Speaker 1: Chandler Rome, Let's welcome them on from the athletic and also crush city territory. What's going on with the Astros, Chandler, They're just all they got to do is stay like one or two games above five hundred and they're gonna win this division.
Speaker 2: Oh, they may win by five games if they stay one or two games above five hundred. Look, I mean, you do have to give them credit for winning games they are supposed to win. But I mean, they just played three games in San Francisco where the Giants gift rap them. Two of those three games, they were pretty close to getting swept in that series, and all of a sudden, they went to out of three. They're coming home for a nine game home stand against all AL West teams, which is a good thing for the Astros. They play the Mariners this weekend for three and then they get the Angels and A's back to back, two of the worst teams in the American League. This is a soft portion of their schedule that they can really make some hay here if they can just kind of hold serve on this homestand win all three of these series. With the way the divisions wrapping up and way it's shaping up, they may not have to do much more than that to give themselves a pretty comfortable cushion atop this division, all.
Speaker 3: Right, make it? Make it makes sense?
Speaker 4: Very top heavy lineup. Starting pitching hasn't been good, Like how are they finding ways to even be relevant? And they obviously hunta Brown missing some time this year doesn't help, But how have they even put themselves in this position?
Speaker 2: KP. Their bullpen has been incredible since about May first, and they don't get probably the credit that they deserve for how good they've been since May first. They have a two point eighty six bullpen era. Only the Red Sox have a lower one in Major League Baseball. Josh Hater has been unhittable since coming off the IL on June Thirty's allowed three earned runs all season since June thirty. Just made his first multi inning appearance this weekend this week in San Francisco, which is a good thing for the Astros because there were some questions as to whether he be able to throw multiple innings coming off of the bicep injury and the shoulder injury last season. But I don't think it's gonna be a regular occurrence. But it's something he's going to you know, he has told them he will do in certain situations. Brian Abray, You them getting him back to normal has been a godsend. He's got a one point eighty seven ERA since May third. He was awful in April, but they've they changed some things with his delivery. They stopped they told him to stop throwing on flat ground. So he's doing all of his work on the bullpen mounds between between outings. I mean he's wearing high socks. That his superstition is now that he wears high socks to pitch every time. He's been unhittable since then. So they've got those two guys pitching well. But they've got aj Blueball who has been a breakout kind of middle relief sensation as a rookie. He can give them multiple innings, he can get them once to re line up that they need. They can do bulk rolls like that. Steven Okert has been so value both on the field and off the field, kind of keeping this bullpen together. He's become a clubhouse leader. But their bullpen has really kept them afloat to where they are because look, they their rotation is very thin. They trust maybe two or three starters in this rotation, Peter Lambert, Hunter Brown and Hayden was Nesty's had a couple of nice starts off with Tommy John and then, like you mentioned at KP, their lineup is about as top heavy as it can get. And you saw on this past road trip Jeremy Panie was in a three for thirty eight funk, Jordan Alvarez has at humbered in thirteen games, and Estak Paratus has just kind of been okay. When those three guys are not playing at an elite level, it is really really hard for this offense to score any runs.
Speaker 1: Chandler earlier this year, I came on here and I said, Joe A. Spotta, I feel bad if Joe A. Spotta loses his job because I feel like he's doing a great job.
Speaker 3: Do you agree with.
Speaker 1: Me that Joe Aspota has done a remarkable job with the injuries he's had to deal with the loss of players, the ins and outs of the guys.
Speaker 2: Is Joe A.
Speaker 1: Spot have been as good as it looks like he's been from the outside looking in?
Speaker 2: I think, so, you know, an Asia, you know you you and I both know there's more that goes into managing than just on field tactics and strategy. And there's some stuff that I'm just not privy to that's behind closed doors that I'll never hear about. But I have not heard a bad word about Joe A. Spotta from any of his players, from anyone in this clubhouse. And the fact that he has kept this thing together. Now two of his three seasons, they have had just awful starts. Remember in twenty twenty four, they started twelve and twenty four and things were looking pretty bleak, and that team, he stayed steady, guided them to a division title. Last year. You have to remember Jordan Alvarez played forty eight games last year. If Jordon Alvarez plays in like fifty eight games, that team probably makes the playoffs and maybe wins the division. And then this year they start out twenty and thirty one, they're now, you know, a game and a half up on the Rangers, really two and a half games up because they have the tiebreaker over the Rangers. But I think also you look at the way Joe has had to kind of massage this pitching staff, one that is undermanned, one that has a lot of guys that they counted on in the rotation, Guys that they counted on to pitch well that are not pitching well. He's had to really kind of, you know, adjust his planning. You know, the way they deployed that bullpen game yesterday in San Francisco with Tatsuya Emi only giving them three innings. The way that he has been aggressive with how he handles his bench late in games, to where he makes matchups with his relievers. Like, I think he's doing everything he can with the roster. He has to put everyone in an advantageous position. Now a manager can put a player in a team in an advantageous position, it's still up to the players to execute, so it's on them. But I think Joe's done an admirable job. I think Chad Tracy and Will Venable are going to fight it out to see who wins al manager of the Year, but Joe spottin it gets boats.
Speaker 5: Let's talk Fabletics, shall we. They have apparel for every season. We're wearing it as we talk about it. It's soft, it's comfortable. I wear it on the show sometimes on FT. What else do you love about it?
Speaker 6: Krats, Well, I have it on right now. And I'm all about quality. But you know what, you know how good your clothes are when you're a parent and your kids keep stealing all of it. My daughter stole the sweatshirt, my son sole one of my t shirts. So it's got to be nice looking.
Speaker 5: And if it gets a little bit chillier, then it's layering season and they've got layers for the fall. Shop now at fabletics dot com slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so do not wait again. That's fabletics dot Com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off every as a new VIP.
Speaker 4: Hey is the baseball world not talking enough about the season Jordon Alvarez is having.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope they are. I mean, I'm doing my best to kind of say what's out there and kind of, you know, share what he's doing, because this is something unprecedented, almost unprecedented. If he wins the Triple Crown, he will be the first left handed hitter to win the Triple Crown since Carl Yastremsky in nineteen sixty seven. Think about that, Think about how long it's been since a left handed hitter won the Triple Crown. And I think the thing about jord On that a lot of people are starting to learn, but I think we're maybe kind of misunderstood coming into the season. Everyone you kind of see him and you pigeonhole him into like the David ortiz archetype, kind of the big, lumbering slugger. Jordan's athletic. He can get going when he wants to. Now they don't want to put him in left field because theyn't want to risk the injury. But he's more athletic than maybe meets the eye. And also, this guy is a pure hitter, like you can see. I mean, he leads the he leads the American League in batting average by a very wide margin. Like this is not just a strikeout or homer guy. This is not a three true outcome guy. He he is as pure of a hitter as they have in their lineup in terms of pitch recognition, in terms of if a guy throws him something on the outer half and all he has to do is shoot it through the right side. He'll do that if he's not going to try to pull a pitch and he can't pull, he's just gonna wait on the other one. And I think the thing about Jordon that is always impressive to me. Do you know he's used the ABS challenge system twice all year and he is a guy that, you know, when you look at some of the underlying metrics, he's a guy that can sometimes get bitten by it. But he just doesn't want to think about He doesn't want to doesn't really care about that much. He just knows innately that he will get his pitch. He knows that he can wait for his pitch and wait to pitch her out. And his pitch recognition is so good that this is as complete a hitter as there is in the sport. And I think, you know, he's used this year to kind of announce that to everyone.
