.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 6: And the last thing I want to see Sherman, just to what you were saying, is anybody that knows my aunt. My aunt has always been a unique personality.
Speaker 7: You know, that is who she is.
Speaker 6: How she's talking now, and how it's you know, she goes from one topic to the.
Speaker 7: Next is a spin right back to the other topic.
Speaker 1: Watch her.
Speaker 6: So for people that don't know her, meaning you're looking and you're like, huh.
Speaker 7: If you know her what she's known very widely, you know that's.
Speaker 4: Who she is.
Speaker 6: Don't try to twist who she is as if oh there's something wrong with her. No no, no, no, no, you just don't know her the way we do.
Speaker 3: Not even that, Alex, all the stuff that she's been saying for years is coming to fruition.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about that to proved that she's not prove she's not cognitive stuff she's been talking to. Wendy, you got fired from high ninety seven years ago because of Diddy. All these years later to see where Diddy currently is, what do you feel about that situation?
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, when I watch TMZ and I see the stuff that goes on, I'm like, oh my god, And then all of a sudden, I see me on TMZ. You know what I'm saying. It's really weird seeing me on TV when I'm caught in this position. You know what I'm saying. The other day, I was watching Cookout and there I am in the first opening scene. I was like, oh my god, Season one, episode thirteen, There I am on Martin. You know what I'm saying. And as far as Diddy, Diddy will go to prison for life. People, you don't know things that I do about Diddy back in the day. And you want to know what it's about time? People, It is about time Diddy done, dude, I'll do to day.
Speaker 6: Wendy Queen had spoken, there you have it.
Speaker 1: That's right. This is just the first step of MANI Alex love you, Wendy love you. Yes, yea Alex.
Speaker 4: Emotional crying.
Speaker 2: Yes, and please to all her guardianship and everybody else, y'all cannot hide, Wendy, do not hear this phone call and see this all in the news, and you're gonna take away her phone and you're gonna isolate her.
Speaker 1: No, we know the address, what she at?
Speaker 2: That's right, Okay, We're gonna stay right, and we hope that she's We hope to see her next month in Miami with her father celebrating his ninety fourth birthday and her family do it.
Speaker 1: And we hope that she gets to live in Miami as well.
Speaker 3: That's right, and start a podcast yet.
Speaker 4: Wendy, Alex, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 2: Not right, not everybody and Wendy, Wendy, yes, come on, you know what you got.
Speaker 1: You can't just end with we love you. You know what you gotta in with? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Win? Shout it out?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning,