Speaker 1: Break's breaking down all the biggest NBA storylines. So the heat Check, the Heat Check, it was just a crack the best podcast covering all the drama around the association.
Speaker 2: Next up, it's a we gotta talk about some players that are on the come up.
Speaker 3: We gotta talk about some players.
Speaker 2: That you need to know who are rising, rising stars, not real stars, but better than role players, right, young players who are gonna become much better in the near future. Kind of guys that you hear them right now and they're a random name. You don't really know who they are, but if you listen to this podcast, you're like, Okay, I can talk.
Speaker 3: To my friends about him.
Speaker 2: At the water cooler, it's like that Shack like, oh snap, I wasn't aware of your game.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Let's start in Portland. You know, we gotta start in Portland, right.
Speaker 2: Shaden Sharp Shae Shae I asked Blazer's beat writer Danny Merangue about whether he was taking the next.
Speaker 3: Step, and he was like, oh, yes.
Speaker 2: I know that he may be young, he may be raw. He's certainly not a player that you could have control a team that's completely young, but you put him with real adults, and Shayden is going to show out.
Speaker 3: It excites me. He has this.
Speaker 2: Very interesting combination, right because he's kind of like Devin Booker, kind of like Aunt Edwards, definitely a lot like Tracy McGrady. He's got so much game in.
Speaker 3: Him where you know he wants to be Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 2: He's six' five with a seven feet wingspan that is insane for, Context tracy McGrady seven to two, wingspan but he was three inches taller at six.', Eight proportionally shaden is way Longer than. Tracy McGrady he's. All arms the way he moves on. The floor not only is he a, pure scorer because, He is he's an. Absolute bucket he can rebound the hell out of, the basketball he, can pass he can get deflections because again he's, so long and the way.
Speaker 3: He moves it's. Like water it.
Speaker 2: Really is he doesn't have a big chip on his Shoulder Like ben mathern Or. A booker he's gonna bam on you and then he's gonna, Be like i'm REALLY sorry i had to, do that you KNOW what. I mean like he's just a. Good Kid Love shaden sharp one of my favorite players in. The league averaging right now twenty six and three with the steel in a block.
Speaker 3: Per game.
Speaker 2: That's insane for twenty. Years old we didn't even know what we were gonna get when we. Drafted him we, were like we haven't even seen this.
Speaker 3: Player play at the.
Speaker 2: College level it has been probably eighteen months and we've seen him play. Competitive basketball it was a risk, at seven, and boy, oh boy he's shooting eighty six percent from the free throw line after shooting seventy percent.
Speaker 3: Last year he is. A punisher when he.
Speaker 2: Played against detroit, LAST night i guess two nights ago he was just hitting clutch bucket after a clutch bucket and they couldn't.
Speaker 3: Foul him it's not like. Other guards it's Not A ben.
Speaker 2: Simmons situation he has one hundred percent on the, come up the next. RISING star i want to Focus On. Devin vessel who who do you Watch? The spurs Gotta Watch. Devin vessel you might know him for this incredible fourth quarter of the he had Against. The suns he HAD uh i think eighteen points in that game they came back from twenty back. To win he, had eighteen six and five three steals and was just a defensive stopper in the. Fourth quarter Him And, keldon johnson another guy who's on the come up. As Well keldon johnson was the one who snatched the Ball From kevin durant and then just bammed on him with one point.
Speaker 3: Six seconds left.
Speaker 2: To, go anyway Back, To vsel he's averaging twenty four and three so far. This season he's got. Everybody excited he's. Very Fun the spurs team is the youngest team IN.
Speaker 3: The nba they All Love.
Speaker 2: Victor wamanyama we like that so hand character because he's kind Of Like.
Speaker 3: Dennis Robin But.
Speaker 2: Devin Vassell devin vassell might be the connective tissue on. This team six five, positive wingspan can, get deflections can shoot a, little bit not a bad three, point shooter very good in the. Mid range his two way comp Is, mckel bridges which is, very good athletic three and d guy great in the.
Speaker 3: Mid range can hit a three three to three percent. From, DISTANCE critical, i mean keeps, you on keeps.