Speaker 1: Which one chandler if he doesn't win the triple Crown, do you think he I think he's got average locked up. I thought he had him all pretty much locked up. But he hasn't hit a home run in what two weeks? Over two weeks now, I thought this was a luck and now he's tied with home runs with Cam and Arrow in the American League. Is that the one you think that if someone gets him, it'll be in that and have teams just stop pitching to him because his lineup is so top heavy.
Speaker 2: Well, Adrian, they really haven't been pitching to him since like the middle of May, since like he really started going on the I mean it's been all year that they really haven't started to pitch to him. But the fact that he saw Paradis behind him is you know, one of their better hitters helps, right, It helps that you have Paradis behind him, and you can't just completely walk Alvarez because Paradis can come up and make you pay, and he has in a few instances. But yeah, Jordan hasn't homeward in thirteen consecutive games, which is not his longest career streak, but certainly his longest streak of the season, and with the season he's having, it's kind of remarkable to see that that he hasn't homeward in thirteen straight games. But you know, yesterday San Francisco, he hits a ball to right field there that would have been a homer in twenty seven of thirty ballparks, but instead kind of bangs off that twenty five foot high wall in right field. On Monday in San Francisco, he hit a ball one hundred and eighteen and a half miles an hour off the bat. It was a line drive to right field. He elevates that thing a little bit more. That thing's in McCovey cove. There's nothing wrong with Albert's I don't think you can look at this stretch and say like he's something or anything. I just think, you know, just one of those kind of weird parts of baseball where he just hasn't gotten one out of the ballpark recently. He's still getting hits, he's still getting on base. But to answer your question, yeah, I think home runs is going to be the thing that he's going to have to really try to hold off Junior Camanaro if he wants to win the MLB Triple Crown, which is still a possibility, He's going to have to hold off Kyle Schwarber as well. If you're Jeff Bagwell, you have to be a little happy because Jeff Bagwell owns the Actro single season franchise home run record at forty seven Jordan's at thirty five. Now, I still think there's a chance he could get it. But I thought, you know, if you'd asked me a month ago, I thought Bagwell's record was, you know, already broken. Then now I'm starting to think that maybe just maybe Bagwell hold on to that record throughout the season.
Speaker 4: Hey, who do you believe is a bigger threat to the Astros, The Mariners or the Rangers?
Speaker 2: Man KP. I keep wanting to say the Mariners, but they just keep losing and they just keep playing like crap. For no I mean, for Noah, I don't have a better way to describe it. They just keep playing bad baseball, and the Mariners gave it to the Astros earlier this season. The Mariners already own the tiebreaker over the Astros in the AL West, if that even matters late in the season, They've already won the season series over them. I think, if you were to ask me just straight up, I think the Mariners have the best roster in the AL West. It's just they have not played anywhere near that capability. So I mean, I'm gonna stop saying the Mariners because I keep saying them and they just keep proving me wrong, So I got someone have to say the Rangers. Even though the Astros have really had the Rangers number all season and they've already won the season series over the Rangers, there was some thought that, you know, the Astros sweeping them in early in late July would have sent the Rangers in the cell mode. But instead they kind of just stood pat. I know they trained Josh Smith, but they just sort of stood Pat. But with a Valdi on the il with an elbow, that's never a great sign. The Astros have weirdly fared pretty well against Jacob de Grom this year. That line, there's a lot of parallels I think between the Rangers and the Astros, just in terms of top heavy lineup, in terms of a rotation that really only has two or three starters you can really count on. I think the Astros have a far better bullpen, But I'm going to say the Rangers. But at this point, you know, I think this is the Astros division to lose. It is all in front of them, and like I said, they have a very soft schedule upcoming. If they can seize advantage of that, then maybe they put this thing out of reach. You know, maybe by September.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's that's not that far away, Chandler. So if it's out of reach by September, then the Mariners and Rangers both collapse. But that's a whole different We'll have plenty of time to discuss that. Adrian Hauser the other day pitched and you had an interesting note about second round picks. He's the last Astro second round pick to produce a positive Major League.
Speaker 2: B war War right.
