Speaker 1: You found it the Second Aid Update podcast. Thank you so much for being here. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, of course, and we do want to remind you that for the first time ever, we have Second Date Update merch.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't miss out on it. Yes, it's so cute.
Speaker 1: It's designed by legitimately like a world renowned ski and snowboard designer.
Speaker 2: Which is pretty sweet.
Speaker 3: That's super cool.
Speaker 2: That makes us look cool, doesn't Yes.
Speaker 1: Only I could ski snowboard good, but you know, and even cooler is one hundred percent of the proceeds. We don't see a penny of this go to Convoy of Hope, which is a fantastic organization still trying to help people rebuild.
Speaker 2: Their lives after the LA wildfires. So they're amazing so much are being here.
Speaker 1: That link for the merch is in the show notes right now, and hey, enjoy a Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Second Date Updated.
Speaker 4: Occasionally on this segment we get return callers who come back multiple times seeking our help and dare I say our wisdom?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: WHOA what do they say about people who are psycho and they try the same thing over and over again expecting the different results.
Speaker 3: That's saying it's too wise for me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Funny thing is today's return listener only knows about us because we called him for a second date.
Speaker 3: Update.
Speaker 2: What the heck did you go out with him?
Speaker 5: Jeff?
Speaker 2: And now he's not calling you bath? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I mean he was on a second date where we reached out to him. Oh yeah, he was on the receiving end of the call, and not surprisingly, he instantly fell in love with us.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought we were desperate.
Speaker 3: Secondary going Hey, have you been on any New Days?
Speaker 4: His name is Chase, and I don't know if you'll remember him, but he was the guy who kept postponing his dates because he said he was really really focused.
Speaker 3: On self care and not overstressing.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is a bathtub guy, right bathtub?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 4: He was having too good of a time in the bath and decided, you know what, I'm going to stay in here and skip my date.
Speaker 1: And I will say I love a man who just has discovered the magic of a bath.
Speaker 4: Chase, We respect you and your self care. Welcome back to the show Man, Thanks go.
Speaker 6: Good to be back in a bubble bath.
Speaker 8: Right now, bro, I'm not taking a bath right now, so you reached out to us this time because apparently you went out with a different girl than the last time.
Speaker 3: Or is this the same one?
Speaker 6: No, this is a different girl.
Speaker 5: This girl's name is Kathy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, where'd you meet her.
Speaker 6: Online?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: I thought I was gonna say in the bathtub when I was so okay, she just popped up and I was like, okay, well, guess what did.
Speaker 2: You just come from?
Speaker 1: Up the story?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Cool? You met her online? What did you guys do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, honestly we talked at first, and then eventually we found the time we were both free, and we went out to a restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds pretty so far.
Speaker 4: And did you actually make it to this restaurant or was self care getting in the way?
Speaker 6: Now, we made it to the restaurant, Believe it or not. You can take care of yourself and still make time.
Speaker 2: Learning lessons from your time on the show last time?
Speaker 3: So much? Okay, how did how did the restaurant go with Cassie?
Speaker 6: I thought we had a good time. We did that thing where you're looking at random strangers and you're like making up crazy backstories about them. Oh yeah, so I love that Okay, Yeah, Like we we talked about her job. She's a nurse, which is really cool. So when we were telling backstories, we would come up with like crazy scenarios of r injuries. Oh that's at the bar. What if he was impaled by a spear gun? What would you do with her?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: This definitely sounds like a very romantic topic of conversation. Hope you didn't spend all of your time on er horror stories.
Speaker 6: So of course we talked about other things. Like one of my favorite questions to ask on a first or second day is what was your favorite cartoon as a kid.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. That's a hard question, dude.
Speaker 6: If you say Looney Tunes, maybe you have a silly, fun attitude.
Speaker 1: Oh, you like use it to judge people's personality.
Speaker 2: If you say Spongebobb your what was your answer?
Speaker 6: Well, funny enough, you just said it. Mine was spunge Bob him as a human being?
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, team SpongeBob Brooks is animaniacs. Does that mean that she's sexually repressed and has a weird relationship with family members?
Speaker 1: No, it's that I know all the capitals of the United States do not listen to Wacko's song.
Speaker 3: Clearly No, that's epic song.
Speaker 4: Okay, did she have a good answer for a cartoon show?
Speaker 6: Yeah, her favorite with Scooby Doo. Maybe, like you know true crime show.
Speaker 4: Is transfers into adulthood or they soon to be serial killers.
Speaker 3: But that's probably not sa that's true? Okay yourself? Well this okay?
Speaker 4: Now, now the conversation sounds like it's more fun. How did the night end?
Speaker 6: Well, you know how, we were having a really great time. I thought I was gonna get a kiss. Maybe happening.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Is that because you didn't make the move or what?
Speaker 5: You know? I leaned in and she didn't reciprocate.
Speaker 6: I wasn't going to push it any farther.
Speaker 2: Gentleman way to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I just got in my Honda Civic and drove home.
Speaker 2: You slink away, You feel like crap.
Speaker 4: I've been there, bro, I love every girl I've ever met.
Speaker 2: Up on the making model of his car was.
Speaker 4: Okay, you have pride in your car. Sure, So what's happened since that date? Have you been able to stay in touch with Cassie?
Speaker 6: I've tried to make another date. The problem is I just I'm phusy a lot with my company, so it's been hard to find the time that worked. And now I just kind of feel like she's ignoring me.
Speaker 3: So you're super busy, but you will make.
Speaker 6: Time for her, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, well we can tell her that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: But it's always like kind of a turn off when people are like, I'm really super mping, you know, It's like that feels like maybe she thinks you don't like her, honestly, yeah, because that always feels like an excuse In.
Speaker 4: Times like these, I tend to ask myself what would SpongeBob do? And what he would do is he would come back and you would call Cassie on the radio and try and get you a second date.
Speaker 2: I feel like you go jellyfish hunting.
Speaker 3: But yeah, SpongeBob things at once. We're gonna attempt a few of them when we come back. I gotta know about that. We're gonna do with a second date update right after this second date update.
Speaker 4: It's kind of interesting the question our listener Chase asks women on every first date.
Speaker 3: He likes to ask, what's your face? Rich Childhood Cartoon.
Speaker 2: I love that question.
Speaker 3: I think everybody loves that question.
Speaker 2: I actually want to know yours.
Speaker 3: Jeff, You're never going to know that from me. We don't know each other that well. Oh come on, I'll dare you ask something so deep in person?
Speaker 2: You know what it's gonna be, deftails. It's got to be about a rich uncle. There's no way.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's Arthur if you have to know the introverted barking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the really sassy sister.
Speaker 4: Now, Chase says he can tell a lot about a person based on their cartoon answer and his date Cassie said Scooby Doo, which is a sign that she could be into true crime. It's so funny, whereas he's a SpongeBob fan who's more silly and wacky and wears square shaped clothes. Yeah, but opposites do attract sometimes, and Chase wants to see if we can make that happen for him today, Brook, what's your take?
Speaker 1: I really think that she thinks that you don't like her, because, like he says.
Speaker 2: I mean, didn't you say, Chase, like you kept telling her? God him so busy. But I'll fit you in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get that, It's it's not what I meant to, and I hope she doesn't see.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: I just think that's what's happening, and I think you can totally come back from it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if it turns out that we can't get you a second date at the end of this, is it okay if we blame it on those meddling kids and dog.
Speaker 6: Too, if need be, I suppose that'd be okay.
Speaker 2: Masks, are you wearing to take off after this?
Speaker 3: We're gonna call that plan B.
Speaker 4: But for now, let's just dial Cassie see if she picks up and try to get this second date done. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk with Cassie. She Hey Cassie, my name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Hey Cassie, Yeah, thank you, but I'm not interested though. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we're not.
Speaker 4: We're not trying to tell you anything. We're asked to call you by one of our listeners that went on a date with you recently.
Speaker 7: What what is this? I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, this is a segment we do call the Second Date Update, and we're trying to help him figure out if something went wrong on your first meetup and hopefully get you two together for another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it sounds like a pretty normal date.
Speaker 3: I mean, it wasn't that normal, Brook.
Speaker 4: They were making up backstories about spear guns and what you would do as a nurse in the er.
Speaker 7: Oh oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you're talking about Chase. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the reason that we're doing this call is because Chase told us this whole story, said he had a great time with you. Now he's a little bit confused about why there hasn't been a second meetup, because if we're being honest, he says, he feels like you're ignoring him.
Speaker 7: No, I mean I just kind of well, I just kind of felt like I was kind of bouched by this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because we've had Chase on the show before and he just seems like such a humble, like nice dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, I mean he is humble and nice, but like when we like connected and I called him, he said he was golfing at this golf course and I looked it up and it's like a really nice private course. You have to be a member.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, looked it up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, well, I mean it's it's nice to have someone that's financially established, you know, I mean, don't guys go golfing if they're not financially was a private.
Speaker 3: Court, Okay, this particular one really impressed you.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Another time we were texting to meet up and he said he was at this auction and I'm like, auction buying stuff, like poor people don't go to auction.
Speaker 1: If he's buying art, Like come on, yeah, I don't know, as I haven't.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, so I figure, okay, this guy's establish, and so we figured out a night to meet and he takes me to like a regular chain restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: I was like, okay, that's that's not what I expected. And you know, the actual date went well, but then he at the end of the night, he drives off in a kind of like.
Speaker 2: Did you wait, did you just say you to a Honda Civic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I got the impressions. Then he had money and he was you know, well off.
Speaker 2: My god, that's not fair. You did not get the impression. You made the assumption. Yeah, a friend of the golf.
Speaker 4: Course, Cassie, did he tell you that he's well off with a lot of money or did you just assume that based on your conversations?
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess I assumed it because well it was based.
Speaker 2: On the conversations. It sounds like based on her research.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know many many different personal assistants who attend art auctions on behalf of my family and my parents, and they.