Speaker 2: You HONEST and i think that his length is the most effective part of. His game considering that he has a six to ten wingspan and his job is really going to be guarding the other team's, best players averaging one point five steals. Per game he's a really Good rebound like just familiarize Yourself With devin. Vessell's game we move on to another guy you probably, don't know and you probably if you haven't watched a LOT of nba for the first five games of, the season three games of.
Speaker 3: The season whatever.
Speaker 2: It is his Name Is, jalen johnson and it sounds like a creative, player name but he's a real guy and six' nine Places For. The atlanta, hawks, You're, wondering oh trista Why were the hawks so eager to Get Rid.
Speaker 3: Of John.
Speaker 2: Collins jalen johnson that is why he's getting almost as many rebounds As The. Center clint capella but he can, hit a three so he can. Keep you honest his. Rebounding ability awesome the dude is six' nine and he moves like a shooting guard and he. Can stretch the, four very effective score one of the. Best in the league sixty two percent from. The field right NOW not a, high.
Speaker 3: I, am shooter but. Again keeps you. Honest very good defender you can see him as maybe like A Wish version, of michael porter junior. But with, BETTER defense all that i don't Mean to sound.
Speaker 2: Like i'm slandering him i'm not very, high level role, player in my opinion could be like A quieter version of jade McDaniels without punching the wall and breaking his hand. And shit like that very much, of a nightmare matchup and he might be one of the Main reasons that the hawks have a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of hope have a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Hope for the.
Speaker 3: Future let's move forward.
Speaker 2: It's the, mail bag mailbag time just in. TIME for one question i don't have. A lot of time we got a thirty Five Minute. Interview with rich hoffman.
Speaker 3: Let's not bore you This question IS From. Marco in elm hurt is? THAT A, Real?
Speaker 2: Place elm hurt illinois He is as sad Bulls fan as.
Speaker 3: Most chicago fans.
Speaker 2: Probably are these days mark posted this To me on Ig if you're the, philadelphia seventy six ers would You Rather trade for zach levine or Wait for og and?
Speaker 3: Anenobi in free, agency oh oh wow.
Speaker 2: A Very timely question rich hoffman is going to have a lot to say on the Topic of who the sixers should go after in. A couple of, minutes so hold on we're. Going HOME for that but i want to address. This question as well turns out There are rumors that sixers Are Interested, In either, zach Lavine Demartro's in and darryl mory of course has His eye On Og anobi or pascal siakam. In the off season so let's weigh. The, pros and cons right so you have the assets to Do.
Speaker 3: A deal with.
Speaker 2: Chicago lavine's a bucket he averaged twenty five. A game last year he just. Put up fifty one but the problem is he put up fifty, one with. No Assists Zero assists, the nick nurse system you got to keep the. Ball moving and flowing he's going to open Up spacing Probably, For mbat and maxi.
Speaker 3: But you need a guy that can get you. Buckets down the stretch you need a guy that gets you.
Speaker 2: Buckets in The postseason and since tobias is on an expiring probably going to be. PART of this deal i don't know that would deplete, The bench, too much but, like how, much better oh man how much better Is He? Really than tobias harris there are. Some cons as well the, guy. Is a microwave right he had forty hot three last year as is high and, a low of four and it was A full game against orlando. When he had four so let's Not act like zach lavine is. Inn a roller coaster some games he's. Good for thirty five.
Speaker 3: Some games you get.
Speaker 2: Him sixteen or seventeen when you, bet on player props you do not want To, bet on zach lavine mostly though there's question. Marks About his health zack, lavine had, back surgery back issues knee. Issues his entire career last year he, played seventy seven games but he's missed a quarter or more of a season in. Five to six years so the man is not exactly the. Picture of good, HEALTH so my take i guess you need, To Make a move But i'm not. Sure LEVIN'S the guy but I also don't think. Ognnobi's THE guy either.
Speaker 3: If i, HAD to choose One. I would choose.
Speaker 2: Ognnoby i like, og ANOBI a LOT but i think i think you should go Out And. Get To Martin rosen the marta rosen one of the most clutch. Players in the league he led the league in fourth quarter scoring two years.
Speaker 3: Ago and beat may not want to wait anymore for a. YOUNG guy to develop i would For sure Trade
Speaker 2: For DeMar de rosen And, Wait for og annobi and then you got yourself a fucking cooking ass roster