Speaker 1: B war House was drafted in twenty eleven and accrued all of his war with other teams. Did the Astros only hit on their first round picks and they just skipped the second round every year?
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting they really haven't hit on their first round picks either. But when you hit on Alex Bregman and Kyle Tucker in the same draft, it kind of masks your first round pick problems recently. But here's the thing, and I had a had lively discussion with a couple of people on social media just kind of about that and about how there are other teams that have not farewell with second round picks. I think the Cubs will pointed out, I think the Phillies will pointed out here's the difference between those teams and the Astros in Jim Crane's ownership Senior. The Ashros have never given a hundred million dollar free agent deal. They don't spend money in free agency. They do not build their teams through free agency. That's not how it works. So they can't really get away with being as bad as they have been in the first and second round of drafts. This is a draft and develop type organization. This is an organization that will spend money on contract extensions for homegrown talent. They did it with Bregnant, they did it without Tuove, they did it with Alvarez. But this is not a team that generally goes out and spends to cover up its drafting deficiency. This team has to be good at drafting. As part of the reason they hired Dana Brown. It was because of his draft acumen and at his previous stops. So but they have made up for some of their early round debacles. They've made up for it by drafting Hunter Brown in the fifth round. By drafting you know, Chas McCormick was a breakout guy. They drafted him in the twentieth round. They've had some mid to late round picks really hit for them that have helped to offset that. But it's more crucial for the Astros to hit on their first and second round picks and maybe some other teams just because that's how they've run their franchise. They have not run their franchise as a club that spends lavishly in free agency, and to this point it's worked for them. But they're now at a point where their farm system's pretty ranked, pretty low. They held onto all of their prospects during this deadline and hopes that these guys that the lower miners can can keep developing and work their way up. But yeah, they've got to be better in those first and second rounds, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jane, their last one. I have a fan question. It's from Bennett Scroley. Her name Jocelyn in Oakbrook, Illinois. She wants to know is Jeff Blum. She's a White Sox fan. Is Jeff Blum finally getting the national recognition that he deserves actually as a White Sox, White Sox legend in the World Series.
Speaker 3: Not Astros.
Speaker 2: He's coming for you, ag. I think he's gonna be bring it, Jeff, bringing on g Off. He's gonna be on the mantle with you as the five White Sox that are most known out there and booths. But no, Blumber did the Sunday Night baseball game in San Diego this past weekend. He's gonna do the Sunday night baseball game again this Sunday, alongside Jason Bennetti from dyk In Park. It's Astra's Mariners. Blommer's the best man, Like, he's really good at this. And if you're in Houston, if you subscribe to Space City Home Network, you've already known this. You know how funny he is. You know the personality. But I mean, this dude knows ball like and if and I think the thing about Blumber that I really appreciate and AJ you know this a little bit from being in broadcasting, Like it can be hard when you work for a team, when you're on a rights holder and RSN broadcast, it can be hard to be honest on those things, right, Like you always kind of have to put lips on a pig. You have to say things are going great when they're not going great. I think Blummer does a great job of being honest about what's going on while not disparaging or putting anybody down or and keep in towing the line of you know, knowing that he's working for, you know, an ASTROS broadcast. So I think he does a phenomenal job of that, having data analysis, having stats, and having just his professional experience to be able to back that stuff up. Yes, he's gonna get more notoriety and he should. I hope he's. Uh, I hope he's next to you on a national game pretty soon.
Speaker 1: AJ No, because he'd be mad because then he couldn't take that Saturday off. So every time I come to Houston, yes, he's not there, jet Plum because he's home doing nothing right, sitting on a couch, combing his hair, drinking a beer, whatever Jet Plum does on his off days. Every time I come to town, Blum does not show his face. So at least at least I can say that, uh, you know, he gets nice off days. It's usually a Saturday. So Chandler, we appreciate it, buddy, Thanks for everything. Listen to more Chandler on Crush City Territory on YouTube wherever you get your pods.
