Speaker 1: Hey, yo, what's up everybody? And welcome into Leading Off. Hello Peanuts, Hello, cracker Jack's doing my best show piece of p as I possibly can. I'm the Welsh, that is Casey Bubba Beaty Interrick is at the Welsh on the twitters and welcome in to the final few episodes of Leading Off for the twenty twenty three season. Thank you for hanging out with us, and thank you to Prize Picks. This is brought to you by Prize Picks. Check them out today. Promo code Leading Off. We're gonna be price picking. Excuse me a little bit later. You guys can get a one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks when you use that promo code. Go and do it today. Bubba, what is up my friend? How about twelve hundred nine am games at least on the West coast for us? Like literally half of the league is starting up as we're going live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's good. Thanks for having me as usual. Middle of the week, five shows to go, who's counting? But really cool stuff there, like you said, yeah, we talked about it before the show. I even text you last night. I'm like, all these games are starting early. This is bonkers. If it was Thursday against Thursday Night Football, it makes sense. Wednesday, you have the whole night to yourselves, showcase the playoff races. Nah, let's just play a bunch of day games. Why why build the game? Why build the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't worry about that. It's one day that you could really dominate. You can dominate the sports all throughout that I mean, I guess technically they kind of are. Remember we live in a East Coast world because on the East Coast this is around lunchtime and everybody can you know, get there, get the rocks off on the games and stuff like that. Where we're sitting up here and we're like, well, we can't do a main DFS slate today, so we will not be doing a Sorry. Also sad news, no Welsh and Corbyn Carrol today. Where we were traveling, I told I told Bubba my idea for this one, and the shows might have ended early if I.
Speaker 3: Got my way, this might have been the final of the final countdowns.
Speaker 1: If that was the case, let's just say it was Bele, just Beatle, just Beetle, just like we would have probably had a problem. So we don't have any of those today, but we do it funny.
Speaker 3: It was very fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys can use your imagination, but we got a whole lot. You guys do have questions, you can drop them in the chat. We will try to answer them here in just a little bit, getting your prep for these last couple of games.
Speaker 3: And in it.
Speaker 1: I think we did this once or twice. The NLSI young, I think is all but locked up. But Bubba, I'm curious to get your take. Blake Snell last night went seven, struck out ten no hits, no hits. He now has a two three three ERA fourteen wins, two hundred and twenty seven strikeouts. In it, sixty two of one hundred and four pitches were strikes as according to a retal World, he had twenty three swinging wis twelve on his curve ball and had a forty percent csw But if you hear what I'm saying, he had a no hitter going and he was taken out. And this is Blake Snell. After the game, We're going to go to some audio. Here he goes, Oh, man, I understand, no hit is an amazing accomplishments, so hard to do. I understand that. I also understand how much I value Hell, it's an individual accolade. It's cool for the team we got no hitter, but it's cool when the bullpen comes in. We trust them, you know what I'm saying? Those were actually almost like ninety five percent?
Speaker 3: Did he say I do declare in there somewhere?
Speaker 1: I did get a little like we're gone. I was thinking surfer vibe when I think Blake's around him in person, he's definitely one of those.
Speaker 3: There's his video was he an extra Dango unchained?
Speaker 1: There's a video going around of Paul Wall, and Paul Wall looks like it looks like a Morgan Stanley banker like, but he's got the grills, and there's definitely like you hear him talking, it doesn't match up. That's Blake's now. Like in person, he's just like, man, you know this is crazy, Like I don't care about your fantasy team. He goes, I understand it's a no hitter. Like that guy, he is built differently because he's like I literally was reading his quote. By the way, He's like, I understand it's an amazing accomplishment, but he's like, I don't think I could have gone there. I value health. I think what he's also saying under the surface, he values out many. He gotta get he I got, Hey, he's gonna get paid because he's a free agent after this year, and he's going to lock up this Cy Young Award. The only the two guys that were there were the Justin Steele stuff. I don't want to I mean, that's fine, just as you'll said, an amazing season. No, he's got like sixty less strikeouts, two more wins. Plake Snell is a better era and then obviously a Strider. Strider's got all the strikeouts in the world, but I think he's got close to a four era. We're going to talk about him. So are you with me? This is clearly Blake Snell.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been saying that for a while, but it was. It was an amazing theater in the world where where you know, there's the third wild Card, team races and all these other things. Streider goes out there, he's been struggling a ton lately, goes out on the East Coast earlier starter Philadelphia deals, strikes are like twelve or something, looks amazing, gets back on track, starting to get some visor. Okay, maybe we're back on the Strider Cy Young situation. Then Snell takes the stage and just it's filthy. I know, JP and the chat said four walks. Snell has been doing that the whole season and he's still been the best pitcher in the National League. The eer he doesn't letting me hit the baseball, that's the beauty. He's been selectively walking people is what it feels like. He's painting. He's dealing when he has to attack the own the strikeouts to know hit stuff was great.
