Speaker 1: Hey, it's leading off. What's up everybody. It's Chris Wells. Should joining me on this beautiful Thursday is Andrew Seifter and we are in the house to get you set for all your playoffs, all your stuff, all your things. Talk about rookies who we were gonna maybe cut, who hit home runs, and you know that guy, Aaron Judge. Of course, Andrew Andrew fifty five homers for Aaron Judge, no big deal. Also getting a little Barry Bond's treatment. Five walks in the doubleheader yesterday. Aaron Judge is quite the MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's you know, we've had this discussion about Otani versus Judge, and Otani has the edge because of the pitching, but Judge is making it really hard to dispute what he's doing.
Speaker 3: It's it's really impressive.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think I saw Gray from Rasball on Twitter doing that comparison to Barry Bonds and talking about how you remembers playing fantasy when Barry Bonds set that home run record, and it really is starting to feel like that with all these walks and twenty more home runs than anybody else in the league.
Speaker 3: It's really special.
Speaker 1: It is in that range and pitchers and teams are starting to approach him like that. I don't think any team is going to want to be the team that is going to give up, you know, the call the homer, the big one that's going to break any records. So we'll see how that goes the rest of the way. And funny enough, we had the Wonky bonus yesterday. Dang by the way, the don't remember this the Otani versus Judge of trying not to. I'm trying to avoid going into it. Just can't help it. Sometimes it's always so tough too with these things where it's like every day one of the big pieces of news, it's like it's O Tawny or Judge doing something and they both hit homers yesterday and Judge just keeps going. So I apologize, of course, but we don't need to go through the MVP conversations or anything like that. But it was funny because yesterday Wonky had the bonus for the home run call, which the bonus was taking a player who had a double digit number like eleven, twenty two, thirty three, and you would get to rock with that, except Judge wasn't available because Judge was in a double header. That's part of the home run contest rules, which I found out a couple months ago, and there was a controversy. Bradley was calling us out on it. Joe got back into it all in fun, and Judge of course, was the only double digit number guy to hit that home run and it did not count for anybody but number fifty five. Now five away, we are in the five homer territory of greatness across the board. Five more for sixty and five more for seven hundred for pool holes. So it's actually it's a pretty kind of fun time right now, with the twenty ish days left of baseball to get going. Andrew, I'm gonna get your take on this. Yesterday, Kelly and I were talking about Corbyn, Carroll talk about rookies in general. Connor Henderson has been really you know, you and I think had this conversation a week or so ago where it's like the end of the day when these top prospects are going to come up and they're going to get regular time. Most likely the person you're going to ask us, like, hey, should I cut this guy, it's probably going to be a yes. You know, we were cutting with Merrifield. We were cutting them into Rosario. We're cutting some of these players to bring in these guys. Gunner's played well and Corbin had not really been playing fantastic. First couple of games are good, kind of cool down a little bit sitting versus lefties occasionally. Well, yesterday, this does what he does, picks it back up, hits his first Carol barrel as I like to call it, got his first home run, was two for four, got his average backup. He's now into the two eighties. I'm going to get your take on how volatile you are willing to be with a lot of these rookies right now if they're struggling, How quick on the burnon churn are you going to be and how tightly do you want to hold on to guys like Gunner and Corbyn Carrol to make sure they get it right with these last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really tough because you know, in a redraft league, as we get closer to the end of the season, you just you're you're more excited about these players than it really warrants, to be honest, because they are, like you said, volatile. They could be great or they could struggle. So it depends what sort of position you're in. If you're in a rotissary league and you've got a lead and you're just trying, you know, if you just take care of business, you're gonna win. You should go for more stable players in that situation. I would argue if you're in a if you need to you know, cat's lightning in a bottle like we talk about, and make make up ground on people in these final weeks, or you have a head to head playoff matchup and you look at the other team and you say that team looks better than my team. I need something special. I need Corbyn Carroll. In that situation, I would absolutely roll the dice on it. So it really does matter your individual situation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I think we tend as fantasy analysts to get super excited about these young prospects, but if you're not in a keeper of dynasty league, you're really just making a bet on who's going to be best in these next three Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the positive is that Carol's moved up in the order a little bit. I think he's hitting five dinbacks, has been hitting really well, so that's something to keep positive about with all of the rookies coming up. One of the interesting things that's going on. Bog and I on the in This League Fantasy Baseball podcast, we're looking at hot bats for the last two weeks. Pickups. You could do some of the top pickups. You have some guys that you know are stealing some basses, you know, Michael Taylor, Josey Sirius stealing bases versus let's take out Gunner and Corman for a second. Take those guys off the table versus a lot of hitting prospects. Because those two are specifically five tool there's not a lot of those guys, and those are the biggest names, But there are some big name prospects that are sitting around that aren't like that. You've got Trista Consis, You've got Michael Tolia, who hit another homer yesterday and getting the call tomorrow. Is Josh Young jay U n G looks like Jung. It's young Josh Young with the Rangers is getting the call up. And this is another one of these guys you know. Funny enough, I told you guys, what was it like five weeks ago when he was rehabbing right across the street and I was at his first game he had had in like a year, and now you know he's one hundred and twenty four at bats through the minor leagues at least, you know, rookie ball and triple A hit nine homers, had one stolen base two sixty six. But here's my point, as you've got these guys with great hit tools, Young would be my prioritization over both causes and Tolia. Tolia might be number two right now over Casses because of the power, but these are not stolen base options. So you have high hit tool prospects getting every day playing time versus kind of boring Jose Siri, Michael Taylor's, who are doing a little bit of everything with stolen bases. How would you prioritize the boring no name, they're hot going right now series and Michael Taylor's versus no stolen bases but hot hit prospects out of Josh Young, Cassis and Michael Tolia.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it really depends again on format. You know, first of all, you need to be in that road league where you need those steals. If you need the steals, you got to follow the steels. You know, I would argue though that there's another prospect you didn't even mention that I would prefer over at least a couple of those guys, and that's Alec Burrelson, who just got the call with the Cardinals, because that guy's actually been mashing in the minors, unlike Josh Young, who I love long term, but let's be real, his minor.
Speaker 3: League numbers don't look that special.
Speaker 2: So I think we're at a part of the season now where I'm less concerned about who's the higher prospect and you know, going to be the best in five years from now.
Speaker 3: I want to know who's going to be the best next week.
Speaker 2: And you know, there's also an argument for stepping into the Cardinals lineup. That's a fantastic lineup. I think we've seen this with the Braves as well. When when these prospects get this opportunity in this loaded lineup, they have better lineup protection, They're going to have more ability to drive in runs. So I think that that makes a real difference in fantasy. So, you know, I like guy like TOTALLYA sure, I'll play them at cores if you know, if you see the schedule and he's got some games combat at cores. But He's still got a ton of swing and miss to his game, so he could really struggle. It's you know, and strike out four times in a game any at any given time.
Speaker 3: So I like Burlson right now.
Speaker 1: So you go, would you go? Because it's just about at the same level here, would you go Burlson over Josh Young? As far as what you're going to prioritize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it's not a keeper league, I'll take Burlson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean Burlson has had a fantastic minor league season this year. Twenty homers, three point thirty one. He's hit one hundred and forty three hits on the year, three seventy two LOVP, and he moved three levels last year, which was really impressive. He spent the entire year at TRIPAA this year. Last year was a pretty successful season. Doesn't steal a whole lot, but also doesn't strike out a whole bunch. You gotta imagine he's probably going to be hitting seven or eight for this team, and hopefully that's going to be you know enough, but you know, they got a lot of injuries on that front. He's going to get some work. It's not a bad gig. I still dig Josh Young. That's going to probably might be where I go with it. But Burlson is a nice sneaky pickup, and you know, sneaky pickups is kind of the game plan. It's the play of the day here. Jake McCarthy has been that large noop barge. It happens to be in the chat right here with these days. These guys have been sneaky pickups this year. And the biggest strategy really everybody can be given is just have you know, a short memory. You know, if you have to cut a guy, just kind of forget about him and move on, you know, don't think about it because there's only so much time here. And Bagman brought this great point we were talking about this is a big one. We're talking about Louise Robert and how Robert has struggled. He has struggled. I think he's like hitting under two hundred in the last two weeks, in the last month, it hasn't been great. And someone in a little bit of a smaller league was dealing with a situation of like should we drop Robert? And they listed off some players that are out there with guys like Brian Reynolds and kind of renfro and Jake McCarthy, and we said, at the end of the day, here's an experiment for you. Think of what Robert's line is going to be the rest of the season, and think of what it's going to look like from those stream mean bats. If you could start streaming them, get Renfro in for three days, get McCarthy in, you're probably going to beat it exponentially what Robert does the rest of this year with those type of streaming options. So you know, it's a case by case situation of what's available out there, but streaming at this point is probably going and obviously your pickups are going to be something to think about, but it's probably going to outperform these names that are just sitting out there hitting two twenty.
Speaker 3: And I'm yeah, no, absolutely, I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's like you know, as analysts, when we put together our rankings, that's something I think is really important to do is try to actually put real projections out there in your mind, like what put numbers to your biases, you know, and see how it works out, because oftentimes, like you said, you'll find out that your bias was way off and even though one guy might be the more exciting dynamic player, the other guy actually will help you win your league more in these next few weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly a few other headlines here. Kyle Finnegan gave up five earned runs in the b botom of the ninth to allow Saint Louis a six to five victory in plosion is what we would call.
Speaker 2: That, Andrew, Yeah, you usually asked me when I come on, how I'm doing, and I was all prepared to start with that because that really ruined my day. I'm trying to close out a fantasy title here, and I have Kyle Finnegan in my lineup.
Speaker 3: That's a serious killer.
Speaker 2: The only saving grace is it's a roto league and not a head to head playoff matchup where I would pretty much sink me instantaneously, so I could still try to hold on.
Speaker 3: But that was sure not something I was looking to see.
Speaker 1: I was about to tell you it might be closed out either way for you, just the result might not be exactly what you want. And this is a very big surprise one because I was just talking about this yesterday, like I said on ITL and this is not the news that we saw and This came down today because I was at the point of saying, you probably could move on, but wander Franco is going to meet the Rais in New York and could be activated as early as Friday. Whoa, because wander Franco has had his rehabstint stopped twice with soreness and injury in that wrist, and the race just said screw it. And this is I wish, by the way, more teams would do screw it at this point in the year and having to throw a guy into a rehab stint, have him do that at the major leagues like plenty of these guys. Now, obviously he does a younger guy and he's had some struggles and stuff, so I get it. But these extended minor league times, especially for veterans and stuff, is always silly to me. And they just said, screw it, we're gonna get him at the majors. They're going to activate him as of Friday. That is not what I expected, and you're gonna be able to get some wander production whatever that's going to be. Unfortunately, what I do hate to say is I might throw wander back into that same Louise Robert conversation of saying, you know, obviously, if you're in a deeper league, this doesn't matter, like me, But if you're in like a ten or twelve and you've got like a right full, you know, set of free agents out there that I'm not sure you won't be able to do better streaming at this point instead of just locking into one because we really just don't know, you known hand and risk and all those type of injuries, there's a lot of sapping power that kind of went away for Wander. It was really that beginning of the month. And I know you haven't been very big on Franco, so you're probably not jumping up and down for joy that he's going to be activated.
Speaker 2: No, I hate it that I'm becoming like the Wander Franco hater, but yes, I guess I'll just own it. When it comes to category leagues, you know, he just hasn't shown, you know, what power is there really to sap. I mean, he has five home runs in fifty eight games this season. Never really put up massive home run numbers in the minors either. So he's a great long term prospect, but at least with Luis Robert, like he gives you the category juice. It's just a question of can he actually be on the field. I mean, he's just always missing time. But with Franco, even when he's been on the field, even before the injury, when he was healthy, his production was not as advertised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think when you say, like where what power is, it's about the potential with him, it's there, it's just not tapped into and it's going to get there. With Franco. That's why I have such a still long term like aggressiveness on him, and the hit tool is solely But you know, I had a problem with him in draft season where I remember I remember giving a piece of p a crap for it. We were doing a draft. I think he did it with us very very early on, and he had taken Wander like in the second round, and I was like, dude, I just can't do it because there's so many guys out here, there's so many short steps out here with better counting stat potential production that I'm not going to eat all these rounds of value just for batting average. And that's kind of where Franco unfortunately is sitting. But either way he's going to be activated for you guys that want to end up making those moves. Here's some injuries.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Soto was removed from Wednesday's game after getting hit by a pitch on his back. He says, so definitely be ready for Friday's game to open up the weekend series against the Dodgers. So a little bad, but a little good that he'll be back, you know, protect our Wan Sodos. Except you know, he hasn't really been hitting that well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think his biggest injury right now be a bruised ego actually, because he's been getting booed by his home fans there in San Diego.
Speaker 3: And San Diego is not a place that is known for us.
Speaker 1: We created all this stuff. Chill, chill, chill. We need him to re sign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's not a it's not a place that's known for it's uh, you know, vitriol I would say it's a pretty laid back place from from my experience. But he's certainly struggled since he got there. And you know, Jan Soto is a really great guy, but this is a lot of pressure for him to walk into right into a playoff chase, and with with those contractual issues and the amount of of prospects that they gave up to get him, So it's a lot of pressure, and he was having kind of a disappointing season even even before he went to the Padres. He's now barely a top one hundred overall player in five by five leagues, which is really I mean, he's barely more of He's barely the most valuable Sodo in fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boo Gregory Soto's shot. I don't like that. This is actually kind of my take that Wonky had that they're taking out their anger on Tatisa.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think there's just a lot of like frustration because it's a it's like a super ish team that the Padres keep building and mortgaging future and they can't get over the hump and they can't win games, and the frustration kind of pours over a little bit. It'll be interesting to see how Sodo progresses. Tyler O'Neil sitting out Thursday with next stiffness. I thought I saw this morning. Maybe I was incorrect, but I thought I saw he went on the il and that was what pushed Alec Burlson. But maybe not.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why Dylan Carlson is on the IL. That's what it was.
Speaker 1: Dylan Carlson was put on the I L and Tyler and' neil sitting, which has got Alec Burlson in and an MRI confirmed an ankle sprain for Wilson Contreras no structural damage here, and a note is fantasy managers should consider moving on from him as he might not play the rest of the way. This is a note from Wonky, which, yeah, I agree with that. I agree if you've got a sprained ankle near the cubs, I'm not really sure what that's going to look like the rest of the year. There's probably going to be better options that are going to be sitting out on the wire, and I would as well. I would probably move on from Contras if you need to. I always want to give that as a preface, because I think everybody throws around all these statements like, oh, you can cut him, you can get rid of him, and it's like, well, if you need to, if you've got an IL, drop the guy in an ale, then you don't have to have any of these worries. But if you are in an IL crunch. I do have a couple of leagues where miles are full and I've got to start making decisions. And if that's the case, this is probably somebody you can move on from due to that injury and the lack of production. You're going to get rest of you or do you agree with that? I do?
Speaker 2: I think you know, an added wrinkle here is that he's an impending free agent, So I feel like the Cubs they don't have any reason to rush him back. They probably need to start figuring out the position long term. And you know, I think this is a reasonable moment for them to basically say, Okay, thank you for your service. It's time for us to go in a new direction.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, look at the chat too. They're just they're ready to jump on the Padres to Drury fell off a wall. Chris said, wasn't he supposed to be the next mantle for Soda? Oh? They're turning they're alternate. That's actually you know, this is really funny. Bagman brought this up to me of like, he's like, have you ever seen like Padres Twitter? And I do, But I see the positive side of Padres Twitter since I cover a lot of their minor leagues out here locally, and you know, I get video of these guys. I'm around a lot of these guys, so I get all the positivity of the people that are like the future, and hey, all these prospects, and they get very excited that I'm sharing stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well I live I live in the Washington, DC area, so I have a little different perspective on it. You know, he was so beloved in this area, and you know, DC is on the East Coast, but the fan base is not like the Northeast.
Speaker 3: I mean, I grew up in Boston. You know, the fan base in d C is very different.
Speaker 2: They really love their players and they maybe don't expect that much of them, honestly. But I think the real disappointment here was, of course that when they traded trade Turner, the whole reason was so they could keep Jan Soto and then that didn't turn out happening either.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's it's always tough with these things.
Speaker 2: These guys that are loved with the team that they come up with, they go to a new situation and they don't have that history with that fan base, so it's huge expectations, a lot of pressure, and it can go sour really quickly.
Speaker 1: Very very true. No time all right, little palette cleanser. Here a couple things This day in baseball nineteen seventy two, Fergie Jenkins of the Chicago Cubs beat Philadelphia Phillies four to three for his twentieth victory of the season. It was his It was the sixth straight year the Jenkins won at least twenty games. Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can only think of a handful of guys that have won twenty games in the last like ten or fifteen years. And unfortunately, the first one that comes to my dumb brain is Ian Kennedy because with the diamondback, so think of six straight seasons. Fergie Jenkins was quite the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm curious how many starts he made that season, because I feel like that was the tail end of the era where pitchers would just throw three times.
Speaker 3: A week or something like that. I'm not sure he actually was doing that though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's psibility. Here's another modern day era question for you, and you can partake in this one. This one I just thought was fascinating. I was really interested in it. And the question is who holds no cheating Anybody who holds the modern era record for most consecutive strikeouts to begin a game. And this is a two parter. I'll give you credit for what's the number, and then the player, because I think that's like if you if someone says the guy in the number, I'm gonna immediately think you cheated. There's no way. But again, the question is who holds the modern era, modern era record for most consecutive strikeouts to begin a game? So bang, bang boom, they keep going. I will accept either the number and the name. I'll give you credit if you get the number. Any guesses to who this person is. The one other hint I will give you it is like, uh, you know, it's a guy that's going now.
Speaker 2: No, it is okay, because I was going now maybe it was that Fergie Jenkins trivia, but I was I had my mind back in the sixties with like Bob Gibson or Sandy Kofags or something.
Speaker 1: No, it's a guy that's pitching, you know this season, So modern day consecutive strikeouts to begin a game?
Speaker 3: How about Verlander?
Speaker 1: It's a great guess. That is not but that's a great guess.
Speaker 3: Nine nine strikeouts.
Speaker 1: That is the number.