Speaker 5: This is that time of year, aj. It is Baseball's time to shine, and it is see Geek's time to shine with MLB tickets and finding the best pricing, seating and games that are even sold out available on sea Geek.
Speaker 1: Absolutely if you want to go to the biggest matchups coming up. We have Yankees clubs coming up. Where's Yankees red Sox? That means stuff Again, there's some big moments that are coming up here in the as the penachases really heat up. Go to c you can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you. They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 5: Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 1: All right here we are with the better looking by far of the two Dallas News beat reporters of the Texas Rangers. Evan Grant had to take a day off he usually is our guy from the Dallas News. He's probably polishing his five head he has, but I don't know what you call the top of your head, Sean, but he's probably either stuffing his face or polishing his head. So in Ranger Land, they just hover around five hundred. They've been five hundred for about three years.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: What's the take on the team from the Dallas side of things?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I think sometimes you can be fooled by a record or fooled by what you see, but this is a five hundred baseball team. They've been I guess officially one game under five hundred to start the last season. They've been an average offense and average rotation and average bullpen in The only why that has not hurt them more is this is just a rough division this year, and they've been able to get by with being average. But it's it's hard to look at their sixty and sixty one record and say anything other than that's kind of exactly who they've been this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I just did a Rangers game a couple weeks ago, and White Langford was as hot as anyone could be on the planet. And now he's what six for fifty four something like that. I know he said he's been really bad, but is it fair for this team?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: They rely so much on Langford Seeger to be hot, right, They just rely on these two guys mostly to carry this entire team.
Speaker 3: Is that fair to those guys? No?
Speaker 7: I don't think it is, and I think you look you like the last fifteen games, they have five different everyday players who are hitting under two hundred. Corey's come back from the IL, and he's looked mostly like the Corey Seger of old, and it kind of hasn't mattered because the guys around him have also not been hitting. You guys know, you can sustain three or four guys in a slump, but when the entire lineup is cold, which this team's lineup has been for two two and a half weeks now, it kind of doesn't matter what Corey and Whyett do if the guys can't hit him in or if there aren't guys on base to drive in. So you know that that's been the biggest takeaway since Corey has come back, is you look at last night. He went three for four, hit two extra base hits, and they lose a one run game to the Angels because no one else in this lineup is hitting right now.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you about Jock Peterson. You know, I was there for a little bit last year. He obviously had a you know, awful season last year. What's what's kind of led to the turnaround and how much has kind of move into that leadoff spot really kind of changed his approach.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think if you ask him, he'll tell you that there's not really any secret turnaround. This is just who he's always been and last year is the outlier, because, trust me, we've asked him a few times this year about what has gone into this flip, and he's kind of an adamant that this is no this is just who I am. But being back in the leadoff spot, I mean it's given the Rangers that kind of leadoff hitter they haven't had since Marcus Simmons was at his best in twenty twenty three. He's been an absolute heater lately. He has this great approach to the plate where he's drawing walks. He's having these hard fought at bats against lefties too. I mean, he doesn't get a ton of reps against lefties. This year, especially now that the Rangers have Justin Fosk, you to kind of flip out for him late in games, but he's put for some good at bats against them, and I think the way he's played, you know, really the last few months has kind of been like an energizer bunny for this team. I know in that clubhouse that's kind of the deal. But even on the field, like the way he's played, like you can tell he's a guy who wants to win here, who wants to get to the playoffs, and you know, the way he's swung the bat kind of shows.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, he's been really good. I mean the leadoff spot.
Speaker 1: Who thought that Jock Peterson is a leadoff guy would would be good for his offense?
Speaker 3: He's been.
Speaker 1: He's been really good. One what about Evan Carter. Evan Carter in twenty twenty three came up. He is kind of the darling of the ball right in the World Series, and since then he's been injured, he's had back problems, he can't hit lefties. Now he's just not anybody. Are the Rangers about at that point where it's put up or shut up with Evan Carter?
