Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Voyd and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans. See DKNG, dot CO, slash bball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and Responsible Gaming Resources.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four All Rookie Team, First Team, Chet Homegren, Victor women Yama, Brandon Pazit, Pozimic, Pozimski, for Zimski, Brandon Miller, himI Hocky as junior.
Speaker 2: That was the first team. So that's it. Yeah, I think I think, you know, the way Gigi.
Speaker 4: Played, he could have they could have played him in first team and nobody would have argued.
Speaker 2: But he didn't play that many games. He came in at the right season, so played well. The taking team, you know, that's good.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, for the most part, they seem they seem to get it right right. There's really no surprises, you know, on the list right we rarely get it. The opportunity to hear referees talking candlely about their opinions of players, but former NBA official Bill Spooner recently opened up about Chris Paul, who has a well known feud with Scott Foster. I get asked all the time, what are some of your tough guys some of the bad guys. When I tell them Chris Paul in my thirty two years of the league with one of.
Speaker 1: The biggest a holes I ever dealt with, they say, not Rashid Wallace, Nah, no, nothing like Paul. And they're like, oh, he seemed like such a nice guy. And I say, yeah, he's a great image cultivator. Wow, that man saying in this thirty two years in the league, he's one of the biggest butt holes he's ever dealt with.
Speaker 2: Not even Rashid Wallace.
Speaker 1: Who has led the NBA, he led the NBA in ejections, can measure up.
Speaker 2: To Chris Paul.
Speaker 5: I wonder why is that?
Speaker 2: Because that makes sense.
Speaker 4: So somebody like Rashid right when he doesn't get a call, he's just getting the tech and then moving on right right, More like Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: And like the Luca. You know how Luca cries.
Speaker 4: All games yes, yes, yes, in their head all game long, yeah and enough to them. So the so the fans don't hear him to give him a technical, so he's pissing them off. So there's those guys. Some guys just get their tech and get on moving. They keep it moving. Nagged in the whole game.
Speaker 1: LaMelo Ball is allegedly being sued for running over Cam's foot LaMelo and the Hornets. LaMelo and the Hornets are being sued by mother who says he drove over her eleven year old son's foot last October. But a video surface of LaMelo leaving the stadium. Actually it's typing very slow, mydad.
Speaker 2: Here's a video run over.
Speaker 5: He ain't run over nobody foot.
Speaker 2: He run on nobody's foot, but he show running the red lights.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm conflicted with this, right, you know, I don't have every d on the kid because if it did happen, he getting paid, right, he probably you know, this probably is the job of his future. Whatever he gets from here, two three, three million, at that kid, he's gonna be a great entrepreneur. So I can't feel sorry for a kid who all he had to do is break his foot and then and then get millions. Great, great job. How does we're seeing how fast he gets.
Speaker 2: Out of here? Right?
Speaker 4: We're all the people are placed right right?
Speaker 2: How you run over somebody's foot, over somebody foot?
Speaker 4: Because the run over eleven year old foot, you you damn it hit him with the car. I mean, this ain't no shock foot. This ain't no just sticking out. There's a little bitty foot. So how are you not hitting him with your Yeah? Yeah, the bumper, the bumper, the front of bumper, bumper, the mirror, like that mirror gonna hit him before that tire, dude. So we need footage of speed racer hitting this foot.
Speaker 2: No, we will need footage of him actually running over the foot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, something something may right because some may right listen, I think he I think he was probably close.
Speaker 5: That's about it.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 5: He was probably close.
Speaker 6: And the fans, I mean, obviously now they're gonna have to do something and keeping the fans away from the area where the players are coming out.
Speaker 5: Put some type of barricade where they can't be close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's because it's tough, o Joe. If you try to sign some something. I mean, people are not paying attention because a lot of time you start to sign autographs and the adults are rushing.
Speaker 2: You got kids up against the rate.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, right, cod, get your grown ass back just for the kids because they're gonna rush and the kids right there the barrier and they done got the kids all pressed up against the barriers.
Speaker 2: And if you roll down the.
Speaker 1: Window and try to try to sign some autographs, O Joe, they're not paying attention.
Speaker 2: They just trying to get the autograph.
Speaker 1: And then you know, people like you're not You're like, okay, watch yourself, watch yourself. But you know, kids, you know, they just want the autograph and they're not paying attention. And I'm not saying any of this happen, but we all been in situations. All of us are ex athletes, all of us are going to the railing to sign autographs for some kids or some people, and and and it gets it gets to be where people are rushing and the kids are getting you know, getting pressed up against the railing or we're trying to sign. You're like, okay, watch out and be careful. Be careful. Uh don't you don't want to run over anybody. I just hope everything, hope everything just works out. I feel you know, this.
Speaker 2: Is last October, right, not during the NDC.
Speaker 4: This is last October, and there's no there was no report of this when it happened last October. Then you said, yeah, you said last October. Yeah, so man.
Speaker 2: Where was this all season? Where was this when it happened. What was this like?
Speaker 4: We're in the we're in the era where media is everything. Everybody has a phone. Obviously you don't videotape. This man's running every red light and the fact that that is you're you're using he ran over my foot and then you put out him being mister red red light.
Speaker 2: It puts the image of oh shit, he did this.
Speaker 4: Well, we know if the kid's foot is there, right, he probably came up to.
Speaker 2: The door, right, and he's writing it, and this.
Speaker 4: Is how he signed autograph outside of his car. He put the and then he's leaving and he rolls in. The kid his foot is there, but he wouldn't be in this type of speed that he did, right, No, no, no, no, no, no no no. But they paint the picture, right.
Speaker 1: I just think, but at some point in time, it's just it just gets to the point that and I hate one at one bad situation spoiler for everybody, O joys gonna get to this point where an athlete, the only the only assurance that you have that nothing goes wrong is that an autograph signing, right, Because I can't I can't win because if I signed fifteen autographs and I don't sign one. Jenna Sharps of Jerks of the Jerk. Gilber was a jerk. He wouldn't even sign my kid autograph. But I saw Shannlon he was signing twenty five. But why couldn't he sign twenty six? Well, you took a picture with two people, why didn't you take a picture with two hundred? Seek because it's never gonna be enough. And then people have this saying, well, that's your job. I mean if I was making the X amount of money. I love how people I go to the gym, people will wait till they'll finish their workout, and they come up to me talking about can't they take a picture?
Speaker 2: I said, why'd you wait till you take it? Finish your workout?
Speaker 1: Why why didn't you come? Why didn't you come ask to take the picture while you was working out? Now I'm working out, you finished yours. I watch the Boa.
Speaker 4: I watch it cause they keep cooking over there, I said, I said, I'm saying to myself.
Speaker 2: Did pretty Sue show up? Dang?
Speaker 1: They take their gloves off and they take you know, get take the headfalls off, get it, put them in their bagh. I watched Nightcap. I love the interview with Hey, I love the interview with Cat. You matter if I get a picture? I said, my man, why you wait till you finish your work out to come ask for a pitch?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Why don't you interrupt your workout to come take one? Right? You right, you're right, You're right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, it's like people when you're at home. One of the things, and most people test this. You hate when the phone rings, You hate when someone coming to the door when you're about to eat, I sit down and eat. They wait till they finish that meal, They get ready to go there, about to pay, they pay the tack, they get ready to leave. You mind if I get a pic? Why why do you interrupt your food? Why did you let your food get cold and come get a picture?
Speaker 2: That's that's that's true.
Speaker 1: I say, bad, y'all, I said, well, y'all, be come on, man, I said, but bro, I went my family with my kids, and you know, I don't get an opportunity to be with the kids much. I don't get an opportunity to be with them much. But you know, it's like, but it's gonna get to the point on yoe. I mean, if I hopefully. Look, I hope, I hope this is like a situation that it didn't happen. I mean, I see the kid, I see, I mean, we got it posted, gonna have it posted up. The kids got his you know, he got his butting the calf, he's uncrutches.
Speaker 4: But I hope, oh, I hope this didn't happen. I really do, I really do.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry the kid got a broken foot, but damn, I mean, trying to do a good deed and potentially ended up injuring the kids.
Speaker 2: So I just, I just I just just hate that situation happened. I just want to.
Speaker 4: See the doctor report when it happened. What gaming well I need I'm sorry, I don't. I don't just go on. I need to see what you Gil say, Gill say, he need to tie tread. Let me see you let me see if that's a if that's a parrella, if that's a parent. Because you know, you know how sometimes this works, right, they know the bad media forces him to settle anyway.
Speaker 2: Right, It's one of those things, you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's easier to say, all right, here's one hundred two hundred thousand, shut up, right, versus like, what happened to me?
Speaker 2: Like that's what I said, I need to because this happened in October? Were where was the noise then? On this right?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you hold it off to this long? That? Where y'all were you black Melow this whole time trying to get some money? Here?
Speaker 4: Did he pay you? Did he do you? You said, hey, can you give me a sweet or something? And it didn't happen. Now you want to sue what happened? What made you hold this story this law? If I'm not correct me?
Speaker 2: If I'm wrong. I heard that.
Speaker 1: I was reading a little bit about it, and it says, excuse me, the kid went to get an autograph and and LaMelo, I guess, pulled off, ran over his foot, and the mom said, he ain't even signed no autograph. So I guess that's what happened. He written went to the car to get an autograph. And I don't know if if Mello didn't see him or whatever the case happened, but he said somehow, She said, somehow LaMelo ended up running over his foot and you probably.
Speaker 5: Didn't see him.
Speaker 6: That's all, you know, You know, how kids are in that that environment when it's a when it's a star player, they're excited and the mellow probably didn't see and had no idea.
Speaker 2: That means there's other people out there. So that means those the other people. Somebody saw something.
Speaker 4: I give somebody and then if he did it, why are you sewing the hornets?
Speaker 6: Oh well, hopefully they get that life change. They trying to get that life change in bad hopefully.
Speaker 1: See just so many hornings don't hornets don't want that press. So that's the here, here's three four hundred thousand. Sometimes it's sometimes it's called a nuisance feet just throwing to go away. It's kind of like if you know a lot of it without oh ya, when I was growing up, we have mosquitoes in the house because.
Speaker 4: You know that screen though you know the screen had a hole in it, so the mosquites.
Speaker 1: Coming to the house sometimes instead of just we get up the whole the whole room with with brugs break because they was he was a nuisance.
Speaker 2: I just want him to go away. I tried to kill it, but I want you to leave the rule and stopping.
Speaker 5: Aggravating this here.
Speaker 4: So so uh, the police The police support did not include Ball's name or his insurance detail.
Speaker 1: Damn, So how you doing with mellow? And it looked like it's always I know it wasn't that. It couldn't have been that that coloring because the windows so black. Hell, that bank might have been driverless.
Speaker 4: They said, they said, the police said the mellow Ball name was not put into the fouling.
Speaker 2: Oh come on that. So you're just gonna go back and add the name after the fight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they Yeah, you gotta have you gotta have physical I mean, at this point, I need to see a video of this happened, because you can just say he did it, Like how how does he prove he didn't? Just like you can't prove he didn't? Like is their film? Is their video of the happening?
Speaker 2: Because I'm pretty sure if it's outside the arena, they had the cameras from oh.
Speaker 5: Their camera cameras everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh Joe, I mean, Gil, y'all guys know now, it ain't no guilty. It ain't no innocent till proven guilty. It's guilty into approven in US now.
Speaker 2: And now. And all I gotta do is put it out there because here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Let's just say for the sake of argument, you can put somebody can say, well, I'm gonna sue such and such, and they go and they drop the charges.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, they pay them.
Speaker 1: On the hush. So all I gotta do is put it out there. If I put something out there, somebody is going to believe it.
Speaker 4: Of course I don't care. People like, well, don't worry. But the Internet ain't real.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why people keep posting it on the Internet because they know people are gullible enough to believe anything they posted on them in the Internet. They told the story that you know where the story of the white elephant came from. They actually had on their that was in l Byino. The pigmentation was gone. Ain't nobody believe it? So guess what they did. They win and got an elephant and painted in white with house paint. Everybody believed it was white elephant. You see how that see, oh Joe. And that's the way it is in our society.
Speaker 2: Now. I think somebody can say something, oh it happened.
Speaker 1: Oh I believe. I totally believe that happened. I can see it happening. And you know, o Jo got money. Oh he paid them, He stuck his agent of what his boy done, gave a little something to make it go away.
Speaker 2: Oh get all that money Gil got? Yeah, Gill paid, Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the society that we live in now, is that people want to believe, not that it is true or not, but I want to believe that that happened. The w NBA players are being pettied by Kaitlyn Clark. We got sound, oh, Lebron said. What's the name of this podcast? Mind the Game? Lebron said on his Minded Game podcast with JJ Reddick. He says that a lot of the w NBA players and our Greek Charles Barclay also summed it up. Now, Gil prid to Caitland Clark, how many private flights do the WNBA players teams take?
Speaker 2: Zero? I think it was all about the guil prior to Kaitlyn Clark. How many games with on TV? I'm still trying to find the rest of them games? Okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So so I'm trying now. Also, Gil, prior to Caitland Clark, what Chamber of Commerce offered their six teams one hundred thousand per player before Caitlyn Clark. Yeah, and y'all, mad do y'all realize the attention that she's bringing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard like that the ESPN was thinking about having a w NBA today. All these great players. I don't need to name them. Y'all know who the w NBA great players were. And y'all they fly, y'all, they fly, Charter Caitler Clark. Come now, you got Charley, Yeah, now you see, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Gil there, it's that old thing. Man.
Speaker 4: I want to I want to cut my nose off to despite my face, right, And that's what this is. She is moving the needle for y'all. Yet, yeah, benefiting the most, but compared to what y'all were doing before, y'all are benefiting.
Speaker 2: Also, she signs one.
Speaker 4: Hundred million, you think you better than her, and you signed fifty.
Speaker 2: God dammit, that was fifty more.
Speaker 4: Than you had begot before she got out of here. And you guys are in VPS. All the all the awards that you guys were getting, y'all wasn't rewarded for. She got rewarded without any stats. Now y'all get to go back and negotiate. Well, she got paid this, she get a signature shoe. Hey, I'm a two time MVP, I'm a champion this Hey, how.
Speaker 2: Can I get you? You know what? You're right?
Speaker 4: Let me sign it is so the fact that there's this much animosity about the person that's feeding you, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: See it just like she's feeding y'all. Angelies, is feeding.
Speaker 4: Y'all, feeding y'all. Yes, yes, yes, doors that y'all didn't do. So to be honest, shut the fuck up because y'all did, y'all couldn't do it. Just accept it and benefit be happy. Skims this shoes lit gloss. It's because someone broke down some walls that were put in front of y'all, and y'all should be y'all should be like season than. I appreciate you, Kaitlin, thank you a little bit better, Hey, Kaitlin, thank you for whatever you did. We don't know, but this god damn this man, this white man then gave me one.
Speaker 2: Hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: I don't know who he was, but he came in here and said, y'all get each thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate Go ahead, O Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's dope.
Speaker 6: I think it's dope with Kaitlyn Clark and Angel Reese and all the others that have come into the coming to the w NBA have done, you know, for the game, uh to to that point. Obviously, now I'm curious. Obviously, you know, I wasn't even watching NBA games. Now I'm watching WNB games. And that happened. They had the opportunity to go watch the Atlanta Dream and the Dallas Wings play last night, and I didn't know what to expect.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what to expect because you know, listening to Twitter, they tell you the games were horrible. Why you going to the game?
Speaker 2: Why are you going to like?
Speaker 6: And so I don't know what to expect, and I don't know what the experience is going to be like. Man, listen, I had the time my damn life.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: I had the I had the time of my life. The energy, the passion, the aura in that goddamn stadium at that Wings and Dream game when it was unbelievable. I don't go to the club. I don't go to clubs, but if I had to have an idea on what it was like, it's like being at the club. The fans engaged with the DJ, but they having a basketball game going on.
Speaker 5: That's the only that's the only.
Speaker 6: UK the whole four quarters, halftime clunk man.
Speaker 5: Listen. So after that.
Speaker 6: Renee, thank you again, Yeah, miss Montgomery, thank you for having me sis.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you. I love you.
Speaker 6: That was a great experience, you know, I got to take real. So they played, they played at Fever June twenty. First, if I'm not mistaken at the State Farm Arena, I told Montgomery, I say said, I'm coming back because this environment and what I was able to experience here is nothing like what people on Twitter be talking about. It had me thinking it would be like nothing like that. That shit was amazing, and I got I got to go back. I gotta go back.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing you think anybody hated on Magic and Mike for what they did, because now the revenue increased exponentially. Because everybody remember when the game playoff game the NBA Finals was on tape delay. Yeah, they changed that, Michael and Larry they did that, and then there was another guy came along five years later.