Speaker 3: Then I thought it was awesome.
Speaker 2: So you see that on on Tuesday, and then a little Wednesday, Matt a little Wednesday afternoon Justin Steele gets to make his talk and that's fun. Like, I agree, it's the Snell Show, but I think it's Snell Steel Strider, which people get very annoyed with me on. I think still that Strider's like in thirdder has been amazing. The strikeouts are great, but the volatility is not Cy young es right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like the I guess for some reason I thought Strider's walk per nine was higher. It is pretty alarming. Yeah, I mean, Snell's walk per nine is double what Strider has, But there also might be an element of like how ridiculously crazy that is. Snell has a five walk per nine but an almost twelve k per nine. Strider has a thirteen point eight one per nine K and then a two point seventy six walk per nine, but he's got an ERA that's one and a half runs higher. And then Steal's kind of the in the middle guy. The problem is is like you know, two seven three ERA. It's great, he has sixteen wins, he's in the middle of the wins between them, he's got the lowest walk rate, but he's also got an under nine k per nine. Like you can make the case. I don't mean to be dismissive of Steel, like he's not deserved of being one of the best pitchers, and I one hundred percent traded him away at the beginning of the year, and I'm salty about it, But like, I don't know, I think it's sometimes the bigger, flashyar numbers kind of jump out to you and the you know, funny enough, I think the thing that works in favor of Strider so much is how dominant the Braves are and them being in the playoffs. It's something that could help steal a little bit. I mean, Snell will be everybody hates it. Everybody gets so mad when there's a guy who's so dominant for a team that are a bunch of losers and don't make the playoffs. And that's what the Padres are.
Speaker 3: Going to be.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I mean, you know, Snell drops off another one of the when you pretty much probably throw at home, you're what second to last start of the year, a theoretical no hitter, and you just don't finish it out like that's a pretty good ending to the year with an almost almost sub to eer.
Speaker 3: I think he's got it locked up.
Speaker 2: Next week Snell gets at the Giants and at the White Sox if he wants to put the cherries on.
Speaker 1: Top, Yeah, your home, your your last home start. Bam, you throw a seven inning no hitter and then you've got two really great starts to end out the year. Anything could happen. I mean, listen, I guess if Steel got to nineteen wins and keeps the era and then and then the other two get blown up, maybe there's a little bit of a change. But I kind of think it's done.
Speaker 2: It still gets the Pirates at home today and the next week at Atlanta at Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit tougher. It's a little bit tougher to start.
Speaker 3: Could be the really taelltale sign on that one.
Speaker 1: And I think it's the fun thing about this is like, this is the spot where things are not locked up. You know, it's hasn't been locked up. There's been some Parodo.
Speaker 2: MVP races that are pretty much done though for the most part, Rookie of the Year is pretty much in the bags. But yeah, you got this race. It's is pretty interesting. It should be snow Well, which is crazy. Think about you talking about Blake snow This is a guy that basically is gonna win his second Cy Young, two Cy youngs for Blake Snell. And he's a guy that we've had horrific seasons in fantasy where people like I don't trust him, never gonna take him again. Then he gets some analysts that go, well, we know the ceilings are Cy Young and he's getting drafted here.
Speaker 3: Is it worth the gamble? Some so yes, some say no. This year it was. It'll be fun to see how it goes next.
Speaker 1: We've been out of the trade videos for some time, but you know, my small little victory lap was Blake Snell made it into at least two of them to buy at the very very beginning of the season. There was a rough patch in there though, so it may not and I kind of even was like, oh, well, this might not work, but he definitely was one of those identifiers. So hopefully you locked it in. Speaking of awards, Ronald Acunya two homers now has thirty nine homers, sixty seven stolen bases. Ryder was wearing a shirt that was like, I think it said like forty sixty and then he said right after, he's like, well, this shirt is going to be completely relevant in a day or two because he's about to draw. Or maybe it was thirty sixty or something like that.
Speaker 3: It was thirty sixties a thirty eight homer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it was because he's about to and you know he knows exactly what this number. Oh yeah, he's hitting forty seventy, which insane?
Speaker 3: Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: Is this the most dominant season since like Eric Davis had that.
Speaker 2: Eric Davis, Ricky Anderson, those kind of seasons. This is break the world is for a fantasy football term. This is when you got to take Ladanian Tomlinson first overall, and it's just it's it's just insanity. What Acuna is doing to top it off, just the best part about it. Acunya did all that last night on Tuesday Night, on Acunya Batfoot Bobblehead Night. And by the way, one of the coolest babbleheads I see. So I'm gonna shamelessly say this, there's any listeners to have an extra one, I want to sell one slide.
Speaker 3: To the DMS.
Speaker 2: I will buy it from you. I'll pay for shipping. This thing was awesome and I'm so jealous. I could not have been there to do one shameless plug on that one.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: All my bobbleheads I only have in two ways. They've eve either been sent to me or I happen to get them at a game. I don't have a ton trying to see like who I have here, but I've got like a couple. The only one I want the Corbin Carrol one that he just had. They're running.
Speaker 2: There's so many good ones. I I used to collect him like people would send me some. But for the most part, they're all giants. They're all San Jose giants because that's what I go and get. But there's so many every one dream I could have if I retire, but by that time I I don't have a collection. Just drive and do bobblehead tours just because there's so many cool ones.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually, right here over my right shoulder, you can see this is the Luchador Coutell Marte. It's a little broken up. He lost his cape, but it's the luchador, could tell Marte. So those are yeah, that'll be a great one. That'll be fun.
Speaker 3: And of course.
Speaker 1: Uh and of course the Kuna just continues to dominate and is beautiful also in that do want to point out we're talking about that sag Strider did go seven and struck out eleven yesterday, So you know those three are battling it out and I think steals today. Correct, Yes, okay, so you know Steele's got to make his case, as you said, for the three of these guys, but I think it's kind of locked up. We also found out that show Heotana, we knew he packed up his bags, he left. Well, he officially had surgery yesterday. So the surgery happened, and it was quoted that he is fully expected at the beginning of the year to be hitting and pitching in twenty twenty five. They made it out that this was like a team player decision, you know, because he wanted to go have it over in Japan, that they all decided on this, though it still seemed pretty weird that they did the whole thing. Maybe there's this slim little thing of hope of what I brought up before, of you know, maybe teams hesitant and maybe him wanting to hit the market when he's a pitcher. Maybe he does just resign with the Angels. I can't imagine that's the case at this point. But he had the surgery. We probably won't really hear his name or anything until probably after the winter meetings. You know, he's probably gonna take a little bit of time in that full recovery and see what teams are offering. But surgery has officially happened, but they expect him to be hitting full throttle for spring training. Are you going to be out, Like, how are you going to draft Atani next year?
Speaker 2: I've never drafted Otani, so that's a start, because I just didn't want the headache of picking sides. Now it's easy because it's hitting only as long as it's to start the season. That's what I'm still skeptical about. I'd be late first, early second, just because as a peer hitter playing every day, he still has you know, forty thirty upside if he really gets going. So I think he's he might even be a mid first rounder if that's the case. But I want to make sure he's I need a better timeline of when he's actually coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's going to be the thing. In best balls, he might be lower in best balls.
Speaker 2: He can get a deal earlier draft. This is where the early draft season people make fun of people. These are the values you get that you don't get later in the year. You also take the risks, of course, but you can get some insane values.
Speaker 1: Wonki's literally in my brain right now, y'ah, who's sitting there, like, Hey, pretty sweet. We've got Atani divided into two players, and obviously in the exact same thing about Yahoo just sitting there. But yeah, I think if he plays and he's good to go, he'll be a first rounder regardless of the util and the pitching is not going to take away from the injury. I guess you're just gonna have like a general injury, since that's going to be in the back of your head. But I think best balls, he's probably going to go in the second round, maybe even third early on like the you know, the November first pitch drafts and stuff like that. If he's all good to go and it does look good then and also where he signs, you know, people are just gonna lose their mind when he signs, and he'll probably be a back in first rounder. But Atani officially had that surgery. Speaking of injuries, probably the most crushing for fantasy goers right now, Royce Lewis left Tuesday's game with a hamstring injury, currently day to day, not in the Wednesday lineup. Wanted to point that out. That was one of the first things that came up in the comments because Royce, you know, we've talked a lot about Royce and the dynasty value and where he's at and the way he's ending this season and the way he has become the best Twins player is insane, and he's pushing that value to next year to an exponential amount. Except I just wonder if this injury will be like a little bit of a wake up call of like, oh, yeah, this just never goes away, like these injuries are just always floating out there. But I don't know if there's any if anything has changed in your mind on where you're at for Royce for next year.
Speaker 2: No, I still love him a lot. He's gonna be one of those big time gambles. Has like a jazz Chisholm vibe to it, like, you know, the ceiling's ridiculous, but man, can you just stay on the stink and field.