Speaker 7: I think the thing they'll look at, is this is the healthiest he's ever been in the single season. He has not gotten this kind of runway yet as a major leaguer. He said, career highs and games played played, appearance is all this. So he's kind of going through his first prolonged slump as a big leaguer that wasn't injury related. If you look at the month of July, he looked kind of like what they thought they'd be getting out of Evan Carter, a good contact guy, doubles power, really quality plate appearances. But since kind of the deadline, he's just sort of fallen off the cliff. The one thing that is going to save him is his defense. He's an unbelievable defender in center for few he has been this season, and I think they see real value in that as like a winning trade even if he's not hitting. But to your point, at some point, when does hitting under two hundred outweigh good defense. He's going to get the rest of this year. I really think that. But you're going into twenty seven with having three big league seasons of kind of under production under your belt, like it is time to show that you can be an everyday player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want I want to ask you about the trade deadline. What's kind of the word on logan of Hoppy? How's he doing in Triple A? When's he going to rejoin the team? And then do you believe that they gave up on a guy like Josh Smith a little bit too soon or is that partially due to the production of Justin Fossho and obviously what Durant has been able to do this year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think on a Hopy like they want to keep him down Triple A. They want to get him right. That's why you see Elias Diaz and Austin Wins getting starts behind the plate right now with Kylelegashioka and Danny Jansen out, I think they like what the potential flyer they have an o' Hoppy. He's hitting well at Round Rock right now. The defense is still a work in progress, but they view that more as a long term play than anything that can immediately help them now. In terms of Josh Smith, look, he got he got a good runway here. He's maybe their best player in twenty twenty four, had some really high highs last year, but he got a runway to be the everyday second Baseman this year and it just didn't take. So I don't think you can say it was for a lack of giving him opportunities. He got that playing time, he got those reps. He just wasn't hitting. And I think to your point, having Foscue helps having Zeke Durand be that utility guy who's gosh, I think he's seventh in al in war right now, you know, as a utility guy like that kind of hurts Josh Smith's value. Nicky Lopez was great, you know, for a month or two when they got him, so it made him expendable and they were able to save a little bit of money in the process too, which I think ultimately is is really what drove that decision.
Speaker 5: Science experiment for the one minute, we have to tell you about why we love Quint's electrolytes, including watermelon salt, raspberry salt. And I'm holding a citrus salt, just opened it and pour some powder into my water, shake it up, and AJ, why do you love it?
Speaker 1: I love Quints because after a long night out, a long day at the gym, a long walk in this Florida humidity, it tastes great and it gives me all the electrolytes. I need why sugar free, Stevia free keto approve and taste sweet because of that delicious fermented rice.
Speaker 5: It does taste really good. I'm drinking it right now while we talking about it. It's also made in the USA, rigorously third party tested. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order and three sixty five day returns. That's qui ncee dot com slash fu l for free shipping and three sixty five day returns quints dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 4: All right, give me kind of a holistic view real quick. We know that the Aos has just kind of been a division this year. I'm looking at all these names, and you mentioned some of these names, you know, Higashioka, Josh Young, Dan Janssen, Jack Lighter, Nathan Boldie. Talk to Ranger fans. Are they a team that you believe that can still win this division if all these guys get healthy or if what happens.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, mean what, they're only a game game and a half out of first place right now. As long as this division continues to be really average, I don't see how you can say this team is out going into the final six weeks here, especially if Corey starts hitting jack lighters, making a rehab start tonight. If they get him back in some role, that's a really valuable arm. If you get the catchers back, that gives you depth there. Josh Young he's going to do some more imaging on Friday. We'll see where that goes. But if you get him back any point, that's a three hundred hitter you're adding back into your lineup. And just the biggest thing I come back to is this has not been a good division. It's there for the taking. The thing is, we've said this so many times with the Rangers this season, that hey, this is a great opportunity to make a push and the division make some separation. They get this week against the Angels and the A's and you say, this is your window to separate yourself from the Astros. And they've gone one and two so far and have looked really bad doing it. So that's gonna be the thing like, can they capitalize on these runs against under five hundred teams? Can Wyatt Langford and Corey Seeger be the aircraft coreat carriers this team needs. Can those injured guys come back and be productive in some way? You don't have to squint to see how it all works out in these final six weeks. It does just feel like we've been saying that a lot this season at different junctures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like it's well, heck, the whole Al West talk about the Mariners, right, if they if they get healthy and get going, the Astros, if they get healthy and get going and get going and get going. Mackenzie Gore, though the last month or so has been a bright spot. What has he changed anything in his pitch repertoire and in his in his usage? Has he done anything different than what Mackenzie Gore did before he came to Texas.