Speaker 2: Now, how y'all think, how y'all think everybody getting these shoot heels in facts?
Speaker 1: Who do y'all think these brands where y'all think that's from. Even if you don't like him, you gotta respect and appreciate what he's done. Ladies, do you understand you're getting attention? And if you're smart, I put ass on that plane going to Paris. I don't care if you don't put in the game, because I'm taking that she going to Paris because that's what every big brand in America, every sponsor advertise in America want to be attacked to Kaitlin Clark.
Speaker 4: That's the same thing I said when it was like, oh she has a try tryout, that's the drive in my ass' And then I might ask her who would you like to play with? Because right now the money is following you. So who thank you play with?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Who do you like? Right? And I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: She doesn't have the accurate lads that had that much power. But them companies that we're looking for says shit does so that means shit? Does you ask them? You complain every goddamn year, we need more money, we want more money. Why nobody want to watch us? God gave you a person and now you're rejecting it. We ate they didn't hold a rim like we asked.
Speaker 2: They didn't do it.
Speaker 4: Put you in bathing suits like I asked, Right, that was the personal thing.
Speaker 1: Cameron Brink. Cameron Brink was only five. She was in there fire in a bathing suit.
Speaker 4: But but they gave you somebody for us to watch it. So y'all should embrace us, enjoy it. Hey, benefit from it. Benefit y'all got some personalities, benefit from it.
Speaker 2: All this dirty playing y'all trying to do. I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 4: They gonna remove your ass because she got a little power. Now, trust men, it's only gonna get bigger. Hey, y'all, remember when kobd Young Kobe got that two piece. Nobody noticed he wasn't in the league. After his contract was over, Charles, he was done. They put his ass over in Toronto, sent him to another country. Yeah, you ain't gonna be in this country no more. Right once, once young fella got his power should change. You want to be on you want to be on the good side of this person.
Speaker 1: She be my best friend. Hell yeah, hey, hey, I'm a friend to her. I'm a friend to hu Man. You see you see all these state farms, You see all these oh Joe, you see all these deals that she's getting.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's good for the living.
Speaker 4: But everybody, everybody get to eat.
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing. If you're hungry, I don't care how much it is. It's better than what I had. I had nothing before. So even if I'm just getting crumbs, there's enough of the pie to go around. You might not get the slice. You know, Hey, guys, I don't know if y'all I'm old enough to remember. I used to have friends that their teach, that their their mom was a school teacher. Yeah, they bob gave them special treatment. But when they have birthday, we got cooking and cupcakes. We have birthday party.
Speaker 5: So while y'all, hey, everybody benefited.
Speaker 1: I'm benefiting. I'm getting cupcakes, I'm getting cooked. I'm getting punched. We getting pencils, we get you know what I'm saying. Oh yo, we getting crayons, were getting colored? Yeah, why would be mad at that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh no, Hey, that's my friend. Hey Johnny, my friend. This makes your shallna get one? This is your damn right.
Speaker 4: This is a this is a society thing itself, right, it's the whole thing where it's And I asked people this, I say, all right, Would.
Speaker 2: You rather be number two.
Speaker 4: And you make a million dollars but somebody's in front of you, right, somebody's in front of you.
Speaker 1: He's the lead. But you make Yeah, you make a million dollars. He makes more than you. He makes five, You make one. Or would you rather be the lead dog and you make five hundred million? I mean five hundred thousand and you have somebody below you? Do you know more than Fidget?
Speaker 4: Yeah, five hundred thousand, just to say I got more than you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I told Ojo. We had that study. They did a study. You could you can make more, but somebody else would make more than you. Or you can make less and that person would make less. They took less. Yes, because I just don't want them to make more than me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, No, you can't pocket. You can't pocket watch. You gotta write. I don't care. Hey, Hey, they ain't got nothing to do with me. I'm gonna do my thing. What what oo give?
Speaker 1: What Ocho and I do, And we appreciate you coming on and give us some basketball insight on Wednesday. For what Ocho and I do. What everybody else do, ain't got nothing to do with us. But I tell you what my team. Do we go out and we find out who's spending the money in podcast?
Speaker 2: That's what we do. We don't hate on nobody. We don't say this.
Speaker 1: My team says, Okay, Shannon, this team spends in podcast indigitally.
Speaker 2: This is what they do.
Speaker 1: This is where they distribute the money. Okay, So I just need to let me know where. And then my part is is to say, Okay, this is what you and I do. This is what okay, because they want to see They gonna want to see the rate car Okay, how many views, how many impressions, how many times on you all the week?
Speaker 2: Do you do? Do you do med? Do you do pre do you do end rolls? They want to know that this is what we do.
Speaker 1: Will he will he read it live? Or will it need to be recorded? That's what they want to be. So when I see when I see other guys getting when I see it Joe Rogan, I was like, oh they so that means somebody got some money. Oh I see this guy. Oh somebody got some money. Okay, now how can we get some of it? Saying we gotta get how can we get some of it? Because it's not all just a little bit, little bit, How can we get little bit?
Speaker 2: Just look just a little taste.
Speaker 1: So and that's what I and I told said we gotta do. I said, oh yo, what we're gonna do is that we're gonna be so great. They got to come advertised on us. They got the sponsor us because we're gonna have too many eyes. We gonna have too many people talking about Nightcap. We're gonna have too many people talking about club shape shape that they got to come see us. That's how I look at it. I don't begruts. Nobody. You get what you get they got with hey, but what we do, what o Cho and I do and we think you get that's like when we went on the war.
Speaker 2: Gil gets from the war.