Speaker 3: You know, Hey, I got I got half credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give you that. Okay, so you got the number. It is nine strikeouts to begin a game. Nine strikeouts. This actually made me laugh, vapor, said Chris Davis. Not that type of strikeout. That is the best guess I've ever you know, I mean, that's actually making me laugh, like though it's building and building and building, it's making me laugh. Nine strikeouts. You absolutely nail the number. Now the pitcher, does anybody have it? JP guess Corbin Burns. That is incorrect, Wonky, said Blake Snell. Oh man, that's not right, man, that's not it. Oh Tawny is a guest, Kershaw. These are all great guesses. It's gonna it's gonna be rough, rough for you guys to get it. I'll let you sit on it and we'll do some stuff heroes, and we'll come back to it. The I'm gonna give you one extra hint. It's an NL pitcher. It's a current NL pitcher. So there's your other little hint that you get. Like, Kershaw would have been a great guest, But that's not it. Let's go through some stat heroes. Aristide is a Kenyell three for four two homers three RBI whoa This is like our once or twice a year little gift we get from a Kenyo until he goes back into his hole, until winter comes back. So two homers, three RBI. Eric Hass five for five with a homer, David v r two homers, going two for three with three RBI, Elloy Jimenez coming back into it with a homer. Ed Mundo Sosa, He's We've mentioned his name a couple times over the last week. He had a homer with three RBIs, Dalton Varshow had two bombs, Michael Tolia homer with four RBIs, Max Munci, Johannio Swarez, and von grishapihanhe Swarrez two homers. He has been quite the quite the little productive offensive player. And it makes me think back to the beginning of the year when I'm playing up his stats here, when Mike Mayer had pulled up this weird, crazy thing in the first month that essentially said Johannel Swarez was more valuable than Jose Ramirez. It was like Yahoo's Points League algorithm or some nonsense. We're all laughing about it. But Andrew Swarez has put up twenty seven homers, but only a two thirty three batting average this year. You think Swarez is on the uptick for next year? Is a guy we need to keep an eye on, or is that batting average still going to keep him down in the drudges.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's hard to say he's on the uptick. He's thirty years old.
Speaker 2: I think we know what kind of a player he is at this point, and he has tons of power and he strikes out thirty percent of the time, So he's going to hit for a low average. You know, back when he played in Cincinnati, I feel like that was ideal for him, and he did have that forty nine home run season back in twenty nineteen when everybody was hitting a lot of home runs. But you know, it's it's not quite as easy for him in Seattle. He's still big time power, but yeah, I mean the warts are are very apparent with him.
Speaker 1: Von Grisham continues to keep rolling grisome, if I say correctly, five homers, four stolen bases, three forty seven batting average, been playing some outfield, So as soon as Zzzie comes back out, I don't think that bat is going anywhere in the lineup. So feel really good about that on the pitching side, Jacob de Gram struck out eight to over seven. That under eight and a half k prop if it exists anywhere, has cashed. I think two of the last three times. Alec Manoah had five strikeouts in eight innings, Chris Bassett struck out ten over seven, Garrett Cole struck out fourteen in six and two thirds, and Kyle Frielan had eight strikeouts in six innings in a rare good Colorado performance. Now the correct name has been said, and I'm gonna give him credit. I'm going to assume he didn't cheat here because maybe he just as a fan. Pabo Lopez was the answer to the trivia question. Pablo Lopez started off a game in twenty twenty one against the Braves with nine consecutive strikeouts. For whatever reason, that's insanely impressive to me. That like that is something that jumps out to me. And I don't know what, like perfect innings, I don't know that just doesn't really like do it for me, but that number specifically just jumps way way out to me, and I love that nine straight consecutive.
Speaker 2: Strike Yeah, there should be a name for that, because we've got to strike out the side as a name, So we need something for strike out the entire lineup consecutively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, let's think about it.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like where your head is going here. By the way, Wonky, you're right about this. You just realize we thought not one single double digit number guy hit a homer, but Aristo esu Kenya, who's forty four, that was the one guy yesterday that would have got the Wonky bonus if someone would have picked. So just pointing that out. Stat zero's Kyle Garlic went oh for seven with five strikeouts in the doubleheader. That's hard to do. Ronald guzmano for five with four k's, Cody Thomas so for four with four k's, and Tyler O'Neill oh for three with three k's. That's a pretty it's been a pretty copy and paste line for him, kind of back to his old ways. On the pitching side, Eric Lauer got lit up seven runs and two and two thirds only two strikeouts. Tommy Henry, my guy with the Diamondbacks, gave up five earned runs. He started off pretty nice, but then it unveiled and I think he gave up like three or four homers. Four and one third. Ovioto had four and runs and two innings just under two innings. Alex Cobb gave up three earned runs but couldn't get out of the fifth, and Michael Kopek did hit his k prop what we talked about yesterday, but he only went three and two thirds with four earned runs, so no point home. So as we mentioned the home run contest, no one really got to take advantage of the double double home run calls. So just keep that in mind because the contest is getting real close. I don't have an overlay for you. It was not given one today. But friends, we have a tie at the top of the home run race because Cat Fox got on the board yesterday with a mic Trout homer and is now tied with d Blum. We have two people at the top with forty nine home runs. High Cuby has been at the top of this list like all freaking year, and he's down at forty eight. L Scales at forty eight, go cards at forty seven. Mike Mayer and Joey still on the board unfortunately, but Dee Blum and Cat Fox at the top. They are racing this bad boy out to be the home run King of leading off in Fantasy Pros. I want to remind you guys as well, speaking of all of this fun stuff, if you guys have enjoyed the podcast, make sure you subscribe, rate and review, and if you do, Fantasy Pros in September is giving away the Austin Riley twenty twenty one signed World Series Ball. Just for subscribing, rating and reviewing, one person's gonna win. So just think of your odds. It's pretty good. It's all you gotta do. And also like, give a like on the video side here for all the video stuff. Bet MGM. Yes, it is time. Let's see if I can do this today. I don't know how my hair is gonna look. The hat hasn't really been working. So here, here we go, there we go. I don't have my crown, but I have my tiara to tell you guys all about our friends over at bet MGM. Bet MGM. I looked like there's somebody that can say it's like fat wonder woman with a beer.
Speaker 3: Some people are meant to be royalty and others aren't. Chris, Yeah, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: You know, I actually hate to tell you this. I'm technically a lord. I did not many people know this, but I have technically a lord. I have a little plot of land in glen Coe wherever.
Speaker 2: So if you're not incorporated this into your fantasy persona, you could be the fantasy lord.
Speaker 1: I well, I'm not really into the bits that everybody. I have my own little bits, but I don't do like you know, I'm not like Roto Lord whatever. But I am Lord Welsh technically.
Speaker 3: So you all, well, I had no idea you're hind you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell members, do know, listeners know that I am a lord. So I have to wear my tiaura for you guys to tell you guys about bet MGM. Just to use promo code leading off. You guys want to go sign up. I actually just reloaded with some bet MGM and set up some bets for us in football that's coming up this weekend of college football. Bogman and I did, and you guys can do it if you've never done before. Use a promo code leading off. You get a one thousand dollars risk free bet. It's a pretty good deal. You're supporting the podcast, you're letting them know that you listen into Leading off. Which is good, and you could we really I if I hear next year doing this, I would want the promo code to b Tiara. I really think it should be tr I think everybody else agrees with me, but we'll do that. Hair actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be taking that off while wearing the hat. Bet MGM. That means we got some bets for you. So here are a couple I'm gonna throw at you real quick. Andrew, you tell me what you like. Oliver on bettingpros dot com. Their prop cheat sheet always gives us good information. And I take the top total basin strikeout and the plus plays. Joyman SS is the number one play of the day, but it is Juice to Hell minus two fifteen on DK, but it is for one total base. They're projecting almost two, so you're gonna have to parlay that with something. There's a plus money play there. Number one is dermos Garcia, who just needs one total base in the game, and it is plus one oh five on DK, So if you wanted to play the algorithm, you can maybe parla these parlay those two together. On the pitching side, the number one K prop is Josiah Gray, who is going up against Saint Louis only need four and a half they're projecting over five. It's minus one oh eight on fan Duel, and then the plus money plays Kyle Gibson against the Marlins at four and a half strikeouts, it's plus one twelve on Fan Tools. Anything out of those that you like, Andrew, would you pick one?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you're saying it's really juice, but that Joey Manessa's one. I mean, that's like a walk in the park. Man He's gonna have that in the first inning.