Speaker 7: I think I think it's just a lot of it's more comfort too, and I think they've been kind of imploring him to to use his full arsenal. He's got a lot of really good pitches and it's easy for him to get stuck on that great fastball and that great curveball. But but he's got a really strong, well rounded arsenal, and I know they want him to to diversify that when he can. But I think what you're seeing is the Mackenzie Gore that the Rangers gave up five prospects on. You know, like the natural talent is there, it's just can you avoid that one bad blow up in him. It's kind of derailed him several times this year. I think in his starting in Santaheim on Monday, like get up a home run in the for sad thing and then kind of just settled in, kind of shook it off, which we haven't seen a ton of this year. So if he can do that where he cannot let the two out hit or the home run or the walking the nine hitter completely derail his start, then the Rangers have a really good starter. And that's kind of what they saw when they, you know, gave up a big chunk of their farm system for.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want to just my last one for you about Jacob de Gram. Has he answered questions about the trade deadline? Did the front office answer questions about the trade deadline and confirm that he in fact uses no trade clause or is this all just kind of alleged rumors.
Speaker 7: Neither the front office or Degram have gone on the record saying that. But but that is the case. You know, de Grom did speak the day the trade deadline, and he didn't say the words I invoked my no trade clause, but he made it clear like I want to stay here, I want to win here. I believe in this team. You know, I think this is the core that can win. He talked about seeing this team win in twenty three, which he was on the roster for. He was hurt, obviously, I think that fires him up. So no, not on either side has talked, you know, on the record about the no trade clause aspect. But de Grom did spend five or so minutes talking with us about you know, he wants to be here and he wants to win here. And I think that's kind of galvanized a lot of the team too. The guy has salute him now when they get on base. The day of the deadline, they wrote the general on a piece of tape and put it above his name plate above his locker. So I think seeing a guy liked de Grom, a two time sign Award winner, likely future Hall of Famer say I want to win here. I do think that's how a real impact on this clubhouse.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's where Sean. Where are you from, by.
Speaker 7: The way, I'm from Boston.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I was thinking Canada because you have kind of a little Canadian accent going.
Speaker 7: It's Northeast Dish, Northish, so.
Speaker 1: You don't have like the masshole, don't have like the ca right. But now when you drop the about it's like the a boot.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh man, he's from Canada.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, Kevin Pilara played for Canada, Kevin Pilari, So you're like Kevin Plar You're a Canadian that moved to Dallas.
Speaker 3: It would have been awesome.
Speaker 7: No, No, I'm from Boston. I've tried pretty hard to avoid falling into the Boston accent as much as possible, especially when I'm speaking in a public setting. You know, it's I love the accent. I grew out of it.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair, that's fair. That's fair, Sean. We appreciate it. Tell Evan we did not say hi. Please make sure you pass that message along. I'm sure he's probably he's probably at the Golden Corral right about now on his third trip through the through the meats line. So if you want to check out more intel from Sean in the Dallas News, follow him on Twitter at slash x sorry at McFarlane underscore Sean, We'll be right back, Thanks Sean, Thanks guys,