Speaker 1: So you you got you gotta you gotta, you gotta wear be coming, You got you gotta synopsis.
Speaker 2: The ward coming so geese. Yeah. So that's that's that's how we do it.
Speaker 1: I see what's going on, and I see the money that's in the space, and I congratulate the guy. P mac Pete make one of my heroes because I felt he started out digitally.
Speaker 2: Paul laid that into a big time show. YEP.
Speaker 1: So it tells me, it can be done. Instead of being envious the p mac Hey, pe mac, how you do that? Yeah, okay, we can do it.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 4: Like someone has to break the mold. Someone has one has to open the lane. And you know, just like with the NBA, they were doing charter flights and and I read that uh Detroit Pistons was the first team.
Speaker 2: With uh they on private jet which said.
Speaker 4: They said, uh, we had John salary today. He said, when they got their plane, it stopped this. He said, it stopped fighting because they had to stay over go to the club. They used to get a lot of fights and you throw usage and stopped and stopped divorces because the guys aren't achieating as much because they got to the next city right right. And once they won championships. What do you think the other teams did? Well, Shit, they gotta got played. We need a plane. Troy opened up planes. This is what Caitlyn Clark is doing. She's opening up for everybody else. Sit back, sit back and enjoy and when it's show.
Speaker 1: Time to shine, shine shine, get that money. Can Clark Also, she's the first player since Michael Jordan. She signed a multi year deal with Wilson, which is the league official basketball supplier, for a signature basketball collection celebrating Clark's continued legacy.
Speaker 2: The company now ston on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, right, I mean, oh yeah, she can't.
Speaker 2: Sign all of it.
Speaker 4: Let her get listen, let her pick the one she won't and then those other companies that.
Speaker 2: She's ignoring and got to come to someone else.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, because even because here's the thing, even if it's not because a lot of times, you know, you start, you start first watching, because you're the latest, you carry the purse, you start first watching.
Speaker 2: Okay, check this out on yoke. Well she made this.
Speaker 1: If you make fifty thousands, how many deals you had before that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: None, don't don't.
Speaker 5: Don't do them like that.
Speaker 2: That's like I look at it. You don't want to hear that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Don't do it.
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah, the deal is gonna come now. I think again, I'm not sure. Maybe the women are looking at it maybe differently than us, And we would have to be able to well, we would be able to have to ask them, why do you think some of the w n B NBA players feel the way they do about her? And I would need to hear their answer. Obviously, I haven't. I haven't heard anyone speak out publicly. I think just about her got publicly his suicide. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: Of what they say. Someone filled this pool up.
Speaker 4: Go fucking swimming, I mean, yeah, why is her name on the pool? Why you want a swimming not goddamn it because you would sitting here.
Speaker 2: Why won't they put a pool in the area.
Speaker 4: They got one, right, Go swim and enjoy, have fun, enjoy your summer, get your money.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. She can't. Hey, she got Wilson.
Speaker 1: Hey, smaller to me? Somebody they running out of b there. Yeah, don't make you got a basketball?
Speaker 2: Hey, listen. And that's how it is is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I hope they come to their senses and realize that they're making more money this year than they did before and understand who's helping that. Now we get to see your play, we get to see Asia Wilson, We get these other girls ball out, and some of them companies is like, well, our company is a little too big or a little too small for Helen.
Speaker 2: But hey, I got three hundred thousand to get to you.
Speaker 4: Would you like it? I've seen the way you played. Hell yeah, that's how that works.
Speaker 1: They're taking fifty thousand because considering that the top left making two hundred thousand. Hell yeah, you're gonna take a quarter of your salary for an endorsement. All right, we have a brand new animation debut tonight. It's called Nightcap Tails.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 1: This week's prompt, when did you realize your partner re broke?
Speaker 5: Broke, was broke?
Speaker 1: Here's the best. Here's some of the best responses. Four hundred bands said her card was declined when we're getting ice cream. I couldn't say anything though, because I couldn't afford it either.
Speaker 2: We both broke.
Speaker 1: We both broke, the real dim Goddess said when I asked him for nothing and he still didn't have it. Damn When I saw when I saw how all her tires were, She's on the high turned the corner.
Speaker 2: They may pop o yoke, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They sten women want something.
Speaker 6: Women never never do they oil change and never change their tires.
Speaker 1: When I went to go see her eight hours away, and he had me stand behind her to shield her from the camera so she can still make up out of.
Speaker 2: Support for.
Speaker 5: Now, that's what that's that's romantic.
Speaker 2: I ain't damn not. Ain't no part of that.
Speaker 5: That's romantic right there?
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: Had two donuts in the car for three months, just riding on the wing of.
Speaker 2: The prayer donuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, donuts ain't good after the first that it gets hard.
Speaker 5: You got you put them in the microwave.
Speaker 1: Man see riding around with him for two days in his car. He ain't got no damn microwave bot. Y'all don't know where you can telling you. When he finally took me to his house and it was a storage unit, damn.
Speaker 6: Oh listen, God said come as you are, and that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 4: And a swordier's yeah, that's why this lady said when rent was due, he was either in jail or the hospital.
Speaker 2: Hey, he was.
Speaker 1: He was donating plasma jail. I seen his ass went viral on Judge Matthews or in his ex.
Speaker 5: Real.
Speaker 1: Well, she didn't have body washing, and I had to shower and wash my body with conditioner that needed water in it to work.
Speaker 5: Wow, hey, guess that you got to be conventional.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 1: She told me when she told me to wait until my child supports it. Then I'll take you out for your birthday.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, hey, I like I like the afritha a f She.
