Speaker 1: And we got a new podcast for you. Welcome to the Second Date Podcast Forging Jeffrey in the Morning. And gotta get props to our guy today because he has a pickup line that uses no words at all and it works as Yeah, you're gonna hear what that is in just a second. And of course we love highlighting your lovely comments.
Speaker 2: What do we see to Yeah, Patrese mctaniel said this is my go to when working uber.
Speaker 1: Just about everyone loves it, Phoenix Arizona.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, just about everyone. I want to know the people that tell you like turn it off or what I feel like it should be our new show tagline about everyone loves it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see if you like this. It's starting right.
Speaker 4: Now, Second Date Up Date.
Speaker 5: It's always interesting to me that we have just as many guys listen to our show as we do ladies.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, on our podcast we have more males.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, And if that's because women are forcing their spouses to listen at the threat of withholding love, then you know, whats so be it?
Speaker 6: Oh? Not just that we're entertaining No, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry, We all know by now ladies don't have to approach anyone on the dating apps.
Speaker 5: They're pretty much flooded with messages twenty four to seven. So the big question that we always ask here is how does a guy cut through all the clutter and get himself.
Speaker 1: Noticed the girtio on a dating Apple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and our listener Connor says he's figured out a great conversation opener that nobody else was using and says it has an extremely high success right.
Speaker 1: Oh, interesting, Connor, Are.
Speaker 5: You sure you want to give away your secrets to the world right here on the show?
Speaker 4: Honestly, No, but your producer's kind of telling me I have to do that. I want to be here.
Speaker 1: Our producer can be kind of scary, we get it.
Speaker 5: He makes me do a lot of stuff I don't want to do either, Connor, So I completely understand.
Speaker 7: Now, time to wipe away those tears. Give it up. What's your secret? So?
Speaker 4: I don't send any words at all? Any words?
Speaker 7: I'm with you? Women hate words? Words huge turnoff.
Speaker 5: Am I Right, alexis, especially the way a punctuation marks it's emoji.
Speaker 4: Dude, you send emojis because it leads to a response.
Speaker 7: Eventually.
Speaker 1: Why are you because you're like trying to decode what you're attempting to say. Are there's specific emojis that you use?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, there's a specific group of emojis. Okay, okay, yeah, man emoji, woman emoji, sushi emoji, dance emoji, music emoji, gift box emoji, question mark emoji.
Speaker 1: What was the last one before question mark equal sign and the question.
Speaker 5: Mark math equations axis like an algebra problem.
Speaker 1: You could take that out. Okay, that's so, I'm sorry. From those emojis, that is a fancy first date that you just play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sushi and dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: For people who aren't emoji literate, can you like translate what exactly you're saying in it?
Speaker 4: Okay, so it translates to a guy and a girl, we get sushi, we dance, and also there's a little something special. What do you think?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, if it's a tiny gift, the fact that you have a gift box looks really cool, the big gold box on the.
Speaker 1: Emoji, unless it's like that old SNL song about what's in the box. I've never an ice cream emoji your lift, No.
Speaker 4: But it always elicted the response either people send back like emojis of their own, like they get it or they're like sorry, what was that? And at least I've got somebody talking to me even if they didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well then she asked for clarification, then you can formally ask her out.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you do this to hundreds of women and one you actually went on a date with.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did this to Nikki. I was able to get her number and we met up and we did that date.
Speaker 1: Oh you did the day okay?
Speaker 5: And you said, her name is Nikki, that's the woman that we're going to be calling her.
Speaker 7: How did your date go?
Speaker 4: It was great. We did exactly what I said we were going to do. We did sushi, we went dancing, and then I took her out paid for drinks afterwards.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, where was the present? You put a present box? I'm in there.
Speaker 4: The president is like, I'm going to let you in on my secret spot.
Speaker 1: Really cool drinks? Like did she like that present?
Speaker 4: She liked it? She thought it was cool.