Speaker 3: So it'll be one of those kind of discussions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, warm, warm, Sorry, guys, I know everybody's everyone's very upset, very very upset. Yeah, this is what you don't want. I actually saw a note that Walkee said, please don't turn into Buckston. I saw that Buxton. They said Buxton might be able to get into a game before the Triple A season ends, and I was just like why, Like.
Speaker 2: I was wondering why they were even trying to play him on the outfit where he reaggravated his injuries.
Speaker 3: Put him at DH. Stop this nonsense, we know it. I don't. Yeah, that's a long st It was.
Speaker 1: A hymn thing though. I think that was him, like he was like, I don't want to be excited until I'm in.
Speaker 3: Last time I checked, they pay him, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't work like that anymore. But yeah, so that's been a whole that's a whole thing. And I don't know why he would push because the Triple A season goes until like the like the end of next week, so it's essentially the end of the season. So I'm not really sure what that matters for busting coming back. Not that anyone would want to lock him in the other one. We've talked a ton about him, but Ryan Peppio was just phenomenal. No decision. He allowed one run, five hits, he walked one, struck out four. He had twelve swinging whiffs on ninety seven pitches. Eight of those whiffs came on the fastball thirty one percent CSW. He has a one point nine to one ERA in thirty three innings, which has been six appearances, three starts with the Dodgers, and is setting himself up to probably be a monster value next year and whatever that's going to be if he's going to get a full go. So Pepio is kind of a sit it and forget it type of starter or the rest of the way and he's gonna be a good value next year. Do you agree though, that there's no matchup you're really worried about with him?
Speaker 2: No, And that's where I was gonna go with this. I love Pepio. We've pounded the drum on this show. I've said it on anywhere that'll listen to me to add him a while ago. It's supposed to be for two starts this week against Detroit and the Giants. Well, the Dodgers. Is what the beauty of the final two weeks of the season does. They inserted Emmett she And and Gavin Stone in the rotation this week, So Pepio' is now scheduled quote unquote scheduled for a two step next week at Colorado at SF. And I still started him because Colorado is not the same Rockies, and I just love Pepio.
Speaker 3: I think he's amazing.
Speaker 1: This is kind of how it goes with some of these someome streaming pictures. And then we'll answer a few of your questions for a Thursday. I know we've talked about these, but I just want to bring it back up. We're looking at the Fantasy Pro's probable picture list here and not the Nick Pollock but the other picture list here And if you're looking at two pictures to stream, it looks like it is a smaller slate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thursdays a lot of off days.
Speaker 1: It's Sarah Gibson Long versus Oakland and Rangers swarre versus the Mets. I think we've all agreed that Gibson Long is an absolute no brainer. There is a little baby bit about like hugging your ratios and being maybe a little bit scared, but I think I don't know, We've we've hit on some good streamers over the last couple of days. I think this is one. I think this is kind of an if you're going to dip your toe in the market, this is the one that you do. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gibson Long, you roll the dice. You see what happens. All these pictures get blown up at any given time. So, yeah, play your Gibson Long.
Speaker 1: And then what about Ranger? Would you be comfortable with Ranger swars against the Mets.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with that. The Mets have pretty much gone ice cold. It's still always risky with Ranger. He's been inconsistent, but he's been better of late. So yeah, I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm good on that front too. Maybe it's a little bit riskier, maybe not. On Friday, you got three. The number one is Cole Reagans, which we talked about. We had our the shagrug with Nick Pollock, right, the Gibson versus Cole Reagans.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, the shag rug verse, the y Aces going a ace.
Speaker 1: Nick said he has no issue, no issues whatsoever with with Reagans. I'm a little bit concerned because Reagan's has been a little bit shaky in general, and that is a pretty tough lineup. But it's really only going to be about if you are hugging those ratios. If you're scurred, then maybe I don't. If you're you know, middle of the pack, you guys are kind of going back and forth. You can't afford to be down a quality starter or a win or something like that. Reagans is a no brainer to me, and I think you agree correct a hundred percent.
Speaker 3: You just keep starting, start your studs.
Speaker 1: So how about this Cole Reagans or Kyle Hendrix, who also is someone that's sitting out there available at home against the Rockies.
Speaker 2: I had a Kyle Hendrix question in a discord today, and I think he's a very good floor play. The ceiling is not as high as a Cole Reagan, so it depends. If you need strikeouts, you're going Cole Reagan's.
Speaker 1: But if you're trying to hug ratios, are.