Speaker 1: Went to buy a homeless man a meal from McDonald's and a card was declined at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: If you ain't got no money, it don't matter what the hell you at. It's that the client.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, you know, hell expensive as it is. I don't know. That's probably right.
Speaker 1: Now fraud alert. She would only treat when she got those q pons in the mail.
Speaker 6: A cutting them, cutting them qupons out of the newspapers. Classic. I remember them days of my grandma.
Speaker 2: A groupon y'all remember groupon GROUPA used to be big. My kids they had them. Man, I take my kid. If I kid, oh, I should tell her because I do. Whoe they watch it bad? You take my kid? Hey, get that? I got them group on the bag the burgers.
Speaker 1: My son would get burger, he got bacon, he get the egg, the fried egg.
Speaker 2: On it may not your go ahead, may not burger? Stack this.
Speaker 1: And then come home and clog up my clog. The clog up here because he had to go downstairs. He couldn't go upstairs. Check this out on Joe, she stole forty dollars out of my purse for the plan.
Speaker 5: B I say she stole with it? Wait she or he stole.
Speaker 2: I guess he stole it.
Speaker 1: He stole it to give her the forty dollars for the plan b ah.
Speaker 6: So he took the money from her to give back to her. Hey, hey, I let to see that's thinking.
Speaker 4: I know someone broke when he asked me for money and I say no, and they called me broke.
Speaker 2: Like wait, a bit old dog like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, people think people think you making think you made the money.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I know, man, Are you in the Hall of Fame? I say, But they don't send that check. They gotta do it, They tell on Joe, Man, you in the Hall of Fame. They don't pay for being in there. It's a prestigious honor, it is, oh man, all these super Bowl rings. Yeah, they don't pay money for winning the super Bowl. I got that money there and they say, hey, the super Bowl, thirty two and thirty three winters, a, we got a check coming for y'all. It don't work like that, right the team. If you don't play for them, they don't cut checks anymore unless you work for the team.
Speaker 2: But you know what you tell people that man? Man?
Speaker 1: I know, man, come on now, man, you too good of a player. I say, do your company when you retire, your company gonna still send you checks. Oh oh, exactly, Mine don't work like that. All right, guys, this time for our last segment of the night. And it's cute and hey, altus, if Luca retired after this season, would he have done enough to be in the Basketball Hall of Fame considering his stints in Slovenia and Real Madrid.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, it's only been five years old.
Speaker 1: On Oh, he going to the Hall of Fame because, like they said, they factored in Slovenia, they factored in he's been. He's been a pro. Say if he's what sixteen years in Real Madrid. He's a five time first team All the NBA. He's a Rookie of the Year. Oh he cold. I mean, he's just gonna hit in me.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm saying, Yeah, let me five time all start, four time All NBA Rookie, Rookie of the Year, scoring champion. Yeah, right now, he's MVB.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's uh, he's Hall of Fame, all right, Lady Ray glad to have you back.
Speaker 2: Lady.
Speaker 1: We heard you was hung over the last couple of last week, so I'm glad you know. Sob it up long enough you can send us another question. Good evening tonight, cap Trifector. Who is the most famous contact in your phone? And what contact would we be surprised in your phone? Yep, please do some name drop it?
Speaker 5: Uh the most famous for me.
Speaker 4: See here I got, I got Chris Brown, I got NICKI Minaj.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I guess c B.
Speaker 1: Lebron.
Speaker 2: Uh that's you know.
Speaker 4: Mine.
Speaker 6: Mine would be uh probably Christiano Ronaldo and probably Denzel Washington.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Let's see.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to I got Adam Schefter, the phone.
Speaker 1: I got Steve Harvey, said entertator, that the Count, I got Cat.
Speaker 2: Williams, those on count you got that those working I'm trying to think, man man, I got like a five hundred. I got Dame.
Speaker 5: I got Dame Dollard, oh, d Wade and Lebron.
Speaker 2: I got I tell you how about this? Here? I got a Bob Igert.
Speaker 5: Let me see who else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Rick Ross, Trick Daddy that Count Ross Marshall Falk laughist Gerald.
Speaker 2: The iron chef girl Sheffield.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to think who else they got in here.
Speaker 2: Don't I mean? I was keep it. I'm gonna using my phone like that. Yeah, I ain't never called him. I got Howie Ready hanged.
Speaker 1: He is that. I don't really you know what. I don't bother people. I got George Matthis if you need some memple, If you need George Hill.
Speaker 2: I got the I got killed.
Speaker 6: I got Paul Poga, Lukaku, Botle, Telly Oh, I got stephen A Smith.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got Peyton, I got all Oh.
Speaker 6: I got boxers, Taylor Plant, Shaker, Stevenson Boots, oh, Mark Flare, I.
Speaker 4: Got oh So, I got Sauce Gardener.
Speaker 2: I got off Fit.
Speaker 5: Ryan Clark.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Mock Urban I got Earthquake, got a bunch of comedians. I got a random mems.
Speaker 2: I got a What's Up? Maverick? I got Rich Paul Okay, I got I got Ryan.
Speaker 6: Coogler rich too. I see my Imber, My home's famous.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 6: Nobody is is as famous as Christiano and in Denzel.
Speaker 5: So that's my that's my time.
Speaker 4: I got a bunch of judges and FBI agents, just the guys.
Speaker 2: I got in trouble. I got it. I got some of that I got, I got a lot of them. I ain't mentioned Neil DC.
Speaker 1: So I get a call and I got a bunch, and I got a bunch hey kill, and I got a bunch of attorneys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, old John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a twenty thousand dollars bet b.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know.
Speaker 4: One of my co hosts said, he can lock you up on the football field.