Speaker 5: Okay, how was the connection between you two?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 4: I thought it was great. There was no like moment where it felt like the kiss was right, but I felt like we were vibing the whole time. Okay, I obviously listened to these times. Prince girl. It's like, okay, what you mess up? And I will tell you right now. The awkward thing came from her and not from me. I still want to go on our second date. But there was a point where she called me Martin.
Speaker 1: Martin, No, Brook has forgotten your name.
Speaker 4: It's not just she forgot dude. Martin is her ex.
Speaker 6: Oh glad, I bet she felt so bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she said she did. We had fun with it. I made I cracked a joke or two about it. I thought it was all good. But now it's been like a week and a half and I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's awkward to be called by the ex's name, but it's also kind of a good sign that she's seeing you in a romantic way, and it's unlocking that door to like old romantic flings.
Speaker 3: A stretch, Yeah, I have to stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, do you think that she's not over her ex?
Speaker 4: I mean that's my first thought for sure, But I hope that that's not the case because we had a good time. I would like to see her again, And also, like, if you're not over your ex, fine, but you're gonna ghost.
Speaker 3: Me for that?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, maybe she thinks it's it's kind right, Like maybe she thinks like I should leave this guy alone.
Speaker 4: Never the kindest option.
Speaker 1: I mean, I agree, I agree, I don't disagree with that. But what happened at the very end of the.
Speaker 4: Night, I was like, Hey, this has been so much fun. I hope to see you again. We gave each other a hug.
Speaker 5: And how many times have you called her? How many times have you texted her?
Speaker 4: Well, obviously I hit her with some emo jeez okay, yeah, and then I left one voicemail. I'm trying to not be like weird it.
Speaker 1: Now, did you leave the voicemail saying your real name? Because maybe she doesn't remember it. Maybe you should have called yourself Martin.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is rough. That's true.
Speaker 5: And voicemails are a little bit as especially if you hear the loser line segment on our show.
Speaker 7: It's always a risk to leave one.
Speaker 1: No, I think voicemails are fine if they're short and they end quickly. Yeah, that's the same thing I just said twice. But you know what I mean, just.
Speaker 5: Like making short to end it quickly, get out more there you go.
Speaker 7: So we're going to reach out to Nikki.
Speaker 5: Hopefully she answers and we'll find out is it really just because she called you her ex's name on the date, or is something else happening when we come back for your second date update.
Speaker 7: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 5: Was a warm summer afternoon and our listener Connor calm de gal into a date with a flick of the finger and a string of mysterious emojis. Man emoji, woman emoji, sushi emoji, dance emoji, music emoji, gift box emoji equals question mark emoji.
Speaker 7: Jeff, that's where we're at now.
Speaker 5: I've conferred with my co host Jose Sherlock, Homeboy, and Brooke. What's up Watson? They told me we don't know enough about this date.
Speaker 1: Actually more investigating scene. I think we know quite a bit, though, Oh, I think we know quite a bit.
Speaker 7: Not quite enough, though.
Speaker 5: Our only lead is that Nikki called Connor by her ex lover's name, some nobody named Martin. But that's all we know. We don't even know what they spoke about, any childhood memories. Did they play the game pasta Arosta?
Speaker 1: What is that game?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, you haven't played pasta arosta.
Speaker 1: I haven't even lived apparently.
Speaker 5: Connor, can you tell us what was the gab about that night?
Speaker 7: What did you speak about? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I feel like it was pretty basic first date stuff like stuff that happened to us with when we were kids. I was like, oh, I have this scar on my arm. Honestly, now that we're talking about I'm like, am I basic?
Speaker 1: Am I basic? It's okay.
Speaker 7: There wasn't a big crazy moment.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're a man that's willing to take a woman dancing, and that is not basic. Many men are scared of dancing.
Speaker 4: I'll take that. But our conversation maybe wasn't as like, I don't know. It wasn't like we looked up at the stars and contemplated our existence. Again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you communicated with those dance moves and that's right.
Speaker 7: Still no pasta or arasta, so kind of fell short. But let's reach out to Nikki here.