Speaker 1: I kind of think so too. Yeah, well, it's not a Tuesday, as we mentioned, so it might be a little bit tougher.
Speaker 3: But it might.
Speaker 2: In my column at Fantasy Pros my Waiver Wire, when I first wrote about him like a month and a half ago, when whenever he first started hitting, I called him the nominee for the Frank Schwindell of twenty twenty two award, and he is definitely earning that award. He continues to rake I see no end in sight at least until the end of this season.
Speaker 1: He actually might be one of the biggest surprises of this year. From absolute nobody, I mean, as a prospect person, was not on any type of radar whatsoever. And then hitting the way he gets is one of the bigger surprises of this year. That has some pretty good impact for you on the back end here. So if you want to, like I said, you gotta parlay that thing because it's you know, it's two to one against your money, so you got to put that with something and go and check it out. You know, there's also it's a big strikeout prop day as well. You've got Dylan Cees, You've got Sandale Contry, you got Corbyn Burns if you like any of those. I believe the cease number is eight and a half. And betting pros like the under kind of like Sandy's if I'm being honest with you guys against Philly, I think it was only five and a half, So that would be one I would take. Maybe get Sandy and Manessas and you can put those two together into a little two teamer and get some bets going. So go and check it out over on the DFS side, Dylan Cee's ten to eight on FanDuel's Sandale Contra ten two, Corbyn Burns nine to eight, for the big dog pictures. I don't think there's a lot of I don't know. I mean, obviously you might want to pivot off of some of the lower pitchers, but I'm not a big fan of a whole bunch of them lineup builders for implied runs. No one was implied for over five today, but Milwaukee, Saint Louis, and the Cubs were all your top projected runs. So if you guys want to build some stacks out of those, you want to get some guys high in the lineup, Maybe a little sales Azuki or something. You could put those together. And that leads us finally to the home run call of the day. Look at this, Mike Mayor just jumps on the list and took my same guy. Unbelievable Mayor when he does this, but I love him. Though it's kind of a BVB play. I'm going with Bryce Harper, as is Mike Mayor. But what does it matter. I haven't been hitting Homer, so I just need to write anybody's coattails. But me and may are going together. Walkee's got Christian Yelich for the day, Andrew who you're gonna go with? There's not a ton of ton of great great options. Actually a lot of good pitching today. But where are you gonna go for home run call?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always picked Cardinals, and I this like today, I have to pick a Cardinal really, as long as I'm allowed to. The game started twenty minutes ago, but I have not checked the stats yet. I just you look at the slate today and you've got a double header, So that's out. You've got a contra Sunny Gray Nester Cortez pitching. I don't really want to think against those guys. Then the you know, the Cubs and the Reds and the Marlins don't hit any home runs really, so I have to you notice I didn't pick Josiah Gray for that prop bet, I'm gonna pick the Cardinals too. I do a little bit of damage to Josiah Gray today, So give me Nolan Aeronado.
Speaker 3: Since I've been taking Gould Schmid lately, I'll go with Aeronauto all right.
Speaker 1: Nolan Aernado is the Marker and friends. That is it for the show. That's it for the podcast, it's it for the live stream. We are back tomorrow. Chris Clig is in action Andrew anything going down, and they got a lot of football stuff going on. Waiver Wire article. Is it dropping tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be writing it tomorrow. It will be posted Saturday morning. So yeah, we're gonna keep keep that baseball waiver Wire going strong right till the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Well perfect. Check them out on Twitter, Andrew underscore, Seipher, check me out at is it the Welsh and friends will be back again. Thank you guys so much for hanging out with us. Let's get those playoff championships. It's Andrew, it's Welsh, it's leading off. We're out. He's friends. Yeah,