Speaker 6: Hey, man, tell Brandon stopped playing. Man, Brandon probably got COVID. Brandon can't even beat me in basketball, let alone football. And that's my guy. I love Brandon saucy dude. Man, I've been looking up to him for a very long time, very long time. I mean he don't even know it, but you know, brand B, I love you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Listen, you'll shaking the hell out that man, right, I mean, forget shaken.
Speaker 2: I'm on the court.
Speaker 5: I want to show him I'm I'm better than you at your own game.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 6: Like I'm like that, like I'm like nas Red if I if I had the opportunity to play on the NBA team, I'd be the sixth man of the Year.
Speaker 5: Like I'm on I'm on that.
Speaker 2: Hey, do poor stars count? Yeah? Who? Hey? Who you got? Who you got? Who you got?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 1: I tell you well, I tell you I don't got. I don't got sky Bree and I don't got Atlanta Rose. So who Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Ro Landadale ray Man? You talk about Lanta Roads, Landadale Raise a name? No, trust me, You talk about the artist, the musician, right, No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: She can work some music, she can say she can she can work. Oh, she can work some music, she can work some magic.
Speaker 2: And I got you know, I don't wait, uh huh, that's Google.
Speaker 5: Hold on.
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 5: I only know Lannadale Rays.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I don't know her, but I know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: What's the name?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Lanta Rose? You know? Normal? Here girl? They normal?
Speaker 5: Lana Lanea Rhoades, Leonard Lane.
Speaker 6: She's an it says Landa Rose is the American internet personality podcaster and oh former former film actress. She's she's she's he's pretty.
Speaker 5: He's pretty.
Speaker 2: You be able to stop playing? Yeah, she's pretty for fifteen hundred.
Speaker 1: But I him. But check this out here the posts they killed? Did you really have a bottle war in the club with Washington? Football team. How much was the final town?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, So look I'm in Miami, so I'm in your area. Oho, I think, yeah, I mean live right, I know, I ain't never been wait listen like, so I didn't drink.
Speaker 2: So we're there for Antoine Jamison's birthday. It's some minutes. Girls birthday, have a little birthday thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah me.
Speaker 2: This is when they just started bringing the sparklers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, right right, so we just ordered.
Speaker 4: Just it's just three, four of us, right, like, let me just get two bottles, you know, and the cake. And then so the orders too. And then dude behind me got a bunch of girls. The orders eight, right, and.
Speaker 2: Then whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 5: Eight what bottles? Time out?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: How much is one bottle? Just one bottle?
Speaker 4: Back then probably like anywhere from four to fifty to one thousand, and.
Speaker 5: He ordered eight.
Speaker 6: That's okay, that's eight thousand, okay, all right, I just want to make sure I'm wish you a month.
Speaker 5: I need context.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, eight grand go this way, so you know me, oh man, right, And then he looked at me like, yeah, get your game up. So I look at antwine I got this, let me get ten bottles right, hit him with the ten. He ordered eight more. Oh, now I guess you don't know. I just I just got this money. Give me twenty bottles, fuck him right, And then I did it like that, twenty bottles, and then ordered him one because now we need to make it because everybody's looking now. So while the twenties coming here, one breaks off and go to him. So it looked like he can't even afford it no more.
Speaker 2: Right, then we.
Speaker 4: Got all these bottles over here. Bro we not dressed, only four of us. We then they got thirty forty bottles right now. Then I said, you know what, let me be smart, gil be smart, strategic.
Speaker 1: What to do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: He gonna need to hydrate. I want all the I told her, I want all the Fiji water in the building. And then I want sparkless on every single one of it. And walking out here like a Chu Tue train. Wow, they just walking. It was like the six pack of Fiji, just walking it.
Speaker 2: And I said, shit, I can't drink it, but you ain't gonna rehydrate. And I just started having a little water fight in there. It was the liquor. He ended up being the club promoter.
Speaker 4: And then that made it even funnier because you got to go back home broke. You're gonna waste all the money that they was gonna give you on bottles trying to compete with me because I'm gonna do this tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I know you can't do this tomorrow, Damn.
Speaker 5: Garyl you spent thirty thousand in all.
Speaker 4: Bottles, No, probably fifty spend fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: On bottles.
Speaker 4: Trust me, I wasn't out listen. I was happy about it because I ain't even get nothing like. It's not like they left the table and came with me, right, So I don't know what on them, but whatever I was.
Speaker 2: Thinking, it didn't work right. And then I didn't get no ladies, nothing.
Speaker 4: Just just wet, wet with minus fifty on the tier.
Speaker 2: Damn man, I felt some time away for fifty stay.
Speaker 5: That's that's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You know what it was? He out smarter me, But I played like I won that night.
Speaker 4: A thousand on bottom. Trust me, I know, especially because I didn't get nothing. Did you hear that the last part, I didn't get that labor.
Speaker 2: He ain't getting that ain't nothing.
Speaker 5: You could have got you something.
Speaker 2: But I could have went.
Speaker 5: I could because because it because it's you.
Speaker 2: I could have went to Tuesday's. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I ain't never been there. I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Boss ladies said, big up, oh Joe on your upcoming union. Not a full life until you get a wife. Would would either of you be good with no intercourse before the wedding if the person wanted to have stayed, even if y'all your.
Speaker 5: Hell down, anybody got time for them games?
Speaker 2: I'm driving.
Speaker 6: The Bible said to to refrain from sex before marriage. And if we doing it already, I mean ship, we already messed up anywhere?
Speaker 2: No that thing that might be a limit.
Speaker 1: No, sir, the night before sex or just you don't have sex before the marriage, no intercourse before the wedding.
Speaker 2: But we have been doing it oh before I mean yeah, no, no, no, I can do it with I just don't have sex with her, probably her.