Speaker 2: You Kyle Hendrix, You'll probably go Kyle Hendricks because he could also go longer in the game of his race. If he's going longer, the races are better. So you got to play that game, yeah, boy.
Speaker 1: And then number coming in at number three, you've got JP France, who has a theoretical good matchup against Kansas City, but that's a no go for you.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I just Kansas City is that team where they might suck for five days and then they blow up. They did it against Logan Allen, who casey is one of the worst teams against lefties over like the last month and a half, and they destroyed Logan Allen on Tuesday. JP France is nothing special. He'll have his great starts, but his blow ups are Chernobyl like blow ups.
Speaker 1: Just nothing. Felt like you're writing a Taylor Swift song. You're like, JP France is nothing.
Speaker 3: If I could hang out with Travis Kelce, I would.
Speaker 1: I said, you JB. Franch, You dude, you're pooh all right, And that's the only one that I know in my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just a radio.
Speaker 1: It's stupid. Also on the rookie, lookie, Alexander Canario two for four RBI, Grand Slam, first homer, and the word on the street still is I kind of think they're not going to is Alexander Canario is going to go to the Fall League even after all of these leagues. He doesn't need mari a b So that's why they would do it. But you know, major leagues all the way to the Fall League, rosters still not out for the Fall League, which is nuts.
Speaker 3: It should be saying. Literally they report what in like two weeks?
Speaker 1: Maybe uh they report, let me see in six days.
Speaker 3: It's like it's almost the end of the month. They got to be in air.
Speaker 1: They all know though, well.
Speaker 3: They know where they're going. It's literally a game of who's gonna break the ice first.
Speaker 1: Behind the scenes yesterday it was man, there's some knock good rosters out there, by the way. So like the Brewers have announced that their players, I'm forgetting this. The Cubs have announced theirs. The White Sox have announced theres there's another one that announced. There's yesterday. I'm completely forgetting who it is right now, you know. So there are some teams, there's a lot of not good prospects so far that are being named. But it'll drop on Friday.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's gonna be beautiful and pretty, and I don't know if it will be a couple listener questions. Not a ton for you guys replacing Royce for the rest of the week. Jake Rodgers. Oh, Nolan Jones or Rhino hearn it's the most Nolan Jones it's ever been.
Speaker 3: How is Nolan Zones available in your league?
Speaker 2: Like, dude, this dude's gonna put up twenty twenty in less than one hundred games this year. He had three steals on Tuesday night. I banged the drum because Curlin and I we have all the DC shares. We've been on him since December, like this is a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and he popped off. That was a big thing. Like I think Nolan Jones most of his crew has been inconsistent, but he finally found that consistency. He's popping off and he stole three bases yesterday.
Speaker 2: So I will I will say Ryan O'Hearn is not worth just poop pooing though, if you do need some help there, because Ryan mount Castle went to the IL, so you're gonna have a lot of a herr time.
Speaker 1: Okay, groovy, said Nico Horner fifteen round, fifteen keeper. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe yes, Can I get a yes?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: Maybe Maybe it's dependent. We have to find out, like it's saying, like someone.
Speaker 3: Else, what dependent you need you get to play you have to play one middle infielder.
Speaker 1: Well no, what if it's like what if it's like you get to keep one person and he's not telling us he has you someone.
Speaker 3: Else twelve week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know what, you'll totally see You'll see someone be like so it cost me a first rounder for Ronald Dacuna or fifteenth for this guy, and it's like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Like because he's the best player on the face of the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred over. On the injury front, Brady Singer hit the IO with a back injury and that he's uh pitched with for a few weeks. We found out Alex Cobb left his start with a hip impingement that he's been dealing with for a while. Probably gonna shut him down. This is shut down season. You say, Kakuchi left Tuesdays start with cramps, okay, but expects to make next start. Got to get that gay year raid. Shane Bieber threw a bullpen on Tuesday. Could return to the Guardians this.
Speaker 3: Weekend, scheduled to start Friday.
Speaker 1: Right now, you're gonna trust that. No, like Bieber has moved away. He used to be a guy coming off of AOL you would just trust. Yeah, I don't think he has that anymore.
Speaker 3: He's facing Baltimore, so now, no way, no way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Edward Rodriguez left Mondays start early with a shoulder injury. Likely shut down for the rest of the year. But he's because he's still in Detroit. That's all he cares about. Then you mentioned it, Ryan Mountcastle. He was placed on the il Ryan O'Hearn going to get the full go though we have seen some heston Kurston. I think Kristin Kristad hit a homer last night and he's got two now on the season.
Speaker 2: So that was really funny that the Hairsted homer was to the Crawford boxes and left field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, only ballpark.
Speaker 2: It would have been gone in like the Alex Fast tweet about it was hilarious, like it would have been about twenty or thirty feet short of the wall in Baltimore. But one more thing on Ryan on Hearn, because again Alex Fast, if he will, if Orioles game is happening, he'll have a million tweets. Hearn's hitting three O eight on the AAR. He does not qualify for the batting title, but if he did, he'd be behind Mookie Betts and Showho Tani on the list.
Speaker 3: Right now, that's how.
Speaker 1: Good three But at threeh eight Yeah, that's you just mean in the A in the AL.
Speaker 3: No, Mookie Bets is not in the AO, so.
Speaker 1: Well, No, three eight doesn't make sense because Louisa Rise is hitting like three forty.
Speaker 2: Still, yeah, he'd be the ninth best average in baseball, our tenth best were Bets is ninth and Tani's eleven.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, sorry you said that. My brain process that like.
Speaker 3: Ryanld Hern would have a top ten batting average in baseball.
Speaker 1: Gotcha just didn't hear it. Just didn't hear it. Okay, I mean Ryan Heart. I don't want to be super dismissive, but I kind of am being definitely.
Speaker 3: That's why. It's because everybody is because of what we've seen in this career. I get it. So I just want to kind of nail that home for some people.
Speaker 1: Okay, good job, good job, Bubba, that's a good that's a good one. The Rhino Hern guy, big Rhino Hern guy here.
Speaker 3: So I'm a man of the people. I expect you to put.
Speaker 1: Him as your home run call today then, because you're such a right.
Speaker 3: Picked a different Oriole. But I did Roster ryld Hearn and DFS today are there you go? So there you go.
Speaker 1: We're not doing DFS, but you got that here. Three up and three down. Speaking of the Orioles. Austin Hayes yesterday too for five two bombs mentioned Nolan Jones. We went one for two with three stolen bases and two walks. That's the other thing about Nolan Jones. He's an OBP guy, and he's just he's going to go into next year with so much confidence and so much that we're going to be able to build off and trust for fantasy. Those stolen bases I never thought would continue, but it's just one of those guys that has a I would read physically impressive and the bases being a little bit closer has just given him that nice little advantage. You know what's funny, we did this on ITL the other day. Did you know that? God, let me see if I can remember it. When we looked at I think it was thirty plus or I think it was thirty plus stolen bases versus thirty plus homers. There were six players with thirty or more stolen bases, only four with thirty or more homers. Maybe it was forty. Maybe the number is forty. I think it was forty. So four players with forty or more homers, six players with forty or more stolen bases. But when we moved and so, you know, we were kind of building in like, hey, homers might be something you need to really start picking. But when you moved it down to twenty five, there were like eighteen players with twenty five or more stolen bases, but forty five players with twenty five or more homers. And the point was, you know, it's always an arms race for stolen bases, but if you can get one or two of the top elite guys and then and you just build that power, you can really make it happen because the elite stolen base guys are a bigger commodity than the big, big homer guys, and there are lots of guys that are getting homers, but at the same time, to find elite power, there's less of that. It seems like then there's ever been before.
Speaker 2: At the same time, then you'd have to maximize your twenty to five home run guys, which is harder to do because you know positionals and everything. That's something I preached going into this season because I've always had a problem with home run So I made a point for the Olsens and the Alonsos early, like I can, I'll get steals elsewhere. I'll figure it out. I want that elite power back, and the leagues where I could pull that off. It's been a game changer.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: I've always been really big two on like just building, Like just because I got a lot of people will be like, oh, hey, I got my big stolen base, I'll move on. It's like, no, just build from that strength.
Speaker 2: See, that's something that to relook at this year because I am destroying stolen bases and most of my leagues, like I have way too many stolen bases and some of my legs. So I need to figure out how to kind of reavert that to maybe attack power differently. And that's the beauty of the off and stuff we talk about. But to hit on what you're talking about, I want to mention one thing in the chat. Sorry to interrupt, but Michael Impo said, is Royce officially done or waiting on MRI? The report as of an hour ago from The Beat writer Joey Hung Park Royce Lewis is going to get an MRI on tomorrow morning. On Thursday morning to Minneapolis. They're testing him. He was on the bike this morning. They're hoping to have a better since by Friday. So he's not done for the season. They got to get the testing. They're hoping to have him back. The fact he's on a bike today actually promising to me that this is the weekend. Maybe it comes back next week. But he's not done. I don't want you dropping him right now. That's what I was trying to get at.
Speaker 1: Brian asked a good question, fam or O'Hearn rest the season?