Speaker 5: We'll see if she picks up and hopefully she has some answers, and if she.
Speaker 1: Doesn't, let's play the game because I'm really curious how this game works.
Speaker 7: It's not appropriate for radio.
Speaker 1: Was going to guess Penny.
Speaker 7: Okay, you don't know what you're talking about. You would want that pain anyway?
Speaker 5: I know. Right here, let's just call Nikki here hopefully get out of this awkwardness.
Speaker 7: Here we go. Hey is this Nikki?
Speaker 5: Hey Nikki, You're on radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: What's up, Nikki? Hey?
Speaker 8: Why are you calling me?
Speaker 7: Sorry to interrupt you.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if you're busy or something, but we're doing a segment on our show. It's called a second Date Update.
Speaker 8: I'm so sorry, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I'm just honestly, it'll take less than three minutes.
Speaker 5: Lucky for you, we're not doing our big segment pasta a rasta yeah, super highly yeah quick.
Speaker 1: Actually kind of exciting.
Speaker 5: Okay, because the second Date Update it's where one of our listeners has asked us to help get some answers for why you're not responding to his emoji texts and your voicemail messages.
Speaker 8: God, oh my god, why would he do that?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're talking about immediately when we say emoji, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Connor, yeah, I know about the emojis, but like, why would he call a radio station and like get you guys involved? Like I'm confused warm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he told us the story about your date and said he's reached out a few times hoping to get a second one that has not happened and he's not sure why.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know what he told you, guys, but I had a little bit of an embarrassing moment on the date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we heard about the moment where you called him by your ex boyfriend's name Martin.
Speaker 1: Fine, it sounds like he didn't even like care that much.
Speaker 5: I mean, there could have been more moments on the date that might have turned you off. Like, we just don't know, and Connor wants some honesty and clarification on the situation.
Speaker 7: That's why we're calling.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, actually it was it was just that. I mean, I'm gonna be honest with you guys about something.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 8: It was that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it sounds like you guys joked about it after you called him the wrong name. He like made light of it and he can't.
Speaker 8: Let no I'm here. I tried to laugh it off, but tell you guys, the true Martin is not my excess name.
Speaker 7: Wait what what that's what you said? Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I know, I know. I had to make it up.
Speaker 1: What who's Martin?
Speaker 8: Okay, so his eyebrows are the bushy is eyebrows I've ever seen and sing.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about Martin right now or are you talking about our listener, your date with Connor.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about Connor conn Like. He has the same eyebrows as Martin Scorsese. He actually makes Martin look thin. And I put him in my phone as that, And I guess I got so used to seeing that name on my phoneing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you rose, Wait, you saved him as like Martin Scorsese eyebrow boy or something in your phone.
Speaker 8: I said, Martin eyebrows. And in the pictures you put really do like you saw, they were bushy, hence me putting him in my phone as Martin eyebrows. But I couldn't stop looking at them. It was like a bad accident that you can't stop looking at.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, watching one caterpillar.
Speaker 7: I don't think anymore that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hurt any more feelings, especially because Martin. No Connor, Connor, he's uh, he's on the other line listening to this.
Speaker 4: Nikki, shut up, shut up.
Speaker 7: I have to talk because I'm on the radio. But yeah, he's there. Sorry, Connor, are you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not really sure what to say.
Speaker 1: Brother. I bet you have great eyebrows there.
Speaker 4: Very full like people are into.
Speaker 1: It, big eyebrowser in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but this is beyond the trend.
Speaker 5: But a preference for every different people.
Speaker 4: You don't have to why we date.
Speaker 8: That's why we date because everybody has different preferences. And I'm sorry, Connor, you're a nice looking guy, but your browser too much like they but not even focus enough to remember your real name, Burst, the name I've been calling you in my follow.
Speaker 1: How do you apologize for being mean? And the double down on it.
Speaker 8: Is honestly mean. I mean, listen, I didn't call me and do this, Okay, Connor knew what he was getting into. He was ready, I guess for the truth, and that's true.