Speaker 4: Friend or just one of my side. I can hold out as long as you want, because I got playing B and C right here.
Speaker 1: No, oh no, you don't wait to hold we about to get married. We don't have so I mean, how long is this this for a week. I mean, so what is this this your like your religion, like my mom told me and my grandma and her grandma and all that, like the week leading up to the wedding, we don't have sex if it's something like that, yeah, or you just like, oh i'd have just like I don't think we Oh hell.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not right if you don't have sex for like two weeks.
Speaker 4: Before you getting married, when you see her, you seeing her in a whole different light, huh, Like she she looking like a nice little cake right there. Like I can't wait like that, honey moon gonna be fun if I hit you last night, honeymoon, I'm good.
Speaker 1: You know it ain't know it ain't I doesn't because I already know. You know, you know what the number one thing, you know, the number one thing that kill kill a sex drive. What wedding cake?
Speaker 2: Man? You we wearing can't get to kill a sex drive quicker than anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't. I ain't nobody that. I ain't gonna have no cake.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna have You better tell them about what wedding and kick or do? Mmmm? They don't who made you their wife? Major? Like you don't need I don't need a.
Speaker 1: Moment that they see they're gonna be doing, They're gonna be do See they do all that fun stuff before they.
Speaker 2: Get mad to get you. I'm tired. Then you're gonna come back there all rollers in your head. You gotta rob on the got like that.
Speaker 4: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 5: Hey, I love I tell my baby listening.
Speaker 6: If you if you go on to bed, either you put your hair wrapped up or you or you put on a bonnet, one of one or the other. Well, that ship is so fucking sexy to me, man, I love And maybe maybe it's because of my environment and where I'm from and where I grew up and how it was raised and where I grew up and just seeing women in bonnets and seeing their hair and a wrap, you know, with a fresh manicure, pedicure.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody. Ain't nobody going on. They got a bonnet and all that stuff, but ain't nobody got no fresh man better can stop it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm dog. That's the epitome of sexy and confidence.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: Shiit.
Speaker 4: No, I don't got to worry about that because I cheat and I tell him my cheap right, you got to you gotta on your game. I'm like a team, all right. Your last an't out here performing a sub. You get killed, you ain't gonna ever get mad. You get mad at me and put me on punishment.
Speaker 2: God damn it.
Speaker 4: Trust me, I'm gonna eat. I'm like, hey, I'm like a dog when you get kicked out in the yard. Oh, you gonna go find something. I'm surviving. Okay, straps around here that I can feed on before you want to feed me again, don't put the.
Speaker 1: Uh Chad tra Trapnick said, Hello, my name is Chad Travnick. I love you guys, but I noticed, as a death hard to hearing person that you don't have English caption at all. It would help so much if I could listen and my friends can listen to. I have seen other podcasts that have excellent captions for people like us.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That must be a woman, uh Ash says.
Speaker 1: Our subtitles and close captions are unavailable because we're live. Captures are available as soon as the live stream is complete. All other sports shows that have captures are merely available aren't live but rather pre recorded. Also, so, Chad, that's why you're not able to listen to us in real time. Well, we're sorry for any inconvenience, but we appreciate you and your friends listening to Nightcap.
Speaker 2: We greatly greatly appreciate that that must be that must have been.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that must have been a woman, because you know, they they don't want to listen to you, to just read you. No, he said he's deaf for here in the past he got he hard to hear a man. Okay, yeah, man caption. Yeah, it's hard to Yeah, it's hard to put captions on on live. It's hard to put captures on live. So he has the way to like just vis death till we put it on Bill Yeah, Bill d oh.
Speaker 1: That concludes tonight's episode of Nightcap. For a quick recap, the Mavericks go on the road, steal game one one one oh five. Luca Dante thirty three points, eight assists, six rebounds, Kyrie Irvin thirty points, five rebounds, four assists, game to his on Friday last night. The Celtics come back beat the Pacers in overtime, and so that's it. Oh, thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. We greatly greatly appreciate you guys watching us. We know it's a little late, especially on the East Coast, but the one thing we can count on is that our loyal, faithful fans at Nightcap you tune in and you watch us. So we greatly, greatly appreciate that. It's something that we do not take for granted, and we do not take lightly. We're gonna thank Gil for chopping on and joining us on a Wednesday night. Realize that he has a lot of other things that he could be doing, but he was gracious enough to lend us his time to come on with us, So we appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Gil.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite unk Shannon Shark. Down below to the left is your favorite number eighty five rout Runner Extraordinary. He's Chad o Cho Senko Bengals Legend Ring of Fame, honoree pro Bowler, All Pro from Liberty City, Risotto Johnson. And in your bottom right, please make sure you hit that light button, Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. He's your favorite Arizona Wildcat, your favorite Number zero Wizard, Great Habachi Man himself, Gilbert Arenas. Thank you guys for selling out shave by Laportier. We're only taking pre orders. I've been assured that over the next five to ten days we will be able to clear out all back orders.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for your patience. I greatly greatly appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you go follow my media company pages on all platforms, Shay Shaped Media and my clothing company. Eighty four Nightcap merch was released this past weekend. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Quantities are limited and there's selling out fast. We're offering free shipping to all orders over one hundred dollars, and to show our appreciation to you guys, we create an additional twenty percent off used code on Gil Let's mention Gil's arenas channels again. He has a YouTube show that airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am Pacific time. That's Gill's Arena channel on YouTube. Show airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am Pacific time. He also has a personal page on YouTube no Chill Gill. That's Gil's personal page on YouTube no Chill Gill. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode. Gil appreciate you coming on Wednesday night, Oh show you and I back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Good night, God bless everyone.