Speaker 3: I'll put let's look matchups. Let's have some fun here.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, go get matchups because I I lean FAM for the power speed combo.
Speaker 2: So Baltimore gets four at Cleveland, A gets right hand to pitch him the finish this week, which is great. And then next week three, two against Washington, four against Boston. Five of six first Ridy so Hearn will play ten of lost eleven Arizona. You got off day tomorrow, and then they got three at the Yankees rodin Vasquez Schmidt not bad, it's a good love or yet the White Sox, which is outstanding.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: And then three at Houston, which you don't know what you're going to get there because right now it's Valdez Verlander Brown.
Speaker 1: But no split, no split with Tommy Fam, he'll hit three every single day.
Speaker 3: So you get nine games with Fan, you get ten to eleven with Hern.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry say that again.
Speaker 3: You have nine total games with FAM, you have ten to eleven games with o Hearn.
Speaker 1: But any potential set I think you go either way. You know what, if you're chasing the stolen bases, then you go maybe, yeah, maybe you're looking there. But if you want a little bit more game action or theoretical game action.
Speaker 3: You're playing points of hern A Beard. He's in the middle of that outliner right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially with the batting average, that's a definitely good call on the I don't even think I finished on the three ups. Kent Tomata five innings, eight strikeouts. We had talked about him. I had been talking about him as a streaming option for this week. On the Down, Hunter Brown got lit five and one third, seven earned run Kyle Nicholas, you're the strongest. You should fight crime.
Speaker 3: That's so Nicholas today.
Speaker 1: Does anybody know what that comedy bit is from someone put it in the chat? If you know what that is, you should fight crime. Uh he he used to be a Marlin, I think. And then he went to the Pirates. He came up, He finished one third of an inning and gave up six earned runs. So he was not the strongest boy in the world. Jared Walsh over four four strikeouts. So there you go, and that will take us to our dear friends over if I can find the thing here over at Prize Picks, use the promo code leading off. It's gonna give you one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks. Lock a couple of players in make some monies. You can play multiple sports if you want. Price Picks want you to have fun, and that's what it's all about. Baby, He's having some fun out in the world. So promo code leading off, how are you going to prize picket today?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the little K combo action.
Speaker 2: Read Debtmer's eron savalis all these k's going up since going to Tampa Bay and changing the pitch mix depends on what Debtmer shows up. I'll think over ten and a half case with those two. I like my chances. There have always been getting six to seven right now, give me Gunner Henderson over one and a half total bases. I love the o's today against Christian Javier and another O said Mullins over one and a half hits, runs and RBI.
Speaker 3: So go Baltimore.
Speaker 1: What what did you say? You went with total basses? What was the juice on that total base for Gunner? Do you remember on Price Picks there is no juice? Oh yeah, yeah, I was thinking of bets. Sorry, I was thinking of the bets bets because I might want to on the.
Speaker 2: On the DK sportsbook, I was looking at over one and a half for Gunner was like minus one twenty. You could do hits, runs and RBIs for Gunner over two and a half at plus one twenty.
Speaker 3: I was tempted.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I might play there. Dan said, that's funny that you say this. He sounds like Stuart because I do. I do do a Stewart impression. I say, like, that was the Stewart but no, no one's got the guests on the you have the strongest boy in the world. It's a great comment. This is the point of the season. We're right. I'm going with a couple starting pitcher fantasy scores. George Kirby has been a little bit poopy lately, but he's got the a's. This is the get right Maybe he you know, goes more than ninety pitches thirty four and a half on the fantasy points code. I senga, I love today thirty four and a half. Really kind of play him kind of across the board, and then Mookie Betts will go with eight and a half fantasy points as I am prized picking over on the bets. Speaking of code, I senga, I am gonna go with the strikeouts over six and a half it was minus one fifteen when I saw it last night. He has hit this in like four of his last five, I believe. And one of the reasons I really liked it. You're going up against the Marlins is you are potentially gonna have Luis Rise out, and that's one less person, you know, gonna put one more person in for more strikeouts. I think Luis rise sets the tone for the strikeouts being down. So with him he could play, I suppose, but he was banged up out of yesterday, hurt his ankle. I think they're gonna gi him a day off. So it just made me like that a little bit more. Also like Seattle, as I mentioned with Kirby, just minus one and a half on full game and then a little bit of a weird one as I do Yankees Toronto first three innings two and a half under at minus one thirty five. Because I like Michael Young, and you got Kevin Gossman, and I really like Michael Young. I'm gonna like him a lot going into the offseason. So King or Michael King. I'm sorry, Michael. I like Michael Young too with the Rangers, but yeah, Michael King under two and a half runs through the first three innings. Those are my three big bets here.
Speaker 2: What do you got I'm taking some chances on some dogs. Give me Boston first five at plus one twenty. Brian Bayo has been good enough, going to mess John Gray, both very volatile pictures. I think it's more of an even money game. So give me the plus one twenty. Arizona at home versus the Giants. Merril Kelly has been close to has been their ace actually over the last couple of months, as Gallon has stoped.
Speaker 1: Logan Web though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Logan Web. I'll take the plus money at plus one ten. It's basically it should be even. I'll take I'll take a little bit of plus. I like them both, trust me Web In DFS today, I like them both quite a bit. And then Andrisonan is over one and a half total basis plus one twenty. Dude is crushing it. Cleveland Guardians get the Kansas City Worlds is at Granky Ow's Guardians for all the moneies today.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to make the monies. We don't have DFS, we don't have apologies, we don't have the fs, we don't have a Corbyn Carol one though I did tell you where we would have We might have gone to the Bealjuice Theater. It's potentially a thought here. But we do have all we we don't have a home run board, but I do have the number. So the home run.
Speaker 3: Board twentieth twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, it's the end here. I do want to announce something exciting. Is my boy Jesse knew what it was. It's Nick Schwartzen. It's one of the best. It's the old Comedy Central when they did the like, you know, the thirty minute specials that these guys would get when that meant something. Nick Schwartzen's old bit was phenomenal, and it was the holding the milk jug and Grandma going.
Speaker 2: Nicholas Schwartz Crime Sports is actually coming to the Santos prov early October to film a special.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be ah I love, I Love love Nick Schwartz.
Speaker 3: Go watch Gramdma's Boy people. It's gonna throw that out there.
Speaker 1: It's a great, absolutely great movie. But I do have the actual numbers on the home run board. So Blue Harvester is still at sixty, JJ Tator at fifty five, Raizor Ramone at fifty three. This is cridical. Like I said, if there's a five homer gap, I think we're gonna we're not gonna actually call it. But it's like about all but called Wonkee's got forty seven. I still I don't even think I've pushed into forty five. So Wonkey's gonna definitely take the number for the fantasy pros people. And shout out to Wonky. By the way, in Fantasy football week two or week yeah, week two was the number one most consistent ranker for week two.
Speaker 3: Job on the side, So yeah.
Speaker 1: Websolutely Wonky. Great job on that, And that is it, friends, that's all that We're gonna give our.
Speaker 3: Home run calls.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we could give home run calls for sure. Yeah, I told you. I'm just I'm totally disheveled here, so completely thrown out doing all these impressions. I can't do all these impressions. And did Joe at the top, and then Blake's new l and the Nick Schwartz and the t.
Speaker 3: You're on top of it today, you're you're you're crushing it.
Speaker 1: Something like that, All right, who who's going to crush it for you?
Speaker 2: People should know about now Gunner Henderson. Gunner Hendry was tough fisking just one. Oh, trust me. So Gunnar Henderson gonna do it?
Speaker 3: Why don't you?
Speaker 1: You should make a little like you probably like plus two fifty for a homer today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd have to go check. That could be a fun one. I agree.
Speaker 1: I think that would be a good one. I kind of want to place that.
Speaker 3: You said it was plus what for two over two and a half runs? Hits an RBIs like plus one thirty.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not bad. I might I might be.
Speaker 3: You can do that in one hit one home run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you got excited there, look like you're about to get into all right. I'm with you on that one. I definitely am into it for Gunner today my home run call, I'm gonna be pitting up against the Colorado Rockies and I'm gonna go with one so too, one so too for my home run call today. That's what you got, you guys. If you guys are locked into the uh, into the app, if you got some premium over on Fantasy Pros, you can get into the discord and you can be making your home run calls, talking to the people, having so much fun. So make sure you do that today over at Fantasy Pros upgrade your experience. I know it's the end of the year, it'd be like a weird time to do it, but keep that in the back of your mind. They're doing it for football, lots of off season content. I'm gonna be producing some off season content here, so hopefully you guys are going to be digging that and frindos. That is it. We will be back again on Friday. Bring your questions. We'll get some streaming pitchers for the weekend, and we'll get you prepped for the final freaking week of the fantasy baseball season, which is with's mind blowing in bonkers for Baba on Twitter at bd Intrick. You can find me on Twitter at is at the Welsh for the story of the I can't remember what Joe says. The story of the game goes.
Speaker 3: On, Yes, Bubba Welsh, We're out of here. What a bad ending.
Speaker 1: Do an impression for us? Do an impression for us?
Speaker 3: Hey, yo, what shall we be