Speaker 3: Are not off.
Speaker 2: I can't tell if you're joking. Did your family really do that?
Speaker 3: Why am I being grilled?
Speaker 4: Cassie is the one that is jumping to assumptions here.
Speaker 6: Rich guys just can't get.
Speaker 4: So Cassie, do you feel like maybe you are the one at fault here jumping to assumptions about who he really is?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just I'm not interested in beating a low value guy to trick me.
Speaker 4: Agree, you should get him on the phone and ask him that question, because I need to let you know that he is listening to this call on the other line right now.
Speaker 1: What he could Chase?
Speaker 3: Are you there and are you a low value man?
Speaker 7: Yes? Or no?
Speaker 6: I mean apparently I am. According to her, you're.
Speaker 2: A good value man. Chase, that's what you say.
Speaker 4: Well, why don't you have a discussion with Cassie about this? Because clearly. She feels like you were giving her the impression that you were at a certain level well financially, and you didn't meet that in person.
Speaker 6: No, I mean, sadly, my plan worked.
Speaker 7: Plan? What plan? Though? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Playing games?
Speaker 6: I actually am a member of that golf club, and I did attend the art auctions for myself. It was art.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you're rich rich, then I'm comfortable.
Speaker 2: That means you're wealthy.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you got off. My parents pay well on with.
Speaker 4: The civic and the non bouginess, like what's happening?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I own a tech company and sometimes when girls hear that, they just end up wanting to date me for my money.
Speaker 5: So I purposely took you to a chain restaurant.
Speaker 6: To see how you would react.
Speaker 2: Oh and you liked her. Still, that's so sad.
Speaker 7: And then she no, no, no, I didn't hate it. Look, I didn't hear that you fail to test personally. I think that's very very smart. I think you should try to do that your boid.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Cassie.
Speaker 1: Now you're super interested in him and you think that he is awesome.
Speaker 7: Weirdly, I mean, I don't know what you guys here referring. But seriously, I've always been interested.
Speaker 2: You know, we record these phone calls. We can play him back.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean you might have missed that first part because I said, if this is him testing me, then you know he's really smart and I respect that, I really do.
Speaker 2: I think I think I think she tried to say that. Right after he said, oh, it's just a test. She's like, that's really smart.
Speaker 3: Are you buying it? Chase?
Speaker 6: Look, I can buy anything I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's funny. That's not what I meant. But do you believe her?
Speaker 5: I always want to think the best of people. So, okay, it wants to send me a few picks?
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, you say if she wants.
Speaker 5: To send you what if she wants to send me a few picks to so sorry, then.
Speaker 2: That's so rough. Yeah, I mean I want to get stereotype. He was a Chase tech company. But now I am, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you're so funny. I'll show you on our date.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, this has been a past here.
Speaker 2: So how quickly he dropped his morals too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Want to hang out?
Speaker 4: I have to see if both parties are actually still interested in another date here because.
Speaker 3: Yes, from you, she said, yes.
Speaker 4: It's a big change from what you said five minutes ago. But apparently we misunderstood.
Speaker 3: We heard you wrong.
Speaker 7: You did, you did misunderstood me. I told you, guys, I was shocked. I was a little surprised, but I didn't hate the restaurant for sure.
Speaker 3: She actually did say the restaurant was okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So Chase, are you guys gonna go out again? Because if you do, you're probably gonna have to drop the Ikmobile Honda Civic. It's not it's not approved.
Speaker 6: I mean you know, I mean like that new.
Speaker 5: Stuff has been presented on this date.
Speaker 6: So I'm definitely a yes, definitely, yes, you got.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 2: I hate both of you somehow.
Speaker 3: I think we're jealous of both of Yeah, okay, well congratulations did it? Why do we feel bad?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It feels wrong. There's some law that we just broke. Whatever you do, have fun, all right, send some money if you're bored.
Speaker 3: Bro Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I think with dates nowadays, if you have a certain expectation, like you want a guy who's well often established, like Cassie did, you just need to put the survey in front of them at the table. Do you make this amount, this amount or this amount of circle it and we can be done with it.
Speaker 3: And it starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that song on TikTok, Right, I want a guy in finance exactly.
Speaker 3: Let's just figure out where you really are.
Speaker 4: That way we can avoid simple misunderstandings like this one. No message misunderstood though, and test them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think what is funny is that they both ended up kind of meant for each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both of them are a little sleazy at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, well, you know, fine, I'll forgive you, you forgive me.
Speaker 6: Let's just hang out.
Speaker 4: But we need to own our part of the misunderstanding because we totally misheard her.
Speaker 2: Oh so yeah, a little. I think we did.
Speaker 4: When she said you about the Honda Civic, she didn't mean the cars groscy men cute.
Speaker 3: It's a cute cars.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She also heard said yeah, yeah, well I'm sure we misunderstood that one too.
Speaker 3: We don't make enough money to understand her. I feel bad forever doubting her.
Speaker 4: And if you want to hear any of our second dates, you can go to wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: They're up right now at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,