Speaker 7: We do appreciate your honesty, Nikki. I mean, we really do.
Speaker 5: That's what we ask I don't necessarily love what you're saying. Yeah, but you know, at least she's being truthful for the reason. I would think though, that eyebrows are something that you could easily change.
Speaker 1: No, you don't want to change who you're taking.
Speaker 4: Them Jack, Yeah, I mean I'm happy with how I look. I'm just baffled. But it took coming to the radio.
Speaker 8: To hear that I was trying to be nice put me in this spot.
Speaker 4: Now, you know, ghosting is never nice. That's not a kindness.
Speaker 7: What it felt nice.
Speaker 5: If she said the reason I said is because you remind me you look like Martin scorse that feel good.
Speaker 1: She could have just said, you know what, I'm so sorry. I just don't feel an attraction here.
Speaker 7: It's just all She would have been fine.
Speaker 4: But also if you said I look like Martin Scorsese, I would have been like, hell, yeah, I dude, tight, Yeah, I love Connor.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm sorry, I gotta go to work, okay, but I'm sorry, Connor, like, best of luck. If you need a brown person, I have someone really good. I'm more than happy to give her number to Connor. Doubling really good.
Speaker 3: They're not doubling down.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to help. I want Connor to find a nice woman together.
Speaker 7: In a little bit.
Speaker 5: So look, I normally would never do this, but in the spirit of truthfulness and honesty, Connor, I'm gonna call it open season. Is there anything you would like to critique about Nicky in returning field up to you, Connor, when.
Speaker 1: She goes well, you go high, Connor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's what's above the eyebrows that you can.
Speaker 4: No, I'm a it man, you know what I mean? Like, I'm not sorry for the way that I look. I think she looks great. I would have been happy to go on a second date.
Speaker 3: But just great, a great guy that I didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 8: I've now been embarrassed on the radio.
Speaker 7: Oh you've been embarrassed.
Speaker 8: Embarrassed, guys. I can't deal with this.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 8: Next day, I'm I'm deleting every app for dating. I'm taking a break.
Speaker 5: People don't answer random Okay, it's good that she was able to make this entire thing about her, So Nikki, well done.
Speaker 8: I don't appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Just s y.
Speaker 8: I the next time you go ahead and send someone all these crazy emojis and there's a gift in there, why didn't you just bring a gift and not be a cheap act?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I guess it wasn't just the eyebrows.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just the eyebrows.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 5: Well, with really not knowing much at the beginning of this what went wrong, and now we know it.
Speaker 7: Was just a couple of eyebrows.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's in?
Speaker 7: We solved the mystery game.
Speaker 5: I knew we'd get to the bottom of it. Tune in next week when we unmasked the owner of the old Kabuki theater and find out who isn't dating the wrong person.
Speaker 1: Eyebrows were like super hairy.
Speaker 7: I knew it, schools Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: In the morning, I got a lot of texts coming into our textport at seven eighty five nine two people are ripping that woman for what she said about Connor's eyebrows.
Speaker 1: It would have been forgiven because she didn't know he was on the phone until she just kept going yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: She just wouldn't stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah anytime you're like, I'm sorry, but it's not an apology.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I know Connor didn't want to say anything bad about her, but our listeners did not.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wow, they're blowing up our textboards.
Speaker 1: We're ruthless.
Speaker 5: One said I've never even seen that woman, but I can tell she's got a gaping fish mouth, all right.
Speaker 7: Another says she sounds like she was you know what, Actually, some of these are not waiting cool.
Speaker 5: I probably shouldn't, but you know what, it is nice to see our listeners coming together and sticking up for other listeners who.
Speaker 7: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what about that, Like when they go.
Speaker 5: Low, we go high, no mom mentality, When they go low, we go low.
Speaker 1: She went high, So we can.
Speaker 7: All go up.
Speaker 5: There you go, but we will stick up for you and your love life.
Speaker 7: You can email the show.
Speaker 5: We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second date updates if you want to find them online. They're available wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey